2. Pets

Save 30% on your first autoship

Shop your favorite brands on Chewy.com

Shop now

Meow Mix Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meow Mix?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meow Mix?

Original review: July 15, 2020

I've tried other brands including the store brands but my cat seems to prefer Meow Mix. She can't wait till it's time to eat. With the other brands, it's as if there's no excitement. She doesn't eat as much with the other brands, but she devours Meow Mix. Guess she's very picky... or that this brand is better tasting.

Original review: July 14, 2020

It's a decent cat food if you're looking for something inexpensive and something that will last through the month. But if you're looking for a really healthy cat food, I would suggest considering the cat go on a better diet with another brand.

Get buying tips about Cat Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2020

I have 3 cats and I use to feed them Purina Cat Chow. My 1 cat was use the Meow Mix, the other 2 ate the Purina. My 1 cat was a fussy eater and wouldn't eat the Purina, so I bought Meow Mix and now they all prefer the Meow Mix.

Original review: July 5, 2020

I help with a feral colony and try and get the 16 pound bag. That’s the biggest size I can manage on my own. The product is one of the least expensive and the cats really like it. The colony cats are not fussy so I really do not know anything about the ingredients but I figure they must be getting some nourishment to help them out.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I've been using this cat food for a homeless cat that picked me for some reason to befriend, I've fed, and taken care of her for about 5 years now, she's a good cat, I feed her Meow Mix because she likes it, and it's got the nutrition she needs, it's about the only brand she really likes.

Original review: July 17, 2020

My cat absolutely loves Meow Mix cat food. The company seems awesome. I like the ingredients for my cat. The price is very affordable. I always get the 40 pound bag from Walmart. The packaging is very colorful.

Original review: July 3, 2020

The cat food is reasonable in price compared to the pricier cat food, and my two cats do seem to enjoy it, as does the dog who isn't supposed to eat it. It is easy to find at most stores. It also comes in sizes that I can carry.

Original review: July 2, 2020

My cats prefer this. I have 3 adults cats and this is the brand they like. The price is reasonable for the amount of food you get. One of my cats was pregnant and she actually preferred this instead of Kitten Chow.

Original review: May 1, 2020

I have been giving my cat hairball control dry for years. She is a long hair and it decreased her vomiting. I also give her a Meow Mix wet food a few times a week. After doing some research I decided to switch her wet food. I’m going on 3 weeks now and can’t believe the increased amount of energy she has. It took her awhile to start eating the new wet food. Meow mix puts so much junk in there. I think she was kind of addicted to it, she didn’t want anything else which I also read about. It might sound crazy but I feel like she already so much healthier. She just looks more alert. Looking for a new dry food now also.

Original review: March 13, 2020

The Meow Mix dry cat food causes my cats to vomit. We stopped feeding it to them and they stopped vomiting and seem to like their new food better. My husband mistakenly brought out the meow mix again and the dogs started eating it and they would vomit too along with horrible diarrhea. Finally figured out what happened and since throwing away all of the meow mix all of my pets are fine. I don't know what's in the stuff but it isn't safe for any animal to eat.

Meow Mix author review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Meow Mix brand has been providing cat food and treats for four decades. The company makes wet and dry cat food formulas as well as soft and crunchy treats. Meow Mix also makes a special cat food formula designed to deliver nutritionally balanced food to kittens.

• Protein-packed formulas: Meow Mix cat food formulas feature proteins like beef, poultry and seafood. Some formulas include more than one type of protein, such as beef and chicken or tuna and shrimp combinations.

• Souffles and pates: Meow Mix offers wet food formulas designed to resemble the souffles and pates people eat, featuring protein sources blended with gravy and topped with another protein. The whipped-texture selections are made with real egg.

• Multiple food formulas: This brand offers five types of wet cat food and six dry cat food selections.

• Specialty formulas: Meow Mix offers an Indoor Formula cat food to help keep indoor cats at a healthy weight, while its Hairball Control formula helps prevent the formation of hairballs.

• Nutrition and flavor: Each Meow Mix formula is designed to deliver wholesome nutrition combined with chicken, tuna, shrimp, beef, salmon and liver flavors cats like.

by Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Meow Mix Company Information