4.20/5
  • 1 star
Based on 20 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Auto Crane engineers, designs, and manufactures an extensive line of truck-mounted electric and hydraulic cranes, crane bodies, and other accessories. Our products are recognized worldwide and serve in multiple industries, from mining and construction to the railroad industry. Auto Crane is an industry leader and our main focus is to serve our customers with products that serve a meaningful benefit. Contact us today to learn more about our products.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 14, 2017

20 Auto Crane Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Having a very difficult time finding parts and service in the Kansas City area. I've been in communication with Knapheide for over a month and they still don't even have the parts in to repair our auto crane. Just found Truck Utilities and left service a voicemail, we will see if truly a Auto Crane dealer and service center!!!

Auto Crane response

Thanks for the review, Kenneth - we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your Auto Crane experience. We apologize that you had a negative experience - this isn't typical of receiving parts/service from Auto Crane and its dealer network. Please reach out to our parts/technical support at 800-777-2760 so we can get you taken care of.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Your Legacy Manual section is inadequate. Many customers have older cranes and models not listed on your web site. Prior to conversion, though the manuals were inaccurate, the legacy section provided a basis for direction and information.

Auto Crane response

Thanks for the review, Stew - we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your Auto Crane experience. We apologize that you had a negative experience - our website is currently being updated and the legacy manuals section is a section that is being completed as quickly as possible with accurate information. In the meantime, please reach out to our parts/technical support at 800-777-2760

Original review: July 4, 2017

I work for a Caterpillar dealer and we purchase Auto Crane bodies for our service trucks. The sales representative was outstanding and superior to any of our vendors. Tyler would go out of his way to make sure that we understood exactly what kind of product offerings that they have. He's right there with anything that he can help us with.

Original review: March 3, 2017

We became a dealer for Auto Crane about 30 years ago. The sales rep was fantastic and they provide us with their cranes and parts and knowledge to help us out when we have an issue. They're a great bunch of people to work with.

Auto Crane response

Thanks for your loyalty, Rodney - it's one heck of journey and we plan to continue to provide you with fantastic services, outstanding product and the innovation to grow your business.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

I've been in this industry for almost 30 years now. Recently, Auto Crane provided me cranes and bodies. Their rep Dwayne was very knowledgeable and he was with them from the very beginning.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Auto Crane?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

We purchased our second Auto Crane. Body, it's clean smooth body Design, Internal Protected door hinges, dual outriggers on the titan 60 body wide 30" bump. I also Todd ** meet me at the dealer and install the Nexstar 3 remote. All the component work awesome together as a unit. The Nexstar 3 remote is incredible easy to handle, easy to maneuver, and have any LED screen on the remote with all the pertinent information you should have when you're running the crane is incredible. When it comes time to purchase my next service truck it's absolutely going to be an Auto Crane.

Auto Crane response

Thanks for the review, Dave - we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your Auto Crane experience. Auto Crane is literally the first name in service cranes. We invented the very first mobile field service crane, launching an entirely new industry. It’s in our DNA to keep pioneering one big idea after another — the NexStar III is just another example of that. If you need ANYTHING at all, please reach out to Todd and the team.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I heard about Auto Crane at work. I placed my reservation with them online and their website is good.

Auto Crane response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review David — if you need anything at all, please reach out to our sales team at acsales@autocrane.com or call into our customer service support line at (844) 899-6940

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

The company I worked for became a dealer for Auto Crane which was the premier crane supplier at the time. Early on, interactions weren't great, but when the company was sold they become very customer focused to the dealers and the end users, so the experience was good. If you were looking at other products, there were inferior products that were cheaper coming out from other countries. But Auto Crane's price point was fair and competitive for the product. The quality was always good too. The only complaint I had was sometimes they were a little shortsighted with the dealers. They got multiple dealers trying to quote the same job three different ways which drove the price down.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I have been dealing with Auto Crane for 30 something years. Michael and Christy are very prompt at getting with us on what we need to us. We have sold and stocked some Titan bodies and they are a superior body to others on the market. We stock 2 or 3 different size cranes and sale quite a few of them. Auto Crane makes a good product. We wish you could come up with a conversion from the hard wired crane to the FM crane that was more of a retro friendly modification on the 3203 and 4000 size cranes. We have some customers that purchase another brand because of the convenience of being able to use the crane with or without the FM in case of failure in the FM.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

We've been a dealer of Auto Crane for many years, and they've kept changing their sales reps constantly. They furnish us cranes for 20 years and we've got them entrenched in our market area.

Auto Crane response

Thanks for leaving us a review, Clint — and thank you for taking the journey with us for the past 20 years. We truly value our dealers (especially our more tenured ones, like yourself). We're sorry to hear that the sales rep turn-over may be causing some slowdowns with your business/market, but we have every confidence in Nick Underwood and his ability to get you everything you need to keep things running smoothly. If you EVER have any concerns, please reach out to him -or- contact the home base: we'll take care of you.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I've dealt with Auto Crane for 20+ years. Their product has been very stable and high quality and they’ve been very attentive if there have been any issues. I'm on an Auto Crane dealer council and we have a number of dealers across North America who help establish what the problems are and how we're going to go about fixing them. Then Auto Crane takes that information, runs with it and tries to make the appropriate changes in their manufacturing.

There's a threshold between how much a consumer is willing to pay for quality but every consumer still wants to get the best quality at the lowest price.

However, Auto Crane are high-priced and there are other people in the United States who build a similar product who are doing it for less. Other than that, Auto Crane is a great product and I've always recommended them to a friend.

Auto Crane response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Kerry. As you know, we at Auto Crane continue to listen to the industry and work hard to solve the problems that dealers, end users, and our partners experience day in and day out (while working without equipment).

Auto Crane is completely dedicated to innovation and quality. We are constantly working on product improvements and new ideas to bring to the market and grow your business. We know what our competitors are doing and are completely focused on staying one step ahead.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I work for a company that was an Auto Crane distributor. We've been working with them for 32 years, and when I moved to North Dakota, I asked for their line. They’re very good, but with room for improvement. Our rep was just let go and after I asked who’s gonna be taking over, Auto Crane said, “You’ll be absorbed into the territory.” But I haven't seen a good follow-up from them. However, their products are great as of lately, and they’ve done very well with their pricing books and literature. Also, their information on the internet has been outstanding.

Auto Crane response

Thanks for your review, Kurt. If one thing is constant, it's change — we plan to continue providing innovation throughout the industry, regardless of how the landscape changes. Please feel free to contact our Sales Director, Todd Hannum -or- the home office with any questions or concerns regarding any transition you're encountering and we'll get you taken care of you. And keep your eyes peeled - we're about to rock the industry again.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

We've used Auto Crane for a number of years and they've always been an outstanding company. They have gone through some transitions and our communication with them has been somewhat limited after their rep, who'd been there for a number of years, retired. There was always someone there to answer my questions but after she left, we just had to contact someone in sales to ask a question, though there's a new representative who has been somewhat helpful. Other than that, their product, both the crane and their body, is outstanding and I've used them on a regular basis. They're going through some transitions and our experience with them has been growing.

Auto Crane response
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, Steve — we truly appreciate feedback from our partners/end-users/customers. We miss Diana too, but Rocky and Dustin say that while they can't be as spunky as her, they will continue the excellent Auto Crane level of service to answer any questions you've got.

Thanks for your continued support and keep your eyes peeled: we're about to rock the industry again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

We've been with Auto Crane for many years. They were a vendor of ours when I started working with my current company and we have always had good luck with them. They have people turn over to where new folks come in and it takes a while to get a relationship built up with them. I know that they recently had an outside sales change, and our territory is covered by someone new now.

Auto Crane response

Bob - thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. If one thing is constant, it's change — we plan to maintain our level of service (to you and your company) and we'll continue to provide innovation throughout the industry, regardless of how the landscape changes. Please feel free to contact our Sales Director, Todd Hannum -or- the home office with any questions or concerns regarding any transition you're encountering and we'll get you taken care of you.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

We service and outfit trucks and one of the things we outfit them with are cranes, and Auto Crane is one of our main vendors that we put on the trucks. The Auto Crane representatives are very helpful. I've worked with every single one of them and they’re all great people. They make my job a whole lot easier. We call them daily to order parts, get price and availability, and they’re able to answer any of my technical questions and anything that I may need. Our equipment and account manager orders all of the account equipment that we may need for installation and they fully help with all that. We've been with Auto Crane for many years and everything’s been great working with them.

Auto Crane response

Thanks for your feedback, Gladys! Auto Crane values dealer's/outfitter's opinions such as yours, because it allows us the input we need to evolve our products and services to fit the challenges that you face. We're excited for the coming year as we're rolling out SEVERAL new product lines and features. Don't hesitate to contact your regional sales rep with any questions.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

We’ve been a distributor for not a whole lot of time, and I third-partied Auto Crane in the past and everything’s been good. Their sales rep Nick was topnotch. I've had some small issues with some warranty stuff, but not anything that’s remarkable. I’m very happy with the product and with the service I got. I love Auto Crane and I enjoy working with them.

Auto Crane response

Sam - thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad that your experience with Auto Crane has been positive and we look forward to working with you in 2017 and beyond. Please don't hesitate to contact Nick Underwood -or- the home office if you have any questions.

Auto Crane Company Information