9Lives Cat Food
1.46/5

Need help choosing a cat food brand?

9Lives Cat Food

Lavonia, GA

Need help choosing a cat food brand?

280 9Lives Cat Food Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

This only got 1 star 'cause I had to pick something in order to post! I beg of you if you feed your pets this stop immediately! I have fed my cats 9Lives wet food for years. Recently my cats have gotten sick and then my dog ate it and also is sick. 2 of my 3 cats have died after eating it and my dog is looking like she may not make it even after hundreds of dollars of vet bills. This needs to be recalled before any other pets suffer!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I rescued a cat about 3 months ago and she refused to eat hard food so I finally gave up trying to get her to eat it. I bought several cases of 9Lives...various flavors. On Monday night she ate half of a can then ate another half of a can the next day (two separate cans but same flavor). By that night at 11pm she was so sick. She was puking and had diarrhea so bad. By 5 am Wednesday she passed away. She was a very healthy cat before the 9Lives food. She had been to the vet and was in perfect health. I am devastated. My son is devastated. I hope something is done with this company. There are too many bad reviews for someone not to do something!

Get expert buying tips about Cat Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

My cat loves 9Lives canned pate. Recently she licks the juice and that's it. This has been going on for a month now and I kept smelling this awful smell around my pet feeding area and I thought maybe someone had an accident until I picked up the food bowl that had the pate canned food in it. I about gagged because it looked muddy and smelled like feces. I have written 9Lives and asked if their recipe has changed because it's wasted money. I wouldn't even feed it to strays. It smells that bad.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

My cats have eaten 9Lives canned food for a few years. I just received an new order of food and every time my cats eat the Super Supper flavor they get sick. I split a can between 2 cats at night and in the morning I wake up to find sick cats. They've puked up a small amount of food but a lot of spots of just liquid on the floor & bed & furniture. Both cats are lethargic and have thick drool coming out of their mouths. I fed them the Super Supper Friday night & they were sick Saturday morning. Fed them it again on Monday night & they were sick Tuesday morning. Fed them it again Thursday night and woke up this morning to sick cats. It's definitely the food that's making them sick.

Original review: July 5, 2019

My daughters friend brought over 9Lives Meaty Pate. She thought her cat had an allergy to something in it because it made the cat sick. Fed it to my two cats this morning. In about two hours both cats were vomiting and had diarrhea. The one cat seemed to recover after flushing out her system, but my other cat started drooling and became very weak. Just get back from urgent care where they gave her fluids, nausea medication, and antibiotics. They said her inability to stand and partially paralyzed front leg is not a normal dehydration symptom. She potentially consumed a food borne neuro toxin. Don’t know at this point if she will recover or if the damage is permanent. 9Lives Meaty Pate is POISONOUS.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 9Lives?

Original review: June 26, 2019

I think my daughter's cat and dog have died from 9Lives. My daughter bought a bag at Walmart. The cat died the next day. Then months later the dog got in the bag and ate almost all the bag and starting throwing up. He is dead. I have cried and cried. I love this animals. I prayed for them everyday. This hurts my heart so bad.

Original review: June 7, 2019

My cats are finicky and won't eat anything else. They also get 9Lives dry food in the afternoon. If I buy any other kind They will not eat. They love the food they get.

Original review: May 8, 2019

My cats' been recently getting sick from 9Lives. I have never had a problem before until recently. All three of my indoor cats has vomited every time they eat. Recall your food. You are making cats sick and from the reviews I am not the only one having problems. I have recently switched brands and not one cat has vomited. I would have gave you no stars but I had to give at least one. Do not feed your cats this poison.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I have stopped buying your wet food, because the plastic wraps are VERY EXCESSIVE and wasteful. Eliminate the plastic, and I will start buying again. It's takes a thousand years to get rid of many plastics too. Duh!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I found a nickel sized of what looks like charcoal or a rock in 3 cans out of a 4 pack. I didn't get any response from them after contacting them. I will no longer buy any of their products. I'm disappointed and angry!!

9Lives Cat Food Company Information