1.1/5 (163 ratings)

About Avas Flowers

Avas Flowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: May 27, 2022

They had 3 attempts to deliver flowers and could not find a place to do it each time telling me they would resolve it immediately. The only good thing out of it was they gave a full refund. Unfortunately my wife did not receive the anniversary flowers intended for her. This place is full of empty promises and not at all reliable.

Resolution response: May 27, 2022

Flowers received after 2 days when Avas customer service agent re-ordered from a different vendor.

Original review: May 26, 2022

Ordered flowers & received confirmation of delivery. However they were never delivered. We have a ring camera and reviewed footage. No delivery. Company is not local in spite of representing themselves as such and there is no accountability.

Original review: May 26, 2022

I ordered flowers to be delivered to my sick grandmother on a Sunday, and my dad (her caretaker) stayed home all day waiting for the flowers. They never arrived. I called their "customer service" line to ask what was going on, but after getting through the long phone tree, was then informed by the automated voice that their customer service agents aren't available on the weekends. On Monday morning, I called twice--the first time I was hung up on. Once I finally got an individual on the phone, they told me the flowers couldn't be delivered because the local florist filling the order isn't open on Sundays.

Um, shouldn't you know that ahead of time and not tell customers their orders will be delivered when they can't possibly be delivered? They had no answer to that and just assured me my order would be delivered that afternoon. Well, flowers were delivered that afternoon but it most definitely was not what I ordered. The arrangement didn't even have the same colors of flowers and certainly not the same type of flowers as the arrangement online. Supremely unhappy with this company, but once they have your money, they aren't giving it back no matter how completely they failed. Stay far away from this company.

Original review: May 15, 2022

I went on Ava'sFlowers to purchase a bouquet for a friend who is hospitalized. I have been a customer of this company for nearly a decade. I upgraded the bouquet to the "large option." Outside of specific orders such as roses, I know florists can/will substitute the flowers represented online, However, what was delivered was not a substitution it was a misrepresentation!

Original review: May 13, 2022

Bottom line up front: This business is terrible, they’re a middleman rip off, they’re rude, and they lie about delivery status. I ordered a $120 bouquet of flowers for my mom, paying extra for delivery on Mother’s Day. The order wasn’t delivered, so the following day I called, and they promised it would be delivered that night. Once again, no delivery. I did this again the next night, and they said it would be delivered, but again it was not. Finally, I called and asked where the flowers were and they asked for the phone number of my mom. They called her, and accused her of not looking for the flowers and by the end of the call told her they were out for delivery but have not been delivered yet, lying about the first part.

My dad called them and they rudely told him to “check the fridge, and the roof” accusing him of being lazy and not checking the front door. The man’s name he spoke to was Rick, and he rushed him off the phone, essentially telling him they’ll get delivered when they get delivered. A quick call to American Express cleared this up, and thankfully, having had issues with them from other Amex customers, I’ll be getting a full refund. DO NOT ORDER FROM AVAS FLOWERS.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I have used Avas Flowers twice and both times they have charged for a product that they didn't have then they want urgent calls to ask what kind of substitution I would like, the only I have asked is that they don't use carnations and they used carnations. I placed an order for Mother's Day this past Thursday, and after a week I called to find out where the arrangement was, well after speaking with someone who assured me the arrangement I had ordered would be delivered I received yet another text message to call them which I did, and lo and behold they didn't have the arrangement I paid for and offer substitutions. I told them yes as long as they were not carnations.

I get yet another message to call them urgently so I did and the guy who answered once again gave the spiel about carnations, I was pretty frustrated at this point and requested a full refund which I did not received, they only refunded the amount of the flower arrangement and not the rush delivery fee which was $29.00. Avoid using Avas flowers at any cost. They are horrible, they are a ripoff, they will swindle you. I will report them to the BBB for being scammers.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I ordered flowers for Mothers' day with a requested delivery date of the day before. I understood there was a chance the delivery could happen the day after. On Mothers' day they texted me that they had canceled the order with no explanation of why. They claimed they sent a refund but never did, and I had to go through my bank to recoup the charges. I received an email requesting feedback, which I provided, and then they emailed me again thanking me for my order and providing an order confirmation number. I spoke to someone on the phone and they claimed the order was now canceled and a refund was sent, but days later, it has not showed up as pending in my account. Save yourself a headache and some money, DO NOT buy from Avas flowers. They'll take your money but you won't get your merchandise.

Original review: May 11, 2022

The customer service from this company is horrible and they don't do their best to do as they say with replacing an item with an upgrade at no additional charge when what your ordered becomes unavailable!! I ordered a beautiful bouquet in a vase for my Mom for Mother's Day. I received a call on Monday, the day after Mother's Day that the item I ordered was no longer available. Well, first of all, why was there such a delay in letting me know it wasn't available? When I placed the order, Monday, the 9th was the last day in the delivery range that I was given, so I expected her to receive it by the 9th but instead I get a call while I was at work with a patient. I listened to the voice-mail they left regarding my order and returned the call.

While waiting for someone to answer, there was a message stating that I could check my email for communication from them regarding my order. But I thought, "Well, it'd probably be easier to talk to someone." So I stayed on and the call was answered very quickly.. The customer service person I spoke with informed me the bouquet WITH A VASE that I ordered was no longer available and gave me some replacement options. Now she was telling me the names of the bouquets. They had names like Best Mom, or Mom's Special Day, or Best Friend, etc., but by those names, that doesn't tell me anything about what these arrangements look like.

So I asked her... "What are the colors and flowers in these arrangements?" She couldn't tell me. She said that information wasn't available. So she basically made me make a decision blindly without any idea of what I was choosing. I chose something called Best Mom. After I got off the phone with her I checked my email which stated the following....

"There has been a change in the availability of the exact item you have purchased. Please click the link below and enter your Secure Access Code: 5003 so you can select one of our beautiful alternative arrangements we have carefully curated as an upgraded replacement at no additional cost to you. We look forward to delivering your an extra special arrangement for you!"

So I clicked the link but there was an error and I couldn't connect to that site. That was probably because I already talked to someone so that access code didn't work anymore. But I searched on their website about what Best Mom looked like. I didn't care as much for it but the biggest problem was that this was JUST a bouquet, NO VASE, and the flowers would arrive IN A BOX. I specifically wanted a bouquet in a vase so my Mom wouldn't have to arrange them herself!! And I would NOT consider that an upgrade like the email said. I called back immediately to change what I was asked to blindly pick from to begin with to something that I would like after looking at the other items on the web page, and I was told that my order couldn't be changed. What? Why not? I just got off the phone and was asked to make a blind choice.

After seeing my choice, and realizing I didn't like it, and calling back immediately to change it to something that I like, I was told it was already processed and there was no way to change it. I was furious!! Then to top it all off, when my Mom received her flowers, they were in a box with NO WATER!! Usually each individual stem has those little tubes of water to keep the flowers nicer, but this did not. And the ends of the stems were all dried up and most of the petals from 2 of the flowers fell off when my Mom pulled them out of the box!! She had to arrange them herself in a vase which is NOT what I wanted for her!!

I'm gonna show a picture of what I ordered, and a picture of what she got as a replacement alternative as an upgrade mind you due to the inconvenience of my original arrangement no longer being available. What I ordered.... What she got... You tell me...does this look like a replacement upgrade? I will NEVER deal with this company again and urge you not to either!! Absolutely Horrible customer service!!!

Original review: May 11, 2022

They (over) charge to $25 dollars to call a local florist. The flowers that are delivered and not the same as ordered. Please consult #AvasFlowers on Facebook and see the reviews. The website claims to have 5 stars but, I think they are lying.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I ordered Mother’s Day flowers from Avas. The confirmation email stated that my flowers would be delivered 5/6-5/8. The flowers were delivered two days AFTER Mother’s Day. The order was over $100. I would have rather given that sale to a small business that actually cared about their customers. If at all possible, avoid any purchase through Avas - they don’t deserve your money.

Original review: May 9, 2022

Avas Flowers are the worst company! They overcharge and then a day after the flowers were supposed to be delivered they send a message saying that they are unable to process for delivery! I even paid extra for FEDEX delivery. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!

Original review: May 9, 2022

I ordered a Mother’s Day Vase with Tulips for my 93 year old mother. I requested they be delivered the day before. Today is Mother’s Day, 8:00pm and still not delivered!! Makes me so angry. Never again!

Original review: May 8, 2022

If you don't believe any reviews on this site, believe this one. I sorely wish I could leave a no-star review, because I would. My 16-year old son is living out of state right now and tried to order me flowers for our first Mother's Day apart. He got absolutely screwed out of $80 of his own money because he found this camel fodder company who advertised themselves as "local", didn't deliver any flowers, and texted him last night at 11 pm that his order could not be fulfilled. GARBAGE INDIVIDUALS WHO SCREW PEOPLE and have the gumption to tell me to ** off when I called them.

Original review: May 8, 2022

Do not use this outfit, ordered Mothers Day flowers on 4/18 to be delivered on the Friday prior to Mothers Day and it’s Saturday night and NOTHING! The Customer service lady will string you along and then they are closed. ;(

Original review: May 6, 2022

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! On April 19, I ordered flowers to be delivered to Bellville, Texas for a funeral I could not attend. I googled "florists in Bellville" and their company pops up very misleadingly. I realized that no matter what town you type in their website, it pops up with the wording "Bellville (whatever town you type in) Flowers- Family Owned and Operated." This by itself is highly misleading. On the day of the funeral, I received a notice stating the flowers had been successfully delivered. I only found out they were not because a friend was in attendance and was able to confirm they were not there. Once I realized this, I called the company and a customer representative assured me her "lead florist" had hand-delivered them to the funeral director. I immediately filed a complaint with American Express, and they refunded my money.

Today, May 6, (16 days after the order was placed and after receiving a delivery confirmation), I received a notice from Avas Flowers that they would be refunding my money because "they were unable to fulfill the requested delivery". I am confident this would not have happened if I had not filed a complaint with American Express. If my friend had not been at the funeral, they could have easily claimed (as they did) that the flowers had in fact, been delivered. I can't imagine how many times they get away with this.

Original review: May 5, 2022

DO NOT BUY!!! This has been horrible. I don’t live in the same state as my mom so I tried to find local delivery. First of all, it said they are “local and family owned for 30 years” lies. They use other local people to make bouquets. When I tell you nothing was the same as I ordered: NOTHING was the same. I spent $90 and for what?! I could have made a bouquet look better for $15 at Publix!! Then I called and I got the generic repetitive “sorry for the inconvenience” talk from someone who didn’t seem to care. Then they offer to refund me… For $10… $10 even though I spent $90. That is not a refund. That’s pity change for someone who got scammed.

They should not be in business. I’ll attach a photo. I picked the as shown product. And instead I got something 1/4 the size, incorrect flowers, incorrect colors, wrong vase, wrong quality and size. Heck the water was probably not real water for all I know. Don’t buy from here. You’re better off doing what I had to do round two!!! Getting a Shipt driving to go to Publix and get a bouquet and hand deliver it. (Way cheaper too). Good luck. Hopefully you look at reviews before you buy like I unfortunately failed to do this round.

Original review: May 3, 2022

They advertise as being local and they are not. I ordered flowers to be sent to one of my employees for her birthday. 10 minutes after I placed the order online they called my cell to tell me they don't have a florist that can deliver to that address. They wanted my employee's home address, which I refused to give. How they could find someone to deliver to that address and not the business makes zero sense to me. I immediately asked for a refund. She said she couldn't do that and they would upgrade the bouquet. I said no. After going round and round for 15 minutes (with someone that spoke terrible English), they finally agreed to refund the money. We will see if that happens. Stay clear of this place and the hassle that you will get!

Original review: May 2, 2022

I bought a bouquet from Ava’s to be delivered on my aunt's birthday. I spent a lot of money on the bouquet, yet I still had to pay an additional $10.00 delivery fee and $24.00 “service fee”. Even after charging all that extra money and promising same-day delivery, they still failed to deliver the bouquet on the date that was promised. I’m sure you can get a much better value at another place, I recommend going somewhere else, unless you want a bad experience.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Paid 100 bucks for a teeny tiny floral arrangement. Fees are outrageous. Order from anywhere else. Paid for same-day delivery, they were a day late. No communication and no one you can call. The phone number does not work. Awful customer service.

Original review: May 1, 2022

This service is awful. I paid $90 for flowers that were never delivered. The company claims to be "family owned". All calls and updates were through an international call center. I was never able to speak directly with a local or even national florist. I paid for rush order, same day delivery. The company tried to use stall tactics to convince me to agree to pay full price for flowers delivered 2 days LATE. When I said no and requested a refund, additional stall tactics were used. I stayed on calls over 3 hours total between 5 calls to get a refund. Clearly, had it not been a weekend, etc., I would have been forced to let it go, and wasted almost $100. The BBB has a running list of complaints against this company. Shame on Avas.

Original review: April 30, 2022

I thought I was getting a local florist, not the case. I ordered flowers for my aunt's 80th birthday, never delivered. I was not notified. I decided to call and follow up and discovered these haven't been sent with some ** excuse. Now 4 days after they were scheduled for delivery I am canceling the order. The customer service is Bogus and they just continued putting me on hold to tell me they are processing my refund. Still no refund. This place is a scam. Use a local florist or someone reputable like 800-Flowers. SCAM!

Original review: April 26, 2022

Beware of this company. No matter what it says online they are not local. My mother order flowers for a bday as a surprise for me the Friday before my bday. My bday was Monday April 25th. The morning of my birthday around 1030 in the morning I get a call from my mom asking me if I got a delivery. I said no. She explained she ordered me something and it was showing it had been delivered. We hung up and she apparently called Avas Flowers to inquire as to where my flowers were 'cause it hadn't in fact been delivered. They put her on hold and proceed to call me and explain I was having flowers delivered and asked if I had received them. When I said no they said thank you and hung up. I called my mother to explain the call I had just received. She was still on hold with them. They told her they would look into the matter and update her. This was at 11 am.

My mother was extremely upset that not only had I not gotten the flowers but that they called and told me what was supposed to be coming. At 430 my mom called back to ask for an update. They explained they haven't reached the florist but would promptly call her back with updates. And of course their customer service closed at 5. She didn't receive an update at all the day the flowers were supposed to be delivered. Today the morning of the 26th I receive a call asking if I have gotten the flowers from avas. I explain I still have not. I explained they needed to just refund my mother her money 'cause after reading the reviews on their company this seems to happen another. I told them My birthday is over and they didn't have the courtesy to even call my mom back yesterday.

Avas flowers rep proceeds to tell me "well we were told they were delivered" again. I reassured her I received nothing. Avas flowers then abruptly ends the conversation with me. This was just my bday. But I could imagine using them to send arrangements to some one I'll and them being so laid back about the arrangements never arriving .. Each phone call I got was from a call center over seas. So their claim about a family owned business is a bit far fetched to me. Every review I have read are all similar to our experience. Save yourselves the heartache and possible grief they will cause you. Do not use them..

Original review: April 26, 2022

I ordered flowers to be sent for a funeral on 4/23/22 for delivery by noon 4/25/22. I received a text and email 1 hour 45 minutes before the service indicating the flowers need to be changed. What a fiasco! I spoke to 4 different people being on hold for over 30 minutes then being dropped. The big selling feature is “family business for 30 years”, local, etc. That is false. I wasn’t able to speak to anyone in the “store”, designer wasn’t allowed to talk with me! I should have known something was strange when I was asked if I want a pink bow for the basket for $5 plus $5 for a card! No basket of flowers but a vase with completely different flowers than what I paid for. I hope I can share the photos because they are complete opposites. I asked that a photo be sent to no avail. A family member took one to send me. I asked for the owner/CEO to contact me. The business practice is trying to compete with FTD and they are shady. Terrible experience.

Original review: April 17, 2022

I ordered flowers for my sister’s birthday and they were not the same as pictured. They look like an untrained and unprofessional person put them together from their apartment. I am not a florist but could do a better job. Also, there were only 3 roses when at least 6 were in the ad pictured. I consider myself lucky that at least the flowers were fresh and delivered on time after all the horrible reviews I’ve now seen about this company.

Original review: April 12, 2022

They misrepresent themselves as a local florist - they are not! I spoke with Lynn to place my order and I said multiple times that I only wanted to place the order if they could do same day delivery. Lynn placed me on hold, then said she had called the delivery person and yes, they could delivery that day. Flowers were not delivered that day, delivered the next day. Also flowers not as pictured on website. Ava's offered me $15 refund on my $80 delivery.

Original review: April 11, 2022

Ordered flower arrangement 3 days prior to funeral. The day before the funeral, Avas Flowers notified me that they could not fulfill my order of a beautiful standing flower arrangement, and offered me a flower basket instead. Definitely did not want a "flower basket", or I would have ordered one. I would NOT trust ordering with Avas Flowers again.

Original review: April 10, 2022

I ordered a very expensive arrangement with full understanding of the substitution policy that if certain flowers/colors were unavailable, equal or greater value flowers would be substituted. EVERYTHING in the arrangement that was delivered was a substitution, and the quality and quantity of flowers was vastly cheaper than what I paid for - I could have assembled it myself with a $15 purchase of flowers at the local grocery store.

Luckily, I was able to have the recipient send me a picture of the flowers and strongly advise anyone who gets sucked into ordering Avas make sure they get a picture of what was actually delivered. I was beyond embarrassed by what the person received. Thank goodness it wasn't an arrangement that went to a hospital or funeral home where other people would have seen it. I filed a complaint with the company - they offered a 50% refund, which is only 50% of the actual flower order, not the ridiculously high service fees. To get a full refund, they demand the recipient relinquish the arrangement, and the refund would only be for the flowers, not the fees. I will never again order through this company and strongly advise others to avoid it, too.

Original review: April 7, 2022

They messed up my order, completely. Cancelled things I did not ask them to cancel, then forgot to deliver 2 items to go with the flowers....one was the birthday card!!! Ya think?? My aunt had no idea who sent them to her. AND no chocolates to go with the flowers on her birthday. And the message recording on phone says to use their website to resolve issues....That's a joke to say the least. Just horrible. STAY AWAY!!!!

Original review: April 2, 2022

Very bad and will never ever use them again. I am strugling to get back my money. Please BBB has to take action on Avas Flowers company. I don't even know how they are on business. I wish I saw the past review before I ordered. Very sad.

Original review: April 1, 2022

It is my birthday and my sister who is home fighting cancer took the time to send me some flowers. Needless to say, not only I was disappointed not for the flowers themselves or the arrangement but because my sister didn’t deserve to be cheated and basically stolen from. I will try to show you a picture of what she thought she was paying for and the picture of what I got. Mind you, the order and the picture says the price for picture shown but she paid for the next size up which is the large and added in her order a helium balloon that said happy birthday which I never got. Not only that she specifically asked that it would be filled with daisies (my favorite flower) instead of the other flowers, she paid extra for it and didn’t get that either.

She was also told that they would be no delivery charge and they wound up charging her for a delivery also. Shame on you Ava‘s flowers and all they have to say is they blame it on the florist, the florist blames them. Florist claims they received basic description for arrangement and they got a lousy $30 of the $90 that my sister paid and then they’re supposed to make their arrangements look like what they’re advertising I don’t think so. Never ever will I buy again from you and every chance I get I will inform anyone and everyone that you are not a trustworthy company.

Avas Flowers Company Information