2.63/5
Based on 1,451 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Avas Flowers

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

1780 Avas Flowers Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 15, 2019

I ordered an arrangement to be delivered the following day. I received an email asking me to call them. The Rep stated that the "local" florist couldn't deliver the day I requested due to a medical issue. I asked which local florist they were using and the Rep at Ava's said she did not know but that they could deliver the day after my requested date and for my inconvenience they would upgrade the arrangement I ordered and also give me a credit to be used at a later date. Avas website is deceiving because they state that their deliveries are from a local florist.

When the arrangement was delivered to my neighbors via UPS, I went to see what exactly was delivered. What a disappointment! The arrangement I ordered is not what was delivered. The flowers that were delivered were nothing but filler flowers, not even close to what I ordered. The flowers were rubber banded together, a vase was in the box and the recipient was supposed to make her own arrangement with the horrible flowers they provided. NEVER use Avas Flowers. They are a rip off. I emailed them with my concerns, but, of course, I have not received a response and don't expect I will.

Original review: July 14, 2019

PLEASE use your social media network to spread the word about this company. My experience almost identically reflects those of the other 1-star reviews here, and I too would give a ZERO if I could. The Gory Details: I spent 21 minutes on phone with customer service (INCLUDING a manager) to my order to make sure that they had the details right: I cheerfully OFFERED to pay extra to ADD Stargazer lilies to the "DELUXE" (=$84.99) version of their purported "Sunflower Symphony" as shown online. I was dumbfounded at what was delivered -- at a cost of $120+. It was small, meager, and -- as others say in these reviews -- a total embarrassment in representing my sentiments, not to mention a waste of money.

I spent 2 days in email exchanges AND on the phone with the company -- which BTW is based at 300 Corporate Drive, Mahwah NJ 07430-3616, phone (201) 882-4963. (Jersey folks, plz help - they ARE local there.) I too received a $12.78 "refund" to make me feel better about dissatisfaction, AND a BONUS $20 credit toward my next order...RIGHT. CLEARLY a scam: Avas is nationwide (incredible), although you can't tell that from the website. They must pay some poor local florist about $30 to deliver something, and then pocket the rest, and ASSUME that they will have to absorb the 15% Unhappiness Rebate as a cost of doing business. I doubt they seriously expect any of us to ever cash in on the $20 credit toward another purchase. Duh. Neat trick.

AND they were founded in 1977, so they've been running this model for a long, long time. I'd love to see authorities examine this classic Bait-and- Switch cooking of the books. Yes, I AM mad. Please do use social media to spread the word. Most of us who have used Avas have done so in good faith and in a rush, to send congrats or condolences or SURPRISE or "I love you" -- not checking reviews. I DID look at reviews -- obviously the wrong ones, given that there is a Better Business Bureau alert out on these scumbags. Okay, I'm done. Happy flower power!

Original review: July 13, 2019

I placed an order yesterday, and was told they would be delivered yesterday Friday, and so far today at 5:15 p.m. they have not been delivered. I called earlier upset, and wanted to cancel order and was told that I couldn’t because they were already out for delivery. Really?? I also told them that I would never order from them again! Right after I said that, they told me that they put $15.00 credit on my account for my next order. Really? I said, "Did you not hear me say I would never order again?" I told them to put a credit on my charge card and was told that they couldn’t do that. Unbelievable! I am so upset!

Original review: July 13, 2019

The flowers I ordered were an embarrassment. My wife called me a cheapskate as she believed I could not have spent more than $19 for this anniversary bouquet - which cost $79 and was supposed to be (according to the sales rep) extremely impressive. Problem is, it was impressive AS IT WAS TERRIBLE. Customer service repeatedly put me on hold and then disconnected me. I sent them a picture - at their request - only to be told they NEVER received it - THREE TIMES. Finally I spoke to a person and they did not hang up. They admitted they had the picture. They said everything was as it should be. Customer service stinks. The flowers stink. I would give them 0 stars if the option existed. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU WISH TO BE DISAPPOINTED AND GIVEN THE RUNAROUND.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I purchased a flower arrangement online and made a mistake on the recipient information so per their site and phone message modifications to your order can be made online so that is what I did. Today the flowers were delivered to my house instead of the funeral they were intended for. When I contacted customer service their only response was "we never received your modification". How convenient. Will never use their services again. Expensive lesson learned.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: July 13, 2019

Ordered hydrangeas for my Mother in law's birthday and instead she received a half dead, bug infested "peace lily". I made a complaint on the website and included pictures of what was received as well as a screenshot of what was specifically ordered. No answer. Two days later, I called and was connected to their call center and after nearly 20 mins on hold they said that they could give me a 10% refund. I declined and explained that I would only accept what I ordered to be delivered. They put me on hold and "spoke to a manager", came back and said what the correct basket would be delivered the next day. It wasn't. I emailed the next day and received a response that the basket would be delivered the next day. It wasn't. It's now a week later and still nothing. DO NOT USE THIS FLORIST.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I paid for was a beautiful full arrangement of multiple flowers but they delivered 5 roses with some leaves. They said that it met the "recipe" specifications when I complained. Pick another company!!

Original review: July 11, 2019

I ordered flowers for my daughters 1st Mother’s Day the day before Mother’s Day with a verbal guarantee from the sales person they would get there no later than the day after, but that he’d put a rush on it. Not only did they arrive 2 days after the verbal guaranteed delivery date they were delivered to the incorrect address the day before. My daughter received the flowers without the balloons ordered and paid for. I tried to cancel my order when the flowers weren’t delivered on time (and before the delivery) but was denied. I wish I would have read the reviews before I ordered. If you don’t have 100 dollars to throw away, stay away from ordering from Avas!

Original review: July 10, 2019

I ordered flowers for a funeral service that were never delivered. I spent $$$ for a no show. I should have been skeptical as after I ordered I never did get an email receipt or confirmation like I was promised. I did call to ensure delivery at the proper time as it was an early morning (8:30 am) viewing at the funeral home. I was assured they would be delivered. Needless to say the flowers never showed up.

When calling to ask about why the flowers never showed up I got told that they tried to deliver to the funeral home and the delivery got refused and to send them to the church where the service was being held. They did not contact me the customer. They did (as they say) deliver to the church. The problem being that there were 2 services that day one at 11 am and one at 3:30 pm. The flowers were used for the 11 am service. I am 99% certain of this fact as they told me on the phone that the flowers were delivered for the 11 am service. I never once provided guidance as to what time the church service was nor was I contacted and asked. If they had a delivery problem they should have contacted the customer (me) to ask for further delivery information. Instead they listened to a third party and needless to say some stranger got the expensive flowers I ordered for my family.

I am glad for them but enraged that the sentiments of comfort and care did NOT go to my own family. Calling to remedy the situation was it own frustrating process. I called once. They said they would check into it and call me back. No return call. I called again 3 days later. They replied that they needed 24 hours to investigate the situation and would contact me. No contact was made. I called a week and a half later to get the status. I got hung up on. I called again the same day and got the runaround. Basically they said the service was provided and the flowers were delivered. It is not "up to them" to make sure that they were used for the correct service. SAY WHAT? Isn't that what I am paying for? They offered me a $20 in store credit for a further purchase. I DON'T think so. Don't ever order from this company especially for important sentimental one lifetime event occurrences.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Ordered flowers from Avas for my husband's birthday, as we are living thousands of miles apart. I thought they were a local florist, but the flowers shipped from New Jersey to Washington via UPS. They did not arrive on his birthday, were not delivered to his business but to another business in the building, and were wilted when they arrived. So disappointed because these flowers were meant to be a surprise and indication to my husband I was thinking of him.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I ordered flowers from this company online on 7/3/19, to be delivered on 7/7/19. I received a phone call from a local florist at 2:00 p.m. on 7/8/19 saying that they had received the order that morning (7/8/19) and that it would be delivered that afternoon. This place advertises "same day delivery," on the top of their website. Very disappointed and won't use them again.

Original review: July 7, 2019

July 6, 2019 ordered an $80 bouquet online. This was my sister's last birthday as she is dying of cancer. I received a phone call from my sister that a cheap, wilted "week old" bouquet arrived with broken stems. The delivery man only said "Sorry". I phoned customer service immediately to complain and demand a refund. My sister placed the bouquet on her doorstep for return to the local florist used Olas in Everett. This florist has a 1 star rating as does Avas when I checked on Yelp today. Seems many, many other customers have had the exact same experience with Avas or worse. Customer service agent "Louis" said he had to speak to his "designer," and call back but he never did. Avas is not a reputable business and delivers poor quality product if at all. Suggest customers stay clear of this business.

Original review: July 3, 2019

Bouquet advertised not the same as Bouquet delivered. My complaint was handled with $10 credit for new sale from this company. Representative answer - a flower bouquet was delivered! I spoke to 3 reps. Never buy from this company!! I waited 11 mins on hold and 20 mins on hold with 2 customer reps. to resolve this issue. It was not resolved to my satisfaction. Customer Service horrible. Flowers horrible!! Better Business Bureau should shut them down.

Original review: July 2, 2019

When googled the company, it makes it look like they are local. I ordered flowers, chocolates and a balloon for a cousin having surgery. They were a day late, the flowers were not in a vase and not what I ordered, they did not call ahead as instructed and left them on the porch steps in over 90 degree heat. When called, got a call center not a local florist. Was offered $15 company credit, then $10 off of my $80 dollar order. Horrible service. Do not use this company!

Original review: July 1, 2019

If I could give them a 0 I would! I ordered flowers on June 25 for a birthday on the 26. I called to see if they would deliver to a military base prior to ordering. It is now July 1st and they have not been delivered. They promised deliver on the 25, then the 26, then July 1 and today they have not been delivered and they can’t get a hold of the designer that is supposed to be designing and delivering the flowers. They have not been able to get a hold of the designer since last Wednesday. Not sure what designer they use that they can’t get a hold of them. They had not problem charging my credit card on the 25th. I would never order flowers from the supposedly family owned business!

Original review: July 1, 2019

Ava's flowers has these cute little storefronts to suck you in and make you believe you are dealing with a local florist. And if you live in another state, how would you know? Well, don't be fooled. This is big business - they are really 1-800-Flowers and they use random vendors to make the arrangements and deliver them. On two separate occasions I have ordered flowers for my elderly mother - in both instances they sent shoddy, broken, dead, mismatched, crappy arrangements. Neither were what I ordered, or even close. I could have done better on the $5.00 Walmart counter. On the second occasion I also purchased a card that did not get delivered.

Royal Kiosk of Selma, NC delivered in both instances. Why Ava's hasn't FIRED this horrible company is beyond me. Ava's replaced the first arrangement with another, but again Royal delivered it and so it still wasn't what I ordered. And it was still ugly. This second time around I've complained and been told the work falls within their substitution guidelines. What a cop-out. My poor mother actually cried because she was upset that I spent hard earned money on something so bad. Ava's and Royal will NEVER EVER get our business again. I highly recommend you stay clear unless you want to throw your money away.

Original review: July 1, 2019

The flowers that my husband sent with very good intentions were wilted, chocolates melted and no response from the company. I work in Miami and we have fresh flowers available every day delivered to our building for our purchase. So I know what fresh flowers look like and don't have unusual or unrealistic expectations. These roses were not looking good from day one.

On top of that, the chocolates were like water. Everyone knows not to leave chocolate in a hot delivery van while out for delivery. The water in the vase with the flowers was even hot. No wonder why they were wilty. I tried contacting the phone number and was put on hold for 20 minutes waiting for the delivery department. This was after my fourth attempt to get a live body to answer the phone. Then I emailed them and 5 days later there's no response at all from the company. Very poor customer service. So I'll deal with writing this one up to a bad flower company who doesn't care about its customers.

Original review: July 1, 2019

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! I ordered a piece lily from this company for a funeral, paid for the bigger one! They sent something that looked like it was dug out of a farm! They then stated I should have read the substitutions on their site! I was so embarrassed because it was the ugliest plant that was delivered! They would not work with me nor would they answer emails or calls! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE!

Original review: June 30, 2019

Ordered flowers for same day delivery. Shortly after placing the order received an email stating they couldn't deliver until the next day. Checked status the next day and new delivery date is 4 days later. Unable to cancel order and unable to reach customer service. Should've read the reviews first. They suck.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I ordered a beautiful arrangement for my grandmother. She lost her mother, my great grandmother, on Tuesday. I felt the arrangement was appropriate because purple was her favorite color and she loved carnations. Instead, Ava sent out a dozen pink roses. When I contacted customer service I was advised that their "minor" substitution was within their Substitution Policy. I would hardly call this a minor substitution. The arrangement I ordered had four different types of flowers in it and is shades of purple. The sympathy flowers they sent my grandmother are PINK ROSES. Completely unacceptable. I will not be doing business with them again.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I ordered a bouquet of flowers that I stressed needed to be lavender and cream color roses because it was to go on a wedding cake and that was the color scheme. I was assured numerous times that is what I would be sent by 1pm the next day. The bouquet arrived after 5pm the next day and it had red and pink roses. I had to take more time and money to search for the correct flowers on the morning of the wedding day! I made several calls to Avas Flowers only to be put on hold for extended periods of times and be offered 50% refund then a 25% refund and then nothing at all because they said it was in the recipe of the order.

I later researched the company with BBB and found they had over 1,500 complaints for similar incidents with their company. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SCAM COMPANY!! I wish I had time to review them before I ordered because I would have not made that mistake. On their website they claim to be a 5 star rated company which is completely false! Just go to the Google reviews for their company and you will see they have more 1 star rating then all others. Hope this helps out any other potential victims.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Had a friend going in for surgery, spent $120 to have flowers sent to their home. Avas took the $120, and did not deliver the flowers. Despite many back-and-forth conversations with them, they would not refund the money, or deliver the flowers. Avoid. They're literally just scamming people.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I was away on business and haven't seen my wife in almost 2-weeks. And, since it was my wife's birthday on June 17th, I decided to order a beautiful arrangement of flowers and have it delivered to her office in San Tan Valley, AZ as a surprise. Based on the website picture, I ordered a very nice medium size bouquet (~3X larger than the vase) in a nice vase with a pretty ribbon, and I added four balloons in the morning of June 17. Since they advertise "same day delivery service" I wasn't worried, AND the business where my wife works doesn't close until 8 PM. They don't even close during their lunchtime (which is significant to this scam). The total came to $73.68. A small gesture of my love for my wife on her birthday.

Meanwhile, I dropped a few hints that she was getting a surprise and to look for it later that day (her birthday) at her office. My wife was very excited. She told all the ladies in her office "that a surprise was coming and to look out for the delivery later that day". I was very relieved and happy in the anticipation of making her day that much more special. Later that night I called and talked to my wife after she came home and asked how she liked her surprise. She was sad to say that nothing arrived and ALL the other ladies were waiting to see what the surprise was.

At 5 am the next morning (June 18) I went to Avas Flower website and found out that they had reported the "delivery was complete". Of course, I knew that was a lie and immediately sent a note to tell them they are dishonest and unprofessional AND I wanted a 100% full refund because the flowers were not delivered on my wife's birthday. After completing two reports, the only response was a 'boilerplate' response email indicating they were going to address the issue. Then on Wednesday, June 19th my wife reported that they delivered her flower arrangement. The flowers came in a mason jar filled with water and included 3-wraps of thin ribbon and one balloon. The flowers were already wilted and were a very small arrangement. It was then I knew this was definitely a scam!

I called Avas Flowers customer line and spoke to a guy for "25 minutes" who kept repeating that the order was made and there's nothing he could do to help. Finally, I said I wanted to talk to his boss and he said that he will call me back to discuss my concerns later today. I waited all day (today) and nothing happened, but I'm not giving up until I get a full refund. Avas Flowers is dishonest and unprofessional company!! John

Original review: June 24, 2019

I ordered a funeral spray of only white flowers to be delivered to a service on June 23 at 10:00am. The flowers should have been at the site by 8:00am. After getting a call from my husband that the flowers were not there at the service I called Avas customer service number. I called three times and each time they told me that the flowers were on the way. The service started and the flowers did not come. I called customer service again and they finally got ahold of the florist who told them that they delivered the flowers to the site but that the delivery person dropped the flowers and ruined the arrangement. They had no time to fix it. I did not get a call from Avas telling me this

Instead I had to call them to find this out. They offered to send the broken flower arrangement to the gravesite or to the family home. Can you believe that? Seriously? Wtf kind of customer service is that? I was so mad screaming at them that I could barely hear myself. They were not even going to tell me that the delivery did not happen. Maybe I would not know yet they were going to still charge me for it.

I told them that I was not going to pay for their mistake and that I wanted a full refund. They processed a transaction to put through a refund and that better go through. If I was at the funeral, I would have been so mad that I would be crying at the sheer embarrassment to my family. Instead my husband and his mother were just disappointed and embarrassed. Dont use this company. They screwed up and weren't even going to tell me what happened and still charge me for it. I am very angry at their stupid mistake. They should fire the delivery guy who dropped the arrangement. My order number **.

Original review: June 22, 2019

What a terrible company to do business with! I wanted to send flowers for my daughter's birthday and thought this might be a good company since they are in the same city in Nevada. THEY ARE NOT and didn't deliver. Apparently they want the recipient of the flowers to stay home - all day - waiting for something to be delivered that is a SURPRISE! My daughter didn't know she was getting anything! They say they have been in business for 30 years so you would think they would figure that out on their own.

When it was not delivered on her birthday (for a party she was having that night and I wanted the flowers there for that), I called and asked for a status on the delivery. They said it was my fault for not telling them to leave it on the doorstep! Why didn't this company of "30 year" know to ask that question of me when I paid for the order? I told them, "Yes, leave it at the door" and they said they would deliver it again Friday afternoon BUT THEY DIDN'T! AGAIN! Because the robot-like person I was just on the phone with said there was no one home to receive it. Not a pleasant experience and will not deal with them again. I will be curious to see if they got the order right when they finally deliver it! Stay tuned! Steve

Original review: June 21, 2019

They promised a delivery in time for Mothers' Day with a card and said they could meet my specific request for the flowers. I phoned afterwards to find out why the arrangement had not been delivered. They promised an upgrade and a refund for delivery a few days later. The "upgrade" was something entirely different to what we had agreed. There was no card. They didn't get the flowers right. They didn't get the delivery right. They didn't bother with the card. The refund was $5.99 on an order of $106.55.

Their customer service people just stalled. They promised a reply to my email, but didn't reply. They promised to call back and didn't. On my fifth call they had the cheek to tell me it was now a month since the delivery so it was too late to complain. Pursue a refund through your bank. The customer service people will just stall you. There is a reason they don't participate in the Consumer Affairs Platform and have (at the time of writing) an F rating from Better Business Bureau.

Original review: June 21, 2019

The flowers I ordered from Avas' florist looked nothing like the beautiful arrangement on their web page. The arrangement received had a fraction of the flowers that was pictured on the we site but more Importantly, the arrangement did not look professional. A child could do better. The worst is the cost shown was $42.99 but I found out that did not include the vase and Service which took it to $71. I could do better for about $25 worth of flowers. Also the clear vase I requested was not sent. A green vase was sent. I Should have read all these reviews before ordering.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Called Avas Flowers at 9 am and asked if they could deliver flowers to my Brother-in-Law's funeral service at 5:30pm the same day. They said absolutely, "no problem." They charged my credit card and then called back at 4pm to inform me there was no way they could now deliver the flowers and asked for an address so that they could deliver them the next day. TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL! I will NEVER use these guys again and I STRONGLY suggest you use someone else as well.

Original review: June 20, 2019

They promise early morning delivery. Not only did that not happen twice.The flowers got delivered a day later, at 430 PM. They lie through their teeth to get the sale then you will spend a ton of time trying to figure out why you did not get a call from your recipient that they were delivered. No such thing as same day, but they will tell it will be delivered same day. Horrible.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I ordered a sympathy bouquet with a promised delivery before 1p which was the memorial service starting time - received email confirmation of delivery. At 10:50am flowers not delivered. Called them at 12:55p. Advised driver was enroute. Flowers not received until after service! Phoned them direct and they said they would refund flowers and send out same flowers to mother of deceased. Called them today and they said they changed their mind and admitted what they said before was correct but they changed their mind. No way they will only discount original order by 40%. What a ripoff! They do not even stand by their own promises! Will never use them again! I am now going to reimburse the mother out of my own pocket! Buyers beware.

Avas Flowers Company Information