1.29/5

Need help choosing a cat food brand?

Fancy Feast

Need help choosing a cat food brand?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Fancy Feast Reviews

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

My cat is 4 years old and I’ve had her for about 2 years. I’ve tried every wet cat food I could find to settle on one they wouldn’t make her throw up after a few tries. I found F F Savory Centers and she loved it and didn’t throw up. I forgot where I bought it and went on a hunt in & near my town to find it again. Let me tell you most stores with pet food do not carry it. Finally found it at Walmart & PetSmart but not all those stores have it. I could have cases shipped to me but they are variety packs and my cat won’t eat beef so I buy individual cans. It’s been about 2 months now and she luvs it & hasn’t thrown up once! One downfall is she’s hungry more often. I think because it’s lighter than most cat foods.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I keep hearing all these bad things and reading bad reviews, but my ten cats ranging from 2 to 18 years have been eating FF Classic pate all their lives and they are thriving on it. If that ever changes I will let you all know.

Get expert buying tips about Cat Food delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: July 15, 2019

When I read reviews on FF making cats sick a while back some mentioned that the cans had a round pull tab. I believe FF is manufactured in different facilities. I bought FF from a place here in Canada and noticed the pull tabs were round so I took them back. I only buy the square type pull tabs since I read the reviews. I haven't had a problem with cats throwing up or diarrhea.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Am weighing in because of all the negative reviews I just read. Honestly FF is my go-to brand because I know our cats will eat it. Am mystified and appalled that so many reviewers have had such different experiences. Indoor cat favors the seafood wet and dry food, Outdoor cat favors the chicken wet and dry food. They seem to enjoy their meals, especially the Gravy Lovers wet food. At their check-ups the vets have found them happy and healthy. I don't know what to make of the bad experiences some here have reported. I feel very bad for those owners and their cats, but as long as my cats continue eating it, I'll keep buying it for them.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

My cat loves various flavors of Fancy Feast! He's healthy and happy and my vet friend recommends them. His blood work and vet visits always come back good. He seems to have great energy levels. He's super intelligent and I owe it all to Fancy Feast.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fancy Feast?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I had recently changed my cats' food over to canned wet food and tried out Fancy Feast. I figured it was a good deal since it was cheaper and affordable for our lifestyle. All 3 of my cats initially loved the canned paté food and after about a month of feeding it to them they suddenly became deathly ill. Like so many other reviewers on here my cats all had constant diarrhea and vomiting for days. This honestly freaked me out and I was in a panic thinking something fatal was gonna happen to my cats. I just threw out about 40 cans of the stuff because it's basically POISONING my cats. Overall I'm so very upset with this company and the absolute lack of care for pets' overall health. I have moved over to the Rachael Ray brand cat food and hopefully my cats will get better after this horrific experience with fancy feast. No one should ever buy this brand of cat food, EVER.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I have fed my cats Fancy Feast for their whole lives (one is 13 years old). One is finicky, the rest not so much. Suddenly, seems like early October, they stopped eating it. I had been buying it at PetCo, and they suddenly stopped selling it. Then replaced it with “fancy feast natural” which they said “met their new standards”. My cats couldn’t stand the stuff” so all the money I spent there was wasted.

I stopped shopping at PetCo, and for a while they were happy again, but now they won’t eat it from anywhere else either. I have tried switching brands- Luvsome, Friskies, Wholehearted, you name it... and get the same results- either it sits all day until I toss it, or someone tried it, and barfs. The cats have all lost weight. (One needed it, but. It the other three.) They now will eat nothing but Temptation treats. They also won’t eat “human food”. I am at a loss! I am tired of wasting money trying to find something they will eat, and cleaning up vomit! Can someone explain what changed. Also, if you have found a brand yours will eat through trial and error, what was it? So far I am striking out- and unlike people they won’t get “hungry enough to eat it”.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

My 7 cats have been eating Fancy Feast for several years. Rotating different flavors throughout the week. A couple months ago they suddenly stopped eating their favorite classic chicken flavor. They would take a few bites and leave or snub it completely. Only the canned food addict ate a little. Later I put it outside for the chickens and other critters and nothing ate it. The next morning there was loose stool in the litter box and several places of vomit. They ate the next day's flavor. When chicken came up again same thing only this time some meat bees got into it when it was outside and several died. I quit feeding the ones with chicken. Since then they have started not eating most of the other flavors as well. Unfortunately I am having trouble finding any canned food they will eat now. I don't know what happened to the FF food but my bosses cats quit eating it at this same time.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I have been feeding Fancy Feast for over 5 years. Chicken Feast is their favorite; however, over the past few weeks, two of my cats are refusing to eat it and the one cat that does eat it throws up afterwards (which she never does). I am worried something has happened to the quality of the food and have now found a new brand. Such a shame as my cats really used to enjoy it.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

This product has been our preference for over a decade. I've noticed quality issues lately where cans have less dense meat that has a spongey consistency.. The problem is that when it is spongey, there is less food, which means opening a second can. Also, our cats are refusing to eat it. Today, my cat recoiled and looked at me like I was trying to poison it. This is disappointing because our cats are finicky eaters and we now have to find something else that they will like.

Fancy Feast expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Fancy Feast is a company that is committed to preparing gourmet cat food selections, and has been doing so for over 25 years. Their headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and they offer a wide array of product types and flavors. Their products will appeal to almost any feline; in fact, Fancy Feast understands that cats have very specific tastes and they endeavor to please even the pickiest cats while providing them with nutritious food. Fancy Feast is especially known for its high quality wet cat foods.

• High quality: All Fancy Feast products are made with high quality and natural ingredients.

• Wide variety: Fancy Feast offers both wet and dry foods, and over 80 varieties of wet food alone.

• Nutritional value: Fancy Feast products are fortified with vitamins to provide the feline pets of its customers with great nutrition.

• Competitive pricing: The company offers high quality products at prices comparable to other brands.

• High consumer ratings: Their products are consistently rated highly in comparison to other cat food brands.

• Best for: Picky cats, active kittens and cats that need good nutrition.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
      Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Fancy Feast Company Information