Auto Parts Warehouse

Compare Auto and Truck Accessories

Research top Auto and Truck Accessories recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

It has been about 8+ years and I am still irritated by this company. Here's my story. I purchase 4 struts/shocks for my car. Shipping was good, got my items in a timely manner. I open the package and see 2 shocks and 2 metal bars. Package says something like 17 lbs. I'm thinking, I'm no car guru but these metal bars don't look like any shock/strut I've ever seen. They were literally just that, a cylindrical bar, 2 of them. They were about 1 inch in diameter and weighed a lot. I call up the company and ask them what the bars are for and when I'll get the other 2 parts. The guy says he'll look up my order and says it's been shipped and he assures me I got everything because it was in a single shipment and the box has the correct weight for all 4 items. I said okay, the weight is about what 4 shocks/struts would weigh but there's only 2 in there. I argued and argued and they finally agreed to give me a refund for the 2 parts I didn't get.

About 4 months later I remember that my refund never came. I call back in, go through the whole ordeal of trying to find my order and explain and then they say "oh, your check hasn't been sent out yet, our finance dept. is behind but I spoke with them and it should be going out within the next 2 weeks". Fast forward, about 2 months later and I call back in. They say the check has been mailed just a week ago and I should get it any time soon. Fast forward about 1 year later and just for the heck of it, I inquire about my check or my parts and they look into it and say they can't do anything about it because my order was so long ago but my check is shown as refunded and deposited.

Clearly there was a purposeful scam because 1) These 2 bars had NO purpose. 2) The help desk was so quick to point out the weight on the package shows the parts were shipped. 3) The refund is via check when the order was purchased with a credit card. 4) The check never even came. 5) And the check that never came was shown as refunded and deposited.

You could explain away that maybe the bars were garbage and some lazy employee thought it was funny to just pack them in with my shipment and that the order was process incorrectly. Okay, could happen. But, combine that with the help desk's knowledge that my package weighed the appropriate amount so I should have gotten them. I've had a few missing items over the years and never has anyone said, "yep, weight is correct, you got it". Then it takes several calls to get a check refund sent to me when it should have been refunded to my debit card. Finally the "check" gets sent out but yet it never arrives and finally the check that I never got is shown as deposited. Sure, the company may not know if I'm lying and if I got the parts but the company certainly would know if they sent a check and if I never got it and never cashed it that it shouldn't be shown as deposited on their end.

Clearly they can't do this to every customer on every order but for it to even happen once is enough to make me know that it was intentional because I don't know about you but there is no way a check is going to show as deposited if it never was. Just not going to happen so clearly I was lied to and why would I be lied to? That manager had no reason to lie unless the check actually showed refunded and deposited but why would it be refunded and deposited if I NEVER got it. So clearly someone somewhere falsified information and made it look like I got my parts and got my money. Just too many "well it shows here you got your stuff" to be coincidental in my book.

Every order I received was wrong parts or bad parts. I have 2 customers now for 3 weeks have had no car when repairs should have only taken 1 or 2 days because this company can't send me a quality part nor the right part. This place should not be allowed to do business. Product quality is the worst. Customer service is no better. I plan to file a complaint with the Michigan State Attorney and get this company banned from selling in Michigan. I received a bad water pump, valve cover gasket, timing chain tensioner, the wrong injectors for the same car 3 times. After calling and complaining 5 times the last time I demanded to speak with a supervisor thinking I could get some better answers and all he said was, "So what do you want me to do." I would not order so much as an oil filter from this company. It seems they are getting rejected parts and selling them as good quality...

I've ordered from here before and got great service, thought I would try again, stupid me. Nothing but a hassle ordered 1 item and it's out of stock for 3-5 days. Fine email me and tell me, but everything was refunded so I start over again. Ordered on a Wednesday said be here on Saturday. Item never showed up now it will be here Thursday, could have probably got first item faster. I am done with Auto Parts Warehouse. One thing communicate with your customers and see what they want to do. Auto Parts Warehouse is a joke!!!

Called Auto Parts Warehouse looking for a 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara intermediate exhaust pipe, was told they had the part in stock. We measured the part from the vehicle while they waited on the phone. We told them the part measured in diameter 2 and a quarter inches with flanges at each end. We received a pipe 4 inches in diameter not even close to what was requested with no flanges and about 12 inches short. We called immediately and we're given quite the run around saying that we had ordered the wrong part.

After being on the phone for about an hour and shuffled around from person to person they said they would send us an RMA in the mail. We never received it. We decided to keep the pipe they sent to us since we could use it for a different project that is to say a tractor exhaust. We were concerned about sending the pipe back for refund as reviews from the internet show that this company gives lots of excuses as we also experienced and does not refund after promising to do so. We would rather keep the pipe than have nothing at all. This company should not be in business. Please never, never, never order from this company if you do not want to be ripped off.

This is my second purchase over the past 3 years and it has not increased one bit. The first time was bad and now the same. I purchased an item this past Sunday expecting it to be processed and shipped out by at least Tuesday, well I am at 4 calls and still not shipped and it's Wednesday. I have spent over a total of 4 hours on the phone and verification after verification and my order still has not been shipped and it will not be shipped until possibly tomorrow even though when I called in on Monday. I expressed that I was hoping that my order will get to me by Friday and the first person I spoke with guaranteed it would be shipped out no later than Wednesday.

Well so much for that. I just spoke with someone about 30 minutes ago and she told me that my order will not be processed and shipped before Thursday. Thanks Auto Parts Warehouse you won't be getting my business in the future. I should have paid the extra 10 bucks and gone with another vendor, at least I would have been dealt with more professionally and at least would have had my product before the long weekend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Auto Parts Warehouse?

AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE!! I had canceled an order placed with this company due to them not being able to ship out products in a timely manner at 8:30 am and received promptly received an e-mail back from them stating that the product had already shipped and couldn't be canceled. 2 hours later I received an e-mail from FedEx showing that they just sent in shipping information for the order and printed a label at 10:30 am, 2 hours after I had canceled the order.

I had to contact FedEx to cancel the order from shipping myself as Auto Parts Warehouse refused to do so. They still have fraudulent charges placed on my credit card and haven't removed them. This is a very dishonest company with absolutely horrendously bad customer service and shouldn't be allowed to have a business license or conduct business on the internet. Anyone thinking of purchasing anything from this company should read all of the bad reviews on the ConsumerAffairs website first! I WOULD HAVE GIVEN THEM 0 STARS BUT THIS SITE ONLY ALLOWS 1 STAR AS THE WORST RATING.

Ordered a Holley Injection Kit on December 11th, 2016 for a Xmas gift. Used PayPal to pay for the order, money was taken from my account on December 11th. Received an email from autopartswarehouse.com on December 12th saying my order was on hold for credit card protection, I was given a number to call, which I did and was told my order was ready to ship. Didn't make sense since I paid with PayPal, not a credit card, and they already had my money.

After numerous chat sessions and phone calls to India, it is now January 3rd, 2017 and still no shipment from them. I have been told numerous times it was shipping and I was to receive it before Xmas, then I was to receive it before the New Year. I asked to speak to someone in USA several times, an agent in India took my number to have someone call me, but that has never happened. This company is a ripoff! I guess I have to take dispute this with PayPal to get my money refunded. Buyer beware. These people are thieves!

Ordered a ac compressor kit for my Dodge - order was delayed for a week and when it did arrive it was incomplete and not even the right compressor. Initiated a refund and sent the part back but after a month I heard nothing. Called them and was told my refund was pending (lied too) and it was waiting for my bank. Another week goes by and I call again and this time I'm told I didn't send back all the parts. After weeks of calling and trying to work through this I again am told that my refund is pending my bank again (another lie). And now 6 months later I finally receive notice my refund is pending but it is for less than half of the amount which makes no sense as the dryer and o-ring kit list for far less than what they have deducted from my refund. Will never recommend this company or do business with again. Not only did it cost me extra money but extra time waiting for my truck to be fixed.

Never... I repeat... NEVER buy anything from this terrible company. First I ordered a brake kit which was "guaranteed to fit" my car (according to their site). Surprise it doesn't fit. Called to order the right size, and only received disks, no pads. They can't get it right and customer service is a complete joke, and can't help but "send it again" ground shipping (7 days). They won't even expedite it. I've ordered two sets of brakes now, and still cannot replace my brakes. Awful awful awful.

On Oct. 10 2015, I bought a pair of headlight assemblies. Last week I noticed a bunch of moisture in one of them. I called today about getting it replaced since it has been less than a year that I have had them installed. I talked to the warranty department and they said the warranty was up October 10th and there was nothing they could do. The lady told me that if I called the 15th they could help but not now (today is the 20th). She said it is "WAY" out of warranty now. (I don't know how 10 days constitutes "WAY" out of warranty. An extra 10 days past ordering and less than a year installed in the vehicle. They offered 10 dollars discount but I would have to buy the new part and pay shipping and then they would refund the $10 later. At this point I would rather buy a new headlight from another company instead of give them more money when they are NO help. Don't buy from these people. The parts are junk and their service is horrible.

First of all when a customer orders an item, it's instantaneous that the company has the item on hand. Once an order is placed, customer receives an order confirmation within a few minutes not several hours. An email would then be pushed for shipping process and handling within 4-7hrs. 24hrs passed and still waiting. Then a final email with shipping and handling information within 8-24 hrs, ready to ship with estimated date of arrival. (Called, was told outsourced company searching for item/product. Take another 3-5 days.)

Secondly, a customer should not be emailed being told their credit card or debt card needs to be cleared or will not be charged until item ships. But to be told that alternative payments is priority charge immediately. This made me feel like my money was not good enough for the company. In this case my item was paid by debit card in which the transaction was successful meaning money was good!

Lastly, a customer should not be notified that item is being outsourced which will take 3-7 business days, then another 7-14 business days for arrival estimated time of arrival. Why advertise a product if the company does not have item(s) readily available. Or if the company must outsource the item, orders should be treated with respect and have no delayed transaction. A customer should not have to wait 28-48 hrs for status of item being picked. Then a few days to be told the item is being packaged for shipping and then a few more days to get item prepared for item to depart for shipping. Too much wait for an item that was charged for shipping and handling.

It's very understanding if the customer didn't have to pay for shipping and handling. If it was free shipping no complaints would be necessary. It's obviously clear that the item is in dire need and expected or anticipated the item to arrived on an estimated date. The company should never charge a customer for shipping and handling if item will take almost 2-3 weeks for processing.

I deeply regret ordering from this company! Anyone ordering from this company should take caution ordering from them. I do not recommend this company to anyone at all! Items and pricing are very luring but not worth the wait time especially if you have to pay shipping and handling. You are better off paying a little more with another company. At least you'll know you get your item on time. If you still continue to order from them, call the company first and ask about item on hand first and what will be estimated date of arrival. Don't get stuck without a part that will not come when you expect it. My Vehicle is currently stranded for a while till I get my part in 2-3 weeks. I'm left with having to worry about transportation now! Good luck to the next customer!

I recently ordered brake rotors for my 2005 Toyota Solara and within days the hub started to rust to the point that it left orange marks in my driveway. I've been working on cars for over 40 years and never saw rotors rust this bad. Very poor quality. Their brake pads weren't any better. I ordered top quality pads but received inferior no name pads that lasted all of 5,000 miles! You get what you pay for. I changed these parts with high quality parts from my local auto parts store. They say you are getting high quality parts but you get junk! Better off spending extra $$$ and getting quality parts.

I ordered two parts for a GMC pickup truck, and selected overnight shipping. I am in a small town in California on a firefighting assignment and need the parts immediately. I received confirmation of the order. Shortly after that I received two emails; one saying the order was processing, another saying it wouldn't be processed and was on hold. This second email asked for additional personal information, including a photocopy of my driver license or passport, copy of my credit card, copy of my billing statement, etc., and was directed to call a California phone number. This number in turn went to the Philippines. When I called the number, each time I asked where I was calling, the person on the other end hung up. Each person refused to answer my questions, and appeared to have a poor understanding of the English language. I was denied access to a supervisor.

I have never heard of such a thing. I order items online very frequently. This company, Auto Parts Warehouse, states that parts aren't shipped until receiving additional verification, by foreign call center. The email I received also stated that the company would only ship to the card's registered address, unless I supplied additional personal information and details. I demanded that the order be cancelled without charge. It remains to be seen if that happens. I consider this practice dishonest and deceitful at best, and it's cost me any chance I had of getting this part right away from some place else. By the time this deceit was discovered and addressed, it's late enough in the day, on a holiday weekend, that I can't get a part shipped. I'm attached to a very mobile wild land fire fighting operation in a busy fire season, and am not happy at all about the way Auto Parts Warehouse does business. Avoid them.

I ordered an oil pan for my 74 c10 pickup, and when it came time to install it it did not fit, ie the bolt holes were completely off so according to your return policy I just tossed it. Now I'm trying to install the weather stripping for the doors I ordered and I am having to alter the door panels in order to make them work. This has got to be the worse parts supply outlet I have ever dealt with. I work on vehicles all the time and restoring my truck is an extended time-consuming endeavor. I order parts ahead of time expecting them to fit as factory parts do. It makes no sense that one should have throw a part out or alter the mounting surface to make a part fit. Just where the hell do you get your defective parts from. I promise you I will never ever order parts from you again. The weather strips for the doors are ill fitting as well. So much so that trying close the doors even after trying make adjustments is near impossible without slamming the doors.

Auto Parts Warehouse claim to be an American company (per the representative I spoke with). This so called American company totally operates out of the Philippines, VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE... Order a thermostat & water-pump online, 3 days later I was told the water-pump wasn't in stock and they will help me find a different one that fits my car. I clearly explained that I wanted to cancel the entire order because time was of the essence and I already lost 3 days. I verified that the order was cancelled including the thermostat.

They shipped the thermostat anyway and took the money out my account for the water-pump anyway. I called and they give me the runaround, spoke to 6 different individuals in the Philippines & NONE was able to help me. They want me to return the thermostat before my money is refunded and I have to wait 3 more days for the money they charged for the water-pump which I never receive to be refunded to my bank, no one cared to help or understand the inconvenience they caused. They were rude and so-called manager of the operation can barely understand English. THIS PLACE SUCK!!! STAY AWAY...

I was desperate to get my car fixed so I asked that they they talk with my bank and get the funds released or next day air an equivalent water-pump. They told me "Sorry Sir for your inconvenience, when you return the part we will refund the $$ for the thermostat and you will have to wait 3 day and the $$ for the water-pump will be back in your account" and then hangup the phone. Totally screwed me!!! RIP OFF.

I guess it's hard to tell the difference between a mirror and a spring. I ordered a $55 mirror for my van. They sent me a $12 spring. Not only can you not get someone in America to speak to, but of course I have to wait until after I return the wrong part to get my refund. What a scam. I'll never order from them again.

Definitely a buyer beware company. I ordered a part using their part finder "guaranteed to fit your vehicle." They sent me the wrong part, but I didn't realize until after the 30 days had passed. They refused to exchange it for the correct part. I was willing to pay return shipping, whatever -- just didn't want to be stuck with the wrong part. Will definitely shop locally from now on.

Entered 2 items in the shopping basket and wanted to pay. Entered the special code received via e-mail (END0529) which prompted the basket to be emptied. Tried again and again the basket was empty after entering the code. Called the company and upon check out gave the code. Person stated that he had to check with the supervisor and upon return I was told that the items were not covered by the code. Asked for a supervisor and was promptly disconnected.

Called back again and after some waiting talked to a supervisor who entered the items once again. He told me the same thing that the items were not covered under the promotion. We went through the ad and found out that basically ALL manufacturers are not covered by the 20% promotion under END0529. This has to be considered consumer fraud and false advertisement. One goes through the ordering process to find out that basically none of the items ordered will provide a 20% discount as advertised. I will not try to buy from these folks again.

I bought a 4 wheel brake kit for my wife's 2012 Toyota RAV4 sport. I specified it was NOT a 3rd row seating option. What did they send me? The WRONG PART... Oh wait, there's more. I called for a replacement and they WOULD NOT provide an RMA/shipping slip to get it from my home to the auto part's plant (Power Stop in Chicago). As such, I'm stuck with product I cannot use.

I ordered a part from AutoPartsWarehouse that I needed next day and paid for overnight shipping. I was assured that the part would be shipped out same day. Due to procrastination and incompetence from them this part has yet to be shipped two days after. Customer Service cannot tell you if or when it will ship. This business is extremely nice and helpful when ordering a part but when the back office takes over the professionalism is gone. I spent over two hours on the phone with them and had minimum help. The first two employees would not transfer my call to a supervisor nor will they give you an email to file a complaint. Please do not go through the same mistake I did, if a part is needed overnight, by using this business. This business is also owned by US Autoparts and it is impossible to get a member of management to contact a client.

I needed a new window regulator for my Beetle and after shopping around I found that Auto Parts Warehouse had the cheapest around. My mechanic also recommended getting a window motor in case mine was shot. I placed my order before reading all the horrible reviews online. I was really really worried. After placing the order I checked my bank account and it appeared that I had been charged twice. I was livid. But I called customer service and they kindly explained to me that since the parts were coming from different places they had to do the charges a certain way and that after a little time one of the charges would drop off. I called my bank and they told me the same thing. About a day later one of the charges dropped off.

Then I had my mechanic fix my window and it turned out that I didn't need a new motor. I considered selling my motor on eBay because I was worried about dealing with Auto Parts Warehouse because of the negative reviews. But I sent back the part with a tracking number and the company was wonderful! They contacted me immediately and stayed in contact during the whole process. Today the refund was posted on my bank account and I am so happy that they made the return so easy and that I didn't have to use eBay. I know there are a lot of negative reviews about this company, but for me they were excellent. Hopefully you get the same service that I got with Auto Parts Warehouse. Good luck!

I bought a drive belt that was recommended by their website. When it arrived and I tried it, it didn't fit my car. I researched further and found out their website suggested the wrong length for the driving belt. I tried to return the drive belt and it took them one hour to accept and process a return. They kept going around and around my complaint until they accepted processing the return. Their parts and selection are not better than a local store, and their service is horrible.

Ordered part for 2012 VW. They sent part for 2011 VW. Now they say I have to pay the return shipping. Unacceptable. Beware buying from these jerks. Go elsewhere or waste your money. I hate Autopartswarehouse.

This is the biggest joke. They have terrible parts and customer service. They lied to me for months saying my part is on back order and it will ship out soon. Well it never did and now the warranty is up on my 3rd party from them. They lie just to screw you out of your time and money and the best thing I can recommend is never order from here. Ever...

I order a parts for my 2000 Audi a6 and I found this place as they advertise a OEM parts direct fit and the price wasn't too bad. I place the order with them and order two catalytic converters and clamps. At first everything was looking good. I did received the clamps in three days and I thought this was going to be good. I spoke too soon because I place my order in 02/15/2016 and today is 03/13/2016 one month later and I haven't receive my parts. Not only that - they keep telling me that they are working on it and still no parts yet. The day I made the purchase they told me it was going to be like the ad said 2 to 3 business days for shipping. As they promise me that they will deliver the catalytic converters on time I have my mechanic start working on it and now I don't have my own car to drive around and I have to be paying for rental to go to work and I have to pay my mechanic for storage on my car.

It should be something to make this kind of business to close or at least to change all the advertise they do and erase all the lies of it. This is my first and last time I will get parts from this company. I hope this will help others to not to buy any parts from this website or phone sale because they will have no problem taken your money and let you waiting for your parts like they did to me. I'm going to try to get my money back and I hope this will be not a problem - other way I will be posting one more review about it.

I recently replaced a leaking power steering pump on my 2001 Ford F150. The pump sent was a refurbished pump and was faulty - they had put bondo on the shaft end and painted it black. This would have failed within hours of being installed. It fell while being installed and the bondo seal broke. They charged $48 for a core fee. Because I waited more than 60 days to send back the "core" they refused to honor the core charge. I have been unable to find this policy they allude to. Run from this vendor, run very fast. There are hardworking local dealers who will do you better, treat you better than this group of pirates.

I purchased a part which broke after 7 months and they replaced it. The replacement part also broke after 6 months and I called and was told to call back on Monday to get a refund. When I called back, they refused to honor the refund, said they had no record of my calling and said that they would not issue a refund since I had gotten a total of more than 12 months of use out of the two parts. The supervisor proceeded to tell me that it appeared that I was trying to take advantage of their warranty system by ordering more than one part, but they wouldn't accept a return of the broken part as evidence.

I told them I was greatly offended since I had been a customer of theirs for years and they should stand behind their parts, but instead accused me of lying and cheating them. I called back to complain about the awful customer service and was told that the person I had spoken with was a supervisor and there was no one else to complain to. The part was only worth $14, I told them it was the principle that was bothering me, not the money. As a business owner myself, I cannot imagine treating a client that way! Each part was supposed to have a one year replacement. Awful company that does not care about ripping people off. Do yourself a favor and find a different company to work with.

I cancelled an order on Dec. 30, 2015 and was informed that I would receive a refund in 2-7 days. Since January 4th I've been calling inquiring why I haven't received my refund and it's the same runaround. One agent said that they was sending an email to authorize the release, one said they had to call me back cause they had to read the notes on the case to find out why it hasn't occurred and they always want to send a survey on their customer service. Really?! Do not use this company unless you like giving your money away, cause you won't get a refund.

I had purchased this part a month prior and right off the bat it didn't work. Little did I know I had a defective part. So I took it into the shop and they checked everything only to come back and tell me the new distributor I put in was defective. It is my own fault for not doing my research on this website. Because if I did I would have read about all of the terrible parts they sell. Never again! The customer service lady tried very hard to give me good service it was just hard to understand her as she had a moderate accent. All in all after a defective part on their side I still have to pay shipping to return the item. LOL. Please save yourself the burden and go somewhere else.

I ordered products 2 times from this site, both times this peoples cheating. One of the worst customer service I ever seen. What ever I say I have proof. I don't like to talk about this too much.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Auto Parts Warehouse, founded in 1995 and based in Carson, California, is an online distributor of automobile parts and accessories. They offer a broad product selection and flexible payment options.

• Product selection: Auto Parts Warehouse offers over half a million automobile parts and accessories in a variety of product categories including bumpers, fenders, grilles, hoods, mirrors, auto body styling, emblems and much more.
  • Price matching: Auto Parts Warehouse aims to offer its products at the lowest prices. Many of its products are up to 70% off retail prices, but if you find any product advertised for a cheaper price by a competitor, Auto Parts Warehouse will match or beat the price. Simply fill out a Price Match Quote form on the website.
  • Flexible payment plans: In addition to standard payment methods like all major credit cards, Paypal, Google Checkout, check, money order and wire transfer, qualified customers can apply for Bill Me Later, also known as Paypal Credit. This payment method allows customers to make a purchase without a credit card. You’ll have six months to pay your bill in full before you begin to accrue interest.
  • Extended warranty options: All purchases are covered by a limited 90-day warranty for product defects, plus any additional manufacturer warranties that might be available. You can purchase extended warranty plans on certain items to offer more peace of mind.
  • Orders over $50 ship free: Most orders over $50 qualify for free USPS ground shipping in the contiguous United States. Some items like performance parts or oversized packages have to be shipped via FedEx or freight and don’t qualify for free shipping.
  • Best for experienced auto parts buyers and customers who want a large selection of accessory and modification options.

Compare Auto and Truck Accessories