3.3/5 (902 ratings)

About Avas Flowers

Avas Flowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

Found the site online and states same day delivery before 7:00 P.M. 7:40 and still hasn't shown. Can't contact the company, only get recorded responses. Will call my bank to cancel if I can't get a response.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

Horrible service, Funeral arrangement never showed up, over $200. A day later I was called for a new address to deliver since they missed the funeral, with free delivery, WHAT A JOKE. I paid extra money for guaranteed delivery! Not a trusted company, this company was unwilling to make this right!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

OK here's what you need to know. This is not a florist - they pretend to be they are an outside agency that takes your order. Makes you spend 20 minutes selling you all kinds of extras and then three hours later you get a phone call from some delivery guy that the florist cannot deliver for three days. You tried contacting the customer service. It takes 40 minutes to get through. You are better off finding a local florist so when you call and ask if they had the flowers for delivery they give you an honest answer. This company is crooked and a scam. They pretend to be local flowers but they're not. The fraud is their banner on their website says same-day delivery. All ** stay away.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

My mother's birthday is close to Christmas, so I sent her a Christmas-y arrangement. She sent me photos of it, and it looks JUST as promised! She was delighted. I will definitely use AvasFlowers again.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

My wife and I ordered flowers for our daughter who was expecting. We reviewed the bouquets on the Avas website and chose the Floral Harmony Bouquet and selected the AS SHOWN size. ($54.99). At 4:05 pm the next day, we received a text saying the flowers had been delivered. We waited for our daughter to contact us. When she didn’t, we contacted her and she said nothing had arrived. Finally, at 7:06 pm, they were delivered. We asked our daughter for a photo of the bouquet and saw that it was about one-third the size of what was pictured - not even close to the AS SHOWN photo. With taxes and delivery charges, we paid nearly $100 for a Bouquet that would cost $25-$35 at a local food store. I’m contacting their customer service later today. I don’t recommend this company and am interested to find out how this is resolved.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I ordered flowers for a very special person. They were supposed to be Christmassy and all they were were roses, baby's breath and regular greenery. It was suppose to be berries holly with roses and bigger.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

We ordered flowers for my daughter's birthday to be delivered between 9am and noon, as my daughter gets off work at 3. We are in another state so we called another florist first. They said they could not guarantee the time, so we next called Avas and they said they would be delivered before noon. Avas is less than a mile from my daughter's workplace. Between 12:30 and 2:30 we called to check on delivery twice. We were told yes there is a notation to be delivered by noon but they now said they can only promise before 7pm.

We spent an hour on the phone trying to get someone to explain why they would tell us one thing knowing they would not do it. All we got was a “Sorry for the inconvenience". They did not offer to reimburse us until we demanded it. After reading other reviews I’m not sure we will see that either. We had to call our daughter and tell her we did not forget her birthday. I should have checked reviews before calling them, my bad as there a numerous reviews like ours for them.

Resolution response: Dec. 5, 2021

I put this comment on their Facebook Messenger and a representative immediately reached out. She was glad I contacted her and assured me that they would look into the problem I had. She also offered to send some flowers no charge (but it’s not why I complained so I declined). This rep was sincere and did appreciate I brought it to her/his attention. I would now change my stars to a 4.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. They imply they are a local florist but they are not! Below is my story: My brother in law passed away and his viewing is Sunday (and that’s when I wanted it delivered). I placed an order for flowers on Friday. This morning I get a call telling me nobody is at the church where the viewing is going to be held. I said I knew that that’s why I wanted it delivered on the day of the viewing. Hours later I got another phone call telling me they’re having a problem.

On the phone they said the designer cannot deliver it to a church (what???) and wanted an alternative address (which is ridiculous!)! I do not want a bouquet of flowers delivered to someone in bereavement only to carry it themselves to the viewing. I was a VP for Macy’s Dept store so I wanted a resolution. When I asked for a corporate contact I was told by the CS rep, that she couldn’t give it to me. I received an email when I canceled it saying that the product was out of stock so now I guess they even lied to me! They made a very difficult time more difficult!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Ordered a Peace Lily to be delivered to my relative after the loss of his dad. They got the delivery and it was NOT a Peace Lily! Random ugly flowers in a vase! Customer service was the WORST!! STAY AWAY!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

It was an easy process to pick out the flowers and it was nice to have the delivery fee waived by using the code. The only thing that I don't understand it's why are there additional fees? Is this their way of covering the delivery fee? There's an additional $30 in fees that they added! Plus, the flowers showed up the next day.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I have tried 3 times to order flowers or plants off their website to be delivered and every time I get a notification that the arrangement or plant is not available and they want to substitute. Every time I called to get it worked out, I get another country and they put you on hold for 15 to 20 min, while they "look into your account". Of course they are hoping you give up and hang up. Once you say you want to cancel the order,.. you guessed it, another 20 min on hold. I give them a 1 rating only because it wouldn't let me give them a zero. Do not order from this company, if it is a company!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

I called 2 days early to have birthday flowers delivered to my sister a nurse. Flowers showed up a week late all dead. The company did credit back my credit card but should have sent out arrangement on time as ordered.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Scheduled a delivery for my anniversary and find out at 4pm they messed up and will not be able to deliver my anniversary flowers. Wanted to give me 10 dollars and deliver the day after my anniversary. What a joke.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Order standing spray $124.99, Sympathy banner 9.99, Peace lilly 39. 99. Total over 200. On phone with them since 930AM Monday morning about delivery that's due at 3pm. WTF ** IS THIS. Funeral Tuesday. Is this a joke? NEVER IN LIFE HAVE I HAD SUCH A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE ORDERING FLOWERS. NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL AVAS GET BUSINESS FROM ME. You have to call go thru dumb phone system that reroutes you constantly. After 10 minutes of circles you get a 20 min line to be told you have to wait for CSR to verily w/ SECRET FLORIST THATS SELLS FLOWERS THEY DON'T HAVE INSTOCK. WILL NEVER. DO NOT USE AVAS.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I recently had a very disturbing experience with AVAS Flowers today. I had a good friend of mine that had lost his son. I had turned to Avas flowers to help me with a little sympathy card and a bouquet of flowers to be sent to the local funeral home within 1/4 mile of the Avas flower shop. 30 minutes before the wake was to start, I received a text from Avas flowers from a different lady which I had placed my order with, and she went on to tell me that their delivery person left for the day, and that they would not be able to deliver the flowers... I could not believe it. I am also a business owner, and if I make a commitment I am responsible to keep it, and I believe if somebody is still there to take more orders, that same person can go 1/4 a mile down the road and deliver the flowers.

At the time I had no other option myself, yes they did give me a full refund, but that was not what I was wanting from Avas Flowers. The lady was being snotty rude, meaning she was happily telling me, "Sorry you're **". Excuse my language, but that is how she was gracefully refunding my money... Any other event I would have not been so upset but because it was a wake for a 21 year old man I felt it very unprofessional on behalf of Avas flowers. Sincerely, Bill

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Avas was listed as a local florist near the cemetery where I buried my mother. It isn't. It is actually 1800-flowers and if you need it delivered they send the order to Conroy's. Every time I've had flowers from Conroy's they've been terrible and this was no exception. The flowers look like they taken off a grave last week and delivered to us as new. They were wilted, there were big bare spots and was nothing like the picture. When I talked to the girl on the phone she said that Avas isn't a real place, it's just an order collecting website for 1800flowers. Buyer beware.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Avas Flowers is one of the worst companies I have ever had dealings with. I recommend people steer away from, let me explain. I ordered flowers for my wife who was seriously ill after a stroke. I put in an order for flowers on Friday Oct 22nd. Nothing arrived. I waited until the next day, when after other items I could check my voice mail on my home phone. As people know we get numerous hoax calls a day and a strange number without showing any signs of who from just does not get answered. There was a couple of messages being an issue with my order. Finally on Sunday I was able to follow up and found it was due to some of the flowers not being available. I agreed to have flowers substituted and expected a delivery that Sunday…. No. .. nothing. I also found some emails in my junk mail area, the fact it mentions checking for them in your junk emails makes me wonder if this common.

Monday, I called to follow up 5 times, was told several times was told was planned for delivery... NOTHING. Tuesday still no flowers. Called and demanded to speak to a manager or supervisor, was eventually passed to a delivery manager. They were unable to get to the florist whom the order was with, gave me a small credit and reordered from another florist and would be sure it was delivered today. Later got an email saying the delivery could not be made. SO much for Avas promises.

After another 6 phone calls, yes 6 the issue is the Avas IVR (voice system) has a bug. You contact them and are asked for order number if like me you are out and do not have the number it askes for phone number to do with the order. O put in the phone number it states the order in question, then states, "Sorry we need the order number," and drops the call 6 times!!!! Eventually I was able to speak to a person and demand a refund. This is now Tuesday and I ordered on the previous Friday. I have been promised delivery 6 times, made nearly 20 phone calls and NUMEROUS online messages! I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN... AND ADVISE OTHERS TO AVOID THEM.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I am beyond disgusted with Avas Flowers. You will not be notified of the delivery, they will not give you the local florist information and last they give you a complete runaround. PLEASE if you are going to send flowers to call a local florist and have them prepare your order. Keep the money with the local shops and not overseas.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I ordered a bouquet to be same day delivery for a friend’s birthday on a Thursday…. Paid over $77.00 for a $49.00 arrangement. The flowers were not delivered on her birthday and the next morning I called and complained and was told they’d be delivered by noon that day, which was Friday. Well, they were not delivered by noon, in fact, I was told afterward that delivery was attempted after her place of business was closed in the early evening! To top it off, they gave me trouble about giving me back a full refund! Frankly, one star is one star too many. I suggest you use a different florist!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

EXTREMELY dissatisfied!!! I would give ZERO stars if it were an option. I called from Virginia to place an order a few days ago for a large potted Azalea bush to be delivered to a house in Trinity, Alabama for a birthday. I placed the order with a man whose name started with a G. I asked him THREE times if he could confirm that the Azalea bush would be blooming, since it may be the wrong season to bloom. He assured me each time that it would be "just like in the picture on the website". I said we didn't care what color the blooms were, but we REALLY wanted the order to be FLOWERING when it arrived. I asked if he could check, and call me back so I could change the order if they had no blooming Azalea bushes. He repeated that it would be blooming, took my payment and never called me back.

The order came to almost $90 and didn't include any discount because it was placed over the phone. The day it arrived to the recipient, it was NOTHING like the order. In fact, it was assorted green plants, instead of an Azalea bush, with NOT A SINGLE BLOOM ANYWHERE. We specifically ordered an Azalea bush so she could plant it in her yard, and enjoy blooms for years to come. NONE of that is possible with the order as it was sent. The card message was also totally botched. We asked for it to say "To my mom who is not told often enough that I appreciate you." Instead the card says "To my mom who's not old enough. I appreciate you." I called the day after I found out that the order was completely botched. This time I spoke with a woman who wouldn't give me the name of the man I ordered from, and never even asked if I was happy with the order despite my confirming the name and phone number of the placed order.

WE WILL NOT ORDER HERE AGAIN. I left a review on their webpage, but apparently they only show the positive reviews. I dug deeper where to leave a review and discovered that the company isn't even based in the US. The orders are placed overseas and filled in the US somewhere near where you ordered them. This is why there are SO MANY mistakes and NO accountability.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I ordered "upgraded flowers" and that is not what I got for sure, what I got was some half dead horrible looking weeds. I had to call and remind them of my delivery day that I specified I needed because it was a very special 80th birthday. When the flowers got there I was mortified and ashamed for the arrangement I spent $109.00 on. I contacted them to only get a response of we will give you $20.00 back.. Really I want a full refund and you can even come pick up your crappy flowers. No response... I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN AND I WILL MAKE SURE NOBODY ELSE GETS SCAMMED TOO.... STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

This is the first time I ever ordered flowers. I set this up to be sent to my grandpa that is currently in the hospital. This was a HUGE disappointment! They looked Nothing like the picture. And when I called to complain they offered me 50% of the flowers but I would still be out 50 dollars! They offered to pick them up and then I would get a refund but my grandma took them home to be put in water. This is not a good company to order from. They deliver flowers you would pick from a dingy field!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I placed an order online for an arrangement to be delivered the next day by 2PM for a funeral service. I paid the $21 service fee of which Avas said they charge to "ensure proper handling of my floral arrangement" and yet 1 HOUR before the service I was contacted by an Avas representative stating they could not get the arrangement to the service in time and that they would like to deliver the arrangement to the family home. What kind of business model allows for a company that has deliveries to not check the delivery schedule the very first thing in the morning so that they could contact their customers if there was an issue? 1 HOUR prior to the service...what did they think? Needless to say I requested a full refund and will NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I ordered flowers for $59.99 with expedited delivery of $9.99 which was supposed to be delivered before 2pm. It was delivered at 5:30pm. We ended up late for the birthday party which started at 5 pm because of the late flowers. Called Avas and they couldn't even reach the local florist. Christina from customer service deducted the $9.99 expedited charge. Also, this company should put in bold numbers that they are adding $20 service fee. It's ridiculous. And lastly, the flowers were not even that fresh. There will be no next time with this company. That's for sure.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

The product delivered is absolutely nothing comparable to what is advertised in their website. Do not tell me pineapple and kiwi are not in season in the town it was delivered to. The basket didn’t have any paper stuffing/filler at the bottom. The fruit and cheese were slopped in haphazardly. The fruit that was in the basket still had the barcode stickers on them, and one of the fruits still had the protective foam sleeve on it. IN. THE. BASKET. For $118 delivered, please make an honest effort.

I should’ve realized by the impersonal website that it was a middle man business. Advertise on the web, contract the service to a local “business” who then attempts to fulfill the other. My complaint was answered by an Indian phone representative…. who has no idea what was described on the website or what was actually delivered. The representative is just reading from a scripted dialogue. I just ended up speaking in spirals to only get a $10 reimbursement. Do not waste your time, effort and money on this deceiving sham of a company.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Ordered flowers for my stepdaughter's birthday and was called to say they couldn’t deliver it to her school because it was past 2pm. I ordered prior to her birthday. Then they wanted to call her and get another address to deliver the next day. Then the specialist says, "Sorry we will add to your bouquet and give you a discount because of the inconvenience." Two days later a different bouquet arrived. Not what I ordered but what the specialist promised to add to the original bouquet. I called and they said, "Oh we will make it right," but then said, "We delivered flowers and gave you a discount (which I haven’t received yet) and you were told the original bouquet wasn’t available"… Um no I was not told that!!

I was told them I was upset because it took two days beyond her birthday to deliver the flowers, it wasn’t what was promised, I hadn’t received any discount yet, I wasn’t told that the original bouquet was not available and that this was supposed to be a local florist and it took them two days after the original delivery date to get the flowers to her! I was told, "Sorry mam we delivered flowers and gave you a discount. Sorry for your dissatisfaction"… Wow! Not impressed with this service at all! If you choose to order from them…the bouquets on their site are NOT what you get or what is advertised at all! Super disappointed!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I ordered flowers for my wife but they never arrived plus they charged an extra service fee that was not made clear before the order submitted. I have tried calling many times but the phone is always busy. I have submitted complaints numerous times through their support section of the site. I don't hear back and I have not received a refund. I would never use them again!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

The first time I ordered flowers they called back later that day about an hour before actual delivery time and told me that the flowers were not available. They wanted to give me a discount and I could order roses that were one of three that were shown or sunflowers which she is neither one of those people that I was getting the flowers for. I wanted my money back because they couldn't deliver that particular arrangement and they couldn't deliver any flowers until the next day which I said no the second time they couldn't deliver it to the address and that's where I wanted it delivered. So my experience never again. I should have learned the first time

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I ordered flowers for my 92 year old mother flowers the day before her birthday. I was contacted the day after because there was a problem with the address. The address was verified, and I have my sister's phone number because she lives close by. I was supposed to get a "delivered notice" and didn't. I tried to get information from their website, but got nowhere. I tried calling and waited far too long and hung up. This was especially hard as my mother is being put into hospice and this is probably the last flowers I'll ever send her. I will not use Avas Flowers again.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I ordered a flower arrangement in a balloon for a sick co-worker on September 24th 2021. I requested they be sent the same day. I was guaranteed if they would be. I later get it email telling me that they didn't have that Arrangement but they would guarantee I would have it on Monday September 27th 2021. It is 719 p.m. Eastern Standard Time and still no flowers have been received by my co-worker. I sent emails and I called.

They call me back to tell me it wouldn't be delivered till tomorrow and I asked why. They sent me at another department and the young man said it was over his head and I had to talk to another department. I had asked them to just refund my card and I can order from somebody else. They wouldn't do that. They sent me to another department. He said he couldn't help me. He had to transfer me and he transferred me to a landline that hung up on me. Buyer beware. This is the worst company in the nation. Never ever ever get anything from Avas Flowers again!

Avas Flowers Company Information