Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.67/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Nordstrom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I am reviewing an instance of shopping at the Nordstrom located in downtown Chicago. Despite never having frequented this particular Nordstrom location, I was pleasantly surprised in an ultimately satisfying way of how sensibly the store floorplan was laid out (which made locating desired items on my own) & when I was forced to rely upon one of this store's staff, the staff's unwaveringly high level of polite professionalism continually reminds me of why Nordstrom is the bar by which other retail stores measure themselves.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I love shopping at Nordstroms because there is always something new to discover and I can always find clothes that I love on sale. On this particular shopping excursion, a very helpful sales associates found the perfect paisley top to go with my new pair of designer jeans. I definitely feel like a valued customer after receiving such personalized service.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Bought a pair of shoes. Had to return them due to a couple of blood clots in leg. Swelling has taken a while to go down so the shoes were too snug to wear. Did not want to keep shoes just in case of not fitting later so for the price I invested in decided to return. They were very nice and professional in my return since it was a little over thirty days.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

Shopping at Nordstroms is always a pleasant experience. Everything is displayed so nicely and there’s always A nice employee available to help find Just what we are looking for. The employees know their products and where to find them and it takes a little time to shop and find exactly what I want. They give me suggestions and help me with other ideas during my desired purchase. They are always very neatly dressed and very professional and this is important to me.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Shopping at the Thousand Oaks Nordstrom store is always a positive experience for me. After going to other locations and stores, I usually find myself back at Nordstrom's once again. This time in the men's clothing department. Being retired, I had given away my work suits and dress shirts. With an upcoming wedding, it was time to buy a sport coat and dress shirt for the occasion. I was not to be disappointed, and a young man in sales found me the perfect sport coat with a perfect fit.

In a week or so, I returned and was met by a young woman in sales who provide me with a perfect shirt to match my previous purchase. My shirt needed the sleeves raised and a tailor was called for the fitting. Now this shirt, being a dress shirt would normally be worn by tucking in the shirt tails. I am retired and normally wear my shirt tails out, so with the Certified Fitter, we decided to also alter the tails of the shirt in the fashion of an "un tucked " shirt. 90% of the time my shirt will be worn in that fashion. I want to thank the Tailor Shop, and especially Svetlana ** (Lana) for providing the opportunity to address my situation in such an understanding and positive way and for providing such excellence in her work. I look forward to continuing experiences shopping at Nordstrom. Respectfully, Geza

Original review: May 17, 2020

I called this morning to follow up on an order that I received a text stating it was delivered today. When tracking the order May 15th it said it was due on May 20th. Today I received a text stating ordered delivered and the date now shows April 29th for delivery. After a 45 min wait I got through and thought this was resolved although I did not have much confidence because the representative requested my credit card information again. I now received a receipt stating I ordered another perfume. Not to mention I was told that the free gifts were canceled, which my order did not state.

I called again and waited on the phone for over 1 hour. After over 1 hour someone finally answered and I could hear a conversation of who they were speaking to in their home. I sat on the line hoping they would realize they picked up but no they continued their conversation. Eventually I think they realized I was on the phone, they were listening to me speak about my frustration with a family member and then my call was transferred to the main message. This is the worst experience. I can’t believe out of all retail establishments that Nordstrom has by far the worst service. I’ve shopped online at other retailers and Covid19 should not be an excuse for the horrific service.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I purchased a dress from Nordstrom web page on March 11, I receive my order after they close their store for Coronavirus pandemic, the dress was big. I decided to return it by mail. I mail it using the shipping return label they send it with the package after I called their customer service and made sure I am following the right process. I sent the package on March 30 and the tracking shows that a representative from Nordstrom received the package. Until today April 29 I didn’t receive my refund back. I didn’t receive an email telling that they are processing my return. I called couple time and stay online for couple hours without having any satisfy answer. I sent 3 emails without having any answer.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I bought a product online and noted that the size I ordered was not placed correctly. That's besides the point, irony is that their site says, you can cancel order within 2 hours of purchase. I exhausted all my efforts for 1 hour but couldn't locate any option of canceling order. I ended up calling and waited for 1.5 hours and no one picked up phone and recording kept saying, "We very busy today but a rep will connect with you shortly." In short, in times like now we are all in, is this fair to give people more stress for expensive items purchase. Terrible service and it's a fraud so people fall in trap and just can't return, cancel or get any help over phone. Please help.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I have been unable all week to contact Nordstrom.com customer service. I have been on hold for 3 1/2 hours and more. I was calling to discuss my return, which Nordstrom has received. My return status states that I was not charged for my return item which is not true, Hence they are not going to refund my money! Customer service does not answer! 4.25.20.

Original review: March 28, 2020

I spent a lot of money on my Nordstrom card over Christmas. Received a $100 gift card to use by 3/15. Being that I am on the front lines during this crisis as a nurse practitioner, I was hoping that Nordstrom could extend my gift card so I can use today. After being on hold for 20 min, there's "nothing they can do". Very dissatisfied and will NOT be returning as a nordstrom customer.

Nordstrom author review by ConsumerAffairs

Nordstrom, Inc. started as a small shoe store in Seattle in 1901. The company now has brick-and-mortar stores throughout the United States and Canada.

• Selection: Consumers can find a wide variety of brands, styles and size options on the Nordstrom website. The website lists women’s sizes 4.5 to 13 and has a “4 and smaller” category as well as a “14 and above” category.

• Individualized returns: Nordstrom does not have an official return policy. Instead, the company works with individual customers to make sure they are satisfied.

• Videos: The Nordstrom website includes informative videos to help customers make a selection or care for their shoe purchases. They have videos for fitting shoes and boots and for cleaning suede and leather shoes.

• POP-IN: Each month, the Nordstrom site features a POP-IN shop with clothes, accessories and shoes from a special designer. Customers looking for unique pieces can watch for these special events.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team