4.6/5 (98 ratings)

About BeenVerified

BeenVerified provides customers with access to public records without having to visit courthouses or private organizations. Using a phone number, email, address, username or vehicle identification number, customers can access a slew of information from criminal records to hidden social media profiles.

Pros

• Unlimited reports and searches
  • Clear use guidelines
  • Easy to use

Cons

• Business services still in development
  • Unclear pricing on single reports

Bottom Line

BeenVerified makes searching public records accessible and affordable to everyone. Services for business are coming soon, and individuals will find BeenVerified’s monthly membership and unlimited services useful.

BeenVerified Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

Original review: June 30, 2022

Their help was invaluable regarding my account but in particular, their patience in knowing what to look for & helping me find it. I would be more than happy to use them again in the future. They are a very credible business.

Hello Holly!

We are so happy to hear that you were satisfied with the service that we provided to you! We always love to hear when we have a loyal customer.

Original review: June 26, 2022

I signed up for the $1.00 trial because I only needed to look up 1 person. But I forgot to cancel so I got the $27 bill at the end of the trial. I contacted support about the issue and they were very kind and understanding. They gave me a refund for the $27 and were very courteous. Really great people work for this company.

Dear Heaven,

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your 5-Star rating with us. We strive to provide excellent customer service and are glad that you got to experience just that!

Original review: June 15, 2022

This is a good service but I only need it occasionally. I did not need to subscribe so I used it and then cancelled to stop the reoccurring monthly billing. Cancellation is easy, and if you forget to cancel before another billing you can cancel and get a refund with little effort.

Hi Blake,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review!

We will share this with the team to let them know to keep up the amazing work.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Was very helpful and knowledgeable. Really took the time to get things right the first time. Would highly recommend your services to others. The fast response has been just what I needed. Please let my customer service rep know how much I appreciate the top-notch service.

Hi Jeffery,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star rating - it's much appreciated!

Original review: June 12, 2022

My experience with the app and the information provided was excellent. Customer service people are great. I feel that this is a reputable site and I'll be back again. The information is accurate and detailed and it was consistently good.

BeenVerified response

Hi Tracy, Thank you so much for this 5-star review. We really appreciate you being a customer and helping to share the word about us. We’re here for you anytime.

Original review: June 12, 2022

My customer service rep was extremely helpful, attentive and communicative. Unlike other customer service departments, he did not waste time explaining things and avoided my primary reason for contacting him. Please ensure that this representative is recognized in front of his or her peers. Additionally, do not make customers write more than what they need to to get a review in. I appreciate your service.

BeenVerified response

Hi Marcus, Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We will share this with the team to let them know to keep up the amazing work.

Original review: June 6, 2022

Okay, 1st off, I was pretty upset when I called. Luckily I was connected to the best representative possible, Laine, and by the end of my conversation all my questions were answered and I was only upset with myself. If other companies had your level of customer service, provided by Laine, this world would be a much better place! Thank-you so very much.

Craig

Hi Craig,

Original review: May 31, 2022

Jeverly was helping us out - I am definitely computer challenged and she was exceptionally patient - she communicated daily... and fixed the situation!! Been verified is very helpful for our business and I am very grateful for Jeverly's assistance. Thanks much!

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We will share this with the team to let them know to keep up the amazing work!

Original review: May 26, 2022

Thank you for your help! You truly have the best cancellation process and now I know to trust your company for future use. The use of Been Verified is a very important service to make available for public use. I look forward to using your service again sometime in the future.

Hi Mike,

We're happy to see that you had a 5-Star experience. Thanks for sharing!

Original review: May 26, 2022

I was going for a current price available for my 14 yr old camper. But, the results yielded nothing for price.... I emailed their support people and was refunded within hours. What a great company to be able to have such fantastic customer service!!.. If you have problems, scroll down and send feedback... Trust that you are in great hands with these folks!!!

Hi Gary,

We are so grateful for your 5-star review. Thanks for sharing your rating with us.

Original review: May 17, 2022

My son in law just needed info on one car. He ran it, but I didn't realize it would bill monthly. When I emailed, they cancelled it so quickly, and THAT I appreciate because I HATE calling! LOL! You know the ones you ring up to cancel and they argue with you. NOT THIS PLACE!! YAY!

Hi Kaseigh,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rated our service as a 5 Star. We strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I became a member to research a person who offered me a job & sent me a check. I wanted to see if there was any information that conflicted with what I was told & if this was indeed a possible scam. I found no helpful information in the phone or email or name look-ups and found out later thru my own efforts, check was a scam. I wanted to quit after a day and after complaint Been Verified refunded my money in 10 days.

Hi Steven,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Site is exactly as advertised. I was able to do a trial and cancel quickly and easily through email. Customer service reps were very polite and helpful. Additionally, the site was easy to use and provided all of the information that I needed.

Hi Becki,

Original review: May 11, 2022

Used simple phone lookup and zero info came up from their sources. Their sources are crap and yet they feel like charging you is the right thing to do - just like all the other so called service providers who are set up to scam you. Beenverified is a fraud so steer clear.

Hi Timothy,

We are saddened to hear our services did not meet your expectations. The information in our reports comes from public records. The results of a Reverse Phone Search can contain caller id data, phone records data, deep web search, and more. Our data is updated frequently, however, we do offer a money-back guarantee. Please feel free to contact us at support@beenverified.com

Original review: May 8, 2022

Due to my own error when signing up for free trial with beenverified.com, I was unable to access my account. I spent roughly three hours and several phone calls with your support team. I also spent a considerable amount of time with your chat line tech support. One of your support Representatives was able to cancel my subscription.

However the support ended at that point since she was unable to send me confirmation of my cancellation. This was due to my error because my email address was incorrect. The final call which was with Caitlin was very successful. She went out of her way to assure I was completely satisfied. Details of the call can be found in her notes I am sure. I have spent the last 45 years of my career as a corporate trainer. Teaching software applications as well as a customer support. Caitlin was extremely helpful and had she been in one of my customer support training classes she would have excelled without a doubt. Many thanks.

Hi Michael,

Original review: May 7, 2022

My contact was, Mohammed ** and he helped me immediately with the cancelation. Or was so simple. It could have been made a little easier with a cancel subscription link on the site, but customer service was polite and knowledgeable. Shout out to Mohammed, THANKS MAN!!

Hi Evan,

Original review: May 5, 2022

Several months ago I purchased a Been Verified report for the Vin number for my used car. Red flags went up when I tried to sell it to Carvana and they told me that couldn’t because apparently had been some issues with the car tile I was unaware of. BeenVerified was one of the organizations that popped up as a resource to help you with your title history. Unfortunately after I purchased the title history it was not complete & it only gave the sources of the title issues but no details. So the information I was looking for was not there.

I called today and was connected with Tammie (agent # **) out of Altoona, PA & she could not have been more pleasant and helpful. She explained how BeenVerified gets their information from a multiple of sources like insurance agencies, the national motor vehicles title Institute, state DMV’s, etc. She told me that the current report she was looking at was different from the report I purchased a couple of months ago because the one she could see has been updated/corrected. Although the report I purchased recently did not provide me what I was looking for, I will definitely use BeenVerified again solely because of the fantastic customer service I received from Tammie during our phone call.

Hi Derrick,

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Original review: May 3, 2022

The support email and online service has been a terrific experience. VERY quick response and resolution time! I am an intermittent user and will continue to use Been Verified as needed. BV has been easy to work with and appreciate their product and service.

Hi Jennifer,

Original review: April 26, 2022

I found this site to be inaccurate and severely lacking in important information. I looked up several people for a deeper dive. I knew basic information to be true. That was confirmed, however, it did not show death of people I know to be dead for over 7 years, incarcerations and felonies for people that were over 7 years old. Many misleading and outdated parts of info that made my investigation moot.

Hi Bridget,

We regret that your experience did not meet your expectations and have shared your feedback with our team. We continuously strive to update and expand our databases to provide the most current and accurate information.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Katie was extremely efficient and helpful and explained what happened. An asset to you. She is very knowledgeable. Wasn't just trying to hurry up and get the call done with. She was willing to take as long as necessary. Kudos to her.

Hi Sharon,

Original review: April 18, 2022

Was helped immediately I signed up. And the agent was very kind. She informed me that I could come back any time in the future. If I still have some time left in my account still can use it. She also asked me why was the reason to cancel the membership.

BeenVerified response

Hi Daisy, Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon

Original review: April 16, 2022

I needed to use BeenVerified for a short time as I was working on addresses for a 50th High School Class reunion. I misunderstood the auto renewal program, but as soon as I questioned the repeated charges BeenVerified explained what I misunderstood and instructed me as to how I should cancel with no problem. They even offered a reduced rate, but I had done all the research I needed to do. Excellent service and very accommodating!

Hi Victoria,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Original review: April 15, 2022

The billing dispute was handled quickly. Efficiently. With no issues. Representative was very friendly and I'm glad that was resolved so efficiently and quickly. No one likes to deal with a pissed-off customer and Syed made it better in a matter of minutes. TYVM.

Hi Kenny,

Original review: March 31, 2022

Michelle (customer representative) immediately understood my accidental overcharge. Without hesitation she took care of the mater right away then explained the situation in a very professional manner. She made me feel like I was Important, resulting in a ZERO stress interaction.

Hi Chad,

Original review: March 30, 2022

We found information needed to get unclaimed money. We got our check. We were able to locate Rogers info needed for proof. Thank you! We found it before the government did. We sent them screenshots connecting him with the info we found. We were able to get our unclaimed money without having to go through social security, BMV, or IRS.

Hi Roger,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating. We really appreciate your business.

Original review: March 28, 2022

In terms of cost for service, this is the way to go. Way better value than the competitors and they give more comprehensive information without gating too much behind a paywall. We were satisfied by the service and when we ended our subscription, the customer service helped us through it no problem! Would recommend!

Hi Kyle,

Original review: March 22, 2022

I found it to be relatively easy to cancel my account, but I did not know that I could opt-out of the search records of BeenVerified until I emailed a 2nd time to have my account information deleted. I would have thought that it would have been brought up when I requested to cancel my account. And I thought the follow-up emails were helpful and easy to understand.

However, even though BeenVerified had been using my Paypal account info up to then (with my permission) to charge my account, I was told that going forward, BeenVerified would not use my info any further but that I had no option to actually have them remove my info from their database. This is what I was told in their email reply to me "Please be advised that as a user/subscriber, your personal information was never made available to the public, but is retained solely as required to comply with the law." Not sure what law is being referred to, but it makes no sense to me.

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your review. We take your privacy concerns very seriously. If you would like to have your information removed you are welcome to use our opt-out link here: www.beenverified.com/optout

If you need any additional assistance, please email support@beenverified.com.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I really cannot thank BeenVerified enough! I was able to recover my stolen cattle dog (blue heeler) the 1st time I used your service in the winter of 2020 and again, in 2022, the service has helped my dad (age 79) find a longtime friend, whom he lost contact with during covid-19 pandemic. I have recommended this to others.

Hi Ellen,

We really appreciate you sharing your experience with us more importantly locating your dog and your dads' longtime friend! We are so grateful for your 5-star review. Thanks for sharing your rating with us and the community.

Original review: March 14, 2022

I bought a month of service because I mistakenly thought a VIN number would reveal the titleholder. Because of privacy laws, it did not. I notified the owners, and requested a refund. They refunded my money within hours, which I very much appreciated, as I live on a pension. I highly recommend their service, and these ethical and conscientious owners.

Hi Carol,

Original review: March 12, 2022

Five star customer service! Mohammed was incredibly helpful when my email was hacked and they created and charged a Been verified account. He helped me correct the situation, cancel my account, process the refund and gave me the reassurance that they would not be able to use the account again in the future. He also completed this process very efficiently and effectively. I am recovering from spine surgery and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate how they helped me fix this error. Thank you Mohammed and BeenVerified!

Hi Meghan,