2.22/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

1800petmeds.com

Looking for a good dog food brand?

112 1800-PetMeds Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 1, 2019

The vet prescribed **. They say, he, "Use this and find where your dog is stable. It may take a few years off her life, yet, you want to make her comfortable." My pitbull was experiencing massive skin issues! In fact, the vet thought it was cancer because it was so bad. My pitbull gained ground on **. Then my pitty named Sady was having breathing issues on ** and I was looking for a more natural healthier alternative.

After researching? I found Yucca Intensive. I changed her over and it is so much better! She has no side effects and it is every bit, if not more effective than **!!!! Yes! She hates the taste! It works! I blend it in Blue Buffalo canned lamb and potato with less ingredients because I feel some of her issues are allergy related. She loves it in that! Because it is mixed in food? I give her a full dropper full twice a day and it is working with no side effects. She is happy, more energetic and is gaining on her skin issues. Seriously?!?! ** was going to kill her and this is saving her life and years. Thank you 1800-PetMeds for this solution! My dog means the world to me!! She has saved my life and I am determined to return the favor.

1800-PetMeds response
      Hi Cathi. Thanks for your feedback; we're so happy to hear the Yucca Intensive helped Sady. Give Sady an extra hug for us!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Our vet wanted to charge me $300 for an antibiotic for our dog on top of the $178.00 vet bill for a UTI. I am on limited income and I called them and was able to place the order with them. My vet approved the script next day and they are even waving the overnight fee for me. The price was also reduced by 90%!!!! Thank you 1800-PetMeds. You will always receive my business.

1800-PetMeds response
      Hi Lorraine. We're so glad we could help you save while keeping your adorable dog happy and healthy. Thank you for being part of our PetMeds family!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Get expert buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I recently had to put my 3 cats on monthly meds and it was pretty expensive getting it from my vet. I decided to give 1800-PetMeds a try. They make the call to the vet - all you do is place the order. The communication is excellent, my prescription was ok’d by my vet and the medication was at my door within a few days at half the price. I am very happy and will recommend them.

1800-PetMeds response
      Thank you so much for your kind review and recommendation; we really appreciate it!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I ordered two pet beds from their site two weeks ago. I’ve been calling for the last five days to see where order is. They keep telling me it’s shipping today and we will send you a tracking number. They never ship it or send tracking number. The customer service reps are rude and could care less. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Incompetent staff and poor service. Their website says 3-5 day shipping. It’s been 14 days and they can’t give me any answers. Stay away from this company.

1800-PetMeds response
      Hi Tami. I am very sorry for the delay. As we mentioned yesterday, the beds have already shipped. These particular beds are custom made at the time of order, which is the reason for the delay. I'm very sorry you were not given this information at the time, and we especially regret that you did not receive excellent customer service when you tried to follow up on this.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: July 26, 2019

I made overnight order. It never came the next day. It never came the next day. I called. The woman took the extra 19.99 fee I paid for overnight. She said I would receive it today. I did not. I called. It had not even shipped out!!! I was confirmed by email four days ago. Then by a person yesterday that for sure I would receive the item today. After two confirmations, a total fail! I do not trust anything this company says or puts out. How can you? The customer service person kept acting like I should know they were in FL & it was a time thing. I don’t believe they had the product to ship out & were stalling making excuses. This is a very bad quality in a company. Do not trust!

I ended up getting the product for much less from Chewy. It was only flea product I needed. I would never trust what they said otherwise. Sorry but if you don’t tell the truth & aren’t accurate, how am I supposed to trust your product? And Chewy is next day without paying the 19.99. This company makes you think they are giving you a deal, there was no deal!! I would have paid 30.00 more than at Chewy even though the way they put it it looked like way less. They do a switcher on you when you put in info on product. Nope not trusting this company again to even fill a water bowl.

1800-PetMeds response
      Hi Jennifer and thank you for your feedback. We're very sorry your order did not ship when expected - most orders do ship the same day. In this case, since this was a first-time order, for your security it was necessary for us to confirm some information from you and we were unable to ship the order until we heard back from you.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1800-PetMeds?

Original review: July 20, 2019

Yesterday I ordered Advantage II for both my cats and my dogs. At check out I confirmed with a payment of $97.97 but $131.52 was taken from my bank account. That's $33.55 more than what I confirmed at check out. This is upsetting as I am on a low income. I wouldn't have ordered if the price was $131.52 at check out.

1800-PetMeds response
      Hi Melissa. We're very sorry for any confusion. Unfortunately, we are unable to identify your account from the attached image. We would love the chance to look into this for you. Please let us know your Order Number or Customer Number so that we can investigate this further. Thank you!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: July 18, 2019

It took 40 minutes of customer "service" objecting and twisting pricing numbers before a $10 discount was offered as a "one-time courtesy". I wouldn't patronize this Company...I was disgusted. Other companies appear to have much better regular pricing without all the self-serving nonsense of advertised percentages off and "discounts".

1800-PetMeds response
      Hi Gerry and thank you for your feedback. We're very sorry you were disappointed with your experience with us. Please note that we do have a low price guarantee. If you happen to find a lower price elsewhere, just let us know. We meet any price at the time of order from dot-pharmacy verified websites.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: June 17, 2019

They send me an email for reordering 2 prescriptions. I get a call a week after confirming the order and the pharmacist tells me that I am ordering 1 of them too early! How am I doing it too early when they are the ones sending me the reminder to order again? Then the pharmacist had me count the remaining pills I have. When he finds out I will need more in a week, he questions me about it like I am misusing my 18 year old dog's meds. My dog takes 1 piece of a pill every 8-12 hours (or as needed for pain).

I have never been treated this way when ordering his medications elsewhere. The man or woman on phone was rude and unhelpful! I have cancelled the order with 1800-PetMeds and will happily get them filled through my vet again. They did not care one bit about losing a customer, nor did they try anything to correct the issue. I DO NOT recommend 1800-PetMeds for elderly animals that require medication to function!!! I will never order with them again for any animal I have due to the way they handled this refill (that they sent me an email saying it was time to order again)!! Terrible customer service!

1800-PetMeds response
      Hi Erin. We're very sorry for your experience. We would like to investigate what happened in this instance and make it right for you. So that we can identify your account, can you please let us know your Order Number, your Customer Number, or the email on your account? We value you as a customer and would appreciate the opportunity to look into this further. You can reach me directly by email. Thank you.

Original review: June 9, 2019

** oral suspension. My cat was prescribed this for chin acne. It is an oral liquid. She could hardly tolerate it and was very uncomfortable and drooled horribly. We quit using it after 3 doses. We very carefully followed veterinary instructions.

1800-PetMeds response
      We're very sorry your cat had a reaction to the medication prescribed by your veterinarian, and we hope your cat is feeling better now. We have an unconditional guarantee on everything we carry, so please don't hesitate to contact us for a full refund. Additionally, we encourage you to leave a review of the medication on our product page for this medication. We hope you will reconsider your review of us as a company. Thank you!

Original review: June 9, 2019

I mailed in prescriptions from my vet. It took a month of me calling every week before they said they finally had them. I then placed an order over the telephone for ** and **. They only sent the **. Had to call again and they said they didn't have the scripts for the ** even though all scripts were mailed in the same envelope. They finally found the ** scripts. In total, I must have called them over 10 times just to finally get all of the scripts mailed to me. Using PetcareRx next time (also, PetcareRx prices are cheaper).

1800-PetMeds response
      We're very sorry for your experience, as this is certainly not our usual process. We would appreciate the opportunity to investigate what happened in this instance. Please let us know your Order Number or Customer Number. You can reach me directly. Thank you.

1800-PetMeds Company Information