2. Pets

Save 30% on your first autoship

Shop your favorite brands on Chewy.com

Shop now

Fancy Feast Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fancy Feast?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fancy Feast?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I took 3 feral kittens in when they were left with nowhere to go and winter was right around the corner. They did best with wet food and snack on dry food. You would think that feral kittens would eat anything but that was far from the truth. Over time I found if I shook the can and could hear the liquid sloshing around. Fancy Feast won out each time. Turkey does not seem to be a favorite but as long as it is fancy feast they will eat it. The flavors have changed over the years and now the Florentine, Tuscany and Primavera (all with greens) are their favorites.

Original review: July 24, 2020

Fancy Feast has a plethora of choices for the finicky cat. Turkey, chicken, beef, organ meat, tuna, mackerel, salmon, scallops, shrimp, sea bass, sole, trout, and whitefish. They all come in a variety of textures including pate', chunky, flaked, minced, shredded, grilled, seared, and roasted. The sauces are in gravy, with milk, garden greens, savory sauces, gravy lovers, creamy delights, natural gravies, and savory centers. There are treats, appetizers, broths, duos, medleys, and that is just the wet food. There is just as much variety in their dry food such as filet mignon & shrimp, turkey & chicken, ocean fish and salmon. The choices are endless as are the sizes from one can to a case. The ingredients are from only the best cuts and fine meats, the sauces delicately blended by a gourmet chef. Your cat will never find boredom in all the choices.

Get buying tips about Cat Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 23, 2020

My cats are extremely picky. (As most cats are) I have tried a wide variety of different foods. They will only eat Fancy Feast. They will literally turn their little noses up at all other canned food brands. I have tried to sneak in cheaper one like Friskies but they are too smart to fall for it. I like how I am able to split a can of Fancy Feast between the two of them and it’s the perfect amount. I have found all other canned cat foods portions are too much even when splitting between cats. The fancy Feast canned food is the perfect size and taste for my fur babies.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I fed my Egyptian manx cat Fancy Feast for his entire 17 years of living - I never had a single health issue with him. I was faithful to the brand and also ALWAYS GAVE HIM BOTTLED WATER- NEVER TAP WATER. I never had a single health problem with him. I just had to make the hardest decision ever one week ago and put him down. But he lived 17 happyyyyy spoiled fancy feast years with me. I'll miss purchasing the cans of food every 3 days - but I'll refer every chance I get.

Original review: April 18, 2020

Started my cat on wet food after 6 month, the only thing she would eat was FF grilled salmon, tuna or turkey nothing else, after 7 years she will now eat other flavours as well. She now comfortably eats about 2.5 cans a day. In 2015 there was a bad batch (about 2 month) of grilled salmon, the cat wouldn't touch and just recently the January 2020 to February 2020 she vomits but then asks for another can straight away. Only vomits if she has more than 3 cans a day. A part from that shes a healthy 16 pounder with no medical problems ever. Sure FF isn't particularly healthy for a cat, but Italian food isn't particularly healthy for human and I'd rather have Italian than vegy/soya burgers and I'm not going to get my cat to ran a marathon. Let them be spoilt.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

My healthy 11yr old cat was changed from Science Dry food to Fancy Feast wet food. He loved it and all was well. We started with chicken pate and moved on to beef/liver. He started leaving food on his plate. Within one month he stopped eating and drinking. Took him to emergency where he was diagnosed with fluid around heart and lungs. The prognosis was dire and we had him put down. Fancy Feast cat food killed my never sick healthy indoor cat - practically over night. We are devastated.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

All 4 of our cats have been weird since Xmas day. We had received a new 24 can vase of FF from Amazon, FF seafood pate. We usually order the beef pate or the seafood pate. One of our cats is severely ill. Vomit, diarrhea, lethargic, fever. He is on 4 medications now. Another cat is not eating at all and lethargic as well. Our 2 other cats are also turning their nose at the seafood batch received. All the cats have eaten it and all all have either had diarrhea or vomit since Christmas. Anyone else having issues. Fancy is no longer welcome in our home. The vet said this is for sure something they ate.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I have fed my cats Fancy feast off and on for 5+yrs now. Every now and then, I get a case or batch that seems to make them very ill. This summer all 3 of my cats became violently ill. Puking, diarrhea, lethargy, all the bad stuff. I came home one evening to a litter box full of blood/mucus and 2 of my cats seemed sick, but still ate/drank. My 5yr old, the eldest, I found laying in my basement unable to stand or move in a pile of vomit. $2,500 in vet bills and a 5 night stay at the vet she's back home. I vowed not to buy this brand again.

However, another rush of panic buying meant fancy feast was all that was left in flavours my cats ate. The last 4 days, I've been cleaning up vomit. I wasn't positive it was the food at first, until I opened a can and my youngest gobbled it down, started heaving, and proceeded to vomit it all back up into the bowl. The middle cat ran to my bedroom and threw it up, the eldest wouldn't touch it. I wish I could include a photo, but I will give detailed information of the batch code/box/flavour instead. It was a case of Medleys, Florentine collection. Wild salmon florentine was the one immediately puked back up within seconds. Best before date Aug 2022, 02428331 11:17 L020272.

I will never, ever buy again!! Especially after reading the horror stories similar to mine. My cats kidneys were so far gone by the 3rd day that her crea level was in the 980s. The vet was floored. He said he had never seen a cat as young as she was with kidney levels resembling late stage kidney failure. He thought she was poisoned. My youngest had seizures.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I've been feeding all my cats Fancy Feast wet food ever since I found the product many years ago. Last year I joined Chewy and because they offer lower prices, I started feeding them a more expensive brand of wet cat food called Sheba. Well my order for Sheba was late this month, so I bought a couple of Fancy Feast cans to hold them over until my shipment of Sheba came in from Chewy.

Salmon and Shrimp Feast Classic Pate is their favorite. I gave them a can of that on Monday and within minutes after eating, they both started throwing up VIOLENTLY at least 5-7 times! Tuesday I gave a different flavor and they seemed fine. Wednesday I gave them the Salmon and Shrimp Feast Classic Pate again and they couldn't even finish it because they started throwing VIOLENTLY again - multiple times! It's so distressing to see that. Something is wrong this food!!!! I hope Purina company please looks into this before more cats get hurt. Until now, my cats were healthy and were not throwing up at all.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I have been reading so many negative reviews in Fancy Feast Pate cat food and am wondering how has this cat food not been recalled or had a lawsuit? I currently have a cat in the emergency vet on IV fluid who won’t eat or drink after out of the blue severe vomiting and diarrhea! She immediately threw up her fancy feast shrimp and cod Pate (and has been eating it for a while with no issues) but all of a sudden had this horrible reaction! And now I am not sure of her fate, it’s that bad!

My other cat ate the same food this afternoon and immediately they it up and she does not throw up. I don’t know what has changed in the Pate ingredients but it seems a lot of the reviews on here my two cats have had similar immediate reaction after eating the Pate. One of my cats is in very bad shape after being so sick for four days and now not eating or drinking on her own and at the emergency vet. I Will be pursuing this.. Did fancy feast pates poison our cats?

Fancy Feast author review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Fancy Feast is a company that is committed to preparing gourmet cat food selections, and has been doing so for over 25 years. Their headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and they offer a wide array of product types and flavors. Their products will appeal to almost any feline; in fact, Fancy Feast understands that cats have very specific tastes and they endeavor to please even the pickiest cats while providing them with nutritious food. Fancy Feast is especially known for its high quality wet cat foods.

• High quality: All Fancy Feast products are made with high quality and natural ingredients.

• Wide variety: Fancy Feast offers both wet and dry foods, and over 80 varieties of wet food alone.

• Nutritional value: Fancy Feast products are fortified with vitamins to provide the feline pets of its customers with great nutrition.

• Competitive pricing: The company offers high quality products at prices comparable to other brands.

• High consumer ratings: Their products are consistently rated highly in comparison to other cat food brands.

by Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Fancy Feast Company Information