Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.34/5

Medifast Reviews

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

This program helped me lose the last stubborn 10-15 stubborn lbs I couldn’t lose no matter what. 2 months in, I was beyond my goal. The fuelings are mostly tasty and easy to prep. I prefer the bars, shakes, puddings, and cookies, over the soups, pastas, and biscuits. The program is mostly intuitive and easy to follow. The community and free coach is a nice touch and helps one to stay accountable.

My issue is with the MLM, pressure to “become a coach” once you’ve been on and see results. The coaches get a kickback for not only every client sign on, but for clients to also turn coach. You’re promised to make 5-6 figures a month, but what they don’t tell you is you have to live, breathe, eat, ** Optavia everything in the process! Your social media is urged to become business platforms and they train you to gently solicit all of your friends, family members, strangers, children, etc.

The top earners are in the 1-2% and those earning ZERO are 30% of all coaches. You can google this info online. Some of the coaches are fanatical and drain everyone with their daily 3x3x3 posts and other people’s Optavia success stories. It almost seems like a cult how sweet and caring everyone is until they get you on board. Then you’re scrambling and stressing all day/every day to “gain clients” somehow by being very evasive. They don’t want you to even say the word “Optavia” on any of your social media posts, even though it can easily be googled by reading the fine-print disclaimer on every before/after photo of clients.

My review is praising the program itself. It works if you follow it to a T. Weight is lost quickly but yet not so quickly where you are left with loose skin and stretch marks. It’s just that the coaching aspect and pressure is not worth it. Just do the program and do away with coaching aspect unless you work at a gym and have access to multiple interested people where you can sustain a decent side income through it.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I have been a Medifast (or whatever name they're going by now) client for 10 years. I am not a fan of auto-reorder as my choices change each time, so I have ONLY checked 'one time' order each time. Now, without any notice, I am receiving a box, same order as two months ago, every 4 weeks. I DID NOT want a box every 4 weeks because I am not using the food that fast. Attempts to reach customer service are futile. You cannot remove your credit card info., you cannot remove your address, returns are expensive and refunds take forever, and unsubscribing from auto-reorders are sketchy as it appears I will be sent another box. This is simply a money grab and fraud. Sad to say, this company needs to be investigated further. Changing your name to Optavia or Levia won't hide your crimes.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I began using Medifast/Optavia a few years ago and am pleased with the weight loss. I still use the product whenever my weight goes up a pound or two. That said, their customer service is a dreadful scam. This past month, I wanted to change my order, but when I tried to reach them by phone on a Sunday, I was told the office was closed and I should go to their website, which I did. I knew the order was supposed to ship on Monday, so I sent an email through the website, asking them to hold off on the order until I could reach them. I called on Monday morning and was told the order had already been shipped. They found my email message, but very nastily informed me that emails take 48 HOURS to be seen--a notice that appears nowhere on the site. They told me my order was shipped at 3am on Monday and that I was being charged for it. I'm going to look for a better way to deal with a few extra pounds now and then.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Auto shipment is a trap. You cannot cancel. They send notification on Sun and ship early Mon. The notification is an email you cannot respond to. It includes a reference number they cannot use to look up your order. Even if you respond in time, they do not take action. I cancelled my order on Sun within 5 minutes of getting an email saying it would be shipped soon. Mon I got notification it was shipped and it arrived on Tues.

They do not respond to emails except to tell you to call customer service. That created the worst customer service experience I have had in many years. I spent 10 minutes on hold before spending a half hour speaking to someone who must have learned customer service at Trump U. I was called a liar and worse before she approved my return. But that didn't end it. That just meant she transferred me to her supervisor. That is when I gave up speaking to them and contested the charge with my credit card company. However, the credit card company did create resolution. The food is meh for diet food. I was hungry on the diet. Don't buy unless you like spending for nothing and being abused for it.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I placed an order with Medifast and found out a month later that they had enrolled me in an automatic re-order program. They sent me an email saying that my order was ready to ship and I immediately replied that I didn't order it and didn't want it. They said they couldn't cancel the order and shipped it anyway. I told them to remove my credit card from their files. They said they cannot do that. So when the order shows up they will charge me $15 for refusing it or I will pay shipping cost both ways. It's a no win scenario for me. BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medifast?

Original review: May 22, 2019

I had a fraudulent activity on my cc from this company and then was told that I would have to pay to ship it back to them when I never ordered anything to begin with. I reported the activity to my cc company and am having the transaction disputed. How is this company stealing my information and from where?

Original review: May 19, 2019

I have a super coach, I read the book that I received by Dr. **, followed the plan, and have had super results. The meals provided made it easy for me to eat fortified foods while losing weight and creating new habits for total health. I am super excited that I was able to get on the right path for health. Totally worth it.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I had friends who have had great success in losing weight so.. I ordered. The bars were good but all foods are basically MREs. Sorry but losing weight eating several grainy bars a day isn’t my idea of health. And the food was GROSS!!!! Coaches in the area weren’t able to give much advice. So I tried calling to see my options. After being on hold for an hour on 3 separate occasions before finally getting live person.. I was done! So asked to cancel and luckily had read about requesting the Return #, which is required on the return shipment, because she didn’t provide it until asked.

She was suppose to email a return label and mentioned it would go to Maryland. I never got the email. (shocker!) So has to call back several times and wait for hours to get a human, only to request the same action the prior employee was supposed to complete. She was great and emailed it right away but her label showed an address in Nevada... At this point, I am convinced they were hoping I sent it to the wrong location so they could blame me later and say I was outside the 30 day window. I emailed several times asking what address was correct. I only got responses saying my technology request was being processed.

I am still receiving these automated emails about some technology request in process. It’s NOT a technology request. It’s a simple question- Do customer return items to Maryland or Nevada?! I mailed it to Nevada, as I could print the email proving they informed me to... I confirmed they received my return yet, wait for it... CRICKETS on my refund. This company is awful. Won’t be shocked if they have a class action soon...

Original review: April 22, 2019

I have never had such a horrific experience with a company like this before. I read the glowing reports about needing a coach in order to resolve issues. Coaches have no authority for refunds or orders. I do not need or want a coach. I just want to return product that I never ordered. The emails and phone calls are completely ignored. The web system to log in does not work (authentication is broken). The renew password system does not work, and the two numbers that I called (12 times now) place me on hold for 15 to 60 minutes without any hope that someone is going to pick up on the call.

I have a shipment sitting on the floor never opened and I cannot find a way to return it. I don't want to risk losing another $450. The recent positive comments here indicating an IT change as an excuse are simply unacceptable. I am going have to close my bank account in order to prevent another fraudulent charge by this company. All I want is an RMA and a full refund. Not an unreasonable expectation.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I have been waiting for a refund for 2 months and still getting the runaround. You can't speak to their accounts payable department, they say they don't even know the number. Asked to be transferred to a supervisor and was cut off!

Medifast Company Information