2. Pets

Shop Now on Chewy
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.51/5

Rachael Ray Nutrish Shop Now on Chewy

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more
Shop Now on Chewy

Rachael Ray Nutrish Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rachael Ray Nutrish?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rachael Ray Nutrish?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I purchased Rachael Ray's Nutrish wet dog food since they were out of our regular food, I started giving my dog this food on Friday and on Monday he hasn't wanted to get up. He's lethargic, can barely move, not eating or drinking anything. I took him to the vet. He was pumped up with fluids and took blood. Waiting for an answer of what is happening. I wish I would of seen these posts before giving this horrible food to my fur baby. Take it off the market already if so many dogs have become sick. I want them to pay all of these vet bills as well. It was a pretty penny.

Original review: July 30, 2020

A little over a month ago I went to buy my sweet Australian Shepherd her regular dog food, Blue Buffalo dry dog food. But, Safeway didn't carry it, so I bought her Rachael Ray dog food. At first, she didn't seem to want to eat it, but I thought that was because it was not her usual dog food. After a few days she started laying round most of the day, seemed to have trouble getting up and then refused to eat anything. I took her to the vet and after a few days they diagnosed her with IMHA. She might never get well. I know that I did this to her by trusting this dog food. I did save some of it and as soon as I can raise enough money I am going to have it analyzed.

Original review: July 29, 2020

My perfectly healthy 7 year old lab is in the emergency vet as I type this, due to Rachael Ray Nutrish dog food. It made her sick and my other dog wouldn't touch it. I think she knew something was wrong. I immediately threw out the food but over the next couple of days my dog is not better. Took her to the vet and she is in kidney failure. Reading these reviews, I'm not alone. I contacted Chewy to remove Rachael Ray's products from their site.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I fed my dog Rachael Ray's wet food which comes in a pack of 6 with all this nice packaging and is very affordable but at a high risk. My dog developed terrible allergies, would gag when she would smell the food, and would move a lot slower. The only reason I bought this is because it was the only appealing food I seen and it actually looked like good quality food. Terrible mistake. Do not buy this for your dog. My dog is currently recovering and began to feed her Blue Buffalo instead. DO NOT BUY!!!! It may seem affordable but your dog deserves better food.

Original review: July 11, 2020

I gave my dog the soft meatball chicken roasters and other Rachel Ray treats and he started vomiting so I put them away and my husband found them. Eventually my dog got pancreatitis which was very difficult to diagnose because it was mild and then became severe. Unfortunately, he passed away and it was extremely heartbreaking and I kept racking my brain what did he eat and the only thing I could think of where these terrible fatty treats. I should’ve thrown them in the trash immediately which is where they belong. They are garbage and must be very very high in fat, very dangerous for dogs and I want everyone to know - that please do not buy these treats. I didn’t get my dog a lot of fatty foods and this is the only thing I can think of that he ate and contributed to his pancreatitis. Please read all labels and don’t believe everything you read. Do your own research and go to a health food doggy store for any healthy treats, never Petsmart or Chewy.

Original review: July 2, 2020

Rachel Ray cat food has natural ingredients and no fillers. My cat loves it. I would recommend to anyone. The price is right. You can get it in most stores. The flavors come in chicken, salmon and other varieties. Very good product.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Despite the stereotype, many cats cannot tolerate cow's milk. Even worse is coconut milk. My cat will get sick and mewl in pain for several hours along with lose bladder control when fed cow's milk. Same for coconut milk. I usually get another brand's broth pouch, and my cat has no problems with those. They don't use coconut milk. I fed a pouch of this Nutrish broth pouch, and within an hour my cat is crying in pain. Then I read the ingredients. What BOOB thinks putting coconut milk in cat food was a good idea? Yeah, feed this stuff to your cat if you want it dead! Coconut milk can KILL your cat after several feedings. I tossed this hazardous cat food in the trash. It should never had made it to the shelf.

Rachel Ray would be aghast at this company delivering not just unhealthful but lethal products under her name. I'm sure she will never hear of this. The company depends on her image. I figured the Nutrish brand would know how to make healthful recipes for cats. Seeing coconut milk as an ingredient after my cat went into pain proved otherwise. I normally feed Fancy Feast broth pouches, Sheba wet food, and Friskies lil soups to my cat. NONE of them list cow's milk, coconut milk, or any type of milk. Odd that everyone but Nutrish knows you don't feed milk to cats as a general rule.

The percentage of cats that get sick on cow and coconut milk is very significant. They can kill a cat. If they continue adding coconut milk as an ingredient, they should put a noticeable warning on the front to warn customers that their product contains milk that is known to make cats sick or cause death. No one should be putting cow/coconut milk in any mass product and mass delivered cat food.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I fed my 9.5 lb. male Yorkshire Terrier Rachael Ray's Nutrish wet dog food. I only fed him this because Chewy was backed up (due to pandemic) and his usual dog food hadn't come in yet. What a terrible mistake - within two weeks he became extremely ill, suddenly very lethargic, loss of use in his hind legs, wouldn't go through the doggy door or climb stairs. He had no energy, hard to keep awake, no longer wanted to play. He is normally VERY high energy. I was so scared and after reading the reviews on Consumer Affairs I was HORRIFIED that a food so terrible is legally allowed to be sold ANYWHERE. Whatever is in this food WILL hurt your pet, possibly irreparably, over time. If you are using this - STOP immediately. Dexter is now doing fine after throwing out that poison and his energy is back. THANK GOD! PLEASE TAKE THIS OFF THE SHELVES FOREVER!!!

Original review: May 22, 2020

If you love you dog, which I’m sure you do, do not feed this product to your dog. I’ve feed my beautiful black lab rescue. The sweetest dog you’ll ever have this garbage wet and dry food. After a few months we noticed that she became lethargic. She didn’t want to play or even be around her family. Threw it got worse. She had difficulty waking. Her hind legs would no longer hold her up. She couldn’t go up or down stairs and didn’t even sleep in her bed.

We took her to the vet and after a full exam they couldn’t find anything wrong. They attributed to her getting older and having joint issues. We thought we would have to put her down. We were devastated!!! My husband is a physician and heartbroken over the thought of losing our dog. He suggested changing her food. We switched over to Farmers Dog. And within weeks we got our baby back. She’s like a puppy again (she’s 9) playing with the kids, running up and down the stairs. Wagging her tail and happy. My heart breaks that we almost killed our Lily with that poison Rachael Ray dog food. I write to her, a supposed animal lover, and she never responded.

Original review: May 10, 2020

To start with we HAD two very healthy dogs a White German Shepherd & a Spitz. We bought the NEW nutrish supermedleys. Fed it to our babies for a few weeks then out of nowhere the wgsd had a stroke and loss all control of her hind end with no feeling. We had to euthanize her, we were so torn up over it. Then a week later our Spitz had a stroke with the exact reaction. Totally loss all control and feeling in her hind end. We had to put her down. We lost 2 great and very healthy family members because of this food. We have some left and our vet is working to see what's exactly in it. Obviously it's not safe to feed to your dogs. I'm so mad and disappointed in the Rachael Ray branding. It sickens me to think that she has turned a blind eye on her product just for the money, not worried about the big picture of dogs getting sick and or even death from her. PLEASE IF YOU LOVE YOUR PUP DO NOT BUY THIS!!!

Rachael Ray Nutrish Company Information