toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It works great right. Every time I use it it makes me feel good. Very efficient and very recommendable to others that I know and they will love it too. The quality of the food is amazing. It taste great and has no bitter aftertaste. I feel very healthy and my energy is really high, and I feel more happy. The customer service is great. They are quick and get all my questions answered right away. They are nice and know their information. Like being a part of the family. The value is 100%. You get what you pay for and not breaking the bank either. Very inexpensive for the product you receive. That is why I keep coming back.

I started Medifast on June 27, 2015. I was in a stressful situation. I had just gone to see my sister for the last time. She had terminal brain cancer. I began my journey with Medifast when I came home and started losing weight right away. I talked to my sister and her husband weekly. The simplicity of the Medifast program made it easy to lose the weight without the added stress of meal planning, grocery shopping, cooking meals, etc. My counselor was very understanding and helpful as I lost about 2 pounds a week. I lost a total of 40+ pounds and went from a size 12 to a size 4! The Medifast program was amazing and my counselor, Hannah and everyone on the staff were very friendly and encouraging along the way! I feel a lot healthier and in control of my body. Thank you Medifast.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My friend was doing the Medifast program and I used it because of her results. My weight loss has been a little bit slower than her but my bloodwork has improved and my cholesterol's gotten a lot better since I started the program. I'm definitely seeing improvements with weight loss. Then, I was a little confused on how to get the health coach. My friend has a health coach that works with her and I thought that was through Medifast. I did the online chat and the rep told me it wasn't through Medifast. I also didn't like some of the food for the first month and the only option was to get the sampler and some of the food was not what I would have picked out for myself. But I was able to tailor my food packages for the second month and it was good.

Medifast is the best product in the market as far as I'm concerned. I've tried lots of different things and I think that it is the perfect food for my body. I found out about it from a sister-in-law years ago and tried it. As far as weight loss, I have achieved 25 pounds and I'm looking to drop about 15 and I'll be at goal weight. I don't like fake food so I never buy any of that fake food but I do the shakes and have been buying consistently.

Every month I'll have an order and then I use the bars with the 100 calories for an emergency treat. My only complaint is that it's very pricey and they should not charge for shipping too. I have called them a couple of times because I wasn't able to get a discount code applied to my purchase. I also don't get any kind of discounts offered through email anymore. I've gone online to see if I can get some and apply them but they don't work. Other than that, I think that Medifast is great stuff.

I didn't recognize a fellow I haven't seen in four or five months and thought he had gotten a haircut. He said he's been on Medifast and his doctor put him on it. Long story short, I then did some research and my wife and I both decided to start the program. We've been on it for 12 days and at first I'm overwhelmed but it's been going really well. The variety of the foods is really good and the idea of being able to customize your subsequent orders to reflect your preferences is also good. Customer service is very good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medifast?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My sister has tried a lot of other diets and Medifast worked well for her and she lost 30 pounds on it. I purchased the two-week plan and it jump-started my healthier eating. I found that using the products kept me satisfied. I didn't have cravings nor get that hungry, empty feeling that I've got in other diets. In fact, I had trouble eating as much as Medifast suggested. I've been on Weight Watchers and lost a lot but I don't like being limited to foods and it was expensive too. But I have decided not to continue with Medifast, but not because it's not a good program. I just want to live the life of lean and green and reduce carbs.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Medifast helped me achieve my weight loss goals. It was quick but I wasn't starving. The meals were good but there wasn't a whole lot of variety. I feel like I was very successful the first time I did it so it was worth it for sure. The support person in Lafayette emailed me a few times and kept supporting me. I also asked some questions and he was wonderful. But then after I quit, I didn't transition and I gained the weight back. I want to go back but the thought makes me cry because it is so strict. It's hard but I was very satisfied.

After some internet research and talking to other people, I decided to choose to go with Medifast. I haven't completely achieved my weight loss goals, but there's already a significant difference. I'm very pleased with it. Since using Medifast, I feel happier and healthier. I'm definitely making better choices now. The diet was very efficient and convenient, especially for someone who had several kids.

I had to call them on two separate occasions. There was one time, when one box came leaking and the UPS man just carried it leaking to my back door. So I called them and they got another one out to me which arrived two days later. They are extremely quick to fix the problem. Then I got on their automatic shipment and I was waiting on shipment but nothing arrived. Something else went wrong and then they sent me that whole month shipment completely free. That was several hundred dollars worth of stuff and I can't ask for better customer service than that. They FedExed it and it got here really quick and it was all free. That was huge for my budget and I really appreciated them doing that. I've been really pleased and they're very responsive. The quality of the food is good and customer service is outstanding.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I weigh 120 pounds and I'm 5'6". I don't really need Medifast for weight loss. But there are a lot of people who fast like me. I fast a lot for religious purposes. And if you want to have the healthy, most appropriate choice, go for Medifast and that's one of the reasons I chose it. I've heard so many good things about Medifast and I also heard that lots of doctors used it to lose weight. The banana flavor shake which they no longer carry was the best one. It's healthy, delicious and it satisfied my hunger. I don't have to add any type of Sweet 'N Low, Splenda to satisfy the taste. Lately, I added some Greek yogurt to it which gave me some substance, a little bit more filling.

I like Medifast and my mom has them too. I've done Weight Watchers but I could eat whatever I wanted and I wanted something stricter. Medifast is more structured for weight loss and it's pretty easy to follow. I take a blend of both their meals and shakes since in different situations, I need something quicker. During the first couple days, I didn't think I was having enough but now, it's fine. I'm getting to my goal and I lost seven pounds already. I've recommended Medifast to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to lose ten pounds so I used Medifast. I've lost eight pounds and my experience has been great. My only complaint would be the taste of the food but some of the food is really good. Overall, it's set up well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been using Medifast on and off and I have lost five pounds. I am not left super hungry, however, I wouldn't eat brownies or some of the snack foods that they have because there are too many carbs in them. Maybe they could find other ways to upgrade their snacks.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My friend recommended Medifast. He has done very well with it and I knew he wasn't being photoshopped because I saw him in person. I was considering another company but they only had shakes and there was Purging which got me concerned so I decided not to go with that. I had done Weight Watchers years ago but it wasn't practical for me because the main events were getting weighed in and making the meeting which I couldn't do. But it sounded interesting and didn't sound as painful as some of the others.

I started the Medifast plan last Thursday morning and I've lost seven pounds. I was starving the first couple of days but my peers told me not to be concerned about that. I'm adjusting to it and I'm nowhere near as hungry as I was the first couple of days so it's great. It's only been five days, but Medifast has exceeded my expectations and I didn't expect to see something like this that quick. I know which food works for me and which ones don't.

We've done Medifast in the past. Thomas was unsatisfied in between meals at first but then got used to it. We had to open two separate accounts so we could order but it was hard to figure out how to cancel one. We appreciate the no charge on shipping. We usually end up placing an order for over $300 which would still qualify for that. But they make us sign for it to be recurrent which is brutal. We don't like that it automatically sends to us every month or that we have to call and change it. It's better for us to place the order when we're ready for it.

Product works very well but shipping rate is too expensive! Only free shipping at $250, other than that, normal standard shipping rate is more than $20!! Single item package retail at $19.50 but shipping is more than the product! In the end we have to look for alternative product!

This diet should be called "medinightmare". My mother and I started this diet the same week. She was 80lbs over weight and I has 30lbs. We started well and following the diet perfectly. We both lost about 30lbs but exactly after 3 months I had a massive seizure that I had to go to the hospital and was admitted for a night and was diagnosed as epileptic, now I am medicated. Then 2 days later that same week my mother had a hemorrhagic stroke and she lasted 5 weeks (3 of them in ICU) in the hospital and then 3 months in rehab. If you are considering doing this diet please make sure you do not have any tendency for seizures, stroke or heart failure.

So I signed up for Medifast as I will be getting married and after having my baby I just cannot lose this extra weight... I've tried it all! I'd like to start by saying my counselor was amazing, very sweet, patient and informative. The woman that signed me up... not so pleasant. She was nice as she was pitching the program (I'm in sales I get it) but I saw her interact with the other girls upfront and she was rather rude.

So 1 week in I started having stomach issues. Fine I switched to whey protein. The second week I started having these intense headaches and I was super lightheaded (sometimes a side effect) but this would not subside. Long story short I was in and out of the dr with blood tests and scans as they could not figure out what was making me so sick. Turns out I had a horrible infection that spread and once the Dr narrowed this down I was informed I wasn't able to consume the Medifast products due to health issues.

I kindly replied to my counselors email explaining the situation only to be informed I would not be receiving a refund. So I've now spent $1000 dollars on a program I didn't even utilize for 30 days due to a medical issue because of the product and no refund. I was offered a low-calorie plan which was a kind gesture however, as I’ve tried it all to lose weight I have about 3 low-calorie plans I don't stick to as it is which is why I resorted to Medifast to start. I can't understand the justification for not refunding my money other than bad business!

I believe that it worked well for me. I did not like how restrictive I felt it was but the results showed for themselves. I was happy with what I saw and experienced yet I do not want to continue with it. The food quality was great. It was delicious and had a variety to choose from. I wish that I could eat more of it... is part of the problem but I enjoyed the food that I ate! I would recommend. Customer support was great. They were very kind and understanding with me. I felt very comfortable opening up and being personal with them so that they could assist me the most. I believe the value was worth the price! I know some others that I spoke to disagreed yet I enjoyed my experience for the majority and the value I believe I received was valuable!

I called customer support as directed, for an authorization to return items. I sent them back with that number clearly marked on the address label and inside the box. After not receiving the exchanges when three weeks passed I called to check on it. Customer service had no record of the return being shipped back. They suggested I try back with the Post office for them to review their receipts of that day and get me the tracking number. I was unable to do it that day but the next day I received an email from customer support saying my exchange order is ready to ship. I called and asked to have some items modified and they said that it was too late, as the shipment went already. I asked how the shipment could be out so fast when, literally, 24 hours prior I was informed that they had no record of receiving my items. Unable to answer. Makes me concerned is all.

The drink is high in protein and makes you feel very energetic. Lots of energy to get around. Not being tired or fatigue. I like it totally. It's a great food substitute for heavy food when hunger. It's good to wake up to and great to use at any time of the day. When you try it hopefully you will enjoy a great experiences and include it when you want to change or diet. It has great flavor and taste. Once you try it you can recommend it to others. It gives you a great sense of support and a sense of great energy that you need in your everyday life. You can do your morning workout by enjoying Medifast. It's something that you will learn to trust in your life. The Medifast value is something that can never be compared as being a good value. It's worth the price and it's something that you can enjoyed.

It supplies and helps my needs. It's very good, reliable, innovative, progressive, and advanced. It's a trustworthy product and the company is reputable. It nutritious. They have strong business practices. They produce strong, natural healthy products that help ensure your health. They have high standards they live up to. They are very helpful and resolve issues very fast and efficiently. They are professional and courteous. They detail-oriented and they actually care about their customers. The value of their product is very good and high. It seems to me that you actually get more than what you are paying for. Not only do they give good prices but they also give you quality.

This program was the best I have ever tried. The difference was having a health coach. The food is delicious and the results were excellent and maintainable. You eat a normal dinner every night. Your health coach keeps tabs on you and guides you along the way. I was able to lose 40 lb. in 6 months! This was done strictly for health issues and my doctor approved of the plan. I was borderline diabetic and after the plan, my numbers are normal. I read all of the plan's books so it helps you realize the importance of maintaining a healthy weight for life. There are website and FB page for support, people all across the country cheer each other on. I would highly recommend this program.

So I started this program two weeks ago and all I can say is that I am very pleased! I have a coach and she is wonderful! I do think the food in the kits is terrible and I prefer only select foods so it has been costly in the beginning but now I know what I like and I only order that. I wish there was a website where people actually posted reviews on the food so I wouldn't have to waste money buying the stuff that stinks. I have lost 8 lbs in two weeks (5 lbs the first week and 3 lbs the second). I think I would have lost more the second week but I celebrated a birthday with a wee bit of cake. ;)

I am very happy on this product. I am hoping to lose 20 lbs and then work out steadily thereafter to tone everything. I love this system. I think it's very easy to follow. It's all about how much self-discipline you have. My kids offer me a brownie, gummy bears, ice cream and I say, "No thank you". My family eats different items than myself but it is okay. You have to be strong-willed and a tough cookie! :)

The effectiveness is awesome and I would recommend it to anyone that wants to use this service and support the best industry I have used. Great food quality and service providers are awesome. I'm glad that I used this food service and it's been a great pleasure to do so. So therefore I will continue to use it. Greatest customer support and satisfaction I have ever dealt with. Great value for the money and anyone interested in this service is guaranteed to be happy with everything that it has to offer.

A great meal replacement that not only tastes good but also holds you over. I never felt hungry afterwards and it also helped curb cravings. I'd say it worked well and did its job. The quality was good. I've tried different brands that do the same thing and always felt dissatisfied afterwards with the taste and texture. Didn't have that problem with Medifast. It was good. Anytime I had any questions they were always quick to respond and help me get the answers I needed. Very responsive and I never had to wait long to get the information I needed. Of course people always want more for less money. I just think that they could do better promotions or different types of offers and what not to bring new customers in or retain the ones they have.

Works pretty well but kind of hard to stick to regularly if you are not used to dieting. Don't feel extremely hungry either in between meals when on this program. Food quality is ok. Portions are not that big but I wouldn't expect them to be huge either but a little bigger would be nice. Food tastes good though and the desserts are not bad either. I would totally recommend customer support. Very helpful and very caring and took the time to answer all of my questions and explain everything in great detail. I give Customer Service 5 stars. It was ok. The money value of the program really is not that expensive but could be a little cheaper for people who do not have a ton of money. That would be my only complaint about that.

I tried Medifast after hearing ads on the radio. The counselors were nice enough. I carefully followed the program to the letter and had very little success after the first week (about 3 pounds). The packaged food is almost inedible. Seriously, some of the most disgusting food I'd ever put in my mouth! After a summer of struggling to stay on the plan, hundreds and hundreds of dollars, and down just a few pounds, I quit! Such a miserable program! Horrendous food, very costly, total disappointment. Lost only about 12 pounds in 3 months. I figured it cost about $100/pound. Would never, ever, ever recommend!

Honestly it may have been more effective if I had used it as directed and for a longer time period. So it was probably partly my fault that I did not get the results I had hoped for. Personally for me the food was not as flavorful as I would have liked it to be which is probably for the most part why I didn't stay with it longer than I did. The customer support was satisfactory as far as I was concerned. Options were suggested to me that I decided to decline, pretty much for the reason I stated previously. I didn't care for the taste. For me personally the value wasn't that satisfactory. I honestly feel you can achieve the same goals by using other methods, probably for less expense.

The overall effectiveness of Medifast was surprising. The weight loss item really helped me lose weight, and gain the confidence I was looking for. The overall food quality for Medifast was good. The meals had a good serving and proportions for weight loss. I would highly recommend using the customer support options for Medifast. They are supportive and help customers with weight loss options and meals. The overall value is great for customers.

Medifast has been around for a number of decades, and at one time was only available via physicians. However for some years the products have been available to anyone online. Medifast offer meal replacement products typically formulated to be low-calorie and low-fat, and containing optimum levels of vitamins. The formula will generally take users into a mild state of ketosis. Another compared Medifast with diabetes medication. The study found Medifast more effective at controlling type 2 diabetes than an ADA-recommended program. One issue with Medifast is the long-term consequences especially coming off the program. The transition phase is 4-6 weeks, and starts off by introducing oatmeal at breakfast, and fruit for snacks.

Medifast Company Profile