2. Pets

Find affordable pet supplies

Shop now on BudgetPetCare

Visit Website

Banfield Pet Hospital Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banfield Pet Hospital?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banfield Pet Hospital?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

When a specific service or test is requested it has been ignored / not addressed. Often skip a month ahead of biannual check-up s! ONLY at one specific location. Better experience with prior staff and other locations.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The pet wellness monthly plan is a great option for proactive pet owners. This plan is not for critical illnesses or emergencies. What I love about this plan is knowing what my proactive spend is per month for shots, proactive meds such as heartworm meds, flea/tick prevention. It helps you keep track of your pet's health, growth, etc. The portal summarizes your pet's health. I love it! Emergencies, blood and urine tests are in addition to the plan. Read the plan thoroughly and ask questions. I highly recommend this plan to any puppy/dog owner. It's a great proactive monthly plan. No different than "wellchild visits".

Get buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

14 Dec 2019 I visited the Banfield Pet hospital in Killeen TX with an sensitive matter at hand. There was one particular individual there who stood out to me. They cleaned my dog's property to return those items back to me. That evening I returned, this individual brought out all the wrong things but it was her compassion which stood out, trying to comfort me, even made an attempt to remember my other dog (priceless). I did not have the heart to tell her the errors. I felt her intention was sincere. The next day I returned to return their property and gather my correct belongings. Addressed and corrected accordingly. Even donated my dog's black frame cot which I felt would go for better use at the hospital. My overall experience 14-15 Dec 2019 was outstanding. Great team and customer service.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Banfield -9718 Katy Fwy. Houston, Tx. Professionals who love their jobs are a joy to behold. So many people don’t understand that our pets are an actual member of our family. Watching them suffer feels equally as anguishing as helplessly watching your child navigate their way through a nightmare of pain. Today as we walked through the doors at PetSmart, we accompanied our beautiful but wounded golden retriever named Nala to the banfield counter at the back of the store as she left a trail of blood with each step she took.

The care, compassion and professionalism Nala immediately received at the counter from the tech and then from nurse and doc clearly demonstrated that they are a talented team of tender hearted and highly trained miracle workers. Dr. ** and Nurse Emily treated Nala like she was their own daughter. I would recommend this location to any pet owner who loves their furry four legged family members. Dr. ** and Nurse Emily are the best!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Banfield is the worst company and will bill you incorrectly and will up your plan and the price. I have been trying to deal with them and it has been a nightmare. They have overcharged me, sent the bills to the wrong email and then sent me to collections and that's when I finally get a notice in the mail. Now that I finally received a notice in the mail I am aware of the balance and see the discrepancies I tried to remedy and was forwarded to many different individuals and NOT ONE could or would deal with the issue. They just kept passing the buck. Worst company and employees. It must be a common situation because their team was ready to pass you along and state "it's NOT ME that did that its the company." I would give them a zero or negative zero if it was possible. HORRIBLE!!! BEWARE Consumers. BEWARE.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Do not use Banfield Pet Hospital, ever. If you have them, switch when your contract ends. We were with them for 14 YEARS, had subpar service, but it is what we could afford. They nickel and dimed us the ENTIRE 14 years. I called to cancel because my dog passed away and was told since she had been in the week before that we owed close to $600 because they ran tests, etc. that day. No sympathy, empathy or customer loyalty, only I see you saved this much on services over the past year and this much was saved. These "savings" are like insurance inflation prices. We charge $50 for a q-tip and tell you we saved you $49.99. Do yourself a favor and run.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

We used Banfield for 14 years for our two Bedlington Terriers and generally it went well, although we - as many others on here - were very disappointed to find out that we had to continue paying for three more months of the wellness plan on our female dog after she was euthanized due to cancer; our bad for not reading the fine print. A few months later it was time for our 14.5 month old male to have his annual wellness checkup. We browsed the store while he was being checked, and the tech found us and brought him to us afterward, saying everything was fine but that he had a heart murmur and we should call to speak to the vet. So we called. And called. And never got a call back.

A few weeks went by and we noticed that our dog was starting to cough some and breathe/pant heavily. So we called again. And again. And again, each time being told the vet would call us back at the end of the day. He never did. This morning I finally called and explained that I had been waiting for a call back for days and that my dog was coughing and breathing/panting heavily, only to be told the vet would not be in for three more days and would call me back then. I explained that would not be good enough, that my dog clearly needs some kind of care, and that he shouldn't have to go through this.

I also stated that I have zero confidence that the vet will call me back anyway because he hasn't yet. My only option was to schedule another appointment, which wasn't for two more days. I went ahead and took it, but have been trying to get him in to see another vet in the meantime. We are getting another puppy in October and have already decided we will NOT take her to Banfield and instead will find a high quality, local, private veterinary practice for her care.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Canceled out appointment after confirming it 3 times, a day after they deducted the monthly fee from my account! Two months before we could reschedule! And, they were closed for two weeks. Would not say why! Will not go back. Totally unacceptable and terrible customer service. When you purchase the wellness plan, beware! You may not get your pets in to be seen. And, they will continue to charge you anyway.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Brought my dog here on the "wellness" plan for almost 8 years, faithfully paying the monthly payment for so-so service. Every bill you get from them has exorbitant charges and the huge "savings" you made by being on the plan. My dog passed away a couple months ago at their hospital. Now they are saying I still owe 2 more monthly payments despite my dog not even being alive anymore. Unreal.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

This review is being placed on the North Wales PA location. My dog may need bladder stone surgery and may be facing life or death. I requested an xray and Doctor V refused to help. She refused to make time in the coming week to make room for my dog. She refused knowing he was facing a life or death situation. In attempting to get an estimate for the surgery (and even talking Doctor V twice on the phone), she failed to provide one (knowing he may need this life saving surgery). Her lack of regard was not only shocking, but appalling knowing he needed a life saving surgery.

This location is also unnecessarily caging animals up asking owners to drop them off knowing they will not be tending to, until late in the day. To cage an animal at 8:30 am knowing you will not be able to tend to him, until 3 pm is just plain wrong. Per Mary, they do this not to address the animals' needs one by one, but they do this, to make it easier on staff to get to other things, which again is just plain wrong. Animals are scared locked up. In regards to Doctor V it is obvious that her priority is not the patient first. To disregard a life saving surgery is just plain wrong.

Banfield Pet Hospital Company Information