1.19/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 23, 2017

328 Teleflora Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

On November 19, 2017 I ordered a Thanksgiving centerpiece for my family in California to be delivered on November 22nd. This order was placed using my Woman Within Catalog credit card utilizing their special arrangement with Teleflora. The flowers weren't delivered until 7:30 pm on the 22nd and when I received a photo of the centerpiece from my son, it was obvious it wasn't the $54.95 deluxe version I ordered. It was supposed to have two candles, it had one, and the centerpiece looked more like the standard 44.95 version (based on the Teleflora website photos). My total order was $74.94. I called customer service, explained my dissatisfaction and she offered me a 50% discount on a future order.

Since I planned to order Christmas flowers, I thought that would be a good deal. The rep said she would email me instructions on how to use the discount. I waited 45 minutes and no email arrived. I called customer service again, gave the rep who answered the name of the previous rep and explained what happened. She put me on hold for quite some time then informed me a discount couldn't be offered because I used an online catalog credit card and not a "regular" card. She said the flowers would be picked up the next business day. My response was WHAT?

She said the first rep I spoke to had cancelled the order and they had to take the flowers back. I explained I hadn't cancelled the order and they better not snatch the flowers from my son. At that point, I was very upset and let her know it. She said she would contact the florist and tell them not to remove the flowers and she would issue a credit. At this point, I have no confidence at all that their promise will be kept. I'm not telling my family any of this because I don't want them thinking their centerpiece will disappear the next day. DO NOT order through Teleflora. Go directly through a florist, as I plan to do in the future.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Terrible first experience with this company. Broken communication chain between Teleflora and the local businesses they work with, resulting in misleading order updates. Ordered flowers for my sister’s birthday, received a delivery confirmation at 6 pm, mentioned it to my sister and lo and behold, she hadn’t received anything. Called the following morning to check in and again, the message was that they had delivered on the order, but my sister still had not received. Timeliness is literally 80% of the whole idea of sending flowers! I got a small partial refund but do think the order was a failure. A lack of integrity on the local florist’s part for by being transparent and honest about the status of the order but also something Teleflora needs to govern better. I would stay away if you’re needing perfect, timely execution.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

By far, the absolute worst customer service department I have ever dealt with. Ordered a sympathy bouquet which was to be sent to the recipient on the anniversary of her mother's death. On the day it was to be delivered, I received an e-mail confirmation that the bouquet was "hand delivered". Except it never was. Upon speaking with the recipient, she told me she never received anything whatsoever. When I contacted customer service the representative told me that so-called hand delivered confirmation was in fact automated and does not necessarily state the order was delivered. Upon expressing my discontent the representative assured me the bouquet would be delivered that day before 8 pm local time, except once again it was not delivered.

Spoke to the customer service department two more times and nothing was done to rectify the situation. Two days later the bouquet is received and it looks NOTHING like the order I placed. Instead of the full, large bouquet I ordered, my recipient received a rather embarrassing and pathetic looking arrangement. The two aren't even comparable. Upon calling the customer service department once again, I was kept on hold for forever and was offered a mere 25% off coupon for my next order. This company is absolutely a horror and disgrace. I will never ever purchase a single item from them again and urge others to save yourself the headache and make your flower order elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I️ ordered online. A wonderfully tasteful arrangement for my mother in law's memorial service. What came was a anemic second cousin to the flowers that should have come. They even began to wilt over a matter of a couple of hours. I️ was unable to use them. Had to run out the morning off and find a florist that was able to help. I️ will NEVER order from them again!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Teleflora was horrible to work with. The whole transaction was a mess of nondelivery for a special occasion, then told the arrangement was not available, then that a nice arrangement would be sent and the florist would call me before delivery with a picture so I could approve. The florist did not receive that message. The arrangement was not comparable to what I had first ordered. I was awarded a 75% refund but it was not posted to my account. I requested a full refund for the disappointment and bad faith promises, but heard nothing until I said I would escalate with PayPal. Full refund, no apology, will not work with Teleflora again. Florist said they are very hard to deal with, charge extra, which they keep, and don't pay promptly. I would give 0 stars if I could. VERY disappointing, VERY poor customer service. Florist advised calling a local store instead of using Teleflora.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Teleflora ?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

3 times I got my order in waaay before the time frame for same day delivery and all 3 times they did not do it! The discount codes they sent me in their apologies did not work either! I actually called them after I placed the order and they told me everything was perfect and they would give me an email confirmation and then no more than 30 seconds later they send me an email saying they can’t do it on date requested pick another date! Now as I sit here typing this I’ve been on hold for 10 min trying to get a supervisor on the phone.

Now I just spoke with a supervisor and he said all the flower shops have made their deliveries today already. It is 12 pm my time!!! I placed order at 8 am my time! I was then placed on hold again. I looked up flower shops in the area to get delivery directly, sent a message to them about delivery, and they said, “No problem!”. I just informed the supervisor and he said "oh let me call the florist and make sure one moment sir." Update, after being told no florist could do it. I told him I had just ordered from a florist in that area that will have it there by 5 pm and I want full refund. I wish I could give less stars!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I ordered flowers for my daughter's birthday to be delivered on that day. I received a confirmation number when I submitted my payment but never received a confirmation email. I called the delivery day to make sure all was set. The first rep said he could not find an order. I said it was confirmed. He was absolutely no help! After waiting forever on hold several times, I got a great rep who confirmed that yes there was an order but could they switch out a certain pumpkin for another. I said sure and she assured me that it would be delivered by 2pm.

I did not hear from my daughter and around 3pm received a phone message that there was a problem and to call a number. I called it and gave my order number and was told they had no such order!! I called Teleflora yet again...placed on crazy hold...yet again and finally got a horrendously unprofessional rep who basically said, "Too bad your flowers will not be delivered!" I asked for a supervisor...on hold again forever until I hung up and called back.

I finally got a supervisor who looked into it and said they had messed up. One person had told the sending florist to cancel the order. The supervisor tried to call the florist back, but by then, they were closed and it was too late for me to order elsewhere. I realize with all the trouble in the world today that this may seem inconsequential, but sending flowers should be a happy occasion, not a stressful mess!! My daughter had a rough year with ER hospital stays and I wanted to bring a smile to her face for her birthday. I will never use this company again!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible! First of all I ordered the zen artistry plant. When they delivered it, my mom wasn't home so they just left it on her stoop instead of trying again later. Irma was suppose to rain. Besides that what I thought I ordered because of what was shown and what was delivered were incomparable. Not even was the plant pot even close. Very disappointed I will never order from here again and I am disputing the charge.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I ordered a deluxe bouquet on Thursday morning for Friday delivery. The arrangement was for my best friend and romantic partner, who was leaving the country on Saturday. Without any notification or explanation, the flower arrangement was never delivered. I emailed to inquire about what happened, and the only response I got was that they were refunding the charge back to my account. There was no explanation as to what had happened and why the order was never honored. I was counting on Teleflora to help give my dearest a memorable send off. Needless to say, I was very upset that this company couldn't even carry out a simple function like fulfilling the order.

There was nothing particularly difficult about my order, it was their standard, ready to order deluxe bouquet with no other special requests attached. I would very much have liked for her to have seen them before she'd left for her country. I had read the reviews online, but I always view complaints with a fair bit of skepticism, since I believe people are ten times more likely to complain when upset than a satisfied customer is to post a positive review. But this experience has left me raw, and I know now that you cannot rely on this company to do what they say they'll do.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I ordered flowers to be used at a memorial service for a friend who passed. I received a confirmation email that they were delivered. They were not delivered. After calling and complaining they were delivered the next day (too late to be apart of the service) which was highly distressing. When I called they had no answers and offered me a 50% coupon for my next delivery. After explaining that I will never use this company again I was offered 30% refund.

When the flowers were actually delivered it looked NOTHING like the deluxe flowers that were chosen online. The vase was not the same either. Not only were the flowers different but the colors were different (which were specifically chosen for the color scheme of the memorial service). The arrangement was such a poor excuse for the actual flowers that were chosen to be delivered. This is the worst service and worst customer service, not only was I inconvenienced but then I had to wait on hold for the manager for a long time and had to basically demand something more be done. I don't even feel that 30% off was enough (I spent about $80 and was given back $25). Flowers didn't make it to event and were arranged Horrible, I could have done a better job myself and I'm not a florist.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I have been trying to reach someone all morning. I had an email that my friend's flowers were delivered to her office but she didn't receive them. It's now Friday and I still can't get in touch with anyone to find out what happened after spending $50!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I ordered an arrangement for my mother's 78th birthday. It was the Brilliant Birthday Blooms. The white bowl with the candles looked great online and I loved the fullness of the premium selection, but what my mother received looked nothing like it. Instead she received something that could not have even been compared to the Standard arrangement. I have never been so embarrassed by a gift!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

First of all, I ordered an arrangement for my friend in hospice on a Saturday morning, before the deadline for delivery that day. Later that afternoon, I received a phone call, telling me flower shops were closed or busy with funerals and couldn't get my arrangement done til Monday. I called Monday morning asking for expedited delivery, as my friend was failing. An arrangement was delivered by 1:00 Monday, but the "deluxe" I had ordered was pathetic. It was a tiny vase, with sparsely arranged flowers, the ribbon was not the "Polka dot" one shown in the "polka dot posies" arrangement pictured, and it looked like a very cheap arrangement - not at all like the $49.95 (plus fees and taxes for a total of $67.93) one pictured on the website. Teleflora either misrepresented this bouquet, or the florist did a horrible job. Very disappointing. I plan to never again order from Teleflora.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I ordered a sympathy plant for a very close friend of mine and when sent a picture of what she received I wanted to cry. I attached a copy of what she received. When I called to complain, they would only offer 35% refund. I called back and they said they could only offer up to 50%. I deserve a full refund on what they delivered to my friend. I will NEVER do business with this company again!!! It looks like an DYI project gone wrong??? And the only reason I gave a 1 star is because I couldn't go lower.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Every time I use Teleflora online I get the wrong arrangements. They say you can pick your florist not true I never get the florist I pick or the arrangements I pick. One time my order didn't come until it was time to go to bed. If you want your order correct call your own florist and place your order.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Placed an order with Teleflora two days prior to a close friend's funeral on 10/7/2017, Teleflora promised delivery. Teleflora dropped the ball. No delivery, very upsetting to the family, made a bad day worse, they managed to take the money from my account within minutes of the order. After the funeral and another confirmation of non delivery, called Teleflora at 4 pm, a representative stated they needed to confirm non delivery from a third party... We stated we bought the flowers from Teleflora not a local florist (turns out this was a big mistake never again with Teleflora). Rep stated they called the third party vendor and they were closed?? At 4 pm, turns out they open at 10 am so a 6 hour workday??

Somebody lied to us... Following day two phone calls same story, had to confirm non delivery by third party, again I explained I did not purchase from a third party and was not happy to learn Teleflora also advised even after they confirm non delivery it could take up to 10 days for my refund. It has been three days now and no one from Teleflora has issued even an "I'm sorry" to us. They are without a doubt an unscrupulous predatory business. Do yourself a favor. DO NOT use them, it will end in frustration... I am left wondering how many times they do not deliver and still get paid especially from people sending flowers from out of town, or from people who cannot attend!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I paid extra to have a "Deluxe" arrangement delivered to my daughter for her 40th birthday with a mylar balloon. The arrangement presented on the website had a beautiful blue vase (my daughter's favorite color). The arrangement delivered had an awful blue paper inside a clear vase and what was delivered had far fewer flowers. It was less attractive than the minimum standard arrangement and there was no balloon. I will never order from them again. Thanks, Teleflora, for spoiling something special!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I ordered flowers from my address in Victoria, BC to be delivered to my daughter in Calgary, Alberta. The Teleflora online Ad reads "Teleflora (Registered) Canada Flowers. The online receipt was in Canadian Dollars but on Credit Card Bill was in USD and an extra $15 charged to my account. I contacted Teleflora and I was told it was because of the exchange rate. I advised Teleflora twice of the details of the purchase i.e. the Ad showed Canadian and the transactions were all in Canada but they did not reply to either email. I believe Teleflora are advertising fraudulently within Canada and would advise future customers to be wary of this business.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Worst service I have ever experienced in my life. STAY AWAY. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. The product you order is not what you get!!! It took 2 days for a same day delivery! I guarantee you will be happier ordering from someplace else, even if you have to spend more money.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Ordered a cute antique Ford pickup/floral arrangement several days before recipient's birthday. The day before delivery, I was emailed & told the pickup truck was not available (see other reviews about the elusive undeliverable pickup truck). The link for an alternate selection showed me nothing. Simply said something festive & appropriate would be sent. OK. Day of delivery I was emailed & told the arrangement was hand-delivered. Not according to the recipient, who I have been in touch with twice.

Emails & phone calls to Teleflora finally determined that the item was not delivered because no one could sign for it & recipient's phone message box was full. I was never told the arrangement needed to be signed for. If I knew this, I would have sent it to her work address. Through much additional follow-up, the arrangement has supposedly now been delivered a day late sans signature. It is now on the recipient's porch. I still need to verify this with the recipient, but I have never had this much hassle with the purchase of a floral arrangement. I also have no idea what this troublesome arrangement looks like.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

On September 14 I ordered the arrangement, Zen Artistry, Deluxe. I am appalled at what the recipient received. I understand substitution, but given 5 days advance on this order, it could have been done correctly. I sent this to my niece, who has terminal cancer. What she received looks like a damn funeral arrangement rather than an exotic arrangement meant to induce peaceful feelings. I can't even call her because I'm so mortified. I will not order from Teleflora again. You need to contact whatever local florist did this, and make them understand when given as much notice as was given, they need to step up their game, and understand there are actual people on the other side of that order. I've attached photos of what I ordered and what she received.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

For my daughter's 21st birthday, I picked out the cotton candy standard bouquet to be delivered. I did it only a day in advance, so I picked something standard, pink roses, and pink carnations. I get an email 24 hours later saying that they can't deliver the flowers today, because the florist doesn't have pink carnations. I call CS and tell them to use what ever color they have that will look ok, then they tell me that it's too late to have them delivered!! I called 2 minutes after I received the email!! Then they tell me that my refund will take 10 business days if I cancel!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!! Thank you for ruining my daughter's 21st birthday!! Do not waste your time on placing an order with these people!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I order flowers for my Dad since he had a heart attack. Got a call the day they were to be delivered saying the Ford Pickup vase wasn't available. Call back and select another one. I call back, go thru the process of selecting another one, The Bee Well with a cute bee in a nurses uniform. The CSR's broken English didn't really understand that I wanted the exact same floral arrangement just replace the Ford pick up with the Bee. Well, she said she'd try to do so.

We hang up and 10 minutes later I get a call back telling me that's not available either. WTF?! Are you ** me right now?!? I asked the CSR why the hell they don't put that on their website that these things aren't available. She was very sweet and apologetic. She was also sympathetic. I asked for my full refund and got a note indicating it went thru. But come on... how does this company operate if their materials on the website isn't even available? Worst experience ever! But the last CSR deserves a star for her kindness.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I'll have to admit, I was terrified after I purchased some flowers for my partner and saw the reviews for Teleflora. I anxiously awaited their same day delivery to her work and fortunately the wait was not long. I placed the order for her flowers at about 12:10 PM and around 3:15 I got a message from her thanking me for the flowers. They look as promised and in good health. I feel like these guys deserve at least a good review for their good work, even if it doesn't always work out that way for everyone.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I ordered a fresh flower bouquet for my sister who lives out of state. I paid the additional fee to have it delivered before 1:00 pm. It was delivered hours early and on the date requested. The local Teleflora company in Henderson, North Carolina did an excellent job. My sister called me immediately and exclaimed about the beautiful arrangement, as well as the professional and courteous service provided by the staff. I am delighted by this purchase and highly recommend the company.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

This was my first time using Teleflora. I noticed their unique bouquets and they caught my eye. A family member was just getting home after being very ill in the hospital. After finding the perfect one, the 'Pleasing Purple Bouquet' shades of purple various flowers with white Lilies, in a purple vase. I opted for the middle/deluxe version and used a 20% off coupon. My order was around $74, I saved $11 and paid around $63. After seeing the bouquet that was sent, I was incredibly upset and could not believe it cost me as much as it did. It looked nothing like the picture. There were so few flowers, that it barely covered the rim of the small, square vase. They substituted the flowers with pink and white filler flowers. There were only 2 Lilies. The foam that the flowers were stuck into, was clearly visible. The 'purple vase' was a clear vase that they put purple paper inside of. And the flowers were already wilting.

After contacting customer service, I received a cookie cutter response and was told they would send me a 25% refund. I told them I read over their website and it was full of 'guarantees and promises' and I wanted a full refund. They then proceeded to tell me for a full refund, they needed to pick up the bouquet within 48 hours. Of course no one is going to have a bouquet taken away from someone, so their 'refund policy' is a complete scam, so they don't have to give unhappy customers their money back. There was no concern, or empathy or compassion on their end. They couldn't care less. Nowhere on their site have I found any recording of this 'refund policy', only a guarantee.

I am absolutely disgusted by them and will NEVER use them again. I only wish I found these reviews beforehand, with the same complaints as mine. It seems most of the bouquets have cheap filler daisies in them and not the actual flowers that are in the pictures. This company is dealing with people who are celebrating, mourning or sick and it's horrific that they can get away with this. I have ordered from another flower company whose flowers died right away and they continued to apologize and gave me a full refund. Their flowers have always been excellent other than that one experience. I should have stuck with them. This company should be ashamed.

Original review: July 22, 2017

My step-daughter has been battling cancer since last December and lost the war a couple of weeks ago. Her service was scheduled for today July 22, 2017. My husband, the deceased's father is handicapped and could not make the trip to California. I volunteered to contribute the wreath that goes around the urn which ran $188. On the 13th I paid this and was sent a confirmation from Teleflora saying they would be delivered on the 21st. My husband's other daughter who lives in California called us on the 21st to inform us they hadn't been delivered. I called 3 times to Teleflora with no results and no concern. I have text and sent emails. This is now the 22nd and the service is in process, there are no flowers. I was charged the money, but no flowers. WE ARE BROKEN HEARTED and ashamed. Please don't use this service, they are heartless and irresponsible... This could have been your daughter's funeral.

Original review: July 22, 2017

Ordered a $60 bouquet for my mom's birthday. Thankfully we found a coupon because with fees it would've been $70. What arrived wasn't even worth $20. I am upset and disgusted and am contacting customer service. I expect I'll have trouble with them based on other reviews. I will NEVER order from here again which is a shame because the flowers look nice but it is NOT what I paid for.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I ordered a flowering basket of plants for my daughter's birthday. Since she is out of town this was extremely important that it be delivered today, on her birthday. The order confirmation was emailed to me at 1:13pm and I had at least 3 calls afterwards saying they were having difficulty fulfilling it that ended with confirmation. That it would indeed be filled today as ordered (they called the florist while I was on the line). I told them all day that if it couldn't be guaranteed that I needed to know so I could make other plans. The last call, just before 5pm told me it wasn't going to happen. I am so upset and will never try to use them again. I ordered $59 basket for a total charge of $77.93 which I asked them to refund with the cancellation of the order.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I ordered a bouquet of violet flower plants for my mother-in-law for Mother's day this year (2017) - about $69 total. She received a cheap bouquet of yellow daisies in a cheap clear vase. NOTHING like what I ordered and looked like something you could pick up at a gas station. I was NEVER contacted that there would be an issue in fulfilling my order properly. My first complaint email resulted in an offer of 20% off my NEXT order. As if I would ever order again.

About 8 emails later, they finally offered me a full refund - but when they refunded, they did not refund the shipping charge or EXPEDITED shipping charge I paid. So about $22 less than I paid. I will NEVER order from here again. I usually use ProFlowers (GREAT customer service). Teleflora has no idea how to deal with their OWN errors. Yes - it was probably the local florist they contracted through - but that is THEIR error. It was embarrassing and I still was never fully refunded. Stay away and call a local florist directly.

Teleflora expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In business more than 78 years, Teleflora is an experienced flower delivery service. The company offers same-day delivery on many flowers, but also allows consumers to schedule their orders up to three months in advance.

• Intuitive website: A clean and easy-to-read website makes shopping online a pleasant experience.

• Shop by occasion: Find a flower arrangement for any occasion, from birthdays to weddings, using Teleflora's tools to search by occasion.

• Images: The Teleflora website shows images of what different sizes of the same bouquet will look like, and it shows estimated measurements too. This information can help consumers select the best size for their recipient.

• Unique arrangements: Teleflora's holiday and seasonal displays use non-traditional foliage like colorful maple leaves and sheaves of wheat to provide unique holiday looks.

• Leave it to the experts: If you are unsure about what to pick, you can always go with the Deal of the Day. Florists put together an arrangement just for you, at the price point you specify.

• Best for: significant others, friends and adult children.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs