It's that easy Request Information
3.16/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GBS Enterprises provides warranty services for mattresses and home furniture through many of the Top 200 bedding and furniture retailers across the US. GBS focuses on exceeding customer expectations and prides itself on being a great company to work for.

87 GBS Warranty Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

We filed a claim for a broken reclining sofa. They promptly sent out a technician but that is where the service stopped. It's been weeks and several calls where they tell us they are looking for a part and have not gotten a response from their emails to their parts supplier. They noted they emailed their supplier on 11/7, 11/17, and 12/7 and still have no response to determine if the part is even available. Seems like they would find another supplier or would pick up the phone and call. Now we are in limbo with the holidays coming up and a sofa that will not retract all the way which leaves a tripping hazard for us and our guest. Very unhappy with the service!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I purchased a leather sofa from Ashley in 2016 and since I have three small children I decided to purchase the 5 year warranty in case of an accident. My 6 year old made some holes with scissors so I filed a claim in Sept 2018. I emailed the photos twice and never heard from them. I called several times. Still nothing. I called in Dec 2018 and after speaking to two reps and a manager they flat out denied the because they said there was color change and wear signs. I made it clear that I filed the claim for the holes alone and nothing else. They denied it and said they can’t help me any further. I asked to speak to a different manager and provided my contact info even though they never contacted me.

I called Ashley and they said that’s a legitimate claim and they should cover it, they told me to contact their corporate office because obviously this is against the policy. I am not sure what kind of business they are running but it seems that they just take your money for services they won’t honor. It’s stealing!!! I will be contacting Corporate as well as BBB to file a claim with them.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I have had to call GBS for a purchase we made on a living room set. The first one was filed Sep 8, 2017, and finally got a claim number on Sep 21. It took 8 phone calls of at least an hour, to multiple different employees, to get resolution. No one really knows what the company rules are. I was told so many different things and none of them were true. Then, it was another 2 weeks before they got someone out to fix it.

I have called 2 weeks ago to file a second claim. This time I have made 3 phone calls, over an hour each, sent in pictures twice, one guy said they got the pictures and it would be covered, he placed me on hold to finalize the notes and hung up on me. I called back and had to start the process over. And was told by the next person the pictures weren’t good, and they didn't see the damage so it wouldn't be covered. She is closing the claim. Bottom line - the furniture companies push this plan on you when you purchase new furniture. Save your $150 and a lot of headaches. It’s so not worth it.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I have called GBS 3-4 times now and each time I am met with tons of excuses. I submitted a claim and the first time was told that certain parts of the claim would be denied because it wasn't covered in the warranty. I then received an email asking for pictures of the damage I submitted the claim for, which included bubbling on the headboard. I received no response back so I called again.

This time I was told that there are too many damages for the claim to be processed even though they had already told me part of the claim couldn't be processed. I told them I did not dispute that but I wanted the other damage repaired. They told me that would not be possible as they were including the claim that was denied to make their decision. I have received nothing but the worst customer service imaginable by both GBS and Ashley Furniture. When I asked to speak to a manager I was placed on hold and then told one would get back to me within 24-72 hours. What type of customer service is that? I asked for the name of the CEO and corporate office information and was not provided that information either. GBS and Ashley Furniture are proving to be scammers. I would never suggest anyone purchase anything from them.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Palacios, GBS would like to extend our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences you have experienced. Currently, what would be considered a Corporate location for the Furniture Protection Plans is located in Deerfield Beach, FL. Any inquires would need to be addressed to this location.

After reviewing your claim, there are scratch marks on the headboard and footboard, breakage on the rails as well as bubbling, chipping and missing hardware throughout the twin bed. Per the terms and conditions of your Furniture Protection, stains or damages that have accumulated or built up over time and reported after the 30 day time frame are non-warranted.

As requested, your request to cancel the plan is being processed. You should receive your Release of Claims letter in the mail shortly.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have a GBS warranty on a kitchen dining set from Slumberland. The claim was initiated on 10/6/18. Today is 11/27/18. Still no replacement table. Every time I called to check on the claim I got a different person. Every person had a different take on what the warranty would cover. On at least 3 occasions I was told I would get a callback. Once it did occur. I sent in photos at least 3 times because they couldn't seem to keep up with them. They did agree to replace only the table although I was told by 2 different representatives that it should be replaced as a set. I was, and still am, concerned that they will not honor the warranty on the chairs because I have had so much trouble sorting this out. They emailed a copy of the warranty upon my request for a guarantee that the chairs would still be covered.

The local Slumberland told me I would have to pay them for pick up of the damaged table, delivery and set up of the new table. 2 different GBS reps told me that the store was responsible, which is what I would expect. The latest GBS rep told me to sort it out with the store. I paid for someone to delivery and set it up the first time around. I never expected to have to do it again with a warranty. It is too heavy and difficult take down the old one, deliver it all back to the store and deliver and set up for me to do it on my own.

I still have not heard if the table is available. At this point in time I am just sick of it. Unfortunately I have other GBS warranties through Slumberland. I will look at dates and see about the rebate process. I shopped at Slumberland because I had a lovely, saleslady. If she hadn't retired I would probably have had a better experience. Never again a Slumberland purchase for me.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Robinson, your feedback is very much appreciated. After reviewing your claim, your damaged table was replaced because the damages were non-repairable. Per the terms and conditions of your Furniture Protection Plan, only affected furniture items are eligible for service, repair, or replacement, when applicable. Any unaffected furniture items will not be serviced or replaced. Your retailer confirmed that the table and chairs are not sold as a set, but separately as individual items. The authorization for the re-selection of your dining table has been completed and the store will contact you within three business days to provide you with additional information regarding your replacement.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

This company does not value their customers. Very deceiving and are scam artists. It took several days just to get my claimed filed for my dog urinating on my couch, then they tell me, "We will send someone out to "clean" your couch cushion." And if it's not resolved to call them back. No one told me they would send someone to mask the stain with chemicals and spread it out further to the rest of my cushion! It still smells like dog urine but worse. They told me I could call the store to purchase a new cushion and that the first person I spoke to shouldn't have told me they will clean the cushion. They dont get rid of the odor from the dog urine just the "stain"! Customer service reps are rude and unknowledgeable, very very dissatisfied with this so called company who "values" their customers. Then when asked to speak to manager she said none are available and she doesn't know when they will get back to me! I'm canceling my warranty!

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Martinez, your feedback is appreciated. A technician was sent out to address the urine stain on your sofa. The stain was removed, per the tech notes, which is what is covered under your protection plan. As outlined in the “Important Exclusions” section of the protection plan, “odors” are not covered which is why we suggested purchasing the cushion from the store as a way to address the odor impediment.

Your compensation is currently being processed as requested.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

When I found out that GBS will not cover any rips on your new furniture if it is on the seam, I canceled my policy. I have called every 3 weeks for the past 8 months, and still have not received my refund. They are scam artists in every way!

GBS Warranty Services response

Margee, we want to apologize for your recent experience with GBS. As outlined in our protection plan under the section marked “Important Exclusions,” …loosening of threads or splitting of seams…” are non-warranted damages. Your cancellation request has been processed for your pro-rated refund.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

By far the absolute worst company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. 1st the website claim form is a joke and never goes through so you have to call the 1877 number. After that they don't call you back... EVER!!! This horrible company declined my claim and didn't send an email, phone call, text or letter smh. I only found out because I called them. After letting the person on the phone (they do not deserve to be called customer service rep) know that is not acceptable they sent a tech out to my home who immediately said it couldn't be fixed and he recommended replacement that was 4 weeks ago. I called every week to see what is going on and each time I was told to call back in 2 days. This fraudulent company still has NEVER called me.

I talk to another customer NO service rep who starts huffing and puffing on the phone with an attitude and when I ask to speak to a manager she said there isn't one... clearly smh. Then she changes her attitude and gives excuses about she has breathing problems (whatever) then she proceeds to tell me they have to take all inbound calls before reaching out to customers and making outbound calls which for a lack of a better word is stupid. Oh did I mention I made my claim Sept 9th and it's November 11th and still not one phone call from this fraudulent company. Needless to say I will NEVER take a warranty from this fraudulent company and I am reporting them to the BBB right after I push post. They deserve negative 5 stars.

GBS Warranty Services response

Nafeesah, your feedback is appreciated. We are sorry to hear about your interaction with GBS, and after reviewing your claim in regard to the water spot and the swelling on the top of your table, we have already proceeded with issuing a full replacement. Your retailer will contact you with further details.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I bought this insurance with La Rana furniture and made a claim in July of 2018 and they never sent a technician, in October of the 2018 I called them because they had not given me answer, they sent still technician and now says I do not cover the damage because it is "accumulation". I ask if I can make the claim because my bed was scratched moving from home and tell me that that does not cover me. I think I've never felt so ripped off.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Pupo, we value your feedback. As it relates to the stains and damages on your furniture for which you contacted GBS, a technician was assigned to your claim. Per the technician’s report and photos, there was an “accumulation of burns, scratches, peeling and marker stains” as well as “broken tracks on right side facing top drawer” of the dresser. Moreover, there is also an “accumulation of peeling and scratches on the footrest of the bed”.

Your protection plan covers for various stains or damages that occur in one incident and is reported within 30 days of noticing it. Based on the technician’s report, the photos, and what your plan covers, these damages are non-warranted because they are an accumulation of multiple stains over time.

We would be more then happy to provide some options for businesses in your area that might be able to assist for an out of pocket expense.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I purchased a 5 year GBS Protection Plan for $149 upon purchasing a sofa and was told it would cover punctures, stains from suntan lotion, etc. Eighteen months later, my wife accidentally punctured the edge of the cushion upon picking up clothes on a metal hanger in which the hanger punctured the cushion causing a tear in it. Upon filing a claim, the GBS representative stated that the puncture tear was not covered as the puncture caused a seam separation which was not covered. Later I wanted to file a claim for my grandchildren causing a stain on two of the cushions from suntan lotion getting on the sofa from their legs. GBS also denied this claim as they stated it was an accumulated stain that was also excluded. If you read their warranty plan, they can basically deny any claim and you do not have any avenue of appeal. Save your money and do not bother with any GBS warranty protection plan.

GBS Warranty Services response

Robert, your feedback is appreciated. You contacted us in regard to the damages to your furniture. The pictures that we received from you show (what appear to be) watermarks and improper cleaning methods on the left facing seat cushion. According to your protection plan, seam separation and an accumulation or build up of stains or damages are excluded from coverage and deemed non-warranted.

As you requested a Release of Claims letter was mailed to your address on file. Once we receive your signed letter, we will issue you a refund for the cost of the protection plan.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I purchased a loft bunk bed with 5 year protection warranty, from Ashley Furniture. I filed a claim 5/2018. It's 10/21/18. Still haven't gotten my issue resolved! They want you to email pic versus coming out!

GBS Warranty Services response

Alisa, your feedback is important to us. After reviewing your claim, I proceeded to send you an email prompting you to send more detailed pictures of the piece in question so that we can have a better, more detailed understanding of the damages. This would help us make the best and most efficient decision.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

My dog made almost a ring around the furniture where she got bitten by fire ants. She was rubbing her face on the couch that made almost a black streak around it. I called GBS whom I have an indoor furniture protection plan with and the person I talked to was nice. I was trying to tell her that it was almost the whole thing, like every section of the couch. She was saying they don’t do the whole thing and that it sounded like an accumulation. It was not an accumulation. I had gotten anything that had happened prior to that cleaned off. I got frustrated with what they said. But they handled the service request good after it was submitted. The one that came and did the furniture was exceptional, very professional and pleasant. He came in a matter of a few days. It was fast. He worked hard to get the spots off. I would suggest others to get a warranty.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I purchased dining table furniture and 5 year furniture protection plan from Ashley in Clearwater Florida, on in 12/18/2016. I filed a claim in 09/28/2018 for a chip top right corner, while moving the table, around I touch the table on the wall and cause a little chip. I call the Ashley furniture store, and they confirm purchase the protection plan and will cover the damages. I immediately open a claim with GBS Enterprises. 2 weeks later they send me a technician. He came check the table. He could not fix the chip. A week later call the GBS warranty services. They put me on hold, saying they have computer problems. They will call me later soon the computer gets up and running.

Next day I call them again. Then came to a truth reality, about this company. They refuse to cover my claim. I pay for their services, and now they refused to honor my warranty. I'm about to file a claim with Better Business Bureau, and if necessary I will open and sue at small claims court. I paid for their services, and now they refuse to honor my warranty, not acceptable. Worse company, ever, don't waste your money, on extension warranty. They will denies the claim.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Santos. Your feedback is important us. We have taken the opportunity to review your claim. We want to apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced. After a review of the technician's report, photos and item description, we have authorized the replacement of your table. You should receive a call from your retailer within 72 business hours to coordinate the exchange.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Called GBS enterprise October 11, 2018 to file a claim for both my couch and love seat, I have a 2 year old baby and found stains on both of them couch and love seat. When I called they told me to email a receipt of the 5 year protection plan, with my confusion, aren't they suppose to have this information already with my name address and telephone number. Well I end up emailing them the receipt.

A week later I have not heard from them so I decided to call back, same questions they ask and I gave them the same answer. Then they ask me when I notice the stains on my couch and told them maybe 2 Months ago, he ask me to be put on hold and then when he got back to me he told me he could not cover the claim because it's been Months that happened. What kind of warranty is this? It's advertise Premium Protection for worry free living. But they forgot to state that you need to make a claim as soon as you see a spot. Worst company ever. WARNING!!! Do not be fooled to spending the hard earned money you have on this Premium protection plan.

GBS Warranty Services response

Bennie, your feedback is important us. After researching your claim and listening to the recordings, we have gathered the following: Our plan states that "Damage to covered Furniture must be reported within thirty (30) days of discovery." During the call, you indicated that you noticed the damages months ago. When asked to specify the date, you confirmed that the stains were noticed beyond the 30 days which, unfortunately is non-warranted.

GBS understands your concern and would be more than happy to provide information for some out-of-pocket options if you choose to proceed.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

A screw came out of the sofa bed or frame that attaches to the couch. I called GBS and it was a good experience with the rep I spoke with. It just took a few minutes. Then I got a call the next day and the people were out within two days. So in three days, I got the service. They reinforced the couch to the frame, the bed part. And they did both sides so the other side wouldn't have the problem either. It was pretty quick compared the first time I called where they told me I didn't have a claim. Then a week later, somebody called and said I had a claim, the person I talked to first was wrong, and that somebody would be calling me. A couple of weeks went by and I called them back, and I said nobody called. A week later, somebody finally called. So, it took me about a month to get anything done.

The service was needed to be done immediately and we spent a month with the couch in the condition that it was in. What happened was that a baby puked on my couch so we were smelling it for a long time. I was trying to clean it myself which made it worse. But they came out, and they did it, and it was perfect after. I was not there when they came but my older kids who were there said the people who came were helpful.

The cushions that were out were not replaced though. They said normal wear and tear was not covered. But other than that, the protection plan has been all right. I have a complete set of couch, loveseat and chair covered, and I'm glad I have them protected. I only have the couch for a month, and something happened. Anybody especially those with kids should always get the protection plan.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are pleased that your experience over the phone and the technician's visit went smoothly, Katherine. We appreciate and value your business.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We had a stain issue with the furniture and the first company that GBS sent out took a couple of weeks and didn’t do anything. So then GBS sent out a different company and that one just took two days to come out, which was perfect. However, the company only touched the six spots that were there and it was micro-managing for no reason. I'm paying money for something and they should have cleaned the whole thing. Other than that, the rep that I talked to when filing the request was good and the protection plan with GBS has been alright.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Fesharaki, our protection plans only cover the damages that are reported and is not a cleaning service. Thus, the technicians can only attend to the stains and damages on their work orders. We are extremely happy that you were otherwise pleased with our service. Thank you for all the valuable and honest comments you have addressed to us. We appreciate your patronage.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Do not ever buy this warranty program! They refused to honor my warranty when my dining room chair broke. They claimed it was a "manufacturing defect" and I should go to the manufacturer to complain - even though the original warranty expired over six months ago. They first refused to cover it sight unseen, claiming it is a "hardware problem" and that is not covered. They then looked at photos I sent in and came up with yet another excuse when they realized that I was right - it was not a hardware problem. So they came up with another excuse, but only after I waited for over two weeks for them to respond, and they never did, until I called them. Do not use them. They should not be in business.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Campion, thank you for the feedback. After the review of your claim, as a god faith gesture, we are authorizing the replacement of your table and chairs. You should receive a call within 72 hours to arrange the replacement of your table and chairs.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I purchased leather furniture from Ashley, Tucson AZ. I filed a claim in July for a tear on the sofa and stain on the loveseat. Sent in photos - never heard back. Call back and was told the loveseat was discoloration - not covered. Before they can determine if the sofa could be replace I needed to send in the receipt. Sent the receipt. Waited. No callback. I called back and was told the top of the receipt was not visible; needed to resubmit the receipt. Sent the receipt again and was told the claim was denied because from the photos it looks like the leather and cushion are missing. REALLY!! If someone took the time to come out and look at the sofa you would see it's a tear and nothing is missing. I honestly believe GBS had no intention of repairing the sofa. Customer service is horrible.

GBS Warranty Services response

We appreciate you taking the time out to inform us of your recent experience. Upon reviewing the photos that we received from you, shows a hole in the outside arm of the sofa, in which you were unsure how it happened. Although, your protection plan covers “rips, tears and punctures” from a single incident, the damage in the photos indicates material is missing or has frayed, which is not covered under your protection plan. Additionally, there discoloration on the seats of the loveseat. Discoloration is listed in the protection plan under the "Important Exclusions," therefore, the damages are non-warranted for this claim.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We had damage on one of our tables that needed to get repaired and had two claims that I wanted to enter but GBS dismissed the second one. However, it turned out that the piece of furniture that I wanted to enter a claim on was actually broken, so I had to call them back. It took them two weeks to get a tech out and it was longer than the first claim that I entered. But the tech did a good job and the experience was pretty smooth.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are pleased that your technician's visit went smoothly, Corey. We appreciate and value your business.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

The GBS Warranty Services rep told me that since I have a dog, it would urinate on the couch and since it's cloth, the stain would be covered but I have to call as soon as I can. So, I purchased a warranty from them against burns and stains. The rep I talked to when I filed a request was cool and nice. She was very accommodating in setting up a date when somebody could come out. I told her that when I unzip the cushion cover, there were no stains there. I know the dog did not do anything on my couch and she’s not allowed on it. So, I don’t know what that horrible smell is.

It wasn't long when GBS dispatched the technician. However, they didn't have anybody in-state and so I had to wait an additional week. The technician who came was fine and the smell was gone now. I asked him how to clean it and how to keep it clean going forward. He said said that he can’t tell me and that I need to call the store. GBS protection plan has definitely met my expectations. I would recommend GBS Warranty Services.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for your valuable feedback, Tonyce. We appreciate customers like you who take time to let us know who we are doing!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

The mechanism for the reclining loveseat was damaged, so it hit the ground whenever anyone sat on the chair and it didn't close or open properly. The bench with the dining room table also had a long crack in the center, which was in the actual frame of the wood. I have a GBS Warranty protection plan that covers my sofa and dining room set, so I called them for a service request. The customer service representative was great and very knowledgeable. However, they didn't have any of my information, even though it was supposed to be registered when I purchased the plan. So I had to go back to the store and get a ton of documents and email them. Somebody was supposed to follow up with me, but no one ever did. I ended up having to call back three weeks later and get the thing restarted.

Once GBS filed it, somebody was out to my house in about two days, and it was quick. The guy came and said he was going to use wood glue to fix the chair and paint over and varnish it. It really looked like he painted over the crack, so the crack is still there and the chair is still damaged. The people I spoke to were very kind and were good at their jobs, but the service itself wasn't great. Getting a GBS warranty is not worth it.

GBS Warranty Services response

We appreciate your business and the feedback of your recent experience. After looking into the account and reviewing your claim, we would ask that you please provide us with some detailed pictures of the cracks on the affected pieces so that we can further investigate the best course of action possible in accordance to the coverage of your protection plan.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We had weird spots that came up on our couch and it was fixed by GBS. My husband did not that they were very, very picky about what they were gonna do and what they weren’t gonna do. He wasn’t really happy with that. For example, when we called, they had to know exactly where the spot was and if we missed telling them a spot, they wouldn’t clean it. They’re like, “We could only clean exactly what you told us where the spot was.”

We missed two spots and they didn’t clean it. They didn’t clean the whole couch and the spots have come back. But aside from that the guys that came out were nice. We didn’t have a problem with them. Their hands were just tied so they couldn't do anything that wasn't stated in the actual claim. They didn’t go above and beyond and made the customer satisfied.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Armatrout, thank you for your business and your review. After reviewing your claim, it is important to note that our protection plans are not a cleaning service, but provide service for covered stains or damages that have been reported to GBS based on the terms and conditions of the furniture protection plan. The technicians that we assign can only provide service for the furniture that is listed on their work order. This is the reason for which we ask that all stained or damaged furniture be reported to GBS, therefore we can make the best decision possible under the guidelines of your coverage. This provides our customers with the best and most accurate service and information possible.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Poor communication, and possibly the most useless product we have ever purchased. Took 3 months for someone to come out and look at our furniture. My wife and I took days off of work just to finally be able to get our stuff looked at. But each time they would call and schedule. Never a sorry said. Finally after getting someone to finally show up we get a call 2 weeks later saying our stains were not covered because there was more than one. They didn't even offer to take care of one stain. All they offer is to provide you with their terms and conditions.

They did say they could send someone out to clean our furniture but we would have to pay for it. Honestly if I offered this company's services to my customers I would be embarrassed. So when the guy at Ashley Furniture tries to sale you a cleaning plan and says, "If you ever get any stains we will come clean them. Just buy this service plan." Do not buy it!!! It has been so frustrating dealing with GBS. Never again. We have ask for a refund and will steer way clear of GBS services in the future.

GBS Warranty Services response

Nathaniel, we value your business and thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced with us. We are currently reviewing your claim and will provide an update or contact you if more information is needed to get a full understanding of the impediments and provide accurate information.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

We bought a warranty which is serviced through GBS. We made a claim in May. It is now the end of September and we still have no resolution. We have called numerous times (18 and counting). We are always told we will receive a call back. We have only had 1 return call the entire process so far and they called our secondary phone number (of course). They have dispatched a tech after about a month. The guy came out and said he was not certified in this brand of chair. He took pictures, recorded some video and said he would note that we need a specific tech certified in this manufacturer. A couple months later after a lot of back and forth they told us they ordered 3 parts. Only 1 ever came in. It’s the control board for the user. I’m not a professional but I’m certain this piece will not fix the problems.

They sent out a second tech who told us the same as the first. He’s not certified. After calling back we asked why they keep sending out someone who can’t fix the chair. We also discussed the lack of parts sent out. They again told us the manager is now involved and we will receive a call back as our claim is a top priority. The latest we would receive a call is in a few days. It’s now been a week and no return call. We aren’t unreasonable. We want this extremely expensive chair purchased with an expensive warranty to be fixed so we can use it, replaced with the same model or give us a credit to the store for the value so we can get something else. We are entering month 6 of this process. Which in my opinion is unacceptable.

I will say the people who take the initial calls are all professional (except for the couple of them that hung up on us after placing us on hold for over 30 minutes) but most of the interactions have been pleasant. We know it’s not the lady’s fault that answer the phones that the company won’t live up to the plan we purchased. And we try our best not to let our frustrations be taken out on the call center people receiving the calls. They seem to express concerns but never seem to get anywhere. We now have the managers phone number and we try to call him directly but it’s nearly impossible to get him on the line. I’m sure that’s by design.

It puts us in a tough position. Based on the experience I wouldn’t ever want to purchase another warrant backed by GBS. But if we didn’t have it we would be in an even worse position. If I could give them zero stars I would. It feels like they want to make this an impossible task so we may give up and just take the loss. But we aren’t the type of people to just quit. We paid for the insurance on it and we want what we paid for.

GBS Warranty Services response

We are extremely sorry to hear about this and even more sorry to disappoint a customer. We want to sincerely apologize for your negative experience.

In order to review your claim and assist you with a resolution we will need your claim number or invoice number. Please reply with this information and we will be happy to help.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I filed a request with GBS because I had some issues with my furniture and I was disappointed. I had to jump through hoops just to get something done. The brochure and the salesperson said A, B and C are covered when it's only A and B, which I find very disheartening and discouraging. It says specifically in the warranty that electrical components are covered yet a USB plug is not considered and I don't understand that because I plug a USB and it transfers electricity from the plug into the device that I'm charging. That's electrical, by every shade of the definition.

It's also dishearting that I call for somebody to come out and fix something and they ask me if I have the parts. By the time I had taken pictures and sent everything to them, it took them a week and a half for the tech to come in and because I didn't have the parts, all they did was take pictures and leave which is asinine ridiculous. GBS needs to tighten it up. I'm very dissatisfied and people need to know about it 'cause it sucks. GBS needs to tighten it up.

GBS Warranty Services response

Jim, would like to thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent claim. Your Furniture Protection Plan covers at the expiration of the original manufacturer's or store's warranty, failure of motors and associated components. This refers to the wires and cables connected to the functionality of the reclining mechanism. If it does not work to provide control or power to the reclining capabilities, then it is not covered. USB ports that are used for accessories do not fall under the covered portions because it is used to power outside devices.

We apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced and have reached out to your retailer. Since it has been less than a year from the date of purchase, you may be covered for this damage under your manufacturer's warranty. The Customer Care Department can be contacted at 866-436-3388.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I got a GBS Warranty for an indoor furniture. We had an accident on my couch and I called on a Friday. They called to confirm a time on Monday, and they were here by Wednesday. I would've hoped they would've come a little sooner because it was urine on my couch but I understand. I wasn't angry that they took five days. Everything went pretty well.

GBS Warranty Services response

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

The sofa was super dirty and I couldn’t clean it. It took a while for GBS Warranty to find me as a customer and couldn't find my contract but once they figured out the warranty, everything was perfect. The tech came out and he was friendly. He did everything and the sofa looks brand new now.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thanks for your feedback, Jessica. We work hard to meet expectations like yours and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I got a protection plan with GBS Warranty that covers any kind of damage. I got chocolate on the sofa and I called the number that Ashley Furniture gave us and gave them some information. They put in a work request order and somebody called me to schedule an appointment a couple of days later. Then, they sent a technician out to do the service but then, when he looked at the fabric on the couch, he said that it was too delicate and it needed to be dry cleaned or the cushion cover needed to be replaced because that was covered as well under our warranty.

If I couldn’t clean it, then they’d replace it, but he said that I was not supposed to get it that wet. He didn’t have any dry clean stuff and he said he was gonna report back that he was unable to clean it. He was gonna let the company know and they were gonna call us back, but they haven’t called us back yet. Nonetheless, I tell people to get GBS Warranty. We have a headboard on the bed and the technicians came out and cleaned that. GBS is efficient in getting people out in a timely manner. If you want to keep your furniture nice for a long time and you pay a lot of money for it, GBS Warranty is definitely worth it.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review, Alana. We appreciate and value your business.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I filed a request with GBS because the kitchen table had a heat mark on it and for the most part, it was good. But when they sent out the tech to repair the damages, the tech wasn't able to repair the damages. They told me that they were replacing it, but I haven't heard anything in three weeks.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ernest, we are currently reviewing your claim and someone will be reaching out to you with an update. We appreciate your patience and look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I initiated my claim online at the end of August. I received a call on September 4 and additional information was requested. I emailed invoices and additional photos as requested on the same evening. Did not hear anything for the next several weeks so I called and they verified that they did receive my emails and I will get a call regarding the outcome. Waited another week and finally I just called. My claim was processed over the phone. Of course denied! I was asked a question and I answered it honestly regarding a tear in my leather loveseat. I said it was not at the inseam however the customer service rep said it was at the inseam. (Although the cushion is clearly bulging from the center of cushion.) Everything was said and done in a way as if I was being untruthful and in a way to avoid approving the claim. Never will I pay for warranty service from GBS!!!

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for having taken your time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I'm sorry to hear about any frustration you may have experienced. We look forward to using your comments to improve our service.

GBS Warranty Services expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GBS provides mattress and furniture protection services to over 200 mattress and furniture retailers across the United States. The company also manufactures sleep products under the brand names of Healthy Sleep Cool-Tech and Healthy Sleep Ultra-Tech, which include temperature regulating blankets, pillows, sheets and mattress protectors. GBS offers three levels of furniture protection plans: premium, premium with power, and premium with power, mechanisms and frames.

• Accidents only furniture protection plan: This plan protects furniture from accidents such as spills, grass, mud, rips and heat marks. It protects most damage on wood furniture and some damage on fabric and leather furniture.

• Plus power furniture protection plan: This plan includes all the benefits of the accidents only furniture protection plan, along with protection against motor and mechanical failure.

• Plus power, mechanisms & frames protection plan: This is the highest tiered plan and covers everything the other plans cover along with frame and mechanism breakdowns.

• Additional programs: GBS also provides protection for outdoor furniture, area rugs and adjustable bases.

• Dispatch and claims process: When customers purchase furniture protection from GBS, they’re guaranteed friendly and quick dispatch licensed and insured technicians to fix or repair the problem. If the problem cannot be fixed, GBS will replace the damaged item.

• Best for: furniture retailers and families

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs