1.07/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1243 Avas Flowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I ordered over $700 worth of sympathy flowers for my brother funeral and wanted the bleeding heart arrangement especially. The bleeding heart was delivered to the church with the other arrangement but the stand they used was too weak to hold the arrangement and it fell to the floor. We tried to display it but it was full of water and started to leak so we had to dispose of it. I was so upset with the cheap stand they used to display this arrangement I contacted the consumer protection agency of Maryland and got my money back. (Over $200). I will never use them again for any flower orders. Please be advised they lie about what they provide and we caught them in so many lies they had no other choice but to give me my money back. Avas Flowers is the worst.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I ordered flowers from Avas on Dec. 20th. Checking my email on Dec. 21. I found 2 emails > 1, called your home. Please call (no number on my phone log went to Avas) 2. Order out for delivery. I assumed it had arrived. On Dec. 22 my order showed "no status available". I called and was told they had no fresh flowers to arrange. I could get the order in one week. The recipient would not be home then so I cancelled. Even though they had no fresh flowers, thus NO handling and arranging, they would not refund the $17.92 for this fee. POOR PRACTICE WITH THIS COMPANY and not right to punish customer because you had no fresh flowers to arrange.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Placed an order for delivery to a funeral service four days in advance. Upon attending the service, discovered that flowers were not delivered. Only after returning home did I receive a message that "they could not find anyone to make the delivery". REALLY? This is just totally unacceptable. Made no offer to compensate for their screw up. Will never use this florist again...

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I received a text saying my order was delivered but it wasn't. Then I call customer service. The first time I was left on hold until the call ended then I met a rude agent that yelled at me and said, "I told you we were closed. Call back tomorrow," when I asked for a refund. Why do you have customer service if they are of no service?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I ordered a large spray to be delivered on Saturday for my sister's funeral that had a big bow as well as a banner. It showed up on Friday, was a small wreath, a tiny ribbon on the side, and no banner. Unfortunately, the people creating the arrangement don't care because they drop off and leave. I am waiting for them to fix this... It is hard as it is already and to not get what you ordered is frustrating. Fix it or stop running a shady and upsetting business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I tried to place an order on 12/28/2018 and call customer service to do so at 1-855-766-9114. I was told the price we see online is not correct with the photo that we as customers see and think we are ordering. There was a bear under the floral arrangement section and it had three flowers. The lady on the phone states that it will not come with three flowers. It will come with one. I told her, "It while your picture has three" and she says that, "That is not what you will be getting when you order it." In addition she added $10 to the price. It was $34.99 and it now became $44.99. The price I'm seeing was not honored. Terrible customer service. Don't waste your money ordering at Avas.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

They didn't have the flowers shown on website and notified me later. I said fine... will go with designer's choice as long as they stayed with the same color scheme. However, they used a completely different color scheme; one my daughter-in-law doesn't like. They were delivered on time, but I didn't know about the wrong colors until I asked my son why I hadn't heard back. He took a picture and sent it to me. When I contacted Avas, they said sorry, no recourse because I didn't let them know in 48 hours. They were insulting and simply horrible. I ordered the premium arrangement and asked them to simply send their smallest in the right color scheme to replace it, but they refused. It was a shocking experience. When I checked online, I saw they have a terrible reputation. Their name simple came up first in Google, so I gave them a try. I've used 1-800-Flowers in the past and always had wonderful experiences. I'll use them again or go local.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

First they pretend to be a local florist in NH. Ordered a sympathy basket for 119.00. It was shipped in a box not hand delivered. Nothing like what was pictured. Looked more like it cost ten bucks. Worst part was they shipped it to me instead of the grieving family. Called right away. Sat on hold. Finally a recording came on saying they don’t take calls - you would have to schedule a callback. Two weeks later still no call. Emailed them. Answer back was, "Sorry for the inconvenience." Really??? Shipped to wrong place and that is all the help you give. "Sorry for inconvenience." Save your money. Stay away from Ava’s Flowers. Huge rip off. Not to mention they tack on a 18.75 service fee which was not mentioned. Worst ever.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Flowers were supposed to be delivered in California on Dec 24th 2018. There was no warning of a possible late delivery. I called customer service today (27th) and they put me on hold 3 times while talking to them for 35 minutes. I said I want a refund and they said they don't do refunds. It is now 4 pm on the 27th and still no flowers. This company has a problem delivering on time. Their website still says delivery scheduled on the 26th. Terrible customer service by putting me on hold and then the supervisor put me on hold... And then the phone line went dead.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

On the 22nd of December, I had place TWO individual orders to my sisters in New Jersey. To Janie (there was no red vase nor no festive balloon that I paid for, also missing was white roses and evergreen spruce leaves and pine cones within the flower arrange as ordered.) This was delivered on the 24/12/18.

Artist's Design: Winter Wonderland. Option: Medium - Including Vase ( not Received- red Vase) Similar as possible, same look and feel (not received as ordered). Code: XMAS-03-D 1 62.99 Mylar Balloon (Not received). Option: Festive. Code: BALL-X 1 6.99 Colored Vase. Option: RED (Not received). Code: VASE-X 1 4.99. Subtotal 74.97 Taxes 5.80 Service Fee 18.95 Total 93.42. Paid in full credit card, 22/12/18. (Was not delivered as paid per invoice and what was delivered is not what was ordered, and missing Vase, Balloon as well. Delivery was on the 26/12/18.

Second sister: Lori. Artist's Design: Winter Wonderland. Option: Medium - Including Vase. Similar as possible, same look and feel (The flowers were ALL white, Daisy, completely different to what I ordered and invoice). I want full refund to my credit card, this is disgraceful, and I emailed back to AVAS when it was delivered 24/12 daytime and no response on the AVAS website and there is no email option to contact their customer service for international orders. Code: XMAS-03-D 1 62.99 Greeting Card Service 2.99. Subtotal 65.98 Taxes 5.63 Service Fee 18.95. Total 90.56. Avas Flowers - Paid in full credit card, on the 22/12/18. The two orders I have pictures from my sisters to what was delivered and confirm missing from the paid invoice. Therefore, I will be contacting my credit card company to advise that I did not receive what I paid for and request a full refund regarding, consumer rights act.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

First understand that Avas Flowers is NOT your local florist, despite how they advertise themselves on search engines! Now, I, like many others here, was duped by Avas Flowers with their "same/next day" delivery. The flowers were not delivered the next day for Christmas Eve. Backstory (to set apart my tldr review): My girlfriend just lost her mother the day before Thanksgiving and it was her first Christmas without her. I had to be out of town and couldn't be with her, so I wanted something to make it up to her and let her know I was there for her. Seeing these reviews, I decided to cancel my order for a full refund, but they wouldn't give it to me. I made them.

Here's advice if Avas did this to you too. Call them first. If you want the full refund (and you do, because forget Avas and just go through a local florist - or a Walmart lol), your bank will likely need you to speak to the merchant first as part of their dispute process. To call them, ignore their phone menu. If you try to modify your order or else, you'll likely just get a dropped call or "sent an email" and never get one. Call to "order flowers" and ask to speak to someone about a refund. They'll pick up right away if you're "placing an order". ;) Demand the refund. You probably won't get far, but that's okay.

Call your bank. Start a dispute or a "charge back" as I think they're sometimes called. This is mostly to scare them a little. They know they're in the wrong. If they give you a refund of the flowers, the local shop loses their money, but Avas wants keeps the "service" (middle man) fee. They gave no service though. Provide documents to your bank: order confirmation, scheduled delivery confirmations, etc. Call Avas back, or let them call you back. I actually had them call me. Wait for the surrender email. I hope this helps you all. This business is crooked and has terrible customer service. Down with the lucrative flowers black market!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

For so many reasons, please save yourself time, energy, and money and do not buy products and services from Avas. Deceptive pricing with added fees at the last minute - impossible to speak with customer service - multiple missed delivery dates - promised callbacks never made - need I say more. I wish I had seen the rest of the reviews about Avas before I attempted to purchase flowers from them. Please take the advice of one who had to learn the hard way and do not patronize this firm.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Ordered on the 17th for delivery on the 21st. Order never delivered. Called and was told it was pending but no reason why. Was assured it would be delivered on the 24th and spoke to our family and nothing was delivered. A very bad experience for a company prided on customer satisfaction.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Have had 2 experiences with Avas Flowers for deliveries in 2 different states. In trying to find a LOCAL florist via the internet, AVAS pops up and represents themselves as local...they are NOT. First experience after being assured they could do what I requested, the order was NOTHING like requested. Had horrible time trying to get it right and I gave up. Second time a few months later and for Christmas I ordered again thinking I was getting a LOCAL florist. I was NOT and discovered flowers were sent UPS which was a disasters as order delivery delayed by 4 days.

Customer service in trying to find out what had happened to the order could only give me a tracking number and NO other assistance. I believe customer service is a call center with absolutely no connection to a "shop" or whomever is dealing with the specific order. Never never again!!! Beware of thinking they are local when ordering... Or better still, don't ever use Avas!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Ordered from "their website", asked for a picture PRIOR to delivery (NEVER HAPPENED). The flowers were over half dead and COMPLETELY different from what was pictured!!! THEN THEY WANTED the dead flowers back???

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Look elsewhere for your floral needs. I order an item on Friday with next day delivery. No delivery on Saturday and on Sunday, I see that the delivery date is updated to Monday (today). While checking my emails today, I see that Avas Flowers is unable to deliver the arrangement that I had chosen, but would upgrade me to a 'better' arrangement at no cost and deliver on Thursday.

I called to cancel and was told that 'attempts had been made to contact me' about the inability to fulfill my order. I politely informed them that I only received one email (the one from this morning) and that I wanted a refund. They offered to call the recipient to 'wish them a Happy Holiday' for me as well as sending the upgraded arrangement. I told them all I wanted was my refund as I would never be doing business with them again.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

My friend was supposed to get the delivery on 12/22/2018 and she got it the next day and that’s not the biggest issue; the biggest issue is that the arrangement wasn’t even close to the one I ordered. I was on a rush and I didn’t check the reviews. For the first time in my life I feel that I was robbed. When I contacted them they asked to send them pictures which I did. Then, they called me and I didn’t even answer and they left a voicemail telling me that they would give me a $10 credit; and that if I wanted to accept it I had to call them back which I never did.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I ordered the large Christmas tree arrangement to be delivered to my Mom for our Christmas dinner. Ordered on Dec 18, 2018. Asked for delivery on Dec 21, 2018. Ok... got an email and phone call to confirm the delivery date and what was ordered. Good... never delivered. Called on Dec 22, 2018 to find out where the order was since our Christmas dinner was that night (I deliberately scheduled it to be delivered a day before just in case.), and customer service (very nice man) had to put me on long holds three times to find out that the local florist had "run out of flowers and could deliver this on Dec 27, 2018!

I said no and to cancel the order, which he did promptly. I also told him to share with the higher ups that I never got any phone call, text or email that the florist had run out of flowers so that they could not deliver on the date I requested, and I felt that was very poor customer service. Long story short, do NOT order from this company!!! I know I never will again!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Photo shows bouquet advertised vs. delivered. Before placing order, I called customer service to ask if they had the white orchids in stock, because I was only willing to pay this higher price IF the arrangement was as seen and described, with white orchids. Recipient is Hawaiian and lives far from home. I wanted her to have a winter/Christmas blast of the tropics by sending her those white orchids. I was assured by phone rep that the arrangement would include white orchids and NOT have any substitutions.

After seeing friend's photo of actual bouquet she received, I felt it was an epic fail and called customer service to complain. Agent was kind and tried to help, but said that the designer was closed since it was a Sunday. I was asked to send an email with my request and include the photo. When we hung up, I was starting that email, then received a call from a manager at Avas Flowers who said it would be corrected and the RIGHT arrangement with the white orchids would be delivered to my friend today, on a Sunday before Christmas. That is more than I was expecting, so I have to change my rating from 1 star to 4 stars. Will I use Avas Flowers again in the future? Maybe, but I am pleased in the end that they are willing to acknowledge their error and make it right. Delivery area was Potomac, Maryland.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I order what I thought was a beautiful Christmas arrangement to be delivered to my sister in Washington. They arrived on time, but looked nothing like the picture I saw online. Hardly any flowers and arrangement looked like a 10 year old did it. Charged $95.44 which included an $18.50 handling fee. Advertises free delivery, but then charges a handling fee? That was suppose to guarantee me a premium product? Was told they hand picked up the flowers from the grower each day and the arrangement would be stunning. Why wouldn't already be a premium product? I am including photos of what I received and what I thought I was getting. I order a lot of flowers throughout the year and thought if I called someone local to my sister's house, it would produce a better product. Boy was I wrong. I was also told they'd email me a receipt, didn't get it. But my card was charged.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

The flowers received were not even close to what the online photo showed. When I complained they said it was acceptable with their substitution policy. Also though I was dealing with a local florist in Naples Florida. Now I know why they add an $18 service fee. This company is a scam. Wish I saw these reviews before I ordered! DON'T USE AVAS FLOWERS.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I ordered a 20" Christmas Floral tree for $120.00. It was not delivered on the right day. Then when something was finally delivered it was not a floral at all, not Christmas looking, and NOT what I ordered. I will never use Avas Flowers ever again.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Found Avas online. Ordered flowers for a friend's 98th birthday. States in their ad "Free Delivery". That is not true. When I placed my order there was an $18.00 fee... I was told this was not a "delivery fee" but for handling the care & safe handling of the flowers to be delivered. I told them that should always be & should not be a charge. Then my friend tells me they came from another florist. Why was this? NEVER will I order from Avas again. Poor business!!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I'm so mad that I didn't read the reviews prior to my purchase. The bouquet was awful and when I sent them a picture they replied that it met their requirements. What a waste of $70! Don't buy from them! Could have gotten a better bouquet at the grocery store.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Ordered flowers to be sent for Christmas for $44.99. Was told free delivery, what was not told to me is I had a card, bow charge which I am ok with but then I was charged a $18.00 service fee which was not discussed with me either. Was told I would get a receipt sent to my email which I did not receive. Ended up calling to find out where my receipt was as $72.62 had been taken from my bank account. No offer to refund any amount. Just will NEVER use them again! Terrible terrible service!!!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I placed an order on December 13, 2018 with specific instructions to contact my niece prior to delivery to arrange the day and time because of her work schedule. I had to call 3 times to find out why the delivery had not been made as of December 19. I told them they were to provide a new, fresh bouquet and get it delivered ASAP 12/20. I used them last year and had the same problem but decided to try one more time. Never again. They are the worst in customer service.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I ordered flowers to be delivered for my grandmother's funeral and just to be sure that everything was done correctly, I called and gave the details of the order over the phone. I had the feeling that the call was being taken by a big call center based on the noise in the background and also the operator seemed young and inexperienced. Sure enough the flowers did not arrive before the funeral and we got a call much later that day from a lady who was trying to deliver the flowers to a house (not a cemetery) and to a totally wrong name. Since then I have emailed twice and called 4 times trying to process a refund. I was told via email that refunds are only processed on the phone. After being on hold for over 20 minutes, an operator named George told me that the flower shop had closed and I had to call back the next day but that I could speak directly to him.

Well I called, was put on hold for 20 minutes and then the call was terminated with an automated message to call back later. I think I have spoken to three people now and have spent about 60 minutes on hold. Each time the operators have been unprofessional and I have had to start my whole explanation over from the beginning. Honestly, I haven't experienced this bad of customer service ever and I suspect they try to make the process so difficult so that people will give up on their refund. I used to work for a call center many years ago and so I know that this is an unofficial practice. In the end, although this entire situation was not my fault, they only authorized me a 50% refund and when I asked to speak to a manager, he was conveniently not available, another strategy to get me to just give up on the refund. Unbelievable.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My boyfriend had ordered from Avas Flowers twice with no problems whatsoever. We were happy with the flowers and the service. However, this third time when there was a problem with the delivery escalated to be the worst experience we've ever had with a business. My boyfriend ordered flowers for me for our one year anniversary. He waited painstakingly all day for me to thank him for the flowers he ordered to be delivered to my office, but they never came. When I got home he asked me if I got the flowers and I said no. He tried the email he found online and it bounced back. We tried calling and the automated service hung up on us. Finally, almost a week later we got through to an actual human.

We explained the situation and said that I had never received the flowers. They told us the name of a person who had signed for my flowers and they worked in a completely different building than I do. I also was furious that they allowed a stranger to sign for my flowers. By the time I went to that building after finding out my flowers went to the wrong place they had already thrown them away. My phone number was listed on the recipient but neither me or my boyfriend ever received a notification that the flowers were left somewhere not listed on the address provided.

The customer service representative, Janet, was absolutely terrible. I think they outsource their customer service because she could barely speak English and we had to repeat ourselves several times. She blatantly lied to us that the delivery person couldn't access my building so they had to leave them with someone else who then notified me (my building is open 24/7 and I was never notified). She also said she couldn't give us a refund because it was beyond their 3 day window. This was ridiculous since we couldn't even get in contact with them. We asked for her manager to call us back and we never got a call. Avas Flowers for ruined the anniversary surprise and caused us endless hours of stress and anxiety. If you want to throw money down the drain order from them!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I ordered flowers for a birthday. They were delivered 2.5 hours after I received an email they were delivered. The flowers delivered were AWFUL...nothing near to what I ordered. Still fighting for a refund. The arrangement looks like they grabbed a handful of flowers and smashed them into a vase.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I tried to modify my order online because there is no one answering the phones. But they didn't send the modifying email to facilitate that. So there is no way to contact this company. This is a scam. In fact I changed my credit card number because of them. I don't know if flowers will be forthcoming.

Avas Flowers Company Information