4.4/5 (97 ratings)

About BeenVerified

BeenVerified provides customers with access to public records without having to visit courthouses or private organizations. Using a phone number, email, address, username or vehicle identification number, customers can access a slew of information from criminal records to hidden social media profiles.

Pros

• Unlimited reports and searches
  • Clear use guidelines
  • Easy to use

Cons

• Business services still in development
  • Unclear pricing on single reports

Bottom Line

BeenVerified makes searching public records accessible and affordable to everyone. Services for business are coming soon, and individuals will find BeenVerified’s monthly membership and unlimited services useful.

BeenVerified Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

Been Verified understands how business runs. The staff are kind, sweet, sincerely inclusive and know their business well. You can see by my picture that I am surprisingly happy! If you need this type of service, you would do well to choose Been Verified.

Hello Ruth,

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are so happy to hear you had a great experience!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

I was writing to get a refund for the last two months because I thought I had canceled my subscription in August. Customer service did an outstanding job, helping me find the accuracy of my claim and then resolving it.

Hi Page,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

We are so glad we were able to assist you efficiently.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

Within just an hour or so I have tracked down my friend. Have not heard from him for years and register with BeenVerified and have tracked him down and hopefully we can get together soon and have a good cold beer together like old times. This is a long time reunion coming on so I'm grateful to your service.

Hi Mark!

WOW! We are always thrilled to hear stories like yours!

Your review has given us valuable insight into the services we provide at BeenVerified.

We sincerely thank you for taking the time out to share this wonderful review with us.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

Billing help. I had an issue with billing she was great. Very friendly and took care of the problem quickly. I had to cancel the account and was rebilled and she gave me the credit I thought I was gonna get a big hassle.

Hi Sandy,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback!

We are so glad we were able to assist you quickly.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

In a world where customer service experiences continue to decline based on various factors, I was pleasantly surprised to have received the kind and courteous service I did this morning when I phoned customer support. Your rep was professional, friendly, understanding, and helpful. I was immediately impressed, not expecting the expedient and seamless service I received. Be sure to hang onto this rep.

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you so much for your 5-Star review!

We'll make sure the entire team received your feedback, they'll be thrilled to hear your kind words!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

I have written this company several times and phoned. It becomes a full-time job trying to cancel my subscription. Emails not going through and the automated telephone system keeps hanging up on me. Their system hung up on me today three times. Can’t get through with emails. This is just plain wrong!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

For the most part, The information concerning myself was correct. Concerning the person I was looking for, Once again your agency was not able to find any information on her whatsoever. You do a lot of work Persuading a person to believe that they will get their questions answered through your agency, But I think this is the 3rd time I have tried this, and still I did not receive any information that I had not already known about: even though I have sent y'all pictures in the past, given telephone numbers, And even a other information. I am requesting your agency and staff follow-up more thoroughly on the leads given to y'all to aid in aims sought for, for both our common interests.... I may try once more, in the future. Good day, good future profits, and may all B.V's employees be blessed.

Respectfully declared, submitted, and requesting,

Carl Edward **

Hi Carl,

Thank you for providing your valuable feedback!

We are saddened to hear that you're having trouble locating the information you're seeking.

Expanding your search may yield the results you are researching.

While we put every effort into making our data as accurate and current as possible, we are dependent upon the public record data that is made digitally available to us as well.

We thank you for your kind words and do hope you give us another chance in the future.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

The representative was very helpful in responding and resolving my issues. She went above and beyond to provide different options in providing excellent customer service. I was very crumpy on a Thursday morning, but I felt a lot better after speaking with the rep.

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for your 5-Star review! We strive to achieve flawless service across the board especially with our serviced representatives. We're happy to hear about your positive experience.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Updated on 09/30/2022: The response to the problems reported in my previous review was to send a form letter containing all the ineffective remedies recommended during the live chat. My response to that is:

1. The report I was requested was for my own name, which was information I could judge clearly as accurate or inaccurate. The vast majority was inaccurate, including most of the addresses, places of work, relatives, neighbors, phone numbers. etc.

2. Most of what you are suggesting in your letter (obviously a form letter that shows no effort to actually address my concerns) was either done by me, or done in conjunction with chart support. This includes trying different browsers, clearing the cache, etc. Please don't waste any more of my time or try to suggest that you put any actual additional effort into solving this problem.

Original: The two stars are for the chat support, which was decent, although ineffective in resolving the problem. And there are plenty of problems, so zero stars for the product itself. I was unable to generate or view any reports, despite having used the service myself and generated reports in the past. Tried three different browsers and spent a lot of time with chat support who said he would "put in a ticket." Never heard anything more from them. I eventually generated a report using my phone, and it was about 80% inaccurate information, no doubt belonging to someone else with a similar name. Avoid this company, although I think many others are just as bad. Out to get your money before you realize how useless they are.

Hi Desmond,

We are in receipt of your escalation, and sent a follow up via email.

We look forward to working with you to resolve this matter.

We continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate information we possibly can.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

This is the sleaziest and most intelligence-insulting website I have ever been on. It will force you through endless fake loading times (yes, all those loading bars are fake- cheap psychology trick) and then try to milk you for everything you have once you've been forced to invest all that time (sunk cost fallacy) both data-wise, and financially, for a crumb of useful info. You might get something useful if you spend money and go along with the demands but you're wasting your time otherwise. They should just be upfront about it instead of trying to manipulate you for their own gain as much as possible.

"AS SEEN ON MTV'S CATFISH" is the most appropriate summation of this company, it will catfish you using its own parent companies and brag about it. MTV and BEENVERIFIED is owned by VIACOM, which is one of the 5 or so media companies that own 99+ percent of all media. Idk what the state of site was before they bought it but it's certainly greedy gentrified trash now, I'm sure they're aggregating all this data to better continue their goal of steamrolling people for a buck.

Hi John,
Thanks for reaching out.
Our aim is to make the service as easy to use and affordable as we can.
There are costs associated with obtaining the data and integrating that information into easy-to-read reports.
If you're interested in trying out the service, you can access a special $1 trial offer here: https://www.beenverified.com/lp/dc1239/3/select-plan

I hope that helps, but if you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

There were two unauthorized charges from beenverified.com on our church debit card. The rep who answered my call this morning (Carlos) went above and beyond to locate the charges and to close the account, which was set up by someone unknown to our church who lives in another city. Carlos was very friendly and helpful and was as invested in finding the answer as I was. Both of us ended the conversation encouraged and I asked if I could send a positive review on his behalf. Thank you for hiring employees who care about your customers and your business.

Hi Linda,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about our Customer Support Team!

It makes our day to hear that we were able to provide you with 5-Start service.

We'll make sure Carlos receives the recognition he deserves!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

While looking for a car online, I came across this service. I was allowed a 7 day trial. I found a car and was able to get vehicle information via bumper.com. Since I no longer needed the service, I canceled via chat. It was so easy and Ayesha was super nice and professional. I appreciate the extended hours to contact them also. I highly recommend this company if you're looking for a used vehicle. I would definitely purchase a full membership had I not found a car during the trial period.

Hi Susan,

We’re so grateful that you took the time to share your feedback with us.

It’s our pleasure to serve customers like you.

We'll make sure Ayesha receives your feedback. I'm sure it will make her day!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

Hey there, I had a great experience with, Irish **. They were fast at responding and very kind when I asked them to remove me from the list. I’m a student yet so I can’t afford too many charges yet. I would use this with employees if I had my own business right now! Thanks. :)

Hi Shawna,

Feedback like yours is valuable to us.

It helps us to continue to improve and provide the best possible Customer Service to customers like you.

We strive to be the best in Customer Service every day.

We will make sure that Irish receives your kind feedback. It will make her day!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

I got a call back from a very nice lady named Heather from Been Verified on July 22, 2022. She took her time helping me find solutions as to why I couldn't find my information on their search engine. She was very personable and took the time to discuss all possibilities to help me find the answers to what I needed. I've been a subscriber for many years and will continue to subscribe because of the service I get here.

Hi Michael,

We are so grateful that you took the time to share your feedback with us.

We're glad to hear that you had great interaction with Heather.

We'll make sure that Heather receives the recognition she deserves!

Thank you for giving us the chance to assist you!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

The BeenVerified service has been really easy to sign-up for, easy to use the service, and very simple to cancel once I'm no longer needing it. I have signed up for this service a few times now for several months to a year each time. Normally services are extremely difficult to cancel when no longer needed. I'm very impressed with the website and with the customer service and communication. Will definitely use again.

Hi Lea,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to leave such a wonderful review!

Our whole Team works very hard to keep our customers happy, but we can only do it thanks to amazing customers like you.

Thank you again, we hope to see you again soon.

Original review: July 27, 2022

Very easy to use, and can cancel anytime. The representatives were very helpful, polite and to the point. Highly recommend. I was able to see that a caller was identified as a spam call and I was able to block the number and actually a few others too.

Hello Kiana,

Thank you for your five star review! We really appreciate the honest and positive feedback. It is our goal to provide great service and help our customers in an efficient manner.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I love how these sites say free for searches and yet they ask you for money when it comes to the end of the search with the results! This is another site that claims to be Free search only to want to charge you for that information.

Hi Lynn,

Could you tell us where you saw that we offered a free service?
Would you be able to provide a link or screenshot of what you saw so we can investigate it?
Please contact us at support@beenverified.com
Beenverified does not offer a free search if you would like to try out our services please use the trial link.

You can access a special $1 trial offer here: https://www.beenverified.com/lp/32fc4f/6/special-offer

Original review: July 13, 2022

I would absolutely recommend to anyone. It is easy to use. It is easy to talk to someone and Ayesha was very helpful and nice. Been Verified is my go to because it is so easy to use and it is legit. Just can't afford right now. Easy to keep or cancel. Much appreciated, thank you all..

Hi Christina,

Thank you for taking the time out to leave us this excellent review!

We pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service, just as Ayesha displayed, so your comments are very much appreciated!

Original review: July 12, 2022

Patty helped me to get on the better plan with unlimited searches as well as getting my child account up & running. The person before her just opened a ticket & nothing was done about it until Patty helped me yesterday. Patty was excellent, had empathy, respect, appreciation of me as a customer, and a lot of knowledge. Excellent. :) This lady needs a raise/promotion. Great frontline support for BeenVerified. Thank you, Patty. :)

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you so much for taking the time out and leaving such a wonderful review.
Representatives like Patty are what make us proud.

We will share this with Patty and the Team to let them know to keep up the amazing work!

Original review: July 8, 2022

Customer support was very prompt, efficient, professional and pleasant. Actually, it was the best online chat support I've had. Ayesha ** was excellent. She/He took care of my request/question, asked the right amount of clarifying questions and then we were finished.

Hello Samuel,

Thank you for your 5-Star review! We love to hear you have received fantastic and prompt support from our agents.

Original review: June 30, 2022

Their help was invaluable regarding my account but in particular, their patience in knowing what to look for & helping me find it. I would be more than happy to use them again in the future. They are a very credible business.

Hello Holly!

We are so happy to hear that you were satisfied with the service that we provided to you! We always love to hear when we have a loyal customer.

Original review: June 26, 2022

I signed up for the $1.00 trial because I only needed to look up 1 person. But I forgot to cancel so I got the $27 bill at the end of the trial. I contacted support about the issue and they were very kind and understanding. They gave me a refund for the $27 and were very courteous. Really great people work for this company.

Dear Heaven,

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your 5-Star rating with us. We strive to provide excellent customer service and are glad that you got to experience just that!

Original review: June 15, 2022

This is a good service but I only need it occasionally. I did not need to subscribe so I used it and then cancelled to stop the reoccurring monthly billing. Cancellation is easy, and if you forget to cancel before another billing you can cancel and get a refund with little effort.

Hi Blake,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review!

We will share this with the team to let them know to keep up the amazing work.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Was very helpful and knowledgeable. Really took the time to get things right the first time. Would highly recommend your services to others. The fast response has been just what I needed. Please let my customer service rep know how much I appreciate the top-notch service.

Hi Jeffery,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star rating - it's much appreciated!

Original review: June 12, 2022

My experience with the app and the information provided was excellent. Customer service people are great. I feel that this is a reputable site and I'll be back again. The information is accurate and detailed and it was consistently good.

BeenVerified response

Hi Tracy, Thank you so much for this 5-star review. We really appreciate you being a customer and helping to share the word about us. We’re here for you anytime.

Original review: June 12, 2022

My customer service rep was extremely helpful, attentive and communicative. Unlike other customer service departments, he did not waste time explaining things and avoided my primary reason for contacting him. Please ensure that this representative is recognized in front of his or her peers. Additionally, do not make customers write more than what they need to to get a review in. I appreciate your service.

BeenVerified response

Hi Marcus, Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We will share this with the team to let them know to keep up the amazing work.

Original review: June 6, 2022

Okay, 1st off, I was pretty upset when I called. Luckily I was connected to the best representative possible, Laine, and by the end of my conversation all my questions were answered and I was only upset with myself. If other companies had your level of customer service, provided by Laine, this world would be a much better place! Thank-you so very much.

Craig

Hi Craig,

Original review: May 31, 2022

Jeverly was helping us out - I am definitely computer challenged and she was exceptionally patient - she communicated daily... and fixed the situation!! Been verified is very helpful for our business and I am very grateful for Jeverly's assistance. Thanks much!

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We will share this with the team to let them know to keep up the amazing work!

Original review: May 26, 2022

Thank you for your help! You truly have the best cancellation process and now I know to trust your company for future use. The use of Been Verified is a very important service to make available for public use. I look forward to using your service again sometime in the future.

Hi Mike,

We're happy to see that you had a 5-Star experience. Thanks for sharing!

Original review: May 26, 2022

I was going for a current price available for my 14 yr old camper. But, the results yielded nothing for price.... I emailed their support people and was refunded within hours. What a great company to be able to have such fantastic customer service!!.. If you have problems, scroll down and send feedback... Trust that you are in great hands with these folks!!!

Hi Gary,

We are so grateful for your 5-star review. Thanks for sharing your rating with us.

BeenVerified Company Information