1.26/5
Based on 124 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1743 Banfield Pet Hospital Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

We have a sheltie and took him to Banfield for a checkup and have been using them ever since. Our groomer noticed a rash on his belly so we took him to Banfield and they said it was nothing. Lo and behold it got worst and we cut most of his hair off. His problems were constant hunger, a lot of water, fatty tumors and weak hind legs. Banfield then sent us to a skin doctor. Make a long story short, our grand-daughter suggested her vet in Rosarito, Mex. Took her only 2 HOURS to tell us our dog has Cushing's disease, gave him a tablet and he was walking okay, but could only give him limited pills as it would affect his liver. Had it been detected earlier he would have been alright by now, we have spent over $3000 at Banfield's. WHAT DO I DO???

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I joined this program on the recommendation of a relative. I thought it sounded great to give my two-year-old miniature schnauzer a program that would ensure his well-being as I was concerned with giving him the best care available. On the first visit which was required for a physical, I ended up putting out additional money for exams on top of the monthly payment. When I inquired about flea medication they ended up giving me something besides what I had been giving my dog stating they didn't have it available. This particular internal flea med made horrible blisters on my dogs nose and ears. They recommended a biopsy. I asked if it could be due to the flea meds and they said absolutely not.

Upon doing research I realize this could be a side effect of this internal flea medication. I decided not to go with the biopsy but instead to take him back to my regular vet who confirmed that this was not a serious issue and should resolve itself in a few days. I feel that if I had continued with Banfield they would have ended up killing my dog. I would never recommend them to anybody. On top of everything I ended up with about a $550 bill because of supposedly breaking the contract. I got fleeced.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Without a single doubt, this company is nothing but a con job all around. Their services suck, they bamboozle you with false, unethical claims. They make "wellness plans" sound like pet insurance and once they've "gotten you" then they proceed to load the bills like crazy. Never trust them, never do business with them... I gladly paid more than 1/2 of my "contract" just that I could be done with these scoundrels! It was worth it so that I NEVER EVER had to deal with them.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Having my dog euthanized on Aug 1, 2018, 17 half yrs old in Marlton NJ, they took him while I paid the bill and my Husband waiting in the room while he was SCREAMING, weighed 17 half pound Cockapoo, she put catheter in his little feets. DID NOT TELL US WHAT SHE WAS GOING TO, she said he had small veins, she should have told us first, I would have got him out of there, she put the Meds in his feet where the catheter where didn't work. She was blowing up his veins up in his feet. Didn't work. Then his stomach, didn't work. Picked him up and then took him from me and my husband and said he pass not with me with them not us. THIS WAS CRUEL PUNISHMENT to ANY Animal, and to US. Need to get Chanel 10 -- news Marlton. This has to stop, I Have had a dog put down before not like this, they put him slow into a sleep and then gave him the shot???

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

We took our French bulldog to the Hyde Park location. They did a quick exam then the Dr. was gone. The tech came back and told us a variety of things was wrong with our dog. So we decided to go get a second opinion. Come to find out our dog only had seasonal allergies. 157.00 and done not 434.00 from Banfield. They are crooks and do not take any care for your pet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banfield Pet Hospital?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I have had a lot of pets and moving a lot used a lot of vets. The Queen Creek Az one is terrible. Have never seen a vet practice that was so uncaring about my pet. They are uncaring and unprofessional. Prepaid $500 for their maintenance program and wanted out 2 weeks later due to their lack of interest and poor service and they only refunded $300. It's only about the money here.

Original review: July 23, 2018

When my dog died after I took her in and she had a stroke and came out from their office limping, it was downhill and she died a few weeks later. I called and canceled my account and even paid two monthly payments after to clear the account. Now they billed me for $155 and I sent them a letter but they refused to acknowledge that I canceled the account and still sent the bill to the collection agency. PLEASE DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE FOR YOUR BELOVED PET... THEY ARE TERRIBLE...

Original review: July 19, 2018

I have had Banfield for a few years now. This seem to be great in the beginning. Walk-ins were welcomed and I wasn't paying an arm and a leg for service. I find that they have switched tactics. I can't remember the last time I went in there for a routine checkup where they were not trying to charge me for something. Almost as if they force the purchase by "highly suggesting" that you have this item for your pet. Lots of unnecessary pressure to make more purchases. I pay the highest premiums and yet I have to wait a month to be seen only to pay more after the visit for somethings I don't need.

Example: A cone for my dog that comes off that was $20. I have been back and forth with changing premiums because they keep telling me I need the highest one for my dog's medical needs such as to cover the cost of dental cleanings. But after I enroll they tell me they can't do it because her blood levels show it would be unsafe to do it. Now I am stuck with a 1 year contract paying the highest premiums for services I can't get. Well I have cancelled my dog's plan here and will be using local vets that actually care about the well-being of my dog and not just the money for shady service.

Original review: July 19, 2018

When I first purchased this plan for my 8 week old puppy it seemed worth it due to the vet visits having to be every 3 weeks for vaccinations. Now that she's almost 2, I've come to the hard realization that it's a TOTAL SCAM. I tried to cancel my plan last November because I knew the 1 year mark of me signing up for the plan had passed but when I tried to call, they told me it was 3 days past the expiration date and they automatically renew the plan without notifying you! They said I could wait another year, and pay $25 a mo., or I could cancel and pay the fee of what the plan is actually worth aka around $500. Please do not get sucked into this, it's 100% a scam and their vets will do anything to get money from you without actually giving accurate care to your pet.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Where do I begin. I visited Banfield Pulaski Highway, my chihuahua was seen there for a skin infection and the service was Extraordinary. Dr. ** is the best. She’s very calm, knowledgeable and genuine. She took the time out to first assess my chihuahua thoroughly from head to toe, then educate me on her findings. After prescribing her a treatment plan, my chihuahua was much better within two days. The worlds need more veterinarians like Dr. **. I would highly recommend friends and family to Banfield to see Doctor ** and staff. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Original review: July 13, 2018

My pet recently cut herself on her side while playing with her brother. It was about a 4 inch cut so I immediately called Banfield at 5:40 pm to let them know I was coming. The lady on the phone said not to bring her to Altamonte location because the doctor was leaving in 20 minutes. I told the lady that it was 5:40 and you are open till 7 pm and you still can't see us. The lady said that I needed to go to the emergency Vet. I then called the Banfield in Orlando and she said they couldn't take her either because they only had one doctor. They also said to take her to the emergency Vet.

At this point I'm trying to figure why am I paying Banfield 144.00 dollars a month to tell me to go to the emergency vet. This is not the first time that I have run into this type of problem with Banfield. I already set all my Banfield plans to not renew at the end of each of the contracts. Thank God my pet wasn't dying because Banfield sure wouldn't have helped. You take $1728.00 a year just for shots and I had to spend another $660.00 on emergency vet bills. Thanks for nothing Banfield.

Original review: July 10, 2018

This is a total rip off, starts seemingly as a good plan, they make it look as if your pet is fully covered until you try to use it. The only time I took my dog for checkup I still had to pay about $60.00, when she got “fix”, that was the only reason I got the coverage, I still had to pay a $160.00 extra. Do the math $41.95 monthly =$503.40 plus 49.95 membership =553.35. If that was all, it is reasonable. Is a little more than what I have paid at other places to get female dogs spayed but then they hit you with additional $220.00 in my case, so the total is $773.35 to get a dog spayed and to make it worse if you don’t cancel 30 days before the contract expires they get you with another year contract @33.95 for 12 months. The total cost of plan $960.75.

Original review: July 8, 2018

We took our 10 week old puppy to this clinic on 06/30/18 because of him having difficulty breathing and seemed like a cough. The vet stated that she did not see anything of what we were saying as the puppy was excited. She stated that his lungs and breathing sounded fine. He was given his second set of puppy injections and we went home. We returned again on 07/06/18 for the exact same issues but it had progressed. Our puppy was not breathing right, a lot like "gasping" for air. We dropped our puppy off for them to observe him for a bit. They performed some xrays and had state they had to place him on oxygen because he was not breathing well.

About 40/45 minutes after we dropped him off the vet called me and stated that she was concerned about the amount of gas that was in our puppy's stomach and was afraid that it might turn so that she recommended for us to take him to Mission Vet Specialty for it. With no explanation on this so called issue we decided to take him. Not only because we were worried about our puppy but for a second opinion on what was actually wrong. We did not believe this vet at Banfield was right from the beginning. When we arrived at Mission Vet Specialty I gave them the xrays that Banfield took of our puppy and the vet looked at them. Yes our puppy had a gassy stomach but that was far from what was wrong.

Our puppy was suffering from pneumonia and a collapsed lung. These are secondary issues of pneumonia and collapsed lung because of issues with his trachea. The vet and radiologist at Mission Vets Specialty advised us there was nothing that can be done for our puppy. Our puppy passed away that night at Mission Vet Specialty. The vet at Banfield failed to diagnose our puppy's breathing issues, failed to hear his lungs correctly and FAILED to see the pneumonia on the xray that they took. She was just concerned over the gassy stomach than his lungs. Our puppy lost his life because of human error at the hands of the vet at Banfield at 1604/Bandera in San Antonio Texas.

Original review: July 6, 2018

A simple annual checkup for my dog ended up costing me almost $500. Very hard sell on their "health insurance." Ended up getting many things I didn't want and wasn't told about (ie.bloodwork). So for a heartworm test and 6 months of heartworm medication I paid $500 and saw a vet for 60 seconds. The tech. did everything. Don't be the dope I was!

Original review: June 28, 2018

I went to the Banfield in Lady Lake Florida with my 5 month old puppy I had adopted one week prior from a shelter. The shelter required that I go to a veterinary office with in 10 days so PetSmart gave out a coupon book for adopting a shelter dog which has a free Office visit coupon in the booklet. I made an appointment for 5:30 this evening. A girl came in and said she was going to check all the records to make sure that the puppy had everything. I said the dog was just adopted and the shelter did all the vaccinations. They would not release the dog without everything. She said, "We would like you to purchase a wellness plan." I said that I was not interested. She left the room, came back in and said that I should probably get a Lyme disease shot and some other shot I never heard of. Neither of which was applicable toward my dog and his lifestyle. I said I don't feel those shots are needed so she disappeared again for 25 minutes.

I watched her and the veterinary staff including the vet talking through the window of the door from which she exited. There was no crisis that some other dog was badly injured or coming in and a stretcher. For that I would understand the delay but waiting all that time because I didn't jump at buying this scam plan which covers nothing unless you pay through the nose for the expensive plan was not something I was going to do. The basic plan virtually covers nothing. You're throwing your money away purchasing it.

I've been down this road before and never used anything I was paying for monthly. You're better off just to go to the vet and paid the bill if and when your dog ever get sick. I was so furious I got up after waiting 30 minutes and left. They never even called me to apologize or to see why I left which I'm sure was blatantly obvious to them. I highly do not recommend Banfield and from the reviews I am seeing throughout the country and all over the Internet my opinion seems to be the predominant 1. A total scam with rude doctors who if they're not making their quota deliberately leave you sitting in a room. All I wanted was for the dog to be checked but he was in perfect health and only a 5 month old puppy so they knew that this was going to be a non money maker for them.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I was sold on the Banfield Optimum Wellness Plan 11 years ago for my sick puppy and have been a member since then. They said I had unlimited office visits and would accommodate me as my dog has medical complications. The past 2-3 years they will NOT accommodate me! WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS MEMBERSHIP IF I CAN'T EVER GET AN APPOINTMENT WHEN MY DOG NEEDS IT? I sometimes live in rural areas far from a Banfield and need to order my dog’s prescription food, flea prevention, etc. All the vet has to do is sign the prescription.

I had to call myself 3 times and explain the situation just to get the food that was prescribed by a Banfield vet and that was clearly in my dog’s record. They wouldn't even allow me to order the flea meds online because they would only give 1 month’s worth and you can't order only 1 month's worth online. I cannot recall the actual locations as it was some time ago, but the vet office has recommended inappropriate items that I later found out were inappropriate. Exhibit A: Selling pills for arthritis and when I returned home reading contraindications, which included urinary problems which my dog is prone to forming crystals and is on special food for this purpose.

Exhibit B: recommending Seresto collar and when reading side effects there is a risk of skin irritation which my dog already has to everything. Her first initial vet visits made us feel like family, but now they treat us terribly! I am deeply disappointed in the service I was sold on and the type of service I have now. Your company has turned into a corporate giant with poorly trained vets, stressed techs, understaffed clinics and poor overall care. I wish I could get out of my membership, but at my dog's age, no one will take her. I will not make the same mistake with my next pet and be sure to warn everyone AGAINST the Banfield wellness plan.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Banfield Wellness Plans are a big push with Banfield. I like others I'm sure got suckered into signing up back in 2008. The first time I had the plan was back in 2008-2013. My dog died of cancer in 2013. I canceled and they obliged the cancellation in writing due to dog's death. Rescued another pet 2 years ago in 2016 and opted into another plan based upon that experience. My experience has been awful this time around. They are understaffed with doctors at all of their clinics (the regular theme weekly) so you can't get your pet in for weeks at a time should you require care outside of regular shots.

I canceled with them back in Feb of 2018 and they automatically renewed me in March without my permission which I saw in my online checking account and have continued to bill me monthly since. I kept calling them to stop and they said I had to buy out the contract because someone did not notate I canceled in Feb. So I took my dog back in April 2018 for some shots to try to recoup some of those unauthorized funds they took from my account. Have not been back since. I told them I have documented proof of their lack of willingness to care for my dog due to lack of doctor headcount and that I had to take my dog to 1st Pet Emergency 4x for care through their recommendation due to their inability to schedule my dog on multiple occasions.

The cost was exorbitant at the vet they recommended. I finally had enough and called my bank today to request they please stop the ACH monthly withdrawals from my account with a stop payment fee absorbed despite their threats they will pursue funds on the remainder of the contract through March of 2019. They won't stop billing me or cancel my contract per my request. So I am putting all of this evidence in writing and sending to their Client Advocate Dept. in Vancouver WA today 6/19/18. I don't have confidence I will get results, but hoping it will at least stop the ACH's coming out of my bank account.

I'm a senior citizen and I'm very disappointed to report the business practices at Banfield are highly unethical with no one will take accountability for their actions and poor customer service. The knife cuts both ways in a contract. If you do not deliver the services promised, we should not have to pay for services not received. They want me to buy out the remainder of my contract when I didn't approve renewal? I think not. If I have to, I will seek legal help. Based upon the 1725 consumer complaints about this company to date, I'm not surprised they are fighting so hard to continue to charge us and threaten us to pay out our contracts based on contract language. This is highly unethical and I do hope they take responsibility for their errors and do the right thing. Shame on you Banfield Pet Hospitals!

Original review: June 18, 2018

The staff at front desk at Jackson, MS location is very rude and unprofessional. Got a call for appointment scheduled and the person mentioned that the appointment was scheduled for today instead of tomorrow. I was surprised but quickly changed my plans and took the pet there. They refused to accept the pet and did not accept the mistake they made in scheduling. I was delayed by more than hour at work and had to drive extra 45 miles just because of this miscommunication. The least they could do is keep the pet (who is on their Early Care Plus plan) for few hours so that I could report for work and pick during lunch. Very unsatisfied.

When I tried to cancel the plan, after half an hour wait on phone, they told me I owe them more than I would have paid in installments anyway (what a scam). They tell you that there are no commitments and you can cancel any time. Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy. Preferred solution: Full refund. I didn't like: Wellness plans, Staff, Customer service.

Original review: June 17, 2018

The Banfield location at 305 N. Marketplace Blvd., Lansing, MI, had us give 2 tranquilizer pills (one on Friday evening and one that following Saturday morning), to my mother's 18 month old Puggle, prior to us being able to bring him in to have his nails groomed. Something I felt reluctant about from the start and now I definitely regret that we did. Once checked in, Mickey was taken into the back for what seemed like 10-15 minutes, then returned to us in a most disturbing and highly unprofessional manner. As we greeted the Banfield Rep that brought him out to us, I was taken aback by the way she greeted us by asking if we had checked out yet, almost sounding as if we would be expected to walk out without paying.

But the insult was even worse than expected. It turns out that Mickey had given the folks in the backroom a struggle, or so they said and supposedly it took 3 people to hold him down while weighing just under 30 pounds and drugged. Therefore, they proceeded to charge us $30+ for the service, which was almost double the cost of what we have usually been charged. When my Mother mentioned to me in front of the receptionist that she was going to change service providers for Mickey, the receptionist seemed to take pleasure in chiming in that if my Mother decided to do so, just let her know and she would be happy to forward his records.

The main thing that I find unconscionable about all of this is; 1) They charged my mother $11 for supposedly tranquilizers and if they weren't working well enough when we arrived, why didn't they say so upfront? 2) If they were struggling with him, why didn't they tell us before proceeding that he was too much for them to handle and that it would cost nearly double for them to groom him, particularly when my mother was sitting not more than a few feet from the doors they took him through?

To add the icing on the cake, they were still chatting about my mother's reaction when I went back to ask for information on the management of the place. I'm sure there was a sense of pride in treating us the way they had. We may even be one less customer that they don't mind not having to deal with anymore. Rest assured, I won't mind sharing this incident with as many people as I can as well. Lastly, in addition to recommending that the entire Banfield staff at that location go back to school for some common sense, they might try putting down the fork and doing more push-ups so they don't have to traumatize anyone else's pet the way they did ours. It's a good thing for them that they did it behind closed doors.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Just had an amazing experience on a heartbreaking day. We had to put our angel Lucky down and were fortunate to have the outstanding care of Dr. ** in Banfield’s Palm Beach Lakes location. Her compassion & skill for Lucky as well as those of us in despair, was truly amazing. Hope Banfield knows what an incredible gem they have in her!

Original review: June 13, 2018

We had a very disappointing and heartbreaking experience at this location. My mother took her sick dog to Banfield @ Fontainebleau in Miami. Our dog had a very acute medical record and slim chances of survival. Instead of support and consideration, the treatment we received from Dr. Enzo ** was quite cold and blunt when talking to us. My mom and I were involved in pickups and drop off with our dog while she was on liquids and when I picked up my mom's dog the first night the dr. was very short with me while explaining our dog's critical medical record.

He shrugged me off immediately when I made a question, without even listening to what I had to say and once he figured out what I was asking him he retracted himself. Our dog need IV liquids to get better and 2 days in a row the dog was not fed by their admission. When questioned, Dr. said "we didn't feed her because if she dies, I don't want it to be my responsibility" and later proceeded to give me discharge papers to get treated elsewhere as he didn't want to deal with. The dog was keep in a cold room despite her temperature being very low and the state she was in. No effort was made to keep her warm and at least give her quality of life during her last days.

It seems like he had no empathy of what we were going through and operated mechanically with no consideration of what the stress this could lead you to. When we took our dog home, a nurse walked over to us and in a low voice told told us "you are better off taking her elsewhere than keeping her here". Shameful that one of their own could feel this way about their own place of work. Being in a medical field, whether it is treating people or animals should require you to not forget the human factor. We took our baby to another hospital this morning and the empathy and consideration we received was night and day. Sadly, our dog will not survive but we assured that whoever is watching her is not a cold heart individual like Dr. **.

Original review: June 8, 2018

My fur-baby loves Dr. Sam ** & his team! My fur baby is Frutista Taco Bell-a who has been cared for by Dr. ** for the past 10 years. Based on the length of my relationship (and that of Frutista) with Dr. **, I am in a position to provide an accurate, uninflated review of Dr. ** and this Banfield location (#1954). Frutista is a rescue cat that I took to Banfield for an exam prior to finding her a permanent home. As it turned out, my fur-baby and I are inseparable. My experience with Dr. ** & team was excellent so I elected to stick with Dr. ** ever since.

Frutista experienced a bout with cancer early on and Dr. ** performed surgery. Today, Frutista shows no sign of a recurrence and remains exceptionally healthy. She receives excellent care from Dr. ** and the team. I have never had a bad experience at this location; the staff knows my cat, her story and her behavior. The staff and Dr. ** love my little fur-baby and treat her very well during her visits. Frutista is very well-behaved during the visits and this is directly attributable to the manner in which she is treated. The team always makes arrangements for Frutista to be seen even upon last minute requests. If a new staff member suggests an appointment on another day, I simply ask the member to speak with Dr. ** and without exception, Dr. ** accedes to my request.

Never once I have I sensed that this location/team has ordered or charged for unnecessary procedures/products. In fact, when my fur-baby required surgery for cancer, Dr. ** found a way to combine the surgery with her dental cleaning; the cost to me was $150.00! The care and value of the care received has been exceptional - always. Several Banfield facilities are much closer to my home but I am so confident in Dr. ** that I continue to visit this facility. I cannot speak to the experiences of others who have posted on this site and I do not question the accuracy of their statements, however, I can without reservation, recommend Dr. **, his team and this facility based on a long 10-year relationship with Dr. **.

If you are considering visiting Dr. ** but have doubts, Dr. ** has my permission to provide you with my contact info. This will give you the opportunity to speak with me and determine the level of my veracity. Dr. ** has been at this location for 12 years and has treated at least 10,000 precious pets during this time. In assessing the weight of the posted comments, consider the number of negative reviews against the number of patients served. Thanks for letting me share.

Original review: June 6, 2018

The company has the worst customer service organization I have ever dealt with. I attempted to modify my wellness plan. They have an hour plus wait time to discuss with a live person. They are rude and obnoxious and not helpful. I am contacting the Better Business Bureau and logging a complaint. Once you have signed up, they make impossible to modify or cancel.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Unable to cancel the plan after my dog died... I canceled my credit card it was under just to stop it. I'm probably going to have to hire an attorney, but it's worth it to not pay them. I would have no problem paying for the plan if I could cancel it... My dog is dead. These people are a bunch of losers.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I have faithfully paying Banfield since 2007 for services to my dog. On May 29, 2018, my dog died. I have been going back and forth to Banfield since January 2018, because my dog has peeing blood, hard to do a bowel movement without straining. They have run many test and could never tell me why. In the beginning of May 2018 I took my dog back to Banfield because he was not eating and straining to pee. They charge me $239.00 for a X-ray and said that it look like he had cancer and they needed another $150 to do a cancer test. No, I told them, "I have been bringing my dog to you with a problem since January 2018 and you still have not told me what is wrong". Then as I was getting ready to leave another doctor came out and said, “Please get the test done, because if you did not bring your dog today he would have died on you in 3 days, and we will only charge you $50 and will have the report in 3 days.”

Banfield called me the next day and said that he did not have cancer, but keep giving him the inflammation and infection medication and bring him back in 3 weeks. After giving my dog the meds I noticed he was always having an reaction, so I would give him ** later. Then my dog started licking himself like something was bothering him real bad below and he started dripping pee bad, still straining with a bowel movement with blood. I continue to give him the infection med and inflammation med and then he started drinking a lot of water, vomiting white foam, then he completely not eating, but he was still drinking. Then he started to vomit brown stuff, along with not wanting to walk. I continue to give him the infection med and then I stop drinking and laying around all the time but would bark and respond. I decided to call the vet and have them check him out. But before I could get him in, he died at home.

I called Banfield and told them if I could bring him in to have him cremated, they said yes for a fee. I took my dog body to them and I ask them, “Are you concern what went on with him before he died.” I was told, “No, but if you wanted to know why he died you would have to pay a fee and to call the company and have your wellness plan cancel.” On May 30, 2018, I called to cancel my plan and was told, “You owe us $500 for previous treatment.” I said, “What previous treatment, I thought that was completed on that day and you charges me almost $500 for X-ray, medicine and still could not tell me what was wrong with my dog. I was told to call you and cancel my plan, they did not say I had to continue paying for a dog that had died.”

What kind of business is the company running with doctors and employees that don't have a clue to what is wrong with our pets, but can constantly keep overcharging us. I thought a wellness plan keeps the pets from getting sick, not making them worse and cannot tell them what the problems are. I will never take another pet to this hospital again in my life. If I would have known the problem long time ago I could have planned.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I had a cat that was extremely malnourished show up in my garage and I did my best to feed her and make her as comfortable as I could but, after bloodwork found out that her kidneys were in such bad shape that there was no way that she would make it. My friend and I were very low on money and after the bloodwork and the cost to put her to sleep, it was way more than either one of us had. After seeing how this kitty hit us, they were able to waive the fee of putting her to sleep for the amount of money that my friend and I had left in our pockets. They are incredible people and deserve all the love in the world for what they do for our beloved pets. I was able to give her a beautiful final resting place in my backyard.

Original review: May 15, 2018

On 5/1/18 I took Moto to Banfield Pet Hospital, I have been using this vet since I got Moto in 2009/2010. Typically I never ever do drop offs because I do not trust anyone, however this time I did drop off at 720 am due to having to work. Moto went to the vet for a simple upper respiratory infection. I called the vet several times that day for updates and finally was told we can pick up at around 5. When we got Moto back home we realized that it seemed that she had some lameness in her backend, we thought it was her legs. I called the vet the next morning after getting the runaround the vet told me that it’s just probably stiffness from laying in her legs to call back in 24 hours if it continued and that they couldn’t have done anything to her. On 5/3 we took her back to Banfield and they didn’t even want to touch her.

They said we have two options take her to New Mexico or start a steroid trial. We let them know we could not afford option A so we would like to do option B. They would not allow us to do anything, they did not help her at all. They basically brushed us off. We spent 5/4 going to other vets and the vet Moto is seeing now informed us since she is healthy the only realistic answer is that Moto has trauma in her spine. Moto is healthy, her blood panel is great her urinalysis is great. My cat is healthy, well taken care of. I put trust into Banfield Pet Hospital and due to their negligence my cat is facing the end of her life. I reached out to corporate and they didn’t seem to care besides tell me someone will contact me in 5-7 business days.

Original review: May 8, 2018

The hospital visit was fine but they rip you off when it comes to cancelling and fees and saying you get a "free" exam. Do not go to Banfield and NEVER sign up for a wellness plan, I was ripped off and spent more money than I should have at a normal vet.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Don't bring your pets here! Beware! They only care about taking your money accruing BS CHARGES for things they didn't really do! My pup died last Tuesday! He was 8 months. I had to pay $125 to cremate my best friend. Now calling this company to cancel this program which I've been consistently paying $36.18 for 7 months. They said I accrued over $600 in charges past the plan. The only thing they ever did was his 4/5 shots which probably cost 10-20 a piece. Which THE WELLNESS PLAN is supposed to keep your puppy alive! They slacked on giving him a 6 month booster and doing any follow up. Yet I was told they did a fecal test and other tests within the first visit! Not true! They never disclosed any tests.

I was told with the wellness plan they do those test but nothing was ever performed. They micro chipped him (which I paid out of pocket) then sent us on the way! I paid a lot out of pocket. They are liars and thieves! Don't make my mistake! After he passed I was told they would call and follow up! Never heard a word from them. I had to call them! When I did talk to someone they said there was an invoice of all these tests which were never performed! Stay away! Share My Story So No One Else Can Be A Victim. Oh btw they act like it's pet insurance when you sign up but then switch it up and say, "Oh no. Wellness plan!" They are Cons, Liars, Thieves, Crooks!!!

Original review: April 29, 2018

I purchased the Wellness program 3months ago... and it covers absolutely months. Went on with my Siberian Husky puppy who has diarrhea plus got a hold of my nail glue. So of course I’m nervous and so is my puppy. Nurse was so rough with thermometer. My puppy cried then the vet came in put a muzzle on her and told me pretty much in order for them to check her it would be 698.00 or I can purchase meds which came out to 40$. And I pay 63$ a month for plan. I waited 3 1/2 hours so she can tell me to go get the glue removed by a groomer or I can TRY RUBBING ALCOHOL. Mind you my puppy has a open cut. They are only interested in money. Then the vet told me if my puppy bites her she had to call animal control. I’m not a vet and I explained that my puppy was very nervous and in pain. The “VET” said, "I barely touched her."

Banfield Pet Hospital Company Information

www.banfield.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business