Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.17/5

Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Medifast Reviews

Original review: June 28, 2017

My friend told me that Medifast was good and she had lost a lot of weight. Everybody needs a different type of diet. For me, I need a lot of structure. I need to know exactly what I can eat and can’t eat and it’s very good that way because everything’s tightly controlled. I have also called in with a few customer service issues along the way and those people were accommodating and helpful.

But I had some level of frustration a few times because I feel like the policies are very constrained. There are some frustrations associated with the policies associated with promotions. But, overall, I’m positively inclined. I went over to SlimFast for five months, sucked in by the lower prices and that ended up being a very bad experience. I found that the pouches of food made me thirsty so I'm sure that they have a ton of salt in their product. I was unhappy with SlimFast and I stayed with it much longer than I should have. I finally decided that this was not healthy and I went back to Medifast. I’m using it now as a bit of a maintenance and it helps me not gain weight as opposing to losing weight. Now, I have lost about 25 pounds.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I’m in the navy and needed to drop weight for my PSA so I went with Medifast. I ordered online through my phone and it's super easy. The first week that I was on it, I adhered to the program, I avoided eating junk and I lost 20 pounds. Even though the portions are so small, I wasn’t hungry in-between the meals. It helped me with my portion control. In addition, the guide for eating out and stuff was more helpful than the food itself because I can’t live off of Medifast for the rest of my life. Simply reading the dining-out guides whenever I get my beverages was super helpful. And then, I decided I wanted to eat real food and started drinking alcohol again. If I only kept up with the program, I would have met my weight loss goals.

I didn’t want to get another whole month worth of food so I simply changed my monthly shipment for the probiotic. I also did it on my phone and that was really easy to do. I really like the probiotic pack. There's 30 little bags for each day and there are two pills in it, so it's a probiotic and a vitamin. When I took the first one, it cleaned me out and then after that, I felt my digestion has been better. Medifast was really helpful.

Original review: June 24, 2017

My wife and I were thinking about losing some weight and wanted to do it relatively quick. We heard about Medifast through my mother-in-law who was a coach and so we used it. Medifast has been working. I'm down 34 lbs and the sixth week of using it ended on Tuesday. We still have a couple of weeks left. I've lost a lot of weight before and I'm hoping using Medifast would be a little faster.

However, I'm a bit weaker during the day than when I have more calories. Also, we had some issues with our first round of Medifast products. It was terrible stuff we couldn't get down. And so, we sent it back and that process was unfortunate. It's really expensive to return the stuff and it's a long process if it got lost or mishandled. Luckily, we got our next month's order before we got the stuff that we sent back. Otherwise, I would have run out of food.

Nevertheless, going through the diet has been easy, except that I want to have beer again. The bars were really good. There were several bars that don't taste like protein bars. That was the perk of doing Medifast versus something else. I have had Herbalife shakes and I'm more at ease with the Medifast bars than that. And so, I would recommend Medifast to the right person. I wouldn't have been able to do Medifast if I wasn't doing it with my wife. Depending on who you are, you have to be able to do it with someone that's going to help avoid the temptation of going out to dinner with friends or having a drink at social events. Overall, Medifast is an easy and quick way to lose weight.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I went on Medifast years ago. A friend of mine, Susie, who was administering it at that time told me about them. She said that I had to get a complete physical check from a physician before she would give it to me. And I went to a doctor’s office once a week and had blood drawn. And she kept a close check on me. At that time, I lost about 30 lbs and it miraculously stayed off for over a year. And if I had kept eating right and exercising, I feel like I could have left it off. But I went back to my old habits and put the weight back on.

And one day, I was flipping through a magazine and found Medifast advertised, where you could just order it. And so, I ordered and took it and lost the weight again. And then, I’ve gained some of it back but not all. And so, I wanted to order some more and get this off before it does come all the way back like it has a tendency to do. But, this time, my will-power has not been as strong. So, I didn’t do as well this last time. The product is wonderful. The first time I did it, I did not eat anything for six weeks except for one week. I ate a half-a-cup of fresh strawberries on Tuesday and another half-a-cup of it on Thursday. And that week, I didn’t lose anything, which shows how low my metabolism was at that point. But Medifast told me to stick with it and it would turn my metabolism around and it definitely did.

Now, they don’t recommend just drinking the shakes but that’s what I did the first time. I found that if you drink a shake every two or three hours, you don’t want to eat anything. And I drank like seven a day. After a while, I was just drinking about three a day and that was enough. Some of Medifast's protein diet drinks are milk. And this could be mixed with a carbonated drink. And I mix the orange with the diet orange soda, the strawberry with the diet 7-Up, and the chocolate with a product that I found that sounds terrible but it was really good when mixed with the chocolate shake. It was called Canfield’s Diet Chocolate Fudge. And I like carbonated drinks and sweets but I can’t do milk. I’m allergic to it and it triggers migraines. So, this was perfect for me because I mix them with carbonated diet drinks. Then, I would freeze the orange and eat it like a slushee. I could heat up the chocolate and drink it like hot chocolate just to get a little bit of variety.

At first, since I was prone to headaches, they didn’t want me to try the chocolate but I did fine on it. And I actually figured out while on this diet that my headaches were triggered by food allergies. With Medifast, I didn’t have any adverse effects. But I know that sudden, drastic weight loss is not good for you. But that is however you do it, it doesn’t matter what product. You just shouldn’t lose a lot of weight at one time. It should be more gradual.

Customer service has always been great. I just call and order. Then, they ship it right out to me. And, now, my local store doesn’t carry the Diet Canfield’s Chocolate Fudge anymore. And since it is a canned liquid, I can order that online but the shipping is ridiculous on canned liquids. Overall, it was a great experience and Medifast has great products. It doesn’t taste as bad as some of the others I’ve tried and I didn’t have any side effects on it.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I chose Medifast to lose some weight and it helped me achieve my goals. It was easy going through the diet and I'm fine with the results. I felt surprisingly fine after using it and for how few calories it had. I would tell a friend to give it a try but I would say not to order every bar they had. Those were horrible. They were chewy, sticky and they have a weird taste.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medifast?

Original review: June 20, 2017

It could be scientifically proven what the amounts of potassium and other nutrients were on Medifast's diet plan. I’m happy with it and I’m still certainly using it. I definitely wasn’t hungry on it, which is a positive. And my doctor didn’t want me to stay on it day in and day out for a long period of time. So, my weight loss course has been less but it’s been consistent. I started at about 330 pounds and I’m down to 250. And then my doctor wanted me to have periods of time where I wasn’t on it and just eating regular food. I might’ve gained back about five pounds, but I still was able to stay within three to five pounds of what my weight has been with no stopping.

They always keep wanting me to get on that automatic renewal and send-it-to-you plan. And because of the way my doctor wanted me using it, I did it at first and then found out real quickly that I ended up with a lot of products. And he would take me off of it and then I had to throw some of it out. So I had to go back and just order it as I needed it.I’m really glad that they’ve changed up from when they really started when all it was liquid. It started out originally as chocolate, vanilla and strawberry shakes and soup. And that was 25 years ago, so they had improved considerably.

There are Medifast weight loss clinics in the city that I live in. And I had gone in there one time because I had a water leak and I’d lost a lot of product and wanted to order from them. And they weren’t too happy about it. They did it because of the circumstances but they wanted me to sign up for their program. And I said, “Look, I’m already being monitored with lab work. I’m already under a doctor’s care. There’s no need for me to be part of your program.” That was the end of being able to get any of the products from them. And that isn’t right. But other than that, I would recommend Medifast and I have in the past to people.

Original review: June 19, 2017

I'm in my second month now with Medifast. And I'm in a competition right now with someone doing Optifast at Kaiser. It's sort of a race to see who’s doing better and we compared the products and we looked at everything and Medifast is way ahead. The flavors, choices and the costs are much better with Medifast. It's a lot easier to order dry products and have it shipped to my home and it's so much easier to go online and check the flavors. I ordered enough each time so that I keep the shipping weight down. I loved it. I'm consistently losing 10 pounds a month, two and a half pounds a week. It is slow but sure.

I diligently use a notepad to record and if I don’t record when the next meal comes up, my blood sugar crashes. I had to be really careful that I don’t get distracted by my workload and forget to take one. Otherwise, it's been perfect. The only thing is that there's a lot of roughage in my diet but I feel like I have a knot in my stomach. And I have a problem with constipation but I have a salad with broccoli, bell peppers and the black olives. I have the same salad every night. Also, I've tried the three soups and the chicken. And the pieces of meat tasted like hard grizzle and I'm never gonna order them again. I'd tell my friends not to order the soup. But overall, it has been an enthusiastically positive experience and I would definitely recommend Medifast.

Original review: June 18, 2017

I just started using Medifast. I had a friend who used them and had good success with weight loss. He recommended them and also, I had heard about it at my doctor’s office. It seems like a good program. It has a lot of perks and I've already got some rewards and they’ve delivered everything very quickly like they said. On initial weight loss, I felt a little fatigued. The meal is an effective way to keep you from feeling hungry, but I am tired and there are half of the products that I don’t care for the taste. And if you're eating it pretty much more than 90% of the time, you got to like the taste. I called Medifast and canceled. But I'll finish what I have. I spoke to one person and she was very helpful. I can't do it long-term but it was an efficient experience overall.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I came across Medifast when I did a lot of online research. I also have a friend whom I thought had weight loss surgery and it turned out it was Medifast. I signed up with them and my experience while going through the diet went really well. I also joined a Facebook group and they were really helpful. At first, I thought the food was not enough. The first couple of days were really rough but it got easier as I went through it. I also found that if I use the rice cauliflower, it plumps up a lot of stuff really nicely.

Medifast has partly helped me achieve my weight loss goals. I lost 14 pounds in a month which is good. However, it's an expensive thing to do and I thought that I had already unsubscribed on the website but apparently, I didn't. Now they're sending me another two weeks supply which I couldn't afford so I was disappointed about that. I emailed them that it was really bad that one could order online but couldn't cancel an order online. That is misleading. They said that they tried to do a return shipment but were not sure if it's gonna work. So, they said if it's delivered to me, I'll call them and they'd send me a return label. But it doesn't change the fact that I'm out $227 for three weeks so I am just gonna do it.

Nevertheless, I would recommend them to a friend because it worked for me. However, I'd warn them to be careful about when they want to stop. They should let Medifast know, otherwise, Medifast will continue to bill them. And another thing, the potatoes are really awful. I wish Medifast wouldn't send those anymore to anybody.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I had a medical procedure a few years back and they’ve put me on steroids so I gained a lot of weight. I’d tried a few other things and then after speaking with my girlfriend who had been using Medifast for almost a year, and she had amazing results, I decided to reach out to them. I’ve lost about 25 pounds so far. There were times when I felt it made me eat a lot more. At first, I thought these little portions were going to be horrible but then I realized that since I was eating more often, I was full. And when it was time to eat my next little Medifast meal, I was thinking, “I’m not even hungry.” So, it was enough. I’ve had more energy. It’s been really great.

I’ve enjoyed the food that comes with it and the way it instructed for Lean and Green was really easy. I love the restaurant guide that they give out. It has all of these restaurants listed and then it tells you what your Lean and Green meal could be, what it could consist of. It’ll let you choose your lean protein and then the two greens that you’d get so that you’d get to mix and match. It’s been wonderful. It makes everything easy to follow and to stick with. It is definitely better especially when you’re a mom and you’re on the go all the time.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I wanted to shed a few pounds and I wanted it to be easy and simple because I didn't want to go to meetings and things of that nature. A member in a networking group I met with told me about Medifast and I tried their program. I am still using it but I'm close to my goal weight so I stopped reordering. It was pretty simple and really easy to work with. The only thing that was lacking and maybe for a good reason is the meals. There were limited meals and I felt like I got repetitive ones. But the snacks were really good.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I was on Medifast with my sister-in-law and I lost weight and enjoyed it, but I want to live my life normally. I have used Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem and all other food supplements and it got tiring. I’m on Weight Watchers right now because I can eat real food, and it also has the same type of bars as Medifast. Also, I quit Medifast because it’s way too expensive. I’m not going to live my life eating expensive supplements or food. Now, I only order three things from Medifast like the bars and the oatmeal because I like some of them even though I’m not really on it. I eat them when I’m taking a trip or I need it when I’m in a long meeting.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I initially chose Medifast because I liked their plan. However, I was allergic to the soy in their product and broke out in hives. I had to return their products since I couldn't use them. I have received refunds and I wouldn't be using them again.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I've been on a number of weight loss programs before. With Medifast, I lost a lot and then I ended up gaining the weight back. And so, I've ordered some and had started again, but losing weight has not been easy the second time around. Medifast is more expensive but easier than some, and it's similar to others.

Original review: June 11, 2017

My wife really likes Medifast. She has had to go down a size and she’s still working on weight loss goals. It's easy to use and she likes the options and the fact that whatever she doesn’t like, she can customize it and send whatever back and get a new item.

Original review: June 10, 2017

I had used Medifast after my second child was born who is now 13. I have three children and I have lost all of my weight down to every bit of it, 12 pounds with my second child. Medifast worked well enough that while I was nursing, it dropped the weight and it kept me at a steady state where I wasn’t hungry and I had good success with it. But just as life gets busier and as my kids and everything is busier, it takes a lot of planning and it takes a lot of organization and being very methodical about grocery shopping and about meals, which is difficult for me, I’m finding myself needing to lose weight and would love to keep it off but that’s not where I am right now.

I started again with Medifast at the end of January and then I lost weight in February and March. About three days into eating the regimen as it was recommended, I was so hungry, got a headache and I was looking for more food. I found myself trying to drink more water and I would even add flavored water. I felt that it was really a lower calorie amount than even what my body was ready to get. The soups are not as great as I would have anticipated for them to be. And halfway through March, after I have lost that weight through stress and my mother being ill, I have put the weight back on. But it’s not the Medifast, it’s me.

I ended up doing Medifast along with a weight loss plan through the “Why”. It was a 12-week plan and we had that accountability every Monday and they wanted people to definitely be there. If they had to be out for one or two Mondays of that whole 12 weeks, it is understandable if being out had been approved ahead of time or that someone was sick or they had other things going on that they just couldn’t do the plan. So it was very helpful to do that at the same because that became my support system but it just got crazy for me. But it did help to have that support system and whenever that goes away, it just changes things.

If people feel that they can regulate a routine, not be an emotional eater or find themselves thrown off by everyone else in their household or world’s schedule, Medifast can be a great program to lose weight. But if they are distracted by being on the go and having so many irons in the fire of scheduling, work and kids, it takes much more diligence, planning and keeping themselves accountable to have it be a successful program. Also, I wish that Medifast wasn’t as expensive and that if a person was a prior customer, there was some extra discount for bars or steak, that was extended on a regular basis.

Original review: June 9, 2017

I was struggling with losing weight and nothing else was really working. I need to follow something, otherwise I'd just cheat all day. I've used Medifast before, about seven to eight years ago after I had my son, and just started it up again now. I have found that it is one of the only things that really worked well. I liked that there are more options for food than it used to be back then. I do all my ordering online, which is different than what it used to be, but I figured it out. I love Medifast's plan but I'm on a plateau right now, so it's a little frustrating. Once I get off it, I'll get going again.

Original review: June 8, 2017

A friend of mine used Medifast and it worked well for him recently. I also used it for a couple of months a couple of years ago and I started it again a month and a half ago. I was hungry and miserable for the first week and then I started to adjust and got used to it. I've been feeling good since and I have more energy. Overall, Medifast works great and it's totally inexpensive.

Original review: June 7, 2017

I require low blood sugar diet in order to lose any weight and so I chose Medifast. The first time that I used it I lost about seven pounds in the first week and that was great. But then I plateaued by the third week and never lost any other weight, which is why I initially stopped taking it. I’ve done things like the Whole30 before, and while Medifast is definitely going to help you lose weight, it’s not going to make you feel healthy or happy because it’s very processed. It’s not going to improve you through vitamins or anything like that.

I like it because it’s easy to do on the go when I'm at work. But when I go out to dinner with friends, I'm starving and I'm only allowed with really one good meal a day. I can’t have a lot of carbs so I would just have meat and veggies with my meal. It is definitely a hard thing to do and the food does not taste great. Every single food that I’ve tried has this chemical aftertaste. But it’s definitely helpful for people with diabetes or pre-diabetic like me and it's helpful to get me back on track, which is why I’ve purchased it again.

Both times I tried to buy food, I had problems and I had to do it over the phone which was a little bit annoying because it's easier if trying to do everything on the internet. But the customer service was pretty helpful, nice and knowledgeable about the questions I had. The only downfall is that since I haven't done it in a couple of months, they just dropped my discount. That sucks because if I'm going to be away for a month, it doesn’t make sense to be a recurring member who has a discount. But it's really easy to use and quick to lose weight.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I had used Medifast years ago and it was the best weight-loss method for me because it's all prescribed. It's easy to do and I've recommended it to people. I wanted to lose a few pounds, so I ordered that again. I get six to eight packets and a thing for $16, so it really works out for a dollar or two, but when buying multiple boxes at $17 upright, I'm like, "Whoa." The cost adds up but when you break it down per meal, it's not so expensive.

The first few days are the hardest. My body had to get used to the fact that it's smaller portions. My doctor even told me when I was on Medifast the first time not to do intense workouts because in the beginning, I'm cutting back on my calories. But I do CrossFit which is a very intense workout, so it's hard to stay on exactly the Medifast plan because I need a little bit more protein. So I might use the shake and put a banana in it because I'd be depleted if I didn't do that.

Original review: June 5, 2017

Ads that I have stumbled upon reminded me that people I knew lost weight using Medifast. Indeed, it works and I have now lost 30 pounds. Their shakes are very good and helpful, and their protein bars are awesome. I felt fine after eating them, but the diet is pretty strict. I missed eating fresh food like fruits and vegetables, but I cheat a little bit. For the first couple of days, I still grew hungry, but I got used to it quickly. Thinking about how much Medifast costs makes you stick with it. Now I feel satisfied between meals, maybe because we’re eating like every three hours and because of the protein incorporated in the diet. Also, Medifast's customer service is fine but I didn't want to use it to talk about weight loss. The only time I ever have to talk to someone was if I was having trouble when making an order on the website. It has been a good experience with Medifast. I'll use it again.

Original review: June 4, 2017

My husband had previously done Medifast, and I like that it's convenient. I'm in a very busy schedule and I don't have time to do a lot of meal prepping and preparing. As with any diet, the program was very difficult for the first two to three weeks. But at the same time, I had five servings a day, two or three hours later, and I knew I get to have a shake or something to curb my appetite.

Though I haven't reached my weight loss goals yet, Medifast helped. I lost about 15 pounds during my first month. Unfortunately I was having some health problems and had to go off it. I had my gallbladder removed four days ago and I'm also planning on trying to get pregnant in the next few months. So, I will probably not try it again until after I'm to the point where I'm either able to do a breastfeeding or done breastfeeding. But when I called to cancel, their rep was very nice and understanding. She asked why I was cancelling which I was happy to share with her. Overall, Medifast worked well for me. I've tried every diet including Jenny Craig, but I had a better experience with Medifast. I didn't do it 100% like I should have and probably would have been more successful had I done that, but that's okay. There's always next time.

Original review: June 3, 2017

I had trouble losing weight and I thought that Medifast might work so I decided to use them. I've used it on and off for five years and it has helped me achieve my weight loss goals. I feel good after using Medifast and that's why I went back to it. I've gone back two times to get off some weight and I've been successful each time.

I've done different diets such as Weight Watchers and that didn't help. Medifast's diet works for me. It's simple, easy and I can still work it in with my schedule. I feel full and don't feel like I'm dieting. While I think their program is pricey, I think it's worth it because it works. Overall, I've had a great and effective experience with them.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I was overweight and I thought Medifast might work. I ordered it online and the process was good. When I got it, I didn’t start it for a week for some reason. But once I got it going it was okay. I only lost 10 pounds in three weeks, though, and I’m happy I lost some weight as I’ve never been on a diet before, but I didn’t think the food tasted very well. It had very bland flavor. But going through the diet taught me how to eat more evenly during the day. I didn’t use to eat lunch and then I’d eat a lot in the afternoon. So if I ate something in the early morning, then at noon and then in the afternoon, that kinda helped. I wouldn’t feel like I had to eat as much. Overall, it was an okay experience, but I expected more.

Original review: June 1, 2017

Medifast has helped me achieve my weight loss goals. The first three days are the hardest. But I always ate my evening meal so I made it through the day and looked forward to having my piece of chicken or my vegetables. Also, I can take the food with me wherever I go. It took me about six months to lose 35 pounds. It was amazing, but then I had a car accident and I've gained 20 pounds of it back. Then I started getting Medifast again and I'm not as motivated as I was.

I loved my girl that I went in to see all the time. We had a place here in Birmingham where I could go, but they have all closed down when the son inherited the program. It really helps to be going there and weigh in and be accountable and get your food and bring it home. Then they'd also see the progress and give compliments. Now, I have to get a box off the front porch. Also, when I was buying it, it was $17.95 a box which is pricey, but after he inherited the company, I heard it's now $19.50 a box. But I recommend it because it is something that anyone can do. It's hard but you just have to be dedicated. It made me feel good because I thought I was all that at my age.

Original review: May 28, 2017

A physician told me about Medifast, she had great success with it. I started it in April. The first two weeks took a lot out of me. I was having a really rough time and they talked me off the ledge a couple of times. I wasn't losing weight during those two weeks. Then all of a sudden, "boom" I was down ten pounds and then I got excited. By July, I was 40 pounds lighter. By Thanksgiving, I gained 20 of it back, just eating normal meals. I was okay with that too because I didn't think I'd keep it off because I wasn't doing anything but drinking shakes and eat a little lean and green. I did not do the weaning off process that they tell you to do when you stop it. I just stopped. I was just starving. It's tough to do because you don't feel well for a good ten days. That's how long it lasted for me then, it's like a first-trimester pregnancy.

They say it takes a few days before you feel good. It actually took me two weeks. It was pretty rough. I'm retired now but at the time, I was working. So, it's easier to be at work than it would be, when you’re at home and then felt that weak all the time. You go into ketosis. I took my blood sugar one-time and it was 40 when I was feeling really sick and weak. But I got through it and I did it and I was very successful. I just wasn't diligent enough to keep it off. I would never do that solely again because I can't go through that anymore.A lot of my friends did not do well. They had a reaction to soy, it made my sister very sick. She had sores all over her tongue and so did another friend of mine.

Overall, I'm happy with my Medifast experience. The Medifast representatives were always very helpful. Sometimes I had trouble ordering online and I would just call and they take care of it. Everybody I talked to was great. I like their coffee. I would make a smoothie out of the sauce or coffee for breakfast. Throughout the years, I ordered and did a little bit. But I've never really quite achieve the success I had the first time and then it got very expensive. So, I've stopped ordering it.

Original review: May 26, 2017

My stepdaughter was on Medifast and lost a lot of weight. What I like about it is it's an easier option. I like the prepackaged meals. I can have my meals planned out, grab it, and go. And then at night, I can eat protein if I want to or I'll have half of the egg - half protein in the morning and half at night. I'm still working on my weight loss goals and figuring out what food I like and which is easier for me. Oatmeal is really easy and some things I can grab and go. There are some things that I don't care for but I'll have to eat eventually though. Nonetheless, I'm satisfied. I just need to know if I can replace the shaker cup or do I have to buy a whole new stuff.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I was impressed by some of Medifast's advertising, and I thought I'd give it a try. I've lost 90 pounds but then gained 60 back. Then, I've lost 30 pounds again. I was surprised at how I wasn’t hungry, and so it was easy to stick with. I still could stand to lose about 60 pounds but if I lost another 45, I’d be happy. However, right now, I need to stop for a while just because I can’t afford it. It’s hard to eat that food constantly forever and ever. I've run into some other expenses and I just can’t afford the $300 a month. But then, it's been a good experience and I’d probably come back again some time. I'd recommend Medifast to other people.

This time around however, the prices have gone up about $2 a box. I thought it’s been a while since I did that. So, I was disappointed with the pricing of their food. But I guess I wasn’t too surprised. As far as the food goes, I’ve narrowed down what I liked and what I don’t really like that much or, what’s a hassle for me to make. I like to have bars, chips and stuff like that because I’m always on the run. The oatmeal was good. I like the pancakes and shakes too but I don’t really make them that often, although I have the stuff. Right now, I got a little backlog of boxes and other things. Also, I don’t go to any Medifast center. I just do the online ordering. I've been through weight loss programs, the counseling, and all that before, so it's not anything new to me. I’m my own motivation.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Medifast is a good company and they have a proven track record that can help people up. Years back I heard about them and I started trying them out when it was much more expensive to try than it is today. I went from 305 down to 240 and I'm still working on it. The portions were right and I felt good. I feel hungry and then it goes away as I get used to that diet. My bathroom routine changes and it goes when I go off the diet. I've been off and on for that last two years but I keep going back and get started again. I need to lose the rest of my 40 pounds against my goal weight.

When I first started Medifast, I have the girl that took care of me every Saturday that I went in. But the staff had changed and I would get whoever was available to take the next person so that's a big issue. Medifast should look at that again and think about how I can start out with one person who knows me versus somebody that doesn't know me and has to read my chart. And then originally, I thought the people were much more attuned to what's going on and the program itself. Earlier, there are people that cared about me and they make sure that they help me out on what I'm doing. But it was more of a job later than it was earlier on. Other than that, it's a good plan which works well and in general, the people are trying to help me stick to the plan.

Original review: May 23, 2017

My sister and her husband were on Medifast. They had really good success with it, so I tried it based on their success although I've had mixed feelings about this diet. I've lost 20 pounds in about two and a half months, but it's very hard to follow the way you're supposed to do it and I feel hungry a lot. The product is quite expensive too. Several people including my niece were on it too and they've done a lot better dealing with the diet. Maybe I haven't followed it as closely as I should and I go off of it a little bit at night which could be why I haven't lost more weight. I don't know if it's the right diet, but I've stuck with it. I was going to call and talk to a dietitian at Medifast but haven't done that. I've dealt with people at Medifast only when ordering the product and they've all been fine and professional.

Medifast Company Information