3.4/5 (1705 ratings)

About PayPal

PayPal Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal?

Original review: April 9, 2022

I recently ordered a windmill from an online source. It eventually came from China and turned out to be an overpriced piece of junk that was poorly constructed and didn't work! It came with a small card that said " Complaint-Suggestion& Refund, Paypal and credit card takes time. Contact us: service@replygres.com Saving you time and offer you VIP service. " Turns out this site was marked as a spam site! (go figure!!). I pulled up my PayPal account and literally in less than 5 minutes had my $59.95 refunded to my credit card. Paypal's site was easy to use and certainly worthy of me taking the time to honor them with a 5 star rating!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I have used PayPal since 2001. I have never had a single problem with them. I am writing this review to let people know that you CANNOT use an Overlay Blocker on your computer when you want to add money from your bank account to your PayPal account. The Overlay Blocker blocks the page you need to use to add money. It took a while to finally figure that one out. That was not the fault of PayPal. I will continue to use it for my online purchases.

Get buying tips about Money Transfer delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I was honestly at my wit's end and didn't know where to turn to. A seller at eBay had taken advantage of me and took $198.00 from me. It may not sound like a lot but being disabled on disability it's a big amount. EBAY won't help me, so I turned to PayPal and they gave me provisional refund as long as returned the defective item to the seller at my cost. Okay so I had to pay $25 to ship it back better than losing $198. Then I come to find out that PayPal had given me an incomplete address, the same one eBay had given them and it was not complete. So now I was getting the package returned to me and I was going to be out the $25 shipping and only had till the 1/26 to return the package or they would rule the case to the seller favor..

So I called PayPal to see if I could clear it up but I wasn't holding my breath. Anyhow the representative that helped me was Candance. Oh my God what a wonderful human being with such a genuinely great soul. She not only investigated the entire case, but gave me a $25 PayPal voucher and closed my case in my favor because the seller had not provided a complete address! Something an unethical and dishonest seller would do so as to not get the defective merchandise back. Like I said OMG! I am so blessed and fortunate to have gotten Candance to help me. I was so lost and thought for sure that I had lost and been robbed of my $198 but one person that cared enough took the time to follow up and not just do her job but exceeded the job's expectations but mine as well. Please let her know what a great job she is doing!! Thank you Candance if you read this!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I had an amazing experience. I love the way your company is so direct and the clients are very nice as well. When I logged on to the internet it took me straight to the site that I wanted to go to. Is very easy to use and if I needed help was there for me. I would recommend to use this site %100. And I have recommended this site to other viewers because I love using this site so much. Thank you for letting me use this site and being so good to me.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

Paypal is extraordinary, it's not difficult to utilize and I appreciate that it's accessible on so many trader's site look at. I generally utilize that alternative when it's free, and it has set aside me cash. I requested something I'd seen on the web and never got it; took a stab at reaching the shipper twice and got no reaction either time. I put a case in on the Paypal site and after they took a stab at reaching the business I got a full discount on the buy. I like that I can have various record installment alternatives and pick assuming I need to utilize a charge or Mastercard for my buy inside the Paypal framework with a keystroke.

I likewise like having the option to return to my Paypal record and print receipts for things on the off chance that I've lost the first receipts. On the other hand, if you're a teenager without any bank cards or credit card, Paypal isn't for you. There are two reasons, first is you're below 18 years old and the last one is you cannot verify your account without bank account.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Somehow someone logged into my account and attempted to purchase. I was alerted by my credit card company, but they were not able to stop the purchases totaling $649.50. It was impossible to speak with an agent. I was hung up on and put on hold for an hour. I was finally able to speak with a supervisor who told me nothing could be done and hung up. DO NOT OPEN AN PAYPAL/VENMO ACCOUNT. I now forced to bring legal action in court in order to have my money returned.

Original review: June 29, 2022

I paid for an item via a debit card tied to my PayPal acct. The scammer withdrew the money directly from my checking acct as if it was an e-check pmt bypassing the debit card and protection plan. PayPal allowed them to do this knowing it would relieve them of any buyer protection. Neat little loophole they’ve created to rip off buyers. Do not trust PayPal. They are not secure and happy to work with scammers.

Original review: June 29, 2022

As a company whose primary business is managing money, security should be their top concern. Their website claims that it is. However, it is not possible to get in contact with a live person at PayPal to report identity theft outside of the 6 am - 6 pm PST timeframe. My son received a notification that his PayPal account had been hacked. He tried to access his account, and also change his password - but no luck. Since it was 10 pm CST, no one was available on the customer service line. He and I both looked for over an hour for a way to contact PayPal in emergency situations (i.e. someone draining your bank account through PayPal), but found nothing.

There is also no way to lock the account electronically if you can't get in to it, which is the case if the account has been stolen. As someone who works in Information Technology for a Fortune 500 company, and is very familiar with the type of threats constantly being received from hackers, this is completely unacceptable from a security standpoint.

Original review: June 29, 2022

I was scammed by a PayPal fraud (hacked into an Amazon website) and immediately went to Paypal to correct the payment. They said it was a valid charge and could not help. I then went to Wells Fargo (as it came out of my bank acct) and they also validated the charge and would not reimburse. There is no guarantee with this type of system, so if you do not know the person on the other end, DO NOT use this service.

Original review: June 23, 2022

I called customer service for help logging into my account and received none. When I click forgot password on the link to send one to my email it says. "Sorry something happened on our end," so I called customer service. They say the only way to get into my account is to give them my old card number which I no longer have. I think it's a poor setup and I won't be using again it doesn't look like.

PayPal author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

PayPal was founded in 1998, and eBay acquired it in 2002. The company now has nearly 200 million active customers, and in 2015 the company hosted approximately 4.9 billion transactions. Customers in more than 200 countries can use the company’s services and hold money in their accounts in 25 different currencies. Consumers can use the service to transfer money to other individuals, pay bills, make online purchases, make donations and obtain financing.

• Online payments: Consumers can use PayPal to check out on millions of websites. Those who are uncomfortable putting their credit card information on lots of different sites can pay with PayPal, ensuring their information is stored with a single company.

• Credit: PayPal Credit is the company’s financing option, which lets customers have flexible payment options. It can be used online, in stores and even to send money to someone else. Availability is subject to credit approval.

• App: Using the PayPal app, customers can make purchases in brick-and-mortar stores with their PayPal account, send money from their mobile device and check out with PayPal when shopping on their device. The app is available for Apple, Android and Microsoft devices.

• Recurring payments: Consumers can use their PayPal account to set up recurring payments for subscriptions for a variety of services, including Spotify, Netflix, Angie’s List, match.com, ancestry.com and more.

• Fees: Customers do not pay fees when they make a purchase with their PayPal account. When consumers send money to another individual’s PayPal account and use money already in their PayPal account or in a bank account linked to their PayPal account, there is no fee.

PayPal Company Information