Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.98/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Auto Crane

Auto Crane engineers, designs, and manufactures an extensive line of truck-mounted electric and hydraulic cranes, crane bodies, and other accessories. Our products are recognized worldwide and serve in multiple industries, from mining and construction to the railroad industry. Auto Crane is an industry leader and our main focus is to serve our customers with products that serve a meaningful benefit. Contact us today to learn more about our products.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

46 Auto Crane Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

In early 2016 we were in the market to build a service truck for our construction company. After long research we decided on Doering Equipment and Auto Crane. We put together a new Dodge 5500 with a new Auto Crane body that was in stock at Doering Equipment. Project moved forward and we finally took delivery in late 2016 (Nov/Dec). Very happy with the finish product...until late 2017/early 2018. Rust bleed through in many areas where the outer skin/sheet of the body meets the framework.

On May 14th 2018 I contacted Doug Doering at Doering equipment with my concerns. It has been nothing less than a dog and pony show since. I submitted pictures to them with proof of our concerns and have emailed back and forth with NO results. There are areas of the truck that were part of their construction that have also deteriorated as well and are just as disappointing. At their request I visited a few local shops in our area to see about repairing the issues on their work but nothing on the Auto Crane portion. I have been unable to find a shop around here interested in addressing their issues. I have asked Dean directly if Auto Crane is aware of our situation but I receive NO answer.

We are extremely disappointed with Doering Equipment and their choice to not address their issues or the issues with the Auto Crane body. We spent many hours researching bodies and options available and made what we thought was a good decision by going with Doering Equipment and Auto Crane but unfortunately at this point feel we made a bad decision and are very dissatisfied with both Doering and Auto Crane. We have approx 20 Chevrolet 3500 series vehicles equipped with Knapheide, Reading and Stahl bodies. I can say with complete honesty that not one of those trucks showed the deterioration/rust while being less than two years old as our Dodge 5500/Auto Crane unit has. Please let me know your thoughts when you can.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I need to have information about the remote of the following Crane: Model: 8406H. S/N: 8406H-0212-016. Receiver: MHR Part number: 195-50422 Project: 09-072. Magnetek. I received a remote that not work with the receiver. Could you look at it?

Auto Crane response

Andre' — sorry to hear you are having trouble with your remote. If you contact us directly, we can assist you on getting things fixed up. contact us 800-777-2760

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2018

HC8x - I have had Multiple service truck with crane and by far the Auto Crane utility body crane combo is one of the best product on the market. The Technology in the crane make operation a lot easier and safer for the user. The service body is extremely durable watertight with ample storage. Auto Crane customer support is top notch. I can’t wait Until the HC10x is Release so that I can build a larger service truck with the best crane and body technology on the market.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

We've been a dealer for Auto Crane for a long time and they've had a couple of changes with personnel over the years. There was a sales rep we had for quite some time but we have a new guy now, Willie, and he's really good. Auto Crane provides us cranes and, primarily, we've been selling the parts and service. We have purchased a lot of cranes over the years but not as much anymore because of the recession here. Also, we have had all kinds of opportunities dealing with competitive products but we made a decision long ago that we would stick by Auto Crane. We've always been satisfied with the product line and the service that we get from them.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I've been distributing Auto Crane’s product for 25 years. They have improved the product over recent years. It was a good product then they went down for a while, and then it came back. It's a good product right now. But my interaction with their sales rep has been middling and they need to improve their communication and response.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Auto Crane?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We have been using Auto Crane for six years now and we work with the dealers where we got the 3-ton cranes from. Although the crane itself was okay, we had a lot of rust problem on the bodies of the first Auto Cranes we bought, especially in the islands where we get a lot of salt air. The body didn't hold up well and we had a lot of water leakage problem from where the crane mounts to the body, so it would flood and the floor would rot away. We had to do bodywork in the cabinet. The last go around, we ended up with an IMT crane and and we still have several Auto Cranes in a freight but we would still consider them if the need arises.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

We were a full Auto Crane dealer for a number of years. We purchased the cranes from the company and installed them on our customers' equipment. I didn’t have any problem with the product and anytime I needed some help or when I had issues, their customer service gave me some support. They had a few discrepancies as far as their design went, but they were working at it. Auto Crane was a good company overall.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

We’ve been dealing with Auto Crane for a number of years for cranes to crane parts. The communication with their sales reps was good as far as getting something quoted. I emailed them most of the time and they responded in a reasonable time. They told me if the parts were in stock or not. So, if I ordered something, I kept the PO once they gave me a confirmation. But the shipping and the parts are substandard. The service and turnaround are very slow and it is hard to get parts. I had to follow up to find out that they didn’t ship anything. They told me the part wasn’t in stock after all and it was going to be in three months. Buying parts from them is not a favorable thing for me.

Last week, I ordered a pump and motor. They said they had it in stock and I waited three days. I called them back and they told me that my order would not be shipped for two weeks. I didn’t like the way that they used the service queues. If somebody set up that responds in an email fairly quickly, that’s usually the person I will use and contact all the time but it’s random. They go to these service queues now, so I may not hear an answer for another 24 hours. Expediting an order is like pulling teeth. The part gets shipped on the same schedule as regular parts order and I have to pay more money.

I’m very dissatisfied with my experience. I buy a lot of crane parts and my biggest issue is trying to order the parts in a timely fashion. Communication is the next issue. I’d rather have the shipping, communication, and turnaround so that it’s 24 hours. I’d like to get that fixed so that I can continue to buy parts on a regular basis. And if they shipped me something wrong, they wanted me to jump through hoops and measure everything when it was their responsibility to tell me that. They could have told me that they went back and checked on the factory floor and that they shipped the wrong parts. Auto Crane wouldn’t be my first choice unless they get their act cleaned up. Their product is fairly decent but their service sucks.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

35 years ago, I worked for a company that used Auto Crane. We had some problems with them and we moved on to some different types of cranes and just never went back to them. It’s been over 10 years since I’ve had an Auto Crane. The last one we bought was from Tebco.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

We're a vendor company and as far as my other vendors go, Auto Crane does a great job. We've dealt with their hydraulic cranes before but we normally deal with their electric cranes. I call Auto Crane and talk to one of the parts guys, but sometimes, I’ll just send POs in through email. Their customer service is good and my experience with them has been great.

Auto Crane Company Information