3.9/5 (1080 ratings)

About Nordstrom

Nordstrom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?

Original review: May 23, 2022

I recently sent a return to Nordstrom of an item that had pilled really badly after the first wear. When I sent my return I specifically requested a gift card in return as I had closed my Nordstrom Visa card. I was given the run-around repeatedly. I had to follow up multiple times and never received a helpful response. Three months later I sent my routine email following up and they said they had credited my old Nordstrom visa. I had to re-explain the instructions because clearly they can't follow them. Then I was told to call Nordstrom customer service and they gave me a 1-800 number. WHAT? I explained I do not have that kind of time on my hands and re-iterated the assignment that they clearly failed. I never got the help I needed. Instead, a generic response from another country handling their customer service inquiries.

I never got the gift card and I never received my sweater. $280 vanished since Nordstrom can't handle their customer service in-house. They have joined forces of sending these affairs to another country. I have shared my story with friends and they have similar bad experiences with Nordstrom. Nordstrom is probably on their way out of business. The signs are there. They basically kept my money and my sweater. Unbelievable. I think I'll shop elsewhere.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Let me start out by saying that I ordered a pair of Uggs on the 21st of April and to date (May 6th) I have yet to receive them. I contacted Fed Ex and no updates. Nordstrom offered nothing to me to make the situation better. The only thing that they said that they could do, was to offer free expedited shipping (oh, but I had to pay for it first) and then would be reimbursed 7-10 business days later. I have to call Nordstrom back next week in order to be eligible to receive my refund. It takes 12 business days to receive my money, on top of already waiting two week for my package?

This is so ridiculous I could only shake my head in disgust and even the rep I spoke to on the phone appeared to show a bit of empathy. Nordstrom, your refund policy is the worst ever and obviously you could care less about keeping your customers happy. I am going to share this experience on all my social media platforms and strongly discourage anyone to buy anything from you again. Terrible, terrible, service!!!!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2022

We were long time Scottsdale Nordstrom customers over the years. For my wife's birthday, she picked the new CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN Cabata East-West Leather Tote Bag and ordered it online to be delivered to our house. A couple days later she gets notified it was delivered; she gets home and there is no box and no purse. Our Ring camera has no history of any delivery being made to our house. We call Nordstrom who does research with their HORRIFIC shipper OnTrac who tells them the package was delivered to our house but won't give us the coordinates. We checked our neighbors to make sure it didnt go elsewhere. Unless the delivery person and box are invisible, it never made it to our home.

Nordstrom is refusing to replace the purse and we would be stuck for paying $1400 for the purse we didn't get. Is Nordstrom ignorant to the fact OnTrac is ripping them off; the reviews of OnTrac confirm theft is rampant and they are a poorly run organization. We will never shop at Nordstrom again after being customers who have spent 10's of thousands of dollars over the years. We will fight paying for a purse we never received. Shame on you Nordstrom.

Original review: March 17, 2022

I placed an order (353676829) on 3/11/22 that has become the order from. Nordstrom's Seattle customer service supervisor was very short and borderline rude. Entire order was to be shipped on an expedited basis. After placing the order and paying for an expedited shipment, I was later notified that "some of your items will move via 'standard shipping.'" Nordstrom's Customer Service supervisor (William in Seattle), informed me that "I should have noticed that all the garments would not be expedited." After your order is completed online, you'll receive a confirmation notice. I briefly looked at it and it seemed accurate.

Only later, after William informed me that "I should have taken notice," did I realize that you must review every single item to see if it will be expedited. Why? I do not know, because they then told me, "If it doesn't show as shipping via expedited delivery, we can't change that." To confound issues even more, they told me that the items "would be shipped from the vendor," which is incorrect. Will probably return entire order!

Original review: March 6, 2022

Worst CS I have ever communicated. I have ordered Nike Yoga Pants and received Nike running shorts which costs cheaper than my ordered pants, I have explained that my address was a freight forwarder address and I am in a different Country from where shipping back to US costs a lot of money and they regret to pay the shipping fee or send exactly what I have ordered without return! WORST COMPANY, WORST CS! Not recommended!

Original review: March 3, 2022

On or about January 4, 2022, my friend sent me a gift from Nordstrom that was damaged. I contacted Nordstrom directly and they said to ship it back to them for an exchange of the same item. I promptly returned the item and never received the exchange. After 4 weeks, I again contacted Nordstrom. They told me to wait until February 25, 2022, at which point they said their store policy required them to provide a refund, replacement or gift card without further wait. I received nothing and contacted Nordstrom a 3rd time on February 25, 2022, at which time a customer service representative identifying herself as a "manager" named "SYAN" told me that Nordstrom would not honor the exchange but would send a gift card and it would take 5 days, even though the gift card is sent via email.

When I received nothing again, I contacted Nordstrom on March 4, 2022, and spoke to a customer service representative identifying herself as a "manager" named "TATIANA". Tatiana said Nordstrom never processed the requests for a gift card, although she confirmed receipt of the returned item weeks ago. This is appalling customer service.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

I know how this works. I'll write a review regarding my experience, and then I will get a gratuitous form email from the company saying that they are "genuinely" sorry and that they are dedicated to quality customer satisfaction. But are they really? Either way, I think it's important enough for me to take the time to write a review.

I purchased a popular pair of shoes through the Nordstrom website. They cost more than $1,200 including tax. When the package arrived at my house, I was excited to open the box. My excitement went downhill from there. The first thing that I noticed after I opened the outer package was the faded shoe box that had been taped and re-taped. There was even a hole on the bottom of the box. Not a big deal, but disappointing nonetheless since I planned to store the shoes in the box.

When I opened the shoe box, I first noticed the very wrinkled, torn, and somewhat dirty tissue paper. At this point, I was almost afraid to look at the shoes. The next thing I looked for were the beautiful red cloth dust bags that come with this brand of shoe. The brand's website even says, if the dust cloths are not included, they could be counterfeit. To my further dismay, the cloth dust bags were missing. I tried to justify my disappointment. After all, I was purchasing shoes and not the packaging right?

I took out the shoes. At first glance, they were gorgeous. They were just what I was looking for. But at closer examination, it looked like the red soles were dirty. They were not worn down, but they obviously had been worn. On the inside of one shoe was a rectangular gummy mark. It felt almost like there had been a sticker that had been peeled off inside the shoe.

After one attempt to question the delivery of such poor quality with Nordstrom customer service online, I decided to go to a store. There, I got a lot of lip service, but not a lot of solution. I saw the look on the manager's face when he opened the box and saw what $1,200 buys you at Nordstrom online. He did a good job. He stayed faithful to the company explaining that this happens sometimes and saying a lot of the same things we've come to expect from organizations who care less about customer satisfaction and more about bottom line.

So Nordstrom's remedy was simple. They'll return the money to my account with a few clicks, and then send a form apology letter with a few more clicks after reading a few negative reviews. I'm less faithful than the manager. I will no longer shop at Nordstrom or affiliated stores. I also wonder what the shoe company who uses Nordstrom to represent their product will think?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

A Dec. 2021 holiday promotion offered a $50 time-limited promotional e-gift card if you purchased a $300 e-gift card for someone. I have participated in this promotion in past years with no problem. The recipient received her $300 gift card by email, no problem. The promotional e-gift card did not arrive in my email on Jan 1 as promised, and it expires at the end of January. Mid January, I followed up and asked if it could be re-sent. Customer service agents of various ability attempted to solve my problem, but failed, even when we double checked the email address, and I triple checked my SPAM folder. Finally asked for a supervisor to try: no luck. So the supervisor then sent it to another email address (work), and that succeeded. Took 5 calls, 4 agents, 1 supervisor, and 5 days to get my card 5 days before it expired. Not sure what the problem was. Next year's gift cards will not be from Nordstrom.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Just an FYI, I bought a $300.00 jacket from Nordstrom for my daughter’s Christmas present. I bought the wrong size. Called customer service to do an exchange but they didn’t have the right color. So I did a return as disgust with customer service. 3 months later I still have not received a refund. Per USPS it was delivered and they even confirmed it was delivered. I have talked to several people at customer service and I finally was told that they can’t verify what I returned. So I guess they didn’t receive it correctly and lost track of it in they building. So have to pay for their issues. This could happen to you too. Don’t chance it!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

In January 2022 I noticed that Nordstrom Rack retracted a refund issued to me because CDL lost my package on 9.24. On 10.08 CDL marked the package “Delivered lost”. Not sure what that means but I have an email from CDL confirming that they lost it. I noticed a pending charge of 68$ on my account and I called and they refunded it again in January 2022 but seriously? I should pay for an item lost by a shipping company? And I was not even asked.

Right now I have another Order from 12.9.2021. 2 items say label created, tracking will be available when Lasership receives the package. Why is it marked delivered on NR website when it never started tracking? I called a few days ago. And these are things that I noticed. In general I do not even understand my credit card statement because of authorizations and then individual charges superimposed on authorizations. This is a rant basically because they should maybe check the tracking and what it really says.

Nordstrom author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Nordstrom, Inc. started as a small shoe store in Seattle in 1901. The company now has brick-and-mortar stores throughout the United States and Canada.

• Selection: Consumers can find a wide variety of brands, styles and size options on the Nordstrom website. The website lists women’s sizes 4.5 to 13 and has a “4 and smaller” category as well as a “14 and above” category.

• Individualized returns: Nordstrom does not have an official return policy. Instead, the company works with individual customers to make sure they are satisfied.

• Videos: The Nordstrom website includes informative videos to help customers make a selection or care for their shoe purchases. They have videos for fitting shoes and boots and for cleaning suede and leather shoes.

• POP-IN: Each month, the Nordstrom site features a POP-IN shop with clothes, accessories and shoes from a special designer. Customers looking for unique pieces can watch for these special events.

Nordstrom Company Information