3.39/5

Find the right weight loss program for you

Find the right weight loss program for you

300 Medifast Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Lost 26 lbs in 8 weeks, keeping it off! December 28, 2018: My pre-OPTAVIA starting weight was 169 lbs. On Friday, November 16th, I stopped eating anything with sugar in it, and started drinking ½ my body weight in ounces of water. On November 19th I signed up to be an OPTAVIA Coach and 2 days later on November 21st I started the 5-1 Plan. 5 weeks later I weigh 148 lbs… down 21 lbs and a total of 12” (5” off my waist). I have much more energy, increased cognitive clarity, and my hips don’t ache anymore from being overweight. 18 lbs to go to hit my target “high school” weight of 130 lbs. OPTAVIA rocks!!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I Lost weight on this plan but the customer service is terrible. Optavia - The company has one major problem that forced me to leave. The people that you as a customer have access to call or contact (even 3rd tier supervisors!) have no authority to fix account issues of any kind. Several of the Optavia people I spoke to on the phone agreed to this problem and were frustrated by it as well. I’m not sure of the logic of this system. The only way for issues to be resolved is by the mysterious “resolutions team” who have no phone or email and can only contact you.

I was on the program since Early September and to its credit I did lose weight. The way it works is once a month they mail you a box of diet food for the month. The product order is created and ships within 24 hrs. My order was issued for November 22 and a charge was issued to my credit card but nothing shipped. I called a couple days after Thanksgiving to inquire why it didn’t ship. The company and was told a delay was probably due to Thanksgiving and it should ship soon.

Nothing happened I called a few days later and the agent didn’t know what was wrong or how to fix it. She only offered to have the resolution team contact me. They did not. A few days later my coach called them they still didn’t know what was wrong but issued a second order (each around 400$) without canceling the first. A few days later nothing happened. It was suggested that perhaps an item in the order was confusing the computer and a third order of different items was charged to my card. Again nothing shipped. I called again. Same story no explanation but a promise that I would be contacted. At this point there were about 1000$ of charges to my card with no explanation.

My coach called and was given a promise of a callback and an email canceling the orders. Nothing happened. I did receive an email stating that nothing should block my emails but that was all. A different agent told me that they don’t have a method of canceling orders! My coach called again and was told by a supervisor that there was a hold on my account from a prior order and I would need to call.

I called again and spoke to a supervisor. She had no explanation for why it took six or seven calls to get any information and why in three weeks of no one contacted me from the resolution team. I explained what happened with the prior order. In October an order was shipped to me but I never received it. I called Optavia about five or six times about it. I was promised that it would be looked into and I would be contacted which did not happen. On one of the last calls in October I was told I would be refunded the amount of the order that was lost and I would be contacted regarding the refund because the phone agent has no authority.

After no response from five or six calls I contacted my credit card to dispute the charge and I said I’m hoping that they will eventually get back to me and work it out somehow or at very least tell me what happened to the package. The credit card attempted to contact Optavia but they didn’t respond. After 45 days the credit card resolved in my favor. The supervisor had no explanation for why I was not contacted for the original problem. There was a record of my complaint with it but no record of a response. She promised to issue a rush response to the resolution team and they would call me in 48 hours. She also said even if I agreed to pay back the refund which I was promised she could not release my account without the resolution team.

I said, "What happens if they don’t respond in 2 days?" She said I can call back and ask for her by name in the Las Vegas office. I waited 2 days with no response. I called and asked for her but I only got a line that rang without an ability to leave a message. I called again and finally canceled and was promised a cancellation email which I still have not received. I also sent a final letter by mail to the company. I received a call from UPS several weeks later stating that the lost box was insured and that they would refund the amount to Optavia. The UPS person was surprised that the company waited several months to contact them and that they did not try to resolve the issue with me.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I tried to return some items that were horrible in taste. I had two RMAs and set both in the same package. They refunded the smaller of the two. I called and complained but they refuse to do anything to help. I have emailed and they don't respond. Worst customer service ever. The diet however works if you can stomach the horrible for. I still have about 200 dollar worth of the crap in my closet. You could save money simply doing the Keto diet that all this is the lack of calories to me gets a little unhealthy and started making me light headed at work so I stopped. With the fact I couldn't eat the cardboard anymore also help me quit.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Just sat on the phone for 30 minutes to cancel my account because they have no place on their website to do so. The food is blah so I decided to cancel in November. Couldnt reach them by phone (it was the weekend) so the most I could do was change my $329.00 order to a $19.00 one. Forgot to call to cancel in December so they sent the 19.00 order again (automatic shipment) and charged me $17.95 to ship a box of brownies. I paid a total of $60 for 2 boxes of brownies because they make canceling your account so difficult.

Finally made it through today and asked if they send any notification of the account being made 'inactive' and was told they do not. I have a feeling I am going to see another charge next month, despite my having canceled. Nothing worse than doing business with a company that PURPOSELY makes reaching them so difficult and who REFUSES to allow you to cancel via the site you signed up on.

They know the extra step of calling and waiting for 40 minutes is an inconvenience and they will get more orders (and money) for their crappy product simply by making it difficult. A company who has to manipulate its customers into continuing to buy their crap instead of creating a product that customers WANT to buy is never a good company to deal with. I will never purchase their product again. I will also never recommend their company again. As a professional blogger, that can cost them BIG.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I am so disappointed! I got SO SICK on this diet, I mean I could not leave my house because the product ran right through me! I tried it for 3 days and it made me nearly bedridden. I do not have a gallbladder, so if you do not have your gallbladder STAY AWAY FROM THIS DIET AT ALL COSTS! And to top it off, the return process has been a NIGHTMARE!!! I have been waiting for over 30 days and keep getting told that I have been escalated and to wait a few more days. Those few days have turned into weeks. Something that I had hoped would help, made me feel horrible. Such a disappointment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medifast?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I started my journey to optimal health in May 2018. I decided to begin my journey after a doctor told me that I was prediabetic and needed to go on a drug called **. As a nurse it really hit home that I needed an intervention in my own personal health to put myself back on track to living a healthy life. Fortunately my younger brother introduced me to the Optavia plan and a personal Health Coach to guide me on my journey. In just three months I had lost over 50 lbs. My blood pressure had dropped dramatically back into the good range, my arthritis in my hands and joints is virtually nonexistent. I move like a new person and my A1C has fallen back into the normal range. My most recent lab work was all back in the normal range. After years of having Drs tell me to lose weight I finally had a system and a Coach to help me get it done. After 8 months the weight is still gone and I still have the support of the OPTAVIA Community.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I lost 50lbs on this plan. It changed my life completely and I am so thankful for it. I did the program for 5 months in 2014 and lost 50 lbs. I have been able to maintain my weight loss for years by using the healthy habits I was taught by my coach. I just recently jumped back onto Optavia and have lost 7lbs in a week. I feel great and the food tastes great. I am sleeping like a baby too which is wonderful.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I called Optavia on 9/25/18 and informed them I would be returning my entire order, within the 30 day time frame and the box had never been opened, the Rep said no problem, sent me a UPS label and I dropped it off that day costing $33.23. The box was delivered on 10/1/18 and after weeks of not receiving credit, I called Optavia on Thurs. 10/18, they took my information and said the Resolution Team would be contacting me within 2 days. I also contacted my Coach, filled her in and she said she would contact them Friday morning.

She didn't call them until Sat. morning and I still haven't heard from the Resolution Team. Called again on 10/23 and asked for a Supervisor, no sup available, "Jay" assured me he sent my request to every Sup in the building and I would receive a phone call that day. NO CALL of course!!! Contacted my Coach and left an message on the website stating I would be filing complaints with the Attorney General of Maryland (company HQ, Oklahoma (my state) and Nevada where the return was shipped as well as the Consumer Protection Agency and Better Business Bureau of all 3 states. My Coach notified me today that Optavia would be processing my refund as of 11:00 a.m. today -- ALL I GOT WAS AN EMAIL STATING THEY RECEIVED MY RETURN -- STILL NO CREDIT ISSUED!!! I encourage all of you to write to the above listed offices so they can shut this company down!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

My doctor's nurse suggested I try this program and she was my coach, ha... she knew my health problems... high blood pressure, AFIB, Thyroid, my gallbladder has been removed and I have had a bowel resection! The fueling’s have soy oil as the first ingredient. If you have had your gallbladder removed you cannot tolerate soy oil, not only did I have gas, cramping a bloated stomach but diarrhea that smelled horrible and I secreted an orange oil from my anus for two weeks. Was only on the program for five days. She told me it was just my body cleaning out what needed to be cleaned out! I am now having to go to a gastroenterologist. It has gotten that bad. I cannot eat anything with soy oil... and everything almost has it. Watch the ingredients in this. It is bad, when I asked for a refund, I got a runaround. I don’t have the energy to pack it up and send pack. That is how sick I am! Beware of this diet!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Wish I had seen these before I got involved with this company. Turned out I had an allergic reaction to their food. Was assured I could return the kit for a full refund. That has turned into a huge pain! 1-2 business day my **! This company has amazing customer service when you are GIVING them money, but God forbid you attempt a refund. Daily calls (that they have no record of)... because I have nothing better to do with my time than sit on hold EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Repeatedly told the "Resolutions team" would take care of it. The "Resolution team" will be in touch. I've provided the tracking number to them daily... delivery was a week ago. Still no refund. Angry doesn't begin to express how I feel about these people.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I purchased the 5&1 program from a friend. I told them from the very beginning that I had high blood pressure but was assured by her and another coach that the Optavia products were safe for people with hypertension. Once I received a month's worth of the product, I saw that all the bars and shakes (Fuelings) are high in sodium. I consulted my doctor and he immediately told me to stop taking the products. He was shocked on how high in sodium the bars and shakes are and was told they should never have recommended this program to me. Be aware that the "coaches" are not health professionals so they are not qualified to give you medical advice and should not have told me it was safe for me to take. This is a MLM company so these "coaches" want to make money so in the end they will say what you want to hear to make a sale. Lesson learned.

According to the Optavia website, I can receive a full refund if I mail the products back on my own dime. I did so and paid extra to make sure I could track the package and receive a signature that it was received. Their website and the customer service representative who processed the product return said I should receive a full refund in 2 business days once the package is received at their warehouse. Wrong. My package arrived 9/25 and was signed by one of their employees so I know they received the package. After two business days, I call customer service to inquire about my refund. She is shocked I haven't been refunded my money since the refund should have been processed in 2 days. She contacts the warehouse and they have no record of receiving my package. In other words... the package is lost in the warehouse.

She put in a request for my package to be located and said I would receive an update in 48 hours. After 48 hours, I still have not received updates on my package. I call again today and I'm then lectured by a customer service representative that it is unrealistic for me to expect them to process my refund in 2 business days despite their website stating that 2 business days is their refund policy AND 2 other customer service representative telling me that 2 business days is their policy. Seriously... She then said since it's only been 10 business days so I should not have expected a refund to be processed any earlier than today and once it is processed, it will take an additional 7 business day for the funds to show up on my credit card.

I mentioned to her that my package still hasn't been located in the warehouse so unless it's suddenly been found, I was dubious I would have my refund processed today or any time soon. She then put in a request for the search of my package to be expedited. What a mess!!! Take my advice and avoid this company. I'm disputing the charges with my credit card company and I'm going to let them go after Optavia. Tired of getting a different answer each time I call (with really long wait times) only to still not have my refund processed. Their website says one thing and their customer service reps say something else.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I purchased a month's supply (I was told that of course, you spend more than $14/day on food. I don't, unless I go out to eat and the $14 doesn't include your lean and green.) Some of the ladies at work have been quite successful at losing weight-noticeable weight loss. I have been on it 3 days. I find that the food is all soy and within 30min by stomach/intestines are killing me. Terrible gas and I'm at work. I'm guzzling water because the food is so dry and bloating (so the water part is good). I dread the next snack. I only need to lose 10-15 lbs, but it's still very difficult. I can't stand the taste of the stevia which is over-powering in the drinks. I just don't see how you transition from this non-food to real food without gaining weight back. The woman I asked about the program wants to phone me every day with a pep talk. I'm not interested. I can read the literature, don't want the "rah! rah!". Nonsense.

Resolution response: Aug. 14, 2018

I did receive my refund on this! The wait time was longer than expected and inconvenient.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Medifast Direct - This is such an excellent program! I lost 25 pounds the first month. But I made an accidental “extra” order that was almost 500 dollars. They started the return in the phone and I sent the package immediately, never opened the box, and have communicated with them in a very nice manner every other day for about 16 days. Every time I talked to them they assured me they were taking care of it. I have never gotten my money back.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I signed up because a "friend" was doing it. It is an easy plan to follow IF your system can tolerate it. What I disliked was my "coach"/"friend" 1) did not tell me she was being paid as my coach although she wasn't qualified to be one at that point and I didn't know I was helping finance her own ability to stay on the program; 2) she told me that despite my completing a health assessment which included Hashimoto's that this diet would be fine. When I experienced gastrointestinal issues, she told me verbally that it was likely a bug I'd picked up on a recent trip and to stay on the program. I finally went to my MD with the brochure in hand and she told me to GET OFF as the program option that I was on it is filled with artificial sweeteners which is horrible for gut health.

**It can work as a complete lifestyle transformation for some but know your body first and foremost. Also know that your coaches are paid based on the number of repeat clients they have and that you should ONLY use people as your coaches who have either a master's in nutrition or at least a certification from the non Optavia certified Coaching program but from one of the nationally recognized programs not affiliated with this program for best results.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I'm a 74 yr. old male and my wife is 70. My wife wants to lose about 50 lbs. and decided to start the OptaVia program. I was only over my desired weight by 10 lbs. However, to support her, I started the program with her. After 30 Days she has lost 15 lbs and I reached my goal weight. Because of our age we are not following the 5 and 1 plan. We eat 4 OptaVia replacement meals and 2 lean and green (4 and 2 program). Aside from getting used to only eating 800 to 1000 calories and getting used to the taste, this program is easy. Buy the meal replacements and follow the plan. Currently, my wife is caring for a friend. She packed enough MRs for 3 days (easy). We keep some MRs in each car for emergencies (like when your away longer then planned).

I have dieted before and lost weight by just counting calories. I believe the majority of people who eat 800 to 1000 calories a day will lose weight. You don't need OptaVia. However, you may not be eating a healthy combination of nutrients. OptaVia MRs seem to be providing a good mix of macro-nutrients and vitamins throughout the day. In closing, here is my recommendation: Get an OptaVia coach, buy the food, read the books that come with the program, follow the plan, all the plan. Don't stop after you reach your goal weight. Transition to the lifetime plan and you won't have to restrict your body to less calories then it needs ever again.

Original review: March 24, 2018

First off, it (Optavia) only works if you follow the plan. The food is good but people need to keep in mind that these items are full of vitamins and minerals that provide you all of the nutrients that your body needs. So the food does have a vitamin/mineral like taste to it like any protein powder does. I've lost 5.4 lbs in my first week. I no longer notice the mineral taste. I've been 100% compliant to the 5:1 plan since starting. I got headaches the first few days but that went away as my body got used to the plan. My energy level went up after the 3rd day. I look forward to each fueling and my lean and green. This is a lifestyle change. If you aren't willing to make a lifestyle change this program isn't for you.

You can sign up for auto shipments which gives you some discounts and reward programs. I haven't had any issues with my orders. I even placed a second order to give myself more of an assortment. You have to go in and alter your items. If you don't do that then they will auto ship the exact items that were shipped last time. All of that was told to me by my coach and is also on the website. My coach has been awesome and is very accessible to answer any of my questions.

There are over 60 fuelings you can choose from. There are hacks you can do to enhance some of them to make them better than they are... there are so many resources available to customers. Weekly webcast, Facebook pages, Pinterest and Instagram to name a few. You have to put in the time and work if you want the program to work for you. If you fail using this program it's because you didn't follow it, utilize the resources they provide you or read the information that is available. If your ready to be committed to meeting you goals then this can definitely work for you.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I signed up for this diet plan Medifast/Optavia. Received the first month "food". Had NO communication as to how I liked the food that they had chosen for me at a 'discounted' price of $350+. I went into my account a few days before the 30 days was up to make some selections as to what I wanted (some of the foods I could not tolerate) only to find they had sent out an order of their choosing. I had no communication from them whatsoever either inquiring how I liked the product or that they had sent out an order. I want to deal with a company who respects their clients and that is not so money driven. Will keep you informed.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I have really enjoyed Medifast for the last few years and have found their website and ordering process to be quite secure. Last week I received a routine email telling me that my Medifast order would soon be on the way. I called the Tel. Number given on the email to cancel the order and was given a run around of strange requests for my Credit card, etc. I did give too much personal info and card number to an operator who sounded like she was overseas. I felt uneasy afterwards and went on Medifast website to find that the telephone number on website different from the email - the numbers had been re-arranged. The Medifast website operator said she would make a note about the number on email being wrong.

I hope she did. I canceled my credit card and am in the process of having it replaced. Please be aware of the emails sent to you from Medifast - someone purposely rearranged the Medifast phone number. Don’t make the same mistake I did. Order only from the website. This is a very careless error that compromises the consumer’s personal info.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I'm a 54 year-old male that started out weighing 287 pounds. My wife decided to give Medifast/Optavia a try and got me to try it with her. We are at the 30-day mark and I've lost almost 22 pounds while my wife has lost almost 15 pounds. I am not big on pushing diet plans, but I must say that once you get past the first few days and once you're able to narrow down the Medifast/Optavia items that 1) you like, and 2) that satisfy your hunger, this is a very easy program. My wife and I are now kind of on autopilot because we know what we like and we purchased a lot of Medifast/Optavia products to select from.

I like that Medifast took back the items we determined we didn't like and replaced them with new ones we selected. I will say that it is NOT an inexpensive diet, as the products we purchase cost more than I would have expected. Still, for us the products and results are worth the expense. So if you're looking for something to get you kick-started and you can afford the cost, I highly recommend the Medifast/Optavia plan.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I started Optavia 5 & 1 plan in late August to try to lose 20 pounds. I managed to lose 15 lbs in a month which is great results. It was simple to follow and overall easy compared to other diets. The website is not very user-friendly and food is overpriced. The problem is that most of the food has cardboard taste but still edible. Lean and green meal was only meal I truly enjoyed. After a month I was bored with food selection and not a lot of options more than bars for people on the go without microwave or blender to use.

The biggest issue for me is that I found a live bug in my pancake package that was sealed inside. I contacted the company and was assured they had pest control and it couldn't possibly be true. Being called a liar by an organization whose products you purchased for a month because they don't want to take accountability for a possible glitch is not a great feeling. I can't support a company that has poor customer service.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I have been on the program for 3 weeks, and I have lost 40 lb. Other than the first 3 or 4 days, which is a period of transition, I have had no hunger. Some of the food doesn't taste good, but 75% of it is good. I have had no cravings except for two nights for a couple of hours, more mental than physical. I went in through Take Shape for Life what's Medifast to take advantage of the free life coach, so far so good. That held my hand the first five days when I needed them. And now I am just coasting down, many, many, many helpful videos. So yes I will absolutely be recommending that to three of my friends once I get down further and further verify this success that I've had so far. By the way, this is the first time that I have had success like this in my adult life and I am 56 years old and I have tried every product and program out there.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

One of my friends who is a doctor encouraged me to consider Medifast a long time ago. Since it had a great reputation, I decided to order from them. Since then, Medifast has helped me reach my weight loss goals. Initially, it was a challenge because I was changing lifestyle patterns. Still, I've lost 50 pounds at this point. I need to lose another 15 and I'm finding it a bit harder because I'm not exclusively eating Medifast Food. Overall, using Medifast was a good experience.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

A conversation with a friend of their experience made me try Medifast. The first week is a mental challenge because of being in a certain pattern of eating. I had to adjust the lifestyle where I stopped going to lunch with people. I would have a coffee or a piece off of lunchtime, so it's rearranging life, but after that first week, it was very easy. I did exactly what they said to do and in the course of about three and a half months, I lost 53 pounds. They helped me achieve that in an extraordinary way. I feel fantastic and sleep like a rock. Also, everyone I talked to at Medifast has been fantastic. I only had a few interactions with them, but they've been very helpful. I'm very thankful for the product and for them helping me in the process because it helped me sort out food, health and habits. It's been a blessing to my life and the experience has been outstanding and life-changing.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I saw a video on YouTube of someone reviewing their experience with Medifast. It seems like a way that I could cut back on calories but still get the nutrition that I needed because it had all the vitamins and minerals. My experience going through the diet started off well and I was surprised by how good a lot of the meals tasted. But then as the diet progressed, it got really monotonous eating the same things over and over. I didn't experience any more weight loss with this program than I would if I just changed my diet. I think the results are overstated in a lot of the publicity and that was the biggest drawback for me. I really like that it was convenient, but it wasn't quite what I expected. The only interaction I had with the team was when I called to stop my subscription, and they were very helpful.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I want to work through a program where I don't have to make decisions and just have to follow it and the food that's sent. I'm always on the road so I also like that it was just things I can throw in my bag or in my suitcase when I fly. It's really hard for me to work on losing weight when I'm always on the road and I might have to book a flight and go somewhere the next morning. I'm just kind of never prepared with meals.

And probably the toughest part is the social events during travel. People want to do lunch together and things like that and it's tough trying to figure out how to handle things in those cases. So I don't follow the program purely. I'm trying to work with people in network so I would go ahead and have lunch with them and I'll try to do something healthy. And the fact that I'm doing Medifast the rest of the time makes me motivated too when I am doing that meal on my own, to make it be a healthy choice, I'm not undoing the work that I've been doing and then kind of get back on it.

I called customer service once to cancel or pause my order because when I started ordering things I didn't actually start the diet till later so I actually had a stockpile of three boxes. They're very helpful and one thing I really appreciated is that there was no push back. Nobody gave me a hard time and tried to sell me something else. In my life weight will always be a struggle and I kind of accept that I'm going to have periods where I do well and periods where I need to get back on the wagon and I do like doing structured programs like this occasionally. And so having an experience like that makes me more open to doing it again. If I know that I can do it and I can shut it off whenever I want and nobody's going to give me a hard time. I was trying to get my dad to do it too and he's in a different state. We could both do it at the same time. It's not a difficult program to follow.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I was a Medifast user before and I was a returning customer. I had them due to medical reasons. It was recommended by my doctor. The first time I used them the diet was easy and fast. For a while I felt very good using it then I had a medical procedure and I have to stop. I was also traveling out of the city for a long time and when I came back my next order was due and my previous order wasn't even opened. But I plan to come back at some point. It has definitely been a positive experience. If it wasn't, I won't come back.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Medifast was suggested by our primary physician. It seemed like an easy way to lose weight. The difficult part for me with every diet is to figure out what I can eat. With Medifast, that decision was easy to make and that's why we chose it. I order online and everything arrives on time. The diet is reasonable. I love it. The meal bars can be used for snacking and it’s good tasting so I like it. When I first tried it nine years ago, it worked very well. I lost 50 pounds and my husband lost 90. So, it was very good. But lately, I was out of control. In order for this to work, it’s helpful if you can make it the most important thing for you to lose weight and it should take priority over everything. We lost a lot of weight after this and then we gained again two years after that. We tried several times and without so much success. If you try to do it just hoping that eating the meal will help, it's not working. It needs dedication very much.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I wanted to lose weight quickly and I wanted it to be easy. I didn’t want to weigh and measure things and try to figure out what to eat and what not to eat. I wanted it to be simple which it was. I stopped using Medifast for a while because of personal things and now I’m back on it again and I’ve lost 33 pounds already. I was hungry at first but I've been feeling better for a long time. I know when it’s time to eat because I start to get hungry and I eat every two hours because you eat five of their meals and then the lean green. I could do it all myself and I didn’t have to worry about going to meetings and weighing myself in front of other people. The plan was perfect for what I wanted.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Medifast was convenient and I finally lost some weight. When I started the program, I did a month’s worth of meals. I didn’t do great the first week or so but this changed over time. Then I experienced an increase in energy and I felt full throughout the day and more positive. The Medifast representatives have all been helpful but the website ordering was a pain. So, in some cases, I called in and placed my order over the phone, which was a lot easier and more convenient.

In ordering, I had two options — to do the automatic renewal program where they automatically send you another order every month, which was more convenient, or to place your order every month manually either on the website or by calling in. Medifast gives discounts to people who do the monthly automatic renewal, but not to those who choose not to have it. The program works well but the products are overpriced. There have been some months when I wanted to order from them but I didn’t have the budget to do so, and this threw me off my weight-loss goals. They could do more in offering customer loyalty discounts to people who have been using Medifast for years now.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I travel for a living so I don’t have the option to buy groceries and cook for myself. When I first started doing Medifast years ago, it helped me achieve my weight loss goals. It's good when you use it but you really have to do what it says - five meals a day and eat your one lean and two greens. However, I have children now so I'm eating behind them or eating what they want which is not always the healthiest.

Medifast Company Information