2.66/5
Based on 1,221 ratings submitted in the last year

1596 Avas Flowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 15, 2019

I ordered flowers online and never received an email verification, yet my credit card was charged. On website for Avas Flowers, all three phone numbers drop calls. No way to contact the business. Flowers were NEVER delivered. SCAM. SCAM. SCAM.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I ordered flowers while in Indianapolis for my mother in law for Mother's Day and clearly entered her name, address, and room number. I checked everything that I entered before submitting the order. The flowers were delivered to me at my home in Chattanooga, TN. When I contacted customer service regarding this mistake, I was put on hold and talked to very rudely. I never received a callback and had to order her flowers from another company. Plus, I was charged a ridiculous charge for these flowers that were nothing special!

Original review: May 15, 2019

Ordered flowers for Mother's Day and paid the expedited shipping and they did not deliver as promised, then they said they delivered on another day which they did not and then they finally told me they could not find someone in the town my mother lives, over 1 million population, to fulfill the order and this was on Tuesday AFTER Mother's Day. Scam artist at the worst.

Original review: May 14, 2019

My son ordered me flowers for Mother's day that were supposed to be delivered on Mother's day. They emailed him on Mother's day saying they would be delivered on Monday instead. It is now Tuesday and still no flowers. When he contacted them they said his order number was not in the system. Same order number that was in the email they sent. Total scam.

Original review: May 14, 2019

After hearing my sister was going through a difficult time, I called and order a bouquet of daffodils, her favorite flower, and being springtime, I didn't think this would be difficult. My flowers were delivered several hours later than they were supposed to be, and then I found out the bouquet didn't include a SINGLE DAFFODIL! I was charged $107.66 for a bouquet I did not order. I submitted my complaint twice online, though I never received a reply, even in my spam folder. I was out of town for several days, and called today to complain and was told that they were out of daffodils and a supervisor authorized the alternate bouquet to be delivered.

When I asked why they didn't contact me and inform me that my requested flower was unavailable, they had no answer. I spoke with a supervisor, who told me that since it was past the 24 hours, I could not request a refund, but they would give me $20 towards a future order. I informed her I would NEVER do business with them again, and would make sure everyone I know will know their business is horrible, and they should not be allowed to be in business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: May 14, 2019

Despite assurance by phone, our Mother's Day bouquet was not delivered then. We cancelled credit card payment Monday afternoon, and then early Tuesday morning (about 8 a.m.) the flowers were "delivered" by being left in the rain in the driveway. This New Jersey florist should be avoided.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I ORDERED FLOWERS FOR A FRIEND'S 70TH Birthday, and they were never delivered. I sent a request to find out what happen through their website without results. I called the company and it was the same. They keep sending e-mails back that they are looking into it. I have tried on numerous occasions to get my money back to no avail. This is the worst on-line company I have ever dealt with. DO NOT ever order flowers from this place.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Avas Flowers was absolutely awful! Not only did they not deliver my flowers on time for Mother’s Day but when I called the customer service representative was awful and basically said, "Sorry we can’t help you." When I asked for a supervisor he said he didn’t have access to do that. I asked for a place to submit a review and he was like, "I’ll transfer you" then hung up on me! DO NOT USE AVAS.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I ordered flowers for Mother's Day. The website said flowers would be delivered Saturday Or Sunday. I thought - perfect. Well - they were never delivered. I followed through on their website and they said delivery would now be Monday - the day after Mother's Day. Who wants that? Late flowers - I gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited all day to see if they were delivered. Of course they weren't. I called the company this AM and they cancelled my order and reassured a refund would be seen in about 5 days - we shall see...

Original review: May 14, 2019

I ordered flowers for my 82 year old Mom in Florida. I was told she would receive them Friday 5-0-19. On Friday I received a email stating they could not meet that deadline and would deliver them Monday 5-13 the day after Mother's Day. As I could make no other arrangements I explained to my mom and she looked for them all day on Monday. They never came. I just called this "company" to find the had canceled them with the reason they couldn't not fill the order and will refund my money. They offered a credit on my account. Someone please use all of these credits as I will never call them again. Very disappointing.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Hands down the worst floral company I have ever dealt with. Paid $140 for a flower arrangement only to get a email claiming the arrangement we paid for wouldn’t be possible due to “seasonal availability.” Then went on to say that they wouldn’t be able to deliver on Mother’s Day... it would be Monday, the day after. Come said delivery date, we get another email saying that delivery was changed AGAIN and is now set up for Tuesday. 30 minutes on hold before anyone answered the phone. Gave us a $20 store credit like we will actually be using them again. Almost laughable. Save your money and go elsewhere.

Original review: May 14, 2019

There was an issue delivering flowers on Mother's Day, only partially their fault. However, I have left three help tickets and called repeatedly over the last 48 hours and have yet to make contact with a single human being. I HATE computers for customer service, and even more so if they ask you a bunch of questions, put you on hold, and then eventually hang up.

Original review: May 14, 2019

This flower company is TERRIBLE!! Don’t order from here. They promised the flowers would be delivered on mother’s day but now aren’t going to be delivered for another 3 days! Let’s be honest I’d give them a 0 star rating. They refused to compensate us and on top of that was unapologetic. Do yourself a favor and don’t waste your time or money here.

Original review: May 14, 2019

AVOID. Missed not only the promised delivery date of the Saturday before Mother's Day, but the flowers still hadn't arrived by Monday night. Their call center drone offered a 15% discount and said that was the most they could do. Also, they are NOT a local florist located in whatever town you Googled - they're just a call center in New Jersey, despite the "local community" BS on their search-optimized web page. Absolute scam artists. You've been warned.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Avas Flowers does not advertise accurately. I will go so far as to say that I feel very misled. They advertised delivery, even same day delivery. However, they were unable to deliver anything, even with three days notice. Even when florists run out of a certain type of flower or arrangement, they always offer a substitute at least. But, not Avas. They took my money on Friday. Late on Saturday, they say sorry, but they can’t deliver until Monday. They never offered a substitute so that they could at least deliver on Sunday. Monday was a day late, and two days later than I requested.

Finally, on MONDAY, I get an email that says they simply CANCELLED my order! Are you kidding me? They couldn’t deliver on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, OR Monday. They never tried to substitute. They refuse to answer their phone. AND, their phone system just hangs up on you after you have been on hold for 10 minutes. They just send you email promises every day, only to break the promise via email the very next day. This is the worst florist I have ever tried to do business with during more than 30 years of buying flowers for my friends and family. Do not be deceived by their “friendly” but misleading web site. Is zero stars a rating option, or do I have to give them one star?

Original review: May 13, 2019

I ordered a pink and ivory bouquet for my mother for Mother's Day. What she received instead was a bunch of daisies with three red roses stuck in the middle. When I called to complain, it took about 20 minutes to get to an actual person. When I told him the problem, he said he had to check with the florist who delivered them. When he came back, he said, "I can't do anything for you because I can't get ahold of them. Their phone goes to voice mail." So, I'm out $75 for a bunch of daisies!

Original review: May 13, 2019

The flowers were not delivered on Saturday before Mother’s Day. 2 days have passed and still no flowers. I have been on the phone for hours, spoke to 3 reps and they all said they are trying to resolve, and they will call me back, but they don’t. My son paid $95 for all this aggravation. This company is horrendous.

Original review: May 13, 2019

My order was not delivered to my daughter on 5/11 for a Mother's Day surprise. My order was placed on May 1st so there would not be a rush or any delivery problems, no delivery was made and my daughter was home in time for the delivery. I called twice and e-mailed twice on 5/12 Mother's Day. No response. I called 3 times today spending over an hour on the phone still no resolution. I want a full refund.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I usually use a different company when sending flowers for my mother-in-law for Mother's day but I really didn't think it made any difference. I was so wrong. She didn't receive the flowers in the two-day delivery period and when I called, the automated phone system said they had been delivered! I finally got ahold of someone named Julia who said she said they had been delivered on a specific date and time but had to do some "investigating" by contacting the driver who apparently wasn't answering his calls. She promised to call me back. I waited for most of the day and then called them back.

The next person I talked to (Calena) originally said she wanted to give me a refund, but then came back on the phone and said that the flowers had been delivered, this time on a different date and a different time! I told them that this was a lie; the person had not received the flowers on either day and delivery drivers who carry cell phones can easily verify a delivery--it shouldn't take all day. I told her that if I didn't get a refund from them, I was going to dispute the transaction at the bank because it was obvious they were lying. She said to call back in two hours (it was going to be 5 p.m. and I am sure they would be closed). I disputed it at the bank anyway. Awful, awful people. Do NOT do business with them! Need to be closed down.

Original review: May 13, 2019

My son and I ordered flowers for his girlfriend’s 21st birthday. The confirmation email said they would come 5/11-5/12 by 7pm. On the 12th, her birthday, they sent an email saying they would deliver them the 14? 2 phone calls later, they would deliver them the 13th. Got an email today 5/13 that they cancelled the order because they reached capacity. Meanwhile they haven’t credited my credit card and his girlfriend was in tears because she’s convinced he forgot her birthday! DO NOT USE THESE GUYS. THEY’RE CROOKS!

Original review: May 13, 2019

I wish I had searched reviews before I placed my order for Mother's Day Flowers. The reviews on their web page were obviously fake. I did a search for local florists in the vicinity of my mother (Mashpee, MA). I was enticed by free delivery for her local addresses! I placed my order and then received an email that the bouquet I ordered was no longer available. They would substitute to make a similar arrangement of equal or greater value. I agreed (I figured it was Mother's Day weekend and some items may have already sold out).

I called my mom on Sunday, Delivery was suppose to happen Friday. She had not received any flowers. I just did a search on my order and they are scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. Almost a week after I ordered them. They are not local at all. Looks like the company is in NJ not Massachusetts as advertised. Seems like cancelling the order is going to be a nightmare, so I will see what we get (free deliver, but they add $17.99 for service fee). DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY TO ORDER FLOWERS!!!

Original review: May 13, 2019

I ordered a beautiful ivory and pink arrangement for my Mom, and the arrangement she got was purple and yellow random flowers, not at all like the picture. When I contacted Avas they asked me to send a photo of it, which I did. Shortly after I received a reply that said the arrangement I got was "within the recipe and guidelines that the bouquet called for". What a ripoff! I will never use them again!

Original review: May 13, 2019

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!! I ordered Mother’s Day Flower’s last week to be delivered on Saturday. On Saturday night, I received an email that they wouldn’t be delivered until Tuesday, to my mom who lives in a different state. Then, I get an email this morning (Monday) saying that they have had too many orders and won’t be able to complete my order at all! They also add a $20 processing fee at check out. Do not waste your time ordering from this company!!!

Original review: May 13, 2019

I ordered flowers for Mother’s Day to be delivered on Saturday by 1pm. When I called the morning of I was reassured twice that the flowers would be delivered by then, and they never were. I called to find out the problem and they had changed the delivery date to the following Tuesday and never notified me about it. When I cancelled my order they said that they would only give me a partial refund and kept the $19.99 service fee for doing absolutely nothing. I told them that I was reassured that it would be delivered by that time and date and would like my full refund and after they reviewed the audio recording of that conversation their response was that they would be speaking with the employee that told me that. I wish I would have read all of the awful reviews before using this company. Worst customer service I have ever dealt with!

Original review: May 13, 2019

Ordered flowers to be delivered on Mother’s Day, but received an email the following day stating delivery would be pushed to the day after due to volume and out of stock for flowers. Then on Mother’s Day I received another email stating the delivery was pushed another day and wouldn’t be delivered until the Tuesday after Mother’s Day. Now here it is the Monday after Mother’s Day and they have cancelled my order. It is too late to even try to salvage the day and am left without the order or ability to have flowers delivered from another more reputable florists. Lesson learned and never again!

Original review: May 13, 2019

I order 3 flower arrangements for mother day, 2 for the same address and the 3rd one from a different person, 3 different order numbers. I ordered on Avas Flowers website with over a week in advance. 1 order was to be delivered Saturday May 11 and the other 2 on Sunday May 12. This was never delivered. They delivered some other arrangements. It was very nice so it was accepted. On The same day a 2nd arrangement was delivered, 6 tulips, l said it must be a mistake. l didn't order tulips and my next scheduled delivery was for the next day May 12, 24 roses and chocolate, l paid close to $90.00 dollars for this arrangement. It was never delivered. l called Avas Flowers customer service and the answer l received was "we were trying to help you out." The roses would have never made it by Sunday, some UPS delivery situation, l was never informed about this otherwise l would have ordered from another site.

Once l realized that it was a delivery problem l asked, so when can they be delivered? They said the tulips was the replacement for the 24 roses and the chocolate, there was nothing they could do other than to offer me a discount on my next order, LOL, l was charged $90.00 dollars for 6 tulips!!! I didn't keep the tulips. I don't even know what the other person with the 3rd order received... l can't believe this company is allowed to do business, they are stealing money from customers, if helping me is sending what you want to send instead of what l pay for, thank you but no thanks. Dishonest business all around, customer service is well trained to conform to the business dishonest schemes. I will never buy from them again, l will advise anyone who does to be ready for disappointment.

Original review: May 13, 2019

They post themselves up as local and they aren't. They said they could deliver to my mother for Mother's Day and they FAILED!! Also, it's very difficult to even contact them, all automated customer service because THEY DO NOT CARE! DO NOT USE THEM.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Ordered Flowers worth about $170 for my girlfriend on Mother's Day. Even after calling multiples times and being reassured they will be delivered that day flowers were never delivered. Heard multiple excuses that they are backed up because of Mother's Day but honestly I don't care... Don't take more business than you can handle because all this does is leave me with a bad experience and a disappointed girlfriend and Mom. Got an email now saying they will be delivered today. Unfortunately Mother's Day is over now. I will not purchase any flowers at Avas Flowers again.

Original review: May 13, 2019

This was the first time I have ever used AVAS flowers and it will definitely be my last time. I ordered flowers for my mom in Massachusetts, since this was the first Mother's Day she would be celebrating without my grandmother. I placed the order a week or so before Mother's Day to be delivered on Saturday, May 9th. Well Mother's Day has come and gone and my mother NEVER received her flowers. When I called AVAS to inquire about the order, I was transferred four times, hung up on twice and the last customer service representative was humming while I was speaking and explaining myself.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I ordered a flower arrangement to be delivered on Friday, May 10th, 2019 to my daughter-in-law's place of work. I did not receive a delivery notice on Friday, and instead, received one on Saturday. So, at the risk of inconveniencing my daughter in law, I asked her to go by her work so she could pick them up. THEY WEREN'T THERE Saturday either. I left several requests for assistance and received no call back. I will NOT use AVAS FLOWERS ever again! They still haven't been delivered!!

Avas Flowers Company Information