3.8/5 (3201 ratings)

About PayPal

PayPal Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I was honestly at my wit's end and didn't know where to turn to. A seller at eBay had taken advantage of me and took $198.00 from me. It may not sound like a lot but being disabled on disability it's a big amount. EBAY won't help me, so I turned to PayPal and they gave me provisional refund as long as returned the defective item to the seller at my cost. Okay so I had to pay $25 to ship it back better than losing $198. Then I come to find out that PayPal had given me an incomplete address, the same one eBay had given them and it was not complete. So now I was getting the package returned to me and I was going to be out the $25 shipping and only had till the 1/26 to return the package or they would rule the case to the seller favor..

So I called PayPal to see if I could clear it up but I wasn't holding my breath. Anyhow the representative that helped me was Candance. Oh my God what a wonderful human being with such a genuinely great soul. She not only investigated the entire case, but gave me a $25 PayPal voucher and closed my case in my favor because the seller had not provided a complete address! Something an unethical and dishonest seller would do so as to not get the defective merchandise back. Like I said OMG! I am so blessed and fortunate to have gotten Candance to help me. I was so lost and thought for sure that I had lost and been robbed of my $198 but one person that cared enough took the time to follow up and not just do her job but exceeded the job's expectations but mine as well. Please let her know what a great job she is doing!! Thank you Candance if you read this!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I enjoy using PayPal because you can send money securely, and you don’t have to worry about your money being stolen and it not being reimbursed. You can also use PayPal and buy things online on websites you’re unsure about without disclosing your information. PayPal offers the friends and family option, and I like that option because his men when fees. Also, when using PayPal transfer, your money is instant, and you don’t have to wait long periods of time.

Get buying tips about Money Transfer delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I had an amazing experience. I love the way your company is so direct and the clients are very nice as well. When I logged on to the internet it took me straight to the site that I wanted to go to. Is very easy to use and if I needed help was there for me. I would recommend to use this site %100. And I have recommended this site to other viewers because I love using this site so much. Thank you for letting me use this site and being so good to me.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

It has being reliable on pages that I have never bought from, providing comfort and security that my payment is going to a reliable store and not a scam. You can save different accounts and credit cards for your convenience. Transactions can be quick and easy, feels like a bank and to only a secure folder for your cards. The only down part can be that there seems to be no business wire transfers adaptation, which can become very handful and simplify a low room for error.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

Paypal is extraordinary, it's not difficult to utilize and I appreciate that it's accessible on so many trader's site look at. I generally utilize that alternative when it's free, and it has set aside me cash. I requested something I'd seen on the web and never got it; took a stab at reaching the shipper twice and got no reaction either time. I put a case in on the Paypal site and after they took a stab at reaching the business I got a full discount on the buy. I like that I can have various record installment alternatives and pick assuming I need to utilize a charge or Mastercard for my buy inside the Paypal framework with a keystroke.

I likewise like having the option to return to my Paypal record and print receipts for things on the off chance that I've lost the first receipts. On the other hand, if you're a teenager without any bank cards or credit card, Paypal isn't for you. There are two reasons, first is you're below 18 years old and the last one is you cannot verify your account without bank account.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

We bought an electric tea kettle at The Home Depot online. The one we received started leaking one month into usage. I contacted the manufacturer directly who told me in an email to continue using the leaking kettle. Then I opened a dispute on PayPal, they gave Home Depot one month to reply. After 30 days, they finally told me if I sent the kettle back, they would refund me the full price. Paypal gave me 3 days to reply. However, they didn't provide me with a return address.

I tried to explain that in the dispute, but I guess no one really reads them because after 3 days they closed my case saying I didn't respond within the allotted time frame. I had to reach out to PayPal again to reopen my case explaining that I had no address where to return the item. They reopened my case, sent me the address, and again gave me only 3 days to respond. I returned the item immediately and now saw that The Home Depot has another 30 days to respond. This is ridiculous. I was told I would receive my refund immediately after returning the item, but am to this day still waiting.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

My daughter got a flat 4k miles from home and needed $300. I sent it through Pay Pal out of my checking account not realizing that was going to take up to 2 weeks to transfer so I called them to try to fix it. I had to send another $310 (leaving my account with $40) for it to get to her right away. Now that was on Dec 31. It is now Jan 21 and I still don't have my money back which they are only giving me $290 of. I can't tell you how many times I spoke to these people. I will just take the money lost as a lesson learned TO NEVER USE PAY PAL AGAIN! I don't want to see anyone get burned the way I did especially if you've fallen on hard times like so many of us have.... There are lots of options out there and with better service. Best of luck everyone!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

They are disgusting. Blocking your transactions and not allowing you to do what is your personal choice only what “their system “allows you to do. They blocked me without any reason and my funds and when I was asking them to “free” me they said that “system“ made this choice and I have to waits 5 days before they let me use my funds. Terrible!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

Paypal international transfer. Avoid like plague. More of the same story here: as an expat used PayPal's service via Xoom to transfer money to my mother back home. The first two transfers went through fine, but the third one (same sum) Xoom suddenly found "suspicious". Xoom demanded some additional documents like bank statements, payslips, proof of address etc. which I have provided in good faith that this will resolve it. It didn't. The third transfer was canceled nonetheless. Fine. So I just use another service (use google wise-ly wink wink) and my Mum received it in 10 minutes. End of story? It just begins..

Because Xoom charged PayPal but 4 days after the cancellation still haven't reimbursed the money, PayPal charged my linked bank account so suddenly I am in thousands of overdraft! In PayPal web UI the transfer was stuck in "Refund Pending" while Xoom was outright lying in my face that they see no problem in their system and the money was already sent back so buzz off. After 3 more days, a few shouty phone calls with the useless customer service and some never answered emails I felt lucky to even have my money back..

Based on similar stories I found on the internet starting from 2014 this unethical practice to hold back clients' money as long as possible (refund took 6 work days instead of the promised 4) is business as usual at Xoom and it hasn't changed even after PayPal bought them, you can find countless stories like mine, so they know what they are doing. And PayPal knows too, and they are fine with it, so I treat them in this story as absolutely complicit.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

Don't trust your refund policy terms of service or PayPal to actually keep you safe from being scammed as a seller. Many times they have sided with deceitful buyers in my experience. I wonder why they even call it PayPal BUSINESS. The customer can say item not as described even when it, in fact, is, and get still get the refund. Sometimes even keeping the product as well. The customer is NOT always right and PayPal should take a look at what the seller has to say because most of the time they just ignore your response and quickly want you to give up the fight and refund or put your account into the negative, even though they get to keep the seller's fee. What an absolute JOKE.

PayPal author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

PayPal was founded in 1998, and eBay acquired it in 2002. The company now has nearly 200 million active customers, and in 2015 the company hosted approximately 4.9 billion transactions. Customers in more than 200 countries can use the company’s services and hold money in their accounts in 25 different currencies. Consumers can use the service to transfer money to other individuals, pay bills, make online purchases, make donations and obtain financing.

• Online payments: Consumers can use PayPal to check out on millions of websites. Those who are uncomfortable putting their credit card information on lots of different sites can pay with PayPal, ensuring their information is stored with a single company.

• Credit: PayPal Credit is the company’s financing option, which lets customers have flexible payment options. It can be used online, in stores and even to send money to someone else. Availability is subject to credit approval.

• App: Using the PayPal app, customers can make purchases in brick-and-mortar stores with their PayPal account, send money from their mobile device and check out with PayPal when shopping on their device. The app is available for Apple, Android and Microsoft devices.

• Recurring payments: Consumers can use their PayPal account to set up recurring payments for subscriptions for a variety of services, including Spotify, Netflix, Angie’s List, match.com, ancestry.com and more.

• Fees: Customers do not pay fees when they make a purchase with their PayPal account. When consumers send money to another individual’s PayPal account and use money already in their PayPal account or in a bank account linked to their PayPal account, there is no fee.

PayPal Company Information