3.32/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Auto Parts Warehouse offers a wide variety of aftermarket and performance parts for all types of cars, trucks, and SUVs. With a comprehensive product catalog, you can enjoy a hassle-free shopping experience for your vehicle.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

353 Auto Parts Warehouse Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 21, 2019

Sent me wrong struts due to their online error. Had to send back and they again sent wrong struts a 2nd time. Took almost a month to get my money back after several calls and emails. They kept $10 of my refund as well. Absolutely horrible experience.

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Helpful website, ensuring I was ordering the correct part for my vehicle. Quick shipping ensured I received the order before the estimated delivery date. A go to for all of my auto parts requirements!! Would definitely recommend this site for all my gear head friends!

Original review: April 19, 2019

I was very satisfied with all the items I bought from APW and plan on returning for more as I move along on the restoring of this pickup. I was assisted by a very nice young lady. If I remember her name was Sharie. Not 100% sure on the spelling but I believe every company needs to have one of her working for them. This young lady went over and above to see that I was in fact getting the right parts I was wanting and never once got upset if I did not understand everything she was wanting. She calmly explained everything and was quick to say, "Don't worry. Ian here. We will get it all worked out." All I can say is I sure which all companies treated you this way and were concerned that you were getting what you wanted without delay it's this service that makes you want to return and do business with them again.

Original review: April 18, 2019

The customer service is very prompt and on point. I contacted them after order was placed. They reviewed my email and got back to me with approx $12 discounted on the order. Great email exchange. I thanked them and subsequently placed a few more orders.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Generally good product. Shipping time is reasonable. But the packaging needs lots of improving. Twice I had ordered items and there was not enough padding in the box. My control arm were just in plastic bags. When they arrived they were coming through the box and banged up. I didn't appreciate that. I had just spent over 200 dollars and it was not packaged properly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Auto Parts Warehouse?

Original review: April 18, 2019

Always have a good experience throughout the purchase process! Also when I have made a mistake when purchasing a part the customer service has offered solutions to resolve the matter!! The parts are affordable and arrive promptly! I will continue to purchase parts in the future!!

Original review: March 1, 2019

Would not honor warranty claim on a 5yr warranty of exhaust pipe, sent pics as required, documentation as needed and still nothing. Pipe was less than 2 yrs old. ALSO SENT TO CORPORATE WITH NO RESPONSE so poor service comes from the top. It's not worth my time to buy from here with this kind of service.

STAY AWAY.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I ordered a power steering pump for my car. It showed up in great condition and I installed on the car. Now I need to return the CORE. The instructions are so inconvenient and confusing it make it almost not worth it. 1. Cost is on you. 2. The packing reads to return the core in original manufactures box, then in the instructions it tells you to place that box into another and ship it. This adds cost of box and added weight to the shipment. They should make returning the CORE much easier. It's going to cost me $25.00 to ship this back for a credit of $60. Not even worth it.

Auto Parts Warehouse response

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for sending us your feedback and letting us addressed the issue.

Your concern surely help us identify those areas that we still need to work and improve on. As what we have discussed, we’ll just wait for the return tracking number of your return.

Should you have further concern, please let us know. Thanks!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Order Bostech fuel injector shown as in stock on the website only to have my payment refunded due to being out of stock. Contacted APW service and was told to call to check later to confirm the part was in stock which I did and was told they checked and it was definitely in stock, again purchased the part, again refunded due to being out of stock. So I called again later on same thing, was told they checked they had it, refunded again. Mailed APW asked them to explain was told it will be followed up on and they would get back to me, didn't happen. Mailed APW and was told to phone again the same people who had already mislead me 3 times. I can't uderstand why they do this.

Auto Parts Warehouse response

We received your response today. We tried to call you but the call was not going thru. An email was also sent to you.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

This company resells parts from different parts stores and distributors. They do not stock anything and most of the time they say they have something in stock when they actually have no idea. I would not recommend them in any way. I ordered a battery for my vehicle and I called the same day and they promised me that they have it in stock. A week later I got a bumper instead!! I couldn't believe it and when I called all they said was "I'm sorry but it appears that the item is not in stock". So after waiting a week, I got the wrong part, then all they wanted to do is setup a return and couldn't do more for me. Take my advise and don't waste your precious time.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

This company need a better knowledge staff of making promise to their customer. I was told by two different customer service rep. from Auto Parts Warehouse I can get my part overnight by pay extra shipping so I did. And two day later no part. I check on FedEx shipping it was ground. I call back and spend 45 minutes again. I was told they reissuing new overnight. The next day still no part. I call to get my refund on my overnight shipping and forty-five minutes later. I was lead to believe they are doing me a favor by refunding me the shipping cost. What a joke! I had to explain to my customer at the shop. It was my first time dealing with this vendor and I won't charge my customer for labor for good faith. This is my first and my last dealing with this company.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I ordered a head gasket kit for a volvo v40, it came open and parts were missing. Exhaust manifold gasket, thermostat housing Gaskets, valve stem seals, coolant pipe gasket. I paid 134.00 for the kit. Talked to three people, was offered a new head gasket kit, then I get another call and I was offered 20.00 dollars. Frustrated I took the twenty. So I ended up chasing around for these missing parts and in the end cost me more. I will not use your service again ever.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Bought these tires, fast delivery tires look good and ride good, I have ordered numerous parts from Auto Parts Warehouse over the past several years and never been dissatisfy. I have recommended Auto Parts Warehouse to numerous people and will continue to do so.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Late Delivery. I cannot review anything yet as my order appears to be coming slower than Pony Express wandering around the U.S. I will be happy to review this order after it has arrived and I can install it.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I ordered the wrong part and 3 months later went to install it and it was obviously wrong. They processed the return with no questions. I thought I would have to scrap it, but they surprised me. They are my go to company for future purchases.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

In the last year I have bought a new ac compressor with all parts to rebuild the system. Pads an rotors front an rear for my 2003 Dodge Durango R/T. And new headlight upgrades. Everything fit perfectly!! Great job. A+++. If I need parts I will order again!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Great place to shop for your car or truck needs. It's easy and has reasonable prices. Compare to AutoZone and Advance Auto, great value. You get the product real fast considering you're ordering online. Thanks again Auto Parts Warehouse for all of your help.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Customer service is great. I had issue with the bushings in my lower control arms. I'm lost and they allow me to upgrade for just a few dollars difference in shipping them to me and I will always do a Auto Parts Warehouse. Great customer service RockAuto.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

When trying to get a warranty replacement it was like pulling teeth. It should not be that difficult or have taken that long for a warranty to process. We have placed many many orders through your company and the service is terrible!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I placed my order on September 4th; unfortunately the package was delivered on the wrong address, I tried to contact the local USPS office but they can't help me, I tried to find someone on the address that was delivered but is empty, I came back to the customer service and Joy ** offer me a replacement or refund. And now Renabesh ** said that it is not possible!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Ordered aluminum AC line. When I received it someone had bent it so it would fit into the box, that was too small. It was creased almost closed on both ends. Got another sent and sent other one back. The replacement wasn't bent however the part had been opened and a seal and fitting removed. This was done prior to boxing. Having no ac in the south isn't good. Not sure what is going on at the warehouse and shipping depts but needs to be checked into.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Great place to get parts from. Really fast shipping and always a perfect fit. Their prices are a lot better than most other online parts houses and free shipping over 50 dollars is awesome. Their shipping rate for below 50 is also low compared to others. Thanks and keep up the great service.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Tried placing the order online but your website would not function. Ended up having to place the order by phone. This is the second time I have had this happen. Maybe you ought to look at your website and try to solve these problems.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Great prices fast delivery highly recommend friendly and beat AutoZone by 112 dollars on a radiator. I'm happy. Beat everybody prices. Ordered shocks, brake routers. I have been telling everyone that I talk to about the great prices.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Canceled order on 7/17/2018. I thought it was the end problem. Well even though order was canceled, Your warehouse shipped the order on 7/27/2018. So my card was charged for items I no longer wanted. Seems you need to wake up your warehouse workers. Order sat on someone's desk for 10 Days. Way to go. Don't think I'm going to refer this company to anyone...

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I ordered the hinges REPC582901 for the truck bed that the tailgate slides onto for pivoting. The orientation of the oblong pivot was incorrect and did not match what I saw in the online picture. I requested a replacement and asked that they investigate their stock to see that it matches the picture. The replacement I got was exactly the same so it never got checked.

The only reason I did not call them back for another replacement was because I had a hunch they would not follow through with the quality check so I ordered the tailgate hinge set REPC582904 at that time. This allowed me to swap ends of the tailgate and the bed frame location of the oblong part that was oriented for the driver's side orientation. Original was on the passenger's side installation. If you are looking to get the hinge to match the picture of REPC582901, you might as well order the REPC582904 or you will be doing the same thing I did. Look at the picture and you will see what I am talking about on the orientation being incorrect.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I can say that the quality of the parts I get is good. My issue is with the app or ordering online. I can’t enter a city/state. So, I’m unable to complete my order, but I used points for a discount. They are gone forever.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I have been purchasing items from Auto Parts Warehouse for a couple of years now. The parts are competitively priced and shipping is always quick. I would recommend them to anyone who is interested in saving a significant amount of money compared to a local auto parts store pricing.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Product was good quality and great price delivered quick! Would order again for all my needs. Thanks guys. It also fits as good as original part. Got what I expected. Car looks like new. Was worried about fit but did not have any issues.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I've made several purchases from Auto Parts Warehouse and never an issue. Good pricing, customer service and timely shipments. However, their billing policy is not one I can get on board with. On my last order, the total amount was debited from my account (or put on hold, as customer service says) to confirm sufficient funding. Parts are shipped from various warehouses and each warehouse debited the cost of whatever part it was shipping. To date, they debited my account 6 times.

Meanwhile, the amount placed on hold is still unavailable to me. Customer service says the hold was released, my bank says otherwise. My money is being held hostage until the entire order is shipped. My account is very well funded, so I'm not concerned. I can't condone this practice and will be returning the parts had they arrive and will no longer patronize Auto Parts Warehouse. This policy may affect those on a tight budget and unable to have funds frozen for any amount of time.

Auto Parts Warehouse expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Auto Parts Warehouse, founded in 1995 and based in Carson, California, is an online distributor of automobile parts and accessories. They offer a broad product selection and flexible payment options.

• Product selection: Auto Parts Warehouse offers over half a million automobile parts and accessories in a variety of product categories including bumpers, fenders, grilles, hoods, mirrors, auto body styling, emblems and much more.

• Price matching: Auto Parts Warehouse aims to offer its products at the lowest prices. Many of its products are up to 70% off retail prices, but if you find any product advertised for a cheaper price by a competitor, Auto Parts Warehouse will match or beat the price. Simply fill out a Price Match Quote form on the website.

• Flexible payment plans: In addition to standard payment methods like all major credit cards, Paypal, Google Checkout, check, money order and wire transfer, qualified customers can apply for Bill Me Later, also known as Paypal Credit. This payment method allows customers to make a purchase without a credit card. You’ll have six months to pay your bill in full before you begin to accrue interest.

• Extended warranty options: All purchases are covered by a limited 90-day warranty for product defects, plus any additional manufacturer warranties that might be available. You can purchase extended warranty plans on certain items to offer more peace of mind.

• Orders over $50 ship free: Most orders over $50 qualify for free USPS ground shipping in the contiguous United States. Some items like performance parts or oversized packages have to be shipped via FedEx or freight and don’t qualify for free shipping.

• Best for: experienced auto parts buyers and customers who want a large selection of accessory and modification options.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs