3.8/5 (1070 ratings)

About Nordstrom

Nordstrom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

This was my first and last time ordering from Nordstrom online. I ordered 3 items on November that were sent in 2 shipments. The first shipment was through Ontrac and that only updated when a label was created. The second shipment was sent through USPS and I received that 3 days later. To this day, ontrac claims to never have received my order. I called Nordstrom at least 6 times and each time their story changed on when I would get a refund and when I would get my package. They have very misleading and unethical practices and I'm blown away by how incompetent they are. I should have known they were going under because that makes people do very shady things to keep them from refunding customers. I will post this on every review site online. Stay away from this business!!! Amazon and Macy's are more reliable.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I've shopped at Nordstrom for probably 30 years now (I'm in my 50's), and I've seen an ENORMOUS change in the prior level of competency, excellence, and customer service at Nordstrom. There have been a number of blips over the past 2 years, but here is the worst. I return an item curbside to a store accompanied by my full receipt, which includes ALL of my contact information.

The store didn't bother to use ANY of that contact information that was readily available to them to email me a receipt for this return. Instead, they just emailed someone with the SAME LAST NAME my purchase and refund information, AND the last 4 digits of my CREDIT CARD. If that's not a huge information breach, I don't know what is. I'm not sure if it is a lazy or careless employee involved, but I'm done. It's not the Nordstrom it used to be, and I'm tired of it. Nordstrom is going downhill fast. I'm going to stop this ride and get off before it takes me down with it.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I have been shopping Nordstrom for years but will not anymore. First off, many employees working there act like they are too good to work there and that they are high-end designers who can’t be bothered with the actual people who can afford to shop there. Second, don’t even bother with online purchases and returns. Nordstrom is horrible with this. They do not have an A-Z policy like Amazon.

It’s the year 2021 and Nordstrom still operates like we have to wait on the Pony Express. Be efficient Nordstrom. Ok, let me add that their most incompetent people are answering the customer services calls and online chats. If you don’t receive your items like I didn’t this week, they will just turn you over to their “delivery research department.” Now this department is the biggest joke of all. They basically send you an email that says “your return cannot be processed.” You’ll end up filing a claim with UPS and contacting your credit card. Wish me luck on getting my refund of almost $400 for the items I never received in the box.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I was outraged when I received a letter yesterday (one of my friends did too) that Nordstrom is upping its interest rates to 25.90. So this is what you get as a customer. Some reward. I will be destroying my card and not shopping on their site any longer. Rotten thing to do to loyal customers!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I was given a $100 Nordstrom gift card for my birthday. I have tried 3 times to place an order online and once by calling customer service. I've sent at least 10 or more emails try to find out why, every time I place an order it accepts the order and then 10 mins. later I get an email saying the order was cancelled as there was a problem with the gift card. I sent emails and was told to call, I did and again the same actions/response. The gift card shows on the Nordstrom site as being good with a balance of $100. Evidently buying a Nordstrom gift card for someone is not going to provide a good experience for the person you give it to. I wouldn't buy a gift card from them as this is just too much trouble and I feel this is nothing but a scam and people will give up trying to use the card.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Nordstrom has always been my go to for upscale service and merchandise but I just left the West Farms location in Connecticut and it was awful. I took my 16 year old son for his first suit and was astonished at the lack of selection. The labels were Indochina, Ted Baker and Boss basically. No higher end selection and the ties were equally disappointing. The worst part was the service. There simply wasn’t any. The one man on the floor was working with a couple and a number of us just waited around to be acknowledged which never happened. My son decided he’d had enough and we left to go to Mitchell’s in Westport which was another long drive but completely worth it.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I ordered boots on 9/15/21. They charged my card and said they had shipped. When you check the status at Nordstrom.com, it states "shipped". When you track the shipping, the shipper states "waiting for Nordstrom to submit package". They didn't ship it. No idea where it is. But they have my money. This is the second time this month I have had a problem. I placed another order for three items and used my Nordstrom card which had a zero balance. The order processed as normal and I received a order confirmation.

About a half hour later they cancelled my entire order for no reason. Said it was a credit issue. I contacted the credit department and was told they had to investigate and it would take 48 hours. SO, I re-ordered the exact same three items using my Visa debit card. Went thru just fine and I have received the products. I asked on three different occasions why my order was cancelled and to this day, have received no explanation. I'm done with them. There are plenty of other places to spend my money. They used to be the best and now they are the worst. Sad.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Ordered a pair of Adidas NMD's for sale. Received a pair of women's pants. Then they shipped me a pair of shoes in two different sizes. I had to return both and got a refund 2 months later. Did not even offer to honor my original sale. After giving Nordstrom my hard earned money for some shoes, I'm out $60 for two months and no shoes.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I visited the Nordstrom Rack store and was not pleased with the reaction by one of the gals behind the counter at the registers. I was there to buy shoes

and asked about left-over shoe boxes. Instead of cordially explaining that they 'recycle' shoe boxes, she snapped at me in a very shrill tone of voice instead. I left the two pairs of shoes that I had intended to buy, along with their boxes, at the register. I didn't make any purchase at all, owing to the woman's rude rebuff. Not only did I find the woman's behavior rudely unacceptable, I wondered just why she became so flippant. Something seemed 'off' about how reflexively angry she got just because I asked about empty shoe boxes. That was a simple question and there really was no sane reason why someone should become so angry in response.

So I decided to call corporate customer care to ask whether it really IS the store's policy to keep empty shoe boxes now. As it was, I noticed another customer at the register to the right of me who had shoes AND shoe boxes in her bag. I really didn't think that I was doing something so shameful by asking for a couple of extra empty shoe boxes; managers have given them to me in the past whenever I would be making purchases. However, it's been months since I'd visited the store, and this is probably the first time I've asked about empty shoe boxes in over a year.

Anyway, when I called the main 888 customer care number, it was answered by a gentleman with a very thick Latino accent, who hurriedly informed me that because the issue occurred at a Nordstrom Rack store, that I needed to speak to someone there. So, he transferred the call. That call was answered by a lady with an even thicker Latino accent, whom I had difficulty understanding. She let me know that the number I had been transferred to only handled problems with the website! When I explained that the agent at the main number should have known better, she tried to connect me to someone who could help, but there was such difficulty in trying to understand her speech. I explained kindly that I needed to disconnect the call.

Then I tried using the company's online chat feature. That was a bust! First it was creepy because their system's surveillance recognized my legal name, but the name I entered on chat is the one I use informally when communicating with people by email and chat. So, somehow, Nordstrom's chat system has linked data from my Nordstrom account to my location/ISP, etc. Very invasive! As for the chat itself, the agent couldn't help because chat, too was just for addressing problems with online ordering! The chat agent said that when there's a problem, call the retail store! But if the problem is an issue with someone who could be one of the store's managers? What then? Do you bring the problem back to the person who failed to give you good service in the first place?

Trying to get good customer service has felt like playing 'Ring around the Rosie'; they've passed the buck over and over again! There was a time when Nordstrom was lauded for its superior customer service. No more! It looks like genuine customer service at Nordstrom has gone the way of buggy whips and button hooks.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I bought a pair of shoes from Nordstrom online. I bought a pair of 5.5 Adidas Ultra Boost DNA for $193! The top shoe. They were available in all sizes. When I received them, they were 9.5! I know I didn't push that button on my life! I called, told the customer care rep about the problem and he said that "You had to have pressed it, and that maybe I could sell them to a friend"! The rep told me that they didn't have my size and that they only had the 9.5. I am sending them back for a refund.

The next day, I looked online and saw that they only had 9.5 size shoes in the brand I wanted, leading me to think that the only size they had, when I ordered mine was the 9.5, and they were so desperate to make a sale, that they sent the 9.5 because the day before, that's all they had. Their response to my situation was cold, uncaring, and unprofessional, and I told them that I was a long time customer, and that they should admit to their actions as calculated and apologize. They refused. I am no longer a customer.

Nordstrom author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Nordstrom, Inc. started as a small shoe store in Seattle in 1901. The company now has brick-and-mortar stores throughout the United States and Canada.

• Selection: Consumers can find a wide variety of brands, styles and size options on the Nordstrom website. The website lists women’s sizes 4.5 to 13 and has a “4 and smaller” category as well as a “14 and above” category.

• Individualized returns: Nordstrom does not have an official return policy. Instead, the company works with individual customers to make sure they are satisfied.

• Videos: The Nordstrom website includes informative videos to help customers make a selection or care for their shoe purchases. They have videos for fitting shoes and boots and for cleaning suede and leather shoes.

• POP-IN: Each month, the Nordstrom site features a POP-IN shop with clothes, accessories and shoes from a special designer. Customers looking for unique pieces can watch for these special events.

Nordstrom Company Information