2.93/5
Based on 2,109 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

PayPal

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

PayPal Reviews

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I have recently noticed since eBay has started to collect sales taxes for certain states (done in the background and deducted from my Paypal account) that I am being charge an additional amount in PayPal Fees for the sales tax that Ebay is collecting. Ebay tacks on the sales tax to the buyer when they make payment and withdraw it out of paypal as they do the shipping, etc. The only problem I have is this sales tax is not a sales item and not something I am charging the customer directly.

Ebay has taken it upon itself to collect sales tax for other states outside of California and passes this along to Paypal as the gross amount of the sale. Then Paypal takes the gross amount and charges their fee for the processing (including the sales tax). It may seem like a petty complaint, but, over time this can be quite a bit of money since I am not the only Ebay seller this is happening to. I do not believe I should pay a FEE for the right to have Ebay collect sales tax from by buyers and then withdraw it from my Paypal account.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

When your account gets hacked and someone purchases stuff with YOUR money PayPal won’t help. Put in dispute after changing all my info (passwords) and they tried to say I made the purchase, mind you it’s a part to a product I do not own and it’s to some fake company I’ve seen multiple posts about. DO NOT use PayPal Cause they won’t help you get your money back when this happens. ALL of their people will tell you, “sorry, it says it was your account who purchased.” NO DUH. If you also look I had to change my passwords idiots. Please save yourself the headache and find a better company to go through for payments. They don’t help their customers, they are just rude and hateful if they have to deal with you.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I was a furloughed Govt worker in 2019 and PayPal offered no interest loans for us. This was a great thing so i was able to borrow a small amount. It was set up so that they would access my checking every month AUTOMATICALLY for the payment. SO, in October, they did not collect a payment, however I always check their website to see if the payment was made and it was paid according to the site. I also called the automatic phone system and it said they collected the usual monthly payment. I did not see it hit my checking account though. Turns out, they didnt collect it and charged me fees and retro interest. There was 2k in my checking so NO lack of funds. They did this ON PURPOSE to charge fees. This is a SCAM by PayPal and I will never believe one of their offers again. I will also tell the world via social media about their effort to scam their long time customers.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I am a PayPal seller. I followed PayPal instructions to refund a payment to a customer. Instead of doing the refund the way the screen said it would be done, PayPal issued an echeck for the full refund against my attached bank account. This resulted is bank chargers, my PayPal account being frozen so I cannot recover my money from the PayPal balance which is now my money because PayPal paid the refund directly from my bank account without telling me first. Customer service is out of country where English is not the 1st language and the accent is so bad their English is barely understandable. Have spent more than 3 hours trying to get this issue resolved. Will likely have to file an attorney general complaint to get it fixed. A simple refund is never simple with PayPal. I DO NOT RECOMMEND PAYPAL AS A SELLER OR A CUSTOMER ANY MORE.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

To be honest I was really expecting PayPal to be there for the consumer but the reality is they're not. "Buyer protection" is non-existent and on top of that, they gave the seller my number and they THREATENED me. Yes, you read that right, 2019 and sellers are still able to threat customers for asking a legitimate refund... and to thought, I held PayPal to the most upper standards.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Received money in Euros, would not let me convert, accept or transfer from app. Could NOT understand customer service rep after waiting on hold for 15 mins. I wound up hanging up because the language barrier was too much. The 'Help' section of the app is no use, even when you utilize the 'message us' feature. They copy and paste the exact same crap I read on Google, which they don't tell you WON'T work from the app. I had to figure it out for myself I had to go online. Bottom line it took me 4 hours to receive $14.95 THEN GOOGLE WOULDN'T LET ME SELECT THE FREE OPTION, so I had to pay to move my money after it taking 4 hours to even get to where I could accept it. Horrid experience will not be using again.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Tried various means to reach out for resolution to PayPal and still ended up at the same spot, dissatisfied. The funds taken from my account were placed on hold to the fraudster account yet PayPal would do nothing about reversing the transaction. I have filed the appropriate IC3 forms. It seems the people working the "customer service" are robotic at best.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Sellers on PayPal have zero protection against fraud. Zero. My buyer on eBay was refunded by me/eBay via PayPal for a lost item and then refunded a second time via a credit card chargeback via PayPal. Paypal spent less than 12 hours before siding with the chargeback. During this 12 hours while I was sleeping, I was unable to support my case showing that my buyer had already been refunded. Because I can't dispute a claim with my buyer's financial institute (obviously) and PayPal won't do so on my behalf I am out hundreds of dollars.

I went through several calls, etc. providing evidence... PayPal always led to believe that it was a mistake that would be taken care of if I could just provide one more detail but each time my dispute was quickly denied. During this time, the level and lack of service from PayPal is obvious. Hold times of 30 minutes to 60 minutes. Craziness. The worst company I have ever dealt with. I would never use PayPal to sell anything of significant value or your buyer could very easily and fraudulently get two refunds. The more valuable the item, the more risk you have when they get refunded twice.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I sold a cell phone on ebay, for $200. My personal phone, which I had purchased on ebay in Sept (2019) but decided on an iphone instead. So rather than the nice Samsung collecting dust, I sold it. OMG. I got the hold placed on my account (now $190 after fees). They acted like I was some international criminal, I swear. I had to "prove" who I am, and then they made me also submit a copy of my license through their chat. Any other company would always caution never to send personal info over chat. But, if I did not, they refused to take the hold off my account, and even said that if I didn't submit it, they'd restrict my account even further by Dec. 24. Not sure how much worse it can get?

So that's now two copies of my license, AND I had to submit a RECEIPT proving that I'd bought the phone. I did that, and I also pointed out that it had been purchased from a high-volume seller on Ebay, who has wonderful feedback. PP had the receipt, the order number, everything. They still refused to take off the hold. So as of now, I am out one cell phone, and $190. I can make it without the money, it's the principle. All they required me to do, was provide tracking, which I did same day. I have screenshots of all of this, and their "customer service" help. I can tell you that I won't be going through this kind of stress ever again.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

We sold 2 individual boots on eBay that were the same price. When their client received both boots, they called Visa and canceled their visa saying they received 1 pair. Paypal does not protect the seller! They let THIEFS not pay for the payments that were paid on Ebay. Ebay is not with them anymore and they are starting a copy in a few months like PayPal. PAYPAL doesn't help their clients, they are known to let the dishonest people steal. Ebay said this customer stole, and Paypal did not acknowledge their client was a thief.

PayPal Company Information