3.48/5
Based on 1,070 ratings submitted in the last year

1896 Banfield Pet Hospital Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 26, 2019

Dr. ** is a wonderful Veterinary, working for Banfield Pet Hospital in Las Vegas, Nevada. Primarily at the Nellis location. She is always going out of her way to take care of your fur baby. Today, July 26, 2019, my baby woke up screaming. I woke my wife up, and we called Banfield. They were able to give him an appointment, but not with Dr. ** because she was completely booked. After we dropped Munch off, to our surprise, Dr. ** gave us a call to let us know what seems to be the problem with Munch, and a plan to take care of him. We trust Dr. ** immensely with our 4 fur babies. Today, we live in a society that revolves around how much money we should make and not how to help others. Don't take me wrong, Banfield charges us for their services, which I don't mind, as long as we have a compassionate doctor taking care of my fur babies, like Dr. **.

Original review: March 12, 2019

We own dog training and boarding kennels, Angels in the Infield training and boarding and would trust no one else except Doctor ** and her staff! Never a long wait. Answers all phone calls and questions in the same day, if not within the hour. We recommend them to all our customers. We receive no money or discounts from any of our vendors, just so that we can judge them on their own merits. Banfield in Aurora OHIO is awesome!

Get expert buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Banfield has always been great with our pets. They took care of my cat when he had hypothyroidism and when he developed kidney disease. He plays like a kitten now every day at 16yo. Our dog was so loved by our vet she cried when she saw bone cancer on the X-ray. We had the X-ray done because he had a limp that wouldn't go away. He had wonderful treatment even up to his last day. I am shocked to see all the negative reviews. Banfield wellness only charges for services rendered. Since our dog passed we have to pay the remainder of the bill, not the plan. The plan was $60/mo and now we have to pay 47 monthly which will pay off only the services they administered. I wouldn't go to another vet!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

My dog was injured in an accident and needed emergency surgery. The staff at Banfield Pet Hospital were attentive and very caring. Even though they were not able to do his surgery they were able to quickly get us to a hospital that could. They even loaned us their stretcher to transport him safely to the next hospital. Thank you for helping Shadow.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I am extremely dissatisfied with Banfield. My dog died during the plan year upon which I had made 5 payments to-date. These crooks told me I needed to pay 300+ dollars to cancel my plan or simply continue payments through February of 2020. That is incredibly absurd. I will never again put another pet on a Banfield Wellness Plan. Do not trust them with your pet's healthcare needs. The overall service is subpar as well. Purchase health insurance instead and find a local reliable vet. THEY ARE CROOKS. PERIOD. I WILL NOT pay a plan for my pet who has passed away.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banfield Pet Hospital?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

We signed up with this company for our dog and they misdiagnosed him with Parvo... TWICE!!! I had to do the research and figure out what he had and demand that they check for Parvo before they would admit that he had it. Then, when I decided to cancel, apparently what NO ONE bothered to tell me is that they trick you into their 1 year contract agreement. They told me it was month to month. I will be canceling my debit card and they can go screw themselves. I HATE shady companies like this and I will NEVER pay them another dime. EVER!!! I will go to Petco from now on or anywhere else for that matter. PetSmart needs to get their act together and cancel their contract with this shady company. It is going to lose PetSmart a lot of business the way Banfield works.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

My 4 lb chihuahua has been with Banfield for a couple of years now. She is on the plan that includes a dental cleaning and really that's the only reason I buy this plan for the dental cleaning because they are expensive and I can pay monthly rather than all at once. I have 2 dogs so it can be costly. Her plan renewed in March 2019 and I made an appointment for her exam, blood work in order to schedule her dental which she really needed. After the exam I was told by the vet (seems like I get a different vet every time which I hate) that she detected a slight heart murmur and Peaches would not be eligible for her dental until this is evaluated. Then they told me I could upgrade my plan to the plan that includes X-rays and they could evaluate her heart. So I upgraded and they took X-rays and I was told to come back in 4 days to get the results which was more like 10 days because of lame excuses on Banfield part.

WARNING. This is what I failed to ask and they did not mention this to me either. When the results came back that Peaches has a slightly enlarged heart she still was not going to get her dental because now she is a risk and they told me that I would have to go to a heart specialist $100 for the visit and get a ultrasound of the heart $450+ to clear her for anesthesia. So now I'm paying monthly for a plan that I cannot utilize fully because they refuse to do her dental but I'm paying for this monthly and they will not downgrade my plan to the basic plan because I got X-rays. They told me the only way they can do that is if I pay for the services that I already used as cash pay. X-rays 450 exam, vaccinations, blood work. I set my plan to not renew. My dog still needs a dental. No guarantee that if I take Peaches to a heart specialist that he will clear her either. Lesson learned.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I signed up for the wellness plan based on recommendations from my sister who works at Banfield. The employees are required by Banfield to sell or recommend the plans to visitors. I signed up and barely used any services. They charge you $20 fee/month for any late payments, which is a ridiculously expensive late fee on the $40 monthly. On top of that, they charged me twice within a two week period when I requested to have the payment date changed. I called their hotline and was told there's nothing they can do for that change, but they'll waive late fee this time.

Tried to cancel the plan but they said the plan covers a package deal on services with 40% off. if I cancel now that they would charge me the full 100% on services, which would be $600+ now. Or I wait to be charged for an additional 5 months, which would total $550+. The plans are also NOT the same as pet insurance. I knew this beforehand so was not bother by this. But many other people sign up thinking that it is. This means that any services that are not preventative care means that you will be charged out of pocket and is NOT covered. Very useless in my opinion. This is clearly a way to rip money off people who just want the best for their pets. Don't fall for their so-called "wellness plans".

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Don't purchase the wellness plan. It's a huge waste of time and money and they end up scamming you out of more money and make unauthorized charges on your card. They tell you the plan is for 1 year but keep charging beyond that and their prices are outrageous. Customer service is horrible. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company and get a normal vet.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

This is my second review of this terrible place. The first one appears to have been deleted, but it details their afternoon to charge me $800 for not getting my cat spayed. I had brought her in for a spayed that is included in the health plan I had purchased (which upon further research is really an expensive scam). It turned out she was pregnant. They had already begun the surgery, so they called and asked me what I wanted then to do (she was just adopted and only six months old). It was safer to let her have them, so that's what we decided. When I went to pick her up, they had me wait 30 minutes for an account specialist. They proceeded to explain that since they technically didn't do the spay, they had to charge me $800.

A back and forth that took an hour of them then calling corporate offices again and again finally resulted in me not paying anything. It was explained to me at one point that they couldn't simply count it as a day against my plan because it would be falsifying medical records and the doctor could lose their license. What a crock. So, fast forward to today. I brought her in to be spayed (You cannot get out of this yearly contract). The surgery was fine, but I had asked for them to give a pedicure while she was under. They said they would, and charged me for it. When I picked her up I asked again if they had done it. They claimed they had and included it in the bill. They didn't.

This morning I was trying to adjust her cone and got scratched up. I checked her nails, they haven't been done. It's also important to note how rude the entire staff is. They answer every question with a indignant tone. When I called today to tell them they hadn't done her nails, the girl put me on hold, without an apology, and got back on and simply said, "You can just bring her back in and have us do it". I'm typing here, but imagine that being said in a tone that would almost require gum smacking. 6 more months in this contract. I doubt I'll continue to use them, despite having paid for it.

Banfield Pet Hospital Company Information