toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

It works great right. Every time I use it it makes me feel good. Very efficient and very recommendable to others that I know and they will love it too. The quality of the food is amazing. It taste great and has no bitter aftertaste. I feel very healthy and my energy is really high, and I feel more happy. The customer service is great. They are quick and get all my questions answered right away. They are nice and know their information. Like being a part of the family. The value is 100%. You get what you pay for and not breaking the bank either. Very inexpensive for the product you receive. That is why I keep coming back.

I started Medifast on June 27, 2015. I was in a stressful situation. I had just gone to see my sister for the last time. She had terminal brain cancer. I began my journey with Medifast when I came home and started losing weight right away. I talked to my sister and her husband weekly. The simplicity of the Medifast program made it easy to lose the weight without the added stress of meal planning, grocery shopping, cooking meals, etc. My counselor was very understanding and helpful as I lost about 2 pounds a week. I lost a total of 40+ pounds and went from a size 12 to a size 4! The Medifast program was amazing and my counselor, Hannah and everyone on the staff were very friendly and encouraging along the way! I feel a lot healthier and in control of my body. Thank you Medifast.

So I signed up for Medifast as I will be getting married and after having my baby I just cannot lose this extra weight... I've tried it all! I'd like to start by saying my counselor was amazing, very sweet, patient and informative. The woman that signed me up... not so pleasant. She was nice as she was pitching the program (I'm in sales I get it) but I saw her interact with the other girls upfront and she was rather rude.

So 1 week in I started having stomach issues. Fine I switched to whey protein. The second week I started having these intense headaches and I was super lightheaded (sometimes a side effect) but this would not subside. Long story short I was in and out of the dr with blood tests and scans as they could not figure out what was making me so sick. Turns out I had a horrible infection that spread and once the Dr narrowed this down I was informed I wasn't able to consume the Medifast products due to health issues.

I kindly replied to my counselors email explaining the situation only to be informed I would not be receiving a refund. So I've now spent $1000 dollars on a program I didn't even utilize for 30 days due to a medical issue because of the product and no refund. I was offered a low-calorie plan which was a kind gesture however, as I’ve tried it all to lose weight I have about 3 low-calorie plans I don't stick to as it is which is why I resorted to Medifast to start. I can't understand the justification for not refunding my money other than bad business!

I believe that it worked well for me. I did not like how restrictive I felt it was but the results showed for themselves. I was happy with what I saw and experienced yet I do not want to continue with it. The food quality was great. It was delicious and had a variety to choose from. I wish that I could eat more of it... is part of the problem but I enjoyed the food that I ate! I would recommend. Customer support was great. They were very kind and understanding with me. I felt very comfortable opening up and being personal with them so that they could assist me the most. I believe the value was worth the price! I know some others that I spoke to disagreed yet I enjoyed my experience for the majority and the value I believe I received was valuable!

I called customer support as directed, for an authorization to return items. I sent them back with that number clearly marked on the address label and inside the box. After not receiving the exchanges when three weeks passed I called to check on it. Customer service had no record of the return being shipped back. They suggested I try back with the Post office for them to review their receipts of that day and get me the tracking number. I was unable to do it that day but the next day I received an email from customer support saying my exchange order is ready to ship. I called and asked to have some items modified and they said that it was too late, as the shipment went already. I asked how the shipment could be out so fast when, literally, 24 hours prior I was informed that they had no record of receiving my items. Unable to answer. Makes me concerned is all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medifast?

The drink is high in protein and makes you feel very energetic. Lots of energy to get around. Not being tired or fatigue. I like it totally. It's a great food substitute for heavy food when hunger. It's good to wake up to and great to use at any time of the day. When you try it hopefully you will enjoy a great experiences and include it when you want to change or diet. It has great flavor and taste. Once you try it you can recommend it to others. It gives you a great sense of support and a sense of great energy that you need in your everyday life. You can do your morning workout by enjoying Medifast. It's something that you will learn to trust in your life. The Medifast value is something that can never be compared as being a good value. It's worth the price and it's something that you can enjoyed.

It supplies and helps my needs. It's very good, reliable, innovative, progressive, and advanced. It's a trustworthy product and the company is reputable. It nutritious. They have strong business practices. They produce strong, natural healthy products that help ensure your health. They have high standards they live up to. They are very helpful and resolve issues very fast and efficiently. They are professional and courteous. They detail-oriented and they actually care about their customers. The value of their product is very good and high. It seems to me that you actually get more than what you are paying for. Not only do they give good prices but they also give you quality.

This program was the best I have ever tried. The difference was having a health coach. The food is delicious and the results were excellent and maintainable. You eat a normal dinner every night. Your health coach keeps tabs on you and guides you along the way. I was able to lose 40 lb. in 6 months! This was done strictly for health issues and my doctor approved of the plan. I was borderline diabetic and after the plan, my numbers are normal. I read all of the plan's books so it helps you realize the importance of maintaining a healthy weight for life. There are website and FB page for support, people all across the country cheer each other on. I would highly recommend this program.

So I started this program two weeks ago and all I can say is that I am very pleased! I have a coach and she is wonderful! I do think the food in the kits is terrible and I prefer only select foods so it has been costly in the beginning but now I know what I like and I only order that. I wish there was a website where people actually posted reviews on the food so I wouldn't have to waste money buying the stuff that stinks. I have lost 8 lbs in two weeks (5 lbs the first week and 3 lbs the second). I think I would have lost more the second week but I celebrated a birthday with a wee bit of cake. ;)

I am very happy on this product. I am hoping to lose 20 lbs and then work out steadily thereafter to tone everything. I love this system. I think it's very easy to follow. It's all about how much self-discipline you have. My kids offer me a brownie, gummy bears, ice cream and I say, "No thank you". My family eats different items than myself but it is okay. You have to be strong-willed and a tough cookie! :)

The effectiveness is awesome and I would recommend it to anyone that wants to use this service and support the best industry I have used. Great food quality and service providers are awesome. I'm glad that I used this food service and it's been a great pleasure to do so. So therefore I will continue to use it. Greatest customer support and satisfaction I have ever dealt with. Great value for the money and anyone interested in this service is guaranteed to be happy with everything that it has to offer.

A great meal replacement that not only tastes good but also holds you over. I never felt hungry afterwards and it also helped curb cravings. I'd say it worked well and did its job. The quality was good. I've tried different brands that do the same thing and always felt dissatisfied afterwards with the taste and texture. Didn't have that problem with Medifast. It was good. Anytime I had any questions they were always quick to respond and help me get the answers I needed. Very responsive and I never had to wait long to get the information I needed. Of course people always want more for less money. I just think that they could do better promotions or different types of offers and what not to bring new customers in or retain the ones they have.

Works pretty well but kind of hard to stick to regularly if you are not used to dieting. Don't feel extremely hungry either in between meals when on this program. Food quality is ok. Portions are not that big but I wouldn't expect them to be huge either but a little bigger would be nice. Food tastes good though and the desserts are not bad either. I would totally recommend customer support. Very helpful and very caring and took the time to answer all of my questions and explain everything in great detail. I give Customer Service 5 stars. It was ok. The money value of the program really is not that expensive but could be a little cheaper for people who do not have a ton of money. That would be my only complaint about that.

I tried Medifast after hearing ads on the radio. The counselors were nice enough. I carefully followed the program to the letter and had very little success after the first week (about 3 pounds). The packaged food is almost inedible. Seriously, some of the most disgusting food I'd ever put in my mouth! After a summer of struggling to stay on the plan, hundreds and hundreds of dollars, and down just a few pounds, I quit! Such a miserable program! Horrendous food, very costly, total disappointment. Lost only about 12 pounds in 3 months. I figured it cost about $100/pound. Would never, ever, ever recommend!

Honestly it may have been more effective if I had used it as directed and for a longer time period. So it was probably partly my fault that I did not get the results I had hoped for. Personally for me the food was not as flavorful as I would have liked it to be which is probably for the most part why I didn't stay with it longer than I did. The customer support was satisfactory as far as I was concerned. Options were suggested to me that I decided to decline, pretty much for the reason I stated previously. I didn't care for the taste. For me personally the value wasn't that satisfactory. I honestly feel you can achieve the same goals by using other methods, probably for less expense.

The overall effectiveness of Medifast was surprising. The weight loss item really helped me lose weight, and gain the confidence I was looking for. The overall food quality for Medifast was good. The meals had a good serving and proportions for weight loss. I would highly recommend using the customer support options for Medifast. They are supportive and help customers with weight loss options and meals. The overall value is great for customers.

Medifast has been around for a number of decades, and at one time was only available via physicians. However for some years the products have been available to anyone online. Medifast offer meal replacement products typically formulated to be low-calorie and low-fat, and containing optimum levels of vitamins. The formula will generally take users into a mild state of ketosis. Another compared Medifast with diabetes medication. The study found Medifast more effective at controlling type 2 diabetes than an ADA-recommended program. One issue with Medifast is the long-term consequences especially coming off the program. The transition phase is 4-6 weeks, and starts off by introducing oatmeal at breakfast, and fruit for snacks.

I started the Medifast program in June 2013. I lost a total of 43 pounds on the program. I was on the Medifast five and one program and found that it was very easy to stay on. The Medifast life coach that I had contacted me each week and provided me with the information that I needed to continue on the program. The amazing thing about Medifast and the five and one program is that I was really never hungry. The program is set up so that you're eating low carb meals every three hours.

On the five and one program you eat five of the Medifast dietary meals and one regular meal. I think the biggest challenge to losing weight is more in your head than it is in your stomach. You have to be ready to accept a lifestyle change in order to lose weight. You can't go into the program thinking that you are going to lose weight and then go back and eat the way you did before. This is a lifestyle change and Medifast stresses that in all of their information that they provide for you.

I was a diabetic and on several medications before I started this program. I was able to get off all my medication during while on Medifast. I am currently still within 5 pounds of my lowest point in weight and still use two or three meals per day as a maintenance to keep the weight off. I would recommend the program to anybody looking to lose weight.

It worked pretty well but it was not the best that's for sure. For the first 2 weeks it was great but after that everything seemed the same. Over all it had a good effect but not the best. It was very delicious and had a good feel in my mouth, it felt great after I ate it. It did not give me any problems after I consumed it. So overall it was very good and I greatly enjoyed my experience with its quality. The customer support was good, the people were very friendly and nice. They seemed to know what they are doing and have helped me greatly. I was overall very happy and enjoyed myself with them. The value was great and a very fair price. Highly recommended for the price. It was not cheap but it was not too expensive at the same time. Overall great and fair pricing for the product.

Very helpful and hope to have it once more. Sometimes I woud like to use it once in a while so I would recommend it to other people who want it just like me and hopefully they would like it just like me. Very delicious. People all around would love to taste the wonderful food and bring joy to their day. A lot of people would love to try the new foods to bring joy. Very helpful and I would love to keep it that way. I hope that they will improve just a little bit more to get it basting with character. I hope everyone enjoys just like how I did. Very fair - I think it is one of the best value I have had and I hope they keep it that way so I want to thank them for that and I hope they keep up the awesome work.

Though it kept me from starving or caving in from hunger in moments I felt like I ate more when I finally got to eat a meal. The flavors were great and many to choose from though. The food had great taste and texture. It kept well and tasted great. There is a wide variety to choose from and you get what you pay for. They were helpful, supportive and extremely friendly, nonjudgmental and intelligent. They were well informed and knowledgeable about all the Medifast products. While it is a little pricey, especially for someone like me living on a very fixed income, in the end it is worth the money spent as it truly works - is simple and tastes great.

It provided quick and safe weight loss. The meals were tasty. I liked that it included deserts. I liked I could integrate it with real food. I liked the different flavors of shakes and the variety of bars and bakes. The turkey meatball marina was very good. The variety of snack foods was very tasty and satisfying. A Facebook friend had recommended it to me. The food journal and Medifast achieve plan guide was useful. I liked the exercise guide because it helped me formulate a plan for aerobic, low intensity and medium intensity exercise. It was very reasonably priced. I found the menu guide very helpful, as well as the other guides that were included. The healthy celebration and maintenance guides really helped.

Worked well for what it's meant to do. I was worried about other reviews that said it wouldn't. I would try again and refer family to use this. The food quality along with the variety of meals is missing the mark. I would like to see more meal options as well as a higher food quality. Have yet to deal with customer support. I have had no issues as of yet that would require me to call customer service. I had no issues with ordering. I have had a great experience thus far and will continue up to use. The value is pretty decent for what you are getting. Some may find that it is more expensive than other programs of the same type but are getting a good deal for what you are paying for. I like that I can pick what I want.

I'm giving this diet three stars because the diet WORKS. However, the food is absolutely disgusting. The only items I could stomach were the bars, shakes, and honey pretzel sticks. I felt extremely unhealthy eating this food. It is full of chemicals, preservatives, and sodium. I am normally a very healthy eater who just needed to "reset" and lose 10 stubborn pounds. Yes, this diet worked, but I dreaded mealtimes, and never felt satisfied after their food. I had very low energy for an entire week (not 2-3 days like they claim). I can't imagine how anyone with a lot of weight to lose can live through months of this diet. I practically cried at times.

I sent back almost all the food I received, in addition to one of the books. The service rep on the phone was extremely condescending and rude to me when I called to inquire about why the book wasn't credited. I can't remember the last time I spoke to someone who was so sarcastic and abrasive. They also tried charging me $14.00 to ship out a box of shake powder that weighs less than 9 oz. Be very careful signing up with them. Read the fine print. They are more than happy to try to pull a fast one if they can.

I have been on so many different programs and never have I had one work so well. I was 280 lbs in November and now 5 months later I have lost 50 lbs. I have so much energy. The program is also teaching me about healthy habits of drinking water, getting plenty of sleep, adding fun exercise to my days, and eating healthy food in my lean and great meals. High fiber and protein even give me so much energy. I can keep up with my family and I am a teacher so I need to keep up with my 28 2nd graders too. It has changed my life.

My sons, 18 and 20 years old, started the Medifast diet 5-1 plan in July and continued for 2 months. They both did well through the program, tolerated it well, and both lost about 50 lbs each which they need to lose. They both had amazing results. The diet has also taught them to eat healthy and introduced healthy foods that they did not previously like to eat. The transition period went great and now 5 months later they've probably gained 5-10 lbs but it's no surprise because they're teenagers and do like to eat junk sometimes. The 18-year-old did not strictly stick to the diet, he would cheat once in a while and introduce dairy or carbs. He was always behind the 20-year-old in losing lbs, but he still met his goal of 50 lbs loss in 2 months.

The 20-year-old followed the diet to the T and did not cheat. He also did the transition period by the book. During the transition period I noticed him weak and very thin, almost sick looking. I had asked him it was definitely time to stop, which he was in the process. After 1 month I noticed his hair in the back of his head thinning, now he is only 20 years old and very hairy, this was an abnormal reaction. I called the representative of Medifast who checked with the dietician and confirmed it could be a reaction to the trauma of losing massive amount of weight fast, and it is not permanent but temporarily. I was relieved and hoped that was the only side effect. Now keep in mind this is a healthy 20-year-old boy, who never had any illnesses in his life.

Three months after ended the Medifast diet, he fainted and was unconscious for 15 minutes. We didn't know what happened, called 911, was in the ER, did a CT scan of his brain, turned out all normal. Did bloodwork, everything ok. The only abnormal lab was his blood sugar at 60 after eating a full breakfast 1 hour before. I since have taken him to see neurologists, everything OK. Continuing to do tests, have done blood work and nothing yet. Three weeks after the incident, while at work and after 2 hours of eating dinner, he felt dizzy and blurred vision. He drank some Sprite and felt better, couldn't check his blood sugar but I assume it was so low to cause those symptoms.

The doctor has referred him to an endocrinologist which we'll go next for further testing. I am almost 100% sure he's experiencing all these symptoms due to the metabolic stress that was due to his body of losing 50 lbs in such a short time. I'm not saying Medifast is a bad diet, but it should not be done for long periods of time, or the food needs to be adjusted to not cause future health problems.

I was on the Medifast program for about 6 months. I followed it perfectly to a fault. I lost about two pounds a week, sometimes less, but consistently lost the weight. Initially, I felt great but then after 3 months, everything changed. My stomach was constantly turning and eventually the gas became so bad I couldn't do anything. It was painful, smelly and uncontrollable. I was unable to go to the gym and struggled to work but continued the diet because it was working. Next was constipation. Although I had vegetables for dinner and drank tons of water, I battled with constipation. It eventually caused an anal fissure (ripped open). I now have to take Miralax daily for the rest of my life.

This with the final straw of gobs (and I mean literally handfuls) of my hair was falling out. I was afraid to shower or brush my hair because it was rapidly falling out. I have thick long hair and it quickly became thin and stringy. I called Medifast and they denied it was their product causing my issues. They said it was from the stress of losing weight. I stopped the diet. It took my gut and hair about 6 months to recover. I did gain back all of the weight plus 42 lbs within that year. I have since been losing weight for the past year without any issues other than just feeling great and healthy.

In Nov 2014 I went to Mayo in Scottsdale for studies on becoming a donor. I passed all tests with blood levels fine, no issues found in the week long of studies. In March of 2015 I started the Medifast diet and was on it from March until about June 2015. The food was extremely horrible and made me feel so dizzy and weird. They told me to eat more protein so I did however that did not make it help very well. I chose to stop the program because I was feeling so weird all the time and just was very uncomfortable about the way the food was making me feel.

I later in June/July went to the doctor about seeking attention due to having some issues with my body and went to seek medical attention about pain. After having several blood tests done, I found out that I have a high level of Rheumatoid Arthritis in my blood and kidney issues! Now keep in mind Mayo is one of the best rated hospitals so their tests could not have been wrong. So needless to say I am with the lady that placed a rating this past December 2015 that this food is going to kill someone or probably already has. I am getting a lawyer as well and will seek Justice in this diet food that has caused me so many problems and pain that I will have to deal with for the rest of my life.

I'm wondering if there have been any lawsuits. It seems that nearly all reviews are negative. Goodness! Hair loss, dizziness, etc. I lost ten pounds. I haven't experienced these things, but I do have complaints about the Indissolvable and inedible foods. How can this be legal?

I lost 30 pounds on this diet and gained it right back after stopping the program. The bars are sweet so it doesn't really teach you good eating habits. I tried to do the diet again because I received an email with a code for $25 off. The code was accepted when I entered it and then when I went to review the order, the code had disappeared. What a joke. I canceled the order and am completely disappointed with Medifast.

I ordered a month worth of product from Medifast in late May 2015. On July 15th they charged my debit card for an additional month without authorization. They claim we signed up for auto renew each month and they shipped a box of product to the same address as the original shipment went to. What they didn't know is we sold the house and moved out 1 week after the original shipment arrived, so there is no way we would have signed up for auto renewal.

After some online investigation, it appears this is a common practice of this company, as there are many complaints very similar to mine in which they say you signed up for auto renew and just ship product then make you pay for return shipping. I am working with my bank to get over $400 dollars back but want it to be known they have some very shady business practices.

Medifast Company Profile