2.66/5
Based on 1,224 ratings submitted in the last year

1600 Avas Flowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 10, 2019

I ordered a potted living Azalea for mothers day. They delivered a blue Geranium. The pop up on google says they are local, they are not. They are call center just like FTD for 1-800-flowers, with worse customer service. They do not have quality control and the customer service is more of a firewall. They do not deliver what they sell or show you. I paid 130.00 with service charges for a flower that would cost about 25 delivered!

Original review: May 10, 2019

I ordered flowers for a friends father who just passed away. Same day delivery was expected. 3 days later still no delivery. The excuse, the name for the recipient was not on the card. Well the funeral home only had one wake going on that day. Maybe an educated guess would have worked...

Original review: May 9, 2019

We ordered a specific bouquet of yellow daffodils to be delivered today. They were unable to provide them or any yellow flowers, and only offered to deliver a bouquet of their choice tomorrow. Unacceptable! When we asked for a full refund, they refused, even though they were not able to provide the service they promised. They said the would be keeping a $17+ service charge. DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE!

Original review: May 9, 2019

I ordered a Mother's Day Bouquet online to be delivered the next day. It was delivered next day but not by the florist I thought I was ordering from, rather a florist 20 miles away from the delivery address and it arrived very thin, with several broken flower stems which fell of the same night. I contacted customer service who requested that I send a picture, which I did and they came back with the arrangement met their specifications. Come to find out, that website operates under local florists names and you are not actually ordering from the local florist that you think you are. I spend $75 for a $15 bouquet that looks as if it was picked up at the local Walmart.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I ordered flowers for a birthday gift and they were not delivered as promised. Originally there was a one day delay and then they didnt arrive on the second day. The email I received stated they would arrive on my requested date which was not true. I tried to cancel the order once I found out that they were not arriving on the second day and was told I could not. I would of used someone else to ensure the gift arrived on time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: May 8, 2019

I ordered flowers for my daughter in law's bday, was promised they would be delivered to her work between 2-4 on the delivery date. They were not delivered, I called customer service and was told the flowers for Michael (her name is Michelle) were not delivered due to an error on the part of the person taking the order. Beings it was the weekend I had to wait until Mon for resolution. I corrected the name several times to each person I spoke to. Come Monday I requested they deliver the flowers to her at home instead of work, Ha they took them to her work and because they asked for Michael, they were told no Michael worked there. Once again another phone call to customer service, so on Tues the flowers were delivered 4 days late and guess what? They were not what I ordered. I have requested a full refund several times and they refunded me 10%. The flowers I ordered for 49.99 were replaced by an arrangement that was worth about $25.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I was assured that a basket with wild looking flowers would be no problem. I had waited. Found out they were delivered the next day. I called the florist to find out that Avas Flowers are not remotely tied to them. They basically hijacked the business. The florist got the order after 4 pm. She called them. They said that a vase with flowers the next day would be fine. No reason to order a MAY BASKET. THE WORST PART is 5 calls to Avas customer service and they say they will not do anything about it.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I had the worst customer experience of my life! I sent my sister some flowers to her job for her birthday and they arrived dead and the note that I has sent with the flowers was scribbled on a small piece of paper by hand with horrible handwriting and they pasted the handwritten note to a card! Are you serious!?! I sent them pictures of the dead flowers and note with the hand scribbled message and I told them how upset I was and they still try to defend their case and say that it was beautiful even though I sent them pictures of the dead flowers! Incredible experience!

Original review: May 7, 2019

Worst company, they don't care. They just take your money and send you crap. When you try to talk to someone they don't want to help. And good luck on getting your money back, it will not happen. I ordered a corsage and boutonniere set, I even sent them a pictured of what I wanted, they said, "Oh sure we can make that," what I got was not even close to what I ordered and the flower on it was wilted. Had to run around trying to find another flower shop that could me within an hour because my son's Prom was that afternoon. Emailed, called, send them the pictures of what I got and they will not refund me or nothing. I could not talk to a supervisor or anyone that would do anything. I hope no one ever uses this company, they should not be in business.

Original review: May 6, 2019

We had accumulated $82 in points with Avas and they were happy to email us that we had points to use. Less than 7 months later we tried to use them but were told the points were expired. No notice. No email saying use your points before they expire. No proof there was even an expiration date. Very disreputable company. AVOID.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I sent flowers to my aunt in Florida and what I ordered and what she received were very different. Flower pods not open, wrong flowers and the arrangement appeared to be dead. Won't refund or replace, just blew me off. They have a Facebook page as well with similar reviews from others. Beware. Do not buy from unless you want to throw your money away.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I am not sure how many people get ripped off by Avas Flowers. I ordered a plant arrangement with flowers in it. I even upgrade to the Premium size. I included a mylar balloon and paid for extra card. Total was $91.87. What my cousin received was a tiny rose bush looking plant that looked like something you would get for $10 at the grocery store or Walmart. It even arrived 3 days late and not delivered by a florist but they actually put it in a box and shipped with UPS!!!! What kind of florist is this! I contacted the company and they said because it was over 24 hrs since she received it, they cannot ship out the correct arrangement due to company policy nor can they give me a full refund.

I told the manager (Maurice) how is someone supposed to know what item the recipient actually receives unless they send you a pic or you go over there. I just happened to visit my cousin 3 days later and saw the pathetic arrangement and was so embarrassed. I sent Avas Flowers a pic of what was received. They agreed it was not what I ordered but would not send the correct one or give me a full refund. Please do not use this florist or you most likely will get ripped off. Most people never actually see the floral arrangement they send to people. They just assume it was okay because the recipient won't say it looks bad. You will see in the photos that what was received was about 10 inches. The plant I ordered was almost 2 feet by 2 feet.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Ordered flowers for my mother's birthday. The customer service rep told me they came with a vase. They were not delivered properly. Actually laid on the ground at her front doorstep in clear cellophane wrap, flowers looked not fresh and no vase. No one was there to receive and they laid them on the ground in the heat. Additionally, I had been trying for a day and a half to get them to contact the designer responsible for delivery and change the delivery date as there was an emergency which required my mother to be out of state.

They were not once but 3 times unable to get ahold of their own provider and unable to tell me when delivered. I had my sister 30 miles away drive to her house and she found them on the ground. I then called back and told them they were delivered and not what I ordered and after sending pictures of what looked like a Wal-Mart $10 bunch I was told it was correct and offered nothing. I PAID $52.68 for a crappy few lilies and sunflowers. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY EVER!!!!

Original review: May 4, 2019

I ordered flowers for someone's birthday. They were scheduled for delivery the next day by 4 pm. They were not. I looked online and it stated they were delivered. I called them and they stated that it was mistakenly marked as delivered. They never showed. I called the next day. They talked me into keeping the order when they told me they would discount it and have there in a couple hours. Again they did not show. I called to cancel. They gave me a hard time until I told them I was going to look into having them investigated for wire fraud. Do not do business with this company. They are a joke.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I tried to order an orchid for a funeral online. The website froze up on me and I had to call customer service. I should have just went to the local grocery store and got them myself. Long story short, the guy told me he would give me a better price than I could get online and he didn’t. They actually charged me an additional $18.93 more and I’m unsure what that “service charge” was for. It wasn’t for their outstanding service! He couldn’t understand English and the sympathy card that I paid an addition $4 for was wrong.

I paid for an orchid. They called me twenty minutes later and told me that they couldn’t get me one but could get me something just as beautiful. What they sent was a green rubber tree looking thing for the same price as an orchid! I could have went to the grocery store and paid $15 for that, got a card for free and had my name on the card but I chose to trust this company, paid $85 and not have my name listed on the card. I am so horribly disgusted and disappointed with this company and the service that I received. I would NOT recommend that anyone use this ever. You will not get what you pay for! >:-(

Original review: May 3, 2019

I contacted Avas Flowers and the representative told me that they were a local florist, which was the first lie. I placed an order for an arrangement to be sent to my nephew's funeral and noticed almost immediately that it was entered wrong. I called back to bring to their attention the mistake and the young lady pretended to change the order but did not. They immediately charged my credit card. When they failed to provide me a confirmation I knew something was wrong. I called back and spoke with Nelson, who placed me on hold to correct the order however he only submitted the order again, incorrectly! I was so angry that I called back to cancel the order but was hung up on.

I called back again and spoke to a customer service representative who stated she couldn't do anything but transfer me back to the order department. I spoke again to Nelson and told him to cancel the order and he told me that it would be. It wasn't. I ended up ordering an arrangement from the same florist they sent it to and I asked the owner to not fill the order from them. He told me that they ordered $225 arrangement but I paid $270. To add insult to injury they took my money, I received no arrangement and my bank told me there was nothing they do because the merchant, Avas Flowers told them they told me about their cancellation policy and the order was not done per the policy. So I've paid $521 for a funeral arrangement. Please do not order from Avas Flowers! They are a big ripoff and I'll be posting this on every site available.

Original review: May 3, 2019

My sister ordered a flower arrangement for my 70th birthday yesterday. Upon the delivery the flowers were not what my sister ordered and therefore she called them to complain that sunflowers were not at all in this arrangement which is my favorite flower. When she called yesterday after speaking to three people and getting tossed around finally someone takes the call and the complaint! She told them that when she ordered the flowers that she definitely needed sunflowers and the arrangement and a person named Alec said that they did and she said, "Please be aware that I need sunflowers and the arrangement" or she was not ordering. She was guaranteed that the sunflowers would be in the arrangement.

To make a long story short after numerous calls and going back-and-forth someone was finally kind enough to take and tell my sister that they would re-send the flowers today with the sunflowers in it and lo and behold 6 pm rolls around and of course no flowers. After some due diligence of checking them out on the internet my sister absolutely thought that she was speaking to a store or a florist here in Florida in Wilton Manors and after much investigation we found out that they are in New Jersey and they outsource the order to another florist who ever denteley did not have some flowers as my sister would guaranteed they would be! This company is a total scam. I’m going to also put a scans and other reviews out there regarding this and I’m calling the Better Business Bureau as well. My sister as well is calling her bank to get her money back! -- THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!!!! Barb **

Original review: May 3, 2019

I ordered an arrangement to be delivered for a friend's birthday, I chose one that had vibrant colors with multiple types of flowers. My friend received a arrangement of pastel Roses horribly arranged in a vase. I emailed customer service and they said it was an acceptable substitution. I was completely embarrassed when my friend sent me a picture of the flowers she received. Do not order from this website!

Original review: May 2, 2019

I was just informed my flowers I ordered the day prior are not getting delivered because they were too late in requesting a different flower replacement. I explained this was the second time they’ve ruined a delivery date. I want my money back. She tried to say I can get partial back. Then tried to give me a credit. I said, "No! This is your ** up. I want a full refund and my order cancelled." I’m never using them again. They’ve ruined two moments for me. Don’t even think you can call customer service for help. You’ll get a non Spanish speaking operator who then tries to call the florist as a third party. Terrible terrible middle man service. The worst.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Not only was the size of the bouquet misrepresented, it looked like it had been made in 5 minutes AND they left my son's name off the card! More than disappointed and frustrated. Customer service is a joke! Said bouquet fell into their guidelines. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! You will be disappointed.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Ordered an arrangement for our anniversary yesterday. Was delivered on time and went smooth till my wife sent me a picture of it. Looks nothing like the picture! Less flowers, wrong colors and baby's breath filler taking up easily 60% of the arrangement!!! I’m glad my wife was happy (doesn't know anything about flowers) but I was furious. Called them today to inform them of the shortage here, at the least I expected them to take the photo of the arrangement and make a new one! But no, 10% refund...that's it!!! Never let me send the photo, wouldn't take it. I spoke to the "manager", unbelievably rude, wouldn't let me speak, couldn't finish a sentence with her at all.

Now to make it more of a complete picture, my mother is a Texas Master Florist and has been in the business of flowers since I was in diapers, almost 30 years later now I happen to know a lot about flowers and floral work as well. I paid extra for this arrangement to be a "large size" to include "more flowers", it's smaller in diameter than the description and all of the above mentioned issues... This is complete Thievery! $97 for an ugly arrangement with baby's breath everywhere... Absolutely unsat! I do NOT recommend them! And will never shop there again! See the "description image regular" vs the "large" that my wife received. Trash.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Please do not buy from Avas Flowers. They substituted my order of Light Pink roses with white in them to a very dark Hot Pink rose. I ordered then at 9:07 am and they delivered them at 5:06 pm that day. Even though the florist is literally 1/2 a mile down the street form the delivery address. I complained and they said they were allowed to substitute and they would do nothing. This was my first time ordering from them. I actually thought I was ordering from a local, florist. Not!! Also the roses were advertised at 59.99. When I was done with deliver charges and "Special Handling" chargers.. What a joke. The order came to $105.00. Buyer beware.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Ahhh… Avas Flowers... Avas has a beautiful website that showcases many stunningly beautiful floral arrangements. So I placed an order with Avas on 3.22.2019. (Order #**). Avas Website indicated that they were a "local shop". However, I later learned this is not the case. As I said, I placed an order with Avas on 3.22.2019 and on 3-25, Alexandra (a Manager) was still telling me (via e-mail): "We have contacted our local shop that delivered the flowers, and we are looking for the best resolution for you. We will continue to contact them. We will reach back out to you to work on a resolution."

Hindsight is ALWAYS "20-20"! I really wished I would've checked dear Avas reviews prior to placing my order! "The Review Scale" is graded on 1-5. If Avas received a score that was indicative of her work, we may have to get into the negative figures. By the close of business on the 22nd I knew that "I'd been had", so I placed another order with a reputable Flower Shop. IT TOOK NEARLY A MONTH for my Credit Card Co. to get my money back. I know I've written said quite a lot, but if you only remember one thing that I've written, DON'T USE AVAS FLOWERS!

Original review: April 29, 2019

Ordered Anniversary flowers (red roses and red carnations - 24 stem) and had them delivered same day. Although the delivery was around the time I requested the arrangement was not anywhere as pictured and had two flowers less. I called and reported the issue and now working on a resolution. Paid 112.00 for an arrangement that looks like it should cost 25-30.00. Although my wife was surprised to receive the flowers, they were cheap looking and subpar for what was represented. Thought I had done my research....

Original review: April 29, 2019

Ordered flowers for a work colleague and was very disappointed in the final product. Not to mention, the website said "free delivery" but I was charged $14 for service & handling. I did not find this out until the final processing of my order. I went ahead with it due to time constraints - just wish it wasn't buried. Flowers were loaded with greenery, but not a lot of flower color. Definitely didn't look like the picture. Was shocked that they couldn't even put a ribbon on the vase (such a simple and inexpensive additive). Their response, when I complained, was that it met their standards. Certainly didn't meet mine or the other 40 people in my office. I wished I had taken the time to review other reviews before I ordered. We will not order from them again. Leslie - Maryland.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I wish I would have read reviews before using Avas Flowers because those alone would have deterred me. The display I ordered and paid $70.00 for was underwhelming to say the least and not at all what was represented online. Customer service was unapologetic and stopped responding pretty quickly; there was no effort to resolve the issue or correct their mistake. I was unbelievably disappointed and embarrassed with the gift my mother received for her birthday. Get more for your money by going to a more professional and caring floral shop.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I wish I could change my answers to the original survey for the following reasons:

1. The website was very misleading in a few ways:

a) The site has a bold "in your face statement" for 45% off on Today's Sale - Online only. I did not see where the "today's sale" reflected a 45% off regular price of this arrangement; but today with this survey; a small disclaimer at bottom stating "in select areas only". What in the world does that mean???
b) After entering all necessary information including the credit card information, then the price reflects a very high service fee (much higher than other area florists) My bill went from $39.99 to 53.98. A 28% INCREASE!

c) The website says the arrangement would look similar but was not guaranteed to look identical to the product shown. There was not a single yellow flower mixed in the arrangement. The flower arrangement did not look like the orange sunset described but rather a sunkist orange soda. All the flowers were orange; not variety of color.

2) For a happy birthday gift sent to my mother, upon arrival of the flowers, the first words I hear are "Thank you but the roses look old and wilting. They are browning around the edges.” The more I think about the quality of the product and the misleading website and charges, I am very dissatisfied with my decision to purchase from Avas flowers.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Ordered flowers for Easter and they were never delivered. Calling customer support was tenuous at best. Young man was courteous but I could not understand his heavy accent. We ended up spelling words so I could understand. Each question I asked required him putting me on hold (36 minutes total). I was first told that I was past their 24 hour window after delivery to complain. Flowers were not delivered so I cannot comment on the flowers. Around and around we went. I was going to ask for redelivery, but opted for refund. Could not do refund as it was past the 24 hours. Still going in circles. Supervisor had just “stepped into a meeting”. Finally they agreed to refund after they verified flowers were not delivered. So now I am a liar too? Ugh. Will never use them again.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Shame on me for not looking up the reviews on Avas Flowers, I will never ever order flowers from them. I ordered flowers for my daughter's birthday, when she got them it was a very small arrangement and the card inside said Get Well Soon. I gave them a call and they told me they would take care of it the next day. The next day came and went and this went on for 3 more days, then they sent me a email saying they didn't have the flowers that I wanted but that they would deliver them on Monday and they would give me a 15.00 credit for the next time I buy flowers. I emailed them back, told them to shove the flowers and I will be getting a full credit, I had to go though my bank to get it though, will not order from them again.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I ordered flowers online from Avas. When I went to visit my daughter the day after delivery I was totally shocked and embarrassed to see the pitiful arrangement that she received. They looked nothing like the picture and I paid $ 70.00 for 5 half dead flowers. I called the company four times. Each person I spoke to gave me a different email address to send a picture of the flowers. When I entered the email address I was notified that it was not a valid address. This company has a real racket going on. I was never contacted by them and feel like I threw away $70. Please do not order from them. The Better Business Bureau should look into Avas Flowers.

Avas Flowers Company Information