2. Pets

Save 30% on your first autoship

Shop your favorite brands on Chewy.com

Shop now

Fancy Feast Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fancy Feast?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fancy Feast?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I took 3 feral kittens in when they were left with nowhere to go and winter was right around the corner. They did best with wet food and snack on dry food. You would think that feral kittens would eat anything but that was far from the truth. Over time I found if I shook the can and could hear the liquid sloshing around. Fancy Feast won out each time. Turkey does not seem to be a favorite but as long as it is fancy feast they will eat it. The flavors have changed over the years and now the Florentine, Tuscany and Primavera (all with greens) are their favorites.

Original review: July 24, 2020

Fancy Feast has a plethora of choices for the finicky cat. Turkey, chicken, beef, organ meat, tuna, mackerel, salmon, scallops, shrimp, sea bass, sole, trout, and whitefish. They all come in a variety of textures including pate', chunky, flaked, minced, shredded, grilled, seared, and roasted. The sauces are in gravy, with milk, garden greens, savory sauces, gravy lovers, creamy delights, natural gravies, and savory centers. There are treats, appetizers, broths, duos, medleys, and that is just the wet food. There is just as much variety in their dry food such as filet mignon & shrimp, turkey & chicken, ocean fish and salmon. The choices are endless as are the sizes from one can to a case. The ingredients are from only the best cuts and fine meats, the sauces delicately blended by a gourmet chef. Your cat will never find boredom in all the choices.

Get buying tips about Cat Food delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: July 23, 2020

My cats are extremely picky. (As most cats are) I have tried a wide variety of different foods. They will only eat Fancy Feast. They will literally turn their little noses up at all other canned food brands. I have tried to sneak in cheaper one like Friskies but they are too smart to fall for it. I like how I am able to split a can of Fancy Feast between the two of them and it’s the perfect amount. I have found all other canned cat foods portions are too much even when splitting between cats. The fancy Feast canned food is the perfect size and taste for my fur babies.

Original review: April 18, 2020

Started my cat on wet food after 6 month, the only thing she would eat was FF grilled salmon, tuna or turkey nothing else, after 7 years she will now eat other flavours as well. She now comfortably eats about 2.5 cans a day. In 2015 there was a bad batch (about 2 month) of grilled salmon, the cat wouldn't touch and just recently the January 2020 to February 2020 she vomits but then asks for another can straight away. Only vomits if she has more than 3 cans a day. A part from that shes a healthy 16 pounder with no medical problems ever. Sure FF isn't particularly healthy for a cat, but Italian food isn't particularly healthy for human and I'd rather have Italian than vegy/soya burgers and I'm not going to get my cat to ran a marathon. Let them be spoilt.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

My cat is 4 years old and I’ve had her for about 2 years. I’ve tried every wet cat food I could find to settle on one they wouldn’t make her throw up after a few tries. I found F F Savory Centers and she loved it and didn’t throw up. I forgot where I bought it and went on a hunt in & near my town to find it again. Let me tell you most stores with pet food do not carry it. Finally found it at Walmart & PetSmart but not all those stores have it. I could have cases shipped to me but they are variety packs and my cat won’t eat beef so I buy individual cans. It’s been about 2 months now and she luvs it & hasn’t thrown up once! One downfall is she’s hungry more often. I think because it’s lighter than most cat foods.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I have been reading so many negative reviews in Fancy Feast Pate cat food and am wondering how has this cat food not been recalled or had a lawsuit? I currently have a cat in the emergency vet on IV fluid who won’t eat or drink after out of the blue severe vomiting and diarrhea! She immediately threw up her fancy feast shrimp and cod Pate (and has been eating it for a while with no issues) but all of a sudden had this horrible reaction! And now I am not sure of her fate, it’s that bad!

My other cat ate the same food this afternoon and immediately they it up and she does not throw up. I don’t know what has changed in the Pate ingredients but it seems a lot of the reviews on here my two cats have had similar immediate reaction after eating the Pate. One of my cats is in very bad shape after being so sick for four days and now not eating or drinking on her own and at the emergency vet. I Will be pursuing this.. Did fancy feast pates poison our cats?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

My older cat has been eating the Florentine type for the last 9 years and recently he has been have some issues. The food seems to turn a pink color, have they changed anything within the last few months. Has anyone else noticed this?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

We have 2 indoor cats, dry food only. February 2020 my older one stopped eating. Of course she lost weight. She was 14 and I thought maybe she just couldn't chew/swallow dry food anymore. So I bought a couple of cans of Fancy Feast Beef Pate. She liked it and did perk up some. So I bought a whole case from Amazon. That's a lot of money for someone on disability.

Over the next few weeks she ate less and less until she was down to about 2 tablespoons a day. She was still drinking water and using the litter box. She needed a stool to jump in my lap. But she was still my loving kitty. One night mid-March, about a month after starting Fancy Feast, she started lurching a few steps forward and falling down. She seemed really weak. I knew this day was coming and spent the next 12 hours moving her food bowl to where ever she was, giving her water with a dropper and making sure she knew how much I loved her. I fell asleep. Woke up 2 hours later and she was dead. I thought I would die but I knew she was old. I had a younger cat to take care of. So I kept going. BTW the younger cat flat out refused to eat the Fancy Feast wet food from the start.

I mourned the loss of my older cat and focused all my love and attention on my younger cat and little dog. But the cat still refused to touch the Fancy Feast wet food. I stopped opening and wasting it. My son and ex-husband live in a different town from me. They always have a houseful of cats. But my son has a cat that he loves more than anything. She was born in 2004 so she was 16 years old. I sent all the unopened cans of Fancy Feast wet food to their house for his kitty. My ex has a favorite cat also. He can't afford wet food for all those kitties. But those 2 favorites were given the wet food starting a few weeks ago. The 16 year old died Tuesday. We all chalked it up to old age. We all loved her and are sick with grief. 5 days later the other cat that ate the Fancy Feast wet food was found dead. She was young and healthy.

That's too much of a coincidence for me. Approximately 10 cat's live in these 2 different households. Only 3 of them ate from the same case of Fancy Feast Beef Pate wet food and all 3 of them died within weeks of being switched to that food. All of the 6 or 7 other cats, in both houses that didn't eat Fancy Feast are perfectly fine. Somebody needs to do something.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I feed the same 5 flavors tins that my 2 cats like. I purchase by the carton. But too often I find that one or both cats refuse to touch the food or if they eat some, a cat sometimes vomits her food. I am starting to believe that the contents are not consistent (substituting ingredients) so the taste varies and sometimes it is tainted, but not enough for a recall. Maybe the company is not even aware they are putting out inferior/tainted quality at the factory, or they are but get away with it??

Original review: July 17, 2020

I appreciate the large variety of flavors. Don't much like that the cans are very small but the price is pretty large. My cat is a bit of a picky eater, but likes a lot of the Fancy Feast fish flavors.

Fancy Feast author review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Fancy Feast is a company that is committed to preparing gourmet cat food selections, and has been doing so for over 25 years. Their headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and they offer a wide array of product types and flavors. Their products will appeal to almost any feline; in fact, Fancy Feast understands that cats have very specific tastes and they endeavor to please even the pickiest cats while providing them with nutritious food. Fancy Feast is especially known for its high quality wet cat foods.

• High quality: All Fancy Feast products are made with high quality and natural ingredients.

• Wide variety: Fancy Feast offers both wet and dry foods, and over 80 varieties of wet food alone.

• Nutritional value: Fancy Feast products are fortified with vitamins to provide the feline pets of its customers with great nutrition.

• Competitive pricing: The company offers high quality products at prices comparable to other brands.

• High consumer ratings: Their products are consistently rated highly in comparison to other cat food brands.

by Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Fancy Feast Company Information