Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.66/5

Nordstrom Reviews

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I am reviewing an instance of shopping at the Nordstrom located in downtown Chicago. Despite never having frequented this particular Nordstrom location, I was pleasantly surprised in an ultimately satisfying way of how sensibly the store floorplan was laid out (which made locating desired items on my own) & when I was forced to rely upon one of this store's staff, the staff's unwaveringly high level of polite professionalism continually reminds me of why Nordstrom is the bar by which other retail stores measure themselves.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I love shopping at Nordstroms because there is always something new to discover and I can always find clothes that I love on sale. On this particular shopping excursion, a very helpful sales associates found the perfect paisley top to go with my new pair of designer jeans. I definitely feel like a valued customer after receiving such personalized service.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Bought a pair of shoes. Had to return them due to a couple of blood clots in leg. Swelling has taken a while to go down so the shoes were too snug to wear. Did not want to keep shoes just in case of not fitting later so for the price I invested in decided to return. They were very nice and professional in my return since it was a little over thirty days.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

Shopping at Nordstroms is always a pleasant experience. Everything is displayed so nicely and there’s always A nice employee available to help find Just what we are looking for. The employees know their products and where to find them and it takes a little time to shop and find exactly what I want. They give me suggestions and help me with other ideas during my desired purchase. They are always very neatly dressed and very professional and this is important to me.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Shopping at the Thousand Oaks Nordstrom store is always a positive experience for me. After going to other locations and stores, I usually find myself back at Nordstrom's once again. This time in the men's clothing department. Being retired, I had given away my work suits and dress shirts. With an upcoming wedding, it was time to buy a sport coat and dress shirt for the occasion. I was not to be disappointed, and a young man in sales found me the perfect sport coat with a perfect fit.

In a week or so, I returned and was met by a young woman in sales who provide me with a perfect shirt to match my previous purchase. My shirt needed the sleeves raised and a tailor was called for the fitting. Now this shirt, being a dress shirt would normally be worn by tucking in the shirt tails. I am retired and normally wear my shirt tails out, so with the Certified Fitter, we decided to also alter the tails of the shirt in the fashion of an "un tucked " shirt. 90% of the time my shirt will be worn in that fashion. I want to thank the Tailor Shop, and especially Svetlana ** (Lana) for providing the opportunity to address my situation in such an understanding and positive way and for providing such excellence in her work. I look forward to continuing experiences shopping at Nordstrom. Respectfully, Geza

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?

Original review: March 28, 2020

I spent a lot of money on my Nordstrom card over Christmas. Received a $100 gift card to use by 3/15. Being that I am on the front lines during this crisis as a nurse practitioner, I was hoping that Nordstrom could extend my gift card so I can use today. After being on hold for 20 min, there's "nothing they can do". Very dissatisfied and will NOT be returning as a nordstrom customer.

Original review: March 28, 2020

I purchased a pair of Charles David shoes, which are very nice, good quality I guess but really TOO narrow. I wanted to send them back and receive a refund but according to a email from the customer services, they would charge me 4 times what I paid for the original delivery if I decide to send the shoes back. I live in Austria (international delivery for them). Why should I pay more to send them back? It is just a fraud, so think it twice if you apply for a international delivery because you will never see your money again if whatever you buy is not ok.

Original review: March 18, 2020

My name is Yelena **. I purchased online from your official website 12/13/2019 Jimmy Choo rain boots, Edite Rain boot, item #564122. 02/26/20 it was raining, I put them on my feet and went from home to a car dealership, in total for about an hour I wore them. I came home and saw on my two legs on the ankles were wounds from these rain boots. I treated my feet with an antiseptic and iodine. I thought that in a few days everything will be good but my right leg was swollen, a deep wound was appeared. I can’t step on my leg, I can’t walk and I can’t work. I went to the hospital, and they told me that I need to go to the emergency room. The doctor looked at my leg and said that it has a serious infection, due to the fact that the shoes material is very stiff and my legs were worn out. These rain boots injured my ankles and because of that I have an infected wound.

Doctors diagnosed Cellulitis is a common, potentially serious bacterial skin infection. The affected skin appears swollen and red and is typically painful and warm to the touch. They prescribed me strong antibiotics, they said if it doesn’t go away within two more days, then I have to come to the hospital again. This diagnosis is because of your shoes which I purchased from you. The shoes are very very stiff and rub my ankles very hard when worn. I have all the supporting documents that will confirm my serious injury. Now I can’t walk, which is why I canceled all my scheduled meetings. These shoes brought harm to my health, now it’s not clear what will happen to my leg. Why does Nordstrom sell shoes that cripple people? And I got a serious injury and infection? Why Nordstrom doesn’t mention on the website about these boots’ Stiff material???

Why Nordstrom doesn’t say on the website that these boots have very rough stitches? Why I have to endure so much pain and material costs because of the shoes that I bought and thought that they are beautiful and good, as a brand with a worldwide reputation? Why I have to cancel business meetings because I have to deal with these injuries that were caused by these rain boots? It's all wrong! I can send all documents confirming these circumstances with evidence and a photo to you.

Original review: March 9, 2020

End of January I go to use a 100.00 Nordy note that I had tucked in my wallet to use when I was able to get to a Nordstrom's. The closest Store is over 150-200 miles away. I was told that I couldn't use the note as it had expired which I for some reason hadn't in the past realized there were exp. dates on them.. So I contacted customer service and they said sorry, then I wrote a letter to customer service. They send me a letter to call them as they needed more info, so I did and when they read the notes and checked with someone it was the same answer, "No sorry. We can't re-issue your note..."

I've never asked to reissue notes before, and I had actually had shopped at a few Nordstroms and was never asked about using them, which I was told some associates do that. Beside the point... I've been a Customer since 1983 or 1984 and I just can't believe that something that was given to you for being a great customer can't be reissued so they can maintain you as a customer... Macy's has everything in their system and they automatic give you your discounts/macy money without having them on you. Too many Credit cards out there now with so many perks, it's just easy to say, "Ok, you don't want my business anymore. I'll choose something different." Guess that's me..

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I am an assistant and I was going in to refund a 1600 designer purse for my boss. I am not a fancy person so I was dressed very homely and I get the very distinct impression the two ladies at the desk would not serve me because I didnt look rich enough. I had the number for the online purchase. These women do these refunds everyday and all of a sudden I come in and they forget what the right screen is once we complained to the manager. So my boss had to stop her work to take me up there and get it done. The managers Holly and Alexis were awesome and handled the situation very well. However the sales lady wouldnt even look me in the eye and apologize for her behavior. Classism is not okay and they almost lost out on some big business. My boss frequents there often would be a shame to lose some big business because your employees are judgemental and unprofessional.

Nordstrom expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Nordstrom, Inc. started as a small shoe store in Seattle in 1901. The company now has brick-and-mortar stores throughout the United States and Canada.

• Selection: Consumers can find a wide variety of brands, styles and size options on the Nordstrom website. The website lists women’s sizes 4.5 to 13 and has a “4 and smaller” category as well as a “14 and above” category.

• Individualized returns: Nordstrom does not have an official return policy. Instead, the company works with individual customers to make sure they are satisfied.

• Videos: The Nordstrom website includes informative videos to help customers make a selection or care for their shoe purchases. They have videos for fitting shoes and boots and for cleaning suede and leather shoes.

• POP-IN: Each month, the Nordstrom site features a POP-IN shop with clothes, accessories and shoes from a special designer. Customers looking for unique pieces can watch for these special events.

• Best for: The Nordstrom website carries shoes for adults and children and is best for bust adults, professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team