3.8/5 (79 ratings)
Find a Dog Food partner

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Kirkland Pet Foods

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Kirkland Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kirkland Pet Foods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kirkland Pet Foods?

Original review: March 5, 2022

We have a rescue ranch in Texas with 30-40 dogs onsite (in addition to 6 of our own) and we have been feeding Kirkland's Nature's Domain food to our own dogs for several years and also the rescue dogs for the past year (Beef - yellow bag, Salmon - blue bag, and Small Breed Salmon - pink bag, plus the canned food - red can); we do not feed our dogs chicken at all). We have recommended this food to all of our adopters and have loved being able to provide what we considered to be high quality food for the price. Everything was fine until it wasn't. Over the past month our dogs started getting REALLY sick--terrible vomiting and diarrhea (and many others that were not physically sick would not eat their food at all and trust me these dogs live to eat so that was incredibly unusual). We do not ever change foods or allow any food or treats from the outside so we quickly suspected it was something with the food.

We took several of the dogs to the vet to rule out anything else and test results came back negative. When we stopped feeding the Kirkland brand the issues immediately stopped. I returned everything and filed an incident report but have not heard back from anyone and have seen nothing on social media or anywhere about this issue which is horrifying. I believe if I just had 1 dog and this happened, I wouldn't have thought it was related to the food--but with this many dogs it was clear something was really wrong. I'm worried that dog owners just won't know about this. I'm not sure what the root of the issue is with the food but I can guarantee that I will never buy this food again and will NOT be feeding it to any of our dogs!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

We switched our German Shepherds to Kirkland primarily because of the cost. They are now eating Kirkland Mature dog. We were worried that they might not like it, but it has extra glucosamine which helps their joints, and they seem to like it better than their previous kibble. Bonus! They're happy, we're happy!

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

The dogs love it and the brand has enough different flavors to mix it up for them. One of the more healthier dog food brands as well for a comparable price to other dog food brands. We have been buying this food for years.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

The ingredients in this brand are satisfactory and can't beat the price and I am happy with what I am feeding my pet. I have tried 3 types of food under the same Kirkland brand and my pet doesn't have any issues switching.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

My puppy was switched to this food and within 2 weeks of feeding him this food he developed blepharitis which only cleared up after he was switched foods. I will never feed my pets Costco food anymore.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

I purchased Kirkland Signature Nature's Domain small breed salmon & lentil formula for dogs due to the current economy. My dog refuses to eat it but does so because I am a firm believer that what is suppose to meet AAFCO standards would meet my beloved companions nutritional needs. However upon consuming this brand of dog food my dog has been vomiting, losing his hair (it no longer shines or is soft), scratching and licking all the time. His loving disposition has changed. He sleeps a lot now and if I touch him to see if he is ok he growls at me. He feels bad all the time. His stools are hard. I am going to take this dog food back and return to his former brand. I can do with less if it means he will be a part of my life. P.S a friend of mine is also having issues with Kirkland Signature Dog food.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I worked with dogs for years, this was always a food I would hear about that people seemed to like. My 4 year old golden retriever was on it for about 6 months. Everything was fine until it wasn't. My dog suddenly presented with all the symptoms of bloat. I rushed her to the emergency vet, where they were puzzled when it was not bloat and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. Her entire body would blow up like a balloon and she was throwing up. My dog was put on a lot of medications and was being watched meticulously. About two weeks later, she stopped moving. She was lethargic and didn't want to do anything. I was terrified she had cancer.

She was once again rushed to the emergency vet, where once again, everyone agreed something was very wrong. But nothing came back out of the ordinary, except for the fact my dog was very, very sick. Finally I changed her food after reading some of the reviews, and miraculously my dog is happy and healthy again. Side note: my cats were also on Kirkland food and while they did not get sick, they did stop eating normally. I have also changed their food and they are back to normal as well.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

Our dog was very healthy but my husband, who likes Costco brought home Kirkland dog food just because it was economical, to replace a more expensive dog food I had been buying for years without any issues. Our once healthy dog has been vomiting, won't eat nearly any food now, and is losing weight.

Original review: July 21, 2020

March when the pandemic hit my dog food was back ordered so I switched to this. May my Boston terrier ended up in the vet with problems. Thankfully recovered. July my lab refused to eat after one day of new bag! Two vets later and hospitalized for 5 days I have to say goodbye to my best friend!!! I will be his voice for life! This dog food is killing out babies! It’s not okay. Vomiting, diarrhea lack of appetite. Don’t ignore the warning signs! I didn’t and it was still too late. 5000. Later and I still lost my best friend???

Original review: June 25, 2020

Costco has been good for dog food until the last purchase May 2020. Our Standard Poodle started with diarrhea and then didn’t like smelling the food and within a few days was vomiting . Took him to the Veterinarian and he was in poor shape with pancreatitis. Many times due to food and could be deadly. We are contacting Corporate and would like this food to be analyzed. Be aware.

Kirkland Pet Foods Company Information