1.09/5
Based on 282 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

578 Teleflora Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

I tried to order on their website. I filled out all of the information all of my credit card info and clicked place order. It would not go from review to confirmation. Checked all my info many times so I clicked 'need help'. The person I chatted ask for all my info again. Still nothing. It was a big waste of time. Will never try to order from them again.

Original review: June 16, 2018

They delivered my dad what looked like a toy car full of a can of green beans. So, embarrassing. Never ordering from them again. Customer service were nice, but I didn't pay 55.95 for nice customer service. I paid for a quality product and did not receive it. I sent this to my dad for Father's Day, it was delivered to his job. Totally embarrassed us both. Never again.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

This was the most disgusting and most unprofessional experience I have ever had, especially since this was for the funeral of my 89 year old mother. I ordered all my flowers a week before my mother's funeral service, I was guaranteed by the Teleflora representative who took my order that the Flowers would be delivered prior to 5 p.m. on the day of my mom service. The day of the service (6 hours before) I get an email saying that my flowers were not available and could not be delivered and to pick another date for delivery. Pick another date to deliver flowers to my mother's funeral?

I immediately called customer service and spoke with two customer service reps, the first one just disregarded me like trash, the second one (after I asked to speak to a manager) basically just trying to humor me by keeping me on the phone for over an hour by saying that she personally called a florist to correct the situation and that my flowers would be delivered, no more than 30 minutes later I get another email saying that my order would not be delivered to pick a different day (second email the day of my mother's funeral telling me that my flowers would not be delivered spending $400, and placing my order one week in advance, Teleflora failed to do their job).

I called customer service. They tell me they will reimburse my money and send me a freaking 50% discount on my next order, so on the day of my mother's funeral I have to try to call around to get another florist to fill this order and no one had the time to do it and the few that did was going to charge me Triple the amount to get flowers done in a few hours? No florist would take a funeral order on this short notice, this is why I placed it with Teleflora a week in advance, Teleflora failed their customer. They had a week to place this order to ensure it would be a delivered... my mother did not have flowers at her funeral because of Teleflora.

Teleflora ruined my mother's funeral. My mother who love red roses did not have the two stand up wreath sprays that I had ordered for her, and every customer service rep offered to send those arrangements to a different address days later, what kind of business are you running at Teleflora? I would never ever order anything from you again. You can take that 50% discount and shove... You should not be in business or you should not offer flowers for sensitive occasions.

Original review: June 15, 2018

This happened to me twice but different company! Whats wrong with this people?? I placed an order for my mom's birthday 2 days BEFORE her birthday... When I called them to confirm how come it's not delivered yet, and they said they cannot be able to deliver the flowers on a day that I want to deliver it. I can understand IF I order the flower late, but I ordered it 2 days BEFORE. Please this company needs to be ban also...so they cant ruin every occasions anymore! If those company can't do their job right, what the use of continuing their freaking business!! Don't let those 2 company TELEFLORA and JUSTFLOWERS to have more victims! They are useless and lazy!!!

Original review: June 14, 2018

Ordered a Fly Wagon Red, inscribed "It's a Girl". Floral arrangement (see attached) roses and a beautiful variety of greens. Friend received a Volkswagen Bug with substandard arrangement of daisies (cheap), a few baby's breath, greens, NO ROSES, NO COLOR as pictured in the ad. That is just wrong! They have our phone number, should have called before deciding to CHOOSE for us. Agree with other reviews, should have listened! I did report this to Teleflora who credited me $19. for a $55 arrangement. Yikes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Teleflora ?

Original review: June 12, 2018

I wish I would have read some of these reviews - Teleflora did not send the bouquet I selected. It looked like they just threw whatever flowers the florist had left all into one bouquet. They are not in any way willing to rectify the situation.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I chose a floral arrangement online and ordered it 7 days prior to the date of delivery. The arrangement was pictured online and was simple, modern, and purple. It was a bunch of bamboo stalks with a purple orchid. On the day of delivery, I received a text message stating there was a problem with my order. I was out of the country and was unable to connect with the company. Therefore, an arrangement was chosen by the florist at the direction of Teleflora. Apparently, Teleflora was unable to locate a florist who could provide the arrangement I had chosen.

The arrangement that was sent in no way resembled the one I had chosen. It was several bunches of pink, yellow, and white flowers in a clear glass vase. I am very disappointed in the result as it was important that the arrangement should have purple flowers. Teleflora explained that they did not contact a florist about the delivery until the day before it was to be delivered, and they stated that the florist had no way of knowing how it was supposed to look. If that is true, how can any florist fulfill an order accurately. I looked it up online, why can't they.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Worst experience ever. Flowers were dead, Did not even resemble the arrangement that was bought and paid for. The delivery person never knocked on the door. They charged me twice even when they said I would receive full credit. Run away!!!

Original review: June 2, 2018

WOW. Worst ever experience and service for a florist ever. I ordered a sympathy Deluxe floral bouquet "Teleflora's Hearts In Heaven Bouquet" (T278-4B) with a porcelain heart with poem (with a loving message of sympathy for a Funeral. Message on sculpt reads: "Because someone we love is in heaven, there is a little bit of heaven in our hearts.") on it and the main reason I bought this one. What I got a bouquet that was 1/3 the size and fullness shown in the photo on the website (see photo comparison). Also the photo on website is the photo of standard bouquet. I ordered the Deluxe one. Also there was no porcelain Heart which was again the reason I paid $80 for it. I got a small angel instead. I also ordered this during a chat session and they confirmed several times they had and it would be great. They did not even call first to tell me that order changed. Just delivered it hoping I would not notice or find out.

After I complained asking they deliver what I ordered they refunded me some of the cost, which I did not ask for. I wanted what I ordered and the heart I ordered so they can keep it as a keepsake. After emailing and calling them all they did was say, "Sorry," and, "Nothing we can do." I think this is a CON to make you pay $80 and deliver a bouquet that is $20 to $30 so they can pocket the difference. NEVER going to use them again for my floral needs!!! Would be less angry if it was not for the reason I bought the flowers for my wife after her mom passed away!

Original review: June 2, 2018

I ordered flowers to be delivered same day to a friend. When she sent me the picture of what she received I was in shock! It looked like the flower shop got all the scraps they had and placed it in the cheapest vase. It looked absolutely nothing like what I had ordered. I called to complain and they said in order for me to get the full refund they would have to pick up the flowers from my friend. Like are you kidding me!! As it is it’s an embarrassment to have her receive something so ugly from me and to have to tell her that they are picking them up is absolutely ridiculous. I would never recommend this company nor will ever buy from them again.

Original review: June 1, 2018

We simply wanted to send flowers, balloons and chocolates to our daughter overseas in Germany. I spoke with a gentleman on 5/16/18 from the LA Teleflora Co. We made selections and he gave me a total of $142.97. I said we cannot spend that much and I would need to talk with my husband. He offered to call me back in an hour. He did and I told him that the most we could spend is $80.00. He took off the balloons and chocolates and said the total is $80. Our account was charged $142.97. I called back to let them know that they had overcharged us and was told that they could only give us 10% back. WHAT?

I spoke with two different men a few times (on hold for about 45 min.) and still only 10% and all they could do was file a complaint with the international dept. and someone would call me within 24 hours. NO ONE CALLED and another $45.00 was charged to our account. I call again and talk to a nice girl who tries hard to help us. In the meantime... flowers are never received! Nice girl was able to get us $55.00 credited and file another complaint with hopes of a full refund. A week later, still nothing. I call again to find out that the international dept. has resolved the complaint... HAHAHA.

A different, very nice girl, tries to help and contacts a few different supervisors who inform her that German florist confirmed delivery, however, there is no signature for proof of delivery AND I was informed that and email was sent to me asking for the "deceased's" name before delivery could take place (That was 4 days after they say the flowers were delivered). I never got that email, the nice girl told me about it and read it to me. At this point... another complaint has been filed and I have asked for management to call me. They charged us a total of $187.97 and have credited us $55.00... ALL FOR NOTHING!!!

Original review: May 31, 2018

Like many reviews up here, Mother's Day delivery seemed non-existent. I ordered a Mother’s Day bouquet as a surprise for my mom. Payment went through but they never delivered. They never told me they couldn't deliver. From the other reviews, I guess I should feel lucky that I actually received a refund. The only reason I found out they didn't deliver was I saw the refund on my credit card bill two weeks later. I promptly called my mom and asked her if she had gotten the flowers. She had not. I rechecked my email and Teleflora had not tried to contact me. I contacted Teleflora, they simply said they had sent an email. I rechecked my email and spam folders. I never received any notification from them that they weren't going to deliver. I received emails with confirmation of the order and many others emails from them since with "specials". Hmm, the only email I didn't receive was the one about non delivery. Seems bogus.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I don’t like how they change your flowers if they are unavailable and you don’t answer your email in time. I have ordered roses before and definitely did not get roses sent.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Freshness of the flowers is number one. The selection available and speed of delivery are two and three. In the selection area that also includes price, what is available for what price range. Last is how long the flowers or arrangement actually lasts. I try to follow up in some what so I know if I'm going to use the same service for the same area.

Resolution response: May 27, 2018

I ordered flowers from Teleflora, was charged for them, but my mother did not receive them for Mother's Day, nor did the company mention that to me, even two weeks after Mother's Day. Angry and frustrated when I discovered that they had neither delivered the flowers nor informed me, but did take my money, I contacted the company and PayPal. The next day I was refunded in full, two weeks after they failed to deliver. My experience is that if you don't get your flowers, then you must call and tell them.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I ordered flowers from Teleflora for my mother. They charged my account. I called and asked how she liked them well over a week after Mother's Day. She replied, "I didn't get any flowers". Like others reviewing Teleflora, I ordered flowers that were NEVER delivered. Nor did the company inform me of this! They did however charge my PayPal account $71.95. Let me repeat the facts: The company took my money. Next it failed to deliver any flowers. And then the "company" (is it a company or just a collection of online con-artists?), said nothing. And from Teleflora? No refund, nothing! Not even a courtesy, "Oh by the way, we're sorry that you insulted your mother." Is this even a legitimate business? The only reason I give one star is I don't think I can give no stars. My advice would be: DO NOT USE THIS "COMPANY". It may not actually be a company, but instead an internet scam.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Flowers ordered online for Mother’s Day (their premium “Dress to Impress” bouquet). They could not deliver on Mother's Day/ May 13 but promised early Monday. The total including $22 service fee =$91.00!!! By 5:00 pm Monday NO flowers were delivered so I emailed request to CANCEL order! Requested full refund! Offered 40% off next order! I wanted full refund. They said they needed to investigate, 5/25 and no word!!! This arrangement could be bought for less than $40 at grocery floral dept. (Daylilies, button mums & carnations in glass vase) Not exceptional in any way!!! Still awaiting refund. Called customer service today!

Original review: May 25, 2018

I ordered a nice basket of flowers for my mother for Mother's Day and they were never delivered to my Mother. Customer Service was no help at all. Just insisted they were delivered. My mother was home at the time they said the delivery occurred. Total waste of money.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I ordered a beautiful (according to the photo online) Exotic Grace floral arrangement featuring bird of paradise, asiatic lilies, alstroemerias, red hypericum accented with ti, hosts and galax leaves in a beautiful zen arrangement in a exotic keepsake bamboo container. Not only did they accept my order for delivery on Mother’s Day, without warning they emailed me Mother’s Day morning to say they could not deliver it until Monday May 14. It also mentioned online that there might be substitutions equal to the pictured arrangement if they did not have all the flowers.

The flowers still had not arrived by 4 pm on the day AFTER Mother’s Day and I had not heard anything from the company. They were finally delivered at the end of the day and what was delivered? A cheap, cut flower, grocery store level bouquet of cut flowers in a chintzy glass vase. And all of this, and a day late, and no communication for $83.94. When I tried to call Teleflora, on both Sunday and Monday and Tuesday, I kept getting caught in an interminable circle of on hold for the next available customer service rep and never ever got through even though I tried to call 6 or 7 times. Nor did they answer my email complaint. I have submitted a dispute with my credit card company and they are investigating and working on my refund.

Original review: May 21, 2018

When first order was received it was the wrong arrangement. Since we were so close to Mother's Day, just reordered the one we had asked for. It was never delivered. Have received the runaround for two weeks now. Oh, we did receive the obligatory 40% discount card for our "next" order, but nothing else. I emailed them a week ago and asked for a refund back to our credit card because they were not delivered. They said that florist said they had delivered but they would investigate further. Never happened. Still no response from Teleflora. Called my credit card company and disputed the charge. They pulled the charge off our account.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Shame on Teleflora. They have FALSE ADVERTISING. I ordered the "How sweet it is" bouquet of Premium flowers for $55. The picture shows at least 29 flowers, and that is only a 2D picture, so with the other side, probably well over 50 flowers pictured. This was just a small gift for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. Little did I realize how small it would really turn out to be... They delivered a vase that probably only had 8 flowers in it and a bunch of green filler. The delivery charge alone was $18. I could have bought more flowers then they delivered from Walmart, for just the delivery charge alone! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF. When you complain, they only send you a 40% off coupon for another delivery!!! Really??? Like I want to be ripped off for a 2nd time? Way to ruin a nice anniversary present Teleflora.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I had ordered some flowers. One for my mother another for mother in law, the flowers I had delivered to my mom were delivered to our next door neighbor's house. Thankfully they brought them to our house, the flowers I had sent to my mother in law's they messed up. On the note it was just a horrible experience for so much money. I don’t recommend this company. Plus the flowers received looked nothing like the pictures online. Very disappointed. Just a waste of money.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I bought flowers for my wife for Mother's Day. They arrived when I was out or I would have rejected them offhand. Just horrible! The blooms were wilted, they looked burnt or possibly frozen. The stems had brown streaks. I emailed the company for a refund and they have purposefully ducked any response. The bad part is they were recommended by a trusted website. F rating to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I would not recommend this company to anyone. Ordered flowers for Mother's Day, but since they could not be delivered on Sunday, May 17 2018, I settled to have them delivered the following day. I spoke with my mom on Sunday to tell her to expect the delivery. That Monday morning I got an email from Teleflora that they would not be able to make that delivery date. So arrangements were completed to have the flowers delivered on Tuesday and again called mom to update her. Thursday the 17th, I got a text from mom that the flowers still did not arrive and that she had stayed home for 3 days waiting on them.

I found in my email that they understood that I was not happy with my order, so they were giving me a 25% discount on my next order through them. Really! I have to send more money to them to receive some compensation for them not doing their job? Reward them with my future business? I contacted Teleflora Operations Center to discover that they canceled my order since none of the local shops to the Las Vegas area were still offering the Mother's Day special. So when were they planning on telling me this? I also questioned if they were going to refund my money? Yes they would, but it will take 5 to 10 business days to process. Again, really?

I have studied business accounting and know that this is a clever trick to sit on funds in a savings account to draw interest. You do this to enough people, you are talking about a sizeable amount of money. At one time all large companies were recommended to file extensions on their quarterly taxes, putting those funds in an interest bearing account and pay their quarterlies at the last minute to make money work for them by drawing interest. The only way I would recommend this company is if you look forward to building your mom's hopes and hearing the disappointment in her voice that Teleflora is not delivering.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I ordered the "How sweet it is" bouquet to be delivered same day. Not only did I love the colors but the flowers were beautiful, especially, the roses. My friend received carnations and daisies instead. They were hideous, they looked like something I could've put together with flowers from the grocery store. I showed my 8 year old and even she asked, "Was the florist color blind?" I spent $45 on something that looked like it should have costed $5.00. Buyer beware! Never order from this company. They're scam artists. Customer service agreed to refund me half of what I paid but I'm disputing the charges on my credit card since, this is consumer fraud!

Original review: May 17, 2018

I ordered a beautiful bouquet in a basket for Mother's Day to be delivered at her house. She send me picture and it looked nothing like it!!! No flowers whatsoever except basket of grass! It took them 4 days to respond to me and I told them I want my money back or send her a new basket because the one they send was an embarrassment! Instead they tried sending me a coupon for my next order. Like are you kidding me? I'm never buying anything from them ever again!!

Original review: May 17, 2018

I ordered flowers for my mother for Mother’s Day, and cannot even express my frustration with Teleflora. First, I instructed the flowers to be delivered the Saturday before. They did not arrive on that day. At 1am that evening, I received an email confirmation that they had been delivered. My mom checked the next morning, nothing. I made arrangements for a different bouquet to arrive, and of course then the Teleflora flowers show up a day late and 12 hours after the delivery confirmation. On top of this, the arrangement was not even close to what I chose! I understand small substitutions and color variations. I do not understand ordering a jewel-toned bouquet only to get a bunch of pastel purple flowers. It was far from what I expected.

Emailing customer service has been its own nightmare. It typically takes 24 hours to get a response, and even then, none of my complaints were addressed. I was offered a discount (which I said I had no desire to use), then another discount, then a 40% refund. I explained in each email I wanted a full refund, which was ignored until finally one rep said their policy is to only refund a max 50% (which they didn’t even offer) on delivered orders. This policy is nowhere on their site. I’m still awaiting a response from them. DO NOT USE TELEFLORA! Order locally or find a service that creates and delivers their own arrangements. Teleflora may create pretty arrangements for their website, but they don’t create them for you, and they underpay local florists who are creating subpar arrangements, because they don’t receive the full amount you’re paying.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I ordered flowers to be sent for the day after Mother's Day. I picked the date (the day after Mother's Day as my MIL wouldn't be home that weekend). I never heard anything. Kept checking my emails. I called today for status and they say "Oh it was canceled because she would've rec'd after Mother's Day". I PICKED THE DATE. Furthermore, you do not notify anyone? I am disgusted... The customer service rep said "It's not our fault, we just outsource". IT IS YOUR COMPANY. I PLACED ORDER THROUGH YOU! I will never order from them and will make sure family / friends are aware of this.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I bought flowers to be delivered to my daughter on her birthday and was assured they would be delivered last week Friday... today is Wednesday and they still have not been delivered. I should have read the reviews and saved myself a headache have not been.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Teleflora has been one of the worst experiences I have ever had. I ordered a bouquet for delivery on May 12th for my almost 80 year old mother in Florida. When it wasn't delivered by 8:00 p.m. I called customer service. It took over 30 minutes for my call to be answers. The customer service agent stated that the flowers would still be delivered. I asked her to confirm as it was already after 8:00 p.m. She said that it was confirmed. My 80 year old mother WAITED until late at night! I thought maybe they would be delivered on Sunday Mother's Day. Never happened.

To add insult to injury I get an email that says the flowers were hand delivered on the 12th - seriously? I called again on Monday - was given a 20% discount and promised the flowers would be delivered yesterday (Tuesday 5/15). Guess what - never delivered. I did get a note of refund - that is not the point - My mother did not receive flowers on Mother's day. This was heartbreaking for her and me. Order number **. Worst company ever.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I agree with one of the other reviews. If you have to order flowers... Please order from another company. I am shocked at how many bad reviews they have... if only I had checked this sooner. I ordered Mother's Day flowers and asked them to be delivered on Saturday before Mother's Day to my client. The flowers were not delivered. I had to contact my client to ask if she had received them, and then contact her again after that to be sure they had not been delivered. I called Teleflora to find out what happened, and after spending 40 minutes on hold, they placed me on hold again to call the florist. I asked who the florist was and she said that she couldn't disclose that information.

After returning to the phone call, she said the florist said they got too busy and didn't deliver them, but they could deliver them on Wednesday. I said, what's the point. It's not Mother's Day anymore! The Teleflora rep then said to me that it wasn't their fault. I said, "It absolutely is. You represent them and you won't give me their information, so it is your fault." I didn't even get a call or an email to let me know they weren't going to deliver them. I would have bought some and hand delivered them had Teleflora been courteous enough to let me know. Incredibly disappointing as this was my first (and last) experience with them.

Teleflora expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In business more than 78 years, Teleflora is an experienced flower delivery service. The company offers same-day delivery on many flowers, but also allows consumers to schedule their orders up to three months in advance.

• Intuitive website: A clean and easy-to-read website makes shopping online a pleasant experience.

• Shop by occasion: Find a flower arrangement for any occasion, from birthdays to weddings, using Teleflora's tools to search by occasion.

• Images: The Teleflora website shows images of what different sizes of the same bouquet will look like, and it shows estimated measurements too. This information can help consumers select the best size for their recipient.

• Unique arrangements: Teleflora's holiday and seasonal displays use non-traditional foliage like colorful maple leaves and sheaves of wheat to provide unique holiday looks.

• Leave it to the experts: If you are unsure about what to pick, you can always go with the Deal of the Day. Florists put together an arrangement just for you, at the price point you specify.

• Best for: significant others, friends and adult children.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs