2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.52/5

Avas Flowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

The flowers were to be delivered for a birthday. The flower shop said they "couldn't deliver" according to Ava's. However, I received 5 other flower deliveries on my birthday from other shops in our area and never left the house all day. Ava's will not give me the supposedly florist they contracted the order to -- claims they can't?? Will not refund money until they "do an investigation"?? The flowers were ordered and paid for to be delivered. Flowers were never delivered -- even their website says they were never delivered (the address for delivery was correct in their system). I requested a refund -- they need to "investigate it??" Seriously, horrible business - scam. NEVER ORDER FROM HERE!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

We ordered flowers for a friend who just had surgery on September 29, 2020 for delivery on October 1, 2020. Avas took the order, charged our credit card, confirmed the order and delivery date and then on October 2, 2020 sent us an email that delivery will be on October 3, 2020. OK we thought, better late than not knowing. On October 3rd, nothing was delivered. On October 4 we contacted Avas and was told that there had been a delivery glitch and that the order, enhanced this time because of their error, will be delivered on October 5, which it was but with half of the flowers wilted and dying.

The UPS tracking of these flowers showed that they left Miami on the 5th, through Dallas and Little Rock before ending up in Tulsa the morning of the 5th. Delivery was on the 5th around 7PM. All I can say is had this been for a wedding or funeral or other more important event, the delivery would have been useless and money wasted. DO NOT EVER USE AVAS FLOWERS - EVER - THEY ARE HORRIBLE.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I ordered my aunt some flowers to cheer her up after she lost a pet. They didn't have what I originally ordered, so they did upgrade to more flowers (instead of 3 roses, they sent a dozen). They were supposed to be delivered last Friday, but I was told they couldn't be delivered until Tuesday. The flowers arrived, but not the $17.99 stuffed animal that was supposed to be the "comforting" part of the gift. I filed a missing item report with the company, to which I get a poorly coded email (the code actually shows, and I had to search through it to find the actual message) that simply refunded the money. No offer to send my item or anything. I wanted to do something nice, and they have made it an awful experience.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

First of all, they don't offer dimensions for the various product sizes, so you're already taking a gamble. I bought this for my mom's birthday and felt completely embarrassed when she received it. The "medium" size is extremely small. Maybe 5 inches tall from the base of the container (which was not a pot, but a small clear square) to the tallest flower. It was absolutely not "as shown". It was a pathetic looking little plant with a couple of flowers. I would've paid maybe $25 for what they actually delivered. Certainly not $67. Yes, $67, there's a surprise $20 service fee at the very end of the check-out process. Extremely disappointed and don't recommend this company at all.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Our anniversary was October 1st and I ordered flowers the morning of 9-30-20 to be delivered to my wife at her work.. Website said they would be delivered no problem. Get email on the 1st at 1:30 saying to please call them. Called and was told the driver couldn't deliver them. When I asked the representative why, he wouldn't or couldn't give me an answer. He said they would deliver the next day. Told him this was unacceptable, That our anniversary is today not tomorrow. Said he would upgrade the order and call my wife what happened... He never called. Called Avas later and said I wanted a refund and was told too late. Now I am having to dispute the charge. Anything time sensitive DO NOT use Avas Flowers.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I placed an order 3 days before my daughters birthday. Asked for a fall bouquet with purple, orange, rust and yellow flowers for fall. Specified “twice” no Lilies as my daughter does not like them. Paid over $150 and my daughter received a bouquet with 2 sunflowers, 4 pink roses, at least 8 small Lilies and lots of messy yellow flower filler. When I asked for them to correct the order and send a replacement, I was told they would have to call ANOTHER florist to correct the problem. Heartbroken... My daughter thought I didn’t remember that she specifically disliked Lilies....

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Multiple bad experiences. The most recent one was ordered the XL and paid over &100 and received something smaller than the small. MULTIPLE bad service with this company in many cities. FRAUD. I think It is common because the person who pays and orders is rarely the receptor so they get away with charging large and going small. LOTS of bad reviews!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

Ladies and Gentlemen, please think twice before using this company. They lied that they were located in Palatine, IL. which was the same town as the delivery address. I spent an hour and a half trying to get an answer to where my order was. The order was suppose to be delivered by 12 noon on Thursday as per their email. When trying to get an answer, I had to call 8 times and then I kept being transferred to a phone where no one knew anything about my order.

They left me on hold many times thinking I would go away. When the flowers arrived, they were dry looking of poor quality, skimpy and in bad shape and no way was worth $80.00. $17.00 service fee, plus $10 for delivery is outrageous. In these days and times no one needs to be taken advantage of. They have many complaints filed with the BBB reviews from other customers state total dissatisfaction as well. Please don't be taken advantage of. I wish I would have checked the reviews before ordering. You work hard for your money and do not need to be scammed.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

I was charged for a medium bouquet of flowers, which I ordered, but a small was delivered. I was most disappointed as the recipient is a recent cancer survivor and after a rough year, this birthday was very special. The flowers that were delivered were pretty, but very scant. My invoice showed the proper size, but the delivery showed that a small was delivered. I paid 70.00 for a larger bouquet. I told them I could provide a picture of both the invoice and the delivery ticket.

I have many times used Avas Flowers at different places around the country as I have many family members living in other cities. I have never been disappointed until now, especially since the recipient of this order was a recent cancer survivor and had a very rough year and was celebrating this birthday as a milestone to just being here. When I talked with their customer service, she was going to call the florist that was used. Their answer was that their substitution was within their guidelines?? To be fair I gave them one star as the dinky bouquet of flowers that were delivered were pretty. I am extremely disappointed and will never be using their services again.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I ordered flowers to be delivered to my sister on 9/16/20. The flowers were wilted. I’ve called back several times, even though it takes an hour to talk to someone. I was promised a new delivery and it never happened. Yesterday they told me that flowers would be delivered today. Never happened. Called them again and now they say they will be delivered tomorrow! I think this company is known for ripping people off after reading the reviews! Horrible customer service, horrible company! Don’t order if you don’t want to be ripped off!!!

Avas Flowers Company Information