Nordstrom

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Thankful for Yamila ** at the Estée Lauder Department from Merrick Park, Miami, Fl. She is professional, honest, helpful, caring and I trust her with my entire shopping with my eyes closed. Great Text App Orders with my Sales Rep., Ms. **, she is amazing and goes above and beyond for the customers. Thanks Nordstrom for having a great staff and having Yamila ** be part of your Team! Thank you Yamila ** for all of your help!

I made purchase last week for a pair of shoes. When I received the products it was seems like used one. Too much dusty, and when I tried to calling them about, they ask me to take snap and send me attached with product code. I did email them immediately after 6 days. I got reply to say like "we can't accept refund or exchange." Completely scam! I stopped buying from them. For other consumers who troubled with such websites wants to suggest that I found a new website https://www.boutiqueken.com. Really reasonable price in every manner and first of all very impressive their customer care.

This concerns shipping to APO/FPO and more specifically to your military families living overseas. On 11/17 I ordered dresses totaling $$$ to be shipped by standard shipping. I was informed today on 11/23 that the order has been shipped via Mail Innovations which notoriously takes up to 3 months to deliver to my FPO address. I contacted Nordstrom via chat immediately to cancel my order. I was told it is not possible because there is no tracking number. I am not out of $$$ for the next who knows how long which prevents me from ordering any other dresses and I will not have a dress for the upcoming Christmas holidays. All I wanted was a new dress. Very disappointed.

I placed an order on Oct 11th. Nordstrom Rack immediately charged my card for the order. The order shipped on Nov 6th. Although it shipped via UPS, it isn't estimated to arrive until Nov 14th (from California to Illinois). So basically it will take one month get the order. The website doesn't tell you about the delayed shipping; when you receive a confirmation email after placing your order, you'll see very small print stating that the items will take 7-10 days to ship. To me, this unacceptable. What if you purchase a dress for a Christmas party? Or maybe you've purchased something in the Fall season that you'd like to wear before snow hits the ground?

It also seems a bit nefarious that Nordstrom would charge your credit card so far ahead of shipping the item. Most online stores pre-authorize for the amount and then charge once the item has left their warehouse. I've already paid for the items, but I have nothing to show for it. I did call customer service - they said that "We're waiting on a vendor." I ordered multiple items from different brands, so this seems unlikely. Another reviewer to this site was told that they were updating their website. Regardless of the excuse, this is the last time I'll purchase from them.

I place an order on Oct. 25, 2016 and received confirmation that my items would ship in 4-7 days. After several days with no shipping updates I went online to check the status of my order. It still said the items were ready to ship in 4-7 days. On Nov. 5th 2016 I messaged an online customer service agent (Amole I believe) and he said they were updating the system and apologized for the delay. I asked if I could cancel my order and he said they would cancel it (because the items still have not shipped). I never received any confirmation that my order was canceled. The next day I received an email with an apology for the delay and saying my items would ship soon. I emailed customer service (it was late and no one was available too) and received confirmation that they had received my email (which contained the order info and another request to cancel my order).

The next morning I called and spoke to a rep to confirm that my order had been canceled and the woman I spoke to confirmed that yes it was canceled and I should receive a refund by the end of the week. This evening I received an email with shipping info for my order... so two people had promised that my order was canceled and now my items are being shipped. I told them I intended to return the items when I called to cancel the order so now Nordstrom has wasted it money and lost a customer for life.

They could have just said there was a shipping delay from the get go and they should not be charging my card right away if there are going to be weeks until they ship items. Anyway it how they handled this and lying to me multiple time that has pissed me off. I hope they enjoy wasting their money on shipping because the minute I receive my items I am going to the closest Nordstrom Rack and returning the items even if the items are amazing because I don't want to give them a penny.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?

I got a pair of Naturalizer Boots as a gift, but my daughters did not put the gift receipt in the box. They live in Florida. So I thought no problem I will just take them to the only Nordstrom's here in Maine a Off The Rack store. I had to talk with 7 different people & I was in there a good 45 minutes. I had ID & everything they asked for I gave them. Well, after all of this a certain manager who had been a little rude to me comes back up to the front of the store & says "no way are we giving you a store credit period." The SKU # and price tag were still on the item, plus I had the box too. So here I am stuck with boots that do not fit me and at 62 I really don't care for the boots. Anyone want to buy a pair of boots size 11m. LOL.

I wish I had seen these poor reviews before... I placed an order on October 26 and the message stated that it would be shipped between 7 to 10 days of placement of the order. It will be 10 days tomorrow and when I chatted with a person online (which took a half hour for someone to even respond) - their response was the same as 2 days ago when I inquired - basically they were "working on their shipment issues" and apologized but offered no idea of when the order will be shipped. However, they did charge my Nordstrom card. I will be taking my business elsewhere!

I have shopped at the online version of Nordstrom Rack for years. Usually, items are promptly shipped out within 3-4 days from ordering. Now, it has been over 14 days and when I contacted the Rack online, I was told that they are revamping their website, and that some long delays were expected. Well, they never mentioned this upfront when I placed my order. So I told them to cancel it but was told they weren't sure whether it could be accomplished. Plus I may have to wait days to find out plus I will not be refunded until who knows when. This behavior is unacceptable and I'd warn others to beware of Nordstrom as their actions are unethical.

I ordered a coat on 10 October from Nordstrom Rack who now ship to Australia. When the item was not received I tracked the order only to find it was returned to the sender on 18 October as my address could not be found - ridiculous as it is a block of 80 apartments with a concierge who regularly takes delivery of parcels. I went on live chat and confirmed that the address was indeed correct so there is no reason it could not be delivered. The live chat representative said it would be re-delivered and that I would be issued a new tracking number. I have twice followed up by email and received an automated response that someone would contact me within 24 hours but have not received any response. It has been a very frustrating experience. My next contact with Nordstrom Rack will be to demand a refund. The same thing happened to my daughter's flatmate and my daughter's order wasn't shipped at all.

On October 19th, 2016 I made an online order of 5 items from Nordstrom Rack. My receipt stated that all of the items were in stock and would ship within 4-7 days. After 7 days and not having received a shipping notice, I went into the account I had created with Nordstrom Rack to see that the proposed shipping times had been changed from 4-7 to 7-10 days. At no time did the company inform of the new delays. I called Nordstrom Rack and was told about problems in their warehouse and yes, there were delays, and no, the customer care representative could not tell me when I would receive my order.

Later that day I did receive an email apologizing for the delay, and no clear date as to when the issue would be resolved, and the order it shipped. In small print it said that if I had not received it within 30 days, Nordstrom Rack would cancel the order! Despite the great bargains I had scored, I decided I didn't want to keep on waiting indefinitely for an order that might not ever materialize. This began a five-day long, ridiculously time consuming effort on my part to try and cancel my order.

Aside from lengthy telephone wait times and being cut off on 3 separate occasions, most of the customer care reps I spoke to were polite and understanding. One was extremely rude and disconnected the call after keeping me waiting for 45 minutes. Another lied outright about my order being canceled. From October 26th until October 31st - for 5 days straight, I was treated to a comedy of errors in regard to getting the transaction canceled and refunded. On October 31st I received an email advising me that one of the items in the order had been canceled by Nordstrom because they no longer have inventory.

The remaining details are too annoying to go into here, but I want to stress that I wish I had known what so many other people had experienced before I went and ordered what appeared to be such a great deal. There are so many other great companies out there who have discounted quality goods and ship in a timely manner. If you are planning on ordering from Nordstrom Rack for the Christmas/holiday season, good luck with that. Unless there is a confirmed and complete turnaround in Nordstrom Rack's business practices with their consumers, I, definitely will not shop there again.

Same complaint as everyone else. This company has completely lost their **. I placed an order on 10/20. Shipping time: 2-4 days. 4 days later I look at my account and the shipping time went to 7-10 days. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? 11/2: "your order has shipped." They changed my shipping time up to 10 days and it still wasn't out in that time. Customer service has no answers and is of no help. "Internal error and processing was changed, blah blah." Tell your customers these things! I am never shopping online here again.

I have two different orders in to Nordstrom Rack. One on October 18th and one on October 28th. As of today, November 1st, I still have not received my orders and the online status states my order is "awaiting processing before shipment". I have made 2 phone calls to Customer Service with no satisfactory reason why my shipment is delayed nor when my order will be shipped. I have also emailed Customer Service with no response back. On my 2nd phone call the CS rep said "the delay is due to moving processing locations". I don't believe a word. I ordered items in time a month in advance of a vacation. I am so frustrated with this company. This is horrible customer service and will not be ordering from them again.

Same issue as other reviewers within the month of October; I ordered, had my Nordstrom card charged and 2 1/2 weeks later, still no delivery date. Items are "ordered". The explanation given was "system problems due to upgrade." Most disappointing, no real resolution offered as a request to cancel could be submitted, but not guaranteed and they won't refund my card for the amount charged - the amount now due in less than 20 days!! Very bad customer service all around: Chat option is impeccable slow and unhelpful!

Clearly they have a major fulfillment problem. An eBay seller of this quality would be long out of business. Ordered an item that said 'ready to ship'. Payment was taken immediately. Two weeks later, the item hasn't shipped. We were told that they would ship it when they were ready to and there would be no remedy. We asked to cancel the order and were told that that wasn't possible more than 2 hours after ordering. This is a class-action suit in the making.

Been a shopper of the Rack and the Rack online for many years. Shipping over 2 weeks and no customer service availability, that is unless you are willing to wait online for over an hour and talk to someone who has no ability to do anything. Do better Nordstrom.

I have been waiting on orders from Nordstrom Rack for weeks. I have called several times, zero results. And has anyone had the experience where clicking on review order crashes their server? Something very fishy going on. THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED!!!

When a company takes your money and does not provide a product or service, they are stealing from you. I have several orders going back to Oct 14th and yet twelve days later, nothing. Nothing has shipped. No one can tell me when they will ship. They keep changing the estimated shipment times. It went from 2-3 days, to 4-7 now to 7-10. This is pathetic. They make it difficult to cancel orders. I've never heard of a company with slow unreliable shipment timeframes to begin with not allowing customers to cancel before the items ship. Just Nordstrom Quack.

Options for consumers are contest the charge with credit card company, don't ever use debit card online, contact and file a complaint at FTC website, file complaint with your state attorney general website. These business practices are unacceptable and Nordstrom Hack management needs to be held accountable.

I am a frequent customer and for a long time was pleased with Nordstrom Rack's two-day shipping. It worked like clockwork and you could always keep track of your order status online. They changed shipping companies and the shipping speed jumped first to 4-7 days and now to 7-10, with no online updates. Let's just say that 7-10 days is an optimistic estimate at best. I'm giving my business to a different retailer. I can usually find Nordstrom Rack items for the same or better prices at amazon.com, tjmaxx.com or c-21.com and all ship more quickly and cheaply.

Nordstrom Rack was two weeks late on an order I placed online. The package was then shown as delivered (two weeks after the original shipping estimate, which mysteriously and without notice changed from 1-3 days to 4-7 days). Thrilled, I went to retrieve it, but found that the carrier (OnTrac) had either mis-delivered the package or flat out lied about having delivered it at all. I call OnTrac, and they say that they will get in touch with me once they find out what's going on. No response. I call back, and they say that they will check on Monday by 5PM. I inform Nordstrom Rack of the problem, and ask that a supervisor contact me. This request, made several days ago, is likely still pending.

Monday at 5PM rolls around, and I do not receive a phone call from OnTrac. I call Nordstrom Rack to tell them that the package (that was over 10 days late at this point) has now been lost. The person tells me that the claim will be resolved... IN 10 TO 15 BUSINESS DAYS. They were two weeks late with the package, their carrier loses the package, and now are "sorry" that they are keeping my money for 10 to 15 business days? I demand to speak with a supervisor. An hour and fifty minutes of being on hold later, the supervisor, having heard about half the story, picks up the phone. She offers to call the stores to see whether they will be able to ship the item, directly. Mistakenly thinking that she understood that I would like to stay in the loop as far as the status of the issue is concerned, I say, "Great! Thank you." We hang up. I have yet to hear back from them.

Their shipping and logistics department is only exceed in irresponsibility and ineffectiveness by their customer service department, who simply are not getting the job done. Anyone would understand why my having had to go this far to GET THE GOODS I PAID FOR is absurd. But the supervisor didn't step up. Now, I either get to wait BUSINESS 15 days to GET MY ORIGINAL MONEY BACK, on top of the two weeks it took Nordstrom to admit that they botched the order.

I can't say that I will be 100% confident EVER shopping here again, online or in person. There are hundreds of online stores that don't fail this miserably, that don't deny their responsibility, that don't shrug their shoulders and "apologize" when something goes wrong. I couldn't be more grossed out at the thought of making another order with this company.

I placed orders through Nordstrom Rack on 10/10 and again on 10/15. They are still listed ready to ship. I have been in their chat room twice and both times told they could provide no further information. As a long term Nordstrom customer, I am absolutely amazed at the deterioration of the company. Clearly the retail market is changing and not to their advantage. A bright star could have been their online experience, but that now seems worse than retail. Is it time to short the stock? Are they going under like many other retailers? I would just like a straightforward answer on my order.

I ordered 4 items from Nordstrom Rack on October 20 (and of course the funds were immediately deducted from my bank account); initially the order said Ready to Ship and items would ship in 4-7 days; today I checked and the shipping time has been upped to 7 - 10 days. I am currently in the process of trying to cancel my order. Buyers beware that if you are in need of your items in a timely manner, you may want to shop elsewhere.

I purchased two items on Oct 12, that said they were in stock and would ship within 2-4 days. After 6 days I received an email apologizing for the delay, and that it would be 4-7 days before the items shipped. After 10 days I contacted customer service, and was informed there was a back log and they did not know when the items would ship. But they would put a note to get it expedited, and should go by that weekend.

It has not been over 2 weeks, and the items still show available and will ship within 4-7 days from order. I contacted customer service again! Same story they are back logged and don't know when the items will ship. The customer service rep who obviously did not speak English told me "awesome" when I expressed how irritated I was with the process. Really! I don't think their service is awesome and I would advise any other shoppers to avoid this website at all cost!!!! I hope someone investigates them soon and shuts the site down.

Nordstrom Rack - Lower prices and even lower customer service. The items I ordered on the 17th of October were slated to leave the warehouse within 2 - 4 days from the date of order. As soon as I placed the order, however, that number magically changed to 4 -7. So, I called them this past Friday for a realistic shipping time as this order is a birthday gift and needs to be received in a timely manner.

"We are diligently working on all orders and do not have any idea as to when your order will ship." "Ok, so can I cancel my order?". "No. Sorry, we can't." So, my money tied up in an order who knows when will ship, yet my order is "ready to ship" when I check online. Check out their Facebook page - plenty of the same complaints. This is beyond unacceptable and will never shop online with them again and will seriously think about even giving them my in-store patronage.

I have been a Nordstrom customer for many years and with that being said one of my main reasons for coming back is the shopping experience where some of the staff there make it possible. Now I understand that there can be a lot of competition on the floors between the girls. However I have never experienced what I encountered recently.

While browsing in a nearby department I witnessed a beautiful young ** woman fairly new who brings an awesome presence to the store and I have had the pleasure to converse with when trying out the various Accessories, being confronted and bullied by an older woman who I know as a sales associate and has worked there in Accessories for quite some time.

I witnessed the woman pointing her fingers in the young lady's face which obviously made her very uncomfortable. I have not spoken with her about this but the next time I see her I would like to let her know I would be in full support and come forward if she has or were to ever report this. And I can imagine this is probably not the only incident. It just makes you wonder about the Management teams when you see something like this going on, and how this woman thinks she can get away with this sort of thing. I am actually hoping the security cameras can also pick up something!

I ordered items on October 13 for a trip in November. After initially listing in the confirmation email that the items would leave their warehouse in 2-4 days, no shipping confirm was received. Looked up my order and it then changed to leaving their warehouse in 4-7 days. I needed the items within a certain time and as the order fulfillment time had extended, I emailed their customer service to inquire. I received an automated reply that "...We're here to help, so we'll make sure that we get back to you within 24 hours." etc. 24 hours came and went then approaching 48 hours, I sent a follow up email. I receive a "cookie cutter" reply that they're very sorry but they're experiencing days and will send me a shipping confirm when my items ship. I then emailed them to cancel my order as the items won't reach me in time. No response from Nordstrom Rack.

On October 22 I finally called them to cancel. The customer service rep agreed to cancel the order. I asked to speak to someone in charge to let them know all the issues I've experienced. The customer service rep said she isn't allowed access to that information. I told her that I was an angry customer and who does she escalate angry customers to and that I wanted to speak to a supervisor, manager, director, anyone she had available. She then said there was a manager on duty but the wait time to speak with that person is 24-48 hours so they'd put me on a call list.

Then today on October 23 I received a shipping confirmation. I call their customer service line again and am told that there is no record of me calling yesterday and that the items already shipped so it is too late to cancel, but that the items are returnable. I ask the rep why I should have to pay for shipping on top of now being inconvenienced that I have to find time to return the items once I receive them. She began speaking over me and explained that the cancellation wasn't inputted in time yesterday but she can refund me the shipping. This customer service rep decided to raise her voice to continue talking over me so I couldn't explain this ongoing situation of having emailed them to cancel then not being communicated with by Nordstrom Rack on a long delay.

I told her I didn't think it a good idea for her to be arguing with me. She said she wasn't arguing, but continued to speak loudly to talk over me. I asked about her telling me that there was no record of me calling yesterday then was there not a record of me being put on a call list for a manager? She didn't have a direct answer and said she'll put me on the call list. I asked for her name, and she talked to me and wanted my phone number. When I spoke to the other rep yesterday, she could see my phone number on their end. Since I had given today's rep my order number, I assumed she could see my phone number too. I said that she already had my phone number and I wanted her name. She insisted on getting her question answered first and wouldn't give me her name. After the rep and I yelling back and forth, she provided her name as "Letty".

Pretty shocking and appalling to call "customer service" and get into a yelling match with the person who is the customer service rep. Never ever experienced that before. I suppose this suggests that this company doesn't care for the customers and will allow such a variety of issues to happen to one customer in one order. I'm writing this since I can't reach anyone at Nordstrom who can make any positive changes for its customers. Hopefully they will read this and make necessary changes so no one else needs to be treated this way. Definitely won't be shopping there again.

I been a Nordstrom's customer for years, however I am done... My last 4 internet transactions has been a nightmare. I ordered an Alex and Ani bracelet and it arrived broken - the gem stone was laying in the package. I ordered a pair of Tart shorts they sent me another brand. I ordered a Pandora chain and charm, the charmed arrived minus the necklace. Now I'm waiting on three pairs of shoes, three weeks late. I called to cancel the order because I purchased the shoes elsewhere and no they will not let me cancel my order even though they broke their commitment. Now there's no such thing as a shortage, after a month they will cancel the order and refund your money... What a joke. Beware of Nordstrom!

After discussions with Nordstrom Rack customer service today I became curious and looked up reviews to see if it was just me. I have been a huge fan of this company and the last time I ordered online I thought it was a bit slow but gave them another chance. I placed an order on the 10th and wondered where my order was. I checked my order status and items were ready to be shipped. Well, it has been 11 days and no shipping? I waited 45 minutes in chat queue only to be disconnected when I inquired about my order status. That is a crazy long time to wait while the queue time kept going up and down between 2 minutes and 45.

I tried again this evening and reached someone much quicker. It seems that they are upgrading their shipping systems resulting in shipping delays. I was told that my order would hopefully ship in the next 72 hours with no guarantees. That is crazy! 2 weeks to ship product they have in stock. If I am lucky I will have the items in 3 weeks. Items will be returned as I need to source them elsewhere - I can't wait that long. I order items on eBay and get them in 2 days. Something tells me this company is in trouble. I am disappointed as I have always been a big fan.

Apparently, Nordstrom Rack has farmed out its order fulfillment online to a third party so far removed. Customer service can only make vague and ambiguous comments concerning orders. As per the Nordstrom Rack website, orders ship within 4-7 days. Note: they do not mention 'business days'. Nine days later, I have no tracking information. Customer service can only tell me exactly what I see on the website: the order is ready to ship. I did receive an email apologizing for the delay seven days after my order - with no information regarding shipping. Upon calling customer service, I was notified my order would ship in five business days. Today being Thursday and UPS ground taking up to a week, it could be a month before I receive my order.

Good thing I will not need dress shirts for awhile, as I cannot stomach the operational deficiency and cost cutting measures of Nordstrom Rack, even though they have a very nice selection of dress shirts at 63% off retail. Instead of offering 'free' shipping on orders over $100, just make customers pay for shipping. I would easily pay $10 to have my order in a timely manner. To me, saving on shipping is not worth the hassle and wait for an order of three dress shirts to take almost a month to arrive. If I ever do order anything online from Nordstrom Rack again, I'll just expect my items to arrive in a month. Also, didn't Nordstrom buy an online retailer - Hautelook five years ago? Talk about mismanaging and evaporating synergy. How does a company damage a distribution network and its procedures so severely? This is laughable at best.

It seems to take a really long time for the return by mail to post to your account. I returned about eight hundred dollars of merchandise over ten days ago and I am still waiting. This makes me very nervous.

Megan, Store Manager in Salt Lake City, Utah at the Fashion Place mall, needs to be recognized as a manager that really cared and helped to make a real difference to our family in a time of the devastating news of the passing of our 40 yr. old family member, and father of my 10 yr. old grandson. She helped to make all the wrongs better by refunding the purchase of the white shirt that did not fit, and by gifting a brand new perfect tie to my grandson, that he can now and forever treasure as the tie that matches his deceased Father's exactly. The tie arrived complete with gift wrapping, bow, and a sympathy card. Megan, she caught the true vision of Nordstrom customer service policies. She was the greatest. I know she will now go back and constructive re-train her staff on how to handle such situations with more care next time.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Nordstrom, Inc. started as a small shoe store in Seattle in 1901. The company now has brick-and-mortar stores throughout the United States and Canada.

• Selection: Consumers can find a wide variety of brands, styles and size options on the Nordstrom website. The website lists women’s sizes 4.5 to 13 and has a “4 and smaller” category as well as a “14 and above” category.
  • Individualized returns: Nordstrom does not have an official return policy. Instead, the company works with individual customers to make sure they are satisfied.
  • Videos: The Nordstrom website includes informative videos to help customers make a selection or care for their shoe purchases. They have videos for fitting shoes and boots and for cleaning suede and leather shoes.
  • POP-IN: Each month, the Nordstrom site features a POP-IN shop with clothes, accessories and shoes from a special designer. Customers looking for unique pieces can watch for these special events.
  • Best for The Nordstrom website carries shoes for adults and children and is best for bust adults, professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Compare Shoes Online