1.65/5
Based on 31 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Knoxville, TN

Last updated: May 11, 2018

115 Jewelry Television Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 11, 2018

I bought several expensive pieces of jewelry and loose gems between 2005 and 2008. The JTV certified gemologists/show hosts made untrue claims about the rarity and supply of Tanzanite, Red Labradorite, and Paraiba Tourmaline and grossly overstated the value of these items. I paid over $5000 for a 1.25ct Paraiba Tourmaline, $2500 each for two 1/2ct Paraiba Tourmalines, $280 for a 2ct Red Labradorite, $800 for a 5ct Labradorite, $1500 for 27 Red Labradorites under 1ct each, and over $3000 in Tanzanite.

The hosts repeatedly stated that Paraiba Tourmaline was worth a minimum of $15000 PER CARAT and up to $30000 PER CARAT and made similar statements about the values of the other stones. After spending hundreds of dollars on appraisals, these values were false, and to this day, ten years later, they are still worth only about 50% of my purchase price.

Yes, I understand that some things are speculative. However, when people who are supposed to be experts in their field repeatedly state that you need to buy these items now before they’re unavailable, and that they’re a great investment whose value can ONLY increase, you should be able to trust them. I feel as ripped off as I would’ve felt if my financial advisor had convinced me to invest heavily in a “sure thing” and then skipped town with my money and everyone else’s, too... I wish there was a class action lawsuit against JTV, because I would definitely join.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Every piece of jewelry I have bought from JTV has turned colors. Some of these pieces were expensive, and yet they charge you to send it back. Can't even enjoy the show because the 2 guys in the show never shut up. They act like they know everything. Would rather go to a pawnshop then listen to this crap.

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I’ve purchased literally hundreds of pieces of jewelry from JTV: Bella Luce, Sparkle in Silver, Artisan of Bali (Awesome! ), Larimar, Vanna K (Awesome! ), Charles Winston, Chrome Diopside, Tanzanite, Topaz, Zircon, lab created gems, Color and Karat jewelry in gold! With extremely few exceptions, I am amazed by the quality and value of the pieces I have purchased. If you do not see a gem on TV go to JTV Website! They literally have everything for you. I have NEVER had a negative issue with returns or payment options. The people in customer service are always helpful and polite. I HIGHLY recommend JTV to fellow “SPARKLIE” lovers!

Original review: March 19, 2018

I see that a lot of reviewers have had really bad experiences, but mine have pretty good, with the exception of a couple of things... The GOOD... I stick to the Bella Luce line, and have had pretty good luck with that. I have in the past, ordered a couple of those "rose gold over", and "yellow gold over" pieces, but have found that BOTH of those treatments look REALLY cheap, and the surface tends to have a "bubbled" look in some spots. When I started buying only the rhodium plated sterling silver pieces, I haven't had any more issues as far as quality. I DID however, have to return ONE ring, because it had a bent prong, and one of the side stones was out, IN THE BAG. It went back.

Shipping... As far as the high shipping fees both ways, as far as I am concerned, if you have to send something back, it should NOT have to cost you $6.99, but that's the only way to be able to track your returned item. You COULD send it back on your own using their address, and buying your own postage, but then you can't prove that you sent it back (unless you pay for insurance and tracking, which might total $6.99 anyway).

Now, the BAD part... STAY AWAY from their JTV Preferred card, as it is backed by Comenity Bank, and that bank is the WORST financial institution ever! JTV "promises" that you will have 6 months "same as cash" when nothing could be further from the truth! Either JTV hasn't researched Comenity Bank enough... or they don't care! Comenity charges fees on top of fees, and no matter HOW much you pay, they will make it EXTREMELY difficult to get the account paid off! I had this experience with Comenity, through a Bridal store, and even though I paid exactly what the bill showed, EVERY month, sometimes even MORE, I was not paid off in 12 months.

On top of THAT, they had the nerve to change me to a "revolving" account, from a "promotional" account, without my knowledge, (And charging me an additional $402 for the privilege!) and said that it was because I hadn't paid off the card in the 12 month period. I had tried MANY times to speak with someone about the fact that they were charging me INTEREST, (when they weren't supposed to be) and that my balance was not going down, no matter HOW much I paid! The woman I spoke with, kept saying that she couldn't do anything about it, and when I asked for a supervisor, she said the same thing. I continued to make additional payments because I didn't want it to go on my credit, and even after ANOTHER year of paying, the balance was STILL almost as much as the original credit limit! It was like a student loan... I couldn't seem to pay it off!

I finally called and asked for a "payoff" date, and since I knew how they were, I added a week's worth of extra money in interest, because I knew that the payment would take a few days to reach them, and I didn't want them to say that it wasn't paid off due to the additional charges for the travel time of the mail. They told me that it was $833, so I sent $840 just in case. I FINALLY had them paid off, and I have NEVER used that card again, and I would advise anyone who doesn't have a regular credit card, or debit card, NOT to get the JTV Preferred card, since it's backed by Comenity. It's POISON!

Original review: March 16, 2018

JTV allows you to return your purchases using their labels. This costs at least $6.99. Well, if you use priority mail it costs 6.70 and trust me, if you have more than one item, it's more cost effective to use USPS Priority Mail. Lately, JTV has no quality standards in their products, have changed the look of their shows (they look like the cheap channel that I don't trust), use camera angles and lighting to make the item look so much better than it does when you receive it. Think about this, is JTV really concerned about customer satisfaction? They used to be but not anymore. It's sad because I really liked some of their Bella Luce pieces. Even the preowned pieces are HORRIBLE. JTV does not even try to clean up the pieces and will send returned pieces that were returned because of damage. BUYER BEWARE!!! The JTV of old is not the JTV of today. I am so disappointed with the downward spiral of JTV.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jewelry Television?

Original review: March 13, 2018

I sent back this so called Blue Sapphire & diamond simulant stack ring, the stones fell out on the 3rd day. The so called stones in this ring when they fell out they felt like plastic, and when I tapped the ones that fell out on the table they sounded like plastic. CHEAP! I called JTV to tell them I sent order back and give them the tracking # of return package. I was told I would more than likely NOT get a full refund (I sent before 30 day return period). I sent back entire order of 5 items due to poor quality craftsmanship, items not looking like what was ordered.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I have ordered and received a lot of jewelry that just didn't look like or have the quality that the company represents on tv. I always pay an excessive amount for shipping and the sales representatives misrepresent most of the products. The camera always zooms in making the jewelry look bigger and brighter than it really is. Most of the jewelry comes from China and just doesn't have the quality that the hosts portray. Most of the hosts exaggerate the products quality, value and durability and use deceptive sales tactics including outright lying.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Well I went to their website, found a ring I liked and bought it using PayPal which is on their site. Found out after buying it and my money taken out, they don't use PayPal. had to call PayPal to see why they took money out. Then after I talked with PayPal I decide to just try and use my CC and lo and behold paid for it again to find out they never got the order, but they took my money out of my CC. What a scam.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Purchased a 14K Rose Gold Engagement Ring with Pink Morganite Gemstone as a gift for my grandson to give to his girlfriend for their engagement. Gave the unopened gift (from online store) to my grandson in May of 2017. When she came for Christmas holiday 6 mos. later I excitedly asked to see it. I was horrified when the young lady handed the ring to me a small plastic bag not only in pieces but the gemstone was cloudy looking. I immediately contacted customer service and after going back and forth a couple of weeks, they decided they would repair it. I sent it off to their repair shop. I finally received it back approx. 3 weeks later to find the gold band was repaired but they put the same lackluster gem on top. (I've seen gemstones from a gumball machine have more shine.) So I'm out hundreds of dollars and will never purchase from JTV again. A Sad Gramma. :(

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Purchased 200.00 ring from JTV for about 27.00 clearance. Paid EXTRA for JEWEL SAFE insurance. Lost side stone and sent in for repair... a month later Got check back for 27.00. No refund for insurance and they kept my ring without MY PERMISSION. I called JTV. I said I WANT MY RING BACK BUT THEY SAID, "SORRY- NO."

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Happy and thrilled with about half the purchases I make on JTV. And on the other hand about half I'm not satisfied with and send back. I wish they posted better photographs of their products. Sometimes the photos don't show enough detail that you need to see. I haven't had any problems with returning an item and they send me tracking on where my package is going or coming either way. I usually receive purchases quickly and returns get credited quickly so I'm overall satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I have made 2 orders and the 2 I've canceled. They call me to confirm zip code. I made the JTV account and my husband pays my stuff. Now they call me because zip code issues and my husband is not in town and I can't speak to them. They are so good in charging our visa without any issues but for zip code info they can't. Hahah. I won't be buying nothing anymore. And from what I see in reviews it's cheap gold and gems! Thank you so much. Hope I can get my money on my card soon!!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

The 4.25CTW Oval blue sapphire/sterling silver earrings cost $129.99USD. The "sapphire" had absolutely no fire. This is probably the cheapest looking ring I have seen in a very long time. Shame on JTV. I had also ordered a sapphire ring, $89.99USD, same issue, what a cheap looking ring. I could see paying 20.00 each for the earrings and the ring. Now I'm about to lose 14.00 for shipping, because I am sending this cheap crap right back to them!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I have been a customer of JTV since 2014. I have been fairly pleased with their products, but there have been a few bumps along the road. To be fair, JTV has fixed and/or corrected any issues. The latest problem... a ring purchased in 2016. It's never been worn, and kept in the box with an anti tarnish paper. I took it out to wear, removed the tag and noticed the tarnish on the gold over silver band. I know I didn't have insurance, but called to see what they could do. I was surprised to hear that all I had to do was ship it back and the label provided (which I still had). They said they will polish it at no charge! I was thrilled.

JTV is not perfect... But, for the most part, I have been very happy. When I am not, I have 30 days to return it. Often, call customer service and explain the reason, and they will pay the return label making it complimentary. Four years later, I am still doing business with them. That says a lot in my book. Sadly, there is one pair of bands that no longer sparkle. They were my first purchase. Let's see what JTV does.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Purchase a Christmas gift on December 5, told it would be here by the 18th. Still not here and it is the 20th. Called and they say it was delivered but it has not been. They told me to ask the neighbors. Maybe the mail carrier put in the wrong mailbox but it was delivered, call them back next week. REALLY? I already paid for the ring that now won't be here in time and I can't get a person to talk with me about how to get a refund. We shop a LOT online but this place? THE WORST.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I ordered a ring on November 27, 2017 & received an email stating it shipped on November 28, 2017 & expected delivery was December 5, 2017. I have not received it. I have called JTV customer service 6 times to try & resolve this... THEY DO NOT CARE. The rep that I spoke with tonight was actually mocking me & my experience with this. Finally, I had to call & dispute this with my credit card company. JTV needs to completely overhaul their customer service... Even my credit card company couldn't believe the hoops they had me jumping through. THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU ORDER... Buyer beware!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

No wonder they have such an abysmal rating. They know there is a problem with their PayPal interface but refuse to fix it. They charge you but the order doesn't get processed. I've contacted customer service over 20 times and they just don't care. Shop elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I ordered a ring from JTV. It was never delivered. I kept checking my mailbox. When a few days had passed the estimated delivery date I checked online the tracking information. The site had shown the item was delivered. When I saw that I contacted customer service to say I did not receive my order. At this point they told me they would send a claim form to fill out then they would send the product once received. I received the form filled it out and sent back. Now it's a month later and I still did not receive the jewelry.

Contacted customer service again. They said my claim was denied because the post office said they delivered it. I Never received the item!!! Who sends out a product over $500 without asking for a signature. Really! They have already charged my card for two payments. I will not be paying over $500 for nothing. Whenever I have the chance to voice my opinion about JTV I will tell them not to buy from them. I would spend more money elsewhere for good product or in my case the product as well as customer service.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I have been a regular customer with JTV for over ten years. They used to have nice quality jewelry and great prices. I was always happy with my purchases. Over the last few years their quality has started to slip. I began to be dissatisfied with my purchases more often than not. I received defective items on several occasion, and the overall quality of the jewelry they sell has declined significantly. Granted, you always have 30 days to return your item, but you have to pay for shipping. I have contacted Customer Service on several occasions, and they always fail to make me happy. They have never gone above and beyond to help me.

The last item I purchased was a gold band ring. The website did not disclose that it was hollow, so I assumed it was solid. Most of their gold pieces do disclose that they are hollow. After wearing it for a little while, I suspected it was hollow. I contacted them to confirm that it was hollow, and it was. I expected to be able to return the ring even though it was past my 30 day period because the fact that it is hollow was not disclosed. They refused to make an exception. I will never be shopping with them again. The quality of most of their jewelry is terrible these days, and it seems that they don't really care if their customers are happy or not.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I purchased a bracelet with kyanite stones in 14kt gold. The latch did not work so I took it to my jeweler. I was told it couldn’t be repaired because the stones are molded glass and the gold is gold plated. I contacted Jewelry TV and was told by Freddy that they had issues with another vendor selling them molded glass. He checked and determined that this was another vendor. Freddy was supposed to send me a return envelope with prepaid postage. He then said they would have their in-house appraiser look at it.

Ten days later I received a letter telling me how to return the item. Why should I have to pay for the return. I called again and spoke with Kristi. Kristi was rude and condescending, like it was my fault. In the meantime, the same item is still being offered for sale as it keeps popping up on my social media. This company is fraudulent and needs to be stopped. I paid over $800.00 for this bracelet and they are not doing anything for me. They are also not doing anything for other customers that have bought these molded glass bracelets.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

On September 27, 2017 I received an ad on my Facebook stream that they were selling an item for $99.99. When I called to order the item I was told that they did not advertise on Facebook and the customer service rep hung up on me. I called back and got a supervisor who told me it was a fake ad and refused to sell me the item for the advertised price. Since then I've received at least one advertisement for the item either on Facebook or my email at least once day.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Advertised as Italian Sterling silver byzantine necklace - Bought necklace in Dec. 2016, had a few months. Link on necklace broke apart, sent back, they replaced it on 3-23-2017. Now it turned completely black (WHAT KIND OF ITALIAN SILVER IS THIS, I ASKED)? Spoke to Michelle in customer experience dept. (is it really), they said if I send $20 they would send it to a jeweler with no guarantee they would restore to original state in same condition I bought it. That's not fair AND WITH NO GUARANTEES it would look the same when I bought it. THE RUNAROUND, NOT ANOTHER HAPPY CUSTOMER, REPORTING TO D&B as well to Knoxville Tenn. (BBB). Please join me in reporting them to these agencies, they need to know, especially with the other complaints they have online up til this Sept. 2017. I asked the name of the manufacturer who made this piece. They said don't know, WHAT!!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I ordered over $500 worth of jewelry for my daughter's wedding. I even paid for express shipping. I received 2 out of the 3 items. When I called the company they said that the third item would be shipped out and I would receive it in a couple of days at no shipping cost to me. One week later, I get a letter from the company asking me to fill out a form saying the item did not arrive. I had to fill out the form and send it back to the company. UPON THEIR INVESTIGATION, they would ship the item to me. I called the company and asked them to cancel the order. The representative I spoke to said they would be happy to and I would receive a refund...less the shipping and handling within 45 days. I find this totally unacceptable. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told... “There are none available, Have a nice day.” This practice seems totally unacceptable to me and should be stopped. I am contacting my bank to see if they can get better results.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I received an email with a coupon. I clicked the link, found something that qualified, went to check out and got the message that the coupon was not applicable. So I got on live chat and the rep asked me lots of questions which proved that my purchase did meet the requirements for the coupon, but all she finally said was she couldn't figure out why it wouldn't take it, "sorry".

So I tried placing the order with a live human and they couldn't get it to work, either, but didn't know why. So basically they said too bad, so sad, let's place the order anyway. I said absolutely not. It was a big order, too, but nothing I couldn't live without. Now I have a bad taste in my mouth for JTV and will stick with QVC, who honors all coupons even if they have to manually input it. THAT is good customer service!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I became the customer 2 or 3 months ago. I bought 21 or 22 pieces of jewelry from JTV for neck, wrist, finger, etc. Most of the time I received it at home, I was disappointed. Either, the items were over-priced and did not worth the price they charged me, or they seemed used or returned item. One time, I bought a set of pendant and ring and on TV, they seemed to be a match on the sales person's demo; but when I received it at home, they had a champagne color for the pendant but white stone for the ring. I complained about it, they said to return it back to them. One time, I ordered silver pendant and they sent me gold with gold chain and charged me arm and leg. Ensure whatever you order, it is what you get.

A few days ago, I was wearing the moonstone ring that I got from JTV to my office, place of my business. I went to get something from my car parked in the parking lot and all of a sudden I heard something light hit the ground. I looked at my ring and I noticed the moonstone was missing. This ring does not have a prong to keep the stone secure in its place. It seems like they just put the stone in the center and there is nothing to keep the stone secure in the center. I looked back couple of steps and found the stone on the ground and chipped off. I called the JTV today, Sat and since there was no customer service, I asked to talk to the shift manager. I complained about workmanship and told him I'd like to return the ring and get another one. He said: "You probably dang it somewhere and we cannot take it back because it is outside 30 days window and this is a impasse!

I tried to explain that I was wearing it, but because there is no prong to hold it secure in place, the stone fell out of its holder and hit and chipped. This is not my fault. I did not hit the stone to the wall, door, or another object. It fell by itself and I want it to be replaced. This is manufacturer's fault and I should not pay for their guarantee of their product. I cannot predict what could go wrong and when. In reality, there should be no place for anything to go wrong if it is a good quality ring.

In the case of this moonstone ring, the manufacturer of the ring did not secure the stone in the center and it got separated from its place holder and hit the ground and that was not my fault; it was the poor quality workmanship of manufacturer who did not make a reliable, secure holder for the center stone! As such, I have to receive a replacement for the ring from the manufacturer. The gentleman that I spoke from JTV was just arguing with me and would not understand what I had to say and I strongly want a replacement for my moon stone!!!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I am writing regarding a bracelet that had a stone fall out. I contacted JTV customer care to see if they could fix it. I mentioned that the missing stone was a heart shaped larimar, which I believed would be unlikely replaceable. The nice rep told me to send it in for them to look at. I agreed and said it would only be worth it (due to shipping) if they could call me to discuss options BEFORE returning it to me. She said she notated that in the system, and that I should also write that on my return slip, which I did. My plan was to ask if they could use a stone near the clasp and switch it with the missing stone since the bracelet was slightly large on me anyway.

I received the bracelet returned back to me in the mail, with a note saying the bracelet could not be repaired or sized. I NEVER received the call as requested and promised! I contacted customer care, and the rep told me she saw the note regarding my request for a call; however, it was after hours and I should call tomorrow. I called again the following day and was told that no such note existed in their system!! Not only did I waste money on shipping, but now somebody is lying to me! I asked if they would cover my shipping cost in light of this and was told no, it was against their policy. I am now thoroughly disgusted with JTV and no longer trust them! Due to this, they have lost a customer. See 'ya JTV!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I shopped here for five months before I realized that they don't even have some of the most common gemstone jewelry. Shopping networks like HSN, QVC and ShopHQ have jewelry in rhodolite garnet, emeralds, sapphires and Sleeping Beauty turquoise. During the time I was shopping this site, there were none of the above listed gems in jewelry. The only sapphire I saw during one of the shows was LAB CREATED and those were loose gemstones.

In fact, they have a LOT of lab created gems, i.e., blue spinel, alexandrite, etc. Also, their diamond simulant, Bella Luce, is way over-priced. I don't see tanzanite jewelry anymore either. They do NOT grade their gemstones, either. I'm not going to pay $5K for a 14K diamond ring with without graded diamonds, thank you! One of the hosts recently made the statement that they are the "biggest and the best." In my opinion, that's totally false advertisement. If that's the case, where are all the exotic and rare gems such as Marialite, Vivianite, Ruby Zoisite, Norwegian Thulite, Austrian Pinolith, Vesuvianite, and the list goes on.

Original review: July 10, 2017

WARNING!!! Before you buy stuff you have to be sure 100% you like the stuff you buy from JTV. Because if not you going to return within 30 days they will refund you. BUT the BIG BUT!!! Here is you to pay shipping and return fee. The shipping of $2.99 and return shipping and constant FEE of $6.99 so you going to pay $9.98 for every item you order! REMEMBER This. EVERY ITEM CHARGE YOU ALMOST $10.00 for RETURNING ITEMS. Please careful on this website store.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I was contacted by JTV to take a survey regarding their company. I was prompted through a series of questions which appeared typical for this type of survey. With one exception. They were interested in knowing my age. Being many many years older than a minor and now a senior, the age thing was curious. If I shop at Macy's they don't care how old I am.

Then I was asked about whether I used other sites for shopping, which I specified "NO". I really didn't think this had anything to do with my business with them. I was quickly notified that I did not "qualify" to take the survey. Strange using the term "qualify" when sending the inquiry to begin with. My quick reaction was if I did not qualify for the survey, then I was not qualified to continue as one of their customers. My closing comment was "So long, JTV."

Original review: July 4, 2017

I have read several negative remarks concerning JTV and I'm a little alarmed. As of today I have ordered many pieces from them and I'm very pleased with my items. I had an issue with one item. I called told them of the problem, they told me to return it with no issues. They are always polite and when I call. I even had an issue with the payment which was my fault. I thought I had finished paying off an item then I tried to purchase another item. They told me I had missed a payment and once I paid that off I could begin to charge again. And they allowed me to charge that very same day. I have received many compliments on my jewelry! I would recommend them to anyone! I love JTV!

Jewelry Television Company Information