Get Pricing

2. Pets
  3. Pet Insurance

3.9/5 (112 ratings)

About Figo Pet Insurance

Figo offers customizable coverage built for millennial pet parents. The company offers three comprehensive plans, and you can add optional coverage like Wellness, Veterinary Exam Fee or the Extra Care Pack. Figo offers up to 100% reimbursement, which is extremely rare for a pet insurance company and helps ensure you can keep costs down on large vet bills.

Pros

• Flexible plan options
  • No upper age limit
  • Claim filing via app
  • 24/7 live vet chat

Cons

• Wellness plans not included in base coverage
  • Standard plan doesn't pay exam fees

Bottom Line

Figo Pet Insurance offers three customizable plans covering accidents and illnesses for dogs and cats at least 8 weeks old. Plans with 100% reimbursement or unlimited annual benefits are available.

Figo Pet Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Figo Pet Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Figo Pet Insurance?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I really appreciate the quick turnaround of my reimbursement check after having to pay some hefty vet/doctors' bills for my boxer. The site is super easy to use and easy to understand. Uploading receipts was easy as well.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

When an insurance company chooses to switch underwriters during a pandemic with the knowledge that some customers will be unable to switch insurance is a move by a company that doesn't really care about the animals they insure. My cat Brownee right before the start of the pandemic was diagnosed with cancer and during the pandemic hypertension. The higher premiums are painful on my pocket and I raised my deductible to $1500 to avoid the high monthly premium payments; They also engage in shady behavior now -- they deducted double the renewal amount and then would not refund the full amount.

Without any advance notice they decided to deduct two months of premiums and the billing dept has to clear it with some other dept before refund. I will not recommend them to anyone who has an animal they need to purchase insurance for and would tell them to look into other forms of pet insurance. I don't like having to say that this choice I made about 4 years ago is now a mistake. It's about profits, not the well being of animals.

Hi Sakinah,

We're sorry to hear about this experience. Since we process claims by subtracting your deductible from the total bill, we are not able to reimburse funds for a claim unless your annual deductible has been reached for that policy term. Likewise, we are glad to see that you were able to get refunded for the tech error that caused this billing mishap. We've been honored to have the opportunity to protect Brownee since 2016 and we wish you both the best throughout this difficult time.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Figo has been wonderful for me and my dog Duncan. We've had their insurance since he was a puppy and I'm so grateful for that because Duncan has some health issues. He was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease around a year and a half and we've had to submit a lot of claims for it. Regardless of his condition I would still have this insurance, especially for big dogs. It's super easy to submit claims and we've rarely had issues with them. The one time we did it was early on and I was able to get on the phone with a person to resolve it. A+ experience.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Hoped for the best after reading a number of review sites for this insurance. It always feels something will not go right. We picked the right amount of coverage we wanted and needed. Unfortunately, we are having to use our coverage to help a very unexpected situation. Fortunately, they have made it clean cut and straight-forward. Provide proper paperwork utilizing the app, give them a few days and poof, reimbursement in your account. Let's us focus on keeping kitties happy and healthy.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

The sole reason for rating our family's experience with FIGO as "NEUTRAL" is due to the fact that FIGO decided to no longer offer dental coverage for our cats. I cannot help but assume this was a direct result of actually using that coverage when we did have it. For the most part, we are happy enough with FIGO to not look for an alternative company at this time, but our experience with FIGO's discontinuation of dental coverage has been disappointing. I had hoped that FIGO would be different from the typical insurance company, which effectively penalizes the customer for actually using the coverage they are paying for each month. In this case, we used it, and consequently FIGO ended it.

Hi Scott,

We're sorry to hear about this experience. Our previous underwriter, Markel, did allow coverage for dental illness; however, our current underwriter, IAIC, specfically excludes this from coverage. We know that this can be frustrating and although we cannot cover dental illness, we can still cover a dental-related accident or injury, provided the condition is not pre-existing. We've been honored to protect Sadie & Maggie since 2019 and hope you are all doing well!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Figo has been very fair in coverage. They have helped make sure my li'l buddy Wrigley is still around. They have covered everything they said they would. I'm so glad I got this pet insurance when Wrigley was a pup because he has had multiple issues that would of put me in a bind if I did not have the coverage.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I've had my dog Bella insured through Figo since she was a puppy, for 3 years now. This year my premium skyrocketed, in part because Figo changed underwriters. It has almost TRIPLED in monthly cost! And unfortunately, since my dog is already being treated for a chronic medical condition, if I were to switch to another pet insurance company, that chronic condition would be considered pre-existing and would not be covered for the rest of her life. So I am essentially stuck with Figo. Having said all of that, I will say that filing claims is super simple, and getting reimbursed is very quick. I appreciate how easy it is to file claims using their app, and they're usually processed within a couple of days, with reimbursement following shortly behind.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I used to love FIGO...until last year. They were taken over by another company and the monthly insurance fee doubled with a larger deductible and less overall coverage. (The cost actually tripled in price since I first starting using them years ago). FIGO just became too expensive for me.

Hi Paul,

We're sorry to hear about this experience. When Doobie's policy renewed into our new underwriter, IAIC, not all coverage combinations matched exactly. Keeping our insureds' best interests in mind throughout this transition, we offered our recommended coverage 30 days prior to renewal to ensure parameters could be adjusted beforehand. While we are sad to see you've already canceled your policy, we are glad to have been part of Doobie's journey from 2015-2020 and we wish you both well!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I'll go over visit with everything covered and then the next time I go for the same issue they've decided not to cover it. And I've tried to dispute it but have gone 4 days without a response.. They also used to cover prescription food and no don't. And to top it off their payments increased.

Hi Amanda,

We're sorry to hear about this experience. Our previous underwriter, Markel, did allow coverage for prescription food; however, our current underwriter, IAIC, specfically excludes this from coverage. We know that this can be frustrating and although we cannot cover prescription food, we can still cover prescription medication, diagnostic testing, and treatment as long as the condition is not pre-existing. We've been honored to protect Poppy since 2017 and hope you both are doing well!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

They have come through when we’ve needed them the most. Because of FIGO, our furbabies did not become victims of financial euthanasia. Prices are reasonable and you can pick your deductible and % of coverage, easy to customize.

Figo Pet Insurance Company Information