2. Finance
  3. Money Transfer

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.46/5
Based on 1,041 ratings submitted in the last year

PayPal Reviews

Original review: May 26, 2020

I am extremely disappointed with Paypal as this was my first and last experience with them. One of the worst companies I have come across. I had funds transferred to my PayPal account on 20/05/2020, and attempted to transfer to my bank account however for some reason this was not happening after a few attempts I contacted paypal. I was informed due to some internal security I will need to wait 72hr before I can transfer to my bank account Note paypal have already charged me a few for accepting the funds.

I wait from 21/05/20 till 24/05/20 which in normal calculations is 72 hrs. I attempt to transfer and again I am facing same issue. I contact Paypal again on 25/05/20 and guess what I am again advised to wait for 72hr till 29/05/20. Can anyone explain how is four days 72 hrs? I am again told about this internal security which is preventing my transfers. They system has been placed by Paypal hence its paypal using this delay tactic to hold on to mine and many others funds hence it uses it to trade and earn that extra for which no benefit is passed on to the customer whose funds it’s holding.

One need to understand when we use such platforms we are parking the funds with them which means they can use our funds anytime to their advantage and we would have no clue. In my situation I don’t think paypal will be giving back my funds and will use many more such reasons and tactics to hold the funds for a longer period. I can only advocate please stay away from this frauds, scam company as your money is not safe with Paypal at any given opportunity paypal will steel your funds. The experience I have had I hope none can learn and also advocate the same to others to avoid Paypal. Such companies should be banned to trade and their licenses revoked. Paypal should be discounted by All in my opinion.

Original review: May 25, 2020

I had used Paypal for years for its convenience, then I purchased some very expensive concert tickets with Paypal. The group postponed the show due to the health of one of its members and the second time, it was cancelled all together due to the COVID-19 virus. The ticket company (OnlineCityTickets) wouldn't refund our money so I appealed to Paypal. After all, my credit card company protects these kinds of purchases, why wouldn't Paypal? But because the initial postponement and then the final cancellation came more than 180 day after my purchase, Paypal wouldn't step in to help. Keep in mind, the postponement and cancellation and its timeline were through no fault of my own.

So people, use your credit cards and NOT Paypal! Get your airline mileage and hotel points, or whatever. I know Paypal is convenient...I used them for years, but I learned a lesson that will cost me over $700. If you need to transfer money to friends or family, use a service like Venmo. Plenty of alternatives. Please learn from my experience. I did!

Original review: May 25, 2020

I was a targeted by a scam. I heard from others that Paypal will work with you in those circumstances. I had lots of proof. Never got my money back. Their payment verification process has wasted so much of my time due to their website/App not working properly. I'm very bitter toward this company now, and will probably never buy anything from someone 3rd party online as a result.

Original review: May 25, 2020

I have had a Paypal account for 10 years, from time to time I was contacted by them on my house phone with a verification code. New paypal rule states I must have a mobile phone. I live in an area where we can not get a mobile signal. I phoned paypal and eventually got to speak to someone. This person promised that if I gave my daughter’s mobile number they would still use my house phone to contact me (my daughter lives 200 miles away and works shifts). Paypal stopped honouring payment for things I had bought. Because there was no answer on my daughter’s phone, she was asleep.

I tried phoning them but no answer, I also tried their online site to complain, no luck there either. (Their site is designed to frustrate.) I tried their online chat service & was left on hold for 4 hours, swapping arms and asking my wife to take turns eventually after 4 hours their site shut down on me. I have now complained to the financial ombudsman & waiting for their reply.. Paypal’s arrogance is unbelievable

Original review: May 24, 2020

This was my second experience with a purchase through PayPal that the seller never fulfilled their agreement. I filed a dispute and as always PayPal denied and ruled in seller favor even though documentation was very clear merchandise was not received. I will never do business with PayPal again because the customer means nothing to them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal?

Original review: May 23, 2020

All PayPal is doing right now is a Covid-19 Ponzi Scheme with customer funds. They are taking 6 weeks to review bogus charges while they instantly freeze the funds from the vendor yielding them over a month's worth of earning interest on your money. This is not about being short staffed. This is intentional deception to create cash flow.

Original review: May 23, 2020

There was order made online through PayPal and I knew it’s scam but because of PayPal saying that safety of transaction I put the order. There was no connection with seller. Finally got nothing and put claim. Next moment PayPal denied without interrogation.

Original review: May 22, 2020

After not receiving an expensive purchase from a Chinese company, I requested to cancel the order and never heard from the company. I filed a claim with PayPal. They "investigated" and said that the package was delivered. I never received any correspondence from the company, nor did I ever receive a package. Without even listening to me, PayPal sided with them. I will no longer ever deal with PayPal, and you should strongly consider whether you want to do business with this unreliable organization or not.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I realize covid-19 has changed the way many companies handle customer service, but paypal, whom is benefiting immensely from the pandemic, has absolutely no customer service available! Ridiculous! I have been trying to reach them for 4 days now about a refund owed to me. You don't even have the ability to hold, just a message saying the customer service dept is closed. I've tried the chat and email route as well. Not one response to my multiple attempts.

The rest of the country is opening businesses back up. Meanwhile paypal is making record amounts of money because of the pandemic yet they can't provide any customer service for their patrons? The very people who make them this money. Small businesses have managed social distancing for workers, is paypal incapable of this? How long do all your customers have to wait? Highly disappointed that a company of this size have left so many people hanging. My next stop is the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Would not back a purchase that I proved was fraudulent! I ordered two cat tree houses and got two 1 foot scratching posts. I tried to contact seller through PayPal and received a failed notice. I tried to contact through sellers website and found the site no longer exists. I forwarded all info, pictures, and failure notices and PayPal still did nothing. People use this service because of the protection coverage, but they won't protect you even in cases of proved fraud!!!

PayPal Company Information