3.7/5 (765 ratings)

About Nordstrom

Nordstrom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?

Original review: July 18, 2021

I used to think this was a good store but trying to price match or price adjust leaves me feeling that I am talking to a person on another planet. The information I receive is inconsistent from one agent to another. Then they ask me to call back after the order is received so they can do the price match. I cannot waste my time with this store anymore.

Original review: July 11, 2021

I have appreciated Nordstrom for years but lately there is little in store inventory, been ending up ordering items, they take forever to arrive (2 weeks+) and I live 10 min from the flagship store! When the expensive Chanel makeup finally arrives it is packed in butcher paper. Luxury and prestige of Nordstrom is gone.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2021

I ordered makeup online. Tried to use Nordy Note. That was unsuccessful. Then make up sent 2 separate packages. 1st package contained wrong item and no return label. Contacted Nordstrom. Finally was told they would pick up wrong item, however, no correct item available to order or ship. I returned item. No refund. Opened a dispute with credit card. Will not order from Nordstrom again.

Original review: May 11, 2021

I have influencer status and I spend almost nothing there on my own Nordstrom CC. I get a few Gift Credits from wealthy friends, which take months to exhaust. I also have alterations credits. So I found some slacks and had the alterations done. They bill the alterations to your CC and say it will be credited. Well it wasn't. I called and after a LONG hold, I was to be given a credit. But, Oh NO, they give you a Nordy Note... even more store credit to use... instead of crediting the Credit Card. What a pain.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I spend THOUSANDS at Nordstrom, in fact I am what they call influencer status. (Whatever). So I just shopped at the store and about a week later they lowered my credit without warning. I watch my credit usage very close. Because of this I was alerted by my credit watch and my usage jumped straight to 97.3% and dropped my credit score 25 points!!! I called them and they said they sent out a letter. I never got one. They said it was sent out on the 27th and that is the day they lowered my score. If the letter would have had time to get to me I would have paid off the card. The customer service is horrible. The kicker....I was closing on a house in 4 days. Not sure how this will affect my score but I was advised to seek counsel. (I did) and start a class action lawsuit.

This could be opportunity loss and I hope a my attorney does start a class action suit. This is unacceptable. FYI I have not been late on any payments either. I would also like to point out I never gave them permission to pull my credit and they gave me some dumb excuse. With that being said I checked who Nordstrom uses for credit and lo and behold it is TD Bank. Why is this funny? I have a ton of money with TD and credit cards with them that never got lowered. Long story short this is unacceptable and I will NEVER spend a dime with this ** company again!!!

Original review: March 12, 2021

I received a private event promotional email with a discount available to use at Nordstrom Rack. The code was not working and after spending an hour with customer service (chat and phone call) I was able to submit my order and utilized the discount. Today I received an email cancelling my order without an explanation. The item is available since is still online and my CC was charged so I don't understand with the order was cancelled. I am so disappointed. The customer service was terrible, it took an hour to place the order and 3 days the order was cancelled. The entire experience was terrible and very frustrating. Nordstrom has lost a loyal customer.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I have received very bad customer service from Nordstrom today. Since I have many other options such as Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomindales, etc I will not be spending another dime of my money at Nordstrom.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

The delivery research team has terrible customer service skills and they do not provide any help or explanation as to why they deny your refund. They confirm the items have been returned but provide no details as to why they do not process the refund! I’m a loyal customer for years I have an icon status with Nordstrom. I am sad I have to give a negative review for my long time favorite store. I read another user's review that has experienced the same thing I am dealing with. It's been a month since I returned back a couple of designer items which Nordstrom customer service has confirmed they have received. But refund has not been issued and no one knows why?

I call, email, chat with a representative daily and they say that I have to wait for an email from the delivery research team. I wait and I wait only to get a response saying “sorry we are unable to process your refund” BUT THEY DON’T TELL YOU WHY! It's horrible and so frustrating. For the first time in the past 10 years I am actually thinking of stop shopping at Nordstrom. I am lost. I have a large bill for items I have sent back. Confirmation that items have been received but no refunds and no response about why I am not getting a refund. Horrible. Just horrible experience.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I received a $15 voucher from Nordstrom to be used at the store, or Nordstrom Rack or HauteLook. I used it for a pair of shoes on their website, but it turns out the shoes were actually Nordstrom Rack's. Never got an order or shipping confirmation and after a few weeks the charge mysteriously disappeared off my credit card. I ordered the same pair of shoes on January 21, was charged, but never received them. I chatted with Rack and they said the shoes were shipped to a nearby Nordstrom store on Jan 26. Called the store - they had no record of the shoes and said they were Nordstrom, not Rack, and give Rack a call. So I then called Rack CS and they refunded me for the CC charge.

I give up - even though the shoes are still available on the website it's just not worth it for me to deal with this company. Years ago I ordered from Rack and HauteLook - they offered great service, but I have NO IDEA why they have become so AWFUL and INEFFICENT now. Seriously, why bother with them? So disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I have been a loyal customer of Nordstrom’s for years. I have never had a problem go unresolved when contacting customer service until recently. Here is my experience. I recently returned two items by mail, along with other items that I haven’t been refunded for and Nordstrom customer service seems to have no idea what is going on with my returns nor are they able to process the refund at this time. I have never called Nordstrom customer service and spoken to someone who says “I don’t know... I’m sorry... this must be frustrating... but I don’t have an answer for you, you will have to wait and see..”

The first item is a pair of Tory Burch shoes I sent back in the same box as a Tory Burch handbag. I received a refund for the bag to my PayPal account. The shoes which were on my Nordstrom credit card and are visible in my purchase history have not been refunded. Upon contacting customer service the representative was able to see that the item was received or sent to their return review department on 1/8/21, today is 1/27/21 and still no refund. The customer service representative told me she could not issue a refund for the shoes even though she could clearly see Nordstrom had received the shoes on the 8th, that it is up to their return review department to process the refund. That she would send over a request to process the return and I will receive an email with a decision in 24-48 hours. A decision? The shoes in question were unworn, in original box, etc.. This alone is unnerving.

The other item was a Zella sweatshirt, also purchased on my Nordstrom credit card, viewable in my purchase history, that was sent back along with other items that have been credited back to my Nordstrom account. Again I was told by another representative that my return request was passed along to the returns review department and that I will receive an email with a decision in 24-48 hours. I received an email that simply stated my return request was denied. Not even a reason why they would deny the return. I called again, to find out why the return was denied. I was told by a 3rd representative that “they don’t know, and that they understand my frustration, and they are sorry, but there is nothing they can do except escalate the claim with the returns review department and that I will receive another decision via email in 24-48 hours.”

I called a 4th time thinking that possibly someone else might have better insight. I spoke to a supervisor who looked into the issue and said while she was able to see when the shoes arrived and they are accounted for, the sweatshirt is not accounted for. Is it missing? Did it fall in the floor? She doesn’t know, she doesn’t have access to that information and she is not able to process a refund for either item until they are reviewed by the returns department.

Never have I ever heard of the returns review department, nor have I ever had them referenced so many time regarding return status. I asked if this is a new policy. To which I was told, the return review department is nothing new, that all the returns are processed through them. Yet I have never had a problem with items missing from my mailed returns. And if I did I never had to wait 24-48 hours for a decision to be made. I sent an email to Nordstrom customer service referencing all of these issues, I am awaiting their response. However this has permanently affected my relationship with Nordstrom forever. Even if these issues are fixed within their customer service department, I can never trust again that my returns made by mail will be processed correctly.

Part of the joy of shopping with Nordstrom was the ease of which you could send back items by mail, combine items from multiple orders, and never have to worry about if and when your account will be credit. Now I would feel that I’d be gambling sending items back by mail, since I have had two items go missing in the last month that were returned by mail. I would feel that I have to watch my mailed returns like a hawk to make sure they are received, properly processed, and credited back to my account. And if not? What is my recourse? To call customer service to be told I’m out of luck? Because that is what I’m being told. Unfortunately I made both of these purchases with my Nordstrom store credit card, or I have raised the issue with my credit card company in the fir of a dispute against Nordstrom.

I did call Nordstrom credit department who told me at this time I can’t raise a dispute against the store. I can’t even think of another time where I have felt so helpless and at the mercy of a company to just do the right thing. Never again. There are too many other retailers out there to be bothered. I hope this complaint reaches someone who cares enough to set Nordstrom straight. At the least I hope it serves as a warning to anyone who buys online or returns through the mail with Nordstrom that their customer service is not what it once was, and that customer satisfaction is not a priority to Nordstrom anymore. To everyone else that is voicing similar concerns with the level of, or lack thereof, of customer service, you are not alone.

Nordstrom author review by ConsumerAffairs

Nordstrom, Inc. started as a small shoe store in Seattle in 1901. The company now has brick-and-mortar stores throughout the United States and Canada.

• Selection: Consumers can find a wide variety of brands, styles and size options on the Nordstrom website. The website lists women’s sizes 4.5 to 13 and has a “4 and smaller” category as well as a “14 and above” category.

• Individualized returns: Nordstrom does not have an official return policy. Instead, the company works with individual customers to make sure they are satisfied.

• Videos: The Nordstrom website includes informative videos to help customers make a selection or care for their shoe purchases. They have videos for fitting shoes and boots and for cleaning suede and leather shoes.

• POP-IN: Each month, the Nordstrom site features a POP-IN shop with clothes, accessories and shoes from a special designer. Customers looking for unique pieces can watch for these special events.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team