1.06/5

2477 PayPal Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 13, 2019

So much for them helping with a refund. They forgot to mention when demanding that I return an item that's not fit for purpose and is broken that if you have to return anything that you as the wronged party have to foot the return postage costs. How is that in any way fair?! Protecting you from dodgy sellers, yeah right!

Original review: March 13, 2019

I made an online purchase, and the seller site used PayPal, I do not have a PayPal account and I didn’t need one for this purchase, PayPal happily removed the funds from my credit card. Fast forward a couple days, I had to cancel the order because it was “out of stock”. Turns out the company I purchased from is a scam...they stated that they processed a refund. I didn’t receive it, contacted PayPal...worst automated system known to man!!! Talked to one rep, first 2 questions: Full name and FULL credit card #, I refused to give it to them, I gave the receipt number from the transaction which was sufficient. The rep told me that they could help me and I was protected by PayPal for this purchase even though I don’t have an account with them.

I was put on hold again, 8-10 minutes later I was put through to another rep, they asked the same 2 questions, told me the same thing then transferred me to ANOTHER person, 37 minutes later I was finally able to speak with someone... She also asked for my full credit card number and also told me that I was protected through PayPal. After another few minutes on hold she came back and told me that they wouldn’t help me unless I opened an account with them, even though 3 people had already told me that I was protected for this purchase. When I refused she again reiterated that unless I open a PayPal account they wouldn’t give me back my money!!! They had no issue taking my money without an account with them but refuse to give it back. I will be filing a formal complaint. BUYER BEWARE OF PAYPAL! I would give less than 1 star if I could.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: March 12, 2019

After my PayPal account was hacked the third time, I tried closing everything. The credit line and the account. I was told in June 28th 2018 they closed it. On March 12 2019 I was contacted that someone is trying to access my PayPal account and I need to contact them. I did, and it was a real e-mail. And they never did close my account. They put me on hold to talk to an account specialist. 48 minutes later the line goes dead. I call in again. Make it thru the worst automated hell of a customer service system ever designed by satan. I then after 20 minutes get on line again. They have to start all over again.

Once again put me on hold for account specialist. 40 minutes later someone actually picked up the line. I then have to repeat everything again. Finally after 3 hours of my afternoon wasted. A time I will never get back, for which I would like to sue them for $1,000.00 per hour of my life. I get confirmation e-mail saying the account is closed. May this company burn in hell, it is a plague and menace upon society that I only wish upon my enemies.

Original review: March 12, 2019

PayPal is the most useless portal in the world. Lost 430€ because they can do anything when transaction is done directly to my bank account. Even though I had all kind of proofs and agreements with buyer.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I sold a book on eBay who I love and it went through PayPal and PayPal won't release the money. The transaction has been cleared everybody and they won't give me my money. This has put a great hardship on our family. They owe me $180.14...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal?

Original review: March 10, 2019

Paypal is probably run by some of the most dishonest people around and this is mainly due to the company's fraudulent policies. Bought an item that came in broken and was not as described on the website. Advised Paypal they wanted me to pay 36$ in shipping for a 19$ item! How dishonest is that, even with a picture of the broken product and how it was shipped they refused the claim. The vendor offered 30% off... What a joke. It's broken and you offer 30% off. Couldn't believe it, and to add more to the insult the product was NOTHING like what was advertised! I have started a fraud case with my cc company about PayPal and I have closed my account. I urge everyone to take notice and use other means to make your purchases.

Original review: March 10, 2019

This company has been nothing but an absolute headache for me. Between my cards and account getting locked every other day, and customer service hanging up on me every time I wait for 20 minutes on hold and finally get a customer service rep who doesn't even speak English, this company should be bankrupt or sued. I exaggerate not when I say Paypal sucks butt. That is all.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I had a account with PayPal recently and my account was closed right after I added funds to my account and then I was told that I had to wait 180 days and I will get an email advising me how to get the money back out my account. I don't understand how I was asked to submit documents to show my accounts I have in PayPal wallet, and when I sent them everything they asked for they still locked my account and won't give me my money back. I have since then got legal matters rolling so hopefully this will help me recover my money.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I have used this service since 2017 and have sent my daughter money to help with her rent she is away at college. This time however PayPal has made the decision to hold my money for identity purposes. Within minutes of the sending me an email asking for a copy of my ID I sent them one. They told me I would hear from them within a few days and after three days I called them I spent from 9 am until 2 pm on hold and or talking to them about why they are holding my money. Which not one person could tell me why other than they were unsure if it was me. Mind you this is my third time I have been through. This situation of having to prove my identity. They have copies of my social and drivers license.

Then after being on hold for hours I hang up and call back and the man tells me my account has been permanently closed and the $900 in my PayPal account they are going to hold for six months in case there are any people out there that have bought stuff from me and want a refund. Even though this is not a merchant account what so ever. It’s a personal account for friends and family to send money back and forth. I haven’t sold anyone anything and they know that but could not give me any other reason as to why they would be keeping my $900.

Not only did they say they were putting a hold on my money but that if they make a decision to give me my money back they will email me after the six month waiting period with a decision. So what I got out of this is just like before. A few years ago they did this to me with $300 and I never still to this day got my money back. I don’t know who to call or where to go to get my money back considering the people we are forced to speak to for PayPal is in the Philippines. This to me is a major problem!

Why am I forced to give all my personal info to people in another country, if they wanted without any repercussions they could do a whole lot of damage. Why is PayPal in the USA where I am conducting my business on the phone with me? And If PayPal is aware of my money being held for reasons unknown then why are they being allowed to do this. I am on a fixed income. I have disabilities and this has caused a lot of problems for me and my daughter. Where do I go to for help? How are these people getting away with keeping my money?

Original review: March 8, 2019

Called PayPal multiple times. Painful experience just getting thru voice menu! Purchased items in 9/2018 from Mollyca (which I found out afterwards is in China). Return policy says if not satisfied contact by email to get return address. Items were very poor quality. Emailed Mollyca at least 30 times for return address. They REFUSED to send me address. I then said I was returning items to the address on the package. They did not dispute this. In October 2018 I mailed $250 worth of low quality items back to China for $70!! They will not reimburse me. I contacted PayPal to report this company and to investigate. PayPal closed case saying the items weren't that bad!!! I said the nature of the complaint is the return policy says I can return but Mollyca won't let me, not that PayPal says the items weren't bad. I then told PayPal they are just as fraudulent if they side with Mollyca. They are supporting bad business.

PayPal Company Information