3.6/5 (259 ratings)

About Figo Pet Insurance

Figo offers customizable coverage built for millennial pet parents. The company offers three comprehensive plans, and you can add optional coverage like Wellness, Veterinary Exam Fee or the Extra Care Pack. Figo offers up to 100% reimbursement, which is extremely rare for a pet insurance company and helps ensure you can keep costs down on large vet bills.

Pros

• Flexible plan options
  • No upper age limit
  • Claim filing via app
  • 24/7 live vet chat

Cons

• Wellness plans not included in base coverage
  • Standard plan doesn't pay exam fees

Bottom Line

Figo Pet Insurance offers three customizable plans covering accidents and illnesses for dogs and cats at least 8 weeks old. Plans with 100% reimbursement or unlimited annual benefits are available.

Figo Pet Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Figo Pet Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Figo Pet Insurance?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I loved the company when I first signed on. Low premiums and fast claims processes. I signed on with them because of the premium price. My dog was diagnosed with a heart murmur. They were very easy to deal with. I expected premiums to go up after she needed medication. They didn't go up much the first year. The next year though the premium more than doubled, the deductible went up $500, the co-insurance went down 10%, and the rest of the coverage lessened as well. Why? Because Florida changed state laws to allow them to hike up prices. I understand this is a business but this was ridiculous!

I cancelled and now have to take my chances with something going wrong because I could not pay for the high premium plus my dog's medications, which I would have to pay for since there is no way I would meet the deductible unless something extreme happened. Medications are considered preexisting conditions for pets so I can't go to another company. I could not recommend this company at this time.

Hi Laura,

We're sorry to hear about this experience. We wanted to reach out and clarify the renewal and claims process, so let's dive in! Our rates are based on your pet's age, breed, gender, and average vet costs in your zip code - each factor is reevaluated on an annual basis, so slight increases are common at renewal. We are saddened to see that you have already canceled your policy, but we would be more than happy to discuss your policy further! We're wishing you & Princess a Happy New Year!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

This is a great company for "major medical" type insurance for your pets. You can select your level of coverage, and they pay out claims fairly quickly. We have two large dogs covered by them, and so far, so good!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

When our dog Bella was diagnosed with bladder cancer, Figo was there for us. From paying the reimbursements promptly to the kind and caring customer service reps. I’d recommend them to all pet owners.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

The Figo app makes submitting an insurance claim extremely easy, and the response time is very fast! I am so grateful that I chose Figo for my dog. I hoped that I would never have to file a claim. Unfortunately, my dog has lymphoma. Figo has made it possible for me to care for my dog without financial hardship. Thank you!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I did a lot of research before finally deciding to go with Figo and I am so glad! It is so easy to handle everything with their app/portal and they are super responsive. Having this insurance helped us a lot when we had to pay for the treatment of a sudden brain tumor my dog suffered. Believe me, it was worth it! I don't know what we have done without this insurance to deal with that, so thank you FIGO!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I would like to thank Figo for their incredible reliability and sensitivity in helping care for our cat Tiger Lily. She was a rescue that needed a lot of veterinary care and Figo paid every eligible claim we submitted. In addition to that, the customer care was personal and the staff was always so professional. When sadly our kitty passed, they sent a heartfelt condolence and provided unexpected support for final expenses. Amazing company!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

We have been with Figo for over two years, and we love it as much as our 85 lb fur baby. They are competitively priced, quick to respond to claims, and have been so reasonable with our claims. We have absolutely no complaints and will be sticking with Figo.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I have had good experiences with Figo. My dog needed a TPLO and rehab and it was covered. Every claim I make after that first claim gets reimbursed very quickly. The one time I had a problem, I emailed and it was resolved very quickly. I have already recommended Figo to several of my coworkers.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I am now stuck with an insurer that does not believe in supporting dogs through the NUMBER ONE killer for dogs...behavioral concerns. While my veterinarian prescribed behavioral therapies to help my dog have a better quality of life and greater quality of life for the humans (AND reap the benefits on health that behavior therapies give). I chose Figo years ago because of this, but now I wish I could switch to Nationwide. I am stuck and I am so sorry that I have referred clients to Figo now that they have been subjected to the same switch. PLEASE SWITCH BACK TO THE PREVIOUS UNDERWRITER. I am not sure how this can be legal, but I am guessing it is, but that doesn't mean it is right. I will no longer be referring clients and veterinary friends to enrollment with Figo, it is not a company to be trusted.

Rebecca,

Thank you for the feedback provided. Figo does currently offer coverage for behavioral conditions and we hope that in the future we may be able to expand that coverage as our pets' needs grow and further treatment advances are made available. We thank you for being part of the family and hope all your pets are doing well at this time.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I haven't needed to use Figo lately but the times I did it was seamless. I went to the vet. Paid the bill. Took a picture of the bill and emailed it to Figo and they made a direct deposit into my bank account. I suggest Figo to all my friends with animals.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I really cannot express how Figo has saved my wallet, and therefore, my ability to best care for my pup, who’s experiencing spine problems. Once they had all of her medical records and I met my deductible (surprisingly only $200 with the plan I chose), every time I submitted a claim, the money I paid the vet was directly deposited back into my bank account within 2-3 days. Plus, I can submit the claim on the app and it takes less than 5 minutes. I’m so happy I did my due diligence when researching and choosing a pet insurance company because I am thrilled with my experience with Figo. Also, I work with animals, mostly dogs and cats, and I’ve recommended Figo to my clients. I do not recommend anything to anyone unless I feel it to be the best choice. Several of my clients have agreed and signed on!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

Figo insurance literally pays for itself. After our deductible is met we pay 20% of our bills. Especially if your animals are like mine and tend to have to go to the vet for a issue or two each year. Our policy covers mostly everything but preventatives. It’s super easy to submit a claim through the Figo App. Usually, there is about a 5-day turnaround from submitting a claim to my claim be closed and a check being sent. I have had to call Figo a few times, I always spoke with a real person and everything usually was handled quickly. Definitely recommend to friends and family.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I compared most of the pet insurance companies on the market and Figo seems to be at the top. I chose a midrange plan which is $79/month. I personally feel that is a lot of money a month for not covering any preventive care, non preventive medication, and preventive medication. I have yet in 3 years had a reason to use an emergency service but I fear once I lower my grade of insurance or discontinue it my dog will suffer an injury I can not afford to pay for. I feel like pet insurance gets you where they know you can’t say no and the payments are extremely high. I however as I said never had a negative experience with them as I never filled a emergency claim. All claims filled for non preventive meds were denied.

HI Devon,

Thank you for the feedback provided and for being a valued policyholder since 2017. We primarily focus coverage on unexpected illnesses, injuries, and accidents. We don't currently offer wellness coverage but hope in the future to continue to expand our coverage and bring more added value to our already great plans and service.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

Our dog CJ was run over and had significant medical bills. I was worried about getting insurance company run around. We got none of that. Figo was there when we needed it and delivered on its policy in a timely manner. What you want out of an insurance policy - reliability and service.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

Your company is amazing. So easy to work with, fair pricing, and a great value. You are a model for insurance companies. I wish you offered human health insurance and had the same ease of experience as you offer with pet insurance! Think about it ;). I could not be happier with your service.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

Extremely efficient, great customer service, I would fully recommend to anyone looking for pet insurance. I have nothing but praise for Figo as a company. They have the best customer service I’ve dealt with of any company in a long time.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I have had to make several claims with Figo after my dog had stomach issues. Each time was easy to file through the app. Once all the documents were uploaded I would receive my reimbursement within a few days. Overall extremely pleased and recommend them to everyone.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

The process was extremely easy. I entered the details for the claim and uploaded the attachments from the animal hospital. Within a couple of hours they had reviewed the claim and I the reimbursement was credited to my account.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Figo saved my cat’s life. I would never have been able to pay for her care when she was suddenly ill, but Figo was there for us, and made all the difference. Figo is the future of insurance. Every insurance company should operate this way. The explanation of benefits is easier to read than the one I get from my own health insurance company! The service is fast, the people are friendly, and the coverage is fair. 100% recommend!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I submitted several claims in a row for my Plato and they were all promptly processed and I received checks for all of them without a problem. I was very satisfied, especially after experiencing delaying tactics or refusals of a legitimate claim from another company without explanation.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

We had to take our Bernese Mountain dog for chemo and radiation for a three or four months. The cost was reaching into the thousand because of all the medication and treatment procedures. Figo Was on top of making all the payments in a timely fashion to help us through this financial and emotional storm. I would recommend them without reservation to any pet owner who would want Pet Ins..

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I don't understand how you can claim that diarrhea and issues with eyes is a pre existing condition. What cause diarrhea or eye issues a year ago more than likely isn't the cause now. Bandit was never diagnosed with a illness or condition then or now. We may cancel the insurance because of this because this means anytime, regardless of the cause, when he gets diarrhea, the meds won't be covered.

Hi Mary,

We hope that Bandit is feeling better! While we wish we could cover all claims, we cannot cover conditions where the initial signs/symptoms began before the start of the policy or during the initial waiting periods. However, some pre-existing may be considered curable if the pet goes 18 months without showing signs or symptoms! If you have any other questions or concerns, our customer experience team would be happy to help! Best wishes to you and Bandit!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I only have good things to say about Figo. When a devastating illness hit to my 10 year old golden retriever, I was fearful of how the bills would be paid by Figo. After submitting them, the money was in my account within 10 days. And after she passed, they even sent me a sympathy card. They are awesome!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

They raised the deductible by 500 in one year and blamed the underwriters. Why would any consumer accept that as a reasonable answer. Also they consider a symptom rather than the cause of the symptom a pre-existing condition. I am going to leave them and find another provider...but it is a difficult process.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I am so happy with Figo! Our four year old dog was diagnosed with melanoma On her tongue. She has had surgery and 4 Immunotherapy injections. She will have to undergo injections every six months for the rest of her life. Figo has paid it all and very quickly. Without Figo, we could never have afforded treatment. Now Anni is receiving great care and has a better chance at having a much longer life. Highly recommend Figo!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

On the few occasions I have had to use my coverage through Figo, it has been a pleasure. Easy, online claims, and fast payment. The cost of caring for our pets has gone up and up, but Figo has reasonable premiums, and you are able to adjust your policy to meet your needs better. The price is worth the peace of mind knowing your pets are protected. Thank you again!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

Figo customer service is excellent! I have had great experiences since joining 2 years ago, website and claim process as very easy to navigate and when I have called in I didn’t have any hold times and all my questions were answered, email responses are also quick. Very happy, thank you!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

I've had a policy with Figo since I brought home my puppy 3 years ago and have been completely satisfied throughout the past three years. The app is easy to use (though sometimes a bit glitchy), customer service is incredibly helpful (a woman helped me evaluate all my options when it came time for policy renewal and had the patience of a saint), and claims are generally responded to within 24-48 hours, even when they say it might take longer. Truly customizable insurance based on what your priorities are (insuring against catastrophe vs. smaller but regular medical issues). Brings me peace of mind!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

When I started with Figo, my work recommended it. I never had issues with your company and if anything you were great with my former dog. Now that you’ve combined with another company, my deductible went from $250 to $1,000. How is that even right? Then you tried to find any means to tell me my puppy had preexisting conditions which wasn’t true. I had to appeal it. Ollie has medical needs and I unfortunately can’t switch companies or I would. I find the “new” Figo not there for me or my pets. I’ve recommended your company to SO many people in the past and they’ve signed up with you. I even told my vet about how great you are. I will never recommended your company and I let my vet know about the huge increase in my deductible for both my pets.

Hi Nathan,

We are sorry to hear about your disappointment. When your policy renewed with our new underwriter this year, we offered recommended coverage changes in order to keep your premium similar to last year. Figo started working with a new underwriter as our previous underwriter had scheduled rate increases going forward. We believe this change in underwriters will prevent future increases in rate and create a better experience at the time of renewal. Best wishes to Ollie and Rocky!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

Whether it is answering phones, contacting my vet, or processing claims, I am thoroughly impressed by this company. I have been and will continue to recommend it to my friends and family as an option for looking after their animals.

Figo Pet Insurance Company Information