Beneful Pet Foods
2.43/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Beneful Pet Foods

Looking for a good dog food brand?

1887 Beneful Pet Foods Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 17, 2019

My Bessie loves any of their food. Really loves the natural grain. She is a mix breed of Yorkie, Jack Russell, Shih Tzu, and chihuahua and is very picky when she eats. So and I also have an 18 yr old Staffordshire and he thinks he is getting a treat when open the bag to feed her. This food really seems to keep her energy up.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Never had a problem with them. My baby boy seems to enjoy it. There is one flavor he doesn't like but he politely piles them up on the floor next to his bowl so it's easy to clean up. He's regular as a clock. I know to put him out after dinner and we have no "problems". Although the price is a bit high so is everything here in Hawaii lol!

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2019

My 2 dogs love this food. I have one that is a picky eater, so finding a food that she likes to eat was a chore. She dives right into her bowl now. We use the grain-free Beneful. It’s good quality dog food. Every bag always smells and looks fresh. It’s a bit pricey but compared to other grain-frees we have tried, it is not.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Beneful is OK but the ingredients are like the other brands like Rachel Ray. I get the one for older dogs. My dogs really like the dog food. But I think the dog food is overrated. It is nutritional but cost too much. I have 5 dogs and the price is not something I can afford for a 50lb bag so I have to get something cheaper. If they came down in price I would buy it ALL THE TIME.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Three years ago my 16 year old Shih Tzu died of old age. He was exclusively fed Beneful. I then rescued a 5 year old boxer and figured just stick with what works. 3 years later, I have a happy healthy 8 year old boxer who still acts like a puppy, also exclusively Beneful. If I ever get another dog, I will give it the same. Both of my dogs loved it and never had any complications with their health. I can promise you if my dog died and I thought in any way it was caused by dog food, an autopsy would be done and only then would I start placing blame.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beneful?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

All three of our dogs are extremely sick after eating this dog food. I recommend that you NEVER buy their product again. This is a complete nightmare watching our fur babies go through hell because of something I gave them. Your food!???

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I have 4 mini schnauzers. 12 year old, 5 year old and two 10 month olds. I decided to try Beneful last Saturday. After just 2 feeding, my 12 year old started hemorrhaging horrible. Threw up straight blood everywhere and had bloody diarrhea. He passed away in such a horrific way. My house looked like a crime scene. My other 3 had the exact same reaction the following day. They are on antibiotics and looks like they will pull thru but the vet said had we got the 5 year old in any later she would have died. They were all perfectly healthy prior and none had ever had a single health problem, ever.???

Original review: June 25, 2019

My dog began having seizures late April. I’m not sure when I started giving them the little Incredibles canned wet food but one of my dog starting having seizures. I stooped the food for three weeks... Gave him a can and it wasn’t 4 hours later he had a massive seizure. I’m going to have his blood work done and talk to the vet tomorrow but I know it’s this food. Shame on Purina and shame on whoever is in charge of keeping stuff like this off the shelves. Enough complaints have been made yet they continue to murder and hurt our pets. It’s unbelievable.

Original review: June 11, 2019

We fed our beautiful Goldendoodle Beneful. We came home one evening and she was seizing on our kitchen floor. We took her immediately to the emergency vet. Over the next 36 hours, every major system in her body failed. She died about 40 hours after her first seizure. We had an autopsy performed. The only thing they found, after her vomiting consistently, was her food: Beneful. She was just five.

Original review: June 7, 2019

My dog is a picky eater. He seems to like Beneful. I’ve tried numerous brands and this seems to be the brand to others I’ve tried. I wish I could find a brand that he really enjoys. I’ve tried Purina, Royal Canin.

Beneful Pet Foods Company Information