1.18/5
  • 1 star
Based on 153 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Auto Parts Warehouse offers a wide variety of aftermarket and performance parts for all types of cars, trucks, and SUVs. With a comprehensive product catalog, you can enjoy a hassle-free shopping experience for your vehicle.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

178 Auto Parts Warehouse Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

They told me that if I paid more than 50 dollars I would get free shipping, but when I paid $74.31 cents they still charged me $22.68 then $51.63 for shipping. Then when I got my product it was the wrong one. So don't buy from these people.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

After taking my money, they refused timely shipping, any shipping updates, tracking numbers (even though they sent me a blank email claiming it was my tracking info), and my asking for refund. They just stopped all contact. DO NOT give this company your money! I wish I'd have read this before I did. I have also filed a BBB Complaint after giving APW one last warning of doing so. I don't know how companies like this stay in business, I guess by suckers like us. NEVER AGAIN APW!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I ordered this regulator and paid overnight shipping, the next day I got an email saying they were "unable to verify your payment details." (I used a VISA card) and to use PayPal. I thought it was odd that they did not suggest trying to run the card again, or use a different credit card type: e.g., Mastercard, American Express, etc... It was "use PayPal." So, I logged into my Auto Parts Warehouse account to look at the order details. The order showed "Complete" and "Out of Stock" literally a few inches away from each other.

I called customer service and could not get any details why the order did not go through... no details why the card could not be verified, why only PayPal was suggested, was the item in stock or not. NO ANSWERS and no resolutions to the problem! The CSR said they update their website every Tue and Thur so he was not able to determine if the item was in stock or not, it was effin' Tuesday! Auto Parts Warehouse had every item as "4 in stock." Auto Parts Warehouse is a horrible eCommerce site. DO NOT BUY, it's a waste of time. Ended up buying on Amazon.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Called Auto Parts Warehouse customer service because I wanted them to price match Carparts.com on the part I was ordering. She said she would do that so my total with shipping would be $15.93. I agreed, gave her all my info and my card number and thought it was all good. Until I get an email confirming my order, from Carparts.com for $19.16. When I called back I spent 10 minutes on the phone trying to explain to the lady what was the problem. Of course she doesn't even listen and tries to explain why I'm wrong and the charges are correct.

The fact is, what they tell you on the phone before they take your card number needs to be the amount that they actually charge you. And she should have told me that Carparts.com and Auto Parts Warehouse.com were in fact the same company and she wasn't "price matching." She was just placing the order through the other website. Finally after 15 minutes she agreed to do an adjustment for the difference. I just hope I see that adjustment as promised and these are the last of my problems with this company. I will not be trusting them again, and I recommend you do the same.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Ordered an engine guard for car, when received it was the wrong part. Tried to return and the cost of shipping was more than I paid for the part. Called company and was told I ordered the wrong part and was responsible for shipping. After reading some of these reviews, I'm not the only one with this problem. This company should be held accountable and also closed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Auto Parts Warehouse?

Original review: May 30, 2017

They sent the wrong part even though I emailed them twice to confirm the correct part would be sent. When I contacted them, they gave me the runaround and so I couldn't return it. Don't buy from these people. It is a ripoff.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I bought a new replacement fuel pump, Part #REPG314506, in Oct of 2015 from Auto Parts Warehouse. The part was installed in late December of 2015. This 1st replacement fuel pump had a faulty seal and began leaking fuel. Auto Parts Warehouse was very helpful and replaced the first fuel pump in June of 2016. (1st replacement pump only lasted 5 months of use.) Then, the replacement pump went out May 17, 2017. (2nd replacement pump lasted less than a year.) Terrible replacement part and now, since I bought the 1st fuel pump in October 2015 they will not cover this replacement pump that they sent me in June 2016.

On top of that, the vehicle that has this pretty darn new fuel pump was only driven less than 7000 miles during the last year. Again, terrible product. I'm willing and want to pay extra for a better product, hopefully a fuel pump that will LAST LONGER THAN A YEAR! But Auto Parts Warehouse says they will not replace the 2nd fuel pump since I bought the first fuel pump more than a year ago.

Original review: May 17, 2017

Their steering rack (for my 2005 Toyota Camry) made from "Premium Parts" crapped out after just 5,000 miles. I called the return department and they said the warranty was for 1 year and that it is 6 days over the warranty period. They base the warranty start date on when the part is initially ordered. I explained to them that it was banging for weeks and that I had the mechanic look at it a few days ago. Also, I didn't get it installed until a week or so after I received it. They didn't care. I then asked to speak with a supervisor; they had me call the warranty department. They wouldn't replace it either. They offered a replacement for $100 - but no warranty. Or $200 with the same 1 year warranty. Again, from the order date. So they offered a $38 discount to ship me a replacement since I paid $238 for the original rack. TERRIBLE customer service and false advertising about the quality of their original equipment parts.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I bought a door for my 1986 Toyota 4WD but to my dismay the top of the door was 1.5 inches from the frame. In addition, the corners had sharp points that scratched my newly painted trucks. I did not rush to insert all the other parts into the door and put it on the truck because Carparts Warehouse guaranteed that it would fit. Unfortunately, they would not let me return because it went past the 60-day return policy... I would not recommend this company due to their dishonesty and horrible parts.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I ordered a set of running boards for my truck and tried to cancel 20 minutes later when they said it could not be done. I received the parts and then emailed for return labels. I shipped the items back the next day. I called for my refund a few days later and was told I would not be getting it because they claim the parts were not theirs. I never opened the boxes but they did. Thus claiming they were not theirs. To me this is a scam to keep my 529.99 dollars. I'm an 81 year old and can't afford to lose that kind of money.

Original review: March 28, 2017

Nov 28, 2016 order #** ARNAS2516- core / Air struts $349.04. March 22, 2017 order #** front breaks $47.00. Both parts are for a Range Rover Supercharge 2008. Both times I was sent the wrong parts and cost me more money on the backend. My right side air struts went out and was sent a part that couldn't fit or turn and air lines were too short. It took a week to resolve the problem and I was in a rental car all that time.

The part was frozen at the top and would need a vises to break free so I had to get a letter from Louie ** (manager) to get it done. That wrong part cost me $540.00 for labor and rental car for the week. Today March 28, 2017 I bring my car in for oil change and replacing the new breaks I was sent only to find out that it too was the wrong part. This costed me $95.00 labor and $135.00 for new breaks they ordered locally. PLEASE WHATEVER YOU DO STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY... They could care less about you, their integrity or character. Really they should get put out of business FOR GOOD. I didn't even want to give them 1 star but I had to.

Original review: March 23, 2017

Here is my experience dealing with Auto Parts Warehouse. I went to their website, put my 2007 Toyota Prius in your parts finder. Ordered my parts. No problem. I received my parts, they did not fit. I called the returns number and they informed me the parts were in fact for a Honda. She also informed me that since I am the one that ordered the wrong parts, I would have to pay return shipping. So I pay 14 dollars to ship parts back that I didn't order. Then for some reason, they returned $35.02 to my card after I was charged over 41 dollars. So to recap, I spent over 41, spent 14 for shipping and was returned 35. So doing business with them cost me 20 dollars and I received nothing. Great deal, huh?

Original review: March 5, 2017

It has been about 8+ years and I am still irritated by this company. Here's my story. I purchase 4 struts/shocks for my car. Shipping was good, got my items in a timely manner. I open the package and see 2 shocks and 2 metal bars. Package says something like 17 lbs. I'm thinking, I'm no car guru but these metal bars don't look like any shock/strut I've ever seen. They were literally just that, a cylindrical bar, 2 of them. They were about 1 inch in diameter and weighed a lot. I call up the company and ask them what the bars are for and when I'll get the other 2 parts. The guy says he'll look up my order and says it's been shipped and he assures me I got everything because it was in a single shipment and the box has the correct weight for all 4 items. I said okay, the weight is about what 4 shocks/struts would weigh but there's only 2 in there. I argued and argued and they finally agreed to give me a refund for the 2 parts I didn't get.

About 4 months later I remember that my refund never came. I call back in, go through the whole ordeal of trying to find my order and explain and then they say "oh, your check hasn't been sent out yet, our finance dept. is behind but I spoke with them and it should be going out within the next 2 weeks". Fast forward, about 2 months later and I call back in. They say the check has been mailed just a week ago and I should get it any time soon. Fast forward about 1 year later and just for the heck of it, I inquire about my check or my parts and they look into it and say they can't do anything about it because my order was so long ago but my check is shown as refunded and deposited.

Clearly there was a purposeful scam because 1) These 2 bars had NO purpose. 2) The help desk was so quick to point out the weight on the package shows the parts were shipped. 3) The refund is via check when the order was purchased with a credit card. 4) The check never even came. 5) And the check that never came was shown as refunded and deposited.

You could explain away that maybe the bars were garbage and some lazy employee thought it was funny to just pack them in with my shipment and that the order was process incorrectly. Okay, could happen. But, combine that with the help desk's knowledge that my package weighed the appropriate amount so I should have gotten them. I've had a few missing items over the years and never has anyone said, "yep, weight is correct, you got it". Then it takes several calls to get a check refund sent to me when it should have been refunded to my debit card. Finally the "check" gets sent out but yet it never arrives and finally the check that I never got is shown as deposited. Sure, the company may not know if I'm lying and if I got the parts but the company certainly would know if they sent a check and if I never got it and never cashed it that it shouldn't be shown as deposited on their end.

Clearly they can't do this to every customer on every order but for it to even happen once is enough to make me know that it was intentional because I don't know about you but there is no way a check is going to show as deposited if it never was. Just not going to happen so clearly I was lied to and why would I be lied to? That manager had no reason to lie unless the check actually showed refunded and deposited but why would it be refunded and deposited if I NEVER got it. So clearly someone somewhere falsified information and made it look like I got my parts and got my money. Just too many "well it shows here you got your stuff" to be coincidental in my book.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

Every order I received was wrong parts or bad parts. I have 2 customers now for 3 weeks have had no car when repairs should have only taken 1 or 2 days because this company can't send me a quality part nor the right part. This place should not be allowed to do business. Product quality is the worst. Customer service is no better. I plan to file a complaint with the Michigan State Attorney and get this company banned from selling in Michigan. I received a bad water pump, valve cover gasket, timing chain tensioner, the wrong injectors for the same car 3 times. After calling and complaining 5 times the last time I demanded to speak with a supervisor thinking I could get some better answers and all he said was, "So what do you want me to do." I would not order so much as an oil filter from this company. It seems they are getting rejected parts and selling them as good quality...

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I've ordered from here before and got great service, thought I would try again, stupid me. Nothing but a hassle ordered 1 item and it's out of stock for 3-5 days. Fine email me and tell me, but everything was refunded so I start over again. Ordered on a Wednesday said be here on Saturday. Item never showed up now it will be here Thursday, could have probably got first item faster. I am done with Auto Parts Warehouse. One thing communicate with your customers and see what they want to do. Auto Parts Warehouse is a joke!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

Called Auto Parts Warehouse looking for a 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara intermediate exhaust pipe, was told they had the part in stock. We measured the part from the vehicle while they waited on the phone. We told them the part measured in diameter 2 and a quarter inches with flanges at each end. We received a pipe 4 inches in diameter not even close to what was requested with no flanges and about 12 inches short. We called immediately and we're given quite the run around saying that we had ordered the wrong part.

After being on the phone for about an hour and shuffled around from person to person they said they would send us an RMA in the mail. We never received it. We decided to keep the pipe they sent to us since we could use it for a different project that is to say a tractor exhaust. We were concerned about sending the pipe back for refund as reviews from the internet show that this company gives lots of excuses as we also experienced and does not refund after promising to do so. We would rather keep the pipe than have nothing at all. This company should not be in business. Please never, never, never order from this company if you do not want to be ripped off.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

This is my second purchase over the past 3 years and it has not increased one bit. The first time was bad and now the same. I purchased an item this past Sunday expecting it to be processed and shipped out by at least Tuesday, well I am at 4 calls and still not shipped and it's Wednesday. I have spent over a total of 4 hours on the phone and verification after verification and my order still has not been shipped and it will not be shipped until possibly tomorrow even though when I called in on Monday. I expressed that I was hoping that my order will get to me by Friday and the first person I spoke with guaranteed it would be shipped out no later than Wednesday.

Well so much for that. I just spoke with someone about 30 minutes ago and she told me that my order will not be processed and shipped before Thursday. Thanks Auto Parts Warehouse you won't be getting my business in the future. I should have paid the extra 10 bucks and gone with another vendor, at least I would have been dealt with more professionally and at least would have had my product before the long weekend.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE!! I had canceled an order placed with this company due to them not being able to ship out products in a timely manner at 8:30 am and received promptly received an e-mail back from them stating that the product had already shipped and couldn't be canceled. 2 hours later I received an e-mail from FedEx showing that they just sent in shipping information for the order and printed a label at 10:30 am, 2 hours after I had canceled the order.

I had to contact FedEx to cancel the order from shipping myself as Auto Parts Warehouse refused to do so. They still have fraudulent charges placed on my credit card and haven't removed them. This is a very dishonest company with absolutely horrendously bad customer service and shouldn't be allowed to have a business license or conduct business on the internet. Anyone thinking of purchasing anything from this company should read all of the bad reviews on the ConsumerAffairs website first! I WOULD HAVE GIVEN THEM 0 STARS BUT THIS SITE ONLY ALLOWS 1 STAR AS THE WORST RATING.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

Ordered a Holley Injection Kit on December 11th, 2016 for a Xmas gift. Used PayPal to pay for the order, money was taken from my account on December 11th. Received an email from autopartswarehouse.com on December 12th saying my order was on hold for credit card protection, I was given a number to call, which I did and was told my order was ready to ship. Didn't make sense since I paid with PayPal, not a credit card, and they already had my money.

After numerous chat sessions and phone calls to India, it is now January 3rd, 2017 and still no shipment from them. I have been told numerous times it was shipping and I was to receive it before Xmas, then I was to receive it before the New Year. I asked to speak to someone in USA several times, an agent in India took my number to have someone call me, but that has never happened. This company is a ripoff! I guess I have to take dispute this with PayPal to get my money refunded. Buyer beware. These people are thieves!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

Ordered a ac compressor kit for my Dodge - order was delayed for a week and when it did arrive it was incomplete and not even the right compressor. Initiated a refund and sent the part back but after a month I heard nothing. Called them and was told my refund was pending (lied too) and it was waiting for my bank. Another week goes by and I call again and this time I'm told I didn't send back all the parts. After weeks of calling and trying to work through this I again am told that my refund is pending my bank again (another lie). And now 6 months later I finally receive notice my refund is pending but it is for less than half of the amount which makes no sense as the dryer and o-ring kit list for far less than what they have deducted from my refund. Will never recommend this company or do business with again. Not only did it cost me extra money but extra time waiting for my truck to be fixed.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

Never... I repeat... NEVER buy anything from this terrible company. First I ordered a brake kit which was "guaranteed to fit" my car (according to their site). Surprise it doesn't fit. Called to order the right size, and only received disks, no pads. They can't get it right and customer service is a complete joke, and can't help but "send it again" ground shipping (7 days). They won't even expedite it. I've ordered two sets of brakes now, and still cannot replace my brakes. Awful awful awful.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

On Oct. 10 2015, I bought a pair of headlight assemblies. Last week I noticed a bunch of moisture in one of them. I called today about getting it replaced since it has been less than a year that I have had them installed. I talked to the warranty department and they said the warranty was up October 10th and there was nothing they could do. The lady told me that if I called the 15th they could help but not now (today is the 20th). She said it is "WAY" out of warranty now. (I don't know how 10 days constitutes "WAY" out of warranty. An extra 10 days past ordering and less than a year installed in the vehicle. They offered 10 dollars discount but I would have to buy the new part and pay shipping and then they would refund the $10 later. At this point I would rather buy a new headlight from another company instead of give them more money when they are NO help. Don't buy from these people. The parts are junk and their service is horrible.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

First of all when a customer orders an item, it's instantaneous that the company has the item on hand. Once an order is placed, customer receives an order confirmation within a few minutes not several hours. An email would then be pushed for shipping process and handling within 4-7hrs. 24hrs passed and still waiting. Then a final email with shipping and handling information within 8-24 hrs, ready to ship with estimated date of arrival. (Called, was told outsourced company searching for item/product. Take another 3-5 days.)

Secondly, a customer should not be emailed being told their credit card or debt card needs to be cleared or will not be charged until item ships. But to be told that alternative payments is priority charge immediately. This made me feel like my money was not good enough for the company. In this case my item was paid by debit card in which the transaction was successful meaning money was good!

Lastly, a customer should not be notified that item is being outsourced which will take 3-7 business days, then another 7-14 business days for arrival estimated time of arrival. Why advertise a product if the company does not have item(s) readily available. Or if the company must outsource the item, orders should be treated with respect and have no delayed transaction. A customer should not have to wait 28-48 hrs for status of item being picked. Then a few days to be told the item is being packaged for shipping and then a few more days to get item prepared for item to depart for shipping. Too much wait for an item that was charged for shipping and handling.

It's very understanding if the customer didn't have to pay for shipping and handling. If it was free shipping no complaints would be necessary. It's obviously clear that the item is in dire need and expected or anticipated the item to arrived on an estimated date. The company should never charge a customer for shipping and handling if item will take almost 2-3 weeks for processing.

I deeply regret ordering from this company! Anyone ordering from this company should take caution ordering from them. I do not recommend this company to anyone at all! Items and pricing are very luring but not worth the wait time especially if you have to pay shipping and handling. You are better off paying a little more with another company. At least you'll know you get your item on time. If you still continue to order from them, call the company first and ask about item on hand first and what will be estimated date of arrival. Don't get stuck without a part that will not come when you expect it. My Vehicle is currently stranded for a while till I get my part in 2-3 weeks. I'm left with having to worry about transportation now! Good luck to the next customer!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

I recently ordered brake rotors for my 2005 Toyota Solara and within days the hub started to rust to the point that it left orange marks in my driveway. I've been working on cars for over 40 years and never saw rotors rust this bad. Very poor quality. Their brake pads weren't any better. I ordered top quality pads but received inferior no name pads that lasted all of 5,000 miles! You get what you pay for. I changed these parts with high quality parts from my local auto parts store. They say you are getting high quality parts but you get junk! Better off spending extra $$$ and getting quality parts.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

I ordered two parts for a GMC pickup truck, and selected overnight shipping. I am in a small town in California on a firefighting assignment and need the parts immediately. I received confirmation of the order. Shortly after that I received two emails; one saying the order was processing, another saying it wouldn't be processed and was on hold. This second email asked for additional personal information, including a photocopy of my driver license or passport, copy of my credit card, copy of my billing statement, etc., and was directed to call a California phone number. This number in turn went to the Philippines. When I called the number, each time I asked where I was calling, the person on the other end hung up. Each person refused to answer my questions, and appeared to have a poor understanding of the English language. I was denied access to a supervisor.

I have never heard of such a thing. I order items online very frequently. This company, Auto Parts Warehouse, states that parts aren't shipped until receiving additional verification, by foreign call center. The email I received also stated that the company would only ship to the card's registered address, unless I supplied additional personal information and details. I demanded that the order be cancelled without charge. It remains to be seen if that happens. I consider this practice dishonest and deceitful at best, and it's cost me any chance I had of getting this part right away from some place else. By the time this deceit was discovered and addressed, it's late enough in the day, on a holiday weekend, that I can't get a part shipped. I'm attached to a very mobile wild land fire fighting operation in a busy fire season, and am not happy at all about the way Auto Parts Warehouse does business. Avoid them.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

I ordered an oil pan for my 74 c10 pickup, and when it came time to install it it did not fit, ie the bolt holes were completely off so according to your return policy I just tossed it. Now I'm trying to install the weather stripping for the doors I ordered and I am having to alter the door panels in order to make them work. This has got to be the worse parts supply outlet I have ever dealt with. I work on vehicles all the time and restoring my truck is an extended time-consuming endeavor. I order parts ahead of time expecting them to fit as factory parts do. It makes no sense that one should have throw a part out or alter the mounting surface to make a part fit. Just where the hell do you get your defective parts from. I promise you I will never ever order parts from you again. The weather strips for the doors are ill fitting as well. So much so that trying close the doors even after trying make adjustments is near impossible without slamming the doors.

Original review: July 23, 2016

Auto Parts Warehouse claim to be an American company (per the representative I spoke with). This so called American company totally operates out of the Philippines, VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE... Order a thermostat & water-pump online, 3 days later I was told the water-pump wasn't in stock and they will help me find a different one that fits my car. I clearly explained that I wanted to cancel the entire order because time was of the essence and I already lost 3 days. I verified that the order was cancelled including the thermostat.

They shipped the thermostat anyway and took the money out my account for the water-pump anyway. I called and they give me the runaround, spoke to 6 different individuals in the Philippines & NONE was able to help me. They want me to return the thermostat before my money is refunded and I have to wait 3 more days for the money they charged for the water-pump which I never receive to be refunded to my bank, no one cared to help or understand the inconvenience they caused. They were rude and so-called manager of the operation can barely understand English. THIS PLACE SUCK!!! STAY AWAY...

I was desperate to get my car fixed so I asked that they they talk with my bank and get the funds released or next day air an equivalent water-pump. They told me "Sorry Sir for your inconvenience, when you return the part we will refund the $$ for the thermostat and you will have to wait 3 day and the $$ for the water-pump will be back in your account" and then hangup the phone. Totally screwed me!!! RIP OFF.

Original review: June 17, 2016

I guess it's hard to tell the difference between a mirror and a spring. I ordered a $55 mirror for my van. They sent me a $12 spring. Not only can you not get someone in America to speak to, but of course I have to wait until after I return the wrong part to get my refund. What a scam. I'll never order from them again.

Original review: June 5, 2016

Definitely a buyer beware company. I ordered a part using their part finder "guaranteed to fit your vehicle." They sent me the wrong part, but I didn't realize until after the 30 days had passed. They refused to exchange it for the correct part. I was willing to pay return shipping, whatever -- just didn't want to be stuck with the wrong part. Will definitely shop locally from now on.

Original review: May 30, 2016

Entered 2 items in the shopping basket and wanted to pay. Entered the special code received via e-mail (END0529) which prompted the basket to be emptied. Tried again and again the basket was empty after entering the code. Called the company and upon check out gave the code. Person stated that he had to check with the supervisor and upon return I was told that the items were not covered by the code. Asked for a supervisor and was promptly disconnected.

Called back again and after some waiting talked to a supervisor who entered the items once again. He told me the same thing that the items were not covered under the promotion. We went through the ad and found out that basically ALL manufacturers are not covered by the 20% promotion under END0529. This has to be considered consumer fraud and false advertisement. One goes through the ordering process to find out that basically none of the items ordered will provide a 20% discount as advertised. I will not try to buy from these folks again.

Auto Parts Warehouse Company Information