2. Pets

Save 30% on your first autoship

Shop your favorite brands on Chewy.com

Shop now

Whiskas Cat Food Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whiskas Cat Food?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whiskas Cat Food?

Original review: July 8, 2020

Hi, I know it is super addictive. But the good news is I didn't find any bad effect of that addiction. My cat is 9 years old, was injured and her tail was immovable. At that time she rejected every other food we used to give her before. So, I was looking for Whiskas 7+. But anywhere I couldn't find it. So I brought her 1+ dry food. I gave it to her. She ate them so happily and the best news is she got his health back (since it was quarantine I wasn't able to take her to a vet). Now she has a beautiful silk coat and she have become so playful! Her weight also have increased. But she is playing too. She liked it so much..so I am giving what I can make her happy.. Her strength was restored by this.❤️❤️????

Original review: July 7, 2020

I just spent the last 3 hours trying to talk my cat off a ledge because he was upset and wanted to end 1 of his lives, simply because there are no mouse flavored cat foods. He had a valid point that all foods on the market for him taste the same and are clearly artificial. He wants mouse, bird, and the occasional bug flavors too. Only after telling him I'd write a review in his stead he agreed to come down and calm down. Please help my furry little guy!

Get buying tips about Cat Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I started giving my cat temptations. He is now addicted to them! He won’t eat his dry food anymore and cries and cries until I give them to him! After about a week of giving him the treats he started losing his fur up his hind legs and lower half of his belly! I will stop giving him these treats now but will be in hell listening to the constant meowing! PLEASE don’t give your cat these treats. It’s not worth all the headache!

Original review: May 5, 2020

Please please please save your cat's life and throw these treats as far away as possible! Over time your cat will become a chronic vomit-er as these treats destroy your cat's internal organs and digestive system. It will begin with your cat throwing up every other day, to everyday and multiple times a day throwing up the treats any food in his tummy, bile, and soon enough blood. I started changing my poor cat's diet asap even though he was already on a grain free healthy diet. Then we realized it was his treats. Vet said if we had waited any longer, the temptations treats would have caused irreversible damage or even death. This company makes me SICK and should be out of business.

Original review: April 25, 2020

We Run & Operate a non-profit out of Baltimore, Maryland called **. We take in and rescue all animals in need, but mainly cats. I currently have four cats in my care that I have been raising since kittens. All four are and have been perfectly healthy UNTILL I have started giving them these Temptations treats, which resulted in one of my cats to have uncontrollable seizures. All four of the cats act like they are addicted to these treaty like **. We are leaving this review to reach out to anyone else that has had similar problems and would like to get together and start a class action suit to shut this company down that is KILLING our fur babies! Please reach out to us through our website or Instagram or Gmail account via **.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I just wanted to tell Carlos of Palm Springs that I also have been having the same problem with stores here in Kansas City MO taking Whiskas off their shelves for a while and then putting them back on and now Walmart raised their prices. But I found out that Chewy.com is selling it at a reasonable price. So that's who I've been ordering it from and I've never had a problem with that product. I have 3 cats my senior is 18yo and two 8yo and they've been eating it all their lives. No signs of sickness or irritability like I see some of these others talking about. Sorry you guys have gone through this I pray you all find something else that works for fur babies.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

I always fed my cat another brand of food but switched to Whiskas cat food. Over the next few weeks he become very agitated, scratching himself like crazy, broke out in sores and lost all his hair on his legs and stomach and lost patches of hair on his neck neck and back. After going to the vet's they said he had a severe allergy and to try changing his food. After taking him off Whiskas dry cat food he stopped being agitated, stopped scratching and is now returning to his normal self. Seen a lot of comments here of other cats reacting in a similar way especially the scratching and agitation. Obviously there is something in this food that is affecting a lot of cats.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I have been feeding my cats the more expensive holistic cat food for years. Unfortunately due to a tough week and lack of money I could not afford their usual food and bought Whiskas meaty Selections Dry Cat food instead. Within 2 days of eating it they all became ill one worst than the others but all 4 vomiting and scratching uncontrollable. The worst of the bunch began sitting under a table growling and hissing at nothing all day and then thru the night chewed off the end of her own tail!!!!

When I woke up in the morning there was blood everywhere and that cat was covered in blood still growling and hissing at nothing! I realized it had to be the food as nothing else changed. I scraped together enough money to go buy their usual food and threw out the Whiskas. By the next day they were all showing improvement.... By 2 days later the worst one was finally acting normal again!! There is no way anyone is going to convince me it wasn't the food that did this!!! Absolutely horrible!!! Disgusting!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

No problems Here... I have fed my cats Whiskas Pouches for years since they first began eating solid foods. My previous cat lived to be 17 1/2 years and my current cat is 13 years now and still going strong! I am thankful that I have been blessed with very healthy pets. Since Whiskas has been taken off the shelves at most stores, I have tried many other brands and my cat either does not like them or tires of them after about a month and stops eating them. I finally found Whiskas on the shelves at K-Mart but the store is closing in about 2 months...and I will be out of luck again! I don't know what I will do when they're gone! By the way, my current cat also Loves Temptations treats.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

This year was the third year I was fostering for a local rescue. For some reason, this year was also the year that kittens in my care were just not thriving, and the mamas weren't gaining either. I chalked it up to worming them with cattle dewormer, but discussion with a trusted vet clarified that no, this wormer is often used in kittens so it was unlikely to be the case. I tore my kitten room apart, trying to find some reason they would be getting so sick so quickly, some of them even dying. Nothing came up. I happened upon a comment about other kittens becoming sick in the same manner as my fosters, and after some research I found this thread. That's when it dawned on me that this was the first year I was giving kittens Whiskas, as I didn't have time to get to the shelter during the week to get the food they had.

My own cats have never eaten this swill, and as such have never been sick like the kittens were. My current fosters haven't touched it either, and have been dewormed, and are also not sick. The bunny who is a permanent resident in the kitten room is not sick, nor is the current guest in that room. Beware this company's products. They're killing animals and don't give even half a whoop.

Whiskas Cat Food Company Information