3.54/5
Based on 1,068 ratings submitted in the last year

1869 Banfield Pet Hospital Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 10, 2019

I have taken my dogs to this place for years, charged a lot for insurance and out of pocket costs. One of my dogs died in their care and my other dog still has the same issues 7 years later. I have been waiting on hold for 1 hour trying to cancel the wellness plan I have paid for for 7 years. So yes I have a complaint. How can I get in on the class action lawsuit? Thank you.

Original review: March 12, 2019

We own dog training and boarding kennels, Angels in the Infield training and boarding and would trust no one else except Doctor ** and her staff! Never a long wait. Answers all phone calls and questions in the same day, if not within the hour. We recommend them to all our customers. We receive no money or discounts from any of our vendors, just so that we can judge them on their own merits. Banfield in Aurora OHIO is awesome!

Get expert buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Banfield has always been great with our pets. They took care of my cat when he had hypothyroidism and when he developed kidney disease. He plays like a kitten now every day at 16yo. Our dog was so loved by our vet she cried when she saw bone cancer on the X-ray. We had the X-ray done because he had a limp that wouldn't go away. He had wonderful treatment even up to his last day. I am shocked to see all the negative reviews. Banfield wellness only charges for services rendered. Since our dog passed we have to pay the remainder of the bill, not the plan. The plan was $60/mo and now we have to pay 47 monthly which will pay off only the services they administered. I wouldn't go to another vet!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

We read SO many bad reviews about Banfield's Wellness plan, but we knew we needed to find a wellness plan to save us money with our new puppy. Our local Banfield had good reviews. (You should check the reviews for YOUR location before deciding on them as your vet.) After doing thorough research, it seems most people are dissatisfied due to the fact that you cannot cancel your plan within your first year. To be clear - you are paying for a service and are essentially being set on a payment plan, NOT a monthly payment to cover everything for that month. You have the option to pay the full amount up front or break up into monthly payments over the next year - which is what most people do.

If your dog dies or if anything happens to where you wish to cancel - you STILL OWE money for services already rendered. We have saved over $1000 in the first 6 months of our puppy's life between vaccines, free unlimited check-ups/visits, 5% discounts, etc. Bills that consistently add up to $150-$300 end up being $0-$50. It WILL save you money and has been great for us. Highly recommend.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Where do I begin. I visited Banfield Pulaski Highway, my chihuahua was seen there for a skin infection and the service was Extraordinary. Dr. ** is the best. She’s very calm, knowledgeable and genuine. She took the time out to first assess my chihuahua thoroughly from head to toe, then educate me on her findings. After prescribing her a treatment plan, my chihuahua was much better within two days. The worlds need more veterinarians like Dr. **. I would highly recommend friends and family to Banfield to see Doctor ** and staff. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banfield Pet Hospital?

Original review: June 15, 2019

I signed in a Wellness program for $52 a month since 2016. I used to live in Palm Coast Fl. So I went to their hospital there. They do dental cleaning even if they found out my poodle has a heart murmur. I was told to just keep a watch now and then. My dog is ok. I always been able to talk to the Doctor in Palm Coast clinic after every checkup. But when I moved to Ormond Beach Fl, I started bringing my dog to their hospital in Daytona Beach. Their clinic refused to do dental cleaning during the exam, because of my dog's heart murmur. They want to do an X-ray which will cost me more than $200. And was told if they find something wrong they will do surgery. That was so blunt saying that surgery is the only way. I can imagine how much this crooked people would charged me for surgery. That’s when I decided to cancel my membership.

I called the corporate office and was told I still have to pay for the months lefts until my membership expire...June 2019. I called for an appointment for June 15. Lo and behold, they refused to see my dog because my membership ends June 13, only two days after before my appointment. Or I will have to pay the exam out of pocket. I refused to pay on their demand. I felt so downhearted when a Dr refused to see your pet. If Medical Dr have a Hippocratic oath to see not just sick patient but also well patient for routine check up, I am sure Veterinarian have too. I would bring my dog to a real veterinarian who have a heart for animals. I have never meet the doctor in Banfield clinic in Daytona Beach after every checkup except from some helper/nurse to explain what’s going on. Banfield hospital in Palm Coast is far better compared to the one in International Speedway in Daytona Beach. Pet owners!!! Beware bringing your dog in Daytona Beach clinic.

Original review: June 10, 2019

We participated in the wellness plan for 4-5 years. Here's the issue. My dog was put down on 6/1/2019 and my plan renewed on 2/19/2019. The issue is we don't need the plan and they want to charge me back for expenses used since 2/19 and the discounts that were given. I asked when I renewed what happens if my pet doesn't make the term of the plan? I was told, "You simply call and cancel the plan." So I call and they wish to charge me back in full for the discounts given since I didn't complete full term of the plan. When I called they said it is in the plans information. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: June 7, 2019

Not only is this company completely unprofessional but they also displayed discrimination and defamation of my character. I was threatened and put down by the front office staff as well as the guy who was supposedly the only manager I could speak to. After calling 5 minutes after my appt time due to a car accident on Dr 28. Called more than once getting a vm stating they were closed. Finally got in touch with them 7 minutes after my appointment time telling them we made it and are parking for them to tell me "you are already halfway through your appointment". Are you kidding???

So they stated I would have to leave my 114 lb Akita who isn't friendly with strangers. Made me fill out papers etc etc. Went to waiting room. Waited. Their time meant nothing I guess. Still only ten min after my scheduled appt for them to say the male staff who threatened me wants me to leave and go to another vet. I can go on and on about the legalities but I got a lawyer instead so please get only your legal team to contact me and I will give you my Attorney info. Thank you. Mary **, Paralegal

Original review: June 1, 2019

My dog was throwing up on Tuesday and moping around and not wanting to eat. So I thought she maybe ate something that didn’t sit well. Wednesday came she still throwing up not using the bathroom and not wanting to eat or drink so I called Banfield once I got home from work. I told them all the symptoms and said she looks dehydrated. So the girl at the front desk says, "Well we are booked today. I can put you in for tomorrow." I’m like, "You have nothing." She said no so I waiting till Thursday. Went in and they started telling me what they can do for her and the cost so I went with ice fluids and anti nauseas meds. Doctor told me if she doesn’t get better bring her back and they will do X-ray. Mind you I have to pay for all this there and then. So Friday came my dog got worst. Brought her back. She was blue and they did X-ray and found she and a blockage from a rope she ate. She was unstable already. She couldn’t walk or anything.

If they would of seen me on Wednesday when I called I could of waited the 24 hrs. She could of came in Thursday which she was still walking a little bit alert. Maybe the surgery they recommended from and emergency hospital could of took place that day but Friday came and she was too weak and they couldn’t do surgery till Saturday! They told my husband it was 4,600 for surgery so I said yes let them so he transported her to the emergency hospital. When I got there they said the surgery was 6,000-7,000. When they saw her condition it went up to 10,000+. I didn’t have that kind of money so my only option was to give my dog up. This could of been prevented if they would of seen me the day I called!!!! I would never go back again!!!! I lost my beautiful dog - my son's dog - for these people I trusted!!!!

Original review: May 31, 2019

First off, this review is not regarding the veterinarians serving the hospitals. I've had great experiences with the doctors. On to the reason for the ONE STAR REVIEW! I've had my dog in my family for 11 years. He's been a wellness customer for almost his entire life. For the past many years I've been charged for one pet, around 36 dollars a month, because I only have ONE PET. About five months ago I started to get charged about 86 dollars and some change. I called and was informed that, my agreement shows two dogs that aren't mine, and now I'm being charged for that amount. I informed Banfield that those are not my dogs and that I only own one. I've never paid nor taken these two other dogs to any Banfield Hospital. It turns out these are my brother's dogs that apparently I am paying for now. My brother has not been charged for his two dogs instead they are charging me.

My dog's wellness plan has disappeared apparently out of nowhere. Since I've never been charged these amounts before because I only have my one dog, my account has been over drafted each time these charges come out. Why? I don't budget for services I do not need. Getting in touch with a supervisor is the most RIDICULOUS thing I have ever heard of. They connect you to a voicemail and a "supervisor" will call you back within 24-48 hours?? I was hoping this exchange would be a simple refund considering, those have never been my dogs and I have never paid for them since I've been a part of this wellness plan. Also, when I tried calling up to the actual PetSmart to cancel my debit card so they would stop with these unauthorized charges, I was informed that my brother was the owner of my account and I would have to have him call and cancel it for me.

So to sum up the review, for the past five months out of the blue, I'm being charged almost triple what I was paying for years for my one and only dog. My brother hasn't been getting charged at all. My dog's charged are nowhere to be found and I'm no longer the account holder for my OWN DOG! This is the WORST experience I've EVER endured.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I took my dog to Banfield for years. The wellness plan worked out until he really got sick. I changed plans to cover x-rays. I was contacted with the results of his physical and informed that his spleen looked enlarged and that I could pay for a radiologist consult. I agreed. Less than three days later, my dog was dead. Not only was I left with the remainder of paying for the plan (11 mos), I had to pay for a necropsy, cremation and transportation. The vet never sent the x-rays out for a consult, yet I paid for it. Banfield showed no concern as to the cause of his death especially since he had just seen the vet. I have not and will never step foot in Banfield again.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I called to cancel my plan, as they cannot seem to keep my pets straight. My skinny cat is overweight, although when I called to cancel it was suddenly changed. When I looked at my cat’s records I have that receipt where it states he is overweight. Also it seems my younger cat has the same dental issues as my much older cat. Something wrong here.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I will NEVER take another pet to Banfield again. We had a 12 year old Rat Terrier that we trusted Banfield to help. Our dog had experienced minor seizures for his entire life. Through research, we figured out that certain things would "trigger" his seizures, such as flea medication, pesticide sprays, and chemicals. We also found that certain vaccinations were linked to seizures and sometimes death, especially in smaller breeds. We managed his seizures for years, using a holistic diet and CBD for dogs.

Last Winter, however, our dog had a couple seizures close together. He also began vomiting what seemed to be just bile, and he stopped eating his regular kibble and treats. We attempted to feed him baked chicken, rice, sweet potatoes, etc. This worked for a short time, but soon he lost his appetite for these meals too. Desperate, we took him to Banfield to try to figure out what could be wrong.

When we got in to see Dr. Michelle **, it did not go well. First, the doctor ran blood tests and said that our dog was very healthy aside from a MINOR UTI. For some reason, she did not think it was significant that our dog had stopped eating, and was listed in their records at 17 lbs., but was now only 12 lbs. A loss of 1/3 body weight should send RED FLAGS. The doctor also laughed off the seizures, saying that we were mistaking an "anxious" dog for a seizing dog. So, upon ignoring our base reasoning for bringing the dog to the vet in the first place, Dr. ** prescribed an antibiotic for the UTI, and went ahead and pumped the dog full of several vaccinations as well. She also up-sold us on the Banfield Wellness Plan so we could have unlimited visits in the future.

An antibiotic, and multiple vaccinations in a dog that was not eating and had a history of seizures... That night, our dog suffered the most intense Grand Mal Seizure he had every had. We had never seen anything like it. It was heart-breaking. We immediately took him to another vet who determined he was terminally ill with cancer. We were given meds to keep him comfortable and stimulate his appetite for 2 weeks so that we could say goodbye before having him euthanized. We returned to Banfield because we wanted answers as to how they could be so wrong in their diagnosis. Why would they sell us a Wellness Plan for a dog that was dying? When we explained that we were there because our dog was literally dying, THEY TRIED TO SELL US A NAIL TRIM AND TEETH CLEANING.

Upon this visit, Dr. ** basically said, "yes, the dog is terminally ill". That's it. No apology. No explanation for ignoring his symptoms and torturing him with multiple vaccinations. No acknowledgment that those vaccinations triggered his worst seizure ever and accelerated his death, and made everything more painful than it needed to be. No expression of regret for hooking us into their Wellness Plan even though he would not be alive to use it. Banfield didn't kill our dog. They just made his last days miserable. We take our pets to the vet because we want to do right by them. We trust the vet to do what is best for our animals. Banfield ignored what we told them, ignored our dog's signs and symptoms, and destroyed what was left of his immune system. Now we are stuck paying a monthly insurance bill to a pet hospital that didn't even care about our pet.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I took my dog to Banfield because he was throwing up, appeared to be losing weight, and was having seizures. The vet, Dr. Michelle ** checked him out. She didn’t seem concerned about the weight loss, and completely down played the significance of his seizures. She did say he had a minor UTI, she prescribed antibiotics, and while she was at it, she sold me a wellness plan and updated a few vaccinations. Later that day my dog had a grand mal seizure the worst seizure he had ever had, and was taken to DoveLewis emergency where he was diagnosed with cancer. 20 days later he passed away.

I do not blame Dr. ** or Banfield for the death of my dog, however I do believe that the Banfield doctor failed to recognize the severity of his symptoms. I went to Banfield for help and what they did was up-sell me a wellness plan and vaccinate my dog, a dying dog. I wish in hindsight that when I called Banfield they would have let me know one simple thing: that they are not trained to help dogs with such severe issues. Seizures require a speciality vet trained in neurology and they do not have those at Banfield. I wish I would have known. I believe that when I went in to Banfield their main concern was getting me to buy into their wellness plan and to sell me vaccinations. It’s a shame and I will never trust them with another pet.

Original review: May 22, 2019

This all started in January when my baby girl Shilo died. I had been trying to cancel this plan since before then. Long story short. She got sick. I took her over to Banfield and they wouldn’t see her. Told me to come back tomorrow. 3am we ended up having to take her to an animal ER, paid 3k and she never really got better, and eventually we had to put her down.

I used to sing praises and Banfield Pet Clinic. Not anymore. Never again!! Got a letter saying I owed 133.95 and if I didn’t pay it was going to collections, so I called and the auto attendant now says my balance or 170+ (interest or another monthly fee) who knows. Anyway I paid it, then called to talk to someone to make sure both plans were canceled. Oh guess what. Another 30 minute hold time on the cancellation line.... Go figure, so I opted to have someone call me back, at least it wasn’t 2 hours this time. So someone calls me back and no, not both plans were canceled, just Princess’ plan was but not Shilo’s. I still owes another $140 for her plus they were charging me for Proheart injection that she wasn’t even getting anymore. I’ve never been so pissed. I was disrespectful and hateful to the the guy on the phone and I don’t care. You who know me know I usually take it. Grin and bare it. Deal with it and move on.

I thought I was over this but apparently not 'cause I completely blew my cool with this guy, he got both barrels and I let it fly. The complete lack of interest and care by the vet is what caused this in the first place, and now I’m dealing this “person” that is just as uncaring and disinterested as the vet was and I owe another 140.00 (at least he offer to remove the remain proheart injections). You blood sucking pathetic **. I don’t care how much $$ I saved on Shilo’s plan. She’s gone you **!!! How about you bring my dog back!! Do Not ever use Banfield’s insurance plan!! They don’t care, all they want is your money. You can cancel anytime but be ready to fork over the entire balance you owe even what you don’t use. #Banfieldtheheartlesspetclinic. #Banfieldthemoneygrubbingpetclinic. #Banfieldtheanimalhospitalmy**

Original review: May 21, 2019

I took my dog to Banfield animal hospital for a check-up. While I was there they pressured me into signing up for the wellness plan telling me that I could cancel at any time. Well we lost our dog so no longer needed the plan so I tried to cancel and they told me that I owed them hundreds of dollars for services rendered. I only took my dog to this vet one time and paid that bill in full and now they're trying to take me for hundreds of dollars that I don't owe them. Beware. You cannot cancel this plan. They want you to pay the entire balance of the plan plus whatever discount you might have gotten your first visit in order to "cancel". Don't be fooled like I was thinking I was doing the right thing for my pet when all they are concerned about is the money.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I have wellness policy for my dog for many years. Now Banfield is closing hospital in my area, and they will not let me cancel without penalizing me and making me pay until the end of the policy, which is six more months after they close the hospital. That’s a bad business. Not my fault that they closing the hospital in my area, not only I have to find a new vet for my dog I have to pay down until November.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Dr. ** did NOT diagnose my dachshund correctly & now he is dead. If you have an animal needs immediate attention - please do not take them to this place.... They don’t listen to you when you explain what’s happening to your pet. Therefore they may die. Dr ** argued with me when I called her out. Summary: horrible-horrible-horrible. If I could sue - I would!!!!

Original review: May 10, 2019

Please don't get involved here. I got insurance for my puppy and is all about money. He has been having problems with worms, they treat him twice and medicine did not work. I didn't want to go again because they were charging me extra tests so I decided to deworm him with stuff from the store and seems finally worked. They were treating him for ears infection and the same a pays hundred dollars for nothing, his ears are still not good. Not long time ago his stools were having blood, they made some tests again which was almost another $150 to check if he did not have worms.

According to them he was clean and they suggested he needed an x-ray over $300 to check if he has a blockage. I decided no way I will pay that for an x ray, puppy was not acting sick, except the blood and some diarrea. So I got him the dewormin treatment online for $8. Problem solved. Puppy is good now. So avoid avoid this place. How is possible they tested to see if he had worms and was negative when after giving him medicine worms started coming out. They just want your $$$$.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I spent hours on the phone with them. THEY DON'T CARE! All they want is your money. They closed my local pet clinic and there are no other options close by. I politely asked them to let me out of the contract. They agreed to let me go with no other costs, but then kept billing me. When I called back to ask why, I got the run-around and was told I have to pay several hundred dollars to get out. I have also seen the care of my pet go way downhill over the last couple of years. This doesn't seem like the Banfield I remember from years ago. They wanted $100 for ** when every store sells it for about $20. This is my discount for paying my monthly fee? THIS IS A SCAM! I guess that's why they had to close my local pet hospital. People are getting wise to their greedy tactics.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I have been taking my dog here since 2013. I used to have the wellness plan which worked well until my dog had an illness which is not covered by the plan. I had taken her there because she did not look right. The physical exam did not yield any useful diagnosis but that same evening, my dog continued to deteriorate where I had to take her to a Pet ER and she was referred to a neuro specialist. She had emergency surgery that evening. We ended up paying around 10K for her. She recovered motor function after about a week. We then decided to drop the wellness plan and just get pet insurance that covers both wellness and illness. So we would take her to Banfield, pay then get reimbursed partially for the visits.

The problem I have now encountered is that her shots need to be staggered because they do not necessarily conveniently fall on the same dates. The issue is that there is an office visit charge for vaccinations, even if she was just recently seen and had a physical exam. I do not want to be charged again for something unnecessary and not covered by her insurance plan anymore. And no amount of explanation to the person making appointments could convince her to be flexible to my needs. Makes me feel that they just want to generate as much income at the consumer's expense. So they have lost me as a client, and the irony is that I was able to quickly find a place that would and could easily just give vaccinations (except rabies) to pets, even without physical exams once established.

Original review: April 29, 2019

DO NOT take your pet to this Banfield hospital or any other Banfield location. These people DO NOT care about your pet, all they care about is making money. We were with Banfield for years but my dogs heartless veterinarian (Dr **) never told us that he had a collapsed trachea. She said he had a “heart murmur”, nothing else. If I knew my dog had a collapsed trachea, I never would have agreed to him getting anesthesia/his teeth cleaned. My dog turned blue during his last teeth cleaning and he was never the same.

My dog could not eat or drink for DAYS before he died, I had to try an keep him hydrated by giving him water through a mini syringe. The hospital paid his hospital bill + paid for his medicine bc they knew it was their fault. My dog died On January 18th 2019, he died in my arms struggling to breath. Do you know how traumatizing that is! My entire body hurt for weeks, I could not sleep for days, I had panic attacks in the middle of the night, I called out of work bc I could not function. My dog was my son and they took him from me for no reason other than greed and carelessness. Dr ** and the veterinarians that knew my dog was at risk but never spoke up, are the coldest/nastiest people I have ever dealt with. If you love your pet, run from Banfield! Others have told me that Banfield caused their dog's death, don’t be fooled.

Original review: April 29, 2019

My senior dog has been on Banfield Wellness - Optimum Plan for a very long time. In the beginning, I had no complaints. Preventative shots, comprehensive exams, dental cleaning...etc. As he is getting older, he oftentimes doesn’t feel well despite the weekly laser treatments he receives at another veterinarian hospital because Banfield does not offer this. Last week, my 12 year old Pom wasn’t feeling well; slight temperature, slower to move and having difficulties rising up from the floor. I called Banfield to see if I can bring him in and I was informed that they do not have an appointment until Wednesday.

Mind you, I called Banfield on a Monday. Needless to say I took my baby to another hospital where he receives his weekly laser treatment. They want me to drop him off when it’s comprehensive exam time so they can fill him up with unnecessary injections but when he isn’t feeling well they can’t squeeze him in. My renewal is coming up but I will not renew. Not to mention the service we receive upon arrival is not courteous at all. The techs act like they would rather be somewhere else. I’ve already cancelled one wellness plan for my rescue baby because they refuse to put the muzzle on a 14lb Pom. I take him to another hospital and they tell me it’s their responsibility to put the muzzle on; not the customer. Stay away from Banfield!

Original review: April 29, 2019

My dog has a tumor. We have known this for a while. She scratched the tumor and it was bleeding. I was planning on having it removed but Banfield demanded that I have it biopsied before surgery. I told them I was not going to be aggressive with her treatment since she is elderly. They told me they needed special permission to remove the tumor without a biopsy. Her tumor was scabbing over nicely and I was awaiting the permission to schedule surgery. Unfortunately she scratched at the tumor again and started bleeding profusely. I called and they said to bring her in.

I brought her in and they did literally nothing. They sent me to a different vet. The other vet said they would do surgery but it would cost me 3,000 dollars. I have health insurance for my pet but it only covers Banfield. So I called Banfield back and at this point fine I will pay to have it biopsied just do the surgery. Banfield tells me they will not do the surgery. I am stuck with a bleeding dog and no choice but to pay 3,000 dollars to help my pet. I am canceling my health insurance with Banfield and I expect some kind of monetary refund.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Would like to let you know how dreadful, unprofessional, unconsidered, rude, caring not was the vet to my pet and my family on 4/9/19 2 pm appointment when we brought gravely ill cat named Niky. He was to be put to sleep and upon making appointment answered all questions and NOBODY asked if he has recently had rabies shot. Upon arrival and checked in were asked by receptionist if he had recently vaccine and when she reported to vet he does not even showed his face or talked or examined or care but said, "NO help, die on your own no good cat."

How a human, that he thinks he is, to be caring and curing and look up to welfare of the animals could be so unconsidered. My poor baby was suffering and NOBODY told us in advance not to come because sick pet need to have a vaccine that due to illness he cannot take. I wish I could take this vet not license away and seriously consider to take this office/company to court. My many wishes that this no doctor has many his own pets and nobody helped them as needs arise, and he would feel the same devastation as my family and I felt. 3413 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452.

Original review: April 22, 2019

When I first went there it was ok. Then when my dog got hurt. We worked with the doctor to try to help her. The doctor made she my dog got taken away from us. Everybody beware of that hospital. They did nothing to help my dog. Now my dog is gone.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Brought my dog Duke to see about his teeth as he was getting older and needed a cleaning. Tried to sign me up for a wellness plan I didnt want. Kept insisting I needed and and were flat out rude saying that I'm not caring for my dog so I said screw it and left. Did some research and found out even if your animal does die will STILL HOLD YOU TO THE CONTRACT. Screw them. They dont care about you or your animal.

Original review: April 20, 2019

My 2 cats had treatable hyperthyroidism and was managed but the doctors above told me that my oldest went blind and would never gain her sight back again. I later took to her to another vet for a second opinion and was told that she has extremely high blood pressure of 268/164. Normal is 120 over 80. I asked the Banfield vet why was this not taken care of. She comes back to me and says there is no reason for her to have regular blood pressure checks since she is fine. Oh really, hmm. She went blind, her bp was out of control. She died in my arms on Christmas day due to this issue.

Then my second baby became very ill due to the same issue of extremely high blood pressure and also almost died. She had a slight heart attack and was monitored closely by a new vet. I am lucky she survived. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THAT YOU TAKE YOUR BABIES HERE OR TO ANY OF THEM. We trust vets to take care of our babies and what happens? They kill them!!! Please do not go there. They also rip you off with the cost of the plans.

Original review: April 15, 2019

Just think in money!!! I have the plan for 13 years and when I really need, they can’t make anything.... I lost my dog last year and I had to recur to VCA. Now I have my other dog sick, I bring to another hospital for an ultrasound, she is in pain, but the doctor no have time to review the ultrasound... only in the appointment 1 week later. Bad hospital.

Original review: April 9, 2019

When we got a puppy from a local shelter he had already received half his shots. My wife took him to get the rest of his shots at Banfield in El Cajon CA, they suckered her into getting the puppy plan for $40 a month. I did my research and If you get everything they offer in the plan separately you're still going to pay a few hundred more in the long run. Once you join you are entered into a contract (they don’t tell you this when they are glorifying their wellness plans) if you want to cancel it’s a couple hundred dollars... we decided to ride out the 12 month contract and cancel the renew via their website. We received an email confirmation.

Fast forward to March 23 2019, we were auto renewed regardless of canceling. We called customer service, once they find out you're calling about canceling you are treated terribly, no surprise there. We finally got someone on the phone and were told that we had renewed in person at our local Banfield. We called our local Banfield and they have no record of us renewing through them. The lady we talked to called the headquarters and said they have NO proof of us renewing so they would LET us cancel since we didn’t use the services. But won’t refund us for the last payment... Wellness plan is a rip off. If you don’t care about your money this is the place for you. They would love to scam it right out of your hands!

Banfield Pet Hospital Company Information