Banfield Pet Hospital

6,628people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with Banfield Pet Hospital:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

We had a terrible experience back in July with an employee at Banfield, she was rude and beyond disrespectful to me regarding our bill when trying to make an appointment. Ms. Adrienne ** was contacted by the client advocate team in which I had called to put in a complaint about this mistreatment we received. She offered to make my dog's next appt. in August at a different location, free of charge, our office visit/wellness plan fee that day was waived and my dog's injection. The next month in September I went in for her monthly injection and the office tried to charge me for the "waived" office visit I had in August. They would not allow my dog to be seen without that payment. I tried immediately calling Ms. ** to clear up the confusion, I had to leave a voicemail. I had to pay that waived fee so my dog could get her injection. I continued to reach out to Ms. **.

The next day she called me and told me all has been done, she cannot help me. She would not even listen to me. She rudely dismissed me and my concerns. It baffled me as to her change of attitude and her reneged promise and agreement she made with me due to my unfortunate and upsetting July visit. My wellness plan also included drop off visits. On September 6th I went in to drop her off and they said the doctors were too busy, so I could stay and wait it out or leave and come back another day. I reported that as well as that was very unfair, and I pay for drop off visits, I went all the way there to be turned away? That complaint led Adrienne ** to remove me and my dog, and my family members as well, from the practice. She would not help me resolve the matter. I sent several emails and calls.

She went to a Mr. Ari **, DVM at the practice, and he signed papers as well in agreement to remove us, stating we weren't satisfied with Banfield and we complained more than once. I called him, and he as well stated he agreed with her, not even listening to me, the client. We had every right to put in a complaint to their client advocate team, that's why they're there. Again, he didn't care about me as a client, he immediately just agreed with the Ms. **, a field manager unwilling to help us at all, except to remove us. The new Banfield location we went to the staff were amazing to me, and she removed me and my family because we had concerns over our plan and mistreatment at our original location. She sent my dog's records and a letter certified mail. This makes no sense, where is the logic here, but it in my opinion, it strongly feels like discrimination, and I want to proceed with my rights to this situation with this company.

I'm asking for all of my wellness plan payments back as this has left me without a vet not to mention this mistreatment now of being kicked out of a vet's office because we had concerns/complaints about our plan and mistreatment there. This is an awful method of practice for a business, to say the least. There's a bit more detailed information that I will be putting on my complaint form, as well, as this is an overview of what has happened to me, I have her promise of waived fees on my voicemail, yet she still denies it.

I took my dog to Banfield Pet Hospital in Costa Mesa because she injured her foot. Unfortunately Dr. ** was the veterinarian working that day. According to Dr. **, if a pet doesn't have a blood test, she can't order an X-ray. Because my dog was under intense pain, she only gave her pain medication. Because my dog was taking ** for the inflammation, ** wanted to know if the ** was prescribed by them or somebody else. Because I asked for a written prescription for the pain medication, Dr. ** didn't like the idea and her assistant, John, was also giving me an attitude. My previous experience with Dr. ** was wonderful; he is very experienced and professional. Dr. ** orders a long list of tests, which will cost a fortune, just for a leg injury. According to **, a bunch of test for a leg injury will be justified just in case it is "cancer."

Banfield Pet Hospital is the worst!! I wish this had an option for negative 10 starts because that's what this place deserves. Please do not take your pets there. They almost killed my puppy by giving him double vaccines when I told them not to since he came to me up to date with all his shots. He just needed a puppy exam because I got him from the airport. I've told the lady "No vaccinations. Just need a puppy exam." She said "No problem. When do you want his vaccinations done." I said "When is the next available date." She said "Friday. Sept. 2nd." I said "Ok I'll take it since he would be 10 weeks at that time." Dr. Jamie ** DVM was his veterinarian. She signed & dated that she did not give any vaccinations to my puppy. She only gave him an exam like I asked. 5 days later he became very sick.

I called to have him go get checked & on 8/25 they told me he had pneumonia in both lungs & after paying $333.19. He had to be in the ICU for 2 days for double pneumonia in both lungs & also on medication for 2 weeks. Also the practice manager April ** did not want to talk to me about my puppy or what malpractice they did, only until I called the corporate office & talked to the people higher up. This place makes me sick! They wanted to blame the vaccination manufacturer & have them refund me my money I spent in 2 days while my puppy was in the ICU.

After canceling my wellness plan I got 8/12/16 I was told to pay $256.99. Now I've been told they don't have a cancellation fee & no one wants to give me my $256.99 back. I get the runaround over & over. Getting a call from April ** the practice manager with an attitude & telling me she will talk to whoever & see who told me I had to pay $256.99. I don't understand why she is a manager when she doesn't know anything what's going on. Nobody does that works there for that matter.

I also had to pick up a paper from the vaccination manufacturer. I told the guy that was answering the phones "I have an envelope to pick up for Duke (my puppy's name) or for Monica (my name) that Sheila left for me to pick up & I know she left for the day." He said "Hmmm... hmmm... who are you here to see?" I said "No one, again I'm here for an envelope to pick up for Duke (my puppy's) or Monica (my name). Sheila left it for me. She just called me an hour ago." He then said "Ok hmmm just a minute." Then he walks away, goes in the back for 5-10 mins. Comes back & says "Hmmm you can hmmm come back tomorrow. Sheila didn't leave anything for duck."

I said "What?" I said "Duke. D-U-K-E not duck or for Monica & I'm not leaving until I get that paper! So you need to figure it out & find it." He said "Ok. Ok. Sorry but there's nothing here. She didn't tell me anything or leave anything." I said "Well she told me it would be at the front desk with you so you need to find it because I didn't come over here just to stand here for 30 mins. for a paper." He said "Oh is it for Duke?" As he hands me an envelope with Duke on it. I said "You're kidding me right? Is that what I said 30 mins. ago?" He said "Sorry about that".

I honestly don't know how people can be that dumb working with important information. I know a few people I talked to after everything that has happened to my puppy. Told me things that happened to their dogs like having a call saying their dog "jumped" off the table & broke his hip or rib & Banfield didn't want to take responsibility for their wrongdoing, it's always the dog's fault or someone else was at fault. I will never & I hope others will read this & never trust your pets with these people.

I have been taking my cat to Banfield Pet Hospital for over a year now in Jacksonville, FL. To be exact, she has been seen at the location in Oakleaf Town center (9515 Crosshill Blvd #113, Jacksonville, FL 3222). I took my cat recently for her yearly appointment (yearly shots, teeth cleaning, etc.) During the visit I spoke with the people who took care of my cat that day BEFORE I dropped off my cat and AFTER I picked her up.

I stated to them that I had plans on traveling with my cat and asked for any suggestions on what I can and should do to make the travel (flight) easier and LESS STRESSFUL for her. The vet suggested that I give my cat children's ** for the flight. I also asked for a health certificate to be completed. The vet stated that the ONLY vet approved to write health certificates in that location will be in the following week. He suggested that I bring my cat in the next few days so that they could "monitor" her while she is under ** to see how it works for her. Great. Moving on to the next visit:

I called BEFORE I arrived to verify the amount of ** that I should give my cat. The nurse assistant stated that if I wanted to bring her in and they will give her the dosage there. I dropped off my cat at 9:30AM. The nurse assistant spoke with me and stated that they will attempt to give her the dosage and if she becomes too aggressive that they will just contact me and have me pick her up so that I can try myself.

I called the office to check up on my cat around 3:00 PM. The receptionist said that the vet is in another room at the moment and to call back in about an hour. That sounded off to me, because they have never not given me an update before & I found it odd that my cat was only there to be "monitored". No work was being done on her whatsoever. I decided to show up and see what was going on. I arrived around 3:45 pm.

The receptionist walked back in the office to advise the nurse and vet that I arrived (I can see them clearly). The receptionist came back and told me that the vet said that they tried to give her the dosage at noon and at 3:30 pm but were unable to due to her being "difficult". The receptionist said that if I wanted to take her home and bring her back later to try again or reschedule.

At this point, I was extremely upset at the fact that it was now 4:00 pm and I NEVER received a follow up call to pick up my cat. I told her that I wanted to speak with the vet, she walked back inside to let the vet know. She then came back and told me that the vet was assistant another customer. I then looked through all the rooms to see if that was true & there was no other customer there at the time. Finally, the vet called me in a room and I expressed to her that the hospital's team themselves suggested that I bring my cat in to be monitored. That the idea for me doing that was to see if I can relieve stress on my cat for the day of travel. I told her that I was told that I would get a call after the FIRST ATTEMPT to give her the dosage and that if failed, I would be contacted to pick her up. However, that did not happen.

I told the vet that instead of lowering the stress level for my cat, it increased. My cat was there for more than 5 hours for absolutely NO REASON. All that time could have been avoided had I been contacted at noon after their first attempt. (That's if they even tried). For more than 5 hours my cat was not only stressed, had not eaten or had water. All of that was expressed to the vet. She only apologized and said that I could reschedule. Due to this experience, I will be canceling my health plan with them and finding another vet clinic to take my cat from now on. I would not recommend Veterinarian: FALLIN **.

Our experience with Banfield, more than 3 years started good. We couldn't get into our vet's office when our dog was very ill with a vomiting, and they were able to see her, and help us. Over the last two years - their lack of response for needing an appointment - you can't get one sometimes for 3 to 4 days. Problem # 1. I have been sent to collections for nonpayment. I have tried to get the corporate office to work with me, but they have gone completely silent when I ask for documentation of what is being charged and what has been paid. We have 2 current animals, and 2 animals we no longer have. We can't see the information online, and the first person I spoke to at their corporate office couldn't see this either. So how can I owe money if they can't see what I owe I ask?

I have emailed - again trying to get some information. I rec'd one email back - with charges for one of the animals... I have made payments, but they can't show me what has been applied and how. Then they refuse to answer any more emails and insist we call. My husband spent more than an hour calling various #s they have given them, and still not able to resolve. I emailed again, and they refuse to send me documentation and insist we call again. I even stopped by the vet's office to see if they could help. They can't see the information either. I would be happy to pay - I have paid the other two - but since learned we are paying for a preventative heartworm med - they all had a severe reaction to, and they only carry that heartworm, and one other one.

I have to order heartworm meds from PetMeds - and they approve it. Yet - I am being still charged for two of these animals. And the one they sent me to collections for - which I repeatedly asked for documentation on - was being charged too - and it's too bad for me, because they refuse to take it off the bill. One of the DRs was also very rough with one of our dogs... Caused part of her rectal tissue to come out. But could I get her in to see the DR immediately? NO... So I don't think it is a good idea to have them spay or neuter our animals, because if there are complications there may not be availability to see a DR immediately. Yet they will not allow me to reduce my plan to just the basic. Will not go back to Banfield. These animals - are our children. I wouldn't take my child to someone I don't trust, and I surely am not taking my pet's back!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banfield Pet Hospital?

My 6mo old dog had been neutered at the local vet. Over the weekend, we started noticing that he was swelling more than we anticipated and decided to take him to Banfield to get checked on - just out of concern and Banfield was the only place still open. We arrived 45 minutes before they were supposed to close (WITH AN APPOINTMENT), and they considered not taking us in because they were getting ready to close. So, right away they were unprofessional. After the front desk figured out that we could be seen, we had a very quick wait time and went back to a room. We showed the "vet" (I say "vet" because I'm not sure we saw a trained professional) the swelling around his scrotum and penis and she said they would check it out more. They took his temperature and while that was happening they were joking about lube as they inserted the thermometer into my dog's anus! Unprofessional again.

Then, they decided they would test for anemia to see if the swelling was internal bleeding - or so they said. The tech went out to find what they needed to do the test. She returns and both of the people we were working with had no idea where the tools and materials they were wanting to use were located. How do you not know where your resources are in a vet's office? Unprofessional strike 3 already. They finally do the test and take blood. Too bad they had to try three different spots on my dog with a needle to finally hit a vein - trauma for the young puppy.

They said they would have the results in about 15 minutes - so we wait. After about 15 minutes the girls return and tell us the tests were fine and that Reggie was fine. The swelling was still "normal" and we could just ice it and he will return to normal. We paid, left, and still felt uneasy. Since we didn't trust their verdict, we went to another vet the next day (Sunday, so an emergency 24hr vet), just to get a second opinion. They were IMMEDIATELY concerned with the swelling our puppy had. Right away they figured it was an infection and basically laughed at the test Banfield ran to check what was wrong the night before.

They run their own tests and come back to us letting us know that if we had come in any later that our puppy might not have been very well off. He had a massive infection and abscess that looked the same as it did the night before. It was rapidly spreading and the people at Banfield had no idea what was wrong with our dog. Had we listened to their "medical advice", we would be sitting here with a dead puppy and a broken heart. If you care about your animal, never take it to Banfield - pay the extra to go to a real vet and have your pet properly taken care of.

My beloved 16 yr old Maltese is in stage two kidney disease. I wanted to get a second opinion from elsewhere. Taking my dog to this sorry clinic was the biggest mistake I ever made. The so called veterinarian who couldn't even read lab results, prescribed wrong medications, ordered unnecessary lab tests. Yep, that is what my local Las Vegas veterinarian did to me. After spending over 300 dollars on urine test, and wrong medication (they refused to give me a refund) I am now out of 300 dollars.

The doctor could not answer any of my questions concerning her condition - her immediate answer was, "I have to call specialist to find out what's going on with your dog." Just imagine you are sick and you go to your doctor, and the doctor is completely clueless! And they have the nerve to charge you for "consultation" fee. I have heard Banfield likes to hire young, inexperienced vets. Anyone who is crazy enough to bring their pets to Banfield deserves what they get. They are expensive and clueless. Avoid Banfield like plague!

Our dog had been a patient at Banfield since she was 8 wks old until we had to put her down at 10 yrs old. I do not entirely blame the vets for her demise as Banfield themselves. We live in a resort area and for over a year the Banfield had one vet. We have lots of snowbirds and vacationers, so this is crazy. When we tried to get our little girl dog in to see vet, we had to wait 3 days. By the time they did see her, she was very sick and wouldn't eat or drink. They have her antibiotics and she started feeling better after about a week.

She lost about 2 lbs by that time. I was giving her water with syringe. She recovered somewhat. This happened in October. By March, she was in kidney failure, early stages. Changed her food and said there was nothing more than could do. By May, she was sick again. Finally they did an xray to discover what they thought was cancer. Finally did an ultrasound and decided it was her gallbladder. At this point, we went to local vet hospital and she had emergency surgery. Gallbladder had grown to 8 times its size.

No wonder she wasn't feeling well. Banfield vets really dropped the ball. After surgery and 4 ivs of electrolytes, she had 3 great weeks of life. Kidneys failed again and she was in so much pain that we finally had to let her go to rainbow bridge to wait for us. Since then, we have a new puppy and have NO INTENTION of taking her to Banfield. I cannot even go to PetSmart anymore. Unfortunately, we had recommended Banfield to friends with new puppy 3 yrs ago and feel very bad. We have warned them numerous times to be very proactive in her care and understand numbers when she has blood tests etc. Praying that they listen.

I took my geriatric dog to Banfield pet Hospital Jacksonville Fl to have her teeth cleaned. She is older so I asked to have NO vaccines administered. I had a conversation with the tech saying no vaccines. She asked about rabies and I told her she had a 3 year last year. She told me we give them another Rabies Vaccine anyway. So again so no Rabies Vaccine and no other vaccines. All Vaccines were administered!

When I woke up I could tell one of my dogs was not feeling well. You could actually see the pain in her eyes along with tears. When she started walking she held her head down and was limping on her front leg. I called the Banfield Hospital that I normally use and explained what was going on and that I wanted to bring her in right away to be seen. They said the Vet was in surgery and wouldn't be see her till 3 pm. This was 11 am in the morning when I called, which meant she would be in pain for at least another 4 hours. They told me I could drop her off and she could be seen by a vet tech and then by the vet between 3 and 4. But I would need to be back by 6 to pick her up. I had already heard some horror stories about Banfield and knew better to leave her there. I promptly told them to forget it and I hung up. They immediately called back and left a message saying the exact same thing I had already heard during the initial phone call.

I picked up my little girl and took her to a VCA hospital here in Atlanta. Although they are a company I could tell they had high standards and well trained staff. As soon as I walked in carrying her they immediately asked what was wrong. My information was taken very quickly and within minutes I was in a room. A vet tech soon followed for vitals and soon after she left a real Veterinarian walked in and gave her one of the most comprehensive exams I'd ever witnessed. She was with us for almost 30 minutes. She was brought fresh drinking water. Turns out she had a pinched nerve in her neck causing muscle spasms and pain in her leg. She was given an NSAID and muscles relaxers. I explained to them how Banfield treated us and they were nothing but professional and had no comment.

Every time I went to Banfield we were never treated with care. But at VCA (Pets are people too) everyone there showed care and true concern for my dog. Compared to some of the other horror stories I've read about Banfield I was very lucky. The other downside is that I tried to cancel my wellness plan and I'm mid year in and would have to pay out $180 per dog to get out of the Banfield Cult. Although I don't feel I owe them anything I will pay it but one thing for sure I will never go into another Banfield or Petsmart...

After a positive experience with 2 different Banfield's I took my cat to the location in Addison, TX. I just signed him up for a wellness plan and the DR said he needed a dental. My cat stopped eating and I had him back in for observation and called nearly every day for two weeks. Then the DR says the cat has thyroid issues and give him meds and "wait and see" for two weeks. I grow more concerned daily because my cat is not eating and Dr. dumb dumb doesn't listen to me and my concerns. I take my precious boy to another location only to find out he's in renal failure. They work on him for a few days and then 3 weeks after that damn dental that he probably should have never had at his age I have to have him put down. I was heartbroken - and still have to have lost my precious cat of 10 years due to -- in my opinion -- the incompetency of this so-called DR. Banfield said they'd look into it but so far no one has called me back.

We've been getting all of our pet care from our local Banfield Pet Hospital for the last four years. It was a franchise owned by a very good and competent vet who took exquisite care of Boots, Ruby and Maxie. The corporation that franchises the hospitals has been buying our all of the franchisees. Since April they have had a complete turnover of staff. None of the vets has more than a year or two experience. They sold me a tick and flea treatment called First Shield. We applied it to Maxie (our 92 lb. German Shepherd Dog) and she collapsed within two hours. About $800 later and a trip to the Emergency Department at Memphis Veterinary Specialist in Memphis we got her back on her feet.

Last week we allowed Banfield to remove a small cyst from her back paw. They sent her home with an undressed wound, no antibiotics, and a cone way too small for a dog her size. Within two days the wound was infected and when I called to come in to see a vet they said they couldn't see me until the next day. They started her on antibiotics but it was too late. By yesterday it was in really bad shape. Today I got her into a new practice with a very good vet who now has her on an excellent treatment plan and hopefully Maxie will be back to full health in 2 to 3 weeks. And of course it is going to be expensive. So two recommendations; never take a pet to Banfield and never use a product called First Shield.

We enrolled our bulldog in the best yearly plan at Banfield in TN and paid it in advance; later on we had to take him for evaluation and they said he was fine, only inflamed prostate that by neutering him would get solved so we had our Max neutered and he got worst. Vet at Banfield said they could do nothing else and to take him to an emergency clinic where they found Max had stones on his urethra that was causing his illness so they had to try 2 different procedures before having to go to plan C which was opening a new way for him to urinate; a $3600 +bill!

Next visit, 7 months later, was for his physical and teeth cleaning, covered by the plan. Lab results were excellent according to the Vet that delivered us Max after that day, but 10 days later Max started bleeding profusely through the new opening for his urination, and as it was after hours we took him to the Emergency Care Clinic once again, where they found he had a serious infection which is now being controlled with antibiotics; BUT we were asked what antibiotic Max had been given prior to his dental cleaning, we called Banfield to ask and were told NONE and if the infection meant we needed to put Max to sleep. So, we have cancelled our plan with those pirates, not a penny was returned although there are still 4 months of coverage, and I recommend whomever reads this to PLEASE FIND A LOCAL VETERINARIAN and look for a plan that refunds you a portion of your expenses BUT NEVER CONSIDER BANFIELD IF YOU LOVE YOUR PET.

I took my cat to Banfield because they sent me a "Welcome to the neighborhood" card for a free exam. My cat had stopped eating over the course of about 2.5 weeks. They told me he needed to have his teeth cleaned, that his teeth were so bad that he had roots that were showing in his mouth and hanging down so far you could get a toothpick through the "Y" of the root where it is attached to the tooth. They told me more than likely he'd need more than 1 tooth extracted. Well, he failed his blood test so they wouldn't do the cleaning but said he'd need the IV fluid therapy for the kidney disease he had. At $350 or so a pop. They said after that they'd redo his blood work to see if he was healthy enough to undergo the anesthesia for the teeth cleaning and extractions.

When I balked about the cost of the IV therapy, they said a subcutaneous fluid could be given that would be "a little less than that." No other advice or anything else about what to do for him not eating. I picked him up and took him straight to his regular vet (should have not worried about saving that $63!!!, who checked my pet - he didn't have any abscessed teeth, no roots showing, nothing to indicate he'd even need to undergo anesthesia for a cleaning! He gave my cat subcutaneous fluids ($50!! not $250!) said he wasn't near critical enough for IV therapy, and gave him an anti-nausea medication and when I got my cat home he ate more in 2 hours than he had in the previous week. When Banfield called to check on my cat, I told them he never had roots exposed like they told me he did and she said, "That's good." Wow. Never, ever, EVER again.

I been to Banfield Short Pump, Glen Allen at 5 pm today on 08/12/16. It was 5 pm 100% when my cat was crying to leave home. After so much trouble driving there and manager refused to take care of my cat. No reason given. Very hateful. These staff/manager has no heart towards animals and I am not sure how he became manager. I will not even hire him to clean my toilet bowl.

Do not sign up for this plan. I thought it was a good deal. A year later we did not need the adult plan. The cost to cancel was $151 because we visited the Vet the day after the plan expired and this was after paying $89 during that same visit. I was on the phone almost an hour trying to get them to cancel my plan. First on hold for 30 minutes then another 30 minutes to get the plan cancelled. They kept trying to convince me to stay. I was happy with the vet but so not worth the cost you end up paying. Very disappointed with Banfield and their services!!!

We had our dog on the wellness program for 2 years and it's a complete waste of money. Now that I'm trying to cancel the plan they're trying to charge me additional fees. Until I pay the fees I can't get out of the plan. We were new dog owners so thought the plan made sense. But every time we brought our dog in they added extra "necessary" services (e.g., they had to express her anal glands every time, even though she showed absolutely no signs of needing it done. Literally 2 weeks after we had it done once we brought her in for a follow-up and they claimed she needed it again!).

She swallowed chicken bones once and we brought her in to get checked out - they "observed" her for 8 hours, x-rayed her once and gave her something to coat her stomach - then charged over $900!. Most frustrating part is that now that we're trying to cancel the plan they claim to have sent us flea & tick medication via US mail and need $54 payment for that. We never received the medication - and we don't even use the brand that they claim they sent. We've been buying flea meds through Amazon for the whole 2 years, never through Banfield. I've spoken with a customer service rep and a supervisor. Both claim they can't resolve the issue, and also can't send me an email confirming what they've told me. They'll just keep charging me until we pay $54 for something we never received.

I've had a pet plan since February 2016 and decided I'd like to cancel my plan because every time I take my dog to Banfield it doesn't fix anything. All that happens is she gets so stressed she starts pooping blood (stress colitis). So its a huge waste of money for me! The gentlemen I spoke with wouldn't work with me at all! I understand I signed up for the plan, but I cant bear to watch my pup suffer like that. She feels terrible, EVERY TIME we go there, and I feel that instead of worrying about taking my money every month, they should have worked with me, just a little.

They don't know who is their manager or supervisor!! Don't give you sick appointment!! Tell you to take to Oradell pet hospital. If we have to take there then we would get their insurance!!

I took my 41/2 lb. Chihuahua to Banfield because he was not feeling well. Elvis was 7 yrs.old and had never been sick before. I was told Elvis had a heart murmur and that they needed to do some x-rays and blood work. They told me "This would cost 780.00 but if you sign up for our plan it will only cost you 125.00. But wait we will give him his shots too." So I left my poor baby with them and what they did I will never know. They called me to pick him up about an 1 1/2 hrs later. When I got there they brought Elvis to me and the first thing I said is "What is wrong with him?" He was acting so strange I started to leave and went back and said "Are you sure he is OK?" They said "Yes it's just the medications. He will be fine."

As the evening went on Elvis got worse. His little heart was beating so hard and he just looked at me like "What is happening to me?" I kept holding him and telling him "It's OK. You're fine baby. You just need to calm down. I love you Elvis." I realized this is not fine and I called an emergency Vet. They told me to bring him in right away. I was taking him there and he started vomiting and his little body just went limp in my arms. I tried CPR but he was just gone. I found out the next day that they should of never given my poor little baby his shots while he was sick.That is what killed my best friend. How do they not know that?

I went in to their office the following day to ask them why and to get my money back. I told them I wanted my money back because I didn't want to feel like I paid them to kill my dog. That is exactly what happened and they refused to give it back to me. I want to file a class action suit against them. I made that promise to my Elvis when I buried him way before his time because of their neglect. Elvis I am so sorry my baby. I love you and miss you and I am so lost without you. RIP my little man.

My boxer was diagnosed with severe food poisoning. Took him to Banfield at Coral Way and 35th Ave, Miami. They did x-rays and performed surgery on our dog. Open and sewed his intestines and informed us afterwards they don't provide overnight care after surgery. We had to transport the dog and care for the him at our home without the necessary equipment for transportation and recovery. Had to take him back and forth to the "Hospital" for post surgery check-ups. Our bill was up to then 750 plus 3000 surgery charges... On the second night after surgery, our dog died. I am sure they knew he had no possibilities to recover, and did the surgery anyway just for profit. Please stay away from these butchers...

Checked in for pet check up (also pay for pet wellness plan), sat for 45 min with no communication from staff on when we would be seen. Staff finally came and said "we will see you in a few minutes" so we waited and waited. Decided we were leaving so told staff we were going because of lack of communication and customer service staff did not offer any update or apologies for wasting our time. We will be looking for a new vet.

This place is a complete ripoff. I paid $1200 to have my dog's teeth cleaned and 3 teeth extracted. I had her on a wellness plan which I paid monthly which never paid off. I just had another dog's teeth cleaned and teeth extracted at another vet clinic and the charge was $278. This is an egregious overcharge. Over 400% of customary charges. DON'T FALL FOR IT. They will take all of your money. They have a very corporate attitude. JUST SAY NO.

My husband and I had taken our two shih-tzus to Banfield since they were puppies. We signed up for the optimum wellness plan which included teeth cleaning. All in all, my experiences with Banfield were okay. The plan included all vaccinations and well checks, including dental. The vets were okay - the one outstanding vet left after a short while... big disappointment.

Our problems were when we tried to get out of the plan two weeks ago. Our first and youngest baby died this past April. She was 12 and we were devastated. We had been taking her to three different vets (emergency vet, eye vet, and Banfield). The emergency vet, Sage, in Concord Ca was wonderful. They saw her through her illness and we said goodbye to her there in April of this year. At that point there was no problem financially with Banfield.

Then in one short day we lost our older Shih-Tzu who would have been 13 this coming February. She got sick in the morning and in the afternoon we rushed her to Sage. We were shocked at the diagnosis and had to say goodbye to her that afternoon. We were more than devastated. Losing our two babies in under three months was absolutely the worst thing we had been through.

The bomb came when my husband called to completely cancel the wellness plan as both our babies were gone. Cancelling our first baby was okay - no problem at all and they dropped the fee to just one animal. After asking to cancel the entire plan we were told that we had to pay out our contract - at more than $250.00. I was not a happy camper. Then the next day when I looked at my checking account I found that not only had they taken out the $250, they had taken out the monthly $51 the day before! I was outraged.

I wrote a review on Yelp (not a good one) and the review was responded to be Lisa ** from Banfield expressing her sorrow at the passing of my babies and that she would review our account. Yeah, right! She asked for the name the account was under, the animals' names and a good number to contact us. Well, it's been over two weeks and I have heard nada, nothing, zilch from Lisa **. I will have to watch my checking account closely to be sure they don't deduct the monthly premium in August.

In addition, I have to agree with other complaints - Banfield tries to gauge you financially whenever possible, including trying to sell you liver support supplements because your dog's liver enzymes are too high and they can't do dental work until they come down. This one ploy lasted for four years! Every time they did blood work the liver enzymes on both our dogs were too high. They also tried to give me antibiotics for one dog's ear infection, which never worked. Prices for meds online are greatly reduced compared to Banfield, or probably any other vet. I recommend all you fur-parents look online before getting meds. To end -- Banfield tries to bleed you dry. Don't take your precious animals there.

We purchased the wellness plan for our Yellow Lab Puppy, Beau. Included with the plan was his flea/tick & mosquito repellant ~ FirstShield Trio. My dog vomited and was lethargic after we applied it. When I looked it up online I discovered that it's been making dogs sick AND many are dying. There's a class action lawsuit in the courts now and Banfield has an exclusive contract with the manufacturer which is why they continue to use it. We took the 2 doses we had to Banfield, explained that it was making Beau sick and asked if they had something else we could use. We were told no ~ that was all the plan offered. They could refund the money for the 2 we returned and take it off of our wellness plan so we didn't get it in the future but there were no substitutes.

We needed to purchase something else offered at Petsmart or elsewhere. How can this company continue to use this product??? No one alerted us to the awful things this stuff is doing to lots of dogs - never gave us a choice. WHAT IF MY DOG HAD DIED? When I asked the employee if she was aware of all the awful things this medicine does to dogs she indicated that she was aware of all of it. To be fair ~ she doesn't make the rules and I shouldn't shoot the messenger but damn ~ we're talking about a member of my family and they (Banfield) obviously care more about money than the animals they get paid (handsomely) to take care of. We are going to start looking for a different vet. I read elsewhere that cancelling our wellness plan is a nightmare and could take months to get them to stop removing the payment from your account. Wish us luck!

I will first say that this review is not a reflection of Dr.'s ** or ** at the South Lincoln Park Banfield, located at 1415 N Kingsbury in Chicago. They should open their own practice. I would follow with my four dogs. That said, I would never go back to this, or any other Banfield location. I took one of my dogs in for a simple check up, and it was determined that he needed to be seen again in two weeks. I made the appointment for exactly 2 weeks from the day I was there, which happened to be a Saturday. The day before my appointment I got a call from the front desk, who incidentally had confirmed with me several times during the week, to tell me that my appointment needed to be cancelled. I asked why, and they told me that the doctor was in surgery at that time every Saturday.

Clearly I was perplexed since, as I stated, they had confirmed multiple times during the week. Further, it seemed strange that there was not an automatic block in the schedule since it is a weekly occurrence. More troubling, however, was that the front desk would not realize that the doctor was in surgery every Saturday during that time when scheduling my appointment. I guess they are the type of folks that simply do not care. They punch in, punch out, and collect their check.

I was reasonably upset, and the front desk person, ** (sp) tried to help, however, she was not able to schedule an appointment. The practice manager, **, then intervened and was able to squeeze me in that Saturday morning. While this was a nice gesture she acted as if she was doing me this enormous favor by getting me in on the day with which I had an appointment. I, again, was not impressed and told her if it was not for incompetence on their part she would not have to do me this giant, breathtaking favor.

Fast forward one month. I bought a new puppy and had her in for her first and second round of shots. The second round was on Sunday July 9, 2016. The doctor walked me to the front and we scheduled an appointment for her final shot, the rabies shot, for Wednesday July 13,2016. This was particularly important as we were leaving for Europe on the July 14, 2016, and my mother would be watching the dogs, and, without the rabies shot, the dog could not be taken to the dog park with the others.

Come Wednesday I get in the car and call because I am running a little ahead of schedule and wanted to see if they could see me early, and if not, I would simply do some shopping at Petsmart. Much to my dismay I was told by ** (sp) that my appointment was not for the 13th, it was instead for the 20th. I went on to explain the situation and asked why I would ever schedule an appointment for when I was out of the country, to which she replied that I should ask myself that question. I become more frustrated and was trying to see if I could get in later that day, and was told I could not. I explained that if she reached out to Dr. ** she would confirm that I was indeed scheduled for that time. She refused.

The following day, on the way to the airport, I was able to contact **. I told her about the conversation I had with her employee. She actually called me a liar and told me she knew that particular employee would never talk to anyone that way. I immediately challenged her to pull the recording from the conversation we had. They, conveniently, do not record their conversations! I went on to talk to ** about the incompetence of the front desk. She became audibly angry and asked if I was calling her incompetent. I answered in the affirmative, and told her it was clear why the front desk was so terrible; they watch her interactions with clients and simply mimic her sad, unprofessional behavior.

Shortly after I terminated the call that was going nowhere with the incompetent, unprofessional manager, **, I received a call from **, their regional medical director. She had spoke to ** and had already made a predetermination as to what had transpired. Rather than listen to me, and accept the problems with her front desk staff, and manager, she wanted to talk about my tone, and even cadence. I was clear: at no time did I yell; at no time did I lose my temper; at no time did I use foul language with either of the employees. She then wanted to hear the tone with which I spoke to them. An absurd suggestion. I was appalled by her accusations.

** then suggested that I go to another hospital, or, to put it more clearly, rather than discipline, or even fire, an incompetent employee, she would rather fire a client. I was clear that I went to that locations for the two doctors, period. The absurdity of her management style is beyond comprehension. There is a reason Banfield has 177 reviews and only 1 star. It is a top down problem!

I have one thing to say... UGH! I bought the basic wellness plan and at first it was fine. I would stay with my cat during his appointments and he would get his shots and blood drawn no problem. There was always up-charges and up-services that they would want me to purchase. This happened with the assistants and the vets themselves. Annoying but I would just say no.

The problems started when they wanted me to drop my cat off. Suddenly, they were not able to get anything done and wanted to up-charge me $120.00 to sedate my cat. I would not pay for this and of course, they were not able to give my cat his shots or do his blood work. My cat received no services that he was provided by his wellness plan. I think this is a ploy so they get more money from you and if not, they do not have to provide the service. I call this a scam and a rip off.

Then, I tried to call to cancel the wellness plan. At this point, I have called over ten times and sent at least three emails in an attempt to get someone to cancel my plan. I am once again, put on hold by the Wellness Plan as I type this review. This is horrible customer service and I would not recommend this hospital or their vets. Do not buy the wellness plans. They are not worth it and more importantly you are being taken advantage of. Your pets are not safe with Banfield. I am hoping that I am able to cancel in the near future if I am ever able to get in touch with a real person.

I thought that I should let know how negligent is this hospital. I have two small babies Chihuahuas. One of them got sick one morning (he vomits around four times). I called around 3 of the Banfield Hospitals near to Oviedo in order to get an appointment which I couldn't, they only option they gave me was to drop him off so they can take a closer look to my 4 months old Chihuahua in between appointments. The vet assistance was convincing which make us feel comfortable leaving our puppy in the hospital, but right away she said that the Vet might ask for x-rays that costs $199.99. We said that it was fine but we wanted to sign up for the Banfield pet plan for him. We called several times to check on our puppy's condition, they say he was doing just fine.

About six hours later, the vet called me on my cellphone saying that it seemed like my dog had eaten something that she could feel it in her belly but she couldn't properly see in the x rays what was it so she had to send it to a specialist for interpretation. Meanwhile she would give me some medication and send him home until the next day - that would costs us an additional $500. Oh wait! It wasn't all, she said that my puppy might go into surgery and if he did not make it we would still have to pay for the pet plan. She told over the phone that he could die, I immediately freaked out. We went straight to the Banfield on Tuskawilla Rd, Oviedo, after paying like $260 we went to see another vet who helped our baby in only one hour. We are just grateful that we did not signed up for their plan and we took our baby to a reliable veterinary that actually care for pets.

1st of all the PetCo vet is now only seeing pets if you drop them off because their doctor is too busy to do an exam with you present. 2nd The pet insurance I have had for years on my animal. When I go to cancel the insurance for some reason there is a 20 minute wait for a computer to come on the line to ask you if they can call you back. Most of the time they do not return these calls. I've going on 4 months of me trying on and off to cancel this policy. I am so sick and tired of listening to their advertisements over their phone. It's enough to make someone crazy! When you select a different number instead of cancellation they are unable to help you and stick you right back to listening to their advertisements again for another 15-20 minutes, and then the computer comes back to ask if they can contact you later. I am so sick of the bull crap! That I will NEVER sign for another pet insurance again!

I called to make an appointment when my fur baby was sick. I was told he needed to be seen immediately. They (OP Banfield) had no openings, told me to call Southside (Jax). They told me the same thing he needed to be seen immediately - they had no openings. Advised to call St. Augustine Banfield - No Answer. Tried 3 more times still no answer. Called customer service and explained my situation - put on hold and the lady I talked with and her manager tried calling St. Augustine Banfield and I was told they found the same thing - No Answer. This was the only time I needed to get in right away and couldn't!

Then after this incident went in for his just regular checkup and was asked if I needed ** - I stated I ordered online because it was cheaper (I did inquire about the price). I guess my account was flagged because I order online and Banfield denied. I called to inquire and got into the loop with the young lady that answered the phone. She state that she wasn't sure where the prior authorization was proving that my dog was on the medication. Banfield was the one that approved - Hello we have a problem. I am now paying for two dog plans for the same dog because Banfield couldn't / wouldn't get him in. I am done!!! My son has use them for years - 3 animals they are switching also. Everyone look at the local vets - a lot of them are offering the same plan and actually care and will get you in. My new vet is awesome and he and his staff are from Banfield.