1.27/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 25, 2018

326 Whiskas Cat Food Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 25, 2018

My cat has been addicted to the treats. Wait all day in the same place for them. That’s all he wants. He won’t eat his dry food. He’s gone crazy just waiting around for it. He got sick, lost 5 pounds and I’ve spent hundreds on vets. He’s only three and I have to figure out what am I going to do to make him forget about all these treats. Please read all the reviews because it is damn true!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

My cat was 13 2 months old. I had to euthanize him last week. He had been throwing up for years. Vet. Said hairballs. Week before he threw up every time he ate then he stopped eating, running, pooping. Back and forth to the Vet. Did a xray. His colon was packed and he was in renal failure. We decided to euthanize him because he had suffered so long already. I am 60 and have owned all kinds of animals and have never euthanized any this young. Now my 9 year old cat is throwing up taking him in tom. to the Vet. I am devastated that the USDA and whomever else would allow a company to kill this many animals and not stop production of this deadly Treat. Please Pray for my other boy.

Get expert buying tips about Cat Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I stopped giving my cats this treat and they stopped throwing up and lost weight. I fed my 1 cat the treats far too long and has renal problems like other complaints I have read. If you see this product throw away instantly and beg anyone you know to change to a product like Greenies.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I have been giving these (Temptation Cat Treats) to my (now 19+ yr old) cat for years. We have never had any problems. She vomits, but has hairball issues. Not "addicted" to them. She gets both dry and wet food. The cat eats like a horse, but has always been a little cat (She weighs about 6 lbs, never has she weighed more than 9 lbs.). She loves them.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

My baby girl is 17 yrs old and suffers from kidney disease. She has been on a high end expensive dry food for years, along with wet food that I spike with 1/2 tsp fiber to keep things “regular”. She was doing well and I decided to buy Temptations treats as something extra to give her. She immediately LOVED them and responded like they were, well, crack. She could not consume them fast enough!!

She would freak out at the sound of the bag, climb you, bite your fingers thinking you had one and I thought it was so cute! Suddenly, she stopped eating her dry food at all. Would not touch it. She would still drink the gravy from her wet food and eat some of it, but she was not eating enough. All she would eat much of, were these crack treats. So I gave them to her! Something was better than nothing, right?! Wrong. She began vomiting white foam regularly and was straining to urinate and defecate in the litter. She would try and then cry and cry, then vomit. She was very lethargic and slept often.

Something was just not right! She drank little water and all she wanted and the only thing that perked her up momentarily was TEMPTATIONS TREATS. I did some research and came across this forum, I could not believe how many reviews echoed what I was experiencing!!! I immediately stopped giving her the treats and took her to the vet for a full work-up. ($500+) She had lost 2+ lbs in 6 mos and had a severe urinary tract infection from E.COLI!!! The only thing changed in those 6 mos were the introduction of these treats.

She has been off the temptations treats for 3 weeks, and on antibiotics for the E. Coli infection. She is eating her dry food again! Thank goodness! Drinking water regularly and seems to be herself. I thoroughly believe these treats would have killed her if I’d continued to allow her to eat them! THEY ARE POISON!!! I hope she has no long term effects as a result. This company needs to be shut down!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whiskas Cat Food?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I too have been giving my cats these horrible treats (Whiskas Temptations). They too have become addicted after giving them these for several years. I lost one of my cats back in September to what we thought was a thyroid problem which she had never had before. She had to be put down after losing so much weight and going into liver failure. Now, one of my other cats is losing weight and throwing up. I finally researched them and was shocked to find so many others with the same issue. I threw all the treats away and will never buy anything from them again, I just hope my cat gets better now. My older cat (14) has been pawing at me all the time, I thought he was just missing his friend but it's addiction. I am sure.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I have had several cats throughout the last 40 years and have been loyal to Whiskas tinned cat food but have noticed a decline in the meat quality over the years. At the beginning my cats loved the jelly meat tin - when opening the tin there was no horrible smell, very little jelly and my cats loved it till empty. Then the company changed the content and my cats would not eat it anymore. There was a bad rotten smell when opening the tins and my cats are very intelligent - they knew I was serving an inferior product so I had to give those two cats fresh mince (as well as cat biscuits and occasionally our leftover food) till they passed away.

After those two I had a beautiful cat Max who had been the family's favorite pet and I again bought Whiskas tinned food - he liked Lamb and Kidney, and Tuna and sardine. These two were deadly to him as he got blockages in his urethra canal and could not pass urine. The first time it happened he became very bloated and just laid on ground in agony. The vet unblocked his urethra and all was well till a few months later it happened again. This time the vet told me not to feed anything with gelatin as this was causing crystals in his urethra blocking his urinating. So we were strict with his feeding but he lost a lot of weight because he didn't like the food we were giving him and he ate very little. After a few months I felt sorry for him and gave him the Sardine and Tuna tin -- big BIG mistake -- it happened again and this time the vet could not unblock his urethra canal and my beautiful Max had to be put down. (I am crying as I write this).

After Max I did not want any more pets as it was too painful on the whole family after losing him. Anyway a few years later I came across 2 rescued kittens and I could not part with them and so they have a diet of dry, wet and fresh cat food. I introduced them to Whiskas Sardine and Tuna and they liked it. But over these past few years the company changes the recipe (for the worse not for better, has way too much gelatin and smells bad) and my cats have been leaving the tinned food on the plate SO ONCE AGAIN I have changed over to Fussy cat tinned Tuna Loaf and Dine tins and they seem to like it. My two cats are huge and they go through 1 tin a day between them so Whiskas is going to lose my loyalty for the next 5-10 years.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

You all know that our fur babies are precious. That being said, some of us, me, give them treats. My local pet store said we call this kitty krack & it is. My baby is 7 months old & I think I was giving him this tp #1 make him happy #1+2 leave me alone. But Quincy got really hyper, scratching me, jumping at me from behind curtains. So I cut him down to no more than 10 treats. He is calmer. I am going to wean him off and not purchase this product again. My Baby ain't gonna become a kitty krackhead on my watch. LOL.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

My 3 year old cat is so addicted to these Temptations Catnip Treats he stopped eating regular food altogether. He is not drinking water from either and I can tell he is rapidly losing weight. He paws at the pantry door all day and night and won’t stop. He is barely using the litter box. My other cat throws up immediately after eating these so I do not give them to him. DO NOT BUY THIS POISON.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I wish I've read these reviews before giving my cat of 18 yrs these treats (chicken flavor). I would give a 0 stars if I could. My cat crave this temptation treat and quit eating dry when I started about 2 months ago. He has lost a few pounds and fell ill this week. Someone need to put this co. out of business.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

My cat has eaten these treats for years. After this year he will not. He has been extremely ill and vomiting for more than half of this year. I didn't put two and two together until my boyfriend gave him treats last night and he threw up again this morning after not being sick for several days. I had to take him to the vet last week and it cost over 500 dollars running tests when all it was, was the treats. Save your money and your pet and just don't feed them to him or her.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I gave my cat who was a new mother of 5 beautiful 5 week old kittens a Temptations Cat Treat. Within the week she started vomiting everywhere. I put her separately so she wouldn’t get stressed out and when I checked on her, she was dead. Bloated belly, blood coming from the mouth. After doing much research I truly believe it was because of the Temptations treat that she died. DO NOT GIVE YOUR CAT THESE CAT TREATS. So many other people and pets have been affected by this company and it needs to stop.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Temptations Dry Cat Food - My cat has been addicted to these "treats" ever since she was little. I used to feed her only this. Then I thought something was odd about this craving, read the label, sent in a request for cat food evaluation and got nothing. She has been throwing up, but there was usually a hairball, so I figured it was the hairball. I started giving her wet food with less of this "treat". She will sit the entire day and not eat the wet food, until I guess she is starving, then she will eat it. She started biting me. I cut it down and down. She looks very unhappy when she doesn't get it.

Today I gave in and fed her more of the treat. Note: my cat is unfortunately not very affectionate. Today, after MORE of this junk, she's all loving and happy with me. It's called behavioral reinforcement... I like her being nice. I feed her the treats. Today I found this information just in time. Thanks to this website and helpful posts. Thank-you. Thank-you! I am disgusted. Who knows how bad her pancreas is now.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Ate Temptations for 3 Weeks then Fell Ill - It's impossible to say with 100% certainty whether or not Temptations triggered pancreas issues for my cat... but I will say -- $700 in vet bills later -- the timeline perfectly aligns. Week 1 she became obsessed with the treats... a week later she started spontaneously vomiting and completely lost her appetite, which is very unlike her. She was given medication and is off the treats: hasn't thrown up since. Unfortunately the pancreas flair-ups will remain, so she is now on extremely expensive food. Just happy it didn't end worse. No matter how much your cat loves these treats, don't give in!!! Not worth it. My cat never got excited about treats or food, so I loved seeing her freak out for these snacks... which now makes me even more suspicious that something was up with them!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

We have 4 cats. 2 ate these treats Nikita and Carmella. 2 did not, Hallie and Lilly. The two that did were peeing all the time. I even had to take Nikita to the vet for 130.00 Carmella stopped eating the other food and acted like a drug addict for those treats after not buying them for awhile due to the fact Carmella acted so addicted. Everything was okay with them. As a treat we bought them again and that's when it dawned on us. It was the treats because they started peeing 20 plus times a day and Carmella acted nuts. I just found out today when my wife told me after talking to my mom that same thing happened to her cat peed all the time run out of treats back to normal then noticed the peeing all day after the treats.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

The fact Whiskas Cat Food can still get away with selling this garbage says a lot about the amount of inspecting that goes on in the pet food industry. My Cat, who just turned 4 years old this month, has ALWAYS been addicted to these cursed treats. It got to the point she wouldn't eat anything else, thus she became constipated from no moist in her diet. I tried switching her to a number of other treats, but she would go through withdrawal without Temptations (any flavor).

Now, she's gotten worse. She currently has UTI, and now a series of other health problems thanks to these treats. I was finally able to get her to eat some wet food tonight, I think now she's realizing they're making her ill. Will never buy this garbage again, it's done nothing but made my cat addicted and suffer. This company needs to be shut down, it's DANGEROUS for your cats!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I was convinced there was an addictive component to Temptations cat treats. Our two cats were relentless in bugging me to give them their "evening treat." If permitted, they would eat the cat treats instead of any other cat food, wet or dry. I am just now reading what other cat owners say about this product. I've tried weaning them off the treats but nearly lost my mind trying to ignore their relentless demand i.e., in-my-face meowing, rubbing on my legs. One cat would sit next to me and poke me with his paw, again and again and again. If I yelled for him to stop, he would poke me and run and then do it again! I received my order of pet food delivered from an online company. I ordered 4 flavors of Temptations treats, but something is different - the cats won't eat them at all. They seem confused but won't back down with their demands. Now I want to know what the real story is here. Has someone made changes?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I fed our three cats the temptation treats. They got so addicted they cried constantly until they went through withdrawal. Whatever the ingredients there must be excitotoxins in them because their personalities changed. All three cats stopped eating their regular food. They were becoming sick too which is why I stopped buying. One cat pees blood now. One vomited for three days straight & the third cat was turning into a demon.

Don't feed these to your cats. Some people have stated that their cats have died & I refuse to give my money to a large company who puts profits before safety. Just like the chemicals put on Doritos to keep you munching and munching. The Mars company is making the poorest quality cat food and treats. We now buy beef lung for our cats - much healthier and you know what the ingredients are? Beef lung that's it! Don't kill your cat with Temptations cat treats!! Don't buy them and tell that company it's bad bad bad. Shame on them.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Temptations - Three cats almost died from this product. One 3 yr. old was so hooked she wouldn't eat anything else. As a result she was the first one of the three, to need medical attention. My older cat 18 yrs young was the second one to receive medical help. The third one is still in the vet's office, still running high fever. This needs to be removed from resale. You think you're buying something they like & you may make them deathly ill or actually kill them. They act as if they have been poisoned. The animal’s health is at risk, not to mention the very expensive vet bills. They all had extended stays in the clinic, praying this 3 year litter mate to the first one gets well. Still concerned about 6 others, since we rescue strays & rehome most.

Original review: July 26, 2017

My cat woke me up this morning for food and I purchased the Whiskas Seafood Medley treats for the first time. When I came home from work today, he had thrown up with some blood four times. He also had diarrhea and has not eaten dinner. Then, I realized that I gave him about 10 treats and he has been sick all day. He is 12 years old and this is very upsetting to see him not feel well. I will never purchase them again!

Original review: July 22, 2017

My cats love the Temptations cat treats especially the mixed ones. I notice after eating these treats they would vomit but not every time but they would look sick. No energy. I stopped the treats after reading reviews. Now my cats feel better. No vomiting. I'm hoping someone to check into the ingredients of these treats. My cats have more of an appetite after discarding these treats.

Original review: July 21, 2017

If I could rate this 0 I would. My cat loves catnip toys so I decided to buy her the catnip treats. She usually eats party mix by Whiskas. After giving her 2 treats, 10 minutes later she is throwing up at least 4 times. I don't know what they put in it that makes cats sick but Temptations cat treats need to go!

Original review: July 14, 2017

Temptations Cat Treats - Like others who have written reviews, there is something in this product (all flavors) that makes my cats sick. Something has recently changed in the manufacturing process, because this did not happen previously. In addition, as others have reported, my one cat became "addicted" to the treats and would not eat anything but the treats and developed mental problems and died.

Original review: July 10, 2017

My cat also throws up now when he eats Temptations. People call it Kitty Crack! I do believe GMO corn is the culprit. I believe that is the horrible ingredient change that has been made to its formula. It is proven GMO foods kill the good bacteria in your gut. I don't think cat’s digestion can overcome it because they are so limited on food choices. I am moving on to Newark treats.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I've had no problems with these treats in my 3 cats. We've used the Catnip, chicken, and salmon flavors with no problems. I wonder if the problems can be narrowed down to a specific area of the country and/or a manufacturing facility.

Original review: June 16, 2017

We have two 15 year old Persian/Birman cats and their diet usually consists of Whiskas Pouches and dry food (usually Hills or Iams). However the other day I decided to try some WHISKAS 7+ Years Cat Complete Dry with Chicken. I put it in the cat's dishes and they completely ignored it and refused to eat any. The following day when they were hungry I put some Whiskas dried food in one dish and Iams dried food in the other. They both eat the Iams but left the Whiskas alone. I contacted their Customer Care line and a nice polite lady just said "Sorry, they obviously don't like it." Some customer care!

Original review: June 15, 2017

Sunday night given my 3 cats the Temptation treats. Next morning my Sammy was deathly sick vomiting. Took vet. At vet they try put cath in him he went into cardiac arrest... and died. Very healthy. I given treats before and seen where they vomited. Now few days later my Lilly in vet fighting for her life... kidney failure... and infection. She also very healthy before they ate these treats. Temptation treats are deadly. They were are only 10 months old. Even vet said she so very young for these problems. Bad I lost one. Now good chance am going to lose her. Will never buy these treats again.

Original review: May 30, 2017

We have a cat who will eat nothing unless it is the Temptations Cat Treats. The Temptations Cat Treats were the daily source of his meals each and every day, it was all he ever wanted several times throughout the day. He will end up crying (meowing) for them if not given and will only begin to meow louder if I did not give them to him. He also has had several incidents of vomiting from these cat treats. It's very clear to me with the fact he doesn't eat much of anything else besides these treats, vomits shortly after, and everything that comes up is the Temptations Cat Treats treats. He is 4 yrs old (will be 5 yrs old in a few months).

I also know it isn't specific to just one flavor, as he ate several of different Temptations Cat Treat flavors and would have the same reaction. After learning what was in these cat treats and read some of the reviews I know for certain that these are not safe. They make cats sick, and it kills them slowly. The Temptations Cat Treats are highly addicting as well, as I noticed with our cat and it's all he will want. Definitely not wise to give these to your cats.

Original review: May 24, 2017

My beautiful Bella went from being a healthy and happy 5 year old cat. I fed her extremely good food (Wellness). I started to give her Temptation treats about 2 months ago. Last week she started vomiting suddenly. I took her to the vets and she was diagnosed with acute renal failure. She spent 3 days in the hospital hooked up to an IV. She is home now but is unwell. I am heartbroken. Had I known how dangerous this product was I would never have given it to her. I am praying she somehow comes through this.

Original review: April 29, 2017

We have 2 indoor cats and have been feeding them the same high end cat food purchased from pet specialty stores without incidents; however, we occasionally have purchased Whiskas Temptations and we realize that when we do, these treats are making our cats sick. This last round: We just purchased and opened a new large container of the blue version and the cats go insane for these treats, but next thing you know, the vomiting started. When they do not eat the treats, there is no vomiting so we are positive it is something in these treats. They NEED to be analyzed to find out what is in them causing these serious issues?? We are done feeding these treats to our cats but will keep container as we are positive that once investigated properly, truth will come out.

Whiskas Cat Food Company Information