Banfield Pet Hospital

Compare Pet Care Companies

Research top Pet Care Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

First of all, I was totally sucked into signing up for my kittens to be a part of the wellness plan at Petco. The manager made me feel like he was giving me some kind of deal and even told me how I can get out of this wellness plan ANYTIME WITHOUT ANY COSTS/FEES. He totally took advantage of me and my ignorance. I am a single mother of two young children and shorty after we rescued our kittens, we were told we had no other choice but to get rid of them due to our apartment complex rules and regulations. It was so hard to mentally give them away like that and to try to explain that to two very young girls. I then went to cancel my wellness plan and the man I spoke to over the phone told me I'd be paying well over 300 for EACH kitten in order to cancel their plans. I was so crushed but went ahead and paid it over time.

I thought I was done and ready to start moving forward when I got a call from them telling me I still owe an additional 187 for each kitten in order to cancel!!! I am LIVID!!! I literally have them every last penny I had. I live paycheck by paycheck at this point and am behind in my bills because I choose to impulsively "pay off" the debt to Banfield wellness plan when in reality, IT'S ALL A SCAM!!!

I can't believe I fell for it and now my credit will be effected by this mess when we used their services TWO TIMES TOTAL!!! First appointment was for them to get rid of their "kennel cough" (upper respiratory infection) and the second appointment was just a follow up to make sure they were clear if the infection. There's absolutely no was the services we used equated to nearly one thousand dollars!!! I'm very upset and I'm writing this review to hopefully give views advise to NOT SIGN UP, don't fall for their crap!!! I'm not the only negative review on this site and I sure as hell won't be the last!!!

Went today get test results taken 2 weeks ago and would not return calls. Dr ignore us. Still do not have results. When I told them I will contact Banfield Corp get results and medication FedEx came out. One just came in and had medication all in less than 5 min. When I got home found out that it is the medication they gave me for skin. Still have not produce test result. Have contacted Banfield corp. Appears that they have lied on the illness claim test to raise prices. Should not have to go thru this while animals may be sick. Will go to vet for another examine.

My dog got his annual physical on 6/2/16. Supposedly everything was fine. Come November he became very lethargic and shaking, I was out of town so my wife tried getting him the Banfield vet since we have a wellness program. They declined to see him. They said they were too busy for two days following. We took him to a local vet. They ran some tests. Found out his liver counts were way up. Took him to a local pet hospital. They did a liver ultrasound and found a large tumor on his liver that was cancerous.

This didn't happen overnight and in June they said they ran internal organ wellness tests. Never saw them take blood though. It cost me over $2000 to find this out. Had to put my beloved JR down after 12 1/2 years. Then I tried to quit the wellness program. No one answers the phone. Sent an email to them explaining the situation and that my pet passed away but still they kept charging my credit card. I paid six months of the wellness program. I felt that was enough since they denied care for the dog. Now they are hounding me for the money. Screw them. They are a scam. Stay away.

Seems that my debit card was not acting properly and would not accept their pinging of my account for 4 months. Sent to collections because it was not fully paid. Then they charged me for the remainder before cancelling my account. Called No Customer Service and talked with a rude foreign male in Vancouver Washington. Asked to speak to a supervisor and nothing happened for 6 weeks. Finally a call and I ended up telling them I was going to do exactly what I'm doing here. Giving them a "one finger up" rating. Good riddance to the finance department. The local pet hospital is a wonderful place to go, but never let Washington get after you. Can't say how disappointed I was and mad I am that we must start over with two grown ** dogs. Adios Banfield.

I took my son's dog in today, initially for a well checkup as per his plan but Maggie ended up hurting her leg so I asked them to please look at it and let me know. They called me back saying she was ready and I asked about her leg. Their response was that it seems fine back there. I explained it's not fine. She is not bearing weight on it. So they said "well I guess we could walk her around the store to see". Then they call me back to say that there is definitely something wrong! Duhhh! They request to do a X-ray for $180.00 and I approve that. They call me back and said the dr can't see anything but she wants to send them to an orthopedic to read. I say I'd like to talk to the dr. first and they say she'll call me back.

Now, mind you, they have been calling my number ALL morning and the dr. calls my son. I'm watching his dog while he works in Dallas so he has no idea when she calls what is going on except that she was limping last night. He asks dr. to call me and she says "aren't you the owner?" They further says "I'm afraid it's fractured! I need your approval" so he obliges and calls me immediately! I try calling her back and am put on hold for 15 minutes!! By the time they answer me, they say it's too late, it's already sent off and that they have approval. When the dr. calls me with results I let her know I wasn't happy because I was going to wait and see if it improved over the next couple days and if not then I would approve reading it. She goes into telling me that it could be premature arthritis and pure bred dogs are more susceptible to diseases than regular dogs. What!!!

Anyway I brought my dog Dixie to Banfield for years and this is the first time I felt played. Very disappointed! Going to write review on every site I find. And to top it all off (I was going to just chalk it up in my memory) they just now call me to say they forgot to give me her ** so I'd need to come back. I live on the complete opposite side of town headed towards Boerne. Very upsetting and much disappointment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Banfield Pet Hospital?

I've heard/read so many complaints about this Wellness Plan and the actual location (on Oakton in Evanston, IL) on where I take my two dogs and now it's my turn to add my two cents! I've taken my two dogs there for the last 9 1/2 years. Over the last three years this practice has gone through a not so good change. I feel as though this location is where these doctors are there completing an internship for both the doctors, assistants and the reception help.

First ever emergency I've ever had was last Tuesday, 4/18. I thought my dog was dehydrated and would not walk on her left back foot and they couldn't get me in until 3 days later, and suggested that if it was an emergency then go over to Blue Pearl emergency care and I did. Blue Pearl ran blood test, hip x-ray, liver ultrasound (suffering from a bad case of arthritis), they gave me meds for and said to follow up with my normal vet (Banfield). I called them to arrange and follow-up as instructed and concerns that I had on the meds and their side effects and my dog's current status which was not doing that great. They never returned my call and I paid them a visit on Saturday, 4/22 to have both my dogs' records printed so that I can transfer them to another VET. Just pitiful.

NOW for this Wellness Plan "it's awful" to say the least. You're always coming out of pocket for something for the patient's portion and I think for the doctors portion is INFLATED so that you have to stay in this plan until your policy is set to expire! I just called to cancel my plan and they told me that the services that I had over the last 6 months were very high and if I wanted to cancel and stop auto-deduct then I would have to pay upfront an $400+ overage of what has been billed by the doctor (and that's just for one of my dogs). I was like what? TOTAL SCAM! So now I have to just let the coverage expire and continue to pay the monthly premium for the next 5 months and not renew! Can I just say, "total scam" if you do not read the fine print! This sucks and I'm completely disappointed with this Wellness Plan and the VET office. I've paid out more money on this plan and the patient's portion than it was worth. Just pitiful.

I'm not too sure why Banfield has terrible reviews... I have nothing but fantastic experiences. I pay a small fee of $52.95 a month for their top plan, and I get a 20 percent discount every visit. Our vet, Dr. Denise **, is absolutely wonderful. The reviews for this company are way off. It's not the entire company that's terrible, it's the offices. The staff at my Banfield is wonderful. The front desk girls are so sweet and welcoming, my dog loves them - and I feel 100% confident if I ever have to leave my dog there for a procedure. I mean seriously... For the price you would pay at a typical vet, $53 a month isn't bad. My dog had a procedure done at Banfield which would've costed probably around 2-3,000 at a regular vet's office, but after discounts, I walked out paying a small fee of $201. Banfield is fantastic.

I have been taking my dog to Banfield Pet Hospital for the last 11 years. I pay $37.00 per month for the wellness plan. Wednesday my dog went in for a wellness check with these concerns. She has not been eating well and has been losing weight. She also had an occasional cough. They did a blood test, gave her 3 different booster shots. They said that she had an enlarged heart and that was the cause of her problems. They offered more tests for around $400.00, which we declined after looking up enlarged heart on the internet. By Wednesday night she could not stand, walk, or barely respond. Breathing heavy and acting as though she was in pain. A call from Banfield on Thursday all this was conveyed to them. They said call if it does not get better.

On Friday early, we called Banfield to take her in. They told us there were no openings Friday or Saturday and that we should take her to another vet. We took her to a local vet with all the paperwork from the Banfield checkup. Within 20 minutes this Vet looking at Banfield's blood test said that there are at least 5 or 6 things here that are huge red flags. She explained them all and said "I believe she has some sort of cancer." An x-ray confirmed a grapefruit-sized tumor on her spleen. That combined with the poor blood counts (I believe accelerated by her booster shots). My lovable, wonderful, warm friend was put down today! I could have had another couple days or weeks. NOW, Banfield wants me to pay the $37.00 until the end of August. PEOPLE BEWARE!!!

I consider myself thankful that I didn't get ripped off for large amounts of money like several of these reviewers, but I can totally see how it could happen. This group pushes their "wellness plans" on you for several hundred dollars. I declined. I merely took my dog in for an eye infection. Then during the exam, they gave me a laundry list of issues that needed to be addressed, and of course the wellness plan would be an ideal way to have most of the issues covered (how convenient)... I had them do the eye drop test and then they gave us some antibiotic eye ointment and I went on my merry way... I got out easy even though the ointment they prescribed is only 15 dollars online rather than the 45 dollars they charged. I was lucky enough to ID their bait and switch technique within the first few minutes, so just be warned, and I personally advise you steer clear. It'll cost you otherwise.

Never any appointments available. Call 2 weeks ahead no appointments. Try to send you to the emergency hospital. Why am I paying them for no treatment? Say they have no vets trying to hire some. Never happens. Why are they selling pet health plans when they offer no treatment done with them?

Consumer Increased Rating!

I wish I would've checked Banfield out more thoroughly before I took my puppies there! They talked me into purchasing their wellness plan for my 2 puppies with the promise of free visits, immunizations, neutering. What they didn't tell me, until the manager just admitted it, but recanted after being afraid of her medical director's retaliation, was that they are SO UNDERSTAFFED that I'd never be able to get my puppies seen there!!! I was told to take them to an emergency vet when they were sick. This cost me 300.00.

Also, they have staff that wear white coats and pretend to be vets and they are not!! They gave me the wrong medication for my puppies after their neutering and now are trying to cover it up!!! If you try to quit the wellness plan they will hound you and threaten your credit by turning you into a collection agency. Forget about talking to corporate or even a manager!!! That part is a joke for they won't give out medical director's information. They told me to go to another vet and prove they gave my dogs the wrong medication. The manager is so rude and hateful it was uncomfortable talking to her. If you see Banfield, run the other way!!!

NEVER take your pet to Banfield. They practically force you to buy their useless Wellness Plan, which is another way they SCAM you. After checking your pet, they print a very long list of items that they pretend are problems that your pet has. They lie, lie, lie. They have people working for them that wear white jackets and you assume they're veterinarians. They're NOT!!! I took a small Lhasa Apso to them for 7 years and my dog was healthy. They ripped me off for $4,000.

I got another lhasa after my 1st lhasa died and I now go to a Low-Cost Spay & Neuter near my house. They are HONEST and it costs a few dollars. Also, they don't tell me that my dog needs her teeth cleaned every 6 months - a BIG money-maker for Banfield as that costs several hundred dollars a pop. Plus your pet is given anesthesia - dangerous. They could just use a metal pick and remove the plaque. If you’re not near a Low-Cost vet go to one of your local vets but Google their name(s) and check out Yelp for honest vets. Banfield should be taken down!!!! They're owned by Mars candy bar company.

This is in regards to Belleville, MI location recently "acquired" by LegacyVet/Banfield. I have been going to this animal hospital for years now and seeing the same doctor, who was let go when the acquisition happened. I will be going to his own clinic now. Last week, my dog was groomed at another location. Since she is old, she has some skin tags/adenomas. One was clipped during a brushing and I noticed over the weekend it was oozy and a little bloody. I called Monday (3/27) to schedule an appointment to have it looked at. They suggested I simply make the appointment for Tuesday (3/28) to have it removed, rather than just having it examined. Reluctantly I agreed.

Sometime during the day, my dog's cyst had ruptured or she'd bitten it, because she was covered in blood in the surrounding area! This increased my worry of infection, as I felt a hard lump under the usually superficial cyst. I brought her into the vet office where she was promptly taken from me and I was told "We can do this with a local anesthetic. It shouldn't take more than an hour." I was not brought into an exam room to voice my concerns, to ask questions, or to have the procedure explained to me. I returned nearly an hour later and was not addressed in the waiting room. After about another 45 minutes, I asked the receptionist, "Is my dog still alive?" (jokingly, to ease my own nerves) to which she replied "let me go find out..." This is NOT how you talk to a nervous pet parent!!!

After paying an OUTRAGEOUS amount - which did not include a sedative, even, for my nervous dog - or antibiotics or pain meds - I was finally brought into an exam room (waiting another 45 minutes), thinking the doctor herself would bring my dog in to me and discuss the procedure, after-care, etc. No. A tech brought in my anxious dog with her bloody incision, handed me the leash, and walked away as he said "Have a nice day." No "Do you have any questions?" I stopped him and demanded someone come speak to me.

Finally the doctor came in, disheveled, saying she had back to back procedures that day. Is that my fault/problem? How am I supposed to feel knowing that the DVM is overbooked? How is any pet parent supposed to feel knowing the procedures are probably being rushed and their pet is being caged up until a room is available for discharge? My dog has anxiety. She was likely in a cage in the back for hours before she was given to me.

The doctor did not discuss the procedure or after-care with me; rather, she waited for me to ask questions. I asked "What is this lump underneath? It's rock hard and worries me." She did not have a straight answer for me other than that it would "go away on its own." I expressed that I was worried about it becoming infected underneath, and she said that "it would be fine" as my dog's temperature had been normal before the procedure...?

I didn't feel that she wanted to be talking to me any longer and was too busy, so I went home. She told me to call back if I had any questions. I called back as soon as I got home. I told the receptionist who answered that I felt I was just shuffled out the door, and she said "Yeah... Let me get a tech." A tech picked up after a few minutes asking what the problem was, and stated, "The doctor said she already talked to you about all of this." ??? Okay, so my concerns are no longer valid? I said, "I am concerned about the hard lump under my dog's incision, that she was not given pain meds or antibiotics, and was not told any after-care instructions for this wound or what signs I should look for in case of infection." She again said, "You don't have anything to worry about. Put a onesie on your dog to keep her off the sutures." A ONESIE? She then asked "What? Did your dog even have done?"

This tech, who was supposed to be easing my concerns, did not even have my dog's chart in front of her. Everyone in that office was just itching to go home. If you are in any kind of health care - be it for people or animals - you commit yourself to go above and beyond for the welfare of OTHERS, even if it means staying a few minutes later when your "shift" is over. This place operates like a factory now that it is "franchised" and I will not be taking my dog back there. Overbooked veterinarians mean less patient-centered care, rushed visits, and could ultimately harm our beloved pets. I am disgusted.

My daughter tried 3 different Banfield, Boynton beach and west palm beach due to her dog not being able to put weight on back right leg. She paid monthly for the plan. All she got is that they could see the dog in a few days. One even asked if emergency and then again as others can see dog in few days. So why even ask if emergency! Daughter took dog to private vet. Diagnosed with aggressive bone cancer and that is why dog is in pain. Tomorrow which will be 2 weeks from trying to get in to see someone she is having to put her down. How sad. How uncaring are your offices. What a waste of money she spent with you for years all to be turned away. They want the money but dont care about the animals!!!

I adopted a dog on a Saturday and my family had allergy issues. We put him on a wellness plan on Monday and tried to cancel on Thursday due to having to return the dog. They will not let you out and want $400. Beware beware beware.

I took my dog for vaccinations that I adopted because previous owner passed away. She was 6 years old. Somehow I was advised into getting an Optimum Wellness Plan because the dog has bad breath and was told all her teeth needed to be extracted and it would be cheaper if I accepted the plan. I have not been able to pay for the plan or take the dog for the extraction because is too expensive. I am constantly being harassed with phone calls to pay this plan that I cannot afford. I am a senior citizen and this has been extremely difficult for me. What is confusing to me I bought the dog PEDIGREE DENTASTIX and Arm & Hammer Dental Water Additive and the dog no longer has bad breath and seems a very happy little dog. I may have to give up on my dog and take to a shelter if I am forced to pay for this plan.

Our cat, Layla, started to limp while I was out of town on a business trip. The second day she was limping my 12 year old daughter took Layla to Banfield in Pleasant Hill, California where she was diagnosed with an ingrown claw. Banfield recommended immediate surgery to fix the claw and had my daughter leave Layla with them. My daughter picked Layla up several hours later and was told that the claw was removed and that Layla had stitches that would fall out in a few days. Then they charged her $759 for the visit and the surgery. Layla chewed the bandage off of her foot later that same day. No stitches! And, her claw had not been removed - it was still intact! Layla had only a tiny, tiny red spot on her paw where her claw had grown long enough around to poke into the pad of her paw. Banfield simply clipped the claw to shorted it and the problem was fixed.

Clearly a simple pair of claw clippers fixed the problem. So why the lie to my 12 year old about surgery and stitches and claw removal? I supposed as an avenue to turn a $50 routine visit into a very lucrative one. I can not believe that Banfield lies like this and to a CHILD! They told my child that her cat needed surgery! Can you imagine how upset and worried she was? What dishonest, terrible, horrible people they are! And then they stole money from her - they charged her almost $800 to clip a toenail!!! WHAT is WRONG with those people? NEVER take your animal to Banfield! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!!!

1st puppy visit: Very disappointed and disgusted with this animal hospital, I brought my puppy's shot record and this hospital claimed that the records were not legit because the previous owner purchased the vaccines and gave the shots herself to the puppy and because of that they had to start over (LIES) another way to take your money, if that's the case then how do diabetics stick themselves at home so it's legal for a human to do so but not an animal... then they tried to convince me into signing a 12 months $35 dollar a month contract for unlimited visit.

Think about it, one minute who really takes their dog or cat to the vet monthly unless the animal has an incurable disease that needs frequent visits. Thank god I wasn't dumb enough to sign then they didn't even returned my old shot record claimed, they couldn't find it (hmmm wonder why). I submitted a review about the visit someone did call me back. She was worse than the place. She acted as she didn't even care. I hate this place. They are rip offs. Their prices are ridiculous. I should had did my homework before just walking in there $255.00 dollars later for my puppy's first visit, guess in the end they won but that's ok. They will never get another red cent out of me and hopefully not others who read this.

I was excited when I got Simba my Chow enrolled in Banfield’s Wellness Plan where I paid a monthly fee for his vet visits, for his shots, surgery discounts and health visits. My main purpose was for the fact that we knew he had Entropion which is a common issue in larger Chows knowing he would need that done. When I first enrolled in the plan we knew he would need the surgery done and they told us we could get it done there and at a discount 10% rate. It's an expensive surgery so it would be beneficial. The surgery couldn't be done until he was a bit older because his face had to grow before they did it or it could do more harm than benefit.

As time went on and I paid for the plan it came time to where he could have the surgery done. Well my Banfield location decided THEN they were going to go back on their word. They didn't want to do it. They didn't feel comfortable. I argued and complained about it for sometime before they decided to tell me that there was a Banfield doctor far away from my convenience that would do it but ONLY, ONLY, ONLY if I got him fixed at the same time. I told them I did not want him fixed. I had a male and a female for a reason. They knew that from the get-go but after arguing with the corporate office in a BBB dispute I noticed they enrolled me in a wellness plan for neuter which costed more even though I told the lady I didn't want him neutered so it's like they planned it all along. So basically they told me either I get him fixed OR my dog would be in pain and they would do nothing about it.

I ended up having to go to a different vet and pay full price for the surgery, meds, anesthesia, etc then pay for the stitches to be removed following surgery for full price. I contacted Banfield and complained. They contacted me. I complained. Told them what happened. Nothing got resolved. I didn't receive the benefits listed for what I signed up for and what they signed me up for without telling me (the neuter) but Banfield still expects their money? I felt as if Banfield was underqualified to provide the care for my family member and I didn't want to take him back... I didn't feel comfortable and the fact I was lied to and conned into the agreement by being given falsely provided information made me not trust them. Banfield breached the agreement not myself by providing a disservice to my dog which is my family member to where I had to go elsewhere.

So Banfield terminated the relationship as my family vet not myself. Now they sent my account to collections on my credit report. I paid money monthly until this happened. Afterwards I didn't want anything to do with their vet office. They're vet doctors and inexperienced uncomfortable doing common procedures. Have horrible reviews on here which I didn't see until after what happened to Simba, so I took my business elsewhere. Garbage, don't do it. Don't believe what they say because all they care about is your signature on that dotted line of the agreement obligating you to pay which the FANTASTIC corporate office replied with to my BBB complaint and didn't care to resolve my complaint. Look at the rest of the reviews, don't fall into it like we did. Get a real vet, not a place in a overpriced pet store.

After moving to new city with my 12 week old, 3 lb puppy who needed his puppy shots and flea/tick prevention (especially since California has terrible problem with fleas which we didn't have in my former hometown) I decided on a whim to take him to vets at local PetSmart. Worst decision I could have made. The first thing they do before even examining puppy is to sell me a monthly paid plan at almost $50 per month, totalling over $700 per year when all I wanted was 1st round of puppy shots and flea prevention med. Only after my firm insistence that all he needed were shots and flea meds, did they make sure his testicles had descended and did nothing more as far as "exam". No temperature, or looking in his ears or mouth. They then weighed him, gave him shots and handed me flea med to apply to his skin myself at home.

I then paid the outrageous bill of $128 & went home. Since I had a wonderful vet in my former hometown, who truly cared about animals and never overcharged or tried dispelling, I knew this wasn't the same sort of veterinary practice and was certain I wouldn't be coming back there for vet services. 30 days later though and only because they didn't give me an actual prescription for flea medication I went back to PetSmart and purchased the same puppy flea medication they'd sold me the month before.

After administering to my now almost 16 week old 4 lb puppy, he started chasing his tail for literally 2 hours which had me panicked after reading warning in docs they gave me that said if animal starts "circling" to immediately bring him back to vet as this can be serious reaction to medication. So I rushed him back to Banfield Pet Hospital, explained issue and their first words were "This visit will cost another $60 for exam". I was shocked and disgusted and then found a reputable vet in my new hometown. Don't risk your pet's health or safety by going to these used car salesman like scam artists.

I have had a horrible experience with the service of Banfield Pet Veterinary. They misdiagnosed my dog. The dog had to be put down. I was also in a wellness program which charge me each month. I paid for many of the services x-rays with my dog got sick and each time I paid a bill upfront yet they still wanted to charge me $500 for the rest of the wellness plan. Do not use this service.

Took my dog in to Banfield Apple Valley CA. He saw Doctor Tess **. After spending $600 in test she wrote me three prescriptions for my dog. I went to CVS to fill them, they only had carried two of the medications, the third medicine was an antibiotic. I went back to Banfield and told them CVS did not have it. Could they give me an alternative medication. I was told that it had to be that particular antibiotic and to try other pharmacies which I did. Went to Walgreens and CVS. No one had it. I then called the office and asked again for another antibiotic. Was told the Doctor was in surgery and they would call me back before closing. No one ever called.

The next morning I called and asked again for another antibiotic. My dog is sick. He needs an antibiotic. Was told again the Doctor was in surgery. I had to raise my voice and threaten to report them to the BBB if I did not get an antibiotic for my dog, and if I had to take him to another vet I wanted a full refund. They called back within five minutes and said they found someone with the medication and would send it to me overnight. So here it is two days with a sick dog and no antibiotic and will be at least 1 more day before my sick dog has his medication. Horrible. How can you prescribe a medication that you don't offer or no one else does? How can a ethical Veterinarian let your sick animal not have an antibiotic for three days? She could have started him on something so the infection would not get worse but choose not to. Will never ever take any of my pets back to this so-called hospital.

Today I cancelled our Wellness Plan with Banfield as we no longer needed it. I had been reading on your site about all the terrible problems people have had with the cancellation process so I was really nervous and on guard for the up-sell etc that people have talked about. I ended up speaking with a super nice young man and he took care of every thing with a cheerful and understanding attitude. By the way, we have been with Banfied for approximately 13 years in two states (Anderson SC and Mount Vernon WA). We have never had an issue with any of the vets, nor their helpers. We'll probably sign up for the Puppy Wellness Plan when we get our next dog. No complaints whatsoever!

Banfield sent my wire haired dachshund home with probiotics and No antibiotics when we took him in with a bad skin infection. He would have died if I had not taken him to our current vet, with whom my doxie had to spend 3 days in intensive care and be fed plenty of antibiotics.

Brought a rescue dog to pet hospital. Paid cash value upfront for one visit. Got talked into a membership. Was told I could cancel anytime. Pet ended up placed with adoptive family. Been bugged, harassed now six months for monthly fee. Reported to BBB. Complaint ignored. Dishonest company. Pure fraud, bank extremely sympathetic. Banfield should be banned! STAY AWAY.

I've had Banfield for my cat for more than 5 years now and I'm done with these people. Before I cancel it I need to express how they made me feel today cause this can help other pet owners not to bring their loved ones there anymore. My cat has had bad experiences with them but as he gets really stressed when he goes to the vet (almost all cats do) I usually apologize and understand they can't see him right away cause of their excuse of having surgeries, etc etc, but you know what? It's not my fault if they have more urgent patients, get more employees to help then, stop trying to make it so profitable by doing what they did to my cat today.

Now I have another cat that I adopted who is in the wellness plan too, I dropped my both cats off today at 7 am, as they asked me. They both had ear issues, fungus and bacteria, and they were supposed to be treated today. One was going to have dental cleaning too, which he did have and the other one was going to have blood work and to have his ears cleaned so he would need sedation because of his behavior. All of which was recommended by Dr. ** in Pompano Beach and I followed his instructions.

After 7 hours, a Banfield employee called me and said they needed my approval for sedation. What? I asked. "Korisko who is supposed to have his ears treated has not been seen yet cause we are very busy." Can you imagine how a cat would be in a strange place inside his carrier after 7 hours? He pooped and was stepping on it when I came at 4 o' clock to pick him up and he had not been medicated, no blood work done, no food, water, nothing at all. So please pet owners, do not do that to your pets, this place failed to give my cat treatment, attention and seemed not to really care about it.

I started crying at the reception cause I could not believe this was happening again and the receptionist, a guy (Friday 24th at 4 o'clock) really could not care less about how I was feeling as if they had no obligation to do anything. I called the corporate office and the employee Darcelle said I had to put a formal claim, bla bla bla. So they protect themselves so much that for my claim to change something in this company it will take forever or even never will other procedures be enforced and we will be treated well.

When Pompano Beach opened I thought, different from Coral Springs and Margate, I would be able to trust the people there. Well, they got busier and busier and are the same as the others. Their board is full of pets' names, it feels like a factory production line, numbers, numbers, numbers. My both pets are now under my bed and even though they are hungry they won't come out, that is how BANFIELD makes them feel, traumatized by a doctor's visit. And worse, now I will have to take them somewhere (which I should have anyways) to have their ears cleaned and medicated, which was the main reason they went there today. I'm done.

I am going through some difficult financial times due to being unemployed for eight months last year, so I needed to cancel the wellness plans for my dogs to free up some income. Was told since I had used the plans, I now owed them over $600 to cancel them. I have paid over $1200 to date for the plan for 3 dogs, and they say I owe over $600 more. This is for a puppy plan. I will never do business with them ever again.

I took my cat to Banfield with an ear infection. They checked his ear and he growled due to them pulling on his ear. They informed me that I needed to bring him back the next day because they had to put him under with anesthesia because he was a vicious cat. I took him back the next morning and they said I had to pay for another office visit. They had already taken him back and I decided I wanted my cat back. It took them about 10 minutes to find him.

After that I decided I didn't want them to have any paperwork I had filled out so I asked for it. It took another 10 minutes for them to find that also. I left there and went to a vet office near my home. I had never used them but they took him in as a walk in. They removed the wax without anesthesia and allowed me in the room, and they laughed about Banfield calling him a vicious cat. I called Banfield head office after this ordeal was over. They never apologized. To the contrary, they told me that I was just a pebble of sand in the ocean. Since that day I have warned every pet owner I know of my experience.

I had heard mixed reviews from many people about this place but I wanted some help with my dog Ariel. She was 7 years old and hadn't been keeping down anything, or very little, and we wanted to help her. We went there to see if they could help her and we got her checked out... But they refused to do ANYTHING but just a physical... ALL BECAUSE WE DIDN'T HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY AND WE COULDN'T GET CREDIT!!! My dog died a week later when she probably could have been saved if they had just helped her. I will NEVER EVER go back to that place. They killed my dog because we didn't have money to pay for the visit... And they wouldn't let us pay in a couple days... DO NOT GO TO THIS EXCUSE OF AN ANIMAL HOSPITAL. THEY WON'T HELP YOUR ANIMAL IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE FUNDS!!!

I made an appointment for spay of my cocker spaniel two months in advance. My pet had regular check ups, but not with this facility, and was healthy with documentation to prove it. I arranged my work schedule to be home with her post op. Arrived for the appointment at the scheduled time and was told surgery was cancelled since Banfield had not seen her. This was discussed at the appointment setting, that my pet had been to regular office visits elsewhere and since moving, we wanted Banfield to do her surgery. During the phone call I was told this was ok, that the Dr. would check her out prior to surgery.

I received no notification of any kind in the two months that the appointment was cancelled. The girl at the counter said she called but the call did not go through. I received no phone calls from this office and no notification whatsoever that the surgery would not be performed as scheduled. This is exceptionally poor customer service resulting in lost time from work, inconvenience, lack of sincerity when reporting the cancellation, misrepresentation of professional services, discomfort to my pet with being NPO since midnight, and complete disregard for what appears to be their error in not putting her surgery on the schedule. I would never leave my pet in the care of this hospital.

Banfield Pet Hospital Company Profile