1.57/5
Based on 334 reviews that contain star ratings

Need help choosing a cat food brand?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

338 Whiskas Cat Food Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I'm so hurt because I started giving my cat these treats 2 weeks ago and now he is gone. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE TO YOUR CATS. My cat was just fine before this and now he is gone. I will never buy these again. Now I no longer have my Jay. I wish I would never had brought these ** treats.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I will say this, you make a tasty treat because my cat is OBSESSED! HOWEVER, I am not complaining to you just frustrated. If you are putting something addictive om them, cut back or stop. I cannot breathe anymore without my cat up my butt for treats. I am part of the problem. I give in because of the incessant whining. Anyway, I think it is kinda funny all these cats are addicted to treats. Lol... it is up to us as parents to wean them off. And I think all of y'all are crazy for thinking these treats killed your cats. Your cat may have eaten them and then gotten sick. Don't give them again... simple as that. If my kitty got sick, she would never get them again...

Get expert buying tips about Cat Food delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Temptations Cat Treats killed my cat! Please stop feeding your fur babies these horribly addictive treats! They have anti-freeze in them which causes their organs to shut down! My poor baby died 2 1/2 years ago because of them and I still can’t get over it. She was only a year old. I feel like I handed my fur baby poison until she died. I can’t believe these are still on the shelves!!!

Original review: June 27, 2018

Cat began vomiting after getting into the jar of Temptations treats. Continued to vomit both food and bile for several days. Vet was concerned about an obstruction but couldn't find one. Finally resolved over about 2 weeks.

Original review: June 24, 2018

My cats absolutely love Temptations, especially the chicken flavor. When you shake the bag they start running to get their treat. The product is priced a little high compared with other treats especially if buying for more than one cat.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whiskas Cat Food?

Original review: June 23, 2018

My cats love Temptations, have been known to rip open the bag. I have to keep the package hidden. But I enjoy giving them the treats because they enjoy them so much.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I feed my cat this brand for 13 years but something changed in the last 24 months. My cat refused to eat it and it would start to grow mold within hours of being opened. I tried all of their flavors and experienced the same results.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My three cats just love Temptations. There are a variety of flavors which includes a dairy flavor. The price is perfect around $1.99 per package and you can very often find them on sale. Most of all Temptation treats are just the right size. Cats have little mouths and they have a hard time eating large treats.

Original review: June 17, 2018

My cats lick the liquid and at times leave the meat etc. Not sure why but something must repel them from real fish and chicken. It's used as a treat or reward mostly.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I really like the Fancy Feast. Small cans are the amounts that I needed to feed my cats. There is no waste. The only thing wrong is it is expensive. I wish they would make more variety packages. They make any 12, 24 and 32 can sizes.

Original review: June 12, 2018

My cat loves this treat. Whenever we get home from shopping or one of my caregivers come in she knows she is going to get a treat and it is always Temptations.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I have feed these to my cat for years unfortunately now that I have read the reviews. My cat is so addicted to these, that he use to wake me up all night long to get some. So, I stopped giving him treats for a while. He will not eat his food unless there are some on top. He recently was attacked by a dog and his liver enzymes were up. I wonder now after reading the reviews is that maybe it is from the cat treats and had nothing to do with the dog attack at all. I am pissed off to no end that they would put this dangerous treat on the market. Here I thought I was giving my cat something good, only to find out I've been poisoning him.

Original review: April 25, 2018

My cat has been addicted to the treats. Wait all day in the same place for them. That’s all he wants. He won’t eat his dry food. He’s gone crazy just waiting around for it. He got sick, lost 5 pounds and I’ve spent hundreds on vets. He’s only three and I have to figure out what am I going to do to make him forget about all these treats. Please read all the reviews because it is damn true!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

My cat was 13 2 months old. I had to euthanize him last week. He had been throwing up for years. Vet. Said hairballs. Week before he threw up every time he ate then he stopped eating, running, pooping. Back and forth to the Vet. Did a xray. His colon was packed and he was in renal failure. We decided to euthanize him because he had suffered so long already. I am 60 and have owned all kinds of animals and have never euthanized any this young. Now my 9 year old cat is throwing up taking him in tom. to the Vet. I am devastated that the USDA and whomever else would allow a company to kill this many animals and not stop production of this deadly Treat. Please Pray for my other boy.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I stopped giving my cats this treat and they stopped throwing up and lost weight. I fed my 1 cat the treats far too long and has renal problems like other complaints I have read. If you see this product throw away instantly and beg anyone you know to change to a product like Greenies.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I have been giving these (Temptation Cat Treats) to my (now 19+ yr old) cat for years. We have never had any problems. She vomits, but has hairball issues. Not "addicted" to them. She gets both dry and wet food. The cat eats like a horse, but has always been a little cat (She weighs about 6 lbs, never has she weighed more than 9 lbs.). She loves them.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

My baby girl is 17 yrs old and suffers from kidney disease. She has been on a high end expensive dry food for years, along with wet food that I spike with 1/2 tsp fiber to keep things “regular”. She was doing well and I decided to buy Temptations treats as something extra to give her. She immediately LOVED them and responded like they were, well, crack. She could not consume them fast enough!!

She would freak out at the sound of the bag, climb you, bite your fingers thinking you had one and I thought it was so cute! Suddenly, she stopped eating her dry food at all. Would not touch it. She would still drink the gravy from her wet food and eat some of it, but she was not eating enough. All she would eat much of, were these crack treats. So I gave them to her! Something was better than nothing, right?! Wrong. She began vomiting white foam regularly and was straining to urinate and defecate in the litter. She would try and then cry and cry, then vomit. She was very lethargic and slept often.

Something was just not right! She drank little water and all she wanted and the only thing that perked her up momentarily was TEMPTATIONS TREATS. I did some research and came across this forum, I could not believe how many reviews echoed what I was experiencing!!! I immediately stopped giving her the treats and took her to the vet for a full work-up. ($500+) She had lost 2+ lbs in 6 mos and had a severe urinary tract infection from E.COLI!!! The only thing changed in those 6 mos were the introduction of these treats.

She has been off the temptations treats for 3 weeks, and on antibiotics for the E. Coli infection. She is eating her dry food again! Thank goodness! Drinking water regularly and seems to be herself. I thoroughly believe these treats would have killed her if I’d continued to allow her to eat them! THEY ARE POISON!!! I hope she has no long term effects as a result. This company needs to be shut down!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I too have been giving my cats these horrible treats (Whiskas Temptations). They too have become addicted after giving them these for several years. I lost one of my cats back in September to what we thought was a thyroid problem which she had never had before. She had to be put down after losing so much weight and going into liver failure. Now, one of my other cats is losing weight and throwing up. I finally researched them and was shocked to find so many others with the same issue. I threw all the treats away and will never buy anything from them again, I just hope my cat gets better now. My older cat (14) has been pawing at me all the time, I thought he was just missing his friend but it's addiction. I am sure.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I have had several cats throughout the last 40 years and have been loyal to Whiskas tinned cat food but have noticed a decline in the meat quality over the years. At the beginning my cats loved the jelly meat tin - when opening the tin there was no horrible smell, very little jelly and my cats loved it till empty. Then the company changed the content and my cats would not eat it anymore. There was a bad rotten smell when opening the tins and my cats are very intelligent - they knew I was serving an inferior product so I had to give those two cats fresh mince (as well as cat biscuits and occasionally our leftover food) till they passed away.

After those two I had a beautiful cat Max who had been the family's favorite pet and I again bought Whiskas tinned food - he liked Lamb and Kidney, and Tuna and sardine. These two were deadly to him as he got blockages in his urethra canal and could not pass urine. The first time it happened he became very bloated and just laid on ground in agony. The vet unblocked his urethra and all was well till a few months later it happened again. This time the vet told me not to feed anything with gelatin as this was causing crystals in his urethra blocking his urinating. So we were strict with his feeding but he lost a lot of weight because he didn't like the food we were giving him and he ate very little. After a few months I felt sorry for him and gave him the Sardine and Tuna tin -- big BIG mistake -- it happened again and this time the vet could not unblock his urethra canal and my beautiful Max had to be put down. (I am crying as I write this).

After Max I did not want any more pets as it was too painful on the whole family after losing him. Anyway a few years later I came across 2 rescued kittens and I could not part with them and so they have a diet of dry, wet and fresh cat food. I introduced them to Whiskas Sardine and Tuna and they liked it. But over these past few years the company changes the recipe (for the worse not for better, has way too much gelatin and smells bad) and my cats have been leaving the tinned food on the plate SO ONCE AGAIN I have changed over to Fussy cat tinned Tuna Loaf and Dine tins and they seem to like it. My two cats are huge and they go through 1 tin a day between them so Whiskas is going to lose my loyalty for the next 5-10 years.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

You all know that our fur babies are precious. That being said, some of us, me, give them treats. My local pet store said we call this kitty krack & it is. My baby is 7 months old & I think I was giving him this tp #1 make him happy #1+2 leave me alone. But Quincy got really hyper, scratching me, jumping at me from behind curtains. So I cut him down to no more than 10 treats. He is calmer. I am going to wean him off and not purchase this product again. My Baby ain't gonna become a kitty krackhead on my watch. LOL.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

My 3 year old cat is so addicted to these Temptations Catnip Treats he stopped eating regular food altogether. He is not drinking water from either and I can tell he is rapidly losing weight. He paws at the pantry door all day and night and won’t stop. He is barely using the litter box. My other cat throws up immediately after eating these so I do not give them to him. DO NOT BUY THIS POISON.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I wish I've read these reviews before giving my cat of 18 yrs these treats (chicken flavor). I would give a 0 stars if I could. My cat crave this temptation treat and quit eating dry when I started about 2 months ago. He has lost a few pounds and fell ill this week. Someone need to put this co. out of business.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

My cat has eaten these treats for years. After this year he will not. He has been extremely ill and vomiting for more than half of this year. I didn't put two and two together until my boyfriend gave him treats last night and he threw up again this morning after not being sick for several days. I had to take him to the vet last week and it cost over 500 dollars running tests when all it was, was the treats. Save your money and your pet and just don't feed them to him or her.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I gave my cat who was a new mother of 5 beautiful 5 week old kittens a Temptations Cat Treat. Within the week she started vomiting everywhere. I put her separately so she wouldn’t get stressed out and when I checked on her, she was dead. Bloated belly, blood coming from the mouth. After doing much research I truly believe it was because of the Temptations treat that she died. DO NOT GIVE YOUR CAT THESE CAT TREATS. So many other people and pets have been affected by this company and it needs to stop.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Temptations Dry Cat Food - My cat has been addicted to these "treats" ever since she was little. I used to feed her only this. Then I thought something was odd about this craving, read the label, sent in a request for cat food evaluation and got nothing. She has been throwing up, but there was usually a hairball, so I figured it was the hairball. I started giving her wet food with less of this "treat". She will sit the entire day and not eat the wet food, until I guess she is starving, then she will eat it. She started biting me. I cut it down and down. She looks very unhappy when she doesn't get it.

Today I gave in and fed her more of the treat. Note: my cat is unfortunately not very affectionate. Today, after MORE of this junk, she's all loving and happy with me. It's called behavioral reinforcement... I like her being nice. I feed her the treats. Today I found this information just in time. Thanks to this website and helpful posts. Thank-you. Thank-you! I am disgusted. Who knows how bad her pancreas is now.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Ate Temptations for 3 Weeks then Fell Ill - It's impossible to say with 100% certainty whether or not Temptations triggered pancreas issues for my cat... but I will say -- $700 in vet bills later -- the timeline perfectly aligns. Week 1 she became obsessed with the treats... a week later she started spontaneously vomiting and completely lost her appetite, which is very unlike her. She was given medication and is off the treats: hasn't thrown up since. Unfortunately the pancreas flair-ups will remain, so she is now on extremely expensive food. Just happy it didn't end worse. No matter how much your cat loves these treats, don't give in!!! Not worth it. My cat never got excited about treats or food, so I loved seeing her freak out for these snacks... which now makes me even more suspicious that something was up with them!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

We have 4 cats. 2 ate these treats Nikita and Carmella. 2 did not, Hallie and Lilly. The two that did were peeing all the time. I even had to take Nikita to the vet for 130.00 Carmella stopped eating the other food and acted like a drug addict for those treats after not buying them for awhile due to the fact Carmella acted so addicted. Everything was okay with them. As a treat we bought them again and that's when it dawned on us. It was the treats because they started peeing 20 plus times a day and Carmella acted nuts. I just found out today when my wife told me after talking to my mom that same thing happened to her cat peed all the time run out of treats back to normal then noticed the peeing all day after the treats.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

The fact Whiskas Cat Food can still get away with selling this garbage says a lot about the amount of inspecting that goes on in the pet food industry. My Cat, who just turned 4 years old this month, has ALWAYS been addicted to these cursed treats. It got to the point she wouldn't eat anything else, thus she became constipated from no moist in her diet. I tried switching her to a number of other treats, but she would go through withdrawal without Temptations (any flavor).

Now, she's gotten worse. She currently has UTI, and now a series of other health problems thanks to these treats. I was finally able to get her to eat some wet food tonight, I think now she's realizing they're making her ill. Will never buy this garbage again, it's done nothing but made my cat addicted and suffer. This company needs to be shut down, it's DANGEROUS for your cats!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I was convinced there was an addictive component to Temptations cat treats. Our two cats were relentless in bugging me to give them their "evening treat." If permitted, they would eat the cat treats instead of any other cat food, wet or dry. I am just now reading what other cat owners say about this product. I've tried weaning them off the treats but nearly lost my mind trying to ignore their relentless demand i.e., in-my-face meowing, rubbing on my legs. One cat would sit next to me and poke me with his paw, again and again and again. If I yelled for him to stop, he would poke me and run and then do it again! I received my order of pet food delivered from an online company. I ordered 4 flavors of Temptations treats, but something is different - the cats won't eat them at all. They seem confused but won't back down with their demands. Now I want to know what the real story is here. Has someone made changes?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I fed our three cats the temptation treats. They got so addicted they cried constantly until they went through withdrawal. Whatever the ingredients there must be excitotoxins in them because their personalities changed. All three cats stopped eating their regular food. They were becoming sick too which is why I stopped buying. One cat pees blood now. One vomited for three days straight & the third cat was turning into a demon.

Don't feed these to your cats. Some people have stated that their cats have died & I refuse to give my money to a large company who puts profits before safety. Just like the chemicals put on Doritos to keep you munching and munching. The Mars company is making the poorest quality cat food and treats. We now buy beef lung for our cats - much healthier and you know what the ingredients are? Beef lung that's it! Don't kill your cat with Temptations cat treats!! Don't buy them and tell that company it's bad bad bad. Shame on them.

Whiskas Cat Food Company Information