2. Shopping
  3. Shoes Online

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.95/5

Zappos Reviews

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

Called their customer support line for help with teacher/student discount not appearing in my account. Kasey, was by far the nicest most lovely customer service representative I have ever spoken to. I have never been on a customer service call that ended with the biggest smile on my face. This lovely woman definitely deserves a raise. She resolved my issue quickly and even helped me order the item I wanted. Just excellent. Because of her I will only shop through Zappos now to get shoes.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I have been shopping with Zappos for years. Their return policy is amazing. Their merchandise is always as expected. So many brands to choose from. They offer free shipping and free return shipping. I have never had any problems with them. Also they give you a year to return your purchases!

Get buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Wish I could give them 10 Stars, they stand behind what they sell, will ONLY purchase my shoes from them. Keep up the great work. You guys ROCK. Sent my replacement shoes out to me in one day, yes one day

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I placed a $600 order for some clothing and shoes that I'd been putting money aside for for several months. I was really excited to be able to order it. I favorited several items and carefully crafted my cart over a 2 week time-period. So I place my order, and everything is fine. I get a confirmation email later that day that it had shipped. However.... that evening I got a strange email from them stating that they are closing my account and can no longer do business with me. What??? I figured it must be some sort of error so I ignored it. The day of the expected arrival of my long awaited order, I go on to UPS to track it. I then see that Zappos intercepted the shipment and would not deliver.

I have been given no explanation whatsoever of why this has happened or what I did wrong. I was not using a VPN when purchasing and my credit card details were verified. Perhaps a disgruntled employee trying to harm the company's reputation? I had one prior order that I returned a few items from, but surely that would not warrant cancelling my account and shunning me! I have no idea but this is just really abnormal and bizarre that a major company would act like this. It's only been a few days, but I have yet to see a refund. I will be contacting my credit card company and disputing if I don't receive it within a week. Stay away from Zappos, unless you like dealing with companies with peculiar and bizarre behavior.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

BUYER BEWARE: Zappos may tie-up your credit for an inappropriate length of time. After receiving the package that I had returned, Zappos took 11 business days to process the return. This is only after I called Customer Service 3 separate times. The first representative told me that the package hadn't been processed yet, but that the Returns dept. was allowed up to 3 business days to process a return. After 72 hours, I called again. The 2nd representative told me that the return had been processed the day that the package had been received and that I could expect a refund to appear between 2-10 business days from the date of receipt.

After 11 business days had passed since Zappos had received my package, I had still not received a refund. I called Zappos a 3rd time and was informed that a refund had never been processed. The representative processed my refund while I was on the phone with him. Overall, Zappos held hostage nearly $2,000 of my credit for 11 business days after receipt. This is an absurd practice and causes unnecessary hardship to be experienced by the customer. I won't be ordering from Zappos again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zappos?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

They send you used and defective items and come up with the conclusions saying the items were never used after you provide them pictures. All the employees do not respond thoroughly to your questions and their responses are very inaccurate and inconsistent. This company deserves negative stars. Just be aware!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Delivery dates not arriving on time! Sends packages to my post office when I live 20 minutes away. Not convenient. Customer service is useless. I have spoken to them 5+ time and they CAN NOT CORRECT THIS ISSUE!!!! They always make up stories why this is happening. I am requesting UPS only! I have been a more than valued customer for more than 15 years- check my acufor how much I spend. Going to lose my business, but I don’t think you care. MORE THAN FRUSTRATED.

Original review: July 17, 2019

It was my first experience with Zappos. My daughter wanted Birkenstocks for her birthday and I chose to use Zappos because I heard they were a good website. She has been so excited about getting her shoes and her shipment came a day early. Only problem is she got two left shoes. We are hoping they will get it right on this next delivery. I was hoping they could overnight them since it will now be a few more days, but that wasn't an option. Not sure yet if I will use them again.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Zappos has always been super helpful with my returns or any issues, and that’s what separates them from the rest. I recently had a pair of shoes that got a grease stain after three days of wear and they took them back as a one time courtesy no questions asked.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I love to shoe shop at Zappos - shipping is free both ways. Returns are simple and never a problem and the selection is second to none. No hassle shopping, no hassle returns, Zappos can't be beat! Name brands and current styles are what they carry and always at competitive pricing. Shipping is also quick so there is no reason not to shop at Zappos.

Zappos author review by ConsumerAffairs

Zappos was established in 1999 to offer the widest selection of shoes online. It became a part of Amazon 10 years later and now sells clothing and accessories in addition to shoes.

• Search features: Zappos makes it easy for shoppers to customize their searches. Consumers can narrow their search to a single size or multiple sizes, which makes it easy to see all the right sizes in different brands. They can also narrow their search by brand, style, color, occasion and more.

• Images: Customers browsing Zappos can see multiple images of most shoes on Zappos, which show the shoes from all different angles. Many products also have videos so consumers can see a model move in the shoes and hear a product description.

• Selection: Zappos works to offer the best selection of shoes available online. It offers an extensive collection of brands and styles. Consumers can search for women’s shoe sizes 2-20, and sizes 4-13 all return a sizable result list.

• Returns: Customers who are not satisfied with their purchase have a full year to return or exchange it. Return shipping is free for all customers in the United States, and exchanges come with free one-business day shipping.

• Customer service: Zappos strives to provide exceptional customer service. Customers can reach representatives by phone 24/7. They can also send Zappos an e-mail or speak with someone via the website’s live chat feature.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team