Banfield Pet Hospital

Compare Pet Care Companies

Research top Pet Care Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

6 days ago my dog has surgery on one of his paws to remove a lump. After been given him special care by not leaving his side at any second of the day, so he didn't hurt his stitches or band-aids a vet tech on Banfield decided to leave him unattended while, changing the band-aids so he ripped the stitches off. I am talking about I stayed down on the floor next to his bed for 17 hours at the time for 6 days, so this would never happen, but it did because a careless person decided that it was ok.

Now, I am suffering more because now it will take longer to recovered from his surgery. So I may lose my job because I can't leave his side. I am looking for legal advice to hold them accountable to this mistreatment to my dog or any other animal. I have been with Banfield for 11 years and this is not acceptable. Not only that they lie to you on products and medication that you need to get, when you don't but they don't take the blame for what it happened after they extremely had instructions of not to leave him alone while having his band-aids changed.

To say that I feel like I have been violated and misinformed is an understatement. I have been a consumer utilizing the Banfield Wellness Plan for several years. I have a service animal, CoCo Chanel, and my desire is to keep her well and healthy. Thus, I enrolled in the Banfield Wellness Plan. I am a senior citizen living on a fixed income. I had to alleviate some of my necessities to pay the monthly premium. I was residing in the Pacific Northwest where Banfield was accessible. I moved to Wisconsin in September and there is no Banfield Hospital. Therefore, I must take CoCo to a veterinarian in my area.

As a part of the wellness plan CoCo should receive an annual dental cleaning. I took her for her annual check up in August and the veterinarian did not do a dental cleaning. Needless to say, I called Banfield to cancel my plan. I was informed that I still owe them over $300.00. I was told that services are provided first and paid for monthly. I was not informed about this at my briefing of the wellness plan. Banfield refused to credit my account for not cleaning CoCo's teeth. In my opinion, this is consumer fraud, false misrepresentation and dishonesty. I strongly recommend that if anyone is considering a pet wellness plan that you do not select Banfield.

The Wellness Plan I was on save me a lot of money when I ran into health problems with my dog. If I didn't have the plan I would have paid double the price. A pet you care about with health problems is very expensive. After my puppy passed the Banfield customer service team worked with me and provided options to resolve my contract. I know there are many reviews that are negative on here. People are very emotional about their pets, as I was when mine died. Banfield was very consoling and helpful. I guess I had a different positive experience than everyone else.

I have been with Banfield for approximately 10 years and have seen them decline so much over the years. This past year with them has been horrible. They seem to have lost any type of customer service or compassion for their clients. I was also a member of their wellness program for both of my puppy dogs, and while it appeared to be a good service at first, gradually they seemed to add more and more costs that were not covered by the plan that I was paying good money for each month. My heart breaks just to say this, but this month I lost one of my precious boys and when I called the Banfield Wellness program to let them know, they showed no compassion and told me I was still liable to continuing paying my monthly fees for my poor baby until the end of his contract. I was obviously upset, not only with this news but the fact that they didn't even seem to care that I had lost a member of my family.

I then told them to cancel the plan for my other puppy and they said "May I ask why?" I'm not sure what type of people they hire, but they certainly are not animal lovers. It has been almost two weeks since I lost one of my best buddies, and have gotten a sympathy response from the emergency clinic I took him to since it was a Sunday evening, and Banfield was not open - and have heard nothing from Banfield who I patronized for over 10 years with my family. Even when I called them to let them know that my baby had passed at the emergency center, all they had to say was "Yeah, they called and let us know." In my most inner soul, I cannot understand how anyone, especially in the business they are in, could be so cold and cruel. If you consider your pets a part of your family, please really consider this information before deciding to use this company. I would not like to see anyone go through anything like this again. It just hurts too bad.

This place is an absolute joke. I had an EMERGENCY with my dog today and I was told that I cannot bring him in. They were way too busy giving shots and they would NOT take care of my dog. How disgusting is that? What kind of vet conducts business like that? I thought that's what I pay insurance for but I guess not. I called them at 12:10 pm today. They close at 4:00 pm. I will definitely be calling first thing in the morning and cancelling your ** insurance that only takes care of my dog when it's convenient for you... YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES AND YOUR LACK OF ETHICS... And by the way he has 2 slipped discs...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banfield Pet Hospital?

My kitten passed away because PetSmart clinic didn't give her the proper medical treatment. Do not waste your money at PetSmart clinic. They have medical malpractice and the director and vets here will blame it on other things but the reality is that they don't want to lose their license including the director, Director Brook **, Dr **, Dr. **. They did not seem sincere about my kitten passing. They are a business that only want your money and could care less about your pet. I wish I would've read reviews prior to taking my kitten to be treated. She was misdiagnosed and not treated right. She died because of their stupidity.

I brought my kitten to Banfield in Mechanicsburg, PA and signed up for their wellness plan. At the first visit they verified that my kitten was female and provided the required shots. At that time I requested that we set up for my kitten to be spayed. I was told that we would have to wait until after the kitten received the second set of shots. I expressed that I wanted to have this completed before the kitten was 6 months of age... The sooner the better. I went back 3 weeks later for the additional shots. Again they examined my kitten. At this time they set up the appointment for the spay. The time frame was 1 month later.

In the meantime I acquired another kitten. My first kitten became sick and refused to eat. I took the kitten to be examined and they wanted to run all kinds of test and x-rays. I told them I didn't have that kind of money so they did a different exam and told me that it was a large hairball. They gave me medicine and charged me $300. I then set up for my other kitten to be seen. A week later I took him there and had him examined and shots. I put him on the wellness plan too. Both times I was told that the spay/neuter fee was included. They set up for my 1st kitten to be spayed and my 2nd kitten to receive the second set of shots.

The day before the appointment I get a call to cancel the spay because the vets PA license had not come in. And the next appointment was yet another month away. I told the girl on the phone that I had wanted this done a month ago and I was delayed and now I have to wait yet another month!!! I asked what happens if my kitty goes into heat and then impregnated? The young woman said that they would do an abortion sterilization. I told her "well let's just hope that doesn't happen." After about 30 minutes I get a call back that they have an opening in 2 days. So I take the appointment. Because of the surgery neither kitten could eat after 10 pm. So I packed food for kitten 2 so that they could feed him since was only getting shots.

We go in and they are going over the paperwork with me. They tell me that because my kitten is over 5 months they need to use a different anesthesia which is $118. I tell them no... I wanted this done months ago and that they caused the delay. They get the charge waived but then they tell me that because my kitten had gone into heat they would need to use a different anesthesia which would cost cost $118. I told them no... My kitten was not now nor has been in heat. So I think we have that cleared up but at this point I am angry because they are attempting to over charge me.

I get to work and about 30 minutes later I get a call that they need to use a different anesthesia because my kitten has a kidney infection. At this point I blast the woman on the phone and let them know that they have now attempted to charge me an extra fee and I was not going to pay it. She then says that they can go ahead and neuter kitten 2. I tell her no I want done what the appointment was for. The woman on the phone then says they will call back when I am more reasonable.

An hour later I hear a call from a guy who again asks about the extra anesthesia or having kitten 2 neutered. I told him in a very strained tone that kitten 2 was there for shots only. He informed me that no shots had been given. I lost it... I told the guy... Kitten 2 gets his shots now! Both kittens are to be ready as I will be there in 15 minutes. After they give me all my paperwork, food and kittens I inform them I better not see another charge for any of their services on my card and I will not be coming back.

So yesterday I brought both kittens to a different vet for the spay and neuter. I called mid day... Was informed both were doing fine and that both were male kittens. So Banfield examined kitten 1 4x and not once identified that he was not a girl but in fact a boy!!! They have no idea what they are doing. They need to be shut down before they do any more damage to pets, owners and the veterinary practice altogether.

Adopted our 2nd dog through Petsmart and got coupons from the shelter for Banfield. Took my dog in for 1st flu shot and got a free exam. Was told to return in about 3-4 weeks for the 2nd booster. Along comes a large size postcard where it stated in big bold letters "Bailey's vaccinations are OVERDUE!" As to do more harm, the postcard was misdelivered to our busy-body neighbor. She was very quick to deliver it to me along with a lecture about caring for our dog, and she expects to see the dog on leash at all times. "Can't have rabid animals running around, don't 'ya know" I was told.

I called Banfield and asked them if they would like their medical history displayed on a postcard. They have a HIPA law for people. You would think passionate pet parents as ourselves would do more complaining. Banfield sucks. They only make appointments and don't take walk-ins. Losing lots of business that way. I wouldn't recommend Banfield to anyone (except Bill & Hillary).

Let me start by saying that I love PetSmart as a store. Because of that, I decided to take my puppy in to the Banfield vet located inside of PetSmart. I had adopted her from the local humane society, so she came with extensive medical records as well as behavioral history. However, I wanted to be sure that I got her all of her proper medical history, so I booked a wellness exam with a vet at Banfield. When I went in to the appointment, I brought her entire folder with all of her medical history because I wasn't sure what all she needed in terms of vaccinations. The vet then went through the information and proceeded to come up with an extensive list of vaccinations and procedures that my puppy should get.

However, as she was naming out all of the things she wanted to put on the list, she kept saying "your dog doesn't really need this, but I want to give it to her anyways". The list came out to several hundreds of dollars, which is way more than we intended to spend that day, especially when she already had so many medical procedures done. When we asked her what she actually needs (since she kept throwing on unnecessary extras), she refused to tell us what vaccinations were necessary or to explain what each one guarded against. She then proceeded to spend 15 minutes trying to sell us on their "wellness plan", even after we politely refused it saying that regular pet insurance through our insurance company would cover more.

To make a long story short, we ended up leaving with no vaccinations and the vet was visibly upset about this. We recently took her to a different vet with better reviews. After reviewing our puppy's records, this vet told us that our puppy actually doesn't even need any other vaccinations until March. Banfield tried to scam us out of so much money for unnecessary things, many of which our puppy already had! I will never go there again!

On Oct. 30th 2016 I was looking for a vet to get my cat checked out and I found on Banfield's website a coupon for a free exam. Being on SSDI and short of money this sounded perfect for me. I called Banfield and told them about my cat, my financial situation and that I had a coupon. I was told that the coupon was for well pets and they couldn't help me. I was so offended and did not like it one bit that this place treated me like my cat wasn't important because it sounds like I can't afford their services. This place sucks.

I've been a Banfield customer for 7+ years and they have never changed. I come in on time for my appointments and I have to wait 20-40 minutes before being seen, always. I come in late on purpose in hopes that they will see me soon but I still have to wait the same amount of time, 20-40 minutes and that is just outside the waiting area. Once you get in the room you have at least another 10 minute wait to be seen. So today I decided to come in early, 25 minutes early, in hope that I will be seen on time, and I was told I could not check in early because it will look like I've been waiting a long time! So I have to wait to check in!! So here I am writing this! And that is just the tip of the iceberg. I haven't even gotten to the revolving vets and assistants that works and quits. And the fact that one of my pet has had heart problems and one of the new vet just barely found out and my dog has been going there for 7 years. Too many complaints to write!

Going to keep it simple but one of my worst experiences. They are nothing but scam artists, which they do not care about animals period!!! I live in Fort Lauderdale. They had my dog for two days and wanted more money and playing a guessing game with my dog's health. Please anybody thinking of using them please don't for the sake of your pet.

Took my dog in for teeth cleaning. Got a call while he's under anesthesia saying he needed three teeth extracted and would be nearly $400 -- after accounting for the additional anesthesia, sutures, and everything else they could think of. Of course, people are in pure panic mode when they hear this so are apt to say yes. What's the point of the expensive monthly insurance I'm paying? Ten out of 12 months, nothing is happening except getting charged. Then when I need something like this, they spring it on you. I'm cancelling the service right now. I would highly advise for pet owners to look elsewhere. Banfield is evidently a corporate culture eager to upsell and put pet owners under duress to get maximum dollars. That's why they earn nearly one billion per year in revenues.

Called them many times. No response... From my experience they don't care... Beware of Revolution for dogs. My dog got seizures from this medication prescribed by Banfield hospital in Stamford CT.

My dog had been grabbed around the waist by a larger dog. He was sore and due to small puncture wounds, his body had been swelling up with air. I suspected he may have damaged a rib as well. When I realized the possibility of internal wounding, I called the vets at Banfield. Never having tried them before, I had decided to use the free initial consult and appointment coupon I received in the mail. I was prepared to pay for extras, within limits. EVERYONE WAS EXCEEDINGLY NICE. IT WAS A PLEASURE DEALING WITH THEM. I would like to think it was all sincere but I will never know for sure because the money is definitely the driving force of this business.

The vet did not think there was internal bleeding or damage, agreed the rib might be broken...suggested an x-ray. I inquired as to the charge because I pay $50 for my personal x-rays. I believe it was $125 and then there was the x-ray consult fee. Another -$45. Yes, $45 to look at an x-ray. Which combined with all the other stuff, would have come to over $400 for treatment, when there would not have been treatment. There is no treatment for a broken rib, but rest and quiet...so I opted to not have x-ray. Either with or without the x-ray the rx plan is the same.

She wanted to provide ** but I had some at home so I declined. I think that was another $60 and then ** for pain I use **, I get 200 tablets a month for $20. She wanted to charge me $60 I think, for a few. I declined stating I will use mine...and then of course, the antibiotic. That was a whopping $79. When I inquired why I was told that the injections cost that much, well why not tell me what the pills cost and very hesitantly I was told $8 and "not everyone likes to give a pill twice a day." I told her perhaps if she mentioned it to her clients as a viable option, they probably would go for the pills because it saved $70. All in all, my dog is going to be fine on the meds I have at home and the antibiotic, and I walked out of there with an $8 bill, but if I had not fought back, it would have been over $400 for zero treatment and zero results that would not come about on their own. I will not be going back to Banfield.

Was told Banfield doesn't care about what my dog is experiencing by the senior vet Beth ** in Cranberry, Pa Banfield Pet Hospital. Among other things, it was by far the worst vet experience I've ever had. AND THEY CANCELLED MY CONTRACT!!! Two weeks before scheduled surgery. Why? Well, I guess Beth ** knew she is a lousy vet and if anything happened to my baby, I would have come after her for her license and money. She was a quitter instead of someone who cared and did her best. They then tried to persuade consumer advocate that they had done me a favor by not collecting the remainder of the contract fee!!! Such buffoons at Banfield!!

Ever since I first signed my contract I have regretted it. They only care about money - still charge you every visit for things the plan doesn't cover. I pay $70 a month plus another $50-60 every month I went. My female puppy Java started at 7 months and yesterday at just 1 and a half years old my baby is gone. I bought my dog in describing vomiting and foam coming from her mouth and she developed a twitch. My exact words to the doc "on the car ride over she foamed up and twitched violently". Doc asked if she got into anything she shouldn't have I said no. He felt nothing in her stomach and gave her a shot for nausea and sent me home with 4 pills to give her for the next two days. All for nausea. I suppose I was hopeful and wanted to believe this was all it was. This costed me $80.

We went back home and java began to get worse within 2 hours. My boyfriend and I had called them back and asked what the deal was. He spoke to the doc and the doctor claimed I said nothing about foaming at the mouth. Meanwhile my dog was sitting right in front of him FOAMING AT THE MOUTH. They turned their phones off at 630 pm when they are supposed to be open until 7 pm. I was no longneck. We able to get in touch so I could corporate. They couldn't reach that hospital either.

Nobody at corporate could give us answers or help us in anyway or forward us to someone higher up. They said "we cannot answer your questions at this time. Go to an emergency clinic" Unbelievably unprofessional. We did take Java to the emergency clinic and found that she had a neurological disorder that was progressing very rapidly. Her brain had gotten so swollen. My poor baby was non-responsive within 4 hours. We put her down.

I'm extremely disappointed that banfield who pay so much money to help my dog dismissed her in ten minutes with a stomach ache. Now I'm here without my baby. They won't cancel my plan unless I pay the full retail price which is about $800 because she was spayed with them. If you love your pet, do not use banfield. It is not worth saving the very little money you save. Take your baby to a professional. I wish I did. They are extremely inexperienced and unprofessional. Please choose wisely. I wouldn't want anyone else to go through what I've gone through in the last 48 hours.

I told my Mom to take her dog to you and 13 hours after she did the little pup was died. What was up with that? Will never tell my friends or family to take their animals to you again. I am done with BANFIELD...

Banfield Pet Hospital is a joke and scam. They strongarm you into signing up for their "Wellness Plans" saying they will save you money over the regular services alone. What they don't tell you is that even at their discounted Wellness Plan rate their services are about twice as much as you'd pay somewhere else. Additionally, if you realize you're being scammed and try to cancel the plan, not only are you not going to get any money back, but they can turn around and claim you owe them money! The staff at the clinic I went to didn't appear to be very well-trained. The Banfield vet missed some basic health issues that my local vet caught. I wish I had read the reviews on this site before I ever brought my pet here.

I brought my 15 yrs old cat as I knew there was something wrong. They tested her & she has a thyroid problem. Gave me some medicine & convinced me I needed the health insurance plan. So I got it thinking, ok I pay every month & just pay less / a deductible when I take her there. The medicine did not work. The only other treatment was a $2000 procedure that may or may not work because the cat was old. I couldn't afford it. I did not want to an old cat through all that so I had to have her put to sleep. This all happened within a month. So then even though the cat was dead I had to pay the insurance for a year. Did you ever have any insurance that still had to be paid after there is no more patient? Wtf. A ripoff.

I took my 12 year old cat Maxwell to the Banfield location in Las Vegas 89148 for a check up and anal gland evacuation. The receptionist was a delight, I was so glad as we have recently relocated and needed a nearby Vet. It ended there, once we were in the exam room, Dr. ** spent about 3 minutes on his exam, told me he should have his teeth cleaned and the next 5 minutes selling me on the Wellness Plans. She asked no questions about his diet (he is a big one), or his bowel habits, which I thought was odd as she was going to evacuate his fecal glands. Just the options of the Wellness Plans. She then took him in the back for the evacuation. I had never heard him scream like that, he has had this done before. I had to go out front and could still hear him over all the other animals in the back room, it was awful.

When they brought him back to me he was hyperventilating and panting, the Vet Assistant even pointed it out to the Vet, who shrugged it off. I stayed in the room with him for 10 minutes waiting for his breathing to return to normal, no one ever came back in to check on us. There are sedation options come to find out. She had other things to do and just left and never gave us a second thought. Had I read the reviews prior I would have never ever gone there. Don't put you or your pet through it.

When my dog had a problem with something stuck in his throat I took him to Banfield Hospital and they said take him to an emergency clinic! Also, the lady was very rude! Why would I pay $42 a month for insurance that I can't use. If you buy this insurance you will be sorry, there are a lot of better companies out there.

I made an appointment to have my beloved Jasper's teeth cleaned at the prompting of a customer service call from Banfield Pet Hospital located in the Petsmart of Snowden Square Columbia, MD. He was a stunningly beautiful Maine Coon "Tom" all black fur with the disposition of an angel. He was my best friend. I'm disabled from work and got him when I was waiting for my disability to be approved & to help me with the depression from my recent separation.

He was my joy. There were days when the only reason I got out of bed was to care for my Jasper. He will never be replaced. There was only one Jasper, now there's none! I didn't feed him or give him any water from midnight as I was told. Brought him in at the scheduled time. I filled out the paperwork, they took him before I could really say goodbye properly but I figured "oh it's ok. I'll be back in a few hours to get him." It was a routine teeth cleaning. Preventative care. I wanted to take good care of him so he would live many long happy years with me!!! That's all I wanted was for my cat to live and be healthy so he could enjoy every second of his life.

Two hours later he was dead. The report I got says that he was slightly dehydrated! Everyone knows you can not do surgery on a dehydrated animal. With not enough fluids they are depleted of electrolytes. Minerals. They are micro traces of metals: zinc, magnesium, copper, potassium in order for your heart to conduct a beat there must be an electrical current. For electrical current to take place you must have what?? Metal. No metal. No electricity. My cat should never have been in this situation. He was not "Wnl" within normal limits on his electrolyte levels. When a test falls outside of "Wnl" you don't do the surgery. They couldn't get an iv into him because he was dehydrated and they couldn't find a vein.

I was a paramedic for 8 years. Nothing to do with cats but I know a little bit about resuscitation of a heart that fails. I know more than a little bit about the frailty of life. When in doubt, stop. The procedure should've been stopped immediately since it was an unnecessary surgery. It was for maintenance, not life threatening. Why didn't they call me and say he was too dehydrated. What's the big deal?? I told them I didn't work and I was available at any time don't rush... take your time. I couldn't have been more compliant or cordial. Now my precious baby boy is, dead!!! A ROUTINE DENTAL CLEANING AND MY CAT IS DEAD... but wait it gets better.

One of the vets there told me that they would have his ashes returned to me as a Courtesy!!? A courtesy? Is this the part where I say, "Thank you so much for paying for my cat's cremation"?? Because you will be waiting for hell to freeze over lady. Are you people kidding me?? As a courtesy you'll pay for his cremation? Go ** yourselves! HOW DID YOU SLEEP LAST NIGHT?

I stayed up and cried holding my cat's favorite toys... You've not heard the last of me. You will remember my Jasper for the rest of your days because I am retaining legal counsel & will do everything in my power to make sure no one ever suffers through this again!!! No person should ever have to live through this nightmare. Jasper will never meow again... I just wanted to keep him healthy. Banfield was responsible for keeping him healthy. They failed miserably! You've been warned!! Don't do it!! If you love your pet, don't leave them with a Banfield vet!

In Nellis Blvd in Las Vegas the service in there is horrible. All of the hood rats that work there are unprofessional and they lied to me about the membership. They never gave me a brochure about the services and they told me to sign my payment and what I was really signing for was a new membership. Don't answer any questions to the doctors, they will call animal control for any reason. The doctor called animal control on me for not giving my dog a haircut. Oh and it's a nightmare to get a hold of any manager, they will say that they are never there and that they can't help anybody to fix any problem. I called corporate and they don't want to deal with it.

I took my dog for spay surgery to Banfield Pet Hospital in Clive Iowa. The surgery was done with all possible prior health investigations and my dog was in perfect healthy condition. Her condition deteriorated after the surgery as she developed hernia near surgery site. I was able to see the lump near surgery site and called several times but receptionist Nancy never allowed us to discuss with doctor and was very rude most of the time. I dropped in one day walking to hospital and Dr. Terri decided to have hernia surgery immediately as it was the complication arised out of recent spay surgery, another receptionist Angie was very helpful, my dog have now started bleeding from the hernia surgery very second day my dog was uneasy whole night and blood dripping.

Called Banfield again Nancy says doctors are on vacation and other doctors are too busy in surgeries to give you call back. If I could discuss problem with her!!! Moreover she said there are no notes found in their system that any such hernia surgery took place... Horrible!!! I am now forced to move to another vet to save my dog's life. The entire experience is horrifying unless you want your dog's health to deteriorate... Please don't you ever take your beloved pet to this place. This is my humble request. I am feeling so bad for ruining my sweet dog's life by taking to Banfield Pet Hospital.

Had to cancel service because I moved to a place Banfield does not service. Cancelling the contract early was a nightmare and they tried to send my account to collections even though I was sending them payments monthly. Would not do business with them again; especially given the unprofessional behavior of the agents over the phone.

My peek-a-poo became ill back in October of 2015 took her to Banfield and they diagnosed her with liver infection at the time. Put her on antibiotics for two weeks, cost me about $380.00. About a month later I had to take her back because there was blood in her pee. Now they said that she had a UTI - more money, more medication. Several months later yet another infection, this time they took x-rays and found a kidney stone. Put her on a special diet of some very expensive food, that did her no good.

They said she may need surgery to remove the stone if the diet did not help. The surgery they told me was going to cost about a $1000. I have been taking her back and forth for all of 2015, with each time it costing me in about $100 dollar or more for each visit. And did I mention that I had a wellness plan, what a waste. Finally I just got tired of dealing with them and my dog's health and took her somewhere else (a real vet) for a second opinion and found out that the infection that she had was not treated appropriately. So consequential she ended up having a kidney stone the size of a chicken egg. I ended up having the surgery to remove the stone for under $300. Banfield do not care anything about your pet. All they care about is your money and they also play on the fact that they know how much you love your pet, but I'm done they will never see another dollar of mine. I'm done.

We had a terrible experience back in July with an employee at Banfield, she was rude and beyond disrespectful to me regarding our bill when trying to make an appointment. Ms. Adrienne ** was contacted by the client advocate team in which I had called to put in a complaint about this mistreatment we received. She offered to make my dog's next appt. in August at a different location, free of charge, our office visit/wellness plan fee that day was waived and my dog's injection. The next month in September I went in for her monthly injection and the office tried to charge me for the "waived" office visit I had in August. They would not allow my dog to be seen without that payment. I tried immediately calling Ms. ** to clear up the confusion, I had to leave a voicemail. I had to pay that waived fee so my dog could get her injection. I continued to reach out to Ms. **.

The next day she called me and told me all has been done, she cannot help me. She would not even listen to me. She rudely dismissed me and my concerns. It baffled me as to her change of attitude and her reneged promise and agreement she made with me due to my unfortunate and upsetting July visit. My wellness plan also included drop off visits. On September 6th I went in to drop her off and they said the doctors were too busy, so I could stay and wait it out or leave and come back another day. I reported that as well as that was very unfair, and I pay for drop off visits, I went all the way there to be turned away? That complaint led Adrienne ** to remove me and my dog, and my family members as well, from the practice. She would not help me resolve the matter. I sent several emails and calls.

She went to a Mr. Ari **, DVM at the practice, and he signed papers as well in agreement to remove us, stating we weren't satisfied with Banfield and we complained more than once. I called him, and he as well stated he agreed with her, not even listening to me, the client. We had every right to put in a complaint to their client advocate team, that's why they're there. Again, he didn't care about me as a client, he immediately just agreed with the Ms. **, a field manager unwilling to help us at all, except to remove us. The new Banfield location we went to the staff were amazing to me, and she removed me and my family because we had concerns over our plan and mistreatment at our original location. She sent my dog's records and a letter certified mail. This makes no sense, where is the logic here, but it in my opinion, it strongly feels like discrimination, and I want to proceed with my rights to this situation with this company.

I'm asking for all of my wellness plan payments back as this has left me without a vet not to mention this mistreatment now of being kicked out of a vet's office because we had concerns/complaints about our plan and mistreatment there. This is an awful method of practice for a business, to say the least. There's a bit more detailed information that I will be putting on my complaint form, as well, as this is an overview of what has happened to me, I have her promise of waived fees on my voicemail, yet she still denies it.

I took my dog to Banfield Pet Hospital in Costa Mesa because she injured her foot. Unfortunately Dr. ** was the veterinarian working that day. According to Dr. **, if a pet doesn't have a blood test, she can't order an X-ray. Because my dog was under intense pain, she only gave her pain medication. Because my dog was taking ** for the inflammation, ** wanted to know if the ** was prescribed by them or somebody else. Because I asked for a written prescription for the pain medication, Dr. ** didn't like the idea and her assistant, John, was also giving me an attitude. My previous experience with Dr. ** was wonderful; he is very experienced and professional. Dr. ** orders a long list of tests, which will cost a fortune, just for a leg injury. According to **, a bunch of test for a leg injury will be justified just in case it is "cancer."

Banfield Pet Hospital is the worst!! I wish this had an option for negative 10 starts because that's what this place deserves. Please do not take your pets there. They almost killed my puppy by giving him double vaccines when I told them not to since he came to me up to date with all his shots. He just needed a puppy exam because I got him from the airport. I've told the lady "No vaccinations. Just need a puppy exam." She said "No problem. When do you want his vaccinations done." I said "When is the next available date." She said "Friday. Sept. 2nd." I said "Ok I'll take it since he would be 10 weeks at that time." Dr. Jamie ** DVM was his veterinarian. She signed & dated that she did not give any vaccinations to my puppy. She only gave him an exam like I asked. 5 days later he became very sick.

I called to have him go get checked & on 8/25 they told me he had pneumonia in both lungs & after paying $333.19. He had to be in the ICU for 2 days for double pneumonia in both lungs & also on medication for 2 weeks. Also the practice manager April ** did not want to talk to me about my puppy or what malpractice they did, only until I called the corporate office & talked to the people higher up. This place makes me sick! They wanted to blame the vaccination manufacturer & have them refund me my money I spent in 2 days while my puppy was in the ICU.

After canceling my wellness plan I got 8/12/16 I was told to pay $256.99. Now I've been told they don't have a cancellation fee & no one wants to give me my $256.99 back. I get the runaround over & over. Getting a call from April ** the practice manager with an attitude & telling me she will talk to whoever & see who told me I had to pay $256.99. I don't understand why she is a manager when she doesn't know anything what's going on. Nobody does that works there for that matter.

I also had to pick up a paper from the vaccination manufacturer. I told the guy that was answering the phones "I have an envelope to pick up for Duke (my puppy's name) or for Monica (my name) that Sheila left for me to pick up & I know she left for the day." He said "Hmmm... hmmm... who are you here to see?" I said "No one, again I'm here for an envelope to pick up for Duke (my puppy's) or Monica (my name). Sheila left it for me. She just called me an hour ago." He then said "Ok hmmm just a minute." Then he walks away, goes in the back for 5-10 mins. Comes back & says "Hmmm you can hmmm come back tomorrow. Sheila didn't leave anything for duck."

I said "What?" I said "Duke. D-U-K-E not duck or for Monica & I'm not leaving until I get that paper! So you need to figure it out & find it." He said "Ok. Ok. Sorry but there's nothing here. She didn't tell me anything or leave anything." I said "Well she told me it would be at the front desk with you so you need to find it because I didn't come over here just to stand here for 30 mins. for a paper." He said "Oh is it for Duke?" As he hands me an envelope with Duke on it. I said "You're kidding me right? Is that what I said 30 mins. ago?" He said "Sorry about that".

I honestly don't know how people can be that dumb working with important information. I know a few people I talked to after everything that has happened to my puppy. Told me things that happened to their dogs like having a call saying their dog "jumped" off the table & broke his hip or rib & Banfield didn't want to take responsibility for their wrongdoing, it's always the dog's fault or someone else was at fault. I will never & I hope others will read this & never trust your pets with these people.

Banfield Pet Hospital Company Profile