4.4/5 (73 ratings)

About BeenVerified

BeenVerified provides customers with access to public records without having to visit courthouses or private organizations. Using a phone number, email, address, username or vehicle identification number, customers can access a slew of information from criminal records to hidden social media profiles.

Pros

• Unlimited reports and searches
  • Clear use guidelines
  • Easy to use

Cons

• Business services still in development
  • Unclear pricing on single reports

Bottom Line

BeenVerified makes searching public records accessible and affordable to everyone. Services for business are coming soon, and individuals will find BeenVerified’s monthly membership and unlimited services useful.

BeenVerified Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I was given one price, discount, at checkout but they charged my card the full amount. Fortunately, I used PayPal, but I just started contacting them for my adjustment. Reports given were flat bogus and I even checked my own report to verify.

Hi Connie,

It appears you signed up for the quarterly subscription which is discounted, however you are charged up front for the subscription as outlined on the sign up page. We are more than happy to assist you, please email support@beenverified.com.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Clarification for notes. How to delete while working on a report. It was explained to me that once a note was placed it is then unable to be deleted. I have been testing the possible uses for the notes for example telephone numbers or emails and much of the information was unimportant. Once I learn how to use the notes I wanted to delete what I had done previously but is unable to do so.

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have submitted your feedback to our developers for future consideration.

If we can be of further assistance please feel free to contact us at support@beenverified.com

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

Thank you for your outstanding service in refunding a charge that happened by accident. Your people and this organization are one absolute top-notch, first-class, honorable business. Of all of the companies that I have had money dealings with here on the internet, your company is the most responsive to discovering the problem, to then fix it by an immediate refund. I wish other companies could and would follow in your footsteps. But you are a tough act to follow. Thank you for your help and your quick resolve. Sincerely, Melody **. Lansing, Michigan - USA.

Hi Melody,

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I used Been Verified for 3 years no problem and no complaints---One day no one could log in. I tried resetting password, did not work, called.. Waited over an hour, emailed customer service, "Nune" responded over and over with the same email---"reset your password, call customer service." I do not know if a live person because no reply was actually personalized or responsive. After 18 emails, I still could not get them to send me the "reset password link" rather than tell me how to use them. I am losing 3-4 years of accumulated Data, but terrible service. The email I signed up with works fine, and they were able to bill my credit card, just not communicate with me in any way.

Hi Craig,

We value your membership and we apologize for the inconvenience caused by not receiving a reset password link. It appears we have since resolved this matter for you and provided complimentary service for the inconvenience. If we can be of further assistance please feel free to contact us.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

The lady that helped me was very professional, prompt and thorough with her services and I love BeenVerified. As soon as I return back to work I plan on opening an account again with you guys! Very handy service and very accurate with loads of information I would never be able to find elsewhere!

Hi Cheyenne,

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We are equally excited that you enjoyed the service. We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Easy to use product. Actually thought it might’ve been a scam or illegitimate to be honest but I googled BBB complaints/reviews and it actually seemed good, so tried it. Super easy to use, good information. When I had a problem, I emailed customer service and they responded within 24 hours and were super helpful.

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your review. We are equally excited that you were pleased with the services received. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Called regarding a billing issue, James was polite and helpful. He is a great asset to your company. Been Verified is lucky to have such a dedicated employee. Would recommend them in the future, because of him. It is great to deal with customer service without an attitude.

Hi James,

This is awesome!! We strive to provide exceptional service and we are pleased to here that you enjoyed the service received.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Excellent support delivered and all my questions were answered quickly and without any hassle. All hours replies. To the point questions. Quality service. No hesitation in recommending the team, most impressed with the speedy response to my questions. Great effort! Much appreciated! Strongly recommended for service delivery and professionalism. Thank you!

Hi William,

Thank you for your review. We strive to provide exceptional service. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Beenverified services are easy to use and supported well. It is easy to sign up, and easy to cancel. Their online information is very accurate. I am pleased to rate them as 5 stars. Their customer service is very helpful. They are prompt with replies when you query them. I was very happy to do business with them. Should I need their services again, I would not hesitate to reopen my account.

Hi Manuel,

We are equally excited that you were pleased with the services received. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

When using the app, it helped me find out who my local stalker was! Then when I had a problem with a billing issue to my account, the customer service was nice, informative, and quick to help me! Definitely recommend!!

Hi Ky'Lee,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I think you guys should incorporate an optional and payable group model for companies and organizations to enroll their employees and monitor their work activities. Something like how Microbilt.com has that allows companies to register and then they can sub register their employees under 1 umbrella account with a few sub accounts to track everything and keep up productivity. Other than that great work guys! I have 3 different subscriptions for the type of work that I do and BeenVerified has the most accurate information by far!

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for your feedback we will forward this suggestion to our development team. We are equally excited that your enjoying the app!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I sent an email requesting my account to be cancelled. I included all of my personal info: name, phone number, etc. None the less I have been charged a fee of $29 FOUR more times. I have NEVER even used the site, since the one time I had searched something up and accidentally landed on it. But, never again after requesting the cancellation that they chose to ignore so they could continue stealing from me.

Hi Beth,

It appears BeenVerified reached out for more information to locate the account to cancel after receiving the email, sadly we did not receive a response. We apologize that your experience was not a pleasant one, in our recent email correspondence this matter was resolved and refund has been issued. We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I forgot to cancel my account and they had charged me the 29.99USD. When I emailed asking to cancel the account + receive a refund, they did it all within the same hour. They didn't give me any hassle when I made this request, so that's a pleasant surprise. :)

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide exceptional service. We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I had been searching for my brother since I was a teenager. My father had a child when he was 20 before he went to Korea. Many years later at the age of 54 I was born. My brother and my father had a falling out when he was 20. My father never heard from my brother again. Hadn't been able to find my brother all these years. After a few days with Been verified, I have been in touch with my 71 year old brother who didn't know he had a sister. I am 36. I also found my niece and nephew who are older than me. I am now meeting my brother for the first time in a week from today. Through all of this I have learned something nobody knew. I also have a sister Born to my father when he was stationed in Germany. My search continues. Haven't found anything on been verified yet to do with her. Going to search military records next. Thank you so much been verified!

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad to hear that you were able to locate your brother. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I called to cancel my membership because I didn't realize I hadn't cancelled after a 7 day trial for $5. I had been dealing with lots of family health emergencies and missed it. Tiffany the billing agent was so kind and was able to help me get a refund for the month that just started. She listened, offered empathy, was clear about what she could do and was able to do so promptly. I was having a hard day and talking to her definitely helped me feel better. I would definitely trust this company if I need to do a search again. Very different than some of the companies out there that are misleading, give you the runaround and have poor customer service. As someone in customer service it is so nice to be on the receiving end of great service. Thank you again Tiffany. [It was clearly stated that after the 7 days it would be 26.89 a month for unlimited searches for my credit, for people, background checks and all kinds of searches.]

Hi Kiana,

We are equally pleased to hear that you were happy with the service received. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

This is a great company and my service was great. Very accurate and customer service was helpful! I unfortunately had to cancel because I no longer needed the service and didn’t want to pay for something I was no longer using. Customer service was so kind and they immediately cancelled my service with no hassle. That’s very important to me.

Hi Leah,

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I’ve used VIN check services before and highly recommend them. I found Bumper.com doing a search and was pleased that their rate was lower than similar services, like Carfax. The results of my VIN check were provided almost immediately, and I was happy to find that the car I was interested in met my requirements. The records provided ensured me that the car was a good buy. I’m purchasing the car!

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are equally happy that your pleased with the results of your search.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I've been able to "verify" several individuals I've only met online. It's given me great peace of mind to learn that people ARE who they say they are, or are people of questionable identity (which I can then avoid for good reason). GREAT PEACE OF MIND. Am so glad that "BeenVerified" is there for me.

Vicki

HI Vicki,

Thank you for sharing your experience using Beenverified. We are equally excited that you are able to locate the information you are seeking!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I participated in a 1 week trial. I did not want to continue with a subscription. BeenVerified automatically entered me in a monthly subscription for $26.89 a month. I immediately canceled the day of charge and requested a refund. BeenVerified ignored my refund request. During the week of trial, I found many errors with my emails. I made changes and BeenVerified ignored those changes. I found out I'm getting scam emails because of BeenVerified incorrect profiles. BeenVerified appears to be the scammer!!

Hi Charles,

When signing up for our services we do inform that the subscription can be cancelled at anytime. If the trial is not cancelled prior to the 7th day you will be automatically enrolled into the monthly subscription as stated on the sign up page. We are more than happy to assist you with your account. Please email support@beenverified.com

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I initially signed on as I was being scammed yet was not able to verify the individual. Yet I was able to locate 2 of my good friends and we have reconnected!!! Totally awesome! I searched 20 years for them and within minutes of signing up with Been Verified I was able to locate them. I emailed and got immediate Responses and they are the people I have been searching for. I spoke with this friend for over 8 hours on Saturday. What a great reconnect

Hi Kyle,

This is amazing! We are so glad that you were able to reconnect with your friends. Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I had a fellow try to scam me and I wanted to understand who he was do that if he escalates, I will be able to tell police what I know about him. I also looked up a guy I started dating. Was was happy to find what he told me was true. Thank you.

Hi Mary Lou,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our service. We are glad to hear that you located the information regarding your concerns.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Thank you! BeenVerified worked perfectly for my quest to find a quality certified pre-owned BMW with no secrets. I was able to challenge tire size as M Sport package purchased on car new, was not what was being sold used. Dealership honored BeenVerified documentation, saved me thousands and made my BMW even sweeter.

Hi Charlie,

This is awesome news!! We are equally excited to hear this. Thank you for sharing.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

A friend of mine had trouble with an account on PayPal, which made me take a look back through my PayPal account. I was very surprised to find out there were two companies that charge me. It was something I didn't authorize or even know about. I immediately contacted those companies and then contacted PayPal. I was glad it happened through PayPal because PayPal makes you feel secure, they assure you that you're safe. I received very little help or protection from PayPal!! The other company did not respond or even acknowledge I had reached out to them. BeenVerified immediately refunded all of my money.!! They were helpful, apologetic and have EXCELLENT customer service!!! A special thank you to my customer service representative Muslampuram **, who quickly resolved the issue, refunded my money & made me wish more companies did business this way!

Thanks again

Jill

Hi Jill,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are equally excited that you were pleased with the service provided.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I called in, spoke with Sara. She took the time to listen to my concerns as I had a horrible experience with a competitive service/company. Sara took the time to listen to my experience, address my concerns, discuss the differences that make BeenVerified stand out (which I regret not using in the first place), and price plans. Thank you Sara. I’ve already located my relative - within an hour of activation.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are excited that you were able to locate your family member!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I used Been Verified and the service was GREAT! I was able to find the information I needed. But I only needed it for short term. I was able to receive a refund for the months not needed. Their customer service is excellent.

Hi Patricia,

We are equally excited that you were able to locate the information. We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I came across BeenVerified while doing research for work. It seemed to have better results than the tool I was using. I signed up for the 1 week trial to test it out more for my employer and when I was late cancelling, customer service was prompt with my concerns and acted on my request without question. I am very happy with my experience with this company and hope to have my employer start using them too.

Hi Kristina,

Thank you for sharing your experience with we are equally exited that you were pleased with the app.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I have used one gmail account for years, and used the same address in many other accounts. I was unable to login to the gmail account including using the services of gmail. They closed the account last year and continue to be unable to access some of these since communications from them goes to the dead gmail account. Somehow I was directed to your site and worked with Leondra yesterday. He did a full scan but this didn’t solve my problem. He was very skilled, patient and polite and I wanted to give him a good review. My problem with BeenVerified is that searching for help to access the gmail account, I finally learned that using BeenVerified was no help. If there IS some way I’d like to hear about it. Thank you for your consideration!

Al **

Hi Al,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do apologize as we do not have control over Gmail accounts. We are pleased to hear the agent assisted you within our boundaries. BeenVerified is a website that provides a searchable database of aggregated public records. You can search a name on the site to locate addresses, phone numbers, relatives, court records, and much more. You can also run searches on addresses, phone numbers and email addresses.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Sara was very informative & friendly. She answered on & off the topic questions for me. She is the reason why I’m doing this review today 8/31/21. She even helped me obtain an coupon for me to use for my first time.

Hi Sara,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We strive to provide exceptional service.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I was ill for quite a time, my laptop crashed and I had to get a new email. So I was not able for a long time to cancel my subscription. I was finally able to communicate with Been Verified, and after a minimum of trouble, got my subscription cancelled and was issued refunds for the months that I was unable to use your service. You all turned out to be very understanding of my problems. I truly appreciate your courtesy and willingness to understand. I did find the old friend I was searching for. Thank you so much.

Hi Harold,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

This is a wonderful service and it was so easy to cancel…which in this day and age speaks a lot...I just called the company and decided to go through the texting options on the phone…then in just a couple of key strokes…I was canceling the service…and that was that!! It was final!! So easy and complete…that I hated canceling the service…ohh well!!

Hi Irene,