2. Pets
  3. Cat Food

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.31/5

Fancy Feast Reviews

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I have 9 cats who have been eating Friskies and FF for many years. I have one cat in particular who will only eat the FF Flaked Fish and Shrimp. I have noticed recently the food is dark and it does not smell normal. She will not eat this food!!! Neither will the other cats. There is something wrong with it. I thought it was perhaps the one case I purchased but unfortunately that is not the case. I called Purina and they said they did not change the ingredients and they offered coupons. I purchased another case and same thing. All dark meat and it smells more like human tuna but with a sickening smell to it. After reading all the reviews here, this is very worrisome.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Hello, I have been feeding my cats Fancy Feast for a couple years, lately they eat and instantly get sick..also had diarrhea! One of my cats have never been sick in his entire 9 years of life until recently.. I thought he was dying! He was hiding.. not wanting to eat, which has NEVER happened before! I know he did not feel well and I found out it is the Fancy Feast canned cat food that I have been feeding them! I found this out by doing some reviews and seeing how many people since November of 2019 until this year January 2020 has had many cats getting sick that have been on Fancy Feast for a while and suddenly there's a change.

I also noticed a change in the quality of the food when I opened it but didn't think too much about it. I have recently switched to Sheba and my cats are so much better! They are running around the house happier and their Fur feel softer! I only pick the ones that do not have any by-products and it is a success so if anyone out there is feeding fancy feast I suggest you switch!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I have always used FF can food for my 4 cats for years with no problems until now. One cat is 9 years old and very picky eater. Over the last 8 months with cans dated 2021, the bottom of the cans poof out when you open them and they smell nasty and look brown. It doesn't matter what flavor it is but a can shouldn't poof out like that. I have called Purina and told them what was going on but all they ever did was send me coupons. What good is a coupon if you can't use the food! Something needs to be done so our cats don't get sick anymore. I'm going to call the Food and Drug Administration and have them check this out. Purina needs to take responsibility for the cat food they make for our pets. Now I need to find another can food my picky eaters will eat.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

Product CHANGED! On our 3rd pair of felines and used this brand for years. Our Senior cat is 15 and always liked it (she will eat almost anything, lol, she’s a big girl)! She won’t even eat it most days and doesn’t like hard food or tolerate it. Her litter sibling crossed the Rainbow Bridge 2 years ago. He always ate this as well. Our 1 1/2 year old boys stopped eating this now too. All 3 cats have a hard food but used to look forward to this wet food am and pm but now we end up throwing the opened cans out. Have purchased from Target and Amazon and different lots doesn’t make a difference. Even the coloring is weird and gross to me and the liquid has been jelled when we open them. Very disappointed...

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

My two cats are 3 and 3.5 years old, so relatively young. I fed them classic Fancy Feast from a young age as a treat. The older one (Siamese) stopped eating the grilled varieties after about 6 months and so I switched to only pate, various flavours. Then the Siamese stopped eating all Fancy Feast; he would eat only dry food. The younger one (Ragdoll) continued to eat Fancy Feast. I decided to have him finish all the boxes of Fancy Feast before I tried something new. Expiry dates are still good. But he got tired of eating the last flavour and I purchased a few cans of Fancy Feast medleys brand. Initially he gulped it down. Then he got severe diarrhea and I had to rush him to the vet.

He was getting better and my grandson accidentally fed him a bit from the medleys can. He lay around all day and finally threw it up. Now eating dry food and another brand of wet food as a treat. I think that the Fancy Feast formula has recently changed, or the place where the food is produced (somewhere in China) has become contaminated given all the recent reviews of Fancy Feast. Purina owes us for all those vet bills.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fancy Feast?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Well it is December 30, and I just figured out why my cats have been so sick, Fancy Feast. Sam's Warehouse suddenly stopped selling it...and then they began again. The Sam's November and newly restocked Fancy Feast made no difference...my cats vomit right afterwards eating it. They had been on it all their lives, so what gives? Now my cats are eating Caesar dog food. Ok. That might be wrong, but they love it and I TRUST that it is healthy. I will never test FF again on my cats, too risky.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Buddy came vomiting profusely out of our feeding room Dec. 17, 2019. He is so sick from FF canned cat food dated June 2021. Precious family member is still suffering after several days in a row of vet emergency care. We don't want to lose our lovable companion due to FF negligence. Several tests of body functions are negative. We are up to $5,000 of vet visit costs and still Buddy is not right. WE have had very little sleep due to this issue taking Buddy to 24/7 ER runs as he is so sickly. Not eating or drinking several days now. I hope FF corp is interested to contact and discuss this horrendous experience we are going through. You purchase a product and it creates a resentful costly issue. What is going to be done for this. There is no way to replace your family pet you enjoy and connect with and endure the suffering and loss of joy we are going through right now.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I have used Fancy Feast wet food for years. Since December 23, 2019, my cats refuse to eat it and have become extremely ill. I have 5 indoor cats and numerous living in my garage but only 1 in the garage gets wet food. She has vomited after she eats hers. Even the outdoor feral cats will not eat it and they eat anything. Something is wrong with this product. My cats eat a variety of flavors from Chunky Chicken to Fish & Shrimp Feast. Today I am taking one to the Vet because she has repeatedly vomited blood. The cats have no exposure to any toxins and/or cleaning products. My indoor and garage cats never go outside! I am posting this just to alert anyone else!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I have 7 cats and have been feeding Fancy Feast for years... Mostly Gravy Lovers and Medleys. Just like the other cat owners here, my cats have recently stopped eating the food they used to like, have started having diarrhea and vomiting and not being very playful. I don't know what's going on, but I definitely am very concerned about what Purina is putting in this food. This just doesn't seem right when your cats turn their noses up at a food they've been eating all their lives and start vomiting. I found this website when I was searching for recall information.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

This getting very old. We were feeding our cats Friskies and our cats suddenly began to turn their noses up. It was about the time that it was discovered that the Chinese manufactured cat foods contained melamine as a filler. Melamine, the same product they line the inside of cabinets with?? We reluctantly upgraded to Fancy Feast, problem solved. Pay more money for a smaller can of Purina. Obvious price point issue that moves its way down the supply chain. Now we are sitting on a couple cases of cat food our cats will not eat...again. We are done with this company. Our regulators should be on top of this, but collecting a reliable paycheck and generous guaranteed retirement their only domain. What do we have see...Pets dying on the front pages again for things to change?? Just adding another poisonous filler, that will do the trick. We fed our cat some Sheba this morning. We have fed them Sheba on a number of occasions. Switch to Sheba.

Fancy Feast Company Information