It's that easy Request Information
2.98/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GBS Enterprises provides warranty services for mattresses and home furniture through many of the Top 200 bedding and furniture retailers across the US. GBS focuses on exceeding customer expectations and prides itself on being a great company to work for.

116 GBS Warranty Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I submitted a claim in November 2018 (it's now Feb 2019). I heard nothing. I called after the holidays only to find there was no record of my original claim so I refiled. They gave me some options for a date, a choose one but got no time frame afterwards as I expected. It ended up being something that wouldn't work for me (they only tell you the day before), so I canceled and they said I could just send pictures to an email. I did so, heard nothing. Called back they didn't get the pictures. Sent them again which worked. The agent said he "saw the peeling you're talking about" and checked the value of the table, then said it would be easy to just replace it.

Asked for a picture of the full piece which I didn't have at that moment, so he said it would be fine to send later and call back. I did that, and they said I would be hearing back about the replacement in the next couple of days since the claim was complete. The next day I received an email siting that the peeling would not be covered because it was "accumulation of stains/damage". There was never a point in the process where that wasn't the conversation I had with the rep on the phone, but they time and again told me it would be replaced.

I called back to be told that everything I had been told before was incorrect and there was nothing they could do. Absolutely ridiculous. The piece should be replaced just for the very fact that this company is so incapable of providing a clear message to its customer. Such a roundabout waste of time and I will be following up to resolve this.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I purchased the GBS warranty to clean the couches if anything happens. One time, the dog peed on the couch, so I called GBS for a service request, but they took forever to come out. I kept having to call back. First, they said they were gonna have somebody and that they would get a hold of me. I waited for several days, but nobody called back. I called back again and they said it was processing. Finally, after several times, it was resolved and somebody was sent to my house. The technicians that came out did fine and I was satisfied with the service.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I got a protection plan from GBS Warranty Services for my bed that goes up and down and when I called them for a service request when it got stuck, the customer service rep was very nice. I had to have something pretty quick since I had no bed to sleep in because I have to sleep being up in the bed and when it stopped, it was down straight. A technician came the very next day. He looked at the bed, fooled around with it for a little bit and he found the problem. He then fixed it and left. The GBS protection plan has met my expectations so far. They were very good and they did a great job.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My sofa recliner had a cushion collapse as well as recliner. Lift mechanism would not close properly. My wife contacted this company twice but could never get a claim number. She was always told she would get a call back. Never happened. Just a scam.Then I was told by their non customer service that she never called. I was in the room with her during one call. I have phone records. I called. After nearly one hour on the phone I finally had a claim number. I had to send an email in with copy of my purchase receipt which I guess they thought I wouldn't have. Never received a confirmation email. Now I'm waiting on a call back. Which I hope will happen but given my previous experience with this company I seriously doubt this will happen. If not I guess my next step will be to contact State Attorney General's office. Save you money and the headache. Don't buy their warranty.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I've purchased an indoor protection plan from GBS Warranty Services for the mechanical pieces on our recliners. I called GBS for a service request when a reclining piece broke. It just knocked off the wood. Their customer service representatives were very nice. They called me up and then they texted me available times, and I was able to text them back. It took a week for them to dispatch a technician. I would recommend GBS Warranty Services especially for the furniture that we got.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

In November 2018 I filed a claim on a kitchen table that had jalapeno juice spilled on it overnight. Still on February 8 2019 nothing. They can't find emails, don't have the proper paperwork from Ashley Furniture, have to reschedule other companies to come look at the table! I will NEVER buy from Ashley again if the warranties are covered by this company. If I could have I would have not checked 1 star! I usually do not write reviews but had to this time because I feel like customer service employees do not know one another to discuss what is going on. I feel like they just give me answers from a piece of paper that they read off.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Our dog puked on the couch and we had to have it cleaned. My wife filed a claim with GBS Warranty and they said that it might take three to four days before the tech would come out. The next day, however, I got a text that said that the tech could be in our house the following day. Everything was great and the whole thing took two days to complete.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We were having trouble putting the foot rest down on our electric loveseat. And so, we called GBS since we thought something was broken. We ended up having a guy come out and he just pushed it in and said it was fine. I feel like it was a bit of a waste since we didn't need somebody to come out. They could have just explained over the phone that we just needed to reconnect something underneath, instead of sending somebody out when there was nothing broken. We've already paid for the warranty. So, there wasn't a fee, but what they explained to us was that if we don't use the warranty and then after a certain amount of time, we would get that money back. And it would be a waste if this qualifies as using the warranty.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I purchased a sofa and the protection plan and was extremely satisfied for 2.5 years and then have a birthday party and multiple spills took place in one evening and happened on all 3 pieces of the sofa and there were multiple spills on each piece due to multiple kids at the party. I file the claim and submit the photos and don't hear anything for a week, then I call them and find out that it was denied due to being deemed "accumulation". I advise them that it was a single incident multiple times in one evening and frankly I couldn't file a claim during the party on a Sunday when they aren't even there. PLEASE DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE. I have read multiple responses here from them and you can see it's generally the same reason for denial for everyone.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

At the end of 2017, we bought many furnitures from Ashley and paid for 5 years protection plan. I have noticed the top layer of our coffee table lifting about 4 months ago but because I was involved in horrible car accident with my then 9 month old and dealing with therapy, stress many accident related issues. I called them today. They said they will not do anything about it since I have not reported it within a month of noticing it. I could have easily told them I noticed today but I decided to be honest and I am paying for my honesty. I would advise people not to waste their money because they will find a way to get away with it.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I called GBS for cleaning a stain on the cushions on my couch. They were very easy to get ahold of and schedule the appointment with. It was during the holidays, so the contractor took a little bit longer to come out but it was no more than two weeks and I understand that. The contractor did a quick little fix and it was a 10-minute appointment. The work was good.

GBS Warranty Services response

Amanda, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that we were able to assist you and resolved your issues in a timely manner. We work very hard to meet expectations like yours and we’re happy to hear that we hit the mark!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Purchased a $4000 leather living room set from Ashley furniture in 2017. Immediately after delivery we called because one of the backs of the loveseat was warped... so we thought. The warranty company shipped a replacement back for the loveseat. We waited several weeks for repairman to come. As soon as he walked in the door he said the only thing wrong is it was assembled improperly. He took it apart and in 5 mins. It was perfect. I asked about the 2 giant boxes the warranty company had sent. He said they’ll pick up. Still in my living room and it’s 2019. Then a few months ago my husband was reclining on loveseat and the cords to the recliner sparked and split apart. They said they would send repairman out. He came approx 2 months ago and said he needed to order the cords. Still no one has returned.

My husband calls today and warranty company says the case is closed. The repairman says he fixed!!! He never came back and now his phone is disconnected. Also, had a problem with left arm of loveseat. For some unknown reason it started peeling and bubbling up. The warranty company says they don’t cover peeling. If I pay $4000 for furniture and in a year it starts peeling there is a problem with manufacturing! None of the other arms are peeling. This is leather and should not peel unless cut. They said the repairman would look at it and take pics and decide if it should be warranted. Guess what, they denied, but can’t get in touch with repairman that says he fixed cords. Don’t waste your money on this warranty. You’re better off to save your money and buy your own cord. They hardly cover anything!!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

If I could give 0 stars I would. This warranty company is fraud and they will do anything to avoid replacing your damaged product. I submitted a claim three weeks ago regarding my bed frame and bed slots and have not received a single response. I personally had to reach out via phone and finally got in touch with a representative that told me they had to listen to the phone recording in order to process my claim... The first representative I spoke to three weeks ago told me to submit photos from my broken bed slots and my bed frame stain and now they're not valid/covered under the plan. This company is rediculous and is a waste of my time and patience. I wish I read reviews before I paid for a warranty that doesn’t warrant any damages. On top of that every single representative doesn’t speak proper English so you will have to ask them to repeat what they're saying every sentence.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Omerovic we appreciate your feedback. You contacted us in regard to the breakage and loose hardware to your headboard, foot board, and rails. We asked for photos in order to have a better understanding of the damages and make the best decision moving forward. After reviewing the photos, and as a good faith gesture, we have gone ahead and issued a full replacement and sent the work order over to be processed.

The dealer through which you made your purchase will be contacting you to set up the replacement.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I would give no stars if I could. DO NOT GET THIS PROTECTION PLAN. I have been working with GBS on three different claims. I had some stitching rip, and they told me it wasn't covered. I had to go and pull out the Protection Plan and find where it did state that the stitching was covered. Then I needed some seat casings replaced due to stains, for the first one it took from June 2016 to July 2017 to get any replacement parts. I now have another claim going for stains and have been waiting 8 months for any news. I have to call them monthly to keep asking what is going on with the claim. If not, I would never get any resolution.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I bought a reclining couch and an oversized chair from Ashley Furniture, and both of them are covered by GBS. The oversized chair has one reclining part. I was going to pull out the recliner one day, and I lifted the lever and heard a snapping sound. So, the part that attaches the wire to the chair that makes it recline snapped off and broke. And then the cat had urinated on both pieces of furniture, so there were stains. I called Ashley Furniture and they gave me GBS' phone number. I then called GBS and they gave me a claim number, so filing a claim was pretty easy.

On the day that I called GBS, they gave me an appointment right away since they had an opening later that week. It was pretty quick. When the tech came out to initially clean the furniture for pet stains and fix the recliner, he took out his sprayer and did the top part of the couch. He cleaned the surface part nicely, but he didn’t open up the furniture to clean the crevice and that was where all the cat urine went into. Also, he didn’t even flip the chair over to look at the part that was broken. He just said that it was a standard part that needs to get ordered. But he was very polite and professional. A couple of weeks went by after the tech left, GBS didn't call me. So I had to call them, send the serial numbers, wait, and call them back.

They needed pictures of the device that was broken. So I had to take pictures, email those, and call them back. So now, they've ordered it, and they said once it gets shipped to my house, I have to call them back to make an appointment. So, it has taken a time. I didn’t expect to have go through so many steps. I was also disappointed that they said that pet urine problems are not covered. So in other words, they said they'll clean anything that is aesthetically a spot, but they won't really do anything more to clean the urine that seeped down into the cushion. They'll only clean surface things, not really deep clean the urine stain and that was disappointing. It's been about three times now where they've asked me to take a picture of something and email it to them. After I do that, they don’t do anything unless you call back and check on it. So that's frustrating too. So even after I send what they've asked, I have to take the initiative to follow up with them.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I purchased a protection plan from GBS to cover a sofa and a recliner. When the recliner's switch broke, I called them. They were very friendly and polite, and they took care of everything that I needed. They even called me the next day to make sure that everything was all set. A week later, they came and replaced the switch right away. It took 20 minutes and the tech was on his way. I would tell friends that they should get GBS. It’s well worth the money.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thanks for the awesome review, Michelle! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I bought a GBS warranty protection for a recliner. The chair was still under extended warranty, and it stopped working. The chair has needed that warranty three different times since we’ve purchased it. So, we’ve only had that chair for five years and we’ve had to call for service three times. That’s a little disappointing.

The power wasn’t getting to it and it wouldn’t recline. So, I called for a service request. We had a situation because my mother had a broken hip. The recliner was going to be very useful for her, and it broke just as she came home from the nursing home.

The service warranty went fairly well, although it was a little confusing. You start out calling Jordan’s, and then they tell you to call someone else. Then they send you back to Jordan’s, and then you wait for somebody to call you to set up the appointment. It seems a little bit drawn out. It took about a week to dispatch a service technician. They moved it up and made it more timely, but we still waited a week for it. We also got some special service because we explained the situation. They were able to fix the chair, and we didn’t pay anything even though we were one month short of the five-year expiration on the warranty. The rep was very good, polite and personable. He got down to business, put down a drop cloth to protect the carpet, and fixed everything promptly. He was the serviceman you wanted. He was great.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thanks for the awesome review, Debrah! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I bought a five-year protection plan from GBS Warranty Services that covers everything. My wife is handicapped and uses the chair all the time. The ball bearings and one or more of the wheels on the chair were falling out on the floor, which made the chair very dangerous. A cigarette burn had also occurred on the right armrest. Everything was great with the rep over the phone. The person who came out to do the work was dispatched pretty quickly and he was here within a day. He outstanding and very thorough. He couldn’t have been any better. The service was excellent and everything has been fine since the repair.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We are extremely happy that we were able to assist you.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Purchased a 5 Year warranty. After a year, I needed a repair of a table to fix a chip. This was done well, but the repair started to fade. I waited until it was unacceptable, but they denied my claim because I did not report it right away. In addition, they would not repair further damages until I corrected this issue, essentially negating my contract. This was all done because I would not lie about the date, and save them from consistently coming out for repair work.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Watts, thank you for your review. You contacted us to report fading on your tabletop as well as gouges caused by your daughter while playing with a fork. After reviewing the call, when asked about what time the damages were noticed, you stated that you noticed it about two months ago but didn’t have time to report it until now. In your protection plan, it states that “Damages to covered furniture must be reported within 30 days of discovery…” Being that the damages were reported two months later, they were deemed non-warranted under your protection plan.

We would be more than happy to provide you with some information for technicians in your area so that you can pursue the repairs to your tabletop as an out of pocket expense, should you choose.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

My dog got sick on the area rug in a couple different places and the customer service of GBS warranty was pleasant and effective. They dispatched someone after four days and from there it took about a week and a half for the work to be completed. The rug is in the main traffic area, so we’ve had at least 10 claims in two years. GBS has definitely been worth it for us and has paid for itself.

But if I could ask for anything, I hope they could clean the entire rug rather than just a spot cleaner. The first year of service that we had your service, someone came out with a Bissell Spotbot, which was kind of a joke because we needed somebody to come with a professional cleaning system. That one was unsatisfactory. They now bring a professional grade carpet cleaner. But I wish they could do the whole rug rather than just one spot because then that one spot is lighter than the rest of the rug. We had multiple spots because it was a dog urine and the technician kinda argued with me a little bit and then called GBS. It was all about timing and being billed for time. It was gonna take him an extra 5 to 10 minutes to clean the rug and give me the big deal about it. Ultimately GBS approved the extra time. But it would be lovely if we didn’t have to mess with that.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Wulf, we appreciate your feedback and are glad that we were able to effectively assist you with repairing the stains to your area rug. Though cleaning the entire rug is a good suggestion, your protection plan covers accidental instances and is different from a cleaning service which provides overall cleanings. As outlined, your protection plan “…does not eliminate the need for routine care and maintenance of your furniture…” We strongly suggest periodic cleanings on your end in order to maintain the integrity and longevity of your area rug.

We greatly appreciate your input and are more than happy to assist you should you need further assistance.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I have a GBS protection plan for a dresser and a bed. Once, my son scratched the top of the dresser and I filed a claim. I explained to the rep how it happened and where the scratch was on the dresser, and he put in the claim and got back to me really fast. Someone then came the day after Christmas, which was a week after I filed the claim.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thanks for your feedback, Sarah. We work very hard to meet expectations like yours and we’re happy to hear that we hit the mark! We appreciate and value your business.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

If I could leave no stars that would be a more accurate review. I purchased furniture with a 5 year protection plan. Over the years, the wooden legs of the furniture would get knicks and the cushions had small punctures. Rather than filing a claim each time a knick happened, I waited until towards the end of the policy (actually trying to save them from having to repair my furniture so often!).

When I finally did decide to file a claim on all the many things that had happened to our furniture of the years, they asked for pictures. This seemed reasonable, so I submitted them and waited for a response. They never got back with me. After several months I followed up with them only to find out that they do not covered multiple problems because it is considered "cumulative" damage. Apparently they would have rathered I call them 20 times over the years! Their wording is tricky and they have no intention of repairing furniture. They find a way to make an excuse for not repairing it.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Moody, thank you for your review. You initially contacted GBS for loss of color on your loveseat and the wood lifting on the legs of you wide chair. After reviewing the photos that you were asked to provide in order to better assess the damages, the seat casings and arm of the loveseat had extensive cracking and a big area where the top layer is completely peeled off. The leg of the wide chair has multiple scuff marks and lifting of the top layer of wood. According to the protection plan, “Damages to covered furniture must be reported within 30 days of discovery…” The nature of the damages are then reviewed and, if warranted, further action is taken to address said damages. Allowing such single accidental incidents to build up over time without making us aware of the damages, then, results in the accumulation, cracking and peeling and other non-warranted damages.

Should you decide to pursue the repair of the damages listed above, we would be more than happy to provide you with some out of pocket options.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I got the five-year plan from GBS and it's financially worth getting. We have a coffee table where the screws completely came loose, and it needed to be reassembled. We also had a loveseat where one side was reclined back further than the other. They came within the same week and fixed everything. The rep was very helpful and friendly.

GBS Warranty Services response

Maggie, we are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this review. Our company values put customer satisfaction at the top of our list of priorities. We are committed to our customers and making sure that you experience the best service. We look forward to serving you again.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I have a protection plan for recliners with GBS Warranty Services. I noticed some spots on them after my grandchildren had been there in the weekend. When I called GBS to file the service request, everything was fine and the reps who helped me were friendly and courteous. Within a day GBS dispatched a technician who was able to get the spots lifted off. I would recommend GBS.

GBS Warranty Services response

Marilyn, we are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this note. Our company holds customer satisfaction as top priority and we are committed to providing great service. It's customers like you that make our job wonderful. We look forward to serving you again.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

We have a couch covered by GBS Warranty Services. It had vomit on it so my wife called GBS to file a service request. It took them a week to dispatch a technician as this was during the holiday period, but I wish it could have been faster. The tech that came out was able to get the stain removed from our sofa. So far, the protection plan has met our expectations.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are pleased that your experience with us went smoothly, Vincent. We appreciate and value your business.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I went online to file a claim at the end of November for damage done to my dining room table. I reported the damage when it was noticed. A technician came out to take pictures and after weeks I still had not heard anything back. I finally contacted them and was told my claim was denied due it being an accumulation of damage and the way I reported. Let me remind you that all damage is “covered” damage. It’s simply because I should have reported each thing separately.

Then I was given the solution that I could contact their partnering company to pay out of pocket to have the repairs made. This company finds any way to not complete and approve claims because I still don’t understand. If the damage is covered then why does it matter the way it was reported (separately or combined). I reported the damage I noticed and when I noticed it. I simply inspected the table and file a claim after noticing a paint chip on the top. I’m highly disappointed with this company.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Daughtry, GBS understands your concerns and has taken the opportunity to thoroughly review your claim. You contacted us in regards to the damages on your table top. In relation to the exclusion section of your protection plan, not all damages are warranted. When it comes to you protection plan, each stain or damage must be reported within 30 days of noticing it and each instance must be documented because otherwise, the build up of stains and/or damages will fall under accumulation.

Based on the technician's report, there was an “accumulation of damages, dents, scratches, heat marks and watermark all over the table top.” That is why, per the terms and conditions, the accumulation of stains and damages listed above are considered non-warranted.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

When we purchased our leather sectional couch from Ashley Furniture they highly recommended that we get this 5 year protection plan that would cover any damage done to the couch. My daughter got on the couch with white nail polish on her toes and fingers and got nail polish on the couch. I contacted the warranty company in July and they told me I should have a technician contacting me to take off the nail polish. A technician did not contact me to come out to our house until November. When the technician finally came out to our house he tried two different cleaners and was unsuccessful. He told me that he would let the warranty company know that he was unable to repair it and that I should contact the warranty company to see what to do next.

When I contacted them they told me that there was other stains and normal wear and tear (which is wildly inaccurate) and that they would refer me to another cleaning company that I could pay for myself. That is deceptive business practices to make you wait for 4 months for a repair and then claim that they cannot do anything else because of normal wear and tear. So I got ripped off for buying a warranty that they had no intention of following through with.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Standard, thank you for your review. Your original claim was to remove the nail polish from your sectional sofa and loveseat. Based on the technician report and pictures, there were “a lot of other stains and scratches along the whole sectional” which is considered an accumulation of stains. Your protection plan, listed under the Important Exclusions section, does not cover accumulation. We apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

In April I bought a sectional sofa from a Regency furniture store and bought the extended warranty. After only 3 months on 3 separate cushions there were rips on the piping. 2 small piping rips, and one larger one that had become unthreaded along the corner. I put in this request in October when these piping issues were noticed. Pictures were taken and all information was sent. At first my claim was denied because they said it was “Seam separation” and to contact the Manufacturer, I did so. The manufacturer said it was clearly rips in the piping and not seam separation so I called GBS back. They requested more information, I sent what they needed, and they said the replacement cushion covers would be delivered.

At this point no callback, no email. It has now been almost 4 months, the last time we spoke they said my cushions should arrive in 6-8 weeks no need to follow up. Since my cushions haven’t arrived I called for an update. They then say my claim was denied, no callback, no update, no anything. I was just waiting for my cushions to arrive then this curveball. They say it was declined because one rip was consistent with animal damage. First of all I don’t have animals. They are assuming from the pictures that small hairs from my shag carpeting, and blonde children means I have an animal. Are the underside of your cushions clean when you have children? I do not have animals.

So I express this, as each picture shows clear problems with the piping. Also they say only 1 rip looks like animal damage, so if that was the case why weren’t my other 2 cushion replacements sent? I have been waiting to hear back from a manager and am appalled they would deny a claim stating animal damage when I don’t have animals, and they don’t even call to discuss this with me, they just deny the claim and don’t notify the customer or call/email to ask about animals, etc. I am beside myself with my couch having rips by no fault of our own and this company not taking responsibility for a warranty in which I purchased.

Buyer beware. What a scam. I had a couch for less than 3 months, and the piping has rips and have been fighting this for 4 months because in the end they should replace it. I will ensure to never recommend this company or regency furniture for that matter ever again. So disappointed in the service, follow through and shady ways in which they are declining coverage based on assumptions that have no merit whatsoever.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Maniscalco, we appreciate your review. You contacted us about rips in the seat cushions of your sofa and loveseat. You were advised to contact the manufacturer because you reported that the damages occurred within 6 months of purchase and your warranty suggests that “...Any claim that is covered or should be covered by he manufacturer's or store warranty...” should be referred accordingly. You were then redirected to GBS and based on the damages that were depicted in the photos that you sent in, the damages are considered non-warranted due to the nature of the fabric.

We are currently in the process of reviewing your claim in order to provide some additional assistance and will contact you once the best course of action, if any, will be taken.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Purchased bedroom set for my daughter from Ashley Furniture and the extended warranty. Was provided a brochure and salesperson said all the examples I gave was covered. Put in a claim as wood on dresser was bubbling because my daughter left a soda on top. Also, she spilled a plug in and paint color was taken off. Other stains and discolorations were on nightstand from normal use. Contacted company, they sent someone out who said items would need to go to a warehouse, be stripped and redone. He took pictures and said someone would call. Waited two days and finally called them.

I was told because I had normal wear and tear and it was not covered because it has to be an accident. Tried to explain and representative just kept reading a disclosure. I should have just said "accident" and maybe I could have got somewhere. They said they couldn't fix the part that was an accident because I said items had normal wear and tear. It was very frustrating and they kept saying I should have received a warranty in the mail that detailed all the exceptions. Of course, I got no warranty, only the brochure provided by Ashley furniture.

When I went out on the website, there was an advertisement for the warranty and the first sentence included "Covers wear and tear." I requested a refund for the warranty and they said it would be provided at a prorated amount. I don't want the few dollars, I want my furniture fixed. People who buy the warranties should make sure they call after every little nick in the furniture. If you wait until something big happens, those nicks will invalidate your warranty.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Bell, thank you for your feedback. You contacted us here at GBS in regard to the paint peeling on your dresser and the bubbling on the top of the nightstand. Based on the technician's photos, there was also some additional nail polish and discoloration on the top of the dresser along with some watermarks. Your protection plan covers for single accidental instances from residential use and have to be reported within 30 days of you noticing the damage. Since the other damages were not reported on the initial claim, they would be considered non-warranted.

However, as a good faith gesture, we have gone ahead and issued a full replacement on both the dresser and nightstand.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

We filed a claim for a broken reclining sofa. They promptly sent out a technician but that is where the service stopped. It's been weeks and several calls where they tell us they are looking for a part and have not gotten a response from their emails to their parts supplier. They noted they emailed their supplier on 11/7, 11/17, and 12/7 and still have no response to determine if the part is even available. Seems like they would find another supplier or would pick up the phone and call. Now we are in limbo with the holidays coming up and a sofa that will not retract all the way which leaves a tripping hazard for us and our guest. Very unhappy with the service!

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Mortland, thank you for your feedback. You contacted us about the damage to the frame of your sofa. Per the technician notes, we were advised to replace the damaged mechanism. We have reached out to your retailer for part availability and pricing. Once we are able to confirm this information, the part can be ordered through your retailer.

Please note, your retailer facilitates the ordering of parts through your original furniture manufacturer. Your furniture was manufactured overseas and the parts will be shipped from China via shipping containers. The standard shipment time frame for all overseas part orders is two to four months, which may be impacted by the upcoming Chinese New Years. We would like to extend our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences you have experienced. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

GBS Warranty Services expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GBS provides mattress and furniture protection services to over 200 mattress and furniture retailers across the United States. The company also manufactures sleep products under the brand names of Healthy Sleep Cool-Tech and Healthy Sleep Ultra-Tech, which include temperature regulating blankets, pillows, sheets and mattress protectors. GBS offers three levels of furniture protection plans: premium, premium with power, and premium with power, mechanisms and frames.

• Accidents only furniture protection plan: This plan protects furniture from accidents such as spills, grass, mud, rips and heat marks. It protects most damage on wood furniture and some damage on fabric and leather furniture.

• Plus power furniture protection plan: This plan includes all the benefits of the accidents only furniture protection plan, along with protection against motor and mechanical failure.

• Plus power, mechanisms & frames protection plan: This is the highest tiered plan and covers everything the other plans cover along with frame and mechanism breakdowns.

• Additional programs: GBS also provides protection for outdoor furniture, area rugs and adjustable bases.

• Dispatch and claims process: When customers purchase furniture protection from GBS, they’re guaranteed friendly and quick dispatch licensed and insured technicians to fix or repair the problem. If the problem cannot be fixed, GBS will replace the damaged item.

• Best for: furniture retailers and families

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

GBS Warranty Services Company Information

www.gbsent-3.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.