1.13/5

Last updated: April 19, 2018

498 Teleflora Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

I ordered flowers for a friend after her surgery. I was asked to supply a discount code, which I had, and it told me I could only use 1 and I realized the previous 1 was a better deal so when it asked me to apply, I said no. When I placed my order, it applied the one that was less of a deal. I immediately contacted Teleflora, spoke with various customer service reps who all told me they couldn't help me. I eventually spoke to someone in management (supposedly) and she was the exact same way! It wasn't even that big of a deal until I realized that the entire company has no regard for their customers, was not apologetic in helping resolve their website glitch, and did not try to retain me as a future customer. Above all else, good customer service wins me over every time and I am glad this happened because I know to never give my business (or refer business) to them ever again.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I ordered the $69.99 (+ $17.98 service fee) flower arrangement to be delivery to my husband's 92 year old grandmother who was in the hospital. No cute little vase, no red flowers, no ivy, and only one sunflower. Definitely not what was ordered!! I called and explained to the representative at Teleflora how dissatisfied I was and was immediately offered a 30% discount. I explained I didn't want a refund. I want the arrangement I ordered delivered. After being put on hold for 15 minutes, I was told someone from the florist would stop back at the hospital in the morning to pick up the flowers and then a different florist would deliver a new arrangement in the afternoon or the following day. I said no. I'm not going to bother a 92 year old woman who doesn't feel well with strange people coming in and out of her room picking up and dropping off flowers.

I was again told they have to pick up the incorrect flowers before they can delivery the new ones. I cannot believe they would want to bother a sick person with this craziness, when they are the ones that messed up. Finally because I would not allow this to happen, I was offered a 75% refund. Since, I wasn't being offered any other resolution, I accepted the refund and will order from a local florist and hand deliver the flowers myself. Don't bother using this company. Wish I would have read the reviews before making this mistake.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 16, 2018

I purchased an arrangement before 3 pm April 16, 2018. I wanted same day delivery. So it had to be before 3. I live on East Coast as does the recipient. They sent me confirmation. An hour later I get a text telling me I had to call them regarding my flowers. When I called I spoke with a gentleman whom I could barely understand. He told me the reason the flowers could not be delivered was because they did not have that arrangement. He wanted to deliver it the next day! I said, "No, refund me." After waiting 5 minutes on hold he says, "Ok, I have refunded you. It will be up to 10 days before you get the money back!" Worst customer service ever.

In looking at the confirmation after that call I noticed that their policy is: Substitution Policy: "In the event your selection is unavailable, a substitution of comparable quality and value will be delivered." So why couldn’t they deliver them today as promised? I am really upset. I wanted to give my daughter the flowers. She is going through a tough time and today was really hard for her. Because of Teleflora not only did they not deliver them they have tied my money up for up to 10 days. Beware.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I placed an order for a floral arrangement to be delivered to my father for his birthday for SAME DAY delivery. I received an email confirmation that it will be delivered today. I then called this evening to see if it was delivered and the first customer service representative was unable to help me since she said she couldn’t contact the florist that was supposed to deliver.

I then had to call my dad and ruin the surprise by asking him if anything had been delivered to his house and he said no. I then called back customer service and was told that the delivering florist was closed today and the best they could do would be deliver on Monday. I never once received a phone call or an email informing me of this because then I could have maybe chosen a different arrangement from a different florist. The option was available on the website for same day delivery and that is what I expected. I will never use this company again.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I wish I had read reviews of this poor company before spending $76 on something I did not even order! First of all, they delayed delivery by 3 DAYS. Secondly, I told them to send a plant, as my brother is not a flower person. They ignored all my requests. I was supposed to get either the red mustang plant holder with a cactus plant, the blue truck, or the sailboat. That was not the case! Because they were so late, they had to deliver to my brother's home as he was released from hospital early. He sent me a picture of what they delivered, and I was in complete shock! It looked like a basket of weeds with 5 or 6 flowers in it. That arrangement was not even pretty, and it was supposed to be a plant.

I explained to them that my brother could not have flowers after his surgery as sneezing would not be good for him - they ignored my requests and they ignored my complaints about totally messing up the order. I didn't get a refund. That $76 lesson is a hard lesson learned well. I will NEVER order from this company again - they throw whatever they can together, knowing it's not what you want, just to get the order off the table. They will collect your money but will not deliver timely, nor will they deliver what you actually ordered. Beware of Teleflora unless you have money to waste and like disappointment!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Teleflora ?

Original review: April 13, 2018

Ordered flowers for Easter a week before. It was being delivered on the Saturday March 31st to my mothers business. I paid for early delivery. The flowers were supposed to have arrived by 1:00 o'clock. Never showed. We called Teleflora by 2:00 O'clock. Waited on the phone 1/2 an hour to speak with someone. They said that they would redirect the flowers to my mother's residence. The flowers never showed. I called again... Another 1/2 and hour wait to talk with someone. They apologized the flowers would not be delivered. What??? Never heard from them again until we received an email... Here's your refund. Terrible, terrible, terrible. I can understand if I had ordered the flowers the day before but a week before?? Horrible company!

Original review: April 13, 2018

I ordered flowers for Valentine's Day on 02-13-18. They were guaranteed for delivery on 02-14-18. They did not arrive. On 02-15-18 I called to request a refund. The operator had me hold on the line while she confirmed with the florist that the order had not been delivered. After confirming she indicated my request would be processed. On 02-16-18 the flowers were delivered. I contacted Teleflora again requesting my refund. They sent an email back indicating I had not requested a refund within 48 hours AFTER delivery so they couldn't help me. Ridiculous!!!

Original review: April 11, 2018

Teleflora advertised a bamboo arrangement “Presented in a Zen natural bamboo cube with white river rocks” and included a photo showing a pretty cool Eastern feng shui thing which I knew my son would like. They instead sent a very pedestrian ceramic bowl that looked nothing like the advertisement. I called their customer service number immediately upon seeing a picture from my son, but no one ever picked up and so I sent an email to the suggested customer service email address expecting a response. I sent two more follow-up emails, but still no response. I called again, and after a 12 minute hold spoke with someone who offered a small credit, which I said I had no interest in and they should just send the proper item that I ordered to my son. I finally received a follow-up email saying that since I waited 3 weeks to complain they could not resend the order.

So I again sent an email telling them that they were completely wrong on the facts and again sent them the emails that I sent to them the same week that they sent the wrong item. But of course Teleflora again never responded. I called them today and after 15 mins of hassling got a supervisor who said I had to call within one day after delivery of the order in order for them to resend the order and make it right, which of course is ridiculous as I have no way of knowing what my son received 1/2 way across the country. After lots of hassle they finally issued me a full refund, but it took hours of my time and was an incredible hassle. I would never use them again and recommend just going with a reputable florist company like Winston or similar.

Original review: April 10, 2018

My sister sent my Mom Easter flowers that arrived the Saturday (day before Easter). When I arrived with dinner for my Mom on Easter, seeing the flowers was very disappointing. The order was sent to a florist 45 minutes away versus 6 local florist within 4 miles of the Nursing facility my Mom resides in. The flowers were already wilting on Easter and by Monday the tiny roses were all wilted. Never fully opened. When my sister called Teleflora she was told flowers are only guaranteed 3-5 days. The picture below is from 2 days after delivery. We won't be using Teleflora after this, I sent my sister the numbers for the local florists she can call directly.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I ordered Calla Lilies for my daughter in California to celebrate her new job. They did arrive on April 6th but they sent Easter lilies - NOT THE SAME. I NEVER would have sent Easter lilies - Calla lilies have a special significance for her. Paid $55 total for that order - could have bought those Easter lilies at Lowe’s for $10. $55 is not chump change for many of us. If they had called and said they did not have the Calla lilies as pictured on the website, I would have switched the order to roses but I was never consulted! So very unhappy with Teleflora. Beware.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I placed an order for Teleflora's Splendid Orchid arrangement online on 3/27 to be delivered on 3/28. On the day of my Uncle's funeral I did not see the arrangement at the church. Upon our return to my Aunt and Uncle's home we determined that it was not there either. We contacted the funeral home and they said their delivery log did not show that the arrangement was ever delivered. I immediately contacted Teleflora and after 5 phone calls one of the Agents had the arrangement delivered to my Aunt's home. My Aunt took a pic and texted it to me. To say I was disappointed was an understatement. It looked absolutely nothing like the photo on their website. It was in a red clay pot with an ugly white bow. I sent Teleflora an e-mail and attached the pic.

The following day I received an e-mail stating that the florist would have the arrangement picked up and replaced with something nicer the following day. That did in fact occur. However, the replacement arrangement was not much better than the first one that was delivered. Not only do I feel cheated but I was also embarrassed to have those arrangements delivered to my grieving Aunt. And to have the first one repossessed I mean seriously! Both of the arrangements collectively didn't add up to the $122 that I paid. If it wasn't such a sad occasion it would have been laughable. I'm not a very artsy craftsy person but I could have done a better job on the arrangements than the florists that Teleflora contracted their business out to.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I ordered a live orchid for my mother's birthday on April 2, 2018 to be delivered on her birthday, April 6th. My mother lives in Tennessee, and I am in North Carolina. An orchid is my traditional gift. On the morning of her birthday, I received an automated email from Teleflora at 10 am stating that they had no one in her area that could fulfill the order. A link led me to an automated site where they offered me the option of having a birthday arrangement delivered. This is obviously quite different from a live orchid, and I declined.

They cancelled my order automatically, leaving me to scramble to find a replacement with same day delivery. I did (Avas Flowers), but at a substantially increased price than my original purchase with Teleflora. If Teleflora had given me a few days notice of their inability to fulfill my purchase, I would have been able to make other plans. As it was, they cost me extra money and time for trusting them. Totally unacceptable. I will never, never use Teleflora again.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I tried having flowers delivered to my mom for Easter. They were not delivered the day I had asked them to be. I emailed customer service several times and all I got back was, "We are working on it." A week later called and come to find out they credited my account and cancelled my order without telling me. At least I got the money back but not to be communicated about it was so unprofessional. If you want flowers delivered look somewhere else!

Original review: April 6, 2018

I've ordered flower arrangements and baskets several times in the past to know that what you see isn't always what you'll get but it comes close. However, my recent Teleflora order was flat out FALSE ADVERTISING. It looked like a Pinterest fail and I'm embarrassed to have gifted this as a birthday present to an elderly relative. Teleflora ripped me off. I will never use them again. Please see attached pics. Brown basket (advertised) Vs White basket (received). Emailed customer service several times. Each time received different responses: 20% off future order, 40% off future order, response explaining not all florists will have The same supplies avail so a substitute will be Sent. (in this case the substitute was way Inferior). A refund/partial refund was never offered.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I ordered Christmas flowers for my sick father. They never arrived. I emailed and I called. They told me that they confirmed delivery, but my father still never received the order. I called again and got nowhere... again. I wasted $65 and I will never again use this company and I tell everyone I know not to use them either. I also attempted to unsubscribe to their excessive emails and got a message that this message: "We were unable to process your request; please try again later. If the problem persists, contact support for assistance." I contacted support and they assured me that I was unsubscribed... again I got nowhere. This is the worst customer service ever.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I ordered flowers for my daughter's birthday and had a guaranteed confirmed delivery. However, the arrangement was never made and never delivered to the address. It took 3 days and several emails to Teleflora. Finally received a voicemail stating that they "failed to deliver and it was their mistake and to call back if I wished to have the flowers delivered". I did not. I called to request a refund. After calling their customer service and being put on hold several times, they did submit a refund and a 50% discount. Although, I will not be using Teleflora in the future. Bad, unreliable and a disappointment.

Original review: March 30, 2018

In pictures below please notice the flowers to the left that I requested and purchased to be sent to my mother, but unfortunately those flowers were not available in her area. I opted to take a designer's choose offered by Teleflora as a replacement option that I wish I would have never gone by, as you can tell. I decided to call Teleflora about my dislike for the flowers and they informed me that the only way this could be reconciled and my money be refunded to me was that they would have to go to my mother's house and repossess her flower arrangement. I find that totally absurd.

The flowers to the right look like a florist ran down to the cheap store, bought a vase and threw all their leftover flowers in it. The arrangement has no rhyme or reason to it. Just a hodgepodge of scrap flowers. I think anyone can tell that by the vase I picked in the flowers to the left I was looking for a keepsake as well my mother loves to reuse the vases she receives. I am very upset with this company's value of product choice for my substitute and customer service. It saddens me deeply. I will also add they did offer me discounts for my next purchase, but I think with them having an unhappy customer that they would recognize this as wrong and unfair first. I have ordered several times from this company with no disappointments to have to end purchases with them like this.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I think Teleflora is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I would rather not give it any stars - it does not deserve one. I ordered flowers for a friend for delivery in Canada for her birthday six weeks ago. The flowers were not delivered and despite numerous emails back and forth Teleflora have failed either to deliver the flowers or refund my money. There is no continuity in dealing with my emails and they have stopped responding now. They say they have delivered them but my friend has not received them. I have just wasted my money and a lot of time in trying to chase them. Do not use them ever.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I placed an order with Teleflora for the “Make a wish” flower arrangement, I sat at home all day waiting for the flowers (luckily it was my day off) & they didn't arrive until 6:58 pm (they stop making deliveries in my area at 7 pm). The flowers I received looked nothing like the picture of the flowers I ordered, they were completely different flowers & they looked old. I called Teleflora to voice my concerns about the order & the response I was given was “sometimes when the florist does not have the flowers that you ordered they substitute them with flowers of equal quality or value which is stated in the terms & conditions” but I chose to spend my money on Teleflora's website because I thought I was getting the flowers that I saw on the website, the flowers I received were not even close in quality or value...

I was told the best they could do for me is refund me 20% of what I paid, I refused because 1st you don't give me what I paid for & now you only want to refund me 20% for something that I didn't even order?... I will never order from Teleflora ever again & I suggest that those considering buying from them don’t... Save yourself the disappointment.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Terrible customer service. Flowers were not delivered. Refusal to refund cost of order. Teleflora insisted that the flowers were delivered but could not say who signed for the delivery. After numerous phone calls and email requests, their agent offered a 50% refund. I am contesting the charges on my credit card and will never order anything from them in the future. Buyer beware.

Original review: March 26, 2018

The delivery was horrible! 3 days later than original date requested. Several calls were made to attempt to coordinate delivery. Went from a surprise congratulations to a hassle to get them! When I asked for a credit for the delivery fee I was charged, $16, I was given $7.20...definitely not enough to cover the hassle and mistakes on their behalf.

Original review: March 25, 2018

One is suppose to order online, but I had to have a live chat. It took sooooo long. I ended paying double the price of what I wanted. They ended the chat before I could write down the confirmation number. What should have taken 5 minutes took 1 hour. I will never use them again. I think they are scammers.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I wanted to surprise an old friend of mine with flowers on her birthday. I ordered online from Teleflora.com and ordered the Spring Favorites arrangement which included Pink Roses, Red Tulips, Yellow Irises, Purple Hyacinth, White Monte Cassino Asters and Green Button Mums are arranged with Oregonia and Spanish moss in a shallow terra-cotta planter. What I got was Tulips in bloom, what looked like Hyacinth (but no bloom), and that's about it, in a basket type container. I was embarrassed to say the least. I spent $78 on an arrangement that had 3 plants in it. I wrote the company, and they offered me a 40% discount on another order. There is no way I will order from this company again.

Original review: March 21, 2018

My wife did not receive her flowers, It is awful embarrassing when all the other women in the office get flowers except for your wife, especially when you pay extra to make sure they are there by 1:00 p.m. No one even had the common courtesy to call and let me know that they would not make it or that there was an issue. There is no contact info... The flowers ended up arriving the next afternoon, apparently the driver kept them in his car overnight, needless to say, they were far from fresh and already beginning to wilt.

The same thing happened a couple of years ago, I tried again because I was hoping that it was a fluke. Since when is it okay to guarantee something for an added charge and not deliver or even make an attempt to let the customer know? When I contacted Teleflora, their response was to discount my next order with them by 50%. I guess this is a winning situation for them because I wouldn't place another order with them even if my life depended on it.

Original review: March 21, 2018

The experience was overwhelming: based on the image of the product I placed an order. What came is a very different product, which has nothing to do with one we bought. If I could do zero stars, this would be my response.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I ordered flowers for my wife's birthday, to be delivered to her work. I paid $29 (outrageous services charges brought the total to over $50.) I notified them that she left the office by 4:30 pm. At 3 pm, the flowers had not arrived. I called and they assured me that the delivery was on its way. 1.5 hours later, she left the office with no birthday flowers. They called at 5 pm to say the flowers arrived. Too little, too late. I will NEVER use Teleflora again!

Original review: March 17, 2018

Ordered flowers for same day delivery at 10 am. At 2 pm notified they didn't have requested arrangement. Was told they would deliver a florist substitute by 5 pm. Nothing showed. Called at 7:30 pm and spent 15 mins. on hold. Told I would get a refund in a couple of days. (I fully expect to have to chase the refund.)

Original review: March 14, 2018

As so many others before me I paid over $90 but got $40 worth of flowers? Pissed off, oh yeah, After many phone calls, emails I got the "runaround" an offer of a discount, then a $19 refund, some story they made up --- lies. I would not spend a penny with these dishonest thieves... If you read the reviews you will see so many of us with the same complaint... Really bad!!!

Original review: March 14, 2018

I ordered a basket of flowers for my sister's FUNERAL. What was delivered was a 7" basket of cheap ivy! The arrangement was supposed to be 4 times that big. The florist refused to give me a refund, so I am stuck with a bill for a cheap arrangement!!!

Original review: March 12, 2018

I spent an hour reviewing floral arrangements for my aunt's funeral. They had measurements online. I ordered flowers that measured 17 inches wide and approx. 15 inches high. When I arrived at the out of state funeral, The flowers didn't reach 12 inches high or wide! It was so embarrassing! I could have made my own beautiful arrangement and brought it with me. I ordered a deluxe and got a teeny weeny. They did refund 30% but that did not help with the flower arrangement that arrived for the family! Buyer beware!!!

Teleflora expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In business more than 78 years, Teleflora is an experienced flower delivery service. The company offers same-day delivery on many flowers, but also allows consumers to schedule their orders up to three months in advance.

• Intuitive website: A clean and easy-to-read website makes shopping online a pleasant experience.

• Shop by occasion: Find a flower arrangement for any occasion, from birthdays to weddings, using Teleflora's tools to search by occasion.

• Images: The Teleflora website shows images of what different sizes of the same bouquet will look like, and it shows estimated measurements too. This information can help consumers select the best size for their recipient.

• Unique arrangements: Teleflora's holiday and seasonal displays use non-traditional foliage like colorful maple leaves and sheaves of wheat to provide unique holiday looks.

• Leave it to the experts: If you are unsure about what to pick, you can always go with the Deal of the Day. Florists put together an arrangement just for you, at the price point you specify.

• Best for: significant others, friends and adult children.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs