2.98/5
Based on 2,115 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

PayPal

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

PayPal Reviews

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I know other customers aren't pleased with PayPal, but they've always treated me with respect, honesty, and great customer service. I've never used any other of PayPal's departments so I can't review them, but the online shopping verification process that I use to purchase items online from other companies is in my opinion absolutely great. I've not had a big problem other than a website who used PayPal to get payments. This company ripped me off, and PayPal took care of that problem. They refunded my money and I hope they went after this website for their terrible service and lying. But when I went to PayPal and explained what this website had done PayPal processed a refund for me. PayPal has always treated me right. I don't know why other people state in their reviews negative things and I don't care, I just know what PayPal has done for me and I'll definitely keep using them.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Would have given them no stars if possible. Indian call centre. All they do is send you generic answers and do not actually read what your concern is. 30 minute call the first time and told it was being sorted, told I would get an e-mail once it had been fixed by the technical team. 2nd phone call 40 minutes (on hold most of the time). Eventually got through to a manager. What a joke he was. If he's a manger then I am Boris Johnson. Absolutely fuming. PAYPAL get a grip and employe people who are trained to do the job.

Get expert buying tips about Money Transfer delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I have seen some people rant and rave that certain information was needed to resolve their case. It's typically proof of delivery and things like that. I don't blame PayPal for requiring I prove an item never arrived when tracking says otherwise. As someone who runs a company and deals with the same situation, I'd say it's fair practice. Once I contacted UPS and received their delivery information and presented it to PayPal, boom! I got my refund. Keep in mind, tracking is NOT proof, request GPS location of scan, label information (could be address wrong), etc. If they made it too easy, it would be taken advantage of and buyer protection would likely no longer exist.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

During Black Friday I purchased 4 orders from Finish Line, come Cyber Monday all of the orders were canceled and "refunded". I contact them and I get told to wait, so I did. After 48 hours I email them again, I get told to again wait. So I do, after another few days I'm frustrated and get told to wait again. Finally they say that on their end the money has already went through and I should have it. They told me to call PayPal, I was transferred to a specialist (Arin, or Aaron) who actually wanted to help me, but he said that Finish Line had to authorize the refund and PayPal literally couldn't do anything till they do. I said that it's been over a week since they "refunded" me, I ask if I can get into a 3-way call with Finish Line and he agrees.

Arin completely explained what was going on to the Finish Line rep and told her that PayPal couldn't release the funds to me since Finish Line hadn't given them the funds to begin with. The Finish Line rep then escalates the case and says to wait 24 hours. At this point I'm fuming mad because I've already waited so long, but thanks to Arin I've made huge progress than I would've on my own. I thank Arin for staying on the line with me to discuss with Finish Line. Just a minute ago I got my full refund. So thank you Arin, the best customer service I've had in a long time.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Hi. I just wanted to write a review and to say a Big Thank you to the customer service and people who helped me to resolve my issue with Siren Ltd company and manage to get me the refund from them. After the company treated me so badly and they didn't provide service I paid for and they refused to pay me a refund. PayPal stepped out and managed to get the refund back from them. Thank you so much for your support. Without you I wouldn't be able to get any hold of my money back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I sold a cell phone on ebay, for $200. My personal phone, which I had purchased on ebay in Sept (2019) but decided on an iphone instead. So rather than the nice Samsung collecting dust, I sold it. OMG. I got the hold placed on my account (now $190 after fees). They acted like I was some international criminal, I swear. I had to "prove" who I am, and then they made me also submit a copy of my license through their chat. Any other company would always caution never to send personal info over chat. But, if I did not, they refused to take the hold off my account, and even said that if I didn't submit it, they'd restrict my account even further by Dec. 24. Not sure how much worse it can get?

So that's now two copies of my license, AND I had to submit a RECEIPT proving that I'd bought the phone. I did that, and I also pointed out that it had been purchased from a high-volume seller on Ebay, who has wonderful feedback. PP had the receipt, the order number, everything. They still refused to take off the hold. So as of now, I am out one cell phone, and $190. I can make it without the money, it's the principle. All they required me to do, was provide tracking, which I did same day. I have screenshots of all of this, and their "customer service" help. I can tell you that I won't be going through this kind of stress ever again.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

We sold 2 individual boots on eBay that were the same price. When their client received both boots, they called Visa and canceled their visa saying they received 1 pair. Paypal does not protect the seller! They let THIEFS not pay for the payments that were paid on Ebay. Ebay is not with them anymore and they are starting a copy in a few months like PayPal. PAYPAL doesn't help their clients, they are known to let the dishonest people steal. Ebay said this customer stole, and Paypal did not acknowledge their client was a thief.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I've been a client of PayPal for at least a dozen years or more. I had a large transaction through my new website. They put a hold on the funds. I uploaded all their requirements i.e. driver's license, etc. When I called they said the transaction was "out of the ordinary" so they needed at least 3 days to release the funds. Or hold part of the funds for "security". A few hours later I tried to buy something - a small item for $12 - and PayPal denied the transaction. They completely froze my account. I'm being treated like a criminal for doing business on my website. From their response you would think I was laundering money for a Colombian drug cartel!

I'm issuing a refund to the client which they have to honor. It's a total loss for my business as I have no guarantee that the client will pay for the item which they received another way. A warning to anyone doing business on the internet. Do not offer a PayPal option at your website. If you're flagged, you're going to lose a ton of money which you will never recover. PayPal will still collect their fees - but you'll never get your money. I'm being charged fees for monies which I probably will never receive. They've locked it up and give absolutely no explanation as to why or when you'll receive your money. So my business is actually out of business until I find another payment system that's not corrupt. I'm writing my Congressperson so at least it's on the record. I don't expect they'll be able to do anything about it. PayPal put me out of business in a single day for one transaction. Think about it before you do business with them.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I called for the 3rd time to discuss a dispute that PayPal has failed to resolve. (The 2nd call resulted in my being put on hold by the representative for nearly 20 minutes before they hung up on me). I requested to speak with a supervisor or manager no less than 20 times during the call. The rep flat out refused, and instead chose to grill me, asking me to recite PayPal’s terms and conditions, and to define the word “dispute” for him. I’m disgusted. I’ve now called 3 times for the same issue, and nobody has successfully escalated my call.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I am so sorry that I was stupid enough to use PayPal for my purchase. I purchased a dog, but received the wrong one and finally got my refund from the Rescue Group. The money is sitting on my PayPal account, but couldn't transfer it back to my linked credit card, which I used for the payment. After several hours, I finally called customer service and I got transferred (after 10 minute of try) to somewhere in India. I explained everything, several times, but the PayPal employee tried talking me into keeping MY MONEY with PayPal. I kept telling him, I want it back on my credit card, as I have to pay for it soon, but their system wouldn't allow me to do it.

So finally I entered my checking account information, too, so the refund could go there. But the agent tried getting my Saving account information, too, which didn't make sense. As I explained, PayPal already had my Credit Card information and my Checking account information, so why do they want my saving account information, too. While talking to him, I kept trying transferring my Refund, but still was unsuccessful. So he suggested, I try the INSTANT Transfer, which is an $10.00 additional fee, instead of the standard free transfer. Finally after maybe twenty minutes, I got email, that my transfer is being processed (to my checking). Horrible experience with PayPal, as soon as I see MY MONEY (hopefully soon) back in my bank account, I will delete PayPal and NEVER USE IT AGAIN. NEVER! If a merchant insist I have to pay with PayPal, forget it, I will not use that merchant.

PayPal expert review by ConsumerAffairs

PayPal was founded in 1998, and eBay acquired it in 2002. The company now has nearly 200 million active customers, and in 2015 the company hosted approximately 4.9 billion transactions. Customers in more than 200 countries can use the company’s services and hold money in their accounts in 25 different currencies. Consumers can use the service to transfer money to other individuals, pay bills, make online purchases, make donations and obtain financing.

• Online payments: Consumers can use PayPal to check out on millions of websites. Those who are uncomfortable putting their credit card information on lots of different sites can pay with PayPal, ensuring their information is stored with a single company.

• Credit: PayPal Credit is the company’s financing option, which lets customers have flexible payment options. It can be used online, in stores and even to send money to someone else. Availability is subject to credit approval.

• App: Using the PayPal app, customers can make purchases in brick-and-mortar stores with their PayPal account, send money from their mobile device and check out with PayPal when shopping on their device. The app is available for Apple, Android and Microsoft devices.

• Recurring payments: Consumers can use their PayPal account to set up recurring payments for subscriptions for a variety of services, including Spotify, Netflix, Angie’s List, match.com, ancestry.com and more.

• Fees: Customers do not pay fees when they make a purchase with their PayPal account. When consumers send money to another individual’s PayPal account and use money already in their PayPal account or in a bank account linked to their PayPal account, there is no fee.

• Best for: PayPal is best for individuals who want to make payments online with more security and/or transfer money to family and friends.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs