1.14/5

328 Nordstrom Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 21, 2019

I submitted my first payment to the card and received a confirmation email that the payment went through. Just under a month later (why so long is unacceptable), I received a letter in the mail that it didn't go through and I called immediately to set it right. The customer service agent did the payment on the phone with me to make sure it was done correctly (they have a voice recording of this). Again I received a confirmation email. I checked 2 days later and my balance was at 0. A few weeks later I received a call that I was reported to the credit bureau. No letter, no email saying payments didn't go through. Supposedly the banking info was missing 3 digits so why would I get a confirmation email?

Management felt I had a case and sent my info forward to dispute the case. Upper-level management didn't even look at it and I got a general letter saying by law they must report me - no information about my dispute at all showing they didn't bother looking at it. Of course, they don't have an ombudsman in order for me to make a proper complaint.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I order a very expensive lace bridal robe (plus, gift box and card) wedding shower I gave for my future daughter-in-law. On arrival, the robe was (not exaggerating one bit) stuffed in small box, INSIDE OUT, WITHOUT the satin belt, and the card (always typed in past) was handwritten in child like scribble. All I got was a sorry, no explanation as to why this happened?

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I received a certified letter from Nordstrom today (April 2019) telling me I am banned from shopping at any Nordstrom store or online because of my “excessive” returns. No advance warning. I never returned anything worn. Every item had a tag on it. I’ve spent tens of thousands at Nordstrom over the decades and with online shopping returns are necessary because you don’t know how it’ll look on you. I am disappointed. I called and was told that if I try to shop there my card would be declined. Absolutely ridiculous.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Nordstrom is not the Nordstrom that it used to be. I ordered a pair of shoes and decided to return them. They only give you free shipping with USPS which doesn't give you tracking information when you bring into a UPS store that has it mailed. I called Nordstrom since it had been 2 weeks and I thought I should receive a credit on my credit card but they tell me that it takes 3 weeks to get an email confirmation that they received and then will put through a credit. They certainly know how to take your money very quickly but receiving it back is a pain! I buy shoes from Zappos, Amazon, etc and as soon as you bring them to UPS - boom you receive a credit. That's good business and a way to receive repeat business. Nordstrom - bad business practices and no repeat customer here!!!!

Original review: March 29, 2019

Called in to online customer service got a lazy attitude from one of their agents with heavy accent. Tried to get help with a order and was spoken to in such a negative manner. I was shocked how lazy and depressed these women are with customers, so I cancelled it! Never again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?

Original review: March 27, 2019

Today I got the shoes ordered by online and I couldn’t help not being upset. I ordered and paid for a pair of new shoes but it definitely looked that someone used it. I felt rather poorly. Online shopping is based on a trusty but this experience with Nordstrom online shopping frustrated me. How used and dirty shoes can be delivered? It is against common sense. The bottom is covered by dirt and a little piece of glue or gum was on it and the side part of inside of a shoe has stain on it. I had a high opinion of Nordstrom but this online shopping experience made me disappointed. And I contacted to customer center and the lady told me only ‘Sorry...’. She made an exchange order for me but the color was different one!! It was really awful.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Pants are great, however watch-out for their cheating practices when charging your card. They placed a $324 authorization hold for the original total purchase. Then, because they shipped items separately, they ALSO charged my card the value of each individual shipment. So basically, they have now tied-up with authorizations & charges a total of $648 of my money, for the purchase of $324. And the run-around they gave me for my 40-minutes time, is that they are sorry for the inconvenience but not to worry because the original $324 will drop-off in 3-5 business days. My bank advised that if Nordstrom will call my bank, authorize them to remove the initial $324, my bank will do that immediately. But no, Nordstrom obviously doesn't give a ** about their customers. Best part (yes there is more) they tell me I can try calling their Credit Team, at 800#, but "they would also provide you with the same information".

Original review: March 16, 2019

Do not use your credit card on this site. It will give an error and attempt to pull funds multiple times. Cynthia ** (Lead Customer Care Supervisor) could not help me- told me to call my bank and lied about how many pending transactions had been made. "Good afternoon Sean, please be advised the 2 pending authorizations to VISA ** did not generate any orders or charge your account. Please allow 2-3 business days for transactions to remove. Please feel free to contact Member Care Services at (888)547-8438 if you have any further questions or..."

Original review: March 5, 2019

They posted the boots and I bought them. They took my money immediately. Four days later they canceled the order saying that it wasn't available. They said they were refunding my money in about 3 days. Meanwhile the boots still showed they were available on the website.

Original review: March 2, 2019

So I have been a long time customer doing on average $2k to $3k a year. They claimed they falsely priced some items I purchased and even after they shipped it out, they asked UPS to return to warehouse my shipment. Then first customer service said it's out of stock. I called liar, so first manager said some mix up like price or inventory or something. I'm not sure. So I call BS again, then they call me with higher ** speaking manager and she just outright said the price they offered was too good and they changed their mind!!! So once you order, I guess they decide if they want the sale or not. Sounds more like eBay bid than purchase. I will be taking my business essay elsewhere!!!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I recently had such a series of poor experiences with customer service that I decided to leave Nordstrom and cancel my credit card with them. After more than 20 years being a private label credit card holder and have spent tens of thousands of dollars with them. A supervisor Evelyn ** basically fired me as a customer after refusing to help me or even apologize for Nordstrom's error in billing that created numerous problems for my personal credit rating. Nordstrom has had several security breaches - most recently in November 2018 - beware of the security and safety of your information. I wrote a blog post on LinkedIn that you can read, entitled: "Has Even Nordstrom Lost Its Way?"

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Need to stop supporting this store. I purchased a 665.00 pair of Manolo Blahnik, they came in a box no tissue. A scuff mark they looked like I got them from Nordstrom Rack! I asked for a new pair in new condition with a dust bag. Second pair arrived via the USPS not even UPS and the tissue was waded up and strewn everywhere and it had a used Jimmy Choo dust bag in it. It came from the Charlotte store. I called CS and they stated, "Yes that’s bad but there’s nothing we can do." I said, "So you have messed this up twice and you can do nothing" and the manager Jacylyn or Jackie said, "Yes that's correct. Our policy is to never make a price adjustment." They are now the absolute WORST of all the retailers! The used 665.00 dollar pairs of shoes are going back! What a fall from Grace. This store has done best to worst in just a few years! I hope upper mgt reads this but with the lazed attitude of the Managers it is doubtful!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Recently I bought a sweater from Nordstrom online. When I received the sweater it was obviously tried on more than a few times at the store that it was sent from. I did not even try the sweater on because it smelled of so many various types of perfume and mustiness. I immediately repackaged it, filled out the slip saying “do not want” and sent it back. Yesterday I received a package from UPS with a signature required. Inside the package was the very same stinky sweater sent back to me from Nordstrom saying that they were not granting my return because it was obviously worn. You can tell by the date I receive the sweater and the date it was sent back that it would’ve been impossible for me to be the one to have worn the sweater and created such a vast amount of funk and perfume.

I am disappointed that they would send a sweater out to me in that shape, but even more disappointed that it would be suggested that I’m the one who wore it and returned it. The mailing that was sent to me was not only offensive to me, but in my opinion very unprofessional. Not that it should matter but I am a top level 4 Nordstrom cardholder and spend thousands of dollars each month at Nordstrom, so the idea that I would return a sweater like this with this amount of wear and funk is ridiculous.

As I stated before you can see from the return date to the received date that there was only a few hours in between. I went to the post office within an hour of receiving the sweater to return it back to them. And I have the UPS confirmation email and the receipt to prove this from USPS. I have had a few other unfortunate return issues with their online service in the past and this one has put me over the edge. Nordstrom, you are a big disappointment! Needless to say I am officially through with Nordstrom and I am going to be taking my shopping elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I ordered leather jacket during the Thanksgiving period in '18 that supposed to entitle a $50 gift card in January for that purchased item over $250. However, I never received that gift card email. Sent them an email in January and never received a response. Even worse, I called in February to hear that the promotion had expired. The reward people including the supervisor John checked and found out that they made mistake not including me on the recipient list for gift cards but they can't do anything about it. Then John commented that it is interesting if I write a review with unsatisfactory experience. This large corporate seems to have a long way to improve their customer services unfortunately.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I was searching for an item that wasn't available at that store, the sales associate as per my request, this associate obtained the item from another store and it sent to my local store me so I could pick up for my local store.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

After years of shopping at Nordstrom, my dismay in discovering the department formally known as "Petite" no longer exists was disappointing at best. I am sincerely outraged and insulted as a 5'2" woman that I am no longer welcome to shop in your stores and regulated to online only. Is Nordstrom's only catering to a certain height/shape and age woman? Half the female population is under 5'4" and I counted on finding non cookie cutter fashion in your petite department. Further insult seems to be the trend was started with consultation from the Kardashians. Seriously! That is so offensive! Bring back your petite department, otherwise I have little or no motivation to shop at your store.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I made a purchase this morning from Nordstrom.com. I used my Nordstrom Credit Card. Instead - my personal bank account was deducted for this amount. I do not have any credit cards saved on the website. I tried calling several times to their customer service and got nowhere. I refunded what I bought and the cash did not instantly come back to my bank card. I'm frustrated that I don't have access to my cash that they took from a different card than the one I used. NEVER ordering again online!! And on top of that they accessed my Facebook page without asking and sending me receipts to my message folder. I don't want receipts sent to my Facebook page. I only want ONE receipt sent to my email that I provided. That receipt service they are involved with is called HADLEY.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I bought enough merchandise to receive a $50 gift card for the Cyber Monday promotion. The gift card never arrived. After visiting the retail store asking about its arrival, the employees just kept stating it will arrive soon. When I checked on the website customer service chat system they told me it was expired even though I never even received it. They will not honor it. Nordstrom has the worst service! I feel like it was a fraudulent promotion. Be aware!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I received a pair of Frye boots for Christmas ($400+) from my father and they were a little too small. I sent them back to Nordstom with the return slip filled out inside asking to be sent a gift card for the amount the boots cost. Instead, they refunded my father for the boots he had bought me. After I called SEVERAL times I finally got ahold of someone in customer care. They said if my father returned their email and gave them permission they would take the funds back out of his account and send me the gift card. Well, come to find out they weren't able to do so and suggested I ask my father to buy a $417 gift card for me. HOW AWKWARD! I now have no boots, no gift card, and no Christmas present. Never shopping here AGAIN!!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I work directly across the street from Nordstrom Rack in White Plains. I have been TRYING to shop there since the day it opened year ago. The cashiers seem so lazy and disgruntled. They will do anything than take another customer. They seemed annoyed to do their job. Time and time again I get fooled. I get online with a few people in front of me and three persons at manning the cashiers. And then when I look up from my phone 15 minutes later I see the cashiers have disappeared or are slowing folding the returns are placing tickets on the items.

Ninety-five percent of the time I complain and then give up leaving my items at the register. I did this today and three people walked out with me. With retail store closing by the second how can Norstrom Rack continually employ lazy and apathetic people or maybe they need to give them some sort of incentive to move the line quicker. Over the years I could have spent thousands in that store having a family of 4 and working across the street. But I rather get my shopping done at the malls located five blocks in either direction.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I have read the Nordstrom Rack return/exchange policy and understand it. I bought a pair of shoes and selected my actual size. I received the shoes and they are too big. It is baffling to me that a company of this size DOES NOT do exchanges. On top of that, they charge me a shipping fee to return the shoes on an online order. This is some 1990 BS. ANY online retailer takes returns or exchanges, especially when making a purchase that has sizing issues. Very disappointing, and I will not purchase from them again.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Last year they approved me for a Norstrom rack store card. I only used $700 of the $15,000 I was approved for and one day I tried to buy something online and it wouldn’t let me!!! So I called them and they tell me I need to send them my social security number my ID and a utility bill in my name. Ok so I fax them the info. Months later they still put a hold on my card. One day I get a letter in the mail from them saying they closed my account and I can’t use my card anymore!!!

They also dinged my credit because they made an inquiry to my credit report!!! Why?? When they already had approved me the year before!!! I have never paid my bills late!!! I gave them my business by shopping there often!!! I will never shop there again!!! They are not to be trusted and they don’t care about their customers!!! That is how they treat a loyal customer??? So the day that I got that letter telling me they canceled my store card I went there immediately and paid them their $700 back!!! And I will tell everyone not to do business with them because they are deceptive!!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Don't waste your time looking on the Nordstrom online site. You check the specifics size, color... and every item that you click on, Nordstrom response is "out of stock". This is 2019 not 2000. I am never wasting my time on this website again.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I have been a regular customer at Nordstrom for YEARS. This past year has been a complete nightmare. Their online/mail returns department is an absolute joke. I have had SEVERAL orders go "missing" when I returned them using prepaid labels or they have updated the WRONG items - they mark an item which I did not return as returned as opposed to the actual item, or I have returned a couple of items in the same package but they claim only one of those items are in the box.

The last time I notified the returns department that they refunded me for the WRONG item (AGAIN) they claimed that based on their research this is an on-going issue and they are not going to refund me for the other item. Yeah, it's an on-going issue because their lazy returns department doesn't bother to open the box, scan the items in the box, and refund the correct items - but they are pointing the finger at me and claiming that I am lying about which items I have actually returned. I don't believe for a second that the research department staff does anything more than just sit and replies to emails and not physically verify any packages. This is a joke. I am out hundreds of dollars because of their incompetence. This is the only retailer where I have had this issue, time and time again. I filed a complaint with the BBB because I am not about to lose my money for brand new items I sent back and they failed to update properly.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I have made several purchases from Nordstrom rack. Three of my orders over the last few years have arrived and they have either been a) Not the color I ordered or b) The wrong size. This has been annoying because rather than just returning the item, I have to phone to make sure they refund me for the shipping too since it hasn’t been my fault. It’s very disappointing waiting for a package and not knowing if you’ll actually get the item you ordered. Third time is a charm: I’m not shopping here anymore.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Ordered overnight shipping on boots. They cancelled my order. Called me three days later to resubmit my order, and still hadn't refund my money on to my account! Then I go ahead and resubmit my order. They take my money from a different car and they now have down a car seat for my order instead of my fiance's boots! Are you kidding me???? Now they cancel my order again after I call then they want me to pay again because they canceled another transaction!! Then they get it right but now Next Day Air isn't available! Worst ever. I will never give Nordstrom a dime! They shaved years off my life with this! I wish I could give zero stars!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

WORST EMPLOYEES EVER!!! LAZY!!! I ordered the wrong pair of shoes with a gift card by mistake. I called right away to cancel the order. The customer service rep I spoke to DID NOTHING! The worst part is she made me believe she took care of everything. She told me she had to call the fulfillment center to cancel the order and I would get an email the next day and my gift card would have the money back. The supervisor said everything she told me was a lie. They can't call their fulfillment centers to cancel orders and I would have to be sent a new gift card. Get it together Nordstrom! You sell high end clothes like Gucci but your customer service is the worst in the industry! Walmart customer service is far superior.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I have shopped at Nordstrom for many, many years. I currently have 97 pairs of shoes I purchased from them in my closet, not counting ones I have worn out or given away. I also buy six or seven dresses a year. A month ago I got a letter from them saying that although they tried to be really nice to their customers, they were canceling my account due to "excessive returns", that I was taking advantage of their kindness and good nature, and that I could not purchase anything from Nordstrom online ever again, no one in my family was eligible to purchase anything from Nordstrom, no one in my household was eligible to purchase anything from Nordstrom, and I was not even allowed to purchase anything from any Nordstrom store ever again. I had never received any previous communication regarding this issue and the letter sounded as though it were written by a spoiled eight year old.

Since they make quite a big deal offering shipping-free returns, I could find no limit mentioned anywhere, this is obviously a highly successful marketing strategy, not some wonderful generosity on their part - and my rate of returns hasn't changed in 20 years - I called to ask why. Also to ask, realistically, how they thought they would stop me from shopping there if I were determined?! I got no response after several phone calls and messages. I finally called the fraud number on my credit card, since I had a $379 CREDIT balance and I at least wanted my money refunded. They told me that they would have eventually done that. I asked them to go ahead and send me a check now. They did - but they shorted me $20! I still have no idea what their issue was but fortunately with online shopping there are far better websites with interesting clothing and shoes and rational customer service.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

This site is complete waste of time, 24 hours after placing your order you will receive this email: "Thanks for understanding. Hi there, we want to say that we're sorry. Unfortunately, we will not be able to fulfill your recent order." This happened 3 times in less than a month!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I ordered an item a couple weeks before Christmas. Nordstrom guaranteed (in bright red font) that my items would arrive before Christmas. I received a confirmation email immediately after the order was placed. I waited a week for a tracking number before calling for the order status. The CSR informed me that my order will be arriving after Christmas, but no later than the 28th. This is obviously very upsetting news. Then one day before the new expected delivery date, I get a refund for the order because it has been cancelled.

I check to see if the item is out of stock or something, however, that was not the issue. I called CSR again and she initially said the item was not in stock, but I told her it is available for order on the website. She confirms that it is in stock. When trying to re-order, the CSR asked me to pay for the full price of the item, when I had originally purchased at 30% off. All of this is way too much trouble for a simple order! All of my other online orders were delivered before Christmas -- as promised. I am a very unhappy Nordstrom customer.

Nordstrom expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Nordstrom, Inc. started as a small shoe store in Seattle in 1901. The company now has brick-and-mortar stores throughout the United States and Canada.

• Selection: Consumers can find a wide variety of brands, styles and size options on the Nordstrom website. The website lists women’s sizes 4.5 to 13 and has a “4 and smaller” category as well as a “14 and above” category.

• Individualized returns: Nordstrom does not have an official return policy. Instead, the company works with individual customers to make sure they are satisfied.

• Videos: The Nordstrom website includes informative videos to help customers make a selection or care for their shoe purchases. They have videos for fitting shoes and boots and for cleaning suede and leather shoes.

• POP-IN: Each month, the Nordstrom site features a POP-IN shop with clothes, accessories and shoes from a special designer. Customers looking for unique pieces can watch for these special events.

• Best for: The Nordstrom website carries shoes for adults and children and is best for bust adults, professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs