2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

3.5/5 (933 ratings)

About Avas Flowers

Avas Flowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: June 19, 2021

This was my first time purchasing flowers from Avas Flowers online. Purchasing process was very easy. I was able to get free same day delivery which was pretty awesome. My recipient got the flowers on the end of the day. The reason for only 3 stars is because they need to improve delivery status; there was no communication on delivery status. I kept sending inquiry request online, finally someone did called but didn't leave any messages. It was very frustrating. Finally at the end of the day, I got an email and text messages stating that my order was delivered VIA FedEx. I wish they would improve their communication by alerting customers regarding delivery status is on its way and send delivery picture. When you are sending flowers to surprise someone, you are anxious to know if your delivery is on its way!

Original review: June 19, 2021

Did not send the bouquet I ordered. I have the photos of the bouquet I ordered and the one I was sent, and they look nothing alike. The one I ordered is beautiful and the one I got looks limp with different types of flowers.

Original review: June 15, 2021

The advert says next day deliver. Next day no delivery, 2nd day the customer service had no idea if flowers I ordered were delivered. So they called my daughter not me the purchaser. Mgr. ** and Cloe customer Svc tell me, they offer, getting another florist. Too late daughter will not wk to receive. Reimbursement held 10 work'g days. They are still making money. Customer Svc is located out of USA, they quote a script. This so called florist is a Rip off. Do not Buy!

Original review: June 12, 2021

My mother was sent birthday flowers from my out of state sister who used, Avas Flowers who contacted a local florist, Stems&Such, Kouts, In. They delivered flowers in a black hearse. Very upsetting for a bereaved widow.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I went to www.avasflowers.net online to order flowers and a "plush," "soft" teddy bear to be delivered to Great Grandpa William **, at a memory loss facility, Glen Park at Boynton, in Glendale, CA for his 84th birthday. Great Gramps is a 101st Airborne, Screaming Eagles, Paratrooper, he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's/Dementia and is wheelchair bound. Our Son came down with Covid/pneumonia and had to be hospitalized at Mayo Clinic in AZ. We drove from CA to AZ to help him and take him to ER, and a few days later his Dad and I came down with Covid so we are quarantined. Great Grandpa had no visitors for his Birthday June 9th.

Because Great Grandpa's memory is set back in time, sometimes age 10, sometimes age 50 but never 84 it was important to have a stuffie for him to cuddle, he likes soft stuffed animals. That was the most important and I waited an hour and a half while they put me on hold and hold again to contact a florist in Glendale, who said they had a medium size, plush Bear, 15 inch or bigger. Someone lied. Plus I specifically asked for a clear glass rectangle base, not a vase cuz he would knock it over. Because if the base is clear either plastic or glass Great Grandpa could reuse it, he could see inside, because if not clear he would forget what is inside. Again someone pretended to understand and confirm my request.

The flowers were nice looking in the picture, but the balloons were for an adult not a child, no clear base, a cheap oval solid base, and the most important issue, No Soft Medium Size Plush Bear for Great Grandpa to cuddle. He is sad in the photo. Never ordering from them again, cuz either they didn't listen, or the florists they contracted with didn't listen, they got paid, but Great Grandpa didn't smile.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I bought a flower arrangement for my girls bday the day before, It was never sent, customer service put me on hold multiple times promising me product. When wanting to cancel they put me on hold multiple times. I'm Fighting this, CONSUMERS WATCH OUT FOR THESE PEOPLE. Don't be mislead by the voice they portray by phone. It's best to buy your stuff in person. Do not make the same mistake I did. Avas Flowers is fake website who like to scam people.

Original review: May 29, 2021

BUYER BEWARE!! No flowers, No delivery, No contact, No email, No phone call. But immediate charge on my credit card. Upon requesting a refund after they missed the birthday delivery by two days, they THEN started sending me emails about how the arrangement I ordered wasn't available and would delayed. First, one delay and then another. Still no flowers, no delivery, no refund....NOTHING. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST!!

Original review: May 27, 2021

NOT A LOCALLY OWNED company! BEWARE OF THE FALSE MARKETING!!! No clue who actually owns “Avas” but they work with local AFFILIATES to fulfill all orders. What does this mean and how does it affect your order? It means they have MANY agents who process your orders and relay those orders to OTHER agents at local facilities that may or may not even be able to accurately fulfill your request(s). They advertise generic items with broad descriptions and leave fulfillment to the discrepancy of those local florists. The final product you receive will be nowhere near what you expect or what is pictured/advertised.

MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE: I ordered a graduation lei and balloons for my niece to be delivered the EVENING BEFORE her graduation ceremony so that she could wear it the next morning. Before placing the order, I wanted to confirm that it was even an item they could make or were familiar with (I called three other TRULY LOCAL florists who did not make leis, so I was conscious that it was apparently an unusual item). The agent assured me that it was indeed an item they could fulfill and implied he was familiar, so I proceeded to place my order.

ONE FULLY PACKED GRADUATION LEI -RED AND WHITE CARNATIONS WITH GREENERY (I asked for only red, but he said the local florists could not do all red and I asked for Ti leaves which he seemed to be confused by but understood “greenery/greens” so I shrugged it off). After processing the order for the lei, he asked if I’d like to do balloons also, so I accepted the upsell and added them to the order. EXPECTED DELIVERY: by evening before graduation day.

On the evening before her graduation, I received a call and text message indicating they would NOT be able to make the delivery in time but would attempt the next day. No guaranteed time of delivery. Because this would likely be too late, I requested a refund/cancellation to which the agent hesitated. The agent tried to glaze over this late delivery and convince me to allow them to deliver next day. I denied the offer because it would likely be too late and pointless. They then put me on hold for a short period and upon returning assured me that they could now indeed deliver that night as intended but were not able to fulfill the balloons as somehow the local florist was out of balloons. I expressed appreciation for the delivery of the lei and relented on the balloons.

Two minutes after hanging up, I received a text message to call them regarding an issue with the order again. I immediately called them and the agent on the phone told me they were missing my niece’s phone number and therefore would not be able to deliver the order?? I never left her number as I wanted these to be a surprise, not to mention she’s a teenager with a lot of other fun events surrounding the graduation and I didn’t want to have her bothered. This agent stated that she saw NO confirmation that they had JUST (2 minutes prior) spoken with me or that they had ever assured me it a delivery for that evening. During that call with her, I received ANOTHER incoming call from Avas...it got very confusing and frustrating as this happened multiple times during an attempt at resolution.

At the conclusion of this phone tag game, I spoke with a very kind agent named Samantha who apologized that anyone ever confirmed a delivery for that night and that she would call me the morning of my niece’s graduation the next day to let me know if they would make a delivery in time. If it were not deliverable in time, she promised a full refund. I accepted her offer and thanked her....a half hour or so later, I received a text message from my niece with a picture of what was delivered. A BOUQUET IN VASE of red & white carnations with greenery. A SMALL and sparse floral arrangement of maybe 9 total carnations with a few sprigs of baby’s breath wedged in. NOT WHAT I ORDERED and nowhere near worthy of what I was charged!!! So they receive credit for actually delivering in time, but they did not deliver what I ordered!!!

Of course, I IMMEDIATELY called back and was told that there was a confirmed delivery (no duh) so they could not do anything. I persisted to demand a refund or correction and they initially offered a 50% refund. Why should a client have to pay for something they didn’t order or a mistake that was not their doing?!!! Apparently, the agent who documented my order, had ordered it as a “graduation bouquet of red and white carnations & greenery with LACE”. There wasn’t even lace in the arrangement received, so not only was it wrong based off his documentation...it was wrong altogether! LACE...LEI? I even remember discussing that she would wear it around her neck?! I’m not exactly sure what he was picturing if he didn’t know what a lei was and documented BOUQUET?

I was unwilling to accept a 50% discount....I reasonably requested a FULL refund. There is no way I’m paying >$100 for a sparse bouquet of some of the cheapest florals available!! It was already a hefty price point for the lei I thought I ordered!! The agent was not able to refund my order and stated she would escalate it to a manager who would call me next day (Graduation Day). NEVER RECEIVED A CALL.

I had to call back the following day and was met with an offer of $20 refund, to which I refused...she then offered the same 50% refund, to which I adamantly refused AGAIN. She placed me on hold and “relistened to [my] call” with the agent when I ordered and mistakenly believed that he placed the order correctly and even recited what he documented...which was a BOUQUET. She blamed the local florist for having misinterpreted and claimed a miscommunication, but still was hesitant to issue a refund. She placed me on hold a couple times and I continued to refuse anything less than a FULL REFUND.

It was an error on their part, so it is absolutely reasonable to expect them to take full responsibility and issue a refund. She eventually relented and canceled my order completely and supposedly immediately processed a full refund. She stated that she “wanted to set a realistic expectation” that I must follow up with my credit card company to make sure I get refunded, but it was now out of their hands as she had just processed it on her end. I’m grateful this is seemingly resolved. I will indeed follow up and hope that this part of the process was conducted with honesty and integrity. The fault in all of this does not lie on one person alone, but they should not advertise as though they are a small locally owned “family” business...it is manipulative marketing.

PLEASE BEWARE AND TAKE NOTE of the countless NEGATIVE EXPERIENCES you’ll read amongst all of these reviews! How could a company continue to ignore all of these complaints? TO THE OWNERS OF AVAS FLOWERS, PLEASE DO BETTER. Please review these complaints and address the many areas where improvements can be made! You have the resources to do better and it is absolutely inexcusable to continue to take money from people who come to you for something so special...whether it is to celebrate an important event/person, or to mourn a loved one. Please do better.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I ordered flowers for my 93 year old mother for mother's day. Three weeks later and still no flowers. Based on their web site I thought I was dealing with a local florist, so shame on me (and credit to them for making a web site that fools you into thinking they are local). Anyway, given how busy florists are on mother's day I could forgive the lack of delivery. What caused me to write this review is the complete inability to reach their customer service to inform them that they did not fulfill my order.

Completing their online form does nothing, and their phone system for customer support appears to be intentionally designed to, at some point, disconnect on purpose so that you can never speak with a live person. I have had to resort to calling my credit card provider and filing a dispute, something that hasn't been necessary in years. Do not use Avas if you care about the recipient you'd like to receive flowers, as you will likely be disappointed - and find that your money has been stolen. Strong words? Yes. But the honest truth.

Original review: May 19, 2021

Will never use this service again. They substituted my order with something that was frail and wilted looking and had no fullness to it. I have pics to prove it. The type plant I ordered had a specific underlining meaning. Very hurt and disappointed. The recipient had to Dr up the substitute and change the pot. It was for bereavement and cost me $80+. Phone number provided was for Spanish speaking only. Advertised as if in Gary Indiana but later discovered they were not. Never again!! Won't recommend either.

Avas Flowers Company Information