Kirkland Pet Foods

Compare Dog Food

Research top Dog Food recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been feeding my dogs Kirkland Weight Management (grey bag) dog food for a few months now. My female dog started putting on weight, so I cut back the amount she given. Over the past week she a dog that hadn't had an accident in the house since she was about 6 months old suddenly had 3 very large accidents in the house. Her breathing became labored. She became very lethargic. Next she started vomiting water & white foam. She was drinking a lot of water but it wouldn't stay down & she stopped eating.

I took her to the vet yesterday 12 days before she would turn 7 & when they ran the blood work they said she was diabetic, anemic, her kidney function & levels were low & that she also had pancreatitis. My poor baby girl had to be put down before turning 7 & when I got home my male threw up & has since been throwing up bile & foam. My vet bill for my girl was $465 & I couldn't save her. I'm pulling the rest of the food & trying something different for my male. Hopefully it's not too late for him??? Someone needs to be held responsible if the food they're selling is causing all these medical issues, vet bills & deaths for us loving pet owners.

I have been a loyal Costco shopper since they established in Las Vegas, NV. I rescued our German Shepherd, Bosco, when he was just 9 months old. I fed him Kirkland's Lamb & Rice from the day I brought him home in 2005 until March 2016. As he got older he was not running with me anymore and started to get heavy. He also ate extremely fast. I was advised by a breeder/trainer to put him on a diet, so I switched him to Costco's Nature's Domain grain free (red bag) and used a maze bowl to slow down his food consumption. By July his weight was down substantially. I thought the diet was working.

In the months that followed he began eating entire plants in the backyard with roots and all. Then he began having diarrhea constantly. On October 31st, he stopped eating, could not hold anything down and became lethargic. On November 2nd we lost him. He had a massive tumor in his abdomen, was bleeding internally and did not have any remaining platelets in his blood. Bosco had just had a clean bill of health in July. He was strong, smart and the best friend anyone could ask for. Although he was almost 12 years old, We thought Bosco had a couple more years left in him. His passing was so unexpected and has left us devastated.

Our other German Shepherd, Aspen, is about 2 years old. Before we adopted her, she had been abused by previous owners, which caused us to think that her vomiting and persistent diarrhea was due to a combination of her anxiety. Sometimes, she will go multiple days without eating, which we have noticed more frequently since Boscos death. We assumed that she has been depressed since she is also not as playful as she used to be when Bosco was around. I can't help but think that she has been trying to tell us something this whole time. After reading these other reviews, each sharing similar experiences with Nature's Domain, I feel tremendous regret for not seeing the signs sooner. I will be switching dog foods immediately, but wonder if, had I done so earlier, Bosco might still be here today.

Hey people wake up. The dry dog food you giving your dogs is spoiled... Why because these stores do not rotate their food, they don't sell the food fast enough it just sits. I had the same issue with my 2 dogs… Buy your food from a pet store, Petland Discounts, etc… They sell the food faster it does not sit in the warehouse in the heat!!!

Our German Shepherd has been eating Kirkland Nature's Domain Salmon kibble for approximately 1 year with no issues. He is an EPI dog (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency) which in a nutshell means his pancreas does not produce the enzymes necessary to digest food, therefore, he must have a pancreatic enzyme supplement with each feeding.

We opened a new bag of Nature's Domain a few days ago, and our dog started getting the runs right away. At first I didn't connect it to the new dog food bag because this dog's digestive system can be sensitive, but now my suspicions are leaning in that direction because it's the only different thing that happened with his diet. By last night he had huge amounts of mucous diarrhea and mucous vomiting multiple times. This is extremely unusual for him. I am wondering if anyone else in Ontario Canada has experienced anything similar with Nature's Domain/Costco dog kibble? Mine was purchased at the Oshawa, Ontario store.

Five of my dogs have been on Kirkland Natures Domain salmon and sweet potato for at least 6 years. Two of my dogs have horrible allergies (I'm talking ear infections monthly, skin infections monthly, etc). After I switched from an allergy free food that cost $100 for a 30 lb bag to Natures Domain salmon, we had no more skin or ear infections! The ONLY concern I have ever had was three of my older dogs seemed to develop fatty lumps all at the same time, but that could just be a coincidence because of their age.

As we all know, dogs get sick sometimes, but if your dog or cat has been on a food for several years with no issues and all of a sudden gets diarrhea/vomiting, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it's their food right away. I've had a bag of this food before give all my dogs diarrhea, I chalked it up to "it's probably a bad batch," took the bag back for a refund and got a few other bags with a different batch number.

It happens. It's dog food and is not as highly regulated like human food. I love this food for my dogs. It's affordable and VERY comparable to other high quality expensive dog foods like Natural Balance, Wellness etc. I buy 3 bags a month; I have purchased HUNDREDS of bags of this dog food and I will continue to do so. I highly recommended it, especially for allergy dogs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kirkland Pet Foods?

I was both relieved and alarmed when my google search for "allergies to Kirkland dog food" resulted in this page! I had a hunch it was this particular food that was causing our lab's issues and after reading everyone's posts, I am very concerned. My dog has been suffering with a sudden onset of food allergies for about 6 weeks now - vomiting but mostly really bad diarrhea. We have been with the vet, running tests, on the phone, trying everything we could think of to solve this issue. Previously, my 8 yr. old lab ate everything and anything - no issues.

After putting him on home cooked chicken and rice for a while, it cleared up so we slowly started to introduce his foods - but the diarrhea always returned. We had not only the Lamb and Rice kibble, but also the combo cans of Lamb and Rice and Chicken and Rice wet food... Both by Kirkland AND the Kirkland Dog biscuits. The only combination that has stopped our dog's diarrhea was to take him off ALL Kirkland products as the symptoms continued after we stopped the kibble and wet, but still gave him the biscuits. Our only conclusion is that ALL the products are tainted. I'm with Jeff - Costco needs to make this right.

I've had my 2 year old on the same dog food from Costco since he was a baby. Starting early September 2016, he started experiencing vomiting, diarrhea, convulsions, and lethargy. Spent over 2k on testing, everything came back normal. Switched him off this stuff and within 24 hours he was better. The dog food for August and September 2016 is bad. There's nothing wrong with it as there are hundreds of the same bad reviews.

We have been feeding Kirkland Natures Domain dog food (blue bag) for a few years with no issues. This past month (October 2016), it started giving two of our three dogs horrible digestive issues. We took them off of it after a few days of explosive diarrhea 3-5 times a night and throughout the day. It would pour out of them and they lost a few pounds. $150 in vet bills doing stool samples and exams. The vet said one other person had been in complaining of issues with the same food in the past week. We switched to a chicken and rice diet and the digestive issues cleared up immediately, aside from my dogs poor raw butt. We took the half used bag and another full bag back to Costco and were refunded in full. Never buying this junk again. Beware.

My 7 year old Westie was on the same food his whole life but we decided a few months ago to give Kirkland food a shot since we love all of their products. The first bag was the Salmon Flavor, and we had no issues so we bought another bag of Kirkland, this time Turkey Grain Free. Within a week or 2 of him starting it he started throwing up and having Diarrhea. It has progressed over the last week and a half and he hasn't eaten even one bite of food in 8 days and he drinks very little water. He barely walks now. I returned the Costco food and bought him his old food but he's still not eating. I have tried giving him everything I can think of, things he usually goes crazy for.

I have been to the vet 3 times in 7 days and have been given 4 different medications. I had a blood test done and it came back normal. They said the next step is ultrasound, but honestly I can't afford that, I am already $700 in the hole and have gotten nowhere. Has anyone had the same situation where they had a blood test come back normal and then get the ultrasound and were able to find something out that way? Maybe my little guy has the same thing and I can suggest it to my vet to try to treat it. I just feel so bad, my poor young dog is dying right in front of me and I can't help him. I hope Costco pulls this food off the shelves so it doesn't poison any more dogs who still had years to live their lives.

My 9.5 year old Great Dane had been eating Kirkland Lamb and Rice for 6+ years without any issues. On 9/27/2016 I purchased another 40lb bag at Costco in Laguna Niguel CA (Cabot location). Within 2 days he had diarrhea really, really bad. Prior to this he had not been ill for at least 5 years. I started him on a rice and boiled chicken diet and after 7 days he was back to normal. On the 8th day I mixed in 1 cup of Kirkland Lamb and Rice (same bag) and within 10 minutes the diarrhea started again.

There is no way this is a coincidence. When I visited the store and inquired, and requested a refund, I received a blank stare. No apology, no refund, no solace. I was going to chalk this up to simply a bad batch of dog food but I'm petrified after reading all the VERY recent posts on not just the lamb and rice, but the grain free food as well. COSTCO - we ask, do the right thing. Audit the makers and suppliers of your pet food. There are just too many instances for this to be a coincidence! Is it going to take a child to accidentally ingest for you to do something?! #petlivesmatter #Ducati #wakeupCOSTCO

I have 3 dogs on the Kirkland Natures Domain and occasionally the lamb and rice. They have been on it their entire lives. In September my cats who are on the Kirkland maintenance cat food and my 3 Labradors all refused to eat... The dogs were on the Natures Domain Yellow bag at the time. One of my dogs has never recovered. He stopped eating and drinking, going on 4 weeks now. I have had him to the College and a private Vet, no abnormalities. He just will not eat and drinks little. IV fluids and some bits of chicken and ground beef occasionally. I am trying to nurse him along but he is not improving. After reading these reviews and some outside stories, I would STOP FEEDING KIRKLAND pet foods.

I am not sure what caused this to happen to my beautiful, healthy 6 year old dog?I Switched to Victors per my breeder and the other two are doing great. I shop at Costco... but I am totally out on the Pet food. I did a formal inquest with Costco and they just say that there are no other problems etc, etc but after reading this blog I think they are lying.

After reading all of these reviews I'm just feeling terrible now. My dog was on a higher end dog food or home cooked dog food for about the first 6-7 years of her life, but we then switched to the Kirkland brand Nature's Domain. She primarily got the chicken or turkey blend. Right before she turned 9 she had a vet emergency and was eventually diagnosed with a liver tumor. I was able to sustain her miraculously for 3.5 more years using mostly homemade food and natural medicine.

But now, I'm sitting here thinking about my cats who were also primarily on Kirkland brand cat food and they both ended up dying from kidney failure within about a year of each other. It seems hard to believe that all of this is just a coincidence, especially with the cats. They were all more elderly at the time but in retrospect they really started going more downhill after starting the Kirkland foods. They both got very skinny which at the time I just attributed to getting older but one of my cats was formerly overweight so it was much more noticeable. I only switched to this food with the increase in our family size over the years and the expense of the other foods I was previously purchasing. Plus, I've liked other Kirkland brand products and it was just easier to get the pet food while making a trip to Costco for other food items.

If it was in fact the food that caused my pet's health to decline well before it otherwise would have and also cost me thousands of dollars in vet bills, I'm going to feel awful. I wish there was a way for me to know for sure but with all of these other reviews and links to this food, I find my own story way too 'coincidental.' It's hard to believe that it wouldn't be related to this food. This just makes me feel terrible and so sad.

On same food for years, he is 3 now, no prior issues. This last Aug, Sept 2016, and even after switching food, testing done food allergies switched to numerous kinds foods, still same issue. Is there any good food for food allergies???

We were feeding our Lab Kirkland's Nature's Domain Grain Free Turkey and he began getting very ill. After spending $500 at the vet to learn they could not find a problem with him, we switched his food and he has been great. Now we are watching my daughter's dog who has been profusely vomiting for 4 days only to learn the food she left with us is the same food! She has also spent $500 on vet bills to find "nothing wrong". Is Costco trying to kill our dogs? Why aren't they recalling this product and warning people?

To start with, my cats hate this cat food. They like everything, but I have to trick them to eat it. Today, the wet food had a large, about 2 inch by 1 inch piece of plastic in it! This is horrifically unacceptable.

Unbelievable that COSTCO has allowed this horrific situation to continue for what looks like almost a year, without warning customers/issuing an immediate recall and responding at the very last with an offer to reimburse vet bills and compensation for emotional distress and the loss of a beloved pet. This is an appalling example of more corporate greed. One person mentioned that in Europe, the company would have been shut down, at least until it was inspected. America is under corporate rule. My little Maltese whom I rescued a few months ago, had the dry heaves several times weekly. Then the vomiting began. Watery eyes, with discharge. Yesterday she vomited up lots of bile. I got online and this page popped right up. I wondered why she always seemed to eat the Kirkland food very reluctantly. Our dog do know this nasty, fatal secret. Class action, anyone?

I purchased the Sweet Potato and Turkey Nature's Domain from our Costco in October. I did not feed it to my 4-year-old yorkie mix until April of 2016. She was on Nature's Choice most of her life and did great on it. However, it was getting a little pricey because we went from a double income to a single income, and I generally love Kirkland products. After researching the ingredients, I went ahead and gradually mixed it into her diet. She was a healthy, pampered, well-exercised, very loved dog. One evening in May, a couple hours after eating her dinner, she started screaming/yelping, and came running down the stairs. We thought she might have been electrocuted because of the way she was seizing, eyes bloodshot and bulging out of her head. We drove straight to the emergency vet and she died in the car on the way there, about 15 minutes later.

At the vet, as we were saying our goodbyes, our 6-month-old schnauzer mix puppy threw up a large semi-solid chunk of food. We don't feed him Nature's Domain but he is a fanatical eater and steals food away from our dog any chance he gets. And that night, he got into the pantry and went to town. We thought the vomit might have been from the stress of the situation. Then that night he peed in the middle of our bedroom (he hadn't had an accident since he was 3 months old) and was acting a bit strange. Again, just thought it was the stress. Then the next morning around 5 am, he threw up again - this time watery vomit. I took him out to go potty and when he came inside he began seizing too. We rushed him to the vet and they were able to get his seizing under control but they continued every couple of hours for 3 days. We were so hopeful he would make it.

After paying over $3000 in vet bills, he died from the after effects of the seizing. His lungs had filled up with liquid and he was struggling to breathe. He drowned to death in his own body. For the longest time we could not figure out what had happened. We went through every single substance in our home and neighborhood along our daily walk path with a veterinary toxicologist and found nothing. The multiple vets we saw all agreed it was something they ate but there was NOTHING out of the ordinary about that day. Our cat was fine and although she loves dog food, she would never touch the Kirkland dog and stopped eating the Kirkland cat food after about a week of finicky eating. Now we know why.

DO NOT FEED THIS TO YOUR ANIMALS. It took us 3 and a half months to finally figure out it was the food, even though it's so obvious now. I was blinded by the fact that I love Costco and trusted that they have high quality standards for their products. People need to know and someone needs to be held accountable for killing my babies.

I just wanted to say that I have fed my dogs the lamb & rice as well as the mature brand for years and never had a problem. My last three dogs lived to be 11, 12 and 12 1/2 years and all past away due to old age. I have fed all my cats the Kirkland premium as well as the feral cats & kittens and no problems. I got on this site because I was going to change the dog's food to grain free, but looks like I'll stick to what's working well at the present. I will say that my neighbor did buy her dogs the salmon and sweet potatoes brand and her three dogs are no longer with us today.

We fed my 7-year-old Golden Retriever Nature's Domain food consistently for six years. I opted for the food based on Costco's reputation, the manufacturer and content. Two months ago, she stopped eating it very suddenly. She tried different flavors and finally two weeks ago, stopped eating the food again. She could barely walk and would only lay on the rug in our hall. Normally, she's a typical Golden and is bouncing off the walls. We rushed her to the vet to find out - after extensive testing - that she has acute renal failure and will now have to be on a modified diet and medicine for the rest of her life. She's only 7 and has been in great health prior to this incident. Our vet said he believes the damage is most likely due to her food. She never snacked and largely an inside dog. By process of elimination, we've determined it was Nature's Domain as it's the only thing she eats.

It breaks my heart to know that I opted to feed her food that put her in pain and compromised her life. I have formally complained to Costco and Diamond Pet Food. I don't know if that will do any good. But, I feel like I need to share my experience with others so they know what they may encounter if they feed their pets this food. I'm very disappointed as I've always trusted Costco to deliver quality goods. It's worth exploring other food options, especially if you want your pet to life a healthy and fulfilling life.

After moving to Phoenix, we decided to switch our three standard poodles to Kirkland's dog food from Canidae. Prior to switching our dog's health was impeccable! Only 2 months after switching to Kirkland, our two females went for their physical and their liver enzymes were off the charts. Two days later, our 2.5 year old female was found dead in the back yard. The only thing we have done differently was switch them to Kirklands. We are having a necropsy done, if the food is associated in any way I will be going to the media.

We switched to this two years ago and within three months our dog's saliva turned brown and stained his fur and everything he touched. After taking him off this within three months it cleared up again. He also had a cancerous lump removed from his tongue during this period. Could be coincidence but with the brown staining we wonder. Be very cautious using this product.

Had my 9 year old lab die from liver failure and within 6 weeks my 8 year old cat died from the same thing. Only thing in common was feeding them Kirkland Brand. Premium Maintenance Cat Food and Nature's Domain Salmon and Sweet Potato Dog Food. Needless to say we are throwing away the remaining food since two of our dogs have survived this. We don't want to take any chances. Our vet agreed to submit a letter to Costco, if they get enough complaints they will have to investigate.

A few years ago I had an issue with Kirkland Signature Weight control blend bought at the Costco in Eugene, OR after years of feeding bags of it bought from a Costco in Independence, MO. My lab mix started drinking excessively, his urine became dark and eventually blood started showing up in it. He had a severe UTI which is very rare for a neutered male to get. After some research, I discovered that Kirkland dog foods commonly cause this. I stopped feeding it and switched to Blue Buffalo Healthy Weight and he immediately stopped overdrinking and became a lot better. Again, these are the symptoms/issues he displayed: overdrinking, excessive urination, producing little urine, dark urine, blood in urine, anxiety/distress.

Fast forward a few years later... I recently decided to try out Kirkland's Nature's Domain Salmon & Rice dog food, hoping that this "high quality" version of their food would end in better results. My parents feed their dog this brand, again bought from the Independence, MO Costco, and haven't had any issues. I bought my bag from a Costco in Eugene, OR. At first, my dog didn't even want to eat it- he's a lab, so he RARELY refuses to eat. Then when he got hungry enough, he developed these issues: regurgitation: spitting up his food, overdrinking, "gulping" and "hiccupping", hacking (almost like a cat does before it hacks up a hairball), high pH levels in urine.

I took him to the vet and they ran a full blood panel and took several radiographs, then put him on ** and ** to ease his digestion. The only abnormality in his lab work were high pH levels in his urine indicating that we were headed towards another UTI. I voiced my concern about his food to the vet, and the vet told me that high pH levels in urine caused by food can mean that the quality of meat in the food is very low. Dogs and cats are carnivores, so low-quality meat (with low protein) can cause bladder issues and the Kirkland food most likely had low-quality meat.

When I tried to slowly switch him off of the Kirkland food by mixing it with Blue Buffalo, he LITERALLY picked around the Kirkland food. He wouldn't touch it! Again, if you know labs you know they're pigs and this is very unusual behavior. So not only was it making him sick, but he HATED it. Normally I LOVE Kirkland brand products, but their dog food is not up to their normal standards. Lesson? Costco's Kirkland dog food might be cheaper but will likely cost you SO much more in vet bills.

Ok I'm shocked to see bad reviews on these items. I have been a boarding kennel owner operator for years. First I'll start out saying that My loved Staffordshire terrier Tara ate Costco Lamb and Rice, the dark green bag for years. She lived to be 18 years old. My vet said she forgot to die! My Pomeranian (someone never picked up from my kennel) was on Kirkland lamb and rice and his groomer told me I should put him on small breed Natural balance dry food. I thought maybe I should. He was only 10 pounds. In 24 hours he had a full blown allergic reaction. Ran him to the vet in the middle of night. His intestines were swollen... after 1500.00 bill, x-rays, and an overnight stay, I asked Dr. ** what do I feed this little guy. HE SAID "COSTCO LAMB & RICE." I said "You're kidding me." That is the only thing I will feed him. The reaction was 7 years ago no problem since.

I carry Costco lamb and rice dry dog food for dogs that have no food dropped off with them. No upset tummies!!! And they eat it. I use it to test a dog's health if they are not eating. They gobble it down 99% of the time!!! If they don't eat the dry, I put a tablespoon of the wet lamb and rice and if they don't eat that I watch them close. Luckily that rarely happens. I would be lost without these products!!! Also when I need to get a dog to take a pill all I have to do is make a small ball of wet lamb and rice from the can and they eat it right down. It's used to get a dog to start eating food brought from home. They can be a bit sad at first missing home and won't eat their own food from home and they gobble it down with a tablespoon of the wet Costco lamb and rice.

Notice I mention mostly lamb and rice canned cause the chicken & rice I'm very careful about using cause a lot of dogs are allergic to Chicken. Before I use it I make sure I find out if they are allergic to chicken from their owners. Ok that's all about this WONDERFUL product. Also all the venison, salmon, rabbit dog food are for dogs later in life after they develop worse allergies which tends to happen as dogs get older. If they can't handle the beef or chicken the next to try is LAMB and rice... that is my 2 cents worth. I've seen so many kinds of dog food... Costco Signature Lamb & rice has NEVER caused me a problem.

I write this with a heavy heart. June 30, 2016 My husband and I had to put our 10 year Dachshund Dottie to sleep due to Congestive heart failure and organ failure. I found these reviews too late. We live in Arizona. Back in April my husband and I purchased Kirkland Signature Salmon dog food for our 2 dogs. Dottie (mentioned above) and Nash our 8 year old Ridgeback Hound mix. Both of these dogs were extremely healthy and had gotten a clean bill of health from their Vet checks in Jan. About 10 days after eating the food is when we started to notice them getting ill. At first we thought it was due to us putting fertilizer down in our backyard for summer grass. We would remove them from the food, give them boiled chicken or beef and rice. They would get better then return to being ill. Dottie much worst than Nash. I believe because she was smaller.

We did everything we could think of besides chasing their food to help them. Nash was still lethargic and not as active but eating. Dottie would only eat the food if we doctored it up. Even then we had to force feed her but she resisted. We should have known better. We went as far as having our carpets and tile professional cleaned by a non chemical using company to help make her better. Nothing worked. We washed all their bedding with new sensitive laundry detergent. We changed their bathing shampoos to natural organic. Everything but changing the food. We are fools. Dottie went from being able to do my 5k runs with me to not leaving her bed or coming downstairs. The vet checked her for parasites, worms but nothing showed up. She was in organ failure. She finally was breathing so badly we took her in to find out she was literally drowning from the fluid in her lungs from congestive heart failure. All this happened within 2 months time.

We had to make the devastating call of putting our sweet Dottie who was my service dog to sleep. I am going to Costco today to file a complaint and to start to seek justice. We must speak for those whom can not speak for themselves. I will be also going to the BBB and filing a complaint there as well. We must stand up and allow justice to prevail and make this stop! Nash is on different food and doing much better - thank you Lord. But only because I researched new food for him and I ran across these reviews. It was too late. I hope no one else has to experience what I did seeing my Dottie struggling to breathe and live.

This food made both our Corgi's extremely ill. They were both vomiting and having diarrhea. One is barely eating at this point. The only change we've made is to this brand about a week ago, specifically the beef and sweet potato batch purchased at Costco at the end of June 2016. Both dogs are nine months old and were healthy prior to the change to this dog food. I don't normally post reviews, but please beware of this brand. Our sweet boys are having a terrible time, and now they have to go on their least favorite trip - to the vet. I just hope they're going to be okay. Save your dog and buy anything else.

I switched my 6-month-old puppy to the Nature's Domain Turkey Meal & Sweet Potato grain free as a slightly cheaper option for grain free food. She did well after her first bag (about a month of use) so I bought a second bag. After about a week/10 days after starting the new bag, she began to refuse to eat this food (would eat other food) and then about 13 days after starting this food, she began vomiting and having diarrhea. Took her to vet (other dog who's on diff food also refusing to eat and having issues) and while we discovered a parasite, vet still had concern food may be an issue exacerbating things.

I will NOT be feeding her any more of this and will be throwing out the rest (nearly a full bag) and going back to the brand she was previously on. Like others, I'm very concerned about the GI issues that seemed to start just after I opened this new bag. I reported to manufacturer but have not yet heard back - but I reported just before I posted this review.

My son's dogs and our dogs are related but live in two different homes. During the same period of time our dog became violently sick from Kirkland dog bones. He experienced four days of shuddering, like a seizure and had us so concerned for the pain he was going through that we consider having him put down. Our son's dog had the same experience and after $1,000 of veterinary cost all they could point a finger at was Kirkland dog food. Note: I know my next statement is going to upset most of you readers; nevertheless, I strongly believe it true.

As for Costco: They're not the real players in this hazardous game, which has already caused pets eating Kirkland brand to die, and with a dog population in the U.S. into the millions, we can safely assume that the end result of casualties and sick pets could be 100,000s. As for Kirkland: Yes just the simple fact that Kirkland Markets this product; by Law this establishes their endorsement of said product, making them liable in a Court of Law. The Manufacturer: Diamond Pet Foods, Inc. and Schell and Kampeter, Inc. They are the real criminals/culprit; And the only way to cure this problem is for those injured parties of dogs which have subdued to dog heaven, to get off their behind, stand-up and be heard in a Court of Law. Manufacturers and owners listed below. Who to Blame: Hang on to your skirts boys. Yes I meant (skirts!) because today's passive, indolent, lazy, indifferent American society is where the blame honestly lays.

I lived in Italy for eleven years and if this incident were to occur in Italy, for that Matter in all of Europe, the public would be knocking at the manufacturers door demanding a complete shut-down production and the manufacturers would. The difference, quite simply, Europeans stand up for their right unlike Americans who procrastinate and have no real power to force these companies to shut-down.

Kirkland dog food is produced by Diamond Pet Foods, Inc., a company owned by Schell and Kampeter, Inc., according to Dog Food Insider. The pet food is a private label brand produced for Costco.

I have had the exact experience of others. My Lab was used to the Salmon, then we started her on Turkey, then she started puking up, until it was only bile for about 6 days! She stopped eating her food (poison) on about day 2. We thought she ate 'something else weird' so we're just waiting for her to get better. She felt ill and was lethargic and dying actually. Then on day 6 my husband gave her some other dog food and she ate it fine and has been getting better FAST.

I brought the poison back to Costco yesterday and started telling my story and they were wanted to bring me to a place where their other customers would not hear me. I told them, I think I should tell EVERYONE--ask. Their dog could also be sick! They said they would fill out a form and sent it to head office. Big deal. I saw another bag of the same dog food on the returns shelf. I asked why that was brought back. The guy wouldn't answer me. I have been researching this and it looks like it's a bad batch. How many dogs have to die before they will recall it! A vet called me from the company to ask me further questions and I have been trying all day to call him back but their line has been busy. :(

I recently ordered 2 bags of Kirkland Signature Nature's Domain Dog Food (turkey flavor) from Jet.com. While I didn't notice anything visibly wrong with the first bag, my dog threw up a few times which was unlike him since he's been fed Nature's Domain for 2 years. He also developed swelling in his nose which is being treated by antibiotics as a sinus infection, but the vet said it could be much worse. Last evening I opened the second bag and it was FILLED with mold (see pictures). I don't think it's a coincidence that my dog got sick after a few days of eating this food that came from Kirkland. I'm praying that this can be fixed with some medicine.

After contacting Costco, I expected them to take the matter seriously as many other family pets could be affected. However, I only got a snide email telling me to contact Jet, as if it was Jet's problem. This is fully a Kirkland problem as they are the manufacturer. So not only am I furious about feeding my dog harmful fungi, I am extremely disappointed with the way Costco has chosen to handle (or not handle) the situation. Be warned!

Kirkland Pet Foods Company Profile