Zappos

Compare Online Shoe Stores

Research top Online Shoe Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Zappos offers so many different varieties of items to choose from, people assume it is only shoes and it SO is not. Have so many different brands of clothing, outerwear, and accessories too. They have the very best customer service I have ever experienced in my life. It is like their employees are speaking to you after they just won the lottery. They go WAY, WAY above and beyond to make your experience with them the very best it can be. No company out there had easier returns (online that is) than Zappos. I would purchase every single thing I ever needed from that company if I could. Whatever their CEO and COO are doing other companies could sure learn a whole lot from! Zappos ROCKS!!! I think Zappos and my souls just smiles very big. ;)

Received things in record time. I ordered a soldering iron and solder. I received everything in excellent shape. I also found some nice glass and it was fabulous. I received all my stuff for way less than other places who had the Same items. They have a lot of hard to find articles. I love looking on the website. It was very easy to get around the site. The search pulled up lots of matches. So easy to use. I love it. I will recommend it to all my friends. I have not had to send anything back. I'm sure they will offer great service on returns. This is an awesome site. Everyone I know loves it.

Offers easy quick returns and good reviews of goods on the website. Service is easily accessed and it is easy to ask questions or to start an exchange or refund process. Good selection of items for sale and a wide variety of sizes. The items for sale cover a wide variety of styles for both men and women. It is an easy to navigate site, with the ability to put in brand and size requirements, as well as style choices so you don't have to look through so many items. I have never returned any items to this retailer, but from the online info, it looks very easy and cost effective. A prepaid label is a bonus as well.

Fast, helpful, experienced service. I ordered and had no issues. I told my friends and family about Zappos and I will be ordering more things for my family and friends for Christmas. Good job guys and keep up the good work! I am very please with my purchase and how fast the process was. I encourage my family and friends to check it out, as it is a great find! Very easy to use. I have a hard time navigating web sites, but this was a breeze! Thank you for making it easy to use for someone like me who struggles!

I did deal with them once several years ago and it was a very positive dealing as I remember. I got the shoes I wanted at a very fair price plus it was free shipping and the package arrived in only two days which is much better than Amazon. The website is laid out in a neat and orderly way and is easy to navigate and find the product you are looking for. Also they have so much more than just shoes. I once had to return a pair of shoes that did not fit properly and the process was very easy using the enclosed return label. My refund was issued within a few days.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zappos?

I bought a pair of Toms that were delivered with free shipping in a very timely manner. Came quicker than I thought and no problems with the shoes. As long as a company doesn't ship the wrong item or the item isn't damaged I'm a pretty happy camper. Shipping was free as well which is what I shoot for from any company! It was pretty easy to order and search for the Toms. In fact I was surprised they even had Toms which made me a little bit happier. The process of entering a card making an account was pretty straightforward as well. I would assume based on their free shipping that they will most likely provide a way for you to return the item free of charge if you are not satisfied.

Ordering was a breeze. Payment way safe and secure with no problems. Being a first time customer I was pleased with the customer service and return policy which I didn't have to use. Everything I ordered was to my satisfaction. Nice people in the customer service department. Told me if anything was not to my satisfaction to send it back for refund or exchange. The return policy was told to me in person from someone who spoke English. Return if not satisfied with no questions asked.

I had ordered my stepdaughter a backpack she wanted for Christmas last year and I ordered late. But they had to me in record time for her Christmas. No problems with my order with it being so close to Christmas last year. I ordered rather late and was not sure it would get here in time. I emailed them to make sure it was on its way and they assured me it was. When I went to Zappos, all I had to do was type in the name of the backpack that I wanted to order and it came up the first item. As long as you have a good description of the item, it is very easy to find it. I have not had to return any items to this retailer. Everything I have ordered has been exactly what I wanted with no problems. I am sure if something had to be returned, it would be no problem with their customer service.

Very fast and resolved the problems I had quickly. Very easy to talk to and made me feel at ease. Would highly recommend Zappos because of their fast and friendly response. Their app is easy to use as well. I feel Zappos quality of items versus the value is very good for my shopping dollar. Items were very good quality and have held up very well with normal use. The site and app was very easy to maneuver thru and answered all my questions that I had on items. The checkout process was very easy. I haven't used their returns policy but I expect it to be as easy to use as the whole ordering process was and I read their customer reviews and it was very helpful.

The order process was very easy. My shoes arrived promptly and were exactly what I expected and a perfect fit. If they hadn't been right, they have an easy return policy which makes it easy to order also.This is a great online retailer providing great service and a wide variety of merchandise. I have always been able to find exactly what I want very quickly through their search. The search engine is great. Size, color, dressy, casual, whatever you are looking for. Great styles, great variety to choose from. Quick and easy and fast searches. The return policy is fantastic. No questions asked and free returns. This process is as fast and easy as ordering. I would definitely recommend this company.

Needed help with a return. Very easy to deal with customer service. A return label was emailed & the correct product was sent. The customer service department was helpful & professional. She explained the entire return process & issued a credit immediately. I had priced the shoes at a retail store & also at additional online stores. Because of the good service I previously received I purchased from Zappos. The shoes came quickly & no shipping costs. Their website is easy to use. The brands of shoes are clearly listed so that the purchaser can select the item they are looking for. Checkout is easy to navigate. Easy to contact is my number one. No long wait on the phone. When a human answered they were pleasant & helpful. Return process explained in a professional way with no attitude.

I had to return one item, and speaking with customer service was very easy. I was able to exchange it for a different item without any issues. The customer service representative was so nice. I always find good deals. They have competitive pricing, and I always end up shopping with them. They sell quality items at good prices. If I bought the same thing in a store, I'd pay twice the amount. The website is very functional and user friendly. I can easily find items that I am looking for and the checkout process is very easy, as well. I've only had to return an item one time, but it was so easy, it has definitely made me buy through Zappos again. The customer service reps were very kind and helped me through the process. Easy!

Placing my order was easy and I was also contacted with a confirmation email which I really like when companies do that so I can move the emails to a receipt folder. They have nice shoes from very well known brands, the shipping is reasonable and the customer service is good too. They have a pretty good reputation from what I've seen also, which is what made me decide to order from them in the first place. It's very easy to use, just as easy as using eBay or Amazon. You can read reviews of products and sizing information before you add them to your cart and checkout is also simple too. I honestly don't know their return policy because my items fit fine but I'm sure it's an easy process judging by the customer service and ease of use on their site. They seem like a very promising company.

Email alerts for new products, unusual sizes, availability, current styles, competitive pricing, customer reviews... good and not so good. Prices are about what one would pay in a store or another website. Super fast shipping is the value. Free returns, also. Merchandise is easy to find by size, genre, color, price, heel height, newest. Price going up or down. Super fast checkout. Multiple payment options. I cannot attest to the returns process because I've never had to return a product, but it looks simple and user friendly.

I did not really engage in much customer service. I did return the shoes, and it was easy but I never needed to talk to anyone. I like that about it. I prefer to do things through website only. I do not like it when you have to reach a high minimum value to get free shipping. Shipping costs too much. I think shipping should be free or very cheap. There is a big selection and it is easy to move around the website and find the right color and size. It is sometimes hard on some sites to tell whether something is in stock, enter your information to buy and so on, and this was not the case. I would say the worst part is how long it takes sometimes to get the money back, because Amazon is much faster.

I didn't have any problems with my order, so I didn't interact with customer service outside of my order. But the order was delivered ahead of schedule, and the company provided me with frequent email updates about the status of my order. The shoes featured were affordable and stylish, and they were good quality for the price. I would recommend this company for its products and their value. My experience with using the site was great. The checkout and shopping process was easy and clear, and I completed it quickly. There were no issues with the website or the shopping process. Based on everything I've seen and experienced with the company and their website, I feel confident in saying that the returns process would be satisfactory too.

Never had any issues so it was great. I never had to talk to anyone but my stuff arrived on time and packaged nicely. I would order again in the future. It was a great experience. It was a good value and I was really pleased with the quality of all the products. I was really surprised at how affordable things were and how great the products were. It was really easy to find and search for what I wanted. All the products were arranged in an easy to find manner. I also loved how easy it was to checkout. I never had to return anything. I was really pleased with everything. It looks like everything would be easy to return.

I called customer service and asked about an item that been listed as sold out. Customer service went beyond the moon to get me a replacement item and even called back after I got my item! There are always some discounts or specials that are going on. They will also price match if they don't have a sale or special going on. Price matching is also fast, quick, and easy. Using the site is very simple if you've ever shopped online. Their interface is very simple and to the point so it's easy to read everything. I've never actually run into technical issues whenever I shopped on Zappos. I would have to say that this is my favorite experience when it comes to shopping on Zappos. The fast returns and refunds is something that has come to spoil me.

I didn't have any interactions with customer service during my ordering process. Based on my receival of my items though and the speed of shipping, I would surmise that they would be very efficient and helpful. I compared prices and found good deals at Zappos. They carry a wide range of sizes and brands of all types of shoes for everyone big and small. They have an extensive search engine to find the exact shoes you are wanting without having to go through pages and pages of irrelevant shoes. They have an easy system to use for making returns. It's easy to order a large variety of shoes to try on at the comfort of your own home and then return what doesn't work.

Great with exchanging shoes - no shipping or return fees. The items were well packaged and I never had any problems. Did not speak with anyone but website was user friendly. Price for the same products was similar to sites across the internet. I really would have had no reason to shop elsewhere. I loved the variety as well. Easy site to navigate, easy check-out process. I would definitely use this site again for shoe shopping and I must also say that the bag I ordered was really cute too. I had to return a pair of shoes that were a little loose. It was an easy exchange for another pair of shoes that fit me just right. It really was no hassle.

This site has such a variety whether it be shoes, bags and accessories. I'm sure the average shopper will be quite satisfied. Plus, the free shipping and free return policy make it a premier site. The free shipping and free return policy make it a one stop shopping site. Any consumer would be well advised to shop through it. The way the site is set up is amazing. You can shop by brand, price color etc. The site is super fast in loading the pages and super fast to check out. Although I have never had to return an item, they provide a prepaid return slip. This makes it so easy. And the packages are very well made to facilitate your return.

I have never had occasion to interact with customer service. I've always had an easy time ordering online with quick and problem free delivery. I've found that shoes on zappos.com are similarly priced or slightly cheaper than they are elsewhere. I've ordered reliable shoes from them. The website is very easy to use. It provides recommendations, but you can also search by type of shoe or exact style or brand. Ordering is easy and problem free. I have never tried to make a return to zappos.com. I have always been satisfied with my orders so there was not any need.

Quick and efficient. Product arrived on time and was as represented. Questions were answered in timely manner. Shipping was efficient. The picture on the site and the size were correctly represented. The price was reasonable. The site was easy to negotiate. There was customer service available for any questions regarding size, color, etc. The directions were easy to follow. Returns were easy with a prepaid return sticker. Customer service was available to answer any questions. No questions or issues during the return process. Credit was received within a few days.

My one experience with Zappos was fine. I ordered an item that arrived broken, but they replaced it quickly and even credited an amount to my account for the inconvenience. The person I spoke with was very helpful and polite and accommodating. They have unique items that are priced fairly and give good value. I like the selection they've put together - nothing looks cheap or cheaply made. It's a nice selection to choose from.

It's no different than other websites - it feels much the same. You pick out your items, put them in your cart and go through the checkout process. I've never actually made a return to this retailer so I have no experience to draw from. However, my other experiences with them lead me to believe it is straight-forward.

When I had a concern about shipping speed, Zappos.com customer service replied to my inquiry in a timely fashion with only relevant, helpful answers. I was satisfied enough that it made me shop more at Zappos. I have since recommend Zappos to family and friends for shoes, clothes, and more. Zappos gets a high value rating because they offered shoes at a significantly more affordable price than other online sellers. This was attractive to me and made me spend a good chunk of change. Zappos was easy to use due to it's extremely user friendly website design.

When looking for shoes, the results that came up were tailored to my needs and simplified the options. It was also great being able to filter by price, style, color, and more. One time I had ordered the correct shoes but in the wrong colorway due to being in a rush. When the shoes came, I was able to send them back with the included form taped over the original label, for free. Zappos received the return within a few days and refunded me, and then sent the right shoes at a discount.

Customer service was helpful in assisting me in returning items that did not work for me. They were quick, efficient, and friendly. They have great deals and good sales. Easy to navigate the deals as well. Feel like items are a good value for the money spent. Would definitely buy from again. Website was easy to follow and easy to search. It was easy to find the specifics I was looking for in items, including color, size, and style. Appreciated the search options. Much easier than I expected. Happy that it was simple and easy to get my money refunded for the items that I did not want to keep. Happy how easy and thoughtless the process was.

Shipping on right time, no direct experience with customer service, no enough experience say further comment. Site was easy to use and convenient and carry variety of brand. Offers good values with various products from many brands, offers promotions and sales, pretty much satisfy using and good place for shopping shoes. Easy navigation, checkout, shopping, shipping, sales, price, variety of styles and brands. Site is pretty much fast and convenient.

Customer service is great. They reply back quickly and are very helpful when you have an issue. They also go out of their way to help you and to make sure that your problem is solved. Their shoes may normally be pricey, but the clearance/sale shoes are very worth it. They also have coupon codes that end up making your purchase a great deal. The website is very easy to use. Everything is straightforward and not difficult to maneuver. The site is well organized and is easy on the eyes. I have returned an item once and it was very easy. Their service is great and they don't question why you are returning an item. You are given 365 days to return an item!

I didn't have to deal with customer service, but the emails for the order and shipping confirmation were very promptly received. Seems like they would have been fantastic to work with if needed. I was specifically looking for Roxy's and they had a huge selection and a lot of them were a little cheaper than at the local store. Plus free shipping!! It was a very user friendly website. I was able to order and decide which shoes with no issues. Receiving emails from them with all updates of my order status was amazing. I didn't have to return anything but a return label was included for ease, which is nice. I also felt they would have been very quick about processing the return.

I had no customer service issues. The site allows for self-service - even with returns. It is very simple to use and I will be shopping with Zappos again! Easy to use and saved me time. I purchased shoes for my daughter and the simplicity of the website and Zappos return policy saved me time, energy and gas involved in making a trip to the store to find shoes! Zappos has a website that is very easy to use. Especially if you need to make a return. I will definitely shop with Zappos again thanks to the simplicity of their site. I returned a pair of shoes that did not fit my daughter. Process could not have been easier.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Zappos was established in 1999 to offer the widest selection of shoes online. It became a part of Amazon 10 years later and now sells clothing and accessories in addition to shoes.

• Search features: Zappos makes it easy for shoppers to customize their searches. Consumers can narrow their search to a single size or multiple sizes, which makes it easy to see all the right sizes in different brands. They can also narrow their search by brand, style, color, occasion and more.
  • Images: Customers browsing Zappos can see multiple images of most shoes on Zappos, which show the shoes from all different angles. Many products also have videos so consumers can see a model move in the shoes and hear a product description.
  • Selection: Zappos works to offer the best selection of shoes available online. It offers an extensive collection of brands and styles. Consumers can search for women’s shoe sizes 2-20, and sizes 4-13 all return a sizable result list.
  • Returns: Customers who are not satisfied with their purchase have a full year to return or exchange it. Return shipping is free for all customers in the United States, and exchanges come with free one-business day shipping.
  • Customer service: Zappos strives to provide exceptional customer service. Customers can reach representatives by phone 24/7. They can also send Zappos an e-mail or speak with someone via the website’s live chat feature.
  • Best for Zappos carries adults’ and children’s shoes, and their selection makes them best for any type of shoe shopper.

Compare Shoes Online