1.16/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

315 Nordstrom Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I ordered leather jacket during the Thanksgiving period in '18 that supposed to entitle a $50 gift card in January for that purchased item over $250. However, I never received that gift card email. Sent them an email in January and never received a response. Even worse, I called in February to hear that the promotion had expired. The reward people including the supervisor John checked and found out that they made mistake not including me on the recipient list for gift cards but they can't do anything about it. Then John commented that it is interesting if I write a review with unsatisfactory experience. This large corporate seems to have a long way to improve their customer services unfortunately.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I was searching for an item that wasn't available at that store, the sales associate as per my request, this associate obtained the item from another store and it sent to my local store me so I could pick up for my local store.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

After years of shopping at Nordstrom, my dismay in discovering the department formally known as "Petite" no longer exists was disappointing at best. I am sincerely outraged and insulted as a 5'2" woman that I am no longer welcome to shop in your stores and regulated to online only. Is Nordstrom's only catering to a certain height/shape and age woman? Half the female population is under 5'4" and I counted on finding non cookie cutter fashion in your petite department. Further insult seems to be the trend was started with consultation from the Kardashians. Seriously! That is so offensive! Bring back your petite department, otherwise I have little or no motivation to shop at your store.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I made a purchase this morning from Nordstrom.com. I used my Nordstrom Credit Card. Instead - my personal bank account was deducted for this amount. I do not have any credit cards saved on the website. I tried calling several times to their customer service and got nowhere. I refunded what I bought and the cash did not instantly come back to my bank card. I'm frustrated that I don't have access to my cash that they took from a different card than the one I used. NEVER ordering again online!! And on top of that they accessed my Facebook page without asking and sending me receipts to my message folder. I don't want receipts sent to my Facebook page. I only want ONE receipt sent to my email that I provided. That receipt service they are involved with is called HADLEY.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I bought enough merchandise to receive a $50 gift card for the Cyber Monday promotion. The gift card never arrived. After visiting the retail store asking about its arrival, the employees just kept stating it will arrive soon. When I checked on the website customer service chat system they told me it was expired even though I never even received it. They will not honor it. Nordstrom has the worst service! I feel like it was a fraudulent promotion. Be aware!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I received a pair of Frye boots for Christmas ($400+) from my father and they were a little too small. I sent them back to Nordstom with the return slip filled out inside asking to be sent a gift card for the amount the boots cost. Instead, they refunded my father for the boots he had bought me. After I called SEVERAL times I finally got ahold of someone in customer care. They said if my father returned their email and gave them permission they would take the funds back out of his account and send me the gift card. Well, come to find out they weren't able to do so and suggested I ask my father to buy a $417 gift card for me. HOW AWKWARD! I now have no boots, no gift card, and no Christmas present. Never shopping here AGAIN!!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I work directly across the street from Nordstrom Rack in White Plains. I have been TRYING to shop there since the day it opened year ago. The cashiers seem so lazy and disgruntled. They will do anything than take another customer. They seemed annoyed to do their job. Time and time again I get fooled. I get online with a few people in front of me and three persons at manning the cashiers. And then when I look up from my phone 15 minutes later I see the cashiers have disappeared or are slowing folding the returns are placing tickets on the items.

Ninety-five percent of the time I complain and then give up leaving my items at the register. I did this today and three people walked out with me. With retail store closing by the second how can Norstrom Rack continually employ lazy and apathetic people or maybe they need to give them some sort of incentive to move the line quicker. Over the years I could have spent thousands in that store having a family of 4 and working across the street. But I rather get my shopping done at the malls located five blocks in either direction.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I have read the Nordstrom Rack return/exchange policy and understand it. I bought a pair of shoes and selected my actual size. I received the shoes and they are too big. It is baffling to me that a company of this size DOES NOT do exchanges. On top of that, they charge me a shipping fee to return the shoes on an online order. This is some 1990 BS. ANY online retailer takes returns or exchanges, especially when making a purchase that has sizing issues. Very disappointing, and I will not purchase from them again.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Last year they approved me for a Norstrom rack store card. I only used $700 of the $15,000 I was approved for and one day I tried to buy something online and it wouldn’t let me!!! So I called them and they tell me I need to send them my social security number my ID and a utility bill in my name. Ok so I fax them the info. Months later they still put a hold on my card. One day I get a letter in the mail from them saying they closed my account and I can’t use my card anymore!!!

They also dinged my credit because they made an inquiry to my credit report!!! Why?? When they already had approved me the year before!!! I have never paid my bills late!!! I gave them my business by shopping there often!!! I will never shop there again!!! They are not to be trusted and they don’t care about their customers!!! That is how they treat a loyal customer??? So the day that I got that letter telling me they canceled my store card I went there immediately and paid them their $700 back!!! And I will tell everyone not to do business with them because they are deceptive!!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Don't waste your time looking on the Nordstrom online site. You check the specifics size, color... and every item that you click on, Nordstrom response is "out of stock". This is 2019 not 2000. I am never wasting my time on this website again.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I have been a regular customer at Nordstrom for YEARS. This past year has been a complete nightmare. Their online/mail returns department is an absolute joke. I have had SEVERAL orders go "missing" when I returned them using prepaid labels or they have updated the WRONG items - they mark an item which I did not return as returned as opposed to the actual item, or I have returned a couple of items in the same package but they claim only one of those items are in the box.

The last time I notified the returns department that they refunded me for the WRONG item (AGAIN) they claimed that based on their research this is an on-going issue and they are not going to refund me for the other item. Yeah, it's an on-going issue because their lazy returns department doesn't bother to open the box, scan the items in the box, and refund the correct items - but they are pointing the finger at me and claiming that I am lying about which items I have actually returned. I don't believe for a second that the research department staff does anything more than just sit and replies to emails and not physically verify any packages. This is a joke. I am out hundreds of dollars because of their incompetence. This is the only retailer where I have had this issue, time and time again. I filed a complaint with the BBB because I am not about to lose my money for brand new items I sent back and they failed to update properly.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I have made several purchases from Nordstrom rack. Three of my orders over the last few years have arrived and they have either been a) Not the color I ordered or b) The wrong size. This has been annoying because rather than just returning the item, I have to phone to make sure they refund me for the shipping too since it hasn’t been my fault. It’s very disappointing waiting for a package and not knowing if you’ll actually get the item you ordered. Third time is a charm: I’m not shopping here anymore.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Ordered overnight shipping on boots. They cancelled my order. Called me three days later to resubmit my order, and still hadn't refund my money on to my account! Then I go ahead and resubmit my order. They take my money from a different car and they now have down a car seat for my order instead of my fiance's boots! Are you kidding me???? Now they cancel my order again after I call then they want me to pay again because they canceled another transaction!! Then they get it right but now Next Day Air isn't available! Worst ever. I will never give Nordstrom a dime! They shaved years off my life with this! I wish I could give zero stars!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

WORST EMPLOYEES EVER!!! LAZY!!! I ordered the wrong pair of shoes with a gift card by mistake. I called right away to cancel the order. The customer service rep I spoke to DID NOTHING! The worst part is she made me believe she took care of everything. She told me she had to call the fulfillment center to cancel the order and I would get an email the next day and my gift card would have the money back. The supervisor said everything she told me was a lie. They can't call their fulfillment centers to cancel orders and I would have to be sent a new gift card. Get it together Nordstrom! You sell high end clothes like Gucci but your customer service is the worst in the industry! Walmart customer service is far superior.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I have shopped at Nordstrom for many, many years. I currently have 97 pairs of shoes I purchased from them in my closet, not counting ones I have worn out or given away. I also buy six or seven dresses a year. A month ago I got a letter from them saying that although they tried to be really nice to their customers, they were canceling my account due to "excessive returns", that I was taking advantage of their kindness and good nature, and that I could not purchase anything from Nordstrom online ever again, no one in my family was eligible to purchase anything from Nordstrom, no one in my household was eligible to purchase anything from Nordstrom, and I was not even allowed to purchase anything from any Nordstrom store ever again. I had never received any previous communication regarding this issue and the letter sounded as though it were written by a spoiled eight year old.

Since they make quite a big deal offering shipping-free returns, I could find no limit mentioned anywhere, this is obviously a highly successful marketing strategy, not some wonderful generosity on their part - and my rate of returns hasn't changed in 20 years - I called to ask why. Also to ask, realistically, how they thought they would stop me from shopping there if I were determined?! I got no response after several phone calls and messages. I finally called the fraud number on my credit card, since I had a $379 CREDIT balance and I at least wanted my money refunded. They told me that they would have eventually done that. I asked them to go ahead and send me a check now. They did - but they shorted me $20! I still have no idea what their issue was but fortunately with online shopping there are far better websites with interesting clothing and shoes and rational customer service.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

This site is complete waste of time, 24 hours after placing your order you will receive this email: "Thanks for understanding. Hi there, we want to say that we're sorry. Unfortunately, we will not be able to fulfill your recent order." This happened 3 times in less than a month!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I ordered an item a couple weeks before Christmas. Nordstrom guaranteed (in bright red font) that my items would arrive before Christmas. I received a confirmation email immediately after the order was placed. I waited a week for a tracking number before calling for the order status. The CSR informed me that my order will be arriving after Christmas, but no later than the 28th. This is obviously very upsetting news. Then one day before the new expected delivery date, I get a refund for the order because it has been cancelled.

I check to see if the item is out of stock or something, however, that was not the issue. I called CSR again and she initially said the item was not in stock, but I told her it is available for order on the website. She confirms that it is in stock. When trying to re-order, the CSR asked me to pay for the full price of the item, when I had originally purchased at 30% off. All of this is way too much trouble for a simple order! All of my other online orders were delivered before Christmas -- as promised. I am a very unhappy Nordstrom customer.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Ordered 2 pair sunglasses for each of my daughters, one of who is in the military and visiting home for one week. I ordered 12/21, was told delivery would be 12/28, so I decided I would still order them. THEN got an ETA of 1/3... uh... THEN got an ETA of 1/8!! My daughter will have to be back to her base by then, so not only is my gift VERY late, I HAVE TO PAY TO forward them to her. No merchandise credit, no refund. They DID offer to let me return for free. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? I was a CS supervisor for years, I know it would not have cost them much to save me. But they completely blew it.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I purchased a pair of rain boots at their store in Skyview mall only to find out they were defective when I wore them for the first time in the rain. Took the boots back to the store only to be told by the manager Elaine that it wasn’t her fault I chose those boots and that her store wouldn’t take the lost, what a rude unprofessional person! Stay away from them!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Be aware of false and misleading shipping dates. Ordered an item that stated I would receive item before Christmas. (I ordered item on 12/19/18.) Checked on order today 12/20 and said I would not receive item until 1/2/2019. I immediately contacted customer service and was unsuccessful. Looking at the website and it is advertising "will arrive Christmas Eve." So disappointed. Just want to warn other customers out there to be careful what Nordstrom advertise. I feel almost duped into buying my item because I truly believed I would receive my item before Christmas. They are supposed to have stellar customer service. Boy was I wrong. I will be more careful who and where I spend my money on. Happy holidays everyone and have a safe New Year.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Be aware if you return process in Nordstrom rack takes much longer than should, I tracked my return and it was delivered back to Nordstrom rack warehouse, so I called them and they simply lied stating they don/t have package back yet. Not only they lie they also rude about it. It take a month or more to get your refund, unacceptable.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I had wanted to buy a pair of FLY London boots for some time. These are good quality shoes that are supposed to be made in Portugal. Nordstrom's website stated that ALL of the brand's models were made in Portugal. I drove over an hour to the store to pick them up. Got home and saw the boots I received were made in China. When I emailed customer service to let them know they have inaccurate information on their site, and that I never would have spent $270 on shoes made in China, they apologized and sent me a link to print a return label so I did not have the "inconvenience of driving back to the store." I sent the boots back, tracking showed they were received but 5 days later I still hadn't been refunded. Emailed customer service who said "we did receive the return sent Dec 7th. It was received Dec 11th. We are still within our 10-14 days to process. Then it will be 3-5 days to receive your refund."

WHAT THE HECK??!! NEVER did customer service say it would be 2-3 WEEKS before I was refunded! Nowhere on the link with the shipping label did it say that either! I would have driven an hour to the store! When I email them or chat, they just keep stating the 10-14 days. One flippant rep sent me a link that stated the return time. However, she did not wish to acknowledge that I never would have seen that because I did not buy them online. I bought them IN the store and they emailed me offering to allow me to ship them back. The email and the link I was sent said nothing about their archaic 1980's return time frame. Horrible customer service. It is the week before Christmas and I am still waiting to be refunded for a return sent out 2 weeks ago. Nordstrom has great customer service IN the store. Do NOT ever buy anything online or return via mail. The service stinks and is insanely slow.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I ordered a pair of sandals in November as Nordstrom was the only place in North America that I could find these shoes in my size. I was very excited. They were first sent out and the wrong address (it should have been Champlain New York) was on it from the women who took my order over the phone from Nordstrom. So From there they got sent to a post office in Massachusetts. I was told once they got returned to the Nordstrom warehouse, they’d be sent out. Instead It got sent out to someplace in Elizabethtown Pennsylvania??!! Where I was told a week ago that they would then be sent to me.

Today, a month later, I was told that they are the “fulfillment“ Center but they can’t find them so I can have a refund or the shoes in black! I have the shoes in black that is why I tried to order another pair because the shoes are fantastic (Pas De Rouge)... What a waste of time! Never again! I hope they are better at least with the refund. Surprising for a store that has good customer service at the stores. It’s like night and day! This has soured my feelings about Nordstrom.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I ordered 3 pairs of women's booties on Oct. 28, 2018. Received one pair within a couple days. Unfortunately they didn't fit so I returned them the same day I received them. As of today Dec.06 I have not received a refund. The other 2 booties I have not received nor has there been any communication. When I called customer service to cancel the order they were so confused and did tell me they would cancel (about 10 days ago), still no word from them.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I purchase two pairs of Uggs boots on Cyber Monday and according to when I paid those boots I was supposed to get them December 5 that’s why I got them. I checked the website to see when my boots were arriving and it still said that the boots were getting ready or preparing something like that. Then today in the morning I get an email saying that they canceled my two orders. Why did they wait last minute I could of bought them somewhere else. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. It was my first time ordering at Nordstrom. Never ordering again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I placed an order with Nordstrom. I was charged over $332 but got an immediate email that they had to cancel "part" because they were out of stock. OK no problem. I would find it elsewhere. Oh No Nordstrom cancelled the order but did not give a refund. They charged $332 and then another $84 for the Part they didn't cancel but I already paid for. I am charged over $400 and have not received items or refund. Any reputable seller give you a refund or better yet not charge for an item they do not have. Their phone and chat answers vary from, "You were not charged" (my bank thought I was) or "12-24 hours just to take authorization off" or "3-5 days it "should be off"". Several days and still no money back. This is fraud taking money for no service or product. Avoid Nordstrom. They are not honest. Too many good sellers to waste your money with Nordstrom.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I am HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED, my first time ordering from Nordstrom Rack and this is definitely not a good way to start business with a customer. I placed my order on Cyber Friday November 23, 2018, Order # ** and system shows to be shipped within 1-3 days (which it still shows to date). I called 3 times and was told by each rep that items would ship by Monday, November 26, 2018 which is the 3rd day. The boots still have not shipped. I ordered the item because they were needed for an event and they were not received in time, due to the incorrect information given by the 3 Nordstrom Rack Customer Service Representatives that I spoke with on the phone.

On November 26th, I did online chat & per Tanique ** "The package is scheduled to ship tomorrow, also advised our expedited shipping option is currently down due to some internal issue." I requested a manager & Tanique referred me to Customer Care: 1-888-966-6283. I called & spoke with Judy who advised that items were being shipped out TODAY. During this conversation, I was skeptical because I'm getting conflicting information.

I requested a supervisor and was transferred to Sharon who advised that items will not ship until tomorrow, BUT that Nordstrom was in compliance with the 1-3 shipping timeframe and that there had been no delay while on the phone with Sharon, I received an email apologizing that my items had not been shipped and that there had been a delay. I asked Sharon, so why is Nordstrom sending me an email apologizing for a delayed shipment? I requested a supervisor and was transferred to Kim **. Per Kim, the 3rd day is not until TOMORROW.

At this point I am beyond upset due to all reps are giving different dates as related to the 3rd day of shipping. Bottom line - I need my items for an event on Friday and had I known it would be beyond this time, I could have ordered from another store or went into a store to make a purchase. Kim advised she would check with the San Bernardino Fulfillment Center (SBFC) to see if the 1 item coming from there can be shipped earlier. However per Kim, she cannot reach out to the East Coast site because they are a fairly new site and she does not have the ability to reach out to them.

Kim advised she could do a refund and I could shop in the store, had I known this on Monday, I could have possibly done so but the reps were assuring me my order was being sent out Monday. Unfortunately, going out to shop at such a late date did not fit into my schedule. I am A VERY VERY VERY UPSET CUSTOMER at this point and will definitely share my concerns as I deem necessary. On Friday, November 30, I emailed Kim ** and Daniel **, as Kim was scheduled off Friday and Saturday.

Kim was nice enough to respond to my email on her off day only to advise via e-mail that: "unfortunately we did not have enough stock of this particular item to fulfill your order. In speaking with you the other day, I certainly understand why you are disappointed in us and I truly apologize for the inconvenience this has caused but we will not be able to fulfill this specific item. This is a rarity when it occurs but from time to time an item may be unavailable due to a discrepancy in our inventory, where we are unable to ship out the item. On behalf of Nordstromrack.com, I truly apologize that we have failed you with regards to this order and I want to make sure you get the refund that you are owed since you will not be receiving the boot in question. I have reached out to our gift card team with my request to have your refund placed on an electronic gift card and sent to you via email."

My response: "Please keep in mind that the day that I ordered the boots, they were marked down considerably for the sale that was taking place on that date. While looking at other boots on the Nordstrom’s Rack website I have not been able to find similar boots that are within that same sales price range that I was able to get the day that I made my initial online purchase.

Under the circumstances, not only do I expect a full refund for what I paid for and what was NOT AVAILABLE; but after waiting one week to hear that what I ordered was not even in stock - I expect ADDITIONAL FUNDING on the gift card for the inconveniences, for the horrible experience that I have went through with your staff giving the wrong information and for the time that it has taken me to find out that my item was never available. The original price of the boots were over $400 and the sale price was $139.97 and now I am unable to find anything comparable to the Cyber sale. Nordstrom's is unable to provide the boots I ordered nor willing to make this a comparable boot or price point. This has been such a disappointing and horrible experience."

On Sunday, December 2, 2018 I called Kim 3 times on her direct number and unfortunately her number did not have an option to leave a message. Kim called back and explained that she comes into work late on Sundays. Kim advised that Nordstrom Rack could/would only refund me what I paid for the boot (that I never received) and that it is not the company’s policy to compensate for erroneous information given to the customer, for items not being in stock, for any inconveniences.

I requested that Kim, on behalf of Nordstrom Rack send me a coupon for 75% since this was the coupon (discount/sale) that I used on the day of my initial order and that due to the 75% off coupon, I was able to “purchase” a higher priced boot for a lower price. Kim advised that Nordstrom would not send a coupon and basically said that I used my gift card on a day that offered a 75% discount, my ORDER WENT THROUGH ONLINE and never stated that the item was out of stock, my gift card was deducted the amount for the boot – however; since Nordstrom Rack had an inventory issue, I would not be compensated, nor given a discount coupon to order another pair of boots with a discount. Basically she said that they messed up and I have not “missed out” on my discount due to the store's error/mistake.

Please also keep in mind that the day that I ordered the boots, they were marked down considerably for the sale that was taking place on that date. While looking at other boots on the Nordstrom Rack website I have not been able to find similar boots that are within that same sales price range that I was able to get the day that I made my initial online purchase. Due to the reasons I stated above, as well as in my below email the amount put back on the card should have been increased or I should have been sent a 75% coupon/discount to use for another purchase.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Order some sunglasses and seems my order was duplicated. When I called I was told I had 2 hours to cancel the order? Now they say just wait 10 days for them to be delivered from 6 hours away and then take them to the store and return them? This wasn't my fault and they o lu offered an apology. Secondly order 3 items for my wife was charged for them and with the shipping policy of 1-3 days. They still haven't shipped and it's day 6. Customer service only offered a simple apology for the delay and no timetable for when I will get my items.

Everyone should go thru your own bank to stop any false or delayed charges on these items. Maybe the rack stands for a step down in customer service from the Nordstrom brand!!! Seems the lack of customer service they use to be known for has finally VANISHED!!! I will be canceling my rewards card and going to Neiman's or even Macy's. I like the easy shopping at Nordstrom but customer service is a deal breaker 4 me.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Hunter boots were advertised as available and almost a week later have not shipped. Worse they sent me a receipt dated a day in advance. I ordered on a Monday and they dated it for Tuesday. I'm cancelling my order.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I am completely dissatisfied with my recent experience ordering online from Nordstrom. I ordered a wallet and Nordstrom immediately charged my card $300. Immediately after, I received an email from them saying that my order was canceled and to contact customer service. When I did that, CS advised me that their financial department canceled it, but couldn’t provide any additional information. They also couldn’t give me a phone number for that department and said that I had to wait to be contacted by them by email. They emailed me the next day saying everything is now good on their end, but I need to replace the order. This means that they would charge my card an additional $300 and I have to wait 3-5 business days for my bank to put the first transaction back on my card. So they put a hold on my card for $300 then cancel my order for no apparent reason and say I have to reorder! How inconvenient! Horrible.

Nordstrom expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Nordstrom, Inc. started as a small shoe store in Seattle in 1901. The company now has brick-and-mortar stores throughout the United States and Canada.

• Selection: Consumers can find a wide variety of brands, styles and size options on the Nordstrom website. The website lists women’s sizes 4.5 to 13 and has a “4 and smaller” category as well as a “14 and above” category.

• Individualized returns: Nordstrom does not have an official return policy. Instead, the company works with individual customers to make sure they are satisfied.

• Videos: The Nordstrom website includes informative videos to help customers make a selection or care for their shoe purchases. They have videos for fitting shoes and boots and for cleaning suede and leather shoes.

• POP-IN: Each month, the Nordstrom site features a POP-IN shop with clothes, accessories and shoes from a special designer. Customers looking for unique pieces can watch for these special events.

• Best for: The Nordstrom website carries shoes for adults and children and is best for bust adults, professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs