1.37/5

273 Nordstrom Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I had purchased 4 shirts online with my debit card. They proceeded to double charge me by recharging each item as it was sent out. It caused my finances to spin out of control and my bank account to be overdrafted. Made a claim with my bank. Very disappointed and will not be ordering from them again. Old Navy and Toys R Us (to name a few) have also pulled this crap in the past. Tired of these large companies stealing our hard earned money, reinvesting it in their schemes, and taking months to pay it back, when they want payment IMMEDIATELY. Shame that’s how things are ran nowadays. Wondering if I can even afford to buy clothing to cover my body anymore if this is how companies operate! Sad when you drop $200 and the company underhandedly charges $400. No normal American can even afford that type of error.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I ordered some items on nordstrom.com the other day. The total was $714. They charged my debit card. Fine. Today, as products shipped, they charged me again, for each package. Three charges. So in essense they charged my account $1,428. It was all taken OUT of my account, not just a hold. I called, she said it is their policy, and that the original $714 charge will come off now, per my bank's policy, and that some banks take 3-5 business days to return this money to my account. I shop online quite often and have never seen this double-charge policy. I will not shop Nordstrom again. I'm shocked that they do business this way.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Yesterday in the early afternoon while I was on my way to the SkyTrain I noticed a young man quietly and unobtrusively panhandling in front of Nordstrom. He was seated on the pavement and he was not bothering anyone. He was not on Nordstrom property, nor was he anywhere near an entrance, but on the sidewalk, which is public space. One of their Paladin security guards, a young male about twenty years old, blonde, tall, told the panhandler to move on, and he did without arguing. I approached the security guard and told him "He shouldn't have to move. You and I at least have homes. Shame on you." The security guard replied, "Thanks for moving away, sir." Well, at least he called me sir, given that I am old enough to be his father, maybe even his grandfather, though I found him otherwise rude.

Now I am not specifically complaining about him, but that a vulnerable, poor and likely homeless man, can't be left in peace, just because he happens to be begging in front of this prestigious establishment. He was not on Nordstrom property, we have a crisis of homelessness and housing in this city, and I believe that his treatment by their security guard was shameful and completely inappropriate. Panhandling, if it is not aggressive, nor near a store entrance (he was nowhere near your entrance), or a public washroom or if it is not addressed to someone inside a car, is not illegal in Vancouver. Nordstrom has overstepped their bounds here. Given that this is indicative of their attitude towards the poor and less fortunate, be assured that I will never shop at Nordstrom and I will actively discourage others as well.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Received a pair of Betsy Johnson bedazzled tennis shoes instead of a men’s Brooks Brothers polo, to be told they were sold out. They canceled order, but said I could not receive a refund until I drove to take the shoes back to a local Nordstrom Rack. Flash forward 8 months and I place a $200 order with them, giving my new address and they still ship it to my old address. I was waiting on hold for 20 mins just to be disconnected. Waiting my second time now...8 mins in. Now once being connected to a manager, because the service lady couldn’t re-route my package. I find that half of it can be rerouted, so the main part, a jacket that I got for Denver next week, will be shipped to the wrong address.

The manager even provided the right address, that I’ve never used on their site until this order. Proving that I provided the correct shipping address. They are making my mother, who the package was shipped to and who has severe lupus drive 30 mins to the nearest post office pay $30 to overnight it to me and the manager says, "Sorry nothing I can do." Horrible. No pre-shipping label? Nope, she couldn’t do that. Not even 10% off my next order? Nah, Nordstrom RACK is too good for that. I told her I hope she sleeps well at night. God, fix your customer service. Worst ever. You may as well be a discounted Ross or TJ Maxx.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I’ve gotten 2 very expensive pieces of jewelry from here in the past month. One was a $1200 Lagos bracelet that broke and one was a Monica Vinader diamond ring that snapped. Both broke within a month of purchasing/receiving as a present. Very disappointed in Nordstrom and the quality of the brand. Spend your money elsewhere.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I purchased an expensive jacket ($586) only for it to go on sale 40% off ($340) not even two weeks later and literally the same day I actually received the jacket. I asked about getting a price adjustment since this sale occurred so quickly after I bought it and this was the response I got: "Thank you for your price adjustment inquiry! I wish I was able to honor that sale price for you, however we are sold out of the size that you purchased. It does need to be available in the same size and color for us to honor this price. I'm truly sorry for this inconvenience." So it's very convenient for them to mark things down this far, suddenly they go out of stock and when you ask for a price adjustment because you just bought it they will say no. I'm not buying from this sketchy company again.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I purchased a specific pair of pants online as part of my outfit as a groomsman for my sister's wedding. When the pants arrived the bottoms of the pant legs were completely unfinished (as in had no hemming or finishing sewing work done to them at all). I had no time to go through the return/exchange process because by the time the pants arrived the wedding was in just a few days and the closest Nordstrom to me is 5 hours away, so I couldn't replace them. I ended up having to get them hemmed, which of course cost me extra above and beyond the price of the pants.

Normally if it were just a sizing issue or something I would do an exchange/return but I do not intend to return them because I paid to have them finished when they should have just been finished in the first place. This caused me a great deal of stress leading up to my sister's wedding and as such I've been seeking a refund rather than an exchange. I have already spoken on the phone with a Nordstrom representative and clearly explained all of this, but she was insistent that I return the pants and told me to just check my email (no emails have come regarding this). I also tried the chat option on their website with similar results, and was told I would have to return the pants that I had tailored in order to get a refund.

At this point I would just like my money back for the unfinished pants after all of this but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. I'd never shopped with Nordstrom before purchasing an entire $300 groomsman outfit through them (shirt, pants, shoes, belt), but after this experience I will most definitely not shop with them ever again. This has been an incredibly stressful and disappointing experience and their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Please do not enter your credit card information on their site!!! They will use it fraudulently to bill against your account even though you never setup auto pay. I know they are in trouble but I've had over 6 ACHs from Nordstrom that I did not authorize appear on my bank account.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I used to rely on Nordstrom for a kind of humanity in their stores, as well as good service online. With fewer and fewer salespeople, their stores are as diffuse as any chain. But their online services continued to be excellent. In the past two years, however, they have failed to deliver over five packages to my address and always claim they have "followed up" with UPS. However, when I have checked with UPS, there isn't a report of a follow up. (As of now, there are two ongoing investigations.) I have ordered many things online from other places. Since all other places have always delivered packages, I have to conclude that their shipping service is chaotic. Most upsetting, is that they have begun to charge to things that aren't delivered.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE!!! This is the only way I can express how angry and disappointed we are with Nordstrom! I bought Salvatore Ferragamo belt from Nordstrom and they sent a totally different item and when we went to change it the rude staff said, "This is a fake one" and they even accused of stealing the original one and bringing back the fake one to get a new one!!! I ** can't believe this can happen in Salvatore Ferragamo store and Nordstrom!!! THIS IS FOR SURE THE LAST TIME I am buying ANYTHING from either of these and Please don't buy anything from these guys! Waste of money and they even insult you!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I trust few credit card companies, maybe just Capital One I trust, but also few store credit companies and Nordstrom Rewards card is one of them. I have been screwed over and overcharged so many times. This company and their card might as well be a scam. I am very disappointed, upset, and was way too trusting of this company and their card services. I should have listened to verbal bad reviews I was getting. Nordstrom you should get your act together with your card services. You do have dissatisfied customers.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I like this cleanser for the face. I use it with my brush. It clean the face very well and it plant like that's why I got it. Something good for the skin. I been waiting to get this product and I like it very much.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Outraging!! I returned via mail an item that was purchased online. The package was processed and I received an email to let me know I was going to be credited -

BUT that credit has never appeared on my card. AND this is not the only time!! This year, I am out over $1000 from credit that are supposed to be processed but never make it to the bank. Nordstrom blames the bank - well I didn't use the same card, not even the same network (AMEX and VISA)... and both had the same issue?? I think they have issues batch processing their returns once in a while, but they don't care. All I have is to fight the purchase with my CC... Outrageous!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I made a La Mer purchase with gifts this morning. Originally I was planning to change my order, so I talked to the customer agent online and told her to cancel my order. However, I changed my mind right away, so I chatted with the agent again don't cancel my order. She confirmed twice my order won't be cancelled. My order still got cancelled in the afternoon even the agent confirmed twice my order won't be cancelled. So I talked to online agent one more time in the afternoon and ask them to fix it. They said the gift were already ran out, they can place my order again but there is no gift. This is super upset experience in my past 10+ years online shopping history!!! It is a purely Nordstrom error and they refuse to fix it. Don't shop with Nordstrom!!! Try someone else like Bergdorf Goodman or even Macy's. They have much better services!!!

Original review: July 22, 2018

I had to return a sweater that gave me a rash and caused me to itch. I was greatly allergic to the sweater. I chatted with a Man online about this problem. He sent me a return label to send the sweater back due to the fact the sweater caused me to itch. He told me that when they received the sweater they would credit my Mastercard for the full amount that I paid. After more than a week I called Nordstrom Rack Online to check on the status of my sweater return. A Nice woman Iilene assisted me in a most professional manner and told me that the sweater was still moving through the return process and if I did not see the credit on my Mastercard by yesterday, Friday 7/20/18 then to call back and ask for a Supervisor and they would process the credit for me for sure.

I called on Friday as Lilene told me to do and I asked for a Supervisor to assist with my credit to My Mastercard. After being on hold for over 47 minutes this Supervisor named Shalonda comes on the line and tells me that absolutely she will not credit my Mastercard for the full amount of $42.93 that I had been promised by 2 other associates I had chatted and spoken to regarding this return. When I told her that I had been promised the entire credit to my Mastercard by 2 other people, Shalonda barked back at me with a most nasty tone and said, "Absolutely no!" I explained the situation to her and that the other 2 associates told me that a supervisor could override this for me.

Shalonda didn't want to help me but rather developed AN UNFRIENDLY ATTITUDE! She is sending me a gift card for half of the value and a credit to my Mastercard for the other half. I finally gave up talking to her because it was obvious she wasn't interested in what I was telling her. After all, I had been on hold for over 47 minutes waiting for her. Nordstrom used to have outstanding customer service but with supervisors like Shalonda Being rude and nasty to customers I think the level of customer service that Nordstrom's now gives is The Very Worst Ever!

Original review: June 27, 2018

I had just received my notes from the end of my statement, I went to check out and saw my 60 dollars in notes had automatically been added to my total. I went back to add one more item to my cart, when I returned to the cart my notes had disappeared. I called customer service, after being on the phone for 34 minutes (on hold for most of it), they did nothing to solve the problem, the girl was totally unhelpful, I will be cancelling my card with them because of this. Especially when their rewards are by no means the best around and I could be getting much better rewards from some other Credit Card company, and rewards that won't just vanish. 60= $6,000 in spending when I could be getting something more worthwhile, like airline miles, and double or triple the points for just shopping anywhere. I'll be taking my high-end business to an actual high-end company like, Neiman Marcus or Cos Bar from here on out.

Original review: June 20, 2018

As a young man, I enjoyed spoiling my wife with presents from Nordstrom’s (San Diego area). I was a new college professor and Barbara a second grade teacher, so money was important. Nordstom’s was a splurge for us, but the quality was exceptional, customer service was unmatched, and there was that wonderful grand piano. I’ve never written a negative review before and it really bothers me that I have to write it about a store I loved.

My wife ordered a pair of pants online. We rely on the Internet because we live in a rural town in Montana. The pants arrived with the security tag still attached. It was a mistake and disappointing, but easy to forgive. Barbara called customer care and was told that she would have to repurchase the pants, return the security tag pants and wait up to two weeks after the faulty pants were received to have the original purchase credited. They did promise to send the new pants express mail, although they took five days to arrive. I was livid! This should have been a simple exchange.

My wife of 45 years is a lovely, trusting woman and I have seen people try to take advantage of her over the years. I only step in when I have to. It took two more phone calls just to get Nordstrom’s Customer Care to send a prepaid mailing label. Two more emails from me resulted in a phone call to Barbara rescinding the original requirement to purchase the pants again and wait for credit on the security tag pants. I immediately drove 25 miles to town to mail back the pants. By then we had spent about an hour and a half dealing with Nordstrom’s mistake.

Here is where I got upset. I politely asked Nordstrom’s for a discount or gift card for Barbara’s trouble. My request was declined. I asked the customer care representative to connect me to her supervisor. I got another email from another representative (supervisor?) who also declined stating that it wasn’t company policy! Just a token gesture on Nordstrom’s part would have made this complaint unnecessary.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My mom and I USED to shop at Nordstrom's all the time. Recently, we returned three items with the tags on it that we never wore. We sent it to the address on their website. Two items we sent with a tracking number, one without. Nordstrom's "claimed" they NEVER received anything. We spoke to EVERYONE in Corporate for over a month, only to find ourselves speaking to the assistant of THE BIG LIAR himself, Mr. Nordstrom. His assistant told us they, Nordstrom, would not reimburse us for ANY of our lost items.

We took them to small claims court and won. They had the nerve to send this young, poor girl down to where we live to our courthouse. She was so nervous and she had no idea what she was doing. She made us sign a contract that said Nordstrom would pay US for OUR Merchandise as long as we did not go into any Nordstrom in the future. DON'T WORRY! WHO THE ** WANTS TO! YOU GREEDY **. Shop at Neiman's. They have the BEST customer service out there, and much better merchandise.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Places a order with Nordstrom/Rack online April of this year. Order was places at 9 pm on a Saturday. Decided the next day on Sunday that I really did not want the order. Called to cancel and was told by a very rude Customer Service Rep that there is a 2 hour cancellation policy and I past the time. 2 hour policy who

has that? "We do," she said. Order had not shipped yet. "You can cancel the shipment," I said. Nope 2 hour policy. And said, "Is there any else I can do for you?

Got 1/2 the order 10 days later and sent it back. Called again to check to see if missing item had shipped, because I did not want it, again I was told, "We have a 2 hour cancel policy". Item was not shipped until the middle of May. I got UPS to return it to Nordstrom/Rack on the 29 of May. It is now June. Called to see why credit was not processed and was told I needed to make sure UPS really sent it back to them. This is unbelievable . Beyond RUDE attitude that they must go to classes for because they cannot learn this on their own. Their Customer Service department has several complaints just like mine. Did not even get into the Supervisor's response to her reps.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I was shopping at the Nordstrom store which is located Natick mall today, for girl's dresses, But I had a bad experience with their customer service. I think that it has to do with because I was different from the people that they were helping and their looks. Since I was Muslim women and they may be thinking that I don't have money. Yet, they were kept following me everywhere I went to store keep assisting me or pretending they want to help me, but actually I feel uncomfortable with how they treat people like me. However, I have bought the dresses for my daughter, which was quite expensive, and paid in cash.

After that, the lady who was the customer service didn't even give me or hand me my baby dress. She has just handed the receipt and put the bag under their desk, and she just walks out. Then I called her, and I ask her where my dress is. She says, "Oh it's under the dress get over there." No respect at all, NO thank you, big discrimination, and I couldn't believe it. I have been shopping this store more than 6 yrs. But today will be my last day unless they change those people thinking they can mistreat other human beings while they have gotten paid for to do a good job for someone's else business.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Absolute horrible, misleading shipping. Free??? Ha!!! Maybe somewhere in the US but here in Canada it works out to almost 1/3 of the cost of the product... Ripoff! Then, we get the items, minus one, so I'm trying to track it and guess what? There's no way to track the item that's missing, seriously, Google "Nordstrom Tracking" and if you're lucky it'll be a tracking watch. Useless.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I shopped Nordstrom for as long as I can remember, but that day has come to an end! The store use to bright and full of energy, now they are dim and empty! I guess management is relying on new age brainless wonders to make business decisions on how to run the stores. The women shoe department is nothing compared to how it was just a few years ago. There are few styles to choose from that aren't attractive whatsoever. There is a hassle to return an item even if you have a receipt. I drove 2.5 hours to try on items at a store to be told that they didn't carry the items in the store any longer.

Wow! Just wow! How are they staying in business? I want to see and try on what I want to buy! You would think that I asked for the moon when I requested a sample from the cosmetic counter! The total Nordstrom experience is gone... run into the ground by some idiots that had a great marketing plan. You have lost me as customer and I won't be back. I closed my Nordstrom credit card as they are awful too. I look forward to shopping at Neiman Marcus!

Original review: June 2, 2018

It is a great place to shop at but their prices are a little too high. And sometimes they don't have shoes in stock. You have to wait a very long time for them to restock. And when they have it in stock they don't have your size.

Original review: June 1, 2018

When buying a pair of boots I asked the saleswomen where I might find a raincoat in the store, "Oh," she said, "Those are upstairs. When we are finished here I'LL take you up there, and show you where they are". Exceptional service!

Original review: May 6, 2018

I thought I would share with everyone my last (and I do mean last) visit to Nordstrom Rack. Throughout my whole career in Customer Service, it seemed like in every training class, Nordstrom's was always mentioned. Their Customer Service was like no other retailer, it was top of the line, and every retailer (or any company providing Customer Service) would strive for being half as good as Nordstrom's was. I've heard story after unbelievable story of what this store would do to provide an excellent Customer Service experience. Well today I found out that Nordstrom Rack, does not mirror the same service that their regular stores provide. I wanted to exchange a pair of pants, never worn still had tags on, with a receipt and in the same bag that it was purchased in. Mind you I asked for an exchange not credit or refund. They denied the exchange because it was over 90 days! What?

They said they don't have the same policies as the Nordstrom store because they are an outlet store. They went on to say that my pants were purchased at a discounted price ~ are you kidding me? I paid the full price that was on the tag! I was thoroughly disgusted! Everything I had known all my life about this Nordstrom company had disintegrated to nothing! Let me tell you that TJ Maxx will take any exchange, without a receipt or tags and purchased over a year or more ago! They have all the selections that Nordstrom Rack has and at a better discount! The fact that the pants they wouldn't exchange for me were still selling on the floor was even more infuriating! Don't shop at Nordstrom Rack ~ go to TJ Maxx (or any other store) that values their customers and wants to retain them! I am through with Nordstrom Rack, their Customer Service and exchange policy is worse than any other retailer.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I find better prices, variety without the hassle of going to the stores. I also enjoy free shipping at Nordstrom. Also Target and Walmart have a minimum purchase for free ship. Macy's only when they have free shipping/additional percentage.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I returned 2 out of 3 on-line items I purchased (I am going to take back the 3rd on principle)- They had computer issues so I waited 20 minutes and was told items would come off my bill as I left them there and received a written note stating they were returned and would be credited to my account TODAY. I get home to get email STATING my refund would be credited once I mail back already taken back shoes that the store has! And they charged me a return fee (5.95 I would have had to pay if I had not driven up there and returned to store-STILL CHARGED THIS) as well! Out $131.63! I called the store- this happened last month as well! Spoke to Christina at the Indianapolis Rack store and she said she would call me back.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I received an email from Nordstrom Rack saying they were shutting down my account because of the "high volume" of returns I have from online purchases which is strange, because I keep a good amount of my orders. Hello, you are an ONLINE RETAILER! Shouldn't you know how the business works? People order multiple colors and sizes because...surprise, you can't try them on first! If they don't fit, which is a high possibility (because...reminder: you can't try the items on first), then you return the item. I have never had this type of experience with an online shopping company which I think says something hugely negative about how NR treats their customers. I've advised my friends and family to not shop at NR either in-store or online unless they want to have something ridiculous like this happen to them as well.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I shopped often at Nordstromrack.com. I kept many items but also returned many back to the store near my home. Because of the nature of buying clothing/shoes online, the rate of returning the items is high. I could not believe that Nordstrom Rack just closed my online account without discussing with me. I kept the payment on time and the items returned back to the store were kept in the original bags with the tags. I don't see myself of abusing their system. The way being treated like this shocked me. I just never shop there again. Just to share this story with you. Be careful with this store.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I went to the Oxnard, CA Nordstrom Rack store to exchange an item. Since I did not have the receipt I figure that is fair. So, when I went to customer service and told the girl what I wanted to do, she immediately told me to stand there, and do not go into the store. She had to get approval from the manager to exchange the item. After a few minutes, I asked where the manager was and she, "Oh I have to call her." A woman comes out, really rude and said, "I am only going to do this one time?" I asked her what we only wanted to exchange the item, we did not want any money. I then told her she was being rude, she, "I am not being rude but I am only going to do this one time", I asked for the manager and she said she was the manager.

We knew we were not going to resolve anything. So, we asked for the region manager number, of course, they gave us the wrong number. I call the store back again. Asked to speak to the manager, the same lady then tells me that the store manager was not there and refused to give me her name. The point that was upsetting was, that we were told to stand in the front of the store like we had stolen the item, which we clearly did not, we walked directly in the store and went to customer service. I usually shop there all the time and never had an issue with returning items. I called the corporate office and they did not return my call. And I am a real customer.

Nordstrom expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Nordstrom, Inc. started as a small shoe store in Seattle in 1901. The company now has brick-and-mortar stores throughout the United States and Canada.

• Selection: Consumers can find a wide variety of brands, styles and size options on the Nordstrom website. The website lists women’s sizes 4.5 to 13 and has a “4 and smaller” category as well as a “14 and above” category.

• Individualized returns: Nordstrom does not have an official return policy. Instead, the company works with individual customers to make sure they are satisfied.

• Videos: The Nordstrom website includes informative videos to help customers make a selection or care for their shoe purchases. They have videos for fitting shoes and boots and for cleaning suede and leather shoes.

• POP-IN: Each month, the Nordstrom site features a POP-IN shop with clothes, accessories and shoes from a special designer. Customers looking for unique pieces can watch for these special events.

• Best for: The Nordstrom website carries shoes for adults and children and is best for bust adults, professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs