1.08/5

859 Teleflora Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 22, 2019

Ordered floors for same day delivery on Friday, April 19th. Flowers were never delivered. Got an email that they would deliver on Saturday. No flowers delivered. Spoke with someone on Sunday and said they would delivery on Tuesday. After the recipient's birthday! My recipient received the flowers today and are not remotely close to what I ordered. Run from this company as they are horrible! They will surely disappoint!

Original review: April 21, 2019

Teleflora has an option to see if certain arrangements are available in the recipient's area. This is what I chose: https://www.teleflora.com/bouquet/my-little-chickadee-by-teleflora?prodID=P_T33-1A. Not even close. Instead, Teleflora sent a cheap gothic-funeral type arrangement because the florist didn't have the correct flowers, but assured me something COMPARABLE would be sent. Yeah right.

After the recipient sent me a picture of what was sent, I called Teleflora to complain, and they offered me a coupon for my next order Or that the recipient could go the local florist and exchange it. I spoke with a "supervisor" who refunded me 75% of my money back. I also emailed customer service, and they didn't even address the order Or my dissatisfaction, just said I would be refunded and thank me for choosing Teleflora. Never ever again. They mislead consumers on the product and are weak about making amends.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I ordered a PREMIUM bouquet and what was received was a STANDARD (looked worse than the standard bouquet pictures on the website). This is completely unacceptable as this was a birthday gift! This is not at all what I paid for and expect a refund for this embarrassment!

Original review: April 20, 2019

I ordered a Deluxe flower arrangement and what was delivered was anything but deluxe. Pictures are worth a thousand words. Please see the picture. I’ll never order from this company again and from what I’ve been reading on the internet this seems to be a pattern for anemic flower arrangements.

Original review: April 18, 2019

We placed an order on April 12 for delivery that same day. There was a mistake on the recipient's address and corrected it on Monday April 15th with a request that they be delivered that day. As of today, April 18th there was no delivery of the order we made. The flower shop that Teleflora worked with regarding our order only attempted delivery one time stating they couldn't locate the house. We will never order from Teleflora again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Teleflora ?

Original review: April 17, 2019

Ordered birthday flowers for my boss. Was contacted letting me know that the arrangement I wanted could not be completed by a florist in my area. Chose an alternate arrangement and was assured it would be delivered by 4:00 pm only to receive another email asking me to choose an alternate delivery date as my original request could not be fulfilled. Why advertise guaranteed products and assure same day delivery if you are unable to uphold your end of the transaction. Will NOT ever waste my time or money with Teleflora again.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I ordered an arrangement and of course they tell you to expect variations of the arrangement depending on the florist. But my gosh it looked nothing like the photo. I will not order from them again. I would rather go directly to a florist and make sure it gets done right!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I placed an order for Birthday flowers to be delivered to my sister as a SURPRISE... I completed the online order form and entered in my sister's info as the recipient. Within minutes of placing the order Teleflora proceeded to email my sister with marketing spam with my name and order info on it, clearly ruining the surprise!! I emailed customer service explaining the situation and asking them how they planned on rectifying their error. At first they denied that they emailed her, so I sent screenshots of the emails they sent her... and their solution to my complaint was to CANCEL my order!!!! They have the worst customer service I have seen for an online florist company. ZERO stars for their rating!!

Original review: April 14, 2019

Flowers not delivered 2 days in a row. No notification that they could not be delivered. No time to get more flowers. Called and was told they were not able to find a local supplier. Called and asked to speak to a supervisor. After 40+ minutes on phone they still would not get me a supervisor. Poor kids have to leave for prom with no flowers.

Original review: April 13, 2019

On April 8 2019 I place an order for a flower arrangement to be delivered at a funeral home in Middletown NJ. They changed my credit card but the flowers were never delivered. Eventually got my money back but not happy with the embarrassment that the family went through.

Original review: April 13, 2019

My daughter in law and I ordered flowers for her 2 girls for senior prom. 128.69 was total for 2 corsages and flower for one girl's date. Were supposed to be delivered on 4/12/19. Today we received text there was a problem they couldn't deliver 1 corsage because they didn't have the brains to figure out 3 flowers on same order. They split total bill into 3 payments so they could claim 1 flower didn't cost enough to bother with. So 1 girl is out her flowers for senior prom. These people are unprofessional and they lie. Never use this group for flowers if you want pretty ones. The corsage we did receive is not fresh or pretty. So disgusting.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I ordered flowers for both my daughter's senior prom. Paid extra to have them delivered on a "rush". The whole order for two corsages and a boutonniere was total 129.61. I sent each to each girl so that they would feel good about getting the flowers. The day they were to be delivered, I got an email stating there was a problem with the order. After calling and being on hold for 30 minutes and we had an argument about the flowers all being delivered to the same address just 2 different people they assured me that the order would be delivered on delivery date by 6 pm.

An hour later I received another email stating that one had been canceled due to some unforeseen problem. I again called the company and was on hold another 30 or so minutes. When I finally got someone on the phone the lady told me that due to the lack of money spent on this item they canceled the order. I then tried to explain to her that there were three ordered in all and that they were all going to the same address. She still gave me the runaround and here I sit less than 24 hrs away from my senior daughter's prom without a flower for her. The lack of professionalism in this company is horrible!

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have ordered flower arrangements via the web for the past 15 years now and unfortunately I tried Teleflora. Never again! They are the ONLY florist that have NEVER delivered on the date request of the 50+ orders I have placed using FTD, Pro Flowers or calling a local florist. Their hold time is horrendous and in the day of technology have no automated method of providing you with updates to track your order. My Mom waited all day for her flowers to come on her birthday.

They said they tried to contact her "all day". She never got a voicemail from them and she and I had been texting throughout the day. I tried to contact customer service directly and stayed on hold 20+ minutes before finally hanging up. I finally gave up, contacted a local florist the next day and within 4 hrs they delivered. They even sent me a pic of the arrangement! I don't know what their business issue is or it is just that someone dropped the ball on this order. But for me, first and only time I will ever use them. I have requested a refund and I am sure that will result in more aggravation on my part.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I ordered an arrangement to be delivered to my mom after a surgery. She absolutely loves the arrangement, said the flowers are beautiful and fresh and smell amazing. She sent me a picture and it looks exactly like the photo shown on the website. (My mom is not easy to please, so I am beyond excited about my decision to use Teleflora this time instead of the company I previously used.)

Original review: April 8, 2019

Ordered flowers to have delivered to my wife while I was on a business trip for a specific date. On said date, received email stating there was problem placing the order. When I placed the order, I provided my wife's phone number to ensure she was home upon delivery. They contacted her to tell her they could not be delivered on the scheduled day and never gave reason why. Additionally, the individual who called her could not speak English very well. My wife informed me of the call and I asked her to call them back and ask about delivery issues and why they could not be delivered as ordered. She was able to get a hold of someone, who spoke English, and ensured prompt delivery. So the company's only saving grace is they were finally delivered on the date scheduled with hassle. With that said, I will never use this company again.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I ordered flowers for my mother's 86 birthday and got a confirmation. The order never arrived. Called customer service, was told they cancelled my order. No good reason given. The service rep was useless. Don't waste your time or money. Bill **.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Please share! Please make this go viral!!! DO NOT USE TELEFLORA! I ordered flowers for my friend who laid dying in hospice in another state. Paid online and was promised same day delivery. The flowers NEVER GOT DELIVERED!!! She PASSED THAT NIGHT! I will never have the opportunity to send her flowers ever again. I called for a refund and spoke with 4 to 5 managers and got 16 different stories. Transferred around 10 times. Sent to automated messages. Finally after getting heated I was offered 20% refund after a review of the case in 10 days! UNACCEPTABLE.

Then it was ok maybe we give you 75%. FOR SOMETHING I DID NOT GET? Then it was you’ll be refunded today. Then the next day no refund. Then it was 100% after review in 10 days. BUT STILL No refund. I asked repeatedly for email confirmation of the refund which they did not provide. Because they never planned to refund. They even had the nerve to send me a message saying it was hand delivered! NO IT WAS NOT! They even tried to reuse my account information for another purchase I didn’t make, but luckily I changed my debit card at the advice of my banker so it didn’t go through. I went through my bank and filed a dispute to get my money back.

I have no information on who has my money or what store was supposed to have delivered them in that city. They will not give you any information. They offer no sympathy. Absolutely ZERO customer service. HOLD TIMES OVER AN HOUR. I wonder why? Lies and lies. SCAM AND FRAUD! DO NOT EVER FALL FOR THIS. I can never get the second chance they took away from me. Unethical. Report report report everyone to the BBB. PLEASE. I FILED A REPORT TODAY WITH THE BBB. To top it all off they are sending me coupons through my email but won’t send me a refund confirmation or even a ticket number or any documentation at all that can be used against them! Please I beg of you to make this go viral. Share please! NEVER MAKE THE MISTAKE I MADE PLEASE.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I paid a higher dollar amount to get a beautiful wooden vase. I received a plain glass vase that I could have bought at the dollar store. It does say that that they might have to substitute vases, but they couldn't even come close to the vase that I ordered? They just choose to use a cheap plain normal glass vase. A complete waste of money.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Purchased an arrangement for my daughter at school four hours away for her 19th birthday. Went all out with largest available arrangement. What she received was More greens than anything. Very embarrassing. As a reply to my complaint they sent me a 30% discount code that must be used within 30 days and cannot be used online. You can find a better discount with no such restrictions online any day! So disappointed!

Original review: April 2, 2019

I DO NOT recommend this company whatsoever. I ordered flowers for my coworker on March 28 for delivery on April 1st. The website wasn't working correctly so I worked with their online chat service to place my order. I had one Promo code sent to me for $15.99 off my order and I decided to redeem my points for another $5 off the order the month before I had used 2 discounts on my order to another person so there shouldn't be any issues. Well I had gotten the receipt showing I would be charged $54.99 USD which would work out to about $73 CAD. Well after the transaction was completed I checked my Bank account to find out that my card was charged 70.89 USD being over $98 CAD.

I got back on the chat service. She fought me for a bit then promised within 5 days I would receive my refund for the additional cost charged to me. Well April first I was Charged another 22 CAD then on April 2 I was received a credit for 20.59 CAD... So NOW I have been charged over 100 for flowers that should have only costed me 73 CAD. When I called in I spoke with the CSR and the Manager and they said, "Well I'm sorry. There is nothing I can do." THEY went into my credit card and took money AFTER the fact without my knowledge then said there is nothing they can do. This is appalling. I have to have my bank step in to deal with this fraud. So again NEVER USE THIS COMPANY. THEY WILL USE YOUR CREDIT CARD AFTER THE PURCHASE IS DONE.

Original review: April 2, 2019

On the day of my anniversary, I wanted to surprise my wife and hire Teleflora services, choosing the bouquet I wanted, especially a type of flower that love my wife. My wife received the flower arrangement on time but with the surprise that it was not the type of flower I asked for and the flowers were wilted, I took a picture and started a claim. That was more than 4 months ago and to date I did not even receive an apology. It really was a nightmare. I will NEVER hire your services. WORST service I have known on my life.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I would give this company 0 stars, if possible! I placed 3 different orders, all on the same day— 2 of which were to be delivered today. I received confirmation emails, that the flowers had been “hand-delivered” hours earlier. My mother (recipient #1) never called to say anything about the bouquets, so I called her, only to find out that it had NEVER BEEN DELIVERED!

I then called the Customer Service line, where I was told that I had to wait until 8 pm to call in and lodge a “complaint”— not even a refund! I asked for the Supervisor, only to be told that there was no supervisor. I asked, why don’t they call the florist then? “Because the florist is closed, but perhaps they’re still delivering...” Are you kidding?! I wish that I had read all of these reviews first. Terrible customer service, AND, they don’t even deliver their product, which, from these reviews, is pretty crappy anyway. Please go with ANYONE ELSE!

Original review: April 1, 2019

Updated on 04/03/2019: I complained directly to Teleflora about a flower arrangement (see review posted 4/1). Today I received an email saying I'd get a $13 refund? So I get $13 back on a $65 bouquet that damaged and bore little resemblance to the photo on their site. I will be sure to let everyone I know to avoid using Teleflora. The only thing worse than their flowers is their horrible customer service.

Original Review: I chose the Desert Sunrise Bouquet because of colors shown and number of blooms. Delivered bouquet was short on flowers, poorly arranged, and some of the flowers included were bruised. The primary color should have been peach/coral. Instead bouquet contained pink flowers. I wish I could upload photos here to show what I paid for versus what was delivered. Shame on you, Teleflora, for sending out poor products to people who are celebrating big events or just need a nice bouquet to lift their spirits.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Nothing like what I ordered online. It was 2 days after Valentine's Day and I was ordering for an art show opening for a friend. Looked like rejected Valentine's flowers half dead. Bright pink vase with orange and red flowers! The note card handwritten instead of typed with poor slanted writing. I was embarrassed that my name was associated with it at the entrance. They used a florist none of the locals ever if!!

Original review: March 31, 2019

I ordered the "Spring Garden Basket" for a friend's Mother who just passed away and it was to go to the funeral home. This was described as a 15" x 15" dark wicker basket filled with 5 unique plants. This appeared pictured to be very full with colorful pink kalanchoe, pink hypoestes, lush green maiden ferns, Boston ferns, & fiddle leaf philodendron. Our friends who went in on the basket traveled 2 hours to the funeral home and were appalled when they saw the cheap small basket, half filled with a small orange kalanchoe, a couple of small Boston fern leaves, a common heart shaped philodendron, and an ivy rooting! Half the basket just had bare Spanish moss to fill the void. Can't believe 4 couples paid $69.00 plus shipping for this poor display of what was suppose to be a beautiful arrangement! We are all very disappointed to say the least! I wish I had read these reviews before I ordered. I will never use Teleflora again!

Original review: March 30, 2019

I ordered flowers for my friend's funeral on Tuesday morning. Teleflora didn't let me know until the following Thursday (funeral day) that they couldn't deliver the flower order. I was heartbroken. No remorse from the first person I spoke to (he could hardly speak English). He couldn't even tell me exactly why the flowers weren't delivered. I had to go through a route to complain to someone with more information. Horrible service and I will share this with everyone I can.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I had a delivery of Make a Wish Deluxe Bouquet and a helium balloon USD $60.00, supposed to arrive yesterday. When it did not arrive I called up and was told the florist had no helium so they could not deliver. (I ordered on Monday and they never tried to contact me about any issues.) I told them deliver without the balloon.

The flowers arrived today and they were not what was ordered, the bunch that came was about $10 worth of flowers, along with a kid's balloon. I went to the florists and called Teleflora while standing in the shop with the florist. They said they had been unable to find someone in my area to deliver!! I told them I was standing with the florist. They then said the Deluxe Bouquet was not available in my area, the florist confirmed it is. They said, as it was not available they changed the order to florists choice.... They then said they could not place the order as the florist was closed Thursday, she, while standing beside me said, "I was open all day yesterday, you did place the order and I delivered it."

It was the most awful, frustrating call I have ever made. The Teleflora employee told lie after lie, contradicting herself over and over again. After all this, she told me they were currently looking for a florist in my area to deliver my bouquet, I gave up. I told her issue a refund. I would NEVER EVER deal with them again, they are so incompetent. Go local, call a local florist direct, DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I ordered a beautiful premium orchid arrangement on the Teleflora website. I opted to use my choice of the Teleflora florist because the last delivery they used a local florist in the area and the arrangement was not like the website. Wanting to give Teleflora a second chance, I selected the Teleflora florist that I knew had a good reputation in the area and nice arrangements. After putting in my payment information, which was an American Express credit card, the website never seemed to complete my order. I had an online chat and they assured me that my order was being placed during the chat and they gave a verbal confirmation number for the processing of my credit card. An email confirmation also came.

The following day I received a second email telling me the order had not gone through. I called the 800 number and provided the reference numbers and they could not find the order. Finally they found it and said the order had not been completed. They offered to take the order verbally. At this point I am frustrated and concerned that in giving the order a third time, I may end up with multiple arrangements and credit card charges. I did not want to place the order again and told them that I would go back online since the arrangement was still sitting in my online shopping cart.

After hanging up, I got a voicemail message from Utah telling me there was a problem with my order and to call in. I went back online and terminated the original order which was still sitting in my shopping cart and started all over. The reason in doing so was I wanted to elect the specific florist and the greeting card was already typed in with a lot of thought. The online order again would not complete and I even used a different credit card because I thought maybe they didn't like American Express even though the website said they accept it. Again no completed order. At this point I have two days and way to many hours trying to order flowers.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I ordered flowers to be delivered days in advance. They were never delivered and I was told they could not find a florist in my area that could handle the order. Everyone was very disappointed. Never again from Teleflora.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Do not order from Teleflora. You will not get your flowers. They should be banned from search engines. Do not not not use this company. Ordered flowers for my sister's birthday. Gave 4 days notice. Flowers never arrived on the day. Will never use this company again and will make certain no one I know will either. Absolute disgrace.

Teleflora expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In business more than 78 years, Teleflora is an experienced flower delivery service. The company offers same-day delivery on many flowers, but also allows consumers to schedule their orders up to three months in advance.

• Intuitive website: A clean and easy-to-read website makes shopping online a pleasant experience.

• Shop by occasion: Find a flower arrangement for any occasion, from birthdays to weddings, using Teleflora's tools to search by occasion.

• Images: The Teleflora website shows images of what different sizes of the same bouquet will look like, and it shows estimated measurements too. This information can help consumers select the best size for their recipient.

• Unique arrangements: Teleflora's holiday and seasonal displays use non-traditional foliage like colorful maple leaves and sheaves of wheat to provide unique holiday looks.

• Leave it to the experts: If you are unsure about what to pick, you can always go with the Deal of the Day. Florists put together an arrangement just for you, at the price point you specify.

• Best for: significant others, friends and adult children.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs