2.6/5 (411 ratings)

About GBS Warranty Services

GBS Enterprises sells furniture warranties with comprehensive coverage. You can add on its protection plans, which offer nationwide home repair services for a multitude of damages, when you buy your merchandise through many major furniture companies.

Pros

• Comprehensive coverage
  • Nationwide in-home repair service
  • U.S.-based service centers

Cons

• Nontransferable coverage
  • No direct-to-consumer availability

Bottom Line

GBS sells warranties for furniture issues not covered by manufacturers, such as stains and rips. Its plans are sold with merchandise and are not available for direct purchase. Technicians service or replace covered items.

Top GBS Warranty Services Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… I had to call the GBS number and make an appointment based on the stuff that I had in my bed. It only took a week and it exceeded my expectations. It was good. He's a really nic...

Verified

I have a 5-year warranty with GBS that covers any cleaning or repairs for the duration of the warranty… The tech who came had a face mask on. ... He moved stuff around, nailed and...

What is GBS Enterprises?

GBS Enterprises is a third-party provider and servicer for furniture warranty plans. It partners with furniture and mattress/bed manufacturers, dealers and distributors to offer warranty policies for mattresses and bases, area rugs and other furniture at the time of purchase. Its furniture coverage typically lasts three to five years, though warranties for beds last about twice as long.

The GBS Protect All service plans cover fabric, leather and wood and come in three levels:

• Premium (rips, tears, stains and burns)
  • Premium with Power
  • Premium with Power, Mechanisms & Frames

Protect All covers punctures and rips, stains from human and pet bodily fluids, dye, grease, oil, nail polish, paint and marker and more. Its coverage for wood includes peeling, scratches and lifting of veneers, and its bed protection provides motor, mechanism, electrical component, controller and power surge services. Regular wear and tear is not covered.

GBS also sells Healthy Sleep’s Ultra-Tech and Cool-Tech mattress covers and encasements, which protect against dust mites, bed bugs, allergens and moisture. Ultra-Tech pillows feature anti-microbial, moisture-wicking fabric with filling that aligns your head, neck and spine. Cool-Tech products protect from stains and spills and help keep you cool while sleeping.

GBS warranty services costs

The prices for a GBS extended warranty vary based on the type of product you’re covering and its value. These warranty plans incur an additional cost at the time of product purchase. Retailers sell the policies, and buyers cannot purchase them directly from GBS Enterprises.

GSB Enterprises Warranty Services FAQ

What does GBS' warranty services cover?
GBS warranties cover damages to furniture, area rugs, outdoor furniture and adjustable beds. Comprehensive damage coverage includes pet, food, oil, dye and cosmetic stains, rips, scratches and more. GBS also covers glass breakage, veneer peeling and cracking. You can upgrade your plan to include mechanical and power functions.
Where are GBS' warranty services available?
GBS has technicians in all 50 states. Plans are available for purchase through participating retailers.
Where is GBS located?
GBS Enterprises is located in Deerfield Beach, Florida.
Can you pay GBS online?
GBS warranty services are not available for online purchase, but online claims service is available.

Do we recommend GBS warranty services?

Yes. GBS Enterprises’ warranty plans are a good idea for customers looking to protect their purchases. They typically provide comprehensive coverage that far exceeds the manufacturer’s warranty, and the company has technicians in all 50 states. Because the extra protection covers rips and stains, it’s ideal for customers with pets or children. If a protected item can’t be repaired, GBS will replace it.

GBS Warranty Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

Very shady business dealing. We bought a sofa in 08/2020, and bought the 5 year protection plan for $99.99. We were told we could get a refund if we don't use it, it covers all types of stain, blah blah blah, then guess what? When we try to submit a claim, it was denied as there was a lot of restrictions, and obtaining a refund was very difficult, we had to call Synchrony, Ashley, and GBS, and then guess what? They all told me to call the other parties as they are not responsible. What a waste of time. Never trust these shady people.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

Not worth money, Save your money and have it repaired yourself. Called to have a claim on fabric with whole and they claim it was stress and will not cover. A hole in the fabric is a hole. Why would someone spend money on a warranty if it's not going to help. I working in the warranty industry. I understand that warranty companies are designed to keep the money. You have to consider the customer's point of view. They are not willing to do that. The first person on the phone call almost seemed excited to decline the claim. That is why I am doing a review. The second person on the phone just seemed not to care what the outcome was. I am sad that it ended like that, no help. Not even a help with where to go or who could repair it. Customer service is very important to me and for that I will not recommend this company to anyone.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

My warranty states "Punctures, tears and rips". My coverage falls under the written agreement that has been paid for upon my purchase with my furniture. I have sent photos and have not received a onsite visual determination. Without proper review they have took my funds and denied my warranty with unsubstantial factors.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

We bought over 12K of furniture from Ashley store and they asked us to pay extra for extend warranty, if anything bad or damage, they will replace or fix it. On top the that price, I have to paid $700 for the extend warranty. And my sofas only 2 years old and the stitching coming undone and defects on cloth material. I open the claim and asked for fix or they need to do something because we bought a plan for extend warranty. And finally, they come back with nothing and said “this is NOT the part of coverage, nothing they can do." This company is just a JOKE, why I have to pay $700 for this JOKE, please be aware this joke.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Like every single person who has written a review about them, I was persuaded to buy the 5 yr warranty by the salesperson at Ashley in Tupelo, MS. It sounded like solid advice because the plan covers everything for five years. Just like everyone else, my claim was denied sight unseen. First, they just replied that they didn’t have any contractors in the area that could get by and look at my couch. I guess they were just going to leave it at that. After calling and complaining, they finally sent someone out who looked at the couch for about five minutes and said that he was going to recommend that they replace all the cushions and covers.

A week or so went by and we didn’t hear anything. When I finally called GBS, I was told that it wasn’t covered because it required the entire couch to be cleaned. Nowhere in the plan does it say that is not covered. Everything happened in one single incident. I could go on and on but the moral of the story is don’t buy any furniture from Ashley and don’t purchase any warrant that is services by GBS enterprises. I don’t really even think they exist.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

I purchased a 5 year premium warranty from The Dump in March 2018. The Dump transferred responsibility for warranty claims after 1 year to GBS. The original terms and conditions I viewed upon purchasing the furniture did not include restrictions to exclude furniture frame defects, nor did it include a requirement to submit a claim within 30 days of problem occurrence. However, when calling GBS to honor the warranty, they refused to repair the furniture, citing their new terms and conditions requiring a claim be submitted within 30 days of noticing a problem with the furniture, and also re-defining the furniture frame to exclude internal frame connectors and joining. Three different dictionary definitions I was able to find include "furniture frame" are:

1 ) Furniture is made by joining pieces of wood together.
    2) The furniture frame gives the structural support and determines its basic shape.

3) A frame is the structural support or the basic shape of a piece of furniture before it is upholstered, stained or veneered.

All three definitions include the joining parts of a sectional couch, which includes the internal joints and connectors. Some of these connectors are broken and under warranty, but GBS fraudulently claimed that since a sectional couch can be separated into different pieces, these connectors are "external ornamentation" and are not covered. However, the couch cannot function or retain its basic shape without these connections joining the different sections. This is a breach of warranty and fraud, not to mention dishonest, by altering or adding to the original warranty terms, and attempting to redefine the furniture frame to excludes its basic components.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

I purchased a warranty on my sectional from GBS. The arm and back of the couch broke and so I submitted a claim. They referred me to a third-party technician. The technician was on-time and very kind. He told me due to the location of the break, he was unable to repair my couch and so he put a temporary fix using wood glue but said it would not hold over time. He said that the couch was unrepairable.

When I contacted GBS to follow up on what needed to be done, they said that the technician reported that the couch was fully repaired and included in the report were things that he did not do (such as putting screws to secure the couch). When I notified them that the technician did not put screws to fully repair the couch, they sent him back out. He came back out and told me there was nothing more he could do and again said it was unrepairable and that he was including that in his report. Upon contacting GBS, they again told me his report showed that the couch was fully repaired. Either GBS is not being fully transparent with me or the technician is not— either way, this has been a frustrating experience in attempting to repair my couch.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I bought an extended warranty for a sofa set I purchased at Ashley's. They said it'll give me peace of mind and protect my investment. Little did I know that when I needed it I found out is just a scam. The reclining mechanism in the sofa stopped working. I called Ashley and they referred me to the company that handles the extended warranty (GBS) because this happened after a year, which is what the manufacturer covers. After going through a detailed questionnaire, the customer service guy told me is not covered because I called it in after 30 days when the malfunction happened.

After going nowhere with him, I asked to speak to a supervisor, a very rude lady told me that my claim couldn't proceed because it was after that 30 days and said there is nothing they could do. The moral of the story is don't buy it, save the money and complain to Ashley Furniture to stop offering this worthless warranty (I wished I could have seen the reviews before I bought it). DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Original review: July 19, 2022

This company is a scam. Their brochure says they cover damages. My dog got sick and omitted on the carpet. Since it was a day he was really sick it happened several times in different places. So because it was more than once, they will not honor it. They will only cover it if it happened once in one spot. They don't stand by their warranty and don't cover what they say. If I were you I would pass on this company and either look elsewhere or save your money and buy a new one when the time comes. At least this way you're not throwing away your money. AWFUL!

Original review: July 1, 2022

3 years ago my husband and I bought a sectional couch with a chaise as well as a dining table from Ashley Homestore. We paid a lot of money for the extended warranty through GBS Warranty Services to cover accidents. Recently my toddler got a hold of scissors and ripped up some parts of the cushion covers of the couch and chaise and had, as well, chipped some of the dining table wood.

I made claims for the items and GBS denied all the claims saying that since there’s regular wear and tear on all these items they won’t cover the accidental damage, even though I didn’t make the claims about the regular wear and tear only the accidental damage done by my son. It doesn’t make any sense that they wouldn’t cover these accidents because of regular wear and tear because the items to be covered would always have to be in pristine condition for the 5 years these items are covered, which makes absolutely no sense. They’re just trying to make it so they don’t have to hold up their end of the bargain which we paid a lot of money to be covered.

GBS Warranty Services Company Information