Beneful Pet Foods
1.35/5
Based on 1,827 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Beneful Pet Foods

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1854 Beneful Pet Foods Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

My dog just loves the dry and moist bits. When I feed my dog Arctic he gets so happy and dances around playfully. He sometimes hide the food for a snack later on. I love the price as a consumer.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Lady eats the chopped varieties mostly, others not so much. Likes veggies and pasta in the prepared kinds and will eat those, leaving meat behind sometimes.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Good food, my dogs love it. Beneful isn't the cheapest dog food, but not the most expensive either. I also buy their treats, and my dogs love them! Thank You!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

My dogs enjoy eating the Beneful wet food mixed with IAMS dry food. I think the price is high and keeps going higher. Soon I will have to stop buying it.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

The Beneful pet food works for my dog. But it has too much filler and could be higher in protein content. Your dog will never get fat eating this food though. You get what you pay for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beneful?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

The can food look like something I would eat for dinner myself and my dog loves Beneful. I have tried other brands but my dog would not eat them and the look and smile he can tell the difference. Just like people he knows what he loves.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My son has the family dog but I am the one that loves him the most. My son buys Purina Beneful and I buy him treats because he is old and when he sees me he gets happy. I also am buying him Purina small package meals because are softer than the nuggets my son buys him and he enjoys them much more.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I found my dog likes this food... It has a better nutritional balance than others commonly found in my budget range and the taste and smell is appealing to my dog as well.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My dog loves it. It's colorful and there are different shapes. Can be purchased everywhere and the price is right. Bags come small, medium, large and extra large. Daisy Mae is a 130 pound German Shepherd and is a chicken girl. She's not too crazy about beef or salmon.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I believe it not that healthy but I buy the food that is soft morsels so easier for her to chew because she is old, hardly any teeth left.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Beneful is very expensive and it could be a little cheaper. We have 3 dogs, two small ones and one very large one, and it's expensive to feed three dogs a very good brand. I'm a single parent and I try to do it all, but sometimes I can't.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Of all the brands of food I feed my dog Beneful seems to be the one that excites her the most. She will eat every bit of it in one sitting, I like that it has different colors of pieces that you can tell which is vegetables and which is meat.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I fed my dog Beneful and when she started getting sick I changed her to another brand. She died today from kidney failure and I truly believe it was related to Beneful dog food. Why, after so many unnecessary dog deaths, is this food still on the market? We are heartbroken and they are heartless.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

My dog loves Beneful and therefore so do I. Ingredients are tasty & healthy. Price is very good too. Often I find coupons that help me save too. That's always a plus.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

My dogs seem to like it very much! My little dog has a tough time chewing it, but my big girl loves it. They loved the soft food too, but they both developed diarrhea. Even mixing it with what they used to. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

My Border Collie mix did well on this food for several years. I used both dry and sometimes wet food ('dinners') for her. Especially as she got older, the wet was well received.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I love this brand. My little dog looks very healthy and veterans said he is very healthy and I've tried other brands and he will not eat it so I rather keep him on the brand that is good for him and that he likes and keeps him healthy.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I switched my dog from an expensive brand to Beneful. It ended up costing more and my dog almost died. She had seizures and I had to find a vet that would take her on a Sunday night. I wouldn't recommend Beneful to anyone who cares about their pet.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

This is pretty good dog food but I could get a better food for my babies for the price I pay for this... I would really love to try the best, but I'm not sure if they will like it before I buy it. I like to try them on all food so I can see which one they like best... I have 3 Dachshunds and they are my babies and I want them to have the best.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

My 5 dogs didn't really like Beneful at all. Two of them would vomiting up every time I tried feeding it to them. I don't recommend this food at all. I bought several bags with coupons for what I thought was a great deal but now I would not feed it to my dogs even if it were free.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Beneful is one of several similar brands that are heavy on filler ingredients. May not be best suited for dogs with grain allergies. Our dog seems to like the taste.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

The dogs like the Beneful dog food, that is what works for us. Compared to other foods the price is more on my budget. I really should check the ingredients and will very soon.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I am using Beneful because my dog is very old. I can what he need without the fat. He seem to digest this brand very well. I can find this in most the stores in this small town.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

We use different brands, and Beneful seems to be the one they like the best. It seems to be a better price and always in stock. I have always used Purina products.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Our DOG GOT TIRED OF OTHER BRANDS OF DRY DOG FOOD. A friend suggested Beneful. She loves it and eats it all at once. I read the ingredients and they are all good for her, no fillers.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

We have always been pleased with Beneful dog food. Our pup has switched to the Salmon as he approaches a year old. The food is easy to find and has good ingredients.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

My two poodles eat the Salmon with sweet potatoes and green beans and are in great health and enjoy their dinner. They also eat Pro Salmon when it is on sale. I read ingredients and nutrients on the label and am satisfied they are eating well.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

My dog MacGregor, a West Hyland White male, 2 years old, has a big appetite for such a small dog. I know he must love this brand because he leaves nothing in his bowl and when that is finished, he looks for seconds. I can't say anymore but I will keep buying Beneful!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

My dogs don't waste their food. I've had other brands and they push it out the bowl or just sits there forever. Now that I use Beneful I don't have any problems with it. It's a small bites.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I was taken in by the commercials but I think This food killed my dog. This food has poor quality ingredients. He died of bloat with twisted intestines and he was only 9 years old. I will never use that food again.

Beneful Pet Foods Company Information