Beneful Pet Foods
3.25/5
Based on 82 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good dog food brand?

Beneful Pet Foods

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Feb. 11, 2018

1831 Beneful Pet Foods Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I am using Beneful because my dog is very old. I can what he need without the fat. He seem to digest this brand very well. I can find this in most the stores in this small town.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

We use different brands, and Beneful seems to be the one they like the best. It seems to be a better price and always in stock. I have always used Purina products.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Our DOG GOT TIRED OF OTHER BRANDS OF DRY DOG FOOD. A friend suggested Beneful. She loves it and eats it all at once. I read the ingredients and they are all good for her, no fillers.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

We have always been pleased with Beneful dog food. Our pup has switched to the Salmon as he approaches a year old. The food is easy to find and has good ingredients.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

My two poodles eat the Salmon with sweet potatoes and green beans and are in great health and enjoy their dinner. They also eat Pro Salmon when it is on sale. I read ingredients and nutrients on the label and am satisfied they are eating well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beneful?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

My dog MacGregor, a West Hyland White male, 2 years old, has a big appetite for such a small dog. I know he must love this brand because he leaves nothing in his bowl and when that is finished, he looks for seconds. I can't say anymore but I will keep buying Beneful!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

My dogs don't waste their food. I've had other brands and they push it out the bowl or just sits there forever. Now that I use Beneful I don't have any problems with it. It's a small bites.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I was taken in by the commercials but I think This food killed my dog. This food has poor quality ingredients. He died of bloat with twisted intestines and he was only 9 years old. I will never use that food again.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

We have two 3 month old puppies that would not eat until we decided to try Purina Beneful. The first ingredient is meat and it also has other nutritional ingredients. Our puppies are full of energy and their coat is beautiful.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

We have tried many different dog food brands through the last 10 years with our dog and Beneful was the one that she seems to like far better than any of the other choices!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Unfortunately, it is not the best. I usually supplement it with chicken breast and vegetables with rice. I've tried other brands but they either get recalled or are not truly organic as advertised.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

When feeding my animals an off brand of dog food they seem very sluggish and would prefer to have their regular for food. Because of the taste of the flavor that is provided in Beneful they enjoy it. I noticed is that dogs seem more playful and their interactions are actively with the family when they are on the dog food that they prefer. With four wonderful extensions to our family now it is very important that they are as happy and active as my children.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

My Pups love Beneful. It's easy to find & seems to give my babies the nutrients they need. It is reasonably priced and available at most grocery stores.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Our dogs love it. They are healthy with a beautiful shiny coat, have lots of energy and our vet is happy with what we are feeding also. We have a mini Schnauzer, a Beagle and a Border Collie.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Beneful was what was given to me when I purchased the dogs and they liked it so I do not think I will change it in the future as one of the dogs has a very iffy stomach.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Beneful is a better brand and my dog enjoys the taste and the smaller bits for his small teeth. The wet food has real vegetables and meat that my dog loves.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I have used Beneful Healthy Weight for my dogs for years, they love it. It really helps in controlling their weight. Their energy is through the roof and their coats look great.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

The dog seems to like Beneful. She wasn't gaining any weight this summer so I changed the brand dog food and now she's where she should be and it seems to agree with her stomach.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Fresh and quality ingredients. Always available wherever I go to purchase, as well. Easy to open and close packaging as well too. My dog always seems to prefer this brand.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

My dog is a very picky eater! Some days he barely touched his food. Beneful Dry for small dogs, is the only dry he'll eat! I leave a good amount in his bowl and when he's hungry, he'll graze from it, alongside his other bowl with grilled chicken and shredded Monterey Jack cheese!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

My dog is a picky eater and I have trouble finding food he likes. I have tried many different kinds and Beneful is one that he does eat. There is one of the morsels that he won't eat though, a reddish color. He will eat one bag and I have to change to something else for the crazy dog. I keep it stocked up so he can have a different kind when he tires of the others.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

My cocker has a hard time eating the Beneful Pet Food, even though the niblets are small. He doesn't like the beef at all, he likes the original or chicken flavor. It is reasonably priced, even for the small bag.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have a 11 year old Dachshund named Stumpy. All his life he was fed Beneful. The original and healthy weight. About three years ago I noticed his behavior changing rapidly. He was consuming mass amounts of water and food at one time. We took him to the vet to get him checked out. They ran a bunch of tests and found out that he has a rare disease called Cushing's disease. It's an abnormality that developed in his liver. I absolutely believe his disease was caused by the Beneful. I joined the class action lawsuit only to find out that Purina had won the case.

Very sad. Stumpy has to have testing done twice a year and his test ranges from $300-$500, on top of that he has to take medication everyday that cost $100 a month. We were informed that this disease will cut his life short. I take part of the blame for my dog's illness, I shouldn't have trusted any dog food brand and I should've made my own. But Purina should be ashamed of themselves and the judge who ordered in favor of Purina. My heart goes out to all other pet owners who have suffered the effects of this terrible company.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Purina Beneful contains vegetables which are helpful and my dog really enjoys the taste. It also has several flavors to choose from so he doesn't get bored. Purina Beneful is also sold in several stores in my area so the convenience of that helps with our busy lifestyle.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have had a great experience with Beneful. My dog loves it. One of a few brands I choose for him to eat. We have no problems with this brand or anything in the brand. He is a small adult dog and the size of the food is just right for him.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Tash was on Rachael Ray and started turning her nose up at it, pushing it out of her bowl. My daughter fed her dogs Beneful and I tried it even though it was cheaper. Tash loved it and her coat is fine. Just as active and happy as ever. No ILL effects. Just a dog who eats her food without throwing it out of the bowl.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

With my dog's old food she appeared to act like a dog much much older than her 5 years on earth. I worried about her energy level because she had no desire to do anything but lay in her cage and sleep. After only a few weeks of changing her food to Purina Beneful the change in her demeanor was incredible. She was acting her vibrant age!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I buy Purina Beneful Healthy Weight because my dog came from a family of diabetics. She loves it. It's price worthy and I can keep her weight down. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

My dog seems to like the flavors. I trying to buy different flavors each time. She appears to be healthy. I have not had to schedule an appointment with her vet for about a year.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

We were informed - after feeding our dog Beneful for over 5 years - that we were actually destroying his liver. He became lethargic and several instances of spitting up his saliva and choking, we switched him off it. As he got older, he could no longer eat kibbles so he spent his final years eating canned food.

Beneful Pet Foods Company Information

Beneful
    www.beneful.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use