3.5/5 (45 ratings)

Save 30% on your first autoship

Shop your favorite brands on Chewy.com

Shop now

Fancy Feast Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fancy Feast?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fancy Feast?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

My cat thinks Fancy Feast Broths are a gift from the gods. I've never seen anything like the way he slurps up this pleasant perfection. Broths are great for finicky felines because they're small, not too filling, and fabulous for an addition to kibble or simply on their own. I highly recommend Fancy Feast Broths for overly finicky felines.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

My picky 5 yo female cat will only eat Fancy Feast Purely Wet Cat Food, 2 oz trays. We have tried many different brands and types of wet food to no avail. What is also good about this product, is its liquid content, which the vet said she needs to help with prevention of bladder crystals.

Get buying tips about Cat Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Any wet food is better to feed your cat than a kibble. Cats don't have a natural thirst drive so the more moisture you can get in their diet, the better. Most cats succumb to kidney failure at some age. By feeding a can a day you can help your pet live a longer life. AND, it's like ** for cats. They will howl for it. My cats are addicted to the gravy Fancy Feast.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

Our boy Charlie turned 21 in October. As he's aged he's become very picky and has been at times, it's very difficult to keep weight on him. The vet suggested a high calorie prescription food but nothing we could do would make him eat it. Then my daughter reminded me of how much he LOVED Fancy Feast pate when he was young. In fact we'd only stopped using it because my daughter wanted to try him on a home made poultry and fish diet. He'd loved that for years but was no longer eating it! So we tried the Fancy Feast salmon pate and he ate the entire thing in one sitting! It's been about a year now and he is loving his Fancy Feast! In fact, we've found him sneaking off to eat his brothers food if it's not eaten right away. Thanks to Fancy Feast, and my daughter's great memory, our Charlie is still going strong.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I have tried many brands of canned cat food over the years, from boutique brands to discount store brand. Some of my cats would eat one kind of food while the rest would not. Finally found something they would all eat, Fancy Feast classics pate seafood variety pack and the Fancy Feast Grilled seafood variety pack. The cats have been eating this everyday for the past few years along with their daily bowls of dry food and are all healthy and doing well. They get no cat treats of any kind. They have never had any urinary, diarrhea, bowel or vomiting issues. They get great reports on their yearly Veterinary visits.

Original review: June 8, 2022

My cats have eaten Fancy Feast for 16 years. They've changed their packaging and the food is definitely not the same, having a hard time getting any of them to eat any of it. They used to love it, even the cats I feed outside won't eat it. Wish I could show you a picture comparing the White Meat Chicken with Garden greens in a savory broth which used to be their favorite. The meat is definitely not white meat, it's a whole different color, dark, and not the same texture at all. All the medleys have changed. Very disappointed and struggling to find something different.

Original review: June 7, 2022

My sweet cat who was in an impeccable shape a few days ago will likely die tonight. The vet has left us no hope at all as to her chance of survival. Two days ago, she started to vomit and have violent diarrhea. We brought her in a quasi coma state to the vet. 4000$ and a series of analysis, X-ray, ultrasound and blood analysis later, she is dying and the vet is puzzled as to the cause of this sudden fall in her health. In my view, knowing the cat who lives exclusively in an apartment with no access to outdoors, I do not see any explanation other than the food she ate, which was a Fancy Feast Pate. I am almost decided to fork an additional 1500$ to have an autopsy done in a veterinarian university, I am so enraged at that development. I bought the can in Toronto in May. If you have seen similar issues with that product lately, please let me know.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I was able to feed ff pate to my diabetic cat and was able to get him off of insulin because of it as it's below 10g of carbs per serving and my cat liked it. I'm now giving it to my Bengal as he had gotten the runs on the dry food.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

The fur baby gives it two paws up. He will sit at his bowl and beg for it. The only issue I have is that it's been hard to find his yummy treat of wet food as of late. When I do find it, the markup's been drastic.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

My babies have been eating the Fancy Feast's Medleys for years now. They digest it well. Their coats are shiny and healthy!! And they love it!! That's a big bonus with a cat!! Highly recommend this cat food!

Fancy Feast author review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Fancy Feast is a company that is committed to preparing gourmet cat food selections, and has been doing so for over 25 years. Their headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and they offer a wide array of product types and flavors. Their products will appeal to almost any feline; in fact, Fancy Feast understands that cats have very specific tastes and they endeavor to please even the pickiest cats while providing them with nutritious food. Fancy Feast is especially known for its high quality wet cat foods.

• High quality: All Fancy Feast products are made with high quality and natural ingredients.

• Wide variety: Fancy Feast offers both wet and dry foods, and over 80 varieties of wet food alone.

• Nutritional value: Fancy Feast products are fortified with vitamins to provide the feline pets of its customers with great nutrition.

• Competitive pricing: The company offers high quality products at prices comparable to other brands.

• High consumer ratings: Their products are consistently rated highly in comparison to other cat food brands.

by Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Advisor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Fancy Feast Company Information