3.6/5 (837 ratings)

About Avas Flowers

Avas Flowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

I called Avas Flowers to see if they could deliver a balloon bouquet to a retirement party. I called on Dec. 16th for the bouquet to be delivered on Dec. 21st. Oh yes they could put together a beautiful balloon arrangement. It never got delivered! I had asked for a morning delivery. When I called inquiring I got a lot of excuses and "I'm so sorry", but they could do nothing about it. They told me they were calling the local florist, but could not get anyone to answer the phone there. I asked for the delivery to be moved to the 28th. No delivery on the 28th either. Their website makes it look like they are a local florist in the city you want the delivery to go to. They are not. Do not use Avas Flowers! Your recipient will never get your order. They are awful!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

I ordered a flower bouquet from Romania, through Avas Flowers, to be delivered on Christmas Day at a location in Florida. The cost was very high, as they invoke a special charge for the delivery. I know now that Avas Flowers knew from the beginning that they were not going to send the bouquet they advertised on their website. After I ordered, I got an email stating that bouquets were subject to change. That was followed by another email stating that due to inclement weather conditions, the delivery date may change (in Florida!!!). All these were automatic emails, and not written specifically for our situation by a human person.

Finally, our fears were confirmed when we got a picture of the bouquet that was sent: a much cheaper and very different flower arrangement than the one we had ordered. I wrote a complaint, but as of today, I received no answer. They knew from the very beginning they did not have the bouquet they had advertised. All the professional-looking pictures they put on their website are only meant to attract customers. I seriously advise anyone to do his or her homework before ordering through Avas.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

I order an arrangement for a funeral that was supposed to be a bushel of red berries in a vase. What I got was a vase full of carnations with a few gotten red berries. The picture did not have any flowers in the arrangement. Just red Christmas berries. Was very embarrassing.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2022

On 12/21/2022 I placed a Flowers order for my wife's birthday and to be delivered on the next day. The next day 12/22/2022 I received a confirmation text message stating that has been delivered! Usually I call my wife on her birthday and she did not mention anything about the flowers! I called the next day 12/23/2022 wondering if she received the flowers and she said no! I called Avas Flowers customer services to find out about the delivery and I was put on hold for 25 minutes. At the end told me they are going to investigate the matter. Later in the day, I received a call from Avas providing an option to choose from to postpone the delivery date or to be reimbursed! I asked for reimbursement and they did! The funny thing they removed their advertisement from my social media right away. Be careful and mindful before placing any order with this company as they demonstrated being DISHOENT and LIARS!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2022

Holiday Kiss arrangement ordered, not what was received. Both times no way near what was ordered. Very unsatisfied and disappointed that this company allows this to happen. What Was Ordered: Holiday Kiss (Image won't display here so you can look it up on their website.) 1st Delivery: This one measured from top to bottom a total of 10 inches and the vase looks like it is swallowing the flowers. Two stubby roses included, with a few cheap filler flowers and greens. This looks ridiculous on its own and cannot even compare to what was ordered. Plus, it was delivered to the wrong address. I had to walk in the rain to get it from my neighbor (my name and phone number was on the card). Our doors are clearly marked with our house numbers.

2nd Delivery: This delivery was supposed to correct the first failed order. Again, it does not compare to what was ordered and is so very sloppy. The roses are not fresh and the greens look like they were cut from someone's backyard pine tree. Just awful. I called the florist who delivered them, and they said the order they received from Avas called for 6 roses and greens. That's it. Where is the red vase, where is the ribbon, where are the Christmas greens and the red berries, where is the fullness? Where is the beauty of the arrangement that was ordered. There was no beauty at all. These arrangements are just ugly and both looked like something you would find on clearance in Publix. NOT what was ordered. It is not a nice feeling when you realize you were taken advantage of.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

I have ordered for my friend and paid extra for delivery latest by 2pm. I got a text delivered at 10:30am. No flowers were delivered then call over 9 times and they asked me to keep searching my building. They can not locate the flowers. There is no updates and they can not get in touch with the driver. It really ruins everything and I am mentally stressed out the whole day after many calls. There is no answers on what happen to the flowers and I was asked to just keep waiting..

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

Ordered an $80 arrangement for a bereaved co-worker. What showed up was a sparse arrangement that was so embarrassing! Called customer service and they offered a re-deliver that next day. NEVER HAPPENED!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

I searched for a local florist and this florist came up. They are NOT local. I selected a floral arrangement to be sent on a specific date. The recipient sent me a photo of the arrangement received. Not only was it not even remotely close to what was ordered, the quality was less (cheap carnations) and it was not delivered on the date specified. I opted not to contact them because I wasn't in the mood to go round and round on it. Lesson learned. Normally, I read reviews but this time did not, thinking it would be fine with a small local florist. Mistake. Never again. Do not use this company. They are shady.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

This company is a scam. I ordered a wreath one week ago for my Godmother to be delivered today (Sunday) for the viewing. The called me today (!) to let me know that they would not be able to complete the delivery scheduled for today and asked if it was alright to deliver the wreath tomorrow to the church. When the first customer service rep was unable to admit they changed my original order, I spoke with Pamela the supervisor. She said that the salespeople are unaware that they would not be able to deliver on Sunday, even though they booked me for a Sunday delivery. (A clue to either the disorganization or the mendacity and false business practices of the company). She then informed me that they would also be unable to deliver to the church tomorrow and asked if it was alright to send the arrangement to the family's home sometime.

I believe they thought that I could not cancel since it would be difficult to get any other florist to deliver on time. I refused to be held hostage and insisted on a complete refund. This ended up being a 42 minute call. So, if you want to give a company your money knowing they can, will and have cancelled an order within hours of your delivery, please give them your money. Based upon some of the other reviews, this seems to happen quite often with them.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

I ordered 6 balloons to be delivered to my daughter at her job on her birthday before she got off work at 2:00 pm. I was charged $85 for 6 balloons that were not even delivered! Please do not use this company ever!!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

I call for flower delivery. I chose the flowers and before I place the order I ask it’s go to be delivery today and the ladies tell me yes. They call me 30 min later telling me that they don’t have flowers. I spend like 1 hour on the phone and no flower. They are liars, they don’t care about customer. All they want is get your money. Soon they get your money they call you back and tell you they don’t have flowers. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO MY WORST ENEMY.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2022

NOT LOCAL!!! Recently my sister passed away several states away. Not being familiar with the local florists I googled “local florist is Coleville, Wa”. Ava’s was the first to pop up. The website was campy enough to be a small town website. So I ordered an arrangement and was VERY SPECIFIC to deliver to the funeral home and paid the extra fee for it to arrive by 11 the next day. Well it is 4 days post receiving and 3 days post funeral and no arrangement! There have been phone calls, emails, and yet I cannot get an intelligible person to talk to. I hope I get my $182 back. Terrible device and they are hurting local businesses!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

After calling company a second time to complain of wrong arrangement being delivered, was promised it would be corrected next day. They never sent new flowers. And now can't get anyone to answer for refund.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

Ordered flowers for my sister's birthday in plenty of time, a week before her birthday. Not only could they not get the flowers that were ordered, but they missed her birthday and now it's been two days past her birthday and the flowers are still not delivered. I called to ask for help and they said they couldn't help, it was up to UPS to deliver. Do not order flowers from this business, don't waste your money. They will not refund when they make a mistake.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

I needed flowers delivery on Sunday and I chosen that service. I ordered flowers almost a week in advance. On the day of delivery I received message, that my order was rejected and offered chose another day (next Tuesday). The surprise was ruined, I have not been able to order elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

Do not order from this company. I ordered a simple arrangement and paid $26.00 additional service fee (?) and the arrangement never arrived, called the next day and they said there were not any flowers available to make the arrangement and I needed to wait 4 additional days for flowers to be delivered to the local florist! My 34.00 arrangement ended up costing $69.00 and that was with a free delivery coupon! They never could deliver the arrangement in the end....Unbelievable. A rating of "1" was the lowest I could give....It should be a "0".

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

I went online Friday. They had a delivery date of Sunday available so I picked it 'cause that happened to be the person's birthday. Immediately getting a text saying they can't deliver it that day but they could deliver today early on Sunday so I said okay and then I get another text saying, "We can't deliver it until Monday" and then on Monday I get another text saying, "We can't deliver it until Tuesday or Wednesday." Absolutely ridiculous so I asked for a full refund and I'm waiting to see if they actually put it back in my bank account or not. Most ridiculous service I've ever had for anything ever. Absolutely horrible. I would not recommend this place for anyone ever.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

Ordered flowers on 11/18 to be delivered on 11/19 after 12:00 noon. Received an email at 2:01 pm asking me to call. I did and was told that they could not deliver on the requested date. No real reason given. Wanted to deliver on the following Tuesday which defeated the purpose of the anniversary. Their customer service on the phone was just as bad. Waited on hold for 20 minutes to get an explanation and then got the same "I m sorry". Called McNamara Florists and they got the job done on 2 hour notice. Will never use any florist that uses Avas delivery service.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

Ordered flowers for same day delivery. They called that afternoon to postpone delivery to the next day. The next day they called to postpone delivery yet again. Took awhile to get them to agree to refund my money. Do not order from them.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

My niece won a very prestigious nursing award called the daisy award. I wanted to celebrate her by sending a beautiful vase of daisies. She lives in NC and I'm in AL so I googled florists in her area and Avas popped up. I called to make sure they had daisies and was assured they did and could deliver it that afternoon. I told her I wanted the "You're So Special" daisy bouquet and she quoted me a price that was twice as much as the web site said so she gave me "her discount". It was still overpriced but it didn't matter as long as it was nice.

A little while later I got a call that it couldn't be delivered that day but would be there the next morning. A couple hours later I received another call saying they didn't have daisies but could substitute fall flowers. I was adamant that it had to be daisies and was told it would be and they deducted $30 for the inconvenience. They weren't delivered until the following afternoon and were left on the porch. When my niece finally got the flowers she sent me a picture. There were two wilted daisies, a few wilted fall flowers with a note that said something like "designers choice fall flowers". They don't give refunds but offer store credits. No thank you. I'm telling everyone I know not to use Avas ever!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

I placed an order for an arrangement called Winter Wonderland. The arrangement that was delivered to my niece was nothing like the picture, not full, not a single rose. It was unacceptable. I called to let the company know and they arranged a redelivery and a pick up of the previous arrangement. Once again, this arrangement was half the size of the first and even further apart from the photo and said Winter Wonderful. With tax and fees, I spent $90. It truly looks like a $24 grocery store arrangement. This "company" is a total bait and switch operation. There is no direct number to the florist. Please never use this for your floral needs. We are embarrassed by what was delivered and it there just doesn't seem to be any recourse to get this corrected or to get our money refunded. I would be happy to provide photos of what we ordered vs what was delivered the first and second go round.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

The worst experience I have EVER had ordering flowers. I paid extra to be delivered same day and 48 hours later and 10 phone calls and 3 hours mostly on hold, I still don't have flowers. This company is a scam. They came up with so many excuses and lies, I really think they don't actually do anything but try to wear you down and just give up your $100. This company is a scam - do not order unless you really like talking with strangers on the phone in different countries.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

Ordered the Blue Sympathy Wreath size medium with upgraded flowers for my Mom’s funeral. It was to be the my last gift to my mother. The wreath was supposed to be 24”, it was maybe 18”. The flowers were not an upgrade. I was assured that even though the the flowers were to be delivered the day before the funeral they would still look lovely. The flowers were not wilted but they certainly were not fresh. In moving the wreath to the cemetery several of the flowers fell off. Not a quality product.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

My husband’s aunt passed away, so I contacted Avas flowers online and started putting the information in. I wanted to make sure that it was going to get there, so I called them. The representative that I spoke to indicated that they would not be able to get it to the funeral home in time. I asked, would you be able to get it to the church? She then indicated that if I just gave her the funeral information that she could have it expedited. I told her if they could not get it there in time, that I would need to contact another florist that could. She guaranteed me that the flowers would be there. I said are you sure. She said yes. Then she sent me a link to pay, and it was supposed to be a done deal.

I got a text about at 10:29 AM, saying URGENT AVAS FLOWERS UPDATE. We Need To Speak With You Regarding Delivery Of Order #**. Contact Us @ (877) 638-6619. My husband texts at the same time and said what do the flowers that we sent look like? I told him that I was on the phone because I just received a text message. I called and gave my order number and the same lady I spoke to yesterday said what is your name, told her, who is billed under, told her, what time is the funeral, told her 11:00. I was livid because she would not get to the point.

She said I am sorry but we will not be able to get flowers there. I went off! She said well we can give you 50% off, I said, absolutely not! I said you need to give me a full refund! She said well, we only normally give 50% refund, I said our whole conversation is recorded from yesterday to today and you guaranteed me those flowers would be there, I even said if you could not do it, to please let me know so that I can order it from another florist! She put me on hold, and came back and said well can we send it to their home address to at least let them know that you thought about them. I said absolutely not. I want a full refund and I want a full refund now! I was so mad because I even said I would go to a different florist if they couldn’t deliver.

If I would’ve went to a different florist, I would had no problems of getting it there. I am so mad and embarrassed because these flowers was from 3 families that went in it together. I told her I will never order anything from them again she then put me on hold again and came back and said we’re giving you a full refund, you should have it within 5 to 7 days.

In my opinion and personal experience Do not, absolutely do not order from this company. They are going to do nothing they tell you they are going to do. The sad part is, when I decided to write this review, I started looking at all the other reviews about them, and I should’ve done that in the first place. I can promise you I will never recommend this company to any of my family, friends, coworkers, or club members of mine.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

Where did begin! Arrangement I ordered was substituted., As NO lilies were in stock. I asked 4 or 5 times if the arrangement would still be made in vase shown.... I was told YES each time. Delivered 2 days late. So, flowers were substituted and no one could tell me what would be used in place of the lilies. The vase was substituted. Delivery was 2 days later than promised. I was told Avas Flowers was located in downtown Whitefish... I suspect it is NOT! I asked for the the shop's local phone number and told that they could not give out that information. What a Mess!! I will NEVER use Avas Flowers again and I suggest you don't either!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

I ordered flowers, that were never delivered. I called the day before, to order flowers. The salesperson on the phone, told me no problem, they'll definitely be delivered the next morning. Don't do business with them.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

I ordered a plant for $39.99. They had a delivery fee of $9.99 - fine. But a service fee of $24.99 was added. So the total for this plant came to $84.45. An outrageous price for a $39 plant. When I called and complained, they discounted $10 from the service fee. Still outrageous.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

Original flower arrangement started wilting within 24 hrs. Wrote on Avas website of displeasure. Avas called back soon after. I decided to go with equivalent over $100 arrangement. Avas said would call florist 'designer' as they call it and would get back to me soon. After nothing called back 6 hours later. Avas rep said would chat with designer, I said I would hold online. After 40 minutes holding Avas got back to me. Said replacement flowers to arrive tomorrow. They did but much smaller arrangement, basket replacement not same type or size. Driver not part of florist or Avas but hired to deliver flowers was friendly but said original flowers came from Safeway floral and replacement came from a different Safeway. Both locations are 20+ miles away from our home whereas their are 4 to 5 florists much closer but didn't use those actual florists.

Resolution response: Oct. 27, 2022

Avas Flowers rose to the occasion and made every effort to rectify and resolve my complaint. They reached twice, apologized and made sure they redeliver a better dish garden. Still not the same item as advertised on the website, but I'm changing my review from 2 to 4 STARS for a better effort on their part. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

I ordered a dish garden called "Garden Pleasures Basket" on 11/20/2022 to be delivered 11/22/2022 for a special friend for her birthday and was so disappointed and embarrassed with item delivered. It's not even close with what they show on their website Avasflowers.net. They claim to have 5 Star reviews on their website. But obviously, it's so biased and did not show true reviews as I read here in Consumer Affairs Reviews. I should have checked their reviews here!

To make matters worse, the card used was not even a birthday card. It's some random card with hideous picture of vine roses climbing on a table. And they charged me $6.99! More like .99 cents card! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. This is the second time, I paid expensive online flower from a flower shop and I WILL NEVER order again online from any company! It's a rip off and waste of money! For Avas Flowers, I'm giving them TWO STARS because they delivered on time. That's about it!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

I ordered same-day delivery, and I paid TWICE the price for it. The flowers came TWO DAYS LATE, they were nothing like the picture I chose, the arrangement was too small, and it all came in a GARBAGE BAG. Worse yet, the garbage bag was not secured by anything (it was just loosely placed over the vase), so it tipped over. The vase leaked all over the recipient's patio and left a stain. This is BY FAR the absolute WORST experience I've ever had ordering flowers. DO NOT ORDER FROM AVAS FLOWERS.

Avas Flowers Company Information