1.38/5
Based on 62 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

258 Nordstrom Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 27, 2018

I had just received my notes from the end of my statement, I went to check out and saw my 60 dollars in notes had automatically been added to my total. I went back to add one more item to my cart, when I returned to the cart my notes had disappeared. I called customer service, after being on the phone for 34 minutes (on hold for most of it), they did nothing to solve the problem, the girl was totally unhelpful, I will be cancelling my card with them because of this. Especially when their rewards are by no means the best around and I could be getting much better rewards from some other Credit Card company, and rewards that won't just vanish. 60= $6,000 in spending when I could be getting something more worthwhile, like airline miles, and double or triple the points for just shopping anywhere. I'll be taking my high-end business to an actual high-end company like, Neiman Marcus or Cos Bar from here on out.

Original review: June 20, 2018

As a young man, I enjoyed spoiling my wife with presents from Nordstrom’s (San Diego area). I was a new college professor and Barbara a second grade teacher, so money was important. Nordstom’s was a splurge for us, but the quality was exceptional, customer service was unmatched, and there was that wonderful grand piano. I’ve never written a negative review before and it really bothers me that I have to write it about a store I loved.

My wife ordered a pair of pants online. We rely on the Internet because we live in a rural town in Montana. The pants arrived with the security tag still attached. It was a mistake and disappointing, but easy to forgive. Barbara called customer care and was told that she would have to repurchase the pants, return the security tag pants and wait up to two weeks after the faulty pants were received to have the original purchase credited. They did promise to send the new pants express mail, although they took five days to arrive. I was livid! This should have been a simple exchange.

My wife of 45 years is a lovely, trusting woman and I have seen people try to take advantage of her over the years. I only step in when I have to. It took two more phone calls just to get Nordstrom’s Customer Care to send a prepaid mailing label. Two more emails from me resulted in a phone call to Barbara rescinding the original requirement to purchase the pants again and wait for credit on the security tag pants. I immediately drove 25 miles to town to mail back the pants. By then we had spent about an hour and a half dealing with Nordstrom’s mistake.

Here is where I got upset. I politely asked Nordstrom’s for a discount or gift card for Barbara’s trouble. My request was declined. I asked the customer care representative to connect me to her supervisor. I got another email from another representative (supervisor?) who also declined stating that it wasn’t company policy! Just a token gesture on Nordstrom’s part would have made this complaint unnecessary.

Nordstrom 258 Reviews and Complaints - Read Before You Buy

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 13, 2018

My mom and I USED to shop at Nordstrom's all the time. Recently, we returned three items with the tags on it that we never wore. We sent it to the address on their website. Two items we sent with a tracking number, one without. Nordstrom's "claimed" they NEVER received anything. We spoke to EVERYONE in Corporate for over a month, only to find ourselves speaking to the assistant of THE BIG LIAR himself, Mr. Nordstrom. His assistant told us they, Nordstrom, would not reimburse us for ANY of our lost items.

We took them to small claims court and won. They had the nerve to send this young, poor girl down to where we live to our courthouse. She was so nervous and she had no idea what she was doing. She made us sign a contract that said Nordstrom would pay US for OUR Merchandise as long as we did not go into any Nordstrom in the future. DON'T WORRY! WHO THE ** WANTS TO! YOU GREEDY **. Shop at Neiman's. They have the BEST customer service out there, and much better merchandise.

Original review: June 9, 2018 Places a order with Nordstrom/Rack online April of this year. Order was places at 9 pm on a Saturday. Decided the next day on Sunday that I really did not want the order. Called to cancel and was told by a very rude Customer Service Rep that there is a 2 hour cancellation policy and I past the time. 2 hour policy who

has that? "We do," she said. Order had not shipped yet. "You can cancel the shipment," I said. Nope 2 hour policy. And said, "Is there any else I can do for you?

Got 1/2 the order 10 days later and sent it back. Called again to check to see if missing item had shipped, because I did not want it, again I was told, "We have a 2 hour cancel policy". Item was not shipped until the middle of May. I got UPS to return it to Nordstrom/Rack on the 29 of May. It is now June. Called to see why credit was not processed and was told I needed to make sure UPS really sent it back to them. This is unbelievable . Beyond RUDE attitude that they must go to classes for because they cannot learn this on their own. Their Customer Service department has several complaints just like mine. Did not even get into the Supervisor's response to her reps.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I was shopping at the Nordstrom store which is located Natick mall today, for girl's dresses, But I had a bad experience with their customer service. I think that it has to do with because I was different from the people that they were helping and their looks. Since I was Muslim women and they may be thinking that I don't have money. Yet, they were kept following me everywhere I went to store keep assisting me or pretending they want to help me, but actually I feel uncomfortable with how they treat people like me. However, I have bought the dresses for my daughter, which was quite expensive, and paid in cash.

After that, the lady who was the customer service didn't even give me or hand me my baby dress. She has just handed the receipt and put the bag under their desk, and she just walks out. Then I called her, and I ask her where my dress is. She says, "Oh it's under the dress get over there." No respect at all, NO thank you, big discrimination, and I couldn't believe it. I have been shopping this store more than 6 yrs. But today will be my last day unless they change those people thinking they can mistreat other human beings while they have gotten paid for to do a good job for someone's else business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?

Original review: June 8, 2018

Absolute horrible, misleading shipping. Free??? Ha!!! Maybe somewhere in the US but here in Canada it works out to almost 1/3 of the cost of the product... Ripoff! Then, we get the items, minus one, so I'm trying to track it and guess what? There's no way to track the item that's missing, seriously, Google "Nordstrom Tracking" and if you're lucky it'll be a tracking watch. Useless.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I shopped Nordstrom for as long as I can remember, but that day has come to an end! The store use to bright and full of energy, now they are dim and empty! I guess management is relying on new age brainless wonders to make business decisions on how to run the stores. The women shoe department is nothing compared to how it was just a few years ago. There are few styles to choose from that aren't attractive whatsoever. There is a hassle to return an item even if you have a receipt. I drove 2.5 hours to try on items at a store to be told that they didn't carry the items in the store any longer.

Wow! Just wow! How are they staying in business? I want to see and try on what I want to buy! You would think that I asked for the moon when I requested a sample from the cosmetic counter! The total Nordstrom experience is gone... run into the ground by some idiots that had a great marketing plan. You have lost me as customer and I won't be back. I closed my Nordstrom credit card as they are awful too. I look forward to shopping at Neiman Marcus!

Original review: June 2, 2018

It is a great place to shop at but their prices are a little too high. And sometimes they don't have shoes in stock. You have to wait a very long time for them to restock. And when they have it in stock they don't have your size.

Original review: June 1, 2018

When buying a pair of boots I asked the saleswomen where I might find a raincoat in the store, "Oh," she said, "Those are upstairs. When we are finished here I'LL take you up there, and show you where they are". Exceptional service!

Original review: May 6, 2018

I thought I would share with everyone my last (and I do mean last) visit to Nordstrom Rack. Throughout my whole career in Customer Service, it seemed like in every training class, Nordstrom's was always mentioned. Their Customer Service was like no other retailer, it was top of the line, and every retailer (or any company providing Customer Service) would strive for being half as good as Nordstrom's was. I've heard story after unbelievable story of what this store would do to provide an excellent Customer Service experience. Well today I found out that Nordstrom Rack, does not mirror the same service that their regular stores provide. I wanted to exchange a pair of pants, never worn still had tags on, with a receipt and in the same bag that it was purchased in. Mind you I asked for an exchange not credit or refund. They denied the exchange because it was over 90 days! What?

They said they don't have the same policies as the Nordstrom store because they are an outlet store. They went on to say that my pants were purchased at a discounted price ~ are you kidding me? I paid the full price that was on the tag! I was thoroughly disgusted! Everything I had known all my life about this Nordstrom company had disintegrated to nothing! Let me tell you that TJ Maxx will take any exchange, without a receipt or tags and purchased over a year or more ago! They have all the selections that Nordstrom Rack has and at a better discount! The fact that the pants they wouldn't exchange for me were still selling on the floor was even more infuriating! Don't shop at Nordstrom Rack ~ go to TJ Maxx (or any other store) that values their customers and wants to retain them! I am through with Nordstrom Rack, their Customer Service and exchange policy is worse than any other retailer.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I find better prices, variety without the hassle of going to the stores. I also enjoy free shipping at Nordstrom. Also Target and Walmart have a minimum purchase for free ship. Macy's only when they have free shipping/additional percentage.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I returned 2 out of 3 on-line items I purchased (I am going to take back the 3rd on principle)- They had computer issues so I waited 20 minutes and was told items would come off my bill as I left them there and received a written note stating they were returned and would be credited to my account TODAY. I get home to get email STATING my refund would be credited once I mail back already taken back shoes that the store has! And they charged me a return fee (5.95 I would have had to pay if I had not driven up there and returned to store-STILL CHARGED THIS) as well! Out $131.63! I called the store- this happened last month as well! Spoke to Christina at the Indianapolis Rack store and she said she would call me back.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I received an email from Nordstrom Rack saying they were shutting down my account because of the "high volume" of returns I have from online purchases which is strange, because I keep a good amount of my orders. Hello, you are an ONLINE RETAILER! Shouldn't you know how the business works? People order multiple colors and sizes because...surprise, you can't try them on first! If they don't fit, which is a high possibility (because...reminder: you can't try the items on first), then you return the item. I have never had this type of experience with an online shopping company which I think says something hugely negative about how NR treats their customers. I've advised my friends and family to not shop at NR either in-store or online unless they want to have something ridiculous like this happen to them as well.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I shopped often at Nordstromrack.com. I kept many items but also returned many back to the store near my home. Because of the nature of buying clothing/shoes online, the rate of returning the items is high. I could not believe that Nordstrom Rack just closed my online account without discussing with me. I kept the payment on time and the items returned back to the store were kept in the original bags with the tags. I don't see myself of abusing their system. The way being treated like this shocked me. I just never shop there again. Just to share this story with you. Be careful with this store.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I went to the Oxnard, CA Nordstrom Rack store to exchange an item. Since I did not have the receipt I figure that is fair. So, when I went to customer service and told the girl what I wanted to do, she immediately told me to stand there, and do not go into the store. She had to get approval from the manager to exchange the item. After a few minutes, I asked where the manager was and she, "Oh I have to call her." A woman comes out, really rude and said, "I am only going to do this one time?" I asked her what we only wanted to exchange the item, we did not want any money. I then told her she was being rude, she, "I am not being rude but I am only going to do this one time", I asked for the manager and she said she was the manager.

We knew we were not going to resolve anything. So, we asked for the region manager number, of course, they gave us the wrong number. I call the store back again. Asked to speak to the manager, the same lady then tells me that the store manager was not there and refused to give me her name. The point that was upsetting was, that we were told to stand in the front of the store like we had stolen the item, which we clearly did not, we walked directly in the store and went to customer service. I usually shop there all the time and never had an issue with returning items. I called the corporate office and they did not return my call. And I am a real customer.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I purchased an order with 1233 dollars including tax and shipment was free. Nordstrom withdraw the full amount from my credit card. Items were shipped as I received a message for confirmation... then after 4 days from the order my bank contacted me telling me that Nordstrom has been making daily withdrawal from my credit card... first one was 1233 dollars, then 167 dollars then 191 dollars then 620 dollars and my bank freezed the account immediately and rejected the transfer of the 620.

When I called the customer service she said, “Sorry, this is how our system works!” When I told her that I should approve and be informed how the system works, then I decide whether or not I want to agree on that she said, “Sorry, we don’t inform”... “and it is just because you have a debit card “, when I told her it is a credit card she said, “Ohhh, sorry and credit card as well”. She was trying to make me do the same mistake of buying from them without being informed of this unethical method, by trying to convince me that this happens only with debit cards... worse online shopping, worse experience. People try to manage with the money they have, withdrawing it without any permission is just unacceptable. I had important payments to settle, now I can’t, and it is all because of this unethical website.

Original review: April 16, 2018

The reason for this review is to inform people that Nordstrom's policies are no longer customer service-oriented nor are their personnel. I remember when that was their cachet. I have been a Nordstrom customer for 40 years; my mother was a Nordstrom customer and so was my grandmother when the only Nordstrom store in existence was located in Seattle. I was at the first Nordstrom’s grand opening here in San Diego. When I worked for them for a short period 10 years ago, I learned they were not all they were purported to be. Despite their declining customer service even in their full-price stores, I continued to shop there. But no more.

On Saturday, their couldn’t-care-less attitude for servicing their customers was demonstrated by the current Nordstrom Rack “manager” Cindy (actual store manager was off) in the Carmel Mountain Ranch area of San Diego. I requested to speak with the manager after the cashier had wasted enough of my time trying to find my purchase in their computer— even though I told her the three sweaters I was trying to return still had their tags on them. The prices and the store’s barcodes were clearly showing and I pointed them out. The sweaters were in perfect condition and I had brought them back to the store in which I purchased them.

When the manager of the day came over, she repeated the same “policy” as the cashier— no returns after 45 days, which used to be 60 days, and you must have the receipt. I asked, “Where does it state that?” She said, “All over the store.” The places must not be obvious as I had and still have never seen them. She also said, “it’s on the back of the receipt” and she showed me the back of a receipt-- light grey print on a white receipt. I couldn’t read it. Nothing like making your important policies so they cannot be found or read. Shady. Just like some of their practices that I learned about when I worked for them. Throughout our conversation she seemed to be disassociating Nordstrom from Nordstrom Rack.

Did it matter that I had been shopping with the Nordstrom Rack since they arrived in San Diego about 30 years ago and that I had never heard that before? No. Did it matter that I had been an original Nordstrom customer since they first appeared in San Diego? No. To add insult to injury, she then decided to insult me by stating, “I could only give you a penny for that sweater,” and then attempting to rationalize such nonsense. Never any apologies. I am pretty sure that in Selling 101, you aren’t taught cheeky insults to use on your customers. It certainly wasn’t part of my training when I worked for the company.

Nordstrom is not what they used to be. Their customer service isn’t what it used to be, their staff isn’t what it used to be, and their reputation isn’t what it used to be. Too bad for them. This long-time customer will not be returning. Sadly, they are not above the pack anymore—they have joined the pack, if not moved to the bottom.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Received my North Face parka jacket today. Love the style of the jacket and been waiting for this one to go on sale. When I open the box noticed that the jacket has no tags or whatsoever right there and then I knew it was used/return item. I tried it on and when I reach inside the pockets both side have old tissues and noticed that one has a used panty liner inside! Yes a sanitary napkin from someone else’s private. When I called customer service all they can say is sorry. The jacket is sold out. Would love to keep it even when it’s a used item but after what I saw inside the pockets? No thank you! Been a customer of Nordstrom. Love the store but please maybe change your very lenient return policy or at least have the decency to put tags and clean the item before sending it to mail. Very disgusting!

Original review: March 21, 2018

I tried to return an item that was over a year old but I have proof of purchase, it was never worn, no tags. The sales person I spoke with had to make several phone calls and get another representative to come over to the counter to help and then they denied the return. I gave them my second item which is still for sale in the store but over-year-old with the receipt and she wanted to return it for $34. When I looked on the company website the item was still for sale for the original cost which I purchased it for $88. I kept the dress and left. Very unhelpful, difficult returns & poor service. In another time, I tried to return a very expensive eye cream that was still a full container and they claimed the color was not correct and the denied the return.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Santoni - Had two pairs for 3 years. They stretched way too much. Cushion wore out much faster than lesser expensive brands. Talk to Kathleen men's shoe department. Manager no help, basically told me to kick rocks. Not in those terms. She was no help.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I have been a customer of Nordstrom for over 10 years, and have spent thousands with them. I recently placed my first online order. Oh boy, did I not know what I was getting myself into. After 11 phone calls and reaching out to corporate, my issue has still not been resolved. I am appalled with the lack of customer service, and how incompetent all of the representatives I’ve spoken to have been, including multiple supervisors. They do not care to make things right with the customer no mater how harsh the situation may be.

It seems as if all they care about are the millions, if not billions of dollars they are making. I am truly disappointed - disgusted, even - and I will NEVER give another penny to this hideous company who messed up my order, did not properly cancel an item, charged me twice, once in bank, and once on gift card & made me call 11 times because they kept making mistake after mistake on my order. Simple one item order. I do NOT recommend anyone taking their business to Nordstrom. You will surely be disappointed.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I received my package today as I’m leaving to go out of the country tomorrow and my shorts were not in the bag. Can someone tell me how anyone miss a whole pair of shorts when I paid for them. I called customer services and the only thing they said they can do for me is offer me free shipping. WAIT WHAT I can get free shipping if I look for a coupon online and then the only way I’m able to get the shorts is if they cancel my order (which takes 3-5 business days for the money to be returned back in my acct) and then I would have to go back online and reorder the shorts.

How is this right. I have a business and when I get something done I’m done with it. This is too much time taken away from me and I’m getting ready to leave the country without one of my outfits. They say they can’t offer me anything but free shipping which I can get on my own. I order online every day and never had this problem. Ralph Lauren if they make a mistake they fix it and also offer a credit. Thanks for nothing Nordstrom Rack.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Ordered a Robert Graham shirt online on a Saturday night. A few hours later, changed my mind and began trying to cancel the order. Emails, phone calls, etc. Was DENIED a cancellation due to a ** "2 hour policy". My order was not processed and no shipping label was created and the order had not been filled and/or shipped. I went back and forth with Saturday night and all day and night Sunday and into the morning on Monday. Regardless, they charged my card up front and refused to refund it.

Got a message Monday that "good news!, my order had been shipped", but in reality when I checked the status, it simply said it was ready for UPS to pick up. So, still not fulfilled and shipped out, but still denied a cancellation and refund. Was told I had to wait until the item arrives and THEN if I was not satisfied, I could "return" it!!! Ridiculous. Already not satisfied and do not want the item, and now they are forcing me to wait 5 days to just go through the motions and headache of returning the item, which will then take another 10 days plus to be refunded finally. I will never order from them again!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Going overseas to a colder region and saw a pair of Timberland boots and purchased the product and hopefully to receive it before I leave. In this day of age with developed technology shipping and dispatching a product should not take 10-21 days. Anyways the boots was said to be delivered on this specific date and it did arrive however, it was a woman's dress. Not a pair of Timberland boots BUT a woman's dress. I was utterly disgusted as when I went back to the product page, my size and many other sizes were sold out. Given them enough time to dispatch (10 days), yet they STILL shipped me the wrong item. I question to myself, you must be drinking when you're doing this, can't believe this company is still alive.

Anyways, I politely sent them an email and they are willing to give me a FULL refund due to my circumstances, they said they will provide a shipping label so I can ship the product back to them and then I'll get a full refund. A complete joke. A shipping label can be sent to me through email yet it took countless of email to ask where about it is. THEY MANAGED TO REPLY QUICKLY BUT STILL DID NOT PROVIDE A SHIPPING RETURN LABEL. This website should be removed. I'm not expert but I believe it breaks many consumer laws and just a complete joke and waste of money and time.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Vince ** and Lori ** out of CO services admitted 3 day overlap in 34 dollar payment yet still erroneously reported an outstanding balance to credit bureaus when in fact the balance was zero. (Names given could be fake) Lori ** admitted that "that is when Nordstrom does their billing. We are on our own schedule." All ego zero intelligence or any type of customer service or retention. Hopefully Lori and Vince got really big bonuses (they should with the billion dollar tax break Nordstrom will now be getting) and feel really good about their fulfilling impactful lives from destroying my credit rating 80 points.

Now hired attorney and working with credit bureaus which makes me feel better and hopefully impact others not to shop at this ** store and or take the bait when they push this card. Especially when you live in a major urban area with good credit. Lesson learned for me. Never Nordstrom. Yay online retailers putting them out of business soon. See other 1 star reviews of the shady card services operation and stay clear of this card!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

My husband's bank card had 2 times fraud charge from them and it is weird that he just walk by Nordstrom, doesn't shop at all, and I placed some orders with this company, they don't have the items on hand so they try to charge your card as a pending transaction, and I was waiting for a while they cancelled the order and they said they shipped the product already after a month and they charge on your different card in the file with their system on after 2 months. This is an awful service I ever had. I don't have my product with me and they said they sure that I received my purchase, but I never have the thing, so they cancelled the wrong charge payment on my bank card and require to charge on my original payment method on the Nordstrom Card that on my receipt.

They assume that I have the order, but my receipt is show that it is shipped to the store, I don't even pick it up and the store said they do not have it. And the card center said the item sold in full price without the promotion that I have and they still require to charge the product on my account. I'm totally confuse and they abuse me, but I'm the person who handling no items received and pay for the item in the same time, and I totally feel so wrong. And now, I call all their number and they told me to wait they find out. They are ridiculous, this couple dollars make you spend more than 2 weeks is still not fix. I don't trust them anymore.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I have multiple sons and will walk around boys department with an armful of clothes. No one will ever offer to put them at the counter for me like they used to. I used to think it was one particular salesperson. No, it is everyone - it appears to be their new policy - which I certainly don't understand. Must have been a memo - "Don't offer to hold clothes at counter". Rarely go to Nordstrom anymore - all around decline.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I don't know what happened to Nordstrom's so called good customer service. A few years ago, I ordered a pink Longchamp purse and used it once. It got holes in the corners after the first use. I was able to return it. I also bought a Coach zip up wristlet which I had to return because the zipper was weak. I thought it was a fluke. A few years later, I bought a pair of UGG boots which stiffened. I am a cardholder and never see the rewards dollars either; and the one time I was supposed to see a 20.00 Nordstrom Note, I had to call for days the Customer service to just get the note which I finally got after 2 weeks of waiting.

As for the boots, I tried to take them back to the store and the salesperson was super rude, the manager would not take them back because I had no proof of purchase and assumed they could look it up with a card but apparently it was the card I changed numbers with. They were in the box etc. I was just asking for an exchange, not some big windfall of cash anyway. Eventually I had Nordstrom.com return them and they gave me a gift card value of the lowest selling price which I had to accept.

I bought a pair of baby booties which had the return sticker on them already from a store, a small tiny cloth bag which seemed okay, and a pair of rain boots that made deep cuts and marks on my legs, no matter how many layers I wore under them. They took back the boots. I then exchanged for a pair of Puma shoes which had different toes and a big white thumbprint I could not brush off with a cloth on the material. I also got a wallet and it looked like a store return, with one sticker peeled off and another stuck on there, and it looked like someone smashed the box with their foot or fist. No return label was inside. This is a limited edition wallet and the Nordstrom logo on cardboard was not inside and instead a little piece of awkwardly cut white piece of paper.

I don't know how someone could have returned this so quickly, it looks like the picture and it fits a lot in it. They say I can return it too, but I don't want to go through any more aggravation with them. I honestly think that at this point, more should have been done for me with all these situations. It is too many negative problems with this so-called high end company. It is very insulting that I got these damaged goods and I'm starting to take it personally.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I wish there was a no star option. Nordstrom advertised a jacket on sale on their site. I purchased it online. A day later I received notification that it was unavailable. When I called the CS person said to watch the site and order again. To make a very long story short, I ended up ordering and having it canceled 7 times. Each time it shows up as available. When I call CS the very well-rehearsed CS rep will say: "I'm so sorry, I will report this issue." Then a few days later the item shows back up. A call to CS and they will be happy to upsell me to another item NOT ON SALE. This feels a lot like a bait and switch. But in any case not the Nordstrom's I am familiar with. Better to shop with another store. The images I attached show the original order and the "recommended" items which are more expensive.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I would give zero stars. Nordstrom customer support has tanked. They used to be so good - quality high-end service. I have placed 3 different orders for the same product, listed as available over and over on their website, to have all 3 orders cancelled. Customer support is of no help. They basically shrug and say, "It's out of stock." It shouldn't be re-listed if it's out of stock. Last conversation with a rep, they did the equivalent of hanging up on me during an online support chat. Neiman's and Bloomingdale's still available for high-end service. If I'm spending the dollars, I expect the service.

Nordstrom expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Nordstrom, Inc. started as a small shoe store in Seattle in 1901. The company now has brick-and-mortar stores throughout the United States and Canada.

• Selection: Consumers can find a wide variety of brands, styles and size options on the Nordstrom website. The website lists women’s sizes 4.5 to 13 and has a “4 and smaller” category as well as a “14 and above” category.

• Individualized returns: Nordstrom does not have an official return policy. Instead, the company works with individual customers to make sure they are satisfied.

• Videos: The Nordstrom website includes informative videos to help customers make a selection or care for their shoe purchases. They have videos for fitting shoes and boots and for cleaning suede and leather shoes.

• POP-IN: Each month, the Nordstrom site features a POP-IN shop with clothes, accessories and shoes from a special designer. Customers looking for unique pieces can watch for these special events.

• Best for: The Nordstrom website carries shoes for adults and children and is best for bust adults, professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs