2. Pets

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Kirkland Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kirkland Pet Foods?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kirkland Pet Foods?

Original review: June 25, 2020

Costco has been good for dog food until the last purchase May 2020. Our Standard Poodle started with diarrhea and then didn’t like smelling the food and within a few days was vomiting . Took him to the Veterinarian and he was in poor shape with pancreatitis. Many times due to food and could be deadly. We are contacting Corporate and would like this food to be analyzed. Be aware.

Original review: June 4, 2020

Bought this dog food as we love Costco. Our dog looks like she’s dying now and our other dog seems fine. We have suffered ALL the same symptoms of the other reviewers. We will IMMEDIATELY stop with this brand of food from Costco (their brand). Our dog looks very sickly now.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 22, 2020

This brand of dog food was recommended to us by our dog trainer because it is the only brand without high fructose corn syrup. We've had our dogs on this brand for roughly two months without issue. Then, Monday 5/18 we opened a new bag, our dogs ate as normal, and the next morning our Corgi rescue was vomiting blood. He also refused to eat and this is the little guy that ALWAYS eats. Then on Tuesday not only did our Corgi refuse to eat all day but our Golden Retriever started vomiting immediately after eating. Wednesday they both refused to eat and our Corgi had stopped vomiting but now had blood in his stool and was lethargic.

At this point we called our vet and after a visit she was concerned about an issue with the food and asked us to try something different to see how they did. We bought a bag of Beneful and the both inhaled a small bowl and kept it down no problems. After this it became very evident the problem is the food. Never, never again will I buy this AND I'm reporting this issue to the FDA along with our vet. This product almost killed our pets!

Original review: March 15, 2020

We switched to Kirkland dog food on Tuesday and now our dog is dead. Dog was in perfect health before the switch. After he started to eat the new kirkland dog food he started throwing up and was very lethargic. Blood in stool and this was morning was unable to move. Took him to the vet and he was put down. I started to read some other comments online and see that this is happening to other dogs. I will be sending the food to a lab first thing tomorrow to be tested and I am 100 PERCENT confident it comes back positive for something that should not be in dog food. Next steps will be to make public via EVERY social media outlet known to man.

Original review: March 9, 2020

First, I love Costco and all the Kirkland brand items, EXCEPT the dog food. I have 5 dogs and am now retired so I decided to try the less expensive Kirkland Chicken and Vegetable formula dry dog food. It's been about 6 weeks, and ALL 5 of my dogs have begun eating dirt! They have never done this before and from what I've been reading, they may be doing it because they are missing important minerals in their food! I am going back to the more expensive food...I could try to just give them vitamin/mineral pills, but I no longer trust the Kirkland dog food brand...very disappointing.

Original review: March 5, 2020

We got a new rescue dog and I decided to buy the Kirkland food because it was a larger quantity and good price. I have 2 dogs. Both our 1 yo female rescue hound dog and my 8 yo male parti poodle developed large amounts of crystals in their urine. My poodle did not have any symptoms but I had the vet check his urine just in case and he was loaded with both types of crystals also. I can only think that there is an ingredient in the food that caused this in both dogs.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I feed my 4 month old collie this once and he threw up all over the place. He's never thrown up before. I've fed him different varieties as well. I'm taking it back. It gives me pause about what other Kirkland products are tainted.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

So upset I read today that this dog food causes heart failures from the FDA in a news release to my news feed... I cannot take it back because I threw away the receipt! This is so upsetting because my dog wont eat any other Kirkland dog food...Damn Costco again!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

My 3 dogs have been eating this dog food 2X day for years. We opened a new bag and one dog turned her nose at it. She is a lab and normally eats everything. She has the best NOSE. Something is wrong with the food as we opened another bag and she ate it. We tried again with the off bag and she refused to eat it. We threw out the big green bag but it was bought in October/November at the San Bernardino Cosco.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

We have used the Kirkland super premium dog food for years. Our dogs are healthy and they always eat the food happily. But yesterday three dogs turned from their food. A 6# pup ate. I held some in my hand and got my old girl to eat some from my hand. Today three didn’t want it. Today my old dog is not well. She has diarrhea and is breathing hard. Something is wrong with this food.

This is a new bag, and I will return it to Costco. I couldn’t find a way to contact Costco and let them know I am sure there is an issue with the dog food. We love Costco and the Kirkland products. But, that doesn’t mean there couldn’t be an issue and I think there is. I have a shepherd, a Labrador, a miniature poodle, and a malti-poo pup who suddenly won’t eat this food. The lab took some from my hand and she is ill.

Kirkland Pet Foods Company Information