2. Pets

Find affordable pet supplies

Shop now on BudgetPetCare

Visit Website

Banfield Pet Hospital Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banfield Pet Hospital?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banfield Pet Hospital?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

When a specific service or test is requested it has been ignored / not addressed. Often skip a month ahead of biannual check-ups! ONLY at one specific location. Better experience with prior staff and other locations.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The pet wellness monthly plan is a great option for proactive pet owners. This plan is not for critical illnesses or emergencies. What I love about this plan is knowing what my proactive spend is per month for shots, proactive meds such as heartworm meds, flea/tick prevention. It helps you keep track of your pet's health, growth, etc. The portal summarizes your pet's health. I love it! Emergencies, blood and urine tests are in addition to the plan. Read the plan thoroughly and ask questions. I highly recommend this plan to any puppy/dog owner. It's a great proactive monthly plan. No different than "wellchild visits".

Get buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

14 Dec 2019 I visited the Banfield Pet hospital in Killeen TX with an sensitive matter at hand. There was one particular individual there who stood out to me. They cleaned my dog's property to return those items back to me. That evening I returned, this individual brought out all the wrong things but it was her compassion which stood out, trying to comfort me, even made an attempt to remember my other dog (priceless). I did not have the heart to tell her the errors. I felt her intention was sincere. The next day I returned to return their property and gather my correct belongings. Addressed and corrected accordingly. Even donated my dog's black frame cot which I felt would go for better use at the hospital. My overall experience 14-15 Dec 2019 was outstanding. Great team and customer service.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

We moved to Idaho and there is not a Banfield here. I canceled all three dogs plans in Sept but kept getting billed for one. Even though I can't use it, they want me to continue to pay. The plan is $635... a yr. and they report I need to pay the add $211.80 and I've paid $423.00 to meet my obligation. Not the true amount billed for service. I can't use the plan. They said, it's a contract. All contracts have clauses. 25-35 mile radius at move out of area at least. Even if your pet dies and it can't be used they will hound you for the money. Worst business practice ever. They charge the full rate to offset what you have used not the plan rate with the discount. HORRIBLE SCAM!! Even if you don't use the service at all they will report you to the credit bureau before they will do what's right. Paying out of pocket is cheaper and better... Don't use them.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I have used the Banfield Hospital in Sparks NV for my 3 dogs. While the staff and most doctors were nice and knowledgeable, the Wellness plans and medications are extremely overpriced, even with the so called discount you get with the plan. If your dog is a puppy/kitten, it may be worth it, but I would never recommend it for a senior pet or one with health issues. My oldest dog (13 years old when we signed with them) had to have 2 extractions, both times the charges were over $1000, one of them for 2 teeth only, with the explanation that "unfortunately, we had to pull out the 2 most expensive teeth in his mouth".

Another one of my dogs had pain in one of his front paws. I gave them permission to xray it, but they decided to xray both front paws, without asking permission for that first, with a total charge of $500, for the 2 xrays, while on the plan. Not to mention the fact that you are under contract, so when 2 of the 3 dogs passed away while on the plan, they continue to expect the monthly payment. My suggestion is save your money and find a good family vet. I would never sign up with Banfield, ever again.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I am extremely disappointed about my experience with the Clovis Banfield Pet Hospital on Shaw Ave. I have always had my dog's nails clipped there because she needs them trimmed often and they are usually able to see her fairly quickly. I called yesterday to find out when a good time to bring her in would be and I was told on the phone that this morning there would be vet techs available to do a nail trim and that I didn't need to make an appointment, just come in. I get there today and the lady at the desk tells me that there is a new policy and they won't do trimmings anymore, contrary to exactly what I was told on the phone yesterday. She tells me that the only option I have is to make an appointment with the grooming salon, which uses the nail sanders that my dog can't stand.

I am not sure if there was some policy change so this specific clinic is no longer providing all of the essential services that they always have and that they continue to advertise on their website but frankly, refusing to clip my dog's nails was absolute garbage and this company has lost a long time, loyal customer. Don't waste your time with this fraudulent, unprofessional company.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I've had decent experiences with their hospitals but Banfield's insurance is a complete fraud. They don't cover as nearly as much as other pet insurance providers and then, if your pet passes away, they force you continue paying for the insurance for the remainder of the year. You are being forced to pay for a service that cannot even be provided.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

Do not give them your debit card number. They NEVER STOP BILLING YOU. No matter how many times you call, no matter how many times you email, no matter how many times you threaten legal action, even if it is at the end of your legal contract. The plan was actually a money saver. We enjoyed the amount of money it saved us and the care our dog received. We're planning to add our other dogs to it at lower plans at the end of the year long trial of our sicker dog. NOPE. Not after the way we were lied to multiple times and basically made fools of by the "Customer service reps." More like con artists. Do not sign up for this service if you value your money and keeping it in your account.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I have the a Banfield plan that includes one dental cleaning a year. I took my rescue dog there as soon as I got him and got his teeth cleaned. After the cleaning I was told that he had periodontal disease and he was put on antibiotics. After 2 rounds of antibiotics, his breath began to smell again and I saw a black hole in one of his tooth. I called Banfield and asked them to just do X-rays and if need be, pull out any bad teeth. They told me they would have to charge me for a dental appointment, plus the X-rays and any extractions that needed to be done. The bill could top $500. I was willing to pay for the X-rays and the extractions but felt they should have consulted with me when they had him under for his teeth cleaning and we could have done it then. Now they want to charge me again plus I still have 9 months of a plan I have to pay for. I just don’t think this is right.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

It pains me to give them even 1 star. They will refuse to cancel your account and will continue to take your money when you don't want their services any more. Awful, horrible business practice. Rather than remove your credit card and/or cancel your account they will ask you to file a **fraud claim** with your bank/credit card issuer in order to remove your credit card and/or cancel your account!? I'm not sure why a business would be so comfortable passing off that level of inconvenience onto their customers. Additionally, the billing department repeatedly told me they have no control of the billing information.... Incompetent morons. I would not let anyone I care about be taken advantage of by these unethical robots.

Banfield Pet Hospital Company Information