Beneful Pet Foods
2.33/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Beneful Pet Foods

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Beneful Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: April 17, 2019

My Bessie loves any of their food. Really loves the natural grain. She is a mix breed of Yorkie, Jack Russell, Shih Tzu, and chihuahua and is very picky when she eats. So and I also have an 18 yr old Staffordshire and he thinks he is getting a treat when open the bag to feed her. This food really seems to keep her energy up.

Original review: April 13, 2019

My dogs like this food and are doing very well on it. The price is reasonable and it is easy to find in the stores. It has a high Omega 3 content that my vet tells me is good for them. It has all of the ingredients recommended by their vet.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: April 3, 2019

Never had a problem with them. My baby boy seems to enjoy it. There is one flavor he doesn't like but he politely piles them up on the floor next to his bowl so it's easy to clean up. He's regular as a clock. I know to put him out after dinner and we have no "problems". Although the price is a bit high so is everything here in Hawaii lol!

Original review: March 18, 2019

My 2 dogs love this food. I have one that is a picky eater, so finding a food that she likes to eat was a chore. She dives right into her bowl now. We use the grain-free Beneful. It’s good quality dog food. Every bag always smells and looks fresh. It’s a bit pricey but compared to other grain-frees we have tried, it is not.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Beneful is OK but the ingredients are like the other brands like Rachel Ray. I get the one for older dogs. My dogs really like the dog food. But I think the dog food is overrated. It is nutritional but cost too much. I have 5 dogs and the price is not something I can afford for a 50lb bag so I have to get something cheaper. If they came down in price I would buy it ALL THE TIME.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beneful?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I purchased to bags of Purina Beneful Grain Free Dog food in September. I noticed Kimber eating less. Didn’t think anything because she her normal self. The night she passed away I took her out for a walk. She was walking funny, even fell over. She walked a little then vomited. I immediately knew something was wrong. I had to carry her back in the house. She was so weak. I sat down and was planning to bring her to the vet next morning. Within 15 minutes Kimber was gone! Cold as ice! Not thinking it was the food. I gave my sister the remainder of the dog food. On yesterday my sister's dog Chez fell over trying to pee. They didn’t think anything of it. He vomited and was dead within the hour. The only thing they had in common was the dog food.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I would not recommend this food. I have two small Yorkies and they both became very ill from eating this food. The minute I stopped the food they immediately got better. I have owned dogs my entire life and have never experienced anything like this.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

All three of our dogs are extremely sick after eating this dog food. I recommend that you NEVER buy their product again. This is a complete nightmare watching our fur babies go through hell because of something I gave them. Your food!???

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I have 4 mini schnauzers. 12 year old, 5 year old and two 10 month olds. I decided to try Beneful last Saturday. After just 2 feeding, my 12 year old started hemorrhaging horrible. Threw up straight blood everywhere and had bloody diarrhea. He passed away in such a horrific way. My house looked like a crime scene. My other 3 had the exact same reaction the following day. They are on antibiotics and looks like they will pull thru but the vet said had we got the 5 year old in any later she would have died. They were all perfectly healthy prior and none had ever had a single health problem, ever.???

Original review: June 25, 2019

My dog began having seizures late April. I’m not sure when I started giving them the little Incredibles canned wet food but one of my dog starting having seizures. I stooped the food for three weeks... Gave him a can and it wasn’t 4 hours later he had a massive seizure. I’m going to have his blood work done and talk to the vet tomorrow but I know it’s this food. Shame on Purina and shame on whoever is in charge of keeping stuff like this off the shelves. Enough complaints have been made yet they continue to murder and hurt our pets. It’s unbelievable.

Beneful Pet Foods Company Information