toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It works great right. Every time I use it it makes me feel good. Very efficient and very recommendable to others that I know and they will love it too. The quality of the food is amazing. It taste great and has no bitter aftertaste. I feel very healthy and my energy is really high, and I feel more happy. The customer service is great. They are quick and get all my questions answered right away. They are nice and know their information. Like being a part of the family. The value is 100%. You get what you pay for and not breaking the bank either. Very inexpensive for the product you receive. That is why I keep coming back.

I started Medifast on June 27, 2015. I was in a stressful situation. I had just gone to see my sister for the last time. She had terminal brain cancer. I began my journey with Medifast when I came home and started losing weight right away. I talked to my sister and her husband weekly. The simplicity of the Medifast program made it easy to lose the weight without the added stress of meal planning, grocery shopping, cooking meals, etc. My counselor was very understanding and helpful as I lost about 2 pounds a week. I lost a total of 40+ pounds and went from a size 12 to a size 4! The Medifast program was amazing and my counselor, Hannah and everyone on the staff were very friendly and encouraging along the way! I feel a lot healthier and in control of my body. Thank you Medifast.

Having always struggled with my weight I have been extremely happy to finally have something that is working for me. It has helped me to lose 30 pounds so far and hopefully more. The shakes are quite tasty and very filling. You won't be disappointed in your choice. Especially when you're running around all sexy fit! This has been a miracle worker for me and I would gladly pay whatever asked plus some to get these shakes. I can't put a price on finally being healthy. Customer support is also friendly and knowledgeable about their product. All questions were quickly answered and they were very helpful.

Several years ago, some of our professional acquaintances had used Medifast and highly recommended it, so my husband and I tried it. We went on the program together five years ago, and were very successful on it. But maintenance has been an ongoing issue. My husband had decided that he wanted to go back on the plan and lose some weight and then go back and do maintenance. I lost weight as outlined by the plan, anywhere from three to five pounds a week. I was satisfied with the food, but my husband struggled more with it. At the time we started, they didn't have any entrees and things that we got this time around.

My husband and I did the Starter Variety Pack. He’s made the brownie and a couple of other things and found them to be very enjoyable, so we’ll continue to order those to supplement and facilitate his ability to manage his caloric intake during the day, especially when he’s at work and is craving something. However, he doesn’t care for the bars and I got very tired of them by the time we were done with the program, but we enjoy the shakes and entrees very much.

We also found other bars that is over the counter that were pretty comparable to Medifast and add a little more variety. He found that to be helpful and having been through the whole program and transitioning into maintenance, it just seemed like he wants to lose a few pounds this time. Realizing that there's a broader variety of food made him feel like he can make better choices during the day. Also, there is a quick and easy meal, especially if I'm on the road and he's home alone with our teenage daughter, that he can just pop in and know that he's eating properly in the evening, which has been a nice change. My husband is using the Medifast program this time around as a way to jumpstart his being more disciplined about his weight loss desires and how to achieve them.

Our first experience with Medifast has led us to realizing that it’s a reliable program which my doctors were very supportive of, saying that it was well managed. My daughter-in-law is a registered dietician and she went over the entire plan before we were allowed to order it the first time around and agreed that it was well-balanced and wouldn’t do us any harm. We feel like w0ith all the options out there, Medifast is the one that we’re comfortable with.

My husband and I were very pleased with the program. It felt very good, strong, and healthy. We like the way it works and having gone through it religiously and very judiciously the first time, we know we can manage our weight loss by either modifying it and accepting our weight loss results or by being very diligent. We understand both in philosophy, removing the sugars and spreading out the core intake throughout the day.

We’re also very happy with the food product and how they’re improving it. We look forward to seeing that continue, making it a little bit easier for us to enjoy and incorporate it to our day-to-day. We would definitely recommend Medifast if a person's really looking for something that will give him results, if he sticks to it and is well-balanced. Even when we transitioned away from maintenance and were really not following the plan at all, we still didn’t find that we gained all the weight back and neither one of us ever got to our start weight.

When my husband began the program, he had a slight knee injury and felt that it was impeding his recovery by carrying extra weight and wanted to be more aggressive about it. We didn’t even talk about going or looking at different plans or options. We knew where we wanted to go, what we wanted to do, and how we would approach getting him on a more regimented eating plan. We believe in Medifast. It does what it’s supposed to do and it doesn’t cause any detriment to our overall health. We recommend Medifast more highly now because we now know there’s a better variety of food and it has actually improved over what it was after our first go around.

My goal is to be at 200 pounds. I’ve done Medifast's program for 30 days and lost 14 pounds. It also taught me some good eating habits like snacking throughout the days. There were times I would feel hungry but if I stuck to the timeframe, I was fine throughout the day. Also, there are some meals that I preferred over others. I still have 17 pounds more to lose and I’ll get there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medifast?

I started taking Medifast, and I was fine! I ate all my meals. I ended up being hungry most of the time, and the meal times didn't really work out very well with my life, but I did it to my best ability. I took it for almost a year. I lost a ton of weight and started to transition off of it. The transition was hard, and I did start to work out like they suggest. Within about 8 months, though, I gained all the weight back. So Medifast works, but only while you're on it.

I felt so confident after I lost the weight. It was amazing. But it was a little weird not being able to eat with my coworkers, friends, or family. The actual cost of the food was pretty expensive, but I couldn't find another way to get to where I wanted to be. Also, the food was fine but it seemed like eating space food. There were some things that were really good, and others that tasted just like rice cakes. Overall I was always helped anytime I needed it. The people on the phone were super nice. They made sure I got what I needed when I needed it. They helped me decide what I needed to do to keep the weight off and were very kind about it. I just couldn't keep the weight off.

Medifast is effective at keeping you healthy and fit. They have a good variety of meals choices that are healthy and they are portioned for just the right size, and you can have effective and healthy weight loss with this product. The food quality is great. They have snacks, cereals, soups, smoothies, etc and they even have a recipe book for you to make your own healthy dishes. The foods are portioned so you eat just what you are supposed to eat. Customer support is fantastic. They are there for you when you have any questions about the meals, drinks, desserts, and even the meal planning, and the prices of the plan. Also, the value is a good one. First, you can start with the 2 week trial and if you like the program you can join for $10.46 a day, which is great. You have your 3 major food groups and a dessert included. There are 56 meal varieties.

I’m very happy with Medifast. I lost weight pretty quickly and it has helped me achieve my weight loss goals over certain periods of time. I'm having a meal every two and a half hours on the Jump Start Program. I wake up at 6 o’clock in the morning to go to work and I don’t want to have something where I have to sit and spend so much time in preparing. If a diet plan takes cooking this kind of egg in the morning, I'm not going to take the time to do it, so that's why Medifast really works for me. I take my coffee, vitamins and the oatmeal which is tough enough to prepare but it only takes 45 seconds then I'm done. Up until 1 o’ clock or 1:30 ‘o clock, I feel great in spite me being busy in the morning.

They also have good meal options that I can take but my business partner who's also on it didn’t like them as he felt that there could be different options. My wife, too, doesn't want to have just a bar but for me, it works perfectly. My problem times are like 4 o’clock in the afternoon when I'm really hungry waiting for dinner and I'm with a bar or with pretzels.

I and my wife entertain a lot so I have to be really very cautious about what I eat when we go out because I eat more fatty food. The program also doesn't allow beer nor wine. I’m not doing the lean and mean, and the greens and the chicken. The one thing that helps me more so on the flip side is that in the evenings, it hurts me because I’m not following the program as specifically as I have to and at that point, it has a negative effect. I try to watch what I eat in the evenings, but when I’m with friends and we’re eating, I’m not as conscientious. Due to my lack of discipline, I have not done well in some cases and then I get back on it and it does well for me.

On the other hand, I was a little concerned that a box I received was opened and one of the bars was missing so I threw the box away. I sent Medifast an email and they haven't responded. But that won't stop me from using Medifast because it’s a very good product. I recommended Medifast to a good number of friends who have started the program. Some of them are going through the process with the counselors while others just order online.

Medifast was a little cheaper, but after I had bought it, I read the ingredients and saw it’s all processed and everything has preservatives in it so that's not healthy for me. I tried it and during the first three or four days, my experience was rough but my body adjusted after and it felt good. I liked that the best. I lost weight because the amount of calories is so minimal but on the other hand, it's not right for me to eat processed food only. I did it for a few weeks and then I put it away.

Medifast is great to use especially if you are trying to lose weight without taking a lot of pills. It allows you to eat a sensible meal with the plan that they have. I've lost more weight than I expected in just 3 months. The food is great. They give you many options to choose from as far as a meal or a snack. The portions are a nice size just so you don't overdo it. It all has a great flavor that you can get use to eating.

When I always call back to get my next set of meal I always get great customer service. They always ask me if the meals are to my satisfaction, is there anything that I disagree with when it comes to the meal plans and is there anything that I would change. They always ask me how do I feel while on this plan. They are very concerned. Also, the value is great. It is one of the main reasons why I wanted to try the product because it's not too expensive. I think you are getting your money's worth for the results that you get.

Loved the product and would recommend Medifast to anyone. Very effective product and there's a variety of wonderful flavors. The shakes are really great and the food quality capabilities is very high. I usually drink the shakes daily, and my favorite flavor is chocolate. Positive results with exercise and eating right. Plus the customer support was extremely high for most of the employees that work with Medifast. Answered all my questions in a speedy fast time frame.

Saw improvement almost immediately, and definitely have more of a quality of living. I was happy to decide to start using Medifast. The food was not five stars but decent for the benefits. Plus when I need to use customer service it was a decent experience. They were friendly and not judgmental. The knowledge of the representative was also pretty solid. All of my questions have been answered to my satisfaction. I'm big on getting what I pay for, and with Medifast I did just that. There are others in this market that I can't say the same for. Good food and a decent price is good value to me. I would recommend it to family and friends.

A friend of one of my daughters has had a very good result with Medifast, so I and my other daughter tried the program, too. When I started four years ago, I had lost 35 pounds but I gained 10 pounds back recently, so I took their plan for three months continuously and lost 12 pounds already, so I’m back to my target weight. While I was on the program, I wasn't hungry, didn't have a headache or any mood swings. In three hours, I did not feel like I’m deprived and I was perfectly fine. I have told a couple of people about Medifast. They tried it and they are doing great right now. I had a great experience and when I'm back from my out of country trip, I will contact them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did Medifast a couple of years ago and had a lot of success with it. I was on their Go plan and it fit into my lifestyle pretty easily. My top 3 food items were the s'more bar, the chocolate mint bar, and the cookie soft bake. I got some shakes, some other bars, and the pancakes which I like, too. They're good!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There are so many products out there that it's hard to trust but Medifast have had really good reviews and I was happy with that. Medically, it didn't seem too harmful. Plus, it's convenient. However, I work in a school and in the past, it's always very hard for me to use the microwave for many of the foods, so the grab and go foods were always optional versus the pudding which was time-consuming. Every time I get the box, I don't use it for pudding so in a way it was a waste of money. Some of the products are really hard because it's not convenient to always have a microwave ready and accessible for some of the meals. Other than that, it was fine and manageable.

But, I called a few weeks ago to cancel my Medifast Advantage membership. I have the meals but I'm not taking them right now because I found out that I am pregnant. However, when I took my membership in the past, it helped immensely. I was dedicated, I did the weight-loss plans for about six to eight months straight, lost about 20 pounds and gave me energy. Highly recommended to anyone who'd try to lose weight.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I learned about Medifast from a friend of mine that tried it and had a lot of success with it and so a couple of years ago I also used it when it was strictly the 5 & 1. Now there's the 4 & 2 and there are a lot of other plans that may help. I've thought about getting back on it because when I was on it, I lost 49 pounds. Since I've used Medifast my diet has changed remarkably. A lot of things improved including blood pressure and cholesterol. The only thing I could suggest is that the app could be worked on. Overall it's a great program. I recommended it to a lot of my family members.

I was on medifast for close to a year. My goal weight to lose 17 pounds. I was unable to stomach the food so I lived on shakes and bars. Barely edible. I felt like I was always starving and the snacks were not helping. Aside from the bloating and loose stools they warn you about, I was always dizzy, had nausea and felt like I was going to pass out. If I caught the smell of real food, it would trigger terrible hunger pangs. I understand that this diet has been very successful with others but it did NOT work for me. My total weight loss after starvation because that is what it felt like plus exercising 5-7 days a week while on the diet only yielded a 10 pound loss over 6 months. Within 4 months I gained it all back and 6 months after that I put on a total of 30 pounds.

Never have I been this heavy and honestly my internal medicine doctor believes it screwed up my metabolism. So I am using real food, clean food, drinking lots of water and going to the gym. The results may be slower BUT I no longer have the awful side effects or hunger pangs and food craving. I also paid for the weekly coach in case anyone is wondering and followed this diet to the letter. No cheating. She was a nice young lady but gave a lot of rehearsed answers out of the playlist and for me it was a waste because it felt like one size fits all. The poor girl did not have much to add since there were no gaps in my process. But congratulations for the people for whom this works for.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm on Medifast's Flex plan for about three weeks now and it was quite easy signing up. Implementing it to my lifestyle has also been going okay and I don’t have any complaints. It’s better than what my sister described.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife is using Medifast to lose weight and she's lost about 15 lbs so far. I order the products online for her and she takes them to work. She likes those soft chewy bars. We used to get the crunchy bars but she told me they taste like cardboard to her, so she’s trying to get rid of those. She started with oatmeal which she liked in the past but doesn't anymore. But she really likes the mashed potatoes. When I got the wrong ready-made shake delivered to me, their reps were super in helping me return it for a credit. That was terrific.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My friend was doing the Medifast program and I used it because of her results. My weight loss has been a little bit slower than her but my bloodwork has improved and my cholesterol's gotten a lot better since I started the program. I'm definitely seeing improvements with weight loss. Then, I was a little confused on how to get the health coach. My friend has a health coach that works with her and I thought that was through Medifast. I did the online chat and the rep told me it wasn't through Medifast. I also didn't like some of the food for the first month and the only option was to get the sampler and some of the food was not what I would have picked out for myself. But I was able to tailor my food packages for the second month and it was good.

Medifast is the best product in the market as far as I'm concerned. I've tried lots of different things and I think that it is the perfect food for my body. I found out about it from a sister-in-law years ago and tried it. As far as weight loss, I have achieved 25 pounds and I'm looking to drop about 15 and I'll be at goal weight. I don't like fake food so I never buy any of that fake food but I do the shakes and have been buying consistently.

Every month I'll have an order and then I use the bars with the 100 calories for an emergency treat. My only complaint is that it's very pricey and they should not charge for shipping too. I have called them a couple of times because I wasn't able to get a discount code applied to my purchase. I also don't get any kind of discounts offered through email anymore. I've gone online to see if I can get some and apply them but they don't work. Other than that, I think that Medifast is great stuff.

Medifast is very effective. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. I would rate this whole thing ten out of ten a million times over till the day I die. The food quality capabilities are incredible and their technologies are so innovative and creative. Also their customer support is off the charts. Every time I call people are nice and make me feel like they care about me and my concerns and issues.

Medifast does what say they do. They listen to me and what I want I can ask all the questions I want. Customer support are always there for you if you need to ask them questions about the food or about how much you should eat and motivate you when you're feeling down. The food tastes like food not cardboard and it fills you up all day not hungry till its time to eat again. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is all you need but the snacks are good too. You get what you pay for good food that taste like food and it does not cost a lot of money to get what you want to look good and eat good.

I used Medifast years ago to lose weight and it absolutely helped so I went back to it. I experienced a steady gradual weight loss while going through the program which was easy to follow and very convenient. After using Medifast, I feel healthier and happier and it's because I feel better about myself.

I didn't recognize a fellow I haven't seen in four or five months and thought he had gotten a haircut. He said he's been on Medifast and his doctor put him on it. Long story short, I then did some research and my wife and I both decided to start the program. We've been on it for 12 days and at first I'm overwhelmed but it's been going really well. The variety of the foods is really good and the idea of being able to customize your subsequent orders to reflect your preferences is also good. Customer service is very good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My sister has tried a lot of other diets and Medifast worked well for her and she lost 30 pounds on it. I purchased the two-week plan and it jump-started my healthier eating. I found that using the products kept me satisfied. I didn't have cravings nor get that hungry, empty feeling that I've got in other diets. In fact, I had trouble eating as much as Medifast suggested. I've been on Weight Watchers and lost a lot but I don't like being limited to foods and it was expensive too. But I have decided not to continue with Medifast, but not because it's not a good program. I just want to live the life of lean and green and reduce carbs.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Medifast helped me achieve my weight loss goals. It was quick but I wasn't starving. The meals were good but there wasn't a whole lot of variety. I feel like I was very successful the first time I did it so it was worth it for sure. The support person in Lafayette emailed me a few times and kept supporting me. I also asked some questions and he was wonderful. But then after I quit, I didn't transition and I gained the weight back. I want to go back but the thought makes me cry because it is so strict. It's hard but I was very satisfied.

After some internet research and talking to other people, I decided to choose to go with Medifast. I haven't completely achieved my weight loss goals, but there's already a significant difference. I'm very pleased with it. Since using Medifast, I feel happier and healthier. I'm definitely making better choices now. The diet was very efficient and convenient, especially for someone who had several kids.

I had to call them on two separate occasions. There was one time, when one box came leaking and the UPS man just carried it leaking to my back door. So I called them and they got another one out to me which arrived two days later. They are extremely quick to fix the problem. Then I got on their automatic shipment and I was waiting on shipment but nothing arrived. Something else went wrong and then they sent me that whole month shipment completely free. That was several hundred dollars worth of stuff and I can't ask for better customer service than that. They FedExed it and it got here really quick and it was all free. That was huge for my budget and I really appreciated them doing that. I've been really pleased and they're very responsive. The quality of the food is good and customer service is outstanding.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I weigh 120 pounds and I'm 5'6". I don't really need Medifast for weight loss. But there are a lot of people who fast like me. I fast a lot for religious purposes. And if you want to have the healthy, most appropriate choice, go for Medifast and that's one of the reasons I chose it. I've heard so many good things about Medifast and I also heard that lots of doctors used it to lose weight. The banana flavor shake which they no longer carry was the best one. It's healthy, delicious and it satisfied my hunger. I don't have to add any type of Sweet 'N Low, Splenda to satisfy the taste. Lately, I added some Greek yogurt to it which gave me some substance, a little bit more filling.

I was more full while on the Medifast diet two years ago. But my mom and I stopped using it and we regretted that so we did it again. I feel more motivated now and have recommended Medifast to other people.

Medifast Company Profile