Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Nordstrom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I was home when my package was “delivered” but I NEVER received my package. I called to let them know the situation. The customer care/deliver research sent me a follow up email in 3 days, saying “After concluding our internal investigation, we have confirmed successful delivery of the package with all items present. At this time, Nordstrom has made the decision not to issue a refund of replacement as was requested” but the thing is when I called the contact number provided in the email, they were NOT able to provide ANY proof that my package was delivered. So, the “internal investigation” was just a lie, their confirmation of “successful deliver“ was also a lie. I don’t believe they even contacted the carrier because when I requested them to ask the carrier for a proof they said the carrier usually takes 7 days to respond. Yea, so if that’s the case, how did they “confirm the successful delivery” in 3 days? I mean, HOW?

Also, in the email they encouraged me to set up an UPS My Choice account, which I Already have and the deliveries from the other companies all showed up on my dashboard except for Nordstrom. Whoever sent me the email was just an irresponsible and unethical liar. They should have contacted the carrier to ask for proof of delivery or filed a claim on my behalf to compensate for my loss. Instead, they just lied and asked me to file a police report of stolen items. This is totally not acceptable because this means that the driver can just dump all packages to a dumpster and call it a day and never ever has to actually deliver the package since nobody cares to file a claim.

In addition, when I clicked on the tracking number, the website said it was delivered to “mailbox”. So whose mailbox? My mailbox is narrow and shallow (5 inch wide 5 inch deep). I don’t believe my package can fit in there. It’s not ok to ask me to file a police report for a package as stolen when it’s likely never delivered in the first place. Also, it made zero sense to deliver to a mailbox when I was HOME. No point to waste everyone’s time looking for a “stolen” package if it’s never delivered in the first place. Also, even if the driver just delivered my package to the wrong address, it’s still the carrier’s responsibility to compensate for me, NOT the police. Nordstrom should have filed a claim and held the carrier accountable but they totally failed to do so but lied instead. My experience is beyond terrible. There are other better places to shop where you can receive the customer care that every customer deserves.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I ordered 6, kept 3, returned 3. The ones I thought would be super core didn't look like the pic. The website is not very user friendly. The other 2 I sent back were lackluster.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I had this account open since March 2020 and I was approved after they send me a verification code to my phone number and I was approved for 1,000 limit and I had this account open for 8 months with good standing and now I reported my card missing and was issue a new card and now my card is locked and I was asked go to a store with ID and they couldn’t verified my phone number which I had for a year and it registered with public record and Nordstrom forced me to wear a mask at the store and waste my time ... Account is getting closed soon.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I subscribed to Nordstrom Trunk based on a friend's very pleased recommendation. I did not receive similar satisfaction. Nordstrom Trunk might as well have been StitchFix, which offers a similarly disappointing "personalization" claim and cheap clothing offers. I quit my Nordstrom Trunk subscription after three deliveries and concluded the following: 1) "My" stylist was not really mine, nor possibly a human. I felt unheard and just another cog in a capitalistic enterprise, which in not the customer service excellence that Nordstrom prides itself on.

2) I conclude the enterprise must use an algorithm to "predict" what I will like based on my initial "application." e.g., a) No matter how many times I asked not to receive "baby-doll" style clothing, the package always included at least one, if not three items unflattering and inappropriate for a 60+ year old woman with a sizable bust. b) I abhor polyester clothing and, in spite of stating this multiple times, always received some poorly made and flimsy polyester item. c) I intensely dislike - and never wear - neon colors, yet always received at least one neon-color piece. 3) Nordstrom must have a warehouse stuffed full of cheap-ish clothing that it needs to unload to attain a profit margin.

4) The attempt at personalization, such as having "my" stylist contact me via email felt inauthentic and rote. Again, I felt that the enterprise uses a message contact algorithm to ask me to preview "my" trunk contents, yet, the contents rarely reflected those choices. 5) I repeatedly stated preferences for certain brands, yet out of three Trunks, just two pieces were that brand. Lastly, 6) Exchanges never happened. Whenever I - rarely - found an item I wanted in another size, it never was available. In conclusion, I feel that the Nordstrom Trunk experience really is not a Nordstrom effort and that they must be jobbing it out to an outside enterprise. In no way did it reflect or deliver the higher product quality and excellence in customer service I have experienced from Nordstrom during my 30+ years of shopping there (in person).

Original review: May 17, 2020

I called this morning to follow up on an order that I received a text stating it was delivered today. When tracking the order May 15th it said it was due on May 20th. Today I received a text stating ordered delivered and the date now shows April 29th for delivery. After a 45 min wait I got through and thought this was resolved although I did not have much confidence because the representative requested my credit card information again. I now received a receipt stating I ordered another perfume. Not to mention I was told that the free gifts were canceled, which my order did not state.

I called again and waited on the phone for over 1 hour. After over 1 hour someone finally answered and I could hear a conversation of who they were speaking to in their home. I sat on the line hoping they would realize they picked up but no they continued their conversation. Eventually I think they realized I was on the phone, they were listening to me speak about my frustration with a family member and then my call was transferred to the main message. This is the worst experience. I can’t believe out of all retail establishments that Nordstrom has by far the worst service. I’ve shopped online at other retailers and Covid19 should not be an excuse for the horrific service.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I purchased a dress from Nordstrom web page on March 11, I receive my order after they close their store for Coronavirus pandemic, the dress was big. I decided to return it by mail. I mail it using the shipping return label they send it with the package after I called their customer service and made sure I am following the right process. I sent the package on March 30 and the tracking shows that a representative from Nordstrom received the package. Until today April 29 I didn’t receive my refund back. I didn’t receive an email telling that they are processing my return. I called couple time and stay online for couple hours without having any satisfy answer. I sent 3 emails without having any answer.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I bought a product online and noted that the size I ordered was not placed correctly. That's besides the point, irony is that their site says, you can cancel order within 2 hours of purchase. I exhausted all my efforts for 1 hour but couldn't locate any option of canceling order. I ended up calling and waited for 1.5 hours and no one picked up phone and recording kept saying, "We very busy today but a rep will connect with you shortly." In short, in times like now we are all in, is this fair to give people more stress for expensive items purchase. Terrible service and it's a fraud so people fall in trap and just can't return, cancel or get any help over phone. Please help.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I have been unable all week to contact Nordstrom.com customer service. I have been on hold for 3 1/2 hours and more. I was calling to discuss my return, which Nordstrom has received. My return status states that I was not charged for my return item which is not true, Hence they are not going to refund my money! Customer service does not answer! 4.25.20.

Original review: March 28, 2020

I spent a lot of money on my Nordstrom card over Christmas. Received a $100 gift card to use by 3/15. Being that I am on the front lines during this crisis as a nurse practitioner, I was hoping that Nordstrom could extend my gift card so I can use today. After being on hold for 20 min, there's "nothing they can do". Very dissatisfied and will NOT be returning as a nordstrom customer.

Original review: March 28, 2020

I purchased a pair of Charles David shoes, which are very nice, good quality I guess but really TOO narrow. I wanted to send them back and receive a refund but according to a email from the customer services, they would charge me 4 times what I paid for the original delivery if I decide to send the shoes back. I live in Austria (international delivery for them). Why should I pay more to send them back? It is just a fraud, so think it twice if you apply for a international delivery because you will never see your money again if whatever you buy is not ok.

Nordstrom author review by ConsumerAffairs

Nordstrom, Inc. started as a small shoe store in Seattle in 1901. The company now has brick-and-mortar stores throughout the United States and Canada.

• Selection: Consumers can find a wide variety of brands, styles and size options on the Nordstrom website. The website lists women’s sizes 4.5 to 13 and has a “4 and smaller” category as well as a “14 and above” category.

• Individualized returns: Nordstrom does not have an official return policy. Instead, the company works with individual customers to make sure they are satisfied.

• Videos: The Nordstrom website includes informative videos to help customers make a selection or care for their shoe purchases. They have videos for fitting shoes and boots and for cleaning suede and leather shoes.

• POP-IN: Each month, the Nordstrom site features a POP-IN shop with clothes, accessories and shoes from a special designer. Customers looking for unique pieces can watch for these special events.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team