1.08/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

668 Teleflora Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Ordered flowers for my brother's funeral three days ahead of time. Was assured they would be delivered one hour before the service (scheduled for 10:30 am). Received email two plus hours after the service that my order had been cancelled due to the unavailability of my specified florist. Trouble is, I didn't specify a florist. That's their job. If I knew which local florist to use I wouldn't need Teleflora. If the event is important enough for you to send flowers, I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU USE ANOTHER COMPANY!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I ordered flowers midday on Saturday for Sunday delivery. Got an email on Sunday at 3:30 saying flowers were hand delivered. When I didn't hear from recipient by 6:30 Sunday I checked -- no flowers. Submitted email customer service query. Didn't hear back, so I called customer service. They said I had to wait until delivery window closed at 8pm. Waited until 8pm. No flowers. Called back. They assured me flowers would be delivered next day. Promised, absolutely nothing to worry about, flowers would be delivered on Monday. Waited until 8pm Monday. No flowers. Called customer service. They gave me 20% discount and assured me, repeatedly, that my flowers would absolutely positively be there on Tuesday. Waited until 8pm Tuesday. No flowers. No updates, no warning, just... no delivery.

I was too tired to deal with them Tuesday night so I called them this morning (Wednesday) and not only would they not reduce the cost of a delivery that they now said would be there on Thursday, they wouldn't even upgrade the flowers (which are now four days late). Called them back, cancelled the order. BEWARE. DO NOT ORDER FROM TELEFLORA. The absolute worst experience I have ever, ever, ever had with a florist or any other business for that matter. How is it possible they are still in business?

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Will never place an order with them. Placed same day delivery order at 8 am. Got a call at 12:30 saying the flowers couldn’t be delivered. Couldn’t do a substitute or anything. Don’t order from Teleflora.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Worst customer service ever. Not honest about delivery. Placed order a week ago to be delivered same day. Received calls asking to change flowers and delivery times. Agreed than receive email today stating they canceled the order as they could not deliver. Why was I not told this when first placing order or when I spoke with folks previous. Can no longer send the flowers to the person as they have passed. If I had known unable to deliver I would have gone with another company and the person would have enjoyed on their last few days.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I ordered flowers for my grandmother's funeral because a massive winter storm was hitting and I have an 8 hour drive to get there so my family had asked that I not risk it. I wanted flowers there from me so that I was present in some way. I received a call the morning that they were to be delivered stating that they did not have the arrangement that I had selected and that they wanted to send something comparable. I agreed and confirmed that they would still be delivered by 1pm that day. I was told that they would be delivered by that time (I had paid extra for them to be delivered by 1pm). A little after 11am, I got a text that my order could not be delivered that day and to call customer service.

After waiting on hold for 15 minutes, someone got on the line and asked if they could deliver them tomorrow. I explained that it was for a funeral and the funeral was today, so no, they could not deliver them tomorrow. I asked for a refund and that took forever for her to do. She wanted to have them delivered to the house the next day and I explained the house is up in a hollow in Eastern Kentucky and I doubted anyone would actually deliver up there. I am furious. This was my first time using Teleflora and I only selected them because none of the other sites had an arrangement that I thought my grandma would like as much as the one I found on their site. I will never use this company again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Teleflora ?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I am absolutely completely disgusted with your organization! I tried to send flowers to someone who is healing following surgery. First, in attempt to place the order you got the recipient's name wrong. When I called to correct it, I spoke to someone who could barely understand English (or speak it). After 3 phone calls, they finally got the name spelled correctly. Each time I asked to speak to someone in your U.S. based operations and they didn’t understand what that involved.

Second, I got an email indicating you couldn’t deliver that day. I had to call back again twice and speak to two different people to finally get a determination that your vendor couldn’t deliver until the next day. So that was fine. The next day, I get an email telling me that you cannot deliver the item altogether. I called back 3 times and asked to speak to someone in the U.S. where you claim you are based. The call center in India tells me that they’re unable to transfer the call back to the U.S. I finally get a phone number for your U.S. based operations and I’m told you have no U.S. based customer service. After several attempts, I finally get a switchboard operation who is able to pull up my order and cancel it.

This is an embarrassment to your company! I WILL NEVER rely upon Teleflora to send anything to anyone. You’ve proven to be expensive, disorganized and unreliable. It should not take 48 hours to determine that you’re unable to deliver a product that was ordered and paid for. I would NEVER recommend Teleflora and I am sharing this experience to warn anyone who considers ordering from your organization. Just awful!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

My wife ordered an arrangement for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. She placed the order in October to give plenty of time. The order was confirmed and billed to us the last week of November for a December 7th delivery. The flowers never made it... After an hour on hold, my wife was told that they didn't send because they didn't have the colors ordered. The site tells you that substitutions may be made, so she agreed to different colors delivered by noon the day after... Wrong again.

Another hour and customer service will not return the money and claims they can have them on Monday, but that's not what was agreed upon. Still battling and waiting on manager callback. Will get our money back by disputing the charge since the service was never rendered. Please avoid! Would be zero or negative stars if site would allow.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I ordered a funeral spray and the arrangement was stunning and true to the picture on the website. The problem came when finalizing the order. I entered the promotional code exactly and the site would not accept it. I placed a $185.00 order that came to a grand total of $208.00. I contacted customer service and after emails back and forth with them finally asking me to send them the code, which I did, I received an email back stating that the code was expired! How can a code be expired if it’s on the website (which by the way it definitely was not expired). I have deleted my account and will never use Teleflora again! I should’ve listened to the reviews. Lesson learned.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Teleflora is a third party who tax you with all the service fees and they don't send what you order online. But they will take your money. They falsely advertised different pictures of the product... Once you choose your choice - it's nothing what you picked online. I order a premium which is bigger than a Large and when item was delivered it was very small not only that the balloons came from a dollar store!

My advice to anyone who wants to order flowers please go directly to the source. Don't use third party it's a waste!!! I paid for the delivery to be express and paid 15.00... Well guess what? It wasn't delivered by the requested time! It was two hours late. They offered me a 10.00 dollar credit. I refused the credit of 10.00 and demanded my 15.00 and the 33.00 service fee to be credited to my account. Let's see if they honored my request. The rep put me on hold for 15 min and came back and said, "We gave you a credit. It show up on your statement." I have to wait to see if that's true in about a day or two.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I Ordered purple Tulips and white were sent... Very unhappy... There was a reason behind color and I picked Teleflora after googling purple Tulips delivery... I am very disappointed and will not order or Recommend this online business.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I really wish I had done my research and read the reviews about this company. I had ordered my mother in law some flowers just to cheer her up and she received a vase of flowers that looked nothing like the website. I was so embarrassed! For 60 bucks it should have been way nicer. I'm so angry I could cry. After contacting the company they offered me a 40% off next order. I would never use them again and refused the coupon. They proceeded to refund me 20 percent of the cost (12bucks). Don't even use them for any flower orders.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I made the worst mistake of my life not reading reviews before placing an order. I ordered a "beautiful" arrangement for my friend's wedding, but what I receive instead was complete trash. Barely living flowers, the vase (which was supposed to be wood) was a glass one with WOOD PAPER INSIDE! It was so embarrassing when my friend received it, I wanted to cry. The flowers were not the ones from the picture, it was around 5" smaller in height and width, and it all just seemed like a really bad joke. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them. On top of that, their customer service is completely horrendous, a total nightmare. Really, please... I'M BEGGING YOU. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. DON'T ORDER WITH THIS COMPANY, IT'S A SCAM. Pleeeeaseee!!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I ordered a centerpiece to be delivered to my daughters. Photo showed a nice piece with a large candle, ribbons, greenery and approximately 9 flowers. What showed up was a skinny candle, 1 ribbon and 3 flowers. I was completely embarrassed. They offered 40% refund but the crap that was sent was not worth the 60% they kept. I will never use them again. I was forced to give 1 star.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I ordered a floral bouquet to be delivered on my Mom's birthday by 12pm. At 4pm I called Teleflora to ask where it was. My answer was "NO area florist picked up your order and it will be there by 7pm." Check my email at 5pm and my order was cancelled. Do yourself a favor. Stay far away from this company. The customer Service is terrible when you call and they back peddle on their words. They twist and repeat and then they place blame on you. (LOL) yeah not COOL! Sad to say my Amazing Mom never received the flowers on her birthday because Teleflora decided to cancel the order!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

My first 2 options were not available. Found a third option and paid for it. Received an email that it wasn't available and to allow substitution or not. I chose no. Didn't receive a call. Called customer service and picked the option for a call back. Never received a call back. I called and spoke with someone who offered me a 40% coupon which I declined. They asked me to allow substitution and promised send a picture. I call back hours later because I haven't heard anything only to be told they have been delivered and they don't send pictures. Horrible company. I will never be using Teleflora again. Buyer beware!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I wish I had read the reviews on Teleflora before I made a purchase. My experience was awful, my flowers were not delivered on the date they were supposed to nor were they what I had ordered. The reason I was given why the flowers were not delivered on the day I requested was because they could not find a florist to do the flowers for what I paid, but yet they advertise this arrangement for this price. If the florist is part of the Teleflora Network the florist should be able to do the flowers for the price that is advertised. My flowers did not look anything like the picture that was advertised on the website. It looked like a child had went out in the backyard and picked flowers and stuck them in a vase. I do not recommend Teleflora to anyone. I will never use them again nor will I use the florist where they came from which was Fairfield florist in Virginia Beach.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I ordered the "Pretty in Peony Premium" arrangement though Teleflora (which was delivered by a local florist). The arrangement I ordered is primarily peony flowers, my wife's favorite. Instead I got a bunch of inexpensive hydrangeas. You simply cannot swap out the primary flower type. This is like ordering a dozen roses and instead getting carnations. Peony is in the name of the product I ordered! To make matters even worse, the vase it came in was cracked so when we added water to it the darn thing leaks. I asked them to issue a refund for 40% of what I paid (I thought that was fair). Instead, they gave me just a 20% refund. Again, the arrangement I received had ZERO peonies in it (and it was called "Pretty in Peony")! I'll never use them again.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I ordered from this company, got an email asking if it could be delivered the next day, that was ok. Next day came. Got another email saying they didn't have what I ordered, I called and so for Designer's Choice so it could be delivered, A no go. Day 3 finally got an email saying they don't service the area, 3 days of BS & WASTED TIME.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I placed an order through Teleflora for delivery of flowers for my friends' funeral in Florida (I am from UK), and paid for them online. Teleflora site directed me to Flower Kingdom of Okeechobee Blvd Royal Palm Beach - the flowers were ordered, paid, and we had an email from donotreply@telefloratranascat2.messages5.com showing our order details, order date and delivery date for the following day (22 November 2018). The flowers never arrived - I have emailed the store 3 times with no reply and Teleflora say they can only deal with it if the order was through them! As shown above the order WAS through them! We have paid well over $100 and now lost it to scammers! DO NOT USE TELEFLORA OR FLOWER KINGDOM OF OKEECHOBEE BLVD, ROYAL PALM BEACH! BOTH WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY WITH NO CARE AT ALL ABOUT DELIVERY OF THE GOODS!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Ordered 2 arrangements for Thanksgiving- received a email verification they were delivered- they were not and I was not notified. Called customer service several times and did not receive a satisfactory response. Did find the corporate phone number for customer service and spoke to an individual there who was appalled at what happened and compensated me appropriately - she was amazing! Don’t know if I would use Teleflora again but would suggest to call the corporate office if you have an issue. They were amazing.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

The only good thing that I can say is that the flowers were delivered the same day and on time. However, the flowers look nothing like what I paid for. The vase of flowers they sent my mother was practically empty and wasn't even close to the picture. FALSE ADVERTISING. Extremely disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I placed an order for flowers for a newborn grandchild. The flowers were never delivered in spite of the fact that I had a CONFIRMATION #, AND I HAD A DELIVERY DATE. When I called I was left holding for an hour, only to be told they needed to check credit card information. They asked me for the number on the back of the card. I gave it to them 10 times, they said that was not the correct phone number. It was a horrible and embarrassing experience. NEVER AGAIN. Since when does a company confirm a credit card PHONE NUMBER.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I purchased an arrangement of flowers in a red Mustang to be delivered to a co-worker who had surgery. Instead of the car he was delivered a blue truck. I sent a message to complain. All they will do is give me 40% off a future order that has to be used by 5/21/19. Now why would my company or anyone I know want to purchase something here when they did not even make this order correct? Horrible company. Do not offer a product if you cannot stand behind it. Simple fix - send the right thing, we paid for it! Never will we buy from here again and I will make sure to pass that along.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Wish I’d read all these other reviews before ordering flowers for my mother’s birthday. Day of expected delivery, received a unintelligible voicemail (terrible connection, I noticed others have complained) and a text that there was an issue with my order. Texted YES to get more detail, no response. So I call the 800#, give my order number...crickets. “Hello?” I thought we’d been disconnected. She tells me they can’t deliver the order because the local florist is closed and would Monday be acceptable? “No, my mother’s birthday is today. Do you have another local florist you can try?” Again, crickets.

Finally, a flat “no.” “Soooo...what are my other options?” Her, “well, I guess you could cancel your order.” Me, “wow. Okay, yes, let’s do that. Thanks.” Her oblivious response, “you’re welcome!” Then nothing. “Hello?!” Her, “I cancelled your order. Is there anything else I can help you with today?” Are you kidding me?! Fifteen minutes after getting off the phone, I get a text: Teleflora: "Thanks for signing up for order updates. Msg & Data rates may apply. Reply HELP for Help, STOP to UNSUBSCRIBE. Msg Freq per acct setup Contact 800-493-5610." Thanks but no thanks, Teleflora. Your updates were as useless as your customer service team.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

My husband had flowers delivered to my work. They were delivered at 1, and by 7 pm that night, two had started to wilt. Three days later most of the flowers had wilted. A week later they were dead despite following the directions. My husband emailed them 5 days after I got them to complain and no response. I called 10 days after receiving them (after getting back from my work trip), and they said I should have contacted them earlier. When told my husband had emailed them but got no response, they quickly changed their tune. I asked for a refund, and the guy said he could only give us a 50% refund since they were already delivered.

I asked for a supervisor, and she said she could only offer 75% back, but my husband had to call to get it even though I had the credit card used and order number. When he called, they tried to tell him he could only get 25% back. He eventually got the 75% back. Any company who won’t give you a full refund when their product is garbage is a shady company. I’d rather pay more for a local shop than deal with these thieves. Don’t use them!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I applied for a job with Teleflora and was told I didn’t meet their requirements. I am a disabled person that has a degree and years of business experience and working with the public. I am more than qualified! I was not even given a chance. I guess they don’t hire the “physically disabled“ even if we are qualified. I will never use their company if I’m looking for flowers.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Email solicitation to send Thanksgiving flowers. Did an order first thing at 8am to a good friend out of town as I didn’t get card in mail in time. Order processed and confirmed for same day delivery. Received call at 3:30pm (could not understand caller...had to call customer service as I sensed an issue). Told me they couldn’t process delivery and offered a Friday delivery (not acceptable). Refund will come in 7-10 days. So HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE (twice this has happened with Teleflora) yet they will keep my money for a week? Had they told me this morning they couldn’t accommodate, I could have ordered from a more reputable online floral vendor.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

To let my mother know I was thinking of her on my deceased brother’s 36th birthday, I sent her a premium “Days of Sunshine” bouquet and paid the $15 rush fee to have it delivered before 1 PM. As the day went by and my mother still hadn’t received the flowers, I decided to call the customer service hotline (and sat on hold for 20 minutes before someone answered) where I was informed that residential deliveries can arrive as late as 8 PM. I asked if they could 1) refund my $15 rush fee and 2) confirm that the flowers were definitely going to be delivered at some point that evening, as it was already 7 PM. The customer service rep said yes to both.

Fast forward to right now, 3:42 the day after the failed delivery. I just spent another 35 minutes on the phone with Teleflora. After attempting to use their email service they offer on their website all day and getting nothing but a standard “we’re looking into this” email from a bot. The customer service rep who answered my call first, Josephine, said that she couldn’t get a hold of the florist, couldn’t explain what went wrong, and that I wouldn’t be getting a refund despite the fact the recipient never received the delivery. I asked to speak with her supervisor, who said that she also was unable to get in touch with the florist and that she would follow up with me in an hour, but that a refund would depend on what the florist said and whether or not a cancellation of the order was successful. Flower deliveries are so personal, and are sent in highly emotional times filled with great joy and celebration or grief and despair.

This isn’t a business whose customer service shouldn’t be outsourced to India. It is infuriating to see a company like Teleflora put so little care into executing with excellence when they have been entrusted with playing such a crucial role in so many special moments. Pardon the profanity, but ** you Teleflora. You’ve not only made an already painful day MUCH more painful than it should have been, you’ve also managed to waste hours of my time and subject me to some of the most inept, inefficient, unhelpful customer service I’ve ever been unfortunate enough to receive.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

They sent the order to a local florist - made 2 orders. They delivered the more expensive arrangement but the florist wouldn't accept the other order (30% discount) because they were not paid enough by Teleflora. Teleflora hunts for a florist and if they can't get someone to do it at their severely discounted price they simply don't deliver. They sent me an email saying it WAS delivered to get me off their back but it actually was not. So now working with my bank to get a credit on the 'less expensive' order with the 30% discount. Not only did I not get to use the advertised discount - They billed me on the more expensive arrangement. I guess that's profitable enough for them. Will never use them again.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I ordered an arrangement for my wife for our Anniversary. They could not offer what I ordered but WOW, their substitution was off the charts gorgeous! Thank you Teleflora!!! It was worth way more than what I paid. I will order again. :)

Teleflora expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In business more than 78 years, Teleflora is an experienced flower delivery service. The company offers same-day delivery on many flowers, but also allows consumers to schedule their orders up to three months in advance.

• Intuitive website: A clean and easy-to-read website makes shopping online a pleasant experience.

• Shop by occasion: Find a flower arrangement for any occasion, from birthdays to weddings, using Teleflora's tools to search by occasion.

• Images: The Teleflora website shows images of what different sizes of the same bouquet will look like, and it shows estimated measurements too. This information can help consumers select the best size for their recipient.

• Unique arrangements: Teleflora's holiday and seasonal displays use non-traditional foliage like colorful maple leaves and sheaves of wheat to provide unique holiday looks.

• Leave it to the experts: If you are unsure about what to pick, you can always go with the Deal of the Day. Florists put together an arrangement just for you, at the price point you specify.

• Best for: significant others, friends and adult children.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs