Whiskas Cat Food

Compare Cat Food

Research top Cat Food recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I fed our three cats the temptation treats. They got so addicted they cried constantly until they went through withdrawal. Whatever the ingredients there must be excitotoxins in them because their personalities changed. All three cats stopped eating their regular food. They were becoming sick too which is why I stopped buying. One cat pees blood now. One vomited for three days straight & the third cat was turning into a demon.

Don't feed these to your cats. Some people have stated that their cats have died & I refuse to give my money to a large company who puts profits before safety. Just like the chemicals put on Doritos to keep you munching and munching. The Mars company is making the poorest quality cat food and treats. We now buy beef lung for our cats - much healthier and you know what the ingredients are? Beef lung that's it! Don't kill your cat with Temptations cat treats!! Don't buy them and tell that company it's bad bad bad. Shame on them.

Temptations - Three cats almost died from this product. One 3 yr. old was so hooked she wouldn't eat anything else. As a result she was the first one of the three, to need medical attention. My older cat 18 yrs young was the second one to receive medical help. The third one is still in the vet's office, still running high fever. This needs to be removed from resale. You think you're buying something they like & you may make them deathly ill or actually kill them. They act as if they have been poisoned. The animal’s health is at risk, not to mention the very expensive vet bills. They all had extended stays in the clinic, praying this 3 year litter mate to the first one gets well. Still concerned about 6 others, since we rescue strays & rehome most.

My cat woke me up this morning for food and I purchased the Whiskas Seafood Medley treats for the first time. When I came home from work today, he had thrown up with some blood four times. He also had diarrhea and has not eaten dinner. Then, I realized that I gave him about 10 treats and he has been sick all day. He is 12 years old and this is very upsetting to see him not feel well. I will never purchase them again!

My cats love the Temptations cat treats especially the mixed ones. I notice after eating these treats they would vomit but not every time but they would look sick. No energy. I stopped the treats after reading reviews. Now my cats feel better. No vomiting. I'm hoping someone to check into the ingredients of these treats. My cats have more of an appetite after discarding these treats.

If I could rate this 0 I would. My cat loves catnip toys so I decided to buy her the catnip treats. She usually eats party mix by Whiskas. After giving her 2 treats, 10 minutes later she is throwing up at least 4 times. I don't know what they put in it that makes cats sick but Temptations cat treats need to go!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whiskas Cat Food?

Temptations Cat Treats - Like others who have written reviews, there is something in this product (all flavors) that makes my cats sick. Something has recently changed in the manufacturing process, because this did not happen previously. In addition, as others have reported, my one cat became "addicted" to the treats and would not eat anything but the treats and developed mental problems and died.

My cat also throws up now when he eats Temptations. People call it Kitty Crack! I do believe GMO corn is the culprit. I believe that is the horrible ingredient change that has been made to its formula. It is proven GMO foods kill the good bacteria in your gut. I don't think cat’s digestion can overcome it because they are so limited on food choices. I am moving on to Newark treats.

I've had no problems with these treats in my 3 cats. We've used the Catnip, chicken, and salmon flavors with no problems. I wonder if the problems can be narrowed down to a specific area of the country and/or a manufacturing facility.

We have two 15 year old Persian/Birman cats and their diet usually consists of Whiskas Pouches and dry food (usually Hills or Iams). However the other day I decided to try some WHISKAS 7+ Years Cat Complete Dry with Chicken. I put it in the cat's dishes and they completely ignored it and refused to eat any. The following day when they were hungry I put some Whiskas dried food in one dish and Iams dried food in the other. They both eat the Iams but left the Whiskas alone. I contacted their Customer Care line and a nice polite lady just said "Sorry, they obviously don't like it." Some customer care!

Sunday night given my 3 cats the Temptation treats. Next morning my Sammy was deathly sick vomiting. Took vet. At vet they try put cath in him he went into cardiac arrest... and died. Very healthy. I given treats before and seen where they vomited. Now few days later my Lilly in vet fighting for her life... kidney failure... and infection. She also very healthy before they ate these treats. Temptation treats are deadly. They were are only 10 months old. Even vet said she so very young for these problems. Bad I lost one. Now good chance am going to lose her. Will never buy these treats again.

We have a cat who will eat nothing unless it is the Temptations Cat Treats. The Temptations Cat Treats were the daily source of his meals each and every day, it was all he ever wanted several times throughout the day. He will end up crying (meowing) for them if not given and will only begin to meow louder if I did not give them to him. He also has had several incidents of vomiting from these cat treats. It's very clear to me with the fact he doesn't eat much of anything else besides these treats, vomits shortly after, and everything that comes up is the Temptations Cat Treats treats. He is 4 yrs old (will be 5 yrs old in a few months).

I also know it isn't specific to just one flavor, as he ate several of different Temptations Cat Treat flavors and would have the same reaction. After learning what was in these cat treats and read some of the reviews I know for certain that these are not safe. They make cats sick, and it kills them slowly. The Temptations Cat Treats are highly addicting as well, as I noticed with our cat and it's all he will want. Definitely not wise to give these to your cats.

My beautiful Bella went from being a healthy and happy 5 year old cat. I fed her extremely good food (Wellness). I started to give her Temptation treats about 2 months ago. Last week she started vomiting suddenly. I took her to the vets and she was diagnosed with acute renal failure. She spent 3 days in the hospital hooked up to an IV. She is home now but is unwell. I am heartbroken. Had I known how dangerous this product was I would never have given it to her. I am praying she somehow comes through this.

We have 2 indoor cats and have been feeding them the same high end cat food purchased from pet specialty stores without incidents; however, we occasionally have purchased Whiskas Temptations and we realize that when we do, these treats are making our cats sick. This last round: We just purchased and opened a new large container of the blue version and the cats go insane for these treats, but next thing you know, the vomiting started. When they do not eat the treats, there is no vomiting so we are positive it is something in these treats. They NEED to be analyzed to find out what is in them causing these serious issues?? We are done feeding these treats to our cats but will keep container as we are positive that once investigated properly, truth will come out.

I have a 12 year old cat who we have been giving Temptation Treats to for about 6 months. The most recent Treats were the dark green bag and she threw up every time she ate them. I washed our sheets and duvet multiple times a day for 3 days before I realized the cause was the Treats. I stopped giving them to her and the last 2 days she's been fine. I'm returning the partially consumed package to Walmart in Pickens, SC where I bought them. These Treats need to be removed from stores. They're making our animals very sick!!

Fed my little kitten Toby some of a Whiskas Kitten Chicken and Tuna Loaf pouch. Came home and he was tired and lethargic, wasn't playing and sleeping a lot. A few hours later, after waking up, he threw it all up on the floor and instantly was feeling better. Wouldn't recommend.

At first it was cute... Waking me up at night for treats. Now he won't eat regular food, and his behavior is centered around getting me to give him treats. His personality is not social like it used to be. NO MORE. This stuff isn't good... Not for my cat anyways. And it's the furthest thing from "healthy." I knew something wasn't quite right after giving these to him for around a month now but was second guessing myself because the notion of my cat being hooked on cat treats seemed absurd to me... Until now.

I gave my cat some of these treats, and he promptly threw them up. Even his bowel movement was a puddle in his litter box. After a two day fast of no water or food, and sleeping way more than usual, I had to give him tuna water. I will return the unopened bag to the grocery store, and throw away the other two bags that I had opened.

My cat loved the Temptations chicken treats (yellow bag), only gave a few at a time. Then he would prefer the treats over regular food, so I had to hide them. I stopped buying them, and then one day I decided to buy a fresh pack as they were on sale. When I gave him the treats, 5 minutes later he began to vomit them up. He vomited all night until all he was vomiting was bile and stomach juices. He would refuse to eat for days. I took him to the Vet, and there was nothing else found, no blockages etc. He is afraid to eat, and now I have to force feed him.

My cat loved the treats so tried different flavors. She loved the catnip ones but ended up being overdosed. She was drugged. Became lethargic, wouldn't eat, or go to bathroom. After trip to animal hospital and on IV fluids, she came out of her stupor. Now she is addicted to the salmon/tuna treats and not eating regular food. Have removed them and she is crying and begging for the treats.

On March 18th I purchased a 2 pack of Temptations cat treats from Sam's club in Greensboro NC. On March 19 I fed them to my cat and within 24 hours my cat was dead. I found him dead on March 20th. My cat was happy and healthy then within 24 hours of eating these treats he was DEAD! After reading all these reviews I truly believe that this is why he died. I was doubtful and the first until these reviews. The vet said possible seizures but it appears others have had seizures from these treats. This company needs to recall their crap b/c it's making our kitties sick and making them die! I fully expect a resolution from this company and I will be pursuing them to pay for his cremation bill.

My mother's cat is 18 years old, will be 19 January 2018. He has eaten Whiskas cat food his entire life, with some changes occasionally. When his food was changed, he would often throw it up because of his sensitive stomach. Especially in his old age, Whiskas cat food is the only cat food he can digest without any complications. After a bladder infection, he was put on a vet diet and couldn't stomach it longer than a month.

Now I live on my own and own my own cat. After trying various foods, we have found the once again Whiskas is the perfect food for him. We were buying another brand for most of his life, until he started losing weight at an alarming rate. Once we switched him to Whiskas dry cat food he gained his weight back and remains at a healthy weight with shiny soft fur. I've read a lot of reviews on here linking Whiskas to the death of their cats, but I can't say I personally believe Whiskas cat food is at fault. Both cats, aged 18 years and 2 years old are healthy and strong and they enjoy their Whiskas diet. Wouldn't change it.

2 of my cats always vomit after giving them anywhere from 1-3 Temptations Mixups Sunrise Scramble treats. They usually throw up randomly in a 12 hour period. Finally narrowed it down to these treats. The expiration date on the package is 3-12-18, can't find a lot #.

Mom's cat... Healthy, energetic 4 year old that lives inside. Mom goes to store, buys whiskas treats for the first time. Feeds cat the treats for first time. The next day, 2 hours later cat is dead. At Colorado State University getting an autopsy. Will let you know results when they come in, but based upon other comments here, it sure sounds like it was the Whiskas.

I have given my cat Whiskas Temptations cat treats for years. She loved them. Tonight she died suddenly without warning. She seized briefly, meowed strangely, peed, and was gone. Only now have I read the horrible reviews about how this product can cause kidney/renal failure. Do NOT use this crap. It IS slowly killing your cats. I have 3 other cats, and will NOT use this junk any more and will throw away any remaining bags. Ridiculous. Anything for money.

DO NOT feed your cat Temptation treats. I thought I was being kind of ridiculous when I googled "cat addiction to Temptation treats" until I saw how common it was and how DEVASTATING the results can be. At one point my cat stopped eating his regular food, food that he was OBSESSED with and would gobble down in one sitting. A normally super social, friendly, and talkative cat, he would not eat, he would go into a room and sit under the bed for hours, then come out and sit next to the cabinet that had the treats.

It was kind of absurd how different his behavior came to be. I wish I was exaggerating when I said he seemed like an addict. My boyfriend and I joke about it now, but it was seriously alarming. We cut him off completely and threw out all the treats once I found so many articles online. He was NOT happy at first and I would have to sit down and watch him eat his dinner to make sure he was eating.

Within a few days he was his normal self, screaming at us for cans of his food. We give him "Greenies" as treats occasionally, which he enjoys to a normal degree. We did not change anything other than the treats and within a few days, it was ALL he would eat and his life literally revolved around it. He would cry for them, stare at the dresser they were in, and refused to eat his meals.

It does not matter how badly your cat wants these treats. These treats will harm your cat's health. I have no idea what kind of garbage is in them and why on earth they are still being made is beyond me. It literally enrages me that the company has these on the shelves, people are buying them without knowing and their pets are becoming sick.

We have been feeding our cats Temptations for years with no problems till recently when I noticed one of our cats, (a female) threw up 20 minutes after eating her treats. Which is highly unusual for her. There was one day prior to the puking event that, that she turned her nose up to eating her treats which was odd and I figured it was the Mixed flavored Temptations that she just did not care for. I got her the Turkey flavored ones instead. She ate these but puked 20 minutes later so it was then that I went out and bought a different brand of treats because I feared there might be something wrong with the Temptations brand.

Everything was fine. No puking for a week while I fed her a different brand of treats until I gave them Temptations turkey treats again. She refused to eat the Temptations again. And again within 20 minutes after eating the treats one of our other cats threw up. After this experience I decided to do some research and found this site with all sorts of reviews similar to what we had been experiencing.

So in September 2016 a cat followed my daughter (grown and doesn't live with me) to my house and he looked still really young but well taken care of so I decided to keep him and put up found papers. No one ever came so after two weeks he got really hurt by a raccoon and I didn't have enough money for a vet so I had to turn him over to our local pound. Never really wanting or really even liking cats I was kind of glad to be rid of him but his eye got hurt really bad (blind in his left eye). I started thinking if the pound has not put him to sleep. It's going to be hard c to find a blind cat a home so I went to get him. Now Baby is just that my baby and as mothers often do I try not to but I spoil him. He is a real picky eater so I thought I would get him some treats Whiskas temptations and at first he liked them but after a few times given to him he no longer would eat his real food.

He would wake me up in the morning crying crying crying until I got out of bed, I would go to his food bowl and add it started to know it would be sitting full after about a week or so. When I would give him the treats he would start acting really crazy running around the house biting me, scratching me and he has never done anything of that before. I'm really worried. I know after reading all of the things I've read about it tonight looks like my little baby is going to have to go to kitty rehab JK but he is going cold turkey because he will never get another treat from whiskas.

If anyone else has had this problem please please write a review and tell me what you did and how well it worked or if it didn't what do I do? I'm so worried I might have already made him sick cause I would give him a pretty good amount everyday just so he would eat. So if anyone has done this and successfully stopped please write about it. Thank you. PS my name is Tammy and as you know his name is Baby.

I have a 8month old Egyptian meow. The only thing I added or changed was that I started giving her Temptations treats and within a couple of days I saw a major change in energy. The cat became lethargic and less responsive by the weekend. I was sure that I was going to have too put her down. I stopped giving her the treats just before it got that far. But for days after I was pretty sure she was a goner fortunately in the last two days almost 4 since I have given her any treats, it seem that she is slowly bouncing back. However still not a hundred percent. I just hope that she can recover as well as not have causing any long-term damage. I can't afford to have things chemically tested to prove any wrong doing on the company's part but I can say what I have witnessed with my own eyes. The cat does NOT HAVE ANY INTERACTION WITH ANY chemicals whatsoever and I haven't changed anything in the environment at all so that's that.

I've always given my cat Temptation treats. She would throw up a lot. Last week we ended up at the vet. I came home to a few vomit piles. She continued to vomit, only in her litter box!! She was vomiting a yellowish liquid. This was scary so I brought her to the vet. No fever. The vet said to take away all food and water for the night. They gave her fluids. Once I got home my daughter had researched the Temptation treats and was horrified. I have changed her diet to grain free dry cat food, Tiki cat canned food and am only giving her freeze dried treats. Since she stopped eating Temptations she hasn't thrown up once!!!

We recently purchased the 10 kg dry food for adults. It is AWFUL. Unfortunately we threw the bag away since we usually store the cat food in plastic containers to keep it fresh. We have 3 cats. One is pure Persian cat, the other 2 are common breed, and we faced those problems first with our Persian cat, since usually they're very picky kind of cats. But when we started seeing some major hair loss, non-stop appetite, we thought our cats are just being, well cats. But when the vomiting started, that's when we realized it wasn't just a typical cat behavior, especially that we had cats all of our lives, and our current cats have been with us since 2009, so we could say we know pretty much about feline's attitudes... So this is a very bad experience within your products and we will not purchase it anymore, nor recommend it. Even if I see someone purchasing it, I will gladly share my negative experience.

Whiskas Cat Food Company Profile