Fancy Feast

Compare Cat Food

Research top Cat Food recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have been feeding my 2 cats Fancy Feast grilled seafood cat food for over a year. They loved it until recently. Now they reluctantly eat a little of it then walk away. One cat has digestive issues. If I change brands she will have real problems. But if this continues I will be forced to change. I would like to know what has changed. I wrote this review in hopes that enough people will complain that the company will go back to the previous recipe.

EVERY list of ingredients I have ever read on a cat food label... dried food or wet food... is misleading. I don't know how they get away with it. I serve my kitties Fancy Feast (wet) because they will eat it, not because I trust the labeling.

Our family has bought Fancy Feast since 2000 back when my husband worked with packaging millions of can for a company that then shipped them back to our local Friskies Plant. From there it was shipped out to local vendors. It was always easy to find and the reliability has always been phenomenal. The ingredients used are always good quality. Our animals all love meal time. Oftentimes the dog tries to steal the cats food. In fact, it's really on a daily basis.

My cat is 16 years old and LOVES the Fancy Feast "Gravy Lovers" canned cat foods. I change out from the "Gravy Lovers" seafood flavors to the chicken, beef and turkey "Gravy Lovers" flavors and my cat enjoys them all. They are easy to find (Walmart and Target) and seem to keep her appetite stimulated. I tried the more expensive Fancy Feast Medleys, but the less expensive "Gravy Lovers" really hit the spot for the cat.

My cats started eating Fancy Feast and Meow Mix when they were kittens and nothing else except for the occasional shrimps or meats. Sammie and Molly were sisters. Sammie died of kidney disease at age 15 and Molly died of old age at one month shy of her 20th birthday. They loved their Fancy Feast and Meow Mix.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fancy Feast?

Our 2 cats like different flavors and consistencies. One prefers the pate and the other likes the gravy varieties. The cans are smallish, but they are fine for one meal. Average price is .55 per can, one can allowed for each cat daily. Plus the cat kibble, which is a different brand and type weekly. But they get bored and pass on the kibble completely if they get the same flavor more than a week.

Fancy Feast is one of 2 wet foods that my cats will eat. They do not like seafood or pate and will go hungry rather than eat what they do not like. I think it is a bit expensive and the non-seafood varieties have become difficult to find. I have to go to more than one store to find all types they eat.

I'm yet to find a cat food that smells inviting, but as soon as I opened the can my kitchen smelt like something had died. I bought a 6 pack of prime filet of grilled chicken, the other 5 cans were fine as far as I'm aware. They also all had the same best before date of September 2018. I'm not sure what went wrong, so I feel a little bad for leaving 2 stars for my first review.

Our 2 cats have eaten nothing but Fancy Feast Grilled and Classic cat foods their whole lives. One is 4 and the other 14. The younger one also gets some dry food on occasion. All of a sudden, starting in December 2016, neither cat will touch it. They get close, sniff it and immediately turn away. They used to dive in with gusto. We buy from Petsmart in Alabama. What has changed with this food?

I heard it was a great food for cats. Well I guess not for mine. He passed away two days later after eating it and my friend's cat did too but a couple weeks later both cats had same stuff going on diarrhea then they can't walk then lay there and in less than 24 hours of getting ill the cats pass away and we both bought it at the Costco in Torrance.

My 6 year old half-Persian, half-Siamese cat loves the classic salmon wet food from Fancy Feast. Since Ash is already quite old, he prefers the wet food over the dried ones. And this product is such a treat for him! :) His fur is shinier and smoother ever since I included this food in his diet. He's still very active and his fur actually sheds less even if the weather is too hot. I'm enjoying rubbing his fat belly, all thanks to Fancy Feast! Would definitely recommend this product.

We have two cats, indoors and they know what they like. Trying many brands of cat food while trying to stay abreast of what is best for them is sometimes a daunting task. Typically we try to stay away from the by-product formulas since reading studies about their possible side effects. If manufacturers would offer a trial size of their product we would most likely try it. However with today's prices, purchasing a bag of cat food only to find out they don't like it would be a waste so we just stick with the tried and true. Purina Pro Plan and Fancy Feast seem to be the favorites around our home.

The cats love it, and we have 4 cats. We also use Purina cat complete for dry food every day. It takes a lot of cat food to feed our 4 cats. However we also have a stray that comes by for 3 meals a day. Because of the dry food we put out we have a family of raccoons and a possum stop by to grab some of the stray's dry food that we put out.

Fancy Feast is well regarded by my cat. Small tin is just right size so if he gets a bit picky I can swap to another flavour without too much waste. He doesn't like Whiskas tinned food much after a couple of mouthfuls. He's not keen at all. Packet/Pouch cat food is successful (small & fresh).

I have 2 cats. I feed them the canned Fancy Feast cat food. They like the grilled poultry and beef. I have never had any problems finding this food at different retailers. They like it. It is priced the same as other brand.

I Have used several brands of cat foods. I have found that Fancy Feast is the brand that my cat will eat without leaving some in the dish. Fancy feast is meaty and very moist and in a smaller can. Just the right amount for a meal. The seafood meals have whole shrimp and crab. I use Friskies as my 2nd choice. It also is meaty and very moist. This I have to use in two meals. Would be very nice if in smaller cans. These two brands come in bite size. Grilled. Flaked and Classic. Classic is very well ground into a Pate. Which when my best friend my cat was ill. I was able to feed him with a syringe and not waste any. I recommend either of these two brands. I have used other brands but I stay with what my cat will eat and enjoys eating. Thank You.

I've known Fancy Feast for years. My grandparents fed their cat Fancy Feast, my aunt feeds her cat Fancy Feast. So when I got my cat, a tabby named Pepper back in October last year, I knew that this was a good reliable brand. Pepper doesn't seem to favor the classic feasts but adores the grilled feasts and the broths. When she hears the click of the can or the rip of the package she comes running!

Expert Review

Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.    More about Dr. Ken Tudor→

Fancy Feast is a company that is committed to preparing gourmet cat food selections, and has been doing so for over 25 years. Their headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and they offer a wide array of product types and flavors. Their products will appeal to almost any feline; in fact, Fancy Feast understands that cats have very specific tastes and they endeavor to please even the pickiest cats while providing them with nutritious food. Fancy Feast is especially known for its high quality wet cat foods.

• High quality: All Fancy Feast products are made with high quality and natural ingredients.
  • Wide variety: Fancy Feast offers both wet and dry foods, and over 80 varieties of wet food alone.
  • Nutritional value: Fancy Feast products are fortified with vitamins to provide the feline pets of its customers with great nutrition.
  • Competitive pricing: The company offers high quality products at prices comparable to other brands.
  • High consumer ratings: Their products are consistently rated highly in comparison to other cat food brands.
  • Best for Picky cats, active kittens and cats that need good nutrition.

Compare Cat Food