Whiskas Cat Food

Compare Cat Food

Research top Cat Food recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

2 of my cats always vomit after giving them anywhere from 1-3 Temptations Mixups Sunrise Scramble treats. They usually throw up randomly in a 12 hour period. Finally narrowed it down to these treats. The expiration date on the package is 3-12-18, can't find a lot #.

Mom's cat... Healthy, energetic 4 year old that lives inside. Mom goes to store, buys whiskas treats for the first time. Feeds cat the treats for first time. The next day, 2 hours later cat is dead. At Colorado State University getting an autopsy. Will let you know results when they come in, but based upon other comments here, it sure sounds like it was the Whiskas.

I have given my cat Whiskas Temptations cat treats for years. She loved them. Tonight she died suddenly without warning. She seized briefly, meowed strangely, peed, and was gone. Only now have I read the horrible reviews about how this product can cause kidney/renal failure. Do NOT use this crap. It IS slowly killing your cats. I have 3 other cats, and will NOT use this junk any more and will throw away any remaining bags. Ridiculous. Anything for money.

DO NOT feed your cat Temptation treats. I thought I was being kind of ridiculous when I googled "cat addiction to Temptation treats" until I saw how common it was and how DEVASTATING the results can be. At one point my cat stopped eating his regular food, food that he was OBSESSED with and would gobble down in one sitting. A normally super social, friendly, and talkative cat, he would not eat, he would go into a room and sit under the bed for hours, then come out and sit next to the cabinet that had the treats.

It was kind of absurd how different his behavior came to be. I wish I was exaggerating when I said he seemed like an addict. My boyfriend and I joke about it now, but it was seriously alarming. We cut him off completely and threw out all the treats once I found so many articles online. He was NOT happy at first and I would have to sit down and watch him eat his dinner to make sure he was eating.

Within a few days he was his normal self, screaming at us for cans of his food. We give him "Greenies" as treats occasionally, which he enjoys to a normal degree. We did not change anything other than the treats and within a few days, it was ALL he would eat and his life literally revolved around it. He would cry for them, stare at the dresser they were in, and refused to eat his meals.

It does not matter how badly your cat wants these treats. These treats will harm your cat's health. I have no idea what kind of garbage is in them and why on earth they are still being made is beyond me. It literally enrages me that the company has these on the shelves, people are buying them without knowing and their pets are becoming sick.

We have been feeding our cats Temptations for years with no problems till recently when I noticed one of our cats, (a female) threw up 20 minutes after eating her treats. Which is highly unusual for her. There was one day prior to the puking event that, that she turned her nose up to eating her treats which was odd and I figured it was the Mixed flavored Temptations that she just did not care for. I got her the Turkey flavored ones instead. She ate these but puked 20 minutes later so it was then that I went out and bought a different brand of treats because I feared there might be something wrong with the Temptations brand.

Everything was fine. No puking for a week while I fed her a different brand of treats until I gave them Temptations turkey treats again. She refused to eat the Temptations again. And again within 20 minutes after eating the treats one of our other cats threw up. After this experience I decided to do some research and found this site with all sorts of reviews similar to what we had been experiencing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whiskas Cat Food?

So in September 2016 a cat followed my daughter (grown and doesn't live with me) to my house and he looked still really young but well taken care of so I decided to keep him and put up found papers. No one ever came so after two weeks he got really hurt by a raccoon and I didn't have enough money for a vet so I had to turn him over to our local pound. Never really wanting or really even liking cats I was kind of glad to be rid of him but his eye got hurt really bad (blind in his left eye). I started thinking if the pound has not put him to sleep. It's going to be hard c to find a blind cat a home so I went to get him. Now Baby is just that my baby and as mothers often do I try not to but I spoil him. He is a real picky eater so I thought I would get him some treats Whiskas temptations and at first he liked them but after a few times given to him he no longer would eat his real food.

He would wake me up in the morning crying crying crying until I got out of bed, I would go to his food bowl and add it started to know it would be sitting full after about a week or so. When I would give him the treats he would start acting really crazy running around the house biting me, scratching me and he has never done anything of that before. I'm really worried. I know after reading all of the things I've read about it tonight looks like my little baby is going to have to go to kitty rehab JK but he is going cold turkey because he will never get another treat from whiskas.

If anyone else has had this problem please please write a review and tell me what you did and how well it worked or if it didn't what do I do? I'm so worried I might have already made him sick cause I would give him a pretty good amount everyday just so he would eat. So if anyone has done this and successfully stopped please write about it. Thank you. PS my name is Tammy and as you know his name is Baby.

I have a 8month old Egyptian meow. The only thing I added or changed was that I started giving her Temptations treats and within a couple of days I saw a major change in energy. The cat became lethargic and less responsive by the weekend. I was sure that I was going to have too put her down. I stopped giving her the treats just before it got that far. But for days after I was pretty sure she was a goner fortunately in the last two days almost 4 since I have given her any treats, it seem that she is slowly bouncing back. However still not a hundred percent. I just hope that she can recover as well as not have causing any long-term damage. I can't afford to have things chemically tested to prove any wrong doing on the company's part but I can say what I have witnessed with my own eyes. The cat does NOT HAVE ANY INTERACTION WITH ANY chemicals whatsoever and I haven't changed anything in the environment at all so that's that.

I've always given my cat Temptation treats. She would throw up a lot. Last week we ended up at the vet. I came home to a few vomit piles. She continued to vomit, only in her litter box!! She was vomiting a yellowish liquid. This was scary so I brought her to the vet. No fever. The vet said to take away all food and water for the night. They gave her fluids. Once I got home my daughter had researched the Temptation treats and was horrified. I have changed her diet to grain free dry cat food, Tiki cat canned food and am only giving her freeze dried treats. Since she stopped eating Temptations she hasn't thrown up once!!!

We recently purchased the 10 kg dry food for adults. It is AWFUL. Unfortunately we threw the bag away since we usually store the cat food in plastic containers to keep it fresh. We have 3 cats. One is pure Persian cat, the other 2 are common breed, and we faced those problems first with our Persian cat, since usually they're very picky kind of cats. But when we started seeing some major hair loss, non-stop appetite, we thought our cats are just being, well cats. But when the vomiting started, that's when we realized it wasn't just a typical cat behavior, especially that we had cats all of our lives, and our current cats have been with us since 2009, so we could say we know pretty much about feline's attitudes... So this is a very bad experience within your products and we will not purchase it anymore, nor recommend it. Even if I see someone purchasing it, I will gladly share my negative experience.

I've been giving my cats (4) Temptations Treats for a couple years now and all of a sudden this week I had to take 2 of them to the vets. One went to the ER Vet first, both were impacted. Now I have a third one acting strangely. I thought it might be the Blue Buffalo chicken or beef flavored food (New bags opened 2 weeks ago - I always give them two flavor choices for free feeding) but now that I've found this site it could be the treats too. They haven't wanted to eat them the last few days and they are also in a new container just opened about 2 weeks ago. This isn't good at all.

I have been feeding my cat Whiskas and have had no problems. I even give her the Temptations Treats and have had no problems but I give them to her rarely. I came across this site by accident and started reading the comments and I'm horrified by what I have been reading about the Temptations Treats. I have 2 packs of this left and I'm throwing them out. Not going to take a chance and poison my cat. I remember a few years ago when there was a pet food recall because the pet food companies were getting one of the ingredients from China. If I remember it was the gluten. I'm pretty sure that is what killed my last cat since we were feeding her Fancy Feast and that was one of the foods on recall. China has little if no standards so why do companies buy from them? It's gotten to the point you don't know what is good and what isn't. Any food that poisons your pet should not be on the market, so why is it?

Now I'm wondering if I should stop feeding my cat any Whiskas food. I have wet and dry Whiskas and my cat likes it. I've just read also that a lot of the foods that vets recommend aren't that good either. Seems that the best diet for cats is a raw diet which means raw meat but I can't afford that and I'm not sure about raw meat either. The article said even raw pork. I wouldn't eat undercooked pork myself since I always heard that you can get tape worms from that so I wouldn't feed raw pork to my cat. My cat isn't much for people food either so now I'm in a dilemma of what to feed my cat.

I know a lot of pet food has what they call crude protein. What the heck is that? Meat byproducts which means it's crap. I'm starting to think I will have to start cooking for my cat. I'm not comfortable with the raw meat idea and I doubt my cat would eat raw meat. She doesn't even like steak. She does love real turkey though. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it. You can message me on my Facebook account at **.

Trying to figure out why my cat was sick during a period. Whiskas fish packets - last one held off a few days - 1 packet brought it all back up and what a stench. Whiskas normal - appears to be okay. NEVER THE FISH AGAIN. Serious sickness and persistent. Thought my cat was dying. Don't like my review... don't serve bad food.

My husband and I had to rush our 12 year old female kitty to the Animal Medical Center Emergency Room at 5PM on Tuesday, November 22nd because of violent vomiting and heaving. This was the second day that she had been doing this. I had spoken to the vet Day 1, but giving her an antacid did no good. We took her in, they x-rayed her, found no blockage but she was extremely dehydrated and the bill was 604.00. Today, her brother has the same thing. I bought a plastic container of Temptations MixUps and I started offering them to my kitties three days ago. That is the only different thing they have ingested. The hospital suspected that was the problem. I think they are tainted. They even smell strange.

Why would anyone pack food in pouches instead of in cans? These pouches cannot be resealed, and the food is so moist that it is REALLY messy to serve from the pouch. It is a nuisance to store and a hassle to feed. My cats like it fairly well, but I won't buy food that is so messy to deal with. Join the rest of the world and pack your food in cans!

Yesterday we had to put down our three year old siamese. Vet said she had become either constipated or there could have been a blockage that had formed in her upper intestine, or both (not passing stools due to the blockage). She was vomiting her food and losing weight for two weeks. Her energy level plummeted fast the last three days. I think she stopped drinking water as well and made no use of the litter box. I was reading up on siamese cats when I came across this link to the treats and other stories, and I'm sad because she was a huge fan of the beef temptation treats. She had them daily for the last year or so, with a significant increase the last few months because she opted for the treats over her normal food most of the time.

I think back to how often she would throw up the last year. I assumed it wasn't anything too bad as she did favour chewing random things and I'd find them in her vomit, but now after reading these comments about the cats who have died especially after eating the temptations due to renal failure etc. I am thinking it wasn't the best choice to buy those treats for her in the first place. I assumed they were safe. I am sorry, my sam.

I have 2 6month old kittens and they loved their kitten milk until you decided to change it! They will not drink it at all now and I myself can see the change. It always looked creamy before and a thicker consistency. It now is white and pours just like milk. I have bought this in bulk and now have 30 bottles that are useless to me. Can you tell me why you have decided to change the ingredients please? My kittens are not getting the nutrients as they were before and now won't drink it at all. They loved it before!

OK, so recently we purchased a Whiskas food pouch from our local shop. The pouch was intact completely and in date. On opening it, it was just pure mush, no way was I feeding it to my cat. On closer inspection it was riddled with dead but still fresh maggots!!! So I sealed it all up in bags, took pics ready to send to Purina. They weren't interested and just asked to send pics, as I did. The final reply I got from them was packaging sometimes gets damaged on route from the factory to consumer which attracts flies, etc. However as I stated to them the pouch was fully intact and not damaged... But they did send me a 3 compo voucher. LOL.

I started feeding my kittens/cats temptations about 2 months ago, today I noticed diarrhea in litterbox and also cat throw up sometimes. I went to read reviews on these treats and saw all the folks who have had to put their cats down because of renal failure. I'm so glad I did this. I hope I caught this in time, would hate to loose my babies. Don't feed your cats temptations. I usually have been buying tuna flavor.

Our 13 year indoor only Calico Kitty was a very healthy, vibrant and active cat. She was never heavy and hardly ever had any health issues. We fed her Iams and Science Diet cat food and usually gave her party mix Friskies treats for her treat fix. Every once in a while, we would treat her to a can of wet food but not very often. Recently, mid-Sept. or so, we bought a bag of Temptations cat treats. She probably had all total a couple of handfuls of the treats. I remember seeing a random article about a recall of those treats so I threw the rest of the bag away and didn't think anything further.

UNTIL we started seeing the signs that other owners have seen. She became lethargic, threw up, couldn't control her bladder. Vet said it was kidney failure. We had to put her down. We were devastated. Suddenly, I was reminded of the random article I read and decided to look it up. Sure enough, I'm pretty certain this is what happened our beloved kitty. I haven't told my husband of my suspicions because he would be very very upset and never forgive himself. Our cat was our daughter's best friend. We need to tell as many people as we can. Notify our vets and have them keep track. Something can and HAS to be done. There is something in those treats that is fatal and they all need to be pulled off of the shelves immediately.

My 5 yr old cat which seemed lively and healthy was put to sleep due to the vet stating that it was in fast down slope of health. Indoor cat, finicky about what it ate. Doctor said renal failure. Lymphoma, antifreeze or (shoulder shrug). Dr. before tests said kidney issues. The time from which I saw a night and day difference in my cats ability to cognitively know anything about its surroundings or awareness was the moment I fed him temptations treats. I mean the timeline of his zombie like appearance (which was ONLY three days) lined up with when I started giving him the treats.

THREE days after... The vet advised that he was suffering, we could put him down or go through unpredictable outcome of major medical attention. The night before we decided to bring my cat to the vet I did a vague Google search on his symptoms and immediately brought me to forums that brought my attention to the temptations treats. RENAL FAILURE... is what was stated from others that fed their pets the same treats. I gave my cat the treats on Saturday September 24th 2016... On September 27th 2016 two vets gave no confidence he would pull through. I put him down not to suffer... RENAL FAILURE WAS PROGNOSIS.

Has anyone had trouble feeding your cats Whiskas Wet Tray food? I fed mine a tray of the beef dinner and now he is throwing up, just lying around the house with little or no energy. He has no interest in the "red dot" which is totally unusual for him.

About two months ago we purchased the Temptations Catnip flavored treats for our 6 year old cat Salem. He absolutely loved them, so we got the bigger container. About a week later he began to drastically lose weight and became jaundice. We immediately stopped giving him the treats since that was the only change in his diet and began working to get his weight back but he never recovered and he finally succumbed this past weekend. I wish I had read all of these complaints before purchasing this product. He was my emotional needs pet and he is not replaceable.

I brought home my new kitty Lolita last Friday. It is now one week later. I have been feeding her exactly what the rescue fed her and gave her roundworm treatment last Saturday, tapeworm treatment on Tuesday. A vet visit on Monday said she was very healthy and perfectly fine, also that giving the two worm treatments so close was no problem. Then I gave Lolita Temptations treats from a sample given to me. Lolita loved them! I gave her the sample bag over three days and then stopped. Yesterday I opened a new bigger bag of Temptations from the store and gave her three (only three). This morning her has diarrhea. The treats are the only thing I have given her that was different. Have thrown the bags I bought out already. She seems fine other than the diarrhea, I will be watching her closely though.

At one time my parents had 3 healthy male tabby cats; one (Doc -age 5,) the other (Banjo - age 9) and (Little Guy - age 7.) Doc was a stray cat I found when I still lived with my parents growing up and brought home when he was a kitten. Banjo and Little Guy were purchased at a pet store. Banjo and Doc were two of the best pets I've ever had, but especially Doc. He was my best buddy through some tough times for me when a girl I was going to get engaged to broke up with me and my Dad losing his business. Doc was much like a dog in the way that he loved contact with humans and needed to be sitting on or near you at all times.

I remember I would prop him up like a person to sit on the couch next to me while I watched the Chicago Cubs and he would sit like that the whole game until you picked him up again to put him somewhere else. His head would move back and forth with the baseball; I'd never seen a cat like that before and honestly wasn't a big cat fan until I found him. Banjo was their father figure and a fearless leader; always looking after the other two and cleaning them. He had a majestic proud looking demeanor, always striking stoic poses, crossing his two front paws while he sat. We would always joke that he thought he was a lion. We loved all 3 cats including Little Guy, but he was scared and finicky about everything; not the friendliest cat ever.

My parents made the huge mistake of getting him declawed (which I do not agree with,) because he destroyed all of my Moms furniture. After being declawed; became scared of everything and spent a lot of time hiding under the bed. My parents after realized they made a bad decision and never did it again. We gave him as much love as he would let us give him.

We have always fed all 3 cats high quality wet/dry food from brands like Merrick their entire lives on a consistent basis until one day my dad brought home some Whiskas Temptations cat treats for them. Besides Little Guy; the other two cats liked the treats so much that just crinkling on the package (the sound the bag makes when you're trying to open it,) would stir both cats into a stage of manic frenzy. We would always joke and call it kitty crack because of the addictive behavior it created in our cats. They would lose it if they didn't get their Temptations and would be insane while gobbling them up. Sometimes I would put wet food out and they wouldn't eat it, but walk by the cabinet we kept the Temptations in and make weird meowing noises until we gave them the treats like spoiled brats.

It was really abnormal, but made them very happy. At that time we should have started looking more into the ingredients and or stopped it altogether. We did try to stop feeding them the treats few times, but they became unbearable to be around when they didn't get their Temptations. On the other hand, always a rouge; Little Guy would not eat them for some reason, no matter which flavor we purchased. Even in light of all of that; I never thought it was anything fatal to worry about because I get the same way with coffee sometimes.) It was entertaining to watch until things took a harsh turn for the worst.

We didn't change anything about the way we fed Banjo and Doc other than giving them a small handful of treats once or twice a day in between Merrick style wet/dry foods. On and off during the 6 months they were eating Temptations; Doc and Banjo would have hydration issues and we had to had to feed them this electrolyte vet prescribed drink during the 6 months they were being fed Temptations, but it never dawned on us it was the treats we were feeding them that was making them sick, so we tried every other thing to make them better to no avail.

Towards the end of the 6 month period we were feeding them Whiskas Temptations, both Doc and Banjo began to get really sick and then in final passing away. There was definitely a noticeable pattern of escalating illness from the moment we started feed them the Temptations, but again never even crossed our mind it was the treats that were to blame. Banjo died first and 3 weeks later Doc passed. The cause of their death according to the vet was acute renal failure.

Little Guy ended up living till 12 and as I stated earlier (was the only of the 3 cats that would not eat the treats.) So, in the end it's pretty obvious what happened because with a different ages, upbringings and personalities; the only common thread between Doc and Banjo was their diets. All of those variables and identical symptoms and times of death. I know to most people would say, "they're just cats and get over it," but It was really devastating for our family that felt like they had just lost 2 best friends. They became part of our little family and died way too soon. This is something you can avoid by not feeding your cats Whiskas Temptations.

I've since then have told this story to all of the stores near my apartment that carry pet food and they have taken Whiskas Temptations off their shelves besides one larger chain store. I would recommend doing the same and if we all work together; can saves the lives of quite a few of our furry friends out there. This is not an isolated incident either. I've read hundreds of the same stories online that had almost identical results, so again share this story as much as you can and urge your local stores that carry pet food to take it off their shelves. Since the FDA won't ban the product or at least put a warning on it; we can stand up to this big corporation, inform and be proactive enough to make a big difference.

Thanks for reading this and hope it helps you and many others. Because of my families tragic losses; I am starting a Facebook page dedicated to informing cat owners about the toxic nature of the product called, "Whiskas Temptations will kill your cat." Please like and share this page to spread awareness. I know it's a morbid sounding name, but it's the truth. Thanks again for reading, have a great day!!

I received a Temptations Tasty Chicken Flavor sample at Sam's Club kiosk around a month ago. One of my cats wouldn't touch it. The second cat loved it but he threw up what he ate overnight several weeks ago. Other than that he was fine. Then last Wednesday/Thursday I gave him the remaining 6-7 treats, which was within the feeding guidelines. Within 24 hours he was lethargic and his urine had a dark yellow/brown color. I didn't make the connection to this product and found this website documenting all the cases of acute renal failure and illnesses here when it was too late.

I had assumed since this product was made in Canada it was safe. I'm very careful about making sure all my animal's food and treats are made in the USA. This sweet boy who I had for almost 10 years and was healthy in every way had to be euthanized. My vet's concern after looking at the list of ingredients was did the chicken come from China. The chicken jerky for dogs wasn't that long ago... chicken that came from China! It doesn't matter if some cats are able to eat this treat without any issues. If any cat is getting acutely sick after digesting this product it should be removed from the shelves immediately!! There is nothing more devastating than to have to watch what was a healthy animal one day get so acutely ill that the only recourse is euthanasia.

I always buy my Bengal cat top quality cat food and treats. Only made in the USA with no anomaly by product or chemicals. For some unknown reason I bought him Whiskas Temptations Salmon flavor treats from Ralph's. I gave him 4 pieces. He was hesitant but he ate them. In less then 10 minutes he threw them up and continued to throw up for 1 hour. He is now lethargic and falling asleep. If he dies I will kill this company. Horrible.

My cat used to be huge and beautiful... full of life. He loved Temptation chicken treats. His first started falling out and lost weight. He became lethargic and almost lifeless. We took him to the vet and since we've STOPPED giving him these treats he is 100% better. I will never give him these again!!

We just returned from a trip to Canada and when packing my two cats' usual food, I forgot their treats. I purchased Whiskas Temptations in a supermarket as the package said "all natural". They threw up for hours - both of them - and these are cats that will eat almost anything and never get sick other than an occasional hairball. They then were lethargic and had no appetite for an entire day. We were in our motor home where they have traveled with us many times and in over 3 years nothing like this has ever happened. They were perfectly fine before they ate the Temptations, and I gave each cat only 4 tiny pieces. The vomiting started within a half hour, maybe even less. After 36 hours they are no longer sick and they finally ate a tiny bit of vet prescribed ID diet a short time ago and seem to be holding that down OK. I only hope there is no long lasting effect. I strongly urge everyone NOT to buy this food.

Whiskas have changed the recipe for their biscuits. They don't say as much but they appear to be the same as the Whiskas Temptation Treats. My cat was continually being sick when I gave her the treats and it took me ages to realise that it was the biscuits causing the problems. I have always given her Whiskas biscuits and other products. I didn't take any notice of the packaging for the new biscuits, but shortly after starting to give them to her, she was being sick every day. I cut everything out of her diet that I had been giving her and gradually re-introduced things one at a time for a few days. That's how I realised that it was definitely the biscuits causing the problems. I don't know what Whiskas have put into them, but I would not recommend them to anyone. I feel it's about time that Whiskas started to look at why their products are making so many cats ill.

My daughter had a pet Persian cat, light beige in color, that was so fluffy and big in size that it was sometimes mistaken for a dog, and was so gentle with children that even if they accidentally stepped on its tail and hurt it, it still wouldn't scratch them. Its food was Whiskas, so we always had that cat food in stock. The cat suddenly fell sick one day and couldn't be revived by the vet, due perhaps to accumulated fur ball in its stomach, but there are those who say that a cat's kidneys can give out from chemicals it has consumed. Too bad 'cause there was a heartbroken schoolgirl who lost her beloved pet.

Whiskas Cat Food Company Profile