4.14/5
Based on 58 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a weight loss program?

Medifast

Recommended by more than 20,000 doctors since 1980, Medifast has been the key to weight loss success for thousands.

Our nutrient dense meal plans are formulated to help you lose weight by creating lifelong habits. Whether your goal is to lose 10 pounds or 110, our plans, fortified with 24 vitamins and minerals, are designed to keep you full as your body reaches a mild fat-burning state to lose pounds quickly without sacrificing muscle tissue.

Medifast plans are proven clinically safe and effective by researchers and studies published in journals such as the Nutritional Journal, Diabetes Educator and The Open Nutrition Journal.

Read More Read More

Last updated: April 30, 2018

256 Medifast Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 1, 2017

I've known about Medifast for many years and they have lots of options as far as the meals go. It helped me choose smaller meals because they have portions. And if I eat portion meals and then drink plenty of water afterwards, I can go two hours. The portions are smaller, like with the bars or the bags of chips, but they're proper sized. I've lost a couple of pounds and I hope to lose more but I have lost enough.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

A couple of years ago, a friend of mine at work lost a hundred pounds on Medifast and introduced me to it. His coach has also lost a hundred pounds so I gave it a shot. First time, having a coach was very helpful. There were times I got a little hungry and they told me I had to eat more. I did it for about three months and I lost 45 pounds. Then, I stopped because I hit my goals. And then, recently, I wanted to challenge myself for 90 days as a discipline kind of thing knowing I would lose weight but I didn't want to get caught up in numbers.

I didn't like the fact that it took two weeks to get the food because I'm excited once I order it. Anyway, I got the food and did it for 90 days. I called ahead of time to work with their service people to change up some of the food because I like some more than others. And then they told me it would be shipped out on the 11th. Four weeks went by and I'm out of food and it would take another two weeks. I waited then I called and they said they didn't send it because of my card. So I called the bank and there's lots of money in it. But they didn't call me and did nothing so I was three weeks out with no food. So I quit. I told them to cancel it. If they have called me, I would've ordered it, I would have been back on track.

I lost 20 pounds but it's not where I want to be. I don't have much support as far as someone not calling me saying I need my food and I got a problem with my card. They sent me an email but I don't check my email. They could have called me. But from this time versus the last time, the food is a whole lot better with more choices. Some of it was good. I like the fact that they added in the lean and green meals. I did it without a coach and I would love to do it again, but I just didn't have the time to wait again. I'm satisfied with Medifast, except the customer service.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

I was in a trial to Johns Hopkins. They had a program that I went through seven years ago and I had lost 75 pounds through them. I went 10 months and I had to go every week to check in, there was a doctor involved. But they used Medifast as their system. Then, I gained the weight back because I have cancer and I had to have chemo for nine months so that's what I've been kind of using since then. I'm using Medifast with something else that my doctor has given me as far as an appetite suppressant. I don't do well with all the meals being Medifast and I also had gotten a gout so it's better for me not to have four or five meals.

I'm not hungry and the medicine assists that for a longer period of time. But since it's protein-based, I definitely feel good after that. I follow the pattern of still eating every two to three hours. I usually have a protein shake in the morning and I'm really having two bars a day. I've lost 35 pounds since last June and I have another 25 to go that I'm working on to have that body by the fall. Now, the only thing I'm not happy with is I have to pay an extra surcharge to get the ready-to-drink shake sent to my house. Other than that, I'm happiest when I'm going with the simplest plan.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

A friend told me that Medifast controls the amount of food you eat and that it was easy to use. I then decided to go with it and I’ve been using it for years now. It has worked for me and I definitely feel healthier because I lost weight. The supplement that has 9 or 11 grams of protein keeps me from getting hungry. And I didn't have to do a lot of preparation. Medifast is a good program, that's why I've recommended it to friends.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

Medifast is a very easy thing for me to do. I will go throughout the day having four or five bars and then have a regular dinner at night and I can keep the weight off. I've been doing it for a long time and I feel a lot better and when I get off of it, I gain weight. Then, six or seven months ago, they've been wildly inconsistent. I get 10 boxes of the Smores bars and inside the same box, I'll have two or three that have no chocolate on the bottom or I'll have one or two that have no marshmallows on top. I'm throwing away a considerable amount of bars because if I only get to eat four or five bars a day, I don't want them to be devoid of chocolate. I want the product to be right. I called 30 days ago and told them that they should fix the problem and I was disappointed with their response because they didn't like that I pointed it out. But this last problem notwithstanding, I've recommended it to a number of people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medifast?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

Medifast has been successful for me and I've been using it on and off for years. I called last week when I placed my last order but I didn’t realize I signed up for monthly deliveries. I got a shipment which was okay, but then I didn’t want the shipment in February because I only use it for maintenance right now. The guy who I spoke with was very helpful. All in all, I love the product and I like that they've got the soups. I feel happier, healthier and satisfied. I don’t overeat with it and it keeps me full. I tell everybody about Medifast and they see the results in me.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

I worked with a nephrologist who used Medifast and he lost 100 pounds. I also went with it and I have lost 4 pounds so far, and it's in the right direction. There are plenty of options and I'm satisfied with the meals. However, some of the food taste like vitamins. My bedtime snack is vitamins-infused wine and if they can also make a wine for snack, that would be perfect.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

Medifast is helping stabilize my blood sugar. I also don’t feel as many swings as I normally do when I was eating like I did previously. It's nice to feel consistent and not craving things. I start to feel hungry about every two and a half to three hours. Their website is pretty user-friendly, and they’ve expanded with some of the snack options recently. I recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

My daughter and my granddaughter both had amazing success on the Medifast program a couple of years ago and in fact, they both hit their targets. Unfortunately, they didn’t do the follow-up so they're back on it now. We're all going on a big vacation in April and I cannot go down there looking like a manatee so I'm on it too. The first couple of days were a little rough because I was used to eating whenever I wanted which was every time I get tired or frustrated, which was a lot. And so being structured, even though it's two to three hours between eating anything, was hard, I did it and I'm getting good results. I'm not hungry between meals and if I do get hungry, I'll look at my watch and my water bottle and realize I haven’t had enough water. So I try to drink half of it before lunch and the other half before I go to bed which fills me a bit or I'd notice that it's time to eat something. It's like listening to my body instead of my emotions.

I ordered the first meals over the phone but I'll probably be doing it online and with the automatic every 30-day shipment. The thing I'm getting used to the most is the lean and green meals. My husband and I ordered the first 30-day and we're sharing the food and so I have been cooking. I work from home, so sometimes that is mentally tiring and he’ll ask what's for supper and I'd tell him to just go and get something. So thinking about what we're going to eat for dinner and cooking is a bit different, but I'm finding that I'm enjoying it. The Medifast meals are remarkably good. I'd like to have something more substantial, cooked, hot and fiberful. I've gone on the internet at my daughter’s recommendation and found some things to fix like cauliflower, pizza, and some macaroni and cheese meal that’s cauliflower-based.

I have done similar programs before like Slim4Life, which I wasn’t as satisfied with, but I didn’t have the option of these recipes or actual food. They would tell me to have a chicken breast and some salad, but there wasn’t a lot of variety in their program. I want something besides salad and with Medifast, I can do that. Then there's the Marie Osmond’s program where we order 30 days of food and they send it, but there are way too many carbs in it for me and it has things like ice cream and a dessert every day and that’s my downfall. With Medifast, I had not had cravings so far and I've got the eating out plan that came in in our package. It is expensive though, but having a heart attack is probably more expensive. I'm at the end of my first week, so I haven’t had a chance to get bored with any of the food so far. I think that my husband and I are going to be wildly successful on this program.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

My daughter heard about Medifast from a friend. She tried it and it works very well for her, so I decided to try it too. It was the only thing that really worked and did so really well for almost a year. Medifast sends packets of dried food and it’s self-serving. You're only having bread or carbs, other than what they designate. They didn’t give a meal plan. You can eat so much of this and it’s counted as a condiment or counted as a protein. But if you stick to eating the little meals, they’re about 100 and some calories per meal. You eat one of these meals every three hours.

My daughter started and got a whole bunch of brownie mix. I can eat brownies all day. But that didn’t last for two months and she got tired of brownies. It’s a little packet and you put three teaspoons of water, you stir it up, put it in the microwave for 100, 1 minute and 15 seconds and you’ve got a brownie. It might not taste as good as the bakery ones, but it’s sweet, it’s chocolate, and it satisfies. I like a lot of the country food such as the cheese pizza bites and BBQ bites. It has the consistency of Cheetos and although it's not quite as tasty or quite as healthy, it has that crunch.

You can have a hard cooked egg too. If you’re cooking shrimp, you can have a medium sized shrimp for your lean and green meal or you can have a chicken breast. You can eat real food with it. But you don’t eat dairy ‘cause it has sugar in it. The packets are measured out to cuts about 11 grams of protein. So you’ve got protein, so much carbs, and so much sugar. It’s measured to a point where if you stay with this plan and you drink your 8 to 10 glasses of water all day too, it puts your body in a state where it can burn fat. That’s how it works. If you don’t eat enough it goes into starvation mode and you don’t lose any weight, instead, you’re going to gain weight. But if you stick with the program exactly the way they designated it, you get to the point it takes about three days and your body is in fat burning mode. When you first practice, you can lose as much as 10 pounds a week for the first two weeks.

If you stick to the plan regularly you will lose two to three pound every single week. And that is worth its weight in gold. But you have to get your head in the right spot. I eat either salmon, chicken breast, cod, Morning Star veggie burger thing and salads, broccoli or cauliflower as my lean and green meal. It has to be a certain weight and what have you. You get a lot of protein. You can also eat olive oil and coconut oil. You can have almond milk or even non-fat milk. You still have lactose which is a sugar so it can help you.

You feel full once you’re on the program and you’re eating it every two and a half hours. Sometimes you have the number to eat that last one meal of five, ‘cause after supper you are full ‘cause you’ve eaten real food. After the three days when you get into it eating regularly and drinking the water, you don’t feel hungry. You can eat other food too like the brownies, a certain amount of nuts as a snack or maybe a couple of air-popped popcorn crunch. It isn’t terribly satisfying, but sometimes the crunch is what I’m looking for. The program is one of the few things that work on a continuing basis.

My daughter has a coach but I don’t like when people call me and ask me questions so I decided to wing it and it works. I’ve been on Weight Watchers three different times and I lost some weight on there, maybe at the 20, but it takes so long. I sometimes wonder if I should be eating all these dairy product. But I’m eating much and I lost the weight and I’m healthy. I don't have to do any special cooking with the Medifast program and although it's a little expensive, I’d rather pay the money than do all the work. I enjoy that they are just as good, if not even better with their ways to eating healthily and losing weight than to work out.

I lost 50 pounds following the program, but then I gained it all back again. I was still trying to do the Medifast, but I’ve been on cruises and vacations. These interfered and now I’m really in trouble and I’m trying to stick to it. I am confident that I can make it work, but sometimes life interferes and it’s hard to eat the five meals, do the one lean and green and get all my water in. You really have to invest in it and do it. If you stick to it, it does work and it works really well. But all you need is a couple of meals out and then you have a three-day period of sticking strictly to it before it starts working again. It’s easy to stick to but you have to really say that you're doing it. It has to be worth it. Thinking that it’s going to cost me about $3,000 a year, I could motivate myself by thinking that in a year I’m going to weigh 50 pounds less. I’m going to be healthy and feel better.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Medifast was recommended by my doctor and though it didn't help me achieve my weight loss goals, it showed me a way to do it. It was very informative having their recipes, their portion size, and the frequency. I could see or read other comments of people who never feel full but I felt fine in between meals. Also, the options they gave me were more than I expected. However, I cancelled with them last month because of expense reasons.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

Having always struggled with my weight I have been extremely happy to finally have something that is working for me. It has helped me to lose 30 pounds so far and hopefully more. The shakes are quite tasty and very filling. You won't be disappointed in your choice. Especially when you're running around all sexy fit! This has been a miracle worker for me and I would gladly pay whatever asked plus some to get these shakes. I can't put a price on finally being healthy. Customer support is also friendly and knowledgeable about their product. All questions were quickly answered and they were very helpful.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I listen to a lot of AM radio and Medifast is on the radio all the time. They were also handy that’s why I decided to go with them when I got sick and tired of being sick and tired. And just last week, I noticed that I had to hitch up my pants another notch on my belt and that’s a good thing. However, I'm feeling hungry between meals. I still have a craving for sugar especially after lunch.

Also, I didn’t know there were options when I've had my first box so I got a bunch of stuff and I go "why did they send me two mashed potatoes?" They're putting things that went into trash immediately. So the second box just got reordered and I thought of trashing the whole box and edit my box. I added some stuff I haven’t tried and some stuff I know I like. I tried doing it online but it wasn’t that easy so I had to call Medifast and they talked me through it. I tried to delete the box, but they won't let me delete it until I added some more stuff to it. And they’ve become troublesome when I want to stop altogether because I don’t want any more of it.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

I was on Medifast years ago. When I first did it, there was nothing but shakes but now, there are more options. From time to time, I go on it to lose a little weight and when I reach what I want, I get off of it and enjoy life. I recommend it to all my friends. It's not going to fill them up, but they have to train themselves to get used to it.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

Several years ago, some of our professional acquaintances had used Medifast and highly recommended it, so my husband and I tried it. We went on the program together five years ago, and were very successful on it. But maintenance has been an ongoing issue. My husband had decided that he wanted to go back on the plan and lose some weight and then go back and do maintenance. I lost weight as outlined by the plan, anywhere from three to five pounds a week. I was satisfied with the food, but my husband struggled more with it. At the time we started, they didn't have any entrees and things that we got this time around.

My husband and I did the Starter Variety Pack. He’s made the brownie and a couple of other things and found them to be very enjoyable, so we’ll continue to order those to supplement and facilitate his ability to manage his caloric intake during the day, especially when he’s at work and is craving something. However, he doesn’t care for the bars and I got very tired of them by the time we were done with the program, but we enjoy the shakes and entrees very much.

We also found other bars that is over the counter that were pretty comparable to Medifast and add a little more variety. He found that to be helpful and having been through the whole program and transitioning into maintenance, it just seemed like he wants to lose a few pounds this time. Realizing that there's a broader variety of food made him feel like he can make better choices during the day. Also, there is a quick and easy meal, especially if I'm on the road and he's home alone with our teenage daughter, that he can just pop in and know that he's eating properly in the evening, which has been a nice change. My husband is using the Medifast program this time around as a way to jumpstart his being more disciplined about his weight loss desires and how to achieve them.

Our first experience with Medifast has led us to realizing that it’s a reliable program which my doctors were very supportive of, saying that it was well managed. My daughter-in-law is a registered dietician and she went over the entire plan before we were allowed to order it the first time around and agreed that it was well-balanced and wouldn’t do us any harm. We feel like w0ith all the options out there, Medifast is the one that we’re comfortable with.

My husband and I were very pleased with the program. It felt very good, strong, and healthy. We like the way it works and having gone through it religiously and very judiciously the first time, we know we can manage our weight loss by either modifying it and accepting our weight loss results or by being very diligent. We understand both in philosophy, removing the sugars and spreading out the core intake throughout the day.

We’re also very happy with the food product and how they’re improving it. We look forward to seeing that continue, making it a little bit easier for us to enjoy and incorporate it to our day-to-day. We would definitely recommend Medifast if a person's really looking for something that will give him results, if he sticks to it and is well-balanced. Even when we transitioned away from maintenance and were really not following the plan at all, we still didn’t find that we gained all the weight back and neither one of us ever got to our start weight.

When my husband began the program, he had a slight knee injury and felt that it was impeding his recovery by carrying extra weight and wanted to be more aggressive about it. We didn’t even talk about going or looking at different plans or options. We knew where we wanted to go, what we wanted to do, and how we would approach getting him on a more regimented eating plan. We believe in Medifast. It does what it’s supposed to do and it doesn’t cause any detriment to our overall health. We recommend Medifast more highly now because we now know there’s a better variety of food and it has actually improved over what it was after our first go around.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

My goal is to be at 200 pounds. I’ve done Medifast's program for 30 days and lost 14 pounds. It also taught me some good eating habits like snacking throughout the days. There were times I would feel hungry but if I stuck to the timeframe, I was fine throughout the day. Also, there are some meals that I preferred over others. I still have 17 pounds more to lose and I’ll get there.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

Four years ago, somebody from my husband's office had been on Medifast, so I decided to give it a try. At that point I achieved my weight loss goals. I've been using Medifast off and on for several years. It has been just as snacks at the moment or as breakfast sometimes, and not as a diet per se. We limit ourselves to some choice bars and my husband and I like different ones so I order bunch for both of us.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I started taking Medifast, and I was fine! I ate all my meals. I ended up being hungry most of the time, and the meal times didn't really work out very well with my life, but I did it to my best ability. I took it for almost a year. I lost a ton of weight and started to transition off of it. The transition was hard, and I did start to work out like they suggest. Within about 8 months, though, I gained all the weight back. So Medifast works, but only while you're on it.

I felt so confident after I lost the weight. It was amazing. But it was a little weird not being able to eat with my coworkers, friends, or family. The actual cost of the food was pretty expensive, but I couldn't find another way to get to where I wanted to be. Also, the food was fine but it seemed like eating space food. There were some things that were really good, and others that tasted just like rice cakes. Overall I was always helped anytime I needed it. The people on the phone were super nice. They made sure I got what I needed when I needed it. They helped me decide what I needed to do to keep the weight off and were very kind about it. I just couldn't keep the weight off.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

Medifast is effective at keeping you healthy and fit. They have a good variety of meals choices that are healthy and they are portioned for just the right size, and you can have effective and healthy weight loss with this product. The food quality is great. They have snacks, cereals, soups, smoothies, etc and they even have a recipe book for you to make your own healthy dishes. The foods are portioned so you eat just what you are supposed to eat. Customer support is fantastic. They are there for you when you have any questions about the meals, drinks, desserts, and even the meal planning, and the prices of the plan. Also, the value is a good one. First, you can start with the 2 week trial and if you like the program you can join for $10.46 a day, which is great. You have your 3 major food groups and a dessert included. There are 56 meal varieties.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I’m very happy with Medifast. I lost weight pretty quickly and it has helped me achieve my weight loss goals over certain periods of time. I'm having a meal every two and a half hours on the Jump Start Program. I wake up at 6 o’clock in the morning to go to work and I don’t want to have something where I have to sit and spend so much time in preparing. If a diet plan takes cooking this kind of egg in the morning, I'm not going to take the time to do it, so that's why Medifast really works for me. I take my coffee, vitamins and the oatmeal which is tough enough to prepare but it only takes 45 seconds then I'm done. Up until 1 o’ clock or 1:30 ‘o clock, I feel great in spite me being busy in the morning.

They also have good meal options that I can take but my business partner who's also on it didn’t like them as he felt that there could be different options. My wife, too, doesn't want to have just a bar but for me, it works perfectly. My problem times are like 4 o’clock in the afternoon when I'm really hungry waiting for dinner and I'm with a bar or with pretzels.

I and my wife entertain a lot so I have to be really very cautious about what I eat when we go out because I eat more fatty food. The program also doesn't allow beer nor wine. I’m not doing the lean and mean, and the greens and the chicken. The one thing that helps me more so on the flip side is that in the evenings, it hurts me because I’m not following the program as specifically as I have to and at that point, it has a negative effect. I try to watch what I eat in the evenings, but when I’m with friends and we’re eating, I’m not as conscientious. Due to my lack of discipline, I have not done well in some cases and then I get back on it and it does well for me.

On the other hand, I was a little concerned that a box I received was opened and one of the bars was missing so I threw the box away. I sent Medifast an email and they haven't responded. But that won't stop me from using Medifast because it’s a very good product. I recommended Medifast to a good number of friends who have started the program. Some of them are going through the process with the counselors while others just order online.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

Medifast was a little cheaper, but after I had bought it, I read the ingredients and saw it’s all processed and everything has preservatives in it so that's not healthy for me. I tried it and during the first three or four days, my experience was rough but my body adjusted after and it felt good. I liked that the best. I lost weight because the amount of calories is so minimal but on the other hand, it's not right for me to eat processed food only. I did it for a few weeks and then I put it away.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Medifast is great to use especially if you are trying to lose weight without taking a lot of pills. It allows you to eat a sensible meal with the plan that they have. I've lost more weight than I expected in just 3 months. The food is great. They give you many options to choose from as far as a meal or a snack. The portions are a nice size just so you don't overdo it. It all has a great flavor that you can get use to eating.

When I always call back to get my next set of meal I always get great customer service. They always ask me if the meals are to my satisfaction, is there anything that I disagree with when it comes to the meal plans and is there anything that I would change. They always ask me how do I feel while on this plan. They are very concerned. Also, the value is great. It is one of the main reasons why I wanted to try the product because it's not too expensive. I think you are getting your money's worth for the results that you get.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Loved the product and would recommend Medifast to anyone. Very effective product and there's a variety of wonderful flavors. The shakes are really great and the food quality capabilities is very high. I usually drink the shakes daily, and my favorite flavor is chocolate. Positive results with exercise and eating right. Plus the customer support was extremely high for most of the employees that work with Medifast. Answered all my questions in a speedy fast time frame.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Saw improvement almost immediately, and definitely have more of a quality of living. I was happy to decide to start using Medifast. The food was not five stars but decent for the benefits. Plus when I need to use customer service it was a decent experience. They were friendly and not judgmental. The knowledge of the representative was also pretty solid. All of my questions have been answered to my satisfaction. I'm big on getting what I pay for, and with Medifast I did just that. There are others in this market that I can't say the same for. Good food and a decent price is good value to me. I would recommend it to family and friends.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

A friend of one of my daughters has had a very good result with Medifast, so I and my other daughter tried the program, too. When I started four years ago, I had lost 35 pounds but I gained 10 pounds back recently, so I took their plan for three months continuously and lost 12 pounds already, so I’m back to my target weight. While I was on the program, I wasn't hungry, didn't have a headache or any mood swings. In three hours, I did not feel like I’m deprived and I was perfectly fine. I have told a couple of people about Medifast. They tried it and they are doing great right now. I had a great experience and when I'm back from my out of country trip, I will contact them again.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I did Medifast a couple of years ago and had a lot of success with it. I was on their Go plan and it fit into my lifestyle pretty easily. My top 3 food items were the s'more bar, the chocolate mint bar, and the cookie soft bake. I got some shakes, some other bars, and the pancakes which I like, too. They're good!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

There are so many products out there that it's hard to trust but Medifast have had really good reviews and I was happy with that. Medically, it didn't seem too harmful. Plus, it's convenient. However, I work in a school and in the past, it's always very hard for me to use the microwave for many of the foods, so the grab and go foods were always optional versus the pudding which was time-consuming. Every time I get the box, I don't use it for pudding so in a way it was a waste of money. Some of the products are really hard because it's not convenient to always have a microwave ready and accessible for some of the meals. Other than that, it was fine and manageable.

I called a few weeks ago to cancel my Medifast Advantage membership. I have the meals but I'm not taking them right now because I found out that I am pregnant. However, when I took my membership in the past, it helped immensely. I was dedicated, I did the weight-loss plans for about six to eight months straight, lost about 20 pounds and gave me energy. Highly recommended to anyone who'd try to lose weight.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I learned about Medifast from a friend of mine that tried it and had a lot of success with it and so a couple of years ago I also used it when it was strictly the 5 & 1. Now there's the 4 & 2 and there are a lot of other plans that may help. I've thought about getting back on it because when I was on it, I lost 49 pounds. Since I've used Medifast my diet has changed remarkably. A lot of things improved including blood pressure and cholesterol. The only thing I could suggest is that the app could be worked on. Overall it's a great program. I recommended it to a lot of my family members.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I was on medifast for close to a year. My goal weight to lose 17 pounds. I was unable to stomach the food so I lived on shakes and bars. Barely edible. I felt like I was always starving and the snacks were not helping. Aside from the bloating and loose stools they warn you about, I was always dizzy, had nausea and felt like I was going to pass out. If I caught the smell of real food, it would trigger terrible hunger pangs. I understand that this diet has been very successful with others but it did NOT work for me. My total weight loss after starvation because that is what it felt like plus exercising 5-7 days a week while on the diet only yielded a 10 pound loss over 6 months. Within 4 months I gained it all back and 6 months after that I put on a total of 30 pounds.

Never have I been this heavy and honestly my internal medicine doctor believes it screwed up my metabolism. So I am using real food, clean food, drinking lots of water and going to the gym. The results may be slower BUT I no longer have the awful side effects or hunger pangs and food craving. I also paid for the weekly coach in case anyone is wondering and followed this diet to the letter. No cheating. She was a nice young lady but gave a lot of rehearsed answers out of the playlist and for me it was a waste because it felt like one size fits all. The poor girl did not have much to add since there were no gaps in my process. But congratulations for the people for whom this works for.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I'm on Medifast's Flex plan for about three weeks now and it was quite easy signing up. Implementing it to my lifestyle has also been going okay and I don’t have any complaints. It’s better than what my sister described.

Medifast Company Information