2. Background Check Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.69/5

BeenVerified provides customers with access to public records without having to visit courthouses or private organizations. Using a phone number, email, address, username or vehicle identification number, customers can access a slew of information from criminal records to hidden social media profiles.

BeenVerified Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

I would recommend Beenverified to anyone interested in their services. I have never been treated so courteously by a customer service representative. It is obvious to me that the people in this company put the needs of their customers first.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for contacting us. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience using our service and with our customer support team.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

Firstly, The abilities they offer for fraud and scam detection are great, and I highly recommend trying them out. Also, the support staff was very helpful whenever I had a problem come up! If you are in doubt, give them a shot and I think you'll be pleased.

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with our services.

Respectfully,

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

My problem was resolved within minutes. Great customer service. Answered all my questions to my satisfaction and provided a ticket number for reference and assured me that my credit card statement would reflect the credit. Prompt and courteous individual on the phone and was apologetic for the mishap. I would use your service again and would recommend to a friend.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your review! We are equally excited that you were pleased with our service.

Respectfully,

BeenVerified Customer Care

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

Waste of $$. A useless website, paid the membership fee to look up a VIN number for a vehicle and there is no solid info provided. Then I ran check on myself and found completely wrong/outdated info..

Hi There,

Can you tell us what information you were looking regarding your vehicle and yourself. We continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate information. If you were unhappy with the results of your search we are happy to resolve the matter. Please email support@beenverified.com

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

Yes, I was very pleasantly surprised as to the accurate amount of information I was able to view on myself and others. The format was easy to use and understand. I rate this service with an "Excellent" rating. Thank you.

BeenVerified response

Thanks for contacting us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed using the service and it was easy to understand.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I paid 1$ for a 7 day trial subscription. Paypal went through no problem. Next day, BeenVerified says "there's a problem with your account." They want more money, deny access. I sent them a screenshot of the PayPal payment. No response from them. Screenshot of payment provided. Yes it's only a dollar lost. But it indicates how they operate. I put in a complaint to PayPal about this business.

Hi Mark,

I am unable to locate your account with the information provided. Please email support@beenverified.com ATTN: escalations so that we can look into this matter further.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

When I looked myself up on this site it shows incorrect information about me. I wouldn’t trust to make a purchase because of that. It says that I lived In Minneapolis and I have never been there. I’m not sure where these people get their information from but it appears to be false. It makes you wonder who else they have incorrectly provided information for.

Hi Guadalupe,

BeenVerified is an easy-to-access collection of public record information. Public records are collected through official government records such as mortgage deeds and court records. Sometimes the information they collect is not always 100% correct.

However, we do not create the information, we must work with the information provided to us within public data. We continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate data.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

I would use this service again because it was easy to cancel. Sounds silly but you and Hulu get it. I would renew either service because of your policy. Consumers have a lot of options and this cancellation policy makes a difference. I will recommend it to others and may renew in the future. Keep up the pro-customer approach.

Hi Gayle,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this review. We will continue to provide exceptional service.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

We run a Boston Terrier rescue based in Tennessee but covering the Southeast and nothing is more important than the safety of our "little kids," many of whom come from bad situations. It is our intention to place them only in the best new homes and now and then additional information is required to make sure that happens. BeenVerified often fills that need, quickly and accurately.

Hi RJ,

This is great news! Thank you for your review.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

This is a typical online search of identities, personal data etc. Problem is data is often not available on individual you're searching. Most importantly, you will always wind up signing up for monthly renewal & then you will never receive notification regarding renewal. When you cancel quickly they will not credit the amount they charged for the full month.

Hi Ginger,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble locating the information you're looking for. When signing up, the subscription will inform that it is auto-renewed. You can contact us to cancel at any time, and will not be billed for your next billing cycle. Sometimes we may not have all of the information related to an individual in our records. If you've searched with a specific city, middle name, or age and received no results, try removing some of that information and search again.

BeenVerified Company Information