3.53/5
Based on 1,069 ratings submitted in the last year

1882 Banfield Pet Hospital Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 12, 2019

We own dog training and boarding kennels, Angels in the Infield training and boarding and would trust no one else except Doctor ** and her staff! Never a long wait. Answers all phone calls and questions in the same day, if not within the hour. We recommend them to all our customers. We receive no money or discounts from any of our vendors, just so that we can judge them on their own merits. Banfield in Aurora OHIO is awesome!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Banfield has always been great with our pets. They took care of my cat when he had hypothyroidism and when he developed kidney disease. He plays like a kitten now every day at 16yo. Our dog was so loved by our vet she cried when she saw bone cancer on the X-ray. We had the X-ray done because he had a limp that wouldn't go away. He had wonderful treatment even up to his last day. I am shocked to see all the negative reviews. Banfield wellness only charges for services rendered. Since our dog passed we have to pay the remainder of the bill, not the plan. The plan was $60/mo and now we have to pay 47 monthly which will pay off only the services they administered. I wouldn't go to another vet!

Get expert buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

My dog was injured in an accident and needed emergency surgery. The staff at Banfield Pet Hospital were attentive and very caring. Even though they were not able to do his surgery they were able to quickly get us to a hospital that could. They even loaned us their stretcher to transport him safely to the next hospital. Thank you for helping Shadow.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

We read SO many bad reviews about Banfield's Wellness plan, but we knew we needed to find a wellness plan to save us money with our new puppy. Our local Banfield had good reviews. (You should check the reviews for YOUR location before deciding on them as your vet.) After doing thorough research, it seems most people are dissatisfied due to the fact that you cannot cancel your plan within your first year. To be clear - you are paying for a service and are essentially being set on a payment plan, NOT a monthly payment to cover everything for that month. You have the option to pay the full amount up front or break up into monthly payments over the next year - which is what most people do.

If your dog dies or if anything happens to where you wish to cancel - you STILL OWE money for services already rendered. We have saved over $1000 in the first 6 months of our puppy's life between vaccines, free unlimited check-ups/visits, 5% discounts, etc. Bills that consistently add up to $150-$300 end up being $0-$50. It WILL save you money and has been great for us. Highly recommend.

Original review: July 17, 2019

My immediate service at Banfield was really good, we chose it specifically because the dog we adopted needed dental work. He ended up having an irregular heartbeat and they couldn't do the dental, but I also could not change my plan for the rest of the year - so another 11 months. Before my plan renewed I called to cancel it and they were great over the phone, suggested I might as well do my last appointment since I basically already paid for it, and then talk to the vet about the right plan for me.

However, whenever I go in they are too busy and behind to have me even see the vet to have a conversation about my plan. I wasn't able to do it and then forgot about it auto-renewing. So now I am still paying a high plan - which includes dental that I can't even use. I don't like that I see a different doctor every time I go and that none of them bother to look up his history and I have to repeat everything each time. Last time he was stuck there for nearly 10 hours and I didn't even get to see the doctor.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banfield Pet Hospital?

Original review: July 15, 2019

The wellness program is a scam!! It is not a discount plan!! You’re not able to actually cancel the membership when you want to because although they say it’s a discount plan. The treatment costs get added up and when you want to cancel the only choice you have is to pay the remaining part of the membership or the “balance” you have accrued on treatment done which was said to be discounted!!! The customer service guy was a total jerk too! I will never do business with them again!!

Original review: July 15, 2019

This is a classic bait and switch scam business. You come in with a trivial health issue with your dog. A under qualified "vet" performs an analysis and diagnoses a plethora of fake problems, designed to prescribe you meds at 10X the price you would pay on the internet or to conduct further "analysis" for exorbitant cost. This is the worst ripoff fraudster place imaginable. Don't ever go there.

Original review: July 15, 2019

Started going to Banfield in May because it was the closest pet hospital to us and it was good at first and the staff were very friendly. Then the cancellations started. In just a few short months we were there on two different occasions we were canceled on by the vets. I have no idea if it was the same vet twice or two different vets but we were canceled on. The first time we were canceled on it was out of the blue and a little annoyed but we understood. The second time we were canceled on we were trying to have our cat spayed (because she was going in and out of heat) and they canceled on us. We made that appointment a month in advance and got pushed back another month.

This aggravated us beyond belief and we didn’t stand for it so we went there, asked for all our pet records and told them we were never coming back because we were very unhappy. My question is, why didn’t they try to find one immediately available for us because they were the one who canceled on us? But instead was wanting to make us wait a whole another month for something we didn’t do wrong? Other then that the staff is friendly but we will never go there again. I’m taking my pets to a vet in Paulding where I’ve been going for years but I moved to Douglasville and thought this would make my life easier but I was very wrong.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Please read this!!! Don't go here, the place is a scam. They auto renew your account even though you tell them to cancel it. But you see here if you tell them to cancel your account before your year is up it doesn't count (how is that I still canceled it). You have to cancel it after the first year, so you have to make contact after that marker not before or it's not a legit cancel, but they don't tell you that so you think it's canceled and then get a bill for the services. The bill comes at the end of that second year. Therefore you have to pay for the whole year and get no services. Scam. This place is a true scam and the two people I talked to there one was nice and the other thought it was funny. I am writing this not for traction with this scam company, but to possible get people not to go there to save their money. I hope I can help and stop this company from scamming people. I will continue to post and spread the word if I can.

Original review: July 5, 2019

We utilized Banfield for 5 years, right up until we took our German Shepherd in for his annual comprehensive check-up on his 6th birthday. He was given a clean bill of health that day. He died approx 3 weeks later due to cancer spread all throughout his pancreas and lungs. Guess they missed that during his comprehensive exam three weeks earlier. We asked them how they could have missed something like that. Banfield didn’t have an answer, but they DID want to make sure that we paid the final payment before the plan could be cancelled for our now dead dog.

Oh, and that was on top of the $600 we spent that day at Banfield trying to figure out why our dog was panting uncontrollably and lethargic. Just 3 weeks after he was given a clean bill of health from Banfield. (It wasn’t until we took him to an emergency vet AFTER Banfield couldn’t figure out what was wrong, that we learned of the cancer.)

Original review: July 5, 2019

After 11 years of loyal service insuring my beloved pet, she had to leave us way too soon from CHF (Banfield put her to rest). While I can’t complain about my service I have to stress how disappointed and heartbroken I am to learn after my dog has left life on earth I am locked in to still paying for her for nearly the remainder of the year. Every month that goes by and that $50+ charge gets deducted from my bank account it is not only a dagger to my heart to be reminded my dog is gone but a slap in the face by Banfield. My 11 years wasn’t enough to cover your money hungry needs? You have lost my business for any future pets, Banfield needs to reevaluate their business method when a pet leaves us. Buyers be aware. Not to mention I paid out of pocket most of the time additionally because anything more than routine shots is not covered. Banfield feels scammy and I will never insure a pet with them again.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I had this plan for several years for my cat. All good until the vet misdiagnosed my cats' kidney function. The vet prescribed kidney food. Needless to say my cat got sicker. I took her back after she had projectile vomiting. They took an x-ray ($500), gave her more meds and sent her home. Vomiting did not stop. I finally took her to a REAL vet who advised my cat's kidney functions have failed. We had to put her down. I called to cancel my wellness plan but no can't cancel it. I can't let someone else use it either. For people who are supposed to care for your pet...they suck at it. I will never support Banfield or PetSmart again. I've already had several people walk away from them after sharing my story.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I will be looking for a new vet. Banfield constantly nickels and dimes you and I'm pretty sure they are paid on commission. My older dog just had a teeth cleaning, the vet tells me two teeth are falling out and can I give permission to remove them, of course I say yes and I get a bill for $330. The anal expression is $25, which takes them 30 seconds. All of this while I have the most comprehensive wellness plan. They are a joke and I will be finding another vet going forward.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Banfield is why my cat is dead. Jack and Dodger have been going to Banfield Pet Hospital for close to a year. Jack went to Banfield Cap Hill in December because I was seeing him struggling with eating and he was dropping weight. They ran blood tests and told me he had an elevated thyroid so we put him on meds. 2 weeks in there was no change. They insisted on more test which of course I did. They were the same tests as before by the way. We went to the Tukwila Banfield. They ran the tests and said that the Cap Hill vet was wrong. They took him off the meds. Jack is getting worse.

At the same time, Dodger has been vomiting daily… several times a day and not hair. Digested food. I take him in early January and they run several tests and tell me he has hairballs and they send me on my way. Two weeks later Jack and I go back to cap hill. They say Tukwila shouldn't have taken him off the meds and they insist on running the same tests AGAIN! The thyroid comes back negative and now they say he has hypertension and put him on those meds. Two weeks later there’s been no improvement. Jack is still losing weight and struggling. Dodger is still vomiting… So I take Dodger back to Banfield and tell them the hairball thing is not the issue and it’s not hair he’s vomiting. It’s food.

They run more of the same tests and they switch his food to Ultimino because they say that he “can't handle proteins”. The Ultimino is by Royal Canin... and is $50 for a 6-pound bag. Meanwhile, Jack is getting worse. I take Jack back to the vet on a Sunday and insist they do something about his mouth. I insist it’s not a thyroid or hypertension issue and that I am his mom and I know something is wrong with his mouth. This lady vet takes a casual look in his mouth and says, "I don’t see anything"… and I said, "I don’t care. There’s something going on with his mouth and I need someone to do something about it!!!"

So we set up an appointment to get his teeth cleaned. They clean them and tell me 4 teeth need to be pulled but they don’t have the equipment, but they will in July. They said I can wait until July to have the teeth pulled when they get the equipment. Jack is still getting worse. I take Jack to a new vet that a friend recommends and when we get there the vet said, Jack has a massive ulcer on his tongue and advanced dental disease that could not wait until July. All the while, Dodger is still vomiting daily. The other vets did everything they could for 7 weeks but the ulcer on Jacks' tongue ruptured and severed his tongue and Jack had to be put down. MY BABY IS GONE BECAUSE OF THESE INEPT CLOWNS!!!

Yesterday, Dodger went to his new vet and the reason he’s vomiting is because the vet put him on Royal Canin brand food. Mars owns Royal Canin…. AND BANFIELD PET HOSPITAL. So what this means is the pet hospital is corporatized and the goal is to keep my babies sick, so I have to keep coming back in! The reason Dodger has been so sick is because they were giving him food that was nothing but cornstarch and telling me that it was the only thing he could eat!! The new vet said Dodger should recover on a PROTEIN based diet of wet food that’s grain free. It's too late for my boy Jack though...

Original review: June 24, 2019

The wellness plan and services are absolutely the worse I have dealt with. I am absolutely unhappy and would not refer my worst enemy to Banfield or Banfield Wellness Plan. I called customer service and I was told I have to pay over $300 to cancel. This is an outrage! Banfield should be reported to the BBB as well as the Board of Vet and a class action suit should be filed immediately!

Original review: June 24, 2019

Bought my daughter a pup, decided to go with a wellness plan which is 50+ a month. Was charged 116 on my first visit, 100 on my second. Had to give my pup to a foster because he was biting my 8 yr old daughter. Informed Banfield of the situation. I have 2 options. Pay out the remaining months of 50+ a month or pay it off @ 489.00 which I feel both are unreasonable seeing as I had to give the pup up. Will never do business with a company who makes you complete a wellness plan on a pet you no longer have.

Original review: June 20, 2019

My dogs were patients of Banfield in Copperfield. When it came time to bring them in to have their preventative meds refilled, I requested to bring both of them at the same time. Putting them into the car to go to the vet is extremely stressful for them and I needed to do them both in one trip. Diana answered the phone and informed me that I would have to bring one in at 2:30 and the other one in an hour later. She would not combine the two in one visit, even though the appointment was only to get their scripts renewed. I canceled and called the 800 number to complain.

I received a voice message from Ashley (she called from the actual Copperfield location) saying that she wanted to inform me of their policies. Sounded like it was going to be a complete waste of my time to talk to her, but I called her back five minutes later anyway. No one knew anything about anyone calling me. I called back a few minutes later (after re-listening to the voice mail) to give them Ashley's name. Got their voice mail saying that they check their messages every hour. That was on the 18th. Today is the 20th. I've heard nothing but crickets.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I will start off by saying I've had a wellness plan with Banfield for several years and my pets have always received stellar care from the locations I've taken them to. No issues with the staff, quality of care, costs, etc. My review today is based on the lack of quality customer service I've received lately when contacting their call center for help. Within the past month, I've had them make errors on my account at least 3 times. The last time they were supposedly going to waive one of my pet's monthly wellness plan fee, yet they did not.

Prior to that, the month prior, I was charged twice for the same pet's wellness plan. Today, I call to get assistance with managing my pets' plans and I get a message that there is a 40 minute wait time due to "high volume". A 40 minute wait/hold time!? Are you kidding me? I had to leave my number for them to call me back when they're able. This is not the type of customer service that one expects to receive for any business...especially one that I've paid into for nearly 10 years.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I signed in a Wellness program for $52 a month since 2016. I used to live in Palm Coast Fl. So I went to their hospital there. They do dental cleaning even if they found out my poodle has a heart murmur. I was told to just keep a watch now and then. My dog is ok. I always been able to talk to the Doctor in Palm Coast clinic after every checkup. But when I moved to Ormond Beach Fl, I started bringing my dog to their hospital in Daytona Beach. Their clinic refused to do dental cleaning during the exam, because of my dog's heart murmur. They want to do an X-ray which will cost me more than $200. And was told if they find something wrong they will do surgery. That was so blunt saying that surgery is the only way. I can imagine how much this crooked people would charged me for surgery. That’s when I decided to cancel my membership.

I called the corporate office and was told I still have to pay for the months lefts until my membership expire...June 2019. I called for an appointment for June 15. Lo and behold, they refused to see my dog because my membership ends June 13, only two days after before my appointment. Or I will have to pay the exam out of pocket. I refused to pay on their demand. I felt so downhearted when a Dr refused to see your pet. If Medical Dr have a Hippocratic oath to see not just sick patient but also well patient for routine check up, I am sure Veterinarian have too. I would bring my dog to a real veterinarian who have a heart for animals. I have never meet the doctor in Banfield clinic in Daytona Beach after every checkup except from some helper/nurse to explain what’s going on. Banfield hospital in Palm Coast is far better compared to the one in International Speedway in Daytona Beach. Pet owners!!! Beware bringing your dog in Daytona Beach clinic.

Original review: June 10, 2019

We participated in the wellness plan for 4-5 years. Here's the issue. My dog was put down on 6/1/2019 and my plan renewed on 2/19/2019. The issue is we don't need the plan and they want to charge me back for expenses used since 2/19 and the discounts that were given. I asked when I renewed what happens if my pet doesn't make the term of the plan? I was told, "You simply call and cancel the plan." So I call and they wish to charge me back in full for the discounts given since I didn't complete full term of the plan. When I called they said it is in the plans information. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: June 7, 2019

Not only is this company completely unprofessional but they also displayed discrimination and defamation of my character. I was threatened and put down by the front office staff as well as the guy who was supposedly the only manager I could speak to. After calling 5 minutes after my appt time due to a car accident on Dr 28. Called more than once getting a vm stating they were closed. Finally got in touch with them 7 minutes after my appointment time telling them we made it and are parking for them to tell me "you are already halfway through your appointment". Are you kidding???

So they stated I would have to leave my 114 lb Akita who isn't friendly with strangers. Made me fill out papers etc etc. Went to waiting room. Waited. Their time meant nothing I guess. Still only ten min after my scheduled appt for them to say the male staff who threatened me wants me to leave and go to another vet. I can go on and on about the legalities but I got a lawyer instead so please get only your legal team to contact me and I will give you my Attorney info. Thank you. Mary **, Paralegal

Original review: June 1, 2019

My dog was throwing up on Tuesday and moping around and not wanting to eat. So I thought she maybe ate something that didn’t sit well. Wednesday came she still throwing up not using the bathroom and not wanting to eat or drink so I called Banfield once I got home from work. I told them all the symptoms and said she looks dehydrated. So the girl at the front desk says, "Well we are booked today. I can put you in for tomorrow." I’m like, "You have nothing." She said no so I waiting till Thursday. Went in and they started telling me what they can do for her and the cost so I went with ice fluids and anti nauseas meds. Doctor told me if she doesn’t get better bring her back and they will do X-ray. Mind you I have to pay for all this there and then. So Friday came my dog got worst. Brought her back. She was blue and they did X-ray and found she and a blockage from a rope she ate. She was unstable already. She couldn’t walk or anything.

If they would of seen me on Wednesday when I called I could of waited the 24 hrs. She could of came in Thursday which she was still walking a little bit alert. Maybe the surgery they recommended from and emergency hospital could of took place that day but Friday came and she was too weak and they couldn’t do surgery till Saturday! They told my husband it was 4,600 for surgery so I said yes let them so he transported her to the emergency hospital. When I got there they said the surgery was 6,000-7,000. When they saw her condition it went up to 10,000+. I didn’t have that kind of money so my only option was to give my dog up. This could of been prevented if they would of seen me the day I called!!!! I would never go back again!!!! I lost my beautiful dog - my son's dog - for these people I trusted!!!!

Original review: May 31, 2019

First off, this review is not regarding the veterinarians serving the hospitals. I've had great experiences with the doctors. On to the reason for the ONE STAR REVIEW! I've had my dog in my family for 11 years. He's been a wellness customer for almost his entire life. For the past many years I've been charged for one pet, around 36 dollars a month, because I only have ONE PET. About five months ago I started to get charged about 86 dollars and some change. I called and was informed that, my agreement shows two dogs that aren't mine, and now I'm being charged for that amount. I informed Banfield that those are not my dogs and that I only own one. I've never paid nor taken these two other dogs to any Banfield Hospital. It turns out these are my brother's dogs that apparently I am paying for now. My brother has not been charged for his two dogs instead they are charging me.

My dog's wellness plan has disappeared apparently out of nowhere. Since I've never been charged these amounts before because I only have my one dog, my account has been over drafted each time these charges come out. Why? I don't budget for services I do not need. Getting in touch with a supervisor is the most RIDICULOUS thing I have ever heard of. They connect you to a voicemail and a "supervisor" will call you back within 24-48 hours?? I was hoping this exchange would be a simple refund considering, those have never been my dogs and I have never paid for them since I've been a part of this wellness plan. Also, when I tried calling up to the actual PetSmart to cancel my debit card so they would stop with these unauthorized charges, I was informed that my brother was the owner of my account and I would have to have him call and cancel it for me.

So to sum up the review, for the past five months out of the blue, I'm being charged almost triple what I was paying for years for my one and only dog. My brother hasn't been getting charged at all. My dog's charged are nowhere to be found and I'm no longer the account holder for my OWN DOG! This is the WORST experience I've EVER endured.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I took my dog to Banfield for years. The wellness plan worked out until he really got sick. I changed plans to cover x-rays. I was contacted with the results of his physical and informed that his spleen looked enlarged and that I could pay for a radiologist consult. I agreed. Less than three days later, my dog was dead. Not only was I left with the remainder of paying for the plan (11 mos), I had to pay for a necropsy, cremation and transportation. The vet never sent the x-rays out for a consult, yet I paid for it. Banfield showed no concern as to the cause of his death especially since he had just seen the vet. I have not and will never step foot in Banfield again.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I called to cancel my plan, as they cannot seem to keep my pets straight. My skinny cat is overweight, although when I called to cancel it was suddenly changed. When I looked at my cat’s records I have that receipt where it states he is overweight. Also it seems my younger cat has the same dental issues as my much older cat. Something wrong here.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I will NEVER take another pet to Banfield again. We had a 12 year old Rat Terrier that we trusted Banfield to help. Our dog had experienced minor seizures for his entire life. Through research, we figured out that certain things would "trigger" his seizures, such as flea medication, pesticide sprays, and chemicals. We also found that certain vaccinations were linked to seizures and sometimes death, especially in smaller breeds. We managed his seizures for years, using a holistic diet and CBD for dogs.

Last Winter, however, our dog had a couple seizures close together. He also began vomiting what seemed to be just bile, and he stopped eating his regular kibble and treats. We attempted to feed him baked chicken, rice, sweet potatoes, etc. This worked for a short time, but soon he lost his appetite for these meals too. Desperate, we took him to Banfield to try to figure out what could be wrong.

When we got in to see Dr. Michelle **, it did not go well. First, the doctor ran blood tests and said that our dog was very healthy aside from a MINOR UTI. For some reason, she did not think it was significant that our dog had stopped eating, and was listed in their records at 17 lbs., but was now only 12 lbs. A loss of 1/3 body weight should send RED FLAGS. The doctor also laughed off the seizures, saying that we were mistaking an "anxious" dog for a seizing dog. So, upon ignoring our base reasoning for bringing the dog to the vet in the first place, Dr. ** prescribed an antibiotic for the UTI, and went ahead and pumped the dog full of several vaccinations as well. She also up-sold us on the Banfield Wellness Plan so we could have unlimited visits in the future.

An antibiotic, and multiple vaccinations in a dog that was not eating and had a history of seizures... That night, our dog suffered the most intense Grand Mal Seizure he had every had. We had never seen anything like it. It was heart-breaking. We immediately took him to another vet who determined he was terminally ill with cancer. We were given meds to keep him comfortable and stimulate his appetite for 2 weeks so that we could say goodbye before having him euthanized. We returned to Banfield because we wanted answers as to how they could be so wrong in their diagnosis. Why would they sell us a Wellness Plan for a dog that was dying? When we explained that we were there because our dog was literally dying, THEY TRIED TO SELL US A NAIL TRIM AND TEETH CLEANING.

Upon this visit, Dr. ** basically said, "yes, the dog is terminally ill". That's it. No apology. No explanation for ignoring his symptoms and torturing him with multiple vaccinations. No acknowledgment that those vaccinations triggered his worst seizure ever and accelerated his death, and made everything more painful than it needed to be. No expression of regret for hooking us into their Wellness Plan even though he would not be alive to use it. Banfield didn't kill our dog. They just made his last days miserable. We take our pets to the vet because we want to do right by them. We trust the vet to do what is best for our animals. Banfield ignored what we told them, ignored our dog's signs and symptoms, and destroyed what was left of his immune system. Now we are stuck paying a monthly insurance bill to a pet hospital that didn't even care about our pet.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I took my dog to Banfield because he was throwing up, appeared to be losing weight, and was having seizures. The vet, Dr. Michelle ** checked him out. She didn’t seem concerned about the weight loss, and completely down played the significance of his seizures. She did say he had a minor UTI, she prescribed antibiotics, and while she was at it, she sold me a wellness plan and updated a few vaccinations. Later that day my dog had a grand mal seizure the worst seizure he had ever had, and was taken to DoveLewis emergency where he was diagnosed with cancer. 20 days later he passed away.

I do not blame Dr. ** or Banfield for the death of my dog, however I do believe that the Banfield doctor failed to recognize the severity of his symptoms. I went to Banfield for help and what they did was up-sell me a wellness plan and vaccinate my dog, a dying dog. I wish in hindsight that when I called Banfield they would have let me know one simple thing: that they are not trained to help dogs with such severe issues. Seizures require a speciality vet trained in neurology and they do not have those at Banfield. I wish I would have known. I believe that when I went in to Banfield their main concern was getting me to buy into their wellness plan and to sell me vaccinations. It’s a shame and I will never trust them with another pet.

Original review: May 22, 2019

This all started in January when my baby girl Shilo died. I had been trying to cancel this plan since before then. Long story short. She got sick. I took her over to Banfield and they wouldn’t see her. Told me to come back tomorrow. 3am we ended up having to take her to an animal ER, paid 3k and she never really got better, and eventually we had to put her down.

I used to sing praises and Banfield Pet Clinic. Not anymore. Never again!! Got a letter saying I owed 133.95 and if I didn’t pay it was going to collections, so I called and the auto attendant now says my balance or 170+ (interest or another monthly fee) who knows. Anyway I paid it, then called to talk to someone to make sure both plans were canceled. Oh guess what. Another 30 minute hold time on the cancellation line.... Go figure, so I opted to have someone call me back, at least it wasn’t 2 hours this time. So someone calls me back and no, not both plans were canceled, just Princess’ plan was but not Shilo’s. I still owes another $140 for her plus they were charging me for Proheart injection that she wasn’t even getting anymore. I’ve never been so pissed. I was disrespectful and hateful to the the guy on the phone and I don’t care. You who know me know I usually take it. Grin and bare it. Deal with it and move on.

I thought I was over this but apparently not 'cause I completely blew my cool with this guy, he got both barrels and I let it fly. The complete lack of interest and care by the vet is what caused this in the first place, and now I’m dealing this “person” that is just as uncaring and disinterested as the vet was and I owe another 140.00 (at least he offer to remove the remain proheart injections). You blood sucking pathetic **. I don’t care how much $$ I saved on Shilo’s plan. She’s gone you **!!! How about you bring my dog back!! Do Not ever use Banfield’s insurance plan!! They don’t care, all they want is your money. You can cancel anytime but be ready to fork over the entire balance you owe even what you don’t use. #Banfieldtheheartlesspetclinic. #Banfieldthemoneygrubbingpetclinic. #Banfieldtheanimalhospitalmy**

Original review: May 21, 2019

I took my dog to Banfield animal hospital for a check-up. While I was there they pressured me into signing up for the wellness plan telling me that I could cancel at any time. Well we lost our dog so no longer needed the plan so I tried to cancel and they told me that I owed them hundreds of dollars for services rendered. I only took my dog to this vet one time and paid that bill in full and now they're trying to take me for hundreds of dollars that I don't owe them. Beware. You cannot cancel this plan. They want you to pay the entire balance of the plan plus whatever discount you might have gotten your first visit in order to "cancel". Don't be fooled like I was thinking I was doing the right thing for my pet when all they are concerned about is the money.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I have wellness policy for my dog for many years. Now Banfield is closing hospital in my area, and they will not let me cancel without penalizing me and making me pay until the end of the policy, which is six more months after they close the hospital. That’s a bad business. Not my fault that they closing the hospital in my area, not only I have to find a new vet for my dog I have to pay down until November.

Banfield Pet Hospital Company Information