2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.45/5

Avas Flowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

Buyers Beware!! AvasFlowers.net is a scam florist!! Never, I mean NEVER, order from them if you value your hard earned money. I made the mistake once and thankfully I was able to go to the top superiors to get a full refund. However, the refund came only because I smelled something fishy within the hour after I ordered. I ordered 4 days in advance, and within an hour of the online order I got a call to tell me they were all out of a specific flower (the flower that I particularly selected the bouquet for), and would I mind if they substitute. Uh, no, how do you substitute a daisy for a large lily??? My order never reached the delivery day because I cancelled. But so, so many other online shoppers will tell you on the Consumer Affairs website, their order reached the "supposed" delivery day and they weren't so lucky to get a full refund.

Sadly, the flowers that someone just ordered for me for my birthday yesterday (though they paid extra for same day delivery); were not only NOT delivered the same day as requested/paid for (and were supposedly to be "upgraded" to a larger arrangement); but when the flowers arrived it looked like someone quickly grabbed some flowers at Walmart for $4.99. This little bouquet was bundled with a zip-tie around the tissue-like paper, stuck in what looks to be a professional florist delivery box yet no shipment water dispenser like real florists use. And these supposedly came from Kentucky to Arizona - with no water?!

Not only that, but apparently the bouquet should have been in a nice vase!! I'm infuriated that this kind of con even exists, especially because I know the person spent way more than their budget should allow for this arrangement. Oh, the florist's website looks legit. Their reviews on their website "seem" legit. Buyer beware!! Anyone can write a review on a website.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Ordered a same day delivery to be sent before 5pm they. I called at 4:30 pm to find out that my order had been scheduled to deliver 2 days later and also the pink roses I ordered they had replaced with red roses. Nobody contacted me in any way to tell me it would be late or they had changed the order. So after finding out that my order would be 2 days late and was not what I ordered I tried to cancel the order. I called. They swapped me to different operators I assume so I would give up and let the order go through but I didn’t give up and after speaking with at least 6 different people and over an hour of my time they canceled it. Haven’t been refunded yet ($178.00) but at least they didn’t send the wrong order which would have made me look like an idiot. These people do not care. All they want is your money. Lie to you the whole time on the phone.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

My mother died right before Christmas and I needed flowers for her funeral on Dec. 26th. No one local would be open and they were pretty much out of flowers anyway so I was happy when Ava's said they could deliver a large spray on Saturday Dec. 26th. I happened to look at the tracking on Dec. 24 and it said the delivery would be on Dec. 29. Not acceptable and I got NO communication that there was a problem. You'd think they would know if FUNERAL arrangements were delayed that they would TELL YOU. I was able to find a florist 30 min. away and I had to go pick up the flowers the morning of my mom's funeral. Not a great turn of events. This florist said never go to internet sites with no address, they just farm out the flowers anyway. Lesson learned! I would recommend everyone STAY CLEAR of Ava's Flowers!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Not a florist, just a reseller that adds a premium to all orders. Neither pricing nor service is good here. Ordered on Saturday for same day delivery. It was assured on the phone by a staffer. "No problem, it will be there early afternoon." When I checked on the order on Sunday, I got a recording saying that it would be delivered on TUESDAY, or FOUR DAYS LATER! Screw that, I cancelled the order, and if my refund isn't timely, I will be visiting the BBB and dozens of other consumer advocates. Do yourself a favor and visit any other florist besides this one.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I ordered a Bushel of Berries Bouquet for a friend on 12/21/20. I was assured by phone and on the invoice they would be delivered or before that date. On 12/24 I received a notice that they would be delivered on 12/29. Tried to cancel order but was referred to their fine print about no guarantees during holidays. The "bouquet" was delivered 12/29 6:30p. My friend sent me a photo; the arrangement was appalling. Instead of a lovely red vase of St. John's Wort with bright red berries and a lovely bow, she received a clear vase with a bunch of evergreen leaves, three wilting red carnations, and a sad excuse for a bow. I wish I could attach photos so you could see just how bad it was. Embarrassing. It took me a few days to complain to Avas and when I did I was told I waited too long. It really was the worst excuse for a bouquet I have ever seen, let alone delivered 4 days late. Never again.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I ordered a teddy bear and balloons to be delivered to a children's hospital on Saturday, I explicitly explained that the patient will be checked out on Monday. I was guaranteed it will be delivered on Saturday; however, they delivered it on Monday after the patient checked out to the hospital and left it in the reception. The patient never received the package and when I asked for my refund I was put on hold for over an hour and got disconnected afterwards, without talking to anyone. I have never got the package nor my money. I would advice anyone who is trying use this company, please stay away from them!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I sent these flowers as a birthday gift and I am embarrassed at the quality. They cost $100 (plus), look spindly, a little wilted, upon arrival, the basket was leaking, they arrived late, the picture showed 3 balloons, there was one small one, there was nothing saying who the flowers were from. Ugh! NEVER ordering from Ava’s Flowers again!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I called this company to ensure they were local and could fulfil a very special order. THey confirmed (lied). Flowers were to be delivered on Monday...they called mid day to say they need my approval to replace pink roses with red...I said OK. They called me later to say they couldn't deliver that day (pretty much ruined the reason for the order in the first place). I agreed to delivery on Tuesday. On Tuesday mid day they called and said the truck broke down and couldn't deliver. I tried to cancel but they wouldn't agree, so the flowers were shipped via UPS from Kentucky (delivery to Florida) so obviously they weren't the local company I thought I was purchasing from. $80 order was a 4 stems that you can buy at 7-11 for $4.99. I was so embarrassed when I got a picture of the delivery. DON'T BE SCAMMED BY THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I ordered sympathy plant in Jan 4, 2021 today is Jan 6, 2021 still not delivered. If I had known there’s no actual Avas in Auburn AL, I would had never ordered but the Rep lied to me and said they are located in Auburn. I specifically asked that question. After 4 calls to this company which is not in the US I was placed on hold today for 35 min (Carl). Totally ignored. While on hold I called back on a different phone and spoke to a girl named George. These are all fake names. My other phone got disconnected after 35 minutes while I was talking on husband's phone. I told George the problem and if the arrangement isn’t delivered today I’ll want a full refund and no charge for canceling.

This company needs to be investigated stealing money and not delivering goods. I asked who are they actually using in Auburn and she said Avas again. I told her that’s a lie because there is no Avas. She refused to give me a name of a floral company they are in cahoots with. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! I will follow up later today and if not delivered I’m going to dispute charges with my bank and pursue refund. I will also report to the BBB which I’m highly doubting they have no good ratings.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I ordered flowers December 30th and as of January 3rd no flowers. I did track my order and it stated that the delivery would be January 5th. I would NOT recommend Avas Flower website to any friends or family in the future. Very poor business if you can’t deliver as posted.

Avas Flowers Company Information