1.05/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1347 Avas Flowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

First of all the company is in New Jersey, customer service sucks. I had a hard time understanding them and the attitudes sucks. I ordered Valentine's flowers and balloons to have delivered to a business. They never showed up. I called customer service again. I was on hold for 20 minutes. Recording came on. Asked for a call back number so they can return to my call because of high volume so I did. Once I did recording came on and said could not return my call so it hung up on me. I was so pissed off because I spent over $100.00 for ** up company as this is. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT DO SERVICE WITH THIS COMPANY because if you do you will get screwed as the rest of us has.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Placed an order for my wife for Valentine's Day. The website stated the flowers I wanted were available and could be delivered on Valentine's. I placed my order, $168 worth of flowers and balloons. I then went to work (night shift) and came home after and went to sleep. When I woke up and checked my email, they had sent me an email saying the flowers I ordered were not in stock and would be replaced with another type of flower. I also received a tracking number for the new flowers which stated they hadn't even been shipped yet, even though they were suppose to be delivered that day. Trying to contact them over the phone is almost impossible, I stayed on hold one time for 58 minutes.

After finally getting through to someone I was assured that my order would arrive at my wife's place of business by 4, even though I had requested them to be delivered by 12 noon. As I'm sitting here writing this it's 5:34, guess who didn't receive any flowers today?! I've called numerous times and asked to speak with a supervisor and the staff who answer the phone refuses to let me do so. This is the worse experience I have ever had with a company, and want to warn others before they go through what I have.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I placed an order on January 29th for my Uncle's 50th Wedding Anniversary. (February 2nd). Not only did I receive a call the DAY of requested delivery telling me that Avas Flowers did not have anyone to deliver the flowers that day, but was told that they would upgrade the bouquet and reschedule delivery for the following week. As embarrassing as it was, and poor of a reflection on me and all my sisters that this gifts was coming from was, we called and explained the issue to my uncle, and promised him that the upgraded bouquet would be there the following week, as promised by Avas Flowers.

It's been 9 days since the promised NEW delivery date, and in passing, my Uncle tells me, "BTW, the flowers never arrived. It's ok, it's the thought that counts." Unbelievable!! I WILL NEVER use Avas Flowers again, and I advise you to be warned of the poor service. It's rather embarrassing to promise flowers for a special occasion only to have the ball dropped TWICE! When I called to report the issue, the status of my order was simply "rescheduled." They charged my account, and never delivered. Never again!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Went on website since it is "same day" delivery. It was Valentine's day so I was expecting so difficulty. Other sites were honest about not being able to deliver on the same day. The site says free delivery so I was surprised that after I entered all the day a $25 "service charge" showed up on an order which I thought was $80. Not happy but accepted the service charge since it was Valentine's day. Placed the order at 9:13 am. Received an email at 10:25 am saying they would deliver two days late. I called them within 2 minutes of getting the email to cancel the order. They said they could cancel the order but I would still have to pay the $25 service charge.

In summary, I contacted the company within 1.3 hours of making the order to cancel the order. The company had not done anything about the flowers yet (since they were not going to deliver for two days). They refused to give a refund. This company is aware that Valentine's day is difficult but they did not place any warnings on their site (unlike the competitors).

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I ordered a birthday arrangement for my mother in-law for $82.00 delivered. The jar of weeds they delivered wasn’t worth $10.00. I could have gone to a field in the middle of winter and picked a nicer bunch of weeds. I’m going to try to post the pics if possible on here. YOU won't BELIEVE WHAT THEY DELIVERED AND CHARGED ME $82.00 for. Please don’t waste time or your hard earned money on these people!!! It’s a total ripoff!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Recently ordered flowers from Avas. After completing the order I was bothered by the $17+ service charge after they bragged about free delivery. When I tried to get my refund on the same day, just hours later, they said they were not only going to keep the service charge, they were going to keep the sales tax as well. Every refund I have ever received has included the sales tax. Their marketing is the old bait and switch promising sale prices on way overpriced flowers, then getting back all their money with charges you don't know about until you are about to hit purchase. They get you on internet fatigue. Stay away. With Avas there is no win-win. The consumer always loses.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Called for a floral arrangement named Jumping for Joy. The smaller of three sizes at $42.99 with free delivery. When my charges we totaled the amount was $62.99. I ask, what is the additional twenty dollars for? It is a service charge and charge for the accompanying card. The simple 2 inch card would have read; Happy Spring. I hung up immediately and in less than two minutes my phone was ringing. I did not answer and it rang again. I was not about to trust this company with one cent. You have been informed of my experience.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I ordered flowers for a wake 4 days in advance. The wake went on and no flowers. I constantly called only to get an automated system that said what time they would call back. Never to get a call! My niece CDC e called and managed to get a live person, she stated flowers were delivered. Oh Hell No they weren't. The wake went on and I left, only to find out the flowers had been delivered to some place in Melrose Park and not to Libertyville, IL. How this could be is beyond me. But at 7:45, 15 minutes before wake ended the flowers miraculously showed up. I was pissed beyond words. I then called 2 days later and they couldn't explain how this happened but said they would give me a 10% discount. Seriously that's the best they offered to do for me. Never again would I use them or recommend them to anyone. So beware their service SUCKS!!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

This place took my order on Saturday, charged me full price, and told me floral arrangement would be delivered at 10:30 am or before on Sunday for a 1:00 pm funeral service. Then called me at 9:30 am on Sunday to say they could not deliver in time for the service. Offered a discount and additional plant for after the service. Needless to say I cancelled altogether. Did I forget to mention that I never received the receipt from the purchase or cancellation.

I am beyond outraged and thoroughly disenchanted with this so called business. This is already a dreadful day, and this level of aggravation is the icing on the cake. There is nothing this place could offer to make this wrong right. Although, them going out of business would make me feel a bit better. This place is not reliable. I do not trust that they really are a floral establishment. I really believe it may be a vape shop, if they have flowers and plants they are probably smoking or dry vaping them. What a bunch of sticks! In addition, if I could give negative stars I surely would. This place doesn't deserve to exist. The only stars it deserves are the ones they see after smoking the flowers.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I ordered flowers for my mom for her retirement. The order said it would be delivered next day (Thursday) by a local flower shop. I get a call on Thursday saying they can’t get it there that day late in the afternoon and their only option is the next day. They have me call and have my mom change plans so she can be home on Friday. On Friday I receive an email saying that my floral arrangement is not available any longer and will be substituted with a similar one on Tuesday. Now I am frustrated so I make a call. They inform me that the delivery is scheduled for Tuesday and is being delivered from Salt Lake over 200 miles away. So much for local. I ask to cancel the order and they offer to upgrade to something else. I decline and ask to be contacted by a supervisor. Two weeks later and no contact. I ended up calling a local shop and pay them extra to deliver a beautiful arrangement that day. I will never go with Avas Flowers again.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

This company is a complete fraud - the flowers ordered are not available, deliveries are not done on time but they will tell you it's been delivered and come up with some excuse when it's concluded it hasn't been delivered. BUYER BEWARE - ORDER FROM SOMEONE ELSE.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

It was my sister's 50th birthday and I ordered her a vase of flowers and upgraded it to luxury package. They charged me close to $100 for processing and delivery included and when she sent me the picture, it is less than mediocre. There were simply seasonal flowers and very few. Very poorly done flower arrangement. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I had ordered flowers to be delivered to my daughter at IU, Bloomington. The flowers that she received were NOTHING like what I had ordered from the pictured website for Avas. When I called to dispute the flowers (and forgotten balloon) I was told that they were sorry and that I could have 15% off my next order. Are you kidding me? There isn't EVER going to be a next order. When I contacted the "local" florist they told me that Avas had specified exactly how many flowers to put in the vase and that was it. Complete joke!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

We ordered Flowers for a funeral on Monday Feb 4, 2019. We ordered by phone and were told our $115.00 arrangement would be delivered the next day by 11:00 am to the funeral home and a confirmation sent to our email address. By 4:30 we had not received the confirmation and were concerned about delivery. We called Avas once again to be put on hold for over an hour and three hang up. We then called the funeral home and were told they had not been delivered. At that point the funeral director gave us the name of another florist who got the arrangement there for the evening viewing. AVAS charged our credit card for the flowers which had not been delivered.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Ordered $84 floral arrangement for my grandmother's 90th birthday celebration thinking I was ordering this full, colorful, beautiful arrangement to use as her centerpiece then she could enjoy at home after the party. What was delivered was unbelievably cheaply put together, absolutely no comparison to what I ordered, and a total embarrassment to display! The flowers were stuffed into a vase and even a couple of the stems were cut to a couple inches long and didn't even reach to the water in the vase. I paid extra to have the deluxe arrangement so that it would be extra full and pretty and it was pitiful!

Emailed them immediately upon seeing the arrangement expressing my dissatisfaction and then emailed them again the next day with a picture of the side by side of what was ordered and what was received asking that someone contact me to resolve the issue. I have YET to speak with anyone! DO NOT USE AVAS FLOWERS! NEVER WILL MAKE THIS MISTAKE AGAIN! My local grocery store floral department would have been much, much better and not near the cost! Total embarrassment to have sent these to someone!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I ordered flowers from Avas for a dear friend who lost a loved one! The flowers were never delivered but my charge card was charged. I called Avas when my friend said she did not receive the flowers! First I was told that they did not know why they weren’t delivered but would check into it, and call me back! That call never happened! Second call I was told they were delivered, and that possibly they were delivered to the wrong address! I said do you expect me to pay for that? Again I was told that they would look into it and would call me back! No call once again! Mind you each time I’m on the phone with them it’s a minimum of 30 minutes.

Now fast forward 3 weeks no refund and my credit was still charged! Finally today after telling them that I was disputing the charge with my credit card anyway and what a horrible company they were I received an email saying that my money was refunded! Finally (keeping my fingers crossed). This company is a big scam. They advertised being minutes away from my friends house when in fact they are 4 states away from her. Avas flowers must be a front for something but it’s not a flower shop!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Horrible...said they delivered but never did, just pocketed the money. When I called they said that to get my flowers delivered they will need $125 addition to $80 that I paid just for delivery. What kind of a place says flowers were delivered if the flowers weren't even made. Horrible. If I didn’t call they wouldn't even bother letting me know that flowers weren't delivered and just keep my money.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I cannot believe the flowers I paid 60.00 for. This place should not be business. I only hope others look at these reviews before they order from this place and learn from my mistake. There was so few flowers in the arrangement and the flowers were not fresh.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I ordered a flower arrangement for my uncle's wake. I upgraded the arrangement to a deluxe version which cost $160 USD. The arrangement was small in a tiny basket and looked nothing like what I ordered. My sister ordered a standing arrangement for the same event. It was delivered without a stand. The funeral home had to hang it on a wall. I took a photo of both arrangements and sent a formal complaint to Avas. They responded with 'the arrangements are within the parameters of the orders.' I don't understand how they are still in business.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I went through the entire process to order flowers based on their 'FREE DELIVERY ON EVERY ORDER' enticement. They do have a $18.99 'HANDLING FEE' which is more than all the other florists' delivery charge making the cost more than every other florist I checked in the area. MISLEADING.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I ordered purple roses in a blue cube for my daughter that loves the color combination. It was to cheer her. She received peach roses in a clear vase. I called and expressed my dissatisfaction to a person who didn’t understand English so had to repeat multiple times. I also sent an E-mail to Avas who said they were local in ME but are actually a corporation in NJ. I also complained to BizRate. 6 days later no response from anyone. Terrible company!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I ordered flowers from my cousin who lost her husband. When I receive the order confirmation in my email I noticed they have the address right for delivery but they put my name. I proceeded for over a half an hour to get this corrected. This is an about calling multiple times being left on hold, being told it call me back etc. Every time I called nobody could help me. They kept putting me on hold and when I finally got through I was very upset and the girl that I got basically hung up on me. Nice. Just what you want when you ordering flowers for someone who is grieving. Shame on me for not checking the reviews on this site before I ordered. I called back right away and canceled my order. I got an email saying it was canceled but I guess we’ll see. I’ve no faith in that either. Don’t waste your time. Run in the other direction.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I ordered 18 white carnations for my brother who was in HOSPICE! I should have been tipped off when the service representative asked me if I wanted to include a 'Get Well' card! 9 carnations were delivered with skimpy bow and card. I was charged $102. Every person I spoke with was unprofessional and said they would not resolve the issue. There is so much noise in the customer care center. It is difficult to hear. I do not believe they are in the United States. Definitely not local.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I ordered a basket of flowers and candy - $71 (included delivery). The flower basket is so small, and they probably spent $10 on the contents. NO VALUE FOR MONEY PAID. Will never use them again. A waste of money.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Do not order from this company!! Not only were the flowers late, but not at all what I ordered. I chose a lovely arrangement and ended up with a small bunch of roses. Flowers from the grocery store would look better. Stay away!!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I ordered some flowers for my grandmother and selected the option for them to look like picture and the expensive selection. The flower she received were not the same color or variety as I paid for and they were bent and looked weathered. I emailed the company. They told me to send a picture which I did and then said they would need to take the old flowers and once they get they would send out new ones. Embarrassing for this to have been a gift that cost around 80.00. Horrible customer service. Never heard back from them regarding store credit or a refund or replacing the flowers.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

After delivering the flowers to the wrong address, the customer service was poor. After finally getting a supervisor, who said that they would call me back, pick up the flowers, charge me a fee (!) and possibly deliver to my 86 year old mother in law in a nursing home in another city, they didn't call back and have not rectified the problem. The delivery address was carefully typed in by me, making sure that there was a distinction between delivery address and billing address. Their website is wonky. I will never order from them again. And, they are not a "local florist" as I searched for, but pretend that they are. Flowers are mediocre as well. Save your money.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Orders flowers online. Received call an hour later from 877-638-3303 with poor connection. They could not deliver flowers that day but would delivery the next day with Bigger Bouquet. Would that be ok? No flowers. Called local florists... They never work with Avas. Scammers. Have my $ and information and no flowers.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I placed an order on 1/25/2019 for birthday flowers to be delivered to my sister on 1/26/2019. My sister lives in Indiana and she and her family were home the entire day. When I didn’t hear from my sister by 5:00 pm to thank me for the flowers I called her. I was embarrassed to find out no delivery of flowers was made to my sister. I called to complain. It’s an automated message. On 1/27/2019 I called Customer Service and they could not tell me the name of the local florist. I am beyond angry... What if these flowers were for a funeral? I am turning Avas Florist into the Better Business Bureau and suggest that no one use the “Family Owned and Operated Business” for poor business practices. I wish I could give this company a “zero” in stars because that’s what my sister got from me yesterday - Zero Flowers!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I ordered a floral arrangement for a wake. They sent me a text and said they were delivered. They were not! Like everyone else, I called and the girl was so unprofessional. She sounded like she just got out of bed - really tired and she could have been on drugs. She apologized and put me on hold - came back on and said she was sending a message to the “designer" and they would contact me in 24 hours. I called in 20 hours and got the same girl again (still sounding like she was drugged) and she said the “designer” hasn’t responded to them so they’d like to offer me a gift basket instead of my $74 arrangement. I said no. I just wanted my money back. She said, "Ok, hold on." She came back, said she already credited my “bank card”, offered no confirmation number and said goodbye.

A few hours later I called my credit card co. and told them the whole story. They said no credit was given back from Avas and they opened a dispute and took the charge away from my account. They said they’ll try to get the money back from Avas. I believe this company is not for real and they’re scamming and stealing our money! It’s just so horrible that nice customers are trusting these people to provide flowers to funerals and hurting people, and other occasions and these people at so called "Avas" are so evil they are just outright stealing the customers' money!!! How do these people sleep at night??? There has to be some legal action that we can take against these people!!

Avas Flowers Company Information