1.05/5
Based on 461 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1959 PayPal Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

Apparently PayPal had a system glitch where all their pending charges were dropped and never processed. The money was withdrawn and then put back into our accounts. I would take $300 out from an ATM, and the following day they would put it back in. This glitch reportedly took place over span of a few weeks. So almost three months later, PayPal decides to collect on their mistake, by retro charging all the charges that occurring during that time period, on one day, in a span of 2 minutes. I had nearly $300 in my account and then I was in the hole by $2,5K.

The problem is that they can't verify where these charges stemmed from. They have a date, but whether the charge is fabricated or not is questionable. The problem is that, if I withdraw $300 from my account, which I seldom have more than a $1K in it, I would know immediately if monies were put back in. The problem is that my accountant cannot place to whom the payment was made to, because PayPal doesn't have a record of it or cannot relay that to us. The problem is that, all these charges are duplicates. The problem is that I feel that this is system failure and that to back charge customers all at once for a mistake that occurred over a period of several weeks creates intense hardship for many users.

The problem is that their mistake went on for several weeks. The problem is that they did not alert their customers of this mistake and did not warn them before running these retro charges. I used to love PayPal, but now they are nothing short of a lot of highway robbers. I have more than a handful of users that are filing a class-action lawsuit against them. If you are interested, please do a search for "iamteejay" on the web and reach out to me.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I ordered an item from a company, who ended up being Chinese, and received absolutely zero support from PayFail (yes, that's the right spelling). Given the runaround for months and these ** didn't do ** for me as the consumer. ** these **. And drop the video game you ignorant **!!! #corporategreed

Get expert buying tips about Money Transfer and International Money Transfer delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I filed a dispute for two items that I did not receive from the seller as part of my huge $2766 order. 49 days and 37 lengthy phone calls later PayPal dispute team asks me to ship back the item to receive a refund and to respond in 15 days with the tracking number. I responded to them within in an hour asking how did they expect me to return an item that I never received and the reason I filed the dispute in the first place. The next day they had denied my claim and closed the case with a reason that I did not return the item back to the seller. This must be a joke.

Now I have far exceeded the time I could have worked for a resolution directly with the seller. Seller refuses to send me the two items or give me a refund saying I have exceeded the 60 days limit and since I filed a dispute I lost the privileges for a claim. Earlier PayPal customer service asked me not to respond to seller’s request outside the PayPal claim when they asked me to withdraw the case so they will issue me a refund.

My claim was unreasonably denied. Their dispute process sucks. Those people in the back office don’t understand plain English nor read through documents or follow their own steps and processes. I have since appealed my case and had it reopen but I doubt this is going to be positive. I can’t wait for this dispute to be over so I can close my account and take my business elsewhere. They don’t stand behind your purchases.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Ever had your account limited? Ever got answer other than we dont want to business you? They are just another BIG liberal silicon valley company. I wish that another kicks them off the top and not based in the valley. I used them for years then this bs. Goodbye to bad rubbish.

Original review: June 18, 2018

It took me 4 days and 24 customer service representatives and 8.5 hours on the phone to get PayPal to close an account. They absolutely do the utmost to not let you leave their system. In the end we had to close eBay account and cancel credit card and change banks to get away from their system. It was a total nightmare. PayPal has the worst customer service I have dealt with anywhere. I was misled, lied to, stalled, then lied to some more. Told the same old lies from so many reps it was unbelievable.. I was told I had to wait anywhere from 8 hours to 6 months to close the account by so may reps that it was hard to keep track. In the end I had to defund them by disconnecting funding sources to even get them to formally contact me. That got their attention. I feel sorry for anyone dealing with their customer service reps. They don`t know diddly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal?

Original review: June 16, 2018

Paypal is not your pal. If a company can be judged by how it supports you when you are into trouble, and not when everything goes smoothly, then Paypal gets a big Fail. I used Paypal for almost ten years to collect payments for online sales of my photographs on reputed sites. I was based in UAE at this time, and everything was fine as long as all my transactions were from same country. But things went south when I moved back home (India) permanently and wanted to withdraw money from my account. The PayPal customer service informed me that I should open a new Paypal account in India, and transfer funds from my UAE account.

So I moved to India and did as they advised. That’s when I got notification to submit my ID documents, which I promptly did. But they said it's invalid as it showed me as a resident of India instead of UAE. Then I started communicating with them regarding the issue and explained that I have moved back to India, opened new account in order to transfer the funds as per the advice of Paypal’s own customer service. But I was told that it is illegal to operate my account from a different country... and my original Paypal Account was blocked. My 12k USDs were at stake, and that when my real ordeal started.

I had to keep fighting with them for almost 10 months. The time it took to get the money wasn’t the major issue for me. But the most frustrating, irritating, sickening and horrible part was the way Paypal - a so called professional multinational, handled this case. Firstly, they refused to accept every document I submitted as it showed me as an Indian resident. Whenever messages are sent through my Paypal account, they never bother to reply, except for an automated reply. Then I started following up over the phone calls (blowing up a lot of cash on expensive international calls). The biggest obstacle to any solution was that each time I call them, I have to start from scratch as I am put on to a different customer service person.

And there seemed to be no uniform answer to my issue. Everyone I spoke during ten months of my ordeal gave me complete contradictory info from 'we cannot unblock your account' to 'There is no major issue. Money will be transferred within two days'. Most of the customer support acted as if they are dumb. Or maybe that is Paypal’s strategy to hold customers' funds and earn on interest... you never know. When I realised it’s a waste of time talking to these powerless call center guys (they are based in Ireland), I decided to contact their USA service centre. It was difficult to get any other number other than the common line. But I finally managed to speak to the USA team. They sounded bit more informed and polite. But it still wasn’t of much help to me.

Finally I had enough, and demanded a precise answer for my question: ‘Does the money in a Paypal account belong to Paypal if the account holder has to leave the country from where he is operating?' No one gave me straight answer. They started beating around the bush. Calls kept transferred to superiors. Finally I was put onto a senior chap. According to him I should have closed the account before leaving the country. I said fair enough (though this info must have buried in fine print). But I asked him why I shouldn’t sue Paypal's customer service who misled me by saying I should open a new Paypal account and transfer funds. Or why Paypal doesn't have mechanism to verify account holder? After half an hour of debate (and 10 months of nonsense) he unlocked the account. I quickly hit the transfer button and bingo, the money appeared in my Indian account. And that was it. My long running saga was done.

So folks, here are a few things I learned about Paypal the hard way: If you are travelling outside the country where you have a Paypal account, please don’t operate your account. They will know it from the IP address and may block you. (This action can be understood to protect your money. But if you get into mess you will have hard time communicating with those dumbos to prove your identity, like my case). If you are leaving the country permanently PLS DO NOT FORGET TO CLOSE THE ACCOUNT AND TAKE YOUR MONEY. Don’t listen to any of their **.

If possible go with other players and give them chance to grow. Paypal's monopoly is what making them arrogant and ruthless company. Having said it, you may not have an alternative to the monopolistic Paypal. So use it wisely. NEVER KEEP MONEY PARKED IN IT. I quit Paypal after this painful experience and use alternatives like Payoneer. I became Paypal Hater. Take care of your hard earned money. Best of luck.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I purchased an item on eBay. I was later informed the eBay seller's account was compromised and eBay asked me to contact PayPal to get a refund. I contacted PayPal and I was told the I would be refunded in 5 working days. After 5 working days I noticed I have not been refunded the money and contacted PayPal again. I was told by the PayPal agent that the money could not be paid back to my credit card and the only option was to credit my PayPal account which I did not want to do on the first place. If something goes wrong with any transaction do not accept PayPal to be helpful or do what they suppose to do. They are a terrible company.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My funds as a new customer were held 21 days the email stated but if I mark the sold item (it was a service) as processed it would only (!) take 7 days. I could not mark the service to processed. SooOn 6/12/2018 I called PayPal service and after endless loops finally reached a customer representative. He seemed helpful after he heard my issue and said he would mark the item as processed and as soon as the buyer confirms this, the funds would be released. I was happy, texted my customer who was more than willing to help.

However it turned out the PayPal employee had lied and done none of the things he said he did! I just (6/14) called back and although this employee did nothing to appease me she did walk me through the steps to change the status, PayPal charges an arm and a leg (3%), keeps the funds at least 3-7 days (working capital for them to make money of) - worse than a bank, going back to wires and checks! Cost a fraction to nothing and are available within a day!! Worst: lying employees! Untrustworthy!! Was my first and last transaction with PayPal.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I received a refund from my seller (friend / family), and was notified by e-mail that "Money is waiting for you." So far, so good. I click on it and there is some message about "claim your refund" within 30 days or lose it. Lose it? Claim where? I got confused. In brief, I clicked through and ended up mistakenly SENDING THE REFUND BACK TO THE SELLER!!! WHAT??!! I'm sorry, but that is very poor user-interface design. It should be very obvious to customers what they are doing--say, like having clearer language and maybe a warning: "By continuing, you are sending this money BACK TO THE SELLER." I checked with the seller, and they claim that no money was sent back to them. Thus, as far as I am concerned, PayPal ripped me off $270.00. I used it for five years, but no more.

Original review: June 13, 2018

After 5 year using PayPal service, suddenly they blocked account and we can not withdrawal or use money anymore. We provide all documents to unblock account, but all of them was reject. So at the registration time all these docs was approve, but after 5 years what happen? Account was blocked for a year and there is no way to get money out.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Every time I send money to my mom. It’s always an issue. They delay everything. I send money so she can use it immediately and every time I try and give them a chance. I always have to end up cussing them out! PayPal is a JOKE and I recommend that you try another way of sending money line like Cash App or even Facebook Messenger. What PayPal puts people through is ridiculous... If I could put 0 stars!! I would!

Original review: June 11, 2018

After speaking with a customer service rep I asked to speak to his manager and was told he is only there for administration issues not customer service. Well then is he the Admin manager or the Customer Service manager. The person on the phone talked down to me and continued to talk over me. I will be taking my business somewhere that appreciates their customers and the money they make from us.

Original review: June 10, 2018

According to PayPal, funds from an individual's PERSONAL account must be returned to friends or family from your personal account when requested thru bank. A friend sent money for a hotel that I prepaid (for a trip later in the year) via PayPal. Two months later she changed her mind and requested a refund from me via PayPal. I didn't accept her refund request. She disputed the request with PayPal and it was denied. Then she reported the transaction to her bank as fraudulent activity and PayPal refunded the money. PayPal would not let me dispute the transaction online or over the phone. They said I do not have seller's protection, so there is nothing I can do. I said, "I am not a seller, only a friend. It was not a business transaction." Now I have a substantial NEGATIVE PayPal balance. DON'T USE PAYPAL for sending money to friends/family/business use a cash app/credit card.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I enjoy using PayPal and never had a problem until now. PayPal's Dispute Department is crazy and may be possibly taking money. I had a client who had taken out 4 different cases on me in less than 5 minutes. One of the cases he lied and said I went into his account. I never take card info. The clients are sent invoices or links. The guy obviously lied and I provided over 17 documents detailing my work and that this client was scamming everyone. The client and I clashed when he wanted us to pursue an arbitration company for an award letter in which he was never given. The client then made threats to lie to PayPal among other things, because in our research on his case, we discovered with the same arbitration company he had several cases all bogus cases where he did not provide documentation. He has taken out 8 cases against other financial institutions to get money.

Not only did the guy open 3 false cases with PayPal, but he changed the offense every time. I thought surely PayPal would not favor his side but they did. With all the direct information I provided even the emails showing that even AIG, whom he was trying to get a claim with, advised that they cannot open an case about a claim without an account number or any documentation. So I appealed the case with PayPal, in which one of their workers discovered that someone erased all the information in one of my disputes. This was a Discovery sheet that I had to provide the client which I showed my work. The client has signed with me before and PayPal has that receipt as well.

Now the first time they sent me an email stating they sided with the client because I never delivered the item. WHAT ITEM? I DO NOT SELL ITEMS. So some dummy based my case off of eBay policies. I have a services. And not only was this person trying to extort me for money, they actually admitted to killing someone. So I did the right things and now I'm being punished because some people in the dispute department need to go back to 3rd grade. PayPal has to take responsibility for this laziness and investigate their dispute department. There is no way all of these cases which are obvious scammers are getting away because these people are this dumb. They are stealing money somehow... mark my words.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Representatives are foreign and very hard to understand. I have had several negative experiences with them over transactions where PayPal was used. Seems like no one there cares about customer service.

Original review: June 5, 2018

This crazy company limited 180 days my account without clear reason. That is a ** that it is for security reason, if it is for security, it should fix when client prove their identity, but the idiot PayPal always bubbling it is not valid. I think this is about: You make customer money as an investment to your company. Security without conclusion is **. You do not make customers feel safe with it. Everyone is always afraid of making mistakes because your crazy rule. PayPal is ** idiot, criminal and too many monopolies.

Original review: June 5, 2018

My account read that I made a purchase at Swimoutlet.com for 549.99 on February 12, 2018. I reported I did not make that purchase. I was told Swimoutlet.com refunded the money to PayPal but it is still on my statement accruing interest. I called and was on hold for 2 hours and transferred to 4 different people and then I was disconnected! I have called numerous times only to be transferred back and forth with no help except one person who said she knew exactly what was going on because she had dealt with it before. Her name was Yolanda and she escalated my situation. I since then have been emailing them and still no help!! You can not call and ask for anyone specific so I can't get a hold of Yolanda! I have no idea what else to do! Not one other person knows what they are doing! Below is a copy of my current statement.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Four years ago I got married and tried to change my name on my PayPal account. I have sent all the required paperwork which they have said is not valid so my name is not changed. When calling customer service they become disrespectful and rude and then tell you to just close the account and start a new one because PayPal is free. I see that is, "We are lazy and don't want to help the customers." Maybe everyone should find other companies to work with so PayPal has no one?

Original review: June 3, 2018

I have an account needed to be deleted from PayPal and the app said I cannot do it. So I called their customer services. Paypal hired people who doesn't speak good English. The girl Arena tried to help me and she cannot even understand my question is and cannot help me at all. I wasted tons of time talking to her on the phone and get nothing done. I won't use PayPal again. I've just deleted this app from my phone. This company has poor customer services.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I stupidly ordered a Google Home Max from this scam site, 50flashsale.com, which says I received my product 4 days ago, but apparently the Google Home Max weighs 36 pounds and was delivered to a dock somewhere even though I live in a house. I reported his info to PayPal. PayPal took all of 10 minutes to reject a claim for a Product I never received. They are not safe! They support scam sites!

Original review: June 1, 2018

I tried calling about an overcharge from PayPal. Got the Phillippines. Person on the phone would not proceed without my social security number or my bank account number. VERY creepy. Of course, I did not provide either. So just be careful. This company has no service - or morals.

Original review: June 1, 2018

The worst possible customer service imaginable. Have been waiting for these idiots to release my money for the past week. Called and spoke with one PayPal idiot yesterday, and they claim the reason is because my auction stated I mailed it UPS. I said no, it said USPS. Just look at the auction. They say they don't do that, they just go by what the screen in front of them says. They obviously can't even think past what their screen says. I had to ask to speak with 2 different supervisors before I got one with some sense.

We called eBay on 3 way and they confirmed that it does, indeed, say USPS. Which they could have known simply by going to the auction URL. They tell me I can transfer my funds to my bank in 30 minutes. When I tried, I get a message saying my funds have been put on hold for another 72 hours for security purposes. I called them yet again and these idiots say it's because I'm a new seller? Yeah, right. I've been selling on eBay for 20 years! These people are all about delays and excuses. They don't care, as long as they get their money. Screw everybody else. I read that Trump helped to found PayPal. Why am I not surprised?

Original review: May 31, 2018

I had dispute with 3 merchant that I order from and I didn’t received the items that I order. I contacted the merchant first they was no help and they said to dispute it with PayPal. So I dispute the transaction with PayPal and they said that the merchant sent them tracking information and it shows it was delivered and I kept telling them that I don’t have the items. I also returned some items and gave the tracking information and they still sided with the merchant. They never asked me if I wanted the merchant resend the items or what they said the merchant showed them the tracking information and it was delivered. Why would I file a dispute if I had the item and they was left on the porch. I was not at home when the items came and they want me to pay for something I DON’T HAVE. I see they are not for their customer they are for the seller. Shame on PayPal. I won’t be using them ever again.

Original review: May 30, 2018

PayPal works in old style - making a mess with your money. It happens very often. You can call them and hear that your balance is ZERO, you need to talk with any useless polite to find out about your money. They don't transfer your money very often - you made a payment but it wasn't received but withdrawn from Paypal account and they don't inform you about this. They just took it and keep. And again you need to spend 2-3 hours, speaking with these impudent, silly, useless people from PayPal, until someone will suddenly realise what is going on in their BIG MESS!! When all this ** system will be replaced AI and all this useless will be kicked out, on a street, at last. WHEN?!! I become mad until it happens... Surviving in this silly reality.

Original review: May 29, 2018

First off. ** PayPal!!! This is the worst experience I have ever had to deal with. As far as retail. Etc is concerned. They have been giving me the runaround for the past 4 days. I have a balance on my PayPal. But apparently I can not use it. I have contacted customer service several times over the past few days. I call them now only to curse them out. Something happened, and they have somehow frozen my account. I was spending money, and then it just stopped. Now I cannot do anything. I cannot transfer money to anyone. I cannot even buy a gift card from PAYPAL GIFTS!!! I cannot make any purchases using my PayPal... Anywhere. They have somehow frozen my account. And no one can fix it or even tell me that it's frozen. All they keep doing is telling me to contact my card issuer.

HOW THE ** DOES MY DEBIT CARD HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ME NOT BEING ABLE TO USE MY PAYPAL BALANCE??! Sheesh these people are so dumb. It's like they don't even care lol. One guy said... "Wait 24hours and I can guarantee it will work again." LIES!!! 48 HOURS LATER! I have to send someone money. This is insane. This is making me look bad to my customers... Etc. This is crazy. I am sure someone at PayPal can be more helpful than this. Maybe I need to keep calling until I get one that actually has a brain and cares? The lady yesterday transferred me to PayPal card services when I don't even have a PayPal card lol. Very terrible!

Original review: May 28, 2018

How PayPal just blocked and deleted my posts from the PayPal page when I reported them about the fraud company they are supporting. My post to PayPal requesting help: "We paid more than 30k USD to one overseas development company (Weblink India Pvt Ltd, India) via PayPal. The company who had failed to deliver our various projects which we settled with them in last six years. The company has breached every single contract (failed to deliver). This company is a complete fraud company in today’s online world and must be blacklisted".

We ask PayPal. How the customers are protected who settled some projects and the delivery date is been stretched above six months and the customer doesn’t get the product which they paid for. This means there is no payment protection to the customer whose payments went above 180 days. The fraud company just walks away with the hard earn money which the customer paid them. The company is based overseas and nothing can be done. Why PayPal can’t do anything? You guys are still helping the fraud company getting them money from the other customers who are not aware about this company. The payment we made to them is not a small payment. The various payments total goes above 30k USD. There are thousands of reviews about this company online. Every single customer has declared them fraud and cheater.

Last week we had conversation with Mr **. PayPal Senior UK dispute Department manager based in New Castle. We explained him the entire case and he mentioned the payments are above 180 days therefore PayPal can’t do anything. We request PayPal to please reopen our dispute cases. The money we paid to this fraud company is hard earned. I worked nearly 18 hours every day to earn this money and paid them to grow my business. We got thousand of emails which Mr. ** from PayPal asked me to forward @ service@paypal.com. Received automatic email saying I won’t receive any response to this email.

Response from PayPal: "Hi **, I understand your frustration in this matter. We can only offer protection on claims that are filed within the 180-day timeframe. I am very sorry that we cannot accept claims that are opened outside the 180 days. Every claim that is made will be noted as a case on the seller's account and if we receive multiple cases against a seller we will investigate this and take steps against the seller. If needed we can block the account and do not let them use our service. However, we will not be able to refund any of the payments if they are outside the 180 days timeframe. I apologize for any inconvenience but there really is nothing else we can do."

Original review: May 28, 2018

Have been a long time user of PayPal, back when Elon Musk started it and have been very happy, have had multiple claims from fraudulent sellers but no major issues till just now, ordered a deep blend hoodie from a seller, it was presented as a warm garment for winter, when it arrived I was shocked to find the item was made of fabric thinner than my t-shirts for summer. I contacted the seller but no response until I filed a dispute in PayPal. He offered me a 25 dollar refund or told me to send the item back for a full refund. I sent it back and advised PayPal of the situation, they said they would conduct a full investigation and get back to me.

I waited, and waited and waited, a couple of weeks later I logged into the resolution center to check the status of the claim, no trace was to be found anywhere, took me two days to figure out how to contact them by email, so I rattled off an angry email to PayPal asking what the status of the claim was, received an automated email back containing the information of their policies and told to message them back if I wanted more information. So I wrote them another email asking them to explain the situation further as I need a person to talk to. Checked on the status when I got home from work, the messages were deleted and the case disappeared again and no notification was in sight regarding the issue.

So this time I got the ** and rang, and asked the representative why the case was closed and I not notified as per the decision, she did not respond to my questions. She said she has opened the case to carry out a further investigation and asked me to email proof of shipping of the item back to the seller. I did this, now am waiting again. Don't know what will happen but I am not holding my breath, seems when they want to they can be helpful, when they don't they can be **. Don't know who has taken over or what has happened to the company structure but they are about to lose a crapload of customers including myself. Might as well pay by bank transfer, have no more buyer protection through them anymore. Very sad day... If not for buyer protection, no-one would use them.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Awful experience. I been working with them for over 3 months and I had the worst experience of my life. This company makes it impossible to get your money. They have one job, collect and dispense your funds, butttt NO! They pretty much make you have to beg them to issue you their money. They have no unification in the company. You call customer service and if someone in Indian answer, you call back someone in TX answer, call back someone in Atlanta answer. And, all of them act like, "We will determine when WE feel like we will give you your money. We may manually release or we will decide if we don’t want to." It completely a mess! Please go to another processing company, I left and I am working with Stripe and Square now. Please don’t do it to yourself. Also, they randomly suspended my account, and their excuse was, "You processing a lot of transaction…" Isn’t that what I'm suppose to do!!! They make no sense!!!

Original review: May 26, 2018

This was my first experience using PayPal to bill. I sent a money request for on May 16th for $900.00. Today is the 25th of May and I still have not received any money. It was withdrawn immediately from the other parties account. The funds went into limbo until May 22nd. Pay Pal notified me the funds had been released. I had already done this but I checked the box that I wanted the funds to go to my bank accounts ATM card, which is only supposed to take a couple of minute. It did not appear in my account.

I called again and spoke to the third world clerk who replied that the funds were still being reviewed. That was three days ago and still no money. I filed a complaint with the Office of the Comptroller, but that does not help me because of the time it takes to resolve this. WARNING: DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. It is worse than a nightmare. Bank of America and others have started using Zell, with no fee, and, no ridiculous delays while PAYPAL plays with everyone money. DO NOT USE!

Original review: May 25, 2018

This company operates on delays. There is legal lines they cross with lies and bad business practices. I’ve been trying for days to have access to my own money to no avail. Their website keeps showing errors and the customer support gives me the runaround. All I wanted to know is where my money is. Simple question that 10 calls, 7 hours and 3 days later and still no answer. They make money off of delays so the worse they are the more money they make. I can’t wait to get somebody I don’t like with PayPal by sending them a little money and watch how much stress it takes them to access their funds.

PayPal expert review by ConsumerAffairs

PayPal was founded in 1998, and eBay acquired it in 2002. The company now has nearly 200 million active customers, and in 2015 the company hosted approximately 4.9 billion transactions. Customers in more than 200 countries can use the company’s services and hold money in their accounts in 25 different currencies. Consumers can use the service to transfer money to other individuals, pay bills, make online purchases, make donations and obtain financing.

• Online payments: Consumers can use PayPal to check out on millions of websites. Those who are uncomfortable putting their credit card information on lots of different sites can pay with PayPal, ensuring their information is stored with a single company.

• Credit: PayPal Credit is the company’s financing option, which lets customers have flexible payment options. It can be used online, in stores and even to send money to someone else. Availability is subject to credit approval.

• App: Using the PayPal app, customers can make purchases in brick-and-mortar stores with their PayPal account, send money from their mobile device and check out with PayPal when shopping on their device. The app is available for Apple, Android and Microsoft devices.

• Recurring payments: Consumers can use their PayPal account to set up recurring payments for subscriptions for a variety of services, including Spotify, Netflix, Angie’s List, match.com, ancestry.com and more.

• Fees: Customers do not pay fees when they make a purchase with their PayPal account. When consumers send money to another individual’s PayPal account and use money already in their PayPal account or in a bank account linked to their PayPal account, there is no fee.

• Best for: PayPal is best for individuals who want to make payments online with more security and/or transfer money to family and friends.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs