4.23/5
Based on 66 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

66 Zappos Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Since it is difficult to get the correct size online I returned some boots to Zappos. Also I returned worn boots that they sent me. I bought a Timberland boots from them a little less than a year. My ankle started to pain so the foot doctor told me to return the boots to Zappos and get a different pair. I called up Zappos and the rep contacted the help desk. She told me to return the boots and they would send me another pair. The boots they sent me was all used and disfigured. I called them up and they told me to return it and they would send another pair. The rep processed the order yesterday. I was supposed to get it on Monday.

Today I received an email stating that Zappos do not want to do business with me. I spoke to a manager and told her the first rep who told me to return the boots that I had for almost a year should have told me that. I said to her to send me back the first boot that I returned to them. She said that she could not do that since my boot was somewhere in the warehouse. Now I am 70 years old and I am on social security - can barely make ends meet. I live in Maine with a lot of snow. I cannot afford to buy other boots. Because of this blood sucking Zappos I am now without boots.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I ordered sandals from Zappos.com. I received the wrong sandals so I returned them - that part was easy. A few months later I realized I hadn't yet gotten a refund so I contacted them via email. I received a prompt response BUT I was told that because I sent back an item that wasn't in the original order I wouldn't receive a refund. The only way I would get a refund was to send back the correct item.

Now I can't remember if I mentioned I had received the wrong item when I requested to return the sandals but apparently Zappos was just going to keep the sandals I returned, not refund the price of those (which were $10 cheaper than the ones I ordered) and not bother to contact me to straighten the issue out! I had to follow up with them about the status of my refund. When I mentioned I had received the wrong item so could not ship back anything else, I was assured I would be getting a credit for the original price. I will be checking my credit card to be sure it comes! But I will certainly not order from Zappos again.

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I'd purchased many pairs of Hush Puppies in stores and thought I'd save time by ordering a pair from Zappos. I wear size 8. When I received the shoes, size 8 was on the box but not inside or outside either shoe and the shoes were about 2 sizes too small! I called Zappos and was told I couldn't have a refund but could request a replacement. It was clear the Rep didn't believe I'd received a pair of shoes without the size anywhere on the shoes. I realize now the shoes I received were likely fakes. I've not ordered from this company since.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I received a package for someone who does not live at my address. I contacted Zappos thinking they could look up the person and give them a call without needing to give me any information about the account. Apparently, without verifying her specific information, they cannot find her. I don't believe that with the information I have (her name, shipping address, tracking number, etc.) that they cannot find her. However, apparently they will not go above and beyond to assist her without her calling them herself. I don't believe for a second that they cannot look up the information and find a contact number.

The gal I talked to at Zappos was very nice and very clear. I'm sure she was doing what she was trained to do. However, I think it's unfortunate that when someone (an outsider) is trying to make an effort to help, there is no way for the company to take the extra step to reach out to their customer. Not to mention that she told me I could go ahead and keep the package or donate it because they would simply consider it a lost package. That surprised me. When I asked if I could just return it to USPS, she said if I didn't want to deal with it, then I could definitely do that. I was surprised and a little disappointed that they seem so apathetic. This must happen often.

Original review: June 30, 2018

Zappos is the best online store. They make every effort to please the customer. I had an exchange and customer service made it so easy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zappos?

Original review: June 19, 2018

I just had THE BEST customer service experience. I can’t for the life of me remember his name, but his opening line was “how may I help you on this fabulous day?” And I knew it’d be wonderful from there. He was quick and to the point with helping me out while also being friendly and all around just awesome. He didn’t even need to do anything, yet he decided to go above and beyond for me. Killing it!

Original review: June 2, 2018

One of the best online retailer if not the best. Excellent customer service, easy returns and exchanges. Shipping and return are free which makes it very convenient, if the shoe does not fit.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I like Zappos for their rapid responses, good selection of shoes, efficient shipping and easy returns. Only thing missing is a larger selection of orthopedic shoes.

Original review: May 30, 2018

The website is easy to use and allows me to filter precisely for style, size, color and heel height to find just what I'm looking for. Delivery is fast and returns free.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Couldn’t be easier. They have almost everything I am looking for. Free returns, with no questions asked, is tops. Quick refunds. Pleasant and convenient too. Rarely shop any other way.

Original review: May 26, 2018

It's always a bit "iffy" to buy shoes online from any vendor, especially if you don't know the brand well. They may fit, or, they may not? But, Zappos makes returns easy and breezy. They are known for their good customer service. This makes me willing to take a chance, and buy a pair of shoes or boots online without having first tried them on. I know I can send them right back and get a refund quickly and without any hassle.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Zappos.com is great to shop online. They have a great selection, prices are competitive, large selection of sizes, postage and returns all accommodating.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I like customer reviews that lets you know details about the shoe and info about the fit. And if you do not like what you get, you can return free of charge.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Zappos is a great site. Quick and free delivery and easy and free returns with return label. New styles are generally available in most sizes but they generally don’t stock narrow sizes.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Zappos is one of the best online stores to shop. You know if there is any problem that you are guaranteed they will make it right. Their customer service is untouchable. They offer free shipping and if you’re not happy with your purchase you can return that for free too. Their prices may be a little high but in my opinion it is worth it. They have a very large number of items to choose from and it is all quality goods. When I am looking for something special Zappos is always my first stop.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I really like shopping at Zappos! Of course for the shoes but I also think they have a great variety of clothing for women and I especially like their skirts section! I like the ease of ordering and how simple it is to send items back that don’t fit or really aren’t flattering. They have developed a wonderful system for returns. I also think the customer service experience is always stellar. Anytime I speak to an agent on the phone they are funny pleasant and always helpful! Love it!

Original review: April 28, 2018

I LOVE ZAPPOS! They are professional, nice, respectful, knowledgeable, courteous and polite and they all speak English! If they don't have an item they will search and help you find who does. It is a pleasure dealing with them. I always ask if their boss gives them nice pills every time they come to work!

Original review: April 27, 2018

First, I love the free shipping and returns! That alone makes me a Zappos shopper for life! Also, order always comes the very next day, no matter what time I place the order. Let's not forget, great prices! They even have videos describing the shoe and a model walks in them. Zappos is awesome!

Original review: April 25, 2018

Zappos merch is a bit more expensive than other vendors, but the quality of the product is most excellent, and their service is absolutely gonzo! So, worth every penny to shop there.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I have been a customer of Zappos for many years. Without fail, their customer service is stellar. It's the best! The shipping is super fast as well. The downside are the prices... they are not always comparable with other retailers. But I understand that the "free" shipping really isn't free either.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I shop online for two main reasons, convenience and price. Zappos has a large selection of shoes, but fit may not be right for the shoe you ordered. It also has no free returns.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

This is a company other companies not just shoe sellers might very well emulate. Don't think their customer service, return policy can be beaten by pretty much anyone - a perfect embodiment of ethical business practices. Only small downside is that shoes may be pricey (but quality good).

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I love that Zappos (now owned by Amazon.com) makes online shoe shopping painless--there is no charge for shipping your shoe choice to you and if you are not happy with your selection, sending them back is also free.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

6PM sent me damaged Guess shoes. The women's flat ballet shoes have a rhinestone bow on the top of each shoe. One shoe sent to me was missing TWO stones. I can't believe the person packaging this order did not notice this damage. I am greatly disappointed to have to return these shoes. Come on 6PM! Let's do a better job!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I was introduced to Zappos about 4 yrs ago. Never once did I think to shop online for Athletic Shoes, boots, dress shoes or summer shoes. They have my size. I love bright colors. They definitely made it super easy to shop around and buy what you want. If you need assistance you can call them & they'll walk you through the process. The best part about Zappos, it's next day delivery.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

This is a great company. I've been ordering from them for years. They're the only place I can consistently find shoes that are 4e wide. Easy to order, easy to return. Any problems I've had with products are quickly resolved in my favor. Feel safe ordering from this site. Exactly as advertised.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Zappos offers such a huge selection that it's easy to get lost on their site, but if you are looking for a specific item and have a specific budget, it's easy to type in all the criteria and filter down the choices. I have only used Zappos for their shoes. The name brands and selection is great. Becoming a VIP member allows you to enjoy overnight shipping, and returns are always free of charge. Could not be easier to shop online!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I have bad ankle problems, explained my situation to a lady that goes by the name of Goddess with Zappos, she stayed on the phone with me a very long time, to help me. I appreciate that, not too many people deliver good customer service like that. I have worked in C.S. for 15 years. Nice to see someone who values me. I have bought over 6 to 7 pair of shoes in 1 year and have sent them back, even the z-coils, because of my ankle pain with standing at work.

If these shoes do not work for me, I want to let someone know that Goddess, gave me the best customer service ever and I would recommend this company to anyone. I just have problems with my feet, that require medical attention, which I am seeking. I hope these shoes work. This lady had me to look at several pairs of shoes and even looked at reviews outside of the website to help me make a decision. Highly recommend this place.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Great site. Huge selection of good quality merchandise, fabulous return policy. Easy shopping, fast shipping. Prices are about average for the market. Love these guys!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Zappos has awesome value, fast shipping and returns. Easy to get hold of if needed. And a huge variety of all kinds of sneakers, shoes, boots, you name it. Zappos is the place to find what you want.

Zappos expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Zappos was established in 1999 to offer the widest selection of shoes online. It became a part of Amazon 10 years later and now sells clothing and accessories in addition to shoes.

• Search features: Zappos makes it easy for shoppers to customize their searches. Consumers can narrow their search to a single size or multiple sizes, which makes it easy to see all the right sizes in different brands. They can also narrow their search by brand, style, color, occasion and more.

• Images: Customers browsing Zappos can see multiple images of most shoes on Zappos, which show the shoes from all different angles. Many products also have videos so consumers can see a model move in the shoes and hear a product description.

• Selection: Zappos works to offer the best selection of shoes available online. It offers an extensive collection of brands and styles. Consumers can search for women’s shoe sizes 2-20, and sizes 4-13 all return a sizable result list.

• Returns: Customers who are not satisfied with their purchase have a full year to return or exchange it. Return shipping is free for all customers in the United States, and exchanges come with free one-business day shipping.

• Customer service: Zappos strives to provide exceptional customer service. Customers can reach representatives by phone 24/7. They can also send Zappos an e-mail or speak with someone via the website’s live chat feature.

• Best for: Zappos carries adults’ and children’s shoes, and their selection makes them best for any type of shoe shopper.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs