1.07/5

620 Teleflora Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Teleflora is a scam. This company just provide false advertisement to customers. I bought a $50 dollars flower arrangement for my grandma that turned 101 years old. I wanted to sent her something nice and cute. I picked My Little Chickadee arrangement on Wednesday October 10. Her birthday was on the 11th. So finally around 5 pm on Thursday the flowers arrived to the care center where she is at. Well surprise. I wanted to get a picture of the arrangement and it was not even close to the description from the website.

The flowers were ugly, the vase was just a metal rack cover with cheap paper. I was very upset and I called a manager the same day. According to the manager I was going to get a new arrangement the next day. The new arrangement never arrived. The excuse for that was no florist had the vase for the new arrangement. Come on. Who is going to believe that. Then I was supposed to get the flowers of the day and after day three nothing arrived. My poor grandma end up with a piece of ** set of ugly flowers. I want my money back. Companies like this shouldn't exist.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I never thought I would be one of the people who resorted to this. I spent over an hour on the phone trying to resolve the issue. Ordered 2 arrangement to celebrate the birth of my granddaughter after my daughter spent days in labor and delivery and ultimately in surgery. The arrangements were far inferior to items pictured on website. I told them my expectation was to have them immediately deliver the appropriate arrangements. They refused unless they could first go to my daughter's hospital room and remove the inferior arrangements... how embarrassing, humiliating and lets not forget traumatizing to a new and fragile mother.

And hold on because Yvonne ** in customer service refused to give me the name of her supervisor or the corporate address... and gave me a bogus phone number... something has to be done about this company. After reading reviews many have been victims of this company’s misrepresentation, bait and switch practices, and in my case unprofessional and abusive customer service. I would love to share photos.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I ordered flowers to be sent to a recipient in England. They were scheduled to be delivered 9/25. It's now 10/6. They never arrived and I still haven't received credit. Apparently, I have to wait for the florist in England to respond to their inquiry. This is abysmal.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Just a sad deal what happened to my order. Paid extra for premium package for mostly roses and they sent only carnations. This company is a total scam. $80 for a few carnations? Only wanted to refund 10%. Just a complete scam here...

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I ordered flowers for my grandmother's casket and this company never made them. Their pictures are fake. They do not stock flowers and even when I said it was ok to do one with carnations they never did the order. I confirmed the order two times this morning. Their customer service people do not know how to read their orders. SO my grandmother's casket will not have a spray on it!!! This is so wrong. "I am sorry" does not work. Please do not use Teleflora to order flowers!!! They also screwed up the second part of this order. I am so pissed off right now. Please do not use this company!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Teleflora ?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Ordered arrangement to be delivered with confirmation date... Day of delivery received email and text at 1:40 pm that my order was to be delayed and I needed to pick another date! When I called Teleflora customer service the rep said the florist isn’t answering their calls... Really and you're still using them??? I requested that he contact another florist in the area and get it delivered today, per my order. He still couldn’t assist me with my delivery today. I asked to speak with a manager 3 times, my requests was ignored. Rep said I can get 50% off my NEXT order. Like there’s a chance I’d ever use them again! I’ve used FTD and Edible Arrangements frequently and never had I ever encountered such terrible customer service... thought I’d give Teleflora a try, huge disappointment and mistake.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I had flowers delivered to my job anonymously and days later I had a threatening phone call to my job & on Instagram basically from a guy who wanted to get his hands on me. I have called multiple times and was told I needed a police report to get the name of who sent me the flowers. I got that. Then I was told they couldn't help me and I needed a subpoena?! A subpoena to tell me the name of who sent me flowers... This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. If this was anyone's daughter or family member I think they would act different or even if it was happening to them.

I have never been so appalled in my life that I have to walk around with a loaded gun on me 24/7 in fear knowing this person knows my name and where I work and cannot get a name due to the "anonymous" sender and phone calls and the lack of help from a flower company. I would never wish this fear on anyone, karma will do its work and I hope this company is proud of their "policies." They're willing to withhold a name when it could be a serious problem or something could happen to me. I will make sure to tell every social media page and person I come in contact with how horrible and heartless this company is. Absolutely disgusting. Then again I can tell from the terrible ratings on most review sites many people already don't like this company. I myself will post it as much as possible.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I preordered and prepaid for two deliveries in the same town. I received a text saying the 1st order could not be delivered. I called the next day to learn the order could not be delivered that day either. The associate could not tell me why and said he would schedule the delivery the next day. I told him I would like to cancel my second order that was scheduled to be delivered in two days. He said he could not do that but would email me a 50% off coupon (that I will never use).

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I ordered flowers for my wife for our anniversary. I placed the order on 9/21 (Friday), and paid for expedited delivery on 9/24 (Monday). On 9/24, I received an email that the flowers were delivered to her work address (which is what I wanted). That evening, I asked my wife about them, and she was puzzled. She said she never received them. After contacting Teleflora, they said they were delivered at 10:48 a.m. and signed for by "NMI". After my wife asked her receptionist about it, it was very clear that they were never delivered. Teleflora offered no remorse, or explanation for what happened. They just processed a refund. Terrible customer service for a very straightforward order. I tried to save $10-$20 by not using one of the industry leaders. I won't make that same mistake again.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Basically, a close family friend passed away and I could attend the funeral because of work. So I wanted to send a fruit basket instead. They said they would be able to deliver it and I ordered early to make sure it wasn't last second and they couldn't do it. Guess what, it never arrived. They said they couldn't deliver it and that was it. What kind of bare bones excuse is that?!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I placed an order on 9/20 for a flower delivery for a memorial service on 9/22. On the morning of 9/22 I received an email that the chosen flowers were not available, and "we don't want to delay your gift... We will deliver a beautiful arrangement designed by the local florist that expresses the sentiment of your gift". Not ideal, but okay. Then on 9/23, I received a voicemail that the flowers had not been delivered. Had this been a b-day or other occasion, I would have been fine sending the flowers late, but due to the nature of this being a memorial service, that is not possible. If you're expecting your flowers to actually be delivered, then I don't advise ordering from Teleflora.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Ordered from the website for delivery to a birthday recipient. At 2:30pm on the event day, they contacted me and asked if they could substitute. I approved. At 5:30 they again called and asked if they could delay delivery until the following day. I wasn't happy, but I approved. The following day, at 2:30 in the afternoon they AGAIN called and asked permission to delay another day. At this point it is two days past the event so I had no choice but to approve the delay. Finally on the third day they called AGAIN wanting to delay until MONDAY. I told them to cancel the order as they had no intent to make the delivery that I paid for. The flowers were never received... my account has never been credited after 10 days.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Do not order from this place! I ordered a Birthday Deluxe Bouquet for my sister's 15 anniversary. I choose the Deluxe because of more flowers, but I received literally only 4 flowers in my arrangement. This is not fair!!! I paid $60 for only 4 flowers. After contacting the company, they just offered a discount for my next purchase, which it won't be one more. They did not want to give me my refund even though I sent a picture to show the horrible service.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Floral Bouquet was very sparse. I choose the deluxe so it would have more flowers in the picture it had 4 roses and at least 10 of each color daisy. The bouquet delivered had 2 roses and 6 each color daisies. Very disappointing. I had spent time and researched the florist they allowed you to select from yet they ordered them from someone other than the one I selected. I will not order from them again. Teleflora did refund me 30%.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

This is the Premium Zen Artistry Arrangement I ordered for $75.45 versus what was delivered. When my friend send me a photo, I was so embarrassed! If I had been told beforehand that the florist could not make the arrangement, I would have cancelled the order. Their response: “I'm so sorry that you were disappointed in the arrangement that was delivered to **. Our goal is to provide excellent service and we apologize that we fell short on this order. A 30% refund of $22.64 has been issued back to your account.” I responded that I wanted to get a full refund but they never got back to me. I was able to get the full refund by using the resolution center of my Paypal credit card. Be sure to tell your friends to send you a pic so you know you are not being scammed. I will take my business back to FTD who deliver what you order.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Simple and short. Customer service friendly but not helpful and can’t resolve a thing. Flowers never delivers, I had to call and open a complaint. They have no tracking number. Only means of real communication is through their email service, and they offer you a discount for your next delivery like I would ever use them again. I am still waiting on my refund, I paid with PayPal and it’s says your money will not leave your account till your order is ready... Lie! They pulled the funds when the order was not even accepted by the florist company they where suppose to use. They keep saying it’s because they can’t get the florist company to answer their phone. Very unhappy and I am very sure this Company is a Scam! Be careful. Wish I would have done more research, I thought this was a real nationwide service but it’s truly a scam.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I got an online confirmation email when some friends and I jointly purchased flowers to be delivered to a friend for her birthday. A week went by with no response from my friend, since she never received flowers! I called customer service, they looked it up and said, "Oh yes. The warehouse had an issue and orders were not delivered that day." (I made the order three days in advance in case any issues came up). Then they asked how I would like to proceed with the order. Well despite the fact I look like a jerk when I was the friend in the group making the order that never got delivered, I said, "We wanted a refund and for the flowers to be delivered still." The rep said, "Oh we don't deliver free flowers." Well you don't deliver flowers that are paid for either now do you. So, if you use Teleflora, your loved one might get their flowers, or they might not and you will be charged and never know the difference.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I placed an order on Friday morning for a next day delivery. It was to be a surprise for my husband. I made a point of staying home so the order would be a surprise for him when they arrived. By 12:30 I called to check status of the delivery. I was told that the local florist was preparing them for the afternoon delivery driver to take out. At 3:30 I called again, checking status of delivery. I was told they were unable to reach the florist but I would be contacted with delivery confirmation. At 5:30 I called again, got the same answer as what I was told at 3:30. At 8:30 pm, still NO DELIVERY. Got the same story as earlier in the day. MY ORDER NEVER ARRIVED!

Fast forward to Monday got a call from Teleflora telling me there was an attempt to deliver the order but no one was home...my husband is retired & was home all morning. Either someone got the address wrong or someone lied. I confirmed the address sooo, I guess someone LIED! DO NOT TRUST THIS SERVICE! Your recipient may or may not receive your gift!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I sent flowers to my mom, my dad recently died it would have been their 50th anniversary. I paid $100.00. The message I wrote was: "Love, Amy". They decided to write, "Happy anniversary here’s to another loving happy year." Ok my dad is dead. I can’t even imagine what my mom thought when reading that. Then my mom sends a picture of what was delivered. Looks like a 10$ dying bouquet from the grocery store. I called them. They are a nightmare to deal with, they offered 40% off my next (never) purchase. Umm no. I either want my money back or they need to deliver what I paid for. Now they want to come take back the dead crappy flowers first from the grieving widow before redelivering.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Ordered a $100 "towering ficus" to be delivered to my daughter's place of business. Paid extra for delivery before 1pm and gave them the cell phone #. They never contacted her (delivery guy couldn't find the 3 story building in College Park MD). Order was delivered after 5, and instead of a ficus they substituted a cheap peace lily that was worth 1/3 of what I paid. Customer service offered me a credit towards future purchase - which I will not use. The best that this can be called is "bait and switch". Fraudulent business practice. Customer service was pleasant but totally unable to do anything to fix the problem. If they can't deliver what was ordered, they should contact the customer - they had my contact info as well as my daughter's. She spent time on the phone with the delivery guy trying to tell him where the building was (he seemed to have anxiety issues). They did NOT substitute a plant of equal quality and value.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I used Teleflora today when ordering flowers to surprise my daughter for her Sweet 16 birthday today. While I do not know what local florist they used, I can assure you the bouquet she received was nowhere near the standard bouquet advertised on their site. The rep I spoke with was polite enough; however, he made the statement because the local florist did not have pink roses in stock; a reasonable substitution was made to the arrangement by adding more carnations. This bouquet was completely underwhelming and I am both extremely disappointed and embarrassed by what she received for her floral surprise on her special day. There is absolutely NO comparison to the two bouquets. The rep did try saying I ordered the standard bouquet like that was supposed to make a difference; however, there is nothing comparable about their advertised standard bouquet and what was sent. It was certainly not worth the price spent either.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Everything went wrong on order. Will not use Teleflora again. Crisza took order Sept 9, assured me was well before noon and would make it that day for dad's birthday. I stressed importance of this, she seemed to understand. Hour later I received an SMS saying it wouldn't. I called, and Marc said he would do his best. I heard nothing, and assumed it went through as no one communicated otherwise. Whole point of services like Teleflora is ease, convenience, and fast reliable delivery without client micromanaging. But two days later, my dad hadn't received the flowers.

I called, spoke with Brenda. She was surprised at the situation. She mentioned I had been called a number of times - I hadn't, only once earlier that day. She also said I had been emailed. Email address was incorrect - though spelling same as order/billing and I mentioned this to Crisza. Brenda removed service charge, applied discount, and sent with apology note. However, damage done, the birthday was missed, and there is nothing that can make up for that.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Placed a order for my wife's birthday, but delivered ONE WEEK Earlier, which costed me $141.35. Contacted C/S and agreed to redelivery on the date of birthday, NO SHOW, NO SHOW, NO SHOW... Teleflora only agreed refunded $42.41 to closed this case, no matter how much anger I have! Never trust this store, except you wanna ruin the day you are treasured.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

First off I placed an order for same delivery to my fiancée on her birthday and was not notified until almost 3 pm that they would not be able to make the delivery that day and because of where she works she had to be notified as it is a secure building, even though she was on the order the Teleflora customer service rep treated her very poorly and would not help her. Second the floral arrangement was to be delivered the next morning and was not delivered until almost 3 pm. Lastly, the arrangement that was delivered was not what I paid for and looked horrible, the roses were bent, the lilies looked as if they had just gotten picked and still have not bloomed and the rest of the flowers were damn near dead. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE. WILL NOT USE TELEFLORA AGAIN!!!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Ordered floral arrangement for my brother in law's mother's funeral. It was "guaranteed delivery". 2 hours AFTER service, local florist contractor leaves me voicemail to say they were unable to fulfill my order in time and to provide them with an alternate delivery address. Really wish I would have seen this site BEFORE I ordered with them. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I placed an order for a floral arrangement for a dear friend's birthday via the internet... I gave them all the pertinent information for delivery & payment for my order. When I called my friend on her birthday, to wish her a Happy Birthday & if she liked the floral arrangement she told me NO flowers were delivered... No one from Teleflora contacted me! I had to initiate an investigation into what happened. I did not get an explanation as to why the flowers had not been delivered. Only that I would be reimbursed for the flowers that weren't delivered. How very nice of them to reimburse me for a product not delivered... The only advice I can offer is DO NOT USE TELEFLORA... Especially if you want them DELIVERED!!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I ordered an arrangement called "Upsy Daisy"... It had yellow/white Daisies in a yellow vase with a yellow/white check bow to be delivered to someone for their birthday. When she sent me a picture of what was delivered I was mortified!!! As you can see from the photos the arrangement not only wasn't what I ordered but looked like a 6 year old put it together & the handwritten message on the card looked like scribble!!

When I called Teleflora I was told the florist they farmed it out to did not have the Daisies or vase that was pictured & chose to put together their version which was not even close to my order. They have offered a monetary return of 40% of the cost but I feel I should be reimbursed for the entire amount as it's Teleflora's responsibility to ensure the product ordered will be exactly (or close to) what was ordered & paid for. They would not give me the name of the florist when I requested it so I guess I have no way of avoiding using it in the future nor will I be using Teleflora ever again.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

BABY FLOWERS new granddaughter - Placed order on Mon. Flowers to be delivered on Wed. Had my phone number - got email Wed - could not deliver what I purchased for where I wanted them to do - could not pick out what I wanted from selection even if I paid more. On phone 5 times - no help - some I could not understand. Florist Teleflora in area stated would not deliver for me because I didn't order through them. They delivered nationwide but not 5 miles away... perfect bait and switch - to me fraud. I am disabled - wanted to be where family was -- couldn't. Finally refunded money I hope to credit card --- I ORDERED THRU LOCAL FLORIST GREAT SERVICE - DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH 1-800 TELEFLORA OR ANYONE'S AND HIDDEN FEES.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I've filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau...here's a copy of the complaint. "On July 28, 2018, I ordered a floral arrangement from Teleflora. I was attempting to surprise my wife for our wedding anniversary on Aug 2, 2018. This year is especially important because she is 3000 miles away for school and we haven't seen each other in 4 months.

Upon reviewing their website, I decided on a bouquet which looked fantastic in their photos. This bouquet had 3 different options in terms of floral density. Given the occasion and circumstances I wanted to really WOW my wife so I chose the fullest (and most expensive) option of my desired bouquet. The website even went as far as offering measurements of what to expect in terms of width and height of the arrangement, so I felt comfortable upgrading the entry level option because I could somewhat quantify what she would be receiving. The entry level bouquet was under $40, the next tier was approx $50, and the one I ordered was $60.

At the time of the order, I had given the address of the clinic that my wife was completing her practicum as the delivery address. Speaking to her the night before our anniversary (so 4 days after placing the order), she informed me that she would not be going into her clinic the next day. I panicked, and after I finished our call, I immediately called Teleflora to see if we could alter the delivery address. The lady I spoke with was very understanding and she accommodated the request.

The next day, my wife received the flowers and sent me photos. This is where everything went downhill. The picture of the arrangement she sent me looked as though it was the entry-level option (barely). Upon my request, she measured the height and width as well, and it fell very short of the suggested dimensions online. They were lacking about 50% (or more) of the quantity of flowers depicted in their photos. Their website does say that should the pictured flowers not be available, they will substitute. Nowhere do they say that the picture is just a representation and what will be delivered could be half (or less) of the amount of flowers shown. Also, the card had the previous delivery address on it, so someone scratched it out and (with messy writing) hand wrote the new address on it. That would be fine if it were just an envelope containing the message, but rather this card had the message on it. Very unprofessional.

The entire notion of this big, beautiful bouquet with a lovely card had been ruined. I immediately contacted Teleflora via email, so this would have been within 8 hours of the initial delivery, still on August 2, 2018. They replied 4 hours later with 50% refund, so $30.32 return on a $60.64 purchase. This was not optional, or amongst other options, but had been executed by them without any input from me about what solution I might deem appropriate. About an hour later, I replied back suggesting a full refund would be more appropriate, not because I felt that it would, but rather because this is the line of resolution they decided for this case. I would have preferred a redo of the bouquet, and make it even larger than what I ordered as a goodwill gesture for the error. I also would have been fine with a credit in the amount I paid for a future purchase. Neither option was offered to me.

It took Teleflora nearly 2 days (Aug 4 @ 9:20 PST) to respond to my full refund request, and in their email they wrote “I apologize, but in order to issue a 100% full refund, we must pick up the order within 48 hours of the delivery date due to the perishable nature of the product. This allows the delivering florist the opportunity to pick the arrangement up for potential resale. The total refund amount of $30.32 has been issued back to your account. Please allow 2-10 business days for this to show on your account statement or by 8/16/2018.” WHAT??? Replacement of the incorrect bouquet was never offered to me within 48 hours of delivery - when I made the initial complaint. As I stated above, this option would have been fine with me at the time. Now that 48 hours has expired (due to their delayed response) they cannot honor. I have no choice but to accept a resolution forced upon me."

This complaint is not about the money. I have read all the complaints against Teleflora on BBB (almost 600 there) and other websites, and I feel it necessary to take a stand. If not for all of us consumers, they don’t exist, and it’s time they made us feel appreciated rather than us feeling like we've been ripped off. If nothing else, I hope this helps others avoid this experience. If your occasion is important, or even if it's not, BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I ordered flowers online today with Teleflora. I put in the address. They were going to verify what arrangements I could chose from. I selected what I wanted, paid. Was on my way. I received a text. They had to make a "few" changes. They would call me. They called. I could not understand a thing! Only that they were changing all the colors of the flowers to Red! I said, "Can I please speak to a manager?" "No thank you, you will have to call 800 number." So I did. They informed me that I chose the "Deal of the Day"? ARE YOU KIDDING ME! No I chose what I wanted! My MIL is very sick and they delivered the worst looking flowers I have ever seen in my life! They look like a mini version of funeral flowers! I'm still waiting on a call back. I want a full return! You should have seen the greenery they used! I'm sick about it!

Teleflora expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In business more than 78 years, Teleflora is an experienced flower delivery service. The company offers same-day delivery on many flowers, but also allows consumers to schedule their orders up to three months in advance.

• Intuitive website: A clean and easy-to-read website makes shopping online a pleasant experience.

• Shop by occasion: Find a flower arrangement for any occasion, from birthdays to weddings, using Teleflora's tools to search by occasion.

• Images: The Teleflora website shows images of what different sizes of the same bouquet will look like, and it shows estimated measurements too. This information can help consumers select the best size for their recipient.

• Unique arrangements: Teleflora's holiday and seasonal displays use non-traditional foliage like colorful maple leaves and sheaves of wheat to provide unique holiday looks.

• Leave it to the experts: If you are unsure about what to pick, you can always go with the Deal of the Day. Florists put together an arrangement just for you, at the price point you specify.

• Best for: significant others, friends and adult children.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs