2.32/5
Based on 90 reviews that contain star ratings

1800petmeds.com

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

95 1800-PetMeds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I placed an order for a year worth of Revolution and Credillio. They charged my credit card $353.35. Then decided they didn't want to give me a year's worth. They charged my credit card another $262.00, for 6 months worth of meds, without my permission, and then called me to get permission. I told them to cancel the order and not charge me, because I did not know they had already charged me twice. They told me that my credit card was being denied. It turned out that I was now over the credit limit on my card and the credit card company froze my account. The woman put me on hold and then told me she had talked to the pharmacist and the pharmacist would make it so I could get all the year's worth of meds that they sold me in the first place. I was transferred to Mario and Mario couldn't get my card to go through either.

I called the credit card company and found out about the extra $262.00 that put me over the limit and locked my card. They unlocked my card and I disputed the $262.00 charge. I called 1800-PetMeds, TALKED TO Antwanette. I told her not to charge my card, to remove the $262.00 charge. She said she would have to talk with a specialist and they would fix the problem. Several hours later I checked and they had removed the $353.35 charge that was on there to pay for my pets meds. I called the credit card company and ask what happened. They told me that 1800-PetMeds had removed that charge. Had still charged me the $262.00 dollars for the 6 months supply that I did not order. And 1800-PetMeds had charged my card $353.35 dollars another 8 times, for a total of $2,826.80. I had to dispute all of these charges. I was upset.

I called 1800-PetMeds, they were closed. I left a nasty message telling them to cancel my order, remove the charges, and remove me from their system. The following day, I noticed there was a charge on my credit card for $353.35. I called the credit card company and found that 1800-PetMeds had charged my card the $353.35, 4 more times for another total of $1,413.40. I was very upset. I called 1800-PetMeds, explaining everything, canceled my order again and told them I never wanted to do business with them again. They removed the latest charge of $353.35 and I thought it was over. The next day I missed a call from 1800-PetMeds (no message) and I missed a second call from one of their administrators who had finally listened to my detailed message. She offered me a $75.00 discount and free next day air if I would allow her to fix the problems and keep me as a customer.

I talked to my wife. Money is tight (which is why we went with this company in the beginning). We decided we could use the discount so I was to call her that day and talk to her about it. However, I returned their first call first. The number went straight to Mario. He thanked me for calling back and told me there was a problem with my card, it was being denied, but he was going to help by refreshing, cleaning everything up and then run my card again. I said, "The Hell you will." I explained the problems I had with his company, told him to cancel my order (now for the third time) and I wanted my card removed from their system. He said he would. I checked my banking and found that 1800-PetMeds had charged my card again, for $353.35. I was not happy. I returned the other call from them (different number for an woman named Amy) and talked to another woman. I asked to be transferred and she couldn't do that. She wanted to help me.

I asked for a supervisor and got one. The supervisor tried to help me, but couldn't and finally transferred me to Amy. I explained everything to Amy and told her I wanted to be removed from their system as though I had never ordered. I wanted to be purged from their system. She told me she did that. And I would not be charged again. I told her I wanted the latest charge removed, and they needed to fix all the other charges they made (some were denied, some were pending). She said she did that. I told her I was tempted to take her offer and then found that they messed it up again. I told her I wouldn't accept anything from them if it were free, because I did not feel they could be trusted to give my pets the correct meds if they couldn't run a register properly. I then had to call my credit card company and dispute that charge.

I now, just checked my bank again and found that 1800-PetMeds put another charge through to my credit card for $353.35!!! How is this possible if I have been purged from their system??? Now I have to call the credit card company and dispute this charge (pain in my **) and call 1800-PetMeds tomorrow morning. in total, I have directed 1800-PetMeds to cancel my order and remove me from their system 5 times. Tomorrow will be the 6th. And they have charged me a total of $4,855.55 for a $353.35 order.

I pay all my bills and my groceries, etc. with this card. They are tying up my money and causing me financial trouble! They are causing me to not be able to pay bills on time!!!! And, after I have gone through all of these people, supervisors and administrators as well; I have to believe it is either deliberate or everyone at that company are inept morons!!! My advice to anyone who reads this is, "Run from this company as fast and far as you can!!!" Do not do business with them if you value your hard earned money!!!

1800-PetMeds response
Hi William. I'm very sorry for your experience. So that we can look into what happened in this case, can you please provide your Order Number or Customer Number? Thank you.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Our vet wanted to charge me $300 for an antibiotic for our dog on top of the $178.00 vet bill for a UTI. I am on limited income and I called them and was able to place the order with them. My vet approved the script next day and they are even waving the overnight fee for me. The price was also reduced by 90%!!!! Thank you 1800-PetMeds. You will always receive my business.

1800-PetMeds response
Hi Lorraine. We're so glad we could help you save while keeping your adorable dog happy and healthy. Thank you for being part of our PetMeds family!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Get expert buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Placed order on 11/26. Vet approved. Got notification from PM that they hadn't. Called vet to ask them to call PetMeds. Shipped 11/29. As of 12/10/18 not received. Website said 3-5 days. I have emailed twice from two different emails with order number. No response. Get emails selling more product. Received email asking how my dog is feeling. LOL. Cust svc. blames holiday mail. Amazon gets me my things in 2 days via USPS during the holiday season. Meds being overnighted after I called. Waiting to see... Will probably not reorder. Will try another service.

1800-PetMeds response
Hi Carole. We're very sorry you never received your original order which was shipped on 11/29 via priority mail. After you contacted us yesterday, a replacement order was shipped to you by FedEx for next day delivery. I just checked the tracking on your replacement order which shows the shipment is scheduled to be delivered today. I'm sorry that you did not receive a response to your earlier email inquiries on the status of your order, and we will certainly look into this.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I recently TRIED to place an order for a number of prescription medications. Received multiple emails from 1-800-PET-MEDS stating my order was on hold as my vet had not faxed them back. After confirming with my vet that they had faxed in the prescription twice previously, I asked them to please try again. Third time was the charm. Or so I thought. Then I started receiving emails from 1-800-PET-MEDS that there was a problem with my credit card. Funny thing is, my credit card company, when called, confirmed that multiple (more than one) temporary authorizations had been placed on my card by 1-800-PET-MEDS and all within an hour's time.

Contacted 1-800-PET-MEDS and they offered to talk to my credit card company on my behalf if I would give them my information. No thank you. Cancelled order with 1-800-PET-MEDS and immediately turned around and placed the order for meds elsewhere. The alternate supplier had no trouble whatsoever with my credit card company. Reading through the other reviews, there's an obvious issue with the credit card authorization procedure.

1800-PetMeds response
Thank you for your feedback. We're very sorry for your experience. Can you please let me know your Order Number or Customer Number so we can look into this for you?

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Placed an order for Revolution in September that was delayed due to Rx needed to be mailed in. Called in to follow up since a hold had been placed on my funds for the order already. Someone called me to tell me the Rx for was a different size and they changed the order to coincide with the Rx weight and would ship it that day. Another hold for this new amount was placed on my account and still no order - after they called me!

I call back in and speak with a nice young lady who was great; she released the order to ship and all was OK. NOT, this then put a 3rd hold on my CC for the same order. Called back in and this person tells me they need my bankcard number to cancel the holds - wait... what... in 2018 you want my bank card # - yeah NOT doing that either. Asked him to speak with his supervisor and he puts a Steve ** on the phone and his calm demeanor and kind words reassured me my order would arrive via FedEx the next day and I would not be charged again!

I did not receive the order the next day and my account didn't show it was delivered. E-mailed customer service to find that out and basically them telling me it was delivered and they weren't going to cancel the order - despite the fact that I still don't have it and the last name of the person that signed for it doesn't live at my house! Called in again, got Sarah who was on the defensive as soon as I gave her my order # and when I asked to speak to a supervisor that was over her supervisor there were none and any other managers were all in a meeting. I'm done at this point and simply want my money back and will never utilize this service again and I suggest anyone else considering it - try someplace else! It is my hope my funds are refunded and the hold for a shipment that never went out for the same order will drop off immediately.

1800-PetMeds response
I'm very sorry for your experience, Celeste. Please let us know your Customer Number or Order Number so we can identify your account and investigate what occurred. Thank you.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Thanks for getting back to me. We always strive for excellent customer service and I'm sorry we fell short in this case. A full refund was issued yesterday. Please allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be posted. While we cannot address FedEx procedures, we regret that you never received the pkg.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1800-PetMeds?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I recently had to put my 3 cats on monthly meds and it was pretty expensive getting it from my vet. I decided to give 1800-PetMeds a try. They make the call to the vet - all you do is place the order. The communication is excellent, my prescription was ok’d by my vet and the medication was at my door within a few days at half the price. I am very happy and will recommend them.

1800-PetMeds response
Thank you so much for your kind review and recommendation; we really appreciate it!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I ordered ** from PetMeds after my dogs would not eat the generic heartworm medicine I'd gotten from PetMeds last time. They wrote and said I needed a prescription from my vet; when I wrote back and said there should still be enough on the last prescription, and if not, to spread the order out among my other 2 dogs, they did! In less than an hour. I hated the idea of going back to my vet, or losing the discount for 12-per-box and getting the 6-per-box instead so they could spread the prescription out. They gave me the 12-per-box price and didn't have to. I was having a bummer of a day and this really helped. So far I have found them very good.

1800-PetMeds response
Hi Kirsten. Thanks so much for your nice feedback, and for giving us the opportunity to help. We really appreciate it!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: July 27, 2018

1800-PetMeds stole $98 and claimed it was a pre authorization but it was a full charge. They claimed they needed my CC information again to call my bank - since they do not see the charge. I do not feel comfortable giving out my card information to a company who has already fraudulently used it. I am now fighting the charge on my end. Do not use this company. Horrible customer service and do not have good business/accounting practices in place.

1800-PetMeds response

Hi Brynne. Can you please provide your Order Number so we can look into this for you?

Please note we never charge you until your order has actually shipped. If you use a debit card, your bank will place temporary hold (pre-authorization) when you place your order. We would be happy to have a 3-way conference call with you and your bank to help resolve this for you.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: July 3, 2018

Had to give 1800-PetMeds a shout out; they always come through with a great attitude and helping hand. Each and every customer service associate is attentive, asks about my dog (by name), and seems genuinely happy to be doing their job, which is rare with most companies you have to reach out to nowadays. I honestly won't go anywhere else for my dog's arthritis meds; the price is great and the experience the employees provide can't be beat.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I placed an order for pain medication for my dog through 1-800-PetMeds on the 13th of May. My vet affirmed the order the same day and payment was authorized on 5/17. 5/23 called to find out where medication is... have to send ot out... so much for 7-10 days... They stated that they will upgrade to overnight for free when they fill the prescription. Noting... see a text from my bank on 5/30 that the charge has been shown up on my account... still no product... Never again... Will call to dispute charges and find someplace else...

1800-PetMeds response
Thank you for your feedback Jim. We're very sorry for the delay, but we are unable to ship a prescription medication until we receive the authorization from your vet. We don't charge you until your order has shipped. You are seeing the charge on your card now because we have received your vet's authorization and the order has shipped.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: May 21, 2018

I placed an order for pain medication for my dog through 1-800-PetMeds on the 9th of May. I received an email that I would need to provide a paper copy of the prescription from my Vet or my Vet could fax over a copy of the prescription. I mailed a paper copy of the prescription on the 11th of May. I contacted PetMeds by phone on the 18th and I was told that they will upgrade to overnight for free when they fill the prescription. That should've been my first clue that something is wrong with this company. I didn't even ask for the upgrade.

Next contact was by email. Again they offered to upgrade shipping for free, I didn't ask for that again. I sent an email to them about how disappointed I was in their service and they canceled my order. It's pretty clear my experience and prior reviews that if you mail in a prescription you have a 80% chance it's not going to get filled. Something is very wrong with how this company processes their incoming mail. I will never refer anyone to this company. The one star is fair because their customer service agents are kind and helpful.

1800-PetMeds response
Thanks for your feedback. We're very sorry the prescription approval process was not faster for you. In most cases, if the vet authorizes by phone or fax, we ship the same or next day. While we can accept an authorization from your vet via phone or fax, pharmacy guidelines require that from the consumer, we must obtain the original prescription. We're sorry for any inconvenience; we offered free overnight delivery to help get the order to you faster.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: May 17, 2018

We live on a farm and it's necessary to have flea protection for our cats, especially since one is a barn cat that goes in and out as he pleases. Customer service is outstanding and our products arrive quickly. We receive coupons via email and that is super helpful with multiple cats. All three of them can be protected during flea season and we don't have too much pressure on the wallet. Excellent company. Worth buying at.

1800-PetMeds response
Hi Veronica. Thank you for your feedback and for being part of our PetMeds family!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: April 22, 2018

This is the first time I have ever ordered my dog's prescriptions online. I am out of town for a while and needed the medicine and my vet said they would call into any of the online pharmacies and it could get delivered to me. Well I placed the order and they contacted the vet. The vet took a few days and this company sent me a notice that the vet had not responded yet. I called the vet and they verified that they had received the request and would do it that day. My order was filled and I received it in 2 business days. I would not hesitate to go back and use them again!

1800-PetMeds response
Hi James, and thank you so much for your kind feedback and the opportunity to assist you and your dog. We really appreciate it!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: April 13, 2018

I recently ordered heartworm medication for my dog from 1800-PetMeds. One day after placing the order, I received an email that my previous vet had not authorized the prescription. I called a customer service representative with 1800-PetMeds, notified them that I had changed vets, and asked if they could contact my new vet for authorization. The representative was extremely friendly, fast and efficient. She removed the charge for priority shipping due to the mix-up, even though it was my error. It is refreshing to interact with a company that prioritizes customer interaction and satisfaction!

1800-PetMeds response
Hi Katherine and thank you so much for your kind feedback, and for allowing us to assist you!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: March 26, 2018

I purchased a generic medicine for my dog instead of the name brand. 1800PetMeds reached out to me proactively to see how the medicine was. I responded to the survey saying that my pup didn't like it so I wouldn't be ordering it again. As a result of the survey, they sent me an email offering to replace with the name brand. All I had to pay was the difference in price between the two medicines. I will continue to use 1800PetMeds for all of my pup's needs!

1800-PetMeds response
Thanks so much for your feedback Christine. We're glad we could help your dog get the medication in a form she likes better!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: March 11, 2018

Petmeds has won me over for a customer. I let myself get too low on medicine before ordering and my prescription was new. I called Petmeds late in the day (they verified my prescript and shipped my order that day - 2 days later it was in my mailbox). The day after ordering I realized I hadn't ordered the correct quantity of pills. I called to see if my ordered had been filled yet, it had, but Petmeds shipped me the extra pills and gave me the same discounts I had received on my original order. Petmeds customer service is the best around. Polite, friendly, and eager to make a happy customer. I was cautious about ordering online and had done my research to try and make sure the medicines I was getting were real. Petmeds filled all of these needed requirements. My total experience with Petmeds was excellent.

1800-PetMeds response
Hi Judy. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such kind feedback, and for allowing us the opportunity to help. We really appreciate it!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: March 9, 2018

These people, located in Del Ray Florida say state law does not allow faxed or phone called scripts from the doctor. The other two vendors from Florida do both. When you send your script in the mail it takes them 2 weeks to process it. I cancelled my order, called another vendor and the new order arrived three days before PetMeds even got my order. Oh and they charged me for it even though I had cancelled the order a whole week before.

1800-PetMeds response
Marie, we're sorry for any confusion. We accept a prescription authorizations from licensed veterinarians by phone or by fax; however, pharmacy guidelines require that *from the consumer* we must have the original prescription. Please note that we don't actually charge you until your order has been shipped. As with any transaction, if you use a debit card, your bank will automatically place a pre-authorization/hold against your funds for the pending order.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: March 4, 2018

This used to be a good place to get dog medications, but NOT anymore. Too much conflicting info. I placed an order and there's no record of it...first they say there is no order, then it was cancelled like I requested, but I was charged TWICE. I was told there were no more refills, then someone else said I had one left. They also charge separately for items in the same order! You pay extra for overnight or priority and they send first class? Previously, I mailed them a script...they couldn't find it, claim they didn't get it, etc. I have PROOF that they did. After 18 years of doing business with them, I'm DONE! Tired of the aggravation. I'm also reporting them for FRAUD on my credit card because I was charged. AVOID THEM AT ALL COST, not sure what is wrong with these people, but something is!!!

1800-PetMeds response
I'm very sorry for your experience. Please note that we don't charge you until your order actually ships, so there was no charge for the canceled/duplicate order. Your order was shipped by FedEx overnight; since your order was placed on a Sunday, the order was shipped Monday morning for delivery on Tuesday. We're sorry for any confusion.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

5X flea treatment - This is my third time ordering this flea tick mite treatment for my dog. I order usually in 3-month boxes. This time I ordered 6 months. The more you order the better the price. The quality of this treatment is excellent it. Before when I was using all the other name brands I was at constant battle with mites and fleas. I HAVE NEVER HAD ANOTHER PROBLEM since using this. It is the generic form to Frontline and is exactly the same and way cheaper. I will not get my dog treatment anywhere else other than 1800-PetMeds. It is fast delivery and the packaging is always secure in a sturdy box and she even gets a Milk-Bone with her package which is so sweet. She enjoys seeing her box come. Thank you 1800-PetMeds. Talk to you soon for another order.

1800-PetMeds response
Thank you so much for your kind feedback and for being part of our PetMeds family. We really appreciate it!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I ordered this prescription item for my elderly dog and much to my distress my beloved Sandy died shortly after the order was made. Not my first order with them. I always use them for the best price and free shipping. Never had to use customer service before and knowing this was a prescribed medication I thought it would be hard to return. They were so thoughtful and considerate that they brought me to tears. The gentleman at customer service told me, not to worry about the medication and gave me a full refund and told me to donate the meds to my local animal shelter. THEY HAVE A CUSTOMER FOR LIFE, not just the refund and the condolences but they also followed up with a e-mail. Great customer service.

1800-PetMeds response
Mitchell, we're so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Sandy. Thanks for taking the time to leave such kind feedback, and for being part of our PetMeds family. Take care.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I made a purchase of a 3 month supply of their "generic" cat flea treatment for cats, and it cost a total of $32.61. Purchase options to pay included various debit/credit cards, along with "PayPal" & "PayPal Credit" as well. I chose to pay by "PayPal Credit". I have excellent credit, and have made many purchases by using "PayPal Credit". I was sent an email within a few minutes after my purchase asking me to call their customer service number. I called them and they informed me that the purchase was denied. They said they needed the security number on the back of my card. Well... "PayPal Credit" does not have a card (for online purchases). I have used "PayPal Credit" for a few years now and NEVER had an issue.

I tried to explain to "Gary" in customer service with 1-800-PetMeds, that "PayPal Credit" doesn't have a card (therefore no security code). He asked for my address, which I told him. He also asked for the address I was sending my purchase to, and I gave him my married grown daughter's address. He still said he couldn't allow my purchase. I finally hung up! I have used this way of paying for merchandise for years, and sending my merchandise I purchased to family members with NO PROBLEM at all.

I tried to tell them in several emails to customer service, and even provided a copy of the email from "PayPal Credit" accepting my purchase to 1-800-PetMeds. One of my many emails to them, I did let them know that I would make a complaint about this and no longer use them (which I have used them for years). They did send a $5.00 coupon to go toward a future purchase, which definitely will NOT happen!!! I have to hand it to them, they didn't give up making sure to make me feel like a criminal or a person with financial issues.

To make a long story short, I went online this morning and ended up finding another competitor to 1-800-PetMeds, and actually bought the "name brand" product with free shipping for a total of $22.40 (a whole $10 savings). I am not happy with 1-800-PetMeds, and will not use or refer anyone I know to purchase from them. On the other hand, I also believe that sometimes things happen for a reason, and this one definitely turned out to be MUCH better since I saved $10 and will receive the "name brand" instead of "generic" I was going to receive for $10 more from 1-800-PetMeds.

Please learn from my experience and shop around before making a purchase from 1-800-PetMeds. I have attached my receipt from 1-800-PetMeds, and my receipt showing my purchase was accepted from "PayPal Credit". I also sent 1-800-PetMeds a final email letting them know that I ended up finding another competitor, plus saved money and free shipping with no problems whatsoever with my purchase. The only thing 1-800-PetMeds offered me was a $5.00 coupon to "come back"... lol what a joke! BYE FELICIA!!!

1800-PetMeds response
Hi Peggy. We made a mistake processing your order, and we're very sorry. We didn't realize this was a PayPal order. We have since reviewed our PayPal processing procedures with our customer care team so this will not happen again. We value you as a customer and do hope you'll give us another chance.

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I purchased flea medicine for my cat. I may have gotten it at a fairly decent price but I am very unimpressed with how slow shipping is. I have no plans on ever using this company for any of my pet medication needs again. I will just go with the new vet I found recently for everything. Sorry 1800-PETMEDS. I only give a company ONE shot to impress me and you blew it.

1800-PetMeds response
Mary, we're very sorry the shipping was slow. Can you please provide your Order Number so we may investigate what happened in this case? (The number you provided is your USPS tracking number). Thank you!

~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I have ordered from there for years and never had an issue. I ended up not needing a product and needed to order something different. I contacted their support, It was super fast, got a refund and got the new order taken care of by the agent who was super friendly and efficient. They are not requesting me to send back the products that I am not needed, asking instead that I'd give them to a shelter. Amazing culture and support. Thank you.

1800-PetMeds response

Hi Clelia and thanks so much for taking the time to leave feedback. We really appreciate it! ~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I called to make an order with a discount code that they sent because I am a loyal client for 6 years. The person taking the call charged me at full price and also charged me with the discount (by the way the wrong discount but that is another story). I called to dispute and they left me on hold for over 30 minutes, then started arguing with me like it was my fault and at the end, they did nothing for me. I had to call my bank directly, spend another 45 minutes on hold and they finally helped me. 1-800-PetMeds did not even call to follow up so PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND FIND ANOTHER COMPANY THAT PROVIDES THE SAME SERVICES.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I placed an order with 1800-PetMeds and received an order confirmation email stating I would receive another email when the order was shipped. After waiting 1 week and the payment taken out of my account I emailed the company as to why my order hadn't been shipped and the company responded with a request for my CVV # again over the phone. After refusing to give them this information the representative said they were cancelling my order. I immediately contacted my banking company and they confirmed the money had been received by 1800-PetMeds so they opened up an investigation.

I was instructed to forward the order confirmation email to 1800-PetMeds and they responded with a generic response. I also sent an email requesting a refund and informing them an investigation has been processed. I am not surprised that again I received an email that the money has not been removed from my account. As stated above I have a statement from the bank this money was removed and again I was instructed by the bank there is absolutely no reason to need my CVV # again and especially over the phone. I think I have been scammed and so glad I didn't give them the opportunity to take more than $70 from me! Hopefully something comes out of this investigation and this scam is stopped!

Original review: July 10, 2017

1800-PetMeds Makes Me Mad. I became a customer in June of 2017 with my first order placed. I used the debit/credit card I always use in placing the order. I have lived at my current address for over 7 years. I received an email the next day to "call as there is a problem with your order." I called. They asked me to "verify the address on the credit card" and to "verify the CCV code on my card." I did so with a call.

Two weeks later I ordered the same medication (Purina FortiFlora) for my dog; same card, same way. I got that email again the next day saying "there was a problem with my order..." I called the next day (annoyed) and they (she) "was/were very sorry" and it would be straightened out right away. She opined that "maybe it flagged me because I had moved recently?" Nope.

10 days later I called them because my order still hadn't showed up. The operator I reached when I was connected said "oh, I see there is a problem" and would I "verify the billing address on the card and the CCV please?" Arrrggghh! I tried to stay calm and explain that I had just called and that the last operator said it was handled; though obviously not. This operator said she would handle it and did promise to send my order next day for no additional fees. That part is great; however what's up with this verification and verification again stuff? There's some kind of bug in their system and it was exacerbated by the operator before the last one; not following through with what she had promised.This is their last chance with me. If that medication isn't in my hands before Wednesday evening July 12th; that's the last time I'll go through the hassle of this company.

Original review: June 30, 2017

I'm a new dog owner and decided to use 1-800-PetMeds for monthly flea/tick and heartworm meds. First off, I tried to order one med for one weight and the other for another weight. A popup appeared to confirm, which I appreciated but I ordered the way I did since I had a free sample from vet on one med and have a fast growing breed. Well, that stopped me from being able to place order. After emailing company about problem they said to call. I called and was informed that these were prescriptions (when did life get so difficult???) so rep told me about a generic available with exact same ingredients, ok great so I place the order.

I go online 3 days later to check status of order to find out one product was shipped and the other product was on hold and said I had to contact the vet. DON’T YOU THINK AN EMAIL OR SOMETHING TELLING TO CONTACT THE VET WOULD BE NICE??? Anyway, I cancelled that product and will spend the extra money and buy it from the local vet. I always leave reviews pointing out positives, positives/negatives, and negatives, I can count on one hand how many of my reviews have been totally negative with nothing positive to say but this is one of those times. I researched all online pet sites and only felt comfortable ordering from 1-800-PetMeds. Well, if this the best that is being offered they can keep it. For those reading this I would recommend buying local ESPECIALLY if you’re ordering meds that might mean the well-being of your loved one. Sorry to ramble on, but some of these shouldn't even be in business as far as I'm concerned.

Original review: June 10, 2017

Don't order from 1800-PetMeds! Honestly, my overall experience with 1800-PetMeds was fine. The prescriptions came in on time. I went to order flea meds again and my vet told me that they no longer fill with 1800-PetMeds because some of their medications aren't the real medicine, they're meds off the black market and have been making pets sick. Also, since they can't guarantee the authenticity of the medications or that the meds are from licensed veterinarians, they don't come with a guarantee. So if your pet got sick they won't do anything about it like provide treatment. I definitely won't order from them again. Since my vet no longer approves prescriptions from 1800-PetMeds they've agreed to price match. I really hope people stop ordering from them because why chance your pet getting sick? Hopefully officials will look into 1800-PetMeds and get exposed proof.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I have been ordering from 1800-PetMeds for about two years now. I have never had any problems with them faxing information to my vet for prescriptions - I have however had trouble getting my vet to fax back the RX in a timely manner, this always seems to be an issue. The last time I ordered my vet was taking forever to fax back the RX and my dog needs his heartworm by a certain time of the month. The vet kept telling me they would fax back the RX every time I called them and still hadn't. I spoke on the live chat with someone from 1800-PetMeds and he upgraded me to 2-Day shipping at no extra charge so that my dog would get his heartworm medication on time, even though it was no fault of theirs, and my veterinarian was the one giving me a hard time faxing the information back.

I appreciate that this website cares more about my dogs than my vet seems to! I thank them very much for assuring he gets his medication on time to stay healthy, and I will always shop through this site. Plus, it is much cheaper than my vet for the same medication especially with their frequent promotional codes and deals. Thank you 1800-PetMeds! For those of you on this site saying that they are not faxing the information to your vet, I would be sure it isn't your vet that is the problem and not this site - I have had three different veterinarians that I have had to get RX's from to order off of this site and all three of them gave me a hard time with faxing the information back.

Original review: May 26, 2017

This multi-million company needs to monitor their Customer Service reps' conversation with clients. I experienced rudeness and demeaning conversation from a lady working on 05/26 around 6:24 AM PST. I was contacted because my expedited order was not shipped 2 days ago. According to the Pharmacy, my Vet didn't approved the inconsistent weight of my dog (long story). With this, I totally understand as I am a healthcare professional too (and I don't have to tell that to your CS).

Your CS feels like she is smarter and still insist on repeating the information and conversation up to the point that she emphasized all the words she's saying and the difference between expedited and standard shipping. English is my 4th language, I am fluent with accent but absolutely not stupid. I've been ordering with 1800-PetMeds for few months now, orders are delivered so slow. This is the last straw. I will look for another pet pharmacy. Please don't support companies like this. They grow big and doesn't take care of their Consumers!

1800-PetMeds Company Information