1800-PetMeds

1800petmeds.com

Compare Pet Care Companies

Research top Pet Care Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Although my 15 lb. Tibetan Spaniel has been receiving her monthly dose of Heartgard Plus chewables, she still got hookworm which Heartgard Plus is supposed to prevent. My veterinarian mentioned that incorrect storage temperature can render medication ineffective and that 1-800-PetMeds does not deal directly with the pharmaceutical companies, that "middlemen" involvement lead to improper drug storage and ineffective medications. I submitted my veterinary bills totaling close to $200 for fecal exam, vet visit and treatment medication to 1-800-PetMeds and have received nothing. I will never trust this company again in the treatment of my pets.

This is verbatim the reply from 1800PetMeds to my FIFTH email to them simply requesting confirmation whether a corrected order was being sent or not?! "Thank you for your email, Guy. We hope this email finds you doing well today. We are very sorry that you had to follow up with us. The product that was shipped was Sentinel 6pack 2-10lbs for Marley. We greatly appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to be your trusted pharmacy for all of your furry friend's medications. Please feel free to contact us if you require further assistance with your account." Wouldn't be annoying if this wasn't the FIFTH time I asked if a corrected order was being sent. The reply is NOT addressing my only question! I'm returning the inaccurate order and filing a PayPal dispute to force a refund!

I received a hard copy prescription from my vet, which I mailed to 1800petmeds' pharmacy. I saw my order status change from waiting for prescription to pending customer approval. I emailed to ask what I needed to do to approve the order. They said they don't accept faxed prescriptions. I don't own a fax machine. I haven't sent a fax in years. I told them that if they have a prescription, then it is the one I mailed since I never faxed anything. They say they have a prescription, but claim I faxed it. It's been the most asinine argument I have ever had in my life. I will never use them again.

I attempted to place an online order with 1800-PetMeds and my credit card was declined with a notice to contact the issuer of the card, which I did. I was told by my bank that there was plenty of available credit on the credit card and the problem was not on my end. I then called 1800-PetMeds to place the order and again my credit card was declined, with no explanation. I moved on and placed my order with Petshed, using the same card, and the meds are on the way.

I ordered malaseb shampoo, was 44.98, was charged twice. I was with petmeds for over 2 yrs. I contacted petmeds, was told they would credit my account back and that I would have to get my pets medication locally from now on. So I am currently with pet360.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1800-PetMeds?

I had originally ordered Advantage for cats from www.canadavet.com. After about 2 months and no response from customer service as to where my product was, I gave up and tried 1800-PetMeds. I was trying to save myself an expensive vet bill and get the products at about 1/2 the cost. I gave up waiting on both and made the vet appointment and ironically received my order from 1800-PetMeds the same day. I brought the Advantage to the vet, and he believed that it was an authentic product and not a counterfeit. The order only took about 3 weeks to receive (and considering it went through customs, that's pretty reasonable). I still haven't received my order from CanadaVet.com. In the end, I still saved money as I didn't have to purchase more Advantage from the vet, and my cat got a check up and complimentary nail trim.

I just called to ZOETIS. It's the manufacturer for the **. The ** is very common heart worms and flea preventative medication prescribed by veterinarians for dogs and cats. The representative from ZOETIS told me that they sell the ** to veterinarians only!! And they do not sell the ** to any websites and 1800 petmeds particularly!!! People run away from this site and other like this one. Go to your vet. hospital but first call to manufacturer and ask if they supply meds to your vet. hospital and ask stuff at your vet. hospital where they take your meds from.

I mailed my dog's prescription to 1-800-PetMeds on 07/25/16 and received an email confirmation the product shipped 07/29/16. However my estimated delivery date is 08/09/16. That's totally ridiculous. I should have sucked it up and paid the few extra dollars at the veterinary office.

I ordered the flea and tick frontline for our cat. It always work. But ordering these past few times has been really unacceptable. PetMeds says delivery is fast. BS. It takes almost 2 weeks for us to get our frontline. WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS COMPANY? They have gone downhill. I use to get our frontline in a couple days not weeks. Your customer service sucks now.

1800-PetMeds Has Again Failed When it Comes to Customer Support. We attempted to purchase OnLine with 1800-PetMeds, apparently their website deducted our credit card twice (Double Charged). We phoned the toll free number immediately and our experience with the PetMeds employee was a negative, with no ensured feeling that our payment was Voided. We soon called back to ensure that our credit card payment was cancelled. We escalated the secondary call to a manager whom named herself *Kim*. Her tone was inflammatory, rude, non-engaging and overall unacceptable. We do not plan on patronizing 1800-PetMeds again!

Updated on 04/06/2016: Today is Day #4 as--1800 PetMeds Has charged our credit card 3 separate charges. We have asked for a Credit Memo Multiply as we did not approve the (3) independent credit card charges. Today is Wed April-6-2016, and we still have not received a credit memo from PetMeds. PetMeds has only offered us $5.00 Discount on a future purchase to attempt to make us happy. As they decline to remove the false charges from our card. PetMeds has Not submitted an Order Number.

I have purchased dental hygiene products in the past for my three dogs and one cat. I get discount coupons via email that never work. Yesterday I tried to use the stack5 coupon again that was recently sent to me and it didn't work (again). Instead of just submitting my order I reviewed the coupon and saw that it had no expiration date, only said expires soon. To me it appeared they were hooking me in and then changing the deal, willing to risk that I would submit the order. Angrily I went to Amazon and found all the products there for less money (even with the Pet Meds discount). In one case of dog shampoo it was $1 less for twice the amount! Bye-bye forever Pet Meds.

I don't even know where to begin, but long story short, this company received my money from the get go. They butchered my address and my email address, and after 10 days of no medication, I call to find out what's going on. I was then told my vet has to approve this prescription and that I had to get that info from my vet myself and mail it THEN they could proceed with the order. Never had a clue I had to do anything myself. Was never told that. Also never got an email for confirmation of my order or an email about any issues.

They claimed they sent one but to an incorrect email address. Funny part is the fact I started getting promotional emails the day I made the purchase. I sent an email to Customer Service explaining every little detail, and all they would offer was free shipping... Free shipping? A $4 rebate offer? What a joke. I immediately asked for a full refund and to cancel my order. This company is completely careless about customers. I've never felt so under appreciated and transparent from a company. There was no regard for trying to keep my business. I was of no value to them. Do yourself a favor. Do not use this company.

With certain med, we need them shipped right away. Pet in pain while waiting for long time to get med!!!

1800 Petmeds must love animals. They went above and beyond for my pet when I ran out of meds. Love this company! Thanks 1800 petmeds.

I have used 1-800-PetMeds for many years now, and I have rarely been disappointed. Shipping is always fast, and the prices cannot be beat. And believe me, I look for the best prices. I am always getting coupons for modest reductions in price, too. They work with my vet so there is little work on my end. On the rare occasions when there has been a problem with my order, I have always been contacted promptly and compensated for inconvenience. I recommend 1-800-PetMeds all the time to people who want the convenience of mail-order and the cost-effectiveness of this system.

Being able to purchase pills for my incontinent pup has been a life-saver for my carpet, blankets, and sanity. My only problem is the shipping takes way too long. Every time I order the pills two-three weeks early, they still don't arrive until I'm all out and washing all my blankets again. It's rather frustrating and I really wish they had a faster shipping method that didn't cost an arm and a leg. I am already spending about $50 a month just to keep my dog continent and I will be purchasing these pills for the next 10 years (at least). So yes, a faster shipping method would be a life-saver.

I have been dealing with 1800-PetMeds for a number of years now. I don't know why someone would complain that a certain product that didn't work and act like it was 1800-PetMeds' fault or complain about shipping. Things just happen. Besides why wait until you only have few days left? Think ahead. I have never had an issue with getting the flea pills I needed for my 3 lovely fuzzy friends. Even when they were not able to get a hold of my vet they didn't want me to go without, they had their vet approve the order as they have had it approved many times before from my own vet. How awesome is that? It only took them about a week to deliver the order and I live in Canada. You save so much money with this company, how can anyone complain about it?

I placed an order online with my credit card, I was then sent an email asking for my cvv and address. This is 2015, this should all be asked for through the secure ordering system, unless your system is unsecured. There is no way I am sending those details via email. I have cancelled my order.

I ordered flee and tick medication for my Yorkie. After I received my confirmation and payment was extracted from my PayPal account, I received another email that they could not fill the order because I needed to get my dog checked for heartworm and give proof to PetMeds that that was done. I did that and sent a copy of the vets invoice that the heartworm test was complete and there was no indication of heartworm. I received an email from PetMeds that they received everything they need and will be sending the medication and that they would reduce my order by $10 for the inconvenience. Over 3 weeks has gone by with no medication and no indication that they are sending anything or refunding me for not getting any medication.

I am retired and on a fixed income so I decided to try to save some money by using 1800-PetMeds. I got a prescription from my vet for my 20-year old cat. I was easily able to use the PetMeds online order system to order the medicine. I even paid $19.99 for overnight shipping as that was required for this refrigerated medication. I was a bit confused when it asked if I was mailing the prescription. I was not, so I answered no. I then finished and paid for the order. I called to find out what they meant by "mail the prescription." I was told they could not send out any medications unless verified by the vet. My vet has a policy of not verifying anything over the phone or fax. I then took the prescription to the post office and paid for priority mailing.

This was on Wednesday. It is now the following Tuesday and I just called Petmeds to see where my meds were. I was told they just got the prescription on Monday and since it is a compound medication it will take a while to process. I asked how long and could not get an answer. I am unable to understand why a competent pharmacist cannot give a timeframe for a medication. I guess they have no competent pharmacists.

While on the phone with customer service, I could hear other customer service reps apologizing to customers. This tells me this is a regular occurrence. I should have checked reviews on this company first. I have cancelled the order and am copying this message to everyone on my mailing list so they are not taken by this company. Please do not trust your beloved pets to this "less expensive" online service. I guess you get what you pay for! Lesson learned!

I purchased three months of flea treatment (Advantage II) for five dogs and four cats. It's my first time purchasing this product from Petmeds and from Petmeds at all. This product did not work for a single one of my animals. They have never stopped scratching and the house is full of fleas now. I had to give my dogs flea baths to hold them over until I can get some Advantage from the vet. Then I will see what to do with the rest of the Advantage products I purchased from Petmeds.

Every vet I've seen in town has warned me about Petmeds and their tendency to substitute the real thing with other substances but I really thought Petmeds was better than that. But it's the first time in ten years that I have ever had trouble with the product and resulting major flea household infestation after using the product. As I sit here typing, I have fleas crawling all over me. The animals are miserable. They also had the order all mixed up and caused problems with the bank. This is not an honorable company! What a waste of my money - esp. for someone who is barely getting by and struggling to keep my animals and home happy!

I called PetMeds to order a prescription on Monday morning. I told the woman my dog had enough pills for 3 days and was told I would receive the meds within 1 day of shipment since I lived close to their warehouse. I was also told I would receive an email when they shipped. I never did receive the email. I called them back on Thurs to see what happened to my order since I don't have any meds left and my dog needs her med. I was told they were going out that day via next day delivery.

I didn't receive them so I called again on Friday and was told they are in the process of shipping but wouldn't receive them until Monday. This woman said she would make a special order to ship out overnight for Saturday delivery. It is Sat evening and no meds. I called PetMeds again & was told there was no special order. My order was still showing Monday delivery. I am so disappointed. Makes no difference how discounting cost if you can't depend on the delivery. Of all the online sites I buy from, this is the worst!!!

It's taking them 2 entire weeks to ship my dog's meds from Florida to California. If they'd been upfront and told me about it I wouldn't have ordered from them. Will never order again from these lazy people. It's definitely worth it to pay more for meds from the vet than wait for these people to get their ** in order.

I sent my cat's insulin prescription priority mail on a Monday. I tracked the package and it was shown as delivered by Wednesday morning. I called later to verify it was received, they claimed they didn't have it. I told them I have proof it was delivered, and after several minutes of being hold they found it. I called later to make sure it was going to be shipped Wednesday night for Thursday delivery. Of course they couldn't confirm that. I called back Thursday morning, they again said they didn't receive the prescription, and again was put on hold. I demanded to be refunded the $19.99 shipping, which they did. However, I never received an email stating the insulin has shipped.

I called this morning, Friday, and the same run around as the previous two days, with a promise it would be going out today. Several hours later I call back as I haven't received a shipping email and there isn't a tracking number on my order. This woman tells me there is no way to know if it'll ship today or not, and she can't check until 3 pm ET if it went out?!!! Not having my cat on his insulin for FULL WEEK is detrimental to his health. This place sucks and this is my last time dealing with them. I still don't know when I'll be receiving my insulin, today or possibly in two days, on Sunday!

I've been using this site for 2 years. I always shop around, but this site always has the best prices. And they add further discounts for repeat customers. Completely satisfied. Thanks for providing the products I need and saving me money!!!!

First time ordering from 1800-PetMeds, I get a confirmation email and paid for priority shipping since everything takes longer to get to Hawaii. I wait and check the mail daily... 6 days later still nothing. The original confirmation email stated that I would receive shipping confirmation and tracking which I never did. So I emailed them to inquire and they claim that they need to confirm my CCV and billing address and they also will not ship to anywhere but the billing address. It's 2015. I have not had issues with shipping to a different address since 2006. The worst part is they never bothered to update me, I had to email them to find out what was going on. Complete waste of time and horrible service. Meanwhile my dog is without her medication.

Purchased a bottle of Zymox Otic for my dog's ear infection, as recommended by the vet. The last bottle I used worked well and was purchased directly from the vet. This time, I figured I would save money by purchasing the same product from 1800-Petmeds. What a mistake! It did not work at all and actually made my dog scratch his ears more. I have read that this company has been cited for selling fake products from Mexico and this is obviously true in this case. When I contacted customer service, I received the following canned response:

"We hope this e-mail finds you and your furry pals doing well today. We are very sorry that you had to contact us. We were advising you to contact your vet to find out what other product can be used since that is the only over the counter ear infection medication and we cannot recommend anything else since they are prescription. Please feel free to contact us if you require further assistance with your account. We look forward to helping you and your furry pals again. Please give them a big hug for us."

This is totally unacceptable and I will never do business with this company again.

1st of all, on Tuesday, I asked for expedited shipping via 2nd day FedEx. Was told it would arrive on Friday. Called on Saturday and was told that it would not arrive until Monday. 2nd of all, I placed the order on the previous Saturday. The prescription had 2 refills on it. On Monday, they let me know that they were "waiting for confirmation" from my vet. Why did they have to wait, when he already okayed refills? This ate up valuable shipping time. They refunded my extra shipping charges, but how does that help my pet?

I am furious because this medication should not be stopped... it can cause dangerous withdrawal symptoms (it is an anticonvulsant that is being used for long term pain relief). Now my dog may have a bad reaction AND she may experience more pain while she readjusts to the medication. I am really angry and sad for my dog.

I order Seresto for my 6 dogs on 3/23/15 using my AE card. After three days I email them asking “where is my order”, they claim that they need to verify my address and the cc code for all new customers. After 5 days I email them again and their answer is the same. Today after one week I email them again and now they said I need to call them to verify my information before my shipment can be made. Why did they not call me or email me on the day I place my order that I need to confirm my cc information? I immediately call them and provide all information and up to now, I still don't know when my order will be ship. If they don't ship it by 3/31 which is 9 days after I place my order I will cancel my order and never order anything from them forever. I send them a total of 5 emails before they tell me I need to contact them.

Ordered my dog's medication and was told would have in 3-6 days. After 7 days I phoned them and they stated they had been shipped and I had to contact UPS and/or the post office. I did both and no one claimed responsibility. They both stated the other had it. Basically it was lost. Contacted Pet Meds and they said they would immediately send out new meds via overnight FedEx. Next day no meds. Called every day for three days and each day the same thing "we are sending overnight via FedEx." I became so angry. I never did receive the meds. Used a local pharmacy, cost a lot more but at least my dog got her medication.

1800-PetMeds Company Profile