3.79/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Rachael Ray Nutrish

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Rachael Ray Nutrish Reviews

Original review: July 1, 2019

I have been feeding Rachael Ray Nutrish dog food to my American Eskimo dog Bear for over 5 years now. I also fed it to my other American Eskimo Teddy, before he died of old age a couple of years ago. I have had zero problems with this dog food. No health issues at all. As a matter of fact, about 3 weeks ago my wife decided to buy some Kibbles and Bits for Bear because he eats the Rachael Ray Nutrish pretty slowly and she wanted him to have something different. Within days he was throwing up and had bad diarrhea. We stopped the Kibbles and Bits & put him back on Rachael Ray Nutrish & he is back to normal.

I am reading that there are supposedly dogs on Rachael Ray Nutrish that have developed heart disease. 10 dogs to be exact. While I am sorry to hear that, I have to ask you how many thousands of dogs, like mine are eating it every day (mine for over 5 years) with ZERO issues. I believe it is a good, healthy alternative for your dog. Bear is 12 years old, is in great health and runs around the house like a maniac sometimes! He doesn't gobble down the food, but is very healthy & not overweight at all. He gobbled down the kibbles and bits and it made him sick. We give him treats every day and sometimes people food too, but mostly Rachael Ray Nutrish dry dog food. I highly recommend it.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Had my dog try Nutrish, he really liked it and I liked the ingredients except the peas, he doesn't attempt to eat them, they are hard as a rock and he leaves them all over the house which is a pain. He likes peas fresh or frozen but these are way too hard. They should freeze dry them or take them out all together.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Nutrish is one of the few brands that have not been recalled. My dog came from a foster home and was fed with a premium brand that was home delivered. I was told he was a "grazer". I put him on Nutrish soon after I got him, and he just loves it. I mix a little bit of the wet in with the dry.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I was using Pedigree dry food. I wanted to put my dog on a diet but didn't see any diet food I wanted to buy so figured maybe just a better dog food would make a difference. I tried Nutrish when it first came out and my dog wouldn't eat it. Then I accidentally purchased Nutrish Peak (twice the price of the original almost) -- I actually thought I had picked up something else, purchased it and didn't notice til I got home. Turned out my dog absolutely loved the more expensive Nutrish. Amazingly, I have three cats as well and the cats liked the dog's dry food. Wish I could buy both the wet and dry of the Peak, but it's too expensive to buy both.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

All three dogs in our household, two of them picky eaters, will eat this. The third one eats anything and everything but does seem to eat this food a little faster than most things. Several other dog owners I know whose dogs have tried this agree that their dogs find Nutrish especially tasty. I did a lot of research on the health value of Rachael Ray's dog food. Seems to be about average quality. Her Zero Grain seems to be the only one above average.

I have a very picky eater, a 9 month 50lb pup. I have to rotate even "high value" treats for this guy. My roommate, on a much tighter budget than me, started buying Nutrish for his small dogs at Walgreens. While one of his dogs sometimes prefers my dog's healthier Purina One, my baby loves the Rachael Ray. Because he's so picky, I often have to mix his kibble with wet food, which is expensive - he's a big guy and still growing! I started mixing Nutrish with his healthier food and that seems to be the best way to get him to eat close to enough for his size and make me feel that he is getting more than enough nutrition. The beef flavor is like a treat and is the only kibble that gets him to completely clean his food bowl, and fast! Otherwise, he usually leaves some dry food, and even wet/dry mixed, when he's done eating his meal. I sometimes worry about him under-eating, never overeating, except with the Nutrish beef flavor.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rachael Ray Nutrish?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

We raise English bulldogs, I was told how good this food was, after 3 weeks on the new nutrisse steak, my dogs are all going crazy itching... Took them to the vet and poor babies are having a reaction to this food. Horrible horrible horrible!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I gave my 5 year old this product and after 2 days he is vomiting the food. They are selling this at Dollar General. I understand why now. Shame on Rachael Ray for supporting this product. Where is USDA.

Original review: June 10, 2019

People wake up!! If it’s not safe for humans to eat it’s not safe for your pets, My dogs are currently experiencing the side effects from this so called good food, they are vomiting, constantly itching, they aren’t absorbing any nutritional value whatsoever and due to (No Vitamin D) my dogs that (HAD PERFECT TEETH) are now becoming obese. Gums that are bleeding, their teeth are totally decayed to the point they are loose and falling out, they are losing fur!!! Rachael Ray you need to go back to chef school because you certainly fell short of this product that you endorse and due to my pets failing health my vet bills need to be reimbursed for all 3 dogs... My dogs now have to eat soft food which my sister cooks for them every day because they can’t chew anything due to rotted decayed bleeding gums and teeth falling out!!! I foresee lawyer visit in near future due to this matter!!

Original review: May 22, 2019

Please beware of Rachael Ray Nutrish Small Bites Dog Food (kibbles). I will never again feed this brand to my dog and would beg the same of any friend or family member. I'm even here begging you, a total stranger, to please not feed this to your pet. Halfway through one bag of Rachael Ray Nutrish, my 12-pound Yorkshire Terrier began to have serious diarrhea, vomiting, and skin inflammation. I stopped feeding it to him immediately but he has developed food allergies as a result and it's taken several weeks for him to start feeling better. He has scars all over his ears from the constant scratching and I'm still trying to figure out what I can safely feed him. If I could give it negative stars and still post this review, I would. This food made my healthy pet terribly ill.

Original review: April 17, 2019

For some reason, my Beagle is very choosy when it comes to dry dog food. I’ve tried several brands and so far, and this is the only one he will eat straight out of the bag. He would smell all the others and back away. Can’t say that I blame him, they truly stink!

Rachael Ray Nutrish Company Information