4.15/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

20 Rachael Ray Nutrish Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 14, 2019

Had my dog try Nutrish, he really liked it and I liked the ingredients except the peas, he doesn't attempt to eat them, they are hard as a rock and he leaves them all over the house which is a pain. He likes peas fresh or frozen but these are way too hard. They should freeze dry them or take them out all together.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Nutrish is one of the few brands that have not been recalled. My dog came from a foster home and was fed with a premium brand that was home delivered. I was told he was a "grazer". I put him on Nutrish soon after I got him, and he just loves it. I mix a little bit of the wet in with the dry.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I was using Pedigree dry food. I wanted to put my dog on a diet but didn't see any diet food I wanted to buy so figured maybe just a better dog food would make a difference. I tried Nutrish when it first came out and my dog wouldn't eat it. Then I accidentally purchased Nutrish Peak (twice the price of the original almost) -- I actually thought I had picked up something else, purchased it and didn't notice til I got home. Turned out my dog absolutely loved the more expensive Nutrish. Amazingly, I have three cats as well and the cats liked the dog's dry food. Wish I could buy both the wet and dry of the Peak, but it's too expensive to buy both.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

All three dogs in our household, two of them picky eaters, will eat this. The third one eats anything and everything but does seem to eat this food a little faster than most things. Several other dog owners I know whose dogs have tried this agree that their dogs find Nutrish especially tasty. I did a lot of research on the health value of Rachael Ray's dog food. Seems to be about average quality. Her Zero Grain seems to be the only one above average.

I have a very picky eater, a 9 month 50lb pup. I have to rotate even "high value" treats for this guy. My roommate, on a much tighter budget than me, started buying Nutrish for his small dogs at Walgreens. While one of his dogs sometimes prefers my dog's healthier Purina One, my baby loves the Rachael Ray. Because he's so picky, I often have to mix his kibble with wet food, which is expensive - he's a big guy and still growing! I started mixing Nutrish with his healthier food and that seems to be the best way to get him to eat close to enough for his size and make me feel that he is getting more than enough nutrition. The beef flavor is like a treat and is the only kibble that gets him to completely clean his food bowl, and fast! Otherwise, he usually leaves some dry food, and even wet/dry mixed, when he's done eating his meal. I sometimes worry about him under-eating, never overeating, except with the Nutrish beef flavor.

Original review: June 22, 2018

We are currently using Rachael Ray Nutrish and our Labrador Retriever loves it. We were having a hard time getting her Taste of the Wild in the flavor she liked. The larger bags were only carried by Country Max and they couldn't keep it in stock. We had to special order, and they wouldn't get it in for several days.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rachael Ray Nutrish?

Original review: May 22, 2019

Please beware of Rachael Ray Nutrish Small Bites Dog Food (kibbles). I will never again feed this brand to my dog and would beg the same of any friend or family member. I'm even here begging you, a total stranger, to please not feed this to your pet. Halfway through one bag of Rachael Ray Nutrish, my 12-pound Yorkshire Terrier began to have serious diarrhea, vomiting, and skin inflammation. I stopped feeding it to him immediately but he has developed food allergies as a result and it's taken several weeks for him to start feeling better. He has scars all over his ears from the constant scratching and I'm still trying to figure out what I can safely feed him. If I could give it negative stars and still post this review, I would. This food made my healthy pet terribly ill.

Original review: April 17, 2019

For some reason, my Beagle is very choosy when it comes to dry dog food. I’ve tried several brands and so far, and this is the only one he will eat straight out of the bag. He would smell all the others and back away. Can’t say that I blame him, they truly stink!

Original review: April 11, 2019

This is for the small dog breed. My two Chihuahua's love this dry kibble. When I switched from Purina One, I noticed, they gobbled it up, a very noticeable difference in increased activity by the third day. It has real ingredients, no artificial coloring or preservative. It's also less expensive than the other brands for an all natural kibble.

Original review: April 9, 2019

It's the only dog food that Scooby will eat. It keeps him away from the cat food. Scooby likes this food much better than the previous brand of dog food. Scooby used to prefer cat food to his old brand of dog food.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I had fed my dogs IAMS for several years. They got to where they were not interested in eating. I tried Nutrish and they LOVE it! I am so happy that I found it! I feel like I am getting a lot of bang for my buck!

Original review: April 6, 2019

I like feeding this to my dogs because it doesn’t contain any fillers or unnatural ingredients and it’s fairly priced (usually purchase at Walmart). If this isn’t available I will purchase other brands that are wheat and soy free.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I like the grain free one. It is available at grocery stores, which is so convenient. The ingredients are easy to understand. My dog is very sensitive, and will start scratching its fur when given other high end dog food at pet stores. This line also has amazing treats that he loves as well.

Original review: March 27, 2019

The price and quality are good. Tried other brands but my dog would not eat them and some of them she would spit out some of the bits she did not like. Just because a food is more expensive doesn't mean it's better.

Original review: March 20, 2019

This brand makes their food and treats to human standards, meaning we humans can eat it safely if we choose to do so. There's no artificial colors or preservatives and they are literally gobbled up by my baby boy and he's the picky type.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

This made both our very healthy dogs VERY sick! Seizures and major hair loss. This happened after feeding this food for about 2 months. Don't use this! We thought we were losing our babies. They were that sick!!

Original review: June 27, 2018

My great danes love this food! I’ve tried a lot of others but Rachael Ray Nutrish is their favorite and it helps a good cause as well.

Original review: June 24, 2018

My dog is doing better on the Rachael Ray Beef food. But will soon discontinue using this food due to RR being bought by Smucker's. People are standing up to companies using toxic rendered waste, euthanized cats & dogs & imported toxic ingredients. I will start making my dogs & cats human grace food.

Original review: June 23, 2018

One of the few dog foods that we found That the dogs really like and so far after using for over a year They have had no skin problems or digestive problems.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My dog wouldn't touch the Rachael Ray dog food. Expensive mail order dog food and Jewel did not like it. Even though it's supposed to be healthy with natural nutrients. No good for Jewel.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I got great coupons for Rachael Ray Zero, and my dogs like it. Zero grain important as my dogs seem to have skin problems when fed food with corn. Size good for my little one, and can crunch too.

Rachael Ray Nutrish Company Information