2. Pets

Save 30% on your first autoship

Shop your favorite brands on Chewy.com

Shop now

9Lives Cat Food Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 9Lives Cat Food?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 9Lives?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

My cats have eaten 9Lives canned food for a few years. I just received an new order of food and every time my cats eat the Super Supper flavor they get sick. I split a can between 2 cats at night and in the morning I wake up to find sick cats. They've puked up a small amount of food but a lot of spots of just liquid on the floor & bed & furniture. Both cats are lethargic and have thick drool coming out of their mouths. I fed them the Super Supper Friday night & they were sick Saturday morning. Fed them it again on Monday night & they were sick Tuesday morning. Fed them it again Thursday night and woke up this morning to sick cats. It's definitely the food that's making them sick.

Original review: July 5, 2019

My daughters friend brought over 9Lives Meaty Pate. She thought her cat had an allergy to something in it because it made the cat sick. Fed it to my two cats this morning. In about two hours both cats were vomiting and had diarrhea. The one cat seemed to recover after flushing out her system, but my other cat started drooling and became very weak. Just get back from urgent care where they gave her fluids, nausea medication, and antibiotics. They said her inability to stand and partially paralyzed front leg is not a normal dehydration symptom. She potentially consumed a food borne neuro toxin. Don’t know at this point if she will recover or if the damage is permanent. 9Lives Meaty Pate is POISONOUS.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I think my daughter's cat and dog have died from 9Lives. My daughter bought a bag at Walmart. The cat died the next day. Then months later the dog got in the bag and ate almost all the bag and starting throwing up. He is dead. I have cried and cried. I love this animals. I prayed for them everyday. This hurts my heart so bad.

Original review: June 7, 2019

My cats are finicky and won't eat anything else. They also get 9Lives dry food in the afternoon. If I buy any other kind They will not eat. They love the food they get.

Original review: May 8, 2019

My cats' been recently getting sick from 9Lives. I have never had a problem before until recently. All three of my indoor cats has vomited every time they eat. Recall your food. You are making cats sick and from the reviews I am not the only one having problems. I have recently switched brands and not one cat has vomited. I would have gave you no stars but I had to give at least one. Do not feed your cats this poison.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I have stopped buying your wet food, because the plastic wraps are VERY EXCESSIVE and wasteful. Eliminate the plastic, and I will start buying again. It's takes a thousand years to get rid of many plastics too. Duh!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I found a nickel sized of what looks like charcoal or a rock in 3 cans out of a 4 pack. I didn't get any response from them after contacting them. I will no longer buy any of their products. I'm disappointed and angry!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I was shopping at Publix about a month ago and came across 9Lives wet cat food on sale and decided to stock up. Our family was adopted by a stray about a year ago and figured he’d enjoy some wet food for a change. A few weeks ago I noticed he was acting a little strange but didn’t think much of it. He’s now having trouble sitting up and he’s doing a weird thing with his neck. He is acting totally lost, circling around and around. A few days ago I was on Publix website and noticed a recall due to low levels of thiamine. All the symptoms fit and I’m livid at this company. After doing a lot of research I’m realizing what garbage I’ve been feeding this poor cat and that they are still selling it recall after recall. Shame on 9Lives!!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I recently bought 9Lives for my 2 year old female cat since it looked to be a better affordable buy. Day 1. After eating we noticed her throwing up. We didn’t link it to the food until my dog got into her cat food and he started throwing up too. Day 2. We continued to give her the food because we weren’t sure if it was really the food doing this to her or maybe it was something her and my dog got into the day before without us noticing since they are little menaces together, but again she was throwing up again after eating the food. I did a little research on 9Lives daily essentials and found that the reviews were all a little scary and changed her food immediately. She has been doing much better since.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

My beautiful feline daughter loved 9lives at one point. I would get this brand at the dollar store to supplement her other food. Here and there I noticed globs of hairballs she would purge up but thought nothing of it. Then a month ago, she started retching. She coughed up 2 hairballs and then just started vomiting up foamy saliva. It did not stop and I had to take her to the ER. It was 4 visits all together in one week because the local vet did not want to help us so my poor baby had to go 4X to the damn ER! Her retching did not stop and she also had stopped eating. I was beyond hysterical. The Xrays and blood work was fine.

The sonogram showed she had a mild thickening of intestine and it could be anything. It was recommended we do a food trial. The problem still continued and I cried and cried feeling helpless. She would not even go into her room where her food was. She refused to eat! We gave her an appetite stimulant and gave her some milk that seemed to help. We also got a box full of Meow Mix and she ate that like she had not eaten in years! Now I am reading the reviews of 9lives and I am shocked and yet now I have some closure about the problem. I will NEVER purchase that poison again!

9Lives Cat Food Company Information