PayPal

Compare Money Transfer and International Money Transfer Services

It happens that I bought a phone from eBay (so silly idea) and I paid with my PayPal account. After a month and a half my phone stop working (no service). I found out that the seller reported the phone as stolen so the provider blocked the phone. Ebay didn't take care of it telling me it is pass 30 days so offering me contact PayPal. HUH GOOD LUCK. They said they will take care asking me to upload information of dispute center. I did, no answer from PayPal. Call them 10 times, same thing, asking for more information. Long story short I was back and forth for about one month. Eventually they send me email that I will not get refund cause seller describe that this phone is stolen. HUH, are you serious?

I call them, they said "It was big mistake sorry, sorry. We will fix it." Next day they send me email that I will not get refund cause I didn't present them with information. HUHHHH, are you guys nuts or stupid? How you make discussion first time without having information from my side? So I contact my bank and I got refund. Never will do business with PayPal.

Recently I had my Paypal account hacked. Within the space of 1/2 an hour a fraudulent transaction occurred. I received email confirmation of that transaction, email of account details being changed, password changed and finally email informing me my account had been closed. I emailed them immediately to inform them. Received generic response blah, blah, after four emails 4 generic responses no action. I am still to receive any communication from them. Between emails I attempted to contact them multiple times by phone, of course, no one answers the phone. Paypal is a corrupt organization. I believe they are probably getting a slice of the action from the scammers. If I could rate them -5 stars I would. The guidelines prevent me from recording my real feelings. ;)

I sold an item through eBay in August. Payment was made through PayPal. The buyer collected the item to his complete satisfaction. In October, the buyer "forgot" he had made such a purchase when checking his bank account, and reported the transaction to his bank and Paypal as "Transaction Not Recognised", leaving me with a negative credit, a dispute to resolve with Paypal's inept Customer Service Department, and a lot of time, effort and anxiety spent trying to explain that I was the victim in this case.

I have reported the issue to the Police as Fraud. Now, I am even being charged by Paypal a fee to pay for administration of this issue, for which they are part responsible as well as the buyer. I have sent numerous emails and made several phone calls to Paypal. I have made a formal complaint to Paypal about the way they have handled this problem and the way I have been treated, but Paypal does not acknowledge my complaint, it does not appear in my activity or summary on my account.

After spending 5 minutes on hold and 20 minutes trying to explain the issue on the phone to a Customer Advisor, explaining that I wanted to file a formal complaint about Paypal on the phone at that very moment, I was shouted at and told that I could not make a formal complaint by phone. I am 100% sure that is illegal. I requested that a record of the conversation of me making a formal complaint to Paypal appears in my Summary and Activity and that Paypal acknowledges my complaint against them.

At this point, I was shouted at, treated with contempt and disrespect and told that, that was never going to happen. I requested to speak with a Senior Manager and was put on hold, only to be told no one was available. I am now waiting and waiting to hear from Paypal. I want to close my account and I am not allowed to do so either. I will advise everyone to never use Paypal. Pay directly by credit card and you will be protected, without any intermediaries charging you fees, not investigating the matters properly and treating you like a criminal when you are the victim.

We placed an order on 11/19 and used PayPal as a payment method. For some reason the address on PayPal has an old apartment number so we contacted someone (her name was Joanne) within 5 minutes and asked her to correct but she said that she can't do that so we asked to cancel the order and re-submit. She said no and insisted to use a wrong apartment number. We received an email after 5 calls to their terrible customer service and someone (her name is Julia) sent us the following tracking number UPS Tracking ** and we thought it has been solved but UPS said on their web that the sender asked to return the shipment back. We contacted Paypal and filed a claim and PayPal sent an email to the seller and never replied back. They took the money and never shipped. Contacted customer service and they are horrible. How people like that are doing business in the United States. It's shame!

Can I give no stars? Well I bought the smartphone eBay that Seller does not offer refunds which is fine with me; the issue is that the phone is locked and associated to the prior owner. Seller of course not the original owner. Cannot be used on AT&T nor unlocked. PayPal closed the case in sellers favor saying that I want use the phone in Europe. First, I live in US and use AT&T services so forget the Europe that I will travel to next year- I cannot use this phone in US.

The other concern is that PayPal (they are split from eBay and is separate company) access eBay messages. Is this privacy violation? The customer service center appears now is in Philippines that try to figure what their training material says and keeps repeating "don't worry" and solve nothing. Horror and waste of a time and I no longer care about $62 - it could be hundreds or thousands of purchase... Very shaky 3rd party bankers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal?

Jazman's Mobile Auto Repair duped me by replacing my old fuel pump with another old one leaving the vehicle with the same problem of lack of acceleration. To the point of leaving me stranded on a dark road the very next night after he worked on the car. He gave me a written 30 Day/1000 Mile Money Back Guarantee of his work. When I was stranded with the identical problem, by text he called me a liar and refused to back his work. I paid $520.53 for this service through PayPal. I sent in a dispute including the receipt that has the warranty, the text that proved that he refused to honor his written Money Back Guarantee, and a sidebar fact that he stole my old fuel pump to refurbish and pass off as new. PayPal GRAVELY disappointed me.

Within a few days, I received an email from PayPal via Brian stating that they could not continue with the dispute without proof of a warranty. Well, I had already sent it by mail, but resent it by email. I also had another local mechanic look at it who said that he could not determine whether the fuel pump as bad without taking it out at, yet, another charge. I could not afford it. He did put in new spark plugs and wires along with the new battery my husband installed. I was sincerely hoping this would be it and I was wrong about the pump being bad. It wasn't. Though it started up great now, it still lost acceleration power while driving just as it had before White worked on it.

I also requested a PayPal phone number to speak directly with a person without automated options in addition to emailing my phone number for them to call me. The request was never addressed. It was made also with Rob and Will as they were the next PayPal reps to contact me on the same thread stating more of the same. Rob also told me to give offer to give the fuel pump back (but not give it back) along with the merchant's response and they could reopen the case. I went a step further and was fine with truly giving the fuel pump back and text the merchant (he refuses to receive my phone calls) to which he replied that he had no intention of taking back the fuel pump and was not going to check on the bad fuel pump he put in my car. This text was sent to PayPal for proof.

I received another email from PayPal stating that they are sorry that I misunderstood (I did not misunderstand anything!) but I would need to do more than offer the fuel pump back. I needed to prove that there was a money back warranty that came directly from the merchant. I had already done that repeatedly. I called them through their automated options and talked with Jessica. She seem to be the only one with a heart and common sense. She said that from her files on November 18, 2016 that the dispute was reopened at 2:55 AM and the decision to honor the chargeback on December 1, 2016 if Diosios Emmanuel White (owner of Jazman's Mobile Auto Repair with the AKA PanAm Mobile Auto Repair on Facebook... One and the same... One man show that pretends to be several different people by referring to himself as 'my techs,' and 'we') did not respond.

Jessica explicitly stated this THREE TIMES during our conversation. I was ok with that decision. It seemed fair enough. Told her I still wanted to talk with the Supervisor of the Dispute Dept, Erin. Erin stated that she was sorry that I misunderstood the recorded phone call with Jessica, but that they could not open the case without the warranty. What???? Erin listened to the recording herself and knew exactly what Jessica said as a PayPal rep. She also knew that the warranty had been submitted multiple times. Erin no longer responds to my email even though the subject heading reads, "Dispute ** ATTN: Erin."

Lastly, I went to my PayPal account to find that not only was no dispute closed, but this case has never been filed as an open case to be closed in the past 15 days! It was never even reported. This is by far the worse "run around to cover my own butt" that I have ever experienced. I don't know what PayPal gain by not honoring valid disputes to their clients, but I intend to find out.

I have an EBay account but do not want a PayPal account. The purchase on Ebay states that you are not required to have a PayPal account in order to purchase. Ebay offers 3 options, one being without having a PayPal account. Despite my contacting EBay with my credit card on the 3-way call, they could not let the transaction ($85.00) go through as PayPal blocks it. When I called PayPal, they demanded personal information even though it was a cash transaction verified by the credit card company. Something is very fishy about the way PayPal is trying to extract personal information on a standard sale and holding it hostage if you do not supply personal information and blocking you. It should be illegal. They also outsource the calls to God knows where. Amazon is SO much better!

PayPal is a scam. Everyone I know complains about PayPal because they hold your money. I took a chance and gave PayPal the opportunity to have my business and just like everyone else said they are terrible. Worst money service I've ever dealt with. If someone sends you $1 be very suspicious. It is a scam what they do is charge you $1 then say they want it back and PayPal charges you $20. So PayPal makes $20 and you lose $20 just because somebody sent you $1. Not to mention the customer service department is terrible. Everyone I spoke to gave me the runaround and nothing was solved. I still don't have my money. If you use PayPal you are a fool. It is not convenient. You're better off just using your bank with a real merchant account.

So at the time PayPal attempted to debit my account I unfortunately had a couple dollars short and the payments bounced. The very next day I realized and they had sent me an email advising me the debit had been unsuccessful and that I need to log-on and top-up my account. So as their email instructed me to I went online and added the amount owing onto the account. PayPal then decided to re-attempt to debit those charges out of my account. Over $900 was now being taken from my bank for PayPal. I realized and rang up to try and get it fixed, asked them to refund my money. I was told by a girl in customer service that I would have to go to my bank and ask them to stop the payment.

So I spoke to my bank, who advised they just needed a fax from PayPal to say it would be ok to cancel the pending charges. I rang back PayPal and read out the email I was given from my bank only to be told they don't do that and I have to wait 3-5 days for it to go in before I can try do anything. So I asked for a manager, I spent (and no it's not an exaggeration) 18 minutes BEGGING to be transferred to a supervisor or manager only to be refused and QUESTIONED. "What do you hope to achieve by that?" was one of the questions, "Why do you want my manager?" was another.

Last time I checked, I as a customer had every right to ask for a manager and not be questioned repeatedly. The money that had been taken was for my car loan repayment which was coming out the next day and I was simply trying to ensure I could get my money back to cover my car loan. The stress I was already going through due to this was extremely heightened after dealing with PayPal.

When the guy finally put me on hold for his manager I had to wait 5 minutes on hold before I got through to her and basically was greeted by a brick wall. Nothing they can do... ever. They don't help people basically even if they are somewhat responsible for sending me an email to add the funds and then also debiting, why do both. I even asked if I could forward the email to the manager who cared not for it because she didn't do that sort of stuff. I rang my bank back who told me again I needed PayPal to send a simple fax through to them and they would have my money to me in 2 hours. I just broke down crying, I was ultimately hitting my head against a brick wall with PayPal. I gave up, I have been left with no food, no petrol, no bill money and no faith in PayPal anymore.

HI, PLS DO NOT USE PAYPAL PAYMENT GATEWAY... WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DO NOT RELEASE PAYMENT ON TIMELY BASIS. I am a merchant with PayPal. I received a payment from one of my customer Mohammed ** on 28th October 2016 with a status as pending. Next day when I checked the status, it still showed as Pending and description from PAYPAL "We've put this payment on hold while we make sure it is in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy. We'll contact you about this in 24-72 hours." So I waited for someone from PayPal to connect with us as per mentioned by them on their website. NOTE - It states that the payment has been held up by PayPal while they are reviewing it.

Since we did not receive any calls, we tried making multiple calls to understand the issue and every time we are told that the issue is from Customer's end. I have a statement from the customer which shows the payment has gone through. And I kept mentioning the same to their reps however they kept giving me the same parroted response. When I asked why did someone not call us as mentioned on the website and their policy, they had no response and put it on system downtime???

This is not the only nightmare I faced with PayPal. When I called them 2 days back, I spoke to a floor supervisor Krishna who had poor communication skills and was completely arrogant. When I kept asking him to prove that the issue is at customer's end and challenged what he was saying, he used profanity on the call by saying "to hell with you" and disconnected the call. This kind of customer service is completely unacceptable. I feel like discontinuing my account with PayPal for providing such horrible customer service. Appreciate someone looking into this AND CALLING ME TO DISCUSS WHERE MY MONEY IS. Amount - USD 230.

Simply AU$67 transaction 2nd Nov. They take their fees. I still ship goods within 48 hours received by 8th, yet I have to wait until 17th to get my money then wait another 3-5 business days to get it from the bank. Are you kidding, that's best part of 3 weeks. What am I in the A/R business? Really in contract law a bilateral contract requires an offer and acceptance. Well surely acceptance in this case constitutes payment, not for me to have to wait when the goods have been received accepted and met with the obligations and representation of the standard of that good.

Further to this is the issue that how many millions are PayPal making off the float of the money they hold... really an unscrupulous company I will not deal with again. I have been buying on eBay for 2 decades and just now have taken to selling but if this is all you can use rather than direct bank transfer well they too lose out. I always pay promptly 100% positive feedback and also on Gumtree and yet I don't meet PP exacting standards of the number of transactions within a specific period or amount sold; what a load of bollocks. It's a rip-off and a scam.

Someone sent me money through PayPal and I linked my bank. They made two small deposits that I was unaware of and caused my account to go into overdraft. Now the money that was sent is missing and I can't find it. The bank doesn't have a clue and all I can think is for a business that's supposed to help with convenience is a total headache. I will never use this service again.

I have sold an item for $368.14 on eBay and PayPal is holding my money. Buyer picked up the item on November 9, 2016. Called PayPal. Said my money will only be in 3 days. Today when I called again talked to the Manager (who is very rude). Told me my money will be on November 23. I asked him "why." The buyer has the item and is happy with their purchase why keep my money?

Online purchase - I purchased an item (s) from a merchant in China. A month passed and I did not received the Item. Since I used Paypal to pay I contacted them get in touch with the merchant. The Paypal agent said it has been delivered successfully, but if I did not receive the package I can ask my neighbours if a package was accidentally delivered to them. I did not know this is what they call buyer protection.

This scammer "Huy **" randomly sent me a $1, yes, one dollar, payment using our website. Being suspicious, we contacted Paypal. Nothing happened, so we ignored the payment. After a month, Huy ** initiated the charge back. We told Paypal that we didn't know this guy, and he sent us $1. If he wants the money back, just give him back the money.

The Paypal told us that we can keep the money until the dispute is resolved. We told Paypal just pay him back the money. Nothing happened. Lo and behold, after another month, Huy **'s credit card company made a decision to charge back the $1, and there was nothing Paypal could do; and Paypal charged us additional $20. So Paypal let this scammer's credit card company make $20 off of Zero investment using this chargeback scam. Paypal is a joke of seller protection.

I have been a member of Paypal for some years and always assumed that they would cover me if transactions went wrong. In the last few weeks I have been thoroughly disillusioned with them and their service. Firstly they made two payments for the same transaction and put the onus on me to retrieve the money. The supplier paid the money back to Paypal but I have to wait for over a week to get my money back. It was their fault that this extra payment was made but they tried to blame me.

Also I placed an order for a PC battery online and paid through Paypal. The battery was faulty and eventually they managed to get the supplier to respond. The outcome is that I will get my refund if I pay for the return postage so I will be out of pocket. Also I purchased Bitdefender anti virus online and paid through Paypal. The software would not install correctly and after wasting hours and countless phone calls I gave it up and asked for a refund. Bitdefender are not cooperating but Paypal say that because the software was supplied even though it was useless they can't consider a claim. Paypal are alright when things are going OK but hard luck if you have a problem. When some outstanding transactions have completed I shall be closing my Paypal account.

PayPal is dangerous service. I receive above than $20. PayPal can stop sending. Every time sending error. PayPal is very fraud, and crime website. PayPal yearly billion of dollars make for people's freeze accounts and block accounts, and many big companies is destroyed for PayPal freeze funds day by day. Big companies stops using PayPal. Bitcoin is very reliable and trusted online payments platform. My advice stop using PayPal.

I just had a very displeasing bank attack. I got charged $143.08 on my debit card that I did not authorize. I was even more displeased when I saw it was only charged to my bank, and not my PayPal account to I could claim to get refunded that way. But after a few calls to my bank to shut down further purchases to my card, and a call to PayPal, everything *seems* to be resolved at the moment, we'll just have to wait and see. Paypal, you need to protect your user's information better, otherwise you will just keep on losing people that are willing to deal with this kind of ** and unfair seller/buyer claims.

It's sad that I cannot spend $500 of my money without complications. I made an error when buying something on eBay by not choosing the credit card that I wanted to use. Unfortunately they debited my bank account. When I spoke to more than 4 supervisors there is no way to credit that account and debit the credit card I want to use to begin with. Sure, I made a mistake. We can put a man on the moon but this company cannot correct this? Any moron knows that they can. They would rather spend the time provoking the situation than fix it. Checks will bounce tomorrow and I'll be face with that because PayPal IS NOT MY PAL!!!

I was given a refund and instead of putting the money back on my card they sent me a check that I have to pay a fee to receive. My whole experience with PayPal has been a total nightmare. First they told me they couldn't help me with my refund to contact the other company and they are the one who took the money off my card and was no help in me receiving the refund they owed me. I would not recommend this lazy poor customer service, no care for their customer's company to anyone.

I buy stuff w/ Paypal credit all the time but now I'm very, very wary. I recently made a large order from different buyers with paypal credit, but one one of them mysteriously was charged thru my bank account, but not the other orders... causing me overdraft fees because I had no money in that account. I actually came here and read all the comments first, taking one person's advice to not have any money in your bank when using paypal credit so you wouldn't get charged "accidentally" and get fees... nope! Paypal STILL went into my empty account and made me get fees w/out my authorization!

I filed a dispute w/ them and am crossing my fingers that it will work out but I'm not sure knowing them... I also am trying to remove my bank completely, I just don't want them having access to my account. This is the 3rd time they did this to me... but no they are not letting me remove my account and I think it may be near impossible to do so. Tomorrow I'm closing my account and opening a new one just so I won't have to deal w/ these shady-ass people anymore. And my bank is no better since they let paypal just keep taking money out even when I specifically asked them not to! Of course not. That's how they make their money w/ overdraft fees!

On Monday, 11/1/16 I placed an order with a merchant who only uses PayPal. Within 30 mins. I had buyer's remorse and immediately called PayPal to cancel the transaction. They informed me they would contact the merchant on my behalf and that I should hear back within 24-48 hours. It's been 5 days and my funds are still be "verified" which means this money is being held and is unavailable to me. I called again this morning only to be told again that the transaction was basically in the hands of the merchant, so the funds could be held indefinitely. It's only $102 but it's like $102k to me. I am working poor and this situation causes a hardship.

I had a $100 balance with PayPal on 09/27/2016. I attempted to get the account linked to my bank for weeks with and without the aid of customer support. I eventually got the funds on 11/2/2016. On-line, PayPal promises the fund to be available within one day. So... how is it that my funds were not available for five weeks?

Beware!!! I am a business owner of many years. I currently use credit card processing companies. I unfortunately tried PayPal in the field. I was a brand new customer of PayPal swipe. First 2 days using I processed 1700.00 in cards. PayPal is holding 1200.00 of it for thirty days. No reason given, just said it was company policy. I spent 2 days trying to resolve this with no success. I have removed them from my website as a payment option for my customers. And will have to wait until November 29 to receive my 1200.00. No credit card processing I know of does this. I have used Square and Intuit for years, never has this happened. Again beware!!!

I am a slow learner, I'm sorry to say. A couple of years ago, my bank account was debited by PayPal for $700 or so. I contacted them for an explanation. They said, and I quote "We will credit your account." I received NO EXPLANATION WHATSOEVER as to why the money was stolen from my bank account (which I foolishly linked to my PayPal account). Approximately TWO WEEKS later the money showed up in my account. At no time was I given any explanation whatsoever as to why this happened, and the $100 or so in overdraft fees I paid were not addressed. Once again, this time fortunately for only $15.00 charged to me by Jonathan **, I have nothing to show for my payment. I cannot believe PayPal is still permitted to exist.

We purchased a roundtrip airline ticket for a prospective employee. PayPal showed a transaction number and a statement saying the funds had been transferred to the airline. At airport check-in the ticket holder was told by the airline that the payment had been rejected. After 2 1/2 hours on the telephone with our credit card company, PayPal, and the airline, the PayPal rep admitted that they had received an email from the airline wanting to confirm our address, and PayPal just never bothered to respond, never sent an email to us, nothing. The flight was long gone by the time we figured out how PayPal messed up. We requested reimbursement from PayPal for the hotel and car rental that had already been paid for--no response, again. Unbelievable. We will never use PayPal again.

Now that it's possible to fake eBay seller ratings, dishonest dealers like the one I dealt with are no longer detectable. I bought a phone from this scammer and only an empty box was delivered. I refused to take delivery and the seller had me fill in and sign a missing item report. This is so he can claim it on his insurance, but he refused to pass on the claimed refund to me. This means he has been paid twice for the same item, and then if the item was not in the box that left his premises he also gets to sell it again.

I ordered the item to be sent by the eBay International Shipping company to where I was staying in Grenada and paid taxes and import duty in advance, so when the item did not arrive in the country did I get those charges refunded? Of course not. These people are thieves. People should be warned about them. However for people who have already been scammed like I was then appeals to PayPal for a refund will not achieve anything. They appear to have a no refund policy and providing official documents and witness statements had no effect. A consumer should not have to prove their innocence to PayPal's satisfaction as they insist you do. The seller should prove to PayPal you received the item you paid for, and if he can't then PayPal should refund that payment.

I can't believe this company is allowed to operate. I ordered an item on eBay. When it came to payment I was informed the transaction had not gone through. So like anyone would I tried again, and again it did not go through. I considered there was a problem with the seller so changed seller. This time the transaction went through. Or so I thought. I then noticed I have 3 emails. They tell me that all 3 of those transactions are now pending! OK, so I think just cancel two of them and let the third go through. BZzzzt. No chance. Nothing on the emails to say I can do that, just inviting me to log into my PayPal account. BZzzzt. I don't have a PayPal account. I'm a guest account. Nothing to log into.

So I phone PayPal. After spending 3 minutes trying to get past their automated intro I get to a main menu. Finally, after 6 minutes on the phone I get to speak to a human. I tell her what's happened. She puts me through to someone else. He proceeds to call me "Paul". I tell him I want to be addressed as Mr ** as I am a customer not his friend. He continues to call me Paul even going to the trouble to explain to me why he's going to call me Paul. I tell him I want to speak to someone. We go through the usual two step of the "there's no one else to talk to/so you're completely alone in the entire business" dance. He then says "ok". Puts me on hold for 5 minutes and then kills the call.

I phone my CC company and try to get the transactions cancelled that way. Nope. Not that easy anymore. So I go through the CC process. A week later I get a snail mail letter from my CC company asking me for my details. I'm pretty cheesed off by now so I call PayPal again. Another 6 minutes and I finally get to speak to a human. I explain everything again. I get transferred to have the joy of explaining it yet again. The guy on the phone asks if he can put me on hold so he can discuss my case. I think OK, at last. I'm left on hold for about 5 minutes expecting more and more that the phone will go dead. Finally a voice comes on the line and tells me I need to email compliancetransactions@paypal.com. Took him 5 minutes to find an email address.

So I email PayPal. Give them all the details, transactions numbers etc. Nothing. A week goes by I get a response asking me to give them proof of who I am so the transactions can go through! I respond that I won't be sending them any details whatsoever so they can go ahead and cancel the transactions and return the money they took to my CC. A week goes by. Nothing. I phone them again. Prepared for the utter joke which is their automated menu system I get to speak to someone in 3 minutes!! A record I'm sure.

I explain everything to the girl on the phone. Guess what? I get transferred. The next girl reads through my "case history" and then asks if I can be put on hold. I refuse. I tell her all I want is the transactions cancelled. She can't do that. She will get someone to "review" my case. Blah blah blah. End result: one month and two days after attempting to by something on eBay, PayPal still have my money, and my case is being "reviewed" which "I will try my hardest to get sorted today but could take up to 72 hours" which you and I both know doesn't include the weekend, so we're looking another 5 days before I inevitably have to call them back again. WHY ARE THE FINANCIAL REGULATORS ALLOWING PAYPAL TO DO THIS. It's utterly disgraceful.

I will never do business with PayPal again! Upon trying to make a purchase they cancelled it saying that there was a security breach somewhere but couldn't tell me anything about my own account or how to fix it. They "dinked" around to try to find a solution. I have verified my identity numerous times in a variety of ways to suit them and still the problem was not fixed. The customer service is horrible and very unhelpful. I'm cutting ties with them completely. In my opinion, they don't even deserve 1 star.

I paid these people to protect my money. I filed a dispute which they closed arbitrarily and any and all attempts to find out why go unanswered. If you call customer service you get a machine which eventually gets you back to the original main menu. You will NEVER talk to a person. All emails are replied to with a standard form letter which gets you absolutely nowhere. I might as well have given my money to a complete stranger and ask him to deliver it. Now that I think about it, that's what I did. They are completely worthless.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

PayPal was founded in 1998, and eBay acquired it in 2002. The company now has nearly 200 million active customers, and in 2015 the company hosted approximately 4.9 billion transactions. Customers in more than 200 countries can use the company’s services and hold money in their accounts in 25 different currencies. Consumers can use the service to transfer money to other individuals, pay bills, make online purchases, make donations and obtain financing.

• Online payments: Consumers can use PayPal to check out on millions of websites. Those who are uncomfortable putting their credit card information on lots of different sites can pay with PayPal, ensuring their information is stored with a single company.
  • Credit: PayPal Credit is the company’s financing option, which lets customers have flexible payment options. It can be used online, in stores and even to send money to someone else. Availability is subject to credit approval.
  • App: Using the PayPal app, customers can make purchases in brick-and-mortar stores with their PayPal account, send money from their mobile device and check out with PayPal when shopping on their device. The app is available for Apple, Android and Microsoft devices.
  • Recurring payments: Consumers can use their PayPal account to set up recurring payments for subscriptions for a variety of services, including Spotify, Netflix, Angie’s List, match.com, ancestry.com and more.
  • Fees: Customers do not pay fees when they make a purchase with their PayPal account. When consumers send money to another individual’s PayPal account and use money already in their PayPal account or in a bank account linked to their PayPal account, there is no fee.
  • Best for PayPal is best for individuals who want to make payments online with more security and/or transfer money to family and friends.

Compare Money Transfer and International Money Transfer