3.13/5
Based on 2,084 ratings submitted in the last year

2839 PayPal Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I made a purchase and received the wrong item. I contacted PayPal to file a complaint thinking it would protect me. I then contacted the seller and sent the item back. I received confirmation that they got the item and the refund would be processed within 2 weeks. Well it's been almost 2 months and still nothing. The seller says they sent the money back to PayPal, but PayPal says they didn't get it. When I ask what happened they say to contact my financial institution. I told them that they are my financial institution seeing as they took it from my online balance. Their answer was, "I do apologize." How is that an answer? I'm out over $314.00 and they say they're sorry. Well, I'm sorry, I'm done with them. There really needs to be some sort of class action lawsuit against PayPal as it appears that there is a pattern to this. I will not be buying from eBay anymore either as they are affiliated.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

They locked down payments and kept all the funds in my company account and I called and was told after reaching the highest supervisor available to e-mail them and they will reply within 180 days. I have to remove any logos and PayPal symbols from my website!! This a is a copy of the only information they would send! "You can't use PayPal anymore. At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services." Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money. Reference ID: **.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I trusted PayPal’s guarantee so I used it to make a small purchase (under $100) of 2 items. The UPS tracking number confirmed that the items were delivered so when I called after these didn’t arrive to my home, UPS could only inform me that the items were delivered to a business address that was not to me or to my home address. The seller did not respond to several attempted email inquiries so I turned to PayPal to request assistance for a refund if the seller would not resend the products. PayPal denied to honor their guarantee to refund me the money because the seller provided them with information that the products had been sent and delivered—yes, but not to me and not to my address.

I believe this is a scam business using PayPal to facilitate these small transactions. I will gladly pursue this with interested legal authorities. Imagine how much income may be “earned—STOLEN” by accumulation hundreds of such “small” transactions. Shame on PayPal for perpetuating this with their false guarantee that I trusted and that ultimately and effectively did wrong by me and, I would guess, wronged others in this way. I canceled my PayPal account immediately although I am sure, since I am only one person, they don’t care. After all, it wasn’t their $100 bucks.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Two charges were made to my son's account thru friends & family. Thought PayPal backed everything. My son received nothing and PayPal states they do not honor anything thru friends & family (would like to see that clearly stated on their site as I advised my son to purchase thru PayPal as they will back anything up). Would have been better off just going thru the bank and they would have honored the fraudulent charges. Very disappointed with PayPal. They stated they put a restriction (?) on the scammer's account but are allowing him to still be in business. Account is thru Tymond ** in California.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Accidentally made a payment transfer from my bank account to my PayPal account. I immediately tried to call to resolve the issue and after battling with their terrible robot for 20 mins only to hear there was over an HOUR wait time to talk to a representative. I opted for a callback. After two hours I checked my phone to see no call back but by then the main office was closed and I was already flustered. I tried to call the next morning and after a 30 min wait, learned that there was nothing they could do and had to call my bank to block the payment. So after having the payment blocked, PayPal charges tries AGAIN trying to make the payment and after it is clearly not going to go through, takes all the money out of my account via insufficient funds attempts and leaves me with a bill to pay THEM! So now I'm stuck trying to pay off their charges that I had assumed were already cancelled.

This is not the first time I've had to deal with PayPal's ridiculous wait times, charges and ability to nothing but take money out of my account, but after this is paid off I will be switching to a more reliable and efficient company like the the Cash App. The fact PayPal has no way to cancel their transfers from your OWN bank to your OWN account and then on top of that will have you pulling your hair out with their unreliable phone system has been more than enough stress. This company is not worth the hassle or time anymore. Because of them I'm broke until payday, on pregnancy leave early due to stress and Pre-term risk and they STILL are trying to charge me for their own inadequacy. They used to be great, but they have definitely fallen through the cracks these past years. Would not recommend to anyone that has time frames regarding their money as they do not care for your time. ONLY your money and how much of it they can siphon out of you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I have never come across such appalling service from any other company. All they had to do was go to my company website to see that I own a children's clothing store ** and I am not violating Acceptable Users Policy or money laundering. Instead they just keep closing my account. They are ruining people's livelihoods with this incompetence.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

The once easy to send money via PayPal became a nightmare now. Nearly every of my transactions is on hold until they get more information (like private information about people to whom I send money). It looks like an illegal way to get personal info from their customers by holding their money hostage. I am absolutely dissatisfied with such malpractices and close all my PayPal accounts to switch to their competitors ("Google Wallet", "Wepay", "2Checkout", "Intuit", etc.).

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

After blocking our account, they said we could receive our money in 180 days, it’s not true they never let us withdraw our money so we contacted the police in Luxembourg to report paypal. We called them 50 times, they never tried to help. Yes on the phone they say they will but they never did nothing. They may hold the money of hundred thousands accounts. Report Paypal, ‘cause they are a fraud when they act like this.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

The wait for your own money is unreal. PayPal is a joke. They advertise 2 days sooner on your direct deposit but in fact I get it on my payday very very late. It's been 6months of the same thing late direct deposit. Considering closing my account.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Dear PayPal, You failed me as a customer. Your duty is to protect me and transactions I choose to make through your service and you decided to protect scammers! I received incomplete order, it is not right to make me pay for shipping and even more so to China even though came from California. You lost the customer and gained bad review. I disputed the charge with my Cc and Citibank accepted the dispute and refunded me the money. Have a wonderful day and thank you for nothing, Alicja

PayPal Company Information