3.9/5 (128 ratings)
Find a Dog Food partner

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Rachael Ray Nutrish

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Rachael Ray Nutrish Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rachael Ray Nutrish?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Last weekend my dog got into this food at a friend's house and got SEVERELY ILL within 12 hours. He is otherwise perfectly healthy and vibrant and was SO sick we had to go to the ER TWICE. He was vomiting, wouldn’t eat or drink, beyond lethargic, super weak, acting strange, pacing, etc. He ended up with hemorrhagic gastroenteritis so with that also came tissue sloughing (his insides so inflamed, they literally start “shedding”) where inside tissue is just coming out of his bum and blood with diarrhea. He had to get IV fluids TWICE, multiple meds (injections there and a course of meds this week to continue) and it was the most distressing experience for both of us.

I literally thought I was going to lose him. Cost almost $2,000 on top of that. He is finally recovering now, a little better each day. I was blown away when I saw all these other reviews with similar severe illness after eating this food, so I had to add my story as a warning to others. Stay far away from Rachael Ray products, your pet's life depends on it. It is disgusting and unbelievable any of her stuff is still on the market.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Started this food in the beginning of December and my very healthy five-year-old cat and also very healthy twin cats that are 4 months old are all lethargic, peeing blood and the vet has no explanation what's going on. After a very costly vet bill and antibiotics for the past 2 weeks, they are not getting any better. Did some research today and it said " have you changed your cat's food recently?" The only thing that has changed in this entire household has been this food. Looked it online reviews and it seems like everybody else is having the same issues. Returning the few extra bags that I have just bought and going back to my regular cat food that I feed the outside Barn cats. Zero of them are having issues.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Before purchasing the Rachael Ray Nutrish - Beef, Pea, and Rice dry dog food, my blue nosed pit's gorgeous coat changed, and she changed. She was lethargic, vomiting, lacking energy, just not her normal playful self. I took her to the vet and immediately she asked me if I had switched Powder's food. When I told her yes, to Rachael Ray she told me she had lost count of how many owners had brought their dogs in after eating her dog food, with severe allergic reactions. After 4 different medications and a $700 bill, and now several months later, my dog is still struggling to get her original coat back. Furious isn't the word. My advice, stay away from anything with her name on it pertaining to pets/animals.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

My cat loves this food and I feel it's an affordable brand that is a step above Meow Mix and Friskies. Now if I switch my cat back to meow mix to save a dollar or two she turns her nose up. I feel better giving my cat a slightly higher quality of food while still remaining on a tight budget

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I love the different types of variety, not only in Flavors but products for different dog sizes. We started our once little guy on the Nutrish Puppy and he loved it. Now he's a huge fan of the variety for big dogs. He especially likes all the different shapes in the food. I would recommend this food to anyone trying to decide on what their fur baby should eat.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

My cats love this food, it's made with natural ingredients and so it's very healthy. They are also very healthy. I have been using it for years and the price is very affordable. There are enough choices to be able to give them a variety of flavors.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

We have two cats that have been eating this garbage cat food. About a month ago, our female calico started scratching her ears to the point where she had bloody scabs and hair loss. I took her to the vet and he said it was an allergy. My other male cat also has some scabbing by his ears, but not as bad as our female calico. He does not eat the wet food as much, but tonight he had some and started scratching his ears again. We just threw all of the wet food out and will get something else. I hope it has not done any other damage to our fur babies. After reading other people’s reviews on here, it makes sense to why they are both itching. Shame on you and your product, Rachael Ray! This crap needs to be removed permanently from all shelves!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

This just happen today!!!! Our cats regular food was out of stock so we decided to buy a small bag of the Rachael Ray's Peak Dry Cat Food. I gave my cats a scoop each this morning. Within a couple of hours they were both vomiting and scratching their faces constantly. We just figured out they’re having issues trying to poop and pee. They keep sitting in their litter box, but unable to pass anything through. It’s gotten to a point where they’re both crying in pain. We are taking them to the ER now. I wish I had read the reviews first. DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND. This needs to be taken off the shelves ASAP.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Her food apparently has a lot of vitamins and supplements that create a blockage in most cats' urinary tract! Which requires immediate emergency 1200$ surgery that took us 2 years to pay off!!! I trusted her brand with my animals. I changed them immediately to HILL'S SCIENCE DIET. I WISH HER FOOD WAS TAKEN OFF THE SHELVES. STICK TO COOKING FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION RACHAEL!!

Original review: July 13, 2021

Their regular food was not in stock. I purchased Rachael Ray Nutrish dry cat food. After 2 weeks my cats could not poop. They had bowel impactions. The worst one sick was the one who eats the most dry food. They were all having issues throwing up and impacted stools. They eat mostly canned food and dry as supplement. I have not had this issue ever before with any of my cats. I will never feed this food to any of my ‘family’ ever again. This food almost killed my cats. Many emergency trips to the Vet. Nobody needs to grief of seeing their cats dying because of what they trusted could be fed to them.

Rachael Ray Nutrish Company Information