1.2/5 (166 ratings)

About Avas Flowers

Avas Flowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Provided great last minute services for my mothers home going arrangements across the country!! I placed my order while recovering from brain surgery in Chicago and could not fly back to California for the services. However I was able to get my Mother a lovely arrangement.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I was very disappointed at how small the arrangement was for the exorbitant price of $114.40. Especially since I upgraded the plant arrangement. This was ordered for a person that suffered a loss in her family due to an unexpected tragic death. The company already charged 9.99 for delivery, and then a service fee of 28.04. (what is a "service fee") along with a price for upgrading the arrangement. Arrangement was very small. I checked Avas Flowers' prices against other florists in the area and if I done my research more carefully and had time to do so I would have never, and will never order from Avas again. Complete over pricing for an arrangement that was exceptionally small. I plan on passing this on to all my colleagues.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

The flowers delivered different products & designs (totally not the same as the picture listed on the website). Beware this company charged additional service fees without stated information in advance, when you do check out payment there are automatically additional service fees USD24.95 Plus Tax. Please check the review before ordering with this company. I doubt they are a first-hand florist store locally. The company needs to shut down. The website has been scamming & conning the customers on e-commerce. Not trusted shopping online over the years.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

$75 for no flowers and no refund- talked with customer service three days in a row trying to resolve- claim flowers were delivered- sympathy flowers, no sympathy from company-I am not wealthy. From now on I will use local florists!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

If there was a zero rating, I would use it. I should have read the reviews prior to ordering. Ordered flowers for a sick family member. Ordered Friday morning, Saturday afternoon still waiting for delivery. They offer a coupon for free delivery, then charge a $25 service fee. Trying to get resolution over the phone results in obviously out of country support. NEVER again.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

I ordered a floral arrangement with the promise of same day delivery. I called the company to get more information on the local florist they were supposedly using. I was given the name of a local business: William Paul Floral Design in Austin and called the florist at 737-400-4476. When speaking with the clerk however, they received no such order, told me they do not take orders from Avas Flowers and also told me they are a well known scam internet business.

Within 5 minutes of having originally placed my order, I called Avas flowers and they refused to refund me. I pressed them about the lie and asked them what other local florists they supposedly use and was then told they couldn’t tell me due to “florist privacy laws”. I laughed. They immediately charged my credit card though no flowers were ever delivered. I called three more times and told them I had already reported this to my credit card company and I was going to make every effort to shut them down. They used stall tactics. A

The fourth agent admitted the flowers were never delivered. I reported this to the NJ BBB also and filed a formal complaint. I’m probably not going to be out any money, but as a hardworking, honest American who served her country honorably, it makes me so angry. I took the time to post this because I want to warn others. Check out Avas Flowers scam on Facebook. Yup, there’s a whole Facebook page on them. Sad to take advantage of people in this way.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

I ordered flowers from this company in the amount of $150 for a funeral. They told me they would inform upon delivery. That never happened. I tracked the order and was informed it had been delivered. I contacted the funeral home. They said they had no such delivery. I was then responsible for contacting Ava's, who told me "Oh, it says delivered because it left the florist. It will be there by 7pm and we will notify you". 9 pm came and no notification. I called the funeral home. They said "We close at 6 pm and we didn't get any flowers".

The next day I was charged with calling Ava's again. This time they said, "Yeah... we haven't been able to get in contact with the florist, so they may not have actually sent the flowers. We will find another florist and get it delivered ASAP". They claimed they would let me know when they arrived. Well of course, no notification and I was tasked with having to call them AGAIN! I mean. There is already death in the family... do you have no sympathy! They say it's delivered and so I call the funeral home to verify (because of course I can't trust Ava's at this point). Yes, they have the delivery, they confirmed. But no, it wasn't what I paid for. No Banner... which cost me an additional $10. No stand, though I ordered a standing arrangement. I was told it was in a. I quote "Easter Basket". I AM DONE WITH THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

I ordered a $102 arrangement for my mother, who recently had neck surgery. I searched on Google for a local florist who could accommodate a same-day delivery (my parents live in a remote town in Florida and I wanted to give my business to the local florist). I was misled by the false advertising (that Avas Flowers was local) and placed my order. Within an hour, I received a text message stating that there was an issue with my arrangement availability. I clicked the link and was directed to choose a new delivery date--new delivery date 8/16; initial same-day delivery 8/13. I did not proceed because I did not pay an exuberant "service fee" to be inconvenienced.

At this point, a few red flags went off in my mind. First off, I did not receive an email confirmation and thought it was weird that I was receiving text messages. Second, why was the arrangement I had JUST ordered experiencing issues? The arrangement was featured on their website and therefore should be available; if it is not available, take it off. In addition, why was my same-day delivery now being pushed to 3 days? In that case, I should be charging them an inconvenience fee.

These red flags caused me to research the company and we all know what came up...SCAM. I immediately sent in a cancel request (as they were closed) and would follow up this morning. Avas Scam Flowers called me twice this morning--first time @ 9:28A from their 877 # and the second time @ 9:29A listed as an UNKNOWN NUMBER. I might just be jumping to conclusions but if this was a professional establishment their communication wouldn't be so incompetent--text messaging customers, calling multiple times in 30 second intervals, blocking the phone number, and not to mention their automated system hangs up on you for no apparent reason.

Also, when you go to the "SUPPORT" tab on their website, why are there so many issues listed and paragraphs of text supporting these claims? What are they trying to justify? All the various ways they can anger and scam customers? That is my guess. I spoke with a "representative" and told her I expect a full refund for reasons of Avas lack of availability, BS delivery, but most importantly because of their intentionally misleading advertising. I was offered a $15 discount. I said "no." I received another stupid text message stating my refund was issued. So let's see if I get my refund. Happy note: I found the REAL local florist and ordered a beautiful bouquet for my mother.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

Ordered a lovely arrangement from photo. They tacked on a $24 service fee. Total $100+. Rec'd an email to call them. Got transferred 4x. Substituted cut flowers, undersized vase, no water! Hideous. I get better flowers from the local grocery store for 1/10th of the cost. Please shut down this company that showed up first on Google. I have pics I wish I could share. Pathetic.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

-1 rating. Ordered 2- items For Same Day Delivery to Hospital for car accident victim (Nephew). The following day after I checked on delivery status. I was told they ran out of Bear GET WELL BALLOONS - so I said CANCEL THE ORDER then, They will not cancel orders! Even if it is the mistake! Buyer BEWARE. If you need something iMPORTANT delivered DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

Ordered a $59 arrangement, didn't look like picture online. I could've done a better job had I gone to the grocery store and bought my own flowers and arranged them myself. Had I read the reviews, I would've known to use someone else.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

Telephone order for same day delivery. This was an important event for teachers returning to school. The order was placed at 1pm and I was assured that delivery would happen. I received a notification that it was delivered when, in fact, it was not. Further investigation revealed it never left the florist and it's going on day 2! They offered to remedy the situation by offering $15 off! You've got to be kidding! Wish I could've reported how the arrangement looked; unfortunately, I never saw it! Garbage company, I would NOT recommend.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I tried to order flowers for my Mother who lives in the Tulsa area and was told that it would be same day service only to find out that the flowers would not in fact get there today. Upon speaking with customer service I find that there isn't anything that they can do for me and the refund would take 7-10 business days which is completely unacceptable.

Original review: July 23, 2022

I ordered flowers for my mom early Friday morning. I had searched for Old Lyme florists. Avas Flowers came up first. They advertised same day delivery. The service charge of close to $30 was definitely unusual and thinking I was paying higher for same day deliver from a likely new mom and pops shop in the area, I went ahead and purchased. I received a confirmation Friday evening that the flowers were delivered from the company. I also received confirmation from my mother that she did not receive anything. Hoping that next day it would be delivered, I received a call Saturday afternoon from Avas Flowers asking to postpone and would consider giving me $15 off to allow them to deliver on Monday. Given that I would clearly pay extra for delivery on the same day, the request blew my mind. What a failure, a truly horrible company. Everything about their website is misleading.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I ordered a funerary floral arrangement to be delivered to my dad from here. But I tried within a couple of hrs of placing order since my dad preferred that we donate to a charity. After bombarding me with calls from just to tell me that they refuse to cancel which could have been said in an email or text. Since they could not cancel it, I asked if it would be delivered in time and if they delivered to rural areas. They said yes it would be delivered before noon and that they were able to deliver to the address provided. It's already noon and my family hasn't received the arrangement. And based what I have seen from other reviews, they are probably going to send the cheapest thing available. Even though I paid over $150.

Original review: July 17, 2022

This company is a joke! They assured me delivery within 3 hrs not only did they not deliver, but they didn't even bother to call. They were given 3 phone#'s! along with explicit instructions! They are quick to take your money but please don't make the same mistake I did!!!! Save yourself heartbreak when they don't follow through! From now on I will read reviews first!

Original review: July 15, 2022

I ordered flowers for my 30th wedding anniversary and was guaranteed delivery on the 14th of July. After numerous inquiries regarding the status on my order, which is done thru an automated phone service, I was told that I would receive an email or text stating the status of my delivery. After several attempts to get the status (with no notification either by email or text) I called the customer support line. At the end of countless redirects on the automated phone system I received a recording that deliveries were not being made due to "Non Binary Person Day" and that live person customer support would not be available until the next day.

On the morning of the 15th I called to state my dissatisfaction with the non delivery but was told that the delivery was made (apparently this statement was made by the delivery driver) by 7pm on the 14th and there was not a problem. I then proceeded too inform the customer support individual my dissatisfaction with this whole problem and was informed all they could do is refund $20 for my problems.

After reviewing my security camera footage and seeing the delivery man on my doorstep the morning of the 15th, the customer support individual then proceeded to tell me that due to high volume, the delivery could not be made by 7pm on the 14th and that it was indeed made on the 15th (strange that it was admitted after I could show proof that it was in fact not delivered on time). After spending $40 for guaranteed delivery and service and proving that services were not completed as promised and as guaranteed, this to me is a slap in the face along with extreme anger being blatantly lied too about the service not to mention the floral arrangement was wilted and of poor quality. Whatever ever you do, do not trust this company with any type of quality service or product. You will not be extremely unhappy and frustrated with the end result.

Original review: July 12, 2022

The flowers that I picked on the website were nothing like what was delivered. When I reached out to the company that put the flowers together. They apologized and said that they consistently have issues with Avas Flowers. There is not a picture for them to work with and the amount of money that actually goes to for the flowers are probably cut in half. Beware of this company.

Original review: July 10, 2022

Ordered flowers on Thursday for Friday delivery, having been misled by their website that Avas was local! Today is Sunday and we had to leave. The birthday flowers have not arrived, despite email promises and failure to callback. Avas had no difficulty in immediately debiting my card, clearly despite having any guarantee of delivery. Surely this is fraudulent practice? I should have read the Avas reviews first! Seeing the multitude of one stars, I suspect this company must be internet-based overseas! No company of this standard should be allowed to remain in business.

Original review: July 6, 2022

I should've done my research. I was searching for a florist in my friend's hometown and Avas popped up. I thought it was a local florist....only to find out it's some nationwide service. I ordered the flowers on a Saturday (holiday weekend). They attempted to deliver the next business day and were not successful. I have tried to get a hold of them to give them a timeframe for delivery due to funeral arrangements, but their automated system is terrible. There is no live person to talk to or give instructions. I am very disappointed and looks like I will need to reorder flowers from a reputable place.

Original review: July 5, 2022

I ordered a dozen long-stem roses to have delivered to our hotel room in Maui to celebrate our 10-year anniversary. I placed the order five days in advance and was promised they would be delivered to our hotel room either Sunday evening or Monday morning. (The day of our anniversary.) I asked several times; "are you sure you can deliver on Sundays and holidays?" "Oh yes, this delivery is guaranteed." Monday came and went with no flowers, AND, no email, text, or call letting me know the status of the order. I called in on Tuesday morning and only got an automated system. They called back a few hours later and said they could deliver them on Wednesday, which was two days past our anniversary, PLUS, the day we were leaving Hawaii. I can't tell you how disappointed in them. I highly recommend YOU NOT use this service.

Original review: July 2, 2022

I bought a bouquet for my mother from these scam artists the day before Mother's Day, but after making the payment, I checked the receipt they'd emailed me and saw that they'd charged me a $27.94 "service fee" that was not listed on the bill when I made the payment. I immediately tried cancelling the order online, and I received an automatic message saying that I couldn't cancel the order. I immediately emailed them asking to cancel the order and issue me a 100% refund, and they never responded. I called them as well and no one picked up.

They delivered the order the next day, and when I called them again after to get my money back, they never answered. I contacted my bank to dispute the payment, and Avas Flowers flat out lied, saying I'd never contacted them about a refund so they were denying my request. Clearly this company is designed to scam people and then insulate themselves from any negative feedback. They don't answer when you contact them, and they add hidden charges that are probably written in microscopic text at the bottom of the page or something. They clearly don't exist to help customers, but rather scam them out of their money.

Original review: July 2, 2022

The flowers were delivered late on a very important date after I was told that they would be delivered on time. I was very specific about the arrangement which was very fitting for the occasion. They sent the absolute wrong flowers AND THEY WERE DEAD flowers!!! I spent way too much time calling and texting. They did refund 25.00 after adding on a 26.00 Universal fee. This is a scam of a company and they should be shut down. Don't use them. Oh...their online presence is very clever. When I went searching for local florists they came up first and actually lied about their location. A scam!!! Stay away.

Original review: June 30, 2022

I wanted to send a mini rose bush. Called to place the order. The agent said the item was in stock and even suggested the yellow rose bush because it was the nicest, had the most buds, etc. Said she was looking right at them. Instead they sent a peace lily with 2 cut yellow roses sticking out of it. EVERYONE ALREADY HAS A PEACE LILY - I didn't want to send a peace lily! When I talked to customer service they said they would either refund me half or they would pick up the wrong order and deliver the correct one. This was a sympathy gift for someone who just lost his father - I'm not gonna bother him with this pettiness of having to return the peace lily.

I raised holy hell with the agent insisting that they just deliver the correct item and forget about picking up the peace lily, but they wouldn't do it. They finally agreed to refund me in full, which is stupid because it seems it would be cheaper for them to just deliver the rose bush, but whatever - I'll use the refund to order the rose bush somewhere else. I will never use this company again and wish I had read these reviews before I ordered. Live and learn. Avoid this company because they seriously suck!

Original review: June 26, 2022

Says free delivery but then adds $25 service fee at the very end after you put in all credit card info. Has a place for notes about order, but they ignored the notes & tried to deliver when my daughter was not home, even though I asked them not to deliver before this time. They did not leave them there, which I do not understand why, but instead called her at work & told her she had to pick them up! These were supposed to be a surprise for her!

When I called the # they gave her it didn't work, so I tried to call the # on website and sat on hold forever & I had to go. Emailed them with no reply. Tried to cancel order on website, says you can't cancel same day delivery! Then they called her again the next day to tell her she had to pick them up, they told her I only paid for a one time delivery?? What?!! I am shocked that they could ask her to pick up her own gift!!! I paid so much for these and instead of being surprised and feeling special they made her stressed and ruined the surprise! They still have not got back to me and we still don't have the flowers that we do not want anymore and still no reply. I am SO disappointed and never had such a bad experience in my life with flowers!

Original review: June 19, 2022

I was looking for a unique and summerlike arrangement to send to my "Better Other Mom", or my aunt who is 92, and my friend and mentor. Avas had one and they were having free delivery at the time also. Knowing how much delivery usually costs I decided that the arrangement was perfect and to have it delivered the next day. Went thru all of the checkouts there is the as we all do and sure enough there it is.

Service charge and handling charges plus tax make the total a lot more than the arrangement at full price plus full price delivery etc. Well, I just about canceled but the flowers were too unique and the arrangement did so different that she should and would have it. I ordered it. That was that. I did leave them a message about the amount and how it was handled and that I was not a happy customer. However, when my aunt received the flowers the delivery lady had a big smile on her face as she handed them to her. My aunt immediately called and texted me both and said that this one "WAS THE BEST ONE YET" because I send her flowers every month. Her pleasure and smiles were worth the money but I do not like the way you are not apprised or informed (although I know about the service and handling) but $20.00 for handling?

Original review: June 15, 2022

I ordered a plant for a sick friend in Chattanooga. The Plant was delivered as promised and in good quality. I was most surprised and not happy when my friend sent me a picture of the delivery tag. It had a quote from John of the gospels. I am not a Christian and neither is my friend. I realize it is in the South, but it is tasteless and presumptuous to think everyone wants to read this. I would never impose my value system on someone else when all they wanted to do was purchase something. Maybe they should ask and not wear their piety on their sleeves. Of course, that will be with the next customer, and not me.

Original review: June 11, 2022

Placed order for a birthday bouquet for my daughter out of state. Selected “like displayed” for the bouquet size. It was not the largest or smallest option. The bouquet displayed was beautiful. It arrived on the day requested but considerably smaller than the bouquet displayed. I sent a photo of the expected ordered bouquet to my daughter and she replied I must’ve gotten ripped off because it was quite a bit smaller and unlike the product displayed.

I called the company to explain my dissatisfaction and two offers were either be given $25 of a $75 order back or They would remake the bouquet. I told them I could have picked that bouquet that was delivered at the store! It was terrible. The offer of a refund of $25 was grossly unsatisfactory. So I took the option to have them remake the bouquet so at least she get more of the flowers I felt I paid for. Oh which they are not able to have redelivered until two days later.

I asked for the name of the floral agent who delivered the bouquet because I would not want to use them if I ordered flowers directly in the future. Because clearly Ava’s doesn’t care about quality. They would not tell me who the floral agent was. So I asked my daughter. It was no shock that the floral agent was indeed a grocery store. So will somebody please explain to me why a grocery store can’t remake a bouquet and have it re-delivered same day? Ugh. I would stay clear of Ava‘s flowers. If the best they can do with a floral agent in a big city is a grocery store to fill a floral order then it’s obvious better florists are staying clear of them to contract with also.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I ordered online, they accepted order for delivery next day - I paid in full - then mid morning the day of delivery - they text me telling me they cannot make the delivery and I need to pick another day. I literally have someone dying in the hospital and they cannot get flowers there within 24 hours of the order being placed. They offered maybe in the next few days for a 10% discount - REALLY!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!

Original review: June 9, 2022

Avas Flowers is a misleading company. They advertise as having stores in towns and Zip codes that they DO NOT have physical stores. They do not ship what you order and add additional service charge and delivery to your order even when a delivery coupon is given. They do not deliver in a timely manner and they do not have people to talk to about delivery. It is a machine. Usually you order for a special occasion. DO NOT order from AVAS flowers. You will be disappointed.

Avas Flowers Company Information