2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.82/5

GBS Enterprises provides warranty services for mattresses and home furniture through many of the Top 200 bedding and furniture retailers across the US. GBS focuses on exceeding customer expectations and prides itself on being a great company to work for.

GBS Warranty Services Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 30, 2020

I had a mark on my furniture that the guy from GBS fixed for me. He was very knowledgeable and quick. However, sometimes I kinda get confused of what number to call when I have issues. They gave me two different numbers - a protection warranty that I purchased and the customer service warranty that we go through. When you sit on the couch, the cushions are starting to sag inside. I call one number and they say, “No, you’re in the wrong department.” You call another department and they say, “No, that’s not our department.” I got the runaround. I’m still trying to figure out who to call, and they keep hanging up saying I got the wrong number.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Fennell, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that we were able to assist you and resolved your issues in a timely manner. We work very hard to meet expectations like yours and we’re happy to hear that we hit the mark! We do apologize for any miscommunication that you have received in regards to the correct phone numbers. If you need to file another claim with us, we will be more than happy to look into the issue for the new damages to your cushions. We look forward to servicing you in the future, and thank you for being our customer.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2020

The store offered GBS Warranty because the couch I bought was a gray light material, so it gets dirty fast. Black clothes and brand-new blue jeans comes off on the sofa. It stains as well. We had an accident with wine and it got on the couch. We tried to clean them and by the time we cleaned everything, four pillows got dirty with the wine. You could still see that it looked like it had a spill on it. We made a claim and we were just waiting. With the virus going around, we were a little cautious about that. A couple of days out, somebody came and the guy sprayed something on the sofa, then he had a vacuum and he sucked it up. He cleaned it good. We’re a little disappointed though. The rep who sold the couch and the warranty told us everything was covered on the insurance.

It’s a five-year coverage and if anything rips, if we spilled something or any time the couch was really dirty (especially with brand-new blue jeans that stain) and we needed it cleaned, they would come out and clean it for us. We got the runaround. The guy said they only clean certain areas, so he only cleaned up where he saw the spills at. It’s a light color, and it will get dirty. Still, I’m glad I had the warranty.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Doroba, thank you for your review. You filed a claim for wine stains on one seat casing of your sectional, and we sent out a technician to clean the stains. Per the technician report, he cleaned beverage stains from 5 seat casings and removed the stains completely. The protection plan does not cover general cleanings, and the system does not show a call that we received from you to advise us that any of the stains remained. You stated that the technician cleaned the wine stains good, so it sounds as if you were satisfied with the cleaning. If you have any remaining wine stains, please send us pictures of the stains so that we may further process the claim. We apologize if you were misinformed on anything regarding our policy and procedures. We look forward to servicing you in the future.

Original review: March 14, 2020

We had an oil-based stain on our couch. We put in a claim and the contractor who came was very professional. He got the stain out of the cushion and used the tools that he had to do that with. But I was a little displeased with the chemical that he used on the couch. The solution had a very strong chemical smell and probably toxic. He sprayed the stuff, scrubbed it and had to spray it a few more times. It was a terrible smell. My husband asked him to get it out of the house and that it was gonna make all of us sick. So we had to move the couch into the garage overnight because it stank up my whole house. We also opened all the windows in the house for at least a couple of hours. Still, they did their job and they were quick and prompt. But if the solution they used is the one and only way to get the stain out of the couch, I would suggest that they move the piece outside of the house.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Tapia, we apologize about the smell of the chemical. The technicians use products based on the fabric and stain type, so they may vary from product to product. We will forward your feedback to the technician group for them to review your recommendations.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

We noticed that the middle portion of our couch was kind of sinking and when we checked it out, we realized that the wooden frame had cracked. The middle part was the only part affected because the other frames on either end of the couch were all metal. So, we called GBS and scheduled. The reps came and picked up the middle portion of the couch, brought it back to the warehouse and put in a new frame.

The only issue that we had was getting it back, which was a little frustrating. They were supposed to deliver it one day and then they said that they weren’t gonna be able to and they didn’t call back almost immediately to schedule a new time to come and drop it off. We had to call a couple of days later and we were going to just pick it up at the warehouse but they were able to bring it back and deliver it to us. So, there was a little bit of a communication error but other than that, it was good. Everything was fine and fixed in perfect condition. We had a great experience other than the minor scheduling issues at the end but they did a great job.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Stevens, thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with our service and satisfied with the repairs. we apologize on behalf of the technicians for the delay during the return process and look forward to more effectively assisting you in the future should you need us.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I had a previous experience buying a warranty and they gave me so much hassle when I called and get a stain removed. There were so many questions about what it was and they were giving me a hard time about it. It took a month for the repair people to come out and when they did, they would only treat this one couch cushion and wouldn't touch the rest of it. It was so frustrating. I spent hundreds of dollars on a warranty and I felt it was not worth it at all. But I had the exact opposite experience with GBS Warranty.

I had multiple different stains on the sofa and I wanted to get them treated. When I spoke to the reps, they said that someone would call me. The repair guy called me back within 24 hours and then scheduled a visit within 24 hours from that. When he came, he did a great job. He took care of all the spots that I showed him. He was quick and polite. The whole process went smoothly and efficiently. All in all, GBS is a great warranty. The company is great to work with so my experience has been very positive.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Meyers, we are sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience previously, even if it wasn’t with us. We are happy, however, to hear that we were able to provide you with the opposite during your recent encounter with GBS. The fact that we were able to pivot your expectations toward the positive is an amazing feeling. Thank you for being our customer and we look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 19, 2020

We purchased a warranty for our premium grade leather sofa and ottoman. We filed a claim in March 2, 2020 and submitted pictures as requested. A week later we were asked to again submit pictures. We did. Then the pandemic hit. Understandably this claim came to a standstill. I initiated contact again June 15. My claim was denied citing that I’ve did not purchase a premium leather product. We wasted $199.00 on this warranty and would never recommend this product to anyone. I am a meticulous housekeeper and it is just two adults using this sofa and ottoman. There was no way that this claim should have been denied!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 7, 2020

We purchased top grain Italian Leather Couch & Loveseat (Damacio brand) from Ashley Scottsdale-Arizona store and got a 5 year extended protection plan. We noticed few heat marks and dye transfer at few places on the Sofa within 22 months of the purchase, for which we filed a claim to GBS. We submitted all the photos as requested and they did approved the claim for a full replacement.

Within few weeks, we also noticed similar issues on the Loveseat and reported it to GBS & submitted all pictures for that too. After few follow up on the phone, GBS approved the 2nd claim too for full replacement and asked us to wait for an email confirmation. We waited and when we didn't received anything for days we called them and they simply told us that they have rejected both the claims, even after the 1st claim was already approved by them on a written email confirmation and 2nd was verbally approved.

I asked them to send a email with a reason of denial, for which they verbally denied and just told that both the claims are rejected. This is highly unethical from GBS as they denied something which they have already approved earlier. They kept the customer in dark & gave false hope that they would replace the Sofa which they later denied. They didn't kept their words. There is no use of taking the warranty plan, we don't recommend it. We are highly disappointed.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Agarwal, thank you for the update. I do apologize that the store has not contacted you as of yet. Due to the pandemic of Covid 19, some of the stores have not fully reopened, and some are back logged with work that was sent over while they were closed. Please give them a little more time to contact you, or you can call the actual store of purchase so that they may be able to give you updates. In addition, I will send them an email to request the status of the full replacement. Thank you so much for being our customer.

Original review: May 28, 2020

Bought the warranty in 2018 because the salesman at Ashley Furniture told us about how great GBS is... Well he must not have their insurance because they will come up with every excuse in the book to not cover. My latest denied claim was a burn mark from a pizza box, should be covered right because that’s what the book says? Well guess again. They had me send pictures for review (this is where they get you). If they see any scratch or mark you're denied! I had a pencil tip size mark on the table, because of that, I have to pay out of pocket to have this under warranty again. And if I go this route I also have to submit a receipt and more pictures.

Before you submit picture be careful because they will zoom in on every single spot. Also if you have a spill on any furniture Do not touch it. They will deny if you do. I asked an associate Cassandra if I could speak to a manager about this and to have them circle the spot that she claims to be damaged she said this is something the supervisors do not do and she’s never seen them do. How am I supposed to fix it if I don’t know exactly what they are talking about so I know what all needs to be fixed? I don’t want to fix the pencil tip mark that I saw and have them tell me it was something else, seems like they want to send me on a Wild goose chase if you ask me. Total waste of time and money. This review is for the consumer to please read and think twice before purchasing since gbs customer service only responds to 5 star reviews.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Lemley, we appreciate your review. You filed a claim for a burn on the table top. We advised you to send in pictures for further review. Once the pictures were reviewed, it was found that you have multiple scratches all over the complete table top. Per the terms and conditions of your protection plan, general soiling or gradual buildup or accumulation of stain(s)/damage(s) that cannot be attributed to a single occurrence is not covered. Your protection plan does not eliminate the need for routine care and maintenance of your furniture which shall be your sole responsibility. We are unable move forward on this claim. We do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Original review: May 24, 2020

I called in on 1-16-20 to cancel my warranty due to realizing it wouldn't cover any of the accidents I would have in my household. Since then I have lost track of how many phone calls I have made to this company regarding why it’s not almost JUNE and I still have not seen a refund. Been told numerous times they have sent out a “release of claims” letter for me to sign and once I submit that I’ll get a refund in ANOTHER 2-4 weeks. Biggest joke of a company I have ever worked with. I will absolutely not recommend purchasing anything from this company as I’m sure claims on actual furniture are equally as painstaking.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Wells, thank you for your review. We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have had during the processing of your claim. We will resend the release of claims letter to you via email. Please e-sign the document and send it back to us via email. Once we have received the document, we will be able to further process your refund. Additionally, we will contact you via phone to advise of any additional status. Thank you for being our customer!

Original review: April 28, 2020

I purchased this warranty from Ashley furniture and was told what was covered. The furniture started ripping from sitting and was told not covered. A year later furniture is rotting, also "not covered". A bottle of champagne sprayed all over and stained couch and chaise. Claim denied AGAIN. Told to pay for cleaning out of pocket. This warranty is a total waste of money.

GBS Warranty Services author review by ConsumerAffairs

GBS provides mattress and furniture protection services to over 200 mattress and furniture retailers across the United States. The company also manufactures sleep products under the brand names of Healthy Sleep Cool-Tech and Healthy Sleep Ultra-Tech, which include temperature regulating blankets, pillows, sheets and mattress protectors. GBS offers three levels of furniture protection plans: premium, premium with power, and premium with power, mechanisms and frames.

• Accidents only furniture protection plan: This plan protects furniture from accidents such as spills, grass, mud, rips and heat marks. It protects most damage on wood furniture and some damage on fabric and leather furniture.

• Plus power furniture protection plan: This plan includes all the benefits of the accidents only furniture protection plan, along with protection against motor and mechanical failure.

• Plus power, mechanisms & frames protection plan: This is the highest tiered plan and covers everything the other plans cover along with frame and mechanism breakdowns.

• Additional programs: GBS also provides protection for outdoor furniture, area rugs and adjustable bases.

• Dispatch and claims process: When customers purchase furniture protection from GBS, they’re guaranteed friendly and quick dispatch licensed and insured technicians to fix or repair the problem. If the problem cannot be fixed, GBS will replace the damaged item.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team