2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

3.4/5 (924 ratings)

About Avas Flowers

Avas Flowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: July 16, 2021

I am recovering from surgery and received flowers a day late from AVAS Flowers. As soon as I opened the box and saw a generic 12 stem bunch, I immediately thought of the ones you can buy at Walmart for $4.50. These are not what my sister would choose. I sent her a pic and she was shocked by this cheap bouquet of daisy varieties. She showed me what she thought she was getting. So far apart from the flowers that I received. How sad that scammers are in every aspect of our lives. Do your research people and read reviews before you shop. It is sad that when someone cares enough to send flowers, they have to deal with thieves and scammers.

Original review: July 11, 2021

I had a floral arrangement ordered for a funeral and I was promised by Joseph 3 times that they would be delivered on time. I was worried about them not being delivered on time, so I continued to confirm with him they would. He assured me they would. The day of the funeral comes and I called to check on the arrangement. The company said they would not be able to deliver it before the funeral because they do not deliver on Saturday or Sunday. I asked to speak to Joseph again, and of course he was not available. I continued to speak to 5 different people and no one could help or explain why I was assured the arrangement would be delivered but they do not deliver on that day. I was not able to have flowers sent to this funeral because of this company. Do NOT trust their word if you want your arrangements delivered at all or on time.

Original review: July 11, 2021

I am a florist, and I just want to pre-warn everyone to do their research. This is not a local florist and a scam. Do not order flowers through them. We were accepting flower orders for a short period of time and were recording angry phone calls from customers that ordered through them. We had a customer that spent $250 and we received about $85 of that from them. They are now calling and lying that they are from a different wire service to try and get us to take the order. Please search for a local florist in the area you want to send flowers. You can usually find them in the google addresses. I hope this is helpful.

Original review: June 27, 2021

Flowers for a dear friend's funeral were canceled the day before services. I was then pressured to order a “designer's choice” arrangement to be delivered to an alternate address at an unspecified time.

Original review: June 19, 2021

This was my first time purchasing flowers from Avas Flowers online. Purchasing process was very easy. I was able to get free same day delivery which was pretty awesome. My recipient got the flowers on the end of the day. The reason for only 3 stars is because they need to improve delivery status; there was no communication on delivery status. I kept sending inquiry request online, finally someone did called but didn't leave any messages. It was very frustrating. Finally at the end of the day, I got an email and text messages stating that my order was delivered VIA FedEx. I wish they would improve their communication by alerting customers regarding delivery status is on its way and send delivery picture. When you are sending flowers to surprise someone, you are anxious to know if your delivery is on its way!

Original review: June 19, 2021

Did not send the bouquet I ordered. I have the photos of the bouquet I ordered and the one I was sent, and they look nothing alike. The one I ordered is beautiful and the one I got looks limp with different types of flowers.

Original review: June 15, 2021

The advert says next day deliver. Next day no delivery, 2nd day the customer service had no idea if flowers I ordered were delivered. So they called my daughter not me the purchaser. Mgr. ** and Cloe customer Svc tell me, they offer, getting another florist. Too late daughter will not wk to receive. Reimbursement held 10 work'g days. They are still making money. Customer Svc is located out of USA, they quote a script. This so called florist is a Rip off. Do not Buy!

Original review: June 12, 2021

My mother was sent birthday flowers from my out of state sister who used, Avas Flowers who contacted a local florist, Stems&Such, Kouts, In. They delivered flowers in a black hearse. Very upsetting for a bereaved widow.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I went to www.avasflowers.net online to order flowers and a "plush," "soft" teddy bear to be delivered to Great Grandpa William **, at a memory loss facility, Glen Park at Boynton, in Glendale, CA for his 84th birthday. Great Gramps is a 101st Airborne, Screaming Eagles, Paratrooper, he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's/Dementia and is wheelchair bound. Our Son came down with Covid/pneumonia and had to be hospitalized at Mayo Clinic in AZ. We drove from CA to AZ to help him and take him to ER, and a few days later his Dad and I came down with Covid so we are quarantined. Great Grandpa had no visitors for his Birthday June 9th.

Because Great Grandpa's memory is set back in time, sometimes age 10, sometimes age 50 but never 84 it was important to have a stuffie for him to cuddle, he likes soft stuffed animals. That was the most important and I waited an hour and a half while they put me on hold and hold again to contact a florist in Glendale, who said they had a medium size, plush Bear, 15 inch or bigger. Someone lied. Plus I specifically asked for a clear glass rectangle base, not a vase cuz he would knock it over. Because if the base is clear either plastic or glass Great Grandpa could reuse it, he could see inside, because if not clear he would forget what is inside. Again someone pretended to understand and confirm my request.

The flowers were nice looking in the picture, but the balloons were for an adult not a child, no clear base, a cheap oval solid base, and the most important issue, No Soft Medium Size Plush Bear for Great Grandpa to cuddle. He is sad in the photo. Never ordering from them again, cuz either they didn't listen, or the florists they contracted with didn't listen, they got paid, but Great Grandpa didn't smile.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I bought a flower arrangement for my girls bday the day before, It was never sent, customer service put me on hold multiple times promising me product. When wanting to cancel they put me on hold multiple times. I'm Fighting this, CONSUMERS WATCH OUT FOR THESE PEOPLE. Don't be mislead by the voice they portray by phone. It's best to buy your stuff in person. Do not make the same mistake I did. Avas Flowers is fake website who like to scam people.

Original review: May 29, 2021

BUYER BEWARE!! No flowers, No delivery, No contact, No email, No phone call. But immediate charge on my credit card. Upon requesting a refund after they missed the birthday delivery by two days, they THEN started sending me emails about how the arrangement I ordered wasn't available and would delayed. First, one delay and then another. Still no flowers, no delivery, no refund....NOTHING. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST!!

Original review: May 27, 2021

NOT A LOCALLY OWNED company! BEWARE OF THE FALSE MARKETING!!! No clue who actually owns “Avas” but they work with local AFFILIATES to fulfill all orders. What does this mean and how does it affect your order? It means they have MANY agents who process your orders and relay those orders to OTHER agents at local facilities that may or may not even be able to accurately fulfill your request(s). They advertise generic items with broad descriptions and leave fulfillment to the discrepancy of those local florists. The final product you receive will be nowhere near what you expect or what is pictured/advertised.

MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE: I ordered a graduation lei and balloons for my niece to be delivered the EVENING BEFORE her graduation ceremony so that she could wear it the next morning. Before placing the order, I wanted to confirm that it was even an item they could make or were familiar with (I called three other TRULY LOCAL florists who did not make leis, so I was conscious that it was apparently an unusual item). The agent assured me that it was indeed an item they could fulfill and implied he was familiar, so I proceeded to place my order.

ONE FULLY PACKED GRADUATION LEI -RED AND WHITE CARNATIONS WITH GREENERY (I asked for only red, but he said the local florists could not do all red and I asked for Ti leaves which he seemed to be confused by but understood “greenery/greens” so I shrugged it off). After processing the order for the lei, he asked if I’d like to do balloons also, so I accepted the upsell and added them to the order. EXPECTED DELIVERY: by evening before graduation day.

On the evening before her graduation, I received a call and text message indicating they would NOT be able to make the delivery in time but would attempt the next day. No guaranteed time of delivery. Because this would likely be too late, I requested a refund/cancellation to which the agent hesitated. The agent tried to glaze over this late delivery and convince me to allow them to deliver next day. I denied the offer because it would likely be too late and pointless. They then put me on hold for a short period and upon returning assured me that they could now indeed deliver that night as intended but were not able to fulfill the balloons as somehow the local florist was out of balloons. I expressed appreciation for the delivery of the lei and relented on the balloons.

Two minutes after hanging up, I received a text message to call them regarding an issue with the order again. I immediately called them and the agent on the phone told me they were missing my niece’s phone number and therefore would not be able to deliver the order?? I never left her number as I wanted these to be a surprise, not to mention she’s a teenager with a lot of other fun events surrounding the graduation and I didn’t want to have her bothered. This agent stated that she saw NO confirmation that they had JUST (2 minutes prior) spoken with me or that they had ever assured me it a delivery for that evening. During that call with her, I received ANOTHER incoming call from Avas...it got very confusing and frustrating as this happened multiple times during an attempt at resolution.

At the conclusion of this phone tag game, I spoke with a very kind agent named Samantha who apologized that anyone ever confirmed a delivery for that night and that she would call me the morning of my niece’s graduation the next day to let me know if they would make a delivery in time. If it were not deliverable in time, she promised a full refund. I accepted her offer and thanked her....a half hour or so later, I received a text message from my niece with a picture of what was delivered. A BOUQUET IN VASE of red & white carnations with greenery. A SMALL and sparse floral arrangement of maybe 9 total carnations with a few sprigs of baby’s breath wedged in. NOT WHAT I ORDERED and nowhere near worthy of what I was charged!!! So they receive credit for actually delivering in time, but they did not deliver what I ordered!!!

Of course, I IMMEDIATELY called back and was told that there was a confirmed delivery (no duh) so they could not do anything. I persisted to demand a refund or correction and they initially offered a 50% refund. Why should a client have to pay for something they didn’t order or a mistake that was not their doing?!!! Apparently, the agent who documented my order, had ordered it as a “graduation bouquet of red and white carnations & greenery with LACE”. There wasn’t even lace in the arrangement received, so not only was it wrong based off his documentation...it was wrong altogether! LACE...LEI? I even remember discussing that she would wear it around her neck?! I’m not exactly sure what he was picturing if he didn’t know what a lei was and documented BOUQUET?

I was unwilling to accept a 50% discount....I reasonably requested a FULL refund. There is no way I’m paying >$100 for a sparse bouquet of some of the cheapest florals available!! It was already a hefty price point for the lei I thought I ordered!! The agent was not able to refund my order and stated she would escalate it to a manager who would call me next day (Graduation Day). NEVER RECEIVED A CALL.

I had to call back the following day and was met with an offer of $20 refund, to which I refused...she then offered the same 50% refund, to which I adamantly refused AGAIN. She placed me on hold and “relistened to [my] call” with the agent when I ordered and mistakenly believed that he placed the order correctly and even recited what he documented...which was a BOUQUET. She blamed the local florist for having misinterpreted and claimed a miscommunication, but still was hesitant to issue a refund. She placed me on hold a couple times and I continued to refuse anything less than a FULL REFUND.

It was an error on their part, so it is absolutely reasonable to expect them to take full responsibility and issue a refund. She eventually relented and canceled my order completely and supposedly immediately processed a full refund. She stated that she “wanted to set a realistic expectation” that I must follow up with my credit card company to make sure I get refunded, but it was now out of their hands as she had just processed it on her end. I’m grateful this is seemingly resolved. I will indeed follow up and hope that this part of the process was conducted with honesty and integrity. The fault in all of this does not lie on one person alone, but they should not advertise as though they are a small locally owned “family” business...it is manipulative marketing.

PLEASE BEWARE AND TAKE NOTE of the countless NEGATIVE EXPERIENCES you’ll read amongst all of these reviews! How could a company continue to ignore all of these complaints? TO THE OWNERS OF AVAS FLOWERS, PLEASE DO BETTER. Please review these complaints and address the many areas where improvements can be made! You have the resources to do better and it is absolutely inexcusable to continue to take money from people who come to you for something so special...whether it is to celebrate an important event/person, or to mourn a loved one. Please do better.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I ordered flowers for my 93 year old mother for mother's day. Three weeks later and still no flowers. Based on their web site I thought I was dealing with a local florist, so shame on me (and credit to them for making a web site that fools you into thinking they are local). Anyway, given how busy florists are on mother's day I could forgive the lack of delivery. What caused me to write this review is the complete inability to reach their customer service to inform them that they did not fulfill my order.

Completing their online form does nothing, and their phone system for customer support appears to be intentionally designed to, at some point, disconnect on purpose so that you can never speak with a live person. I have had to resort to calling my credit card provider and filing a dispute, something that hasn't been necessary in years. Do not use Avas if you care about the recipient you'd like to receive flowers, as you will likely be disappointed - and find that your money has been stolen. Strong words? Yes. But the honest truth.

Original review: May 19, 2021

Will never use this service again. They substituted my order with something that was frail and wilted looking and had no fullness to it. I have pics to prove it. The type plant I ordered had a specific underlining meaning. Very hurt and disappointed. The recipient had to Dr up the substitute and change the pot. It was for bereavement and cost me $80+. Phone number provided was for Spanish speaking only. Advertised as if in Gary Indiana but later discovered they were not. Never again!! Won't recommend either.

Original review: May 18, 2021

I placed a flower order for a friend's father who passed away. It was supposed to be delivered on 5/13/21. The arrangement with delivery was $118.60- I received my confirmation, but when I spoke with my friend 5/18/21 she said she did not receive a delivery. It was extremely hard to reach anyone by phone, so I emailed company for explanation. All I got was, "Well do you want it delivered today (services were yesterday)!" No, I am sorry just a "Well do you want refund?" No, I replied. I want these flowers delivered and how are you going to compensate me (your customer). Spoke to a supervisor that offered $20.00 off- unacceptable!!!! I WILL NEVER USE THIS FLORIST AGAIN. :(

Original review: May 11, 2021

First I fully understand my order was placed during one of the busiest times (Mother's Day), so substitutions would have been fine. I ordered the Blooming Daisy Basket however not only were there absolutely no Daisies in my basket but the flowers were dying and dead by day 2! I don't understand how any delivery person could be happy bringing such an order to customers. Not only did it make me sick I didn't get what I ordered but embarrassed and appalled as these were for my In Laws. Thank God I have wonderful In Laws who understood. I will NEVER order from Avas Flowers again, not only is their website hard to navigate, but their Customer Service is terrible. They have no empathy in their voices for your concerns and they will not refund ALL your money.

Original review: May 11, 2021

I ordered flowers for my Mom for Mother's Day 15 days early and I could only select flex delivery (that meant Fri, Sat or Sun). I was ok with the Flex delivery as my Mom lives in Florida and has an active social life. I called my Mom on Mother's Day to see how she was and if she received the flowers and she said No. It was early in the day and I thought the delivery people were busy so I wasn't worried...until that night. The Flowers never came!

Called on Monday to see when they would arrive and the rep said he apologized that they were not delivered on time but that I should understand that they received hundreds of orders for Mother's Day and they were short handed...(did they not think ahead that Mother's Day is a big flower delivery time?) I told him that I placed my order early enough and if they were overwhelmed then they shouldn't have taken my order and I would have called somewhere else. He then said he would "get right back to me". Well I NEVER got a call back, I got an alert on my phone from my credit card company about a refund and then I got an email from Avas saying they cancelled my order and refunded my money. Personally I think this is a scam.

Original review: May 10, 2021

The flex delivery flowers I ordered for Mother's Day never got delivered. Customer service was an absolute nightmare. I had to go through hurdles to speak to a real person, I got the call transferred to a number that didn't exist 7 TIMES to reach the right department, and when I finally got to the right department, they hung up on me. Do not shop here unless you want to pay way too much money for flowers that never come and ruin your morning trying to get a refund.

Original review: May 9, 2021

Placed an order for flowers, paid a significant premium given their upcharges and service fees, and was notified a day later that chosen bouquet was not available, and thus was forced to cancel. I went back to the site, selected a new bouquet of flowers that were allegedly available, gave permission for substitution, agreed to flexible delivery timing of four day window, three days beyond my desired delivery date. 2 days later, I was notified - out of the blue - that they were cancelling my order. No reason given. I called, got transferred between 3 people, none of whom could provide an explanation or fix the problem. This was the ABSOLUTE worst customer experience I have ever seen. I WOULD NEVER, EVER, EVER DO BUSINESS WITH AVAS FLOWERS AGAIN.

Original review: May 8, 2021

Horrible. I ordered flowers for Mother's Day and the florist said it was to be delivered on Saturday. They cancel my order at 9pm and do not even call me. They send an email stating that they are cancelling the order- no explanation, no apology. When I call to find out what happened, they said they couldn't deliver the Mother's Day order until Tuesday. Again- no apology and they asked if I wanted to reinstate the order. Uh, no thank you.

Original review: May 8, 2021

I specifically chose a florist in the city my daughter lives in to ensure delivery for Mother’s Day. I ordered an arrangement, asked for Friday delivery and paid in full. Today, the day the flowers were to be delivered, I got a text and an email telling me my order could not be fulfilled. No explanation as to why; no offer to substitute another choice. My payment was refunded and I was offered 15% off my next purchase. No, thanks! You ruined Mother’s Day! No one else can deliver before the 13th. I will never order from Avas again. Totally disgusted.

Original review: May 7, 2021

I order flowers, they took my money and didn't deliver, they cancel my order and I am the one that had to call and find out why and to get my money back. Not a very good way to run a business. I won't be back and buyers beware, they are not the best as stated.

Original review: May 7, 2021

My mother was in the hospital preparing for open heart surgery. Her surgery was Friday before Mother’s Day. I placed my order online that said same day delivery on Thursday morning. I received an email that asked me to call because there was a PROBLEM with my order. I called them immediately after receiving the email. I was told my order could not be delivered that day. After talking with them for 17 minutes they GUARANTEED it would be delivered by 12 on Friday the day of her surgery. By 3 pm I called because she had not received them yet. They could not tell me why. I explained I could have got them somewhere else but they GUARANTEED they would be there. I requested a refund but was told they were looking into it first. I paid $107.00 for nothing.

Original review: May 5, 2021

Failure to deliver on day requested. I called to assure delivery and was told they could not meet the promised date. Then too late to order from another florist. Recipients did not receive any gift for their anniversary.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I order a Peace Lily On Tuesday for Delivery On Sat for a Memorial Service (starting at 1pm). At 10am the morning of the service Avas flowers called and cancelled the order. I told them I would take another Plant/flower product. They could not deliver, offered my a "discount" to ship to the person home. I told them to refund my money and thank goodness I was lucky enough to get a Local florist to get my delivery out and on time. I WILL NEVER use them again.

Original review: April 29, 2021

Shame on me for not knowing they were not local. I thought I was working with a local flower shop. Avas flowers review: they stink / zero stars / save your money.

They could not deliver, did not have my arrangement, they kept me on the phone forever trying to sell me on when they could deliver an arrangement of their choice (not mine). I kept saying, "Cancel my order please," but no! "Well sir I can offer you 30% off, no cancel, but sir, let me see if I can find another florist, no cancel, but, but, but." I had to hang up on the woman with the Indian accent. I don’t even know if my order will be canceled and refunded. Worst experience ever! I’ve ordered flowers in other states with no hiccups from other online dealers. Got this while writing this review: Regarding your Avas Flowers Order #**. A refund in the amount of $115.93 has been issued. Text HELP for help or STOP to Cancel. At least I got my money back

Original review: April 27, 2021

Avas Flowers is a national florist that deceptively markets itself as if they are local. They contract with local florists to fulfill orders just like FTD or 800 Flowers. Avas missed delivering flowers on my sister's birthday, despite promising on their website delivery on a Sunday. I called to cancel early Monday morning before the local contracted florist opened. The Avas rep assured me my order would be cancelled and that I would receive a full credit back to my credit card. Long story, but the order ended up getting delivered and only after several calls and holding with three additional Avas customer service reps did I get a partial credit back to my credit card.

You don’t have to believe my review. Just scroll and read the many hundreds similar stories from other customers. The Avas customer service reps are highly skilled at frustrating customers to give up on their complaints or accept minimal credits. This company is highly unscrupulous in their business practices. Avoid them at all costs.

Original review: April 23, 2021

Ordering from Avas Flowers was incredibly frustrating and upsetting. When I look at an online image of an arrangement with the price next to it, that is the arrangement I expect to receive for that price, but when you select the image, you then see it was an upgraded version of the arrangement you were looking at which costs at least $10 more and there’s no picture of the standard version if you select that option (at the price you thought you were going to pay). When you call the contact number, you do not reach the local shop. Also, there is a $19 “universal” service fee applied.

After I placed the order of my $39 arrangement - now $62 total, even with free shipping- I received a text the following day saying the delivery date had been changed to the day after the date that was confirmed in my order (my friend’s birthday) and the flowers I chose were not available. I cancelled the order and will confirm receipt of the refund. Like other reviewers, I was hoping to support a local florist, but this was false advertising and an exasperating experience.

Resolution response: April 24, 2021

The bouquet showed up at the very end of the second day and looked very little like what I ordered and without the balloon. At least they showed up.

Original review: April 22, 2021

Zero Stars!!!! My experience was very similar to others. I assumed they were local as it appears like other local websites for florists when you use a search engine. I thought the sudden extra fees at checkout were insane, but as I sat staring at the cart a popup box offered an additional $15 discount which recouped some of the mystery fees. This was a same day delivery on Administrative Professional Day, so I assumed that was why the extra fees (of which their policy for the fees is very convoluted).

It got to be 4pm later that day and still no delivery, but I received a text (not a phone call) from the company saying there was something URGENT with my order. I tried to call probably 50-60 times over the next hour, it would ring once then an automated system would tell you everyone is busy. Finally I reached someone, when I did they informed me that the delivery couldn't be made because the florist had already left for their final delivery (which was **, bc I placed the order that morning). They stated they could deliver first thing the next morning. I agreed reluctantly.

By 11 am the next morning still NO DELIVERY when I called and sat on hold 4 different times for over 30 min so that they could "research". No one could tell me where my order was. They would not release the name of the said "local" florist. One of the times they put me on hold to "call the florist" they came back and said they could not reach them so they "must be out for delivery". I proceeded to state that none if this made any sense. I do not live in a big city, there is no way that they could not handle a same day or even next day delivery of a very modest bouquet and balloon.

I asked to cancel the order and a refund. I was put back on hold another 10 minutes so they could "process my request". When she came back she said she couldn't process it because it was out for delivery. When I asked her how exactly she knew that when when told me before that she couldn't reach the florist it was radio silence of course. This company is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS but they are PROFESSIONAL BAMBOOZLERS! Do not fall for these scam artists. It's truly a shame, and I assume that I will never see a refund.

Original review: April 22, 2021

I placed an order on Avas Flowers website with the "same day delivery" promise. They charged a service charge and delivery fee. The flowers never arrived that day. After 7:30 pm, the recipient received a phone call asking if they really wanted delivery that night or if they wanted to wait until the next morning. She said the next day as she was settled in for the evening and didn't want to have to wait for a delivery. She has yet to receive it and it is now late morning of the following day. I called Avas to address the issue. They offered me $10. I paid a combined $31 in delivery and service charge. I received neither service nor delivery as of yet. They came back and offered me $19.99 and a $5 off a next order. I refused sticking to $31. A final offer of $25 which I reluctantly accepted. I also tried cancelling the order which they refused to do. So my recommendation is to NEVER use Avas Flowers.

Avas Flowers Company Information