3.9/5 (844 ratings)

About Nordstrom

Nordstrom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nordstrom?

Original review: April 13, 2022

We were long time Scottsdale Nordstrom customers over the years. For my wife's birthday, she picked the new CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN Cabata East-West Leather Tote Bag and ordered it online to be delivered to our house. A couple days later she gets notified it was delivered; she gets home and there is no box and no purse. Our Ring camera has no history of any delivery being made to our house. We call Nordstrom who does research with their HORRIFIC shipper OnTrac who tells them the package was delivered to our house but won't give us the coordinates. We checked our neighbors to make sure it didnt go elsewhere. Unless the delivery person and box are invisible, it never made it to our home.

Nordstrom is refusing to replace the purse and we would be stuck for paying $1400 for the purse we didn't get. Is Nordstrom ignorant to the fact OnTrac is ripping them off; the reviews of OnTrac confirm theft is rampant and they are a poorly run organization. We will never shop at Nordstrom again after being customers who have spent 10's of thousands of dollars over the years. We will fight paying for a purse we never received. Shame on you Nordstrom.

Original review: March 17, 2022

I placed an order (353676829) on 3/11/22 that has become the order from. Nordstrom's Seattle customer service supervisor was very short and borderline rude. Entire order was to be shipped on an expedited basis. After placing the order and paying for an expedited shipment, I was later notified that "some of your items will move via 'standard shipping.'" Nordstrom's Customer Service supervisor (William in Seattle), informed me that "I should have noticed that all the garments would not be expedited." After your order is completed online, you'll receive a confirmation notice. I briefly looked at it and it seemed accurate.

Only later, after William informed me that "I should have taken notice," did I realize that you must review every single item to see if it will be expedited. Why? I do not know, because they then told me, "If it doesn't show as shipping via expedited delivery, we can't change that." To confound issues even more, they told me that the items "would be shipped from the vendor," which is incorrect. Will probably return entire order!

Original review: March 6, 2022

Worst CS I have ever communicated. I have ordered Nike Yoga Pants and received Nike running shorts which costs cheaper than my ordered pants, I have explained that my address was a freight forwarder address and I am in a different Country from where shipping back to US costs a lot of money and they regret to pay the shipping fee or send exactly what I have ordered without return! WORST COMPANY, WORST CS! Not recommended!

Original review: March 3, 2022

On or about January 4, 2022, my friend sent me a gift from Nordstrom that was damaged. I contacted Nordstrom directly and they said to ship it back to them for an exchange of the same item. I promptly returned the item and never received the exchange. After 4 weeks, I again contacted Nordstrom. They told me to wait until February 25, 2022, at which point they said their store policy required them to provide a refund, replacement or gift card without further wait. I received nothing and contacted Nordstrom a 3rd time on February 25, 2022, at which time a customer service representative identifying herself as a "manager" named "SYAN" told me that Nordstrom would not honor the exchange but would send a gift card and it would take 5 days, even though the gift card is sent via email.

When I received nothing again, I contacted Nordstrom on March 4, 2022, and spoke to a customer service representative identifying herself as a "manager" named "TATIANA". Tatiana said Nordstrom never processed the requests for a gift card, although she confirmed receipt of the returned item weeks ago. This is appalling customer service.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

I know how this works. I'll write a review regarding my experience, and then I will get a gratuitous form email from the company saying that they are "genuinely" sorry and that they are dedicated to quality customer satisfaction. But are they really? Either way, I think it's important enough for me to take the time to write a review.

I purchased a popular pair of shoes through the Nordstrom website. They cost more than $1,200 including tax. When the package arrived at my house, I was excited to open the box. My excitement went downhill from there. The first thing that I noticed after I opened the outer package was the faded shoe box that had been taped and re-taped. There was even a hole on the bottom of the box. Not a big deal, but disappointing nonetheless since I planned to store the shoes in the box.

When I opened the shoe box, I first noticed the very wrinkled, torn, and somewhat dirty tissue paper. At this point, I was almost afraid to look at the shoes. The next thing I looked for were the beautiful red cloth dust bags that come with this brand of shoe. The brand's website even says, if the dust cloths are not included, they could be counterfeit. To my further dismay, the cloth dust bags were missing. I tried to justify my disappointment. After all, I was purchasing shoes and not the packaging right?

I took out the shoes. At first glance, they were gorgeous. They were just what I was looking for. But at closer examination, it looked like the red soles were dirty. They were not worn down, but they obviously had been worn. On the inside of one shoe was a rectangular gummy mark. It felt almost like there had been a sticker that had been peeled off inside the shoe.

After one attempt to question the delivery of such poor quality with Nordstrom customer service online, I decided to go to a store. There, I got a lot of lip service, but not a lot of solution. I saw the look on the manager's face when he opened the box and saw what $1,200 buys you at Nordstrom online. He did a good job. He stayed faithful to the company explaining that this happens sometimes and saying a lot of the same things we've come to expect from organizations who care less about customer satisfaction and more about bottom line.

So Nordstrom's remedy was simple. They'll return the money to my account with a few clicks, and then send a form apology letter with a few more clicks after reading a few negative reviews. I'm less faithful than the manager. I will no longer shop at Nordstrom or affiliated stores. I also wonder what the shoe company who uses Nordstrom to represent their product will think?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

A Dec. 2021 holiday promotion offered a $50 time-limited promotional e-gift card if you purchased a $300 e-gift card for someone. I have participated in this promotion in past years with no problem. The recipient received her $300 gift card by email, no problem. The promotional e-gift card did not arrive in my email on Jan 1 as promised, and it expires at the end of January. Mid January, I followed up and asked if it could be re-sent. Customer service agents of various ability attempted to solve my problem, but failed, even when we double checked the email address, and I triple checked my SPAM folder. Finally asked for a supervisor to try: no luck. So the supervisor then sent it to another email address (work), and that succeeded. Took 5 calls, 4 agents, 1 supervisor, and 5 days to get my card 5 days before it expired. Not sure what the problem was. Next year's gift cards will not be from Nordstrom.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Just an FYI, I bought a $300.00 jacket from Nordstrom for my daughter’s Christmas present. I bought the wrong size. Called customer service to do an exchange but they didn’t have the right color. So I did a return as disgust with customer service. 3 months later I still have not received a refund. Per USPS it was delivered and they even confirmed it was delivered. I have talked to several people at customer service and I finally was told that they can’t verify what I returned. So I guess they didn’t receive it correctly and lost track of it in they building. So have to pay for their issues. This could happen to you too. Don’t chance it!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

In January 2022 I noticed that Nordstrom Rack retracted a refund issued to me because CDL lost my package on 9.24. On 10.08 CDL marked the package “Delivered lost”. Not sure what that means but I have an email from CDL confirming that they lost it. I noticed a pending charge of 68$ on my account and I called and they refunded it again in January 2022 but seriously? I should pay for an item lost by a shipping company? And I was not even asked.

Right now I have another Order from 12.9.2021. 2 items say label created, tracking will be available when Lasership receives the package. Why is it marked delivered on NR website when it never started tracking? I called a few days ago. And these are things that I noticed. In general I do not even understand my credit card statement because of authorizations and then individual charges superimposed on authorizations. This is a rant basically because they should maybe check the tracking and what it really says.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

Nordstrom refuses to honor price adjustments to other department stores in what can only be seen as stealing from its own customers. Its online support is sub-par and Nordstrom should be ashamed of themselves.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

Purchase a air of boots on 11/2 from nordstromrack.com and 2 weeks later the site stated preparing order. Called several time and was finally told the order was lost at the warehouse. Associate reordered item on 12/2 and I received an email stating it was shipped on 12/3 via Laser ship. The tracking number was supplied but laser ship website states it is still awaiting package. Called Nordstrom rack customer service and am being told it was shipped. It shouldn't take 5 days for the shipper to receive a package. There is nowhere on nordstrom rack site to file a complaint and it appears no one can look further into this. I'm being told to wait until the delivery promise date. I have already been charged for the item. This is the worse shipping I have ever encountered.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

I have returned five pairs of shoes in the same box in their original packaging. Three pairs were returned. Two pairs were not returned - and I was charged for them! The unreturned pairs could not be lost in the mail - they did receive entire box, since other pairs were processed as returned. I am devastated and so upset. I don't want to pay for something that I do not have - I have sent it back! I don't know what to do and how to convince Nordstrom that I have returned everything!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

What has happened is that Nordstrom has lost its class. It was always a classy store where you would go for high end designer garments. It is trying to attract hipsters who do not dress with class. What a shame we have lost Nordstrom. Very limited selection of men's formal and semi formal clothing.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

This was my first and last time ordering from Nordstrom online. I ordered 3 items on November that were sent in 2 shipments. The first shipment was through Ontrac and that only updated when a label was created. The second shipment was sent through USPS and I received that 3 days later. To this day, ontrac claims to never have received my order. I called Nordstrom at least 6 times and each time their story changed on when I would get a refund and when I would get my package. They have very misleading and unethical practices and I'm blown away by how incompetent they are. I should have known they were going under because that makes people do very shady things to keep them from refunding customers. I will post this on every review site online. Stay away from this business!!! Amazon and Macy's are more reliable.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I've shopped at Nordstrom for probably 30 years now (I'm in my 50's), and I've seen an ENORMOUS change in the prior level of competency, excellence, and customer service at Nordstrom. There have been a number of blips over the past 2 years, but here is the worst. I return an item curbside to a store accompanied by my full receipt, which includes ALL of my contact information.

The store didn't bother to use ANY of that contact information that was readily available to them to email me a receipt for this return. Instead, they just emailed someone with the SAME LAST NAME my purchase and refund information, AND the last 4 digits of my CREDIT CARD. If that's not a huge information breach, I don't know what is. I'm not sure if it is a lazy or careless employee involved, but I'm done. It's not the Nordstrom it used to be, and I'm tired of it. Nordstrom is going downhill fast. I'm going to stop this ride and get off before it takes me down with it.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I have been shopping Nordstrom for years but will not anymore. First off, many employees working there act like they are too good to work there and that they are high-end designers who can’t be bothered with the actual people who can afford to shop there. Second, don’t even bother with online purchases and returns. Nordstrom is horrible with this. They do not have an A-Z policy like Amazon.

It’s the year 2021 and Nordstrom still operates like we have to wait on the Pony Express. Be efficient Nordstrom. Ok, let me add that their most incompetent people are answering the customer services calls and online chats. If you don’t receive your items like I didn’t this week, they will just turn you over to their “delivery research department.” Now this department is the biggest joke of all. They basically send you an email that says “your return cannot be processed.” You’ll end up filing a claim with UPS and contacting your credit card. Wish me luck on getting my refund of almost $400 for the items I never received in the box.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I was outraged when I received a letter yesterday (one of my friends did too) that Nordstrom is upping its interest rates to 25.90. So this is what you get as a customer. Some reward. I will be destroying my card and not shopping on their site any longer. Rotten thing to do to loyal customers!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I was given a $100 Nordstrom gift card for my birthday. I have tried 3 times to place an order online and once by calling customer service. I've sent at least 10 or more emails try to find out why, every time I place an order it accepts the order and then 10 mins. later I get an email saying the order was cancelled as there was a problem with the gift card. I sent emails and was told to call, I did and again the same actions/response. The gift card shows on the Nordstrom site as being good with a balance of $100. Evidently buying a Nordstrom gift card for someone is not going to provide a good experience for the person you give it to. I wouldn't buy a gift card from them as this is just too much trouble and I feel this is nothing but a scam and people will give up trying to use the card.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Nordstrom has always been my go to for upscale service and merchandise but I just left the West Farms location in Connecticut and it was awful. I took my 16 year old son for his first suit and was astonished at the lack of selection. The labels were Indochina, Ted Baker and Boss basically. No higher end selection and the ties were equally disappointing. The worst part was the service. There simply wasn’t any. The one man on the floor was working with a couple and a number of us just waited around to be acknowledged which never happened. My son decided he’d had enough and we left to go to Mitchell’s in Westport which was another long drive but completely worth it.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I ordered boots on 9/15/21. They charged my card and said they had shipped. When you check the status at Nordstrom.com, it states "shipped". When you track the shipping, the shipper states "waiting for Nordstrom to submit package". They didn't ship it. No idea where it is. But they have my money. This is the second time this month I have had a problem. I placed another order for three items and used my Nordstrom card which had a zero balance. The order processed as normal and I received a order confirmation.

About a half hour later they cancelled my entire order for no reason. Said it was a credit issue. I contacted the credit department and was told they had to investigate and it would take 48 hours. SO, I re-ordered the exact same three items using my Visa debit card. Went thru just fine and I have received the products. I asked on three different occasions why my order was cancelled and to this day, have received no explanation. I'm done with them. There are plenty of other places to spend my money. They used to be the best and now they are the worst. Sad.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Ordered a pair of Adidas NMD's for sale. Received a pair of women's pants. Then they shipped me a pair of shoes in two different sizes. I had to return both and got a refund 2 months later. Did not even offer to honor my original sale. After giving Nordstrom my hard earned money for some shoes, I'm out $60 for two months and no shoes.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I visited the Nordstrom Rack store and was not pleased with the reaction by one of the gals behind the counter at the registers. I was there to buy shoes

and asked about left-over shoe boxes. Instead of cordially explaining that they 'recycle' shoe boxes, she snapped at me in a very shrill tone of voice instead. I left the two pairs of shoes that I had intended to buy, along with their boxes, at the register. I didn't make any purchase at all, owing to the woman's rude rebuff. Not only did I find the woman's behavior rudely unacceptable, I wondered just why she became so flippant. Something seemed 'off' about how reflexively angry she got just because I asked about empty shoe boxes. That was a simple question and there really was no sane reason why someone should become so angry in response.

So I decided to call corporate customer care to ask whether it really IS the store's policy to keep empty shoe boxes now. As it was, I noticed another customer at the register to the right of me who had shoes AND shoe boxes in her bag. I really didn't think that I was doing something so shameful by asking for a couple of extra empty shoe boxes; managers have given them to me in the past whenever I would be making purchases. However, it's been months since I'd visited the store, and this is probably the first time I've asked about empty shoe boxes in over a year.

Anyway, when I called the main 888 customer care number, it was answered by a gentleman with a very thick Latino accent, who hurriedly informed me that because the issue occurred at a Nordstrom Rack store, that I needed to speak to someone there. So, he transferred the call. That call was answered by a lady with an even thicker Latino accent, whom I had difficulty understanding. She let me know that the number I had been transferred to only handled problems with the website! When I explained that the agent at the main number should have known better, she tried to connect me to someone who could help, but there was such difficulty in trying to understand her speech. I explained kindly that I needed to disconnect the call.

Then I tried using the company's online chat feature. That was a bust! First it was creepy because their system's surveillance recognized my legal name, but the name I entered on chat is the one I use informally when communicating with people by email and chat. So, somehow, Nordstrom's chat system has linked data from my Nordstrom account to my location/ISP, etc. Very invasive! As for the chat itself, the agent couldn't help because chat, too was just for addressing problems with online ordering! The chat agent said that when there's a problem, call the retail store! But if the problem is an issue with someone who could be one of the store's managers? What then? Do you bring the problem back to the person who failed to give you good service in the first place?

Trying to get good customer service has felt like playing 'Ring around the Rosie'; they've passed the buck over and over again! There was a time when Nordstrom was lauded for its superior customer service. No more! It looks like genuine customer service at Nordstrom has gone the way of buggy whips and button hooks.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I bought a pair of shoes from Nordstrom online. I bought a pair of 5.5 Adidas Ultra Boost DNA for $193! The top shoe. They were available in all sizes. When I received them, they were 9.5! I know I didn't push that button on my life! I called, told the customer care rep about the problem and he said that "You had to have pressed it, and that maybe I could sell them to a friend"! The rep told me that they didn't have my size and that they only had the 9.5. I am sending them back for a refund.

The next day, I looked online and saw that they only had 9.5 size shoes in the brand I wanted, leading me to think that the only size they had, when I ordered mine was the 9.5, and they were so desperate to make a sale, that they sent the 9.5 because the day before, that's all they had. Their response to my situation was cold, uncaring, and unprofessional, and I told them that I was a long time customer, and that they should admit to their actions as calculated and apologize. They refused. I am no longer a customer.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I wish I did not have to write this review, but since Nordstrom has gone downhill over the years to such a great extent, I don't see other options at this point. I've been an extremely loyal 30+ year shopper at Nordstrom. The Nordstrom of the 1980s and 1990s and its outstanding customer service were the reason I shopped there. Unfortunately, Nordstrom has changed dramatically. I returned one item purchased online four months ago, and was told by customer service to "make sure to take a photo of the return label, because the returns team "loses" things sometimes." I found that odd considering that Nordstrom themselves provided the return label, that they would have no record of it. I was glad I did take a photo, because they had no record of the return and had to "research it" to confirm it was delivered back to them for a full month and a half before I finally received my money back.

Not fun. Unfortunately, a worse scenario then presented itself. I ordered two clothing items and Nordstrom shipped me a different (wrong) item than the one I had ordered. I mailed that one back and now, over two months later and with six different conversations online and via telephone with customer service, I am told they are "looking into it" and have been told multiple times my refund is on its way. More than two months later, there is no refund and lots of bumbling on the Nordstrom end. The right hand does not know what the left is doing. No resolution whatsoever, although I keep getting promised that they are "working on it."

I do see other reviews in which many other customers are having the exact same very bad experience. If this is the "new" Nordstrom, I will definitely be shopping elsewhere. You have lost a loyal customer of 30+ years due to your repeated incompetent handling of returns and customer still not having their own money returned months later. If you enjoy not having your money rightfully returned to you for months, Nordstrom is your place.

Original review: July 29, 2021

A friend of mine warned me not to order from Nordstrom. I didn’t listen. I ordered a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes online knowing that I needed them for an event 3 weeks away. I called the store and told them I needed them by a certain time and I was told my order would ship two day later. One week later, I was told my order was cancelled because shoes out of stock. I was furious! I decided to give Nordstrom another chance. I went to the store to see what was in stock. Spoke to an employee who said the shoes I wanted was at another store and they can have it shipped to me. I told the employee I needed the shoes for an event one week later.

The employee swore that I would get them in 3-4 days… no later than 5 for sure! I ordered the shoes, I tracked my order and I was scheduled to receive them in 6 days (just in time for my event). I checked a couple days later and my order was pushed back by 4 more days (AFTER my event). I would have paid extra for overnight. I’m not ordering from Nordstrom’s ever again!

Original review: July 25, 2021

Do not order through Nordstrom Rack. This company has the Nordstrom name which is synonymous with outstanding service but they are a scam. They will take your money and hold it for weeks then tell you the item you ordered is not available??? After weeks.. I have never written a review like this online but feel consumers should know.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I used to think this was a good store but trying to price match or price adjust leaves me feeling that I am talking to a person on another planet. The information I receive is inconsistent from one agent to another. Then they ask me to call back after the order is received so they can do the price match. I cannot waste my time with this store anymore.

Original review: July 11, 2021

I have appreciated Nordstrom for years but lately there is little in store inventory, been ending up ordering items, they take forever to arrive (2 weeks+) and I live 10 min from the flagship store! When the expensive Chanel makeup finally arrives it is packed in butcher paper. Luxury and prestige of Nordstrom is gone.

Original review: June 11, 2021

I ordered makeup online. Tried to use Nordy Note. That was unsuccessful. Then make up sent 2 separate packages. 1st package contained wrong item and no return label. Contacted Nordstrom. Finally was told they would pick up wrong item, however, no correct item available to order or ship. I returned item. No refund. Opened a dispute with credit card. Will not order from Nordstrom again.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I have been shopping at Nordstrom's for over 20 years. It may be considered more of an 'upscale' store, but I have found that the products and services are top notch. It's like anything else, if you take your time and pay attention to their offers, you can buy very good quality shoes and clothes for an excellent price. I highly recommend it.

Original review: May 11, 2021

I have influencer status and I spend almost nothing there on my own Nordstrom CC. I get a few Gift Credits from wealthy friends, which take months to exhaust. I also have alterations credits. So I found some slacks and had the alterations done. They bill the alterations to your CC and say it will be credited. Well it wasn't. I called and after a LONG hold, I was to be given a credit. But, Oh NO, they give you a Nordy Note... even more store credit to use... instead of crediting the Credit Card. What a pain.

Nordstrom Company Information