2. Pets

Beneful Pet Foods

3.9/5 (794 ratings)
Shop Now on Chewy

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Beneful Pet Foods

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Beneful Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beneful Pet Foods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beneful?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I fed this to my silky terrier, Louis, for 2 years. He always threw up and had bad diarrhea, but we assumed that since terriers have sensitive stomachs, that it was like that for all his foods. In November of 2019 his stomach filled up with fluid and we had to go to the emergency and have it tapped. The vets said it could have killed him. He's now on Dr. Hill's low-fat i/d canned food, which is AMAZING, and on medication for the rest of his life. The vets told me that most dog foods sold in places like Walmart or co-op are like poison. Once we stopped Louis from eating the Beneful IncrediBites he immediately stopped vomiting and having loose stool, but now he will likely be sick for the rest of his life. This food should be off the shelves and banned.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I always fed my dogs expensive organic dog food Performatrin. However I cheated out this time and gave them a bag of Beneful just only for this month as I had so many bills to pay for the month and couldn’t get the expensive stuff. Wow, within two weeks my one dog I notice had an increase in urination. Always peeing long and frequent on walks. This never happened on last food “performatrin”. I threw away the bag of Beneful. It’s been two weeks of them eating it.

I watched reviews of Blue Buffalo, Ol' Roy and Beneful (anything from Purina) being bad for animals. I went out and bought the expensive bag of usual dog food Performatrin. Let’s just say if you care about your dogs don’t feed them trash and do your in-depth research. By feeding your dogs crap you are slowly killing them. I’m lucky to have researched Purina brands before I had done further damages to my dogs. I’m lucky my dogs are okay now. No more cheap grocery store/Walmart crap brands of dog foods. Even I will feed my cat better quality. Also on Beneful my dogs became really lazy and depressed like lacking energy. These dog foods should be ban. No animal should go through this crap. NONE!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I purchased to bags of Purina Beneful Grain Free Dog food in September. I noticed Kimber eating less. Didn’t think anything because she her normal self. The night she passed away I took her out for a walk. She was walking funny, even fell over. She walked a little then vomited. I immediately knew something was wrong. I had to carry her back in the house. She was so weak. I sat down and was planning to bring her to the vet next morning. Within 15 minutes Kimber was gone! Cold as ice! Not thinking it was the food. I gave my sister the remainder of the dog food. On yesterday my sister's dog Chez fell over trying to pee. They didn’t think anything of it. He vomited and was dead within the hour. The only thing they had in common was the dog food.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I would not recommend this food. I have two small Yorkies and they both became very ill from eating this food. The minute I stopped the food they immediately got better. I have owned dogs my entire life and have never experienced anything like this.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

All three of our dogs are extremely sick after eating this dog food. I recommend that you NEVER buy their product again. This is a complete nightmare watching our fur babies go through hell because of something I gave them. Your food!???

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I have 4 mini schnauzers. 12 year old, 5 year old and two 10 month olds. I decided to try Beneful last Saturday. After just 2 feeding, my 12 year old started hemorrhaging horrible. Threw up straight blood everywhere and had bloody diarrhea. He passed away in such a horrific way. My house looked like a crime scene. My other 3 had the exact same reaction the following day. They are on antibiotics and looks like they will pull thru but the vet said had we got the 5 year old in any later she would have died. They were all perfectly healthy prior and none had ever had a single health problem, ever.???

Original review: June 25, 2019

My dog began having seizures late April. I’m not sure when I started giving them the little Incredibles canned wet food but one of my dog starting having seizures. I stooped the food for three weeks... Gave him a can and it wasn’t 4 hours later he had a massive seizure. I’m going to have his blood work done and talk to the vet tomorrow but I know it’s this food. Shame on Purina and shame on whoever is in charge of keeping stuff like this off the shelves. Enough complaints have been made yet they continue to murder and hurt our pets. It’s unbelievable.

Original review: June 11, 2019

We fed our beautiful Goldendoodle Beneful. We came home one evening and she was seizing on our kitchen floor. We took her immediately to the emergency vet. Over the next 36 hours, every major system in her body failed. She died about 40 hours after her first seizure. We had an autopsy performed. The only thing they found, after her vomiting consistently, was her food: Beneful. She was just five.

Original review: June 7, 2019

My dog is a picky eater. He seems to like Beneful. I’ve tried numerous brands and this seems to be the brand to others I’ve tried. I wish I could find a brand that he really enjoys. I’ve tried Purina, Royal Canin.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I bought a very tiny Chihuahua puppy a few days ago, I started feeding her and my other 2 young Pugs the Beneful Brand of Puppy Kibble. Now all of them are throwing up, and when not vomiting have dry heaves.. Their breath smells like vinegar when no vinegar has been consumed and now they are developing diarrhea with an excess amount of mucus. If my fur kids pass away or get any sicker I am going to sue the company.. I threw the rest of the bag of food in the trash and started them on another brand of puppy food. Please don't feed Beneful to any of your fur kids if you want to enjoy their company for the years to come.

Beneful Pet Foods Company Information