1.05/5

1414 Avas Flowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 12, 2019

I placed an online order for flower basket for my mom's birthday. They called me a few hours after the order placed and said they would need to charge an additional 20.00 to deliver. I had already paid online, including a delivery charge for the date I selected. When I said, "No, I would not pay more, just cancel the order entirely," they said they would still deliver on time and give me a $20.00 store credit; but I would have to give them my credit card information again so they could redo the order. I hung up and they continued to try to call me.

Original review: March 10, 2019

My experience with Avas Flowers goes as follows. Failed to deliver flowers ordered to my 80 year old mother on her birthday. Failed to notify me of no delivery, via phone, email or even the tracking portal, which continued to say delivery pending even the next day. Failed to tell me over the phone, after two calls and a half hour of holding, on the evening of the scheduled delivery why the flowers weren't delivered, but instead suggested I call back the next day. Failed to contact me about a potential re-delivery the day after, but instead took the money out of my bank and made me call and hold and call and hold and hold to ask for a refund, only to be disconnected before confirming that a refund would occur, and then did not call back to finalize the process.

Failed with their reply to the email I sent asking about the refund with loads of lip-service buzz-words, as if refunding my money is doing me a favor. Failed by sending an automated email telling me it could take ten days for the refund to go through, when it only took them one day to process the charge. Failed to honestly advertise their reviews on their site (will attach a photo). Ava used lip-service buzz-words in their correspondence with me like quality, service, satisfaction, priority, commitment and guarantee-care. Where I come from, only a full refund, a complimentary rescheduled delivery and an apology to my mom could back up boasts of of those standards. I'd rather wade through poison ivy and ticks to pick thistle and Queen Anne's lace myself from the field behind my house next time I need a bouquet than order from Avas Flowers.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: March 9, 2019

On March 7th I ordered online flowers for my wife for the March 8th. The flowers supposed to be delivered before 7pm. On March 8th around 5-6 pm I called them to find out where are my flowers, and the chain of lies started: they know nothing about the order, the local office dont answer, they will deliver the order next day etc etc... After a couple of hours on the phone with them they told me that they did an attempt and my wife didnt pick up the phone, which is not true, another lie.

Next day I called them to get my money back, they said will charge me for that attempt, I asked them what number they called and they told me a wrong number, different from the number on the file. I told them it's their fault calling a wrong number, and they lied again, telling me that they didnt call my wife at all, because didnt want to ruin the surprise!!! They dont want to do a full refund, they want to charge me for that so-called attempt, which never happened!!! It's amazing how this company is still on the market. Dont work with this company, you will be surprised how many lies you'll hear from them. It's my worst experience, if you dont want to have your event ruined, dont work with them and dont give them your money!!!

Original review: March 8, 2019

Asked for specific plant for funeral. Told they had it after spelling it out twice for them. They sold us the wrong plant probably figuring we wouldn’t notice. Then customer rep I reported this to insisted even after seeing the picture of what we got, insisted they sent the correct plant. So I was not told the truth twice by their customer support.

I called AGAIN, and the rep told me they would reprimand the rep. They would give 15% of $115 back and $20 store credit. Not what I call a fair resolution. If I ordered a pair of pants and was sent a pair of shorts, shouldn’t I get a refund or the correct item? After debating this I contacted them AGAIN and I was told there was nothing else they can do. All I can say is SHOP LOCAL! Anytime you can. And don’t go with Avas for flowers/plants etc. I had a complaint the last time I ordered from them as well. They sent the wrong vase. I should not have given them a second chance.

Original review: March 8, 2019

The flowers delivered did not look anywhere close to what was on the web. Also they made it appear they were local which is why I selected them. Horrible customer service - never called back and emailed them 4 times before I got a generic response. Never did get a credit back at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: March 8, 2019

This place is a joke, the arrangement I ordered for a child's funeral was the wrong colors, the card was spelling incorrect after I spelt everything for the man I spoke too, I was also very specific with what colors I wanted and said they could do that. When I called to complain the woman stated I needed to call within 24hrs, when you are dealing with a death of a small child, the viewing and funeral you do not have time to call immediately to complain. She was very rude and I will never this place again.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Be aware! Run away! Please do not do business with these scammers! They delivered Valentine’s Day flowers two days late, nothing like what we paid $115 for, and they were all half dead! No Customer Service, no call back, and when I disputed the charges with my bank they would call three times an hour every hour! This scam is to get you to admit that they were delivered, and then inform you that the delivery date, according to the Fine print, Is not guaranteed! On Valentine’s Day! This company is a scam! There is a reason they only have one star on Yelp and this site, with hundreds of reviews. Run away fast!

Original review: March 7, 2019

Flowers were ordered for a funeral Jan 10,2019. Two out of the 3 types of flowers in arrangement were wilted. Verbal complaint was made via Customer Service Dept. Was told I would get a call back. No call after 5 days; I called again and got a recording that indicated complaint was being worked on. Checked credit card statement for 2 billing cycles. No refund was issued as a credit. Called 3/7/19. I was told it had been 2 months since I made initial complaint; Louis said too much time has passed. He could not help me. Asked to speak to supervisor; was told none available. Poor product and very poor customer service.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Due to the sudden death of a family member and the quick funeral arrangements, we did a web search for a local florist to order our floral arrangement. Upon calling AVAS, they assured us that they were local and the order would be delivered on time. It turned out that they were not local and the order was never received but we were charged. We disputed the charges but somehow we were to show proof of non-receipt. They won the dispute due to the fact that they could deliver to the floral room of the funeral home without a signature. The flowers were not at the funeral nor did any family member ever receive them. If you wish to use this florist, be sure to read their guidelines and warranties. They are such that AVAS is covered for late or non deliveries.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I ordered birthday flowers for my Mother online 2 weeks prior to her birthday. The flowers were delivered on time however the arrangement was less than half the size as the ones "as shown". I emailed them immediately to rectify my order and a representative emailed me back saying they would address it within 24 hours. 48 hours later I called them to inquire about the status of my complaint and they said they would be delivering a replacement bouquet that day. The replacement bouquet never arrived so I called them again the following morning and they said they wouldn't be issuing the replacement bouquet but would give me another $7.

I asked the manager I was speaking with if she considered the bouquet I received worth the money I paid and she refused to answer me. I had tried Avas because I thought it was a local florist so assumed I would receive decent service but unfortunately from what I experienced, they seem to be a large chain masquerading as a "family owned and operated" business.

Original review: March 6, 2019

DO NOT ORDER FLOWERS FROM THEM... YOU WILL BE EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!!! My husband ordered me flowers on Valentine's Day, and since then, I have been dealing with a complaint against Avas Flowers for not delivering the product as guaranteed online, and poor quality arrangement delivered the next day. I have been working with two different people of who thought it was ok to offer a $10 in store credit to an unknown location and then provide a 15% refund ($16.48) for an arrangement that cost $153.47. The flowers delivered were wilted, the vase hardly had water in it, the balloons were deflated and the arrangement did not last past the weekend, even though it was delivered on 2/15/19, the day after Valentine's Day.

The company is not willing to work with you, even though they have a standard process listed online if you are not satisfied with your product. Not only do they not work with you, but make it very hard to get in contact with them once your purchase is made. I hate that I have to rate them at all, as they really are not worthy of even the 1 star that I gave them. I'm glad you are reading this review, your money is worth better than this, take it somewhere else where you will receive better quality, more professional customer service, and overall a much better experience!

Original review: March 6, 2019

I ordered a birthday basket of flowers for my sister in La Habra. I ordered $75.00 worth of flowers and specifically asked that there be no balloons, teddy bears, etc. Just flowers and a card. They assured me that it would be delivered the next morning before noon. At noon it still wasn't delivered. It finally arrived at 4:00 and it consisted of 2 yellow daylilies, some alstroemeria, 3 carnations and a bunch of greenery with a big "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" balloon. For $75.00! This place is a rip although with their automated answering service and courteous salespeople, they make it seem as if you are ordering from a top level florist. CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Original review: March 5, 2019

Really wish I was able to give zero stars, and angry with myself for not reading reviews before ordering. A family friend died suddenly so I sent a funeral spray through Avas to the funeral home since the services were out-of-town and I was unable to attend. I ordered days ahead of the service (which was 2:00 p.m. on a Friday) and was told by Avas that it was not an issue getting them there on time. Friday night, I received a text around 6:50 p.m. stating that my floral spray had JUST arrived. Both the funeral and the visitation were over at this point, and the family never received my flowers.

I called Avas and they "tried to call the florist" but were unable to reach them...but Avas would not give me the name of the local florist which they used. I called the funeral home myself on Friday night and was told that there was no way to know at that point if my flowers were there because all the flowers had already been removed from all the service suites/rooms. I contacted Avas again (after being told I WOULD FOR SURE RECEIVE A PHONE CALL ON SATURDAY AFTER THEY CALLED THE FUNERAL HOME) and the only thing they could do was offer me $15 off a future order. I spent well over $100 for flowers which never arrived to their intended recipient. February 2019.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Much the same experiences and outcomes as MANY before me. Terrible customer service: inaccessible, unresponsive, unprofessional, untruthful in their FEW responses. Should have googled their reviews PRIOR to ever placing an order. Flowers wilted the next morning after arriving a day late. All emails and texts 'documented' wrong delivery date!

Original review: March 4, 2019

I ordered a sympathy arrangement to arrive on a Sunday, March 3, 2019, for a funeral service in Gastonia, North Carolina. I ordered it on a Monday to have it delivered on a Sunday. That gave them six days at least to plan the logistics of the delivery. The website tracking page still has a note that says the delivery confirmation is pending. The arrangement was quite expensive. A person answered an email once and subsequent emails were not answered. There is no way of tracking if it was actually delivered or not. This website promises weekend day deliveries which makes it a perfect scam, because most florists do not. I think someone should shut them down. After the fact I did research on them, something I have never had to do while ordering flowers online and have seen that this has happened to others. It is a shame that nobody has shut them down.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I ordered flowers for a funeral thinking I was connecting with a "Mom & Pop" florist in the same town as the funeral. Not so. Avas is a national rip-off misrepresenting themselves as a local establishment. It cost us lots of money for a tiny, little, nothing bouquet of flowers. Avas ripped us off as well as the local shop they called to fill our order. DO NOT USE AVAS FLOWERS -- EVER!!!

Original review: March 3, 2019

I went with Avas Flowers over other companies because they stated "Same Day Delivery." Upon checkout, it still gave me the same day as an option and confirmed my order. I needed the bouquet to be there on Saturday. Not only was it not delivered on Saturday but it won't even get there until Monday. When I called Customer Service I was told "well sometimes we cannot always meet same day delivery." The same day should not have been an option if that is the case. I asked to cancel the order since it was not delivered as promised and was told that was not an option. I asked to speak to a manager and was told they are all too busy to talk to me. Very disappointing. Highly recommend you do not go with this company!

Original review: March 3, 2019

Premium basket was ordered with three large Hydrangea with six blooms and 3 to 5 green plants in a large basket. Sent on hydrangea in a small basket/nothing like the picture. Hung up on when called in. Very rude nothing like picture. Have pictures to show comparison told that is is "close". They scam you.

Original review: March 3, 2019

THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH! I should have went with my intuition after placing this order... Just did not feel comfortable with how it went. I ordered two of the same flower arrangements for the funeral service for my husband. I specifically stated that they had to be delivered to the church by noon for the service that started at 1:00 P.M. I had to call from the church to inquire where they were. They had the name of the church correct as well as the street address but the wrong city! Fortunately the city they went to was a suburb of where the church was located and they were able to get the flowers to the church by 1:00 P.M. But, they only delivered one arrangement and not 2 which I ordered and paid for.

When I called the next day they told me I only ordered one arrangement. I told the person that I was looking at my email from them stating two arrangements and the cost. I was told I would have to wait 24 hours for someone to get back to me so they could check who signed for them. I said what difference does that make, the flowers were not there as promised by noon. I finally had to call back myself after 24 hours and no call from Avas. I was told I would get a refund for the arrangement I did not receive but it was not for the amount I paid. When I questioned the amount they said they do not return the service charge or the tax! She said there were 2 separate orders.

I ordered 2 of the same arrangements and paid for 2 of the same... Why were they separate orders? Supposedly the 2nd arrangement was delivered at 4:00. Why would I have a separate arrangement delivered at 4:00 for a service that was held a 1:00. I asked for her supervisor. She said she was the supervisor. I told her she works for a terrible company and she was doing a very poor job of taking care of their customers. I turned it over to my credit card company to handle. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE COMPANY... NEVER ORDER FROM AVAS!!!

Original review: March 2, 2019

The absolute worst product and customer service I’ve ever experienced with a florist! Arrangement was nothing like advertised picture, less flowers, different flowers and much cheaper flowers than what I paid for. I called for refund and after 20 mins (they agreed arrangement wasn’t what I ordered) all they would offer was 10% refund. I will never order from them again. Go somewhere else!

Original review: March 2, 2019

The flowers I ordered and what arrived were nothing remotely close to one another - paid for a beautiful bouquet and what was delivered was a total of about 10 carnations. Despite what their site claims, they make no option of refund, replacement, or really anything at all. Numerous thing posted on their site make them sound like a great company to deal with, I now know that it's all lies. Basically I spent $50 for a bouquet worth very little money. Avoid this company!

Original review: March 1, 2019

Wish I had looked for reviews before ordering from Avas Flowers. Website made it look like it was a local florist, but it is not. Ordered a plant for same day delivery, but it was not delivered. When I called late in the day, I was told it would be delivered the next day, even though I had paid a higher delivery charge for same day service. The representative apologized and said he would give me a discount and assured me the plant would be delivered first thing the next morning. It still was not delivered by mid-day the next morning. When I called, I was told it would be delivered the next day! I said I wanted the order cancelled. The rep, again apologetically tried to persuade me not to cancel and said she would make sure it was delivered that afternoon instead of the next day. I insisted on cancellation. Received cancellation notice, now hoping my credit card really will be credited so I don't have to deal with that.

Original review: March 1, 2019

To re-state others’ comments, this is a call center purporting to be “local”, “family owned 30 years.” My order to a sick grandchild was never delivered. Finally, after their promise to reorder, blah, blah. And 5 phone calls thru a lengthy phone tree, I requested a refund, then another long song and dance. If I don’t receive a full refund, will report to as many consumer alerts as I can.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I ordered flowers for my daughter's birthday and specified they be there by 1pm. I get a confirmation email at 1:05 stating they were delivered then at 1:48 I get a text from the delivery driver who cannot find the business. States she can deliver them the following day or Monday. I said, "No that's past her birthday. I'll just get a refund." I called Avas and spoke with Alex who was argumentative and insisted the flowers were there. The delivery driver stated 2 different areas where she left the flowers and they were not at either area. It's a library annex beside the emergency services department who keep their door locked.

I asked 2 of the officers if any flowers were received in their dept. Both policemen state there wasn't and even looked for them. All the while I have Alex on the phone who states Nena the driver wouldn't lie. But 2 officers will??? Alex asked, "What do you want me to do?" Really??? I want a refund!!! I had to go to my bank and dispute the charges. I would NEVER use them again or recommend for anyone else to use them.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Ordered get well flowers at 3 pm EST and wanted them delivered locally the same day, yesterday. I was told even though the placed order said I could have same day delivery that it was not possible after I bought the flowers. It is now over 24 hours later and still no delivery. I have tried repeatedly to follow up on the delivery and the service helpline cannot even get the florist to respond to their calls to see where things stand. Pretty lame service and I can get this crappy service from ProFlowers... I thought they were a small, family owned business and cared about providing good service. I guess I was wrong. Avoid them like the plague.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Late delivery and the flowers were not delivered on time. They suck!!! Terrible customer support and never returned my call as promised when I called the fourth time to check on status. They should be shut down as they are scammers. Person I placed the order with seemed nice and helpful when taking the order but they did not follow through as promised.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I ordered a bouquet of flowers a week in advance for Valentine's Day, on Valentine's Day I got an email saying my flowers were delivered. Come to find out the flowers were never delivered, when I called the customer service number no one picked up and they said they had high call volume and to send an email. I sent an email and never got a response back. I've never dealt with a company like this, it's a scam! After reading other reviews I can't believe this company has not been shut down. DO NOT ORDER FLOWERS FROM AVAS FLOWERS!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I ordered flowers for our friend in Green Valley, Arizona and was promised delivery today (February 26, 2019), but the delivery was never made. I tried to call them and was disconnected three times - spoke to Jose and Diego they said their names were. Then I received two emails saying that the delivery was made, which was not true because our friend received nothing. Tomorrow I intend to contact my credit card company to dispute the charge made on my credit card. My advice to anyone thinking of using this company is to not do it and find a reputable florist instead.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

This has been the worst experience EVER. I ordered flowers for my daughter to be delivered to her new job. She never received them because Avasflowers.com is nothing more than a call center for florists. They make upwards of 35% for their "service." My daughter got a voicemail that the florist was trying to deliver her flowers... However, Avas got the address wrong 5 times... FIVE TIMES. They lied about contacting the florist (who I contacted personally from the voicemail that was left on my daughter's phone). And the florist had had no contact other than the emails she sent. Avas flowers had the audacity to offer me an upgrade and $20 dollars to "make it right." It should have been right the first time... Negative 50 stars!!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Ordered 12 yellow roses for my Sister after she had to put her 18 year old dog down. Order was delivered a day late and was uneven, and they were not consistent, some were completely open and not fresh. Others were just barely OK. Wasted $100.00. Avas was unwilling to replace.

Avas Flowers Company Information