1.1/5 (168 ratings)

About Avas Flowers

Avas Flowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: May 3, 2022

They advertise as being local and they are not. I ordered flowers to be sent to one of my employees for her birthday. 10 minutes after I placed the order online they called my cell to tell me they don't have a florist that can deliver to that address. They wanted my employee's home address, which I refused to give. How they could find someone to deliver to that address and not the business makes zero sense to me. I immediately asked for a refund. She said she couldn't do that and they would upgrade the bouquet. I said no. After going round and round for 15 minutes (with someone that spoke terrible English), they finally agreed to refund the money. We will see if that happens. Stay clear of this place and the hassle that you will get!

Original review: May 2, 2022

I bought a bouquet from Ava’s to be delivered on my aunt's birthday. I spent a lot of money on the bouquet, yet I still had to pay an additional $10.00 delivery fee and $24.00 “service fee”. Even after charging all that extra money and promising same-day delivery, they still failed to deliver the bouquet on the date that was promised. I’m sure you can get a much better value at another place, I recommend going somewhere else, unless you want a bad experience.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Paid 100 bucks for a teeny tiny floral arrangement. Fees are outrageous. Order from anywhere else. Paid for same-day delivery, they were a day late. No communication and no one you can call. The phone number does not work. Awful customer service.

Original review: May 1, 2022

This service is awful. I paid $90 for flowers that were never delivered. The company claims to be "family owned". All calls and updates were through an international call center. I was never able to speak directly with a local or even national florist. I paid for rush order, same day delivery. The company tried to use stall tactics to convince me to agree to pay full price for flowers delivered 2 days LATE. When I said no and requested a refund, additional stall tactics were used. I stayed on calls over 3 hours total between 5 calls to get a refund. Clearly, had it not been a weekend, etc., I would have been forced to let it go, and wasted almost $100. The BBB has a running list of complaints against this company. Shame on Avas.

Original review: April 30, 2022

I thought I was getting a local florist, not the case. I ordered flowers for my aunt's 80th birthday, never delivered. I was not notified. I decided to call and follow up and discovered these haven't been sent with some ** excuse. Now 4 days after they were scheduled for delivery I am canceling the order. The customer service is Bogus and they just continued putting me on hold to tell me they are processing my refund. Still no refund. This place is a scam. Use a local florist or someone reputable like 800-Flowers. SCAM!

Original review: April 26, 2022

Beware of this company. No matter what it says online they are not local. My mother order flowers for a bday as a surprise for me the Friday before my bday. My bday was Monday April 25th. The morning of my birthday around 1030 in the morning I get a call from my mom asking me if I got a delivery. I said no. She explained she ordered me something and it was showing it had been delivered. We hung up and she apparently called Avas Flowers to inquire as to where my flowers were 'cause it hadn't in fact been delivered. They put her on hold and proceed to call me and explain I was having flowers delivered and asked if I had received them. When I said no they said thank you and hung up. I called my mother to explain the call I had just received. She was still on hold with them. They told her they would look into the matter and update her. This was at 11 am.

My mother was extremely upset that not only had I not gotten the flowers but that they called and told me what was supposed to be coming. At 430 my mom called back to ask for an update. They explained they haven't reached the florist but would promptly call her back with updates. And of course their customer service closed at 5. She didn't receive an update at all the day the flowers were supposed to be delivered. Today the morning of the 26th I receive a call asking if I have gotten the flowers from avas. I explain I still have not. I explained they needed to just refund my mother her money 'cause after reading the reviews on their company this seems to happen another. I told them My birthday is over and they didn't have the courtesy to even call my mom back yesterday.

Avas flowers rep proceeds to tell me "well we were told they were delivered" again. I reassured her I received nothing. Avas flowers then abruptly ends the conversation with me. This was just my bday. But I could imagine using them to send arrangements to some one I'll and them being so laid back about the arrangements never arriving .. Each phone call I got was from a call center over seas. So their claim about a family owned business is a bit far fetched to me. Every review I have read are all similar to our experience. Save yourselves the heartache and possible grief they will cause you. Do not use them..

Original review: April 26, 2022

I ordered flowers to be sent for a funeral on 4/23/22 for delivery by noon 4/25/22. I received a text and email 1 hour 45 minutes before the service indicating the flowers need to be changed. What a fiasco! I spoke to 4 different people being on hold for over 30 minutes then being dropped. The big selling feature is “family business for 30 years”, local, etc. That is false. I wasn’t able to speak to anyone in the “store”, designer wasn’t allowed to talk with me! I should have known something was strange when I was asked if I want a pink bow for the basket for $5 plus $5 for a card! No basket of flowers but a vase with completely different flowers than what I paid for. I hope I can share the photos because they are complete opposites. I asked that a photo be sent to no avail. A family member took one to send me. I asked for the owner/CEO to contact me. The business practice is trying to compete with FTD and they are shady. Terrible experience.

Original review: April 17, 2022

I ordered flowers for my sister’s birthday and they were not the same as pictured. They look like an untrained and unprofessional person put them together from their apartment. I am not a florist but could do a better job. Also, there were only 3 roses when at least 6 were in the ad pictured. I consider myself lucky that at least the flowers were fresh and delivered on time after all the horrible reviews I’ve now seen about this company.

Original review: April 12, 2022

They misrepresent themselves as a local florist - they are not! I spoke with Lynn to place my order and I said multiple times that I only wanted to place the order if they could do same day delivery. Lynn placed me on hold, then said she had called the delivery person and yes, they could delivery that day. Flowers were not delivered that day, delivered the next day. Also flowers not as pictured on website. Ava's offered me $15 refund on my $80 delivery.

Original review: April 11, 2022

Ordered flower arrangement 3 days prior to funeral. The day before the funeral, Avas Flowers notified me that they could not fulfill my order of a beautiful standing flower arrangement, and offered me a flower basket instead. Definitely did not want a "flower basket", or I would have ordered one. I would NOT trust ordering with Avas Flowers again.

Original review: April 10, 2022

I ordered a very expensive arrangement with full understanding of the substitution policy that if certain flowers/colors were unavailable, equal or greater value flowers would be substituted. EVERYTHING in the arrangement that was delivered was a substitution, and the quality and quantity of flowers was vastly cheaper than what I paid for - I could have assembled it myself with a $15 purchase of flowers at the local grocery store.

Luckily, I was able to have the recipient send me a picture of the flowers and strongly advise anyone who gets sucked into ordering Avas make sure they get a picture of what was actually delivered. I was beyond embarrassed by what the person received. Thank goodness it wasn't an arrangement that went to a hospital or funeral home where other people would have seen it. I filed a complaint with the company - they offered a 50% refund, which is only 50% of the actual flower order, not the ridiculously high service fees. To get a full refund, they demand the recipient relinquish the arrangement, and the refund would only be for the flowers, not the fees. I will never again order through this company and strongly advise others to avoid it, too.

Original review: April 7, 2022

They messed up my order, completely. Cancelled things I did not ask them to cancel, then forgot to deliver 2 items to go with the flowers....one was the birthday card!!! Ya think?? My aunt had no idea who sent them to her. AND no chocolates to go with the flowers on her birthday. And the message recording on phone says to use their website to resolve issues....That's a joke to say the least. Just horrible. STAY AWAY!!!!

Original review: April 2, 2022

Very bad and will never ever use them again. I am strugling to get back my money. Please BBB has to take action on Avas Flowers company. I don't even know how they are on business. I wish I saw the past review before I ordered. Very sad.

Original review: April 1, 2022

It is my birthday and my sister who is home fighting cancer took the time to send me some flowers. Needless to say, not only I was disappointed not for the flowers themselves or the arrangement but because my sister didn’t deserve to be cheated and basically stolen from. I will try to show you a picture of what she thought she was paying for and the picture of what I got. Mind you, the order and the picture says the price for picture shown but she paid for the next size up which is the large and added in her order a helium balloon that said happy birthday which I never got. Not only that she specifically asked that it would be filled with daisies (my favorite flower) instead of the other flowers, she paid extra for it and didn’t get that either.

She was also told that they would be no delivery charge and they wound up charging her for a delivery also. Shame on you Ava‘s flowers and all they have to say is they blame it on the florist, the florist blames them. Florist claims they received basic description for arrangement and they got a lousy $30 of the $90 that my sister paid and then they’re supposed to make their arrangements look like what they’re advertising I don’t think so. Never ever will I buy again from you and every chance I get I will inform anyone and everyone that you are not a trustworthy company.

Original review: April 1, 2022

My mom ordered some flowers for me for my birthday. She was under the impression that it came with a vase flowers and a balloon. She specifically told them to deliver them to me this morning bc I get off at 1. Mind you she paid almost 68.00 for these flowers. They didn't get to my work till 1:50 pm I was almost home and got a call they was there so I had to drive 30 miles back to work to get them. When I got them there was no vase, no balloon, just some raggedy flowers. I called this company and they told me that it didn't come with a vase. They refunded a very little. My mom was so upset. Something has to be done with this company. People are getting ripped off and that's not right. There will not be another order made with this rip-off company. WARNING, DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!

Original review: March 31, 2022

I ordered a mixed bouquet called “She’s Full of Style, Full of Grace” for $111.18 on 3/26/22. I paid an extra fee for delivery on 3/28/22 to my 92 year old mother on her birthday. They did not deliver on time, and what my Mother received was one dozen roses with no greenery and the quality of a WalMart quick sale on flowers. I complained, and they gave me a $33.00 credit. My balance should have been $33.00! They were not replacing my order with something similar, but something far inferior. I feel this is fraud. I have all the receipts and pictures you need, I just can’t get them to upload. These guys are thieves.

Original review: March 31, 2022

First of all, this is NOT AN ACTUAL FLOWER SHOP but rather a 3rd party company. They eagerly and readily take your order and your money. That's where it stops. No one can find your flowers or have any specific information on the details of the delivery. Customer service is a joke. They promise you will get updates on your delivery status but it doesn't happen. I have called 3 different customer reps and yet no one can find where my flowers are ($88.00 in flowers). They were supposed to be delivered yesterday and here we are today and now they are telling me my order number has changed. Unreal. Order directly from a local flower shop. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!! After telling the 3rd rep that my next step was to contact the BBB on the matter, I was able to get a refund (still pending).

Original review: March 30, 2022

I had a terrible experience with Avas and would never use them again. On Tuesday I ordered flowers to be delivered on Wednesday. At 4.20pm on Wednesday I was contacted by Avas to say the flowers I selected were not available and a different bouquet would be delivered on Thursday. I placed 3 separate phone calls to Atlas when the flowers were not delivered on Thursday. At one stage they send me a confirmation that the flowers were delivered on Thursday evening. They also confirmed this on the phone.

I discovered on Friday afternoon the flowers still had not been delivered. Four more calls to Avas and a commitment to deliver on MONDAY. They insulted me by offering me a $20 credit. I told them to keep it. Flowers were finally delivered on Monday. They don't appear to have stores - they just call the local flower shop. I would never use them again - disgraceful service.

Original review: March 29, 2022

First, I must say I hold some responsibility for my friend not receiving flowers. I called Avas Flowers believing this was a "family-owned business". I called Avas and the call was handled by someone from home. This was not unusual in today's workplace due to Covid. I live in California and wanted a delivery to a specific hospital in Henderson, NV. Since this is a "family-owned business" I thought they would know the address and location of the local hospitals. This was not the case. I told the person on the line I wanted flowers delivered to the hospital and she provided an address, which I said okay.

Again, shouldn't they know the address? Shouldn't they know their local hospitals? The flowers were delivered to the wrong hospital and left at the front desk. I tried to resolve through customer service and was told it was my fault. They would not try another delivery to the correct hospital or give me a refund. DO NOT think you are dealing with a small family business.

Original review: March 29, 2022

Flowers to be delivered to Fountain Hills, AZ. Ordered Fri, was told might not be until sat delivery. I said fine. Specifically said they will need to call that morning prior to making up flowers to ensure recipient will be home (gated community, recipient travels a lot for work). Was assured it will be done. Spoke to recipient Sunday. No delivery or even a call. Called customer service. Pleasantly surprised to get live person - explained situation. NP. Will definitely be delivered Monday.

Monday late morning (11am), recipient not received phone call or flowers. I called again. spoke to live person. Explained again. She called local provider while I held on line. She assured me it will be fine. Now 7pm local time, recipient never got call. She will be out of town tomorrow. No calls, no flowers. Even though I was assured when I placed the order on Fri, when I spoke to customer service on Sunday, and then when I spoke to customer service on Monday that it will be delivered and all is well, it is not. Zero trust in them. What was meant as a timely thank you to my friend may never be delivered. I will ask for full refund. Will never use them again, any place..

Original review: March 28, 2022

I ordered a mixed bouquet of colorful variety flowers to be delivered to my terminally ill aunt. I was assured online that the delivery would be on time. The flowers were delivered 5 days late after my aunt passed away. The "bouquet" was not near what I ordered. I was told it was late due to the flowers coming from their fresh farm. A few red roses were delivered. No arrangement or greenery. I was embarrassed. It was very costly. The flowers looked nothing like what I ordered. I don't live near where the flowers were delivered via UPS! Afterwards I asked about this florist. Nobody in the area of delivery ever heard of it. I don't know if they operate from a physical store.

Original review: March 28, 2022

I ordered flowers 3/25 to be delivered 3/28. I received an email and text on 3/28 that my flowers were delivered. But they were not. I called Avas Flowers to inquire. They said the order was not delivered and I shouldn't have gotten a confirmation. They said they would try to deliver them the next day. I asked to speak to a manager. I was on hold 25 minutes while they tried to find a manager to speak to me. It never happened! They offered me $10 off my order. I told them to cancel it. They asked if I wanted to take their 1-minute survey. Do you really want me to do that? These flowers were for a friend who has a health issue with a husband who has been in the hospital 2.5 months. A timely floral bouquet would have been nice.

Original review: March 27, 2022

This company advertises as being local! They are not! Hours at 9-5 M-F. Ships through UPS not delivery person. Does not deliver on the day requested! Had to talk to a person countries away didn’t speak English well. Not a satisfied customer. Will never use again!

Original review: March 25, 2022

I gave two stars for prompt delivery. Although my friend was happy to receive flowers, it looks like a $20 bunch from the grocery store, with not nearly the luxury grade selection pictured on the website, and does not include the green vase I paid extra for. $120 lesson. I also did not see the $25 handling fee until after I paid. Very disappointed.

Original review: March 21, 2022

I ordered the Sweet Surprises Bouquet along with 2 latex balloons and 1 mylar balloon on March 12th to be delivered to my daughter-in-law and new granddaughter that afternoon in New Bern NC. I got a call late that afternoon that the arrangement could not be delivered that day but would be delivered on Saturday. I was ok with that since my daughter-in-law would not be going home from the hospital until Sunday. The flowers were delivered but I did not see a picture of them until later in the week. The arrangement that was delivered was not what was ordered. 2 pink roses, 2 pink carnations and 6 white daisies wrapped in brown floral paper with a ribbon tied around the paper is what was delivered. Certainly not $97.00 worth of flowers. Avas Flowers did not want to make it right... Policy, policy, policy...not the customer is always right. We have taken the issue to our credit card company... Sad. We will not be using Avas Flowers again.

Original review: March 19, 2022

I should have read all the negative reviews about this company. They offer no support, zero communication never answers phones or support emails. Do not buy from them, they ruined my anniversary and did not care.

Original review: March 17, 2022

Ordered a large sympathy standing wreath. Don’t order from this company at all cost, you will get disappointed by family telling you your order wasn’t at funeral home, they do not care to make it right even after a long 2 days tracking down flowers they say were delivered and family says weren’t delivered, entire family said wasn’t any flowers with our name on. They will insist they did delivery but I tell you the importance of flower card to identify who bought them isn’t important to this company and then when you complain they will after a lengthy unpleasant phone call they will throw you a couple dollars and think that makes it right even after asking for a supervisor. Cut out the middle man, call local florist directly or use 1800 flowers as I have done in past. No savings offered is worth not getting the order correct and to funeral home and properly identified with a card with the family it is on from.

Original review: March 14, 2022

Never use this place, they got me for $175 and sent my uncle the ugliest flowers they had, after telling me they had what I wanted and took my money, I get a call saying, "Sorry but we don't have either but we will send something very beautiful and discount you." Well that never happened, found out that they did the same to my sister the next day!!! Stay away from Avas.

Original review: March 13, 2022

First I received a text message my order was delivered. They were never actually delivered. I called and they said it was their fault, they would be delivered first thing in am. They were upgrading my order and refunding me 15 bucks. Not only were they not delivered till early evening, the balloon I ordered was not included. Called and asked to speak with supervisor to tell them I wanted a full refund. At this point between the first mess up and the second, I've held on the phone for almost an hour. Supervisor told me the best she could do was refund me another 10 bucks. Never never never would I order from here again. Also, flowers were not upgraded and yellow roses were wilted on the ends. Wish I had read these reviews first, clearly this company is know for this. Very unfortunate.

Original review: March 13, 2022

Ordered flowers through Avas Flowers a week in advance paid in full for my sister's Memorial. We were promised delivery the day of the Memorial at 10:30 a.m. We started calling to find out where our delivery was at 11: a.m. We were given the most lame excuse ever, they said they don't deliver to churches. They only deliver to residences or funeral homes. The memorial service was at a church. They said they could not deliver it. What kind of floral service does not deliver to churches? We were not told that when we ordered the flowers. We were horrified we had to have the memorial without flowers. Never waste your money on Avas flowers

Avas Flowers Company Information