2. Shopping

Knoxville, TN

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.65/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Jewelry Television Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jewelry Television?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jewelry Television?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I have been using JTV for years. The customer service gets worse each time I use them lately. I place an order for Christmas and it has turned into a nightmare. I was disconnected at the end of placing my order. I thought the order was complete. I called the next day to make sure the order would be here in time for Christmas only to find out one of the main items I ordered was out of stock because the order was not placed. I was told the items were in my cart. I did not order online. I spoke with a person to make sure the items were available. I ask to speak with a supervisor. I was told it would be 24-48 hours. No one called so I called back ask for a supervisor. Someone who was not a supervisor got on the phone and told me I would once again I would be placed on a waiting list. It would be another 24-48 hrs. Christmas will be here and over before anyone gets back with me. A lot of help ya'll have been.

Do ya'll have so many complaints a supervisor cannot answer a call! The people answering the phones need to be taught to respect the customer. I have come in contact with some of the rudest people ever. You have lost a long time customer, That a 5 minute call could have cleared up, sorry a supervisor can not answer a call, just what are they so busy doing? We know it is not their job (customer Service). From Jimmy in MS.

Jewelry Television response

Hello Jimmy, we have recently connected with ConsumerAffairs to respond to Customer reviews and feedback. We thank you for providing your review. This experience is not something you should have been put through and for that we apologize. We would love it if you gave us another chance to show that we do truly care and stand behind our customers. We have taken this feedback and have forwarded it to our Customer Care Leadership Team. We hope you are willing to give us another shot.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

JTV sells garbage products intentionally keeping the public uninformed. When buying a diamond you always have to look at the 4, "c's"- color, cut, carat weight, clarity. These are the factors that determine the value of a diamond. JTV purposely does not provide that information. Therefore they sell garbage diamonds at prices that make consumers think they're getting a great deal. But the bottom line is you have no idea what you're getting and/or paying for.

A diamond is not just a diamond if it's a garbage diamond. You wouldn't buy a car without knowing the make, model and year would you? I actually contacted JTV and asked them why they did not provide the details about their diamonds, it's known as grading. Their reply was they couldn't pass on the savings to their customers if they had to grade the diamonds. That is the most ridiculous nonsensical reply. When their buyers go out to buy diamonds to sell to the public they have to buy them based on the 4 "c's". Next time you buy a diamond from JTV Ask them about the grading!

Jewelry Television response

Nancy, we have recently connected with ConsumerAffairs to respond to Customer reviews and feedback. We thank you for providing your review. Many of our diamonds are not graded, which allows us to bring beautiful and affordable diamond jewelry to our customers. In the jewelry industry, it is very common for only diamonds of a certain price range and style to come with a lab certification.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

About a year ago I made a purchase through JTV and used their stretch pay payment plan. My account got a little behind and I ended up paying the entire balance off. At the time, I was staying with a relative that also had her own account and there were times I called in and used my credit card to make payments for her on her account. Recently, I purchased some items off the website and decided to use stretch pay again. I made my deposit and received my confirmation number.

Today I checked to see the status of my items. The website said my account had been closed and to contact customer service, as I did. I was told by two representatives (which surprisingly were rude because I never had an issue with JTV customer service) that my items had been canceled and would not be shipped because my relative owes a balance on her account. This is absurd!

So you are telling me that I am punished for someone else misuse of their accounts. I have my own house, my own cards, and my own email address. None of my information is affiliated with my relative. I do not owe them any monies and when asked, they stated the reason for their decision was not due to me having a balance last year but solely due to her account having a balance. So why am I being treated unfairly? Especially, when this all took place you could not even change your card on file with them you had no choice but to keep the original card on file. Just this year they changed this. I made sure they were aware that I was recording the conversation because this is Ludicrous!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I have had no problems whatsoever with buying from JTV. 30 days return means 30 days return. Why on earth would you believe that you should have more time? If the price is right and the jewelry is beautiful what more would I want. What's that you say? Oh yes the stones may not be the best quality. Well that too is a load a crap. I have purchased diamond rings from renown jewelers. Had one ring appraised at another jeweler for 18,000 dollars and then when I went to sell it to the jeweler they said it was only worth $1500 and the stone had some yellow, etc etc in it and all this is pure **!!!

Some mark ups on diamonds are as high as 100% or more depending on not the quality but the company name you purchase it from. Did you ever wonder why most diamond stores don't buy back diamonds? Gold yes, diamonds no!! So buy a piece of jewelry because you love it and will wear it. If it's from JTV and don't love it, send it back. Follow the rules and speak with customer care via phone or chat on their website. I have even had refunds on items that went on sale within a certain given time that is allowed. No problem whatsoever.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I ordered one ring from them and it was okay. I liked the stretch pay option. After I paid the first one off, I ordered two more. After a few days, I saw the transaction was still pending. But I certainly had the funds. So I am waiting and waiting to get my rings. Still, nothing. I happened to check my email. They cancelled my order! God knows why. I called on Saturday. The stupid system doesn't recognize any of my information. Then I get transferred to some random woman, sounds like she's working from a spare bedroom, not a call center. She couldn't locate me either.

FINALLY, by name search she finds me. They had all of my information WRONG! How is that when I had an order delivered before? I wanted to know why they cancelled my order. She said I'd have to speak to customer service. I thought she was CUSTOMER SERVICE. I said well, transfer me. She says, "They're closed on the weekend." What business is closed on the weekends in this day and age?? I wanted those rings for a special occasion. Now I have nothing. Unprofessional and disgusting company. Thanks for nothing, Jerkyouaroundtv.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I can't believe some of these reviews. Mad because you can’t return something after a year? Upset that you had to pay shipping? Good grief get real. JTV is a great company with good customer service. If I order 10 pieces from them I'm probably only going to keep 7. Personal preference, buyers remorse, and other issues cause me to do this. I've never had a single issue with returns. I usually have my money back in a week or less. They 100% want you to be happy with your purchase but they also are running a business. They can’t comp the shipping on every purchase and they can’t take back stuff you've had a year. If you have reasonable expectations they're an awesome company. I've shopped with them for a decade and have an armoire full of rare, exotic, and beautiful gems. I'd never have been able to afford my collection going to a jewelry store so I'm grateful to JTV.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I love JTV. I have NEVER had a problem with them. Some of my favorite gorgeous jewelry pieces came from them. Quality control COULD be improved upon, but returns are very easy, and refund quickly received. Their peridot items are wonderful. I have many. The "sugar" or "junk diamond" pieces are beautiful for the price. You aren't going to get $2000 diamonds for $300 BUT you will get sparkle. I get a lot of compliments on my JTV diamond rings. Same with pearls, some good, and the rest were returned with no hassle. In summary, JTV is a wonderful place to find just about any piece of jewelry you could dream up. I do recommend it!

Original review: April 25, 2019

JTV has provided the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. This past Saturday they shipped me the wrong item. I ordered a pendant and they sent me a ring. I called immediately and the first customer service rep told me they’d “take good care” of me if I called back on Monday as that particular department was closed and she couldn’t issue another pendant to be sent out to me. I called on Monday and “Karen” was passive aggressive rude as hell and informed me that I needed to return the ring before they would ship me my pendant which is pure BS for the simple fact that my pendant is on flex pay and cost way for than the crappy ring they sent me so obviously I’m going to return the ring because I still have payments to make on a pendant I have NOT yet received.

I returned the ring as I said I was going to and called today as it’s now been delivered and in their possession and they had the nerve to tell me I’d have to wait another 10 days!!! Ridiculous that this company made a mistake and me the paying customer has to suffer for it. They had no empathy or remorse just a “sorry it happens”. I ordered this pendant for a wedding that I now won’t be able to use. I am disgusted and will NEVER purchase another item from them ever again in life. Back to HSN and QVC I go as they have much better products anyway!!! Don’t waste your time with this crappy company!!!

Original review: April 24, 2019

Well, I have read many reviews and am pretty surprised at the number of negative reports here. I have to say, I am not one for writing long flowing reviews for anything really, but I feel compelled to write my positive experiences. Over the last 18 years I purchased all kinds of jewelry from JTV for myself and as gifts. I only returned one piece in that time frame due to a micro pave stone coming out of a setting. Customer service was polite and the return was completed and my account was credited with ease.

The quality of the jewelry I purchased was top notch. Everything has lasted wonderfully, never tarnished or diminished in its beauty. My local jeweler examined, approved, and admired most of my purchases. All of my rings from JTV were sized by my jeweler as I gained and lost weight and there was never a question about quality of the metal, gems, or setting. Quite frankly, in 18 years, I’ve had nothing but great experiences. I recommend JTV and will continue to purchase from them in the future.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I have been a JTV member for years, using the same payment method. Suddenly, I’ve been randomly selected for account verification. Where they need to conference call with me, to my bank to confirm my billing address. What?!?! When did this become a thing. Shame on you JTV. With all the scams going around, that’s what we need to do is call and request payment info and billing info from a bank. I work 15-17 hours a day. I do not have time to sit on the phone for 60 minutes while I wait for Regions online 800# to pick up, so I can confirm my shipping and billing address. That was the last straw. I will go to QVC from now on.

Jewelry Television Company Information