3.8/5 (236 ratings)

Save 30% on your first autoship

Shop your favorite brands on Chewy.com

Shop now

Fancy Feast Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fancy Feast?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fancy Feast?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

My cat thinks Fancy Feast Broths are a gift from the gods. I've never seen anything like the way he slurps up this pleasant perfection. Broths are great for finicky felines because they're small, not too filling, and fabulous for an addition to kibble or simply on their own. I highly recommend Fancy Feast Broths for overly finicky felines.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

My picky 5 yo female cat will only eat Fancy Feast Purely Wet Cat Food, 2 oz trays. We have tried many different brands and types of wet food to no avail. What is also good about this product, is its liquid content, which the vet said she needs to help with prevention of bladder crystals.

Get buying tips about Cat Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Any wet food is better to feed your cat than a kibble. Cats don't have a natural thirst drive so the more moisture you can get in their diet, the better. Most cats succumb to kidney failure at some age. By feeding a can a day you can help your pet live a longer life. AND, it's like ** for cats. They will howl for it. My cats are addicted to the gravy Fancy Feast.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

Our boy Charlie turned 21 in October. As he's aged he's become very picky and has been at times, it's very difficult to keep weight on him. The vet suggested a high calorie prescription food but nothing we could do would make him eat it. Then my daughter reminded me of how much he LOVED Fancy Feast pate when he was young. In fact we'd only stopped using it because my daughter wanted to try him on a home made poultry and fish diet. He'd loved that for years but was no longer eating it! So we tried the Fancy Feast salmon pate and he ate the entire thing in one sitting! It's been about a year now and he is loving his Fancy Feast! In fact, we've found him sneaking off to eat his brothers food if it's not eaten right away. Thanks to Fancy Feast, and my daughter's great memory, our Charlie is still going strong.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I have tried many brands of canned cat food over the years, from boutique brands to discount store brand. Some of my cats would eat one kind of food while the rest would not. Finally found something they would all eat, Fancy Feast classics pate seafood variety pack and the Fancy Feast Grilled seafood variety pack. The cats have been eating this everyday for the past few years along with their daily bowls of dry food and are all healthy and doing well. They get no cat treats of any kind. They have never had any urinary, diarrhea, bowel or vomiting issues. They get great reports on their yearly Veterinary visits.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I was able to feed ff pate to my diabetic cat and was able to get him off of insulin because of it as it's below 10g of carbs per serving and my cat liked it. I'm now giving it to my Bengal as he had gotten the runs on the dry food.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

The fur baby gives it two paws up. He will sit at his bowl and beg for it. The only issue I have is that it's been hard to find his yummy treat of wet food as of late. When I do find it, the markup's been drastic.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

My babies have been eating the Fancy Feast's Medleys for years now. They digest it well. Their coats are shiny and healthy!! And they love it!! That's a big bonus with a cat!! Highly recommend this cat food!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

My kitten enjoys the regular gravy lovers. I recently tried the petite splits and wow. He cannot get enough! It has rice and greens. Smells good too. My only concern is that I have not been able to find the Fancy Feast splits in my regular grocery, and now "Peter Parker" has gotten fancy (face palm).

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

I have been buying Fancy Feast Ocean Whitefish Pate for all of my cats for over 15 years. A couple of months ago I started noticing it was hard to find any at my local grocery stores. I was able to find it online and ordered from as many places as I could, since it's all my cats will eat. I noticed that the texture and color had changed. Then my cats got severely ill (severe vomiting and diarrhea.) I tried giving them different food but they did not want it. I tried giving them Fancy Feast from a new batch (new sell by date) and they became ill again.

I called Purina to issue a complaint and they said the ingredients had not changed and offered me a coupon for other Fancy Feast products (just what I want). All of the cans I've bought with sell by dates of Aug. 2023, Sept. 2023 and Oct. 2023 have been bad. The food looks darker than normal and seems "mealy". After reading the alarming stories in these reviews and I am completely shocked that this food has not been recalled.

Fancy Feast author review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Fancy Feast is a company that is committed to preparing gourmet cat food selections, and has been doing so for over 25 years. Their headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and they offer a wide array of product types and flavors. Their products will appeal to almost any feline; in fact, Fancy Feast understands that cats have very specific tastes and they endeavor to please even the pickiest cats while providing them with nutritious food. Fancy Feast is especially known for its high quality wet cat foods.

• High quality: All Fancy Feast products are made with high quality and natural ingredients.

• Wide variety: Fancy Feast offers both wet and dry foods, and over 80 varieties of wet food alone.

• Nutritional value: Fancy Feast products are fortified with vitamins to provide the feline pets of its customers with great nutrition.

• Competitive pricing: The company offers high quality products at prices comparable to other brands.

• High consumer ratings: Their products are consistently rated highly in comparison to other cat food brands.

by Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Advisor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Fancy Feast Company Information