CubeSmart

• 0%
  • 6%
  • 85%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CubeSmart?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CubeSmart?
    Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed April 26, 2024

BEWARE! This place will lie and scam! They overcharged us, refused to accept any responsibility, or credit the overage amount, as well as they attempted to lie about the unit being trashed which luckily we have photos that was not the case. I would NOT rent from this place again. Their prices are not great and the customer service is horrible. CubeSmart Burnet Rd. Austin, TX

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 14, 2024

After about 2 or 3 months they increase from $99 to $120 and after 10 days they have a 20% interest charge and they call every few days for their money. I wouldn't recommend CubeSmart because they're increases. If you are going to be more than a month or two I wouldn't get a storage room from them because they will probably just increase the price every couple of months p so it would probably be from $100 to over $200 in a year if they keep raising their rate plus 20% interest if you're late more than 10 days. I'm just going to try to get my stuff out as soon as possible and never rent there again. Hopefully I can find a storage place that won't raise rates for at least every year.

Reviewed Feb. 23, 2024

A medical situation happen in my life. I understand my storage was past due so after 31 days they put a lien on my storage which I took care of but the thing of the nature the employee ** female kept stating in this neighborhood like the neighborhood has something to do what's situations and circumstances that's going on in people's lives. She was just rude and on top of that after paying taking off the lien I became current just to be informed that after 31 days not even up for auction they cut your lock off so you have to purchase another lock. That bad business because I think that's giving a heads up on the people that they know that's coming for the auction if it happens so they can have a head up of what's in your storage. Bad business, Please read your contract and I will not recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed Feb. 20, 2024

Rat infested units., prices go for $85-$300 within 2 years. Had to throw away a brand new mattress due to rat/mice feces. Found a live mouse inside mattress that the mouse torn. Once items were removed from unit a dead decaying mouse was in the unit.

Reviewed Feb. 20, 2024

With CubeSmart my experience was not good at all. Every time I went to the office to pay my bill on the first of the month no one was never in the office Or on the premises so I had to make two trip a day to try and catch them or call and tell them I need to come up and make a payment and ask them will they be in office. They will tell me what time the date and time they will be there and what time to come and make the payment. It was a very bad experience. The open and closed hours cubesmart employees didn't honor not to mention without my consent they bought the company from Extra Space and sent me a contract that I never signed and agreed to the contract or consented to the contract.

They stole my source data. I never rented from them. I was furious because this new company took over my contract without my permission and started the very next month doubling my rent from $75 dollars to $150 dollars. Then in six months it went again to $175 dollars and the next 6 months it was $202. Cubesmart is a ripoff.

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2024

This manager here at this facility and the other three facilities in this area is completely unprofessional. There was no security lights here on the outside or inside the storage units for the first 3 months that I was here besides the fact the gate did not close. Now the gate closes but it sits at 12:00 a.m. and you can put a code in in any four numbers and get into this facility at any time night or day. The manager Alex is completely unprofessional and one night when I was moving my stuff into another storage unit because he refused to rent me another storage unit which is completely ridiculous since I had a 5x10 and I had a four bedroom house I was moving in here he came and chased off the workers that I hired to help me move all my things in here and then he put a red lock on it after he refused to rent me another unit. Cost me $1,800 in work because I own my own business.

I don't do anything more than anybody else here. I come, I do my work, I get everything together to go to my next job. There's people that stay here 8 to 10 hours a day sleeping on the ground, working on motorcycles, all kinds of things, working on cars. It took me a month to move my things over here because my vehicle got stolen and so I had to use a bicycle and a trailer to get everything over here and he called that loitering. He is always on my butt for everything. He doesn't say anything to anyone else wants to show up on a Saturday night renting and Raymond and screaming and yelling like a crazy man at 8:00 at night. I had a job I was going to do for another customer in here and he canceled it because of him. He also told one of the people that were coming to buy a refrigerator for me that he wouldn't buy anything for me because it would be stolen.

This man is completely out of control and now he's trying to evict me again in 10 days. There is no way I can leave in 10 days. I don't have the manpower or the vehicle to move my things and I'm also doing chemo on every Friday. These people are completely unprofessional. They do not care about their customers. They only care about what they want to do when they want to do it. This place is completely disgusting. It has trash everywhere. People come and go all hours of the night and day obviously with his permission.

I would not rent from these people. After calling in eight times and trying to reach the district manager or talk to him twice he told me that he would get back with me and only got back with me one time every other time I had to chase him down and I still haven't heard from him and it's been a month and a half. They're totally in breach of contract for everything that's happened and I am not in the wrong for anything and I do not feel that I have to leave in 10 days. That is out of the question to be done in 10 days. If it took me a month to move my things here on a bike with the trailer do you think 10 days is going to give me anytime. The eviction notice that he gave me was not legal either. This is the second time that he's done this. I feel that he needs to be removed from his position or I'm going to sue this company and him for harassment.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2024

Raised the rates. Security gate not always working. Not weather proofed because the strip at the bottom of the door was badly damaged. Dealt with my product labels peeling off. My boxes were moist. My bins got dirty from being in there with bugs. Had to deal with wasps in the summer. No refund when you vacate early. Found an indoor unit the same size for a better rate.

Staff

Reviewed Jan. 12, 2024

I was evicted. Site staff harassed me about my smell in discreet but obvious behavior. As a customer- I do not need to appease or impress site staff and/or management. Staff did not offer me auto pay initially, then staff pretended to sign me up for auto pay at desk, but I discovered on due date that I had not been signed up for auto pay from toll free number agent. Hopefully, treatment against will not get poorer or bad levels or worse levels in the future.

Reviewed Jan. 3, 2024

If you want your belongings to be completely ruined by mice - store them at CubeSmart at 847 Trailview Blvd. Leesburg Va. 6k of damages and only a 3 month rental refund. You are better off storing your belongings in the woods.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2023

Beware! After selling our house in October 2022, we stored all of our belongings at this facility. In order to have the room we needed, they suggested the larger unit which was not climate controlled. After less than a year of everything being in there, we discovered pieces of furniture with some type of mold. We also had many items rusted, not to mention everything was filthy dirty. There must have been some kind of defect or issue with this particular unit, given the extent of the damage to numerous pieces of furniture, as well as many other assorted items. We even laid down rugs and moving blankets on the concrete floor as well as covering items with moving blankets and plastic. Some items survived; others did not.

Upon contacting Cube Smart, we were advised that we had insurance as part of our monthly payment and they gave us information on filing a claim with their insurance company, Great American Insurance Group. The claims adjuster had us e-mail photos and answer many questions only to blow us off and declare that it was not covered. So essentially, the money from the monthly payment that goes to this company is useless. It benefits them and CubeSmart, not the consumer. We not only spent thousands of dollars on storage over the course of a year, we lost thousands of dollars worth of belongings and had to pay more money to dispose of everything that could not be salvaged.

We also spoke with the regional manager for this location and he told us, "Sorry, but there's nothing we can do. Not our problem." It had to be something we did or didn't do or could have been something from an adjoining unit. Basically, too bad for you. Obviously, we will never use them again and will tell anyone and everyone that we know, NOT to use CubeSmart. But, especially Do Not store anything at this location. If I could give no stars and horrible as a rating, I would.

Reviewed Dec. 10, 2023

CubeSmart is not secure, they allowed someone to break into my storage unit by peeling away cheap metal to get in. Many items rifled through, boxes open and emptied, Christmas presents still in the shipping packages were opened and stolen. This is devastating. No security, don't trust them with your belongings.

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2023

They raised my rent without previous notification, (which is against their own policy) then acted stunned when I needed to abandon my unit full of precious items and shamed me for doing it. I’m disgusted by the treatment I received after years of paying tons of rent to this company.

Reviewed Nov. 26, 2023

At first it seemed perfect. It’s clean and affordable as feels safe. But after a few months they Jack up your rent no matter how many units you have. There is no discount for multiple units. And the low price is to lure you in but they don’t care about long term customers they only care about YOUR MONEY!! Find a better place with integrity, fairness and a loyalty to customers.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 20, 2023

Giving people 30 days to move out during Thanksgiving was disgusting! Letting them know Oct 31 when they must have known for a year! What if someone had been away for two weeks? They claim they'll dump all their belongings! Because they have "construction" to do. **** Not bad enough the price increases $100 the first 6 months and then $100/year and had to wrestle it back down to $50 - so we paid $400 for a 10x15 cube.... Then you give people no notice you're going to 'do construction"...

You must have known for a year and you wait till a month a lot of people go away and there is also veterans Day....and the entire facility has to out at the same time putting strain on the loading and cart situation... And everyone trying to get a new unit at the same time. Your business practices are disgusting! Hope to never do business with you again! ***Oh and they say you can bring your own lock but their own proven to be substandard locks are the only ones that fit - so you do have to buy their overcharged crappy lock. Check your for people popping them right open! ***Also person rarely at desk during normal scheduled hours.

Reviewed Nov. 7, 2023

My representative won my possessions back on my behalf, due to being ill. Paid the auction and attempted to settle debt with CubeSmart as directed by auction. June, manager at North Charleston location was being spiteful and blocked him from doing so and all memorabilia is gone. I can always purchase new worldly possessions, but not scrapbooks, pictures and memories of my children as my illness worsens. Some people are praying on your downfall for financial lining of their pocket.

Reviewed Oct. 26, 2023

I was renting a storage unit J75 in Bradenton, Florida. The storage had a roof leak, damaging my possessions. It was incredibly infested with spiders, roaches, and mice. For all the money we pay, one would think the units could be sprayed once in a while. I will NOT recommend Cubesmart to anybody. Shame on you, Cubesmart!

CoveragePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2023

I have been a renter since May 2023 at this storage facility without missing any payments. On 10/2/2023 I visited my storage unit to only find my belongings destroyed covered in rodent feces and urine. There are also cockroaches at this storage facility as I saw a few during this time. I had no idea my belongings were covered in rodent urine until I started to pick up my bags to maneuver things around and noticed that my hands were wet with the smell of urine. I am allergic to cockroaches, I immediately get rhinitis in the setting of them.

I stormed to the office to advise a manager of this situation TWICE to only be told “they are not here at the moment and will get back to you later on today”. I’m a registered nurse and my schedule is hectic. I have taken two days off from work to attend to this matter. Trying to salvage what is left of my belongings, throw away all damaged items, and trying to close this storage unit. A manager still hasn’t gotten back to me regarding this matter, and the weekend is approaching.

I have also filed an insurance claim with the hope of my belongings to be replaced only to be notified that rodent damage IS NOT covered with the insurance policy. This is not only frustrating, but it's very inconvenient and unfortunate. The district manager reached out to me saying he will try to get me a refund worth 3 months of storage payments ONLY and that I was responsible for THEIR storage facility being rodent infested. He made it very clear that CUBESMART is concerned with their reputation ONLY and asked me not to leave a review. This was over 2 weeks ago & no one has resolved my issue. I never got a chance to speak with the manager of the facility DIRECTLY. HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO USE CUBESMART AS THE COMPANY ONLY CARES ABOUT THEIR REPUTATION INSTEAD OF THEIR CUSTOMER'S SUPPORT. YOU WILL LOSE MONEY & YOUR BELONGINGS WILL BE DESTROYED.

Reviewed Sept. 21, 2023

I rented a storage unit for 3-4 years. I rarely went to the unit during this time period. I missed a monthly payment once, but I paid it when I remembered. When I went to move my belongings into a new apartment, I found a new lock on my unit and some of my belongings were stolen. I will never use or recommend Cubesmart.

Contract & TermsPricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Aug. 24, 2023

They offer a first very low price for a storage unit. But Read the contract very well, additional charges, will apply in the following months. Also very high late fees during one month. And They have different owners, You have to pay in the same location.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 22, 2023

In Ames, Iowa Jodi was a great with helping me with reserving my unit at a decent price. When it came time for me to move In, my reservation was no longer valid as they decreased reservation times down to only 8 days with no given notice and I never received a email nor a text saying that it was cancelled. Jodi contacted the district manager Mike and he informed her and the other customer service representative (who's temporary), that they won't honor my move in price and now I have to pay today's 35% price increase with no given notice.

Fast forward a few weeks and Jodi sent another email to Mike and he confirmed that I can get my original payment. When I received and paid my first bill it was considerably more than what it was suppose to be. I went into the office and Jodi emailed him again and said she would reach out after he responds. A week or so passes and I return to the storefront, to discover Jodi has been let go and the new receptionist gave me the Manager number and he won’t respond or call back. I just paid my second bill today and due to lack of communication on management’s behalf, I will be looking for another facility or selling everything in my unit.

PricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Aug. 15, 2023

I rented three units when the building my shop was in sold. They went up in price so many times I had to throw most of my items away just to close the units...It cost more than my shop did! I am down to one unit now and the cost has more than doubled. Their philosophy is most people are there because they have no place to put things (obviously)...therefore they cannot leave so they continue to raise the price because they know "they have you"....and then, if you are 1 week late in your payment, they charge you a 20% fee...for me that is $68.00!! This is extortion, they have your things and think that they can charge you whatever they want because you HAVE to pay it. Stay away from this place at all costs!!

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Aug. 12, 2023

I have been storing at Cubesmart for four plus years, prices raised yearly. I am now paying THREE TIMES what they are charging currently for the exact same space. Corporate customer service is nonexistent and local is of very little help.

Reviewed Aug. 8, 2023

We went to empty our storage unit and found mice had chewed up boxes, books, important paperwork, pictures, etc. Also rain had leaked through and destroyed boxes. It is a place I would never recommend! The health department should.

Reviewed Aug. 3, 2023

We haven't even had our storage a year yet and the price has jumped 2xs already. We're going to be paying basically $300 nowadays month. Not even worth it anymore. All our stuff smells musty or damp. We will either look for a new Storage place or just pull everything out get rid of tons of our stuff so we don't need storage anymore.

Customer Service

Reviewed July 7, 2023

West Des Moines, IA. If you're looking for OUTSIDE storage, keep looking. They advertise being well-lit, and secure; that is a joke. After our toy-hauler was broken into we asked about the cameras....answer was, "Oh, sorry we don't have them" or "they weren't working in the area we rented." I'm writing this while "on hold" for their SureSmart/Great American Insurance customer service; 20 mins and holding. I detest companies with "America" in their name that have horrible service, do better or get out of business!

Coverage

Reviewed July 6, 2023

This place is not maintained and in HORRIBLE condition! The security gate is left open 24/7. Everything I had stored there was ruined due to severe roof leaks. I have photos of all of my belongings covered in mildew and mold. I also have pictures of the ceiling that is covered in mold and mildew from the leaking roof. They say I have no insurance, which I have proof of on my monthly receipts. All of my belongings are a complete loss and no one will try to help rectify the situation.

Staff

Reviewed June 30, 2023

My quad was stolen in less than a day when I first placed it there at the Taunton Massachusetts location. I have every reason to believe the facility manager and at least 1 other person were responsible for this loss. No one knew I was there unloading the quad and no one was around to see me. I would not recommend this company and they only had 1 camera at the gate to see who is coming or going but nowhere else in the facility. After the theft I found a hole cut in the fence for a person to enter and the gate opens automatically upon leaving with no code needed, what a nice setup for an inside job! They were uncooperative with me and authorities, if you have valuable property stay away from this company.

Reviewed June 14, 2023

I rented two units from them. Hhad my possession in storage for a few years and never once was informed that they had a mice infestation. I paid for my possession to get destroyed. They dropped my insurance.

Reviewed June 10, 2023

The workers are ok. However, the changes that are being made in the last few months are nothing short of discouraging. Security is non-existent. No lighting is in the parking lot. 1840 Iris Dr. is not a place to rent from. High rental price with peace of mind. Gravel yard need major overhaul.

Reviewed June 10, 2023

My husband and I have parked our big rig truck at this property for 8 years now. Very loyal to this property in Conyers GA.. We are now being told the rental space will double.. because of greed.. I understand profits.. However I don’t understand robbery when the economy is not doubling our paychecks. DO NOT RENT SPACE HERE. They will suck you dry and nickel and dime you til you bleed!

CubeSmart Company Information