1.47/5

Knoxville, TN

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

130 Jewelry Television Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

JTV stole out of a Wells Fargo debit card. $748.99 all in 2 days time. At different times of the day. And different amounts. Wells Fargo notices something was very wrong here. When the whole account was wiped out. Plus JTV had ask for another payment that had turned in to an overdraft. And the bank got in contact with the cardholder. The money was stolen. The whole Wells Fargo debit card account was wiped out. Stolen by JTV. Wells Fargo wanted to file a lawsuit against JTV if that stolen money was not returned at once. All of the stolen money was returned. There was no charge for the overdraft by the bank. JTV made an offer.

Month ago a ring was purchased with a ruby and tanzanite. One of the tanzanite fell out. At once it was emailed in to JTV. The reply from JTV was... "Sorry we don't carry loose stones here." After they stole all that money they wanted to replace the stone for free, she reclined. All she wanted was... Get her stolen money back from JTV. A new card was issued with new numbers. Stay away from JTV. Your credit card numbers are an open book... And JTV can steal any amount at any time. Day or night. Stay away from JTV. Where you get ripped of 24/7. Everything, every email from this incident has been saved in case it is needed.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I purchased 2 rings from JTV. When the package arrived I was not able to look at the contents due to family issues and a surgery. When I got around to the package, which was over a month, one of the rings was not in the envelope. Customer service said they could not do anything since it was over 45 days. I explained the package was in good shape when it arrived, but the one ring was all I got. I was told to dispute the delivery with the post office. I feel this is not ethical since the package was not damaged. The ring they did not send was over 400 dollars and that is a lot of money to lose due to their error.

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I was watching Dawn back when they had loose gemstone shows on TV. She sold a parcel of Australian opal triplets. She said that these triplets have Hematite on the bottom of the stones and Crystal Quarts or a SYNTHETIC white Sapphire on the tops. When I got the bag home I opened it up and the tops and bottoms of all my cabs were made out of PLASTIC. Yes... plastic. Why would you put something as beautiful as a slice of Australian opal in PLASTIC?!?!?! I DON'T THINK THESE PEOPLE CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS AT ALL. The shipping cost is just plain outrageous and now I know how many times a host has lied to me.

Not to mention, JTV used to list the treatments of stones in the graphics on the TV and don't do that anymore. You never know now what the treatment is on a piece if there is any at all. They make sure you know when something is untreated but NEVER talk about the treatments that ARE there except for a few. I used to hold JTV to a higher standard but I suppose I was wrong

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I purchased a aquamarine ring and after 3 weeks later while I was looking for another item to purchase I saw the ring that I bought went on sale and I called JTV and I’m a customer of 10 years. I purchased many items and they said it’s been more than 14 days and can’t do price adjustment and not trying to honor the discount and not even very polite. I was very upset with the all process and I said, "JTV lost a very good customer." Never ever JTV!!! BUYERS BE VERY CAREFUL WITH JTV. They lower the price right after pass their 14 days so you cannot claim your discount. Not good JTV. Not trustworthy!!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I called JTV to place an order for myself and my daughter. The representative asked if I would like to open an account with JTV. I said sure why not. I placed my order one item to be shipped to me and the other to be shipped to my daughter for Christmas. I received a phone call from customer service explaining that they could not ship the merchandise to my daughter. I was told I would have to have it shipped to me and then ship it to her.

Why would someone pay to have something shipped to themselves and then have to pay to send the item to the loved one for the holidays? I cancelled my credit card account before I receive the card in the mail. I had spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars from this company. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN!!! The person who took my order should have explained that to me before I accepted the credit card. Horrible customer service with people taking orders who are clueless.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jewelry Television?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I have bought several pieces from JTV. I've been happy with everything, except the jewelry doesn't really last, but it's relatively inexpensive. Recently, I wanted to replace a beautiful ring as the stones had fallen out. I had to buy a larger size, but when I received it, it was far too big. I immediately wrapped it all up, put in the package and sent it off. Later I got the ring back and a letter saying that they had received only part of the ring, which wasn't true. They obviously in receiving the ring back misplaced part of the ring. I sent the ring back a second time with a letter asking them to not charge me and keep this ring.

Today, I received a letter saying that if I didn't pay the balance on the ring that they were going to send the amount due to a collection agency. I called and tried to explain that they didn't even send the ring back. They were wanting me to pay for a ring I no longer had. They didn't care one bit. I paid for a ring I don't even have because I don't want it to show up on my credit report. They are thieves and heartless with no customer service. I will never, ever buy anything from JTV again.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I have noticed a change in JTV right after the current CEO took office. Prior to his arrival, the quality was top notch, the pre-owned items were slim to none, the hosts were not hawking products like late-night infomercials, the item you saw on TV or online were just the same when they arrived at your home, and customer service reps were actually helpful. Today, there are deceptive practices, programming issues, and so much more. I would ask that you flood his office with written complaints; mail them NOT email and request a response. Since they are in 90 million homes, maybe he will get the message. His name is Tim Matthews, President and CEO, Jewelry Television, 9600 Parkside Drive, Knoxville, TN 37922. Tell Tim to knock it off and give us back our JTV, where quality is always the highest standard.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Received a pendant in a smeared black bag, the anti tarnish sheet looked like it had partially melted. The pendant was dull. Also received a set of earrings with one of them smeared with what looks like ear wax, tried to wipe off but grossly stuck around the post. Called customer service telling the man that I'm returning the items and requested that they not charge me for return shipping. In a nutshell, he said no refund 'cause they're not damaged and I could clean them just like I clean jewelry anyway. Requested a supervisor. He said they would call me in 24 - 48 hours. You can't talk to a supervisor at the time of your call, total baloney. I admit that I knew that they were problems with their quality control having sent other things in dirty bags, dirty jewelry, and scratched. I decided this time I shouldnt have to pay return shipping. Still waiting for them to call me. If I have to pay return shipping then I'm done.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

One of the hosts on JTV makes adult GIFs to sell for income. Someone posted one of these GIFs on Twitter. I saw it and others have too. It is of the host. JTV knew about it and covers for her. How can JTV be "pro women " and allow this to go on? So, I have nothing but disrespect for the host, how could I watch any show she hosts. How could I support JTV with my money on a purchase? Before I knew this I purchased 3 items. They were ok, but I didn't get the guarantee on the Moissanite like others did. The GIF host also has used "unethical" methods to sell jewelry by saying cushion cuts retain value better than round cuts.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I bought a ring set months ago and it was fine. The stone was 6 ct. (an amethyst). Just a few dollars. Recently bought another ring claiming 5.95 ct. so I thought the stone was almost like 6 cts but it was 2/3rds the size. When I called JTV they said it was because (I didn't listen to the person describing it on the tv) and they combined the stone and the ring itself to get the ct. weight. I never heard of that being done. Sounds as if they are obfuscating the truth on purpose. Bottom line: They wouldn't even pay for the outrageous $6.99 for postage to return the ring. The woman on the phone said if it was damaged they'd pay. Was she hinting I should damage it?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I've been buying jewelry from JTV for over five years and I'm happy with every purchase. I have sent only two pieces back in five years, only because when I got them I changed my mind and thought they looked too big on my hands. Good quality and good prices!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The earrings did not match. One was a pretty Tanzanite color, the other was a washed-out, nearly colorless Tanzanite. JTV charges you to return items, so I contacted Live Chat for them to waive the fee. I thought this was a good idea since I was already on the Internet instead of waiting until morning and calling Customer Service. Wow, was I wrong! The Live Chat person, who called himself Zack, never bothered to read my complaint. I said the earrings did not match. He responded in a pompous, condescending manner that items don't always match the website image. He said the shipping would be waived. I didn't trust him because of his rudeness and I called Customer Service in the morning. He never bothered to do his job.

The very nice customer service lady waived the return shipping fee. I have never been treated in that manner by any representative of any company. I will not do business with a company that employs people like this Zack. JTV really does not care about its customers at all. First, for a good customer to receive mismatched earrings is offensive, but then to be insulted by an employee is just disgraceful.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I have many purchases over the years with JTV. I ordered a ring I had in a larger size because some stones had fallen out. They had been out of my size for a long time. The ring was huge and I sent back. JTV sent it back saying I didn't send the ring guard which I did. I contacted them but they insist they won't take it back without the guard but I already sent it, so I have a huge ring I can't wear with no ring guard. Very disappointed. Linda in their customer service really tried to help me. She said that they do get tons of items back and it's possible, it got lost, but her hands were tied. I won't ever buy from them again.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Last November 2017, I listened to a long winded story one night on JTV, with Robert and his guest vendor. The story revolved around the Kanchanaburi Blue Sapphire mine in Burma, which was ultimately mined out. But, according to the vendor, someone discovered by the side of the mine, I believe it was in Bangladesh, rare Red Sapphires. Very few, mind you. So, I listened and thought , well maybe, and purchased a three stone Red Sapphire ring. When it arrived, I took it to a Certified Gemologist who could not verify that it was indeed a Red Sapphire. So my daughter wanted it, and I gave it to her. Then, a few months ago, I heard Nikki, on Girlfriend Night (Fridays) declare that Sapphires were every color BUT Red. Really? After this guy gave such a believable spiel?

BTW, I hesitate to judge but the two Friday Night Girlfriends need to stop wearing garish clothes and makeup, and have their nails done professionally. I also hope neither one gets married again anytime soon, my what a lot of incessant, useless talk, yes Nikki has been there thirty years, so what. Also the guy, the greasy used car salesman guy who peddles pearls, knows nothing about pearls. I have owned genuine, verified Tahitian, Lavender and Sea Water Goldens, and they have a peacock glow to them, and are NEVER cultured. I still have the appraisals for them.

I am sorry for those of you who have been cheated so badly. Buyer beware I suppose, and what appears to be on TV, is not necessarily so. But JTV needs to overcome the class action lawsuits and the lawsuit from a former employee, and start having some scruples about their customers, and get rid of their lying hosts, ok? I know JTV always says they have 90 million viewers at any given time, and count down the number of sales, but people need better than that. Quite frankly, I am afraid to purchase anything further. It's like rolling dice.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I bought several expensive pieces of jewelry and loose gems between 2005 and 2008. The JTV certified gemologists/show hosts made untrue claims about the rarity and supply of Tanzanite, Red Labradorite, and Paraiba Tourmaline and grossly overstated the value of these items. I paid over $5000 for a 1.25ct Paraiba Tourmaline, $2500 each for two 1/2ct Paraiba Tourmalines, $280 for a 2ct Red Labradorite, $800 for a 5ct Labradorite, $1500 for 27 Red Labradorites under 1ct each, and over $3000 in Tanzanite.

The hosts repeatedly stated that Paraiba Tourmaline was worth a minimum of $15000 PER CARAT and up to $30000 PER CARAT and made similar statements about the values of the other stones. After spending hundreds of dollars on appraisals, these values were false, and to this day, ten years later, they are still worth only about 50% of my purchase price.

Yes, I understand that some things are speculative. However, when people who are supposed to be experts in their field repeatedly state that you need to buy these items now before they’re unavailable, and that they’re a great investment whose value can ONLY increase, you should be able to trust them. I feel as ripped off as I would’ve felt if my financial advisor had convinced me to invest heavily in a “sure thing” and then skipped town with my money and everyone else’s, too... I wish there was a class action lawsuit against JTV, because I would definitely join.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Every piece of jewelry I have bought from JTV has turned colors. Some of these pieces were expensive, and yet they charge you to send it back. Can't even enjoy the show because the 2 guys in the show never shut up. They act like they know everything. Would rather go to a pawnshop then listen to this crap.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I’ve purchased literally hundreds of pieces of jewelry from JTV: Bella Luce, Sparkle in Silver, Artisan of Bali (Awesome! ), Larimar, Vanna K (Awesome! ), Charles Winston, Chrome Diopside, Tanzanite, Topaz, Zircon, lab created gems, Color and Karat jewelry in gold! With extremely few exceptions, I am amazed by the quality and value of the pieces I have purchased. If you do not see a gem on TV go to JTV Website! They literally have everything for you. I have NEVER had a negative issue with returns or payment options. The people in customer service are always helpful and polite. I HIGHLY recommend JTV to fellow “SPARKLIE” lovers!

Original review: March 19, 2018

I see that a lot of reviewers have had really bad experiences, but mine have pretty good, with the exception of a couple of things... The GOOD... I stick to the Bella Luce line, and have had pretty good luck with that. I have in the past, ordered a couple of those "rose gold over", and "yellow gold over" pieces, but have found that BOTH of those treatments look REALLY cheap, and the surface tends to have a "bubbled" look in some spots. When I started buying only the rhodium plated sterling silver pieces, I haven't had any more issues as far as quality. I DID however, have to return ONE ring, because it had a bent prong, and one of the side stones was out, IN THE BAG. It went back.

Shipping... As far as the high shipping fees both ways, as far as I am concerned, if you have to send something back, it should NOT have to cost you $6.99, but that's the only way to be able to track your returned item. You COULD send it back on your own using their address, and buying your own postage, but then you can't prove that you sent it back (unless you pay for insurance and tracking, which might total $6.99 anyway).

Now, the BAD part... STAY AWAY from their JTV Preferred card, as it is backed by Comenity Bank, and that bank is the WORST financial institution ever! JTV "promises" that you will have 6 months "same as cash" when nothing could be further from the truth! Either JTV hasn't researched Comenity Bank enough... or they don't care! Comenity charges fees on top of fees, and no matter HOW much you pay, they will make it EXTREMELY difficult to get the account paid off! I had this experience with Comenity, through a Bridal store, and even though I paid exactly what the bill showed, EVERY month, sometimes even MORE, I was not paid off in 12 months.

On top of THAT, they had the nerve to change me to a "revolving" account, from a "promotional" account, without my knowledge, (And charging me an additional $402 for the privilege!) and said that it was because I hadn't paid off the card in the 12 month period. I had tried MANY times to speak with someone about the fact that they were charging me INTEREST, (when they weren't supposed to be) and that my balance was not going down, no matter HOW much I paid! The woman I spoke with, kept saying that she couldn't do anything about it, and when I asked for a supervisor, she said the same thing. I continued to make additional payments because I didn't want it to go on my credit, and even after ANOTHER year of paying, the balance was STILL almost as much as the original credit limit! It was like a student loan... I couldn't seem to pay it off!

I finally called and asked for a "payoff" date, and since I knew how they were, I added a week's worth of extra money in interest, because I knew that the payment would take a few days to reach them, and I didn't want them to say that it wasn't paid off due to the additional charges for the travel time of the mail. They told me that it was $833, so I sent $840 just in case. I FINALLY had them paid off, and I have NEVER used that card again, and I would advise anyone who doesn't have a regular credit card, or debit card, NOT to get the JTV Preferred card, since it's backed by Comenity. It's POISON!

Original review: March 16, 2018

JTV allows you to return your purchases using their labels. This costs at least $6.99. Well, if you use priority mail it costs 6.70 and trust me, if you have more than one item, it's more cost effective to use USPS Priority Mail. Lately, JTV has no quality standards in their products, have changed the look of their shows (they look like the cheap channel that I don't trust), use camera angles and lighting to make the item look so much better than it does when you receive it. Think about this, is JTV really concerned about customer satisfaction? They used to be but not anymore. It's sad because I really liked some of their Bella Luce pieces. Even the preowned pieces are HORRIBLE. JTV does not even try to clean up the pieces and will send returned pieces that were returned because of damage. BUYER BEWARE!!! The JTV of old is not the JTV of today. I am so disappointed with the downward spiral of JTV.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I sent back this so called Blue Sapphire & diamond simulant stack ring, the stones fell out on the 3rd day. The so called stones in this ring when they fell out they felt like plastic, and when I tapped the ones that fell out on the table they sounded like plastic. CHEAP! I called JTV to tell them I sent order back and give them the tracking # of return package. I was told I would more than likely NOT get a full refund (I sent before 30 day return period). I sent back entire order of 5 items due to poor quality craftsmanship, items not looking like what was ordered.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I have ordered and received a lot of jewelry that just didn't look like or have the quality that the company represents on tv. I always pay an excessive amount for shipping and the sales representatives misrepresent most of the products. The camera always zooms in making the jewelry look bigger and brighter than it really is. Most of the jewelry comes from China and just doesn't have the quality that the hosts portray. Most of the hosts exaggerate the products quality, value and durability and use deceptive sales tactics including outright lying.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Well I went to their website, found a ring I liked and bought it using PayPal which is on their site. Found out after buying it and my money taken out, they don't use PayPal. had to call PayPal to see why they took money out. Then after I talked with PayPal I decide to just try and use my CC and lo and behold paid for it again to find out they never got the order, but they took my money out of my CC. What a scam.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Purchased a 14K Rose Gold Engagement Ring with Pink Morganite Gemstone as a gift for my grandson to give to his girlfriend for their engagement. Gave the unopened gift (from online store) to my grandson in May of 2017. When she came for Christmas holiday 6 mos. later I excitedly asked to see it. I was horrified when the young lady handed the ring to me a small plastic bag not only in pieces but the gemstone was cloudy looking. I immediately contacted customer service and after going back and forth a couple of weeks, they decided they would repair it. I sent it off to their repair shop. I finally received it back approx. 3 weeks later to find the gold band was repaired but they put the same lackluster gem on top. (I've seen gemstones from a gumball machine have more shine.) So I'm out hundreds of dollars and will never purchase from JTV again. A Sad Gramma. :(

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Purchased 200.00 ring from JTV for about 27.00 clearance. Paid EXTRA for JEWEL SAFE insurance. Lost side stone and sent in for repair... a month later Got check back for 27.00. No refund for insurance and they kept my ring without MY PERMISSION. I called JTV. I said I WANT MY RING BACK BUT THEY SAID, "SORRY- NO."

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Happy and thrilled with about half the purchases I make on JTV. And on the other hand about half I'm not satisfied with and send back. I wish they posted better photographs of their products. Sometimes the photos don't show enough detail that you need to see. I haven't had any problems with returning an item and they send me tracking on where my package is going or coming either way. I usually receive purchases quickly and returns get credited quickly so I'm overall satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I have made 2 orders and the 2 I've canceled. They call me to confirm zip code. I made the JTV account and my husband pays my stuff. Now they call me because zip code issues and my husband is not in town and I can't speak to them. They are so good in charging our visa without any issues but for zip code info they can't. Hahah. I won't be buying nothing anymore. And from what I see in reviews it's cheap gold and gems! Thank you so much. Hope I can get my money on my card soon!!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

The 4.25CTW Oval blue sapphire/sterling silver earrings cost $129.99USD. The "sapphire" had absolutely no fire. This is probably the cheapest looking ring I have seen in a very long time. Shame on JTV. I had also ordered a sapphire ring, $89.99USD, same issue, what a cheap looking ring. I could see paying 20.00 each for the earrings and the ring. Now I'm about to lose 14.00 for shipping, because I am sending this cheap crap right back to them!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I have been a customer of JTV since 2014. I have been fairly pleased with their products, but there have been a few bumps along the road. To be fair, JTV has fixed and/or corrected any issues. The latest problem... a ring purchased in 2016. It's never been worn, and kept in the box with an anti tarnish paper. I took it out to wear, removed the tag and noticed the tarnish on the gold over silver band. I know I didn't have insurance, but called to see what they could do. I was surprised to hear that all I had to do was ship it back and the label provided (which I still had). They said they will polish it at no charge! I was thrilled.

JTV is not perfect... But, for the most part, I have been very happy. When I am not, I have 30 days to return it. Often, call customer service and explain the reason, and they will pay the return label making it complimentary. Four years later, I am still doing business with them. That says a lot in my book. Sadly, there is one pair of bands that no longer sparkle. They were my first purchase. Let's see what JTV does.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Purchase a Christmas gift on December 5, told it would be here by the 18th. Still not here and it is the 20th. Called and they say it was delivered but it has not been. They told me to ask the neighbors. Maybe the mail carrier put in the wrong mailbox but it was delivered, call them back next week. REALLY? I already paid for the ring that now won't be here in time and I can't get a person to talk with me about how to get a refund. We shop a LOT online but this place? THE WORST.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I ordered a ring on November 27, 2017 & received an email stating it shipped on November 28, 2017 & expected delivery was December 5, 2017. I have not received it. I have called JTV customer service 6 times to try & resolve this... THEY DO NOT CARE. The rep that I spoke with tonight was actually mocking me & my experience with this. Finally, I had to call & dispute this with my credit card company. JTV needs to completely overhaul their customer service... Even my credit card company couldn't believe the hoops they had me jumping through. THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU ORDER... Buyer beware!

Jewelry Television Company Information