3.9/5 (630 ratings)

Save 30% on your first autoship

Shop your favorite brands on Chewy.com

Shop now

Friskies Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Friskies?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Friskies?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I have 2 cats that have been vomiting and now will not even eat because this cat food is making them sick. They need to start a recall on this product immediately. They were fine until I bought this brand of food 2 days ago and now they are so sick. Lot #1159.

Original review: July 5, 2022

Cat became violently ill after eating Purina Friskies Salmon Pate with Gravy from lot #20551157 L8HR51026 use by FEB 2024. UPC 50000 16874. We have used this brand and flavor for years with no reaction, this time an emergency room visit was required ($900). After fluids and anti-nausea meds were administrated, cat recovered in 24 hours. Purina and the FDA have been notified.

Get buying tips about Cat Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2022

My cat just died about 15 minutes ago after eating Batch 1161 of this Friskies Cat Food. My wife is devastated. Our Ginger Love was our baby. This is the 4th time we have tried to go back to Friskies and this is the 4th cat who has died because he/she ate it. My wife blames herself because she gave it to our cats. This wet canned cat food should be recalled but Nestles wants money so they don't care. We will never buy anything "Nestles" ever again. Have fun in Court. There is an animal bill of rights now that you have broken and enough is enough.

Original review: April 17, 2022

I’m not sure what has happened to this cat food recently, but it made my cat extremely sick. He’s been eating it for 12 years but every time he would eat it the last few months he’d puke and have diarrhea (sometimes not even in his box). We thought he was just being picky when he didn’t want to eat it so didn’t think anything of it at first but he would just stop eating altogether. Around the same time he also started growing a lump on his side. We tried different food and he ate it no problem but still got sick if we gave him Friskies. He only ate the shreds but looks like this was a problem with pate as well. One day we decided to not give him friskies at all and the constant puking and diarrhea stopped. We will never give him this again. He hasn’t had an issue with Fancy Feast and even though it’s more money it’s worth him not getting sick anymore. Do not buy if you want your cat healthy.

Original review: March 7, 2022

My cats have been eating Friskies for years. They loved the Mariners Catch and Ocean Whitefish & Tuna Pate when the can was not full and gravy. Now that the cans are full and smell bad. They won't eat it. I don't know what you did but you are hurting your company. Also, the gold top cans smell like diesel fuel. (Mariners Catch) the stray cat won't eat it. And they are hungry. The bad part is I have 240 cans of food. That is a lot of money. And it is hard to find cat food. Why? I will try to look other brands. Thank god for American greed...

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

Our cat will only eat Friskies chicken and tuna pate wet food. Unfortunately, all Friskies canned cat food has been out of stock recently at all the stores, but we were fortunate enough to be able to find some online. Also, the price is SO good for us! We realized just how great the price was when we had to look at some other brands. We did try giving our cat another brand of more expensive food, more than twice the price, and she would have none of it. Friskies is the best!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I have purchased Friskies Pate Wet Cat Food, Ocean Whitefish & Tuna Dinner, 5.5 oz. cans for years and my cats happily ate it. For the last 5 months, the cats have snubbed most of the Friskies flavors; they especially have an aversion toward the aforementioned flavor. I have thrown out a few dozen cans after they sniff it and turn away. They used to gobble it up and now it sits all day and dries out. I have wasted a lot of money. Has the formula/recipe changed? Has anyone else experienced this same problem? Friskies, please help.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

My cats love Friskies dry food, treats and wet food. It is easy to find and not expensive. I get it delivered by Chewy every month. They have a wide selection of food to choose from so my cats never get tired of the same old thing everyday.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

I have been buying the pate. The amount of BONE and BUGS is disgusting! I almost throw up every time I see it. I have a hard enough time trying to find a brand my cats will eat without having to pay for garbage! I know Companies are permitted so much per millions or some such thing. I'm ready to find another brand as one of my cats had blood in their stool. Could be a number of things but, why do I have to worry about a bone chip getting lodged where it shouldn't to!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

You can check my review on Fancy Feast, narrow it down to one star reviews to get the true stories of people that have horror stories like mine. Purina products contain known carcinogens, they also use what's called 4D meats and I believe they added a fifth now. 4D meats are dead, decaying, diseased, and dying.. I believe they added discarded now.. you know how maggots invade dead animals, other species of critters do as well and that goes into the food when they toss these decaying, dying, diseased, dead or discarded from like the vet's office that may have been put to sleep with medications or that have died from disease..

I had your typical problems of sick cats a couple years ago, not just one cat but all of them were puking violently right after they ate and had diarrhea. I thought it was just a bug that they had until I started researching the food. I found so many horror stories of people with the same problems I had and they were relating it to a bad batch like 1157 1159 and that is not the case. It's the poor quality of the food that this big Corporation, Purina is making... they only care about the money they make off of consumers like me and you while not giving a crap about what is going in the food that we feed our beloved furbabies! I already lost two cats to cancer and I had one diagnosed with tumors in his throat and now my little girl, who is only 10 years old, has tumors in her throat and honestly I can't afford to do the treatments that she really needs and it breaks my heart! At this point it's about quality of life and when to euthanize.

So all of you out there that don't have a problem yet, you might not see it now but you will eventually see the problems with your animal! This company manipulates people with their fancy labels and pictures and it's false advertisement! I'm so sick to my stomach to see my animals suffer because I trusted a company that was making the food I feed her that poisoned her and my others! Please go to ** look up Purina and you will see Purina products contain known carcinogen... or you can Google Purina products contain known carcinogen and you will see the class action lawsuit.

Most attorneys are afraid to go after big corporations, if you look at your food aisle at your pet store or your local grocery store, you will see that Purina floods the market! I won't even buy their cat litter! They have bought out other products as well like Kit n Kaboodle. I'm disgusted with this company and when I first realized this problem after doing my own research.. I wanted to print flyers and post them in every aisle at every store I could reach but I didn't do that, instead I took to the internet and told my stories to try to warn others.

Please, everyone that is having a problem... which I'm sure is why your on this site searching up your animals food, please stop buying any of their products! They are toxic and they don't care about our animals. All they care about is putting our money in their pocket! When your cat turns their nose to the food you open, there's a problem! It's not just that they are being picky or finicky, they are trying to tell you... something's wrong here! I am so sick to my stomach that I trusted Purina for years and years and my animals have suffered because of that. Please share your stories and warn everybody that you can! Thank you for reading.

Friskies author review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Friskies is a company that manufactures cat food products and other assorted pet items, under the umbrella of its parent company, Nestle Purina. Founded in 1965, Friskies continues to be one of the most famous names when it comes to giving cats something delicious for dinner. They are committed to nutrition, pet food quality and safety, pet welfare and sustainability.

• Fifty-plus varieties: Friskies offers over fifty varieties of cat food, so pets will never get bored.

• Dry and wet food: Friskies offers their furry customers both wet and dry foods to appease even the pickiest of palates.

• Wide selection of treats: With their Pull 'n Play and Party Mix treats, cats have endless choices when it comes to treats and rewards.

• Indoor formula: Indoor cats have different nutritional needs, so Friskies provides cat food specifically for cats that stay inside the house.

• Cat games and apps: Not only does Friskies make food and treats, they also develop apps and games just for cats such as the popular Cat Fishing 2.

by Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Advisor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Friskies Company Information