Beneful Pet Foods

Beneful Pet Foods

3.9/5 (225 ratings)
Find a Dog Food partner

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Beneful Pet Foods

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Beneful Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beneful Pet Foods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beneful?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

Beneful Pet food is a saving grace for my 10 year Rottweiler. He loves it dry and mixed with wet dog food. The Beneful Pet food is ALWAYS fresh and has a variety of foods. It looks so good and my dog loves it do much that it makes me want to try it! KUDOS to Benefit Pet foods!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Dog food always seem to be overpriced for my dachshund but it ended up being the only thing she would ever eat and she absolutely would devour it. It also had a smell that was so hearty it made my mouth of water and it was dog food! Actually feels so beneficial was beneficial for my dachshund Spine as well as she got all because when I started to feed her she became more and agile and it was easier to get her up and downstairs. I think it might give her a little extra life with me. <3

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

This is the only dog food I choose to feed my best friend. He loves all the flavors. Good wholesome ingredients. I like the ingredients in this food for him because it don't list a lot of byproducts. He chooses it also.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

The texture for my toy poodle is soft enough to enjoy but hard enough for a little crunch. She loves crunchy food and snacks but she is older so to keep her teeth from hurting we buy that brand of food for her, she loves it.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

My dogs love the Beneful prepared meals. I mix it with Kirkland small breed kibble. I thought they liked the kibble but now they can't wait for meal time and lick the bowls clean. They are both rescued poodle mixes. One looks like a cockapoo and the other is similar to a Bichon.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I started giving my dog this food a couple of months ago. I thought it was a healthy food for him. Unfortunately, I was too trusting. My dog died last week of liver and kidney failure. I had no idea why until I started researching more online. So many of the reviews here mirror my dog’s experience. I can’t believe this happened.

Original review: July 3, 2021

I am appalled and heartbroken!! I have a 15 yr old Bischon Frise and I have been feeding her soft food for the past year. She seemed to enjoy Beneful Medleys in the beginning, but now I just think it was just a habit of eating time. Lexi began having frequent accidents and we figured it was due to age. She also began vomiting and having diarrhea. This was concerning. I just bought two 30 count boxes at Kroger for $18.99 and fed her Thursday. She began having an uncontrollable seizure and is still shaking. She is unable to stand. She immediately turns her head at the sight of the food!! I am meticulously ensuring she gets her water. After reading all the reviews and realizing this has been an ongoing problem since “2012” and it persists in “2021”!! I am extremely upset!! I have had Lexi since she was 6 weeks old and she is now 15 years old. She should die of natural causes; not causes from Beneful Medleys!

Original review: March 27, 2021

Let’s start with a few disclaimers: 1) dogs, all dogs, are world class scavengers and will eat almost anything (my dog loves to eat cat, rabbit poop and other nasty things he randomly finds). If they have become picky, it’s by the environment they are provided 2) some people/families treat their animals as part of the family (I certainly do) and therefore want the best for them 3) arguably there is a sense of ownership/parental pride in providing the “best” food possible for your beloved pet 4) I’ve fed my dog blue Buffalo/blue wilderness for the last 5.5 years

I switched to Beneful 4-5 months ago and have seen zero issues my 6 year old rescue... No diarrhea, no lethargy, no vomiting as other owners have pointed out and he has also checked out healthy at his latest check up. He has gained a little weight but he is mid life, we all do! And to be fair, I give him an extra quarter cup because he can’t his head in the bowl fast enough as soon as it’s chow time. In my experience with Beneful, I won’t recommend it, you do what you want with your pet but will say my dog is happy with no apparent side effects. Bon appetite

Original review: March 5, 2021

I purchased Purina Beneful Prepared Meals Savory Rice & Lamb Stew with Peas & Carrots Wet Dog Food, 10-oz, case of 8 for my 2 yr old twin pups, Brody and Brandy. Within a week, my husband and I had to bring both of them to the ER. Brody had a seizure while he was eating the food on 2/25/21 and our Brandy was vomiting blood with diarrhea last night, 3/4/21, after eating the food, and we just got home at 5am this morning. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS with this food!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I bought a Shorkie for my daughter who graduated high school this year. I thought the wet foods would be more "beneficial" than dry so noticed Beneful on the shelf. Honestly, without researching its history, I purchased it because of the variety of foods included- lamb, chicken, carrots, rice... It sounded and actually looked appealing. Boy, do I regret it.

King, our Shorkie, seemed to really enjoy the meals. However, I noticed that he would often seem lethargic. He would also vomit on a regular basis and experience indigestion. There were also times blood was noticed in his stool. When he began to just lay around, I took him to vet for a visit because I wasn't sure what was wrong (i.e. clueless new dog owner). He was checked out and appeared to be fine. I was told we might have been feeding him too much.

A couple of months passed. The symptoms waxed and waned. Then, my son called one morning when I was at work and told me there was something wrong with King. He wasn't playful. He was whining a great deal, vomiting, and lethargic. This behavior occurred for the entire day. When I arrived home he was stretched out in his kennel, almost lifeless. I took him in for an emergency visit with the vet. We discussed the food King was being fed and it was recommended to steer clear of wet dog foods. "Granny's Pooh" as I refer to him was given two shots, a prescription, and some food to help settle his little tummy.

Therefore, I have not fed him Beneful anymore. Since I stopped feeding him the product two weeks ago he has not experienced any of the symptoms mentioned. I'm thankful to my vet because I believe his recommendation saved King's life. Although it might not be something I can prove I'm convinced Beneful was the culprit for King's illness. I don't know the long-term effects this might have on him but am prayerful there won't be any harmful, lingering side effects. Just as we should be mindful of what we put into our bodies, I am now more cognizant of what King consumes. I hope this review helps someone else make a decision to "steer clear".

Beneful Pet Foods Company Information