4.4/5 (519 ratings)

About Credit Sesame

Credit Sesame offers free credit monitoring services on its website and mobile app, which is available for iOS and Android. No credit card is required, and it does not impact your credit score. Members receive a free credit check and credit score update every month from the TransUnion credit reporting bureau.

Pros

• Premium plans available
  • No credit card required
  • Free monthly credit score
  • Mobile app

Cons

• Add-ons require monthly subscription
  • Only TransUnion credit score is free

Bottom Line

Credit Sesame offers a lot of tools and credit information for free. It has three premium membership plans for information from all three credit reporting bureaus. The free plan only includes a TransUnion credit report.

Credit Sesame Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Sesame?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Sesame?

Original review: June 22, 2021

I signed up with them and through them, another law firm to help with fixing my credit. Soon after I see ads from Credit Sesame offering a discount for signing up with THE EXACT law firm I just signed up for, only I was never offered the discount! When I called, I got an extremely smug "customer service" person explaining that I was "not a member" and therefore was told that they will hold my information on their servers (opening my info up to hackers and therefore identity theft!) For "auditing purposes".. which means "inflated numbers to sell to advertisers". So you need up being INUNDATED with ads for credit cards. These other reviews are obviously FAKE, read them, no specifics about ANY POSITIVE RESULTS!

Original review: April 2, 2021

Omar was very helpful with the original assessment and extremely helpful finding a plan that will help me get my credit back on track while fitting into my budget. I’m looking forward to working with Credit Sesame. They are already off to a great start with me.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I transferred 3.000$ into my recently opened Sesame Cash account on Wednesday. Today, Thursday, I receive an email alerting me that the account is frozen, and they require a Selfie with identification to ''Secure'''' my account. Highly unprofessional behavior, I recommend anyone considering Sesame Cash to find an alternative banking solution that values your business. If you prioritize being able to spend YOUR money, stay away.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I can watch my credit score for free and it has increased! I am operating at the suggested level recommended as well. I am going to the other credit bureaus to add other payment histories I have that are in excellent standing.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Good report helps me to decide on getting information to make a purchase or credit card offer, and about auto update. This report was about the update information on my 2013 Sonata, and the Blue Book, and Kelley on value for trade-in value, and possible downpayment, and amount that I could use for downpayment for a new car trade-in.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Thank you Credit Sesame for being precise and helping me be up to date with my credit. It nice to log in and know I am going to be provided with useful information. I would definitely recommend to family and friends.

Original review: July 28, 2020

Thank you for the information gathered from my credit history. It shows me what I need to do to improve my credit history and credit score. Now I'm deciding which of the products to purchase. The information was produced so quickly.

Original review: July 28, 2020

This company does a great job, been with them a long time. I would recommend them, they are very reliable. Give them a try and you will see what I mean. Don't take my word for it, try them yourself and see.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I have Always Been With them for about 2 or 3 years and the score always been on point. Keep up the good work...I will recommend all my friends to Credit Sesame...I wish other companies be like them ....Thank you so much for always being there. Again Keep up The Great Job You Guys Are doing.

Original review: July 24, 2020

This product has helped me gain control of my credit card and household debt. I went from poor credit score to an excellent credit score in about a year and a half. By following their suggestions and cutting expenses I'm finally out of the hole. Thank you very much!

Original review: July 23, 2020

This is my first time. A friend told me to sign up and try, so I did. You did very well. My credit rating is about the same as other sites. I also like the process to dispute old accounts. The only thing I see though is that you use only Transunion. Do you use the other credit sites.

Original review: July 15, 2020

Hey just wanted to say thank you for helping me keep track of my credit scores but I want to say that I'm very pleased with you guys helping me find a new line of credit to help me achieve my credit goals.

Original review: July 11, 2020

Very good service to the people in the U.S.A.. It help me in my finance and credit score. It help my family to in their finance too. I will thank you for the service to me and my family and friend. Very good service. Thank You Credit Sesame.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Was great. Got what I needed. Keeping it great like to keep up with what going on thanks. Need to check every two to three weeks and see if anybody has got on it and done anything wrong so you can get it fit right! Thanks again.

Original review: July 9, 2020

GREAT APP & COMPANY. They have helped me go from 575 to 690 in a few months. THANK YOU. Easy to Use. Confidential. Great recommendations. I am very happy with the assistance and free to boot. You are Fantastic....

Original review: July 8, 2020

Credit Sesame is a easy site with the correct results, I enjoy using it and staying updated on my credit score and have told friends to try it also. I enjoy knowing I can check my credit score anytime to stay on top of my history.

Original review: July 6, 2020

When I began working with Credit Sesame, my FICO score was very low. I began following their recommendations, and I now have an A! As a single mom with 2 boys and no child support, alimony, nothing, I made my way through life with my sons. It was years and years of living paycheck to paycheck. I never thought I would climb out of the mess made by not having money to ensure bills were paid on time, or even paid. As time went by, I became ill and didn't have good insurance. I was left with medical debt that killed any chance of raising my credit score, but I did it with the help of Credit Sesame. Just grateful.

Original review: July 5, 2020

Since I joined Credit Sesame I have been able to get a new car, a new career, a year's worth of financial security, and the ability to travel out of the country without fear. As a single woman, I appreciate the financial security that Credit Sesame has brought me.

Original review: July 5, 2020

When I get on my phone on Credit Sesame there is no way to log out. I have to get on my laptop to log out. Please create a large enough to see log out option!!! This shouldn't be so difficult to log out! I love your service and being able to check my score. Thank you.

Original review: July 5, 2020

I have relied on Credit Sesame to keep me abreast of my credit report for several years now. Unlike other credit reporting companies, they do not constantly bombard you with different credit offers... Just the ones you might qualify for. Thanks again Credit Sesame.

Original review: July 2, 2020

It is a very good site. Everything is very clear and really help you to improve the credit. It gives the very clear picture about our financial health. Only problem is my profile has wrong information and I could not correct it.

Original review: July 1, 2020

It was easy and convenient. Easy to understand. I think I got all the answers. I might recommend it. I think everybody can benefit from the program. It is a very helpful tool. I am very grateful for your help.

Original review: June 28, 2020

I love Credit Sesame, it keeps you updated with changes to your credit report, makes suggestions on how to improve your score and even offers direct links to the credit bureaus to file disputes. I have used other companies in the past that shall remain nameless, however I love that I switched to credit sesame hands down!

Original review: June 20, 2020

I love keeping an eye on my overall credit and score with Credit Sesame. I can check as often as I want and my score doesn't go down. I check almost daily. I can search for credit cards and loans etc..

Original review: June 18, 2020

I have used Credit Sesame for 3+ years and find it to be a great resource for viewing, tracking and improving my credit. Website is easy to use. Viewing my credit score improving after each of the suggested tasks really makes it exciting to use and visit the website once a week to get everything on track.

Original review: June 12, 2020

Good site to use to check credit and get credit tips credit offers, the site uses a grading system that is use to read and understand, free credit site it is helpful, it has credit tools, it list and compares,

Original review: June 11, 2020

I've had a Credit Sesame account for a few years. When I logged in today, I notice a an ad for Sesame Cash so, I gave it a try. From the Credit Sesame website I was lead to a Terms and Conditions(which I read)page and eventually` that lead to a congrats page. It was literally that easy. Thank you Credit Sesame for allowing me to get Sesame Cash.

Original review: June 7, 2020

I appreciate all your help. Credit Sesame is a great Company, and I thank you for your suggestions. However, I don't want any other credit cards at this time. Thank You Very Much. Please keep me in touch, about my Credit Score.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Credit Sesame lets me know when there has been a change to my credit score. They show you how each factor affects your score. This is very helpful. They do also let you know about credit cards you may be able to get based on your score. I'm sure they make money on those.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I was using Credit Karma to try to rebuild my credit and had little success. Then, I heard about Credit Sesame. In the time I've been using Credit Sesame, which has been roughly a year or so, I've been able to restore my credit from Poor to Excellent by following the advice provided based on the information they pulled for nothing at all. Credit Sesame is definitely knowledgeable as to the formula to determining credit scores, which is accurate to a T! Thanks Credit Sesame!!!

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review our service! We are extremely happy to hear that we could help and hope to be able to continue to provide the services that you need.

Credit Sesame Company Information