Get Pricing

2. Pets
  3. Pet Insurance

3.8/5 (179 ratings)

About Figo Pet Insurance

Figo offers customizable coverage built for millennial pet parents. The company offers three comprehensive plans, and you can add optional coverage like Wellness, Veterinary Exam Fee or the Extra Care Pack. Figo offers up to 100% reimbursement, which is extremely rare for a pet insurance company and helps ensure you can keep costs down on large vet bills.

Pros

• Flexible plan options
  • No upper age limit
  • Claim filing via app
  • 24/7 live vet chat

Cons

• Wellness plans not included in base coverage
  • Standard plan doesn't pay exam fees

Bottom Line

Figo Pet Insurance offers three customizable plans covering accidents and illnesses for dogs and cats at least 8 weeks old. Plans with 100% reimbursement or unlimited annual benefits are available.

Figo Pet Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Figo Pet Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Figo Pet Insurance?

Original review: July 17, 2021

Insurance always seems to be a wildcard but we have been extremely pleased with the process, responsiveness, and reliability of the claim process. Just as advertised, no sifting through the fine print and very responsive. Wish all insurance was this user friendly.

Original review: July 16, 2021

We researched different companies for dog health insurance. I found FIGO suited our needs the best. Between reading reviews to reading the FIGO information and asking our Vet and other dog owners, FIGO stood out as one of the best. Our puppy had multiple issues in her first year so it was important to feel supported with the insurance. Claims were easy with the App and the payments from FIGO came directly into my checking account. We did go with a good policy that covers most any illness and the emergency or office visit for illness. I am impressed so far. I expect at some point the policy will go up in expense but I have heard that you can sometimes get it lowered if you feel it is too much. I recommend FIGO often to new dog owners who are looking for insurance through our connection to the reunion rescue site where we adopted our puppy.

Original review: July 16, 2021

You make it easy-you contact the vet and the vet needs to be contacted. You keep me out of the loop in terms of having to do more work. You keep me in the loop about the status of the claim. And your timing turnaround is less than two weeks. Thank you so so so so much

Original review: July 16, 2021

I filed my first claim because my pup had to go to the emergency vet. He was experiencing some stomach issues. I filed my claim at 2 AM as I was waiting for him to come out. Within 24 hours the claim was processed within 48 hours or so, I had my refunded amount in my bank account. This first claim was a breeze because I already sent in all of his medical records. I would absolutely recommend Figo.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I was so grateful we had Figo after we had to take my dog in for surgery. It would have been extremely difficult to cover the costs of her procedure without insurance. My claims were paid within a few days and reimbursement was deposited back into my account quickly. Thanks to the team at Figo for being a silver lining during a really stressful time!

Original review: May 19, 2021

My overall experience with their customer service was poor. I attempted to access the live vet feature late at night, only to find that my account was listed as inactive although I had just renewed it. The company stated an apology and otherwise did little to recognize the cost, both financial and mental, that I incurred due to being unable to access this feature. My insurance premium for one of my dogs also rose $264 over the course of two years--an exponential increase that I felt I would not be able to keep up with financially. I decided that I would do better saving my money for a medical emergency rather than paying the high premiums charged by Figo.

Figo Pet Insurance response
Hi Alix,

We're sorry to hear about the technical difficulties with our 24/7 Live Vet feature in the Pet Cloud app, as well as the frustrating renewal experience. Likewise, since rates are reevaluated based on age, breed, gender, and vet costs in your zip code, these factors likely contributed to the rise in premium. We are saddened to see you have canceled your policies for Lewis & Winifred, but we were honored to be part of their journeys since April 2019 and wish you a happy & safe 2021.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

When we decided to get pet insurance for our new puppy, Hobo, we never dreamed we would need to use it so soon. Shortly after we chose Figo, Hobo was diagnosed with a liver shunt & needed surgery. If it hadn’t been for Figo we would have been in terrible debt to be able to afford the surgery. We may have even had to postpone it to secure the funds. Needless to say, Figo to the rescue! Thousands of dollars later, Hobo was recovering & our bill was minimal. Figo was definitely a lifesaver for our little Hobo!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I really appreciate the quick turnaround of my reimbursement check after having to pay some hefty vet/doctors' bills for my boxer. The site is super easy to use and easy to understand. Uploading receipts was easy as well.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

When an insurance company chooses to switch underwriters during a pandemic with the knowledge that some customers will be unable to switch insurance is a move by a company that doesn't really care about the animals they insure. My cat Brownee right before the start of the pandemic was diagnosed with cancer and during the pandemic hypertension. The higher premiums are painful on my pocket and I raised my deductible to $1500 to avoid the high monthly premium payments; They also engage in shady behavior now -- they deducted double the renewal amount and then would not refund the full amount.

Without any advance notice they decided to deduct two months of premiums and the billing dept has to clear it with some other dept before refund. I will not recommend them to anyone who has an animal they need to purchase insurance for and would tell them to look into other forms of pet insurance. I don't like having to say that this choice I made about 4 years ago is now a mistake. It's about profits, not the well being of animals.

Figo Pet Insurance response
Hi Sakinah,

We're sorry to hear about this experience. Since we process claims by subtracting your deductible from the total bill, we are not able to reimburse funds for a claim unless your annual deductible has been reached for that policy term. Likewise, we are glad to see that you were able to get refunded for the tech error that caused this billing mishap. We've been honored to have the opportunity to protect Brownee since 2016 and we wish you both the best throughout this difficult time.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Figo has been wonderful for me and my dog Duncan. We've had their insurance since he was a puppy and I'm so grateful for that because Duncan has some health issues. He was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease around a year and a half and we've had to submit a lot of claims for it. Regardless of his condition I would still have this insurance, especially for big dogs. It's super easy to submit claims and we've rarely had issues with them. The one time we did it was early on and I was able to get on the phone with a person to resolve it. A+ experience.

Figo Pet Insurance Company Information