Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Pets
  3. Dog Food

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.02/5

Kirkland Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: April 22, 2019

We have been using Costco’s Nature’s Domain dog food for over 15 years. I have Chesapeake Bay Retrievers and my daughter has a Chihuahua and a small Terrier. My old girl passed away 3 years ago and she was 14 and very healthy to her last days. We use the grain free salmon. All the dogs have great coats, awesome teeth, they don’t fart, they are active and very healthy. People comment how soft their coats are. The vets are amazed how healthy they are. I wouldn’t feed anything else.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Switched to Kirkland's adult dog food for healthy weight. My dogs' weight stabilized and they are very happy and active. They are mid-sized dogs and the kibble size is perfect. They are fed with a continuous auto feeder, so it was the dog food that made the difference.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have been purchasing Kirkland dog food for years. My dogs have always been very healthy, no upset stomachs, no problems. It is easy to get and inexpensive and works. Plus, my dogs love it and eat it all up.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Our lab/pit mix was very picky. I tried everything from raw to cooked meals to other kibbles. He was fed this brand at the rescue so I decided to try it. He now eats at every feeding time and his coat looks beautiful and feels great. Our other two dogs love it too and they look and feel better too. I love this food for our dogs.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I use this food for fosters and my own pets. Cost is fair for a single protein single carbohydrates food. Costco always has the food either online or in warehouse. Nice flavor variety. Itching patchy skin along with licking much improved while using combination of treatments.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kirkland Pet Foods?

Original review: March 15, 2020

We switched to Kirkland dog food on Tuesday and now our dog is dead. Dog was in perfect health before the switch. After he started to eat the new kirkland dog food he started throwing up and was very lethargic. Blood in stool and this was morning was unable to move. Took him to the vet and he was put down. I started to read some other comments online and see that this is happening to other dogs. I will be sending the food to a lab first thing tomorrow to be tested and I am 100 PERCENT confident it comes back positive for something that should not be in dog food. Next steps will be to make public via EVERY social media outlet known to man.

Original review: March 9, 2020

First, I love Costco and all the Kirkland brand items, EXCEPT the dog food. I have 5 dogs and am now retired so I decided to try the less expensive Kirkland Chicken and Vegetable formula dry dog food. It's been about 6 weeks, and ALL 5 of my dogs have begun eating dirt! They have never done this before and from what I've been reading, they may be doing it because they are missing important minerals in their food! I am going back to the more expensive food...I could try to just give them vitamin/mineral pills, but I no longer trust the Kirkland dog food brand...very disappointing.

Original review: March 5, 2020

We got a new rescue dog and I decided to buy the Kirkland food because it was a larger quantity and good price. I have 2 dogs. Both our 1 yo female rescue hound dog and my 8 yo male parti poodle developed large amounts of crystals in their urine. My poodle did not have any symptoms but I had the vet check his urine just in case and he was loaded with both types of crystals also. I can only think that there is an ingredient in the food that caused this in both dogs.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I feed my 4 month old collie this once and he threw up all over the place. He's never thrown up before. I've fed him different varieties as well. I'm taking it back. It gives me pause about what other Kirkland products are tainted.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

So upset I read today that this dog food causes heart failures from the FDA in a news release to my news feed... I cannot take it back because I threw away the receipt! This is so upsetting because my dog wont eat any other Kirkland dog food...Damn Costco again!

Kirkland Pet Foods Company Information