Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Pets
  3. Pet Care

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.24/5
Based on 1,036 ratings submitted in the last year

Banfield Pet Hospital Reviews

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

14 Dec 2019 I visited the Banfield Pet hospital in Killeen TX with an sensitive matter at hand. There was one particular individual there who stood out to me. They cleaned my dog's property to return those items back to me. That evening I returned, this individual brought out all the wrong things but it was her compassion which stood out, trying to comfort me, even made an attempt to remember my other dog (priceless). I did not have the heart to tell her the errors. I felt her intention was sincere. The next day I returned to return their property and gather my correct belongings. Addressed and corrected accordingly. Even donated my dog's black frame cot which I felt would go for better use at the hospital. My overall experience 14-15 Dec 2019 was outstanding. Great team and customer service.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Banfield -9718 Katy Fwy. Houston, Tx. Professionals who love their jobs are a joy to behold. So many people don’t understand that our pets are an actual member of our family. Watching them suffer feels equally as anguishing as helplessly watching your child navigate their way through a nightmare of pain. Today as we walked through the doors at PetSmart, we accompanied our beautiful but wounded golden retriever named Nala to the banfield counter at the back of the store as she left a trail of blood with each step she took.

The care, compassion and professionalism Nala immediately received at the counter from the tech and then from nurse and doc clearly demonstrated that they are a talented team of tender hearted and highly trained miracle workers. Dr. ** and Nurse Emily treated Nala like she was their own daughter. I would recommend this location to any pet owner who loves their furry four legged family members. Dr. ** and Nurse Emily are the best!

Get expert buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Wanted to write a review about my experience with Banfield Brooklyn. We had an Australian Sheppard for 14 years, Bailey. He was part of the Family. We got him when my daughter was 4. Unfortunately Bailey became very ill over the years. We recently had to put him down. The care and service we received from the Banfield staff was unparalleled. Although it was a devastating experience for us to let go of our protector, the staff treated us with such care that the experience turned into a beautiful one that we will cherish in our hearts for the rest of our lives. Thank you Banfield Brooklyn! The ** Family.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I have a special needs dog with anxiety and digestive problems. I needed to switch vets since my dog was misdiagnosed at his prior vet. The basic dental here is only $275 (not including the labs & x-rays). I printed the free first visit coupon online to see if they could help me. My dog has broken off two of his long bottom canine teeth due to his severe separation anxiety biting on his crate over the past year. He must be crated due to he's destructive and could get a foreign body if left to his own devices.

Claire and Dr. ** made me feel comfortable, took all the time I needed, actually listened to me, and didn't pressure me by trying to up-sell. I think they are honest and are truly trying to help us. I expressed my concerns for cost and was offered a wellness plan which I purchased. They offered to put him on different medication to treat his anxiety.

To those who have given bad reviews they must not have understood that the wellness plan isn't insurance. Pet insurance usually doesn't cover preventative care. The wellness plan comes in three tiers. It doesn't cover everything but it covers a lot, includes discounts, and is customizable which I like. Instead it is spreading out the payments for preventative care over 12 months. You can choose a plan that includes a dental and can even add the flea/heartworm meds. If you cancel it you will owe the services rendered (makes sense to me). If you charged a vet bill on your credit card, you would still owe the balance even if your pet dies - this is the same concept.

It comes with an app that has 24/7 access to a real vet who can tell you if it's an emergency or if it can wait. I used that app the next day after my appointment and it is wonderful! I like the fact that they are open 7 days a week and the wellness plan comes with unlimited visits since my dog can get into trouble due to his severe anxiety and digestive problems. I can't even tell you how many times I have had to take my dog to the emergency vet and regular vet this year so this will save me money in the long run between the app, being open 7 days a week and having unlimited visits.

Mind you, this Active Care Plus wellness plan doesn't cover things like diagnostics or treatment for serious illness like cancer or injuries - it is just a way to save money and spread it out over time for routine care. Their highest tier plan does cover some diagnostic scans so that is an option to upgrade to if your pet gets older and needs it every year. You have to use the services to get the benefit of the wellness plans. I happen to need the services so this works very well for my situation. This clinic and wellness plan seems to be an answer to my prayers for my high maintenance pooch. This is the one in the Petsmart near Memorial on I-10.

Original review: July 26, 2019

Dr. ** is a wonderful Veterinary, working for Banfield Pet Hospital in Las Vegas, Nevada. Primarily at the Nellis location. She is always going out of her way to take care of your fur baby. Today, July 26, 2019, my baby woke up screaming. I woke my wife up, and we called Banfield. They were able to give him an appointment, but not with Dr. ** because she was completely booked. After we dropped Munch off, to our surprise, Dr. ** gave us a call to let us know what seems to be the problem with Munch, and a plan to take care of him. We trust Dr. ** immensely with our 4 fur babies. Today, we live in a society that revolves around how much money we should make and not how to help others. Don't take me wrong, Banfield charges us for their services, which I don't mind, as long as we have a compassionate doctor taking care of my fur babies, like Dr. **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banfield Pet Hospital?

Original review: March 20, 2020

Brought my 15 year old cat Furby in for teeth cleaning. Got up at 600am so I could be the first one there b/c he has separation anxiety, one of my cats died from that. He was supposed to be first. 5 hours later he was still sitting in his cage; they said they had trouble drawing blood; what crap. And when I asked why, the doctor said he had 10 cats to animals to juggle. That wasn't the plan. He broke his promise. In 14 years Furby had never sat in a cage for 5 hours wondering what happened to him. Then they increased the cost of my plan without my signature which they told me was required to increase it. I called corporate. Won't take him there again. The doctor flat out lied to me and broke his promise! He said he knew how I felt. NO, HE DIDN'T OR HE WOULDN'T HAVE PROMISED AND THEN BROKEN IT.

Original review: March 14, 2020

In the afternoon on March 5th I took my cat Riley for his comprehensive checkup that he was due for. When I got there they told me that he was due for shot as well so they took him in the back to give him shots and do blood work. When he was done they brought him back into the room and told me was healthy. Only thing was his glucose was above normal. The day after he was fine, running around, playing with the toys as usual.

Then then the weekend got here and he started to not act like himself. Then Sunday came. He started to just lay around. Would eat or drink which was unusual because he was known for a big eater. So Monday comes. I take him to his vet to see what was going on and they tell me his bladder was blocked and that I need to get him to the emergency vet.

So I took him there and it was too late. He was already too far gone and I had to put my baby down. He was only 2yrs old. The day after I had finally been able to look at the blood work and there was more than just his glucose that was above normal. He had like 6 other things above normal that they didn't explain anything. It just shook me cuz here it is a 2yr old cat. They tell me is healthy and literally 4 days after his appointment he's gone. I will never take any of my animals to this vet ever again and being that he's gone cuz I had him on a wellness plan I'm stuck paying that plan for the next year knowing they're the ones that probably killed my cat.

Original review: March 5, 2020

Avoid Banfield! Banfield continued to charge me 8 months of payments for my "pet wellness plan" AFTER my dog was euthanized in a Banfield office! Unjustifiable. Heartless. Greedy. Run run run, run run away!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I don't write reviews really at all. I just want to get the word out there that you should not sign up a plan with this place. We had our dogs signed up for a wellness plan at Ban field in Centennial, CO on University Blvd. The one vet just cares about trying to upsell you things your dog does not even need. We had a few problems there. First they took blood tests on our dog and she said she was concerned that it was cancer so we should do additional testing (which isn't included with the plan). We heard the word cancer so we set up another appointment to get it checked out. The vet who suggested this was suppose to do the visit we set up but ended up having to reschedule with another vet.

When we got in there with the different vet we explained what the other vet said was going on and he looked at us like we were crazy. He said all of the blood levels and cell count looked fine and no additional testing needed to be done. He didn't know why the vet before would even say that. That same vet who tried making that initial diagnosis charged us $32 for a nail trim because she said they needed 3 people to hold my dog down so it cost more. Are you serious? $32 for a nail trim? Should have gotten a 30 minute massage added with that.

The next problem was a mast cell tumor that they did a needle test and said that nothing was wrong with it and we didn't need to remove it. After all the problems we had going on with this place we decided to look for another vet. That vet suggested we remove the mast cell tumor and get it tested since it looked really bad. Once we get the results back we find out it is a very high grade tumor which was cancer. We canceled our wellness plan with Banfield and they tried saying it would cost us over $500 to cancel early. I told them that, "We don't trust you guys so why would we pay." Their response was ok it will just go to collections. Don't trust this place and don't pay them a dollar.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I had an appointment to drop off my new rescue, who is not leashed friendly at this point. I had to knock and wait for an attendant. I had a young Hispanic male, asking question after question, signing off twice, giving the generic name of the heart worm medication, meanwhile the 40lb is dog is tugging to to see everything. The attendant asked if I had problem. It escalated from that point, I asked to see the manager, who then stated he was justified, all the while this individual was interrupting the conversation, swinging his head around and wagging his finger. I had been in this office the night before spending over an hour with questions, computer work, etc for a simple office visit. The lengthy check in process along with rudeness has prompted me to find a new vet. I have spent a fortune at Banfield, no more. Don’t waste your time or money, find a profession office.

Banfield Pet Hospital Company Information