Friskies

Compare Cat Food

Research top Cat Food recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My 11 cats have been eating Friskies all their lives. All of a sudden, the last three times I have purchased it, they turn up their noses. I first thought maybe it was the "batches". The first batch came from WalMart. No. The second batch came from Pet Supply. No. The third batch came from Food Lion. No. So was the formula changed? What's going on. I have one formerly healthy cat that is now sick. Won't eat. Very lethargic. Going to the vet today. The others seem OK? Now I've read all the pans about Purina, I don't believe I'll be buying anymore of their products. I'm not sure that any cat food products are all that... but I don't know how I can prepare food for all them. I very much appreciated all the comments. At least I now know what to expect.

I've found that while Purina Cat Chow is good and kitties like it okay. The less expensive Friskies seems to hold their interest longer. They seem to actually LIKE the Friskies, while the Purina is just something to put in their stomachs out of hunger.

My husband and I have always had cats. Currently we are down to 3, Milo - a Maine Coon who is 32 pounds, Samson - a Maine Coon and Tabby mix, and Mokie - a Bombay who is 14 years old. The only brand and variety of dry cat food that Milo and Samson will eat is Friskies Seafood Sensations. We have tried much more expensive brands and Samson will go hungry for days rather than eat it. It keeps them healthy and happy so I am glad to buy it for him. Mokie loves it too but over the last couple of months I have noticed that he is less and less interested in dry cat food. I usually give the cats a can of cat food every few days to help with hairballs, but Mokie even did not like most of the canned food. I finally tried Everpet which is the Dollar General brand of cat food in pouches and Mokie will eat two at a time. I am so glad I found a brand that he will eat, it is distressing when an older cat begins to refuse food. Mokie is the first pet my husband and I got together and has a special place in our hearts because of it.

The Friskies was loaded with foreign substances. There were pieces of greenish black particles all through it. I found those particles in several cans of different flavors. I no longer feed my cats Friskies.

My kitties are very spoiled and will only eat Friskies. My sister-in-law's cats will only eat Fancy Feast. SPOILED ROTTEN KITTIES. The kitties are very specific in what they want and enjoy. I really had no idea that kitties can be that spoiled and that their taste buds could be that sensitive. Our vet suggested Science Diet, but again they turned up their noses. I had not an inkling that kitties could/can be such pains. When I was growing up for a cat to receive "wet food" was a treat and not a food that the kitty demanded.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Friskies?

Friskies pleases even the most finicky cats. My cats refuse to touch 9 lives and many other "name" brand cat foods. The only cat food they will eat is Friskies but they do not like the new "saucesations".

Expert Review

Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.    More about Dr. Ken Tudor→

Friskies is a company that manufactures cat food products and other assorted pet items, under the umbrella of its parent company, Nestle Purina. Founded in 1965, Friskies continues to be one of the most famous names when it comes to giving cats something delicious for dinner. They are committed to nutrition, pet food quality and safety, pet welfare and sustainability.

• Fifty-plus varieties: Friskies offers over fifty varieties of cat food, so pets will never get bored.
  • Dry and wet food: Friskies offers their furry customers both wet and dry foods to appease even the pickiest of palates.
  • Wide selection of treats: With their Pull 'n Play and Party Mix treats, cats have endless choices when it comes to treats and rewards.
  • Indoor formula: Indoor cats have different nutritional needs, so Friskies provides cat food specifically for cats that stay inside the house.
  • Cat games and apps: Not only does Friskies make food and treats, they also develop apps and games just for cats such as the popular Cat Fishing 2.
  • Best for Young cats, older cats, indoor cats and cats who need good nutrition.

Compare Cat Food