1.58/5

Need help choosing a cat food brand?

Whiskas Cat Food

Need help choosing a cat food brand?

Whiskas Cat Food Reviews

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

I always fed my cat another brand of food but switched to Whiskas cat food. Over the next few weeks he become very agitated, scratching himself like crazy, broke out in sores and lost all his hair on his legs and stomach and lost patches of hair on his neck neck and back. After going to the vet's they said he had a severe allergy and to try changing his food. After taking him off Whiskas dry cat food he stopped being agitated, stopped scratching and is now returning to his normal self. Seen a lot of comments here of other cats reacting in a similar way especially the scratching and agitation. Obviously there is something in this food that is affecting a lot of cats.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I have been feeding my cats the more expensive holistic cat food for years. Unfortunately due to a tough week and lack of money I could not afford their usual food and bought Whiskas meaty Selections Dry Cat food instead. Within 2 days of eating it they all became ill one worst than the others but all 4 vomiting and scratching uncontrollable. The worst of the bunch began sitting under a table growling and hissing at nothing all day and then thru the night chewed off the end of her own tail!!!!

When I woke up in the morning there was blood everywhere and that cat was covered in blood still growling and hissing at nothing! I realized it had to be the food as nothing else changed. I scraped together enough money to go buy their usual food and threw out the Whiskas. By the next day they were all showing improvement.... By 2 days later the worst one was finally acting normal again!! There is no way anyone is going to convince me it wasn't the food that did this!!! Absolutely horrible!!! Disgusting!!

Get expert buying tips about Cat Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

No problems Here... I have fed my cats Whiskas Pouches for years since they first began eating solid foods. My previous cat lived to be 17 1/2 years and my current cat is 13 years now and still going strong! I am thankful that I have been blessed with very healthy pets. Since Whiskas has been taken off the shelves at most stores, I have tried many other brands and my cat either does not like them or tires of them after about a month and stops eating them. I finally found Whiskas on the shelves at K-Mart but the store is closing in about 2 months...and I will be out of luck again! I don't know what I will do when they're gone! By the way, my current cat also Loves Temptations treats.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

This year was the third year I was fostering for a local rescue. For some reason, this year was also the year that kittens in my care were just not thriving, and the mamas weren't gaining either. I chalked it up to worming them with cattle dewormer, but discussion with a trusted vet clarified that no, this wormer is often used in kittens so it was unlikely to be the case. I tore my kitten room apart, trying to find some reason they would be getting so sick so quickly, some of them even dying. Nothing came up. I happened upon a comment about other kittens becoming sick in the same manner as my fosters, and after some research I found this thread. That's when it dawned on me that this was the first year I was giving kittens Whiskas, as I didn't have time to get to the shelter during the week to get the food they had.

My own cats have never eaten this swill, and as such have never been sick like the kittens were. My current fosters haven't touched it either, and have been dewormed, and are also not sick. The bunny who is a permanent resident in the kitten room is not sick, nor is the current guest in that room. Beware this company's products. They're killing animals and don't give even half a whoop.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I have been giving my cats Temptations treats for years because they loved all the varieties. Within the the past month, my 3 cats have all vomited from the treats. At first, I thought it was the store I bought them at maybe didn't store them properly, so I threw them out and purchased new treats at a different store. Well, same result. Not only am I disappointed, but I am now worried that these treats are endangering the health of my cats. It is hard for me to switch cat foods and treats because my 1 cat is very sensitive to diet changes and gets sick. The company needs to investigate this issue multiple pet owners are having since it is obvious there is a big problem!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whiskas Cat Food?

Original review: July 8, 2019

I thought it would be a fun little treat for my cat who was 4 years old. Never changed his diet or anything. And then I gave him Temptations, within two weeks he was dead. They were like crack and he would go crazy for them. I thought it was cute. He started vomiting and then one night he just laid down and died. The only thing different in those two weeks to a healthy indoor cat were those treats. I cringe every time I see them in the store. I know what killed my Luca. And still I read the same thing over and over. Wake up Whiskas.

Original review: July 3, 2019

We had purchased a big bag of the Whiskas Cat Food and found a bunch of little pieces of plastic mixed in with the food. Do not buy this food. I would like a response back in this matter or I will be sharing my story and pictures all over social media.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I have bought several boxes of Whiskas Cat Food for it all to be wasted. Every pouch I have put down is off and not fresh and my cat will not eat it. It has made him sick vomiting and diarrhea and lethargic. This has only happened over the last few months but the smell is disgusting and never fresh and off colour in the pouch. From my cat loving it he hates it now and has made him ill. Not a happy customer.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I bought a 2kg Whiskas from a store in Durban & I open to feed my babies only to find it had webs inside the package & insect in the package. Please can someone assist me, I always buys this product for my babies. Thank you. Pinky

Original review: March 10, 2019

Hi. My cat loves her Whiskas Cuts in Gravy, she doesn't like patè won't even give it a sniff. You guys seem to be the only food that is like this type of product. I'm trying to buy more and I can't find the 24 packs anymore in our town or neighbor town. What's up with this... Thanks.

Whiskas Cat Food Company Information