9Lives Cat Food
1.45/5

Need help choosing a cat food brand?

9Lives Cat Food

Lavonia, GA

Need help choosing a cat food brand?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

9Lives Cat Food Reviews

Original review: June 7, 2019

My cats are finicky and won't eat anything else. They also get 9Lives dry food in the afternoon. If I buy any other kind They will not eat. They love the food they get.

Original review: May 8, 2019

My cats' been recently getting sick from 9Lives. I have never had a problem before until recently. All three of my indoor cats has vomited every time they eat. Recall your food. You are making cats sick and from the reviews I am not the only one having problems. I have recently switched brands and not one cat has vomited. I would have gave you no stars but I had to give at least one. Do not feed your cats this poison.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: March 22, 2019

I have stopped buying your wet food, because the plastic wraps are VERY EXCESSIVE and wasteful. Eliminate the plastic, and I will start buying again. It's takes a thousand years to get rid of many plastics too. Duh!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I found a nickel sized of what looks like charcoal or a rock in 3 cans out of a 4 pack. I didn't get any response from them after contacting them. I will no longer buy any of their products. I'm disappointed and angry!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I was shopping at Publix about a month ago and came across 9Lives wet cat food on sale and decided to stock up. Our family was adopted by a stray about a year ago and figured he’d enjoy some wet food for a change. A few weeks ago I noticed he was acting a little strange but didn’t think much of it. He’s now having trouble sitting up and he’s doing a weird thing with his neck. He is acting totally lost, circling around and around. A few days ago I was on Publix website and noticed a recall due to low levels of thiamine. All the symptoms fit and I’m livid at this company. After doing a lot of research I’m realizing what garbage I’ve been feeding this poor cat and that they are still selling it recall after recall. Shame on 9Lives!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 9Lives?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I recently bought 9Lives for my 2 year old female cat since it looked to be a better affordable buy. Day 1. After eating we noticed her throwing up. We didn’t link it to the food until my dog got into her cat food and he started throwing up too. Day 2. We continued to give her the food because we weren’t sure if it was really the food doing this to her or maybe it was something her and my dog got into the day before without us noticing since they are little menaces together, but again she was throwing up again after eating the food. I did a little research on 9Lives daily essentials and found that the reviews were all a little scary and changed her food immediately. She has been doing much better since.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

My beautiful feline daughter loved 9lives at one point. I would get this brand at the dollar store to supplement her other food. Here and there I noticed globs of hairballs she would purge up but thought nothing of it. Then a month ago, she started retching. She coughed up 2 hairballs and then just started vomiting up foamy saliva. It did not stop and I had to take her to the ER. It was 4 visits all together in one week because the local vet did not want to help us so my poor baby had to go 4X to the damn ER! Her retching did not stop and she also had stopped eating. I was beyond hysterical. The Xrays and blood work was fine.

The sonogram showed she had a mild thickening of intestine and it could be anything. It was recommended we do a food trial. The problem still continued and I cried and cried feeling helpless. She would not even go into her room where her food was. She refused to eat! We gave her an appetite stimulant and gave her some milk that seemed to help. We also got a box full of Meow Mix and she ate that like she had not eaten in years! Now I am reading the reviews of 9lives and I am shocked and yet now I have some closure about the problem. I will NEVER purchase that poison again!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

My cat had never eaten 9Lives before. I actually bought it on a whim at Walmart. Wish I would of stuck with our normal brand! After eating 9Lives 20# blue bag for a week my cat died!!! He was only 5 years old. Shame on you 9Lives! People need to know that you’re killing pets. People love their pets like family. Check your product!!! I warn anyone and everyone DO NOT FEED YOUR CATS 9LIVES. They will die!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

My cat loved this stuff... (9Lives pate). I just bought a new box of pate favorites and after eating he started vomiting all over the house. Thought he had an upset stomach, so I didn't link it to the food until the next day when again after eating he started vomiting but this time it came with horrible diarrhea, that my poor baby couldn't even make it to his litter box for... Never again will I feed him this crap. He seems to be feeling better today. He still has diarrhea but he's making it to the box and he's no longer vomiting. I am so happy it wasn't a worse ending and that he seems to be recovering. Please be very cautious of feeding your kitty this crap, something is very wrong with this food!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I have one cat and one kitten. Neither would touch it. The next morning I tried again. Both smelled it and walked away. They would rather starve than eat it! They are not usually picky eaters. Don't buy this crap.

9Lives Cat Food Company Information