Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.63/5

Nordstrom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?

Original review: March 12, 2021

I received a private event promotional email with a discount available to use at Nordstrom Rack. The code was not working and after spending an hour with customer service (chat and phone call) I was able to submit my order and utilized the discount. Today I received an email cancelling my order without an explanation. The item is available since is still online and my CC was charged so I don't understand with the order was cancelled. I am so disappointed. The customer service was terrible, it took an hour to place the order and 3 days the order was cancelled. The entire experience was terrible and very frustrating. Nordstrom has lost a loyal customer.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I have received very bad customer service from Nordstrom today. Since I have many other options such as Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomindales, etc I will not be spending another dime of my money at Nordstrom.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

The delivery research team has terrible customer service skills and they do not provide any help or explanation as to why they deny your refund. They confirm the items have been returned but provide no details as to why they do not process the refund! I’m a loyal customer for years I have an icon status with Nordstrom. I am sad I have to give a negative review for my long time favorite store. I read another user's review that has experienced the same thing I am dealing with. It's been a month since I returned back a couple of designer items which Nordstrom customer service has confirmed they have received. But refund has not been issued and no one knows why?

I call, email, chat with a representative daily and they say that I have to wait for an email from the delivery research team. I wait and I wait only to get a response saying “sorry we are unable to process your refund” BUT THEY DON’T TELL YOU WHY! It's horrible and so frustrating. For the first time in the past 10 years I am actually thinking of stop shopping at Nordstrom. I am lost. I have a large bill for items I have sent back. Confirmation that items have been received but no refunds and no response about why I am not getting a refund. Horrible. Just horrible experience.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I received a $15 voucher from Nordstrom to be used at the store, or Nordstrom Rack or HauteLook. I used it for a pair of shoes on their website, but it turns out the shoes were actually Nordstrom Rack's. Never got an order or shipping confirmation and after a few weeks the charge mysteriously disappeared off my credit card. I ordered the same pair of shoes on January 21, was charged, but never received them. I chatted with Rack and they said the shoes were shipped to a nearby Nordstrom store on Jan 26. Called the store - they had no record of the shoes and said they were Nordstrom, not Rack, and give Rack a call. So I then called Rack CS and they refunded me for the CC charge.

I give up - even though the shoes are still available on the website it's just not worth it for me to deal with this company. Years ago I ordered from Rack and HauteLook - they offered great service, but I have NO IDEA why they have become so AWFUL and INEFFICENT now. Seriously, why bother with them? So disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I have been a loyal customer of Nordstrom’s for years. I have never had a problem go unresolved when contacting customer service until recently. Here is my experience. I recently returned two items by mail, along with other items that I haven’t been refunded for and Nordstrom customer service seems to have no idea what is going on with my returns nor are they able to process the refund at this time. I have never called Nordstrom customer service and spoken to someone who says “I don’t know... I’m sorry... this must be frustrating... but I don’t have an answer for you, you will have to wait and see..”

The first item is a pair of Tory Burch shoes I sent back in the same box as a Tory Burch handbag. I received a refund for the bag to my PayPal account. The shoes which were on my Nordstrom credit card and are visible in my purchase history have not been refunded. Upon contacting customer service the representative was able to see that the item was received or sent to their return review department on 1/8/21, today is 1/27/21 and still no refund. The customer service representative told me she could not issue a refund for the shoes even though she could clearly see Nordstrom had received the shoes on the 8th, that it is up to their return review department to process the refund. That she would send over a request to process the return and I will receive an email with a decision in 24-48 hours. A decision? The shoes in question were unworn, in original box, etc.. This alone is unnerving.

The other item was a Zella sweatshirt, also purchased on my Nordstrom credit card, viewable in my purchase history, that was sent back along with other items that have been credited back to my Nordstrom account. Again I was told by another representative that my return request was passed along to the returns review department and that I will receive an email with a decision in 24-48 hours. I received an email that simply stated my return request was denied. Not even a reason why they would deny the return. I called again, to find out why the return was denied. I was told by a 3rd representative that “they don’t know, and that they understand my frustration, and they are sorry, but there is nothing they can do except escalate the claim with the returns review department and that I will receive another decision via email in 24-48 hours.”

I called a 4th time thinking that possibly someone else might have better insight. I spoke to a supervisor who looked into the issue and said while she was able to see when the shoes arrived and they are accounted for, the sweatshirt is not accounted for. Is it missing? Did it fall in the floor? She doesn’t know, she doesn’t have access to that information and she is not able to process a refund for either item until they are reviewed by the returns department.

Never have I ever heard of the returns review department, nor have I ever had them referenced so many time regarding return status. I asked if this is a new policy. To which I was told, the return review department is nothing new, that all the returns are processed through them. Yet I have never had a problem with items missing from my mailed returns. And if I did I never had to wait 24-48 hours for a decision to be made. I sent an email to Nordstrom customer service referencing all of these issues, I am awaiting their response. However this has permanently affected my relationship with Nordstrom forever. Even if these issues are fixed within their customer service department, I can never trust again that my returns made by mail will be processed correctly.

Part of the joy of shopping with Nordstrom was the ease of which you could send back items by mail, combine items from multiple orders, and never have to worry about if and when your account will be credit. Now I would feel that I’d be gambling sending items back by mail, since I have had two items go missing in the last month that were returned by mail. I would feel that I have to watch my mailed returns like a hawk to make sure they are received, properly processed, and credited back to my account. And if not? What is my recourse? To call customer service to be told I’m out of luck? Because that is what I’m being told. Unfortunately I made both of these purchases with my Nordstrom store credit card, or I have raised the issue with my credit card company in the fir of a dispute against Nordstrom.

I did call Nordstrom credit department who told me at this time I can’t raise a dispute against the store. I can’t even think of another time where I have felt so helpless and at the mercy of a company to just do the right thing. Never again. There are too many other retailers out there to be bothered. I hope this complaint reaches someone who cares enough to set Nordstrom straight. At the least I hope it serves as a warning to anyone who buys online or returns through the mail with Nordstrom that their customer service is not what it once was, and that customer satisfaction is not a priority to Nordstrom anymore. To everyone else that is voicing similar concerns with the level of, or lack thereof, of customer service, you are not alone.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I received a $1000 gift card for my birthday, which I used to buy one blouse for $84.93, leaving $915.07. When I went to order online with my gift card, I couldn't use it. I contacted Nordstrom customer service repeatedly and have been misdirected, hung up on, placed on endless hold, etc. I finally discovered the employee used my gift card number to take herself shopping at a Nordstrom Rack in Los Angeles, while I was hard at work in my home state of Michigan. The thief spent $674.20 on her first trip and $204.24 two days later. Since she did not have the gift card, the number was entered manually by the store clerk. After I pointed out to Nordstrom how I had been defrauded, the company response was to freeze my card completely, and keep the remaining $36.63 which was not stolen for themselves.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I ordered 2 pairs of shoes and returned them January 11th because they were too small. I have yet to receive the money. I have talked to Nordstrom 5 days who keeps telling us lies. I have talked to the bank and PayPal whom Nordstrom blamed it on and neither of them have seen a return posted. I will NEVER buy from Nordstrom again. Still haven't received my money and they have the shoes also! Very frustrating!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

I have a serious problem. My sister (Ashley **) ordered my daughter a pair of Hunter rain boots from Nordstrom. She ordered them, I believe around the first of December because they were intended to be a Christmas present. I'm not sure of the exact date they were delivered but when I received them we noticed they were a size too small. Easy fix right? Wrong! I called and Rep#1 told me we could exchange them easily. He said he issued an exchange and they would be sent out with a shipping slip to return the ones that were too small. He was super nice and I thought the problem was solved. I was excited about this arrangement because my sister had gotten the other ones sent in a gift box. Of course it was just a few days before Christmas so I knew the new ones wouldn't be here in time for Christmas but I figured it wouldn't be long after so no big deal.

I waited two weeks before calling because I thought with the holidays it might be longer delivery times. When I called Rep#2 told me the exchange was never processed and he kept putting me on hold, which eventually ended with him hanging up on me. So I called back and spoke with Rep#3. I told her the person I was just speaking with hung up on me. She never apologized for that. She proceeded to tell me that Nordstrom doesn't do exchanges that way and that Rep#1 had told me wrong and that I would need to pay for an entire new pair to get an exchange and they would refund me when they received the pair that was too small. I told her that it was a gift so that wasn't possible.

That's when she told me that the pair we wanted was no longer available. That was a little weird since they had many sizes available just a few hours before but I would have been happy to get any exchange at this point seeing as it was well after Christmas and my daughter still hadn't received her gift from my sister. Rep#3 proceeded to let me know that since that boot was no longer available that I would have to ship the old pair back and they would send me a gift card since it was a gift to pick something else out for her. She said she emailed the shipping slip and all I needed to do was pack everything up and send it back with the slip. So of course I never received the email. I got on the website and started a return. There was an option for gifts where a gift card would be issued once the return was received so I of course clicked that option and did as instructed.

I kept up with the tracking number and noticed it was delivered to a return agent on January 15th so I called Nordstrom. I spoke with Rep#4 and told her the return had been delivered and no one had contacted me or my sister to issue any kind of refund or gift card. She told me that normally Nordstrom does not issue gift cards. That it usually goes back to original payment. I questioned this because why would there be an option for gift card for gifts on the website if you don't intend on issuing them to people in my situation. Finally rep#4 decided to ask someone else and came back on the line to tell me that yes she could put in a request for a gift card and it would be sent over email within two business days so by Monday I should have it. This was fine, of course I'm super frustrated about it taking nearly a month and a half to get this resolved but finally she will get her rain boots.

I then chatted with Rep#5 to make sure the gift card was issued and we wouldn't have to wait any longer. I also wanted to let someone know what had happened because I was pretty frustrated at this point. I thought it was absolutely crazy that Nordstrom had received the boots that were too small and didn't even care enough to issue any type of refund even though my sister spent nearly 100$ on your product between the cost of the boots, shipping, and gift wrapping. Rep#5 told me she was sorry for the inconvenience but at least I have my gift card now (which I do not have it yet). I asked her if there was anyone I could speak with about this issue and she gave me this email address.

Not sure if I will actually get any kind of response but this was ridiculous. My daughter will not get her Christmas gift until almost February because of problems that your representatives created. I've talked with five people and had five different stories (excuses) for this issue not being resolved in a timely manner. I wanted to tell someone about what happened because I'm hoping this might reach someone that cares about the business you are running and hopefully you can get this problems fixed before they happen to someone else. That's pretty much it, thanks for your time and I hope you have a lovely day! Sincerely, Staci **.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

This is probably the fifth time this has happened.. Every time I order something from Nordstrom Online, it takes WEEKS to get to my door. For example, I just ordered two simple things on Sunday, January 17th. As of Wednesday, January 20th, the order is still 'in processing.' What is going on? eCommerce is a thing.. Nordstrom. Your strategic re-positioning of closing physical locations aren't helping your digital strategies, if you cannot provide the consumer a reasonable shipping time... Geesh. I'm seriously regretting having a credit account with them.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I am terribly disgusted! I ordered gifts from Nordstrom that were promised on a specific date, (1-21-21). I ordered on 1-13-21. I called on 1-15-21 and was ASSURED it would be to me on time. I get an email on 1-17-21 that the package had shipped. On 1-18-21, I see where USPS update the package would be delivered. On 1-23-21; two days late. I talk with a supervisor, Karen. She said her hands were tied and could offer ANY type of compensation. WOW! What has happened to customer service in this country?

Now, I will look like a boob when I hand a piece of paper as a gift because Nordstrom took four day to ship two Aviator Nation t-shirts. This is not the way to do business. I guess I should have read reviews about Nordstrom's delivery issues. The CEO needs to be reading these reviews, as he/she is the one responsible for their horrible customer service OR should I say lack of customer service. They now have one less customer. I would love for the CEO to contact me to explain why they charge such high prices but offer such low expectations. DO NOT ORDER FROM NORDSTROM!

Nordstrom author review by ConsumerAffairs

Nordstrom, Inc. started as a small shoe store in Seattle in 1901. The company now has brick-and-mortar stores throughout the United States and Canada.

• Selection: Consumers can find a wide variety of brands, styles and size options on the Nordstrom website. The website lists women’s sizes 4.5 to 13 and has a “4 and smaller” category as well as a “14 and above” category.

• Individualized returns: Nordstrom does not have an official return policy. Instead, the company works with individual customers to make sure they are satisfied.

• Videos: The Nordstrom website includes informative videos to help customers make a selection or care for their shoe purchases. They have videos for fitting shoes and boots and for cleaning suede and leather shoes.

• POP-IN: Each month, the Nordstrom site features a POP-IN shop with clothes, accessories and shoes from a special designer. Customers looking for unique pieces can watch for these special events.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team