It's that easy Request Information
2.48/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GBS Enterprises provides warranty services for mattresses and home furniture through many of the Top 200 bedding and furniture retailers across the US. GBS focuses on exceeding customer expectations and prides itself on being a great company to work for.

171 GBS Warranty Services Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: May 11, 2019

I live alone and I was getting ready to have a second cataract surgery in just four days. I had one a week before, and when I had those surgeries, I have to sleep in the chair. I can't sleep in the bed. And the chair wouldn't move at all. It was like dead in the water. I talked first with the factory for the recliner chair then I talked to Jordan's who then told me to call GBS Warranty Services first and so I did. Then Jordan's sent their person to fix the chair.

When I called GBS, the lady I spoke with was very professional. She got all the information down. I explained to her exactly what the chair was doing. I told her about what the technical people had said at the factory. And then, as we were hanging up, she said, "Okay, a technician will be in touch with you." She said it would be six or eight working days, and this was like a Thursday. And I was demoralized because someone will be in touch with me to schedule a visit. So considerably, it could have taken two weeks before somebody came out.

I started to cry, and I don't do that very often, but I was feeling overwhelmed. And she said, "Well, I'll put a note on here that if anybody can speed it up, will they please do it." And so, that was where we left it. But I like the idea of them being able to review request from people like me on a case-by-case basis. In normal times, I would not be in a panic mode. I could wait two weeks for a technician to call me to set up an appointment or I should say six or eight days to set up an appointment two weeks from when I called. But I was really under the gun with that one. And subsequently, it turned out that I had complications with this second surgery, and I would be really in bad shape if I didn't have this chair operating like it is now.

I was in charge of engineering and maintenance for big corporations and then, my last job was with a major hospital in Boston in that same kind of job. And I think when I was scared, I would have appreciated the person reaching out before I burst into tears to say, "Let me see if there's anything I can do to expedite it," rather than getting the standard answer of six to eight working days. She also did have a very accent. She was a little bit difficult to understand, but I've traveled a lot and I just couldn't figure out where she was from. And I finally just decided I'm gonna listen to her carefully, and I did, and it was fine.

Still, I was a lucky duck this time because I'm sure that the piece that was replaced was a big ticket item considering the cost of the chair. The chair, as I recall, was maybe around 2,000. It could have even been more. And the issue was what we call an adapter. It's like the black box on the floor and it wasn't like some of the wire needed to be connected. It was a fairly substantial piece of equipment that makes this chair run. And it's running beautifully now.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for the awesome review, Marcia! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, especially with the circumstances surrounding the time frame in which you reached out to us for assistance with your chair. We’re happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and hope that everything continues to go well for you moving forward.

We look forward to being able to assist you should you need us in the future.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I bought a GBS warranty protection for a recliner. The chair was still under extended warranty, and it stopped working. The chair has needed that warranty three different times since we’ve purchased it. So, we’ve only had that chair for five years and we’ve had to call for service three times. That’s a little disappointing.

The power wasn’t getting to it and it wouldn’t recline. So, I called for a service request. We had a situation because my mother had a broken hip. The recliner was going to be very useful for her, and it broke just as she came home from the nursing home.

The service warranty went fairly well, although it was a little confusing. You start out calling Jordan’s, and then they tell you to call someone else. Then they send you back to Jordan’s, and then you wait for somebody to call you to set up the appointment. It seems a little bit drawn out. It took about a week to dispatch a service technician. They moved it up and made it more timely, but we still waited a week for it. We also got some special service because we explained the situation. They were able to fix the chair, and we didn’t pay anything even though we were one month short of the five-year expiration on the warranty. The rep was very good, polite and personable. He got down to business, put down a drop cloth to protect the carpet, and fixed everything promptly. He was the serviceman you wanted. He was great.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thanks for the awesome review, Debrah! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

A screw came out of the sofa bed or frame that attaches to the couch. I called GBS and it was a good experience with the rep I spoke with. It just took a few minutes. Then I got a call the next day and the people were out within two days. So in three days, I got the service. They reinforced the couch to the frame, the bed part. And they did both sides so the other side wouldn't have the problem either. It was pretty quick compared the first time I called where they told me I didn't have a claim. Then a week later, somebody called and said I had a claim, the person I talked to first was wrong, and that somebody would be calling me. A couple of weeks went by and I called them back, and I said nobody called. A week later, somebody finally called. So, it took me about a month to get anything done.

The service was needed to be done immediately and we spent a month with the couch in the condition that it was in. What happened was that a baby puked on my couch so we were smelling it for a long time. I was trying to clean it myself which made it worse. But they came out, and they did it, and it was perfect after. I was not there when they came but my older kids who were there said the people who came were helpful.

The cushions that were out were not replaced though. They said normal wear and tear was not covered. But other than that, the protection plan has been all right. I have a complete set of couch, loveseat and chair covered, and I'm glad I have them protected. I only have the couch for a month, and something happened. Anybody especially those with kids should always get the protection plan.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are pleased that your experience over the phone and the technician's visit went smoothly, Katherine. We appreciate and value your business.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I got the GBS Warranty protection plan for my indoor sofa. When there was a stain on the sofa, I submitted a claim with them and had a great experience with their rep. She processed the claim then had that scheduled for a cleaning within a few days. In about three or four days. the cleaning company came out. But I called a few days later to let GBS know that I was really disappointed with the technicians that were sent out. They were at my home for five minutes or less and they both were kind of gruff. They were polite but they were not that well-dressed and smelled of alcohol. So, I was mildly uncomfortable having them in my home because of the alcohol smell on their breath.

Other than that, the techs were pretty quick. They washed the entire furniture, took a picture, and said it was resolved. But as soon as it dried within a couple of hours, the stain was still there. So, I called GBS the next day and they were very helpful in following up. I sent some photos along to show them that the stain was still there and they sent me a replacement fabric cushion for my couch. So, I had no problems with GBS at all.

Having the warranty gives me a nice peace of mind and it was worth my value that I purchased from Jordan's Furniture. I have three little kids and it's comforting knowing that if I have a big stain, I can have it taken care of. In fact, I had them come out a few months ago for another stain on the couch and they had to send the technician twice. The first time didn't resolve the stain, but the second time, it did. So, everything's good.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We take pride in giving outstanding service to every customer and overjoyed to receive your compliment and appreciation.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I got the accidental damage protection plan of GBS Warranty Services for my couch from the furniture store because we have a family and my daughters were gonna spill some milk or jump on the couch. One time, the wood at the bottom of the couch broke. I called GBS to schedule someone to come out and fix it, and I didn't wait long for somebody to answer the phone. Once the reps answered, they got all the information that was needed. Then, within the next two days, the technician called me and let me know when he was coming out. The service went well and he did a good job in fixing the couch. We still hear a crack in the couch but other than that, it's working fine so far.

But my main concern with the technician was that when he came, he entered as soon as my daughter opened the door for him and, without saying a word, he roamed around the house like it was his own house. He also opened the door of the bedroom where my wife was. At that moment, my wife didn’t know who that guy was and I wasn’t home to assess the situation. Nevertheless, our GBS warranty is worth having because throughout the years that we have our furniture, something could happen to it, like getting a spill or a part of it breaking.

GBS Warranty Services response

We strive to provide our customers with excellent care and we take your comments to heart. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused during the claim process. We appreciate your confidence and trust in us. Thank you for the valuable feedback and for your continued business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?

Original review: June 14, 2019

I recently purchased two GBS 10 year protection plans from Ashley Furniture document dated 05/09/19 to cover two EASE 2.0 power bases. I never received my copy of coverage (policy/plan description). I have emailed, called, written with no success. GBS seems to be ignoring me. I am considering asking for a refund because I do not know if I have a plan or not. I paid $199.99 each for two plans and I have zip, zero, nada to show for it. I cannot understand why GBS ignores every attempt I make to get a copy of my power protection plan.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Pendergast, we appreciate your review, and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in pursuit of the warranty documents pertaining to your recent purchase. Immediately after reaching out to our online team, the paperwork that you requested was sent to the email address that we have on file and a physical copy has been printed and will be mailed to you first thing next week.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I had a love seat that had some spills from formula milk. Filing a claim to GBS for it was fast. They techs came in two days and did good work. At first, I thought they would clean both my couches but then there had to be a spill on them for them to be able to do that. Still, I had a good experience with GBS.

Original review: June 11, 2019

We had a stain issue on our sofa and we filed the claim online with GBS. But once it was submitted, there was no direction given on when the claim would be addressed, what the claim number was, and when we could expect to hear back. So, we decided to call a number. And when we did, we gave the same information that was on our online claim. So, we concluded that they didn't see the initial claim we submitted on their end or maybe it wasn't processed in time. But they came and took care of the problem. They cleaned up the stain perfectly and it was pretty quick. They also gave us instructions on what to do afterwards. So, I'm fairly satisfied with the warranty and I would advise others to get it, especially if they have pets.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I purchased a 5 year warranty for my wooden table. I called to file a claim. There were 3 different marks on the table top. Marks covered under the warranty. They had me send photos and then denied the claim using the vague reason of “accumulation”... because all the marks are on the table top. She said if the marks were on different parts of the table, like on different legs and the top, then it would be covered under warranty... which makes absolutely no sense. This “accumulation” is not explained or outlined in any of the warranty paperwork. It’s clearly something they use to arbitrarily deny claims. I am extremely disappointed in the horrible business practices of this company. Shame on them for scamming customers by making up ridiculous vague reasons to deny claims.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Carter, your review is appreciated, and we want to apologize for any inconvenience that you might have experienced during your interaction with us. We filed a claim for the nail polish, food oil, scratches, some marker and chipping along the tabletop based on the information that was provided. After looking at the photos received, the damages depict an accumulation of numerous types spread out across the tabletop. Your protection plan covers for an abundance of damages of which accumulation is excluded. The protection plan describes accumulation as “…damage that cannot be attributed to a single occurrence" and reported within 30 days of notice.

We would be more than happy to provide you with some out of pocket options to repair the damages on the tabletop should that be something you choose to pursue it. for any additional questions or clarification regarding your protection plan, feel free to contact us during normal business hours.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Contract breach by warranty claim denial under the warranty terms agreement. Purchased their 5 Year Protection Plan, at Ashley for $4,200.00 coverage. Recently wanted to file a claim for one of the end tables that were purchased. After I noticed finished veneer top surface cracking, bubbling and peeling and lifting off, so called and explained. However they bluntly denied the claim right away, saying, "the wood frame is not covered" without even bothering to ask for the details or pictures. I clearly had top finish/veneer damage, for which the warranty terms clearly stated under "covered" damage - "Checking, Cracking, Bubbling and Peeling of the Finish or Lifting of Veneers". Even after speaking to supervisor didn't help. They just try to evade/dodge claims at any cost.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Abdukhalikov, We were able to review the details of your claim and apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced in the process of filing your claim with us. During the initial call, your verbal description of the damages was "swelling, bulging, and cracking of the wood” which are non-warranted under your protect plan. But after further investigating, and review of the photos, the crack only affects the bubbling portion of the veneer and not the wood underneath. Being that racking and bubbling is covered, a full replacement order has been sent to the store in order to resolve the damages to your table and they will contact you shortly.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I called GBS to have the rug cleaned. I also had them when the table had a scratch that needed fixed. We had to wait for a week to have the technician come out. The couch had a burn that they fixed, but we had to wait for the part to come in, so it was a little longer on that. We have an ongoing claim right now. We've been waiting on the part for a couple of months. But they said since the part is on backorder, they're just gonna give us a whole new table. Overall, GBS was good. They handled everything, and their reps over the phone were professional.

Original review: June 9, 2019

My husband submitted a claim over to GBS when the material of the couch cushion was falling apart. It took about a week for the technician to come out. There were no issues getting it scheduled. Having the warranty was worth it.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I have a sectional that was stuck in the upright position. I called GBS and the customer service was fine. I had to wait for somebody to call me back and the techs were dispatched in a week. The techs were wonderful and friendly. They fixed the problem and explained that whoever brought the furniture here didn’t unwrap all the cords, which was what the issue was. I would recommend anybody getting a warranty.

Original review: June 7, 2019

My grandson scratched my table with his bike, and the guy from GBS came out and he did a nice job. He fixed it like it was brand new. When I sent in the request, GBS was contacting me and they called me about a day later when the guy was coming out. I’m satisfied with turnaround. I've used GBS twice and it has met my expectations.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 6, 2019

We purchased coverage on a new sectional sofa because it is light colored and we have small children. According to the warranty, if the technician cannot get a stain out, the piece will be replaced. Well, not so much. Our 1 year old wrote on our sofa with a marker and my wife called in a claim. The technician came out to attempt to clean that spot as well as another spot we reported. He told us he’d report this to GBS and then they’d have to set up either having new upholstery put on or just replace the pieces. He told us to follow up with GBS, which my wife did. However, when she spoke to the customer service rep she was told the claim was denied because the technician stated the stain must be “accumulation.” He never once said anything to us along these lines. In fact, he sounded quite the opposite and that the pieces should be replaced.

My wife followed up again about the claim and was told this time that they agreed with her, that the marker spots was not accumulation, and that they would check if the pieces are available. The representative went so far as to tell my wife “I’ll be with you every step of the way.” Well, after 3 weeks of no calls or notification, my wife followed up again only to be told there was no record of her conversation with any rep or supervisor about replacing the pieces.

I called them again today to follow up. They’re denying the claim saying that a marker stain is accumulation? How is a marker stain accumulation? I find that this company is happy to take your money and then only provide the minimum coverage... sending a technician to try to clean it. When I asked to talk with a supervisor I was told he was going into a meeting and that he would call me back, but would only tell me the same thing the rep had already told me. I highly doubt I’ll even get the courtesy of a call back.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Beam, we appreciate your review. A claim was filed for the milk, dry erase marker, and the ink stains to your recliner. A technician was sent out in an attempt to clean the reported stains. According to his tech report, he "...removed 80%" of the stains and was unable to remove the rest. In his professional opinion, " these stains are the result of accumulation... This amount of stains (resulted from) a build up over time." According to your protection plan, accumulation is non-warranted and is the reason we were unable to proceed further with the claim.

We would be glad to provide you with the contact information to some of the technicians in your area should you choose to pursue the repairs of the seat cushions.

Original review: May 30, 2019

We spilled some nail polish remover on our table and it took off the paint. I called GBS to file a service request and the customer service representative was good, concise, and scheduled it pretty quick. It took about a week to get a contractor and the tech they sent was a fantastic and great guy. He sanded it and painted it back to its original color. GBS did a good job and it was worth it.

Original review: May 28, 2019

We have had our furniture for 2 years and a seam came undone (it didn't tear or rip) and we needed it fixed. I called to see if it was covered because we go the "protect all" coverage. Now you would think something as simple as that would be covered but after 30 minutes on the phone and the agent reading the entire brochure they denied my coverage. Now I know the brochure says they cover "punctures and rips (excluding seams)" BUT my issue is not a tear or puncture... it has simply come undone. What is the purpose of a protect all warranty that won't cover something as simple as this? We have spent $300 on this warranty and I have a feeling it is a waste of money. Very dissatisfied and disappointed.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Andrews, we appreciate your feedback. We filed your claim for the seam separation on the sofa based on the information that you provided. It was stated that the seam came undone on the inside back of your sofa, also known as seam separation. Under the important exclusions portion of your protection plan it states: “…Failure or loosening of threads or splitting of seams…” is non-warranted.

We would be more than happy to offer some out of pocket technician options in your area should you choose to pursue the repair of the seam.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I do not recommend this service to anyone with children. I paid good money for my couches and the extended warranty. I have little children and did not both to call in a claim for stains or small rips in the furniture. I called in my claim when I had moved the couch and the plug for the electric recliner ripped out of the motor. They offered to send out a technician to fix the damage but apparently due to their being rips and other minor damages he could not repair it. The technician told me he would send the photos to GBS and they would get back to me.

When I called the representative placed me on an extremely long hold while she spoke to her supervisor who told her to deny my claim. When I asked why, it was due to the fact that there were multiple damages and it appeared to be over a long period of time. I then asked her if I was supposed to call as soon as my 2 year old spilled juice on it. Which I was informed that is exactly what I needed to do. I explained that I have children and was not going to utilize a warranty for a small cosmetic issue. Apparently the warranty is only good if you call immediately upon any issue. So I highly suggest if you buy a warranty from this company that if you so much as sneeze on the furniture you call in a claim immediately.

Original review: May 24, 2019

We purchased living room (2 sofas and oversized chair with ottoman). All the legs/feet cracked and smushed all the bonded leather is peeling after using the furniture protection kit. I have been in contact since January- they don’t have the multiple emails and photos sent. Jordan's said it would be covered then when we were back looking around we asked the sales associate and they said they had so many complaints about the bonded leather furniture they switched vendors/manufacturers.

Umm where was my notification or replacement of my product that I bought the extended warranty and protection plan on? I mean all big businesses even car manufacturers send Recall notices!!! Jordans’s and GBS need to step up their communications and someone needs to take accountability! Someone needs to right this wrong. I’ve sent emails and am waiting on call backs... I'm going to end up turning to the attorney general and claims court. It’s ridiculous the run around.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Maskell, GBS has taken the opportunity to review your claim. You originally filed in January for a claim on your damaged furniture purchased in 2014. Your claim was filed for what was you described as dissolving and worn away leather of the sofa and oversized chair. You were informed that the damages were non-warranted, as the plan does not cover the breaking down or wearing of leather, which also includes cracking and peeling of the leather. However, photos were requested of the damages for review, as a good faith gesture.

As of May 7, 2019, photos had not been received and GBS attempted to reach out to you regarding your claim and the photos that were previously requested. An email was sent to you dated May 18th, requesting that you contact us for more information. Upon reviewing your photos you submitted, you were once again informed that the damages were non-warranted for cracking and peeling.

Your GBS Furniture Protection Plan, covers for damages or stains that are from single incidents that are not the result of the craftsmanship of the furniture or are the result of any flaw or defect in the material. As a courtesy we have spoke to you today, prior to receiving your review to request photos per your retailer's request to see if there are any options for assistance since the damages you reported are non-warranted. The only photos GBS has received do not show the furniture in its entirety and are only limited to the close up of the damaged area. Please provide the requested photos and the skilled GBS agent will be happy to work with your retailer to assist you in this matter. Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team, Monday to Saturday from 9 AM to 8 PM Eastern Time.

Original review: May 24, 2019

We purchased an electric recliner and service warranty Sept. 2015. It stopped working and a GBS service tech came out April 24, 2019. He said a new switch was needed, he would order it and when it arrived we needed to call GBS to come install it. He said it would take 2-4 weeks to arrive. After 4 weeks it had not arrived and I called GBS. They said that we were supposed to order the part that the technician could not order it. On May 15, 2019 GBS customer service person assured me that the part had been ordered and it should arrive in 2-4 weeks. Then we were to call GBS to have a tech come install it. On May 24 Weir's Furniture, where we bought the chair and who sold us the policy, called and said that they were ordering the part and it would be here in August. At this point I have no idea what is going on nor who really cares about customer service.

Original review: May 21, 2019

The GBS warranty is catch-22. If there is something small that happens, the warranty is great. But if you're having a lot of problems, it's a hassle. But it's worth it. I've had a bunch of claims. When the footrest piece on the recliner broke, they came out and fixed it, and everything was fine. But then I got some rips on the side of it. They had a guy come out and he reupholstered part of it. He was supposed to come back and finish the other part but GBS ended up denying the claim. I was told GBS was not covering it and the recliner was never fully put back together right. They said they wouldn’t fix it. But what am I supposed to do with a couch that's not put back together right? It is what it is though.

Finally, they said that they had somebody come out but the guy was saying that was not what he was here for. He's like, “Now, you have to call back.” The service is good but it's a hassle. When you file a request, they usually get in touch with you fairly quickly. Then a service technician is dispatched whenever somebody is in the area basically. But every time, it's somebody different. I've had five people in the five times they've come to fix the couch. One guy ordered the parts then a different company came to do the work. Then you wonder why it doesn’t get done right. That would be my complaint. If one guy orders the parts, they should have that guy come back to actually fix it. Sometimes, you're trying to explain what's going on. But it would be nice to have one person come out, look at it and order the parts then come back and fix it, not a different company all together.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 18, 2019

To Whom It May Concern: We have been trying to get our sofa serviced for over a year now with little to no response or support. We have called numerous times to have several work orders created only to have them cancelled and the runaround. We have paid for a service but have never received what we agreed to. When we call, we get nasty customer service and no one seems to care about our issue. At this point, we were told today that two different companies are going to call us to schedule service and no one ever calls. This is unacceptable.

I would appreciate a call from management in regards to this matter as quickly as possible as this is not what your site or service centers claim to be in exceptional customer service. There has been an enormous amount of effort on our part with none on your company’s behalf and we are still waiting for a response to our initial claim that continues to get closed out and not addressed. Please have someone contact me immediately or I will pursue legal action in violation of the contract terms in which we signed and you agreed to for our account and warranty. I expect a response within 48 hours of receipt of this and will share this feedback with Ashley Furniture as well to make sure they take a deeper look at the vendors they select in their products for customers ongoing. Lastly, we will be following up with our local news reporters to investigate the services of this company and area in Deerfield, Fl as well as the corporate office.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I have GBS protection for my indoor couch and chair. I contacted them when the mechanism for the reclining, when the feet thing would go up and down, was not working anymore. We left a message and their customer service got back to us within an hour. They were excellent. Technicians came out the day after that. It was a very pleasant experience for a change.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thanks for the awesome review, Gayle! We work hard to meet expectations such as yours, and we’re happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 15, 2019

Furniture cleaning. I will never buy this protection again. It is a complete waste of time. They only cover one accident per time. Give you the run around. By far one of the worst companies I have dealt with!! Under no circumstances should this company be in business.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I bought my armchair as an investment. It’s certainly a piece that’s gonna last awhile and the protection plan was offered for this furniture seemed like a good thing to do. So, I went with GBS Warranty Services. Recently, there was a fluid spill that I wasn’t able to get out with my regular cleaner. I filled out something online and put a picture up. I then got a callback saying that someone would come over the next week. The tech who came got everything done. He was really professional and efficient. Thus far, I'm really happy with my GBS protection plan. I thought I might have to twist some arms, but everything went really well.

GBS Warranty Services response

Abby we appreciate your review! Here at GBS, we strive to provide the most exceptional service to our customers, and we are happy to hear that we were able to accomplish that in regard to your claim. We look forward to assisting you should you need us in the future.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I have the GBS plan that covers any type of damage to my couch. I called a service request when there were stitching issues. Also, I used to remove the seating out of the couch. It was messed up and was flat. Both of people I talked to at GBS were excellent. In four days, a technician was dispatched. Everybody was polite and very patient so I appreciated that.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ayisha, your feedback is greatly appreciated. It is a great pleasure to hear that we were able to swiftly and efficiently take care of repairing the damage to your couch. We appreciate your business and are here for you should you need further assistance with future claims.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 3, 2019

I bought outdoor furniture from Ashley. Barely used, kept covered. After a year I took cover off and the furniture was literally disintegrating. I called GBS immediately, sent emails with pics and invoice from Ashley. I was told I would hear back in 3-5 days. A week went by, I emailed again. Another week went by, I emailed again. Another week went by, I emailed again. I called them, they did not give me a reason to why I hadn't heard anything. I demanded a claim number, which they did not provide.

I called the next day and they said the damages were not covered, even though I hadn’t used the furniture, they said it was wear and tear. I wish I could provide pictures on this site to show how ridiculous the furniture looked. I paid 1,700 for the furniture and another 200 for the warranty (which I guess covers nothing). GBS was rude (Kim was the supervisor I spoke with). I encourage people to not waste their money on this service, as it is an entire waste of money. They still did not state why it took them a month to resolve after me following up 4 separate occasions. I will be submitting through BBB and following up with GBS and their poor service and timeliness.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 2, 2019

We purchased a couch from Ashley Furniture in November of 2018 and also purchased the additional furniture protection plan which is serviced by this company. First it took 3 weeks for anyone to contact us after submitting our claim. Then, once the person came out, he was in our house for approximately 30 seconds before saying "he had to get approval" to do any cleaning. He took some pictures and told us someone would call us within a couple days. No one did. We contacted them 2 weeks later and I spoke to Asha on the phone who said it was no problem and she would approve the work and have someone contact us to set up another appointment to come out.

3 weeks later, no one did. My husband called today and was told they are voiding our warranty for "accumulation of damage" and there is nothing else to be done. What? It's dog drool and it just needs to be cleaned. We filed a claim immediately upon the seeing the drool, well within the time frame, and it took them 2 months to figure anything out. Absolute worst customer service experience ever. I would highly warn anyone that has to deal with this company to avoid it at all cost.

GBS Warranty Services response

Douglas, your feedback is appreciated. We will be reviewing your claim and will respond back once we have acquired the complete details of your recent experience with us

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 1, 2019

Purchased a sofa at Ashley's Home Furniture in 2016. Nice piece of furniture. After 2.5 years of minimal use, sofa still looks new, it developed a sag in the middle where it sinks 3+ inches when you sit on it. Anyone sitting on the ends finds themselves leaning toward the middle. Called the GBS warranty folks. Cooperative and sent a technician out to look for "frame damage". He found a spring that had become undone and reconnected the spring. No other damage was apparent. However this did not fix the issue with the sofa. The technician took photos and said I would be contacted in 3-5 days by GBS. They said they would send me a copy of the warranty in my email.

5 business days went by. No contact. Gave it another 3. I called them. They didn't have all the information from the technician and would call me back. No call. Gave it a couple of days then I called them. On a side note, the emailed warranty copy never arrived. Claimed that the technician information was still not all available. Then we got into a discussion of the warranty. The person on the phone said that this was classified under "resiliency" and not covered by the warrant. Didn't have the technicians report nor photos. Still, they knew the issue. I asked how to appeal the decision and was told there is no way to do so. Basically I was out of luck. I will be pursuing this further via Ashley's and GBS. At this time I am very unsatisfied with GBS and their services.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 30, 2019

I purchased a dining table and chairs set from Ashley Furniture Sept 2017 at which I was told it would be in my best interest to purchase the warranty protection plan with GBS. I filled a claim with GBS regarding my table and chairs because an air freshener ate through the table finish and the crossbars on my chairs have fallen off and we cant sit on them. A tech was sent to my home on April 18, 2019 to review the damage and I was told that the table and chairs would need to be replaced and I would receive a call within 3-5 days. Well here I am April 30, 2019 and I had to call the store several times after going into the store because I never received a call. Ashley Furniture gave me the number to the warehouse and told me I needed to call them, the warehouse gave me the number to GBS and said I need to call GBS.

After getting the run around I am now being told that my furniture will not be replaced because there is more than one scratch on the table which they consider normal wear and tear and it's not covered. The chairs aren't going to be replaced either because the cross bars didn't fall off in one incident. GBS protection plan is a SCHEME!!! I will now be getting a lawyer involved with this situation. Ashley Furniture also told me they never received the report from GBS so they can't move forward, GBS is telling me they sent the report so I asked for the report to be resent which I was then told by GBS they would have to contact the tech that came out and did the initial report. Save your money on the protection plan as they will find every way around it to not fix or replace your furniture. Skip from buying from Ashley Furniture altogether. I thought I was getting a step up from Bob's Furniture. Apparently I was wrong. MONEY WASTED!!!

GBS Warranty Services expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GBS provides mattress and furniture protection services to over 200 mattress and furniture retailers across the United States. The company also manufactures sleep products under the brand names of Healthy Sleep Cool-Tech and Healthy Sleep Ultra-Tech, which include temperature regulating blankets, pillows, sheets and mattress protectors. GBS offers three levels of furniture protection plans: premium, premium with power, and premium with power, mechanisms and frames.

• Accidents only furniture protection plan: This plan protects furniture from accidents such as spills, grass, mud, rips and heat marks. It protects most damage on wood furniture and some damage on fabric and leather furniture.

• Plus power furniture protection plan: This plan includes all the benefits of the accidents only furniture protection plan, along with protection against motor and mechanical failure.

• Plus power, mechanisms & frames protection plan: This is the highest tiered plan and covers everything the other plans cover along with frame and mechanism breakdowns.

• Additional programs: GBS also provides protection for outdoor furniture, area rugs and adjustable bases.

• Dispatch and claims process: When customers purchase furniture protection from GBS, they’re guaranteed friendly and quick dispatch licensed and insured technicians to fix or repair the problem. If the problem cannot be fixed, GBS will replace the damaged item.

• Best for: furniture retailers and families

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs