1.09/5
Based on 291 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

594 Teleflora Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I ordered an arrangement called "Upsy Daisy"... It had yellow/white Daisies in a yellow vase with a yellow/white check bow to be delivered to someone for their birthday. When she sent me a picture of what was delivered I was mortified!!! As you can see from the photos the arrangement not only wasn't what I ordered but looked like a 6 year old put it together & the handwritten message on the card looked like scribble!!

When I called Teleflora I was told the florist they farmed it out to did not have the Daisies or vase that was pictured & chose to put together their version which was not even close to my order. They have offered a monetary return of 40% of the cost but I feel I should be reimbursed for the entire amount as it's Teleflora's responsibility to ensure the product ordered will be exactly (or close to) what was ordered & paid for. They would not give me the name of the florist when I requested it so I guess I have no way of avoiding using it in the future nor will I be using Teleflora ever again.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

BABY FLOWERS new granddaughter - Placed order on Mon. Flowers to be delivered on Wed. Had my phone number - got email Wed - could not deliver what I purchased for where I wanted them to do - could not pick out what I wanted from selection even if I paid more. On phone 5 times - no help - some I could not understand. Florist Teleflora in area stated would not deliver for me because I didn't order through them. They delivered nationwide but not 5 miles away... perfect bait and switch - to me fraud. I am disabled - wanted to be where family was -- couldn't. Finally refunded money I hope to credit card --- I ORDERED THRU LOCAL FLORIST GREAT SERVICE - DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH 1-800 TELEFLORA OR ANYONE'S AND HIDDEN FEES.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I've filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau...here's a copy of the complaint. "On July 28, 2018, I ordered a floral arrangement from Teleflora. I was attempting to surprise my wife for our wedding anniversary on Aug 2, 2018. This year is especially important because she is 3000 miles away for school and we haven't seen each other in 4 months.

Upon reviewing their website, I decided on a bouquet which looked fantastic in their photos. This bouquet had 3 different options in terms of floral density. Given the occasion and circumstances I wanted to really WOW my wife so I chose the fullest (and most expensive) option of my desired bouquet. The website even went as far as offering measurements of what to expect in terms of width and height of the arrangement, so I felt comfortable upgrading the entry level option because I could somewhat quantify what she would be receiving. The entry level bouquet was under $40, the next tier was approx $50, and the one I ordered was $60.

At the time of the order, I had given the address of the clinic that my wife was completing her practicum as the delivery address. Speaking to her the night before our anniversary (so 4 days after placing the order), she informed me that she would not be going into her clinic the next day. I panicked, and after I finished our call, I immediately called Teleflora to see if we could alter the delivery address. The lady I spoke with was very understanding and she accommodated the request.

The next day, my wife received the flowers and sent me photos. This is where everything went downhill. The picture of the arrangement she sent me looked as though it was the entry-level option (barely). Upon my request, she measured the height and width as well, and it fell very short of the suggested dimensions online. They were lacking about 50% (or more) of the quantity of flowers depicted in their photos. Their website does say that should the pictured flowers not be available, they will substitute. Nowhere do they say that the picture is just a representation and what will be delivered could be half (or less) of the amount of flowers shown. Also, the card had the previous delivery address on it, so someone scratched it out and (with messy writing) hand wrote the new address on it. That would be fine if it were just an envelope containing the message, but rather this card had the message on it. Very unprofessional.

The entire notion of this big, beautiful bouquet with a lovely card had been ruined. I immediately contacted Teleflora via email, so this would have been within 8 hours of the initial delivery, still on August 2, 2018. They replied 4 hours later with 50% refund, so $30.32 return on a $60.64 purchase. This was not optional, or amongst other options, but had been executed by them without any input from me about what solution I might deem appropriate. About an hour later, I replied back suggesting a full refund would be more appropriate, not because I felt that it would, but rather because this is the line of resolution they decided for this case. I would have preferred a redo of the bouquet, and make it even larger than what I ordered as a goodwill gesture for the error. I also would have been fine with a credit in the amount I paid for a future purchase. Neither option was offered to me.

It took Teleflora nearly 2 days (Aug 4 @ 9:20 PST) to respond to my full refund request, and in their email they wrote “I apologize, but in order to issue a 100% full refund, we must pick up the order within 48 hours of the delivery date due to the perishable nature of the product. This allows the delivering florist the opportunity to pick the arrangement up for potential resale. The total refund amount of $30.32 has been issued back to your account. Please allow 2-10 business days for this to show on your account statement or by 8/16/2018.” WHAT??? Replacement of the incorrect bouquet was never offered to me within 48 hours of delivery - when I made the initial complaint. As I stated above, this option would have been fine with me at the time. Now that 48 hours has expired (due to their delayed response) they cannot honor. I have no choice but to accept a resolution forced upon me."

This complaint is not about the money. I have read all the complaints against Teleflora on BBB (almost 600 there) and other websites, and I feel it necessary to take a stand. If not for all of us consumers, they don’t exist, and it’s time they made us feel appreciated rather than us feeling like we've been ripped off. If nothing else, I hope this helps others avoid this experience. If your occasion is important, or even if it's not, BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I ordered flowers online today with Teleflora. I put in the address. They were going to verify what arrangements I could chose from. I selected what I wanted, paid. Was on my way. I received a text. They had to make a "few" changes. They would call me. They called. I could not understand a thing! Only that they were changing all the colors of the flowers to Red! I said, "Can I please speak to a manager?" "No thank you, you will have to call 800 number." So I did. They informed me that I chose the "Deal of the Day"? ARE YOU KIDDING ME! No I chose what I wanted! My MIL is very sick and they delivered the worst looking flowers I have ever seen in my life! They look like a mini version of funeral flowers! I'm still waiting on a call back. I want a full return! You should have seen the greenery they used! I'm sick about it!

Original review: July 30, 2018

I ordered a funeral arrangement for a relatives funeral. It was ordered two days before the funeral. They called me twice to verify the order. It was delivered after the funeral. Then they call and want the next of kin to deliver them to. I was offered a 50% coupon off on my next order, which I will not use. There is no excuse for this to happen, especially for a funeral.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Teleflora ?

Original review: July 28, 2018

As so many other customers noted, this is the worst floral delivery service. They didn’t deliver flowers sent for my Mom’s 90th birthday! Their florist had “computer problems” which made it acceptable to charge me, not advise of the missed commitment until I contacted Teleflora the following day, and then offer me a 40% discount on a FUTURE order! WTF! As though I will EVER use them again... Save your money. Call florist in the recipient’s location directly. Teleflora takes their cut, the florist gets less, and customer service disappears. Teleflora needs to be closed down. They are thieves. They take your money for no service. That’s a sam at the very least!

Original review: July 27, 2018

We ordered a casket spray on Sunday for my Mother in law's funeral which was Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning (visitation/funeral). Tuesday morning at 830 we get an email that the particular flower wasn’t available - we called and said substitute it. We were told no problem. We called at Noon because still no delivery and the visitation was to start at 6 pm. We were told our order was never taken off of ‘hold’ from the morning- we were assured they would be at the church - 330 pm we’re getting ready to leave. We get an email that our order was CANCELED- WHAT?!?! We call and were told there was nothing they could do - but they offered us a free arrangement for a future date. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? The funeral is in 2 hours! Our funeral director was able to call a local florist who delivered a beautiful spray within 10 minutes and saved the day. You blew it Teleflora. Never again. ZERO STARS.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Is there any other time that you care as much to have your flower delivered properly as a funeral?? These guys did not deliver my flower and after the funeral, they call me and apologize and offer a discount on future orders. So unprofessional. Their business should be closed.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I wish I would have seen others' reviews before ordering. 1/2 of my order was delivered. Only recourse was to have the other half of order delivered (to a hospital room, disrupting my daughter again) or refund. No offer to make compensation for the mistake which resulted in 1/2 the impact/surprise I wanted to make. Descriptions on Teleflora website are lacking in specificity. Even calling beforehand could not get me a definitive answer. Poor customer service and not standing behind service.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I ordered flowers on my girlfriend on her birthday to surprise her. Was not delivered because they said it was because it was a fake account. They should’ve at least email me to verify and I will call back. They gave me a 20% discount but the next day I received an email that it was a 20% discount sitewide. The flowers were delivered the next day but not what I ordered. I received the standard (12 roses) and the the deluxe (18 roses)! Called the local florist and emailed Teleflora. Both no help. Everyone, do not deal with Teleflora. JC and Victor from Teleflora were no help.

Original review: July 12, 2018

My husband and I are traveling and without internet access, so we tried to use Teleflora. It was a nightmare. Tried to send flowers to wife and daughter of deceased. Resulted in nothing but problems. Received multiple texts, emails and phone calls trying to straighten out the mess. Got conflicting and/or vague information. Spent at least a whole morning stuck on the phone trying to let the right hand know what the left hand was doing. Wouldn't give me the name of the florist they were using because of "privacy issues." Really? What privacy issues does a vendor have who is providing me with a service and a product? Guess they don't want to worry about accountability?

Original review: July 9, 2018

We ordered a premium Divine Peace Bouquet (>$100) with a crystal cross for a funeral. The basic was delivered ($50) and it was wilted. I was mortified. I called them and they offered me a 30% off coupon and said they would need to go to the widower's house and take back the arrangement. NEVER NEVER AGAIN will I use them. I also sent a second bouquet for another family member specifying a sympathy card and they sent a LOVE card covered with hearts! Absolutely PATHETIC.

Original review: July 7, 2018

Ordered a beautiful peony arrangement on 6/27 for my mom’s 70th birthday to be delivered on 7/7. They waited until the day of delivery to let me know these flowers were not available. I canceled my order and will hopefully receive a full refund like stated but when questioning why they waited so long to let me know as I could have made other arrangements the customer service rep said he was sorry and is there anything else he can do for me. No explanation? Awful! I recommend no one use this business. Any other floral company I’ve used has also not charged you until the shipment is made but this company charges you right away. Be aware and use someone else to deliver your gifts.

Original review: July 7, 2018

My friend got flowers. But I think to leave flowers at the neighbor's house it was not good idea. My friend was at home whole day, and didn't hear any doorbell or phone ring. And one thing, the flowers she got is not the same as at the picture when I ordered it. I will never order in this company.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Well I just got scammed. I wish I saw this website first. I am definitely not alone. Ordered a plant arrangement for my mother on her birthday. What she received was absolutely nothing like what I ordered. The plant arrangement was suppose to have 4 plants which included 3 flowering plants (begonias, African violets, and kalanchoe). She got a Palm and some canes. Ugly basket and had yellow daisies just stuck in the arrangement for decoration. Not even a potted daisy plant. Never order from Teleflora!!!

Original review: June 30, 2018

I ordered flowers for delivery on Friday and the order was accepted. I received a call on Friday that the order could not be met but was assured that it could be delivered on Monday. I approved of the delay. I received an email Saturday morning the order had been cancelled and "Sorry for the Inconvenience". This is unacceptable so I called and was told that they could not meet delivery on Monday. I will NEVER use them again...

Original review: June 18, 2018

I tried to order on their website. I filled out all of the information all of my credit card info and clicked place order. It would not go from review to confirmation. Checked all my info many times so I clicked 'need help'. The person I chatted ask for all my info again. Still nothing. It was a big waste of time. Will never try to order from them again.

Original review: June 16, 2018

They delivered my dad what looked like a toy car full of a can of green beans. So, embarrassing. Never ordering from them again. Customer service were nice, but I didn't pay 55.95 for nice customer service. I paid for a quality product and did not receive it. I sent this to my dad for Father's Day, it was delivered to his job. Totally embarrassed us both. Never again.

Original review: June 15, 2018

This was the most disgusting and most unprofessional experience I have ever had, especially since this was for the funeral of my 89 year old mother. I ordered all my flowers a week before my mother's funeral service, I was guaranteed by the Teleflora representative who took my order that the Flowers would be delivered prior to 5 p.m. on the day of my mom service. The day of the service (6 hours before) I get an email saying that my flowers were not available and could not be delivered and to pick another date for delivery. Pick another date to deliver flowers to my mother's funeral?

I immediately called customer service and spoke with two customer service reps, the first one just disregarded me like trash, the second one (after I asked to speak to a manager) basically just trying to humor me by keeping me on the phone for over an hour by saying that she personally called a florist to correct the situation and that my flowers would be delivered, no more than 30 minutes later I get another email saying that my order would not be delivered to pick a different day (second email the day of my mother's funeral telling me that my flowers would not be delivered spending $400, and placing my order one week in advance, Teleflora failed to do their job).

I called customer service. They tell me they will reimburse my money and send me a freaking 50% discount on my next order, so on the day of my mother's funeral I have to try to call around to get another florist to fill this order and no one had the time to do it and the few that did was going to charge me Triple the amount to get flowers done in a few hours? No florist would take a funeral order on this short notice, this is why I placed it with Teleflora a week in advance, Teleflora failed their customer. They had a week to place this order to ensure it would be a delivered... my mother did not have flowers at her funeral because of Teleflora.

Teleflora ruined my mother's funeral. My mother who love red roses did not have the two stand up wreath sprays that I had ordered for her, and every customer service rep offered to send those arrangements to a different address days later, what kind of business are you running at Teleflora? I would never ever order anything from you again. You can take that 50% discount and shove... You should not be in business or you should not offer flowers for sensitive occasions.

Original review: June 15, 2018

This happened to me twice but different company! Whats wrong with this people?? I placed an order for my mom's birthday 2 days BEFORE her birthday... When I called them to confirm how come it's not delivered yet, and they said they cannot be able to deliver the flowers on a day that I want to deliver it. I can understand IF I order the flower late, but I ordered it 2 days BEFORE. Please this company needs to be ban also...so they cant ruin every occasions anymore! If those company can't do their job right, what the use of continuing their freaking business!! Don't let those 2 company TELEFLORA and JUSTFLOWERS to have more victims! They are useless and lazy!!!

Original review: June 14, 2018

Ordered a Fly Wagon Red, inscribed "It's a Girl". Floral arrangement (see attached) roses and a beautiful variety of greens. Friend received a Volkswagen Bug with substandard arrangement of daisies (cheap), a few baby's breath, greens, NO ROSES, NO COLOR as pictured in the ad. That is just wrong! They have our phone number, should have called before deciding to CHOOSE for us. Agree with other reviews, should have listened! I did report this to Teleflora who credited me $19. for a $55 arrangement. Yikes.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I wish I would have read some of these reviews - Teleflora did not send the bouquet I selected. It looked like they just threw whatever flowers the florist had left all into one bouquet. They are not in any way willing to rectify the situation.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I chose a floral arrangement online and ordered it 7 days prior to the date of delivery. The arrangement was pictured online and was simple, modern, and purple. It was a bunch of bamboo stalks with a purple orchid. On the day of delivery, I received a text message stating there was a problem with my order. I was out of the country and was unable to connect with the company. Therefore, an arrangement was chosen by the florist at the direction of Teleflora. Apparently, Teleflora was unable to locate a florist who could provide the arrangement I had chosen.

The arrangement that was sent in no way resembled the one I had chosen. It was several bunches of pink, yellow, and white flowers in a clear glass vase. I am very disappointed in the result as it was important that the arrangement should have purple flowers. Teleflora explained that they did not contact a florist about the delivery until the day before it was to be delivered, and they stated that the florist had no way of knowing how it was supposed to look. If that is true, how can any florist fulfill an order accurately. I looked it up online, why can't they.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Worst experience ever. Flowers were dead, Did not even resemble the arrangement that was bought and paid for. The delivery person never knocked on the door. They charged me twice even when they said I would receive full credit. Run away!!!

Original review: June 2, 2018

WOW. Worst ever experience and service for a florist ever. I ordered a sympathy Deluxe floral bouquet "Teleflora's Hearts In Heaven Bouquet" (T278-4B) with a porcelain heart with poem (with a loving message of sympathy for a Funeral. Message on sculpt reads: "Because someone we love is in heaven, there is a little bit of heaven in our hearts.") on it and the main reason I bought this one. What I got a bouquet that was 1/3 the size and fullness shown in the photo on the website (see photo comparison). Also the photo on website is the photo of standard bouquet. I ordered the Deluxe one. Also there was no porcelain Heart which was again the reason I paid $80 for it. I got a small angel instead. I also ordered this during a chat session and they confirmed several times they had and it would be great. They did not even call first to tell me that order changed. Just delivered it hoping I would not notice or find out.

After I complained asking they deliver what I ordered they refunded me some of the cost, which I did not ask for. I wanted what I ordered and the heart I ordered so they can keep it as a keepsake. After emailing and calling them all they did was say, "Sorry," and, "Nothing we can do." I think this is a CON to make you pay $80 and deliver a bouquet that is $20 to $30 so they can pocket the difference. NEVER going to use them again for my floral needs!!! Would be less angry if it was not for the reason I bought the flowers for my wife after her mom passed away!

Original review: June 2, 2018

I ordered flowers to be delivered same day to a friend. When she sent me the picture of what she received I was in shock! It looked like the flower shop got all the scraps they had and placed it in the cheapest vase. It looked absolutely nothing like what I had ordered. I called to complain and they said in order for me to get the full refund they would have to pick up the flowers from my friend. Like are you kidding me!! As it is it’s an embarrassment to have her receive something so ugly from me and to have to tell her that they are picking them up is absolutely ridiculous. I would never recommend this company nor will ever buy from them again.

Original review: June 1, 2018

We simply wanted to send flowers, balloons and chocolates to our daughter overseas in Germany. I spoke with a gentleman on 5/16/18 from the LA Teleflora Co. We made selections and he gave me a total of $142.97. I said we cannot spend that much and I would need to talk with my husband. He offered to call me back in an hour. He did and I told him that the most we could spend is $80.00. He took off the balloons and chocolates and said the total is $80. Our account was charged $142.97. I called back to let them know that they had overcharged us and was told that they could only give us 10% back. WHAT?

I spoke with two different men a few times (on hold for about 45 min.) and still only 10% and all they could do was file a complaint with the international dept. and someone would call me within 24 hours. NO ONE CALLED and another $45.00 was charged to our account. I call again and talk to a nice girl who tries hard to help us. In the meantime... flowers are never received! Nice girl was able to get us $55.00 credited and file another complaint with hopes of a full refund. A week later, still nothing. I call again to find out that the international dept. has resolved the complaint... HAHAHA.

A different, very nice girl, tries to help and contacts a few different supervisors who inform her that German florist confirmed delivery, however, there is no signature for proof of delivery AND I was informed that and email was sent to me asking for the "deceased's" name before delivery could take place (That was 4 days after they say the flowers were delivered). I never got that email, the nice girl told me about it and read it to me. At this point... another complaint has been filed and I have asked for management to call me. They charged us a total of $187.97 and have credited us $55.00... ALL FOR NOTHING!!!

Original review: May 31, 2018

Like many reviews up here, Mother's Day delivery seemed non-existent. I ordered a Mother’s Day bouquet as a surprise for my mom. Payment went through but they never delivered. They never told me they couldn't deliver. From the other reviews, I guess I should feel lucky that I actually received a refund. The only reason I found out they didn't deliver was I saw the refund on my credit card bill two weeks later. I promptly called my mom and asked her if she had gotten the flowers. She had not. I rechecked my email and Teleflora had not tried to contact me. I contacted Teleflora, they simply said they had sent an email. I rechecked my email and spam folders. I never received any notification from them that they weren't going to deliver. I received emails with confirmation of the order and many others emails from them since with "specials". Hmm, the only email I didn't receive was the one about non delivery. Seems bogus.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I don’t like how they change your flowers if they are unavailable and you don’t answer your email in time. I have ordered roses before and definitely did not get roses sent.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Freshness of the flowers is number one. The selection available and speed of delivery are two and three. In the selection area that also includes price, what is available for what price range. Last is how long the flowers or arrangement actually lasts. I try to follow up in some what so I know if I'm going to use the same service for the same area.

Teleflora expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In business more than 78 years, Teleflora is an experienced flower delivery service. The company offers same-day delivery on many flowers, but also allows consumers to schedule their orders up to three months in advance.

• Intuitive website: A clean and easy-to-read website makes shopping online a pleasant experience.

• Shop by occasion: Find a flower arrangement for any occasion, from birthdays to weddings, using Teleflora's tools to search by occasion.

• Images: The Teleflora website shows images of what different sizes of the same bouquet will look like, and it shows estimated measurements too. This information can help consumers select the best size for their recipient.

• Unique arrangements: Teleflora's holiday and seasonal displays use non-traditional foliage like colorful maple leaves and sheaves of wheat to provide unique holiday looks.

• Leave it to the experts: If you are unsure about what to pick, you can always go with the Deal of the Day. Florists put together an arrangement just for you, at the price point you specify.

• Best for: significant others, friends and adult children.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Teleflora Company Information

1934
www.teleflora.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business