1.61/5

Knoxville, TN

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

141 Jewelry Television Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Do not buy anything from JTV! I purchased a red diamond flower ring that I thought was pretty. First of all the diamonds have an orange hue, not red. I cannot wear this ring. I purchased it in the fall. I developed a blood clot so I didn’t get around to sizing it until the next year. I brought it to a jeweler and he said he could not work on it. He said the prongs on it are lousy and if I were to wear the ring the diamonds are loose and would fall out and there is no way to repair it. I contacted JTV. They were totally nasty. They refused to do anything about it because it had been past the 30 day return period. I paid $230.00 for a ring I cannot wear and cannot sell this way. SHAME on JTV!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I ordered a 2mm solid 14k rope chain. I got a 1mm hollow rope chain and now customer service act like it's my fault and expect me to kiss their ** to get service. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!! Go to eBay. You will get a better deal and a money back guarantee if you don't get what you ordered. JTV will take some time to get this resolved.

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

We purchased and had to return a ring. I am happy I insured it through the post office. They claimed they did not have the ring even though the post office has it as delivered back to them. The lady in customer service on January 14, 2019 am was a disgrace, rude and very disrespectful. Leaving me with no recourse but to open the claim for the insured item through the post office. Needless to say buyer beware. Your item disappears when you return it and leaving the customer with anxiety as to how to get a refund. This has got to be the most disgraceful company to do any business with.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I read the reviews and am shocked! I have shopped with JTV for several years now and I will say that they have really fantastic jewelry at extremely fair and sometimes incredible prices. I would first like to address folks about shipping charges... The most they ever charge for shipping is $6.99. A majority of the time they have free shipping or very reduced shipping of $2.99. I usually only buy when there is free shipping. Anyone saying their shipping charges are outrageous is just a liar, plain and simple. Next I would like to address quality. They buy the vast amount of their jewelry via manufacturing closeouts, and they buy in bulk. Almost all the jewelry I have purchased has arrived in excellent condition, but buyers should be aware that much of the jewelry they do not manufacture and the reason you can get such great deals is because of closeouts.

This is a company that sells multiple thousands of pieces every day. Sometimes there will be a loose stone or something not quite right. If you examine the jewelry and find this within 30 days you can return the item if it is flawed or damaged free of charge. You really can't beat that, but you have to take responsibility and check your jewelry out carefully. If they had someone checking out each piece of jewelry carefully when they deal in 10's of thousands of pieces of jewelry you would be paying much more for the jewelry and they could never offer the same bargains that they do. Sometimes you can get a replacement, but other times you cannot. If in stock great, but this is not always the case.

Again they sell many thousands of pieces of jewelry a day... Buyers need to take responsibility! You can wear a piece of jewelry for 30 days and return it in very used condition and get all your money except for shipping cost refunded, you can't beat that. Next on my list to address, is the person saying they drained her Wells Fargo account... Sorry hun, but this company is reputable and has a huge following on Facebook and other venues! They don't drain people's accounts. I have 2 of my bank cards linked directly to my bank on account with JTV. I have never, ever, ever been charged incorrectly, ever. I would suggest you ordered a lot of things and are trying to get them free, or someone used your information to get jewelry.

Honey Wells Fargo is not going to take anyone to court. They don't deal in court cases for 850 dollars! JTV is a multi-million dollar business that makes their money by being reputable, in business for almost over 30 years. Folks be aware the vast amount of their customers are older middle aged or elderly women who sit and watch cable TV all day long. I think this poster is one of those elderly confused women who went on a shopping binge kept the jewelry and then forgot what they did!

I take all my jewelry and have it appraised, but I tend to buy more expensive pieces. All appraise for at least double, but often 3-6 times what I paid for them. I also have the jeweler check them over and make sure all stones are secure. When I buy a less expensive piece I check myself and am done. Please realize most jewelry is manufactured in China or India and in large quantities, just like most of what we buy in the USA. You the buyer needs to take responsibility and check over the merchandise. Walmart does not check over everything they sell. Macy's does not check over the merchandise they sell. Almost no one does as is not feasible when you buy and sell in quantity. JTV does not either, you have to be a smart buyer and carefully check your item, that is on you! You have 30 days to get a full refund!

To the lady who waited 45 days before opening the package, that again is on you! Be an educated and smart buyer. Businesses are not responsible for your lack of responsibility! I LOVE JTV. Truly the best deals on quality jewelry, just do your part and check over your purchases, and have your local jeweler check out your pieces. You won't be disappointed!!! Loyal and happy customer!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I like to order online. Whenever I research a product or products from a show, whatever piece of jewelry I am looking at shows up as a pop up on my browser. I like to read reviews (if any) on anything I am interested in purchasing so I am not disappointed with whatever I receive and have to spend a costly amount in sending it back. I see these pop-ups and they p... me off and discourage me from purchasing. I don't like to be followed with my searches. JTV stop doing this!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jewelry Television?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I have been buying for 20 years. When Jerry was the on air host and Carolyn was a host. Miss them both. Dawn was brand new, went through her pregnancy with her and welcomed Nikki's new horse that she delivered. Good folks, good times and best of all, I have NEVER had an issue with anything I have ever ordered. Some loose gemstones I took for a local appraisal and boy, did I make a great deal. Other reviews were sour grapes or buyer's remorse. I've referred so many friend and not one complaint.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I have purchased jewelry from JTV for a number of years. Just in the last year I have noticed the quality going downhill. The rhodium they say they plate over sterling silver has not been done, everything has tarnished and the pave work is shoddy, all the stones fall out. I have many pieces of jewelry that I cannot wear now because of this. I took some pieces to a jeweler to see how much it would cost and it would be more than I paid for the items. I type for a living, not a rough practice on jewelry. I am very disappointed and now JTV has lost a pretty good customer.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Wish I had read these reviews first before my purchase. I could have saved myself a ton of trouble. I ordered a bracelet and a pair of earrings. I can tell there is a stone loose on the earrings which scares me because a stone fell out of my bracelet first thing. I'm upset. And it doesn't look like I can return the bracelet since I didn't buy a protection plan.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Ordered Doorbuster Chrome Diopside Sterling Silver bracelet. Also ordered matching ring and necklace. Got the delivery of ring and necklace but not doorbuster bracelet which was the only item I really wanted and doorbuster price which is suppose to be heavily discounted. Ring and necklace was little discount. Called JTV. They said we didn't have funds. That was definitely a lie. Then we called again. Now sold out. I am returning ring and necklace. Felt like bait and switch.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Every ring I have bought has stones missing after about 6 weeks. They have offered me their warranty for an extra $. I thought I was purchasing a quality product for a great price. It is a sub quality product and unless you purchase their extended warranty you are sol. I have paid to go to a jewelers and had stones replaced and reset on every ring. A total of 4 rings now. I will not purchase from them again. I would rather pay a little more and have a quality product that is not missing stones after 6 weeks than have junk. I was questioned by my Jewelry expert on if the stones are even real. I have called and filed a complaint and was told I should have bought the extended warranty. If you are selling a good product you don't need an extended warranty.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

In February of this year I purchased a larger carat Bella Luce ring costing approx 150 dollars for my retirement from the state. Approx two months later the entire center of the ring consisting of 9 invisible princess cut stones fell out - never found it. Called JTV and was instructed to send for repair so I did, and got it returned saying it could not be repaired. I was still paying FlexPays on a ring I can't wear.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

JTV stole out of a Wells Fargo debit card. $748.99 all in 2 days time. At different times of the day. And different amounts. Wells Fargo notices something was very wrong here. When the whole account was wiped out. Plus JTV had ask for another payment that had turned in to an overdraft. And the bank got in contact with the cardholder. The money was stolen. The whole Wells Fargo debit card account was wiped out. Stolen by JTV. Wells Fargo wanted to file a lawsuit against JTV if that stolen money was not returned at once. All of the stolen money was returned. There was no charge for the overdraft by the bank. JTV made an offer.

Month ago a ring was purchased with a ruby and tanzanite. One of the tanzanite fell out. At once it was emailed in to JTV. The reply from JTV was... "Sorry we don't carry loose stones here." After they stole all that money they wanted to replace the stone for free, she reclined. All she wanted was... Get her stolen money back from JTV. A new card was issued with new numbers. Stay away from JTV. Your credit card numbers are an open book... And JTV can steal any amount at any time. Day or night. Stay away from JTV. Where you get ripped of 24/7. Everything, every email from this incident has been saved in case it is needed.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I purchased 2 rings from JTV. When the package arrived I was not able to look at the contents due to family issues and a surgery. When I got around to the package, which was over a month, one of the rings was not in the envelope. Customer service said they could not do anything since it was over 45 days. I explained the package was in good shape when it arrived, but the one ring was all I got. I was told to dispute the delivery with the post office. I feel this is not ethical since the package was not damaged. The ring they did not send was over 400 dollars and that is a lot of money to lose due to their error.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I was watching Dawn back when they had loose gemstone shows on TV. She sold a parcel of Australian opal triplets. She said that these triplets have Hematite on the bottom of the stones and Crystal Quarts or a SYNTHETIC white Sapphire on the tops. When I got the bag home I opened it up and the tops and bottoms of all my cabs were made out of PLASTIC. Yes... plastic. Why would you put something as beautiful as a slice of Australian opal in PLASTIC?!?!?! I DON'T THINK THESE PEOPLE CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS AT ALL. The shipping cost is just plain outrageous and now I know how many times a host has lied to me.

Not to mention, JTV used to list the treatments of stones in the graphics on the TV and don't do that anymore. You never know now what the treatment is on a piece if there is any at all. They make sure you know when something is untreated but NEVER talk about the treatments that ARE there except for a few. I used to hold JTV to a higher standard but I suppose I was wrong

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I purchased a aquamarine ring and after 3 weeks later while I was looking for another item to purchase I saw the ring that I bought went on sale and I called JTV and I’m a customer of 10 years. I purchased many items and they said it’s been more than 14 days and can’t do price adjustment and not trying to honor the discount and not even very polite. I was very upset with the all process and I said, "JTV lost a very good customer." Never ever JTV!!! BUYERS BE VERY CAREFUL WITH JTV. They lower the price right after pass their 14 days so you cannot claim your discount. Not good JTV. Not trustworthy!!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I called JTV to place an order for myself and my daughter. The representative asked if I would like to open an account with JTV. I said sure why not. I placed my order one item to be shipped to me and the other to be shipped to my daughter for Christmas. I received a phone call from customer service explaining that they could not ship the merchandise to my daughter. I was told I would have to have it shipped to me and then ship it to her.

Why would someone pay to have something shipped to themselves and then have to pay to send the item to the loved one for the holidays? I cancelled my credit card account before I receive the card in the mail. I had spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars from this company. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN!!! The person who took my order should have explained that to me before I accepted the credit card. Horrible customer service with people taking orders who are clueless.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I have bought several pieces from JTV. I've been happy with everything, except the jewelry doesn't really last, but it's relatively inexpensive. Recently, I wanted to replace a beautiful ring as the stones had fallen out. I had to buy a larger size, but when I received it, it was far too big. I immediately wrapped it all up, put in the package and sent it off. Later I got the ring back and a letter saying that they had received only part of the ring, which wasn't true. They obviously in receiving the ring back misplaced part of the ring. I sent the ring back a second time with a letter asking them to not charge me and keep this ring.

Today, I received a letter saying that if I didn't pay the balance on the ring that they were going to send the amount due to a collection agency. I called and tried to explain that they didn't even send the ring back. They were wanting me to pay for a ring I no longer had. They didn't care one bit. I paid for a ring I don't even have because I don't want it to show up on my credit report. They are thieves and heartless with no customer service. I will never, ever buy anything from JTV again.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I have noticed a change in JTV right after the current CEO took office. Prior to his arrival, the quality was top notch, the pre-owned items were slim to none, the hosts were not hawking products like late-night infomercials, the item you saw on TV or online were just the same when they arrived at your home, and customer service reps were actually helpful. Today, there are deceptive practices, programming issues, and so much more. I would ask that you flood his office with written complaints; mail them NOT email and request a response. Since they are in 90 million homes, maybe he will get the message. His name is Tim Matthews, President and CEO, Jewelry Television, 9600 Parkside Drive, Knoxville, TN 37922. Tell Tim to knock it off and give us back our JTV, where quality is always the highest standard.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Received a pendant in a smeared black bag, the anti tarnish sheet looked like it had partially melted. The pendant was dull. Also received a set of earrings with one of them smeared with what looks like ear wax, tried to wipe off but grossly stuck around the post. Called customer service telling the man that I'm returning the items and requested that they not charge me for return shipping. In a nutshell, he said no refund 'cause they're not damaged and I could clean them just like I clean jewelry anyway. Requested a supervisor. He said they would call me in 24 - 48 hours. You can't talk to a supervisor at the time of your call, total baloney. I admit that I knew that they were problems with their quality control having sent other things in dirty bags, dirty jewelry, and scratched. I decided this time I shouldnt have to pay return shipping. Still waiting for them to call me. If I have to pay return shipping then I'm done.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

One of the hosts on JTV makes adult GIFs to sell for income. Someone posted one of these GIFs on Twitter. I saw it and others have too. It is of the host. JTV knew about it and covers for her. How can JTV be "pro women " and allow this to go on? So, I have nothing but disrespect for the host, how could I watch any show she hosts. How could I support JTV with my money on a purchase? Before I knew this I purchased 3 items. They were ok, but I didn't get the guarantee on the Moissanite like others did. The GIF host also has used "unethical" methods to sell jewelry by saying cushion cuts retain value better than round cuts.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I bought a ring set months ago and it was fine. The stone was 6 ct. (an amethyst). Just a few dollars. Recently bought another ring claiming 5.95 ct. so I thought the stone was almost like 6 cts but it was 2/3rds the size. When I called JTV they said it was because (I didn't listen to the person describing it on the tv) and they combined the stone and the ring itself to get the ct. weight. I never heard of that being done. Sounds as if they are obfuscating the truth on purpose. Bottom line: They wouldn't even pay for the outrageous $6.99 for postage to return the ring. The woman on the phone said if it was damaged they'd pay. Was she hinting I should damage it?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I've been buying jewelry from JTV for over five years and I'm happy with every purchase. I have sent only two pieces back in five years, only because when I got them I changed my mind and thought they looked too big on my hands. Good quality and good prices!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The earrings did not match. One was a pretty Tanzanite color, the other was a washed-out, nearly colorless Tanzanite. JTV charges you to return items, so I contacted Live Chat for them to waive the fee. I thought this was a good idea since I was already on the Internet instead of waiting until morning and calling Customer Service. Wow, was I wrong! The Live Chat person, who called himself Zack, never bothered to read my complaint. I said the earrings did not match. He responded in a pompous, condescending manner that items don't always match the website image. He said the shipping would be waived. I didn't trust him because of his rudeness and I called Customer Service in the morning. He never bothered to do his job.

The very nice customer service lady waived the return shipping fee. I have never been treated in that manner by any representative of any company. I will not do business with a company that employs people like this Zack. JTV really does not care about its customers at all. First, for a good customer to receive mismatched earrings is offensive, but then to be insulted by an employee is just disgraceful.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I have many purchases over the years with JTV. I ordered a ring I had in a larger size because some stones had fallen out. They had been out of my size for a long time. The ring was huge and I sent back. JTV sent it back saying I didn't send the ring guard which I did. I contacted them but they insist they won't take it back without the guard but I already sent it, so I have a huge ring I can't wear with no ring guard. Very disappointed. Linda in their customer service really tried to help me. She said that they do get tons of items back and it's possible, it got lost, but her hands were tied. I won't ever buy from them again.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Last November 2017, I listened to a long winded story one night on JTV, with Robert and his guest vendor. The story revolved around the Kanchanaburi Blue Sapphire mine in Burma, which was ultimately mined out. But, according to the vendor, someone discovered by the side of the mine, I believe it was in Bangladesh, rare Red Sapphires. Very few, mind you. So, I listened and thought , well maybe, and purchased a three stone Red Sapphire ring. When it arrived, I took it to a Certified Gemologist who could not verify that it was indeed a Red Sapphire. So my daughter wanted it, and I gave it to her. Then, a few months ago, I heard Nikki, on Girlfriend Night (Fridays) declare that Sapphires were every color BUT Red. Really? After this guy gave such a believable spiel?

BTW, I hesitate to judge but the two Friday Night Girlfriends need to stop wearing garish clothes and makeup, and have their nails done professionally. I also hope neither one gets married again anytime soon, my what a lot of incessant, useless talk, yes Nikki has been there thirty years, so what. Also the guy, the greasy used car salesman guy who peddles pearls, knows nothing about pearls. I have owned genuine, verified Tahitian, Lavender and Sea Water Goldens, and they have a peacock glow to them, and are NEVER cultured. I still have the appraisals for them.

I am sorry for those of you who have been cheated so badly. Buyer beware I suppose, and what appears to be on TV, is not necessarily so. But JTV needs to overcome the class action lawsuits and the lawsuit from a former employee, and start having some scruples about their customers, and get rid of their lying hosts, ok? I know JTV always says they have 90 million viewers at any given time, and count down the number of sales, but people need better than that. Quite frankly, I am afraid to purchase anything further. It's like rolling dice.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I bought several expensive pieces of jewelry and loose gems between 2005 and 2008. The JTV certified gemologists/show hosts made untrue claims about the rarity and supply of Tanzanite, Red Labradorite, and Paraiba Tourmaline and grossly overstated the value of these items. I paid over $5000 for a 1.25ct Paraiba Tourmaline, $2500 each for two 1/2ct Paraiba Tourmalines, $280 for a 2ct Red Labradorite, $800 for a 5ct Labradorite, $1500 for 27 Red Labradorites under 1ct each, and over $3000 in Tanzanite.

The hosts repeatedly stated that Paraiba Tourmaline was worth a minimum of $15000 PER CARAT and up to $30000 PER CARAT and made similar statements about the values of the other stones. After spending hundreds of dollars on appraisals, these values were false, and to this day, ten years later, they are still worth only about 50% of my purchase price.

Yes, I understand that some things are speculative. However, when people who are supposed to be experts in their field repeatedly state that you need to buy these items now before they’re unavailable, and that they’re a great investment whose value can ONLY increase, you should be able to trust them. I feel as ripped off as I would’ve felt if my financial advisor had convinced me to invest heavily in a “sure thing” and then skipped town with my money and everyone else’s, too... I wish there was a class action lawsuit against JTV, because I would definitely join.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Every piece of jewelry I have bought from JTV has turned colors. Some of these pieces were expensive, and yet they charge you to send it back. Can't even enjoy the show because the 2 guys in the show never shut up. They act like they know everything. Would rather go to a pawnshop then listen to this crap.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I’ve purchased literally hundreds of pieces of jewelry from JTV: Bella Luce, Sparkle in Silver, Artisan of Bali (Awesome! ), Larimar, Vanna K (Awesome! ), Charles Winston, Chrome Diopside, Tanzanite, Topaz, Zircon, lab created gems, Color and Karat jewelry in gold! With extremely few exceptions, I am amazed by the quality and value of the pieces I have purchased. If you do not see a gem on TV go to JTV Website! They literally have everything for you. I have NEVER had a negative issue with returns or payment options. The people in customer service are always helpful and polite. I HIGHLY recommend JTV to fellow “SPARKLIE” lovers!

Original review: March 19, 2018

I see that a lot of reviewers have had really bad experiences, but mine have pretty good, with the exception of a couple of things... The GOOD... I stick to the Bella Luce line, and have had pretty good luck with that. I have in the past, ordered a couple of those "rose gold over", and "yellow gold over" pieces, but have found that BOTH of those treatments look REALLY cheap, and the surface tends to have a "bubbled" look in some spots. When I started buying only the rhodium plated sterling silver pieces, I haven't had any more issues as far as quality. I DID however, have to return ONE ring, because it had a bent prong, and one of the side stones was out, IN THE BAG. It went back.

Shipping... As far as the high shipping fees both ways, as far as I am concerned, if you have to send something back, it should NOT have to cost you $6.99, but that's the only way to be able to track your returned item. You COULD send it back on your own using their address, and buying your own postage, but then you can't prove that you sent it back (unless you pay for insurance and tracking, which might total $6.99 anyway).

Now, the BAD part... STAY AWAY from their JTV Preferred card, as it is backed by Comenity Bank, and that bank is the WORST financial institution ever! JTV "promises" that you will have 6 months "same as cash" when nothing could be further from the truth! Either JTV hasn't researched Comenity Bank enough... or they don't care! Comenity charges fees on top of fees, and no matter HOW much you pay, they will make it EXTREMELY difficult to get the account paid off! I had this experience with Comenity, through a Bridal store, and even though I paid exactly what the bill showed, EVERY month, sometimes even MORE, I was not paid off in 12 months.

On top of THAT, they had the nerve to change me to a "revolving" account, from a "promotional" account, without my knowledge, (And charging me an additional $402 for the privilege!) and said that it was because I hadn't paid off the card in the 12 month period. I had tried MANY times to speak with someone about the fact that they were charging me INTEREST, (when they weren't supposed to be) and that my balance was not going down, no matter HOW much I paid! The woman I spoke with, kept saying that she couldn't do anything about it, and when I asked for a supervisor, she said the same thing. I continued to make additional payments because I didn't want it to go on my credit, and even after ANOTHER year of paying, the balance was STILL almost as much as the original credit limit! It was like a student loan... I couldn't seem to pay it off!

I finally called and asked for a "payoff" date, and since I knew how they were, I added a week's worth of extra money in interest, because I knew that the payment would take a few days to reach them, and I didn't want them to say that it wasn't paid off due to the additional charges for the travel time of the mail. They told me that it was $833, so I sent $840 just in case. I FINALLY had them paid off, and I have NEVER used that card again, and I would advise anyone who doesn't have a regular credit card, or debit card, NOT to get the JTV Preferred card, since it's backed by Comenity. It's POISON!

Original review: March 16, 2018

JTV allows you to return your purchases using their labels. This costs at least $6.99. Well, if you use priority mail it costs 6.70 and trust me, if you have more than one item, it's more cost effective to use USPS Priority Mail. Lately, JTV has no quality standards in their products, have changed the look of their shows (they look like the cheap channel that I don't trust), use camera angles and lighting to make the item look so much better than it does when you receive it. Think about this, is JTV really concerned about customer satisfaction? They used to be but not anymore. It's sad because I really liked some of their Bella Luce pieces. Even the preowned pieces are HORRIBLE. JTV does not even try to clean up the pieces and will send returned pieces that were returned because of damage. BUYER BEWARE!!! The JTV of old is not the JTV of today. I am so disappointed with the downward spiral of JTV.

Jewelry Television Company Information