Nordstrom

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am sick and tired of this political stunt coming into play where I shop most. Nordstrom refuses to sell Ivanka Trump's line of clothes for no reason. For they claim it was low sales. I doubt it because I buy her brand and love them. It is purely political and I am sick and tired of racism being reversed to ** young successful women. She does not deserve this treatment. Her quality product speaks for themselves. She has a great line of clothes. If it was a ** designer who was treated this way there would be protesting, shouting, and preventing people shopping in the store. This is disgraceful, un-American and plain racist. Remember RACISM works both ways. ** are being racially profiled such as Ivanka, young successful and **. Shame on Nordstrom. I will never step into their store.

I ordered some shoes on 12/29/16 and it took almost 3 weeks (?) 2 weeks to arrived compared to what's written on the website 3-5 days. I was so disappointed that they do not fit when it arrived, so I returned it 2 days later. Then, the nightmare begins. I waited for more than 3 weeks and still do not get my refunds. So, I call their customer service, someone put me on hold for 10 mins, then told me that it arrived 2 days ago and needs another 3-5 days to process the refund. This is absolutely unacceptable. Today is 2/8/2016.

I ordered a pair of Sorel Medina III Waterproof Boots online on February 3rd, 2017, for a total of $90.72 that had been taken out of my checking account that day. Today is February 8th, 2017 and I have not received the order or the credit for shipping of $8.32 that I was promised. I called and they told me the boots were now $45.00 and I could not get the price adjustment of $33.75 unless I returned the pair I originally ordered and buy the pair for $45.00. They do not have the color or size I need for $45.00 so they told me I could not get an adjustment even though I still do not have the boots. They said they are out for delivery so that is that. When I receive the boots order number ** I should return them to a store and try to get the same pair for $45.00. I will never order from this company again, the policy is an unethical way to make money.

I recently purchased some items from Nordstrom. The online experience was not great. It was difficult navigating their web page. It was disorganized and muddled. Once if finally found the items I made the purchase. Nordstrom was not able to meet the shipping date expectations. The order (a total of 4 items) were all shipped separately. The packaging was atrocious. The items were stuffed inside of bags and arrived wrinkled and unwearable. I purchased a pair of shoes that arrived with scuffs on the bottom and hard placed stickers that cannot be removed. This is not only a drag to have stickers showing on the bottom of an expensive shoe but it reduces the value right out of the BOX. I contacted Nordstrom. They did not even take the time to reply. Horrible and disgraceful. I will NEVER shop of Nordstrom! Terrible experience!

I just want people to be aware of my experience so they can know and make educated decisions about their business doings with this company. I went delinquent with my Nordstrom account for the first and only time last Oct/Nov by $42 by 30-45 days. It was an accident (human error) on my part. I got married and went on honeymoon at the end of Nov-Dec 2016. I missed payment and a couple phone calls regarding the delinquency. I had all the financial responsibility of making payments and a lot of payments going out during this time. Of course, once I found out about the delinquency on my credit report, I paid the bill and followed up with a phone call to Nordstrom. They were unwilling to remove the dispute on my credit report. In fact, they were okay with me closing my account with them and vowing never to shop at their stores or subsidiaries again.

Awfully petty for someone with EXCELLENT credit, who had paid the bill and followed up with a phone call to explain. There was no forgiveness. I accept my fault in the delinquency, however, why would you punish a loyal customer who is trying to make it right? I just want everyone to know that if you are late on a payment, they will turn it in to a credit agency. In my case, $42 (30-45 days late). This will have little bearing on my overall credit score which is impeccable except for this one instance, but I will make sure to spread the word. Don't business with this creditor!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?

I am a professional make-up artist as well as my son who mostly does Horror/Creature make-up. We buy lots of cosmetics and skin care to use on our models/clients. We purchased a few Clinique items from Nordstrom. Our model had a very bad allergic reaction so we had to return the items. When we went to return them the Clinique salesperson recommended since a few items we wanted to exchange it for were on-line it would be easier to go on-line, fill out the return form and use the pre-paid postage label, state the items we wanted to exchange them for and the reason for the return which was a pretty bad skin reaction.

On December 3rd, we confirmed that Nordstrom warehouse returns received the items. A couple of weeks go by and we don't hear anything from Nordstrom about the return. NO EMAIL, NO PHONE CALL, NOTHING!!! I had to contact them several times to find out what was going on with the return. First I was told it was lost in the warehouse then I was told they never received it. Finally I was told after almost a month that the items are being returned to me. This is the 29th of Dec. They received the return on the 3rd of Dec. I could have walked it there. Anyway! Nordstrom NEVER!! contacted me or notified me as to why the items were being returned. They were only used once on 1 model whose skin could not tolerate the products and this information was given with the return.

The problem with Nordstrom is that they put on these huge make-up events with salespeople on commission hounding you with the promise that if the products are not up to your satisfaction you can return them NO PROBLEM!! even without a receipt. This is a practice that Bloomingdale's, Macy's and other high end stores have in place just for situations like this and are usually happy to exchange it PLUS! most high end cosmetic brands welcome returns/exchanges with really no problems. They want your business and they stand behind the products. They rent a space in the stores so returns are given back to the company for credit.

Nordstrom does not do this and the salesgirls are very reluctant to return ANYTHING!! in the cosmetic dept. because it comes out of their commission. They are responsible for the return. This is extremely bad business and I am appalled that Nordstrom is so catty and rude about returns. This is why they are losing more and more customers to Macy's and other high end stores like Bloomingdale's - the customer service.

Ordered a coat for a Christmas gift on 12/17/16 with 3 day shipping. By my calculations that would mean it would arrive by 12/20 or 12/21. Of course I assumed it would be arriving no later than 12/24. Imagine my surprise when UPS tracking says it will be delivered on 12/27! Called Nordstrom. The rep indicated it was out of her control. Her suggestion: I call UPS! Or, I call NEW JERSEY where Nordstrom has a coat in stock and see if they will overnight it to me! Hello? Have you ever heard of customer service? So, in my utter frustration I call UPS. HA! Their answer was to blame Nordstrom.

I refused to call New Jersey and get on a wild goose chase. So I called Nordstrom back in hopes of getting a better rep on the phone. Which I did. He ordered another coat with 2 day delivery so it should get here. However. The problem is that when I went to see the tracking status this morning, there is none. This happened to me with the first coat. So, I again call Nordstrom. This time a rep says "Well, they are trying to ship so quickly, you may get the coat before the publish the tracking number." REALLY? So again there's no way for me to know if this coat is coming!

Because of the first coat issue of 10 days to arrive, I've lost a bit of trust. All the reps have indicated the coat comes directly from the vendor who seems to ship without tracking numbers up front. This is so insane. Do I have to go buy a 3rd coat just to make sure I have a gift? The other thing that really frosts me is that Amazon has NO PROBLEM WITH TRACKING NUMBERS! Maybe Nordstrom should get off their hoity toity you know what and look at the shipping/tracking model that Amazon uses! Nordstrom is wondering where all their business has gone? Get a clue.

Placed order on-line on Dec. 14. Nordstrom confirmed order. On Dec. 20, Nordstrom informed me that they were "cancelling" my order because they could not fulfill it. On Dec. 20 Nordstrom charged my account for the order they could not fulfill. As far as I am concerned this is fraudulent business practice. Accepting orders, waiting almost a week to inform the consumer that you cannot fulfill the order, and still charging for said order. Fraud. Complete fraud.

I have a complaint about Nordstrom's customer service at Americana in Glendale. Recently I purchased two dresses online and decided to keep the red dress and return the black one. When I wanted to return it, with tag and receipt they haven't accept my return. They deny my return because the tag is not attached on the dress, it means that I worn the dress which I did not. Now I have to keep same dresses in my closet because of the bad customer service. I do NOT purchase from Nordstrom anymore, they treat you as a liar. I was wondering when it will go out of business with their lousy customer service.

On November 18, 2016, I purchased a girl's dress. She wore the dress to her Christmas program at school and most of the front bodice tore out. Obviously, the seam wasn't sewn correctly. Since we live an hour away from the store, I called the store and was told that mailing it wasn't a good idea because they lose things among all their boxes. I'm not sure we will get to the store before the 90 day return policy expires, so apparently I'm stuck with the dress. I still have my receipt. May not shop at Rack again. Unhelpful and somewhat rude staff. Completely opposite of Nordstrom.

I am in the midst of a terrible experience with Nordstrom Rack. Do not order from them: (1) late with shipping; (2) unable to locate my order even though they say it was delivered. Now they say that it has an incorrect status code. How on earth would a customer be able to correct a status code? Customer service was rude and unhelpful, also told me to take care of the problem myself. When I asked to speak to supervisor, I was told three times that I needed to talk to the next level supervisor.

The Nordstrom website/ordering is not good. You order from them and they bill you immediately. Then they bill you again later as each item ships. Sometime after all of the items ship and after they have individually re-billed you again for each item they will credit back the original amount to clear-up the double-charge. The customer service dept at Nordstrom blames the banks but it has nothing to do with the banks and everything to do with their unethical process. If you use a debit card and there is a multi-item order shipping out of different fulfillment centers you will be charged twice and the money will be out of your account during that double-billing period.

It is only after they ship all the items and post it that your double-charge will be corrected. I recommend calling and complaining to them about this. It is a horrible practice and not one that is followed by the other online retailers. It is essentially improving their short term cash flow at the expense of their customer's bank accounts.

Shopping online with Nordstrom - I bought some merchandise from Nordstrom that unfortunately I had to return. Their return system is extremely easy and convenient. Great merchandise and easy returns, if necessary.

Back in October I began my search for a swimsuit for my upcoming vacation in December. After weeks of delayed shipment with no explanation (10+ days), and endless attempts to get an answer for the useless customer service, the order was canceled on me due to shortage of stock. Feeling a little frustrated, I assumed this was a one time occurrence, and gave Nordstrom Rack a second chance. On November 28th, I ordered another swimsuit from the company (with only 3 weeks left to spare before my vacation). I waited patiently 7 days before contacting the customer service. No one could provide any information as to what was happening with my order. I spoke to several 'supervisors' that have absolutely no additional information to provide.

It is now December 8th, I was reassured 5 days ago the order would be canceled, and my card refunded. I am still waiting for both things to happen. Is it not fraudulent for a company to charge your credit card and not return the money when they cannot fulfill the order? I feel sorry for all the people who have gone through same experience and will not be getting those Christmas gifts on time, if at all. I have given up on trying to get Nordstrom to refund my 52.34 on an item that I never received, no fault of my own. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company and will let them handle it from here.

This company is an absolute DISGRACE to the fine reputation and customer service that the real Nordstrom holds. I will never shop here again. The way I was treated as a paying customer trying to get an item I paid for and really wanted was a full day's work. Now I have to fight to get my money refunded that never should have been charged in the first place if the item was not available. Someone in the company needs to be held accountable for this shady practice.

I am a long time customer of Rack. I buy everything from there, until now. Something has happened at Rack and it took a nose dive and it's not letting up! At first I thought it was just a minor hiccup - which can happen. No. 3 months later and their shipping is still screwed up! It said in transit for 2 weeks and it never even shipped - but they kept blaming UPS. I was on the phone all day between UPS and Rack and Rack finally got a manager who said the box must of got lost in the warehouse - then she would have it shipped overnight.

Checked a few hours later and it was shipped freight and won't be here in time before my Christmas travels and they are gifts. Was lied to by several reps before I got a sup and the only thing they strived to do was get me off the phone versus solving the issue. By the time it arrives - it will be a month since order. Same thing happened to me early October with them! They can't seem to solve the issue! Now I have to leave without gifts!

On October 21st 2016, I purchased a pair of Tory Burch flats in the amount of $ 159.97 for my mother in law at the Cherry Hill, NJ location. I paid for the item in cash. Unfortunately, she could not fit them. On December 2, 2016, I called the customer service number and asked them if I would be able to return the item without a receipt. I did not get the young lady's name. She explicitly explained to me as long as the sticker is still on the shoe and you have the original box you will only be able to get a store credit. You will not be able to get your money back. She told me that I could go to any Rack store they should be able to accommodate this request.

On December 4, 2016, I went to the new store in King of Prussia. I asked to speak to a manager or a supervisor. I spoke to Marketta. I explained my situation in full detail. She told me that there is nothing that she can do without a receipt. I told her that I paid in cash and that the receipt was lost. She again stated that she can't help me. I asked to speak to another manager, a young lady by the name of Brandi. I explained the situation to her. She told me that they no longer take back items without a receipt. I told her that I have been shopping at the Rack for 20 years and I have always been able to get at least a store credit.

Marketta very rudely said, "I don't know who told you that because that is not right information". She also mentioned that this policy just changed in MAY 2016. They were being very sarcastic and condescending. One of them asked did I want to see a receipt. I said NO. I was very offended by the way that were talking to me. They gave me the supervisor name of Whitney ** to call on Monday. I did not call Whitney. I felt like I would be wasting my time because Marketta mentioned that she is going to tell me the same thing. I have never been treated like this. I would expect more from a reputable company such as Nordstrom and the Rack. In my opinion there are too many young unprofessional people that you have representing your store.

On December 5, 2016, I called the 1-800 customer service number. I spoke to Tiffany. I explained the whole scenario to her. She totally agreed with me. She was very helpful and filled out a complaint case. On December 6, 2016, I called the 1-800-Nordstrom and I spoke to Khia. She told me that she has never heard of anything like that. She said that I should have been able to get a store credit. I spent gas and my time going to King Of Prussia. This is about 45 mins my house. I am requesting to be able to receive a store credit in the amount of $159.97. I am very disappointed. This store is going down. The quality is not like it used to be.

Thankful for Yamila ** at the Estée Lauder Department from Merrick Park, Miami, Fl. She is professional, honest, helpful, caring and I trust her with my entire shopping with my eyes closed. Great Text App Orders with my Sales Rep., Ms. **, she is amazing and goes above and beyond for the customers. Thanks Nordstrom for having a great staff and having Yamila ** be part of your Team! Thank you Yamila ** for all of your help!

I made purchase last week for a pair of shoes. When I received the products it was seems like used one. Too much dusty, and when I tried to calling them about, they ask me to take snap and send me attached with product code. I did email them immediately after 6 days. I got reply to say like "we can't accept refund or exchange." Completely scam! I stopped buying from them. For other consumers who troubled with such websites wants to suggest that I found a new website https://www.boutiqueken.com. Really reasonable price in every manner and first of all very impressive their customer care.

This concerns shipping to APO/FPO and more specifically to your military families living overseas. On 11/17 I ordered dresses totaling $$$ to be shipped by standard shipping. I was informed today on 11/23 that the order has been shipped via Mail Innovations which notoriously takes up to 3 months to deliver to my FPO address. I contacted Nordstrom via chat immediately to cancel my order. I was told it is not possible because there is no tracking number. I am not out of $$$ for the next who knows how long which prevents me from ordering any other dresses and I will not have a dress for the upcoming Christmas holidays. All I wanted was a new dress. Very disappointed.

I placed an order on Oct 11th. Nordstrom Rack immediately charged my card for the order. The order shipped on Nov 6th. Although it shipped via UPS, it isn't estimated to arrive until Nov 14th (from California to Illinois). So basically it will take one month get the order. The website doesn't tell you about the delayed shipping; when you receive a confirmation email after placing your order, you'll see very small print stating that the items will take 7-10 days to ship. To me, this unacceptable. What if you purchase a dress for a Christmas party? Or maybe you've purchased something in the Fall season that you'd like to wear before snow hits the ground?

It also seems a bit nefarious that Nordstrom would charge your credit card so far ahead of shipping the item. Most online stores pre-authorize for the amount and then charge once the item has left their warehouse. I've already paid for the items, but I have nothing to show for it. I did call customer service - they said that "We're waiting on a vendor." I ordered multiple items from different brands, so this seems unlikely. Another reviewer to this site was told that they were updating their website. Regardless of the excuse, this is the last time I'll purchase from them.

I place an order on Oct. 25, 2016 and received confirmation that my items would ship in 4-7 days. After several days with no shipping updates I went online to check the status of my order. It still said the items were ready to ship in 4-7 days. On Nov. 5th 2016 I messaged an online customer service agent (Amole I believe) and he said they were updating the system and apologized for the delay. I asked if I could cancel my order and he said they would cancel it (because the items still have not shipped). I never received any confirmation that my order was canceled. The next day I received an email with an apology for the delay and saying my items would ship soon. I emailed customer service (it was late and no one was available too) and received confirmation that they had received my email (which contained the order info and another request to cancel my order).

The next morning I called and spoke to a rep to confirm that my order had been canceled and the woman I spoke to confirmed that yes it was canceled and I should receive a refund by the end of the week. This evening I received an email with shipping info for my order... so two people had promised that my order was canceled and now my items are being shipped. I told them I intended to return the items when I called to cancel the order so now Nordstrom has wasted it money and lost a customer for life.

They could have just said there was a shipping delay from the get go and they should not be charging my card right away if there are going to be weeks until they ship items. Anyway it how they handled this and lying to me multiple time that has pissed me off. I hope they enjoy wasting their money on shipping because the minute I receive my items I am going to the closest Nordstrom Rack and returning the items even if the items are amazing because I don't want to give them a penny.

I got a pair of Naturalizer Boots as a gift, but my daughters did not put the gift receipt in the box. They live in Florida. So I thought no problem I will just take them to the only Nordstrom's here in Maine a Off The Rack store. I had to talk with 7 different people & I was in there a good 45 minutes. I had ID & everything they asked for I gave them. Well, after all of this a certain manager who had been a little rude to me comes back up to the front of the store & says "no way are we giving you a store credit period." The SKU # and price tag were still on the item, plus I had the box too. So here I am stuck with boots that do not fit me and at 62 I really don't care for the boots. Anyone want to buy a pair of boots size 11m. LOL.

I wish I had seen these poor reviews before... I placed an order on October 26 and the message stated that it would be shipped between 7 to 10 days of placement of the order. It will be 10 days tomorrow and when I chatted with a person online (which took a half hour for someone to even respond) - their response was the same as 2 days ago when I inquired - basically they were "working on their shipment issues" and apologized but offered no idea of when the order will be shipped. However, they did charge my Nordstrom card. I will be taking my business elsewhere!

I have shopped at the online version of Nordstrom Rack for years. Usually, items are promptly shipped out within 3-4 days from ordering. Now, it has been over 14 days and when I contacted the Rack online, I was told that they are revamping their website, and that some long delays were expected. Well, they never mentioned this upfront when I placed my order. So I told them to cancel it but was told they weren't sure whether it could be accomplished. Plus I may have to wait days to find out plus I will not be refunded until who knows when. This behavior is unacceptable and I'd warn others to beware of Nordstrom as their actions are unethical.

I ordered a coat on 10 October from Nordstrom Rack who now ship to Australia. When the item was not received I tracked the order only to find it was returned to the sender on 18 October as my address could not be found - ridiculous as it is a block of 80 apartments with a concierge who regularly takes delivery of parcels. I went on live chat and confirmed that the address was indeed correct so there is no reason it could not be delivered. The live chat representative said it would be re-delivered and that I would be issued a new tracking number. I have twice followed up by email and received an automated response that someone would contact me within 24 hours but have not received any response. It has been a very frustrating experience. My next contact with Nordstrom Rack will be to demand a refund. The same thing happened to my daughter's flatmate and my daughter's order wasn't shipped at all.

On October 19th, 2016 I made an online order of 5 items from Nordstrom Rack. My receipt stated that all of the items were in stock and would ship within 4-7 days. After 7 days and not having received a shipping notice, I went into the account I had created with Nordstrom Rack to see that the proposed shipping times had been changed from 4-7 to 7-10 days. At no time did the company inform of the new delays. I called Nordstrom Rack and was told about problems in their warehouse and yes, there were delays, and no, the customer care representative could not tell me when I would receive my order.

Later that day I did receive an email apologizing for the delay, and no clear date as to when the issue would be resolved, and the order it shipped. In small print it said that if I had not received it within 30 days, Nordstrom Rack would cancel the order! Despite the great bargains I had scored, I decided I didn't want to keep on waiting indefinitely for an order that might not ever materialize. This began a five-day long, ridiculously time consuming effort on my part to try and cancel my order.

Aside from lengthy telephone wait times and being cut off on 3 separate occasions, most of the customer care reps I spoke to were polite and understanding. One was extremely rude and disconnected the call after keeping me waiting for 45 minutes. Another lied outright about my order being canceled. From October 26th until October 31st - for 5 days straight, I was treated to a comedy of errors in regard to getting the transaction canceled and refunded. On October 31st I received an email advising me that one of the items in the order had been canceled by Nordstrom because they no longer have inventory.

The remaining details are too annoying to go into here, but I want to stress that I wish I had known what so many other people had experienced before I went and ordered what appeared to be such a great deal. There are so many other great companies out there who have discounted quality goods and ship in a timely manner. If you are planning on ordering from Nordstrom Rack for the Christmas/holiday season, good luck with that. Unless there is a confirmed and complete turnaround in Nordstrom Rack's business practices with their consumers, I, definitely will not shop there again.

Same complaint as everyone else. This company has completely lost their **. I placed an order on 10/20. Shipping time: 2-4 days. 4 days later I look at my account and the shipping time went to 7-10 days. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? 11/2: "your order has shipped." They changed my shipping time up to 10 days and it still wasn't out in that time. Customer service has no answers and is of no help. "Internal error and processing was changed, blah blah." Tell your customers these things! I am never shopping online here again.

I have two different orders in to Nordstrom Rack. One on October 18th and one on October 28th. As of today, November 1st, I still have not received my orders and the online status states my order is "awaiting processing before shipment". I have made 2 phone calls to Customer Service with no satisfactory reason why my shipment is delayed nor when my order will be shipped. I have also emailed Customer Service with no response back. On my 2nd phone call the CS rep said "the delay is due to moving processing locations". I don't believe a word. I ordered items in time a month in advance of a vacation. I am so frustrated with this company. This is horrible customer service and will not be ordering from them again.

Same issue as other reviewers within the month of October; I ordered, had my Nordstrom card charged and 2 1/2 weeks later, still no delivery date. Items are "ordered". The explanation given was "system problems due to upgrade." Most disappointing, no real resolution offered as a request to cancel could be submitted, but not guaranteed and they won't refund my card for the amount charged - the amount now due in less than 20 days!! Very bad customer service all around: Chat option is impeccable slow and unhelpful!

Clearly they have a major fulfillment problem. An eBay seller of this quality would be long out of business. Ordered an item that said 'ready to ship'. Payment was taken immediately. Two weeks later, the item hasn't shipped. We were told that they would ship it when they were ready to and there would be no remedy. We asked to cancel the order and were told that that wasn't possible more than 2 hours after ordering. This is a class-action suit in the making.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Nordstrom, Inc. started as a small shoe store in Seattle in 1901. The company now has brick-and-mortar stores throughout the United States and Canada.

• Selection: Consumers can find a wide variety of brands, styles and size options on the Nordstrom website. The website lists women’s sizes 4.5 to 13 and has a “4 and smaller” category as well as a “14 and above” category.
  • Individualized returns: Nordstrom does not have an official return policy. Instead, the company works with individual customers to make sure they are satisfied.
  • Videos: The Nordstrom website includes informative videos to help customers make a selection or care for their shoe purchases. They have videos for fitting shoes and boots and for cleaning suede and leather shoes.
  • POP-IN: Each month, the Nordstrom site features a POP-IN shop with clothes, accessories and shoes from a special designer. Customers looking for unique pieces can watch for these special events.
  • Best for The Nordstrom website carries shoes for adults and children and is best for bust adults, professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Compare Shoes Online