2.7/5 (512 ratings)

Save 30% on your first autoship

Shop your favorite brands on Chewy.com

Shop now

Fancy Feast Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fancy Feast?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fancy Feast?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

My cat thinks Fancy Feast Broths are a gift from the gods. I've never seen anything like the way he slurps up this pleasant perfection. Broths are great for finicky felines because they're small, not too filling, and fabulous for an addition to kibble or simply on their own. I highly recommend Fancy Feast Broths for overly finicky felines.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

My picky 5 yo female cat will only eat Fancy Feast Purely Wet Cat Food, 2 oz trays. We have tried many different brands and types of wet food to no avail. What is also good about this product, is its liquid content, which the vet said she needs to help with prevention of bladder crystals.

Get buying tips about Cat Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Any wet food is better to feed your cat than a kibble. Cats don't have a natural thirst drive so the more moisture you can get in their diet, the better. Most cats succumb to kidney failure at some age. By feeding a can a day you can help your pet live a longer life. AND, it's like ** for cats. They will howl for it. My cats are addicted to the gravy Fancy Feast.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

My kitten enjoys the regular gravy lovers. I recently tried the petite splits and wow. He cannot get enough! It has rice and greens. Smells good too. My only concern is that I have not been able to find the Fancy Feast splits in my regular grocery, and now "Peter Parker" has gotten fancy (face palm).

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

Our boy Charlie turned 21 in October. As he's aged he's become very picky and has been at times, it's very difficult to keep weight on him. The vet suggested a high calorie prescription food but nothing we could do would make him eat it. Then my daughter reminded me of how much he LOVED Fancy Feast pate when he was young. In fact we'd only stopped using it because my daughter wanted to try him on a home made poultry and fish diet. He'd loved that for years but was no longer eating it! So we tried the Fancy Feast salmon pate and he ate the entire thing in one sitting! It's been about a year now and he is loving his Fancy Feast! In fact, we've found him sneaking off to eat his brothers food if it's not eaten right away. Thanks to Fancy Feast, and my daughter's great memory, our Charlie is still going strong.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

First of all I want to say FF is all my 6 yr old kitty little girl has ever liked. Something has definitely changed since COVID hit the US. I started noticing there were color changes of the meat (a grayish brown color), as well as the wet food being shriveled up away from the edges of the can and dry looking. My cat loves 3 different paté flavors but won't touch any of them anymore. I have complained to Chewy and they replaced the case I bought with another one but my cat or my mother's 3 cats wouldn't eat it. I have returned unopened cans to Krogers grocery store as well.

I can always tell, as soon as I open a can, if my kitty will eat it or not. I usually open anywhere between 1 to 3 different flavors a day, to try and get my kitty to eat 1 of them, but she'll take one lick and back away from her dish. My kitty constantly begs me for food all day long and it becomes so annoying day after day. Oh yeah, I've bought other brands but she won't eat them, at all. She loves ff but they have had to changed their ingredients, since the pandemic. I feed the strays what my cat won't eat but I have seen them walk away from some of the ff and that's bad when a hungry stray won't eat it, either!

I get that some ingredients are hard to come by but don't just "wing it" for sales! I buy, at the very least 30 cans a month and try to keep stocked up because you never know what could happen! I'm just saying You may not be able to buy any for a while, the way our country is being ran these days. I really wish I had all the money that I have thrown away on these "hit or miss" cans of ff!

And another thing, I've talked to other customers in the stores that I've bought the ff at and they agree that something has changed as well, I even talked to store clerks at 2 different PetSmarts and they told me they've received complaints about ff, as well. Fancy Feast, please stop substituting some of the ingredients and bring back the original ingredients. But no matter what, I'm on a mission to find a different wet cat food company, I'd like to see my kitty eat good, again! Sincerely Christene from Columbus, Ohio

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

My kitty has been eating F.F. for 8 years..I tried the "petites" when they first came out..Liked idea small size..But the stuff smelled "off" and it didn't look right..With each "flavour" she would taste then walk away..I threw it out, rather than give another kitty such poor quality..So back to the cans..Usually Florentine and Tuscany..It wasn't long before the poor quality "petites" were available in cans..This is where they start to confuse the consumers..They say "New packaging but the SAME GREAT TASTE.." IT'S A LIE...Slowly.. They disguise the "switcharoo" with NEW wrapping..Thinking we won't notice..But they can't fool my cat...At first both kinds were available. That's was the transitioning period..Now..the big stores Amazon..Walmart. etc. only carry the GARBAGE..

My kitty is getting old..And after years of happily eating the same food..Now I have to find a suitable replacement, and there are lots of options BUT SHE has to like them...Frustrating and expensive? Yes..but what IS worse, is having to watch as with each new food wreaks havoc with her digestive system..Diarrhea. Regurgitating..Watching her trepidation as she approaches her food bowl..And WW2. 1 It's hard to find a brand that offers a simple fare..Primarily meat..I've never seen a cat purposely munching on blueberries or sweet potato..But we've all seen them chomping on greens..I'm really angry with Purina..All this upheaval...Just to make MORE MONEY..Take a good product. Well liked and time tested..Then turn it into garbage and re-wrap it with a bow!..It will back-fire..We aren't stupid and neither are our cats...I'll never buy this "new" product..And I'm not the only one!

Original review: June 8, 2022

My cats have eaten Fancy Feast for 16 years. They've changed their packaging and the food is definitely not the same, having a hard time getting any of them to eat any of it. They used to love it, even the cats I feed outside won't eat it. Wish I could show you a picture comparing the White Meat Chicken with Garden greens in a savory broth which used to be their favorite. The meat is definitely not white meat, it's a whole different color, dark, and not the same texture at all. All the medleys have changed. Very disappointed and struggling to find something different.

Original review: June 7, 2022

My sweet cat who was in an impeccable shape a few days ago will likely die tonight. The vet has left us no hope at all as to her chance of survival. Two days ago, she started to vomit and have violent diarrhea. We brought her in a quasi coma state to the vet. 4000$ and a series of analysis, X-ray, ultrasound and blood analysis later, she is dying and the vet is puzzled as to the cause of this sudden fall in her health. In my view, knowing the cat who lives exclusively in an apartment with no access to outdoors, I do not see any explanation other than the food she ate, which was a Fancy Feast Pate. I am almost decided to fork an additional 1500$ to have an autopsy done in a veterinarian university, I am so enraged at that development. I bought the can in Toronto in May. If you have seen similar issues with that product lately, please let me know.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I was able to feed ff pate to my diabetic cat and was able to get him off of insulin because of it as it's below 10g of carbs per serving and my cat liked it. I'm now giving it to my Bengal as he had gotten the runs on the dry food.

Fancy Feast author review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Fancy Feast is a company that is committed to preparing gourmet cat food selections, and has been doing so for over 25 years. Their headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and they offer a wide array of product types and flavors. Their products will appeal to almost any feline; in fact, Fancy Feast understands that cats have very specific tastes and they endeavor to please even the pickiest cats while providing them with nutritious food. Fancy Feast is especially known for its high quality wet cat foods.

• High quality: All Fancy Feast products are made with high quality and natural ingredients.

• Wide variety: Fancy Feast offers both wet and dry foods, and over 80 varieties of wet food alone.

• Nutritional value: Fancy Feast products are fortified with vitamins to provide the feline pets of its customers with great nutrition.

• Competitive pricing: The company offers high quality products at prices comparable to other brands.

• High consumer ratings: Their products are consistently rated highly in comparison to other cat food brands.

by Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Advisor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Fancy Feast Company Information