1.04/5

1474 Avas Flowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 23, 2019

As others have said, I would rate Avas a zero if it was an option. On 3/14/19 I performed an online search for a local florist in my son's town in Connecticut. Avas Flowers came up and I ordered a yucca plant and birthday balloon for his fiancé. A hyacinth plant without a balloon was delivered. Call #1 - a correction was to be sent; call #2 - I would receive a call back with a resolution as no replacement was received; call #3 - if they cannot fix, I will be refunded; call #4 hung up on; calls 5 and 6 were requests for a return call that was never received.

Today, 3/23 I received a call telling me the replacement would be delivered by Monday, only to receive a call less than 30 minutes later saying they would substitute another flowering plant... Not what I ordered. I requested pictures of what they were sending. After at least 30 minutes and several times being placed on hold, I was told they could not send pictures. I requested a full refund and after another time on hold was informed that I could expect a refund. Time will tell; however, we have a dispute in with our bank as well over this charge.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Thought I was ordering from a local florist. Got highjacked by Avas. Ordered what I thought was a beautiful vase of spring flowers for my Mom in Maine. What I got was a small vase of tulips. Sent an e-mail telling them I was not happy with what they sent, and they said "we sent you an e-mail, we were very busy and substitutions would be made" Fine I get that, but a handful of Tulips, sorry that was not $40.00 worth of tulips plus $16 delivery. Basically their e-mail was too bad, we gave you an upgrade to tulips. Wow if that was the upgrade, I would hate to see what they send out normally. Next time I will make sure I am ordering from a local business.

Original review: March 22, 2019

One star because they do not let you give ZERO Terrible experience. I hope people read these reviews before they order!!! Don’t waste your money here. Order was delayed, TOTALLY wrong flowers, and they didn’t include the card that was suppose to have the message. My mom calls me from another state saying someone anonymously delivered her flowers... So that ruined the special moment for me because I had to tell her “oh it was me”. And to top it off customer service does not respond to your needs/concerns. Highly do not recommend.

Original review: March 22, 2019

My grandmother was in the hospital in Indianapolis where I ordered flowers to be delivered the next day. Upon delivery on that afternoon she was moved to hospice where she never received the flowers after specific instructions were given to room number and Ward and that they needed to be delivered in the morning. My grandmother never received the $60 bouquet of flowers and because the company says that they were delivered to a hospital, not necessarily the ward that she was in, and since they received a signature there was nothing they would do for me about it. They did not offer me a refund, they did not offer to send another bouquet to the correct address, all they cared about was that it was delivered to a address and was signed by a person, not my grandmother or family members, and told me I was out $60.

The person I spoke to in customer service, I could barely understand, when I asked for a manager the same thing happened, I could barely understand what he was saying and all he told me was sorry it's delivered that's all we can do. My grandmother never received the flowers and she passed away 2 days later. I would never recommend this company, all they care about is money, they do not care about the reason in which flowers are sent and have no empathy as to how important it is to try to cheer up a loved one who is suffering and far from loved ones. What a disgraceful company. Do not order from these people.

Original review: March 21, 2019

My aunt lives in a different state, she wasn’t feeling well and I had used this company before and it wasn’t terrible so I decided to use them again to send her some flowers as a “get well”. I ordered on 3/20 @ 2:30 in the afternoon for them to be delivered on 3/21. 12 o’clock rolls around on 3/21 still haven’t heard anything about delivery. I call. They say they are on the truck. Should be delivered to her within an hour, okay no problem. 2:00 o’clock rolls around, still nothing. I call back. They assure me again she should be getting them any moment. Still nothing at 3:00. Call back, assured me on their way to her place of employment.

I get off work at 4:15. Still haven’t heard anything. My aunt gets off at her job at 4:30. So I call Frantically hoping they are there, she didn’t receive her flowers until 4:25 on 3/21. 26 hours after I ordered, but yet do same day delivery? When she got the flowers, no vase. At this point I was very upset and called and asked to speak with a manager. Put me on hold for 15 plus min. I hang up and call back again, on hold 15 plus min. At this point I’m very very frustrated and call back and speak to a representative and he tells me “that’s what I ordered” I ordered the SAME thing as before and it got a vase.

Online does not Specify this order would not come with a vase!!! Offers me $15 store credit. I told him absolutely not after the awful experience and living in another state, asked for a $15 refund to my card. He then laughs and says, "No but I can give you 10%." So I spend $60 on flowers I thought was coming with a vase for you to give me $6 back!? No way. I asked to speak to a manager and he refused. I’m absolutely livid. Order ANYWHERE but here. All they are in it for is your money. The most AWFUL experience I’ve ever encountered with a business. Safe yourself the money and the headache.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: March 21, 2019

I ordered two separate arrangements to be delivered. Both were a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! Flowers delivered were not an arrangement, but flowers bunches together. What was delivered was nothing like the picture that I ordered from online... Not the same flowers, colors, or feel. It was so embarrassing. I would have been better off to not send anything. I spent a lot of money to send what I thought would be a beautiful arrangement. It was definitely awful.

When I called to complain, they said I needed pictures. So I got pictures and emailed them. I received a call saying “sorry you are disappointed” but they said the arrangements followed their recipe correctly and was an artist design. It was terrible. I don’t know what their written recipe said - but it may as well have said disaster. They offered nothing more than “sorry arrangements didn’t fulfill your expectations.” I told them this was unacceptable and I expected a refund. I asked to speak to a supervisor. Instead I received an email back telling me they had no further resolution. I WILL NEVER USE AVAS FLOWERS AGAIN... NEVER!

Original review: March 21, 2019

I ordered a balloon bouquet two days before delivery 3/19/2019. I requested that it be delivered as early possible in the morning as the recipient was leaving work early. I also called the day before delivery to confirm the early delivery. I was told it would be delivered first thing in the morning 3/21/2019. I called again just now on 3/21 because it still has not been delivered. It is now 12:45pm. I was told it would be delivered "soon". The customer service rep did not even address the fact that it should be been delivered this morning. The recipient has left work and will not get the arrangement now. I normally use Harry's Famous Flowers in Orlando but Avas has the balloon bouquets so I used them. Never again. I wasted almost $80.00 and my gift was a waste of time. So disappointed.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I have ordered flowers for our anniversary to deliver them to my husband. I made order on phone and they confirmed me that they would deliver within the same day. The order costed $75. Later, I received a email saying that they cannot deliver on the same day. When I called them back, they said me that they cannot refund whole money and can only give $50 back though it was their fault. They have disappointed me by not delivering on our anniversary and along with that they said that they would refund only $50. Never, ever order from them again.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I've used Avas Flowers for the past 3 years and had no issues until this past Valentine's Day. I ordered an arrangement with a mylar balloon for Valentine's Day for my wife to be delivered to her office. I placed an order online on Feb. 9th, 2019 at 2:22pm - which I believed was more than sufficient time to place the order and have it delivered on time, and this was also sufficient time in case there was an issue with the order or to determine if it could be delivered. The order was never delivered, and I was also never contacted by Avas regarding their inability to be delivered. I sent 4 messages using their "Contact Us" page, and each time it said "we received your message and will be contacting you shortly" - WHICH NEVER HAPPENED!!! This was an order totaling $82.47 - a fairly substantial order considering that I am on disability (which is why I order the majority of items I need online).

After waiting for a response which NEVER came, I called on March 19th. I was told that they were sorry for problem, but that they were very busy (duh - isn't that their business and shouldn't they have been prepared for large orders?). I was told that they were ready to resend the order, which I told them was silly since Valentine's Day is long past and I had to apologize to my wife (it looked like I forgot and that I was making up excuses). I told them that I was not a happy customer and all I wanted was a refund. I was only offered a reorder or a store credit, but no refund. I told her that I would not be reordering from Avas again based on this experience, and since I did not receive the item, that I should be refunded the full amount.

The woman kept reading a script in over and over again that I could have it resent or a store credit - there were no other options. I told her that I paid the full amount up front with no questions, and that I should be given a full refund because I did not receive the order. That obviously didn't happen and I am now out $82.47 - my donation to Avas and the florist that they hired - how nice for them. I will NOT be ordering from them again - and it was a tough lesson to learn (it's tough being disabled and homebound and dependent upon the goodwill and honesty of others). Lesson learned.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Ordered a bouquet for my mom and what they sent left much to be desired. To top it off when I brought this to their attention customer service was rude, inattentive, and completely unwilling to make it right. I've spent a good deal of money but will do so no more. Please beware of this company.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I ordered flowers at 9:00am, which were promised to be delivered by 1:00 pm. I gave specific orders three times to the salesman, who did not speak good English.

It was a 20 year celebration, so disappointed. Plus, they charge a $18 service fee - rip off.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I ordered flowers for my Mother-in-law's funeral which was out of state. I was assured they would be there on time. I received a confirmation that they had been delivered at 3:40 pm on Thursday. So on the next day... Friday we arrived at the funeral home and didn't see the flowers that should have had beloved Mom. Nothing!!!

The funeral director called this bull crap company and they told him they were delivered. They spoke to their designer and now they said the flowers were delivered on Friday. Which we were there and the funeral director told them there is no way there was a delivery. Then i was told there was a problem and they were waiting to speak to the designer again. And that I would be refunded and I would get a call. I never received a callback and I've been calling every chance I get and constantly am being hung up on as well as my card has NOT been refunded. The funeral director informed me that places like this love people who order out of state because 9 out of 10 times the one who orders don't go to the funeral and won't even realize the flowers never were there!!! These people are the biggest crooks. Please please DO NOT ORDER FROM THERE!!!

Original review: March 18, 2019

I would give them 0 stars if it was an option. Avas flowers is the worst place I have EVER done business with. Offer same day delivery and my flowers were still frozen and not delivered over 24 hours later! Also my wife didn’t even get the arrangement I ordered because the flowers were still frozen! I was told it would be upgraded to the premium package as well and it looks like I picked weeds out of my front yard. Walmart flowers look 100 times better than what she received. Price online was 52 dollars. Ended up being 93 dollars!

Went back and forth with customer service for a week and sent them pictures of what we received and they apologized for it so you know they were bad. They said it took so long because they were waiting from a response from the florist, but it wasn’t a problem getting a hold of them when I was asking where my order was. Wasted a week only to be told they would give me 8 dollars back. This place is a joke. Don’t make the same mistake I did.

Original review: March 18, 2019

My son ordered based on same day delivery advertised. After my card was charged, my son received an email stating that the arrangement ordered was not available same day, but they would upgrade to 12 pink boxed roses... Not at all an upgrade compared to arrangement purchased. I immediately called for a refund and was totally given the "runaround" - 3 customer service agents later was offered the pink roses delivered the next day and 30% refund; then 50% refund. I declined all offers and requested full refund. Then was told they would have to charge me sales tax and service fee??!! Absurd. As of now, I see a full refund on my card but still in processing stage. I did call my credit card company to inform in case I need to dispute charges. Website advertised as local florist. Not at all true, stay away.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Paid $83 for teeny tiny thing. My relatives got me flowers from Avas Flowers, when I sent them a picture of what I got they were soo upset. And when I found out how much they paid I was simply SHOCKED! Here on the picture is Jade Dreams Bouquet in Premium - Large option. The size was about 8.5" by 8.5".

Original review: March 18, 2019

I purchased a lovely arrangement to be sent to my Goddaughter on the day she learned she had a earned a medical residency at a prestigious school. The flowers were ordered two days ahead and to be delivered to the home of a social worker and her husband, a well-known musician. They were hosting the party for my Goddaughter. Their phone number was furnished as well. I was very sad that due to injury I could not make the 5 hour drive to her celebration, but took comfort in the fact that I could send flowers.

The family stayed home all afternoon waiting for delivery. Ava's texted me and said they had been delivered. I talked to 3 different people who kept maintaining that my goddaughter had signed for the flowers!!! They repeatedly took refuge in "we have a signature". I explained that none of the folk at that address would lie. They were unwilling to investigate any further. Customer service has not responded to my Emails. So I am ripped off of both my $ as well as the opportunity to celebrate a once-in a lifetime event with my Goddaughter.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I ordered the Jade bouquet for my brother's birthday/retirement as he loves whites/creams/greens in floral arrangements only so it seemed perfect for him. The delivery was on time and the flowers looked healthy based on the picture he sent me, but they were nothing at all like the bouquet I had ordered. Pinks, yellows and purples. Their terms say they have to call before making a substitution like this to allow you to cancel, but they never did. I am still in back and forth process of resolution with customer service stating that the local store they used won't return their calls. I wouldn't use them again, felt like a classic bait and switch and they clearly just put together what they wanted in the moment, with no consideration of what the customer actually asked for.

Original review: March 17, 2019

My daughters ordered me a beautiful bouquet of Daisies and wildflowers. They upgraded for 2x the amount shown in the picture. What I received was half dead cheap Roses. When my daughter called to complain that the flowers delivered were not what she ordered. They offered her 10% off another order. WTH kind of company does that. I would never ever recommend this company. They should be closed down for fraud and theft of services that were never rendered.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Avasflowers.com took my order via phone 3/11/19 for a $132.00 spray of flowers for a funeral. The charge went through my bank 3/13/19. They were set up to deliver 3/14/19, the night before the funeral. I confirmed all details with the funeral home before ordering and gave all details to Avas. No flowers were delivered. I called Avas during the funeral and spoke to a man who said the florist called the night before and the funeral home said there was no funeral for that name and confirmed the name, funeral home and phone number I gave them, to me.

This seems completely fabricated as the funeral was held today under all of that confirmed information. Apparently Avas calls the order in to a local florist (I thought Avas were local and didn’t know they were just a nationwide company who takes orders and passes it on to a local florist) but they refused to tell me who the local florist was so I could call and try to figure out what happened. Avas said the florist never made them as there was no funeral there and yet never called to tell me this, nor emailed me (I gave them my email for an order confirmation which they also never sent yet I was charged) when they supposedly found this out via their phone call to the funeral home.

This spray was to stand next to the casket. I’m thoroughly disgusted at the non-delivery, untruths and secrecy of the name of the local florist keeping me from trying to figure out what happened with my order and possibly get something else delivered. They also don’t tell you they aren’t local and are going to call it into someone else to make, and have their advertising set to come up when you google a florist for a particular town. What a disaster. Waiting for a refund from these people.

Original review: March 15, 2019

There should be a negative star option, ordered a $90 bouquet of flowers w/ a balloon a pink ribbon and full size card, received a vase w/ 4 roses 1 Gerber daisy, carnations and greens, balloon card and ribbon missing, I could have done a better job myself by just getting fresh flowers at the local fresh market, I called to complaint and got a $10 refund (wow!). I will NEVER use Avas Flowers again.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I placed an order for my husband's birthday -- a 12-rose bouquet and a birthday balloon -- the day before I wanted the order delivered to my husband's office. I waited all day to hear from my husband -- nothing. Then I got an e-mail with delivery confirmation that the flowers were dropped off at 4:10 pm that day. My husband had already left for the day. The next day he went into work -- NO FLOWERS. Nowhere to be found. I sent 2 e-mails of complaint to the company via their website; both bounced back. I spent 20 minutes on the phone trying to straighten out the situation. The customer service rep had me on hold for almost 15 minutes, only to come back and say that the flowers were never delivered and that the delivery confirmation was sent to me in error.

I asked if the flowers could be sent to my husband today before 4 pm. He said yes. I told him I wanted a partial refund since the order was a day late, and he said he'd give me $20 in store credit to my account. I asked for $20 refunded back to my credit card and he said they would only refund $10. So at this point my husband may or may not get flowers today, and I may or may not get a $10 refund on my credit card on an almost-$90 order. I am VERY upset and will NEVER use this company again. They are terrible. I also plan to dispute the charge with my credit card if 1) the flowers don't arrive today, and 2) they are in lousy condition. HUGE mistake going with this company.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Ordered flowers that included purple roses for my wife on her mothers passing in February. Roses were red and nothing else was as advertised on the web. Called several times... emailed 5 times... got an acknowledgement of each email, but no action or response. THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Ordered a sympathy garden to be sent to family friend. It was nothing like I ordered. Had to call 3 times. Finally I was told they would credit my card 12.95. I paid 86.95. I told her I wanted a full refund since the product was nothing like what I ordered. She said they would go to the residence and take the plant back. What the heck. You sent something I didn’t order and then you going to the house of someone who just lost a loved one and take the crappy product back. Heartless people.

Original review: March 13, 2019

On the morning of Valentine's Day, I ordered flowers to be delivered to my wife. They were not delivered that day, and I thought that it was very likely a very busy day, and they would be delivered the next day. They were not delivered. I tried calling customer service on several occasions, and was never able to speak to a human representative. On my third attempt, I tried to leave a call back number, but before I could do it the connection was broken off. The result, no flowers, and I am having to dispute the charge with my credit card company.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Since I am 300 miles away, I ordered a cheery 'deluxe' (more flowers) Birthday Bouquet for my daughter's birthday. It was to be a surprise. I placed the order in the am of 3/5 to be delivered by lunch on 3/6 (her birthday). Finally, at 7 pm (the time the website said was the latest they deliver) I asked my daughter if she had received anything. She said no. Since Avas was closed, I sent a complaint by email. At 8:17PM a SMALL, DARK, arrangement was delivered to my daughter. It was in NO form the arrangement I ordered. They looked like something left over from a funeral. She did not receive the full size birthday card (an extra $3.99) that I paid for either. I truly believe that after my complaint, they had someone throw something together and get it to her house.

For me, her birthday surprise was ruined. Again, I sent a complaint asking for a full refund. I even sent pictures of what I had ordered and what she received - which was totally different. After about 10 emails I was offered a 10% refund - I paid $84.97 and was offered a refund of $8.49. Needless to say, I told them to keep their 'refund.' I was NEVER offered another actual birthday arrangement sent to her, nor was I offered a full refund since I didn't get what I paid for. (A reputable company would have done either or both.) This company is such a scam. I would NOT recommend anyone using them for anything. I feel as if I was cheated out of my money. I could have gotten a better arrangement at a grocery store. Please do not use them.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Ordered flowers to be delivered on Mar 8th. Today is March 13th still no deliveries made. Talked to Carlos and Jose. Henry promising delivery which never happened!! $61.00 later nothing said refunding my money but will see. Horrible experience wonder if anyone receives their order.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I ordered flowers for a funeral, I was promised delivery same day by 5:00 pm, I was unable to attend the funeral but had some comfort knowing I had sent flower. They called me 3 days after the funeral stating they did not have "any flowers in stock". How does a florist have no flowers. They kept saying they could delivery them this week and did not seem to understand the funeral was over. The customer service rep was very short with me and had no sympathy for the situation, he stated my money would be refunded but have checked my bank and it is still not there.

I ask to speak with a supervisor. The rep laughed and said, "They are too busy for you" and hung up on me. I have emailed and called with no return calls, I gave them a bad review on Facebook and sent them a DM, they have now blocked me. I have called my bank a reported them. Wish I would have read all the reviews online before going through this nightmare, thought maybe I could at least save someone else the heartbreak I experienced. They screwed up the last thing I could have done for a dear friend.

Original review: March 13, 2019

First of all, I googled local florist in the area of Chicago to be delivered to my daughter. Avas came up. I stupidly did not research customer ratings before ordering. Add on fees were almost as much as the cost of arrangement. Confirmation said delivery by 7:00 pm the next day. By this point I had googled ratings and was horrified by the across-the-board terrible reviews so I was nervous it would not get to my daughter's work. Called them to make sure it would be delivered earlier in the day as she leaves by 5:00. It was delivered around 1:00. Daughter sent me a picture of arrangement - pathetic! Flowers wilted, bouquet sparse. Called Avas back, they said they could credit me $20.00. I said not acceptable. Lots of back and forth phone calls and being on hold forever. Finally said they would credit me $40 and send new flowers. I said no, I want a full refund. Shockingly, I did get the refund. I just got lucky with that.

Original review: March 13, 2019

My experience with Avas Flowers was the worst retail experience of my life. They QUOTED me $47 but CHARGED me $56 & did every single thing wrong on my order. I ordered on Saturday and THEY suggested a delivery of SUN by 12 NOON but the flowers didn't arrive until MONDAY. I would've been perfectly OK with them telling me to expect them on Monday, but Sunday was THEIR idea! When the flowers did finally arrive, EVERYTHING was wrong! The card had the WRONG MESSAGE & wasn't even SIGNED! They wrote the (incorrect) message on the TOP HALF of the card, which is not what you see when you open a card! On the bottom half, the part you DO SEE when you OPEN the card, they wrote "for future reference we don't deliver on Sunday".

WHY on earth WOULD THEY TELL THE RECIPIENT THAT??? She DIDN'T ORDER THEM, they were a surprise! And since the card wasn't signed, she had NO IDEA WHO they were FROM! So she asked her boyfriend then called me. I wanted her to feel loved by me, but instead she got flowers with a reprimand on the card! They also put the WRONG FLOWERS in the bouquet! I ordered PURPLE & RED flowers for a reason, those colors had significance and I TOLD Avas Flowers that! They NEVER ONCE CONTACTED ME on their own accord to update me on anything. I contacted them several times on Sunday & they KEPT telling me not to worry, they'd DEFINITELY be delivered on Sunday.

I COULDN'T TRACK the ORDER over the phone because it said there was no order with that number. When I tracked it ONLINE it did recognize the order number, but all it said was "delivery exception" which DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING to a customer! It took TEN CALLS & EMAILS just to get them to finally refund me $9 that they "accidentally" overcharged me, but I had to keep on them about it & they acted like they were doing me a FAVOR, and said "I can offer you a refund this one time only". I was only asking them to refund what they overcharged me! After the flowers were delivered I contacted them about the huge list of problems with the order they were actually rude & mean to me!

Any ONE of their screw ups should've had the management contacting me, apologizing, and trying to rectify the situation, but instead what they did was treat me like garbage for 2 whole days. ALL I WANTED WAS TO SEND MY BEST FRIEND A BOUQUET OF flowers! I asked for the $9 price correction but no one would help me, talk to me, reply to my emails or apologize! So after 2 days of constantly being ignored I finally said I want a full refund and they had the nerve to finally reply to me & say they had already given me $9 refund! The $9 refund had nothing to do with the horrendous service, that $9 was the amount THEY OVERCHARGED me! At which point they replied and said they would give me $10 off my NEXT ORDER!

No one would ever use that place a 2nd time! It took me a full week, 18 emails, and 10 phone calls and they finally gave me $20 refund. They said my situation didn't warrant a full refund and that they were doing this as a favor to me. I don't know if this was a coincidence or not, but the same day I placed my order with Avas Flowers, I had $422 of credit card fraud. I had just given Avas Flowers my credit card number & the code on the back of the card and suddenly I had $422 of fraud. Avas Flowers is a disgusting excuse for a company, they'll rip you off and then treat you terribly. Never use them.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I ordered a floral arrangement of black roses with a black bow and the recipient received red roses with a squirt of black spray paint in the center of each and a bright red bow. It looked horrible and when I called to complain they didn't even apologize for doing such a horrible job, they just said, "That is what you ordered". AVOID THEM IF YOU WANT DECENT FLOWERS!!!

Avas Flowers Company Information