2. Pets
  3. Pet Care

1800petmeds.com

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.23/5

1-800-PetMeds is an online pharmacy for pet medication. 1-800-PetMeds carries all major brand medications and has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. It has online veterinary pharmacy verification from the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy.

1-800-PetMeds Shop Now

Find affordable pet supplies

Shop now on BudgetPetCare

Visit Website

Find affordable pet supplies

Shop now on BudgetPetCare

Visit Website

1-800-PetMeds Reviews

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I had an issue with a prescription for my dog. The error was with the vet, and when I called 1800 pet meds, they took the time to research the issue and then called the vet to straighten out the problem. As a result, the prescription was filled and shipped the same day I called. I was never placed in a queue and spoke to a real person within seconds of my call--no options to choose from, just a direct connection to customer service.

1-800-PetMeds response
Hi Ann. Thank you so much for your kind feedback, and giving us the opportunity to help with your dog's prescription. We really appreciate it!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I always buy from 1800-PetMeds and this one time they forgot to ship an item. I called. They were very helpful without asking they Shipped out the product overnight!! Free of charge! Great company. Highly recommend.

1-800-PetMeds response
Thank you so much for your kind feedback, and for being part of our PetMeds family. We really appreciate it!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Get buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I have been using PetMeds for over two years and always experienced them to dependable and also learned they are affordable medication! Our dog is on life long medication and so I appreciate their excellent business practice!

1-800-PetMeds response
    Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such nice feedback, and for being part of our PetMeds family. We really appreciate it!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: May 28, 2020

Trying to play middle man between my Vets office and 1-800-PetMeds simply to order **... I'm in my Vet's office when they received the document from 1800PetMeds, Vets tells me as I'm walking out the office they they've already signed and sent it back. End of business that day and 1800PetMeds still shows my order on hold. Go to call them up to ask why they haven't released the order yet and if I can pay for faster shipping. However after sitting on hold 10 minutes... 15 minutes... nothing. Shot them an email with my order number, questions I had, and my contact information - nothing.

The fact that you're required to have your dog seen simply to get a script for ** is already silly.. The cost of ** is silly.. Try to save a few bucks and order it online - just dumb on my part. The honest truth is, you can go to Canadapetcare.com and order the same exact Meds WITHOUT a script AND much cheaper AND it comes in the same sealed ** box that I get from my Vet.. I try to refrain from purchasing things illegally like that... but don't make it like running into a brick wall to simply order flea preventative for my dog. Now some company in Canada is going to get my money instead.

1-800-PetMeds response
    Hi Ryan. I'm sorry for your experience; if you provide your Order Number we'd love to help. The FDA determines which meds are classified as OTC vs. prescription. When a drug is felt to be unsafe w/o proper medical follow-up or monitoring it's placed on prescription only status. There are a variety of reasons for this; in the case of heartworm preventatives for example, there is potential danger if these meds are given to dogs that are heartworm positive.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: April 16, 2020

Ordered from the website 3 different times. Each time my order did not arrive. Checked my email to discover my order was on hold due to "payment needing to be verified." I thought there was an issue with my payment method as I used PayPal the first time. Switched to credit card and got the same error/hold status, stating I need to call a 800 number to verify my payment. I've never heard of this practice when ordering items online. This is not a standard practice when ordering items online, it did not sit right with me and made me feel like something was wrong/fishy with the company. Canceled the order and ordered from Chewy.com without any issues.

1-800-PetMeds response
    Thank you for your feedback. We're very sorry for any inconvenience. For your security, for a first-time order, we needed to verify some information from you.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-PetMeds?

Original review: April 1, 2020

DO NOT USE 1800PETMEDS! You may or may not get your pet's meds. The customer service is rude and doesn't care if your pet is suffering while they continue to not ship the meds your pet needs. There is no confirmation of order, no tracking number, nothing. They will take your money fast, and then wait weeks to send the medications your pet needs, if you ever get them. Please don't make the mistake of giving your money to this awful business, YOUR PET WILL PAY THE PRICE!

1-800-PetMeds response
    We're very sorry for your experience. Can you please contact us with your name and Order Number so we can investigate for you? We always provide an email confirmation as well as a tracking number, so I'm not sure what could have happened in this case. Additionally, we do not charge you until your order has shipped. Even with the current situation, we are not experiencing any delays in shipping orders. We would love the chance to look into and resolve it for you. Thank you.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Doesn't show shipping charge till after you check out. They if you cancel order immediately (within seconds), they'll show canceled, but still send order. Run! They have Vaseline out and are waiting for you!

1-800-PetMeds response
    We're very sorry you were disappointed in our service. Please note that we do not ever charge you until your order has shipped. Please note that if you use a debit card, as with any merchant, your bank will place a temporary hold or "pre-authorization" on your available funds. As specified on our website, we offer free shipping on orders over $49, so we are not able to determine shipping charges, if any, until you are ready to check out and we know the total of the order.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

First, this company does not acknowledge orders. Most reputable companies send an email and follow up with shipping info. The label on my product indicates it was filled 11/4 19 yet I just received it today, 11/19/19. Sorry but this is 2019 not 1960. Nearly 3 weeks is just too long for me. I will not order from them again.

1-800-PetMeds response
    Hi Melody and thanks for your feedback. We're very sorry the shipping took so long and we would love to see what happened in this instance. Please let us know your Order Number or Customer Number so we can investigate this for you. Thank you.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I bought my cat some ** transdermal gel which is used to treat hyperthyroidism. When the packaged arrived it was in a box that had an ice pack in it. Which is nice but but confusing because it's not like it's the middle of summer and I've never heard of transdermal gel needing refrigeration. Then the syringe says oral use only. Transdermal gel is not oral medication, transdermal literally means through the skin. I ended up having to call customer service three different times just for them to confirm that it does go on the ear and to disregard where it says oral use only.

At first one of them said I didn't order transdermal gel but then quickly realized that was incorrect. What if I hadn't known about transdermal and gave it to my cat orally? I just think these things should be checked more thoroughly and their customer service reps should be able to see this information. Everyone just kept telling me to call my vet even though I had explained that my question was more about their packaging on their product. My first experience with this company was not a good first impression.

1-800-PetMeds response
    Thanks for your feedback. We're sorry you had a bad experience with us. We contacted the company that prepared the compound medication were assured that they will label the syringes to ensure that customers know not to give it by mouth. This will help ensure other cats remain safer by having clearer and more accurate labeling on the medication. The ice is meant to keep the medication fresher for longer periods of time during transit since the compound pharmacy is located in FL.

~ Abby, PetMeds

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I placed an order online for non-prescription flea medication. A couple of hours later I receive an email that I need to call to verify my information. I use Live Chat to ask what the issue is. I was told it was not a payment issue but I still needed to call in because they needed to verify my information. WHAT?? I have never had to do that when placing an online order with ANY company. I canceled my order and gladly paid a few bucks more to order from Chewy without the hassle. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I will not be returning as a customer.

1-800-PetMeds response
    Hi Cosette, and thank you for your feedback. We're very sorry for any inconvenience, but we take your online security seriously, and for your first order, there was some information we needed to confirm. We regret that this resulted in losing you as a customer. Take care.

1-800-PetMeds Company Information