2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.69/5

GBS Enterprises provides warranty services for mattresses and home furniture through many of the Top 200 bedding and furniture retailers across the US. GBS focuses on exceeding customer expectations and prides itself on being a great company to work for.

GBS Warranty Services Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

We noticed that the middle portion of our couch was kind of sinking and when we checked it out, we realized that the wooden frame had cracked. The middle part was the only part affected because the other frames on either end of the couch were all metal. So, we called GBS and scheduled. The reps came and picked up the middle portion of the couch, brought it back to the warehouse and put in a new frame.

The only issue that we had was getting it back, which was a little frustrating. They were supposed to deliver it one day and then they said that they weren’t gonna be able to and they didn’t call back almost immediately to schedule a new time to come and drop it off. We had to call a couple of days later and we were going to just pick it up at the warehouse but they were able to bring it back and deliver it to us. So, there was a little bit of a communication error but other than that, it was good. Everything was fine and fixed in perfect condition. We had a great experience other than the minor scheduling issues at the end but they did a great job.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Stevens, thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with our service and satisfied with the repairs. we apologize on behalf of the technicians for the delay during the return process and look forward to more effectively assisting you in the future should you need us.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I had a previous experience buying a warranty and they gave me so much hassle when I called and get a stain removed. There were so many questions about what it was and they were giving me a hard time about it. It took a month for the repair people to come out and when they did, they would only treat this one couch cushion and wouldn't touch the rest of it. It was so frustrating. I spent hundreds of dollars on a warranty and I felt it was not worth it at all. But I had the exact opposite experience with GBS Warranty.

I had multiple different stains on the sofa and I wanted to get them treated. When I spoke to the reps, they said that someone would call me. The repair guy called me back within 24 hours and then scheduled a visit within 24 hours from that. When he came, he did a great job. He took care of all the spots that I showed him. He was quick and polite. The whole process went smoothly and efficiently. All in all, GBS is a great warranty. The company is great to work with so my experience has been very positive.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Meyers, we are sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience previously, even if it wasn’t with us. We are happy, however, to hear that we were able to provide you with the opposite during your recent encounter with GBS. The fact that we were able to pivot your expectations toward the positive is an amazing feeling. Thank you for being our customer and we look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I bought a warranty protection plan from GBS for the couch, loveseat and ottoman. I called for a service request and the customer service rep was nice. A technician was dispatched in less than a week. He said that they could only clean what I specifically put on the request, which was okay but he cleaned some extra stuff anyway, which was cool. However, as a warranty, it needs to be all cleaned. I shouldn’t have to be specific about it.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I used my GBS warranty for an indoor recliner chair that I bought. The seat was up and I didn't know what happened to it. A technician fixed it and put a longer wire because it kept coming undone. He was here a while. He was very good and I’ve had no problems with my chair now. Before, it was so close and it would unplug. It was a hard place for me to plug it in. It was dark where it is against the wall and tables. But it's been fine ever since the repair.

At first, I thought it would be something like a week before anybody could come. I thought, “Oh, god.” I depend on this recliner. In fact, I sleep quite a few nights on it because I have problems with my legs sometimes. I really need it. But the people called me from the store and said they would be up that day. Maybe they felt sorry because I’m 95 years old. I’ve been very lucky. The technician came right away. It was a simple thing but with him fixing the chair and all, it made a big difference.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I live alone and I was getting ready to have a second cataract surgery in just four days. I had one a week before, and when I had those surgeries, I have to sleep in the chair. I can't sleep in the bed. And the chair wouldn't move at all. It was like dead in the water. I talked first with the factory for the recliner chair then I talked to Jordan's who then told me to call GBS Warranty Services first and so I did. Then Jordan's sent their person to fix the chair.

When I called GBS, the lady I spoke with was very professional. She got all the information down. I explained to her exactly what the chair was doing. I told her about what the technical people had said at the factory. And then, as we were hanging up, she said, "Okay, a technician will be in touch with you." She said it would be six or eight working days, and this was like a Thursday. And I was demoralized because someone will be in touch with me to schedule a visit. So considerably, it could have taken two weeks before somebody came out.

I started to cry, and I don't do that very often, but I was feeling overwhelmed. And she said, "Well, I'll put a note on here that if anybody can speed it up, will they please do it." And so, that was where we left it. But I like the idea of them being able to review request from people like me on a case-by-case basis. In normal times, I would not be in a panic mode. I could wait two weeks for a technician to call me to set up an appointment or I should say six or eight days to set up an appointment two weeks from when I called. But I was really under the gun with that one. And subsequently, it turned out that I had complications with this second surgery, and I would be really in bad shape if I didn't have this chair operating like it is now.

I was in charge of engineering and maintenance for big corporations and then, my last job was with a major hospital in Boston in that same kind of job. And I think when I was scared, I would have appreciated the person reaching out before I burst into tears to say, "Let me see if there's anything I can do to expedite it," rather than getting the standard answer of six to eight working days. She also did have a very accent. She was a little bit difficult to understand, but I've traveled a lot and I just couldn't figure out where she was from. And I finally just decided I'm gonna listen to her carefully, and I did, and it was fine.

Still, I was a lucky duck this time because I'm sure that the piece that was replaced was a big ticket item considering the cost of the chair. The chair, as I recall, was maybe around 2,000. It could have even been more. And the issue was what we call an adapter. It's like the black box on the floor and it wasn't like some of the wire needed to be connected. It was a fairly substantial piece of equipment that makes this chair run. And it's running beautifully now.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for the awesome review, Marcia! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, especially with the circumstances surrounding the time frame in which you reached out to us for assistance with your chair. We’re happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and hope that everything continues to go well for you moving forward.

We look forward to being able to assist you should you need us in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?

Original review: March 25, 2020

My dogs were all over the couch, which was why I requested service from GBS. Requesting service from them was easy. But they were under the impression there was only one couch but I had two. They weren't aware that I had a love seat to be cleaned as well and they sprayed a little bit of the smell towards it.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Moss, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to hear that we were able to provide you with easy way to request service. We appreciate your feedback and will ensure we provide your information to the technician that came out to service your furniture as both were requested to be serviced on the original work order, as you requested.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I had purchased a sectional from a store and purchased the 5 year protection plan that was offered through GBS enterprises. We had some stains that appeared to be the same type in nature on various pieces of the sectional, pillows, cushions, ottoman. I filed a claim in January 2020 and sent in several pictures showing that several pieces had the same stain. I called the company 2 weeks after submitting the claim and they had said "oh no we never received any claim." So I resubmit the claim with the same photos, again. I had to call them back 2 weeks later to follow up since I haven't heard from them and they said they did receive the claim and will send a technician out to review.

The technician came to our residence a week later and said "I only have a work order for the ottoman, GBS had cancelled the other pieces of furniture." The technician left the house since he couldn't complete the work order. He said that he would submit his photos to GBS and they will be in contact with me. 1 week after he left I had called GBS and followed up with the technician's review and they had said, "We haven't gotten any word from him and will contact you when we receive it."

2 weeks later I call back since I haven't heard from them and they said, "We got the review from the technician and it looks like there are several different stains on the different pieces," so they couldn't do anything for my claims. I tried to discuss with Carlos on the phone from GBS claims department and he was saying there isn't anything they can do. None of the claims that were submitted would be covered. 2 years ago I had submitted a claim with them regarding a similar type of stain on multiple pieces and they had approved the claim. 2 similar scenarios ended up completely opposite just based on the opinion of someone that wasn't even at the house to see.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 16, 2020

Hi. Purchased this protection plan from Ashley furniture. At date of purchase the protection plan was advertised to be extremely flexible and valid for up to five years. After three years of owning the couch and coffee I called in my for my first claim. I was unable to find my paperwork so I did not call in right away. When I did finally call in they asked me how long ago the damages were done. I told them I could not say for sure but I had been looking for the paperwork for a while. The response was for me to send in pictures and a manager would reach out to me as soon as possible to expedite the repairs.

Upon supplying the pictures I received another phone call letting me know pictures were received and a service rep will reach out to me soon. Instead I got a phone call from a manager saying that services are not covered because on a recorded line I told them that the damages were possibly done 30 days ago. I asked her politely why they have that policy since it is clearly not in favor of the customer. Her response was rude, and fully loaded with attitude. She told me that I signed a legal document and there is nothing she can do and I was making this matter "personal". She told me she didn't have much time to talk about this matter and she was the highest level manager I could talk to about the situation. All in all this is a scam don't buy it.

GBS Warranty Services response

We apologize for the misunderstanding. Please see your original plan documents for the contact information for your Platinum Protection Plan provider.

Original review: March 14, 2020

We had an oil-based stain on our couch. We put in a claim and the contractor who came was very professional. He got the stain out of the cushion and used the tools that he had to do that with. But I was a little displeased with the chemical that he used on the couch. The solution had a very strong chemical smell and probably toxic. He sprayed the stuff, scrubbed it and had to spray it a few more times. It was a terrible smell. My husband asked him to get it out of the house and that it was gonna make all of us sick. So we had to move the couch into the garage overnight because it stank up my whole house. We also opened all the windows in the house for at least a couple of hours. Still, they did their job and they were quick and prompt. But if the solution they used is the one and only way to get the stain out of the couch, I would suggest that they move the piece outside of the house.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Tapia, we apologize about the smell of the chemical. The technicians use products based on the fabric and stain type, so they may vary from product to product. We will forward your feedback to the technician group for them to review your recommendations.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 6, 2020

Bought a couch less than 2 months ago. Fabric is fraying separating from the cushion. Rep on the phone was rude and said it was not covered because it was not a stain, burn, tear, rip or puncture. Of course they offered to send a tech out with me paying out of pocket expense. When I tried to reason with the rep she continued to get louder saying pay for a tech to come fix it. What a waste of money!! Never again!!

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Rivera, GBS appreciates your feedback. As you indicated in your review and with the photo you submitted, your seat casing is fraying. While your GBS Furniture Protection Plan covers for rips, tears, and punctures to the material that occur by single incidences, or accidents, during normal residential usage, it does not cover any fraying of the material. Although the damage is non-warranted, GBS understands your concerns regarding the damaged material being a blemish on your furniture item. We offer all of our consumers that have non-warranted damages or stains information for technicians within their area, this is done as an opportunity for our customers to have access to professionals for furniture repair that can service them at an out-of-pocket expense. We apologize for any for inconveniences you have experienced. We will review the call and provide the agent the necessary feedback.

GBS Warranty Services expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GBS provides mattress and furniture protection services to over 200 mattress and furniture retailers across the United States. The company also manufactures sleep products under the brand names of Healthy Sleep Cool-Tech and Healthy Sleep Ultra-Tech, which include temperature regulating blankets, pillows, sheets and mattress protectors. GBS offers three levels of furniture protection plans: premium, premium with power, and premium with power, mechanisms and frames.

• Accidents only furniture protection plan: This plan protects furniture from accidents such as spills, grass, mud, rips and heat marks. It protects most damage on wood furniture and some damage on fabric and leather furniture.

• Plus power furniture protection plan: This plan includes all the benefits of the accidents only furniture protection plan, along with protection against motor and mechanical failure.

• Plus power, mechanisms & frames protection plan: This is the highest tiered plan and covers everything the other plans cover along with frame and mechanism breakdowns.

• Additional programs: GBS also provides protection for outdoor furniture, area rugs and adjustable bases.

• Dispatch and claims process: When customers purchase furniture protection from GBS, they’re guaranteed friendly and quick dispatch licensed and insured technicians to fix or repair the problem. If the problem cannot be fixed, GBS will replace the damaged item.

• Best for: furniture retailers and families

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

GBS Warranty Services Company Information

www.gbsent-3.com

Get the news you need delivered to you

Sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.

You’re signed up

We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.