Fancy Feast

Compare Cat Food

Research top Cat Food recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I heard it was a great food for cats. Well I guess not for mine. He passed away two days later after eating it and my friend's cat did too but a couple weeks later both cats had same stuff going on diarrhea then they can't walk then lay there and in less than 24 hours of getting ill the cats pass away and we both bought it at the Costco in Torrance.

My 6 year old half-Persian, half-Siamese cat loves the classic salmon wet food from Fancy Feast. Since Ash is already quite old, he prefers the wet food over the dried ones. And this product is such a treat for him! :) His fur is shinier and smoother ever since I included this food in his diet. He's still very active and his fur actually sheds less even if the weather is too hot. I'm enjoying rubbing his fat belly, all thanks to Fancy Feast! Would definitely recommend this product.

We have two cats, indoors and they know what they like. Trying many brands of cat food while trying to stay abreast of what is best for them is sometimes a daunting task. Typically we try to stay away from the by-product formulas since reading studies about their possible side effects. If manufacturers would offer a trial size of their product we would most likely try it. However with today's prices, purchasing a bag of cat food only to find out they don't like it would be a waste so we just stick with the tried and true. Purina Pro Plan and Fancy Feast seem to be the favorites around our home.

The cats love it, and we have 4 cats. We also use Purina cat complete for dry food every day. It takes a lot of cat food to feed our 4 cats. However we also have a stray that comes by for 3 meals a day. Because of the dry food we put out we have a family of raccoons and a possum stop by to grab some of the stray's dry food that we put out.

Fancy Feast is well regarded by my cat. Small tin is just right size so if he gets a bit picky I can swap to another flavour without too much waste. He doesn't like Whiskas tinned food much after a couple of mouthfuls. He's not keen at all. Packet/Pouch cat food is successful (small & fresh).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fancy Feast?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I have 2 cats. I feed them the canned Fancy Feast cat food. They like the grilled poultry and beef. I have never had any problems finding this food at different retailers. They like it. It is priced the same as other brand.

I Have used several brands of cat foods. I have found that Fancy Feast is the brand that my cat will eat without leaving some in the dish. Fancy feast is meaty and very moist and in a smaller can. Just the right amount for a meal. The seafood meals have whole shrimp and crab. I use Friskies as my 2nd choice. It also is meaty and very moist. This I have to use in two meals. Would be very nice if in smaller cans. These two brands come in bite size. Grilled. Flaked and Classic. Classic is very well ground into a Pate. Which when my best friend my cat was ill. I was able to feed him with a syringe and not waste any. I recommend either of these two brands. I have used other brands but I stay with what my cat will eat and enjoys eating. Thank You.

I've known Fancy Feast for years. My grandparents fed their cat Fancy Feast, my aunt feeds her cat Fancy Feast. So when I got my cat, a tabby named Pepper back in October last year, I knew that this was a good reliable brand. Pepper doesn't seem to favor the classic feasts but adores the grilled feasts and the broths. When she hears the click of the can or the rip of the package she comes running!

Expert Review

Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.    More about Dr. Ken Tudor→

Fancy Feast is a company that is committed to preparing gourmet cat food selections, and has been doing so for over 25 years. Their headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and they offer a wide array of product types and flavors. Their products will appeal to almost any feline; in fact, Fancy Feast understands that cats have very specific tastes and they endeavor to please even the pickiest cats while providing them with nutritious food. Fancy Feast is especially known for its high quality wet cat foods.

• High quality: All Fancy Feast products are made with high quality and natural ingredients.
  • Wide variety: Fancy Feast offers both wet and dry foods, and over 80 varieties of wet food alone.
  • Nutritional value: Fancy Feast products are fortified with vitamins to provide the feline pets of its customers with great nutrition.
  • Competitive pricing: The company offers high quality products at prices comparable to other brands.
  • High consumer ratings: Their products are consistently rated highly in comparison to other cat food brands.
  • Best for Picky cats, active kittens and cats that need good nutrition.

Compare Cat Food