2.37/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GBS Enterprises provides warranty services for mattresses and home furniture through many of the Top 200 bedding and furniture retailers across the US. GBS focuses on exceeding customer expectations and prides itself on being a great company to work for.

GBS Warranty Services Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I had a previous experience buying a warranty and they gave me so much hassle when I called and get a stain removed. There were so many questions about what it was and they were giving me a hard time about it. It took a month for the repair people to come out and when they did, they would only treat this one couch cushion and wouldn't touch the rest of it. It was so frustrating. I spent hundreds of dollars on a warranty and I felt it was not worth it at all. But I had the exact opposite experience with GBS Warranty.

I had multiple different stains on the sofa and I wanted to get them treated. When I spoke to the reps, they said that someone would call me. The repair guy called me back within 24 hours and then scheduled a visit within 24 hours from that. When he came, he did a great job. He took care of all the spots that I showed him. He was quick and polite. The whole process went smoothly and efficiently. All in all, GBS is a great warranty. The company is great to work with so my experience has been very positive.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Meyers, we are sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience previously, even if it wasn’t with us. We are happy, however, to hear that we were able to provide you with the opposite during your recent encounter with GBS. The fact that we were able to pivot your expectations toward the positive is an amazing feeling. Thank you for being our customer and we look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I live alone and I was getting ready to have a second cataract surgery in just four days. I had one a week before, and when I had those surgeries, I have to sleep in the chair. I can't sleep in the bed. And the chair wouldn't move at all. It was like dead in the water. I talked first with the factory for the recliner chair then I talked to Jordan's who then told me to call GBS Warranty Services first and so I did. Then Jordan's sent their person to fix the chair.

When I called GBS, the lady I spoke with was very professional. She got all the information down. I explained to her exactly what the chair was doing. I told her about what the technical people had said at the factory. And then, as we were hanging up, she said, "Okay, a technician will be in touch with you." She said it would be six or eight working days, and this was like a Thursday. And I was demoralized because someone will be in touch with me to schedule a visit. So considerably, it could have taken two weeks before somebody came out.

I started to cry, and I don't do that very often, but I was feeling overwhelmed. And she said, "Well, I'll put a note on here that if anybody can speed it up, will they please do it." And so, that was where we left it. But I like the idea of them being able to review request from people like me on a case-by-case basis. In normal times, I would not be in a panic mode. I could wait two weeks for a technician to call me to set up an appointment or I should say six or eight days to set up an appointment two weeks from when I called. But I was really under the gun with that one. And subsequently, it turned out that I had complications with this second surgery, and I would be really in bad shape if I didn't have this chair operating like it is now.

I was in charge of engineering and maintenance for big corporations and then, my last job was with a major hospital in Boston in that same kind of job. And I think when I was scared, I would have appreciated the person reaching out before I burst into tears to say, "Let me see if there's anything I can do to expedite it," rather than getting the standard answer of six to eight working days. She also did have a very accent. She was a little bit difficult to understand, but I've traveled a lot and I just couldn't figure out where she was from. And I finally just decided I'm gonna listen to her carefully, and I did, and it was fine.

Still, I was a lucky duck this time because I'm sure that the piece that was replaced was a big ticket item considering the cost of the chair. The chair, as I recall, was maybe around 2,000. It could have even been more. And the issue was what we call an adapter. It's like the black box on the floor and it wasn't like some of the wire needed to be connected. It was a fairly substantial piece of equipment that makes this chair run. And it's running beautifully now.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for the awesome review, Marcia! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, especially with the circumstances surrounding the time frame in which you reached out to us for assistance with your chair. We’re happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and hope that everything continues to go well for you moving forward.

We look forward to being able to assist you should you need us in the future.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I bought a GBS warranty protection for a recliner. The chair was still under extended warranty, and it stopped working. The chair has needed that warranty three different times since we’ve purchased it. So, we’ve only had that chair for five years and we’ve had to call for service three times. That’s a little disappointing.

The power wasn’t getting to it and it wouldn’t recline. So, I called for a service request. We had a situation because my mother had a broken hip. The recliner was going to be very useful for her, and it broke just as she came home from the nursing home.

The service warranty went fairly well, although it was a little confusing. You start out calling Jordan’s, and then they tell you to call someone else. Then they send you back to Jordan’s, and then you wait for somebody to call you to set up the appointment. It seems a little bit drawn out. It took about a week to dispatch a service technician. They moved it up and made it more timely, but we still waited a week for it. We also got some special service because we explained the situation. They were able to fix the chair, and we didn’t pay anything even though we were one month short of the five-year expiration on the warranty. The rep was very good, polite and personable. He got down to business, put down a drop cloth to protect the carpet, and fixed everything promptly. He was the serviceman you wanted. He was great.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thanks for the awesome review, Debrah! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

My dog got sick on the area rug in a couple different places and the customer service of GBS warranty was pleasant and effective. They dispatched someone after four days and from there it took about a week and a half for the work to be completed. The rug is in the main traffic area, so we’ve had at least 10 claims in two years. GBS has definitely been worth it for us and has paid for itself.

But if I could ask for anything, I hope they could clean the entire rug rather than just a spot cleaner. The first year of service that we had your service, someone came out with a Bissell Spotbot, which was kind of a joke because we needed somebody to come with a professional cleaning system. That one was unsatisfactory. They now bring a professional grade carpet cleaner. But I wish they could do the whole rug rather than just one spot because then that one spot is lighter than the rest of the rug. We had multiple spots because it was a dog urine and the technician kinda argued with me a little bit and then called GBS. It was all about timing and being billed for time. It was gonna take him an extra 5 to 10 minutes to clean the rug and give me the big deal about it. Ultimately GBS approved the extra time. But it would be lovely if we didn’t have to mess with that.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Wulf, we appreciate your feedback and are glad that we were able to effectively assist you with repairing the stains to your area rug. Though cleaning the entire rug is a good suggestion, your protection plan covers accidental instances and is different from a cleaning service which provides overall cleanings. As outlined, your protection plan “…does not eliminate the need for routine care and maintenance of your furniture…” We strongly suggest periodic cleanings on your end in order to maintain the integrity and longevity of your area rug.

We greatly appreciate your input and are more than happy to assist you should you need further assistance.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

A screw came out of the sofa bed or frame that attaches to the couch. I called GBS and it was a good experience with the rep I spoke with. It just took a few minutes. Then I got a call the next day and the people were out within two days. So in three days, I got the service. They reinforced the couch to the frame, the bed part. And they did both sides so the other side wouldn't have the problem either. It was pretty quick compared the first time I called where they told me I didn't have a claim. Then a week later, somebody called and said I had a claim, the person I talked to first was wrong, and that somebody would be calling me. A couple of weeks went by and I called them back, and I said nobody called. A week later, somebody finally called. So, it took me about a month to get anything done.

The service was needed to be done immediately and we spent a month with the couch in the condition that it was in. What happened was that a baby puked on my couch so we were smelling it for a long time. I was trying to clean it myself which made it worse. But they came out, and they did it, and it was perfect after. I was not there when they came but my older kids who were there said the people who came were helpful.

The cushions that were out were not replaced though. They said normal wear and tear was not covered. But other than that, the protection plan has been all right. I have a complete set of couch, loveseat and chair covered, and I'm glad I have them protected. I only have the couch for a month, and something happened. Anybody especially those with kids should always get the protection plan.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are pleased that your experience over the phone and the technician's visit went smoothly, Katherine. We appreciate and value your business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

GBS is a joke. I have 4 dogs that urinated on my area rugs. I called in to report the stains. I specifically told them to make sure they send out a true carpet cleaning company as they are large area rugs. They sent a furniture cleaning company that walked in with a Little green Machine made by Bissell that is a handheld machine for extremely small spot removal.. You can buy this machine at your local Lowe’s or Home Depot. The tech was at my home for less than 2 min. He didn’t even bend down near the carpets, he stated he doesn’t clean carpets and snapped a few pictures of my rolled up area rugs and left.

I called GBS as soon as the Tech left to request another company come out ASAP to get these carpets cleaned. Their response was “We have to wait for the Technician's report before we can schedule another company, it could take anywhere from 72 hrs to 3 weeks depending on the technician”. Are you kidding me, worst customer service ever! I wait till the following Monday (5 days later) and call again. Note.. I’m on the phone for 46 minutes this time with a rep that keeps putting me on hold to converse with others regarding my claim.

At the end of the call, she states "I’m sorry, but the tech's pictures show multiple stains which means it’s a build up of stains and you didn’t call in with each stain so we can’t help you”. Ummm, I did call in and stated there were multiple stains to report, I have 4 dogs. Once 1 pees, they all pee to make their mark. It took you 2 weeks to even get a tech out to my house to clean the carpets, and you send a tech that doesn’t even clean carpets. So you can imagine what the stains look like after 2 weeks of sitting on the carpet, of course it looks like there's a build up, because the stains have now been on the carpets for 2 weeks!!

I’m sorry, but no one can look at a rug with urine stains and tell me that one stain happened 5 days ago, one stain happened 3 days ago and the rest are from a year ago! That is complete boloney! I called in multiple stains on the same day as I found them, and GBS couldn’t get a tech out for 2 wks. GBS is a joke and does NOT stand by their warranty. At the end of my call I demanded to talk to a manager and The Rep states "All Managers in the escalation Dept are on calls, someone will get back to you in 24-48 hrs”.

She stated, "I can give you some numbers to local carpet cleaning companies in your area that you could call, as you will have to take care of this damage yourself, it’s not covered because it’s built up." I’m seriously fuming. I wish I could upload a picture on this review, because the only stains showing are the ones on the padding. The carpet has multiple colors and you can’t see the stains, you can definitely smell them though! Don’t be fooled into buying a warranty from this company! It’s a farce!!

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Chowns, thank you for your review. You contacted us to report stains on two area rugs resulting from pet urine. We sent a technician to address the stains that you reported. The technician stated that he inspected 4 area rugs, none of which had any visible stains on top of the rugs. Your protection plan covers spot cleanings and not overall cleanings of the entire rug. The technicians that we assign address the items and areas that we instruct them to address based on your claim details.

We would be more than happy to provide you with some out of pocket options in your area should you choose to pursue the overall cleaning of all 4 large area rugs. thank you for being our customer.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Purchased a sofa and loveseat from Ashley Furiture along with their warranty. After about a year the leather started cracking and peeling off the furniture. I filed a claim and was told “cracking and peeling” was not covered and not a defect. A few years later we had a incident where a child got mad and thought it would be funny to poke holes on one side of our sofa (not even our child). I filed a claim for the holes and rips and was told that it wasn’t covered because in the pictures I sent the material shows “stress wear” where rips could occur and mentioned the claim I had previously filed. I explained that wasn’t the reason why I filed the claim...

I understood that yes we’ve have the furniture for several years and it has some wear on it but I filed the claim because of the incident that happened to it. The rep very quickly told me that he could not have the claim reviewed again because once a decision was made it was final. I continued to tell him I wanted it reviewed for the CORRECT REASON in which he finally said he would “expedite” and someone should be contacting me within 48-72 hrs. I have a feeling that I won’t be contacted and I will be the one contacting them. So far this warranty sounds to me like a scam and a waste of money!!!!

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Hedrick thank you for your review. You contacted us initially to report cracking and peeling on your loveseat and sofa. Recently, you contacted us to report the punctures. Since the previous damages were not addressed and brought back to factory standards, as your protection plan requires, we were unable to move forward with processing the second claim.

Should you need assistance locating a technician in your area for the repairs at an out of pocket cost, we would be more than happy to provide you with some options should you need it.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I purchased my couch from Furnish 123 in February of 2019 along with their protection plan. They gave me the run around for over a botch before claiming they would not honor the warranty I bought. They claim that the stains were over 30 days old. I wasn’t aware they were living with me and knew how old the stains were. The brochure I received said they cover all stains. I filed multiple claims and none were ever answered. The lady I spoke with refused to let me speak to a supervisor. I would not recommend them.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Shumway, thank you for your review. You contacted us to report damages to your chaise and armless loveseat. After filing your claim, we scheduled for a technician to go out, assess, and repair the warranted stains which we later cancelled upon the receipt of the photos you sent in. The photos displayed numerous stains of different colors and sizes on the seat casings consistent with stains that occurred over time. According to your protection plan, such an accumulation of stains is non-warranted.

Should you choose to pursue the cleaning of the stains, we would be more than happy to provide you with some out of pocket options for technicians in your area.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I paid about 6000 dollars for a living room set, which Rooms and Rest said was a very durable set with very durable materials. Well right away we had issues with the craftsmanship, they sent out a technician and fixed the issues. After a while, we had some scratches and stuff broke off. We tried filing a claim and of course they found some excuse not to honor it and now it's accumulated to multiple things. I believe they're trying to drag it out till my policy expires. This is BS.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Garcia thank you for your review. You contacted us to file a claim on your sofa and loveseat for seam separation, malfunctioning USB ports, and loss of resiliency. You were informed that those damages are non-warranted and offered out of pocket options. You then contacted us about the tears, scratches and electrical issues on those same pieces this year. When asked how the damages occurred, you stated that it was from a dog. Pet damages are non-warranted under your protection plan which is why we were unable to proceed with your claim.

Should you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. We would be more than happy to assist you.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Fraud and scammers, Ashley sells these, it has been 2 yrs since I have been filing claims for the repair of my dining table and chairs which got scuffed and dented while moving it from one room to other. They keep telling lies, but no one shows up for warranty, complete scam. No intent whatsoever to do any work.

GBS Warranty Services expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GBS provides mattress and furniture protection services to over 200 mattress and furniture retailers across the United States. The company also manufactures sleep products under the brand names of Healthy Sleep Cool-Tech and Healthy Sleep Ultra-Tech, which include temperature regulating blankets, pillows, sheets and mattress protectors. GBS offers three levels of furniture protection plans: premium, premium with power, and premium with power, mechanisms and frames.

• Accidents only furniture protection plan: This plan protects furniture from accidents such as spills, grass, mud, rips and heat marks. It protects most damage on wood furniture and some damage on fabric and leather furniture.

• Plus power furniture protection plan: This plan includes all the benefits of the accidents only furniture protection plan, along with protection against motor and mechanical failure.

• Plus power, mechanisms & frames protection plan: This is the highest tiered plan and covers everything the other plans cover along with frame and mechanism breakdowns.

• Additional programs: GBS also provides protection for outdoor furniture, area rugs and adjustable bases.

• Dispatch and claims process: When customers purchase furniture protection from GBS, they’re guaranteed friendly and quick dispatch licensed and insured technicians to fix or repair the problem. If the problem cannot be fixed, GBS will replace the damaged item.

• Best for: furniture retailers and families

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs