2. Pets

Save 30% on your first autoship

Shop your favorite brands on Chewy.com

Shop now

Purina Pro Plan Cat Food Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pro Plan Cat Food?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pro Plan Cat Food?

Original review: May 24, 2021

I purchased Purina pro live clear for my healthy cat, that has not had any veterinary issues. I fed live clear to my cat for 3 weeks. He ended up inpatient at my vet for mega colon. He spent 4 days inpatient at my vet.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

Very long story short. My cat started vomiting on Purina dry food. We brought him to the vet, everything was normal, we thought it was just a stomach upset, but the vet advised to switch him on Purina Fancy Feast (variety). Within the next 7 months my cat continued to have violent episodes of vomiting, every 2-3-4 days that caused severe dehydration. Three months after the first episode he showed signs of kidney failure. Immediately changed the food to other Purina brands, with less proteins, no chunks. Same story, vomiting, vomiting several trips to the ER.

At the end I decided to completely interrupt cat food and switched my cat to human food. Vomiting completely, and I say completely stopped!! To understand whether it was the food, after one month that he stopped vomiting I re-introduced Purina Pro Plan slowly, first one tip of the spoon, within one week one can. At the 1 can feeding, cat vomiting again!! I have a dog also on Purina Pro Plan Focus. He is not eating that food and has upset stomach all the time. I am eliminating Purina from my house, for cat and dog. They should seriously revisit what they are giving us.

Get buying tips about Cat Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

The cats love it, it’s made without fillers, artificial flavors and starts with meat and made in the USA! My cats were itchy, scratching and licking fur off. I had been giving them Meow Mix. I read the different reasons for the scratching, on the internet and they mentioned corn products. My vet recommended the Purina Pro so I read the ingredients and started them on it. All is well now and they are happy, content, and no more licking and scratching which makes us very happy too!

Original review: July 23, 2020

I have raised my fur child on Purina since she was a kitten. As she got older, the variety of choices of purina along with other cat foods came available, yet I wouldn't think of switching nor would my little 1 but as she aged, just such as us humans do as we get older, she started slowing down a bit so I decided to try the

Purina 1 Older Cat since it stated that it would help supply my little girl with all the nutrients & vitamins that she needed & that it would help bring out the kitten in her, so to speak.

I have to be honest & didn't believe that I would see much difference but held out hope that at least the extra nutrients would do her good. How wrong I was! Her mobility & agility increased greatly and let's just say that play time was extremely extended. Thank you very much to purina for not only making my little girl's life so much better but my also since I had the PLEASURE of 21 1/2 years with her. I can't promise or prove that it was the cat food alone, but I stand as a firm believer that it DEFINITELY played an important role, so I would highly recommend this product to anyone that loves their fur babies as much as me. THX MUCH, 1 HAPPY momma!

Original review: July 17, 2020

Satisfied. No issues with the cat food. No hair balls or throwing up. Also the price of the food is very reasonable and it is also easy to locate. I have always used this food and I recommend it to all cats.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I buy this because the cats are always hungry and eat it right up. It keeps them satisfied, fur shiny and body healthy. The nutrients in the product seem to be exactly what they need to live an active lifestyle. I am glad I choose this product and will recommend it to all my friends and anyone else adopting a cat.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I am using Purina Pro Plan Cat Food - both dry & wet - upon the recommendations of my vet. I have one "special needs" cat who weighs 30 lbs. and has IBS; it's nearly impossible to keep his food separate from the other two, who fortunately like Purina Pro Plan as well!

Original review: July 14, 2020

I have used several brands of food for my cats but this brand is what they like the best. This is what they like over anything else I have fed them. I feel it is a well balanced diet for them also. The price is reasonable and it is easy to find to purchase.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Our cat Butch is a senior FIV cat. He really enjoys the Pro Plan Products. We are now using another Pro Plan product the Live Clear which is supposed to help with the dander. This company seems to make very good products and our Butch is thriving.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I rely on how my cats are feeling. I read the ingredients and they seem ok. I tried Blue Buffalo and it was to rich for them. They threw up. So I read reviews and I have them eating Purina Tender Selects -salmon and they like the smell of it. I am trusting Purina to make a food that promotes good health and long life. Both my kitties look healthy.

Purina Pro Plan Cat Food author review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Created by Purina, one of the most trusted names in pet care, Pro Plan is a premium pet food with only one thing in mind - health. Pro Plan creates healthy blends and tempting flavors, all chock full of the nutrition pets need to stay glossy and active.

• Special formulas for almost any issue: Pro Plan makes cat food formulas designed to help with almost any issue a cat can develop, from sensitive stomachs to urinary tract health.

• Wet and dry food options: For picky eaters and cats that do better on a wet food diet, Pro Plan has a variety of options.

• No fad diets: Pro Plan creates food with pet health as the primary goal, avoiding gimmicks and trends.

• Kitten, adult and senior formulas: Pro Plan offers kitten food, food for adults one year and older, and for those eleven plus.

• Color-coded for easy shopping: Each food category is broken down by bag color to show which products are for health issues, picky eaters or general health.

by Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Purina Pro Plan Cat Food Company Information