2. Pets

Save 30% on your first autoship

Shop your favorite brands on Chewy.com

Shop now

Meow Mix Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meow Mix?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meow Mix?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I recently got two kittens (and already have a one year old cat). I got them the Meow Mix dry kitten food and it’s disgusting. All my cats (even the babies) started throwing up, having diarrhea and either blood or red dye from food in their diarrhea. Their ** are irritated and red and they aren’t feeling well. They’ve been on it for TWO DAYS. I then did some research and saw other people having the same issues and some other cats have died from this disgusting food. Ingredients are trash. I don’t know how they can still sell this they should have multiple lawsuits! Awful product. Made all three of my babies sick. I’m disgusted.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I recently lost my cat to this food brand. I buy indoor health since they both stayed inside and never ventured out.. All of a sudden my cat started throwing up. Took him to the vet and he passed away.

Get buying tips about Cat Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2020

My cat absolutely loves Meow Mix cat food. The company seems awesome. I like the ingredients for my cat. The price is very affordable. I always get the 40 pound bag from Walmart. The packaging is very colorful.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I've tried other brands including the store brands but my cat seems to prefer Meow Mix. She can't wait till it's time to eat. With the other brands, it's as if there's no excitement. She doesn't eat as much with the other brands, but she devours Meow Mix. Guess she's very picky... or that this brand is better tasting.

Original review: July 14, 2020

It's a decent cat food if you're looking for something inexpensive and something that will last through the month. But if you're looking for a really healthy cat food, I would suggest considering the cat go on a better diet with another brand.

Original review: July 13, 2020

I have 3 cats and I use to feed them Purina Cat Chow. My 1 cat was use the Meow Mix, the other 2 ate the Purina. My 1 cat was a fussy eater and wouldn't eat the Purina, so I bought Meow Mix and now they all prefer the Meow Mix.

Original review: July 5, 2020

I help with a feral colony and try and get the 16 pound bag. That’s the biggest size I can manage on my own. The product is one of the least expensive and the cats really like it. The colony cats are not fussy so I really do not know anything about the ingredients but I figure they must be getting some nourishment to help them out.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I've been using this cat food for a homeless cat that picked me for some reason to befriend, I've fed, and taken care of her for about 5 years now, she's a good cat, I feed her Meow Mix because she likes it, and it's got the nutrition she needs, it's about the only brand she really likes.

Original review: July 3, 2020

The cat food is reasonable in price compared to the pricier cat food, and my two cats do seem to enjoy it, as does the dog who isn't supposed to eat it. It is easy to find at most stores. It also comes in sizes that I can carry.

Original review: July 2, 2020

My cats prefer this. I have 3 adults cats and this is the brand they like. The price is reasonable for the amount of food you get. One of my cats was pregnant and she actually preferred this instead of Kitten Chow.

Meow Mix author review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Meow Mix brand has been providing cat food and treats for four decades. The company makes wet and dry cat food formulas as well as soft and crunchy treats. Meow Mix also makes a special cat food formula designed to deliver nutritionally balanced food to kittens.

• Protein-packed formulas: Meow Mix cat food formulas feature proteins like beef, poultry and seafood. Some formulas include more than one type of protein, such as beef and chicken or tuna and shrimp combinations.

• Souffles and pates: Meow Mix offers wet food formulas designed to resemble the souffles and pates people eat, featuring protein sources blended with gravy and topped with another protein. The whipped-texture selections are made with real egg.

• Multiple food formulas: This brand offers five types of wet cat food and six dry cat food selections.

• Specialty formulas: Meow Mix offers an Indoor Formula cat food to help keep indoor cats at a healthy weight, while its Hairball Control formula helps prevent the formation of hairballs.

• Nutrition and flavor: Each Meow Mix formula is designed to deliver wholesome nutrition combined with chicken, tuna, shrimp, beef, salmon and liver flavors cats like.

by Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Meow Mix Company Information