toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It works great right. Every time I use it it makes me feel good. Very efficient and very recommendable to others that I know and they will love it too. The quality of the food is amazing. It taste great and has no bitter aftertaste. I feel very healthy and my energy is really high, and I feel more happy. The customer service is great. They are quick and get all my questions answered right away. They are nice and know their information. Like being a part of the family. The value is 100%. You get what you pay for and not breaking the bank either. Very inexpensive for the product you receive. That is why I keep coming back.

I started Medifast on June 27, 2015. I was in a stressful situation. I had just gone to see my sister for the last time. She had terminal brain cancer. I began my journey with Medifast when I came home and started losing weight right away. I talked to my sister and her husband weekly. The simplicity of the Medifast program made it easy to lose the weight without the added stress of meal planning, grocery shopping, cooking meals, etc. My counselor was very understanding and helpful as I lost about 2 pounds a week. I lost a total of 40+ pounds and went from a size 12 to a size 4! The Medifast program was amazing and my counselor, Hannah and everyone on the staff were very friendly and encouraging along the way! I feel a lot healthier and in control of my body. Thank you Medifast.

This product is very effective and was just what I needed for my condition and to live a better life free of strife and problems. The food quality is absolutely delicious. You can't even tell it's from a meal plan and it blows all over meal plans out of the water. I would eat this all the time. Also, customer support has been exceptional. I have been treated with the utmost care and I'm a completely happy customer. The value of this product is incomparable to any other options out there on the market. I'm happy with my purchase and definitely have gotten my money's worth.

There was a great variety of the food which is great because most weight loss plans don't have that. It gives us trying to lose weight great incentive to stick to the meal plans. They definitely keep up with their customers and make sure we are happy and satisfied with our plans. Also, they make sure we are on track and keep us that way. I used this product after gaining 70 pounds of baby weight and it did not take long for the weight to start coming off. Medifast is definitely worth the money it costs. It works and great at that and it's easy and completely great for any type of weight loss.

Medifast work great. I have already lost 5 pounds in my first week. On top of that, the food tastes great. The food quality is good. You get just the right amount of food. But not too much where you feel bad afterward. I feel very satisfied after I eat it. Customer service is very useful when you have a question. They are respectful if you are respectful to them. The value is okay but sometimes I do think it is a little expensive. But at least I know it works. I have never felt better about myself until now. Definitely going to keep buying it.

The effectiveness is super cool and it affects my smell so you guys should try it. It also affects your learning because you're learning twice. I really love food because you get to make anything so that food gives you the energy to move and stay active. Also, customer support helps you with stuff because it teaches you how to work it or move. Value is important because it matters about the deals and how much money it costs because everyone wants the lowest price every time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted something that is dummy proof because I'm very busy and I have a very stressful life. I needed something that would be easy. Then I heard about Medifast through my physician. The foods are very good for what I can have. I have very limited options because of food allergies, but they're great. The soups are good and the hearty meals are fantastic. The ready to drink drinks are perfect. The experience I've had so far has been very pleasant. Honestly, for a person who doesn't have food allergies, I don't think one could get a better diet. It's actually made with real food instead of being new to system or something with additives and different things in it. I have lost 15 pounds in the three months that I've been on it. I haven't achieved all my goals yet but it's a great progress.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medifast?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was trying to find an easy way to lose weight because I don't have time to go to the gym. I thought changing my eating habits would be a lot better, so I went for Medifast. It helped me out a lot. I was very hungry during the process and felt bad for the reason that everybody around me was eating junk food and they were especially teasing me after knowing that I was going through the program but it turned out good. Everything came organized and they provided a book. It was a good choice. I lost a total of 10 pounds and to be honest I wasn't even doing the course correctly as I have cheated. I really like the way that it worked. It's a good way to start going for that path of being healthy and in shape.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The first time that I ordered from Medifast about four months ago, they shipped to me a small amount of things, but they didn't ship to me everything that I ordered. They just sent to me some cleansing products and shakes, and they charged me $100 for these. So, at that point, I went with a different product. However, the next month, without asking me, they shipped to me the entire thing and they charged my credit card, even if I never do auto-ship. Although I didn't order these products for the second time, I got a big box of products that I didn't want and that cost me $500. So, I was not very happy. It was a horrible experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was a G1 athlete with a lot of muscle mass and a six-pack. I gained 20 pounds when I got put on a medication for Lyme. I was trying to get back down to 135 cause I got up to 160. No matter what I did, I couldn’t and they said it was the medication holding on to the weight. I was bicycling 25 miles a day and running five miles and it didn’t make a bit of difference. In fact, I was gaining weight cause I’d get more muscle and looked bulkier. My doctor recommended Medifast and I did the On-the-Go first and lost 10 pounds in seven days.

But then I was doing athletic things and broke my ankle. And so, it’s been four weeks and my doctor just cleared me to go back on Medifast. And this time around, I did the Flex. I've been on it four days and I've already lost six pounds. I know it says not to skip meals, but I have been skipping meals at the beginning because I just can’t eat that much. I feel full because I drink so much liquid all day. They said for 30 days, I couldn’t have alcohol. And so, instead of having one or two, I literally just have one beer and I’m still losing just as much weight as the first time. It's been great and I've already had two of my sisters join because of my experiences.

A company that works - that stands for Medifast. I would recommend to all customers. Effectiveness immediately. Works for all customers that there is a need. It's Food that warms you up. It's high in nutrition, too. All around great food to eat whether in the hurry, on the run. I would feel better with Medifast. Also, they have great customer service that makes sure your needs are handled. It is worth every penny. Medifast is number one in my books.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve had a friend and a coworker that used Medifast and I saw the great results that they got. It’s really awesome. I just got back from vacation. I have a route that I run when I’m on vacation and I was able to run it much easier and complete it with no problem. I haven’t been able to do that before because there are several large hills so I feel great. Also, the diet was very easy because I’m just mixing the food with water. It satisfies me and keep me from being hungry. I'm also within a couple of pounds of my weight loss goal.

The few experiences that I’ve had with the Medifast team have been really good. They’ve been very supportive and helpful in changing my orders around, and accommodating me, extending my order out a little bit. It’s been very good, and I encourage others who have tried other programs that haven’t worked for them to use this one.

I've used Medifast several years ago so I knew it worked. Also, the price was good at the time versus any other program that you might follow like Jenny Craig or Nutrisystem. I was enthusiastic at first and I saw immediate progress the first couple of days when everything was going well. But when I called to ask a couple of questions, I found out about the pricing and I got really disappointed and upset. I decided to stop. I'm using things as I feel like it and not following the program because I didn't plan to continue. Nothing's gonna change either because what I would be allotting for it is going to the car payment now. But I like the bars the best and the only thing I found is the timing with certain things when you put them in the microwave. I had some blow overs a couple of times until I figured out the timing. Also, everything was fine when I called them. It's a money thing but the product's fine.

I had a bunion surgery and I knew I would have limited activity following that to avoid pain. So I needed a balanced nutritional program to limit my caloric intake upon recovery. With Medifast, I survived eight-week recovery without gaining weight. Overall, it was structured and I had a positive experience with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

An ex-wife told me about Medifast and out of five times, I achieved my weight-loss goals twice. If I’m on it for two months, I feel a lot more energy and I’m not quite as hungry. But for a month I’m starved all the time. I have Crohn's disease, so I can't eat endless amounts of salads and vegetables. That’s not a good solution for me. So, sometimes it’s difficult. But the meals are good and my blood work comes out good. I like the taste of everything and I reorder the stuff that I like the best. The soup and stew taste better than when they started.

Part of the program is to drink more water so I pee a lot and since I work 12 hours a day, that gets a little bit annoying. If you’re eating shakes, you’re drinking water with that. It sort of dehydrates you. It flushes the water out of you to a certain extent. I don’t have a lot of water weight because if you’re eating less salt, you don’t retain it as much, so it goes through you better. I contact the team at Medifast through email and website now. But I had a coach at one time and she was fine and was available when I needed her. And I have recommended Medifast.

I had a friend who, two or three years ago, did Medifast and she had a good success so, I thought I would check it out. The price was decent for what you're getting. My problem is the food is monotonous and most of it tastes terrible. The sad thing was that I feel healthy when I eat it but I feel unhealthy because it's mashed potatoes, chips and baked stuff. Then, in August, my husband and I did the Whole30 program and it's all about whole and real foods, vegetables and fruits. It's a great quick fix for people who need to lose a lot of weight in a quick period of time but it doesn't feel as healthy as some of the other fresh food healthy programs. It's getting bad. I've already canceled the service and the lady I talked to was super nice and helpful. I definitely think it's a successful program but I don't know if it's the top one I would recommend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Friends told me about Medifast and I’ve been using it for only about a month. I’ve noticed a little bit of change but I feel fine. The experience could be better if instead of getting the same thing every month, I can choose a little bit more. There are some things that I don’t like and getting them every month is a waste.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My sister had used Medifast and I did about three months of it about five years ago. It worked really well for me. I started again in January and had taken off 25 pounds. But I've been at a stalemate for the month of March and I just started again to get right back in gear. We live up in northern New York so it's winter and this time of the year gets really hard to push through with anything. I felt very sluggish. But I definitely can tell the difference when I'm on Medifast. I feel awesome. I had a gall bladder removed last fall and even with my just digestive issues, Medifast really helps. I am loving it very much.

The little booklet that came with the initial box this time dealt with my urges and pushing through. 4pm to 5pm when I’m getting supper for my family is the hardest to push through, and I usually just drink coffee while I'm getting a meal. Once I push through, I realize I'm glad I didn't eat because I'm really not that hungry. So it's just a matter getting through that time you really feel like you can't make it, and learning how to deal with that when it comes. Medifast is great and is doable. I do experience results and I feel a ton better. My lean and green is healthy. It's for my personality and it's regulated. I am just curious on how to sign up to have someone who I can be accountable to with the Take Shape for Life program.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to lose a little bit of weight and Medifast helped me to achieve my weight loss goals. It’s tough to start with it, but once you get into a rhythm of using it, it’s not too bad. The food is not something you’d want to eat every day or all the time, but it’s great for weight loss. I'm still using Medifast and it’s doing what I wanted it to do. It’s working just fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend told me about Medifast and it was easy so I went with them. I've used it before and I was very successful. It helped me lose weight but unfortunately, I went off and then gained weight again and now, I'm back on it again. I feel fine and I have more energy. All in all, I like Medifast. It's slow and steady and it's a really good program for me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I haven't been as faithful as I should in achieving my weight loss goals. In 2012, I got really serious and I did exactly as I was supposed to with Medifast and I stayed right on track. And because of that, I lost about 25 pounds. But over the years, I've gained it back again. I've been real diligent now. This is day three, and I'm already down three pounds. I know that if I stay focused and do it, then I'm gonna get the results I want. It's just that when circumstances creep in, the self-discipline flies out.

I like the foods. There was one time where the popcorn literally tasted like cardboard and was really bad. Then the company was really quick to ask what I wanted instead and they replaced that free of charge. I really like the bars, the shakes, and I absolutely love the mashed potatoes. They are so good. So, there are a few things that are my favorites and I just stick to.

I don't like to cook so Medifast is a good alternative for me because I just grab what I like or I'll stick it in the microwave for 60 or 90 seconds then I'm good to go. I feel full. As long as I stay with every three hours, it's good for me. So, I'll do breakfast at 9:00, lunch at 12:00, do a 3:00 snack and then dinner at 6:00, and then something again at 9:00. That does really well for me and I don't feel hungry at all. I really love the brownies and the chocolate chip soft baked cookies. That helps to curb my sweet tooth because I've got a really bad one. It makes me feel like I can still have the things that I want but I don't have to feel guilty about it.

We tried doing where they send the food automatically. But with my husband's work, that didn't work well with us. So, I just order it whenever I need it or when we have the money. The kicker right there is that it's about the same amount that I would spend on groceries but it's a lot to put up front. So, I wish it was a little bit cheaper.

The plan helps eases into portion control and putting better nutrients in the body instead of eating to eat. With the Medifast, it keeps me satiated enough that I'm not gonna go running for a cheeseburger or to RB's or Dairy Queen. I recommended Medifast to my girlfriend in California who was extremely overweight. She went to the counseling and did absolutely fantastic. Then she went on maintenance and she stayed with it. She's probably my biggest success story.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like Medifast very much. If I want to order, I talk to someone and they are always good. Medifast is a very good weight loss program and more people should be on it. I like that they have a very big choice of what you would like to purchase and the fact that it's very easy to fix if you are out and you have to have lunch. You just have a bar and have water and you're done. It's very simple but you have to stick to the plan if you want to lose weight. Medifast wants you to have five meals and then have lean and green for dinner. The bad part is it's expensive. But once you lose the weight, you have to stay on a low-calorie diet. You can be on this forever so it's good. I would recommend them. The experience is good if losing weight is the final goal.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with Medifast has been okay. I was on it for about seven months the first time and lost about 40 lbs. I chose to go back because it works for me. I just got through my first month and I’m a little off the wagon but I have lost about 10 lbs. I do eat five times a day and sometimes I don't feel hungry but there’s some things I don’t like. I'm gonna give them a call to try to switch out a couple of the products that I don’t like, provided they don’t charge me. However, I’ve been feeling very hungry recently but I’m exercising, too, so I don’t know if that’s it or whatnot. Nevertheless, Medifast does work very well if you do it and exercise. Next time, I’m going to go further. I quit too soon the last time. And I need to go through a transition which I didn’t do before.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did Medifast like five years back and I lost a lot of weight. My brother was a representative and he sold it. And now, I just called up the number again online. I wanted an opportunity to lose weight again, and since it had breakfast and lunch, it's easier for me. Everything's pre-planned and I just eat what they give me. At first, it was hard because my stomach had to get used to the little bits every two to three hours. Now, it's like I can go the whole day without big meals and I think that's what's helping me to lose.

It's really easy to order every time I call. The team I've had there was wonderful and the food comes the next day. I get enough for the month, for $329, and it's less than what I would spend in a week on food and it's for myself so it's not bad. I lost 15 pounds in a month, however, I'm experiencing a lot of pain, like gas loading. So, I've been adding a shake with fruits to maybe wean off of it. I'm gonna see my doctor so he will tell me. It could be gall bladder or something like that. But it takes off the weight and it helps you to learn to eat again. I would definitely recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have friends that tried Medifast and I wanted to try it myself. I followed the diet to the letter and it was not good. The food was inedible and it was too hard to swallow. I was able to choke it down, but I'd rather lose weight slowly than have to be miserable with what I'm putting in my body. Although I liked the bars and they tasted like a regular Granola bar. They also didn't pressure me when I went to cancel, which was nice. Overall I'm a bit irritated that I wasted money.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did Medifast back in the late 80's when I was heading up a weight loss program at the doctor's chiropractic office in Waco, Texas. I've lost weight before and continued with Medifast after that. I use it to control my weight and it's a great program. It's always been a good experience. However, they've taken away all my favorite food. And I travel for a living and it makes it difficult. The cream soups were always the easiest to do on the road. I live in hotels and I don't always have a microwave, but I almost always got a coffee maker. So, if I can get 8-ounce of hot water and mix it with those cream soups, it was great. But they've discontinued all those so I don't like that. Other than that, Medifast is really successful. I like the bars, the shakes, and the different stuff. I have recommended them to friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about Medifast from friends and it seems like it was working for others. Since going through the diet, I've had a reasonable weight loss and I feel satisfied between meals. I'm getting there in terms of achieving my weight loss goals.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've known about Medifast for many years and they have lots of options as far as the meals go. It helped me choose smaller meals because they have portions. And if I eat portion meals and then drink plenty of water afterwards, I can go two hours. The portions are smaller, like with the bars or the bags of chips, but they're proper sized. I've lost a couple of pounds and I hope to lose more but I have lost enough.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A couple of years ago, a friend of mine at work lost a hundred pounds on Medifast and introduced me to it. His coach has also lost a hundred pounds so I gave it a shot. First time, having a coach was very helpful. There were times I got a little hungry and they told me I had to eat more. I did it for about three months and I lost 45 pounds. Then, I stopped because I hit my goals. And then, recently, I wanted to challenge myself for 90 days as a discipline kind of thing knowing I would lose weight but I didn't want to get caught up in numbers.

I didn't like the fact that it took two weeks to get the food because I'm excited once I order it. Anyway, I got the food and did it for 90 days. I called ahead of time to work with their service people to change up some of the food because I like some more than others. And then they told me it would be shipped out on the 11th. Four weeks went by and I'm out of food and it would take another two weeks. I waited then I called and they said they didn't send it because of my card. So I called the bank and there's lots of money in it. But they didn't call me and did nothing so I was three weeks out with no food. So I quit. I told them to cancel it. If they have called me, I would've ordered it, I would have been back on track.

I lost 20 pounds but it's not where I want to be. I don't have much support as far as someone not calling me saying I need my food and I got a problem with my card. They sent me an email but I don't check my email. They could have called me. But from this time versus the last time, the food is a whole lot better with more choices. Some of it was good. I like the fact that they added in the lean and green meals. I did it without a coach and I would love to do it again, but I just didn't have the time to wait again. I'm satisfied with Medifast, except the customer service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was in a trial to Johns Hopkins. They had a program that I went through seven years ago and I had lost 75 pounds through them. I went 10 months and I had to go every week to check in, there was a doctor involved. But they used Medifast as their system. Then, I gained the weight back because I have cancer and I had to have chemo for nine months so that's what I've been kind of using since then. I'm using Medifast with something else that my doctor has given me as far as an appetite suppressant. I don't do well with all the meals being Medifast and I also had gotten a gout so it's better for me not to have four or five meals.

I'm not hungry and the medicine assists that for a longer period of time. But since it's protein-based, I definitely feel good after that. I follow the pattern of still eating every two to three hours. I usually have a protein shake in the morning and I'm really having two bars a day. I've lost 35 pounds since last June and I have another 25 to go that I'm working on to have that body by the fall. Now, the only thing I'm not happy with is I have to pay an extra surcharge to get the ready-to-drink shake sent to my house. Other than that, I'm happiest when I'm going with the simplest plan.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend told me that Medifast controls the amount of food you eat and that it was easy to use. I then decided to go with it and I’ve been using it for years now. It has worked for me and I definitely feel healthier because I lost weight. The supplement that has 9 or 11 grams of protein keeps me from getting hungry. And I didn't have to do a lot of preparation. Medifast is a good program, that's why I've recommended it to friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Medifast is a very easy thing for me to do. I will go throughout the day having four or five bars and then have a regular dinner at night and I can keep the weight off. I've been doing it for a long time and I feel a lot better and when I get off of it, I gain weight. Then, six or seven months ago, they've been wildly inconsistent. I get 10 boxes of the Smores bars and inside the same box, I'll have two or three that have no chocolate on the bottom or I'll have one or two that have no marshmallows on top. I'm throwing away a considerable amount of bars because if I only get to eat four or five bars a day, I don't want them to be devoid of chocolate. I want the product to be right. I called 30 days ago and told them that they should fix the problem and I was disappointed with their response because they didn't like that I pointed it out. But this last problem notwithstanding, I've recommended it to a number of people.

Medifast Company Profile