1.3/5 (47 ratings)

About GBS Warranty Services

GBS Enterprises sells furniture warranties with comprehensive coverage. You can add on its protection plans, which offer nationwide home repair services for a multitude of damages, when you buy your merchandise through many major furniture companies.

Pros

• Comprehensive coverage
  • Nationwide in-home repair service
  • U.S.-based service centers

Cons

• Nontransferable coverage
  • No direct-to-consumer availability

Bottom Line

GBS sells warranties for furniture issues not covered by manufacturers, such as stains and rips. Its plans are sold with merchandise and are not available for direct purchase. Technicians service or replace covered items.

Top GBS Warranty Services Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… I had to call the GBS number and make an appointment based on the stuff that I had in my bed. It only took a week and it exceeded my expectations. It was good. He's a really nic...

Verified

I have a 5-year warranty with GBS that covers any cleaning or repairs for the duration of the warranty… The tech who came had a face mask on. ... He moved stuff around, nailed and...

What is GBS Enterprises?

GBS Enterprises is a third-party provider and servicer for furniture warranty plans. It partners with furniture and mattress/bed manufacturers, dealers and distributors to offer warranty policies for mattresses and bases, area rugs and other furniture at the time of purchase. Its furniture coverage typically lasts three to five years, though warranties for beds last about twice as long.

The GBS Protect All service plans cover fabric, leather and wood and come in three levels:

• Premium (rips, tears, stains and burns)
  • Premium with Power
  • Premium with Power, Mechanisms & Frames

Protect All covers punctures and rips, stains from human and pet bodily fluids, dye, grease, oil, nail polish, paint and marker and more. Its coverage for wood includes peeling, scratches and lifting of veneers, and its bed protection provides motor, mechanism, electrical component, controller and power surge services. Regular wear and tear is not covered.

GBS also sells Healthy Sleep’s Ultra-Tech and Cool-Tech mattress covers and encasements, which protect against dust mites, bed bugs, allergens and moisture. Ultra-Tech pillows feature anti-microbial, moisture-wicking fabric with filling that aligns your head, neck and spine. Cool-Tech products protect from stains and spills and help keep you cool while sleeping.

GBS warranty services costs

The prices for a GBS extended warranty vary based on the type of product you’re covering and its value. These warranty plans incur an additional cost at the time of product purchase. Retailers sell the policies, and buyers cannot purchase them directly from GBS Enterprises.

GSB Enterprises Warranty Services FAQ

What does GBS' warranty services cover?
GBS warranties cover damages to furniture, area rugs, outdoor furniture and adjustable beds. Comprehensive damage coverage includes pet, food, oil, dye and cosmetic stains, rips, scratches and more. GBS also covers glass breakage, veneer peeling and cracking. You can upgrade your plan to include mechanical and power functions.
Where are GBS' warranty services available?
GBS has technicians in all 50 states. Plans are available for purchase through participating retailers.
Where is GBS located?
GBS Enterprises is located in Deerfield Beach, Florida.
Can you pay GBS online?
GBS warranty services are not available for online purchase, but online claims service is available.

Do we recommend GBS warranty services?

Yes. GBS Enterprises’ warranty plans are a good idea for customers looking to protect their purchases. They typically provide comprehensive coverage that far exceeds the manufacturer’s warranty, and the company has technicians in all 50 states. Because the extra protection covers rips and stains, it’s ideal for customers with pets or children. If a protected item can’t be repaired, GBS will replace it.

GBS Warranty Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?

Original review: March 1, 2021

The frame of my chair broke. The tech called the next day and came the following day. He did a fantastic job repairing it and it hasn't fallen apart again. After I saw how the chair was put together with staples and not with screws, I would definitely recommend GBS to people who buy the same chair I got. The warranty saved me $700 from buying another chair.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Mark, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are pleased that your experience over the phone, and the technician's visit went smoothly. We strive to provide excellent service. Thank you for being our customer.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

I was a little worried because of the unwritten rule that what happens to my furniture has to be an accident. It's not like anyone's going to purposely break their furniture so the rule is silly. Things go wrong. Other than that, we utilized our GBS warranty when the electrical cord was broken in the headrest. I was happy with the customer service because they were quick. The service tech was on-time, fast, diligent, and courteous. He cleaned up the area. Kudos to him.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Glen, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that we were able to assist you and resolved your issues in a timely manner. We work very hard to meet expectations like yours and we’re happy to hear that we hit the mark!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

Everything the tech did was fine. Unfortunately, there were two other things wrong with the couch where he cleaned. There was a tear. He said because it wasn't on his invoice or work order, that we would have to call back. There was also a cracking noise on one end of the couch. So, we would need somebody to come back out because he only came for the stain. But the stain was taken care of. It looks great. Like nothing was ever there. It was wonderful.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Yolanda, thanks for the awesome review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. If you have other issues on your furniture please contact us to file a new claim or file the claim online. Thank you for being our customer.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I purchased a lifetime protection plan through the Ashley Homestore for a sofa to ensure that if we get it dirty, it could be cleaned or replaced. The claim process was not that difficult. Locating the information to figure out who I needed to call was the hardest part. Looking online, I had to poke here and there to find the correct number. It was Ashley Furniture first and then they said they would put in the request and that someone would call me. It only took a couple of days and we were able to set up the appointment quickly. That was great.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Renee, your review is very important to us. We strive to provide top notch service to each and every one of our valued customers. We are happy to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations and look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

GBS was the warranty that dispatched someone to fix my sofa inside the house. The guy was very nice and professional. He did whatever was needed in a short time. It was good.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. and Mrs. Wassim, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are pleased that your experience over the phone and the technician's visit went smoothly. We appreciate and value your business.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I purchased swivel chairs from Ashley Furniture and the 5 year warranty from GBS. After about 1.5 years, both chairs failed. I have contacted GBS 16 times over the past four months and provided all pictures/explanations on five different occasions. I've been told that the vendor (Ashley Furniture) didn’t register the warranty (they had). I’ve been told that the warranty was for indoor furniture only (Ashley confirmed that it was for outdoor furniture). I’ve been told that a claim was manually entered on three different occasions, only to find that I needed to start the entire process over again when I called because there was no record of our conversations. Each time, they say they will follow up, but they never do. Every 2-3 weeks, I have to go through the entire process all over again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I purchased a lift recliner from Ashley Furniture and got the 5 year GBS Enterprise Protectall furniture insurance figuring I was covered if my chair ever had issues. One of the springs that controlled the foot rest retract broke. So called the furniture insurance company and put in a claim. They rejected it right off but then reconsidered since the mechanism controlled the foot rest. Their technician arrived and looked at it and said yes he would order the springs and then when it arrived we needed to call to schedule an appointment for him to return. Simple fix and he would replace the spring on the other side also.

Well the very next day I got an email saying they denied our claim. And guess what the technician couldn't be reached to question him. No business card was provided. So that was it. We won't bother with this rip off company anymore, they have horrible ratings and I will report to Ashley Furniture what a bad deal it is. So we're going to find a business that actually has someone who can repair a lift chair recliner or I won't do business with them.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I took out the warranty because I was told that the frame and motors would be covered on my sectional. I noticed a tear one day in the fabric and after looking on the underside I found that one of the metal springs/support had actually snapped in half. Still in my warranty period but they are refusing to cover it because the fabric is dirty. Whether the fabric is dirty or not (which it isn’t) the actual frame of the sofa has failed me.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Horrible service, I would never do business with them and would certainly would not recommend. Customer service rep denied some damage on a sofa because they are multiple punctures on the fabric and they don't cover multiple instances, when I asked what is the meaning, he said it has to be just one puncture or tear, not multiple, so basically if you have an accident make sure it is only one hole or one puncture or they assume it is a pet or a shark attack. Claim denied based on assumptions, not what I was explaining happened. Contacted a manager and it seem they read from the same "script" making assumptions that the damage was done by a pet/shark based on a photo. They will make any excuse on the rainbow to not honor their supposedly warranty. Waste of money and time.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I purchased a warranty plan for furniture that I purchased from Ashley Furniture 2 years ago. I have been attempting to file a claim for over 3 months now and I cannot get ANYONE to return a call or a email. I am growing increasingly frustrated with this company. I paid $300 for this warranty and to not be able to get a hold of ANYONE is very aggravating. If I had to do it all over again, I would not have purchased this service.

GBS Warranty Services Company Information