2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.03/5

GBS Enterprises sells furniture warranties with comprehensive coverage. You can add on its protection plans, which offer nationwide home repair services for a multitude of damages, when you buy your merchandise through many major furniture companies.

BOTTOM LINE

GBS sells warranties for furniture issues not covered by manufacturers, such as stains and rips. Its plans are sold with merchandise and are not available for direct purchase. Technicians service or replace covered items.

PROS

• Comprehensive coverage
  • Nationwide in-home repair service
  • U.S.-based service centers

CONS

• Nontransferable coverage
  • No direct-to-consumer availability

Top GBS Warranty Services Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?

… I had to call the GBS number and make an appointment based on the stuff that I had in my bed. It only took a week and it exceeded my expectations. It was good. He's a really nice guy too. He collaborated with me in terms of what he wanted to do before he could start and everything was clear.

I have a 5-year warranty with GBS that covers any cleaning or repairs for the duration of the warranty… The tech who came had a face mask on. ... He moved stuff around, nailed and stapled things, and our couch was fixed in about an hour.

What is GBS Enterprises?

GBS Enterprises is a third-party provider and servicer for furniture warranty plans. It partners with furniture and mattress/bed manufacturers, dealers and distributors to offer warranty policies for mattresses and bases, area rugs and other furniture at the time of purchase. Its furniture coverage typically lasts three to five years, though warranties for beds last about twice as long.

The GBS Protect All service plans cover fabric, leather and wood and come in three levels:

• Premium (rips, tears, stains and burns)
  • Premium with Power
  • Premium with Power, Mechanisms & Frames

Protect All covers punctures and rips, stains from human and pet bodily fluids, dye, grease, oil, nail polish, paint and marker and more. Its coverage for wood includes peeling, scratches and lifting of veneers, and its bed protection provides motor, mechanism, electrical component, controller and power surge services. Regular wear and tear is not covered.

GBS also sells Healthy Sleep’s Ultra-Tech and Cool-Tech mattress covers and encasements, which protect against dust mites, bed bugs, allergens and moisture. Ultra-Tech pillows feature anti-microbial, moisture-wicking fabric with filling that aligns your head, neck and spine. Cool-Tech products protect from stains and spills and help keep you cool while sleeping.

GBS warranty services costs

The prices for a GBS extended warranty vary based on the type of product you’re covering and its value. These warranty plans incur an additional cost at the time of product purchase. Retailers sell the policies, and buyers cannot purchase them directly from GBS Enterprises.

GSB Enterprises Warranty Services FAQ

What does GBS' warranty services cover?
GBS warranties cover damages to furniture, area rugs, outdoor furniture and adjustable beds. Comprehensive damage coverage includes pet, food, oil, dye and cosmetic stains, rips, scratches and more. GBS also covers glass breakage, veneer peeling and cracking. You can upgrade your plan to include mechanical and power functions.
Where are GBS' warranty services available?
GBS has technicians in all 50 states. Plans are available for purchase through participating retailers.
Where is GBS located?
GBS Enterprises is located in Deerfield Beach, Florida.
Can you pay GBS online?
GBS warranty services are not available for online purchase, but online claims service is available.

Do we recommend GBS warranty services?

Yes. GBS Enterprises’ warranty plans are a good idea for customers looking to protect their purchases. They typically provide comprehensive coverage that far exceeds the manufacturer’s warranty, and the company has technicians in all 50 states. Because the extra protection covers rips and stains, it’s ideal for customers with pets or children. If a protected item can’t be repaired, GBS will replace it.

GBS Warranty Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I got a sectional and I bought GBS Warranty for it. My dad is in and out of rehab right now and was crashing on my couch and spilled chili all over my couch one night. I needed to get that fixed because I'm not down with chili stains on a couch. I had another warranty company with a different sectional that I had before, and that was the worst experience of my life. GBS was so easy, and they were quick. It was effortless. I almost felt like I had to do nothing. It was nice.

I spoke to two representatives and both of them were great. I had to do a return and exchange my couch when I first bought it. The guy was super helpful, super quick and made me feel really comfortable. Then I didn't realize that I didn't tell him it was an exchanged couch. So, when I went online, I was logged in at the same time, and I could see the claim immediately. I didn't realize that it was the wrong type of couch. I called back and the girl that I talked to was really helpful. She even gave me a number to text the pictures to. I was able to send everything super quickly. They were so nice and they laughed with me, too. GBS is excellent in every way. Even the guy that came and did the service was great, too. He even showed me what to do to make sure that the couch piece would dry because it takes a while. He was super nice.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Carpenter, thank you for your outstanding review. We are happy to hear that you had excellent service from your interaction with the agents, all the way down to the technician visit. We thrive to make this a seamless positive experience for all of our customers. Thank you so much for being a part of GBS. We look forward to providing excellent service again in the future should you need us!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I just bought a loveseat from Ashley, and I took out the warranty again. We have a mechanical chair with them as well since mechanical things break. I just moved into a new house and when I did, I plugged in the chair. I reclined it all the way back, so my wife could get into it. When I tried to put it back up, it wouldn't go up. I went through Ashley and asked them how I could go about getting a response to my warranty. They gave me a phone number to call, which was the warranty company, and I asked for the people to come out and look at the chair.

GBS Warranty had somebody out here quickly and they were very friendly and professional. I've got a lot of stuff going on, so my communications with them was quick. They found the issue, and they left. Unfortunately, it turns out that it was an electrical issue with the house, but I didn't know that at first. They plugged the chair into a different outlet, and it worked.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Boehm, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Congratulations on your new home. We are happy the technician was able to assist you with locating the unknown issue with the outlet and ensuring the recliner worked correctly. We look forward to assisting you again in the future!

Original review: July 6, 2020

The problem that we're having with the kitchen table is not ever gonna go away and my frustration is more with the people I’ve talked to at the store, and not with the warranty. Every time they say they'll send somebody out, it takes a month for someone to show up and they do a touch up. This doesn’t feel like they're fixing it, but when I talk to the store, that's just always the answer. It has been a long process in trying to take care of this table and it's frustrating. A second tech that has come out to work on the table said that the issue happens from water. I asked if he was telling me that I couldn't put a cup on a kitchen table and he told me to use a coaster. I then told him that it was unrealistic. When you buy a kitchen table, you expect it to be able to handle breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I feel like I just got a funky one, but I'm just going through the motions. Another thing is that with the touch-up markers, it’s like the whole thing has been retouched up and he put a finish over it. Besides that, I haven’t paid attention to it and I don’t think I’ve seen much since, so we’ll see. He got it cleaned up for now and then he called in to talk to somebody at Ashley. They then transferred him over to GBS, and he said they were gonna make a claim and then get ahold of me again. That was before the 4th of July, and I've never been contacted since then. Still, the guy was great. He was really helpful too.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Brandon **, we value your review. We apologize for any inconvenience that you have endured during the processing of this claim and the claims you made with the store. We are pleased that your experience during our technician's visit went smoothly. We appreciate and value your business.

Original review: April 14, 2020

The store offered GBS Warranty because the couch I bought was a gray light material, so it gets dirty fast. Black clothes and brand-new blue jeans comes off on the sofa. It stains as well. We had an accident with wine and it got on the couch. We tried to clean them and by the time we cleaned everything, four pillows got dirty with the wine. You could still see that it looked like it had a spill on it. We made a claim and we were just waiting. With the virus going around, we were a little cautious about that. A couple of days out, somebody came and the guy sprayed something on the sofa, then he had a vacuum and he sucked it up. He cleaned it good. We’re a little disappointed though. The rep who sold the couch and the warranty told us everything was covered on the insurance.

It’s a five-year coverage and if anything rips, if we spilled something or any time the couch was really dirty (especially with brand-new blue jeans that stain) and we needed it cleaned, they would come out and clean it for us. We got the runaround. The guy said they only clean certain areas, so he only cleaned up where he saw the spills at. It’s a light color, and it will get dirty. Still, I’m glad I had the warranty.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Frank **, thank you for your review. You filed a claim for wine stains on one seat casing of your sectional, and we sent out a technician to clean the stains. Per the technician report, he cleaned beverage stains from 5 seat casings and removed the stains completely. The protection plan does not cover general cleanings, and the system does not show a call that we received from you to advise us that any of the stains remained. You stated that the technician cleaned the wine stains good, so it sounds as if you were satisfied with the cleaning. If you have any remaining wine stains, please send us pictures of the stains so that we may further process the claim. We apologize if you were misinformed on anything regarding our policy and procedures. We look forward to servicing you in the future.

Original review: March 14, 2020

We had an oil-based stain on our couch. We put in a claim and the contractor who came was very professional. He got the stain out of the cushion and used the tools that he had to do that with. But I was a little displeased with the chemical that he used on the couch. The solution had a very strong chemical smell and probably toxic. He sprayed the stuff, scrubbed it and had to spray it a few more times. It was a terrible smell. My husband asked him to get it out of the house and that it was gonna make all of us sick. So we had to move the couch into the garage overnight because it stank up my whole house. We also opened all the windows in the house for at least a couple of hours. Still, they did their job and they were quick and prompt. But if the solution they used is the one and only way to get the stain out of the couch, I would suggest that they move the piece outside of the house.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Jamie **, we apologize about the smell of the chemical. The technicians use products based on the fabric and stain type, so they may vary from product to product. We will forward your feedback to the technician group for them to review your recommendations.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I bought a leather chair from Ashley Furniture nearly 3 years ago. Also purchased 3 year warranty. The leather started to crack on a portion of the seat. Very courteous repairman came out and fixed it. Can’t even tell it was there. Super satisfied.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Atkinson, your review is very important to us. We strive to provide top notch service to each and every one of our valued customers. We are happy to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations and look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

We made a claim to GBS in September last year. The people came in two months later. They said they needed a new leather. In January, the pandemic started and they were not coming anymore. Then the technician came in two months ago. He said that the loveseat was broken and that the part that was sent was different in color and size. It won't work and he couldn't do anything. He fixed the big sofa. But we have a problem with the loveseat. My wife is very angry and not happy. She wanted that we'd go to Ashley's Furniture store. They called the insurance. The experience was bad because GBS won't come in and they wouldn't tell what they were doing.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

This is our second claim for our sectional couch. The pull cord on the recliner broke just after the factory warranty was out. We filed the claim with the extended warranty on April 28th, and the repair was not completed until July 12th. On the second claim, the pull cord broke on the other seat. The claim was filed July 9th and the repair was not done until after September 25th. Both times, we were left with a recliner that didn't work for the whole time. Both times, I had to spend hours on the phone to get any action.

The leather is cracking on the couch. GBS is claiming that in the fine print it says the leather isn't covered unless the rip goes all the way through. I made the assumption that if I bought a warranty for 5 years, I could be assured the couch would last for 5 years, but I guess it has to last with the leather cracked and poking you. Honestly, I feel cheated. We paid extra for a warranty that would cover these issues.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

We bought GBS Warranty on our tables, our breakfast nook, our furniture, meaning sofa, loveseat, and ottoman. The last time, they came in to make some repairs to our table which had some scuffs. They repaired it and they did well. However, the reps that took the order over the phone were not so great. It's been hit-and-miss. They don't get the information right. Then the last time we scheduled the warranty, we tried to schedule it for two different items. They ended up sending one person, but that one person only did one thing, and he could have done both like we originally had planned. We have a recliner, sofas, and loveseats that we paid a lot of money for. We paid good money on the warranty as well. But nothing was protected within the vicinity of damage. They only supposedly do certain type of damage so they don't cover all.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Marquez, we value your review. We sent out a technician for the bar table and bar stool on the first claim, and per the technician report, the problems were corrected. On the second claim that you filed, we sent a technician out for the server and dining table. Per the technician report and photos, they corrected the problem. You filed a third claim for cracking of the leather, holes, and noises of the leather rubbing together. In addition to that, you advised the agent that the damages happened in 2018. The agent advised you that the claim was non-serviceable due to the reporting time frame and non-warranted damages. We do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused, but GBS can not move forward on this claim due to the terms and conditions of the protection plan that you purchased. We look forward to servicing you again in the future for covered stains and/or damages. Thank you for being our customer.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I got a GBS five-year warranty for the couches through Jordan's Furniture. I called for a service request for a stain that we couldn't get out from a spill and I had somebody here in three days. The technician was able to get the stain out and it was very good dealing with him. GBS is something that people should consider depending on how much they can get it for. It's a good warranty.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Houde, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are pleased that your experience over the phone and the technician's visit went smoothly. We appreciate and value your business. Thank you for being our customer.

GBS Warranty Services Company Information