Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Pets
  3. Dog Food

Beneful Pet Foods

Beneful Pet Foods
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.36/5
Based on 1,866 ratings

Beneful Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: April 17, 2019

My Bessie loves any of their food. Really loves the natural grain. She is a mix breed of Yorkie, Jack Russell, Shih Tzu, and chihuahua and is very picky when she eats. So and I also have an 18 yr old Staffordshire and he thinks he is getting a treat when open the bag to feed her. This food really seems to keep her energy up.

Original review: April 16, 2019

My two small dogs have been doing great on Purina Beneful Healthy Weight. They have a beautiful coat and they lost the weight they needed to and are maintaining a healthy weight. Purina Beneful Healthy Weight is a balanced nutritional diet for my dogs plus they love the taste.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2019

My dogs like this food and are doing very well on it. The price is reasonable and it is easy to find in the stores. It has a high Omega 3 content that my vet tells me is good for them. It has all of the ingredients recommended by their vet.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Whole ingredients. Easy to mix & Has great texture. Has good bowel movements. Keeps my dog trim...mix with one of their small can Dog food. Mr Mugsy eats it right up. Has lots of energy & coat is very & Mr Mugsy is very alert?

Original review: April 3, 2019

Never had a problem with them. My baby boy seems to enjoy it. There is one flavor he doesn't like but he politely piles them up on the floor next to his bowl so it's easy to clean up. He's regular as a clock. I know to put him out after dinner and we have no "problems". Although the price is a bit high so is everything here in Hawaii lol!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beneful?

Original review: March 14, 2020

Seriously, dog owners, stay away from this food! My two dogs had bloody stools after eating this food. My dogs were getting bored with their food, so I bought the Beneful dry food to change it up. They both got bloody diarrhea for days. I immediately Googled this brand and discovered that other pet owners were having the same trouble. I threw the food out right away and started them on Wellness dry food. No more bloody stools. This food should be pulled off the shelves!!! I don’t understand how this dangerous food is being allowed to be sold!!!! It outrages me!!! Do your research on safe and healthy dog food. We love our pets and want the best for them. Shame on this company for just trying to make a buck on this crap that is making our dogs sick!!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

My 7 Year Old Lab Lost His Life. “Kidney Failure”. PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THESE WARNINGS LEFT BY OTHERS ON THIS FORUM! Their stories are REAL and so are their broken Hearts! Our Chocolate lab “Rusty” had no issues with eating this poison as far as his acquired taste was concerned. However, this food slowly took him away from us. His weight began to drop, he was drinking tons of water each day. He dropped enough weight the last 6 months of his life that you could begin to see each rib as well as feel his predominant back bone, his coat began to feel dry, brittle, no shine. He stopped jumping up in bed with me, he couldn’t even get into the vehicle to go to the vet. He stayed about 75-80 lbs and the day he died he had dropped down to 55 lbs.

I knew this had been recalled a few years prior to me getting my lab but I just assumed these issues had been rectified and improvements made or why else would this dog food still be on the Supermarket shelves to feed to our dogs. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case at all, Over the years of consuming this food, it just slowly chipped away at Rusty's kidneys. The vet took a blood sample and his numbers were literally “off the chart” for a kidney failure diagnosis. We laid our boy to rest the same day we learned of his illness. We knew he wasn’t far from death. As a matter of fact he went to heavily vomiting in our vehicle on the way to the vets office. We had decided to have his remains cremated. We feel like our dogs life was cut short by 7-8 years by slowly consuming this POISON ☠️ on a daily basis.

If you ARE or HAVE BEEN feeding your dog this dog poison/food, I want to let you know that some of these health complications and symptoms WILL NOT AND DOES NOT APPEAR IMMEDIATELY, it sometimes takes a length of time to do enough organ damage to cause death, it took 7-8 years before this poison finally took our dog away from us. Your dog may act normal for a length of time while consuming this food but eventually your dog's body will begin to suffer the side effects of eating Beneful. To Save yourself some future heartache and to allow your dog a chance to live life to its fullest expectancy STOP USING THIS DOG FOOD NOWWW!!! Please be on the lookout for symptoms. If your dog's breath suddenly begins to smell, or his coat begins to look dull, dry, and brittle or he begins consuming more water than the average normal, go to the vet. If you can get your vet to provide a toxicology test on your dog may be beneficial.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I fed this to my silky terrier, Louis, for 2 years. He always threw up and had bad diarrhea, but we assumed that since terriers have sensitive stomachs, that it was like that for all his foods. In November of 2019 his stomach filled up with fluid and we had to go to the emergency and have it tapped. The vets said it could have killed him. He's now on Dr. Hill's low-fat i/d canned food, which is AMAZING, and on medication for the rest of his life. The vets told me that most dog foods sold in places like Walmart or co-op are like poison. Once we stopped Louis from eating the Beneful IncrediBites he immediately stopped vomiting and having loose stool, but now he will likely be sick for the rest of his life. This food should be off the shelves and banned.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I always fed my dogs expensive organic dog food Performatrin. However I cheated out this time and gave them a bag of Beneful just only for this month as I had so many bills to pay for the month and couldn’t get the expensive stuff. Wow, within two weeks my one dog I notice had an increase in urination. Always peeing long and frequent on walks. This never happened on last food “performatrin”. I threw away the bag of Beneful. It’s been two weeks of them eating it.

I watched reviews of Blue Buffalo, Ol' Roy and Beneful (anything from Purina) being bad for animals. I went out and bought the expensive bag of usual dog food Performatrin. Let’s just say if you care about your dogs don’t feed them trash and do your in-depth research. By feeding your dogs crap you are slowly killing them. I’m lucky to have researched Purina brands before I had done further damages to my dogs. I’m lucky my dogs are okay now. No more cheap grocery store/Walmart crap brands of dog foods. Even I will feed my cat better quality. Also on Beneful my dogs became really lazy and depressed like lacking energy. These dog foods should be ban. No animal should go through this crap. NONE!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I purchased to bags of Purina Beneful Grain Free Dog food in September. I noticed Kimber eating less. Didn’t think anything because she her normal self. The night she passed away I took her out for a walk. She was walking funny, even fell over. She walked a little then vomited. I immediately knew something was wrong. I had to carry her back in the house. She was so weak. I sat down and was planning to bring her to the vet next morning. Within 15 minutes Kimber was gone! Cold as ice! Not thinking it was the food. I gave my sister the remainder of the dog food. On yesterday my sister's dog Chez fell over trying to pee. They didn’t think anything of it. He vomited and was dead within the hour. The only thing they had in common was the dog food.

Beneful Pet Foods Company Information