1.52/5
  • 1 star
Based on 92 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Find the right jewelry store for you
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Jewelry Television

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 29, 2017

95 Jewelry Television Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

On September 27, 2017 I received an ad on my Facebook stream that they were selling an item for $99.99. When I called to order the item I was told that they did not advertise on Facebook and the customer service rep hung up on me. I called back and got a supervisor who told me it was a fake ad and refused to sell me the item for the advertised price. Since then I've received at least one advertisement for the item either on Facebook or my email at least once day.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Advertised as Italian Sterling silver byzantine necklace - Bought necklace in Dec. 2016, had a few months. Link on necklace broke apart, sent back, they replaced it on 3-23-2017. Now it turned completely black (WHAT KIND OF ITALIAN SILVER IS THIS, I ASKED)? Spoke to Michelle in customer experience dept. (is it really), they said if I send $20 they would send it to a jeweler with no guarantee they would restore to original state in same condition I bought it. That's not fair AND WITH NO GUARANTEES it would look the same when I bought it. THE RUNAROUND, NOT ANOTHER HAPPY CUSTOMER, REPORTING TO D&B as well to Knoxville Tenn. (BBB). Please join me in reporting them to these agencies, they need to know, especially with the other complaints they have online up til this Sept. 2017. I asked the name of the manufacturer who made this piece. They said don't know, WHAT!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I ordered over $500 worth of jewelry for my daughter's wedding. I even paid for express shipping. I received 2 out of the 3 items. When I called the company they said that the third item would be shipped out and I would receive it in a couple of days at no shipping cost to me. One week later, I get a letter from the company asking me to fill out a form saying the item did not arrive. I had to fill out the form and send it back to the company. UPON THEIR INVESTIGATION, they would ship the item to me. I called the company and asked them to cancel the order. The representative I spoke to said they would be happy to and I would receive a refund...less the shipping and handling within 45 days. I find this totally unacceptable. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told... “There are none available, Have a nice day.” This practice seems totally unacceptable to me and should be stopped. I am contacting my bank to see if they can get better results.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I received an email with a coupon. I clicked the link, found something that qualified, went to check out and got the message that the coupon was not applicable. So I got on live chat and the rep asked me lots of questions which proved that my purchase did meet the requirements for the coupon, but all she finally said was she couldn't figure out why it wouldn't take it, "sorry".

So I tried placing the order with a live human and they couldn't get it to work, either, but didn't know why. So basically they said too bad, so sad, let's place the order anyway. I said absolutely not. It was a big order, too, but nothing I couldn't live without. Now I have a bad taste in my mouth for JTV and will stick with QVC, who honors all coupons even if they have to manually input it. THAT is good customer service!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I became the customer 2 or 3 months ago. I bought 21 or 22 pieces of jewelry from JTV for neck, wrist, finger, etc. Most of the time I received it at home, I was disappointed. Either, the items were over-priced and did not worth the price they charged me, or they seemed used or returned item. One time, I bought a set of pendant and ring and on TV, they seemed to be a match on the sales person's demo; but when I received it at home, they had a champagne color for the pendant but white stone for the ring. I complained about it, they said to return it back to them. One time, I ordered silver pendant and they sent me gold with gold chain and charged me arm and leg. Ensure whatever you order, it is what you get.

A few days ago, I was wearing the moonstone ring that I got from JTV to my office, place of my business. I went to get something from my car parked in the parking lot and all of a sudden I heard something light hit the ground. I looked at my ring and I noticed the moonstone was missing. This ring does not have a prong to keep the stone secure in its place. It seems like they just put the stone in the center and there is nothing to keep the stone secure in the center. I looked back couple of steps and found the stone on the ground and chipped off. I called the JTV today, Sat and since there was no customer service, I asked to talk to the shift manager. I complained about workmanship and told him I'd like to return the ring and get another one. He said: "You probably dang it somewhere and we cannot take it back because it is outside 30 days window and this is a impasse!

I tried to explain that I was wearing it, but because there is no prong to hold it secure in place, the stone fell out of its holder and hit and chipped. This is not my fault. I did not hit the stone to the wall, door, or another object. It fell by itself and I want it to be replaced. This is manufacturer's fault and I should not pay for their guarantee of their product. I cannot predict what could go wrong and when. In reality, there should be no place for anything to go wrong if it is a good quality ring.

In the case of this moonstone ring, the manufacturer of the ring did not secure the stone in the center and it got separated from its place holder and hit the ground and that was not my fault; it was the poor quality workmanship of manufacturer who did not make a reliable, secure holder for the center stone! As such, I have to receive a replacement for the ring from the manufacturer. The gentleman that I spoke from JTV was just arguing with me and would not understand what I had to say and I strongly want a replacement for my moon stone!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jewelry Television?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I am writing regarding a bracelet that had a stone fall out. I contacted JTV customer care to see if they could fix it. I mentioned that the missing stone was a heart shaped larimar, which I believed would be unlikely replaceable. The nice rep told me to send it in for them to look at. I agreed and said it would only be worth it (due to shipping) if they could call me to discuss options BEFORE returning it to me. She said she notated that in the system, and that I should also write that on my return slip, which I did. My plan was to ask if they could use a stone near the clasp and switch it with the missing stone since the bracelet was slightly large on me anyway.

I received the bracelet returned back to me in the mail, with a note saying the bracelet could not be repaired or sized. I NEVER received the call as requested and promised! I contacted customer care, and the rep told me she saw the note regarding my request for a call; however, it was after hours and I should call tomorrow. I called again the following day and was told that no such note existed in their system!! Not only did I waste money on shipping, but now somebody is lying to me! I asked if they would cover my shipping cost in light of this and was told no, it was against their policy. I am now thoroughly disgusted with JTV and no longer trust them! Due to this, they have lost a customer. See 'ya JTV!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I shopped here for five months before I realized that they don't even have some of the most common gemstone jewelry. Shopping networks like HSN, QVC and ShopHQ have jewelry in rhodolite garnet, emeralds, sapphires and Sleeping Beauty turquoise. During the time I was shopping this site, there were none of the above listed gems in jewelry. The only sapphire I saw during one of the shows was LAB CREATED and those were loose gemstones.

In fact, they have a LOT of lab created gems, i.e., blue spinel, alexandrite, etc. Also, their diamond simulant, Bella Luce, is way over-priced. I don't see tanzanite jewelry anymore either. They do NOT grade their gemstones, either. I'm not going to pay $5K for a 14K diamond ring with without graded diamonds, thank you! One of the hosts recently made the statement that they are the "biggest and the best." In my opinion, that's totally false advertisement. If that's the case, where are all the exotic and rare gems such as Marialite, Vivianite, Ruby Zoisite, Norwegian Thulite, Austrian Pinolith, Vesuvianite, and the list goes on.

Original review: July 10, 2017

WARNING!!! Before you buy stuff you have to be sure 100% you like the stuff you buy from JTV. Because if not you going to return within 30 days they will refund you. BUT the BIG BUT!!! Here is you to pay shipping and return fee. The shipping of $2.99 and return shipping and constant FEE of $6.99 so you going to pay $9.98 for every item you order! REMEMBER This. EVERY ITEM CHARGE YOU ALMOST $10.00 for RETURNING ITEMS. Please careful on this website store.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I was contacted by JTV to take a survey regarding their company. I was prompted through a series of questions which appeared typical for this type of survey. With one exception. They were interested in knowing my age. Being many many years older than a minor and now a senior, the age thing was curious. If I shop at Macy's they don't care how old I am.

Then I was asked about whether I used other sites for shopping, which I specified "NO". I really didn't think this had anything to do with my business with them. I was quickly notified that I did not "qualify" to take the survey. Strange using the term "qualify" when sending the inquiry to begin with. My quick reaction was if I did not qualify for the survey, then I was not qualified to continue as one of their customers. My closing comment was "So long, JTV."

Original review: July 4, 2017

I have read several negative remarks concerning JTV and I'm a little alarmed. As of today I have ordered many pieces from them and I'm very pleased with my items. I had an issue with one item. I called told them of the problem, they told me to return it with no issues. They are always polite and when I call. I even had an issue with the payment which was my fault. I thought I had finished paying off an item then I tried to purchase another item. They told me I had missed a payment and once I paid that off I could begin to charge again. And they allowed me to charge that very same day. I have received many compliments on my jewelry! I would recommend them to anyone! I love JTV!

Original review: June 14, 2017

How many times I have customers warned to stay away from JTV and their swindling and lying hosts. They have been trained to use every trick in the book to scam and rip the customers off, and people still believe those crooks and shysters. JTV and JTV customer service stole out of a debit card account $749.49. They had emptied the whole account. Plus one overdraft Wells Fargo paid and knew something was very wrong here, got in contact with the card holder. Yes.. The money was stolen by JTV and JTV customer service. The bank wanted to file a lawsuit against JTV if that stolen money was not returned at once. A new card was issued with new numbers, JTV did all that in 2 days’ time at different times of the day and different amounts.

JTV and their peddlers fly by night crooks and those swindling hosts, peddle fake manmade plastic concoctions for real gemstones. Fake metal, when the claim 18k gold over other metal, it turned to be gold tone, rose tone or silver tone, a cheap substitute they use for plating cheap custom jewelry. Fake Russian alexandrite, a manmade concoction. Fake colors, they never exist in the authentic Russian alexandrite. I put a picture of the real authentic Russian alexandrite on Facebook. I owned one for a little while, the seating was too high, and I lost the stone, that was in the 80th, but I never will forget that rarest of them all gemstone, a solid piece of rock, not transparent.

Do not purchase any of JTV’s junk jewelry or stones, you will be ripped off 100% guaranteed. Many times I wrote on Facebook. Stay away from JTV, you be the loser, when they advertise their credit card, it is like a gimmick. People called in with excellent credit for a credit card from JTV...but never got a response. JTV does not want for you to get JTV’s credit card for this reason. They prevent the people use their own credit cards, reason? They can steal money out of people’s credit cards, but they can't out of their credit card. When will people learn to stay away from JTV, known all over for being the most dishonest, most crooked shopping channel on the internet. Peddling trash and junk. One good thing, sales at JTV are way down. Customers are leaving. So JTV has to come up with fake gimmicks

And never send your gold to JTV. Never. You will never see it again or pieces missing or they give to you a tiny amount of money, where JTV promised to you to send you more than other places. Do not ship your gold to JTV or any other shopping channel. You will be out of your gold, stay away from JTV, your card is an open book. JTV can steal as much money out of your card as they want. Day or night. Also your card numbers can be sold, take this warning serious, very serious... If there is any way I can ever include a picture of the real Russian alexandrite, let me know. If you ever purchased from JTV or any other shopping channel a fake Russian alexandrite, you can file a lawsuit against them. I stand behind everything I say or write.

Original review: May 2, 2017

JTV will air an item and the host says it's brand new. They offer it for $69.99 but show the JTV regular price as $99.99 even though they have never sold it at that price. Then they raise the price of the item to $89.99 and still claim it's on sale... Again even though they have never actually sold it for $99.99. How does a company raise the price by $20 and claim an item is on sale.

Original review: April 18, 2017

Feeling Ripped-Off. After recently losing my husband I purchased a bracelet from JTV as a Christmas present for myself. I never received the bracelet. I reported the issue to them and they denied the claim stating that I must contact my local police department and notify them of the loss. After months of going back and forth with JTV, I had to take a $260.00 loss for an item that I never received. This is very disappointing. Is there anything that can be done to get my money back?

Original review: April 18, 2017

I tried to check orders I placed on the telephone - www.JTV.com - my account had no history of any orders. I have ordered at least 20 separate items since Feb 2017 - I called customer service JTV. They told me, "If you order on the phone it is a separate account and the internet account will not show any of the orders placed on the telephone." If I want any information regarding phone orders on my account I have to call their customer service for any and all phone orders. I asked for a bill to be mailed to me with all orders placed and all orders returned. I was told a e-mail would be sent to me with this information. I too think it is ridiculous that you are not able to check your orders online and also cannot pay off STRETCH PAYMENTS. I am a avid internet buyer (QVC has your account online with any order or returned items listed). You can pay off existing payments. Has anyone else had this problem with JTV?

Original review: March 29, 2017

Several times now, for several orders and products purchased, Jewelry Television did not post the reviews I wrote. The reviews were 2 and 3 stars and mentioned flaws in the products. There were other reviews posted, at later dates and from other people, that were 4 and 5 star reviews. Those reviews got posted. It seems like false advertising on the part of JTV to censor reviews in this way. I have to question the legitimacy of the product reviews they have posted on their site, and I have to wonder how many other negative ones were left off. I suppose that could be considered false advertising. It's a shame because some of the products I like, but I think honesty is important when dealing with companies.

Original review: March 23, 2017

Called the real co. that sells moissanite. The fire moissanite is not real moissanite. Was told it has different made up properties in the Fire Moissanite. Very disappointed. Thank goodness I only purchased 1 less expensive piece. Found this out yesterday.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

Paid for expedited shipping on 2/20/17 yet, no delivery and no one can tell me when or if it will be delivered. 3 calls and an online chat was to no avail. Chat person said maybe, I will be notified "in a few days". Maybe? Really? The cost of the stone is $1300 with the shipping.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

My experience with the company was great. They were honest and prompt to respond to my concerns. The satisfaction team was amazing in making sure I was happy. Thank you. I will be using them in the near future for more great ideas in my jewelry journey.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

When I called in to place my order for 2 items they said they would be delivered by 2/17 and charged my account right away. After inquiring when my next bill date would be for the 2nd installment I was told from the order date not the ship date or received date. I received the email for the order confirmation and a 2nd requesting feedback even prior to the item being shipped let alone received. After a few more days (well over a week at this point) I called customer service to find out when the items would be shipping. I was told by 1 person that one of the items was out of stock which was holding up the order. That person transferred me to another person who said the opposite and that my order was being processed at that very moment to be shipped and that he would expedite the shipping at no cost and it would ship the next day and I'd receive an email confirmation.

3 days later, no shipping confirmation and certainly no 2 shipping was done. Again, I called into customer service at which point I was told by now a third person that the order hadn't yet shipped because they needed to verify the name and address on my debit card with my bank and that hadn't been done yet. This is now past the 2/17 day of quoted delivery. At that point I told the representative to cancel the order altogether, which she didn't seem to care much about. Funny, when I went to check my bank account, at the very moment I was requesting her to cancel the order my account was charged for the 2nd installment. Thankfully all of the charges were reversed but what kind of a business operates that way? Not one I'll buy from that's for sure. I'll stick with HSN or QVC - I've never had any issues with either of them in the past.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

MTV was featuring a set with a necklace, earrings and a ring for $79.99 for the Valentine's Day Special show. I entered all of the required information very quickly, added my credit card information and submitted the order and guess what? Error message popped up and said quantity not available, but I'm watching the show live and the presenter is saying there are still some available! So irritated! Tried to call customer service and NEVER got through! Will not be ordering from JTV again!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

PLEASE USE EXTREME CAUTION if you choose to order from JTV. As of Feb. 2017 I have been a customer for 1 year now. JTV has to be the most deceiving companies I have ever seen in my life. Yeah, they may have a 30-day return policy but it's at the CUSTOMER'S expense. I should have returned more than half of the items I ordered. The quality wasn't good to begin with and the last few items I ordered looked like I got them out of a gumball machine, just embarrassing to wear!!! The sizing is almost always off on the rings, there seems to be no quality control whatsoever. I've received items that were obviously worn and returned and it did not state that they were pre-owned when I purchased them and I was charged FULL price.

Be careful when ordering online. When it says "Free Shipping Sitewide" check your cart because I have caught them adding shipping charges for each item on more than 1 occasion. I tried reporting this to customer service for 4 days in a row and nothing was done about it - when I asked if the customers who were ordering online would be credited for their error they put me on hold and I was disconnected within 5 minutes. I've had numerous "ghost" charges on SEVERAL items I've put on "stretch Pay" and have never been refunded a penny on it.

Furthermore, I have learned that they have "offsite vendors" so when you hear the hosts saying to "Hurry up and order" DON'T DO IT!!! They will replenish the stock within 24 hours by calling the "vendor". I've watched this happen with at least 20 plus items over the past year. They are false advertising and that is against the law!!! I've had lost shipments several times also - filing a claim is like pulling teeth with these people! They will do almost anything NOT to refund their customers. I don't like the fact that most of the items I have purchased have "MADE IN CHINA" on them - the quality is horrible! I prefer to buy American - thank you very much!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

Buyers beware when ordering jewelry from JTV. Half the jewelry items I have bought have been returned because the high end quality of the jewelry is completely lacking. Was eagerly awaiting arrival of a heart and crystal necklace which wasn't even done in real silver which cost $52.00. It arrived with crystals missing and was dull in color. Ordered a fleur de lis necklace which was said to have expensive moissanite which is comparable to look of genuine diamonds. Had a price tag of $90.00. The pendant lacks sparkle and is smaller than head size of a penny.

Went to write a review on their site and couldn't because I only got a screen saying I was leaving a secure area and was unable to find anywhere on their actual site which would allow me to write a review. I love unusual gemstone jewelry and wish I could find a reasonably priced jewelry site which offers consistent quality on their pieces. It's so frustrating that JTV and several other sites selling jewelry only offer a 30 day return policy. Sometimes you don't wear a new piece of jewelry until a month after receiving it, and then something breaks or stones fall out, etc., the first time you wear it.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I am ** and I shop JTV. However the lack of racial diversity bothers me. JTV had only ** hosts, ** models... no people of color. What's that about? Other jewelry stations are very diverse. I will not continue to shop JTV if diversity is not a 2017 push.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I bought a Peridot ring and really liked it. Wore it a few times when one of the stones fell out. It was just over the 30 day period, so I contacted customer service. They told me they couldn't do anything for me since I didn't buy the extended warranty. (Also stating that my situation was a very rare occurrence. If that's the case, why buy the extended warranty? And if it's that rare, why not stand behind their product.) I really like the ring, and they were running a sale that had it greatly reduced, so I went ahead and purchased another one, with the warranty. I wrote a review for their site, explaining the stone fell out after a few wears, but it was never published. When I asked about that, they said all reviews go through an independent company who selects which ones to publish. Hmmm. I doubt mine will ever be seen. Buyer beware!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I had a very similar experience as another reviewer here. I tried to make an online purchase and after clicking to confirm the order the website redirected me to a page telling me to please try to complete the order again, but the money was deducted from my PayPal account. Now that I see this same thing has happened to other customers, I wouldn't bother trying to purchase again if this company doesn't care about fixing the issue.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I waited a while before I ordered anything from this particular company. I thought that I did hard that I could do to check to make sure good day will the ones that are wanted to order something fast. Well I finally did and they were the nicest on the phone when you're ordering but unfortunately we have a problem. There is nobody to call and if you call them when they're on TV live then mean and "I tell you we can help you get in touch with customer service." Well don't you think I tried 20 times. Never got back to me and then I find out that they go through a Thing Called live stream where they could be in California and where they connected to Good Day New York and we could walk away get off the air at any time and that right there scared me.

No way what I spent my husband spent for our anniversary gift to me I have a feeling I'm not going to get what I asked for. I'm going to have to keep what I got. He always tells me "stop buying jewelry" and I did stop for a while actually for a long time because I've been burnt buy almost all of them and one of them is also JTV. Well here I go again.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I love jewelry and I sometimes buy a lot of it. I don't need it to be expensive, but I do need the stones to be real. I need it to be well made. I found JTV and bought many things there. They were having specials on buying an item and paying for them in payments. So, I bought quite a few items. The payments were great for me, not only because it seemed easier to pay for, but I could bring some of these items home and check them out before I used all my money on a couple of items that weren't all that good and had to go back. But suddenly I got an error message. Then I didn't get a message. Then I did.

I finally called to find what was going on. I ended up with a rude, and I mean rude, person in customer service. She said there was a limit to how much I could put on payment plans. I asked if any of that was written anywhere, and no it wasn't. Then she said I had to pay an extraordinary amount of cash, right then, or they would cancel all my purchases. I couldn't even figure that out because for several months they had ridiculous errors on their site so that the pictures didn't go with the numbers and that didn't go with the description. I couldn't figure out anything with no information. I told them it was their fault and they should fix it without messing with me.

To make a long story short, this woman, after promising to call me and straighten it out, just cancelled all pending orders. She did it in such a way that I didn't realize it until much later when all items were put back and most were gone so I couldn't rebuy anything. I went around and around with them about how much I owed. I didn't get things they charged me for and told me to figure it out. I have never seen a company in such a mess. I have tried to use them here and there but I have been very careful.

I also know that so many of their new rules aren't written anywhere to read. After trying to buy a few things this year, I spent time on the internet trying, I had to call and ask questions. Then when I was finally really to hit buy, it told me they were having problems with something on the order. There was nothing on the order that was marked. After a couple of tries, I had to call and do it all over the phone. I haven't received this order yet so I don't know if I have another problem or not. The woman in customer care I am sure was not reprimanded at all. No one seemed to care.

My other complaint is the quality of their stones has gone down a lot. There used to be an unwritten rule that a certain type of diamond was not put in jewelry because it was too flawed. Now they are putting terrible diamonds in their items. Diamonds that are black with flaws. They started using white topaz instead which I approved of. Now I ordered a pair of earrings and both had terribly flawed white topaz also. They can't even keep small topazes clear. I am not sure at all that I will be shopping with them for much longer. They are going downhill in their quality too fast for me.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

I purchased 6 rings from JTV. After 30 days one of the stones fell out. I will never order from them again. The rings said made in China. So I guess that's why their jewelry is made so cheap. They have good prices but the quality sucks.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

I have only been a customer with JTV since Dec. 2015 and in that time, I have had too many issues with their automated ordering and payment system. So far, I have had 4 issues with ordering online. One of these times, I made a purchase online and wanted to pay by PayPal balance. As I tried to finalize the order, an error message had come up saying there was an issue with processing it and to try putting the order through again. I went through the process again, logging into my PayPal account, and I immediately noticed that the money for the order had been taken out of my PayPal account balance. Why was their automated system taking money, if the order had not been finalized yet?

I also discovered that their automated ordering system, on this second time trying to put the order though, tried to charge a credit card that I had on file with PayPal. Again the order had not been finalized at all, and I had not chosen "pay by credit card" in PayPal to pay for the purchase. I spend the next two days speaking with people from JTV and PayPal to try and recover the money for the purchase. JTV said they saw no order, so there was no money to return; PayPal said they could not do anything since it was the merchant (JTV) that made the charge and they have to reverse it. Finally, after 4 days, the money was refunded to me. Apparently JTV found the money in the system and returned it. Such absolute nonsense.

Out of stupidity, I guess, I decided to give JTV another chance, and I placed another order the following week. Here, again, another ordering or processing problem occurred, this was about 6 days later, forcing me to AGAIN contact CS to help rectify the problem. For this order, I was keeping track of it online in my JTV account. When I logged into my account on JTV to check on the status of this order, the order was in some kind of "payment reconciliation" status. I knew what this was, experiencing it before. I called JTV CS and was told the payment method I used to pay for the order, could not go through. I used a prepaid Visa and the money was there on the card. What JTV's automated ordering and payment system was trying to do, was charge me AGAIN for this order it already had charged.

The money for the order was "on hold" by JTV, according to the bank card company, so there was no need to charge me again. I had to call JTV, and the CS rep cancelled the order, which in turn, fixed the problem. Seems JTV does not care about their ordering and payment problems. Their automated system charges people for the order, whether the order goes through or not; tries to charge credit cards without orders being finalized; and tries to charge customers twice for orders already charges and all this before anything ships. It is such a terrible ordering system.

About the quality of JTV jewelry. I have purchased many things from JTV, most of it good quality. The last two orders I received, were below acceptance merchandise. One was a pair of lab created padparadscha sapphire stud earrings. They were on clearance. When I received them, I immediately could see the stones were different colors: one was a lighter pinky orange color and the other was a deep red storage color. How does a pair of earring, with only two stones to have to match, make it out of QA? I could see if it was a multi-stone bracelet, but two earrings? I should have just kept them, but was angry, so I returned them. The other was a set of 3 stud earring pairs, again on clearance.

Every single post, all 6 of them, were not only bent from the base of the earring in back, but looked like they were mangled, many bends in the posts. How in the world could JTV justify sending such garbage to a customer? It makes me think that JTV puts their problem, or defective, or customer returned merchandise on clearance, and hopes that the customer will just keep the junk jewelry, since shipping them back can be more that the items.

For a company that has been around for over 20 years, it acts like a new, immature company, with their problematic automated ordering/payment system and questionable sales practices. For now, I will refrain from ordering from JTV. Too many negative things have happened to make me want to do business with them, anytime soon.

Original review: July 1, 2016

I have purchased (and returned) several items. I had purchased an Ethiopian Opal Cross Necklace. When I went to clean it, it turned YELLOW. I have never had that happen, and I have lots of opals. I called JTV Customer Service and they said it would turn back - which it did (a little duller, though.) I still think this is a fake stone as I've NEVER had any of my opals do this before. I just have to assume that it is very cheap. I won't purchase from them again. The diamonds are dull. The stones go dull after a few months. (Had this happen with two Cor-De-Rosa Morganite rings.)

Jewelry Television Company Information