3.9/5 (1058 ratings)

About Nordstrom

Nordstrom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Nordstrom barely has anything high end or of good quality but I decided to give them a try with a pair of Bottega shoes. I ordered the shoes and when they arrived they did not come in the original Bottega Veneta box. They came in a Nordstrom box with wrinkled packaging and without the original wraps for the shoes. The strings were taped up. As a person who purchases high end luxury items this was the first time I’ve seen this. Being that the packaging is just as important as the item and being a content creator, I planned to unbox these but could not. I was very disappointed. I called customer service to see if the original box could be sent and was told no. I’ll be returning these and ordering directly from Bottega. Horrible customer service, these shoes are not cheap.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I was surprised to learn that Nordstrom allows pets on a leash in their stores. Could end up being very unsanitary!! Not to mention that an animal can get agitated in a crowded indoor environment that they are not familiar with and be hostile or worse bite a customer. And not all owners keep their pets fastidious so what about their germs? Although I love pets what about other shoppers who want to shop only with other people? I think this is a poorly thought out policy and should be revisited with an eye towards reversing it.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I first received these Hangisis in April as a birthday gift. It’s 5 months later & sadly I haven’t been able to wear them. The 1st pair were used & didn’t even come with dust bags or anything protecting the shape or crystals. From there something has been wrong with every pair from Nordstrom. They were either displays, used, or had a defect. Associates even mocked me when they thought I left the store but I heard it all & they became aware once I told them I’m still here. These are the 6th pair & now I’m questioning even more how Nordstrom stores their inventory. These look like they were stored in a hot warehouse because it’s all coming apart. I don’t want to say it’s Manolo because all the previous pairs I’ve received from Nordstrom were horrible. Signs of poor quality control. I’m starting to think they aren’t meant for me but they are the only store with the white crystals. It’s upsetting they don’t take care of higher priced items.

Original review: June 15, 2022

Sent a return back to Nordstrom on 6.3.22. Finally it was received by the company 6.11.22 in Elizabeth Town Pa, checked with nordstrom on 6.15.22 at 12:04pm to see the status of the return to be told by Liane they don't have the package yet. I literally have an email that shows it was received by nordstrom days ago. She seemed very misinformed and didn't understand if they had the order back or not, despite the email and tracking ID stating they did. She then told me the end of June I should get a refund. Seriously end of June? It takes seconds to take my money but weeks, maybe a months to get it back? Won't be shopping here ever again.

Original review: June 9, 2022

I have a gift card with balance $250 in my safety box for 3 years. Never take it out. Use and access code was sealed. I first time submitted it online shipping showed 0 balance. I have called customer service in 2 days for a few hours, nobody really help but just told me gift card can't be replaced and a transaction purchased in store in CA. I live in NJ for 20 years and never been CA for last 10 years. I asked for more detail with the transaction and they said nothing they can do.

Original review: May 23, 2022

I recently sent a return to Nordstrom of an item that had pilled really badly after the first wear. When I sent my return I specifically requested a gift card in return as I had closed my Nordstrom Visa card. I was given the run-around repeatedly. I had to follow up multiple times and never received a helpful response. Three months later I sent my routine email following up and they said they had credited my old Nordstrom visa. I had to re-explain the instructions because clearly they can't follow them. Then I was told to call Nordstrom customer service and they gave me a 1-800 number. WHAT? I explained I do not have that kind of time on my hands and re-iterated the assignment that they clearly failed. I never got the help I needed. Instead, a generic response from another country handling their customer service inquiries.

I never got the gift card and I never received my sweater. $280 vanished since Nordstrom can't handle their customer service in-house. They have joined forces of sending these affairs to another country. I have shared my story with friends and they have similar bad experiences with Nordstrom. Nordstrom is probably on their way out of business. The signs are there. They basically kept my money and my sweater. Unbelievable. I think I'll shop elsewhere.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Let me start out by saying that I ordered a pair of Uggs on the 21st of April and to date (May 6th) I have yet to receive them. I contacted Fed Ex and no updates. Nordstrom offered nothing to me to make the situation better. The only thing that they said that they could do, was to offer free expedited shipping (oh, but I had to pay for it first) and then would be reimbursed 7-10 business days later. I have to call Nordstrom back next week in order to be eligible to receive my refund. It takes 12 business days to receive my money, on top of already waiting two week for my package?

This is so ridiculous I could only shake my head in disgust and even the rep I spoke to on the phone appeared to show a bit of empathy. Nordstrom, your refund policy is the worst ever and obviously you could care less about keeping your customers happy. I am going to share this experience on all my social media platforms and strongly discourage anyone to buy anything from you again. Terrible, terrible, service!!!!

Original review: April 13, 2022

We were long time Scottsdale Nordstrom customers over the years. For my wife's birthday, she picked the new CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN Cabata East-West Leather Tote Bag and ordered it online to be delivered to our house. A couple days later she gets notified it was delivered; she gets home and there is no box and no purse. Our Ring camera has no history of any delivery being made to our house. We call Nordstrom who does research with their HORRIFIC shipper OnTrac who tells them the package was delivered to our house but won't give us the coordinates. We checked our neighbors to make sure it didnt go elsewhere. Unless the delivery person and box are invisible, it never made it to our home.

Nordstrom is refusing to replace the purse and we would be stuck for paying $1400 for the purse we didn't get. Is Nordstrom ignorant to the fact OnTrac is ripping them off; the reviews of OnTrac confirm theft is rampant and they are a poorly run organization. We will never shop at Nordstrom again after being customers who have spent 10's of thousands of dollars over the years. We will fight paying for a purse we never received. Shame on you Nordstrom.

Original review: March 17, 2022

I placed an order (353676829) on 3/11/22 that has become the order from. Nordstrom's Seattle customer service supervisor was very short and borderline rude. Entire order was to be shipped on an expedited basis. After placing the order and paying for an expedited shipment, I was later notified that "some of your items will move via 'standard shipping.'" Nordstrom's Customer Service supervisor (William in Seattle), informed me that "I should have noticed that all the garments would not be expedited." After your order is completed online, you'll receive a confirmation notice. I briefly looked at it and it seemed accurate.

Only later, after William informed me that "I should have taken notice," did I realize that you must review every single item to see if it will be expedited. Why? I do not know, because they then told me, "If it doesn't show as shipping via expedited delivery, we can't change that." To confound issues even more, they told me that the items "would be shipped from the vendor," which is incorrect. Will probably return entire order!

Original review: March 6, 2022

Worst CS I have ever communicated. I have ordered Nike Yoga Pants and received Nike running shorts which costs cheaper than my ordered pants, I have explained that my address was a freight forwarder address and I am in a different Country from where shipping back to US costs a lot of money and they regret to pay the shipping fee or send exactly what I have ordered without return! WORST COMPANY, WORST CS! Not recommended!

Nordstrom author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Nordstrom, Inc. started as a small shoe store in Seattle in 1901. The company now has brick-and-mortar stores throughout the United States and Canada.

• Selection: Consumers can find a wide variety of brands, styles and size options on the Nordstrom website. The website lists women’s sizes 4.5 to 13 and has a “4 and smaller” category as well as a “14 and above” category.

• Individualized returns: Nordstrom does not have an official return policy. Instead, the company works with individual customers to make sure they are satisfied.

• Videos: The Nordstrom website includes informative videos to help customers make a selection or care for their shoe purchases. They have videos for fitting shoes and boots and for cleaning suede and leather shoes.

• POP-IN: Each month, the Nordstrom site features a POP-IN shop with clothes, accessories and shoes from a special designer. Customers looking for unique pieces can watch for these special events.

Nordstrom Company Information