2.75/5
Based on 1,423 ratings submitted in the last year

1727 Avas Flowers Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Do not order from this company!! I ordered flowers for a friend several states away who had lost her 2 year old from a terminal illness. I ordered over the weekend. I got my email confirmation that the order would be delivered by 12 on Monday. Monday at 3 flowers still didn't arrive, so I called 3 times. Finally the last one told me there was an issue and they'd be delivered the next day by 10 am. I was ok with that. Then I receive an email three hours after they were supposed to be there that they didn't have flowers and was "upgrading my order" to some festive mum's design. Completely opposite of what I originally ordered. A purple and green arrangement for sympathy and the fact green is the little boys disease awareness color. And that it was going to be delivered again a day later.

I called them upset, not only had I spoke to three people the day before and could have been told about this but that they chose what flowers to send instead. So I worked with the lady to get a sympathy arrangement again. This time it's supposed to be green Ivory and very little purple. She is supposed to receive it today, 4 days later. We shall see what she get. Will update if it's not what was described.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

DO NOT USE! This is a third party and they're not operating this business because they care about you. The customer service person that took my phone order was very short and would not directly address my questions. They put on a pretense as though they are a local business and will not tell you the name of the local floral designer. I chose this company because their pricing is not inexpensive so I thought they'd do a great job. How wrong was I? First of all don't believe the "Free delivery" posted on their website. I ordered a dozen roses w/ baby's breath (reiterated to the customer service rep three times), a bow, a happy anniversary balloon, a vase, and a card with Happy anniversary words for $101.23. They tell you they can have it delivered in 3 hours which was not a problem because I wanted them delivered the following day. They also tell you they will send you an email of your invoice/receipt and an email /text when the flowers deliver.

Since I'm in a different state than my wife and I didn't want to spoil the surprise I couldn't ask her did she receive them when she called me during her lunch break. Anyway, she did call me about 3 p.m. saying thanks for the flowers and I asked her to send me a pic (attached). Come to find out her name was spelled wrong, the card was not a card but a message on plain computer paper which btw the happy anniversary message was also spelled by an illiterate, there was no bow, no balloon, the vase was no more than a thin glass jar.

When I contacted the customer they offered me a store credit for the balloon and the bow. Well it's not about the money, it's about the memory of my 23rd anniversary and do you think they cared? And since I'll never use this company again what good a store credit going to do me. Also if I find out the name of the local florist I will never use their services either as they used the cheapest products and the arrangement was just awful. Btw, if anyone cares my order # was **. Please do not use this company!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I ordered flowers for a funeral. Was on hold thirty minutes seeing what the florist could work with my budget on fifty dollars (which I don't think is a small amount for simple funeral flowers). Finally the guy came back to phone and states they would be able to do this arrangement and would deliver flowers that same day. I received an email saying they would be delivered same day then the next day after the funeral was over received an email stating the flowers would be delivered on 8/7/2019 which is one day AFTER the funeral. Yes I called and they refunded my money- but still I felt awful not having flowers delivered to our friend funeral. I would NEVER use again.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Ordered a bouquet for my girl just to say thanks. The only reason that I gave one star was the order arrived on the day it was promised. The bouquet looked nothing like the picture rom the order. It was lopsided and completely disappointing to look at. I went to the site and complained. They requested a picture of the arrangement and I sent it the next morning. I fully anticipated an apology and credit or something to make up for the pathetic arrangement but instead got this message... "...we have determined that the flowers sent are within the recipe and guidelines that the bouquet called for, in the size that you ordered. If any minor substitutions were made, they fall within our Substitution Policy guidelines. Therefore, your order meets the product description." A child could have picked a wildflower arrangement that looked better. Don't waste your time or money with Avas Flowers.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Extremely unhappy with their service. I placed an order for same delivery on a Saturday. I received an email saying it could not be delivered until Tuesday. I immediately called to cancel this order. I did not realize this is not a local florist. They said they would cancel. I just received my Statement and they did not fully credit my return, only partial. They said it they do not do that and there was no one higher that I could talk to. Absolutely Never use this company!!! They are Not a Florist but a service that calls florists in whatever area and then charge extra for that service!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Ordered flowers for an aunt in hospice on 5 Aug 2019, with claims of free and same day delivery. Three days later, flowers never showed up. Cancelled the order, but Avas wants to charge me $15 handling fee. Supposedly for the designer. After talking to their customer service reps each day, they have prevaricated and gave excuses after excuses. I felt I was scammed! Caveat emptor. It pays to read reviews before ordering with this vendor. And they misled me, since they are not a local vendor. Suffice to say, the credit card company sided with me and they placed a dispute on the charges.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

My son ordered flowers to be delivered on my birthday which was a weekday. He paid an additional fee to have them delivered more expediently. Not only were they not delivered expediently, they were not delivered until six days later! The excuse for late delivery was that they didn’t have the requested flowers in stock. No one was notified of this situation. Nothing out of the ordinary was ordered. After my son called to inquire as to the delivery status of his order was he made aware of the delay. They then substituted pink roses with thorns still very prominent and leaves not trimmed at all.

The shipping box was flimsy and not insulated. In fact, the box was torn and dented. You could actually feel heat escaping from the box from being in a hot truck. There was no water packet attached to the stems and no water in the cheap glass vase they included. The leaves on the stems were crushed and curling/wilted. No instructions were included in the box as to how to cut the stems, no flower preservative, etc.... I have personally utilized other HIGH QUALITY flower distributors in the past with exemplary results. This company is NOT one of those! If I could possibly rate them as LESS THAN 1 out of 10, I would!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

My experience was the same as everyone else. A mysterious $20 added on to the price when checking out. Special sale was listed for online orders only. Surprise! Website would not let me complete the billing part of the online order so had to order on the phone, thereby disqualifying me from the sale. Order never delivered. Tried to cancel order but they would not let me do that. Kept saying they would have to check with another department. I finally disputed the charge on my credit card so that they won't get a penny. At least I won't be losing money like some of the other unfortunate people who have been scammed.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

This was far and away the worst customer service I have ever experienced! I ordered a bouquet of flowers and a balloon to be delivered to a new shop on the grand opening day (kind of important that it gets there on that day). I was told it would be delivered by 1:00. Not only was it not delivered by 1:00, I found out when I called at 4:30 that it had not been delivered at all. Very upset, I told the unsympathetic man who I talked to that it had better be delivered first thing the next morning, to which he replied, "It will be there by noon." It was not delivered by noon, in fact, it was delivered about an hour and 1/2 after the shop was closed (around 4:30 or 5:00).

In the last 3 days I have called Avas a total of 8 times, talked to 2 managers, 2 supervisors and numerous other people. I was on hold for well over an hour during all these calls listening to the recording of how important their customers are to them as well as our orders and our phone calls. In the end, I was told I would get a credit for the $7 balloon (that didn't show up anyway). It was as if she was doing me a favor, crediting me for a balloon that wasn't delivered!!! That's all. I would not recommend this floral shop to anyone!!!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Ordered flowers and fruit basket for a distant retirement celebration. After multiple phone calls, and e-mailing pictures of website view, and what was actually delivered, the 'manager' would only agree to refund 20% of purchase price, and after 5 months has not even honored that. Seriously consider using another source.

Avas Flowers Company Information