4.8/5 (82 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Petlab Co.

Petlab Co.’s objective is to keep pets thriving with supplements that support their health. While it has items for both dogs and cats, most of its products are for canines. Petlab’s prices are reasonable, with customers saving the most through its subscription service. The company is committed to using quality ingredients and provides free shipping on all orders.

Pros

• Subscriptions benefits
  • Free delivery
  • Quality ingredients

Cons

• Few cat products
  • Only unopened items are returnable

Bottom Line

Petlab offers various products for pet health and well-being. Delivery is free, but you can’t try an item risk-free, and there are only four cat items available. Subscribers get additional savings and perks.

Petlab Co. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petlab Co.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petlab Co.?

Original review: July 29, 2022

What we thought was anxiety with Ruby turned out to be ear mites. We just got it diagnosed this week so we don't know if the supplements have helped her. Her anxiety hasn't gotten any better because the ear mites were worrying her. I really wish that we had gotten her diagnosed earlier because she's about out of hers and I'm on the fence about whether or not to order anymore. For Gunnar, the elder dog, his coat might have improved a little bit but he is an older dog. But I'm extremely impressed that when I left feedback that wasn't positive, their guy called me and sent me supplement for the two dogs to try it and see how it worked. It let me know that they care. I would recommend that others try Petlab.

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for your feedback for the Probiotic Chews and Skin and Coat we are happy to hear they are working for another pup. We are so happy to have you in our Petlab Co family.

Thanks again!

PetLab Co

Original review: July 28, 2022

I heard about Petlab a few years ago. I'm a member of a few animal advocate groups and someone had mentioned that they started giving the supplements for the joints to one of their dogs. I have a dog that I rescued 10 and a half years ago. He was very badly abused. So he had bad joints. He’s a big dog. Before I tried it, I called Petlab customer service and had questions. I was delighted by the way the customer service handled everything. They answered all of my questions. They were wonderful and that had a big impact. After the first month, I saw a difference in him. I decided to go for a second month. I continued to see a difference. I got an email from the founder, asking me what I thought about the product and that impressed me. I decided to go on a subscription because it would be cheaper.

I graduated with their dental formula which has been amazing. I had questions about that and the packaging because I had ordered it from Amazon at one point when I ran out, and it came in a different packaging. It concerned me because of the imitations. I called Petlab and they were very quick to address that. I started using the dental formula, which has worked out amazing. Both of my dogs, for their ages, have amazing teeth and gum.

From there, they developed a probiotic. I give that to my oldest dog and he does wonderful on that. A few months ago, I had a big issue with the joint chews that were coming in because they were coming in all stuck together in one big glob and there was no way to pull them apart. Plus, they were not cheap at all. Especially, for the bigger dog, you have to give more than one. There are only 30 in a container.

I called them and they asked me to send them pictures. I sent them pictures and they immediately called me back and said there was obviously a problem with the packaging and/or the storage of it. They said that they would send me out replacements. They sent me out four jars of replacements, which was amazing. They're a really good company. Additionally, I spoke with my veterinarian about them because I never give anything to my dog that I don't check with my veterinarian first. At the time, he looked them up and he said, “This is a good company. Go ahead and use the product.” So that was good for me, too.

Hi Marietta,

Thank you for your feedback for the Joint Care Chews and Dental Formula we are happy to hear they are working for another pup. We are so happy to have you in our Petlab Co family.

Thanks again!

PetLab Co

Original review: July 13, 2022

I get probiotics from Petlab, and my dog seems fine with it. With how my dog reacts to it or how it helps her, it is worth it. She doesn't have GI problems as much as she had before. It's really helped her GI tract. It's beneficial for my dog. She has some unique problems and for her, it's really helped her a lot. She's not sick as often. Petlab's customer service reps are wonderful. They go out of their way to help me.

Hey There Cherly ,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Probiotic Chews are helping your pups and that they are improving and happy. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: June 28, 2022

I love the Joint Care Chews. It's done absolute wonders for our five-year-old Boxer whose CCL was really strained. He takes two chews a day and about two tubs in, I was like, "Man, he's not having to rest as much." And he's standing up longer. I've seen a tremendous difference with it. I'm happy.

Hi Jamie,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Joint Care Chews are helping your pup and that he is improving and happy. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: June 23, 2022

I was surprised when I got the stuff from Petlab that it was right down from Brodhead Road in Bethlehem. I bought the chewable probiotics for my Lhasa Apso and I watched as I gave it to him, but he was still getting a diarrhea and I lost him on Monday. Petlab told me not to send the probiotics back and they gave me my money back. I donated them to a friend of mine and they’re working well on her Springer Spaniel.

Hi Sherry,

We are deeply sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved pet.

Thank you for your feedback for the Probiotics we are happy to hear they are working for another pup.

All of the PetLab Co. team sends their deepest condolences to you and your family at this sad time. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: June 15, 2022

I accidentally ordered two extra bottles for my pet's stinky breath and I contacted them. They couldn't cancel it, but they were nice enough to give us half price on the order. When I got the order, one of the bottles was opened and had leaked all over everything. So, they sent me another bottle. Their customer service was very good. And my pet's breath doesn't stink, too. But the delivery could have come quicker. It was a week and a half and that was a little bit long.

Hi Ruth,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Dental Formula is helping your pup and that he is improving and happy. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: June 8, 2022

I bought the joint supplements, the probiotics, and an oil. I also got the paw balm for my pet's feet and I accidentally didn't know that I was on the subscription for that, so I kept getting that too frequently. I contacted Petlab, told them that I have too many already, and to please stop sending them. Other than that, everything's been working well and I would tell others to give them a try. They're not going to see results right away, but after a good five months, I started seeing my pet walking better, eating better, going to the bathroom better. And she doesn't look like she's in pain. She's very old already and I'm very happy with the results.

Hi Cystalina,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Probiotics are helping your pup and that she is improving and happy. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: May 28, 2022

You cannot go wrong with Petlab's joint chews if all your dog is having is just some mobility issues from arthritis. When I first started my Corgi, Jack-Jack, on the joint chews, he was still 13 and within three weeks, he was a whole new dog. He just turned 15 and he's feeling better now than he did two years ago. There was a dramatic improvement. He is running again, not just the little bunny hop he was doing, and he's lost eight pounds because he's able to move around so easily now.

This morning, Jack-Jack wanted his chew ‘cause that's his treat and he loves it. He looks for it. Every morning, he comes and licks me on the leg. It’s like, “I'm ready for my treat.” When I didn't give it, my husband happened to be sitting on the couch, reading something, and Jack-Jack went over to him, jumped up and put his paws on the couch. He hasn't been able to do that in years. This stuff works, and I have recommended it. I’ve got four friends giving their dogs joint chews now. It truly is a great product. I also tried the stuff you put in the water for their breath and their teeth, and that seemed to work, but I wasn't as diligent about it. I got the salmon bites one time, and I like those a lot too, but I don't get those on a regular basis.

I've been getting a subscription for the joint chews for a year, and the whole process is easy. I’m on automatic shipping now, and I really like that Petlab lets me know when it's coming and that I'm about to be charged for it. They’ve got their stuff down. When my order is on its way, I know to go to the mailbox right away to get them so they don't sit there.

Hi Catherine,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Joint Chew is helping Jack-Jack and that he is improving and happy. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: May 17, 2022

All their products are great. I purchased the dental formula and my dog's breath has gotten better. It was pretty easy to navigate their website and the delivery is usually pretty fast.

Hi Carolyn,

PetLab Co.

Original review: May 5, 2022

It's been a positive experience with Petlab. I got something for allergies and gut health from them. I have two toy poodles and a miniature Goldendoodle. The two toy poodles have been fine with the products I bought while the Goldendoodle has an allergic reaction to one of the products, but she's fine with the other product that I got. I would recommend Petlab.

Hi Rene,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Probiotic Chews are helping your pup and that he is improving and happy. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Petlab is a great company. If I ever had a problem with a product, they always got back to me. I purchased the probiotics, the itch chew, and the joints chew. The joints chew two has helped him a lot because he suffers from some problems with his back legs and probiotics help him because he’s always constipated. I find that he moves his bowels easier with the probiotics. Also, sometimes, he has allergies and the itch chew works sometimes.

Hi Alba,

PetLab Co.

Original review: May 3, 2022

My dog likes to jump a lot and I was concerned that he had injured himself or he was getting hip dysplasia. I decided to try the Petlab product to see if it would help. I've been using it for three months and my dog no longer limps. He's back to jumping as if there's no issue. But I had an issue with the first shipment where the chews were kind of stuck together and they were a little bit hard to get apart because of the molasses content in them. I contacted Petlab and I explained what my problem was. They sent me three more containers at no cost and the delivery came quickly.

Hi Beverly,

PetLab Co.

Original review: May 2, 2022

I had a great experience with Petlab. They were very good at doing what they said they'd do. There was never getting stuff later and not being charged properly. I really, really like the products that I was buying. I've hit some hard times financially. So I cancelled my subscription with them because I couldn't afford it. But I hate that I can't afford it because it really is helping my dog. He's on up in years. Their Probiotic Chew really made a difference in how he scratches and licks himself. He hardly does any of that now. But I've almost run out. They even gave me a half price discount on the last bottle I got, which was appreciated. But it was still expensive even then. It was still over $8.

I would highly recommend anybody to do business with Petlab because they were really good. They didn't have to give me that discount at the end when they knew I was going to drop my subscription but they did anyway. That was above and beyond. They were very gracious. They did try to help me find a way to afford it. But everything they offered was still more than I can afford right at that time. So I'm hoping I'll get my situation worked out to where I can go back to buy them.

Hi Judy,

PetLab Co.

Original review: April 23, 2022

I purchased the dental formula that you put in the water and also the Plaque Pro. It was really easy to order. I've been using the products for a couple of months now and they're starting to work, so I'm gonna keep it up. My pet's breath doesn't stink anymore and his teeth are getting whiter. The gums are starting to turn pink instead of dark brown. Petlab has helped tremendously.

Hi Laura,

PetLab Co.

Original review: April 22, 2022

We have five dogs. They're very fussy with their food. We have to buy a certain food for them. They were having the ear itch. I got the probiotics from Petlab and they were very good. They help my dogs. It's working. But I stopped purchasing it because it was a little bit expensive. They sent me an email about stuff and I told them about the cost. I also explained our situation. I'm currently on disability and my wife is the only worker in the household. But, they just offered the general deal and there was nothing that they did for me.

Hi Andrew

Original review: April 21, 2022

I immediately contacted Pet Lab Co. and did not get a response. After my third contact, the response was for me to take pictures and send them. As a senior citizen, I do not have the capability to do this. In investigating on the company website, it states that returns that have been opened cannot be returned. I was sent a product that was opened when I received it and I immediately notified them. I will not give my pet a product that may have been tampered with. The mailing address on the shipment is Chatanooga, TN. The online information is based in New York and ships from a warehouse somewhere else. Right now, I am sorry I did business with Pet Lab Co.

Hi Nancy,

We're saddened to hear that you’re unsatisfied with the quality of your received item. I've very sorry you've had this experience, and hope we can work together to make things right. We will be reaching out to you.

Sincerely, PetLab Co.

Original review: April 21, 2022

The Petlab rep was super nice on the phone and very helpful, too. Her customer service was above and beyond. I was having a password problem. I was expecting to call in and have my password reset. I was gonna go back online and finish it up. But she was so wonderful. She said, “I can just go ahead and do all this for you because I've already got it up. You don't have to log back in.” She definitely went through everything and made sure that the pricing and shipping was correct. Just really thorough.

Hi Melissa,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that we were able to provide you with a wonderful customer service experience . Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: April 20, 2022

It's been a very good experience with Petlab. I purchased their Probiotic Chew. I have a 19-month-old Boxer. She was flapping her ears and biting her feet. They said that could help relieve that and it did. However, the United States Postal Service ended up, for whatever reason, sending my product back. I contacted customer service at Petlab and they sent out a replacement right away.

Hi Trudi

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Probiotic Chews are helping your pup Boxer. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!!

Original review: April 14, 2022

I have a cocker spaniel that's been having some real itchy issues and what we've been trying to do with medications and that didn't seem to be working. Since I use Benefiber, I figured probiotics might work for him like it does for me. They're moist chews that he takes as a treat and doesn't have any problem with it and hasn't had any negative side effects. Everything is improving as far as his intestinal tract. They've been really good. They worked and he's a happy dog.

Hi Mary,

PetLab Co.

Original review: April 6, 2022

I used the probiotic supplements from Petlab for my dog and the liquid for their teeth. One dog is 11 years old, and she's got bad teeth and really bad breath. I used the product until it was gone. Try Petlab, too.

Hi Windie
We are very sorry to hear that you are not seeing the desired effects from using Dental Formula. We understand how important this is for you and your pet. Please note that it can take 2-3 months for some pets to show improvement. Please reach out to our Customer Care Team at thepetlabco.com/contact-us for additional assistance. Thank you for your feedback!

Sincerely, Petlab Co.”

Original review: April 5, 2022

The purchase process was a little longer than it should be especially when we ran out of the item one time because I didn't reorder quick enough. Other than that, we love the product so much. It's a little expensive but it's wonderful. It has totally fixed our dog. She was having all kinds of skin issues and she would lose her hair all the time and we couldn't stop it. We couldn't figure out what she was allergic to ‘cause we had her on a very basic raw diet. Not even a month into the probiotic, it started working and she has been awesome since.

Hi Carmen

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Probiotic Chews are helping your pup. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!!

Original review: April 3, 2022

On the first go-round, I ordered four bottles from Petlab. When they came in, they were all clumped together and they looked like they were really dry. I couldn't even get them out of the bottle without sticking a knife in there and kind of like breaking them up as best I could. I had reached out to Petlab and spoke to someone who was very apologetic and very helpful. He told me to take a picture of the lot number on the bottom of the container. I sent all that info and then instantly, he sent me another four bottles free of charge. Those ones still came in clumped together, but the quality of them looks fresh. They fell off fairly easily for the most part.

I have two Dobermans and one of them's four and one of them's about to turn 12. My 12- year-old has always been very energetic, but of late, you can see a difference in her quality of play. Since she's been on Petlab's product, her level of play is through the roof. I'm happy without a doubt. I was able to get her off of her medication. I'm hoping the next batch is smooth sailing. I've already recommended Petlab to a couple of friends.

Hi Jason

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that our customer service team was able to help. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!!

Original review: April 2, 2022

I get the Probiotic Chews for my dog because he is constantly licking and has allergies this time of year and his belly was all red. I was quite shocked that it actually worked. I noticed a huge difference because I had him on it and he had stopped completely licking and the redness. Then I missed a month of his subscription. I realized he was licking at his belly fat again, so I had put him back on it. It does wonders for him, so I'm really happy about it. When I went to add a second container, the price went from being $32, all the way up to 80 some dollars. I was like that doesn't make sense. I messaged Petlab and they immediately fixed it. It was great. Their customer service was spot-on.

Hi Meghan,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Probiotic Chews are helping your pup. We care greatly about our customers and are happy to hear you had a great customer experience. Please reach out to contact@thepetlabco.com should you need further assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: April 1, 2022

Customer service was wonderful. Our first purchase didn't come then I called them and it came after a week. I was really happy. I wanted the product because I wanted to try it and it worked. I love the Probiotic Chews. My dog is back to playing again. She's chasing her tail like dogs do, and she doesn't shake and scratch like she did. It's working wonders. My dog's ears also used to be completely full of wax. Every other day, it would be full and I had to clean her ears out, but I haven't seen this much. I plan on ordering other stuff.

Hi Jean,

Original review: March 31, 2022

Petlab answered any concerns I had, and they were very quick to respond. It was just a good experience. I have two German Shepherds, and the one that I got the product for had itchy skin and was scratching constantly. I was looking for some relief for him, and I got the Itch Relief and he did great on it.

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Itch Relief Chews are helping your pups. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

Original review: March 31, 2022

I've used Petlab's product in the past, and I'm pretty content with it. We have a 12-year-old Pekingese and a 14-year-old beagle. Our beagle tore both her ACLs in her rear legs, and we've been doing physical therapy. We started using the Joint Care Chews on her, and within the past month and a half of using it, she's been moving more freely. Meanwhile, our Pekingese is old and she doesn't like to move that much. We've been using the Joint Care product on her as well, and she seems to be a bit more peppier in her steps. We've also been noticing that when we started using the skin and hair chews on her, she's not scratching and gnawing at herself as much. We enjoy using Petlab. They are quick in their turnaround time from ordering, so I haven't had any issues. We're looking into the dental drops that go in the water and ordering some of that in the future.

Hi Roger,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Joint Care Chews and Skin & Coat Chews are helping your pups. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: March 30, 2022

I found the probiotics 'cause my German Shepherd, Jethro, had been itching and itching. He didn't start itching like this until after I started him on a certain flea and tick medication brand. I stopped that and we went back to the regular heartworm and sleep stuff. However, the itching didn't stop right away because I didn't realize that it might be the flea and tick medication that was causing it. I started him on the probiotics, which made sense. He doesn't eat poop in the summertime, but he eats frozen poop in the winter. I knew he was not getting something he needed and I'm on what is a pretty good dog food for him. So, I didn't know if it was chicken allergies and I was getting something with no chicken product in it. It just continued.

I got Jethro one Cytopoint injection, but I had him on the Petlab probiotics and I had just also ordered the skin and coat chews for him. Now, he is starting to lick and bite at his feet a little. Nothing like what it had been, and he is so much happier. I should have waited with the Cytopoint injection, so now I can't contribute it to just the Cytopoint injection, the Petlab stuff or a combination. Even before Cytopoint though, on the probiotics, I noticed his appetite was more normal for him and I noticed that change right away. German Shepherds are fussy eaters and before, he had been doing really well, then all of a sudden, he doesn't like to eat this or that food. Overall, Petlab has been wonderful.

I had a package that came open in the mail. When I screwed off the top, there was no seal on the bottle. I thought, "Oh, here we go," because customer service is huge for me, and normally, you just don't find it anywhere. The guys were very responsive and there were no questions asked. "Absolutely. Just send us a photo. We'll send you another package." It was amazing. I would absolutely recommend Petlab in a heartbeat.

Petlab Co. response

Hi Wendy- Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Probiotic chews are helping Jethro. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!!

Original review: March 25, 2022

I tried Petlab and it turned out fairly beautiful for me and my dog. I got the Probiotic Support, Joint Care, and Skin & Coat. My dog was itching a lot, scratching, and losing hair. In the first week or two that I used Petlab, I started seeing a change in him. He stopped itching and his hair grew back. Things cleared up and he's back to his old self again. He's been in on Petlab for about a month now and they have done a great job. It works miracles for the animal. Our experience was fairly pleasant and I'm so happy that I got those products.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Probiotic Chews, Skin & Coat Chews, and Joint Care Chewsare helping your pup. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: March 24, 2022

We had a major problem when we first got the product. It had frozen and exploded, and Petlab was great. They replaced the whole thing for us. The ordering process was super simple and the second order just got shipped. Petlab is expensive but it's worth it.

Hi Michelle,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We care greatly about our customers and are happy to hear you had a great customer experience. Please reach out to contact@thepetlabco.com should you need further assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: March 18, 2022

Shipments show up on time. There were a lot of problems early with the website application because it seemed like I had two accounts going and Petlab Co. said, "Oh, you ordered from this account, but we're sending it from this account." That was a crazy way to do things. So, it wasn't consistent in a single operation, but they do business the way they do business. We also had some issues with some quality control in our shipment a couple of times ago, but they made up for it. I told them, I sent them pictures. They sent me a replacement order. And the order since has been the same quality we were used to. So all in all, it's good. Our dog needed something that would help her joints. We tried different things and Petlab seemed to help the most. She's doing well. She's nine years old. And we think she's got it under control. She hasn't been limping for a couple of months. So, the long term benefit is there.

Hi David,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Joint Care Chews are helping your pup.

We are very sorry you've had this experience previously. We care greatly about our customer and are happy to hear you had a great customer experience. Please reach out to contact@thepetlabco.com should you need further assistance. Thanks again!

Petlab Co. Company Information