2. Pets

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Rachael Ray Nutrish Reviews

Original review: June 19, 2020

Despite the stereotype, many cats cannot tolerate cow's milk. Even worse is coconut milk. My cat will get sick and mewl in pain for several hours along with lose bladder control when fed cow's milk. Same for coconut milk. I usually get another brand's broth pouch, and my cat has no problems with those. They don't use coconut milk. I fed a pouch of this Nutrish broth pouch, and within an hour my cat is crying in pain. Then I read the ingredients. What BOOB thinks putting coconut milk in cat food was a good idea? Yeah, feed this stuff to your cat if you want it dead! Coconut milk can KILL your cat after several feedings. I tossed this hazardous cat food in the trash. It should never had made it to the shelf.

Rachel Ray would be aghast at this company delivering not just unhealthful but lethal products under her name. I'm sure she will never hear of this. The company depends on her image. I figured the Nutrish brand would know how to make healthful recipes for cats. Seeing coconut milk as an ingredient after my cat went into pain proved otherwise. I normally feed Fancy Feast broth pouches, Sheba wet food, and Friskies lil soups to my cat. NONE of them list cow's milk, coconut milk, or any type of milk. Odd that everyone but Nutrish knows you don't feed milk to cats as a general rule.

The percentage of cats that get sick on cow and coconut milk is very significant. They can kill a cat. If they continue adding coconut milk as an ingredient, they should put a noticeable warning on the front to warn customers that their product contains milk that is known to make cats sick or cause death. No one should be putting cow/coconut milk in any mass product and mass delivered cat food.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I fed my 9.5 lb. male Yorkshire Terrier Rachael Ray's Nutrish wet dog food. I only fed him this because Chewy was backed up (due to pandemic) and his usual dog food hadn't come in yet. What a terrible mistake - within two weeks he became extremely ill, suddenly very lethargic, loss of use in his hind legs, wouldn't go through the doggy door or climb stairs. He had no energy, hard to keep awake, no longer wanted to play. He is normally VERY high energy. I was so scared and after reading the reviews on Consumer Affairs I was HORRIFIED that a food so terrible is legally allowed to be sold ANYWHERE. Whatever is in this food WILL hurt your pet, possibly irreparably, over time. If you are using this - STOP immediately. Dexter is now doing fine after throwing out that poison and his energy is back. THANK GOD! PLEASE TAKE THIS OFF THE SHELVES FOREVER!!!

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 22, 2020

If you love you dog, which I’m sure you do, do not feed this product to your dog. I’ve feed my beautiful black lab rescue. The sweetest dog you’ll ever have this garbage wet and dry food. After a few months we noticed that she became lethargic. She didn’t want to play or even be around her family. Threw it got worse. She had difficulty waking. Her hind legs would no longer hold her up. She couldn’t go up or down stairs and didn’t even sleep in her bed.

We took her to the vet and after a full exam they couldn’t find anything wrong. They attributed to her getting older and having joint issues. We thought we would have to put her down. We were devastated!!! My husband is a physician and heartbroken over the thought of losing our dog. He suggested changing her food. We switched over to Farmers Dog. And within weeks we got our baby back. She’s like a puppy again (she’s 9) playing with the kids, running up and down the stairs. Wagging her tail and happy. My heart breaks that we almost killed our Lily with that poison Rachael Ray dog food. I write to her, a supposed animal lover, and she never responded.

Original review: May 10, 2020

To start with we HAD two very healthy dogs a White German Shepherd & a Spitz. We bought the NEW nutrish supermedleys. Fed it to our babies for a few weeks then out of nowhere the wgsd had a stroke and loss all control of her hind end with no feeling. We had to euthanize her, we were so torn up over it. Then a week later our Spitz had a stroke with the exact reaction. Totally loss all control and feeling in her hind end. We had to put her down. We lost 2 great and very healthy family members because of this food. We have some left and our vet is working to see what's exactly in it. Obviously it's not safe to feed to your dogs. I'm so mad and disappointed in the Rachael Ray branding. It sickens me to think that she has turned a blind eye on her product just for the money, not worried about the big picture of dogs getting sick and or even death from her. PLEASE IF YOU LOVE YOUR PUP DO NOT BUY THIS!!!

Original review: April 26, 2020

Out of ignorance, I switched to this food because I thought the Simply Nourish that I'd been feeding my Dakota since pup-hood had caused issues with his stomach. The reality of it was that I like to alternate flavors and ended up switching too quickly without blending. Rookie mistake. He was on Rachael Ray Nutrish's turkey and venison dry food for two months with a spoonful of wet food for each meal.

During that two months, he gained 6-7 pounds despite attending daycare and exercising regularly. He also developed bad diarrhea that was brought on randomly. One minute he was solid, next I'm waking up in the early morning hours to clean liquid crap off my floors before a 6-7 am work shift. He's only a year old, but I had him potty trained within a week. He never goes in the house unless he's sick and unfortunately, I sleep like the dead most nights. The smell is the only thing I can't sleep through, and this is coming from someone who's had trees collapse just outside her bedroom window.

The final nail in the coffin was when I was looking to purchase his wet food through Chewy instead of going to the store. I scrolled to the individual containers and saw them listed as grain-free despite the variety packs only having them listed as gluten-free. I remember being in shock, my jaw dropping at Rachael's blatant dishonesty at labeling her products incorrectly. Because of all the speculation around grain-free foods, I've gone out of my way to avoid them until the day it becomes an absolute necessity. I was angry. Who knows what long lasting damage could've been done to my dog had I kept feeding him this junk?

How can I be expected to trust that the dry food I'd been feeding him wasn't grain-free or that it was even made in the US like stated on the package? I fed him enough to switch back to Simply Nourish and that's where we'll stay until I'm given a reason to do otherwise. Ironically, I switched to avoid stomach issues and he ended up suffering through those problems anyways. Never again...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rachael Ray Nutrish?

Original review: April 4, 2020

This is the worst dog food I've ever purchased. It isn't even worthy of 1 star but that's not an option. I have 3 dogs, 2 of them are pugs that will literally eat anything including ** and they will not eat this dog food. I have tried mixing it with other food such as canned dog food or a tiny amount of table scraps. They still won't eat this food. After reading the other reviews I'm glad they won't eat it. Unfortunately, I purchased 3 bags of this garbage due to the covid-19 virus coming to the USA and everyone buying up everything and hoarding it. The only thing left on the shelf was Rachel Ray's Nutrish. Now I know why. I wouldn't donate this garbage to the animal shelter, their life is already rough enough.

Original review: March 8, 2020

I would give no Star if I were allowed to. I was led to believe that Rachel Ray’s dog food was healthy. And started feeding it to my dog about a year ago. I just noticed her getting so fat but I wasn’t feeding her any more than I used to. So I researched and I found that the FDA just put out a warning there are many dog foods that cause weight gain and cancer and Rachel Ray’s Nutrish is one of them. The FDA article says that when dog food is labeled grain free it is often bad for your animal. This is a marketing ploy. I noticed her weight gain. I didn’t feed her more than I ever fed her but she gained 15 pounds in less than a year because I switched her to Rachel Ray’s food. She also started having seizures! The FDA warned that Rachel Ray’s food will cause cancer and you won’t know until it’s too late. I am now cooking for my dog and hoping that I caught it before she gets too sick to be saved! Don’t buy Rachael Ray’s Nutrish for your animals!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Neither of my dogs have had strokes or any health problems before switching to what I thought would be healthier dog food for them. Now both my dogs have had strokes. Most recent one being yesterday. I’m so heartbroken. Since I just looked it up and FDA is in investigation due to increased amount of heart disease linked to the dog food.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

My dog passed away 3 days ago. He died due to heart failure. I went back and did some research on this dog food. I found out that it had been recalled. There are some studies done and most of the dogs that past away were for the same reason, heart failure. The sad thing is that there are no symptoms until it's already too late. He started being lethargic, with a cough, trouble breathing. PLEASE do not buy this food. Check this website mentalfloss.com and the FDA report called: THE FDA Has LINKED 16 Popular Dog Food Brands to Canine Heart Disease. I HAD to click on a star or otherwise I would have not given it a single one.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Our dog was healthy as of a few months ago, with positive blood work test results to prove it. After 5 days of eating Peak Western Grasslands Recipe with Bison, my dog is no longer running on walks, needs help getting in/out of the car, lost most of her energy, dizzy when walking and has fallen over, rapid breathing periodically without any movement prior...something is definitely wrong with this food. After reading the reports online that this dog food can contain chemicals from roundup weed killer and/or traces of euthanasia drugs, our beloved dog will never eat this food again. I wish we did our research before trying a new dog food, but we ran out and needed to grab something from the Grocery Outlet store across the street. Please do your research before using this dog food.

Rachael Ray Nutrish Company Information