It's that easy Request Information
2.42/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GBS Enterprises provides warranty services for mattresses and home furniture through many of the Top 200 bedding and furniture retailers across the US. GBS focuses on exceeding customer expectations and prides itself on being a great company to work for.

204 GBS Warranty Services Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I had a previous experience buying a warranty and they gave me so much hassle when I called and get a stain removed. There were so many questions about what it was and they were giving me a hard time about it. It took a month for the repair people to come out and when they did, they would only treat this one couch cushion and wouldn't touch the rest of it. It was so frustrating. I spent hundreds of dollars on a warranty and I felt it was not worth it at all. But I had the exact opposite experience with GBS Warranty.

I had multiple different stains on the sofa and I wanted to get them treated. When I spoke to the reps, they said that someone would call me. The repair guy called me back within 24 hours and then scheduled a visit within 24 hours from that. When he came, he did a great job. He took care of all the spots that I showed him. He was quick and polite. The whole process went smoothly and efficiently. All in all, GBS is a great warranty. The company is great to work with so my experience has been very positive.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Meyers, we are sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience previously, even if it wasn’t with us. We are happy, however, to hear that we were able to provide you with the opposite during your recent encounter with GBS. The fact that we were able to pivot your expectations toward the positive is an amazing feeling. Thank you for being our customer and we look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I live alone and I was getting ready to have a second cataract surgery in just four days. I had one a week before, and when I had those surgeries, I have to sleep in the chair. I can't sleep in the bed. And the chair wouldn't move at all. It was like dead in the water. I talked first with the factory for the recliner chair then I talked to Jordan's who then told me to call GBS Warranty Services first and so I did. Then Jordan's sent their person to fix the chair.

When I called GBS, the lady I spoke with was very professional. She got all the information down. I explained to her exactly what the chair was doing. I told her about what the technical people had said at the factory. And then, as we were hanging up, she said, "Okay, a technician will be in touch with you." She said it would be six or eight working days, and this was like a Thursday. And I was demoralized because someone will be in touch with me to schedule a visit. So considerably, it could have taken two weeks before somebody came out.

I started to cry, and I don't do that very often, but I was feeling overwhelmed. And she said, "Well, I'll put a note on here that if anybody can speed it up, will they please do it." And so, that was where we left it. But I like the idea of them being able to review request from people like me on a case-by-case basis. In normal times, I would not be in a panic mode. I could wait two weeks for a technician to call me to set up an appointment or I should say six or eight days to set up an appointment two weeks from when I called. But I was really under the gun with that one. And subsequently, it turned out that I had complications with this second surgery, and I would be really in bad shape if I didn't have this chair operating like it is now.

I was in charge of engineering and maintenance for big corporations and then, my last job was with a major hospital in Boston in that same kind of job. And I think when I was scared, I would have appreciated the person reaching out before I burst into tears to say, "Let me see if there's anything I can do to expedite it," rather than getting the standard answer of six to eight working days. She also did have a very accent. She was a little bit difficult to understand, but I've traveled a lot and I just couldn't figure out where she was from. And I finally just decided I'm gonna listen to her carefully, and I did, and it was fine.

Still, I was a lucky duck this time because I'm sure that the piece that was replaced was a big ticket item considering the cost of the chair. The chair, as I recall, was maybe around 2,000. It could have even been more. And the issue was what we call an adapter. It's like the black box on the floor and it wasn't like some of the wire needed to be connected. It was a fairly substantial piece of equipment that makes this chair run. And it's running beautifully now.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for the awesome review, Marcia! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, especially with the circumstances surrounding the time frame in which you reached out to us for assistance with your chair. We’re happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and hope that everything continues to go well for you moving forward.

We look forward to being able to assist you should you need us in the future.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I bought a GBS warranty protection for a recliner. The chair was still under extended warranty, and it stopped working. The chair has needed that warranty three different times since we’ve purchased it. So, we’ve only had that chair for five years and we’ve had to call for service three times. That’s a little disappointing.

The power wasn’t getting to it and it wouldn’t recline. So, I called for a service request. We had a situation because my mother had a broken hip. The recliner was going to be very useful for her, and it broke just as she came home from the nursing home.

The service warranty went fairly well, although it was a little confusing. You start out calling Jordan’s, and then they tell you to call someone else. Then they send you back to Jordan’s, and then you wait for somebody to call you to set up the appointment. It seems a little bit drawn out. It took about a week to dispatch a service technician. They moved it up and made it more timely, but we still waited a week for it. We also got some special service because we explained the situation. They were able to fix the chair, and we didn’t pay anything even though we were one month short of the five-year expiration on the warranty. The rep was very good, polite and personable. He got down to business, put down a drop cloth to protect the carpet, and fixed everything promptly. He was the serviceman you wanted. He was great.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thanks for the awesome review, Debrah! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

A screw came out of the sofa bed or frame that attaches to the couch. I called GBS and it was a good experience with the rep I spoke with. It just took a few minutes. Then I got a call the next day and the people were out within two days. So in three days, I got the service. They reinforced the couch to the frame, the bed part. And they did both sides so the other side wouldn't have the problem either. It was pretty quick compared the first time I called where they told me I didn't have a claim. Then a week later, somebody called and said I had a claim, the person I talked to first was wrong, and that somebody would be calling me. A couple of weeks went by and I called them back, and I said nobody called. A week later, somebody finally called. So, it took me about a month to get anything done.

The service was needed to be done immediately and we spent a month with the couch in the condition that it was in. What happened was that a baby puked on my couch so we were smelling it for a long time. I was trying to clean it myself which made it worse. But they came out, and they did it, and it was perfect after. I was not there when they came but my older kids who were there said the people who came were helpful.

The cushions that were out were not replaced though. They said normal wear and tear was not covered. But other than that, the protection plan has been all right. I have a complete set of couch, loveseat and chair covered, and I'm glad I have them protected. I only have the couch for a month, and something happened. Anybody especially those with kids should always get the protection plan.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are pleased that your experience over the phone and the technician's visit went smoothly, Katherine. We appreciate and value your business.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I got the GBS Warranty protection plan for my indoor sofa. When there was a stain on the sofa, I submitted a claim with them and had a great experience with their rep. She processed the claim then had that scheduled for a cleaning within a few days. In about three or four days. the cleaning company came out. But I called a few days later to let GBS know that I was really disappointed with the technicians that were sent out. They were at my home for five minutes or less and they both were kind of gruff. They were polite but they were not that well-dressed and smelled of alcohol. So, I was mildly uncomfortable having them in my home because of the alcohol smell on their breath.

Other than that, the techs were pretty quick. They washed the entire furniture, took a picture, and said it was resolved. But as soon as it dried within a couple of hours, the stain was still there. So, I called GBS the next day and they were very helpful in following up. I sent some photos along to show them that the stain was still there and they sent me a replacement fabric cushion for my couch. So, I had no problems with GBS at all.

Having the warranty gives me a nice peace of mind and it was worth my value that I purchased from Jordan's Furniture. I have three little kids and it's comforting knowing that if I have a big stain, I can have it taken care of. In fact, I had them come out a few months ago for another stain on the couch and they had to send the technician twice. The first time didn't resolve the stain, but the second time, it did. So, everything's good.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We take pride in giving outstanding service to every customer and overjoyed to receive your compliment and appreciation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I wish I could give 0 stars. Purchased this warranty through Ashley’s Furniture. Obviously they don’t cover damage due to a move. But Ashley’s salesperson told me different. DO NOT PURCHASE GBS WARRANTY! They will make any excuse to not fix your furniture. Now I’m out of $500 and just because they sent out a technician that DID NOT fix my bedroom set I can’t get my in-store refund in 5 years!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

We have been in process for a week and NOTHING has been done. They keep giving us the run-around and saying they can't open the attachments we provided. This company does not stand behind what they sell. DO NOT BUY!!!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I will say when I call everybody is very nice but the people that they send to fix the furniture they don't fix it right. They Mickey Mouse it. Then it breaks within 2 days then you call. They tell you need to make another appointment and the same story happens again. Keep you waiting and waiting and then they fix it and it goes back again and they had to make another appointment and again I'm still waiting. 3 months later still same problem... HORRIBLE.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

GBS warrantied me against stains and spots on my indoor furniture and if there was any mechanical problems with the furniture, I can call. I've had a issue with one of the recliners as well as removing the stains and spots after three years. I have a five-year plan with them, so I put a call into them. Their representative was very informative and she gave me some additional information about a couple of pieces of furniture they had me listed for, which I did not purchase. There was a miscommunication about the items that I purchased, so I had to dig back three years. I pulled out my original invoice and faxed it to them because what she said that was on the computer that I needed to be cleaned is not what I have in my house. She said once she received the information, she would update the account. She was very nice about it, but it was just a little obstacle of making the call run smoothly.

Other than that, they called the next day and told me that the tech would be there the day after that. So, it was very prompt even though they said it would take five to seven days. The tech also did a good job at what he did, but he's not done. And this has been going on for two weeks. I was getting ready to put a call into GBS to find out what's gonna happen next. I don’t wanna be pushy or rushing, but I feel like he needs to complete it. He said that my one piece of furniture is mechanically broken and he needs to order the part to fix it. And within 7 to 10 days, the part should be arriving to my house. But it's past 10 days now. He also said that when it gets here, it was gonna be a very large box. But I'm home every day and no box has arrived. When it gets here, I'm to call the number and they will either send him or another service technician out to repair the furniture.

So, as far as I'm concerned, the job is not completed and no one has called me back yet. But I'm gonna give it another day or two and I'm gonna put a call in because then I can honestly say it's been three weeks. If he said it needs a fix and I'm under warranty, they gotta come fix it and overall, I'm a little dissatisfied with my experience.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I wish I had read other reviews before purchasing the warranty from Ashley Furniture. What happened to me is EXACTLY what happened to so many others. I had one large spill from a glass of hot tea and it was not covered due to "accumulation" of stains. Never mind the fact that it took them over a month to send someone out to come look at our couch. The vendor they sent out flat out told me that he was recommending they send a new seat cover due to the size of the stain. The GBS rep had the audacity to tell me that "the vendor stated it was accumulation" - which is a flat out lie.

Now they tell me I have to give them a receipt from a professional cleaning before they'll cover anything again. But I'm confident they'll find some way to still weasel out of covering anything else. I mean in the fine print it says if someone else treats the furniture in a "not approved way" that it isn't covered - so I'm sure they'll just claim that Stanley Steemer screwed up. I honestly feel bad for anyone who works in customer service at this company as I'm sure they are all aware the policies this company have to effectively never cover anything are unethical at best.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Mavrak, thank you for the review. You called to report stains to your chaise, wedge and loveseat. We immediately assigned a technician to assess and remove these stains. You stated that, during the visit, the vendor/technician said that they recommend a new seat cover be sent. After the visit, GBS is the only party that can make decisions when it comes to the course of action that needs to be taken based on the terms and conditions of your protection plan. After reviewing the photos, there are damages to the seat casings, cores, inside back cushions, and outside arm of the furniture. Based on your protection plan, that is an accumulation of stains and damages over time and not consistent with a single incident.

Your previous claim was deemed non-warranted for reporting time frame. If you would like to file a future claim, those damages would have had to have been addressed as an out of pocket expense in order to bring the affected pieces back to factory standard.

Your protection plan covers most damages and stains not mentioned in the exclusions. Those damages need to be reported within 30 days of notice and warranted in order to be repaired. If you have any questions or need clarification on your claim, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us we would be more than happy to assist you.

GBS Warranty Services expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GBS provides mattress and furniture protection services to over 200 mattress and furniture retailers across the United States. The company also manufactures sleep products under the brand names of Healthy Sleep Cool-Tech and Healthy Sleep Ultra-Tech, which include temperature regulating blankets, pillows, sheets and mattress protectors. GBS offers three levels of furniture protection plans: premium, premium with power, and premium with power, mechanisms and frames.

• Accidents only furniture protection plan: This plan protects furniture from accidents such as spills, grass, mud, rips and heat marks. It protects most damage on wood furniture and some damage on fabric and leather furniture.

• Plus power furniture protection plan: This plan includes all the benefits of the accidents only furniture protection plan, along with protection against motor and mechanical failure.

• Plus power, mechanisms & frames protection plan: This is the highest tiered plan and covers everything the other plans cover along with frame and mechanism breakdowns.

• Additional programs: GBS also provides protection for outdoor furniture, area rugs and adjustable bases.

• Dispatch and claims process: When customers purchase furniture protection from GBS, they’re guaranteed friendly and quick dispatch licensed and insured technicians to fix or repair the problem. If the problem cannot be fixed, GBS will replace the damaged item.

• Best for: furniture retailers and families

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs