2. Pets

Shop your favorite brands on Chewy.com

Shop now
Shop Now on Chewy

Fancy Feast Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fancy Feast?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fancy Feast?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

All 4 of our cats have been weird since Xmas day. We had received a new 24 can vase of FF from Amazon, FF seafood pate. We usually order the beef pate or the seafood pate. One of our cats is severely ill. Vomit, diarrhea, lethargic, fever. He is on 4 medications now. Another cat is not eating at all and lethargic as well. Our 2 other cats are also turning their nose at the seafood batch received. All the cats have eaten it and all all have either had diarrhea or vomit since Christmas. Anyone else having issues. Fancy is no longer welcome in our home. The vet said this is for sure something they ate.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I have fed my cats Fancy feast off and on for 5+yrs now. Every now and then, I get a case or batch that seems to make them very ill. This summer all 3 of my cats became violently ill. Puking, diarrhea, lethargy, all the bad stuff. I came home one evening to a litter box full of blood/mucus and 2 of my cats seemed sick, but still ate/drank. My 5yr old, the eldest, I found laying in my basement unable to stand or move in a pile of vomit. $2,500 in vet bills and a 5 night stay at the vet she's back home. I vowed not to buy this brand again.

However, another rush of panic buying meant fancy feast was all that was left in flavours my cats ate. The last 4 days, I've been cleaning up vomit. I wasn't positive it was the food at first, until I opened a can and my youngest gobbled it down, started heaving, and proceeded to vomit it all back up into the bowl. The middle cat ran to my bedroom and threw it up, the eldest wouldn't touch it. I wish I could include a photo, but I will give detailed information of the batch code/box/flavour instead. It was a case of Medleys, Florentine collection. Wild salmon florentine was the one immediately puked back up within seconds. Best before date Aug 2022, 02428331 11:17 L020272.

I will never, ever buy again!! Especially after reading the horror stories similar to mine. My cats kidneys were so far gone by the 3rd day that her crea level was in the 980s. The vet was floored. He said he had never seen a cat as young as she was with kidney levels resembling late stage kidney failure. He thought she was poisoned. My youngest had seizures.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I've been feeding all my cats Fancy Feast wet food ever since I found the product many years ago. Last year I joined Chewy and because they offer lower prices, I started feeding them a more expensive brand of wet cat food called Sheba. Well my order for Sheba was late this month, so I bought a couple of Fancy Feast cans to hold them over until my shipment of Sheba came in from Chewy.

Salmon and Shrimp Feast Classic Pate is their favorite. I gave them a can of that on Monday and within minutes after eating, they both started throwing up VIOLENTLY at least 5-7 times! Tuesday I gave a different flavor and they seemed fine. Wednesday I gave them the Salmon and Shrimp Feast Classic Pate again and they couldn't even finish it because they started throwing VIOLENTLY again - multiple times! It's so distressing to see that. Something is wrong this food!!!! I hope Purina company please looks into this before more cats get hurt. Until now, my cats were healthy and were not throwing up at all.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I have been reading so many negative reviews in Fancy Feast Pate cat food and am wondering how has this cat food not been recalled or had a lawsuit? I currently have a cat in the emergency vet on IV fluid who won’t eat or drink after out of the blue severe vomiting and diarrhea! She immediately threw up her fancy feast shrimp and cod Pate (and has been eating it for a while with no issues) but all of a sudden had this horrible reaction! And now I am not sure of her fate, it’s that bad!

My other cat ate the same food this afternoon and immediately they it up and she does not throw up. I don’t know what has changed in the Pate ingredients but it seems a lot of the reviews on here my two cats have had similar immediate reaction after eating the Pate. One of my cats is in very bad shape after being so sick for four days and now not eating or drinking on her own and at the emergency vet. I Will be pursuing this.. Did fancy feast pates poison our cats?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

My older cat has been eating the Florentine type for the last 9 years and recently he has been have some issues. The food seems to turn a pink color, have they changed anything within the last few months. Has anyone else noticed this?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

We have 2 indoor cats, dry food only. February 2020 my older one stopped eating. Of course she lost weight. She was 14 and I thought maybe she just couldn't chew/swallow dry food anymore. So I bought a couple of cans of Fancy Feast Beef Pate. She liked it and did perk up some. So I bought a whole case from Amazon. That's a lot of money for someone on disability.

Over the next few weeks she ate less and less until she was down to about 2 tablespoons a day. She was still drinking water and using the litter box. She needed a stool to jump in my lap. But she was still my loving kitty. One night mid-March, about a month after starting Fancy Feast, she started lurching a few steps forward and falling down. She seemed really weak. I knew this day was coming and spent the next 12 hours moving her food bowl to where ever she was, giving her water with a dropper and making sure she knew how much I loved her. I fell asleep. Woke up 2 hours later and she was dead. I thought I would die but I knew she was old. I had a younger cat to take care of. So I kept going. BTW the younger cat flat out refused to eat the Fancy Feast wet food from the start.

I mourned the loss of my older cat and focused all my love and attention on my younger cat and little dog. But the cat still refused to touch the Fancy Feast wet food. I stopped opening and wasting it. My son and ex-husband live in a different town from me. They always have a houseful of cats. But my son has a cat that he loves more than anything. She was born in 2004 so she was 16 years old. I sent all the unopened cans of Fancy Feast wet food to their house for his kitty. My ex has a favorite cat also. He can't afford wet food for all those kitties. But those 2 favorites were given the wet food starting a few weeks ago. The 16 year old died Tuesday. We all chalked it up to old age. We all loved her and are sick with grief. 5 days later the other cat that ate the Fancy Feast wet food was found dead. She was young and healthy.

That's too much of a coincidence for me. Approximately 10 cat's live in these 2 different households. Only 3 of them ate from the same case of Fancy Feast Beef Pate wet food and all 3 of them died within weeks of being switched to that food. All of the 6 or 7 other cats, in both houses that didn't eat Fancy Feast are perfectly fine. Somebody needs to do something.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I feed the same 5 flavors tins that my 2 cats like. I purchase by the carton. But too often I find that one or both cats refuse to touch the food or if they eat some, a cat sometimes vomits her food. I am starting to believe that the contents are not consistent (substituting ingredients) so the taste varies and sometimes it is tainted, but not enough for a recall. Maybe the company is not even aware they are putting out inferior/tainted quality at the factory, or they are but get away with it??

Original review: July 17, 2020

I appreciate the large variety of flavors. Don't much like that the cans are very small but the price is pretty large. My cat is a bit of a picky eater, but likes a lot of the Fancy Feast fish flavors.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Food is presentable with ingredients identifiable. Aroma is not offensive. Consumer appears to enjoy as opposed to some other brands tried in home. Very few incidents of hair balls and no incidents of projectile vomiting as previously occurring. Enough of a selection of varieties for any Fancy Feast fussy pants. Lets me live with a happy furry child.

Original review: July 16, 2020

My cat loves the Fancy Feast Gourmet Naturals pate. I love that there are no artificial colors in it. She did love the Medleys, but I found out they had artificial colors. I wish that fancy feast would get rid of the artificial colors because the colors aren't fooling anyone.

Fancy Feast Company Information