4.13/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Zappos

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 14, 2017

43 Zappos Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

6PM sent me damaged Guess shoes. The women's flat ballet shoes have a rhinestone bow on the top of each shoe. One shoe sent to me was missing TWO stones. I can't believe the person packaging this order did not notice this damage. I am greatly disappointed to have to return these shoes. Come on 6PM! Let's do a better job!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I was introduced to Zappos about 4 yrs ago. Never once did I think to shop online for Athletic Shoes, boots, dress shoes or summer shoes. They have my size. I love bright colors. They definitely made it super easy to shop around and buy what you want. If you need assistance you can call them & they'll walk you through the process. The best part about Zappos, it's next day delivery.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

This is a great company. I've been ordering from them for years. They're the only place I can consistently find shoes that are 4e wide. Easy to order, easy to return. Any problems I've had with products are quickly resolved in my favor. Feel safe ordering from this site. Exactly as advertised.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Zappos offers such a huge selection that it's easy to get lost on their site, but if you are looking for a specific item and have a specific budget, it's easy to type in all the criteria and filter down the choices. I have only used Zappos for their shoes. The name brands and selection is great. Becoming a VIP member allows you to enjoy overnight shipping, and returns are always free of charge. Could not be easier to shop online!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I have bad ankle problems, explained my situation to a lady that goes by the name of Goddess with Zappos, she stayed on the phone with me a very long time, to help me. I appreciate that, not too many people deliver good customer service like that. I have worked in C.S. for 15 years. Nice to see someone who values me. I have bought over 6 to 7 pair of shoes in 1 year and have sent them back, even the z-coils, because of my ankle pain with standing at work.

If these shoes do not work for me, I want to let someone know that Goddess, gave me the best customer service ever and I would recommend this company to anyone. I just have problems with my feet, that require medical attention, which I am seeking. I hope these shoes work. This lady had me to look at several pairs of shoes and even looked at reviews outside of the website to help me make a decision. Highly recommend this place.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zappos?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Great site. Huge selection of good quality merchandise, fabulous return policy. Easy shopping, fast shipping. Prices are about average for the market. Love these guys!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Zappos has awesome value, fast shipping and returns. Easy to get hold of if needed. And a huge variety of all kinds of sneakers, shoes, boots, you name it. Zappos is the place to find what you want.

Original review: June 18, 2017

Back on May 23rd I place an order for 2 Caps and 1 pair of pants. On May 28 at 11:29 the package was dropped off. USPS placed the package in the lobby of our apartment complex. The problem is. I didn't get the package at my door. It looks like someone took my package from the lobby and kept it for themselves. This happens here which is why deliveries usually require a signature by the proper recipient. (In the past they have always required a signature at delivery) I have purchased many items before from Zappos and never had a problem. These items all arrived without a problem. My last order price was $106.33 that I didn't receive. I have written a number of letters to Zappos customer service email address: cs@email. zappos.com and have never gotten a reply. Now I'm making payments on a credit card for things I don't have.

More than anything I'm heartbroken. I really liked Zappos. They have a lot of items at prices I can afford. And I like the small videos they have describing the items. My emails have been begging for help, NOT flying off the handle. To me it seems like such an easy fix. I don't want my money back just please resend the items with signature required by recipient. I've worked in retail for many years and there's insurance companies have to cover the cost. Plus they can always file a claim with the USPS. I hope this gets me some help.

Original review: May 19, 2017

First, Zappos sent a pair of shoes in different sizes. Next, they said that they will ship a new pair with correct size which did not happen. Credit card was charged but no item was shipped. Then, contacted customer services for help which was not nice. It was a very nice store till last year but not anymore. Waiting for a refund.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

Zappos offers so many different varieties of items to choose from, people assume it is only shoes and it SO is not. Have so many different brands of clothing, outerwear, and accessories too. They have the very best customer service I have ever experienced in my life. It is like their employees are speaking to you after they just won the lottery. They go WAY, WAY above and beyond to make your experience with them the very best it can be. No company out there had easier returns (online that is) than Zappos. I would purchase every single thing I ever needed from that company if I could. Whatever their CEO and COO are doing other companies could sure learn a whole lot from! Zappos ROCKS!!! I think Zappos and my souls just smiles very big. ;)

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

Received things in record time. I ordered a soldering iron and solder. I received everything in excellent shape. I also found some nice glass and it was fabulous. I received all my stuff for way less than other places who had the Same items. They have a lot of hard to find articles. I love looking on the website. It was very easy to get around the site. The search pulled up lots of matches. So easy to use. I love it. I will recommend it to all my friends. I have not had to send anything back. I'm sure they will offer great service on returns. This is an awesome site. Everyone I know loves it.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

Offers easy quick returns and good reviews of goods on the website. Service is easily accessed and it is easy to ask questions or to start an exchange or refund process. Good selection of items for sale and a wide variety of sizes. The items for sale cover a wide variety of styles for both men and women. It is an easy to navigate site, with the ability to put in brand and size requirements, as well as style choices so you don't have to look through so many items. I have never returned any items to this retailer, but from the online info, it looks very easy and cost effective. A prepaid label is a bonus as well.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Fast, helpful, experienced service. I ordered and had no issues. I told my friends and family about Zappos and I will be ordering more things for my family and friends for Christmas. Good job guys and keep up the good work! I am very please with my purchase and how fast the process was. I encourage my family and friends to check it out, as it is a great find! Very easy to use. I have a hard time navigating web sites, but this was a breeze! Thank you for making it easy to use for someone like me who struggles!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

I did deal with them once several years ago and it was a very positive dealing as I remember. I got the shoes I wanted at a very fair price plus it was free shipping and the package arrived in only two days which is much better than Amazon. The website is laid out in a neat and orderly way and is easy to navigate and find the product you are looking for. Also they have so much more than just shoes. I once had to return a pair of shoes that did not fit properly and the process was very easy using the enclosed return label. My refund was issued within a few days.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I bought a pair of Toms that were delivered with free shipping in a very timely manner. Came quicker than I thought and no problems with the shoes. As long as a company doesn't ship the wrong item or the item isn't damaged I'm a pretty happy camper. Shipping was free as well which is what I shoot for from any company! It was pretty easy to order and search for the Toms. In fact I was surprised they even had Toms which made me a little bit happier. The process of entering a card making an account was pretty straightforward as well. I would assume based on their free shipping that they will most likely provide a way for you to return the item free of charge if you are not satisfied.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

Ordering was a breeze. Payment way safe and secure with no problems. Being a first time customer I was pleased with the customer service and return policy which I didn't have to use. Everything I ordered was to my satisfaction. Nice people in the customer service department. Told me if anything was not to my satisfaction to send it back for refund or exchange. The return policy was told to me in person from someone who spoke English. Return if not satisfied with no questions asked.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

I had ordered my stepdaughter a backpack she wanted for Christmas last year and I ordered late. But they had to me in record time for her Christmas. No problems with my order with it being so close to Christmas last year. I ordered rather late and was not sure it would get here in time. I emailed them to make sure it was on its way and they assured me it was. When I went to Zappos, all I had to do was type in the name of the backpack that I wanted to order and it came up the first item. As long as you have a good description of the item, it is very easy to find it. I have not had to return any items to this retailer. Everything I have ordered has been exactly what I wanted with no problems. I am sure if something had to be returned, it would be no problem with their customer service.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

Very fast and resolved the problems I had quickly. Very easy to talk to and made me feel at ease. Would highly recommend Zappos because of their fast and friendly response. Their app is easy to use as well. I feel Zappos quality of items versus the value is very good for my shopping dollar. Items were very good quality and have held up very well with normal use. The site and app was very easy to maneuver thru and answered all my questions that I had on items. The checkout process was very easy. I haven't used their returns policy but I expect it to be as easy to use as the whole ordering process was and I read their customer reviews and it was very helpful.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

The order process was very easy. My shoes arrived promptly and were exactly what I expected and a perfect fit. If they hadn't been right, they have an easy return policy which makes it easy to order also.This is a great online retailer providing great service and a wide variety of merchandise. I have always been able to find exactly what I want very quickly through their search. The search engine is great. Size, color, dressy, casual, whatever you are looking for. Great styles, great variety to choose from. Quick and easy and fast searches. The return policy is fantastic. No questions asked and free returns. This process is as fast and easy as ordering. I would definitely recommend this company.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

Needed help with a return. Very easy to deal with customer service. A return label was emailed & the correct product was sent. The customer service department was helpful & professional. She explained the entire return process & issued a credit immediately. I had priced the shoes at a retail store & also at additional online stores. Because of the good service I previously received I purchased from Zappos. The shoes came quickly & no shipping costs. Their website is easy to use. The brands of shoes are clearly listed so that the purchaser can select the item they are looking for. Checkout is easy to navigate. Easy to contact is my number one. No long wait on the phone. When a human answered they were pleasant & helpful. Return process explained in a professional way with no attitude.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I had to return one item, and speaking with customer service was very easy. I was able to exchange it for a different item without any issues. The customer service representative was so nice. I always find good deals. They have competitive pricing, and I always end up shopping with them. They sell quality items at good prices. If I bought the same thing in a store, I'd pay twice the amount. The website is very functional and user friendly. I can easily find items that I am looking for and the checkout process is very easy, as well. I've only had to return an item one time, but it was so easy, it has definitely made me buy through Zappos again. The customer service reps were very kind and helped me through the process. Easy!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

Placing my order was easy and I was also contacted with a confirmation email which I really like when companies do that so I can move the emails to a receipt folder. They have nice shoes from very well known brands, the shipping is reasonable and the customer service is good too. They have a pretty good reputation from what I've seen also, which is what made me decide to order from them in the first place. It's very easy to use, just as easy as using eBay or Amazon. You can read reviews of products and sizing information before you add them to your cart and checkout is also simple too. I honestly don't know their return policy because my items fit fine but I'm sure it's an easy process judging by the customer service and ease of use on their site. They seem like a very promising company.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

Email alerts for new products, unusual sizes, availability, current styles, competitive pricing, customer reviews... good and not so good. Prices are about what one would pay in a store or another website. Super fast shipping is the value. Free returns, also. Merchandise is easy to find by size, genre, color, price, heel height, newest. Price going up or down. Super fast checkout. Multiple payment options. I cannot attest to the returns process because I've never had to return a product, but it looks simple and user friendly.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I did not really engage in much customer service. I did return the shoes, and it was easy but I never needed to talk to anyone. I like that about it. I prefer to do things through website only. I do not like it when you have to reach a high minimum value to get free shipping. Shipping costs too much. I think shipping should be free or very cheap. There is a big selection and it is easy to move around the website and find the right color and size. It is sometimes hard on some sites to tell whether something is in stock, enter your information to buy and so on, and this was not the case. I would say the worst part is how long it takes sometimes to get the money back, because Amazon is much faster.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I didn't have any problems with my order, so I didn't interact with customer service outside of my order. But the order was delivered ahead of schedule, and the company provided me with frequent email updates about the status of my order. The shoes featured were affordable and stylish, and they were good quality for the price. I would recommend this company for its products and their value. My experience with using the site was great. The checkout and shopping process was easy and clear, and I completed it quickly. There were no issues with the website or the shopping process. Based on everything I've seen and experienced with the company and their website, I feel confident in saying that the returns process would be satisfactory too.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

Never had any issues so it was great. I never had to talk to anyone but my stuff arrived on time and packaged nicely. I would order again in the future. It was a great experience. It was a good value and I was really pleased with the quality of all the products. I was really surprised at how affordable things were and how great the products were. It was really easy to find and search for what I wanted. All the products were arranged in an easy to find manner. I also loved how easy it was to checkout. I never had to return anything. I was really pleased with everything. It looks like everything would be easy to return.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I called customer service and asked about an item that been listed as sold out. Customer service went beyond the moon to get me a replacement item and even called back after I got my item! There are always some discounts or specials that are going on. They will also price match if they don't have a sale or special going on. Price matching is also fast, quick, and easy. Using the site is very simple if you've ever shopped online. Their interface is very simple and to the point so it's easy to read everything. I've never actually run into technical issues whenever I shopped on Zappos. I would have to say that this is my favorite experience when it comes to shopping on Zappos. The fast returns and refunds is something that has come to spoil me.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I didn't have any interactions with customer service during my ordering process. Based on my receival of my items though and the speed of shipping, I would surmise that they would be very efficient and helpful. I compared prices and found good deals at Zappos. They carry a wide range of sizes and brands of all types of shoes for everyone big and small. They have an extensive search engine to find the exact shoes you are wanting without having to go through pages and pages of irrelevant shoes. They have an easy system to use for making returns. It's easy to order a large variety of shoes to try on at the comfort of your own home and then return what doesn't work.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Great with exchanging shoes - no shipping or return fees. The items were well packaged and I never had any problems. Did not speak with anyone but website was user friendly. Price for the same products was similar to sites across the internet. I really would have had no reason to shop elsewhere. I loved the variety as well. Easy site to navigate, easy check-out process. I would definitely use this site again for shoe shopping and I must also say that the bag I ordered was really cute too. I had to return a pair of shoes that were a little loose. It was an easy exchange for another pair of shoes that fit me just right. It really was no hassle.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

This site has such a variety whether it be shoes, bags and accessories. I'm sure the average shopper will be quite satisfied. Plus, the free shipping and free return policy make it a premier site. The free shipping and free return policy make it a one stop shopping site. Any consumer would be well advised to shop through it. The way the site is set up is amazing. You can shop by brand, price color etc. The site is super fast in loading the pages and super fast to check out. Although I have never had to return an item, they provide a prepaid return slip. This makes it so easy. And the packages are very well made to facilitate your return.

Zappos expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Zappos was established in 1999 to offer the widest selection of shoes online. It became a part of Amazon 10 years later and now sells clothing and accessories in addition to shoes.

• Search features: Zappos makes it easy for shoppers to customize their searches. Consumers can narrow their search to a single size or multiple sizes, which makes it easy to see all the right sizes in different brands. They can also narrow their search by brand, style, color, occasion and more.
    • Images: Customers browsing Zappos can see multiple images of most shoes on Zappos, which show the shoes from all different angles. Many products also have videos so consumers can see a model move in the shoes and hear a product description.
    • Selection: Zappos works to offer the best selection of shoes available online. It offers an extensive collection of brands and styles. Consumers can search for women’s shoe sizes 2-20, and sizes 4-13 all return a sizable result list.
    • Returns: Customers who are not satisfied with their purchase have a full year to return or exchange it. Return shipping is free for all customers in the United States, and exchanges come with free one-business day shipping.
    • Customer service: Zappos strives to provide exceptional customer service. Customers can reach representatives by phone 24/7. They can also send Zappos an e-mail or speak with someone via the website’s live chat feature.
    • Best for: Zappos carries adults’ and children’s shoes, and their selection makes them best for any type of shoe shopper.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs