3.08/5
Based on 2,094 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

PayPal

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

2899 PayPal Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

This platform allows me to send and receive money from anywhere in the world, is very secure, I can use it to pay for products or services on many pages, and I am satisfied with the benefits they offer me, I can use it from the website or also from the app, which makes it much more practical to send money and verify that I received it.

Original review: July 27, 2019

If there are none of the debit card options for payment, I would use my own debit card on PayPal as the alternative payment, but I would have to keep track of my expenses on my ledger as to not go below the marked cap for the month such as for example any $ within the hundreds.

Get expert buying tips about Money Transfer delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I have seen some people rant and rave that certain information was needed to resolve their case. It's typically proof of delivery and things like that. I don't blame PayPal for requiring I prove an item never arrived when tracking says otherwise. As someone who runs a company and deals with the same situation, I'd say it's fair practice. Once I contacted UPS and received their delivery information and presented it to PayPal, boom! I got my refund. Keep in mind, tracking is NOT proof, request GPS location of scan, label information (could be address wrong), etc. If they made it too easy, it would be taken advantage of and buyer protection would likely no longer exist.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

During Black Friday I purchased 4 orders from Finish Line, come Cyber Monday all of the orders were canceled and "refunded". I contact them and I get told to wait, so I did. After 48 hours I email them again, I get told to again wait. So I do, after another few days I'm frustrated and get told to wait again. Finally they say that on their end the money has already went through and I should have it. They told me to call PayPal, I was transferred to a specialist (Arin, or Aaron) who actually wanted to help me, but he said that Finish Line had to authorize the refund and PayPal literally couldn't do anything till they do. I said that it's been over a week since they "refunded" me, I ask if I can get into a 3-way call with Finish Line and he agrees.

Arin completely explained what was going on to the Finish Line rep and told her that PayPal couldn't release the funds to me since Finish Line hadn't given them the funds to begin with. The Finish Line rep then escalates the case and says to wait 24 hours. At this point I'm fuming mad because I've already waited so long, but thanks to Arin I've made huge progress than I would've on my own. I thank Arin for staying on the line with me to discuss with Finish Line. Just a minute ago I got my full refund. So thank you Arin, the best customer service I've had in a long time.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Hi. I just wanted to write a review and to say a Big Thank you to the customer service and people who helped me to resolve my issue with Siren Ltd company and manage to get me the refund from them. After the company treated me so badly and they didn't provide service I paid for and they refused to pay me a refund. PayPal stepped out and managed to get the refund back from them. Thank you so much for your support. Without you I wouldn't be able to get any hold of my money back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Do not trust PayPal to be on your side in a dispute. They will do their job in protecting you! Had open shut case in my favor for item that didn't work. Had contacted seller trying to return items which where guarantee but got a runaround so I disputed charge. For some reason PayPal said because they didn't work was not enough to decide in my favor! DON"T TRUST PAYPAL.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

You only find out about a bad company when you have problems. My account was hacked. Someone ordered an expensive item to be shipped to an unauthorized address to a name that was not mine. PayPal should have stopped this but did not. I got the runaround from PayPal and they said it was an approved transaction. They said they would call the vendor but did not (I did instead). This company is a shell. I am actually better off going direct to vendors as my credit card company can void these transactions directly.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. I have to refund all the money I've received from them now and use Stripe or another service. Absolute joke. Absurd customer service. Being placed on hold for half an hour and then being completely useless. My funds are on hold and when I ask their customer service reps they keep telling me to visit the resolution center and provide no other information. I already did that, that's I'm calling you now. Keeps giving me roundabout answers that don't help. What is the point? You're just wasting both our times. I asked to talk to a supervisor and this guy said I can't do that. Customer service rep name is Al. His employee number is #**. He and the other reps I've talked to should not be working anywhere.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

PayPal has lied to me and when I called they could not answer my questions. This was a lie and I still haven't received my money way after the item was delivered. From PayPal: "You have successfully updated shipment information. You’ll get your money within 1 day of delivery." Yeah, that did not happen. Seems pretty sketchy to me. PayPal should follow through on things they put in writing. I would have not had PayPal tell me anything, rather than lie about me receiving my money. I will no longer be using PayPal.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

PayPal for businesses is way too expensive. Transaction fees, currency conversion fees, and international payment fees are just ridiculously high. Would not recommend this company to any (e-commerce) business.

PayPal expert review by ConsumerAffairs

PayPal was founded in 1998, and eBay acquired it in 2002. The company now has nearly 200 million active customers, and in 2015 the company hosted approximately 4.9 billion transactions. Customers in more than 200 countries can use the company’s services and hold money in their accounts in 25 different currencies. Consumers can use the service to transfer money to other individuals, pay bills, make online purchases, make donations and obtain financing.

• Online payments: Consumers can use PayPal to check out on millions of websites. Those who are uncomfortable putting their credit card information on lots of different sites can pay with PayPal, ensuring their information is stored with a single company.

• Credit: PayPal Credit is the company’s financing option, which lets customers have flexible payment options. It can be used online, in stores and even to send money to someone else. Availability is subject to credit approval.

• App: Using the PayPal app, customers can make purchases in brick-and-mortar stores with their PayPal account, send money from their mobile device and check out with PayPal when shopping on their device. The app is available for Apple, Android and Microsoft devices.

• Recurring payments: Consumers can use their PayPal account to set up recurring payments for subscriptions for a variety of services, including Spotify, Netflix, Angie’s List, match.com, ancestry.com and more.

• Fees: Customers do not pay fees when they make a purchase with their PayPal account. When consumers send money to another individual’s PayPal account and use money already in their PayPal account or in a bank account linked to their PayPal account, there is no fee.

• Best for: PayPal is best for individuals who want to make payments online with more security and/or transfer money to family and friends.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs