3.8/5 (108 ratings)
Shop Now on Chewy

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Rachael Ray Nutrish

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Rachael Ray Nutrish Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rachael Ray Nutrish?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rachael Ray Nutrish?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

We have two cats that have been eating this garbage cat food. About a month ago, our female calico started scratching her ears to the point where she had bloody scabs and hair loss. I took her to the vet and he said it was an allergy. My other male cat also has some scabbing by his ears, but not as bad as our female calico. He does not eat the wet food as much, but tonight he had some and started scratching his ears again. We just threw all of the wet food out and will get something else. I hope it has not done any other damage to our fur babies. After reading other people’s reviews on here, it makes sense to why they are both itching. Shame on you and your product, Rachael Ray! This crap needs to be removed permanently from all shelves!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

This just happen today!!!! Our cats regular food was out of stock so we decided to buy a small bag of the Rachael Ray's Peak Dry Cat Food. I gave my cats a scoop each this morning. Within a couple of hours they were both vomiting and scratching their faces constantly. We just figured out they’re having issues trying to poop and pee. They keep sitting in their litter box, but unable to pass anything through. It’s gotten to a point where they’re both crying in pain. We are taking them to the ER now. I wish I had read the reviews first. DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND. This needs to be taken off the shelves ASAP.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Her food apparently has a lot of vitamins and supplements that create a blockage in most cats' urinary tract! Which requires immediate emergency 1200$ surgery that took us 2 years to pay off!!! I trusted her brand with my animals. I changed them immediately to HILL'S SCIENCE DIET. I WISH HER FOOD WAS TAKEN OFF THE SHELVES. STICK TO COOKING FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION RACHAEL!!

Original review: July 13, 2021

Their regular food was not in stock. I purchased Rachael Ray Nutrish dry cat food. After 2 weeks my cats could not poop. They had bowel impactions. The worst one sick was the one who eats the most dry food. They were all having issues throwing up and impacted stools. They eat mostly canned food and dry as supplement. I have not had this issue ever before with any of my cats. I will never feed this food to any of my ‘family’ ever again. This food almost killed my cats. Many emergency trips to the Vet. Nobody needs to grief of seeing their cats dying because of what they trusted could be fed to them.

Original review: June 30, 2021

I bought some large bags of Nutrish for my dog and cats. They have been eating it exclusively along with a variety of canned food. My dog has been scratching herself constantly. My cats have been vomiting. I am throwing the rest away today.

Original review: April 12, 2021

I have purchase product for many years. Recently, the product had mold. The company was contacted and informed about the problem. Coupons were offered and a Fedex label to return the product for examination. Twelve days later no response was received. A second call was made. The company representative indicated that it takes 3 weeks to a month to receive delivery. This was not communicated in the initial phone call. This time frame is not practical for me to help them research their problem.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

A few weeks ago we were at a local farm store and bought a bag of Rachel Ray Nutrish Super Medly dry dog food. We had used other Nutrish products before but I thought I would try the different flavor. After about 2 weeks our Scottish Terrier started to have trouble walking then she started throwing up. We took her to the vet on Saturday and they told us her kidneys were shutting down. Over the weekend they gave her 3 rounds of fluids but on Monday we had to have her euthanized. On Tuesday the 2 Doxies we have has developed diarrhea and we have had to go to the vet today for meds for them. When they developed diarrhea I threw the rest of the bag away. We can only hope out Doxies get better but the reason for sharing this is so someone else might not lose a pet like we have.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I'd been feeding my cat Sheba perfect portions wet food for a while, and I bought Rachael Ray Nutrish on a routine visit to Petco because I wanted to upgrade to a better quality food that contained more moisture. She absolutely loved the Nutrish and I fed it to her for two days before I googled reviews. I'm SO glad I did. I switched her back to her normal food right away because although she loves the taste of Nutrish I'm not willing to take any chances on her health. I did notice even after the two days she began itching herself more than usual, and her bowel movements were softer and way smellier than before. These are both symptoms mentioned by a lot of other reviewers. I'm hoping no damage has been done, but I'm definitely going to keep an eye on her and be much much more careful in the future. Thank you to every person here who has shared their experience, honestly you may have saved her life.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

I bought a small bag of Rachel Ray Nutrish dry cat food to try out for my cats because my aunt said she was trying it. Her cats loved it. BIG HUGE MISTAKE. Within less than 2 weeks of buying the cat food, one of my cats is dead and one of my aunt's cats dead. Two different households, only similarity was the Rachel Ray Nutrish dry cat food. Both cats had the exact same symptoms and the vet said both cats had acute kidney failure. Both cats only about a year to a year and a half old and both cats DEAD because of Rachel Ray Nutrish dry cat food. DO NOT FEED THIS FOOD TO YOUR CATS! If she her food poisons cats, it probably does to dogs too. Keep your fur babies safe and do not feed Rachel Ray Nutrish Food! I wish I had enough money to get food analyzed and do autopsy for proof and I would sue. Also wish I read these reviews before buying this food and I could have saved my poor cat from a horrible death. Cannot repeat this enough... DO NOT BUY RACHEL RAY NUTRISH FOOD! IT WILL KILL YOUR PETS!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I bought the Rachael Ray Nutrish as a backup because I didn't get home on time from work to go to PETCO to buy their regular food from "Instinct." I bought a small bag. The cats loved it, however; after almost a week, my 3 year old cat started throwing up, looking really sick and lethargic. He also had a hard time going to the bathroom. Not too long after his symptoms, my 1 year old cat started to throw up and share in the same symptoms but she was still able to use the bathroom. I never had issues with other emergency foods before.

I had to rush my cat to the emergency where it was hard for them to figure out what was going on with my 3 year old. They gave him an enema and sent us home. He did get better but over time I had to rush him to the emergency again. When I took him in they had to perform an extensive procedure on this colon in order to clean him out and now he's just not the same! He's not the same baby! I can't feed him without giving him laxatives to keep his pipes moving. It never dawned on me to see if other animal parent has shared in the same experience with this food, until tonight when the thought came to mind to see if other pets had similar symptoms. We are still trying to figure out what's going on with my cat! It seems to be a recurring issue now :(. I hate this food. If you love your pets, steer clear of this brand.

Rachael Ray Nutrish Company Information