Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.30/5

Medifast is ideal for dieters who haven’t gotten results from a traditional healthy meal plan or are considering surgery to achieve weight loss. Medifast is a simple weight loss program that features five meal replacement items and one meal per day. It includes options for support through support groups and health coaches.

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Medifast Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medifast?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medifast?

Original review: April 5, 2019

Ok 1200 dollars later 3 months and not a single inch or pound actually I gained weight. So buyer beware. They swindle you into this and post pictures of people who lost but won’t let you talk to them on their experience. I want my money back. A total SCAM!

Original review: April 2, 2019

Hi everyone, FULL DISCLOSURE: I am an Optavia client & coach. Optavia did an IT platform change in February to enable them to be able to handle company growth as they go global sometime this year. I read through a lot of these complaints and my 1st thought is, who are your coaches? Never call Optavia. Your coach is your personal front door to the company. Make them be on hold for 3 hours. (P.S. Your coach can ask their Global sponsor to call in on their line and the wait is much less!)

Here is what I've had happen in the past 8 weeks: 1. Orders taking up to 2 weeks to ship. Yikes! Definitely not the norm in my 4 years with the company. Typically it is 5-7 days. 2. Orders being incorrect. Too many items, too few items, etc. 3. Double charge on a credit card (this has now be resolved by their tech dept). 4. Another coach's client's order being placed under my account (yah, serious headache guys). 5. Clients being locked out of their account and unable to call in to change their orders due to long hold times and it processes anyway. Yep, I feel your frustration. 6. Client being over drafted in their account due to Optavia double charge or inability to log in and cancel an order in time. Yep, that sucks too. In all cases, I have sent an email---absolutely ZERO response from the company (besides the auto email saying, we have received...).

In all cases, I was able to contact my Global sponsor and every issue was handled that day and within 15 min or less. Here are some of the resolutions I was able to get: A. Wrong box of fuelings ordered? No problem, keep it and we will resend your order for free. B. Missing items. Not a problem, items resent and received within 2 days, PLUS 3 bonus boxes of fuelings for the inconvenience. Yep, so true... ask your coach. C. Over drafted due to double charge? Charge removed immediately. 3 boxes sent out of client choice for free. Client called bank and explained and overdraft fees were removed (this was with Chase bank).

Every single issue resolved with professionalism and care. You just need to be able to reach them. Please call your coach--it is their job, not your's. Don't waste your time or frustration. All of these reviews are true--I am sure of it! Here's the deal, Optavia helped me lose 165 lbs and is teaching me to keep it off with community support and mindset education--no one has this element. The program works. Customer Service is a complete cirrus temporarily, but they are working out the kinks so use your coach for a stress free experience! There's no fraud here! Let your coach handle your issues. Peace!

Original review: March 30, 2019

MY CC was charged, I paid expedited shipping - no order. I've tried contacting them via phone (on hold for literally hours - never got an answer). Tried the web form. Never got a real response just the canned email saying they would reply in two days. Nope. Tried social media. Nothing. They do not answer the phone or respond at ALL. I have been trying for over 2 weeks to reach someone. This company used to be good. Not sure what happened. This is not acceptable. Do not trust.

Original review: March 25, 2019

On March 21, 2019 I was sent a box of food from Medifast. I am currently in chemotherapy for a recent breast cancer diagnosis and on a strict diet, so I was shocked to have received this preservative-laden box of junk. I immediately checked my credit card statement and noticed the charge, called my bank to cancel my credit card and report the fraud. Now I am trying to return this garbage and unable to speak to a representative. FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I placed my first order and did not see anything about an auto renew feature. I was surprised 30 days later when I received a notification that my credit card had been charged for another shipment. I immediately tried to call to stop the shipment and found in my profile where I could delete the auto renew. I have been trying for over 2 weeks to reach someone. They do not answer the calls, I have been on hold for over an hour with each call and there have been many. I have sent emails that get a response stating they will respond within 1-2 business days. I have yet to receive a reply. I have sent FB messages and finally filled a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. None of that has worked. If you decide to place an order, you need to be EXTREMELY careful as their practices are deceitful and their customer service is the absolute worse I have ever experienced. No one has time to be on hold for HOURS and never get an answer.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I began my experience in Feb and decided upon tasting the food that this was too high priced to accept and that would not be a plan that I would stick to. I was on the phone for over an hour the first time I called to return the shipment of $332 and to cancel my account to just receive another email the next week stating the next shipment was being billed and shipped for another total of $400. At that point I was told there was no way to stop would have to wait and receive. Just spent another 1 hr and 20 min on hold to return this shipment. The woman I spoke with was very rude and unprofessional and could not guarantee this would not happen again. Stated it would take up to 10 days to have return labels emailed to me to return the shipment. After returning the box it will take another 7-10 days to get a refund of the full amount returned to my bank account. This is totally ridiculous in this day and time.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I started OPTAVIA at the highest weight I’ve ever been 310lbs. I’m a 58 year old female. I began my OPTAVIA journey by calling a Facebook friend in Nov/2018 who had pictures of before and after weight loss pictures of all ages of people on her profile. Turns out she was a coach for OPTAVIA. I started the program the last week of Nov/18 and I haven’t looked back. Is the food good? Well, the first week or two I would say it didn’t taste “good” because my taste buds were familiar with sugar, fat, butter & all that tastes rich! But after losing 15lbs after my first two weeks I changed my attitude. I began to enjoy the shakes the most! As well as the convenience of tearing open a protein bar, or shake package! I LOVE IT.

It is now 3 weeks into March so in 16 weeks I have lost 60lbs! THIS PROGRAM WORKS. Also the two times I called customer service for help - both ladies were kind and they helped me save money both times by considering things on my account and announcing, “I can give you a discount - doing it this way!” I call that amazing and friendly service. I have about 50 more lbs to lose and can happily say this was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made for my health.

Original review: March 19, 2019

My stolen credit card was used in some fraudulent charges which one of them was Optavia. I tried on 5 different days to reach them by phone to rectify my unauthorized charge and each time after an hour I was disconnected. 3 times by phone and 2 times I was disconnected by a woman. No response to my email either. Bad customer service. Makes it hard to correct something you did not do in the first place. I did report all charges as fraudulent and deactivated the card. It would be nice to be able to reach customer support. Beware!

Original review: March 19, 2019

I began my journey April 1, 2017. By October 16, 2017 I had lost 93 lbs. It was mostly fat. I began exercising midway through. My coach, the books, the friends, the fuelings, a new mindset. Thank you.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I first started the program as a client of course and yes the program helped me lose weight. However, once I became a coach, it was ridiculous. I submitted a request more than 6 weeks ago and still no follow through. I called and was placed on multiple long wait times only to be disconnect from the call 60 mins into my hold! They don't care about your health or well being, as long as you keep signing people up and they make money. I would never refer any friends or family to start Optavia. I have been left with nothing but dislike for Optavia.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I just started the program and missing a ton of stuff in my first order of over $600! I waited on hold over an hour and half two times trying to reach the company just to finally be disconnected. They make it so hard to reach it is very frustrating. So far I think the products are good but the service under their new program. Optivia is horrible.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I had been using Medifast products for 5 years and originally it was a great company with a nice selection of products and it was easy to reach them for advice and ordering. Now since it went over to Optavia it has gone downhill. They send the wrong products or don't fulfill my order. They will not respond to my emails nor can I reach them by phone. They have reduced the products from their original choices to a limited amount, while the prices went up. If I can ever contact anyone I will drop out of this program. New buyers beware! What was once a good company is no longer worth the money.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Updated on 7/11/2019: This is a followup to my post of March 6 and to the many complainers since then who have detested the horrible ordering tactics Octavia has been undertaking. Apparently it's not corrected. I think the change in name to Octavia (from just Medifast) was was a hyped up plan to make Wall Street think it had revolutionized this industry. For a while it seemed to work. But I thought it was just just smoke and mirrors. I quit them then but was too timid to short their stock due to the lack of liquidity. I think the market has discovered this (see MED on stock exchange). Whooooosh! I don't wish them bad luck because I never disliked the product--it just became impossible to deal with them.

Original Review: I've been with Medifast (now OPTAVIA recently) for about 6 years. I now have been using their products for occasional meal replacement instead of veering off to BK or McDonalds. Happy with products, having rejected some of the bad tasting ones by trial and error. My complaint is their new website operation. I have always been able to choose my desired products and indicated a desired ship date. They would give me email notices 7 and 4 days prior to shipment in case I wanted to make ANY changes. This is important because they will auto-ship +one month in the future the same products. This has been no issue because if I wanted to move further out the ship date there was an edit order link to do so.

NOT so now. On Feb 27 I got an email at 3 am stating they were processing my order that day. There WAS NO advance notice. I wasn't even aware of the looming date (but that has always been MY responsibility, which I'm willing to accept). They offer reduced/no shipping fee if you spend enough often enough. I tried to cancel the order but of course it was too late. Being in contact with my credit card company I was aware of the charge +2days from notice. And I decided to not un-authorize the charge because (primarily from responders on this site) the Return process looks to be a nightmare and probably results in no refund.

WORSE YET: The OPTAVIA website no longer allows changes to orders, either product selection or date change. Oh I know the link is on the Dashboard page but it will not advance when selected; you get a circle with a diagonal line through it. A phone call to Customer Support (and it does not matter what phone numbers you can dig up for OPTAVIA or Medifast. They all are BUSY SIGNALS--always). One number I got through my broker said, "Your call is important to us" and I waited 30+ min before giving up.

I did get a delayed email response to a website inquiry just informing me to use the Edit link to change order, of course that didn't work. Oh and that they would "probably" send me a postage paid return slip if I wanted to return the shipped order. But I didn't trust that process. SO, unfortunately, because there's very spotty/useless communication, unacceptable activities going on with their website about orders, and no longer any notices about upcoming shipments immediately before shipping so client has chance to make modifications, and no way to cancel relationship, it seems the only way to stop this madness is to tell my credit card company to "un-authorize" this vendor; which I have done (sadly).

Original review: March 5, 2019

This was a good company for satisfaction when it was Medifast BUT Optavia is BAD. I cancelled my February order yet Optavia had put a hold on my bank account for the order amount. They then shipped the order after I had cancelled. They do not respond on their NEW and improved (?) website and they do not answer their phone. I called my coach and she said to send it back but I needed to pay shipping back. I will not pay $20.00 each way in shipping. I have called 5 times and am on hold > 45 min each time with no answer. They do not respond to "contact us" on their website either even afer 5 attempts. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I never leave reviews but I feel this is too important and I need to share my experience with weight loss hopefuls. I was on this diet for three weeks and I regret every minute of it. First, the gastrointestinal issues this diet causes are awful. At first I thought the food was cleaning out my system but the problem persisted. Then the skin pain/sensitivity started. I thought I was dehydrated so I drank even more water. After 100 oz of water per day wasn’t working I realized dehydration wasn’t the issue either.

Then the itchiness started. It was almost unbearable. My coach told me to stop eating the foods I was eating most frequently and try something different to see if that helps. It didn’t. No one told me if you have had your gallbladder removed this diet may not be suitable. Now I’m suffering the consequences. Going for an mri tomorrow. Sorry for the “cliff notes” version but I hope you all get the jist! Do your homework and pay attention to the reviews. I wanted to believe in this so badly. Just not worth it.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I've been on this 5 & 1 plan for three weeks now and I've lost 16 pounds so far. My goal is 90 pounds. Most people who look at this and write a negative review I believe look at this as a diet. It's not a diet, it's a change of habits. And the key I found is you've got to read the book at least the first 5 to 6 chapters. You'll understand why we struggle with our weight gain and loss. How the food industry works against you to get you addicted and buying more food than you need. Once you understand the science behind the scenes it is a lot easier to go on the plan and stay on the plan. The food is fine, I've only found one item I didn't like. Mark Twain said it best. "The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like and do what you'd rather not."

If you have weight issues and are on a bunch of meds this program works! Maybe some of the food tastes "yucky" to you. But think about it. You got overweight by eating all the sweet and really tasty food. So you got to ask yourself do I want to continue the way my life is and take medications and eat the food I want. Or do I want to be rid of my medications and be the person that I want and for that I will forgo the things I like. Remember for most of us it's a lifestyle change.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I dropped weight quickly and was excited at first. I saw health improvements in my blood pressure, and again I was excited about it. Now the bad news, the longer I stayed on it, the more damage I did to my body in other areas. My testosterone tanked, my skin started having sore like patches, and even though I was losing weight, I didn’t realize at the time that my body was dumping muscle. As other reviews have stated, if these “coaches” are just in it to help you get healthy, then why make money off of me signing up under you. They use nice words to make you feel good about what you’re doing. I know other people doing this plan now and I see them going through the same things I went through.

Excited about weight dropping, but they have no legs. They look like they have chicken legs, and it’s not from just losing fat. Lots of muscle has been dumped. As soon as I stopped this plan, my skin cleared back up, unfortunately I am now having to get testosterone and I am doing weight training trying to build back muscle that I have lost. I have now learned that losing that muscle has actually dropped my metabolism and now it would be even harder to keep off fat, as this happens with most diets. As most doctors say, take the slow way, about 2 pounds a week. Keeping it simple by watching calories is the best for your body, cardio is good for you, but weight training helps build a metabolism that will burn more so you don’t have to eat like a bird to stay lean, unless that is what you like to do.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Food is yucky. I spit out almost everything I tried. The brownies and cookie mix are very difficult to mix and put into the provided paper dish. Very messy. I can't believe I spent that much money for this. I'm throwing most of it away. The snack bars are okay but the rest taste really bad.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I cannot believe this is a publicly traded company that boasts about a Forbes rating. Their systems and customer service policies are less than a zero. They have no flexibility, they can't resolve issues, they can't amend orders, they can't change a shipping address if you catch a typo 30 seconds after placing it, they BLAME everything on the fact that 'their systems won't let them make changes' - they do not return calls when escalation to a supervisor is requested...their product is ok but their interface with their customers is infuriating and said plainly SUCKS. I can't believe their investors don't demand they address these issues.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Lost 26 lbs in 8 weeks, keeping it off! December 28, 2018: My pre-OPTAVIA starting weight was 169 lbs. On Friday, November 16th, I stopped eating anything with sugar in it, and started drinking ½ my body weight in ounces of water. On November 19th I signed up to be an OPTAVIA Coach and 2 days later on November 21st I started the 5-1 Plan. 5 weeks later I weigh 148 lbs… down 21 lbs and a total of 12” (5” off my waist). I have much more energy, increased cognitive clarity, and my hips don’t ache anymore from being overweight. 18 lbs to go to hit my target “high school” weight of 130 lbs. OPTAVIA rocks!!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I Lost weight on this plan but the customer service is terrible. Optavia - The company has one major problem that forced me to leave. The people that you as a customer have access to call or contact (even 3rd tier supervisors!) have no authority to fix account issues of any kind. Several of the Optavia people I spoke to on the phone agreed to this problem and were frustrated by it as well. I’m not sure of the logic of this system. The only way for issues to be resolved is by the mysterious “resolutions team” who have no phone or email and can only contact you.

I was on the program since Early September and to its credit I did lose weight. The way it works is once a month they mail you a box of diet food for the month. The product order is created and ships within 24 hrs. My order was issued for November 22 and a charge was issued to my credit card but nothing shipped. I called a couple days after Thanksgiving to inquire why it didn’t ship. The company and was told a delay was probably due to Thanksgiving and it should ship soon.

Nothing happened I called a few days later and the agent didn’t know what was wrong or how to fix it. She only offered to have the resolution team contact me. They did not. A few days later my coach called them they still didn’t know what was wrong but issued a second order (each around 400$) without canceling the first. A few days later nothing happened. It was suggested that perhaps an item in the order was confusing the computer and a third order of different items was charged to my card. Again nothing shipped. I called again. Same story no explanation but a promise that I would be contacted. At this point there were about 1000$ of charges to my card with no explanation.

My coach called and was given a promise of a callback and an email canceling the orders. Nothing happened. I did receive an email stating that nothing should block my emails but that was all. A different agent told me that they don’t have a method of canceling orders! My coach called again and was told by a supervisor that there was a hold on my account from a prior order and I would need to call.

I called again and spoke to a supervisor. She had no explanation for why it took six or seven calls to get any information and why in three weeks of no one contacted me from the resolution team. I explained what happened with the prior order. In October an order was shipped to me but I never received it. I called Optavia about five or six times about it. I was promised that it would be looked into and I would be contacted which did not happen. On one of the last calls in October I was told I would be refunded the amount of the order that was lost and I would be contacted regarding the refund because the phone agent has no authority.

After no response from five or six calls I contacted my credit card to dispute the charge and I said I’m hoping that they will eventually get back to me and work it out somehow or at very least tell me what happened to the package. The credit card attempted to contact Optavia but they didn’t respond. After 45 days the credit card resolved in my favor. The supervisor had no explanation for why I was not contacted for the original problem. There was a record of my complaint with it but no record of a response. She promised to issue a rush response to the resolution team and they would call me in 48 hours. She also said even if I agreed to pay back the refund which I was promised she could not release my account without the resolution team.

I said, "What happens if they don’t respond in 2 days?" She said I can call back and ask for her by name in the Las Vegas office. I waited 2 days with no response. I called and asked for her but I only got a line that rang without an ability to leave a message. I called again and finally canceled and was promised a cancellation email which I still have not received. I also sent a final letter by mail to the company. I received a call from UPS several weeks later stating that the lost box was insured and that they would refund the amount to Optavia. The UPS person was surprised that the company waited several months to contact them and that they did not try to resolve the issue with me.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

After reading many other reviews, both good and bad, I wanted to weigh in on the Optavia plan. I have been overweight/obese for most of my life. However a few years ago I crossed into morbidly obese. I also had diabetes and severe asthma plus a bunch of lesser things. I wore an insulin pump. I took lots of inhalers, pills, nebulizer etc. for my asthma. I was very sick and depressed. My grandson was complaining that I wasn't doing things with him because I felt sick all the time. I was terrified of surgery for so many ways but especially because I knew too many failures and too many that didn't lose as much as I needed to anyway.

Enter Optavia. After 18 months, I stopped take insulin and became diet controlled. My asthma is still a problem, but I am taking half or less of the meds I took. Other things also resolved or improved, AND I am down by 185 pounds!!!! In other words I go to normal stores and buy normal clothes. There are many things I could complain about. I have a lot of nutrition education. I have a degree in biology. I was an EMT. I disagreed with some of the rules and had research to back it up. I did not like the food. I could go on and on. But I was desperate and headed for an early grave.

Here are the pluses- did I mention I lost 185#? The Optavia program works. Period. I don't need to love my food. I need to eat to sustain my body. I can other things and I can eat to live. Most of the food is ready to eat or almost ready. Add 3 T water into provided disposable dish, microwave for 1 min, cool, and eat. Or tear open the wrapper on a bar. After a while some of the food will seem tasty. The food on Optavia is healthy. No artificial stuff. It is sweetened with stevia. Each fueling contains carbohydrates, a bit of fat, carbs, protein, and fiber. They also are fortified with many vitamins and a probiotic. So this is easy and keeps me out of the kitchen which is one way to eat less.

The coach and other materials are a big key to success. My coach kept me on track. Not through keeping track of my compliance but on meeting my goals and not giving up. She allowed me to work the program in my way, but encouraged me to make choices that would lead to success. I have been in transition for about 5 weeks, and I have not gained weight overall.

Yes it is expensive. So are insulin, inhalers, other drugs, sickness, special equipment, even with good insurance. Yes I could go on a keto diet on my own. I have been on many diets and had success. But with this I don't have to plan to make special diet meals. I don't have to do much or any work to eat. Some people are upset that the coaches get paid from the food you buy. As frugal as I am - and frugality can equal weight gain- losing the weight is saving me a lot of money so far. I don't want to ever do this program again! But I am glad I did. I would recommend it to anyone whose doc will OK the program.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I tried to return some items that were horrible in taste. I had two RMAs and set both in the same package. They refunded the smaller of the two. I called and complained but they refuse to do anything to help. I have emailed and they don't respond. Worst customer service ever. The diet however works if you can stomach the horrible for. I still have about 200 dollar worth of the crap in my closet. You could save money simply doing the Keto diet that all this is the lack of calories to me gets a little unhealthy and started making me light headed at work so I stopped. With the fact I couldn't eat the cardboard anymore also help me quit.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Just sat on the phone for 30 minutes to cancel my account because they have no place on their website to do so. The food is blah so I decided to cancel in November. Couldnt reach them by phone (it was the weekend) so the most I could do was change my $329.00 order to a $19.00 one. Forgot to call to cancel in December so they sent the 19.00 order again (automatic shipment) and charged me $17.95 to ship a box of brownies. I paid a total of $60 for 2 boxes of brownies because they make canceling your account so difficult.

Finally made it through today and asked if they send any notification of the account being made 'inactive' and was told they do not. I have a feeling I am going to see another charge next month, despite my having canceled. Nothing worse than doing business with a company that PURPOSELY makes reaching them so difficult and who REFUSES to allow you to cancel via the site you signed up on.

They know the extra step of calling and waiting for 40 minutes is an inconvenience and they will get more orders (and money) for their crappy product simply by making it difficult. A company who has to manipulate its customers into continuing to buy their crap instead of creating a product that customers WANT to buy is never a good company to deal with. I will never purchase their product again. I will also never recommend their company again. As a professional blogger, that can cost them BIG.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I am so disappointed! I got SO SICK on this diet, I mean I could not leave my house because the product ran right through me! I tried it for 3 days and it made me nearly bedridden. I do not have a gallbladder, so if you do not have your gallbladder STAY AWAY FROM THIS DIET AT ALL COSTS! And to top it off, the return process has been a NIGHTMARE!!! I have been waiting for over 30 days and keep getting told that I have been escalated and to wait a few more days. Those few days have turned into weeks. Something that I had hoped would help, made me feel horrible. Such a disappointment.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I started my journey to optimal health in May 2018. I decided to begin my journey after a doctor told me that I was prediabetic and needed to go on a drug called **. As a nurse it really hit home that I needed an intervention in my own personal health to put myself back on track to living a healthy life. Fortunately my younger brother introduced me to the Optavia plan and a personal Health Coach to guide me on my journey. In just three months I had lost over 50 lbs. My blood pressure had dropped dramatically back into the good range, my arthritis in my hands and joints is virtually nonexistent. I move like a new person and my A1C has fallen back into the normal range. My most recent lab work was all back in the normal range. After years of having Drs tell me to lose weight I finally had a system and a Coach to help me get it done. After 8 months the weight is still gone and I still have the support of the OPTAVIA Community.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I lost 50lbs on this plan. It changed my life completely and I am so thankful for it. I did the program for 5 months in 2014 and lost 50 lbs. I have been able to maintain my weight loss for years by using the healthy habits I was taught by my coach. I just recently jumped back onto Optavia and have lost 7lbs in a week. I feel great and the food tastes great. I am sleeping like a baby too which is wonderful.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I called Optavia on 9/25/18 and informed them I would be returning my entire order, within the 30 day time frame and the box had never been opened, the Rep said no problem, sent me a UPS label and I dropped it off that day costing $33.23. The box was delivered on 10/1/18 and after weeks of not receiving credit, I called Optavia on Thurs. 10/18, they took my information and said the Resolution Team would be contacting me within 2 days. I also contacted my Coach, filled her in and she said she would contact them Friday morning.

She didn't call them until Sat. morning and I still haven't heard from the Resolution Team. Called again on 10/23 and asked for a Supervisor, no sup available, "Jay" assured me he sent my request to every Sup in the building and I would receive a phone call that day. NO CALL of course!!! Contacted my Coach and left an message on the website stating I would be filing complaints with the Attorney General of Maryland (company HQ, Oklahoma (my state) and Nevada where the return was shipped as well as the Consumer Protection Agency and Better Business Bureau of all 3 states. My Coach notified me today that Optavia would be processing my refund as of 11:00 a.m. today -- ALL I GOT WAS AN EMAIL STATING THEY RECEIVED MY RETURN -- STILL NO CREDIT ISSUED!!! I encourage all of you to write to the above listed offices so they can shut this company down!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

My doctor's nurse suggested I try this program and she was my coach, ha... she knew my health problems... high blood pressure, AFIB, Thyroid, my gallbladder has been removed and I have had a bowel resection! The fueling’s have soy oil as the first ingredient. If you have had your gallbladder removed you cannot tolerate soy oil, not only did I have gas, cramping a bloated stomach but diarrhea that smelled horrible and I secreted an orange oil from my anus for two weeks. Was only on the program for five days. She told me it was just my body cleaning out what needed to be cleaned out! I am now having to go to a gastroenterologist. It has gotten that bad. I cannot eat anything with soy oil... and everything almost has it. Watch the ingredients in this. It is bad, when I asked for a refund, I got a runaround. I don’t have the energy to pack it up and send pack. That is how sick I am! Beware of this diet!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Wish I had seen these before I got involved with this company. Turned out I had an allergic reaction to their food. Was assured I could return the kit for a full refund. That has turned into a huge pain! 1-2 business day my **! This company has amazing customer service when you are GIVING them money, but God forbid you attempt a refund. Daily calls (that they have no record of)... because I have nothing better to do with my time than sit on hold EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Repeatedly told the "Resolutions team" would take care of it. The "Resolution team" will be in touch. I've provided the tracking number to them daily... delivery was a week ago. Still no refund. Angry doesn't begin to express how I feel about these people.

Medifast Company Information