Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Pets
  3. Dog Food

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.23/5

Rachael Ray Nutrish Reviews

Original review: July 1, 2019

I have been feeding Rachael Ray Nutrish dog food to my American Eskimo dog Bear for over 5 years now. I also fed it to my other American Eskimo Teddy, before he died of old age a couple of years ago. I have had zero problems with this dog food. No health issues at all. As a matter of fact, about 3 weeks ago my wife decided to buy some Kibbles and Bits for Bear because he eats the Rachael Ray Nutrish pretty slowly and she wanted him to have something different. Within days he was throwing up and had bad diarrhea. We stopped the Kibbles and Bits & put him back on Rachael Ray Nutrish & he is back to normal.

I am reading that there are supposedly dogs on Rachael Ray Nutrish that have developed heart disease. 10 dogs to be exact. While I am sorry to hear that, I have to ask you how many thousands of dogs, like mine are eating it every day (mine for over 5 years) with ZERO issues. I believe it is a good, healthy alternative for your dog. Bear is 12 years old, is in great health and runs around the house like a maniac sometimes! He doesn't gobble down the food, but is very healthy & not overweight at all. He gobbled down the kibbles and bits and it made him sick. We give him treats every day and sometimes people food too, but mostly Rachael Ray Nutrish dry dog food. I highly recommend it.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Had my dog try Nutrish, he really liked it and I liked the ingredients except the peas, he doesn't attempt to eat them, they are hard as a rock and he leaves them all over the house which is a pain. He likes peas fresh or frozen but these are way too hard. They should freeze dry them or take them out all together.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Nutrish is one of the few brands that have not been recalled. My dog came from a foster home and was fed with a premium brand that was home delivered. I was told he was a "grazer". I put him on Nutrish soon after I got him, and he just loves it. I mix a little bit of the wet in with the dry.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I was using Pedigree dry food. I wanted to put my dog on a diet but didn't see any diet food I wanted to buy so figured maybe just a better dog food would make a difference. I tried Nutrish when it first came out and my dog wouldn't eat it. Then I accidentally purchased Nutrish Peak (twice the price of the original almost) -- I actually thought I had picked up something else, purchased it and didn't notice til I got home. Turned out my dog absolutely loved the more expensive Nutrish. Amazingly, I have three cats as well and the cats liked the dog's dry food. Wish I could buy both the wet and dry of the Peak, but it's too expensive to buy both.

Original review: April 11, 2019

This is for the small dog breed. My two Chihuahua's love this dry kibble. When I switched from Purina One, I noticed, they gobbled it up, a very noticeable difference in increased activity by the third day. It has real ingredients, no artificial coloring or preservative. It's also less expensive than the other brands for an all natural kibble.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rachael Ray Nutrish?

Original review: April 4, 2020

This is the worst dog food I've ever purchased. It isn't even worthy of 1 star but that's not an option. I have 3 dogs, 2 of them are pugs that will literally eat anything including ** and they will not eat this dog food. I have tried mixing it with other food such as canned dog food or a tiny amount of table scraps. They still won't eat this food. After reading the other reviews I'm glad they won't eat it. Unfortunately, I purchased 3 bags of this garbage due to the covid-19 virus coming to the USA and everyone buying up everything and hoarding it. The only thing left on the shelf was Rachel Ray's Nutrish. Now I know why. I wouldn't donate this garbage to the animal shelter, their life is already rough enough.

Original review: March 8, 2020

I would give no Star if I were allowed to. I was led to believe that Rachel Ray’s dog food was healthy. And started feeding it to my dog about a year ago. I just noticed her getting so fat but I wasn’t feeding her any more than I used to. So I researched and I found that the FDA just put out a warning there are many dog foods that cause weight gain and cancer and Rachel Ray’s Nutrish is one of them. The FDA article says that when dog food is labeled grain free it is often bad for your animal. This is a marketing ploy. I noticed her weight gain. I didn’t feed her more than I ever fed her but she gained 15 pounds in less than a year because I switched her to Rachel Ray’s food. She also started having seizures! The FDA warned that Rachel Ray’s food will cause cancer and you won’t know until it’s too late. I am now cooking for my dog and hoping that I caught it before she gets too sick to be saved! Don’t buy Rachael Ray’s Nutrish for your animals!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Neither of my dogs have had strokes or any health problems before switching to what I thought would be healthier dog food for them. Now both my dogs have had strokes. Most recent one being yesterday. I’m so heartbroken. Since I just looked it up and FDA is in investigation due to increased amount of heart disease linked to the dog food.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

My dog passed away 3 days ago. He died due to heart failure. I went back and did some research on this dog food. I found out that it had been recalled. There are some studies done and most of the dogs that past away were for the same reason, heart failure. The sad thing is that there are no symptoms until it's already too late. He started being lethargic, with a cough, trouble breathing. PLEASE do not buy this food. Check this website mentalfloss.com and the FDA report called: THE FDA Has LINKED 16 Popular Dog Food Brands to Canine Heart Disease. I HAD to click on a star or otherwise I would have not given it a single one.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Our dog was healthy as of a few months ago, with positive blood work test results to prove it. After 5 days of eating Peak Western Grasslands Recipe with Bison, my dog is no longer running on walks, needs help getting in/out of the car, lost most of her energy, dizzy when walking and has fallen over, rapid breathing periodically without any movement prior...something is definitely wrong with this food. After reading the reports online that this dog food can contain chemicals from roundup weed killer and/or traces of euthanasia drugs, our beloved dog will never eat this food again. I wish we did our research before trying a new dog food, but we ran out and needed to grab something from the Grocery Outlet store across the street. Please do your research before using this dog food.

Rachael Ray Nutrish Company Information