2.95/5
Based on 1,462 ratings submitted in the last year

2618 PayPal Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 14, 2019

I am extremely disappointed with a recent experience with PayPal. I filed a dispute against Groupon for doing some shady business and PayPal decided to refund me, before even making a decision on the dispute. Then, they decided against the dispute and I received an email saying they were taking the money back. Instead of just taking it from my credit card, the same way I paid through PayPal in the first place, they decided to send me directly to a collections agency! Not once did they try to contact me themselves for the money and my credit card is even linked on the account. I cannot believe they would go that route with their customers without so much as a call or even an email, especially when this was something they did on their own in the first place! There was no reason to hit my credit in this way and I will never be using PayPal again.

Original review: May 14, 2019

This app is in the stone age. With today's technology for sending money via app this one is the worst. There are far superior apps out there, Zelle, Cash app anything other than PayPal. They cost you the most, they hold your money the longest and they have the absolute worst customer service. I tried to talk to several and was given answers like, "You were all sent a reminder back in November." I didn't use PayPal in November. "Didn't you fully read the terms and conditions?" This is not customer service, this is insulting.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I recently purchased a wig and paid for it with Paypal. The wig did not fit. I tried to return it to the seller. Wigs.com refused to give me a return address to return it, even though the claim their is a no questions asked 15 day return policy on their website. I then turned to Paypal Resolution Center. They denied the claim stating that the item was as described. Well duh, it's a wig. I wasn't disputing that, I was trying to get the company to honor their no question asked return policy.

So thanks for nothing resolution center. I'm out $113 for a pile of hair that is of no use to me.

Original review: May 14, 2019

When you are paying for a service through PayPal you just can have ask for a refund without any proof. "The experts" will any way choose the side of the buyer without even looking at the proof of the seller... Great seller's life.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I opened a dispute for an item returned by myself but never refunded by the company. Apparently, per PayPal I received an email stating I had 10 days to respond after opening the dispute. I NEVER received such email. I checked junk/spam and all my mail and no such email exists. Furthermore, the representative that opened the dispute NEVER mentioned I would be getting any emails that I needed to respond to a specific amount of time. Because I never received their email, my case status changed from accepted to denied. Shame on pay pal for not backing up up your customers due to your own mistake!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal?

Original review: May 13, 2019

On 1/18/19 I ordered and paid for, using PayPal, a small electronic item. An email was sent that the item was shipped with a tracking number. When checked, the tracking number was not in the system, but generated by seller. In response to a February inquiry about delivery, I was told that delivery was “slowed because of the Chinese New Year.” Still checking the tracking number, the item was not in the system. On March 14, 2019, with a few queries to the seller and no responses, I opened a case with PayPal. I included a copy of notice of cancellation of the order. The tracking number was still not in the system.

I received notification of the case from the Resolution Center that they would finish their review by April 9, 2019. The seller responded to PayPal with a different tracking number. On April 8th I received the first tracking numbered item. I notified both the Resolution Center and seller that I did not want the item, it was cancelled, and credit my account. The Resolution Center and seller did not respond. In May, four months after the order was placed and paid for, I received another item, the second tracking number, and notification from the Resolution Center that my case was denied because I received my item.

The Resolution Center is either staffed by people that cannot or do not read, or just push paper around until problems resolve themselves. I notified the resolution center that I was stopping the use of my PayPal money account, my PayPal line of Credit account, and my PayPal Credit Card, but apparently they could not read my note or just don’t care. A very bad experience with an organization that is too big to care.

Original review: May 13, 2019

If you plan on selling anything do not use PayPal. They allow buyers to fraudulently file disputes against you. Waiting unitl you have sent what they have paid for and then asking for a refund. PayPal always refunds the money, there is nothing you can do about it. Also if you create digital content you are opening yourself up to have your account permanently "Limited" which is to say you get kicked off their platform. They will refuse to give you a direct answer as to why you were removed. If you contact support you will simply receive the same email over and over again saying "You've been limited" but they will never tell you why you have been limited. Once they ban you the thieves hold your money for 6 months! If you don't want to do bussiness with me fine, but what gives you the right to without my money from me. You need to get your stuff together because you guys screw over the merchants who use your platform.

Original review: May 12, 2019

PayPal is fraud now. Do not use PayPal anymore. PayPal has new regulation that make online shop like me become bankrupt. Many cheating buyers know the trick by order online and pay using PayPal. After the buyer receive the goods, the buyer dispute saying the supplier never send the goods. I already showed the proof of delivery and tracking received by buyer. However, PayPal always return the money to buyer and close the case on buyer favor. PayPal make me bankrupt!!

Original review: May 11, 2019

They froze my money, 203$, asking me to send SSN, what I don’t have!!! I called yesterday to ask how I can get my money, they said I can’t without SSN!!! Are you kidding!? They just got my money forever, because I’m student and don’t have SSN!!! If you don’t wanna lose your money, don’t use that app!

Original review: May 11, 2019

A customer who bought an electronic device from me filed a fraudulent chargeback through PayPal. Please keep in mind I've never had an issue with my account or with the activity on it prior to this instance. PayPal proceeded to open an investigation into my account and asked me to submit documents to verify my identity and business. I submitted the information, yet PayPal decided to fully and permanently suspend my account and charge me for the amount of the initial transaction as well as an extra $20 fee. Not only did the transaction meet all the requirements for their seller protection policy, throughout the process, PayPal itself sent me emails stating the transaction was covered under their seller protection policy, but, in the end, without doing their due diligence, decided the fraudulent chargeback and the associated costs were my responsibility.

PayPal Company Information