2. Shopping

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.05/5
Based on 1,486 ratings submitted in the last year

Avas Flowers Reviews

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

A friend ordered flowers on Friday 12/27 for same-day delivery from Avas for my birthday. She was emailed at the end of the day and told the flowers could not be delivered until Monday the 30th. When they arrived I had to sign for the delivery. When I opened the card, there was a greeting, but no sender's name. The envelope was blank so I could not call the florist to find out who sent them. I immediately cut the stems off the bouquet and put them in water mixed with a flower preservative I had on hand from Sam's Club. It took me two days to figure out the name of the sender and by that time the roses were already beginning to dry up. They never opened. Instead of full-size roses that were supposed to be in the arrangement, it was comprised of stems of multiple miniature rosebuds some of which were broken and one of the lilies was damaged.

I didn't want to distress the 80-year-old sender who lived out of state but she told me how she had ordered the flowers. I called Avas twice to find out the name of the florist who fulfilled the order and was told both times they do not have a record of that information, only an email address which they would not give to me. They emailed the florist with my concerns and the florist responded by saying the flowers were in fine shape when they were delivered an hour after they left the shop. I did not tell my friend about the less than satisfactory gift. All in all, this was the opposite of the nice birthday greeting my friend intended for me. My suggestion is to call a florist whose physical location is in or near the recipient. You will know who you are dealing with and what flowers they have on hand.

East Texan

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Purchased Xmas arrangement with red and white carnations, pine cones, Holly Berry, fresh pine leaves in a square red jar. I could only imagine how wonderful the arrangement would smell. What was delivered to my grandma was a small white Easter basket with glittered red roses, some green leaves and white daisies. I can understand a variation but this was Not Even Close to Xmas but more like a Valentine's arrangement!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I ordered a sympathy stand for my friend's father funeral with a banner. I thought they are a local florist. I should have done some research before placed my order with Evas. The flower delivered to the funeral was completely different than what I ordered (colorful premium round shape stand with banner). The stand was small and had only few red flower on it. There was no banner. I was so embarrassed and disappointed when I saw the stand at the funeral service.... They offered me a refund of $29.99. Such a scam!! Stay away from this horrible company.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I ordered the same day delivery flowers from Avas. Four days later the recipient never received them but their website shows they were delivered. I'm disputing the charge on my credit card. Not only that, they called to ask for $10.00 more for delivery! When I told them no and to cancel the order, they said (broken English) they would go ahead with the order without requesting $10.00 more. Beware of Avas!!! Oh.. and they also make it appear they are a local floral company and they are not.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I ordered a flower arrangement for my girlfriend to be delivered before Christmas. She never received it and they have never credited my account. Impossible to resolve. Never and I repeat never use this company. Huge rip-off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I ordered a medium size Christmas arrangement in a red vase. What was received, a day late, was a bouquet of 6 carnations and 6 roses with a couple stems of greenery in a clear vase. Very disappointed and will not order from Avas again.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I ordered flowers to be delivered for my mother's birthday. I placed the order on Sunday, December 29th via their website. They guarantee delivery on Monday the 30th during business hours. By 3:30 PM Monday, nothing had been delivered so I called them. They said they couldn’t make it before 5 PM so they were delivered to her house that night. They took her address and told me that they would get it to her that evening. No flowers ever came, I called them on the 31st asking what happened and they had not even made the arrangement yet!!

Their arrangement designer was busy and hadn’t started my order yet. They told me that the soonest they could get it delivered would be January 3. Are you serious? I requested a refund but had I known they would epically fail, I would have used another service for my mom to have flowers on her birthday. Refund is nice, but the whole point was to have a surprise on a special day. Based on so many reviews like mine, Avas Flowers needs to be shut down.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I ordered a delivery for my mom's 80th birthday. The delivery was 1 day late, Ava's incorrectly reported that the plant had been delivered on the afternoon requested. The plant was delivered the next evening but it was half dead. It was just left on the doorstep and when my parents opened the door no one was there. I live in the Philippines and had assumed that Avas Flowers would live up to their claim of quality plants and service. My parents told me of the deadish plant when we spoke via FT and I took a screen shot. I logged a customer service complaint and asked that they NOT contact my parents as they were already very upset and did not want a replacement plant. BUT they received a call from a florist insisting that a new plant would be sent, My dad said they were already upset and did not want any other delivery. The person HUNG UP on my dad, not apologizing or saying good-bye, but curtly ended the call. This further upset my elderly parents.

Once I finally received an email from a customer service representative, I was told to send a picture, but also told that I was too late since it had been over the 24 hours since delivery. I will never use Avas Flowers and I will encourage others not to use Avas Flowers. An experience that should have brought joy to my mother, turned out to be a very upsetting situation.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

On Dec 20 I ordered a spa basket for my sister picking Avas as they advertised being in her town and same day delivery. I ordered 59.99 basket for same day delivery. By end of the day they sent me an email saying the warehouse only delivers on Tuesdays and Thursday and the basket would be delivered on the 24. They called my sister and apologized and told her when to expect the delivery. He also promised me a 10 % discount and offered me a better basket but not telling me I would have to pay a higher price. No flowers came on the 24, I called on the 26, and they said they would deliver that day. I got a notice saying it was delivered but my sister said it hadn't come. I called and they said the confirmation was not correct. Then I found out they were in New Jersey not Georgia.

I called again, and the woman said she couldn't promise me the delivery. I told her I would give her to Friday to deliver then I was cancelling. I got an email saying they were refunding the higher amount as they could not complete the order. It has been a week since my sister's surgery. This was the worse situation I have ever experienced and would not recommend using them. The customer service were helpful but had no influence.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I purchased a floral arrangement for my grandfather's funeral. It consisted of 2 dozen roses with a variety of greenery in a basket and resembled a standard funeral arrangement. I paid extra to have a bow and card with it as well. I ordered it 3 days in advanced and on the day of delivery I received a phone call saying they were unable to deliver what I had ordered. I was not happy they were notifying me of this the day of delivery and asked how come. They told me that the basket was unavailable but they could do the same arrangement in a vase instead. I agreed to this.

When I arrived at my papa's viewing I was looking for my arrangement but could not find it. My dad told me it was behind the person standing in line. When I saw it my heart dropped into the pit of my stomach and my jaw dropped. In front of me was a 9 rose arrangement in a small pot, no bigger than the size of a cantaloupe, no bow and one of those standard cards you get for free with a regular purchase. This arrangement resembled a $30-$40 arrangement you can purchase from your local grocery store.

When I called Avas to resolve this horrible situation I was told the "best" they could do was a $40 refund, so basically the cost of the arrangement sent. If I could attach pictures of what I ordered compared to what I received I'm sure many of you would be shocked!!! In addition, Avas would not give the name of the florist who fulfilled the order. I would HIGHLY recommend reconsidering an order through AVAS flowers. Unless they can guarantee that you will receive exactly what is shown...I would not allow yourself to be taken advantage of in this manner. You can get a higher quality arrangement and a much better value through Costco!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

What a SCAM This company is!!!! I ordered a Christmas Bouquet for 12/24. It's now 12/28 and it still has not been delivered. I spent 20 mins trying to figure out how to get someone on the phone. Finally got through to a call center that barely spoke English....ONLINE they say it's a LOCAL FLORIST... IT IS NOT!!!! Just a simple off shore flower broker. They never even said sorry they weren't delivered...only said, "We can offer you a redelivery next week.|" WHAT A SCAM!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

They should all be arrested at AVAS Flowers. Got nothing but excuses from this company. They had no problems at all charging my credit card. I cannot believe Google lets scams like this show on their search results. Google is as much to blame as AVAS Flowers.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Ordered Christmas Floral tree with ornaments. Received a tree with 5 ornaments and 2 pine cones and a few bows. No flowers. Received a refund of only 25% after fighting with 4 different people including a supervisor because of the lack of flowers. What a joke this company is, will never order from them again. Crappy product and customer service. Hello, it is Avas Flowers NOT Avas Trees.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I ordered flowers for a certain day for a dinner party. The flowers did not arrive until the next day. I was contacted to know about this and they do not have a phone number listed to contact them. I will not buy from them again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I am absolutely appalled at the arraignment delivered by this company. I specifically request a LARGE FULL BOUQUET with RED & WHITE ROSES & PINECONES Christmas looking style. I also specifically stated price was not a object on this order. With that said Nothing that was delivered was remotely close to what I paid for. Also the card requested only contained one name and was not addressed to both individuals as requested either. I am beyond speechless at the product these people delivered. They charged me 129.00 for a sparse looking arrangement that was truly embarrassing to say the very least. They delivered 3 red roses, 4 carnations, 2 white daisies stems, 1 lily and some other red leaf which they charged an outrageous amount for. When contacted they made excuse after excuse and offered no resolution. A place to avoid at all costs!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

What was ordered: “Birthday Indulgence,” in size large. A big beautiful bouquets of roses, lilies, and other lovely flowers for my Mother’s birthday. Total price: $80.94. What arrived: Six roses and a bunch of what looked like ragweed. All of which died within five days. I usually go through ProFlowers.com, but instead I googled florist, in my mother’s town of Longwood FL. Avas popped up, giving every indication of being a local florist. They were not. I called and also sent in a detailed email, with pictures. No response. No refund, no repeat delivery of nice flowers, nothing. I’ve never seen a sorrier excuse for a florist in all my days. I wish I could upload the pictures; they are truly pathetic. $80 for ragweed.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

My sister spent $80 on a gift basket for me. She requested fruit, teas and other nice things. I got a bunch of dollar store items in a tin. She called them and was put on hold for 45 minutes and they never got back to her. It was awful. DO NOT ORDER WITH THEM.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I ordered Christmas flowers to be delivered on Dec. 24th. On the 24th I checked the order online and it showed delivery was moved to the 25th. I knew from speaking with customer service that they weren't open on Christmas Day. Now on the 26th I call and spend 40 minutes on the phone, most of it on hold and being transferred around. They said they would give me a DISCOUNT and have the arrangement delivered New Year's Eve. Now why would I send CHRISTMAS flowers on NEW YEAR'S EVE? I just want a full refund and to never have to deal with this company again. After 40 minutes on hold, I was disconnected. Shortly after, I received an email saying they would issue a refund but that it could take 10 days. This company is NOT local. They are not legitimate. I only wish I had read all the other horrible reviews before ever giving them my money.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

First off, when you call them, their phone messaging says that they are a local family owned florist. They are not. They are based out of New Jersey and contract with florists all over the country. We placed an order for delivery in Stroudsburg PA with them over the phone because we had a question about the picture. The person on the phone suggested that we place the order with him over the phone because "it will be picked up quicker" than online orders. He assured us that the arrangement would be delivered on the date we requested, the day before Christmas Eve. We had explained to him that they needed to be delivered that day because we didn't know if the recipient would be home the next day. He said that it wouldn't be a problem.

Late in the afternoon of the day they were to be delivered, we called to verify that they would indeed be delivered that day. They informed us that "all of the florists are very busy and we could not find one to complete your order on the day you requested". It was then that we learned that Avas Flowers is not a local family owned business. The person on the phone said that they would have the order completed the next day, Christmas Eve. Christmas Eve morning we get a text saying that it was urgent that we call them. This time they tell us that, not only could the arrangement not be delivered before Christmas, but that it would not be delivered until 2 days after Christmas. And again, they said that they called all of the florists in the Scranton area. Yet, they charged our credit card. We had to cancel the order and are waiting to see if they credit back our money. Never do business with them.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Do not purchase from this company!!!! I ordered flowers on Friday 12/20/2019 for our unexpected death of my Brother-in-law. My sister lives 1000 miles from me. I was unable to travel there due to short staffing at my place of employment. I was assured that I would be given updates regarding shipping and delivery by email and text. The delivery was to be by 1:00 p.m. to the Funeral home. I received no communication from this company. I started the on-line tracking process on Sunday at 7:00 to see the progress. I only received a statement of being an error and sorry for inconvenience. It also stated I would be advised of the information after investigation.

At 12:30, I called customer service and they told me they were delivered at 8:45 a.m. Please bear in mind, these are anxious moments. I wanted to be assured, that the only expression we could provide, was completed as requested. I couldn’t be there to personally know that is was. Two days had passed and not a word from this company to assure all was in good order. I called customer service to request credit on Sunday and Monday. All I got was, “you got the flowers, right?". And not the least bit of resolution. In fact, when I called on Monday, the day after the service, I selected the prompt for delivery issues. The recording stated “this order is set up for re-delivery”. This company is so inept, they can’t even track an order. My entire experience of this display of sympathy was totally ruined. And this company could care less.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Hi, I am living in Paris, France. On Dec 22nd I ordered a centerpiece for my family in Fort Myers, Florida. The expected delivery date is on Dec 23rd (same day delivery is indicated clearly on their website or I made it up myself. Here, I gave one extra day). If it is delivered on Dec 24, it would be still ok. The amount was already immediately withdrawn from my account. Today is Dec 24. My family doesn’t receive anything from Avas Flowers. I tracked my order: it will be delivered on Dec 26!!!! In France, we celebrate Christmas on Dec 24, at midnight. I wonder if in the USA people celebrate Christmas on Dec 26???? Maybe.... I should have read reviews about Avas Flowers before ordering. First, last and only order with Avas Flowers.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

The WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. I do not recommend this flower service shop to anyone. I will requesting a full refund for a job not done nor completed the same day. Family never received the flowers WTF.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I ordered some roses and a box of chocolates online on Saturday 12/21 to be delivered to a restaurant on Sunday 12/22 to celebrate a 1 yr anniversary and also for a surprise marriage proposal. The website allowed me to select the Sunday date where other companies did not allow that option. We arrive at the restaurant on Sunday 12/22... no flowers, no chocolates. I contacted Avas customer service and they said they could not deliver on Sundays! So why offer that option online when ordering? So then I had to reschedule the delivery for Monday at my now fiancee's office. So much for the surprise...it was ruined.

To top it off they then delivered the flowers on Monday but forgot the chocolates!!! I called yet again to ask about the chocolates and they initially offered me a $10 store credit... I ** paid $19.95 for the chocolates! I demanded a full refund of the cost of the chocolates. Apparently it will take 7-10 business days for my refund. This was my first time using this online company and will certainly be my last!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I ordered flowers for a friend while she was on vacation. I received an email stating they could not deliver the flowers on time (they'd be sent four days later). Well, the date they would be delivered was after she was gone. They also said they could not delver the flowers I choose. I called and asked for everything to be canceled and my card refunded. After over 20 minutes on the phone they finally did provide a credit after telling me several times they could not provide a credit.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

My boyfriend ordered me a SURPRISE bouquet of Rose's and balloons to be delivered to my job. I received a message on messenger asking was I suppose to receive flowers today and call them. I called and they told me all about the surprise and wanted to confirm address and I did. They were scheduled to deliver at 3 and never came and I received a call they cannot find my job so they will deliver to my home. I gave them my home address and left work and guess what they called saying they were at my job! I told them I was gone and they were to deliver to my home.

After several hours and calls we just wanted to cancel but they said we couldn't. I called customer service again and they informed me they will deliver the next day. Fuming I got a call from the deliver guy he is outside. I go and get the flowers and not only were several of them dead but the balloons were missing. They offered 10 percent refund which the balloons cost more than that and I'm still waiting on a response from the pictures I've sent. This was on 12/20 and I'm still waiting. WE WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN! What a way to ruin a birthday surprise!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Ordered the delux gourmet snack basket and paid $75 with delivery. The basket that was delivered didn't look anything like what is pictured. It was actually an Easter basket with what looked like convenience store pretzels and dollar store tin of sugar cookies and some chocolates. After sending pics to Avas, they refunded me $10 and an email reply saying the arrangement met their standards. Not impressed at all and would not recommend spending money here.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Ridiculously small and partially dead poinsettia for $38. What is wrong with you people?!? And you tell me this plant is totally good after sending a picture? What a joke of a company to stand behind this product as quality. This totally shows what you stand for, which is not quality. Shameful!!! Your $38 plant that the “executive“ customer relations person told me was good and they saw NO issue with...

A beautiful $7.99 poinsettia from the grocery store...this is quality and $30 less than yours! You are a joke!!! You should not be in business and I will make sure to share this with everyone I can!!! Watch out for the hidden "service" fee that comes at the end of your transaction after the total and after you've already entered your credit card info! TOTAL SCAM AND RIPOFF COMPANY!!!! Thanks, James.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I ordered same day flowers with a guarantee they would be delivered by 7:00 pm tonight. I just got an email about there being a problem with my delivery and to please call customer service. Made the phone call and was told they couldn’t deliver the flowers today because they are too busy with orders. The customer service agent told me that for $8.00 more dollars they could try and deliver them on Monday but that they would be getting more orders over the weekend so they wouldn’t be sure they would be delivered then. I canceled the order and now have to wait up to 10 days for my refund.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

For my money they received 6 badly colored carnations! Never again! The flowers were left on the doorstep of a Florida home... in the heat! I was ashamed that they had our name on the card! Avoid this company!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I did receive my flowers and feel pretty lucky after reading all the other reviews. However, the next day they were already dying and by the morning of the second day they looked horrible. They had water. I’ve worked for a florist and this is unacceptable. The flowers should definitely last more than two days!!

Avas Flowers Company Information