2. Background Check Companies

4.0/5 (52 ratings)

About BeenVerified

BeenVerified provides customers with access to public records without having to visit courthouses or private organizations. Using a phone number, email, address, username or vehicle identification number, customers can access a slew of information from criminal records to hidden social media profiles.

Pros

• Unlimited reports and searches
  • Clear use guidelines
  • Easy to use

Cons

• Business services still in development
  • Unclear pricing on single reports

Bottom Line

BeenVerified makes searching public records accessible and affordable to everyone. Services for business are coming soon, and individuals will find BeenVerified’s monthly membership and unlimited services useful.

BeenVerified Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

Original review: April 24, 2021

Having spent 3 months trying to contact Youtube, I found the customer service here to be extraordinary. I used the service briefly, but when I was finished, I called to cancel. Answers were prompt and completed without question or delay. Staff is friendly, professional, courteous, and helpful.

Hi Nancy,

We are equally excited that you were pleased with the service received. We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: April 17, 2021

I used this website just out of curiosity, I had no intention of staying longer than a few days. I used the service a few times and found it pretty helpful for the most part. The customer service was also great and very very fast.

Hi Ronel,

Thanks for reaching out. We are glad to hear that you enjoy using the service and enjoyed your experience with our customer support team.

Original review: April 10, 2021

In 2019, I signed up for BeenVerified as we were trying to find my husband’s father. They lured us in by stating they had records, but once we put in our credit card information, we quickly realized the info they had was sparse and incredibly outdated. For an accuracy check, we checked our own names through the platform and nearly every single detail was incorrect. I called to cancel, and they were able to refund us so I wrote it off as a platform that wasn’t well-developed yet.

Recently I gave it another chance, figuring it had been a few years and they must have improved their data if they were still in business. There was a distant family member who we were considering letting watch our daughter and I let them know we were screening sitters (as we do not know this family member well and they only came into our lives recently). Their info on BeenVerified was also extremely outdated. I called to cancel again. Two months later, I noticed I had been charged two more times for the service despite having a cancellation confirmation number. I called and explained the situation, the representative said “Well, you’ve violated our terms of service by doing a background check on someone.”

I laughed, as isn’t that the whole point of their service? (Clearly they know this is the ONLY reason for their service so it seems to be a *winkwink/covering ourselves by saying this* type of thing.) I explained we weren’t an employer or a landlord and that I am well-versed in FCRA and our situation didn't fall under that. It was neither here nor there, as I just wanted them to stop charging me. The representative kept stating “I have to let you know that your account will be flagged and banned as you’ve violated our terms by performing a background check.” It was a man exceedingly bizarre experience — I just wanted the charges to stop.

I would caution anyone against using BeenVerified. Any data aggregator is going to have some inaccuracies in data, but theirs is so wildly inaccurate across the board time and time again that it essentially renders the info useless. They seem unable to honor cancellations without you having to make several calls through their long automated system to finally get a live person. (I will say that they were cooperative in giving me the refund I insisted on.) The company seems to operate on a thin line of legitimacy, essentially saying “We provide background checks, but by using our service you agreed to our terms which state that you won’t PERFORM background checks.”

Again, we weren’t using BeenVerified to screen employees or tenants. But in reality, they know that’s why their whole business exists: so that anyone who pays them their monthly fee can pull the background of anyone else to make any decisions they’d like, and it’s actually frightening to think those decisions are being made every day based on the wildly inaccurate data this company provides.

Hi Joanna,

BeenVerified provides access to public record information. However, laws such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) regulate how you can use information you obtain from BeenVerified. Screening for a nanny or domestic help as stated here on our website violates ours terms www.beenverified.com/about/dos-donts/. We continuously strive to update and expand our databases.

Original review: April 9, 2021

Report was friendly for first-time users at a fairly affordable price; the means to cancel subscriptions were a little wonky, but they get back to you right away. All said in done, it does everything you need to do- for a fee, of course, but one you can live with if you're not strapped for cash.

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your review we are glad that you enjoyed the app!

Original review: March 27, 2021

This service was awesome. It did everything that was promised and the website has a very easy to use layout. The app is also amazing. I just don't have the need for this service right now. But if the need should arise I will absolutely use this service again.

Hi Craig,

We are equally excited that you were pleased with the services. Thank you for your review.

Original review: March 25, 2021

Decided to use this service for personal assessment background check prior to applying to TSA’s global entry program. While I was not thrilled with the criminal background data check, I was impressed by all the other data that was provided. I am always suspect about these websites but found that this site has excellent customer support. It was timely and supportive. They stated that they are constantly improving the data they provide and I was impressed by the quick turnaround on communications and the way they addressed my concerns.

Hi Brian,

We are equally excited that you were pleased with our services. If we can provide any further assistance please feel free to contact us.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Gentleman was very understanding and empathetic, what I thought was going to be a difficult conversation was actually an easy exchange. I was already having a bad day and his good attitude made it better. I was scammed into multiple subscriptions so there was a lot of money being drafted from my account and this cancellation process was very easy and very appreciated by me.

Hi Kassandra,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we are equally excited that your issue was resolved with impression! We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: March 18, 2021

One small thing to say about BeenVerified they are fair when you need answer. They are there in minutes to cancel. They are there in seconds. That's the beauty. I would recommend anyone who need their services. Very reliable and honest.

Hi Eric,

We are equally excited that you were satisfied with the service received, we strive to provide exceptional service. We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Searching for information about a specific person is not an easy task. Of all the other searching offers I have tried, BeenVerified is the best. While not perfect, I got most of the information I was seeking. And their customer service is outstanding.

Hello,

We are equally excited that you were able to locate the information you were seeking. We thank you for sharing your experience!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

My experience with BeenVerified has exceeded my expectations. I've recently been able to find an old friend on social media and currently in the process of rekindling our friendship. If it was thanks to BeenVerified this wouldn't be nowhere near possible so I would like to say thank you BeenVerified.

Hi Jermain,

Thanks for reaching out. We are glad to hear that you were able to connect with an old friend while using our service.

BeenVerified Company Information