Find a Pet Stores partner

3. Pet Stores

3.9/5 (863 ratings)
Find a Pet Stores partner

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Petland

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Petland Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petland?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petland?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

I purchased a tub of fifty large crickets from Petland at Stonebrook in Saskatoon. The crickets were in poor health. It was hard to see how many were alive or dead, though some were clearly dead. When I got them home, it turned out to be about 75% dead. This is the second time I've had this exact experience with Petland and Stonebrook in Saskatoon. Their prices are already higher than their competition. Buy your crickets at Petsmart and get actual live crickets.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Petland OKC and all Petland/solutions pet owners, employees, etc do not care about you or the pet they are selling you! They care about your money and how they can keep from paying out anything for the sick puppies they sell from well known puppy mills well known for their disgusting and overcrowded facilities where they breed these poor animals who carry life threatening intestinal issues including parasites. The poor puppies have diarrhea with blood and parasites. Their cages at Petland are disgusting - many of the puppies had globs of diarrhea, bloody feces, urine with feces where they are walking, sleeping and they are eating contaminated feces of other dogs right in front of you while employees stand around and chat! These puppies are in no way healthy and should not be sold at all.

The “top 5 breeder” is a guy named Brad Grotewold from Iowa with a large puppy mill site that you can find online with several disgusting and disheartening articles and USDA write ups regarding his poop/parasite infested facility and the broker is Southpaw Pets also in Neosha, Iowa! The contracted vet, Jason ** is shady and does not keep accurate or adequate records. He refuses to change his mistakes and actually left off many calls and the actual 2nd medication he prescribed for the intestinal parasites! The puppy is very sick and has had diarrhea and bouts of vomiting since the day of purchase! Petland refuses to refund any money and will not pay for him to go to their vet or our vet that we have taken other pets to for years because he’s competent and he’s not going to lie about a sick dog!

It’s heartbreaking knowing that a large amount of money was paid to petland for a very sick puppy and their contract is full of unlawful statements which they make you sign that you are in agreement with, however they do not go into any detail of what they are actually making you sign. They withhold medical information which is both fraud and misrepresentation when they are selling a product that is supposed to be the best of the best. I’m sure as we do further research, we will find he’s not even registered and the dogs they show as parents are probably stock photos with no relation to the dog purchased! This is common practice for petland!

Go do all the research before even thinking about buying from petland! ACTUALLY DO NOT BUY! It’s a huge scam and I have tried my hardest to get vet visits covered or a refund and they do not budge. They give you the run around over and over hoping you will give up! If you are reading this and have had these issues or any others, please join with others to get petlands across the nation closed!

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I was extremely excited to purchase a ferret to spend the next 5-10 years with, and originally I wanted to buy from a breeder or shelter. Sadly there aren't any shelters or breeders near me, so I went to Petland to purchase a Marshall ferret. The ferret was extremely active, friendly, adorable, and I spent a few days visiting her to see if she was healthy. The fated day then arrived when I purchased her and took her home. When she arrived home, she was playful and just your typical ferret. I was in the process of bonding and training with her when, around three days after her purchase, she started acting strange. A lump formed on her neck and she began to sleep all day. She developed a fever and I took her immediately to the vet where they found an infected abscess that had been growing for a while now. I hadn't even had time to get myself pet insurance, and so the total cost of my visit plus medicine was over 1,400 dollars.

The doctor was honestly appalled at her condition and told me I should reach out to Marshall to be compensated for the vet bills. I did, and... what a surprise, Marshall covered nothing that a ferret could realistically be inflicted with. The only thing they might cover is a broken leg. If it's an infection that wasn't even your fault? Forget about it. Petland simply redirected me to Marshall when the ordeal honestly should have been their responsibility. They house these animals and ultimately take care of them in the weeks leading up to their adoption -- and so they should be aware of any afflictions that the animal may be suffering. I am starting to think that Petland might not be all that it's cracked up to be, as I also saw that some of the bearded dragons they had on display actually had degenerative bone disorders. I think my ferret will be alright for now, but it's disgusting that she had to go through this. She's only fifteen weeks.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I bought a dog For $7000. The whole time they’re telling me how important it is for me to have a crate in these things that come with the dog but the whole time they know they don’t have any crates and they told me I could go buy one after I spent $7000. I just wanted to share. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I made an appointment to see a dog that I had full intention of taking home. My appointment was confirmed and I drove 80 miles to Petland Rome. I told the sales person I was there for my appointment to see the female German Shepherd. She informed me they had no female German Shepherds. I understand all animals are on a first come basis, but I should have been notified before driving all the way out there. Poor treatment of what will now never be a customer.

Original review: July 7, 2021

I will try and keep this short and to the point. Approximately 6 weeks ago I lost a dog companion of 11 years. A week later while running errands I was surprised to see Petland was open on a Sunday evening. The time was 7:45. I stopped in and a family had just finished viewing a Mastiff pup. The sales person asked if I would like to see him and I said sure. A couple minutes later the associate said, "Do you want to buy him?" And I said, "You all will charge 6k for this dog." He checked and said for me the dog would be 5,500. At this point the store is closed so we have an audience. I said multiple times that I recently lost a dog and my wife was not ready to purchase another. The manager said I should put down $500 deposit to hold the dog. The store was closed at this point so no one would buy the dog until at least opening on Monday. Now I either have lost the $500 or I have to purchase from Petland.

Breeders handle non refundable deposits because they do not want potential clients to change their minds later and lose out on other sales. I called Petland the next morning and I do not even have the option to use the $500 for another animal or products in the store. How does it harm them to put the $500 towards something else in the store? I will never purchase anything for Petland again. If I purchase another dog it will be from a reputable breeder.

Original review: June 28, 2021

We lost our dog of 11 years and the silence in our home was deafening. After discussion, my spouse wanted a husky. Looking close to home (Florida) we found one. Unfortunately it was at Petland, which I thought was like PetSmart/Petland for dogs. We told the salesperson of our recent loss and (so we thought) was understanding. Not only did she lie about the dog being 3rd generation AKC registered purebred, but what he "came with".

In our emotional state, we purchased the dog. After getting home I noticed we were charged for what he "came with" (thought they were ringing the items to keep inventory). Looking into the paperwork further, the mother was not even registered and the dog had been neutered. After contacting the company, receiving a run around about how they were trying to "track down the mother". They kept the wheels spinning so the items were no longer able to be returned.

Make no mistake, this company uses false advertising and in our case emotional state to prey on people. From the salesperson on the floor all the way to the top this is a fraudulent business that should be closed for the sake of others. I only wish I checked on social media beforehand. Please do yourself a favor and stay away from these con artists.

Original review: June 17, 2021

Do not buy any Pets from Petland!! They sold us a sick puppy, and they are not even going to pay for any Vet costs! Petland is way overpriced. You will be stuck with a sick pet. Even the warranty they have is ridiculous, they give you five days to take your puppy to their Vet that they decided for you! If the vet doesn’t have an appointment during those 5 days period, your warranty is canceled, and they don’t tell you that you can ask for extension! This is the game they play so you’ll be stuck with Vet bills! Do not trust Petland. Especially the one in Las Vegas, NV.

Original review: June 14, 2021

My husband and I purchased a German Shepherd pup April 2021. He was 4 months old, beautiful and so perfect!! So we thought!! I had to justify in my mind such a cost $4000.00 for a puppy! But I have a child with special needs and we wanted to buy him for a service animal. Breeding him would have basically covered our cost for everything. It's quite expensive for training and upkeep of a dog like this. So we did it!! Within a week we took him to his vet appt. He was a little sick, nothing too bad, but...he also has hip dysplasia. So right off rip, forbidden to breed and told that he couldn't bear weight. Most likely would have to have hip replacements and this cost was just WOW! Not only was it horrible for us and the puppy, but because of his age, early intervention was already out the door.

We had the option of returning the dog. But what would have happened to him and would he have got a home or just been put to sleep. So now, we have filed a claim, we have tried to contact the store...nothing has happened at all. What the sad part is, is that this condition was directly passed from the parents. So this means Petland is falsifying their animals' medical histories and being AKC. That means at least 3 generations of information is being withheld. This is an outrage! The dog doesn't deserve it and the parents are being bred anyway. All for profit!!

This has to be stopped!! Please help me do that!! I want my puppy to have the best life possible, he didn't ask for this. To be here to be poked and prodded or displayed like a handbag at a store. And my son did not ask to just love him and have to put him through all this!! Petland, upon much research, apparently has been doing a lot more than this!! They have many suits for the dogs they sell. Many are sick and have conditions. Petland needs to be shut down!! These animals deserve better and responsible people, loving people, ONLY, should be allowed to even have them. They should not be allowed to breed sick dogs and sell them. Please help me STOP PETLAND!! Share your stories too!!

Original review: June 10, 2021

The dogs breeds are beautiful and workers are very helpful and make the experience enjoyable! Very clean and a very fun work environment. I will be sure to come back again soon, very happy with their service.

Petland Company Information