1.40/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1791 Banfield Pet Hospital Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

We have had our two dogs for a little over a year now, and we have been taking them to Banfield on a regular basis for simple things like regular shots and what not. No big deal, never had any odd experiences except for this last time. After the shots, they supposedly performed a SNAP test on one of our dogs to test for heartworms (we didn't witness the test), and the test supposedly came back positive. And of course, we thought this was extremely odd considering we've never missed a single monthly heartworm prevention dosage for either of our dogs, so we insisted that they repeat the test. So, again, apparently they repeated it and the result was the same. So, we paid extra for them to take a blood sample from our dog so they could send it to a lab for testing, and then left. The following weekday, we took our dog to a local vet to get him tested for a second opinion. And of course, there was nothing wrong with our dog.

The test came back negative. SO, fast forward 2 weeks later, we never hear from Banfield. No test results. So we gave them a call. Well guess what? They told us that the sample they sent to the lab got lost in transit! And that's when we just lost it on them. We insisted our money back and told them the results were bogus from the beginning and they know it. These people are absolutely clueless and the organization is crooked. They knew what they were doing by falsifying test results and lying to the customer. This could have gotten really bad if they denied us a refund. We will NEVER be going back there again. I would highly advise anyone to stay far away from these crooks.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Should your pet pass away, you will continue paying a wellness plan even if you don’t utilize the services. Our pet passed away a month after it renewed and we paid for a plan for a pet that was dead for a year. If you think that your visits will be free, you are mistaken. You always end up leaving with a balance for something. It’s cheaper to pay out of pocket for an annual visit to your vet.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

We have had wellness plans for over 15 years and have watched not only the service but also the coverage decline. Twice now in the past year we have been turned away for a minor emergency and told to go to the emergency vet. The office staff at our location is rude and uncaring. This time we canceled our wellness package and even though we have not used services since renewal due to the office being unable to see us we were refused a refund. So even though by no fault of our own services have not rendered they are still keeping our payments.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I purchased a Early Wellness Plan for my puppy. Sadly and unfortunately my puppy spent two days in a pet hospital and after no improvement in her condition we had to make the very difficult decision to say goodbye and euthanized. This was an extremely difficult time for us. I called to cancel my 12 month wellness plan because we no longer had our dog. The operator was very apologetic and gave her condolences but then proceeded to tell me all they could do was charge me for 5 instead of 8 more months. I know they have a business to run but if I am no longer using your services because my dog has passed, the least you could do is allow the customer to cancel the plan. I had the pet hospital bill as proof of my dog’s time there and passing. I wish companies would be more sympathetic in situations like these. It’s unfortunate they are not.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

These doctors are inefficient, incompetent, and extremely negligent. My dog was having vomiting and BLOODY diarrhea. For a whole MONTH, I took him to them about THREE times. They couldn't find what was wrong with him. Of course, all they needed to do was a simple blood test to determine what was the cause. However, instead they were VERY adamant and kept insisting he was fine. They kept prescribing him a bunch of medications which made him WORSE and of course not knowing what was the cause. Finally after 3 fecal exams and a bunch of money and time wasted, I went for a SECOND opinion, it turned out my dog had a TUMOR in his LIVER. My dog is dead because of them. I am extremely LIVID at how negligent these doctors are. Please guys don't waste your time and money with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banfield Pet Hospital?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Our dog was attacked by another dog. Our vet was unable to do an urgent care appointment so we took him to Banfield. He had a laceration repair and was at the facility for 4.5 hours. Ten days later when we were able to remove his sutures and bathe him we found he had a louse infestation. He was treated by our regular veterinarian.

He is a 9-year-old German Shorthair. We have owned him since he was 7 weeks old and he has never had lice, fleas or ticks. He does not go to dog parks or have play dates. He is an indoor dog and lives in a very sanitary environment. The only place he could have become infested was during his 4.5 hour stay at Banfield. When we called to talk with them about this their receptionist was very rude. She tried to deny that the paperwork from our Vet stated definitively that he did indeed have a louse infestation. My vet called Banfield and faxed our paperwork to them. It took three days for the manager to call me back and he said I could not prove it happened while he was there for his laceration repair so they will do nothing to rectify the situation. I will never return to them and would encourage others to steer clear.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I took my dog in for an upset stomach and rash. The assistant first suggested we do a blood test. Ok, I want to be thorough, so I agreed. Then she says the total cost will be about $350, but if I signed up for the Wellness Plan, it would be $150. I declined. Then the doctor came in, listened to the details of his symptoms, and took him into the back area for an exam. When he came back he said the blood tests looked good, though there was a slight elevation in a liver enzyme. He quickly suggested a supplement for his liver and added that he would give him a shot for nausea. I had already told the doctor that my dog's appetite was fine and he drove happily in the car ride, so I questioned to myself why that was necessary.

The doctor then left, leaving the assistant to let me know that the bill for the day was now $750. The nausea medication turned out to be **, which they charged me $200 for. But if I wanted that Wellness Plan, it would be $350. I declined the antioxidant supplement prescribed for the liver enzyme, which lowered the bill by $100. So an upset stomach turned into a $750 bill. I feel that the doctor and assistant had a pre-arranged hustle in which the doctor would casually call out some prescriptions and procedures, leave the room, then have the assistant say how much it would cost.

Without the doctor present it's much more difficult to discuss why any of this was necessary. I'm not using the word "fraud" here, but I left feeling that the doctor and assistant had a premeditated hustle to extract as much money out of me as possible. They exploited my love for my dog to get as much money from me as possible. Banfield Pet Hospital's business plan is devoid of ethics.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

My Sad Story, we schedule our dog (Hachi) for grooming and get her shots at PetSmart Banfield Pet hospital on November 20, 2018. We got a call at 2:58 pm that she were ready for pickup. And we were on the way to pick up Hachi, we got second call that Hachi somehow got out and run away and hit by a car. She died at the scene. How could they let my dog got out? They said they will do investigations into the case. Their lack of responsibility, I lost my family member.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Stay away from this company. They will reward customer loyalty with condescension and fees that magically are due when you cancel. I am easily swayed into understanding policy that requires extra payments when you cancel if the rep is able to conduct themselves professionally. I had the distinct displeasure of speaking with Joshua of the Wellness Plan Dept.

After explaining why I was upset at the arrangement he decided to take it upon himself to tell me I was incorrect and elaborate on my life choices, insinuations about neglect of my dogs' care (They are like kids and need care he tells me. Thanks Sherlock.) and general ignorance of what is essentially a ridiculous plan designed to make it frustratingly hard to get free of without feeling aggrieved. Stick with your local vet, ignore this sham company. Level of care and service is inept, customer service is on another disastrous universe. I hope their reps stay loyal in their roles, it gives me satisfaction to know they will go on to do GREAT things from there.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I am very frustrated with Banfields Wellness Plan!!! I would suggest that you NEVER sign up for the plan. They make it sound so great but they don’t actually explain how it works and how much it is actually going to be. They also say you can cancel ANYTIME!! That is a lie. I have called their customer service line (which took me seven calls to finally reach anyone) to call and cancel and they told me I can’t till the end of my coverage. I feel as if I have been lied to and that I am just a way to get money and not really looking out for me or my animals!!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I have two dogs who I care very much for so I was convinced to get a wellness plan for each of my dogs. I have been with Banfield over two years now. At first they were very helpful. They called to set up vaccinations when the pups were due. The plans included teeth cleanings once a year for each dog. Now that I have given them $114.00/month for both of my pets for over two years things have become more laxed. They no longer call to set up appointments when my pets vaccines are coming due. Causing them to lapse in continuous treatment.

They told my wife that dental cleanings were no longer a part of our plan. Whenever I call to get my dog into see a vet, they're always booked out at least a week. Now to top it off they claim we're under an "automatically renewed" contract. An "Evergreen Clause" if you will. Customer service is terrible at best. I would not recommend anyone sign up for one of these plans with Banfield. I wish I never had.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I took my dog into Banfield in Crystal Lake. She was very sick, though they never gave me the option to have her put down and said the medication should work. They gave her a diuretic injection that would last till 10 pm and said they’d call in a script, at close, at 7 pm. The medication was to expel the water in her lungs, stomach and around her heart. I called Walgreens at 8:06 pm and they had not received the script. I called Banfield and left a concerned message about it. I called Walgreens back at 8:20. There was no script. Banfield claimed they called the script in at 8:25 pm. Yet, they never bothered to call me to tell me they sent it in, and they never put a rush on it so it sat, unfilled, at Walgreens as of 7 am when I was able to contact the animal hospital at opening. My dog was dead this morning and it was due to their negligence.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I had taken my Dog over to Banfield Animal Hospital twice. First visit wasn't that bad. This past week I went back one of the tech as well as the Doctor who seemed like she didn't know what to do about my dog seemed to a lot of pressure about eye surgery first. She claimed my dog has cataracts and glaucoma. She was pressuring me about having both of my dogs eyes removed. The cost for the procedure is ridiculous. These people are all money hungry. I went for second opinion. It seemed like the specialist whose not ophthalmologist was in favor of Banfield vet Dr **. I found another vet. I am going for a 3 rd opinion at a private vet. The staff was rude all a bunch of snot noses who don't know what they are doing.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

A stray cat that was believed to be a pregnant female was presented for examination at Banfield Pet Hospital (Wesley Chapel location). In the course of the exam the doctor, Dr. Matthew **, even went as far as to say he could feel the cat’s uterus. X-rays, although declined at the time of the initial exam, were recommended in order to “confirm the pregnancy.” Additionally, the cat was found to be FIV positive. Dr. Matthew ** stated that normally they would euthanize in this case but since the cat was so far along in her pregnancy that he did not recommend euthanasia in this situation. Weeks passed and no kittens arrived. Having become concerned that the cat may have miscarried and needed surgery we requested a second exam. Banfield was overbooked that day so we took the cat to another local vet. This vet immediately diagnosed the cat as a neutered MALE (with a distended abdomen), and therefore obviously NOT pregnant.

It concerns me greatly that Dr. ** could have performed an exam (which we paid $48.95 for) and not have correctly identified the sex of the feline. I made several visits/phone calls to Banfield over the course of several weeks and was told each time that I would be contacted by the office manager, Veronica **, to discuss. At no point was I ever contacted. The fact that there has been no follow up makes it clear to me that they have no interest in admitting or discussing the error. My main concern at this point is that perhaps this is a veterinarian that should not be practicing. I would love to have discussed the situation with them. Perhaps they could have helped me to understand how such an error might have occurred. However, since they have declined my repeated attempts to discuss I have decided that leaving a review is necessary in order to warn potential clients of the negligence that Dr. ** and the Banfield practice have shown.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

My sad story: We went to Banfield and 10 days later my dog, Dug (~8 year old Rottweiler), was dead. He died from what they said was a surgical complication. What does that mean? Dug had surgery that was made to sound simple but later we found out the vet we were talking to didn't even have the experience to do this surgery, so they gave Dug over to another Dr to do the surgery (we had not even talked with that Dr). No one ever talked with us about outcome statistics, euthanizing options, or risks. After the fact, we found out that this was a MAJOR surgery and one person at the office told us they don't do a lot of major surgeries. From what I could read online at Dug's age the outcome of this type of surgery was 50/50. You should tell patients this!!! But why would they? They racked up over $2k in billings with us. What do we have to show for our $2k, a dead dog.

It gets worse. After the surgery he was so drugged up for a few days we could not tell if he was better or not. He was eating and using the bathroom but could barely move. Then he stopped eating and got really bloated in his midsection. The vet was calling each day to check on Dug and we told them he cannot move and was bloated, not eating or drinking so they recommended bringing him back in.

So we brought him back in, twice over two days, and they said he was fine and not dying. Dug would not get up, looked awful, but the vet gave him an ultrasound and gave him fluids under his coat to hydrate him Then told us to start force feeding him with syringes and special food that they sell. Now we are out even more money. After the second follow-up visit, they stopped calling to check on Dug. I believe they knew at this point something was wrong. They assured us "he is not dying". But he was and the next 5 days or so were cruel.

Dug only got up to use the restroom and lived the next 5 days splayed out on the floor, so sad. We had to force feed him and make him choke down their special food and as many as 12 pills a day. Dug did not want to eat and would shake in fear every time we tried to feed him. I lost 3 vacation days because I had to stay home to help feed Dug because it was a 2 person job every few hours. It was not easy to force feed a Rottweiler when he doesn't want to eat.

Finally, I said enough was enough and not how I want to remember my time with my dog. We brought him back in and this time they agreed he was not ok and was dying and put him down. Even sadder for my kids who had to watch all of this unfold. My youngest still cries most night as he thinks about his dog who looked so sick, scared, and splayed out on the floor.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I am just a pet owner that got drove in to purchasing the wellness plan from the Banfield Pet Hospital at one of their facilities in West Palm Beach Florida. Long story short they play nice and sweet roles to get you enrolled. After that get ready to be literally ripped off by them. Make sure you read the all the documents and paperwork they give you because in it goes your real wellness dude. I tried to cancel the plan forehand the expiration of the agreement and they wanted to make my wife and me for the entire year contract installment. I got seriously mad with the first lady I talked to on the phone.

I ended up keeping the plan even though I will not renew for the next period. I am rating them one star because there is not a lower rate. I only have one good thing to say about them and that is the customer service rep I got on my second time on the phone. Jeanise I believe her name is. She did great with me and calmed me down in a very respectful and professional tone. Other than that DON'T TAKE YOUR PET TO THEM!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Banfield has always been great with our pets. They took care of my cat when he had hypothyroidism and when he developed kidney disease. He plays like a kitten now every day at 16yo. Our dog was so loved by our vet she cried when she saw bone cancer on the X-ray. We had the X-ray done because he had a limp that wouldn't go away. He had wonderful treatment even up to his last day. I am shocked to see all the negative reviews. Banfield wellness only charges for services rendered. Since our dog passed we have to pay the remainder of the bill, not the plan. The plan was $60/mo and now we have to pay 47 monthly which will pay off only the services they administered. I wouldn't go to another vet!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I've been paying the wellness plan for years, far more the the value of the shots. Now that my dog has passed away, they are trying to charge us hundreds of dollars of FUTURE payments to cancel the plan. They do not care about the pet or wellness. They are trying to get the most money out of our tragedy.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

DO NOT TAKE YOUR PET HERE. These people are horrible, money hungry individuals. I made an appointment to take my dog in because she had a small growth on her back. When I got there I was in the room for under 5 minutes with Dr. Aber and her miserable assistant/office manager, which nobody could give me any information because the appropriate department wasn't there because it was a Sunday. I was told they couldn't help me at all because they would have to put my dog under anesthesia, which I will not allow as she is an 11 yo Yorkie (which btw, our old vet took one of these off without anesthesia).

Even though they not only couldn't help, but they couldn't even give an estimate they sure as hell charged me $50 to do absolutely NOTHING. Why are you making appointments on a Sunday when you don't have the appropriate people on staff to do the job. I will tell you why they do it, so they can charge you to do absolutely nothing. I am also assuming they "can't" take the growth off without anesthesia because where would they make their money? I am absolutely disgusted with this place. Not only their greed and shady business practices, but they weren't even nice people.

Resolution response: Oct. 31, 2018

I received a very heartfelt, warming phone call from Banfield first this morning and they are going to lower our plan cost so I won't be paying for the spay twice! Resolved with great customer service and concern for our situation!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I signed our puppy up for the Early Care Plus Optimum Wellness Plan that includes the spay surgery. She unfortunately has to have surgery at a different hospital (since Banfield doesn't do this surgery) for a liver shunt. It makes sense to only perform surgery on a tiny puppy once if at all possible so we are getting her spay done at the same time. I called the 800 number and was informed that they can only change our plan by shutting down the current one which requires a payment of over $400 and resigning a new contract. I have simply asked them to not charge us for a service they will not be providing and was blatantly told no, not without extra charges. We are already $7000 into surgeries and visits with this poor puppy and I cannot believe Banfield cannot provide another option in instances like this. Go to a reputable vet who is more concerned with your puppy's well being than the money they can steal out of your pocket!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

From the start it has been a nightmare. My puppy had a UTI. That's all. They never gave her enough meds to get rid of it. She was on meds off and on for 3 months. They sent us to an expensive Urologist which said nothing was wrong. Give her a longer dose of antibiotics. So we did. BTW they are overpriced with their drugs. Then she was ok for about a week. Then she got diarrhea. She then needed probiotics. They should have known what all those antibiotics would do to her system. Then she had blood in her poop and I couldn't get an appointment for 2 weeks. Yes two weeks!

They are booked so far ahead you have to take your dog to another vet. They suck the money out of you and it cost you more than their plan does. They are not nice either. You can call corporate but it does no good. You are stuck for a whole year paying monthly payments. I give her the monthly heartworm meds and out of the blue they tell me she has to be seen. That they don't have a record of her ever having it before. That was a fight that I finally won by calling corporate. They do not keep good records. You can see it yourself online. Don't do it. I'm warning you. They are a rip off!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I took my dog in for sleeping too much and a rash. The only thing that got addressed was the rash, nothing else... I just my dog off without a limp. Get him back and he is limping. No one could give me a reason to what happened under their care!! And to top it off they want me to pay for the pain meds for something they did!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Banfield Vet in South Salt Lake City, UT sold my elderly father in law an Optimum Preventive Plan six months ago for his old terrier mix dog. A one year contract paid monthly. $50 per month + $40 membership fee = $640. From what was described to me, this covers an annual visit (Blood Work, Fecal Exam, & Shots) + 2 dental cleanings. The dog had to be euthanized 6 months later, at which time he was charged $84, as euthanasia is not covered by "Wellness Plan"...and he is still being charged monthly. Office politely tells him to take a hike & call national office. National office says a contract is a contract. WHAT A SCAM!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Been a 3 yr customer with 2 pets, a cat and dog. Renewed in April 2018 and no hospitals up here. When I joined they say, "You can take your pet to and Banfield, they are all over the country". Well there are none in Alaska. I tried to cancel and they refuse. Demand the remainder be paid in full.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

We’ve been going back and forth trying to decide whether or not to have a liver biopsy done for our Yorkie. Well we finally decided to go ahead with it. So this morning, I take our sweet little Yorkie to Banfield, she’s weighed and then the guy checking her in puts the necklace name tag on her. Then proceeds to “tear” the excess off. I didn’t think to look at her neck then or to question as to why he didn’t use scissors to cut it off, because it didn’t seem to bother her at the time. Probably because I was holding her.

Well about an hour later I receive a phone call asking if I could shed some light on the bruise on her neck. I replied bruise on her neck?? What bruise?? (As there was nothing at all there before I dropped her off today). They said I would get a call back if there were any other questions. Well an hour went by and I didn’t get a call, so I decided to call them. I’m put on hold for a minute then the Dr. gets on the phone and tells me that due to the bruise on the neck and the fact that they don’t know if it was from this morning or if there’s some sort of an issue with her ability to clot, that they are not going to do the surgery and that I could come get her.

I get there and the Dr. explains this all again and then goes to bring her out to me so that I can see the bruise and she can tell me what to watch for. When I saw the bruise I immediately felt my heart sink. I think to myself what have they done?!? She says to make sure it doesn’t get any bigger. On the drive home I couldn’t stop thinking about the pain that she could be in and what else that they could have done to her. I wanted to take measurements so that I would know if it indeed got bigger over time. Well in order to do that, I needed to shave the area of her neck... after I got done shaving the area I was blown away at what I could see! It was so much worse than it looked while I was at Banfield.

I decided to take her back to Banfield and show them what they had done and also ask the vet what she thought of it now that she could see what they had done. They all appeared to be slightly shocked, I’m sure it was in part by the fact of how bad it looked, but also the fact that I was back there and that I had gone the extra mile to really make sure that her neck was going to be ok. She explained that she still thinks I just need to monitor the area and report back if things change. I can’t believe that in the end, they did nothing but hurt our baby. DO NOT TAKE YOUR PET TO BANFIELD!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Every time my mom would take her girls in for a wellness check, one of them always was sick the next day. They both had a reaction with the shot in the same spot. The last wellness check, our dog was happy and active. When she came back she was not the same as before. She stopped eating and wasn't drinking water that much. We could not figure out how come she was not the same anymore. My mom called and they told her she would have to do blood work for valley fever and or xrays for her hips. She might have arthritis. My mom didn't have that much money to do either options.

We would give Crystal Pedialyte because she was not doing much of anything. It only helped for a few days. In the end she stopped everything. Her last day she was having seizures and no control of her bladder either. We took her to the emergency pet clinic and had her put down. To this day, the vet from Petsmart has not called in regard to Crystal. What really happened to Crystal? How can it be that she was okay and now gone?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I bought a puppy coupon book from Petsmart Braintree MA as cashier in Petsmart sold me this coupon book. I went to Banfield with coupon book. During the conversation with nurse, she highly recommended me to get puppy wellness plan with all the "benefit" my puppy can get from this plan. So, I agreed to get it as I think Banfield is national-wide hospital, I believe it is reliable. After the exam, the vet and nurse suggested me to gave my puppy a shot. I agreed, so they told me to put my puppy on the desk and they went out to get shot. When they back and opened the door a, my puppy fell down from the desk all of sudden. The vet checked my puppy and told me if anything happens later, bring puppy to the emergency room. Then they gave my puppy a shot and took his poop out for exam. They told me all the services are included in the plan which include unnecessary services I didn't know.

My puppy passed away two weeks later because his fell in Banfield. I called to cancel the plan, then they want me to pay extra $150 for the " services". I have paid $98.8 for membership and first month payment. The worst part was, the manager yielded at me in the phone and told me when puppy fell, the nurse and vet was away to get shot?! I knew Banfield has camera in the office, please looked at the record again, my puppy was fell down in front vet and nurse!!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Had Banfield for about 4 years for my dog: It was very impersonal experience, my dog was always super-stressed about being dragged back out of site while they did whatever. So I asked to be in the office: Following that service time was horrible: Appointment opportunities were few and far between. (Although the person's that waited on us once we were able to get in were nice and friendly). Then when his teeth were cleaned they gave him too much something and they couldn't wake him up: Scared us enough to cancel the dental part of the plan.

Now that the dental is cancelled, we have been hesitating whether or not to go back. His spring check-up was unsatisfactory: No explanation for lumps and bumps except 'fatty' tissue. We found a vet closer that is friendly, personal, and is able to be flexible when the dogs have issues. We now want to cancel the Banfield plan effective of our original contract date but they are charging us an extra 9 months because they say our plan date changed when we cancelled the dental (when they almost killed our dog). We will not use the service in the next 9 months: We don't trust them but they insist on getting the free money after their poor dental performance. It seems like a good plan on the outset, but you get mixed in with the masses and if you want personal, quality service for your animals go somewhere else!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I had been with Banfield for 22 years. I had just renewed my plan for my three dogs. One of them became ill so I took him in. He had diarrhea and hadn't eaten in a couple of days. They did blood work and his liver enzymes were elevated. The vet said that he would need an ultrasound. I had lost my Yorker about six years prior to liver cancer, and they had performed an ultrasound, and it was also on their brochure and their website. My sister also had her dog at the same Banfield four months prior and her dog had an ultrasound as well. So I decided to up his plan noting the ultrasound would be included, and my plan would be an extra $15 per month.

Once I signed everything I was told that they don’t do ultrasounds. What? They don’t do ultrasounds. A basic procedure for a dog? A procedure that has been done prior, that was on their brochures and their website. Why didn’t they tell me before signing the paperwork? Then, they proceeded to tell me I need to go to Blue Pearl an emergency vet about 15 minutes down the road because they are getting ready to close. Ok? So I get my sick pup in the car, they fax over the bloodwork (mind you I’m pissed), and I get there, and I explain the situation and they put me and my dog into a room. They check him out and then they tell me they don’t have an ultrasound tech and that I would need to come back tomorrow???

I’m in tears and they also charge me $320. Mind you Banfield sent me there. I take my sweet boy home and by then he is really sick. I’m up all night, and I put a post on Facebook. I go to another vet that was suggested and had high ratings. I get the ultrasound that afternoon, only to find out that my sweet dog has pancreatic and liver cancer. By then he had started to turn yellow. He’s little and only weighed 7 pounds. I had to put him to sleep. What kind of vet charges you a wellness plan $55 per month, and only provides you with vaccinations and basic care? They are not a vet anymore. They are basic. A money machine.

I stopped payment for all three plans. I called them several times and explained what happened. They were very sympathetic. But they did nothing. They still wanted my money. For a full year. Even though they costed me money by sending me to a vet that couldn’t perform a procedure they couldn’t, and the vet they sent me to couldn’t. They are horrible!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I had gotten the plan in June. We had to move and couldn’t have animals so I had given him a better home. Called Banfield to cancel my plan in July. Have been charged every month since even though they said it was canceled. Now I’m out 220 dollars that they refuse to give back.

Banfield Pet Hospital Company Information