3.71/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Purina Dog Chow

Looking for a good dog food brand?

237 Purina Dog Chow Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 23, 2019

I like the look and the option for healthy weight. Most importantly- my dog loves it, and it does not cause any gastro-intestinal upset. What appeals to me is not as important as its appeal to my fur baby.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Walmart in my area very rarely has the Purina Puppy Chow in stock. I feel it is ok as a brand. Always want to eat it. Chemicals and preservatives are a real concern in any processed foods. I want my animals to have the vitamins and minerals they NEED, not just the minimum.

Original review: April 22, 2019

My dogs love Purina's Pedigree. They stay healthy. I free feed (I just fill up the big pan and let them eat whenever they want) and they do not overeat nor is anyone overweight. I have tried this with other foods that cost more and it was a disaster. Picking up the residue in the yard is also good, solid, formation. No digestive problems. Their coats are excellent, teeth in good condition, good vet report on general health.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I've used Purina Pro Plan for years. It contains all of the essential nutrients and vitamins my dogs need; they regularly get good checkups with the vet. They come in several different flavors and designed for differing age groups.

Original review: April 21, 2019

My dog seems to love this dog food. She eats it right up. It is a good cost and coupons are available. It is readily available in my area and I don't live near large stores so this is a big help. Being name brand makes me comfortable using it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Dog Chow?

Original review: April 20, 2019

We have had 2 large dogs (1 lived to be 14) & the other is 10. Have had no problems with the can or dry food. Both dogs have been extremely healthy & never turned down the food. Have tried other brands, they did not like. I don't believe in changing food especially after a certain age.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Puffy has allergies and a skin condition that is associated with her allergies. For 10 years I had been feeding her Cesar’s and the vet ask to take her off. Then I tried the Purina Bella Dog Food. I love it. I even do the auto ship. We just can’t live without it. She skin is also beautiful. The change was very beneficial and weight is the ideal weight.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I have used Purina for every puppy and dog I have had. The only trouble is finding the pouch wet food for puppies at local stores. They only order a few at a time. You have to run to different stores or order online.

Original review: April 18, 2019

We have small dogs (20 pounds) and we like the small size. They also have a small bites version that is even better. They have also recently come out with a grain free product. We just bought it for the first time very recently.

Original review: April 18, 2019

My dogs seem to love it. They eat it all and are in good shape. They are working dogs. Guard dogs for sheep and need all the energy they can get. The price is very competitive with other brands. I am especially grateful for the size selection. I have one dog who wants the big dog nuggets and one that wants the small nuggets.

Purina Dog Chow Company Information