2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

3.5/5 (930 ratings)

About Avas Flowers

Avas Flowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I ordered flowers on 9/11 to be delivered on 9/22. The bouquet was going to a couple who had lost a baby and 9/22 was the due date. The reason I picked the bouquet I did was for the specific colors. Blue was very important since the baby was a boy. The bouquet ended up costing us $88. It was a $49 bouquet. They received the bouquet and it looks nothing like the photo. No blue flowers. I am giving a generous 3 stars since they did deliver on the right date. But in 11 days they couldn't get the right flowers together? Will not be using them again.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Ordered flowers for a family funeral 9/9/21 and set up delivery for 9/12/21. On the Morning of the funeral (9/12/21) I received a text message saying the order had to be canceled because of unforeseen circumstances and I was receiving a refund. Waiting until so close to the delivery time left me with no alternative and I was not able to have an arrangement at the funeral. Avas gave no indication that delivery could be an issue at the time of purchase or in the days following. I don’t see how waiting that long to tell a customer their order is going to be canceled is considered good business. Calling their support line is useless. They offer no explanation but they do say that it is something that will never happen again. That does nothing to address the terrible position they put me and my family in.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

This company offers same day service but does not deliver same day. I attempted to cancel and they refer you to their legally binding contract. Do Not Use Avas! These flowers were for Sympathy and to be delivered to the family of the bereaved, no notice, no delivery!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Placed an order with Avas Flowers in Abingdon Maryland. They did not deliver the flowers to the funeral home as instructed and confirmed. When they contacted me to inform me that they would not be able to make the delivery they offered me very little comfort in apologizing and making it right how can you make a funeral mistake and not have sympathy to own up to your mistake.

Several hours dealing with customer service and being passed around to several other departments which seem to be the same person with a different voice was even more frustrating, hours of time wasted and frustrating emotional is to say the least, they were extremely overpriced. Never was the price in line with what they offered, add-ons were outrageous. Unfortunately I live 500 miles away and the funeral was that day that they failed to deliver. I would not recommend this business to anyone. Realizing that there is a virus and a staffing issue at hand, it would have only taken one kind word and to do the right thing and make it right but even that wasn't applied.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

After ordering flowers for delivery Avas Flowers added a completely bogus $24.94 SERVICE FEE to the total charge, but they don't tell you about this extra service fee anywhere on the website or at the time of ordering. You only find out about it AFTER your credit card has been charged. This is in addition to the cost of the flowers, taxes and a $9.99 delivery charge. This has got to be a complete scam and is disgusting!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

1. This is NOT a local florist. 2. I spent $100 on a floral arrangement in a vase, requesting quality flowers with NO carnations and NO pink colors. 3. They sent a pathetic arrangement which listed for approx. $40 on their own website. It was not at all what I requested and was 6 yellow roses, large CARNATIONS, and PINK alstroemeria. When I saw the bill, they charged me $4.99 for a card, $4.99 for a bow, 9.99 for delivery, and $20.95 for a "service fee", bringing the cost of my "arrangement" to $59.99 and just under $40.00 for misc. fees! I worked as a florist for many, many years and the tiny little cards that are sent with orders cost virtually nothing. I did not ask for a bow, nor was there a bow on the arrangement, so why charge $5.00 for that?

This company is a total scam. They kept trying to push me towards a certain arrangement, and I kept clearly explaining what I wanted. Then they sent whatever they wanted to send, not what I'd asked for! I was completely embarrassed when the recipient sent me a picture of what was sent. DON'T USE THESE PEOPLE! THEY ARE TOTAL SCAMMERS!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I ordered a “Colorful Sympathy Standing Basket” for a funeral in Lynchburg TN. I paid $142.25. The picture was beautiful and I was assured that the delivered product would be the same as the photo. It was not even close to what I ordered. The arrangement was in a small cheap white plastic basket. The few flowers were anything but colorful. I was truly embarrassed when I saw it. I could have found something nicer at a dollar store. I would NOT recommend using this company. The customer service rep offered a $10 credit! I doubt the entire arrangement was worth that!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

My goodness. Compeltely upset and appalled with this company. I ordered flowers early in the morning on a Friday to be delivered to my dear sister for her birthday and was contacted at 6pm telling me the florist could not complete the order and the soonest they could send them was WEDNESDAY the following week. I have never had this happen before and customer service was a joke with an offer for 30% off. STAY AWAY.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

3 flowers in a terrible type of basket received instead of "Assorted Plants in a Basket - DELUXE " The most embarrassing is that I paid $104 for a welcome new baby flowers DELUXE. The 3 pieces of flowers received -- the type that would go for a funeral. Such an embarrassment. I could not apologize enough to my friends for what was done by this company. I can not stop crying. I will try to dispute this charge with my credit card. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. And they "substitute" the rest of the flowers with a regular balloons. Rip off.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I placed an order for a beautiful Feminine Charms bouquet with the chocolates, which was $132.05 with free delivery for my sister's birthday on 27th August 2021. The flowers were delivered on 28th without chocolates. I was absolutely shocked when I saw what my recipient received: the flowers were not arranged at all, and looked like some poor and death flowers that the people threw away, put together and delivered as is without the box of chocolate. The number of my order is #**. I feel absolutely embarrassed I sent these flowers on my sister's birthday. Please refund or explain!

Avas Flowers Company Information