1.1/5 (37 ratings)

About GBS Warranty Services

GBS Enterprises sells furniture warranties with comprehensive coverage. You can add on its protection plans, which offer nationwide home repair services for a multitude of damages, when you buy your merchandise through many major furniture companies.

Pros

• Comprehensive coverage
  • Nationwide in-home repair service
  • U.S.-based service centers

Cons

• Nontransferable coverage
  • No direct-to-consumer availability

Bottom Line

GBS sells warranties for furniture issues not covered by manufacturers, such as stains and rips. Its plans are sold with merchandise and are not available for direct purchase. Technicians service or replace covered items.

Top GBS Warranty Services Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… I had to call the GBS number and make an appointment based on the stuff that I had in my bed. It only took a week and it exceeded my expectations. It was good. He's a really nic...

Verified

I have a 5-year warranty with GBS that covers any cleaning or repairs for the duration of the warranty… The tech who came had a face mask on. ... He moved stuff around, nailed and...

What is GBS Enterprises?

GBS Enterprises is a third-party provider and servicer for furniture warranty plans. It partners with furniture and mattress/bed manufacturers, dealers and distributors to offer warranty policies for mattresses and bases, area rugs and other furniture at the time of purchase. Its furniture coverage typically lasts three to five years, though warranties for beds last about twice as long.

The GBS Protect All service plans cover fabric, leather and wood and come in three levels:

• Premium (rips, tears, stains and burns)
  • Premium with Power
  • Premium with Power, Mechanisms & Frames

Protect All covers punctures and rips, stains from human and pet bodily fluids, dye, grease, oil, nail polish, paint and marker and more. Its coverage for wood includes peeling, scratches and lifting of veneers, and its bed protection provides motor, mechanism, electrical component, controller and power surge services. Regular wear and tear is not covered.

GBS also sells Healthy Sleep’s Ultra-Tech and Cool-Tech mattress covers and encasements, which protect against dust mites, bed bugs, allergens and moisture. Ultra-Tech pillows feature anti-microbial, moisture-wicking fabric with filling that aligns your head, neck and spine. Cool-Tech products protect from stains and spills and help keep you cool while sleeping.

GBS warranty services costs

The prices for a GBS extended warranty vary based on the type of product you’re covering and its value. These warranty plans incur an additional cost at the time of product purchase. Retailers sell the policies, and buyers cannot purchase them directly from GBS Enterprises.

GSB Enterprises Warranty Services FAQ

What does GBS' warranty services cover?
GBS warranties cover damages to furniture, area rugs, outdoor furniture and adjustable beds. Comprehensive damage coverage includes pet, food, oil, dye and cosmetic stains, rips, scratches and more. GBS also covers glass breakage, veneer peeling and cracking. You can upgrade your plan to include mechanical and power functions.
Where are GBS' warranty services available?
GBS has technicians in all 50 states. Plans are available for purchase through participating retailers.
Where is GBS located?
GBS Enterprises is located in Deerfield Beach, Florida.
Can you pay GBS online?
GBS warranty services are not available for online purchase, but online claims service is available.

Do we recommend GBS warranty services?

Yes. GBS Enterprises’ warranty plans are a good idea for customers looking to protect their purchases. They typically provide comprehensive coverage that far exceeds the manufacturer’s warranty, and the company has technicians in all 50 states. Because the extra protection covers rips and stains, it’s ideal for customers with pets or children. If a protected item can’t be repaired, GBS will replace it.

Resolution response: May 16, 2022

It took way too long and too many fights, but the company is replacing the couch, a very satisfying resolution.

Original review: May 11, 2022

If I went into all the details, it would take a week. They take weeks to months to accept and send a repairman, who have been lousy in my experience. My most recent claim makes me beyond furious. I made a claim for a huge spill 3/22. Two weeks later he said he'd come in 3 weeks. He took a picture of the couch so wet that all you could see was water. When the couch dried, many stains remained. I called immediately to ask for someone else. He came and took pictures, then I was asked for pictures.

Six weeks, 5 calls, and different answers every time, I got an email that it wasn't covered because it was "accumulated" damage. They are so stupid they don't know what that means. Common sense tells you you can't accumulate stains in exactly the same place that was "cleaned" a few hours ago. I've filed a complaint to BBB. The furniture store is going to escalate the claim to try to get it fixed, then get me a pro-rated refund. I'm not expecting anything from these idiotic, money-grubbing people who make no effort to provide service as promised.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Carim from GBS was so kind to tell me that you guys will not address my beverage spill because you need me to personally clean all the stains in my couch first, take a picture and send it to you. In what world does that make sense? Why should a person have to clean all the stains on their couch to have a tech address a beverage stain? Why is it so complicated with you guys to just do a stain clean? I had two GBS employees tell me to do an all over stain clean just to be told by another oh never sorry to waste a month of your time but we just do spot cleaning. Okay so do the beverage clean? Nope clean your entire sofa then will… Please do not call yourself a furniture service company if you can not do one thing for your customer. Now I know and everyone I know will definitely not get the ridiculous service ever again.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2022

My daughter got sick and made a mess on the couch. At the same time she had left a marker open on the couch, leaving a small spot on the inside cushion where she was sitting. GBS WILL NOT cover it, stating the T&Cs of the contract that this is an accumulation of stains. They denied treatment because there was more than one spot, even though stains occurred AT THE SAME TIME WITHIN THE TIME PERIOD WITH WHICH IS PERMISSABLE PER THE CONTRACT. This is an incorrect interpretation of the terms, and in my opinion THEY are in breach of contract since they are unwilling to treat even the main purpose of my claim which was where my daughter got sick. I've seen multiple reviews just like this and I think it's disgraceful.

Original review: March 22, 2022

Save your money!!! I'm begging you. Do not get this scam protection plan. They will tell you they cover everything but they will find a way to give you a reason why they are not covering. I submitted a claim for my couch that was accidentally ripped but they denied it even though it says on the terms and conditions that ripping is covered!! Don't waste your time.

Original review: March 12, 2022

I spent $500 to protect my couch telling the furniture store that I bought it from that it was very important and the cost of the warranty covers everything because I had pets. They told me this was the best warranty coverage. It covers everything including stains, YET when you go there make a claim they deny you saying it’s not just one stain but multiple! Which I see many people have been denied for the same thing. So if you spill something in one spot and it jumps and creates a separate spot, you will be denied! It’s such **. My dog licked his foot, make a big mark, moved the other side. Did it again. Before I could stop him or have the ability to clean it myself it created a second spot therefore denied. You get only one stain! If your ONE spill or accident creates multiple stains you will be denied. It’s a scam of $500.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I bought my table in May, 2021 with a $500 no hassle protection plan. 2 weeks ago my daughter spilled nail Polish remover on the table. I called right away and filed a claim. They denied my claim because they said the damage was from multiple instances, it was not. The damage that occurred was listed as a covered item. They are using excuses to deny and there is no recourse once they deny you. My table was in pristine condition and very well taken care of before this and it is less than a year old!! When I called Ashley, even they said that GBS’s response doesn’t make sense.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I bought a protection plan for furniture purchased from Ashley Furniture. The protection plan is through GBS Enterprises. The coverage stated I am covered for accidental rips, tears, punctures, burns & single marks. I have a fabric footboard that had an accidental tear/rip. I contacted Ashley and a technician came out and confirmed that the tear/rip is due to customer use, not a manufacturer defect and it's covered by GBS. I was instructed by Ashley to file a claim with GBS. My footboard is 9/23/2020. I paid GBS for furniture protection for my entire purchase at Ashley (over 10k). I just got a denial from GBS specifically stating: "Hole/Missing Material – Holes in fabric or leather with missing material (material under the hole or that would be covering the hole, is not warranted," which is not in their list of exclusion but more than anything, based their decision on a picture.

NO one from GBS came out to see the damage. Ashley who is their partner in selling the insurance came out and stated to me that this is a rip/tear/customer use. NO one from GBS contacted Ashley for those details when I specifically included that information with my claim. They never saw it with their own eye. A partner technician did and they based their denial on a picture without contacting Ashely.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

Do not purchase this extended warranty service through Ashley furniture. They are completely deceiving and do not cover many of the things that the contract states they will cover. They refer to everything as 'wear and tear' and therefore not covered. I had bubbling on my table. That is not wear and tear. They took my money and do not follow their own policies. They don't care for their customers and their $800 warranty is a scam and complete waste of money.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

Bought their coverage for my furniture when I got it from Ashley. When buying the service they make it sound so easy and helpful and that you don't have to worry about anything, "they got you covered", but in reality when you call for assistance, they make up all kind of excuses and ** to make you disqualify from the protection plan coverage. They were never helpful, and never covered our furniture. Every time we call they give us the runaround. Basically, they only want your money. Stay away and don't waste your time and money with them.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I'm completely unsatisfied with this service. This is for sofa set purchased from Ashley Furniture. I paid for coverage and can't even use it because I reported it outside of the 30 day window from which I discovered the damage which is just an excuse and a loophole. This plan was a total waste of money.

GBS Warranty Services Company Information