3.17/5

338 Great Clips Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

The Great Clips at Summit Crossing in Lee's Summit has always been a good experience. But I dislike the fact that they turn away customers who arrive before closing time. Today, 2-24-19, I arrived at 4:43 pm, a full 17 minutes before the 5 pm closing time. I was told upon entering the door that they would not serve me. I had tried to check-in online before arriving at about 4:31 pm but the response was "no check-in's allowed the last half hour." What the response should say is, "DO NOT COME, YOU WILL BE TURNED AWAY."

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

When I went back a week later with a picture of what I wanted my hair to look like, asking Beatriz to correct/even up the cut she gave me, instead of trimming the back to taper in with the front she cut all my hair off to an inch in length all over. It wasn't not even close to the picture. I literally commented that I didn't want any of the front cut or the back cut as short as what she was cutting and she told me that this is what she thinks I should have. That it would be easy to take care of. :-(

The other stylists started talking among themselves in front of me about how she can be when she gets angry and it was then I realized she was doing it on purpose. Then she told me never to ask her to cut my hair again. I left in tears and was sick to my stomach the rest of the day. I've posted two pictures. The shorter one is what I ended up with the other is what I asked for. Finally I would like to emphasize I was not one minute rude to her. I just asked her to fix the cut she had given me the week prior. If I could give this salon a negative star I would.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I went in, asked for a trim and ended up almost bald in the back. In the dead of winter! Had nice shoulder length blond hair, and the person chopped it all haphazard in the back when I hadn't asked for it. Brought in a pic of a long layered look, can't afford a haircut to begin with cuz of where I live, no employment in SE Connecticut. **. Never going again. I'll go to Hair Snippery. I even made two trips cuz the first was a ** up.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I signed in online and it said a 25 minute wait and there was one person ahead of me. I got there and there were 2 ahead of me and one of the two haircutters had gone to the bank. She got back after about 15 minutes after the 25 minute period and chewed me out for not checking in when I got there. I did check in when I got there but the other cutter didn't note it. In fact she had asked me twice who I was but didn't note it. I told the woman who chewed me out and had to tell her twice because she wouldn't listen to me when I told her I did sign in.

By then there were 4 people waiting and when she cut my hair it took all of about 3 minutes. I got scalped even though I told her 1/2 inch. AND, there is a patch 1 1/2 inch square by my right ear that is right down to the skin and shines. Terrible! I had been going there for about 4 years and this will probably be my last time. This was the last straw. This is in Sarasota, Fl. University shop. Watch out. Both women haircutters were grumbling about various things and taking it out on the customers obviously. Watch out!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

First never get a haircut here. I live in MN - worst experience of my life. The barber takes so long to do your hair. I knew she was trying but she still didn't do what we want. We had to remind her several times. She cut my hair too short. Do not go here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Great Clips?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I took my son to get his hair cut at Great Clips because when they did it before he was really happy with it and she did a great job. (when they first opened) This visit didn’t go so well. The lady that called his name just stood there and I said, “Um are you cutting his hair?” She said yes and stood there another 30 seconds or so. My son showed her a pic of what he wanted and she said okay. He also told her, “Please don’t cut a lot off the top” cause they always do. Well what does she do? She cuts it all off and his hair looks nothing like the pic he showed her. He also said the whole time she didn’t say one word to him. He was very upset when we left and not happy with his cut. I don’t recommend anyone going here. They cut how they want and to be honest none of them looked like they had a clue if what was going on. This was at the Pace FL location. It made me select a star so I had to choose one.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

This is the worst haircut I have ever gotten. I normally go to a salon, but I figured for a simple cut, I would be fine. The lady cut two inches off past what I had asked for and added her version of layers which is just every piece being a different length. I had nice, long, thick hair and now it looks horrible. I am looking into buying extensions. It is so bad and I am a college student. I will NEVER go to Great Clips again. Only go here if you don't mind crying for three hours about a horrible haircut two days before you go back to school.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Think twice before spending money on a hair cut here. I went to get a pretty simple hair cut, skin to a 3 fade and just cut the tips off the top. The lady who cut my hair was sloppy about where she was using the clipper on the side and went too far up and cut my cowlick way too short. Then on top cut it unevenly, cutting the front at least 1/2 inch shorter than the middle. She definitely didn’t just cut the tips off. I’ve received better haircuts for $5 from a kid in college who never attended school to cut hair. Only come here if it’s your last resort.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Where the hell do they find these people? They cut hair like they got instructions off of Google for God sakes! Never EVER got a good hair cut from here, my hair always ends up like a lawn mower runs over it then a weed wacker goes at it some! This company should not exist! It's horrible! It's like they go up to random people on the street and ask, "can you hold a pair of scissors? GOOD, you're hired!"

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I went to Great Clips to simply have my ends trimmed. My hair was very dense & neck length and just needed the ends to be evened out. This was yesterday 12/1/18. My hair is now chopped beyond my ears with this bizarre "layering" and all of my lush volume has been reduced to a thin, short stringy butchered cut - I kept telling her to STOP what she was doing but she would not and within seconds my whole head of beautiful thick hair was covering the floor! I am now wearing a hairpiece in an effort to conceal the whole pathetic massacred mess but it feels heavy, artificial, strange and I am heartbroken over this and at Christmas too - somebody called "Maria" is the author of this horror - it is so bad it looks like it was done maliciously. She ought to be summarily fired!

Of course it will grow back but in the interim am looking at at least 18 months of seclusion - I don't want to see anyone or go anywhere. In addition to the hairpiece I have since purchased a good professional pair of shears & will learn to trim my own hair and never again will another person ever ever ever again touch my hair! Ever! This entire experience has ended up costing a sea of tears and over $1,000 by the time the hairpiece & the shears were purchased - I bought the best I could find because it is after all for me and I deserved better than what I received here. There is at least 18 months of damage, at least that was incurred in a few short seconds - this is no place for women - it is high risk for any woman who values their femininity.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I took my son for a haircut yesterday 12/13/2018. This is the worst place. I should have left after I seen the way the girl way dressed WTSMFH. The whole staff was rude. Not sure how they could get licensed to do this to the public. Greer SC is the most unprofessional girls. I went home and fixed what they didn't do. I don't know anything about cutting hair but it was much better than them. Note if the stylist hair looks like a grease pit and not well groomed then she can't cut anybody else hair!!!! STAY AWAY FROM GREAT CLIPS IN GREER NEXT TO WALMART.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I may get drunk and shave my head later...that's how awful the haircut I got at the Beltline Great Clips, across from Safeway, was. On the upside, in a few months I'll look like I badly need a haircut, so that'll be some improvement. No matter how bad a barber is, hair at minimum grows back, and that's the nicest thing I can think to say about these butchers.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Went in to Great Clips about two weeks ago. I sat in Reneika's chair, I am sure I spelled that wrong. As soon as I sat in the chair I immediately expressed to her that I needed for her not to be scissor happy. That was the first thing I said when I sat down. I came in with three inches of natural curly hair. So I had no hair to waste. I showed her the style I wanted which I had plenty of hair to pull off. I told her I wanted it stacked in the back. She told me stack and a fade was the same. Even though I knew that was not true I also knew she had the pic right in front of her. This lady cut all my hair off and gave me a fade. The same hair cut my son gets. She cut it all off the to the point where my hair couldn't make any curls in the back and front. She only needed to stack the back and cut a little off the top and sides. I left with one inch of hair and a fade. No curls.

There is no doubt that she did it on purpose. I couldn't get any more clear on what I wanted. There was even a point when she said I look nervous and I said, "That's because I am afraid of you cutting too much." She told me to trust her two times and I did. Worst mistake of my life. She cut it all off. I felt so ugly and I know that's what she wanted. When I came in the shop my hair was longer than the pic I showed her but when I left my hair was shorter. I had a fade but I wanted this beautiful cut that I had more than enough hair for. Do not sit in that chair. She is scissor happy and purposely cut my hair off. She wanted me to feel ugly probably because she does deep down inside. She cut my curls off as she told me they were beautiful even though I told her I wanted them. This was at the Tara Blvd Lovejoy GA location.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I’ve been to Great Clips a couple of times and they did ok but last night in Colorado Springs off of Academy I asked for a temple fade and she gave me a high and tight and I’m like, "Wtf do you not know what a temple fade is?"

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I go to Great Clips in Wentzville, Mo. and would recommend Felicia as the best hair stylist in the world. Always get the most fantastic haircuts in the fastest time possible. If I was wealthy, I would buy her a new car or house or whatever she wants.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Higley and University store - Avoid this location. They are the worst and don't give a flip about customers or common courtesy. I checked in online and it said my wait was 22 minutes, so I waited 25 and went in. The place was packed. And my name was at the top. Waited more than an hour and they kept taking people ahead of me who came in later. Another person who was there before me was just seen just before I left. That wasted two hours of my day. Never got a haircut. The whole concept of checking in online is to avoid any wait. This salon could care less about people's other commitments. I've been going there since they opened and will never return. They used to have several professional hairstylists, but that is no longer the case. Also, had another hairstylist at this location really goof up my hair. They usually have the longest wait time of any other local Great Clips. Poorly managed. Really a place to avoid. There are better places to go.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Been going to Great Clips for years. Yesterday first bad experience. Kristie sprayed the back of hair, cut it. Then sprayed bangs so much so water running down my face. She finished, did not offer to blow dry my hair before going outside on a chilly day. I guess she thinks women over 50 deserve no respect.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Extremely disappointed how my daughter was treated by Liliana today. Felt like we were inconveniencing her. Unprofessional behavior. Told my 12 year old daughter that her hair was difficult to cut. Never followed our directions and was visibly upset when we asked her to correct it. We already made an appointment with real hairdresser to fix my daughter's haircut. I will always remember the old line “you get what you pay for”. WILL NEVER GO BACK.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I went to the Sun Prairie Wisconsin where they had previously done a good job of trimming my hair. The stylist said he was an apprentice and that I would be his first cut. I thought he was kidding. After 10 minutes of shearing and reshearing the sides I concluded that he had indeed never cut hair before. I had assumed that they at least had several weeks of barber school! He then took the #5 shears and proceeded to remove nearly all the hair on the top of my head before I could stop him. He said he was sorry but he never did use a scissors & comb. Now, with more than 80% of my hair gone, I will have to wait 5-6 months before somebody competent can cut my hair.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Worst salon experience I have ever had! (Corbin, KY) Only rating a 1 because theres nothing lower! Took me a year to get my hair to grow out long. Then I got a perm put in at another salon. Went to Great Clips for a hair trim and some layers 3 months after getting my perm. They guy there did not know how to cut hair or put in layers! He brushed my newly permed hair over and over till my head was numb when I left! The haircut was so awful. Another stylist had to stop him and move me to her chair to take over!!!

The haircut was unfixable and now I look like Beetlejuice! My hair was beautiful and super thick and now it is so thin and an unsitely mess where it has to be thinned so much with thinning shears just to make the layers somewhat match. Some of my perm is out now. So another year of letting my hair grow back out and another 100 for another perm!!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I am so displeased with the service at your Fenton Mi location. First I told them my son is one. This is his first haircut and he is being baptized tomorrow. They were in a rush. Botched his hair of no return so not only did he get a bad first haircut he has to get pictures at his baptism with a messed up haircut. I said something and the girl said it is hard to cut hair on a moving object. Since when are people objects? My two year old doesn’t even look like he had his hair touched. I will NEVER go to a Great Clips ever again. Didn’t take any money off my bill and had the nerve to call my child a object. Unbelievable.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I had a great haircut at this Cottage Grove Plaza Great Clips end of August and it was time again. I went back to the W. Point Douglas Great Clips Halloween morning because of the prior great haircut. What I received was worst haircut I can recall. I was told “all over cleanup” but I was sheared. Went out to my car and saw how bad it looked, wore a hat the rest of the day. It will take weeks for this hack job to grow out. Yes, this is my fault, for going into the W. Point Douglas Great Clips and not walking out when I saw that the prior employee was not there. I have bad eyesight without glasses and I thought all the scissors work was detailed trimming. Could not believe the close cut shearing. I have had bad luck at the two Cottage Grove Great Clips, but this shearing by the hacker is too much. Will not be going back to either Cottage Grove Great Clips.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I went to the Wallingford location for a haircut. I asked Cheyenne to make it short on the sides square off the back but leave the top of my head alone. She shorted the sides with no problem but she squared off my hairline at almost my ears and before I knew it she’s cut the top which I asked not to touch. I know it will grow back but I can’t understand why they can’t listen to the requests of the customer. I will not be back.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I have been to Great Clips many times, not all good cuts but I could live with them. Tried new location. He had the info on the cut I've been getting for years. And instead of shaving my neck only, he shaved the whole back of my head. I'm not beautiful but I least could go out in public. Makes me feel worst about myself, I don't know what he was thinking. Worst haircut ever!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I have had my haircut at the same location several times. But some cuts are good and some are awful. The good stylist never stay around very long. Last stylist had no idea how to cut hair, not sure if she had training or license. Will never go there again or any other location, customers cannot count on getting a good haircut.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

My 10/14/18 visit to the Great Clips at the Shoppes at Bethelview in Cumming, GA was one of the most horrible I’ve experienced. One, I decided to switch to this location after quality at another nearby location started dropping, in hope of finding better stylists. Taking my son to get his hair cut, we wanted to advise them what needed to be cut. From the very first interaction with April, she started with an attitude by saying abruptly that the details are in the system and that’s what she was going to do. Not knowing what that meant, we wanted to instruct her and make sure she cut enough. Once cut, we simply asked her to cut a bit more off the front and her reply was that ‘this would be the last cut’. Asking her to clarify what she meant, she wouldn’t answer the question. Up until this time, my wife was dealing with her.

When one of the other stylists looks at me and apologizes, I’m puzzled by what he’s saying, so I get up to find out what’s going on. Once I’m there, April proceeds to blame me for ‘interrupting’ her and saying to me that she has 15 mins to cut hair. I reply to her that she will cut it as long as it takes to get it right and demand to see a manager. Not knowing he’s actually directly next to us the entire time and does absolutely nothing. I demand that he deals with the situation right there and he basically blows it off. I tell them both that I will not be paying for this haircut.

I asked for their names and neither are willing to give their names. After several more attempts, April finally tells me her name. She tells me that she will not be ‘treated like a slave’. Being **, she wants to play the race card. This store needs to train their employees on how to interact with the public and to deal with situations. Their attitudes should not be tolerated. If April can’t take reasonable instruction on what the customer wants, then she shouldn’t be in that position. If the manager allows that type of employee hostility to occur, he shouldn’t be running the store. After this experience along with the recent others, I am completely done with Great Clips and will find another place to my hair cut.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I went in to get my hair cut and styled like a picture I showed her. It looks like a man's haircut. I asked for height to the top and there wasn't. She styled it mostly with her fingers. Just a little tease and no curling iron. Awful.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I went to Great Clips Plainsboro NJ & my 15 year old son clearly said 3 on sides & 4 on the top. The lady never cared, was loud & shouting on the phone... she just took 1 blade may be no 1 & does all over the head... my son was so upset & I asked her to give her name & details, she started yelling again & told me she’s the manager... snatched away the receipt & the copy & told me you are already charged. Harm is already done. You just can’t do anything. The whole incident is so very upsetting. I’m never going to that Great Clips center again.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I went to Great Clips @ 13421 Westheimer Rd Houston, TX 77082 today (09/22/2018) with my 18 months kid and clearly told them that it's first time haircut for her. They wrote down our name on paper and asked us to come back after 20 mins. When we return after 20 mins, they said, "Oops, I didnt check-in you guys in computer and wait another 30 mins." After waiting another 30 mins they called us and after making my 18 months old baby sat in the chair and they put on sheet on her I told her again that it's her first haircut and will make it quick, then the lady went inside for few more mins and after came back she is chatting with another colleague and helping another customer with her colleague.

When I asked, called her and said, "Ma'am it's her first time and she may not sit in chair as she is already crying," then came very rude and removed the sheet from my baby and asked us to leave as we can't wait for her. Very rude of her. She really don't know how to talk with customers... worst experience I ever had. She should have told us to wait few more mins or ask her colleague to help her if she is more interested in the haircut of other person than her own chain. I'm never going to return to that salon. If Great Clips is going to keep her employed you are going to miss even more customers. DON'T GO to GREAT CLIPS in this location.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I went to Great Clips on 1725 Sheridan #A Edge water. Anyways this people that work here have no experience at all on cutting hair. This guy that was there basically left my hair with no blending on the sides. Very unhappy ☹️ about it. Please don’t go to this place. They suck!!! And there was another lady doing nothing on the back. Unbelievable. And on top of all they want a tip Hahahaha lol??? Give me a break!!!

Great Clips Company Information