3.27/5
Based on 2,052 ratings submitted in the last year

2767 PayPal Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 27, 2019

I had an issue with a product I purchased and I used PayPal to pay for it. They were very quick to get in touch with the seller and resolved the problem for me. I highly recommend PayPal. I am a very loyal customer and will remain one.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I have seen some people rant and rave that certain information was needed to resolve their case. It's typically proof of delivery and things like that. I don't blame PayPal for requiring I prove an item never arrived when tracking says otherwise. As someone who runs a company and deals with the same situation, I'd say it's fair practice. Once I contacted UPS and received their delivery information and presented it to PayPal, boom! I got my refund. Keep in mind, tracking is NOT proof, request GPS location of scan, label information (could be address wrong), etc. If they made it too easy, it would be taken advantage of and buyer protection would likely no longer exist.

Get expert buying tips about Money Transfer delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

During Black Friday I purchased 4 orders from Finish Line, come Cyber Monday all of the orders were canceled and "refunded". I contact them and I get told to wait, so I did. After 48 hours I email them again, I get told to again wait. So I do, after another few days I'm frustrated and get told to wait again. Finally they say that on their end the money has already went through and I should have it. They told me to call PayPal, I was transferred to a specialist (Arin, or Aaron) who actually wanted to help me, but he said that Finish Line had to authorize the refund and PayPal literally couldn't do anything till they do. I said that it's been over a week since they "refunded" me, I ask if I can get into a 3-way call with Finish Line and he agrees.

Arin completely explained what was going on to the Finish Line rep and told her that PayPal couldn't release the funds to me since Finish Line hadn't given them the funds to begin with. The Finish Line rep then escalates the case and says to wait 24 hours. At this point I'm fuming mad because I've already waited so long, but thanks to Arin I've made huge progress than I would've on my own. I thank Arin for staying on the line with me to discuss with Finish Line. Just a minute ago I got my full refund. So thank you Arin, the best customer service I've had in a long time.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Hi. I just wanted to write a review and to say a Big Thank you to the customer service and people who helped me to resolve my issue with Siren Ltd company and manage to get me the refund from them. After the company treated me so badly and they didn't provide service I paid for and they refused to pay me a refund. PayPal stepped out and managed to get the refund back from them. Thank you so much for your support. Without you I wouldn't be able to get any hold of my money back.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

We use our PayPal every week to transfer funds to our family member for a combined bill pay. It is accurate, quick, safe and easy. They get the alert immediately. No fee, when transfer from bank account. Have done this for years now and never had any problems. Works great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal?

Original review: July 21, 2019

PayPal is the worst company we have ever dealt with. PayPal offers absolutely no protection for the consumers. If you ever have any problems with a merchant, you will never get a refund from PayPal. Instead of using PayPal, always use your credit card so you can have a recourse. Another problem is that when you call their customer service, you get people from overseas who either do not understand or speak fluid English or have no idea what customer service means!

Original review: July 20, 2019

I purchase a pair of shoes from a company on Facebook. I had to pay using PayPal. The shoes arrived, cheaply made and didn't fit. Called company and got no response. Got in touch with PayPal and they put in my claim. They said company got in touch with them at once and I should keep calling nothing they could do. I have now learned that Bestwalk has terrible reviews and doesn’t answer anyones’s messages, only PayPal’s. PayPal should listen to the consumer or read reviews about company. Barbara

Original review: July 20, 2019

Within a minute of filing a claim PayPal denied it w/o even investigating. Seller used fake tracking id showing order delivered. Now even seller’s website is not accessible. I expected PayPal to investigate that but they just believed in tracking status. This kind of PayPal resolution will encourage the scammers when they get away with frauding people knowing that PayPal doesn't even bother to look deeper. What's the point in buyer protection then?

Original review: July 20, 2019

I made an online purchase, did big receive the product, opened a case and PayPal denied my case. Had the case reopened, provided them definitive proof in email, along with correspondence from the vendor that they would refund my money via PayPal, yet PayPal denied my case a second time. They don’t care about the facts apparently. I have been a member with them since 2006 and I have a large amount of credit with them. After this issue which has happened more than once, I will never do business with them again and I won’t look back. They have too much competition for me to lose money through them.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I made a purchase to Overstock.com, paying through PayPal. I cancelled the order within 10 minutes of placing the order. The order is still pending and has been paid by my bank. According to PayPal, they will refund in 30 days....in this day of electronics, how can these people be so unwilling to process a transaction within a few days instead of 30 days. I'll think again before purchasing with PayPal!!!!

PayPal expert review by ConsumerAffairs

PayPal was founded in 1998, and eBay acquired it in 2002. The company now has nearly 200 million active customers, and in 2015 the company hosted approximately 4.9 billion transactions. Customers in more than 200 countries can use the company’s services and hold money in their accounts in 25 different currencies. Consumers can use the service to transfer money to other individuals, pay bills, make online purchases, make donations and obtain financing.

• Online payments: Consumers can use PayPal to check out on millions of websites. Those who are uncomfortable putting their credit card information on lots of different sites can pay with PayPal, ensuring their information is stored with a single company.

• Credit: PayPal Credit is the company’s financing option, which lets customers have flexible payment options. It can be used online, in stores and even to send money to someone else. Availability is subject to credit approval.

• App: Using the PayPal app, customers can make purchases in brick-and-mortar stores with their PayPal account, send money from their mobile device and check out with PayPal when shopping on their device. The app is available for Apple, Android and Microsoft devices.

• Recurring payments: Consumers can use their PayPal account to set up recurring payments for subscriptions for a variety of services, including Spotify, Netflix, Angie’s List, match.com, ancestry.com and more.

• Fees: Customers do not pay fees when they make a purchase with their PayPal account. When consumers send money to another individual’s PayPal account and use money already in their PayPal account or in a bank account linked to their PayPal account, there is no fee.

• Best for: PayPal is best for individuals who want to make payments online with more security and/or transfer money to family and friends.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs