3.9/5 (671 ratings)

About Nordstrom

Nordstrom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2022

If I Could leave a negative star I would... I have had an absolute NIGHTMARE experience ALL between 12/16 and 12/23 Starting with looking like a credit criminal trying to pass a fake card because there was a "restriction" on the card I had JUST opened to, being treated like a criminal, criminal because the associate did NOT take off the magnetic strip on the perfume and the alarm going off NOT once but TWICE... Then being told off when on a text chat, hung up on by the credit department, now a $1600.00 Christian Louboutin purse is just LOST in the mail and NO big deal we'll process a refund in 5 to 7 days and if I wanna buy another one I can "END CHAT" is what I got... Really?

In a time that the economy is awful I spent over $2,000 dollars in less than a week and get treated like absolute GARBAGE the one person who helped a supervisor by the name of JACKSON that I spoke to was helpful but I can tell you from personal experience NORDSTROMS is GOD AWFUL and just to make sure I will repost a negative review about this until I get some sort of call...

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

I have had Ugg boots in the cart for couple of days. Today I got an email from Nordstrom saying that the item in the cart now on sale. So I thought that 25% is a pretty good discount and I decided to make a purchase. When I went by a link, I was not able to find a coupon or automatic discount. So I called Nordstrom customer service. The representative said that it was a mistake, read a passage from the conditions saying that basically Nordstrom can have mistakes in description, price, etc. and they can always correct mistakes even after the purchase is complete! Have you ever seen a bigger fraud?! They are saying that Nordstrom can send you an advertisement and it can be just their mistake or even done on purpose to draw your attention, however, Nordstrom will never be responsible for that! How do you like this?!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

OMG I placed an order, it will be a week tomorrow & it still hasn't shipped. I talked to Customer Service asking why this order hasn't shipped. She could not give me a definitive response. She told me it's shipping from Riverside, CA 20 miles from my delivery address. This order should have shipped 3 days after the order was placed. Very disappointed in how Nordstrom ships orders. This is the 2nd time I've had delayed shipping. My best advice just to one of their stores so you won't experience the headache I'm having about this order. Nordstrom's need to hire a more suitable Logistics Department & Manager.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

Nordstrom is going the cheap route by using OnTrac as their delivery service. OnTrac, for my location (a store front in a busy downtown) leaves packages on the public sidewalk, outside of normal & posted retail hours. In this instance, OnTrac & Nordstrom swear up & down that the package was delivered. No surprise - the package was not received. Nordstrom is refusing to refund, despite this unethical delivery method. Nordstrom is no longer a great retail store. Now, they are one of the worst. My advise - shop somewhere/anywhere else.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Nordstrom barely has anything high end or of good quality but I decided to give them a try with a pair of Bottega shoes. I ordered the shoes and when they arrived they did not come in the original Bottega Veneta box. They came in a Nordstrom box with wrinkled packaging and without the original wraps for the shoes. The strings were taped up. As a person who purchases high end luxury items this was the first time I’ve seen this. Being that the packaging is just as important as the item and being a content creator, I planned to unbox these but could not. I was very disappointed. I called customer service to see if the original box could be sent and was told no. I’ll be returning these and ordering directly from Bottega. Horrible customer service, these shoes are not cheap.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I was surprised to learn that Nordstrom allows pets on a leash in their stores. Could end up being very unsanitary!! Not to mention that an animal can get agitated in a crowded indoor environment that they are not familiar with and be hostile or worse bite a customer. And not all owners keep their pets fastidious so what about their germs? Although I love pets what about other shoppers who want to shop only with other people? I think this is a poorly thought out policy and should be revisited with an eye towards reversing it.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I first received these Hangisis in April as a birthday gift. It’s 5 months later & sadly I haven’t been able to wear them. The 1st pair were used & didn’t even come with dust bags or anything protecting the shape or crystals. From there something has been wrong with every pair from Nordstrom. They were either displays, used, or had a defect. Associates even mocked me when they thought I left the store but I heard it all & they became aware once I told them I’m still here. These are the 6th pair & now I’m questioning even more how Nordstrom stores their inventory. These look like they were stored in a hot warehouse because it’s all coming apart. I don’t want to say it’s Manolo because all the previous pairs I’ve received from Nordstrom were horrible. Signs of poor quality control. I’m starting to think they aren’t meant for me but they are the only store with the white crystals. It’s upsetting they don’t take care of higher priced items.

Original review: June 15, 2022

Sent a return back to Nordstrom on 6.3.22. Finally it was received by the company 6.11.22 in Elizabeth Town Pa, checked with nordstrom on 6.15.22 at 12:04pm to see the status of the return to be told by Liane they don't have the package yet. I literally have an email that shows it was received by nordstrom days ago. She seemed very misinformed and didn't understand if they had the order back or not, despite the email and tracking ID stating they did. She then told me the end of June I should get a refund. Seriously end of June? It takes seconds to take my money but weeks, maybe a months to get it back? Won't be shopping here ever again.

Original review: June 9, 2022

I have a gift card with balance $250 in my safety box for 3 years. Never take it out. Use and access code was sealed. I first time submitted it online shipping showed 0 balance. I have called customer service in 2 days for a few hours, nobody really help but just told me gift card can't be replaced and a transaction purchased in store in CA. I live in NJ for 20 years and never been CA for last 10 years. I asked for more detail with the transaction and they said nothing they can do.

Original review: May 23, 2022

I recently sent a return to Nordstrom of an item that had pilled really badly after the first wear. When I sent my return I specifically requested a gift card in return as I had closed my Nordstrom Visa card. I was given the run-around repeatedly. I had to follow up multiple times and never received a helpful response. Three months later I sent my routine email following up and they said they had credited my old Nordstrom visa. I had to re-explain the instructions because clearly they can't follow them. Then I was told to call Nordstrom customer service and they gave me a 1-800 number. WHAT? I explained I do not have that kind of time on my hands and re-iterated the assignment that they clearly failed. I never got the help I needed. Instead, a generic response from another country handling their customer service inquiries.

I never got the gift card and I never received my sweater. $280 vanished since Nordstrom can't handle their customer service in-house. They have joined forces of sending these affairs to another country. I have shared my story with friends and they have similar bad experiences with Nordstrom. Nordstrom is probably on their way out of business. The signs are there. They basically kept my money and my sweater. Unbelievable. I think I'll shop elsewhere.

Nordstrom author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Nordstrom, Inc. started as a small shoe store in Seattle in 1901. The company now has brick-and-mortar stores throughout the United States and Canada.

• Selection: Consumers can find a wide variety of brands, styles and size options on the Nordstrom website. The website lists women’s sizes 4.5 to 13 and has a “4 and smaller” category as well as a “14 and above” category.

• Individualized returns: Nordstrom does not have an official return policy. Instead, the company works with individual customers to make sure they are satisfied.

• Videos: The Nordstrom website includes informative videos to help customers make a selection or care for their shoe purchases. They have videos for fitting shoes and boots and for cleaning suede and leather shoes.

• POP-IN: Each month, the Nordstrom site features a POP-IN shop with clothes, accessories and shoes from a special designer. Customers looking for unique pieces can watch for these special events.

Nordstrom Company Information