3.8/5 (694 ratings)

About PayPal

PayPal Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal?

Original review: May 31, 2022

This used to be a good online banking option but these days the customer service is poor. I recently lost my son and had to close his PayPal account and sent them all the requested paperwork that I had, and it has been almost 2 months with no results. I'm waiting for help again and have been waiting for ten minutes. The customer service is poor. I am writing the correct authorities to report them.

Original review: May 26, 2022

My teenage son had opened an account but never used it! I receive all his emails. The other day I see an unauthorized charge for money sent to someone outside this country. I called right away and they wouldn't stop the transaction. They let it go through even though it was fraudulent. I filed a dispute and they denied it. They kept telling me to file a dispute with my bank. My teenager has a debit card with Greenlight for kids. They denied my dispute. I don't understand how paypal does not do a KYC verification as the account should have never existed since my son is a minor

Original review: May 24, 2022

Today, I had difficulty logging into my PayPal account. This was because, after I entered my email and password, I was directed to a screen stating that a security screening was necessary. There were only two (2) options for this screening: call or text. Either would be to a phone number I used in a different province, that has been out of service for approximately five (5) years. Therefore, I was unable to log into my account.

I promptly phoned customer service, with the notion of changing the phone number for the security screening. When I spoke to an agent, I provided all information they asked for. I was then told that my account could not be "fully validated" without the full address I had when I created my PayPal account. I gave them my current address, as well as both addresses I had when I had the expired phone number mentioned above. For one of the addresses, I had to dig through my email for a lease renewal from 2013. None of these matched their system.

I asked if there was any other information I could give: date of birth, SIN, and I even jokingly offered to share my blood type. No, the agent said, the system is asking for the full address when you created the account. I asked if they had access to anyone who could override the system request. The answer was no. This was despite, as I reminded them, that this is an e-commerce company. I am now permanently unable to log into my PayPal account. I would say I will never use your services again due to this incredibly unhelpful customer service, but in truth, that does not matter. I will never use your services again because I am incapable of logging into my account.

Original review: May 23, 2022

Awful company. Good platform for scammers. Abysmal customer service by phone. Keep you on hold hours and then disconnect. Eventually you might speak with an untrained associate. Sneaky schemes that hold your money. Sneaky fees for transfers. Stupidly long transfer times. App just sends you in circles. Any rating with five stars is an inside-job. Avoid PP if at all possible.

Original review: May 19, 2022

Do not trust this company :) They have Call Centers in India and South America. They don't have Mangaer or Supervisors to solve YOUR problem. I have a small business and PayPal made me a charge back without my authorization. I want to make a dispute and it is impossible. I've had about 20 calls and they didn't solve anything. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SYSTEM - PAYPAL- FOR BUSINESS. DON'T DO IT.

Original review: May 19, 2022

I called PayPal when a company that makes mobile phone cases (CaseBus.com) sent my package to the wrong address (I caught their mistake immediately after they sent the receipt) and refused to help me with the issue after 24+ contacts from me by calls, texts, emails all within 12 hours of purchase. PayPal Customer Service Rep "Grant" wasted my time with a quick response of "can't help you". Seriously? Paypal partners with CaseBus as you can see on their website and could easily have resolved this with a call to the company but refused. I suggest you read All the reviews on PayPal prior to using them. There are lots of high quality competitors out there.

Original review: May 17, 2022

I have been in business for fourteen years; I have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau despite not subscribing to their service; I am a leader in my industry. We're not the largest company in our industry, but we're far from the smallest, and we process a lot of transactions in a year's time. For several years now, I have used Paypal to process credit card transactions for my customers when they purchased items that we don't sell through our website, such as live fish.

They just in the last month have put a hold on multiple large transactions once the customer had paid me, despite having processed transactions as large and larger many times in the past with no holds or notice of such. I have only had one refund request in all the years I have utilized their service, and I promptly issued the refund, and that was two years ago. Their website states that you can request a higher transaction limit, but when you click on the link it takes you to a general information page with no way to make said request. I tried sending multiple requests to them for help with this matter through their contact form; no one even bothered to reply. My company did the work for which they're holding my money, three weeks ago, and they still haven't released my money. If you like being treated like dirt, use Paypal.

Original review: May 17, 2022

I bought a bra from one of these scammers in China and paid with my PayPal. I contacted Paypal for a refund since the seller was not responding and Paypal is not helping either. I will never use Paypal again.

Original review: May 14, 2022

Avoid using Paypal and boycott them. If you are a seller I won't recommend anyone to create a Paypal account. Especially small/medium businesses stay away from Paypal. You will end up getting your Paypal account banned for no reason. They will provide foolish reasons when contacted (contacting them is very difficult if you get banned, you will be blocked and your message won't get reply once you get banned) and will hold up all your money for 6 months and will end up eating your hard earned money at the end. Even if you have hold on $1 or $1 million, all your money will be transferred to Paypal before 6 months ends up. They are thiefs. Screw them.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I had switched my primary bank account funding source on May 2, 2022. I did this because I opened up a new bank account and was closing the old one. By doing this it had made, in theory, the new account listed as the primary defaulted funding source, and the old account as a back up funding source. On May 3, 2022 to May 6, 2022 I had made some charges through by debit Mastercard with them. A total of 5 charges in which they now refuse to collect the amounts on the proper primary defaulted account that I listed with them. Instead they continue to try and charge my old bank account which I have since deleted from the platform. This has caused me to incur a large amount of insufficient bank fees and the account will not close now as a result of their poor actions.

I have been on the phone with them twice, both times told that they would fix this and both times outright lied to because it keeps happening. I have resorted to electronic communication with them, and now I am on my 5th attempt to get this resolve as they keep pretending they have no idea what I am talking about. This is CRIMINAL behavior. At this point I am putting them on notice that since they do not want to do the right thing, that they are 100% responsible for all my banking fees and will be going after them for paying. On top of all this they have of course restricted my account because they refuse to collect upon the charges I made through the right bank account. Paypal is the worst and they are a rogue company now. I will not use them ever again.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I order cat litter off of an online pet store that everyone has heard of, I have it auto shipped to my house every 8 weeks, the amount is always the same, 57 dollars and some change. The other day I noticed a charge for 137 on my card that I did not place, tried to go on the pet store's website, but it kept saying my password was wrong and that my email was not correct. Called the pet stores customer service and they asked me a bunch of security questions and we finally came to realize someone accessed my account and changed the email and password and then placed an auto payment using the PayPal account I had set up for my own normal auto payments.

I opened a dispute with PayPal to get my money back as I did not place the order and PayPal denied the claim because the transaction was not unauthorized. They claim that because I have auto payments set up with the pet store I had to have placed the order since it was placed as a auto-payment. Never mind the fact that my payments are always only 57 dollars and this one was for 137 dollars, or the fact that the address it was shipping it to is not mine, the email that was used was not mine, and the name they used was not mine. Isn't this what PayPal is supposed to be used for? So people can feel safer using their cards on the internet, so they have less of a worry about what will happen in their card numbers are stolen? Wasn't that the whole point of PayPal? Worst experience ever with PayPal.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Paypal lies for the sellers selling defective parts to customers. Paypal allows them to rip you off. I had a receipt showing from a mechanic the part I bought on eBay was defective. Even with proof Paypal lied to me. Said eBay denied the claim and in fact it was Paypal that allowed them to steal from me. CROOKS!!!! STAY AWAY FROM Paypal. DO NOT TRUST THEM!!!

Original review: May 9, 2022

Online vendor had the Generator I desired! I had a debit card called DIRECT EXPRESS. PayPal was banned from paying for things by this card company! However the transaction went through no problem. I chose another Item but the card denied that purchase. Turned out it was good thing???? The company was in the UK, the site said they were slow because of Covid-19 and help was hard put to get things done. However they took my money and sent an email saying they had received my payment.

Now for PayPal: After 10 days waiting on some response I contacted PayPal. Here is what happened: First they wanted me to open and account. Which I attempted but had a voice of internet phone so did not qualify. Going to Google I found another email which was for higher up's and sent two emails stating I needed to ask for a refund and had no phone so could not open an account. However three different people all told me how to open an account one even sent video's. I replied with pictures of the transaction! But because it was not secured they never showed????

I finally gave the last person the transaction number the PayPal had sent me and said I could not open an account, YES THAT WAS THE LAST TIME I HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT IT! So I lost my money! I lost faith in the USA PayPal based in China, Run by China. I would never suggest using them! This is twice I have lost money by using them!!!! Think I would learn wouldn't you?

Original review: May 4, 2022

If you are a business owner receiving money this Corp. Blows. It seems like the more business you do with them the harder it is to receive your money. With no explanation, they will hold your money for weeks. If you believe that, that money is just sitting there and not being invested, you are naive. Their excuse is the computer system dictates how long to hold your money. No rep I spoke to via text or phone call was ever allowed to override the system no matter what documentation was provided.

I did facial recognition, uploaded my ID docs, linked bank accounts, provided tracking numbers and even did facial recognition. They would not give me my money. In fact, it is a full-time job trying to get your money because the same CPU system that controls everything won't even recognize when an item that you gave tracking info was delivered. I will no longer be part of this fraudulent company. I honestly believe they would like to hold your money so they can invest it. And you see no interest if they hold it for weeks or months at a time.

Original review: May 1, 2022

I have used Paypal for years, mostly in connection with eBay, but I recently purchased a product using Paypal that turned out not be as advertised and merchant was not honoring its return/refund guaranties. The merchant advertised product was “Made in America” but it was shipped from China. They advertised 100% money back guarantee and free shipping and returns. When I contacted merchant, they only offered a 15% discount and pointed out that shipping to China would cost over $20 (50% of the cost of the product).

Even sending merchant copies of their own ads did nothing so I filed a complaint with Paypal. I had to go through three rounds of review and appeal, providing them with copies of the ads, copies of emails, etc. It was a simple case - merchant promised 100% money back guarantee. Paypal wouldn’t enforce it. The buyer protection confidence I had using Paypal just evaporated for all future purchases. PayPal’s service was as bad as the crooked Chinese merchant.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I spend more time on phone with Paypal than employment. They have the worst services and they change dates and have it so that there aren't any fast remedies for any issue. I am leaving them ASAP. No more.

Original review: April 25, 2022

I received notice of the following via email: "You can no longer do business with PayPal. After a review of your account activity, we've determined that you're in violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. Specifically, the sale of sexually oriented materials or services. As a result, your account has been permanently limited and you won't be able to conduct any further business using PayPal. This is permitted under the PayPal User Agreement sections Restricted Activities and Actions We May Take. You must remove all references to PayPal from your website(s) and/or auction(s), including removing PayPal as a payment option, the PayPal logo, and the PayPal shopping cart."

I have NEVER sold sexually oriented materials or services. I have had my paypal account for over 10+ years. I reach out to them and they state they will request for another review and the rep cannot even begin to see what my account was basically banned. I find it absolutely horrible they can falsely accuse of such things with apparently no proof! I have heard of this happening to others solely because of their email address. That is not proof of what they are claiming, it's an email address. This is a horrible business model and even worse customer service.

I am waiting to find out what they come back with, but I am sure it will just be lip service with a closed account, that by the way was just fine until 3:03 am in the morning when they decided to send me the lovely email falsely accusing me of something I do not do. I may honestly take this to my family attorney and start arbitration just on the principle of the matter. I would recommend not doing business with Paypal and find another service.

Original review: April 23, 2022

Tried to use my debit card today and it was declined. Searched online acc't. and discovered $500 sent to PayPal. I have used PP twice in past two years. Hacker was able to infiltrate my account and change phone # and address to different state. Any email notice was sent to either my spam or came in Spanish and I assumed was spam as I don't speak or read Spanish. 3 workers from PP, Tressa (Philippines), Katie and Ian (Supervisor) managed to "accidentally" disconnect me AFTER I requested they please call me back should that happen as I've been in call queue for hours. They didn't. Be smarter than me ~ use Cash App, Venmo or Zelle. PayPal is the worst and they simply don't care. Do better or shut it down!

Original review: April 17, 2022

I have never used PayPal before so I set up a account and used it to to join social clubs. What a mistake as I never knew that these companies were allowed to take money out of my linked bank account. PayPal tells me they want proof of cancellation but I'd they actually knew the process to these things they would find out what they asked me for was a pathetic attempt to help get my money back. Nevertheless they would see I deleted the account there for I paid 6 months for a service I never got. Thanks PayPal. You showed me that you support these companies that just take our money just because they have access. I thought PayPal valued their clients and not the companies. Even to get the correct help it's insane. I would rather not use this service ever again. Don't be surprised if this happens to you. If it happened to me trust me it will happen to you in this case. I can't say losing 197 pounds was worth it. Hard lesson learned **.

Original review: April 13, 2022

Paypal charges me whatever they want! I was paying a merchant in USD, but Paypal charged my card in GBP and then converted that to USD, although my card had USD in it. The conversion fee at paypal is drastically unfair, thus I was charged much more than I was supposed to. I reached out to paypal’s customer service, and they were not able to help. The supervisor created an escalation case, which was supposed to be resolved in 24-72 hrs, but I haven’t heard anything for 3 weeks. Then I contacted paypal again, to follow up with my escalation case. I was able to get a partial refund back, but still left with some outstanding refund, that according to an agent is “due to currency conversion rate paypal is using”. To sum up: after around 2 months of communications with paypal, I got 80% refund for the loss that happened due to paypal’s awful policy - non-transparent system of charging different currencies to a bank card.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I bought an item from Dunlaptop.shop and paid through PayPal on April 4th, 2022. However, the seller never delivered anything but he still got a tracking number saying that the item was delivered to a place with the same Zip code as mine on April 5th, 2022. I disputed the case but PayPal says in favor of the seller. Ironically, the tracking number says the shipping label was created on April 2nd, 2022 (two days before my purchase). Well, it's really a poor way of resolving dispute by PayPal, all they do is just have a quick look at whatever each side provide and jump to the conclusion, protecting the scammer in this case.

Original review: April 11, 2022

I have been a loyal customer of PayPal for about three years so, I was surprised when I got an email saying I will no longer have access to my account due to too many disputes. I then called and got transferred to PayPal's account review and asked what was going on and that I wanted to dispute the case, the guy I talked to said my account had too many disputes and charge backs. I told him that I only had 5 within 3 years, he didn't seem to care.

I then asked him about my $162 I still had in my account, he said that I wouldn't be able to take out my own money for 6 months or withdraw it. I told him that I still had bills to pay and that was all the money I had for the rest of the month, he said he didn't know what to tell me. I asked him to be transferred to someone else but, he said no matter who I talked to the outcome would be the same. I started to cry over the fact that I wouldn't be able to pay the rest of my bills, his lack of caring, and being completely rude. I decided to email them instead of calling them to try to figure the problem out 5 days ago, I still haven't gotten an answer. I'm done with PayPal and will be using another company from now on.

Original review: April 10, 2022

I bought a pair of waterproof boots from a seller and the boots leaked from day 1 - I opened a dispute with Paypal and after 2 weeks, they sent me an email saying they have denied my dispute. The seller completely misrepresented the product and PayPal agree with them that they should not refund my purchase price. What is wrong with these people?

Original review: April 9, 2022

I recently ordered a windmill from an online source. It eventually came from China and turned out to be an overpriced piece of junk that was poorly constructed and didn't work! It came with a small card that said " Complaint-Suggestion& Refund, Paypal and credit card takes time. Contact us: service@replygres.com Saving you time and offer you VIP service. " Turns out this site was marked as a spam site! (go figure!!). I pulled up my PayPal account and literally in less than 5 minutes had my $59.95 refunded to my credit card. Paypal's site was easy to use and certainly worthy of me taking the time to honor them with a 5 star rating!

Original review: April 7, 2022

I have now twice have been scammed on PayPal and they say they cannot help me. I try to send money to a friend I have sent money before. When I want to send money again, I type the name of the friend in to send and my friend's name would come up and I will send him the money. My friend would then inform me they did not receive the money. I then find out that although it was the name of my friend the money went to a different email address and account. PayPal says they cannot help me as I have sent money to friends and family.

I have been wondering if it's perhaps a clever internal employee manipulating my account for the name of my friend to come up and then for the money to go to a different account as PayPal can give me no explanation how this could happen I cannot not get hold of the different account holder through PayPal as I am blocked to send a message. Up to now I have just lost the money. The last amount was £669. I am devastated and very upset because PayPal does not even try to help. PayPal should do better to protect their clients.

Original review: April 6, 2022

I was in the process of searching items in BISSELL website. If you use PayPal, it will not give you the chance to review the order and will automatically process the purchase as stated. BISSELL did not send any email with the transaction. I contacted them within 30 minutes through their web texting service asking for cancellation. They canceled but did not refund me. Contacted them again, said it will take two weeks to process my claim. I contacted PayPal. They have a bizarre claim form in which you have to enter each item information separately, does not account for taxes. Cumbersome, but at the end total amount matched the purchase.

They ended up sending claim for an arbitrary amount lower than the purchase I made, and closed the case and now they tell me to take it up with my bank…? After going back and forth, they gave me credit in PayPal for the remaining of the amount, which is not a satisfactory resolution for a purchase/immediate cancellation that never should have happened, all due to their errors. Bizarre. Stay away from BISSELL. Good luck with filing claims with PayPal.

Original review: April 5, 2022

Sorry for the typos and grammar below. But keep reading. You will be amused. I have used PayPal since 2003 to conduct my business (mostly as a buyer) in honest ways and never run into disputes or cases until yesterday. So, I can't say much about PayPal customer service until I really need it now. And here you go my story of haggling with PayPal CS for 8 hours today. In a word, it is shameful, frustrating and utterly unacceptable. I feel I talked to a bunch of robots and treated like a criminal. Buyer's Guilty until proven innocent.

I ordered a digital camera and lens bundle from an online seller. We communicated through emails and made agreements on price, PayPal G&S payment method and signature required shipping method. I carefully crafted the invoice description for the seller with all details of items, conditions, contents and, specifically, the last sentence stating "payment fees and signature required service included in invoice amount and the seller will ship within two calendar days". I thought the invoice is thorough enough and I should be easily covered by 'buyer protection'. BUT I WAS COMPLETELY WRONG!

On Thursday, March 31, 2022, I received a PayPal invoice from the seller with exact invoice amount and description I crafted. I made immediate payment. Then, next day on Saturday I followed up the seller on shipping timeline. The seller replied at late night and provided me a UPS tracking number. He claimed he already shipped it me. By clicking on his tracking number, I immediately noticed something unusual.

First, the shipping does not have signature required service as stated in invoice. Second, the package is coming from New Castle, DE as opposed to San Diego, CA where his ad was listed for. The tracking shows ETA on April 7th, next Thursday. So, I emailed the seller to ask for explanations. Of course, no replies. I thought Ok, let me give him a benefit of doubt and see what comes in the package. I was preparing to videotape the process of opening the package in case I won't receive what I ordered. But I was thinking too ahead.

In Sunday morning on April 3rd, my phone alerted me an email from PayPal saying Seller uploaded a tracking number. I logged in and noticed it is a DIFFERENT tracking number than the one he provided to me at Friday night. This new tracking shows the package has been shipped from Los Angeles, CA on April 1st and DELIVERED to my city (a LA suburb) on April 2nd. We all know UPS tracking won't show recipient name and exact address but only the city it delivered to for privacy protections.

So, I know right away this is a scam because no package showed up on Saturday at my doorstep while I was at home all day. And again the shipping shows 'driver release at front door'. So I opened a dispute within an hour and provided all my email conversation with the seller, the link and the screenshot of his ads, and my summary of obvious inconsistencies (different origins with different tracking numbers, etc.) for this transaction. PayPal resolution center updated the case by saying they have contacted the seller and waited for response.

On Monday, April 4th, I got another email from PayPal saying seller provided a response of a simple 16 letter UPS tracking number without an extra word. The same one he already entered into PayPal the day before which exactly prompted me file the case. So, nothing new. The seller simply implied the package was already delivered to me. I reached out to PayPal online chat to follow up the case. An agent 'warmly' first great me as 19-yr customer and then assured me they will protect buyers from scams. A few minutes I got an email from PayPal saying my case is CLOSED and they sided with the seller because he showed 'proof of delivery' with a 'valid' tracking number. That made me doubt if anybody from resolution center ever even read my response and supporting documents I logged the day before.

In my response, I stated multiple times why I think the package is fake. One glaring evidence is UPS website shows the package only weighs 0.6 LB. The simplest mind on the planet earth knows an empty shipping box itself could weigh that much. A camera and lens with original boxes and accessories clearly in invoice description should weigh at least 5 LB. Yes, I mentioned this multiple times in my several responses. But PayPal resolution center staff just turned blind eyes to what I submitted. They sided with one single tracking number from a scammer (I doubt he is with PayPal for long) against a full suite of supporting documents from a 19-yr customer.

I got back to CS online chat again. And that's worst part of PayPal CS to begin. First of all, nobody would reply to you at real time. The chat app will tell you PayPal will email you with an alert whenever an (any) agent managed to reply to your message. Email alerts for online chat? Have you heard of such a thing? So, for next few hours most of time I was typing to thin air. Once in a while, an agent come to say 'oh, UPS shows proof of delivery.' Then copy and paste their 'policies' and asked me to "prove" I did not receive the package but ignoring the fact that the seller violated binding contract of 'signature required service' in PayPal invoice (They don't care because their policies did not say look into invoices). Then a couple of hours later, another agent took the baton and obviously did not bother to read what I said to other agents before and goes again 'oh, UPS shows proof of delivery, we can't help'...on and on and on.

I was so fed up. So, I called customer service number which PayPal hide it very well until I clicked through several support pages to find it. Ironically, they have prime locations of their website full of services they want you to pay for, PayPal Credit, Send/Request money, and of course ads like 'free 3-month spotify', etc. etc. Finally, I had a chance to talk to a real agent over the phone. Her name is 'France'. She was willing to listen. But she could not assist further but promise to escalate the issue to her supervisor.

I told her to have someone read my initial response in resolution center to begin with and I stressed serval points below.

1) UPS tracking only show the destination city. Not with my name or address to be precise (of course for privacy concerns). So, it is not a proof of delivery TO ME. It is a poof of a delivery to an address in my city. My city is a small neighbour in Los Angeles suburb with 56,000 household. So, the UPS tracking shows the chance of delivery to my address is 1 out of 56,000. and 2) The package only weighs 0.6 LB. It is impossible with a camera and lens in it wherever it is delivered anyway. Please use some common sense.

While I was in talk to France on the phone, another "supervisory level" online agent messaged to me and asked me to contact UPS to find out exact shipping address the package was delivered to before she can assist further. I was like... wait a minute, everyone knows UPS, or whatever carriers, will only respond to the loss package claim and search results to shippers (who paid the postage) not receivers. They will never release exact shipping address to whoever claim to be an receiver for just providing a tracking number. I replied to the agent 'Should be it be PayPal's job to verify shipping address with the seller/scammer rather than buyer/me'? Dead silence for another hour, no replies.

After I got off the call, I thought let me go extra mile to contact UPS to see what they can provide. So, I filed a lost package claim first on UPS website. Minutes later an email from UPS confirmed my inquiry. The email did not show shipping address, HOWEVER, it showed recipient's name in 'ship to' section. And it was NOT my name. I took a screenshot of UPS email and pasted to PayPal online chat. Sometime later another (yeah, another... I lost the count how many already) agent messaged me back saying just the name is not enough proof. I need to email or call UPS for the exact address.

Just to see what I can confirm with UPS I called and a lady answered the call. I explained my situation and she said she has friends running exactly same issues with PayPal lately. She feels sympathetic to me. I told her 'I understand you should not release the shipping address. But could you confirm the shipping address and name was not mine'. So, I read my name and address to her. Her response is definitely no. It was not mine. She guided me through UPS website and compose an online email so I can get a confirmation from UPS in email saying 'this package was delivered to my address'. Then I can present to PayPal to prove that scammer provided a fake tracking number of my transaction.

I went to back online chat and update my findings. The agent insisted I should wait for UPS email reply and then paste it to her for further assist. The haggling started from 10 am. This was about 4 pm in the afternoon already. There I was exploded. I told her I have not only done enough due diligence, as a customer. But I have done detective work for PayPal as well. PayPal refused to do its own work but simply dump on me to defend myself as a scammer.

My take is PayPal is only interested in keeping transaction fees without offering buyer protections with glaring evidence of a scam. I will preserve all my communications with PayPal and submit complaints about PayPal Business Practices to BBB, CFPB, FDIC, and whatever government agencies applicable, for its negligence of financial crimes and frauds. Then, I told the agent I will stop right here and don't bother to continue robotic talk. Around 5:30 all of sudden I got an email from PayPal saying my case is close and I got a refund? I have no idea which line of my battle won. Phone call or online chat. Then I got a missed call from PayPal. I returned but robot answered. At the end of day I won the case after an uphill battle while Paypal lose a 19-yr customer forever.

Original review: April 4, 2022

I received a payment from a design job I've done, which was the second time from the same client. PayPal decided to hold the funds now for more than a month. When I tried to accelerate the process, their services aren't working properly saying it has technical problems. I contacted them, and they told me it was on my end. Being a developer, I could point out exactly where the error was coming from with the developer tools, as I have to debug applications when they aren't working properly myself: error("Can't perform a React state update on an unmounted component. This " + 'is a no-op, but it indicates a memory leak in your application. To ' + 'fix, cancel all subscriptions and asynchronous tasks in %s.', tag === ClassComponent ? 'the componentWillUnmount method' : 'a useEffect cleanup function');

With knowing that the errors wasn't on my side but on theirs, they said they simply couldn't help me. What I assume is that they keep this money from you, which by the way, doesn't belong to them by any stretch of imagination, in order to move it in the market, to gain more value. Almost a month holding on to money it isn't theirs? Sounds criminal.

Original review: April 2, 2022

The worst site I've ever used. Not a single one of my transactions went smoothly. Either they couldn't complete my request and I had to wait like an hour or so and try again, wait a whole week while my payments are pending, send it to a different email or pay insane fees just for the recipients to receive less than I actually sent. (The conversion shouldn't have to be my problem, it's literally your entire job?) I'm currently waiting on an agent to answer me (second time I've had to contact them this week), just to be able to transfer MY money from the PayPal wallet to my bank account (why are they withholding my very own funds?) and I only have a few hours to do so since my rent is due. Now I'm going to be stressing all the way up until midnight (and let's face it, they still won't have done anything by then because the employees are absolutely powerless). Deleting my account as soon as they resolve my issue. Waste of time and energy.

Original review: April 1, 2022

We are a small business and sell online, as well, through Shopify. Paypal says our items include "PayPal Seller Protection". We are a Faja company and as 90% of the world knows, these items are final sell because of hygiene, especially if you had surgery. Customer purchases a faja and a pair of Jeans. Customer claims she didn't receive one of the items. Customer said her neighbor accepted the package and then given to her at a later time. So, there's proof of delivery from UPS. Why are we held responsible what a neighbor did with the package? PayPal says that customer will ship items back. Customer was not even claiming the jeans. We receive only the USED jeans back. No faja. PayPal awards all funds back to customer.

We had proof and submitted the proof of the chat with the customer. Photos of delivery. Photos of item returned. Photo proof of the weight of the package which totals the amount of both items. Conclusion, We lost the item and the money because PayPal awarded buyer. Explain to me with all the proof and text conversation with customer how they can take sides with them? I immediately removed PayPal from our Shopify payments. It's obvious they are not even trying to help the seller with small businesses. Customers who take advantage of the system know this. If you're a seller, just look at your record of claims against you and where they are coming from. More than likely PayPal. PayPal is not good.

PayPal Company Information