2.28/5

1800petmeds.com

104 1800-PetMeds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Our vet wanted to charge me $300 for an antibiotic for our dog on top of the $178.00 vet bill for a UTI. I am on limited income and I called them and was able to place the order with them. My vet approved the script next day and they are even waving the overnight fee for me. The price was also reduced by 90%!!!! Thank you 1800-PetMeds. You will always receive my business.

1800-PetMeds response
Hi Lorraine. We're so glad we could help you save while keeping your adorable dog happy and healthy. Thank you for being part of our PetMeds family!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I recently had to put my 3 cats on monthly meds and it was pretty expensive getting it from my vet. I decided to give 1800-PetMeds a try. They make the call to the vet - all you do is place the order. The communication is excellent, my prescription was ok’d by my vet and the medication was at my door within a few days at half the price. I am very happy and will recommend them.

1800-PetMeds response
Thank you so much for your kind review and recommendation; we really appreciate it!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Get expert buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I ordered ** from PetMeds after my dogs would not eat the generic heartworm medicine I'd gotten from PetMeds last time. They wrote and said I needed a prescription from my vet; when I wrote back and said there should still be enough on the last prescription, and if not, to spread the order out among my other 2 dogs, they did! In less than an hour. I hated the idea of going back to my vet, or losing the discount for 12-per-box and getting the 6-per-box instead so they could spread the prescription out. They gave me the 12-per-box price and didn't have to. I was having a bummer of a day and this really helped. So far I have found them very good.

1800-PetMeds response
Hi Kirsten. Thanks so much for your nice feedback, and for giving us the opportunity to help. We really appreciate it!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: July 3, 2018

Had to give 1800-PetMeds a shout out; they always come through with a great attitude and helping hand. Each and every customer service associate is attentive, asks about my dog (by name), and seems genuinely happy to be doing their job, which is rare with most companies you have to reach out to nowadays. I honestly won't go anywhere else for my dog's arthritis meds; the price is great and the experience the employees provide can't be beat.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 1, 2019

I would give negative stars if possible. I placed an order over the phone for both of my dogs. The woman was friendly and I explained I went to VetCo for their checkup and vaccines. Vets are very expensive and VetCo was a huge savings. However, they are more like a traveling clinic - not an office. I took their receipt, which was all I got, and the prescription is part of that receipt and placed an order with 1800-PetMeds. I need to board my dogs for my daughter's wedding and I need this receipt. I asked if I could send in a copy. After 10 mins on hold and conferring with the pharmacist she said "yes". They took my card card info, gave me a confirmation number and placed my order.

3 WEEKS LATER I received nothing!!! I called them back and they told me they are NOT placing my order unless I give them the original receipt. I explained that I can't, that I need it because it's all I have! I also told them that when I originally called they said it would be ok to send in what I had. Now it's 3 WEEKS since their heartworm test and I still have no meds for them. I should have been told immediately over the phone that my order was not going to be placed so I could go elsewhere. Instead, they led me to believe it was all ok, took my card card info and left me waiting with an email confirmation number that my order was being placed. This is unacceptable and poor business!! I will never use this company again and will warn against it.

1800-PetMeds response
Hi Kathleen. I'm very sorry for your experience. Pharmacy regulations require that, from the consumer, we must have the original prescription. If you send a copy, our pharmacy team will make every attempt have your veterinarian confirm and authorize via phone or fax. If you provide me with your Order Number, I would be happy to look into what happened in this case. You can reach me via email. Thank you.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1800-PetMeds?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 27, 2019

I just adopted a dog and the Shelter sent me a coupon for 20% discount for Frontline meds. After I was in the 1800-PetMeds' site the coupon was worthless because they were giving me a 30% discount and because of that the smaller discount was denied. After I bought the product I decided to check the same exact med. on the Petsmart site, it was about $4.00 dollars cheaper and with no discount. I went back to the 1800-Petmeds receipt and I realized that they had inflated the price by 30% to then give me a bogus discount of 30%. It is obviously an intentional Scam to lure customers to the site with a coupon that will be denied for another "better" coupon that works but doesn't save you a cent because in the end you're paying more than Petsmart.

1800-PetMeds response
Thanks for your feedback. We're very sorry for any confusion but we cannot combine coupons; our policy is to apply the best coupon which in this case is the 30% off. Our Shelter program has been updated to a 30% discount; however, if you order through the shelter's affiliate link, the shelter will receive $20.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: April 20, 2019

I have a huge problem with this company's email advertising and I won't order again because they make you feel guilted in spending your money by stating "Don't wait until (my dog's name) can't walk" and I'm directed to buy a certain product when my dog doesn't have that problem. Every month I get tons of emails stating it is time to buy flea products with an increased price, a bogus coupon to which you think you're saving but you're not, and a shame me into buying a product because of what may or may not happen down the line. I contacted the agency and all I heard was, "We will looking our advertising," and I got no response re: the coupons.

1800-PetMeds response
Hi Lynne, and thank you for your feedback, which I have forwarded on your behalf. We try to send emails for products we think might be most helpful for your pet based upon a number of factors such as geographical location, pet breed, age of your pet, etc. I'd be happy to unsubscribe you from our email list if you'll let me know your email address. Thank you.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: March 25, 2019

They raised their medication prices RIGHT before their “first ever 30% off sale”, so you’re actually getting a 20-22% discount. I purchased from them before with a 25% off discount. When I went to purchase the exact same meds (and same amount) my total with a HIGHER yielding discount was more. Why? Originally they had the price of the meds marked at $57.67. Right before their phony “amazing sale” they raised the price of the meds to $67.11. Their current 30% off everything sale isn’t honest at all. It’s just a weird marketing scam, so the company can dishonestly earn a couple more bucks off their customers. Incredibly shady.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I wish I would have read these reviews before I ordered through 1800-PetMeds. I received several emails and phone call advising me they did not get approval from my vet yet. I called my vet and they said they approved medication on 3/9 and it is now the 3/12. I called 1800-PetMeds, spoke to two different people, who said no approval from the vet. Someone is not telling the truth.

1800-PetMeds response
Thanks for your feedback, Doris. We're very sorry for any confusion. Please let me know your Customer or Order Number so I can check into the status of your order and resolve this for you. Thank you.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: March 7, 2019

This will be very concise and direct. This company inflates prices then has sales that simply bring the price to market value as compared to other retailers. Luckily, I've been able to identify this scam before ever having to experience some of the other issues I've read about. Just save your time and money and use Amazon or a local Pet Supply Retailer.

1800-PetMeds response

Thank you for your feedback. Some vendors prefer to show the manufacturer's suggested retail price so you can see how much discount you are receiving. Please keep in mind that while our price is the same as the other vendor, when you purchase through us you also receive our unconditional product guarantee, access to our team of veterinary pharmacists, and a wealth of pet health resources.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I GOT A DAMN CALL AND SAID my order was being held up... again. I called and was told that you had the first fax via a phone call on Friday afternoon and that the order would go out on Monday. I had the vet office fax it in for the second time on Friday before I phoned. They said they had confirmation that it was sent. So pissed off when I found out you had not sent the order as you said. Now you are closed for the time I am addressing this issue again. It is over one week since I placed the order.

I call this lying or incompetence. Sorry will not work this time. The only way to solve this problem is to overnight the order to me. No excuses, no sorrys, just show me the action of a package in the mail. So, you have a chance to fix your mistake... What will you do?? Action is what I expect... in the form of the overnight product. All I want to hear from you is: that you are sending the package on Wednesday with the name of the carrier and the tracking number. Just so you know, I am posting with ConsumerAffairs and others.

1800-PetMeds response
David, I'm very sorry for any issues with your order and I would be glad to help. Please let me know your Order Number or Customer Number so I can investigate and get back to you. You can reach me directly via email. Thank you.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I have heard a lot about PetMeds and figured they were a legit company. Boy was I wrong. I placed an order for flea control for my dog. So far so good. The next day I received a confirmation that my order was okayed. The very next day I received another email informing me that my Vet refused to authorize the order and they had instructions what to do next (I kept a copy of PetMeds confirmation email). Unknowing to me PetMeds had already taken out the money from my account the instant I ordered it (without confirmation from my vet). Ok, I called my vet to find out why they did not authorize it. They told me that they did not do business with PetMeds because they had caused many problems with other vets including having to fight for their license.

I then asked my vet what I should do about the money they had already taken out of my account. My vet said that they should not have done that without authorization and to call PetMeds to get this straightened out. I called PetMeds to get this straight. I told them to cancel my order and to put my money back immediately. They told me that it could take up to 48 hours to return my money. That's when I finally snapped. They took my money immediately as I placed the order and they could D*m* well put it back immediately.

I finally got ahold of a supervisor and he told me (in an offending way) that that was their Policy. WOW, I heard that loud and clear. I Immediately called my attorney (yes, some of us do actually have their own Attorneys) and he advised that I wait for the 48 hours and see if they did actually return the money to my account (he doubted they would. He said to call them back as soon as the 48 hours ended.) He then said, "It will my turn then". If anyone actually reads this my advice would be to RUN not walk but RUN from this company as quick as you can. They are not concerned about you and you and the problems they cause due to them putting a hold on your funds much less the welfare of your pet. Their only concern is their bottom line and nothing else.

1800-PetMeds response

We're very sorry for your experience. So we can investigate, please let me know your Order No.

We never charge your account until your order has actually shipped. If you use a debit card, your bank will place a hold on your funds. Once the order is canceled, your bank will release the hold. The time this takes varies, depending upon your bank. We'd be happy to have a 3-way call w/your bank to see if they'll release the hold sooner.

Resolution response: March 23, 2019

Purchase price was refunded and I was told to discard the pills.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I recently ordered a prescription for Vetmedin for my dog. My vet prescribes a quantity of 50 because that's how the manufacturer packages it. My local Pharmacy was out of stock, so I turned to 1800-PetMeds. It arrived today and I was more than a little surprised to see that the bottle was not in the box it normally comes in. Not a problem, just unexpected. When I opened the bottle, though, I noticed that the seal was broken - the perforated ring was already detached from the bottom of the cap.

While I'm confident that there is nothing wrong with these pills, this is disturbing, particularly since the manufacturer packages it in exactly the quantity I need, so there's no reason for the Pharmacy to open it. Maybe the open containers are sent to customers who use a coupon? Maybe the manufacturer is known to occasionally overfill by a tablet or to so 1800-PetMeds collects the 'extras' to fill other quantities, as needed? Or maybe I was shorted? (I should probably count the pills.) This is my first experience with 1800-PetMeds. I was hopeful that I had found a source for my dog's meds that is more convenient than my local Pharmacy. After this experience, I'm not sure 1800-PetMeds fits the bill. Hopefully, when it comes time to refill this Rx, it will be back in stock at my local Pharmacy.

1800-PetMeds response
Hi Mike, and thank you for your feedback. So that we can investigate, please let us know your Order Number or Customer Number. Thank you!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Update:

Mike, I referred your concerns to our pharmacy team. They have checked the inventory for this product, and all have the ring seal attached. Please look for an email directly from me for further information and instructions. Thank you. ~ Abby

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I placed an order for a year worth of Revolution and Credillio. They charged my credit card $353.35. Then decided they didn't want to give me a year's worth. They charged my credit card another $262.00, for 6 months worth of meds, without my permission, and then called me to get permission. I told them to cancel the order and not charge me, because I did not know they had already charged me twice. They told me that my credit card was being denied. It turned out that I was now over the credit limit on my card and the credit card company froze my account. The woman put me on hold and then told me she had talked to the pharmacist and the pharmacist would make it so I could get all the year's worth of meds that they sold me in the first place. I was transferred to Mario and Mario couldn't get my card to go through either.

I called the credit card company and found out about the extra $262.00 that put me over the limit and locked my card. They unlocked my card and I disputed the $262.00 charge. I called 1800-PetMeds, TALKED TO Antwanette. I told her not to charge my card, to remove the $262.00 charge. She said she would have to talk with a specialist and they would fix the problem. Several hours later I checked and they had removed the $353.35 charge that was on there to pay for my pets meds. I called the credit card company and ask what happened. They told me that 1800-PetMeds had removed that charge. Had still charged me the $262.00 dollars for the 6 months supply that I did not order. And 1800-PetMeds had charged my card $353.35 dollars another 8 times, for a total of $2,826.80. I had to dispute all of these charges. I was upset.

I called 1800-PetMeds, they were closed. I left a nasty message telling them to cancel my order, remove the charges, and remove me from their system. The following day, I noticed there was a charge on my credit card for $353.35. I called the credit card company and found that 1800-PetMeds had charged my card the $353.35, 4 more times for another total of $1,413.40. I was very upset. I called 1800-PetMeds, explaining everything, canceled my order again and told them I never wanted to do business with them again. They removed the latest charge of $353.35 and I thought it was over. The next day I missed a call from 1800-PetMeds (no message) and I missed a second call from one of their administrators who had finally listened to my detailed message. She offered me a $75.00 discount and free next day air if I would allow her to fix the problems and keep me as a customer.

I talked to my wife. Money is tight (which is why we went with this company in the beginning). We decided we could use the discount so I was to call her that day and talk to her about it. However, I returned their first call first. The number went straight to Mario. He thanked me for calling back and told me there was a problem with my card, it was being denied, but he was going to help by refreshing, cleaning everything up and then run my card again. I said, "The Hell you will." I explained the problems I had with his company, told him to cancel my order (now for the third time) and I wanted my card removed from their system. He said he would. I checked my banking and found that 1800-PetMeds had charged my card again, for $353.35. I was not happy. I returned the other call from them (different number for an woman named Amy) and talked to another woman. I asked to be transferred and she couldn't do that. She wanted to help me.

I asked for a supervisor and got one. The supervisor tried to help me, but couldn't and finally transferred me to Amy. I explained everything to Amy and told her I wanted to be removed from their system as though I had never ordered. I wanted to be purged from their system. She told me she did that. And I would not be charged again. I told her I wanted the latest charge removed, and they needed to fix all the other charges they made (some were denied, some were pending). She said she did that. I told her I was tempted to take her offer and then found that they messed it up again. I told her I wouldn't accept anything from them if it were free, because I did not feel they could be trusted to give my pets the correct meds if they couldn't run a register properly. I then had to call my credit card company and dispute that charge.

I now, just checked my bank again and found that 1800-PetMeds put another charge through to my credit card for $353.35!!! How is this possible if I have been purged from their system??? Now I have to call the credit card company and dispute this charge (pain in my **) and call 1800-PetMeds tomorrow morning. in total, I have directed 1800-PetMeds to cancel my order and remove me from their system 5 times. Tomorrow will be the 6th. And they have charged me a total of $4,855.55 for a $353.35 order.

I pay all my bills and my groceries, etc. with this card. They are tying up my money and causing me financial trouble! They are causing me to not be able to pay bills on time!!!! And, after I have gone through all of these people, supervisors and administrators as well; I have to believe it is either deliberate or everyone at that company are inept morons!!! My advice to anyone who reads this is, "Run from this company as fast and far as you can!!!" Do not do business with them if you value your hard earned money!!!

1800-PetMeds response
Hi William. I'm very sorry for your experience. So that we can look into what happened in this case, can you please provide your Order Number or Customer Number? Thank you.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Placed order on 11/26. Vet approved. Got notification from PM that they hadn't. Called vet to ask them to call PetMeds. Shipped 11/29. As of 12/10/18 not received. Website said 3-5 days. I have emailed twice from two different emails with order number. No response. Get emails selling more product. Received email asking how my dog is feeling. LOL. Cust svc. blames holiday mail. Amazon gets me my things in 2 days via USPS during the holiday season. Meds being overnighted after I called. Waiting to see... Will probably not reorder. Will try another service.

1800-PetMeds response
Hi Carole. We're very sorry you never received your original order which was shipped on 11/29 via priority mail. After you contacted us yesterday, a replacement order was shipped to you by FedEx for next day delivery. I just checked the tracking on your replacement order which shows the shipment is scheduled to be delivered today. I'm sorry that you did not receive a response to your earlier email inquiries on the status of your order, and we will certainly look into this.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I recently TRIED to place an order for a number of prescription medications. Received multiple emails from 1-800-PET-MEDS stating my order was on hold as my vet had not faxed them back. After confirming with my vet that they had faxed in the prescription twice previously, I asked them to please try again. Third time was the charm. Or so I thought. Then I started receiving emails from 1-800-PET-MEDS that there was a problem with my credit card. Funny thing is, my credit card company, when called, confirmed that multiple (more than one) temporary authorizations had been placed on my card by 1-800-PET-MEDS and all within an hour's time.

Contacted 1-800-PET-MEDS and they offered to talk to my credit card company on my behalf if I would give them my information. No thank you. Cancelled order with 1-800-PET-MEDS and immediately turned around and placed the order for meds elsewhere. The alternate supplier had no trouble whatsoever with my credit card company. Reading through the other reviews, there's an obvious issue with the credit card authorization procedure.

1800-PetMeds response
Thank you for your feedback. We're very sorry for your experience. Can you please let me know your Order Number or Customer Number so we can look into this for you?

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Placed an order for Revolution in September that was delayed due to Rx needed to be mailed in. Called in to follow up since a hold had been placed on my funds for the order already. Someone called me to tell me the Rx for was a different size and they changed the order to coincide with the Rx weight and would ship it that day. Another hold for this new amount was placed on my account and still no order - after they called me!

I call back in and speak with a nice young lady who was great; she released the order to ship and all was OK. NOT, this then put a 3rd hold on my CC for the same order. Called back in and this person tells me they need my bankcard number to cancel the holds - wait... what... in 2018 you want my bank card # - yeah NOT doing that either. Asked him to speak with his supervisor and he puts a Steve ** on the phone and his calm demeanor and kind words reassured me my order would arrive via FedEx the next day and I would not be charged again!

I did not receive the order the next day and my account didn't show it was delivered. E-mailed customer service to find that out and basically them telling me it was delivered and they weren't going to cancel the order - despite the fact that I still don't have it and the last name of the person that signed for it doesn't live at my house! Called in again, got Sarah who was on the defensive as soon as I gave her my order # and when I asked to speak to a supervisor that was over her supervisor there were none and any other managers were all in a meeting. I'm done at this point and simply want my money back and will never utilize this service again and I suggest anyone else considering it - try someplace else! It is my hope my funds are refunded and the hold for a shipment that never went out for the same order will drop off immediately.

1800-PetMeds response
I'm very sorry for your experience, Celeste. Please let us know your Customer Number or Order Number so we can identify your account and investigate what occurred. Thank you.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Thanks for getting back to me. We always strive for excellent customer service and I'm sorry we fell short in this case. A full refund was issued yesterday. Please allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be posted. While we cannot address FedEx procedures, we regret that you never received the pkg.

Original review: July 27, 2018

1800-PetMeds stole $98 and claimed it was a pre authorization but it was a full charge. They claimed they needed my CC information again to call my bank - since they do not see the charge. I do not feel comfortable giving out my card information to a company who has already fraudulently used it. I am now fighting the charge on my end. Do not use this company. Horrible customer service and do not have good business/accounting practices in place.

1800-PetMeds response

Hi Brynne. Can you please provide your Order Number so we can look into this for you?

Please note we never charge you until your order has actually shipped. If you use a debit card, your bank will place temporary hold (pre-authorization) when you place your order. We would be happy to have a 3-way conference call with you and your bank to help resolve this for you.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: May 30, 2018

I placed an order for pain medication for my dog through 1-800-PetMeds on the 13th of May. My vet affirmed the order the same day and payment was authorized on 5/17. 5/23 called to find out where medication is... have to send ot out... so much for 7-10 days... They stated that they will upgrade to overnight for free when they fill the prescription. Noting... see a text from my bank on 5/30 that the charge has been shown up on my account... still no product... Never again... Will call to dispute charges and find someplace else...

1800-PetMeds response
Thank you for your feedback Jim. We're very sorry for the delay, but we are unable to ship a prescription medication until we receive the authorization from your vet. We don't charge you until your order has shipped. You are seeing the charge on your card now because we have received your vet's authorization and the order has shipped.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: May 21, 2018

I placed an order for pain medication for my dog through 1-800-PetMeds on the 9th of May. I received an email that I would need to provide a paper copy of the prescription from my Vet or my Vet could fax over a copy of the prescription. I mailed a paper copy of the prescription on the 11th of May. I contacted PetMeds by phone on the 18th and I was told that they will upgrade to overnight for free when they fill the prescription. That should've been my first clue that something is wrong with this company. I didn't even ask for the upgrade.

Next contact was by email. Again they offered to upgrade shipping for free, I didn't ask for that again. I sent an email to them about how disappointed I was in their service and they canceled my order. It's pretty clear my experience and prior reviews that if you mail in a prescription you have a 80% chance it's not going to get filled. Something is very wrong with how this company processes their incoming mail. I will never refer anyone to this company. The one star is fair because their customer service agents are kind and helpful.

1800-PetMeds response
Thanks for your feedback. We're very sorry the prescription approval process was not faster for you. In most cases, if the vet authorizes by phone or fax, we ship the same or next day. While we can accept an authorization from your vet via phone or fax, pharmacy guidelines require that from the consumer, we must obtain the original prescription. We're sorry for any inconvenience; we offered free overnight delivery to help get the order to you faster.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: May 17, 2018

We live on a farm and it's necessary to have flea protection for our cats, especially since one is a barn cat that goes in and out as he pleases. Customer service is outstanding and our products arrive quickly. We receive coupons via email and that is super helpful with multiple cats. All three of them can be protected during flea season and we don't have too much pressure on the wallet. Excellent company. Worth buying at.

1800-PetMeds response
Hi Veronica. Thank you for your feedback and for being part of our PetMeds family!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: April 22, 2018

This is the first time I have ever ordered my dog's prescriptions online. I am out of town for a while and needed the medicine and my vet said they would call into any of the online pharmacies and it could get delivered to me. Well I placed the order and they contacted the vet. The vet took a few days and this company sent me a notice that the vet had not responded yet. I called the vet and they verified that they had received the request and would do it that day. My order was filled and I received it in 2 business days. I would not hesitate to go back and use them again!

1800-PetMeds response
Hi James, and thank you so much for your kind feedback and the opportunity to assist you and your dog. We really appreciate it!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: April 13, 2018

I recently ordered heartworm medication for my dog from 1800-PetMeds. One day after placing the order, I received an email that my previous vet had not authorized the prescription. I called a customer service representative with 1800-PetMeds, notified them that I had changed vets, and asked if they could contact my new vet for authorization. The representative was extremely friendly, fast and efficient. She removed the charge for priority shipping due to the mix-up, even though it was my error. It is refreshing to interact with a company that prioritizes customer interaction and satisfaction!

1800-PetMeds response
Hi Katherine and thank you so much for your kind feedback, and for allowing us to assist you!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: March 26, 2018

I purchased a generic medicine for my dog instead of the name brand. 1800PetMeds reached out to me proactively to see how the medicine was. I responded to the survey saying that my pup didn't like it so I wouldn't be ordering it again. As a result of the survey, they sent me an email offering to replace with the name brand. All I had to pay was the difference in price between the two medicines. I will continue to use 1800PetMeds for all of my pup's needs!

1800-PetMeds response
Thanks so much for your feedback Christine. We're glad we could help your dog get the medication in a form she likes better!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: March 11, 2018

Petmeds has won me over for a customer. I let myself get too low on medicine before ordering and my prescription was new. I called Petmeds late in the day (they verified my prescript and shipped my order that day - 2 days later it was in my mailbox). The day after ordering I realized I hadn't ordered the correct quantity of pills. I called to see if my ordered had been filled yet, it had, but Petmeds shipped me the extra pills and gave me the same discounts I had received on my original order. Petmeds customer service is the best around. Polite, friendly, and eager to make a happy customer. I was cautious about ordering online and had done my research to try and make sure the medicines I was getting were real. Petmeds filled all of these needed requirements. My total experience with Petmeds was excellent.

1800-PetMeds response
Hi Judy. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such kind feedback, and for allowing us the opportunity to help. We really appreciate it!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: March 9, 2018

These people, located in Del Ray Florida say state law does not allow faxed or phone called scripts from the doctor. The other two vendors from Florida do both. When you send your script in the mail it takes them 2 weeks to process it. I cancelled my order, called another vendor and the new order arrived three days before PetMeds even got my order. Oh and they charged me for it even though I had cancelled the order a whole week before.

1800-PetMeds response
Marie, we're sorry for any confusion. We accept a prescription authorizations from licensed veterinarians by phone or by fax; however, pharmacy guidelines require that *from the consumer* we must have the original prescription. Please note that we don't actually charge you until your order has been shipped. As with any transaction, if you use a debit card, your bank will automatically place a pre-authorization/hold against your funds for the pending order.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: March 4, 2018

This used to be a good place to get dog medications, but NOT anymore. Too much conflicting info. I placed an order and there's no record of it...first they say there is no order, then it was cancelled like I requested, but I was charged TWICE. I was told there were no more refills, then someone else said I had one left. They also charge separately for items in the same order! You pay extra for overnight or priority and they send first class? Previously, I mailed them a script...they couldn't find it, claim they didn't get it, etc. I have PROOF that they did. After 18 years of doing business with them, I'm DONE! Tired of the aggravation. I'm also reporting them for FRAUD on my credit card because I was charged. AVOID THEM AT ALL COST, not sure what is wrong with these people, but something is!!!

1800-PetMeds response
I'm very sorry for your experience. Please note that we don't charge you until your order actually ships, so there was no charge for the canceled/duplicate order. Your order was shipped by FedEx overnight; since your order was placed on a Sunday, the order was shipped Monday morning for delivery on Tuesday. We're sorry for any confusion.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

5X flea treatment - This is my third time ordering this flea tick mite treatment for my dog. I order usually in 3-month boxes. This time I ordered 6 months. The more you order the better the price. The quality of this treatment is excellent it. Before when I was using all the other name brands I was at constant battle with mites and fleas. I HAVE NEVER HAD ANOTHER PROBLEM since using this. It is the generic form to Frontline and is exactly the same and way cheaper. I will not get my dog treatment anywhere else other than 1800-PetMeds. It is fast delivery and the packaging is always secure in a sturdy box and she even gets a Milk-Bone with her package which is so sweet. She enjoys seeing her box come. Thank you 1800-PetMeds. Talk to you soon for another order.

1800-PetMeds response
Thank you so much for your kind feedback and for being part of our PetMeds family. We really appreciate it!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I ordered this prescription item for my elderly dog and much to my distress my beloved Sandy died shortly after the order was made. Not my first order with them. I always use them for the best price and free shipping. Never had to use customer service before and knowing this was a prescribed medication I thought it would be hard to return. They were so thoughtful and considerate that they brought me to tears. The gentleman at customer service told me, not to worry about the medication and gave me a full refund and told me to donate the meds to my local animal shelter. THEY HAVE A CUSTOMER FOR LIFE, not just the refund and the condolences but they also followed up with a e-mail. Great customer service.

1800-PetMeds response
Mitchell, we're so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Sandy. Thanks for taking the time to leave such kind feedback, and for being part of our PetMeds family. Take care.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I made a purchase of a 3 month supply of their "generic" cat flea treatment for cats, and it cost a total of $32.61. Purchase options to pay included various debit/credit cards, along with "PayPal" & "PayPal Credit" as well. I chose to pay by "PayPal Credit". I have excellent credit, and have made many purchases by using "PayPal Credit". I was sent an email within a few minutes after my purchase asking me to call their customer service number. I called them and they informed me that the purchase was denied. They said they needed the security number on the back of my card. Well... "PayPal Credit" does not have a card (for online purchases). I have used "PayPal Credit" for a few years now and NEVER had an issue.

I tried to explain to "Gary" in customer service with 1-800-PetMeds, that "PayPal Credit" doesn't have a card (therefore no security code). He asked for my address, which I told him. He also asked for the address I was sending my purchase to, and I gave him my married grown daughter's address. He still said he couldn't allow my purchase. I finally hung up! I have used this way of paying for merchandise for years, and sending my merchandise I purchased to family members with NO PROBLEM at all.

I tried to tell them in several emails to customer service, and even provided a copy of the email from "PayPal Credit" accepting my purchase to 1-800-PetMeds. One of my many emails to them, I did let them know that I would make a complaint about this and no longer use them (which I have used them for years). They did send a $5.00 coupon to go toward a future purchase, which definitely will NOT happen!!! I have to hand it to them, they didn't give up making sure to make me feel like a criminal or a person with financial issues.

To make a long story short, I went online this morning and ended up finding another competitor to 1-800-PetMeds, and actually bought the "name brand" product with free shipping for a total of $22.40 (a whole $10 savings). I am not happy with 1-800-PetMeds, and will not use or refer anyone I know to purchase from them. On the other hand, I also believe that sometimes things happen for a reason, and this one definitely turned out to be MUCH better since I saved $10 and will receive the "name brand" instead of "generic" I was going to receive for $10 more from 1-800-PetMeds.

Please learn from my experience and shop around before making a purchase from 1-800-PetMeds. I have attached my receipt from 1-800-PetMeds, and my receipt showing my purchase was accepted from "PayPal Credit". I also sent 1-800-PetMeds a final email letting them know that I ended up finding another competitor, plus saved money and free shipping with no problems whatsoever with my purchase. The only thing 1-800-PetMeds offered me was a $5.00 coupon to "come back"... lol what a joke! BYE FELICIA!!!

1800-PetMeds response
Hi Peggy. We made a mistake processing your order, and we're very sorry. We didn't realize this was a PayPal order. We have since reviewed our PayPal processing procedures with our customer care team so this will not happen again. We value you as a customer and do hope you'll give us another chance.

1800-PetMeds Company Information