2. Pets
  3. Pet Care

1800petmeds.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.26/5

1800-PetMeds Reviews

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I had an issue with a prescription for my dog. The error was with the vet, and when I called 1800 pet meds, they took the time to research the issue and then called the vet to straighten out the problem. As a result, the prescription was filled and shipped the same day I called. I was never placed in a queue and spoke to a real person within seconds of my call--no options to choose from, just a direct connection to customer service.

1800-PetMeds response
        Hi Ann. Thank you so much for your kind feedback, and giving us the opportunity to help with your dog's prescription. We really appreciate it!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I always buy from 1800-PetMeds and this one time they forgot to ship an item. I called. They were very helpful without asking they Shipped out the product overnight!! Free of charge! Great company. Highly recommend.

1800-PetMeds response
        Thank you so much for your kind feedback, and for being part of our PetMeds family. We really appreciate it!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Get expert buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I have been using PetMeds for over two years and always experienced them to dependable and also learned they are affordable medication! Our dog is on life long medication and so I appreciate their excellent business practice!

1800-PetMeds response
          Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such nice feedback, and for being part of our PetMeds family. We really appreciate it!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: June 1, 2019

The vet prescribed **. They say, he, "Use this and find where your dog is stable. It may take a few years off her life, yet, you want to make her comfortable." My pitbull was experiencing massive skin issues! In fact, the vet thought it was cancer because it was so bad. My pitbull gained ground on **. Then my pitty named Sady was having breathing issues on ** and I was looking for a more natural healthier alternative.

After researching? I found Yucca Intensive. I changed her over and it is so much better! She has no side effects and it is every bit, if not more effective than **!!!! Yes! She hates the taste! It works! I blend it in Blue Buffalo canned lamb and potato with less ingredients because I feel some of her issues are allergy related. She loves it in that! Because it is mixed in food? I give her a full dropper full twice a day and it is working with no side effects. She is happy, more energetic and is gaining on her skin issues. Seriously?!?! ** was going to kill her and this is saving her life and years. Thank you 1800-PetMeds for this solution! My dog means the world to me!! She has saved my life and I am determined to return the favor.

1800-PetMeds response
          Hi Cathi. Thanks for your feedback; we're so happy to hear the Yucca Intensive helped Sady. Give Sady an extra hug for us!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Doesn't show shipping charge till after you check out. They if you cancel order immediately (within seconds), they'll show canceled, but still send order. Run! They have Vaseline out and are waiting for you!

1800-PetMeds response
          We're very sorry you were disappointed in our service. Please note that we do not ever charge you until your order has shipped. Please note that if you use a debit card, as with any merchant, your bank will place a temporary hold or "pre-authorization" on your available funds. As specified on our website, we offer free shipping on orders over $49, so we are not able to determine shipping charges, if any, until you are ready to check out and we know the total of the order.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1800-PetMeds?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

First, this company does not acknowledge orders. Most reputable companies send an email and follow up with shipping info. The label on my product indicates it was filled 11/4 19 yet I just received it today, 11/19/19. Sorry but this is 2019 not 1960. Nearly 3 weeks is just too long for me. I will not order from them again.

1800-PetMeds response
          Hi Melody and thanks for your feedback. We're very sorry the shipping took so long and we would love to see what happened in this instance. Please let us know your Order Number or Customer Number so we can investigate this for you. Thank you.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I bought my cat some ** transdermal gel which is used to treat hyperthyroidism. When the packaged arrived it was in a box that had an ice pack in it. Which is nice but but confusing because it's not like it's the middle of summer and I've never heard of transdermal gel needing refrigeration. Then the syringe says oral use only. Transdermal gel is not oral medication, transdermal literally means through the skin. I ended up having to call customer service three different times just for them to confirm that it does go on the ear and to disregard where it says oral use only.

At first one of them said I didn't order transdermal gel but then quickly realized that was incorrect. What if I hadn't known about transdermal and gave it to my cat orally? I just think these things should be checked more thoroughly and their customer service reps should be able to see this information. Everyone just kept telling me to call my vet even though I had explained that my question was more about their packaging on their product. My first experience with this company was not a good first impression.

1800-PetMeds response
          Thanks for your feedback. We're sorry you had a bad experience with us. We contacted the company that prepared the compound medication were assured that they will label the syringes to ensure that customers know not to give it by mouth. This will help ensure other cats remain safer by having clearer and more accurate labeling on the medication. The ice is meant to keep the medication fresher for longer periods of time during transit since the compound pharmacy is located in FL.

~ Abby, PetMeds

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I placed an order online for non-prescription flea medication. A couple of hours later I receive an email that I need to call to verify my information. I use Live Chat to ask what the issue is. I was told it was not a payment issue but I still needed to call in because they needed to verify my information. WHAT?? I have never had to do that when placing an online order with ANY company. I canceled my order and gladly paid a few bucks more to order from Chewy without the hassle. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I will not be returning as a customer.

1800-PetMeds response
          Hi Cosette, and thank you for your feedback. We're very sorry for any inconvenience, but we take your online security seriously, and for your first order, there was some information we needed to confirm. We regret that this resulted in losing you as a customer. Take care.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I ordered two pet beds from their site two weeks ago. I’ve been calling for the last five days to see where order is. They keep telling me it’s shipping today and we will send you a tracking number. They never ship it or send tracking number. The customer service reps are rude and could care less. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Incompetent staff and poor service. Their website says 3-5 day shipping. It’s been 14 days and they can’t give me any answers. Stay away from this company.

1800-PetMeds response
          Hi Tami. I am very sorry for the delay. As we mentioned yesterday, the beds have already shipped. These particular beds are custom made at the time of order, which is the reason for the delay. I'm very sorry you were not given this information at the time, and we especially regret that you did not receive excellent customer service when you tried to follow up on this.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: July 26, 2019

I made overnight order. It never came the next day. It never came the next day. I called. The woman took the extra 19.99 fee I paid for overnight. She said I would receive it today. I did not. I called. It had not even shipped out!!! I was confirmed by email four days ago. Then by a person yesterday that for sure I would receive the item today. After two confirmations, a total fail! I do not trust anything this company says or puts out. How can you? The customer service person kept acting like I should know they were in FL & it was a time thing. I don’t believe they had the product to ship out & were stalling making excuses. This is a very bad quality in a company. Do not trust!

I ended up getting the product for much less from Chewy. It was only flea product I needed. I would never trust what they said otherwise. Sorry but if you don’t tell the truth & aren’t accurate, how am I supposed to trust your product? And Chewy is next day without paying the 19.99. This company makes you think they are giving you a deal, there was no deal!! I would have paid 30.00 more than at Chewy even though the way they put it it looked like way less. They do a switcher on you when you put in info on product. Nope not trusting this company again to even fill a water bowl.

1800-PetMeds response
          Hi Jennifer and thank you for your feedback. We're very sorry your order did not ship when expected - most orders do ship the same day. In this case, since this was a first-time order, for your security it was necessary for us to confirm some information from you and we were unable to ship the order until we heard back from you.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Not sure about 1800-PetMeds?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right dog food for you.

1800-PetMeds Company Information