2.71/5
Based on 1,427 ratings submitted in the last year

1733 Avas Flowers Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I would rate them -100 Stars, if I could! Dealing with Avas Flowers was a nightmare and has been the worst experience of my life! I ordered a large arrangement of flowers for a dear friend's memorial service. I requested that an invoice be emailed to me, yet I only received an email that the order was delivered... when it never was!!! I have contacted the funeral home several times, and my order was never delivered!!! They also spelled my friend's name totally wrong, and the flowers that I ordered were incorrect on the delivery email.

They were also supposed to email me a copy of the information that I gave them to put on the sympathy card, which was an extra $3.99 and $4.99 for a bow, as well as a photo of the flowers. I was placed on hold for long periods of time, and finally requested to speak to a supervisor. I have no idea if I spoke to a supervisor, he just said that he was one. They only offered me a 10% discount. Disgraceful!!! Beware of them and never order from them!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I called Avas Florist at 877-638-3303. I placed an order for a floral arrangement for $37.99. I clearly asked the representative if the number I called was an actual florist shop in Passaic, New Jersey and she assured me they were. I stated that I did not want to place an order from an online floral shop as any intermediary take off cut of the arrangement. She told me my total was $70.00. I was shocked, how do you go from $37.00 to $70.00. She told me She had added a large greeting card and other items I had never asked for. I eliminated all those items.

I sent the arrangement to my daughter for her anniversary. I went to her house the same day and was shocked to see a tiny little round vase with only a few dismal flowers. I was humiliated. I called immediately and the representative hung up on me when I said I was dissatisfied with the arrangement. I sent an email. No one has returned my calls or responded to my emails. This company lies and cheats, do NOT use Avas Flowers.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

First, I was searching for a florist in the area I wanted flowers delivered. I got Avas Flowers and called to place an order. The man who helped me was rude, had no idea what he was doing and not helpful. Second, the flowers were delivered a day later than promised and NOTHING like what I ordered. I wish I could post pictures but I was so humiliated. I wanted my mom to know how much she means to me and she got a small bouquet of roses in colors I didn't order with a plain jane vase. I ordered a $75 bouquet with yellow roses, white lilies, greenery and purple flowers and a beautiful blue vase. Now I can't even reach them. They hang up on me before I can even tell them what my issue is. I tried the call-back system because I transferred and on hold for 20 minutes. I got a call-back and was disconnected before a person even came on the line. Please DO NOT order from this company. They are horrible.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

0n August 5, 2019, I order a flower from Avas for my mother's funeral: the flowers were to arrive before, noon August 10, 2019: I were at my mother's viewing on that Friday but, no flower were delivered until, after I had left the funeral home: I did not get to see the flowers until, that next day at my mother's funeral: the flowers were mostly missing, and the bow was wrinkle, and torn: the flower were a disgraced, and an insult to our family: everyone were talking about the flower, at the church by my mother's coffin: I contacted Avas on that Monday after, I had arrived back home where I lived, to ask for a total refund, and to tell them the condition of the flower:

I were on the phone with different ones, a half a day until, I demanded to speak to a manager after, making several calls over and over again: the manager only offered me $25.00 dollars back, instead off the full refund amount: instead of the manager saying that he was sorry for my loss, and sorry for the damage flowers, this is all that he said to me with no other explanation on why, $25.00 dollars, and not my $145.79 that I had paid them for my mother's funeral flowers: I have disputed the charges with my bank, to let them get my money back: this company needs to be sued out of business, and are unfit to be in business, and are a total ripoff fraud company: do not ever do business with this company because, they are a total fraud company, and a rip off business:

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I ordered flowers for a sick friend. I didn't want a middleman like 1-800-Flowers, who are very reputable. I wanted a local Boca Raton florist. I thought I had that. I picked the flowers and the website confirmed with the matching photo what I had purchased. WRONG! Not even close. I knew something was a scam when they attached a $15 service and handling fee. WHAT?! I contacted them with this problem. They replied this was what I ordered.

I emailed them back that I would share my experience online, contact the BBB and my credit card...they phoned three hours later. The man offered me a 10% discount - just under $5. I said either he can discount it to what it was worth about $20 bucks or he can eat the whole bill. He also insisted their website says they can substitute. I agreed - substitute with other flowers - NOT AIR! He also told me when they take the photo they pull all the bouquets flowers to the front. Mine were spread out. Oh my this guy at least made me laugh he thought I was stupid. I had AMEX freeze the charge. DO NOT USE THESE SCAMMERS!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Oh My God, literally. The only reason I chose one star was because there is nothing less. I looked up florist on laptop and they were close to funeral home. I called and repeated what I wanted 3 times. A unique funeral piece, bowl or square vase w/ 3 Birds of Paradise, staggered bamboo lengths and fresh flowers w/ colors of B. of P. When you order the birds they are suppose to be open so you see the flower and the colors of orange, yellow, purple and blue. I wanted greenery at the bottom of container and other flowers standing tall at least 3 times the height of container but staggered. Associate did not understand. Okay, get a dish garden for the greenery and place all the other as explained. I GOT A 3" deep dish Garden, in a round woven basket W/ 3 closed birds of paradise W/ a sprig of white daisies. How on earth would a "designer" let something like that leave the shop.

I've been around flower shops all my life. So very sorry and embarrassed. No one should ever go through this. I called my Discover card # and complained. They refunded the money but in meantime had to have lots of info. Six months later charge was returned to Discover and said Avas delivered an arrangement. "Arrangement", was that what it was? After Discover settled I tried to call to talk to the Family Owned Business person and got New Jersey of all places. For 2 hours on the phone I finally, after being hung up on once, got to someone that said they would stop sending emails trying to get me to purchase from them again! Never should anyone. They are very unprofessional. They are not concerned with their customers.

All they want to do is take an order and get your money. I told them I did not want to place an order, I wanted them to stop emailing me, 4 times. No one could do that at the shop. It took New Jersey! They are unaccredited and are not worried with details of orders. Their advertising says they are the largest in the area and country. Really! How? I want to see them close so badly I told them everyone I talk to I will tell them how they did not follow description. How long can this go on?

Kathy **. Bonifay, FL

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I ordered a flowering house plant online a week in advance for my sisters birthday who lives in Houston, Texas. The day after I received a call from them stating they did not currently have the plant I ordered in stock, so would I accept a different plant. When I told them I didn't know what that plant looked like I was treated as if I was ignorant for not knowing a specific type of plant. I finally said yes as long as it's nice I don't care. The birthday came and went and I heard nothing from my sister concerning the gift. The next morning received an email stating they failed to deliver the item so they were offering 15% off my next order. The following day around 530pm (Houston time) I called and asked my sister how she liked the plant, to find out she still hadn’t received anything.

So I called the Avas customer service line to receive a surprised assistant that said, ”it wasn't delivered?” Then I was placed on hold forever to finally be told they couldn't get ahold of their delivery person. So I finally said just cancel my order only to be told, “We can't because it ”could” be on the truck and they have until 7pm to deliver it. So if it's not delivered today (a day late) call us back and we will cancel and refund your money.” Keep in mind it's 530pm in Houston. I will never ever order from this place again and hope you won't either.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I ordered a sympathy plant for the death of a loved one’s family. I found out that It wasn’t going to be a good time to send something. I went into the customer service part of the site and clicked “cancel order”. I put in my information. It pops up saying I can’t it, please call the 877 number. They advertise easy cancellation if the order is placed within 24 hours. I tried to cancel within 8 hours online. I try it again in the morning and it’s still less than 24 hours. Still won’t let me do it online.

I sit for 15 minutes going through dozens of prompts then wait in dead air for a person to come on the line. She tells me the order is out for delivery. Ummm, no, it’s not because it’s not due to go out for more than another day from now! So she puts me on hold 3 times and tells me I have to pay a $15 service fee! Well, I was no longer nice or patient. I told her I’m not paying that, she insisted that I am. So I told her that I would never ever order from there again and I would be placing reviews of my awful awful experience! So here we are. I should have been paid $15 for my aggravation and time!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Selected specific flower arrangement for same day delivery with a balloon add-on. Not only did they not deliver same day, they changed the entire flower arrangement and they did not send a balloon. So be prepared for delivery terms not being met, flowers being arbitrarily changed out to whatever they like not what you ordered, add ons like balloons not being included with order, and understand they are not local - they are very deceitful by saying they are local to your delivery location ---- they are not. The entire operation is a scam - very deceitful. I cannot believe the business practices. BUYER BEWARE. And good luck getting customer service on the phone - you will need 1.5 hours of time.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Proceed with extreme caution! I ordered a peace lily plant on 8/10/19 at 11 a.m. This plant was for my aunt who passed away on the 5th of August. I ordered online and was depending on the plant to be delivered to the funeral home the day of the service. The service was scheduled for 1 p.m. on the 12th of August. I called the funeral home at 11:30 on the day of the funeral, only to be told that the plant was not delivered.

I immediately called Avas Flowers to inquire about the delivery. I went through all of the automated systems and recordings which took about 10 minutes. Eventually I got a "live" person on the phone. She put me on hold and researched the matter, only to tell me that the plant had NOT been delivered. I was in a moment of shock. She apologized and put me on another hold. She came back on the call and asked for addresses of the family members or the church, saying they could deliver right then. I did not have any addresses at that moment. I also, told her that I thought it would be inappropriate to deliver a flower at the church at the last minute. It was a very stressful and disappointing moment. The only thing the agent did was apologize in a matter of fact way. I ended up canceling the order. I only wish I had checked reviews before going through this trauma on the day of my aunt's funeral.

Avas Flowers Company Information