Nutro Cat Foods

Need help choosing a cat food brand?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

4 Nutro Cat Foods Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 27, 2018

My cat's fur looks & feels like Velvet. She is very healthy! I contend that this highest quality food (Nutro Cat & Kitten dry food) is the reason she is so healthy and happy. The expense is worth every penny. I believe it is an investment for her health as she gets older.

Original review: June 23, 2018

The cats like Nutro Indoor. They also seem to have less solid stool that is not runny as happens with some other brands. Their breath also smells better than with some of the other brands.

Get expert buying tips about Cat Food delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

So I bought this cat food as a spur of the moment choice. I needed another bag of cat food, and I was trying to find something that I could buy at either my local grocery store or target vs PetSmart, which is where I was buying my food previously. So I was sitting in my local grocery store looking at all the cat food choices (which basically amounted to Purina and Iams and I refuse to feed my cat either of those) and I saw the Nutro Cat food section. I didn't have my phone, so I couldn't do any research on it, and ended up just buying it spur of the moment. It was about the same price as Science Diet (which was what I was feeding my cat before) but I wouldn't have to make a special trip just to get it. It also had normal shaped bits, which some food have the weird shapes and my cat chokes on those and it's not good.

Anyways I get it home and my cat would not leave it alone. I had already fed her that day but she was rather insistent and annoying about it so I gave her half a scoop of it and she devoured it and she's devoured it every time I've fed her ever since. Since I've bought it I've had time to do research on it and I like what I see. It has good meats and good grains in it and I've seen very very few times where it seems like switching the cat to the food has brought on adverse side effects. My cat certainly hasn't had any. All in all I will continue to buy Nutro and recommend it to anyone who asks me about it.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2016

I tried the Nutro brand of canned cat food because my cats were getting sick of Natural Balance. After 2 cans each over 2 days they all had diarrhea and my 16 lb cat named Stinky developed pancreatitis. She is now at the vet's office getting IV meds. It is very bad and as of today they don't know for sure if she will be OK. I should have read more about your products because I see I'm not the only person who has experienced severe illness in their pets from your product. Obviously you could care less that you are selling a bowl full of death. I plan to review your awful food everywhere I can to prevent others from this issue as it is also obvious you do not care about your customers.

Nutro Cat Foods expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

NUTRO Cat Food is a company that offers premium cat food with a variety of flavors and textures to cats in all life stages. Tailored by the experts at The Nutro Company, it contains natural ingredients with added vitamins, minerals and trace nutrients to deliver the high-quality nutrition cats need to stay happy and healthy. With no poultry by-product meal, soy protein, rice flour, corn, wheat or vitamin K3, NUTRO Cat Food is free from many of the ingredients that are known to cause allergies in cats.

• Fresh, natural ingredients: Dry food and wet loaf formulas contain real fish or poultry as the main ingredient.

• Variety of textures: Products are available in sliced, minced, soft loaf and chunky loaf textures.

• No artificial preservatives: All Nutro food contains no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.

• Quality control measures: All ingredients are tested to ensure they meet established nutritional and food safety standards, and all finished products go through rigorous testing to confirm freshness, quality and stability.

• For all ages: Products are perfectly balanced to meet the dietary needs of indoor and outdoor kittens, adults and seniors.

• Best for: Indoor and outdoor cats, fussy cats and cats with specific health needs.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
    Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Nutro Cat Foods Company Information