2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

2.5/5 (63 ratings)

About GBS Warranty Services

GBS Enterprises sells furniture warranties with comprehensive coverage. You can add on its protection plans, which offer nationwide home repair services for a multitude of damages, when you buy your merchandise through many major furniture companies.

Pros

• Comprehensive coverage
  • Nationwide in-home repair service
  • U.S.-based service centers

Cons

• Nontransferable coverage
  • No direct-to-consumer availability

Bottom Line

GBS sells warranties for furniture issues not covered by manufacturers, such as stains and rips. Its plans are sold with merchandise and are not available for direct purchase. Technicians service or replace covered items.

Top GBS Warranty Services Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… I had to call the GBS number and make an appointment based on the stuff that I had in my bed. It only took a week and it exceeded my expectations. It was good. He's a really nic...

Verified

I have a 5-year warranty with GBS that covers any cleaning or repairs for the duration of the warranty… The tech who came had a face mask on. ... He moved stuff around, nailed and...

What is GBS Enterprises?

GBS Enterprises is a third-party provider and servicer for furniture warranty plans. It partners with furniture and mattress/bed manufacturers, dealers and distributors to offer warranty policies for mattresses and bases, area rugs and other furniture at the time of purchase. Its furniture coverage typically lasts three to five years, though warranties for beds last about twice as long.

The GBS Protect All service plans cover fabric, leather and wood and come in three levels:

• Premium (rips, tears, stains and burns)
  • Premium with Power
  • Premium with Power, Mechanisms & Frames

Protect All covers punctures and rips, stains from human and pet bodily fluids, dye, grease, oil, nail polish, paint and marker and more. Its coverage for wood includes peeling, scratches and lifting of veneers, and its bed protection provides motor, mechanism, electrical component, controller and power surge services. Regular wear and tear is not covered.

GBS also sells Healthy Sleep’s Ultra-Tech and Cool-Tech mattress covers and encasements, which protect against dust mites, bed bugs, allergens and moisture. Ultra-Tech pillows feature anti-microbial, moisture-wicking fabric with filling that aligns your head, neck and spine. Cool-Tech products protect from stains and spills and help keep you cool while sleeping.

GBS warranty services costs

The prices for a GBS extended warranty vary based on the type of product you’re covering and its value. These warranty plans incur an additional cost at the time of product purchase. Retailers sell the policies, and buyers cannot purchase them directly from GBS Enterprises.

GSB Enterprises Warranty Services FAQ

What does GBS' warranty services cover?
GBS warranties cover damages to furniture, area rugs, outdoor furniture and adjustable beds. Comprehensive damage coverage includes pet, food, oil, dye and cosmetic stains, rips, scratches and more. GBS also covers glass breakage, veneer peeling and cracking. You can upgrade your plan to include mechanical and power functions.
Where are GBS' warranty services available?
GBS has technicians in all 50 states. Plans are available for purchase through participating retailers.
Where is GBS located?
GBS Enterprises is located in Deerfield Beach, Florida.
Can you pay GBS online?
GBS warranty services are not available for online purchase, but online claims service is available.

Do we recommend GBS warranty services?

Yes. GBS Enterprises’ warranty plans are a good idea for customers looking to protect their purchases. They typically provide comprehensive coverage that far exceeds the manufacturer’s warranty, and the company has technicians in all 50 states. Because the extra protection covers rips and stains, it’s ideal for customers with pets or children. If a protected item can’t be repaired, GBS will replace it.

GBS Warranty Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

The service request with GBS was on the couch seat cushions. It was simple. You have to go through step-by-step, what happened, and which part, which was time consuming having to think about every little spot on the couch. And then when the technician got there, he didn't have for the second sofa. He only had reported for the first. I had gone through a lot of time going through both sofas. Make sure the request gets communicated with the cleaner.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Catledge, we appreciate your feedback. You reported stains on two identical sofas, and the agent did add both of the sofas on the work order. We do apologize if the technician advised you that there was only one sofa on the work order. It may have been something that was overlooked because of the fact that they are identical. We are pleased that the technician was able to still clean both sofas, and correct the stains. We look forward to providing you with excellent service in the future as well! Thank you for being our customer.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I bought a very expensive leather sectional sofa for my daughter May 2018. Purchased a 5 year extended warranty thru GBS. Had a problem with the leather tearing. Filed a claim with GBS. They ask for pictures, sent pictures. They would not cover the piece that was damaged. Ask them to come look at it and they refused to send a rep to even look at the damage. The warranty was not worth the paper it was written on. Don’t buy an extended warranty from GBS. Waste of 250.00. They made their decision based on pictures. No personal service.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I got a sectional and I bought GBS Warranty for it. My dad is in and out of rehab right now and was crashing on my couch and spilled chili all over my couch one night. I needed to get that fixed because I'm not down with chili stains on a couch. I had another warranty company with a different sectional that I had before, and that was the worst experience of my life. GBS was so easy, and they were quick. It was effortless. I almost felt like I had to do nothing. It was nice.

I spoke to two representatives and both of them were great. I had to do a return and exchange my couch when I first bought it. The guy was super helpful, super quick and made me feel really comfortable. Then I didn't realize that I didn't tell him it was an exchanged couch. So, when I went online, I was logged in at the same time, and I could see the claim immediately. I didn't realize that it was the wrong type of couch. I called back and the girl that I talked to was really helpful. She even gave me a number to text the pictures to. I was able to send everything super quickly. They were so nice and they laughed with me, too. GBS is excellent in every way. Even the guy that came and did the service was great, too. He even showed me what to do to make sure that the couch piece would dry because it takes a while. He was super nice.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Samantha, thank you for your outstanding review. We are happy to hear that you had excellent service from your interaction with the agents, all the way down to the technician visit. We thrive to make this a seamless positive experience for all of our customers. Thank you so much for being a part of GBS. We look forward to providing excellent service again in the future should you need us!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I just bought a loveseat from Ashley, and I took out the warranty again. We have a mechanical chair with them as well since mechanical things break. I just moved into a new house and when I did, I plugged in the chair. I reclined it all the way back, so my wife could get into it. When I tried to put it back up, it wouldn't go up. I went through Ashley and asked them how I could go about getting a response to my warranty. They gave me a phone number to call, which was the warranty company, and I asked for the people to come out and look at the chair.

GBS Warranty had somebody out here quickly and they were very friendly and professional. I've got a lot of stuff going on, so my communications with them was quick. They found the issue, and they left. Unfortunately, it turns out that it was an electrical issue with the house, but I didn't know that at first. They plugged the chair into a different outlet, and it worked.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Tim, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Congratulations on your new home. We are happy the technician was able to assist you with locating the unknown issue with the outlet and ensuring the recliner worked correctly. We look forward to assisting you again in the future!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I'd much rather interact with a human being than a computer. I called GBS, spoke to a person and then I was told that somebody would contact me in the next week or two. The guy called me three days later, and he's like, "Hey, I'm in the area. Can I stop by?" I said sure. He was very nice. He cleaned the cushion, got the stain out and he went about his way. The furniture is completely fine now. If I need to use the warranty again, I'll definitely be calling 'cause I still got a while to go. I was pregnant when we bought the furniture. I know that having a newborn, they puke and pee and poop all over the place, so I thought it was a good idea to get a warranty.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Shannon, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are happy you're pleased with the results and that we were able to help. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future. Congratulations on your new addition to your family.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 16, 2021

I asked so many questions prior to purchasing this warranty, to the point that it became kind of a joke with the employees! I was assured my new sofa would be covered if we experience problems with animal fluids, etc. so against my better judgement, we splurged for the 5 year plan to cover this expensive furniture. I have not made any claims whatsoever until recently & never received a response to my first claim.

I called to check on it a couple of weeks later & was told they will not do anything other than clean the outer material of the furniture. No deeper than that, which isn’t of much help. Needless to say, they still have yet to send anyone out & I have actually just filed a subsequent claim which I don’t expect to go much different. But I will definitely come back to change my review if it actually does!!! It seems they get away with ripping people off because there is no one to hold them accountable considering people don’t tend to file bad faith lawsuits on lower amounts like this, but perhaps it is time for “we the people” to finally put an end to this type of bad business practices.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 16, 2021

It’s big scam of protection plan from Ashley. Nothing will cover. Highly not recommended. Ashley will provide discount and add this protection plan. Actual it says will cover accidental protection, when you start claim will say this is not covered. To fix you have to pay from pocket.

Original review: April 28, 2021

BUYER BEWARE. GBS Warranty Services is a joke. Do not waste your money on GBS Warranty Services' protection plan. Shame on Ashley Furniture for promoting GBS Warranty Services. I spent over $800 to have GBS Warranty Services furniture protection for all my furniture from Ashley Furniture. I have spent over 10 hours on the phone with GBS Warranty Services, majority of it was on hold, with zero resolution. For some items, I was instantly denied by someone who I highly doubt was even qualified in furniture repair. It is all based on assumptions with GBS Warranty Services.

I was only lucky once to have a technician to come out to look at my coffee table. The technician was from a random company called "Quality Furniture Services". The technician tried to repair my table with a repair marker, which I declined him to do so, because I had a gouge in the top of my table. A marker will not repair a gouge. I do not care what a representative over the phone thinks. This was three weeks ago. I have tried to get in contact with Quality Furniture Services since then, and I have ZERO luck. In a matter of a fact, I am on hold with them now and I am going on 50 minutes. All I want is my coffee table to be repaired. I paid for a service and I am not getting what I paid for. I will never shop at Ashley Furniture again, and I will never purchase Quality Furniture Services' protection plan again. It is a SCAM.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I filed a claim in November 2020 - GBS Claim ** and have yet to receive a replacement of my items. I have provided all information requested and received an email on 1/19/2021 stating that the replacement has been requested but still nothing from GBS about my replacement. It is going on 5-6 months with NOTHING. I have sent several emails requesting an update and will wait on hold for hours with no one answering the phone. This is not good business and I recommend not using or purchasing this service. All I want is to have my furniture replaced as per the warranty that I purchased.

Original review: April 27, 2021

I found the representatives at GBS and its contractor, Furniture & Repairs (F&F) to be inept and not customer centric. I live in the San Francisco Bay area and GBS placed its work order on F&F located 350 miles away from my home in the Los Angeles area. F&F reportedly only has a single employee (who lives in LA) capable of repairing electric lift chairs and this representative reportedly only visits the SF Bay Area a couple of days a month.

Since there was no ETA from GBS or F&F (after many phone calls) regarding my repair after three weeks, I was required to purchase a second electric chair ($1,000) since my wife requires the chair with the electric lift feature to meet her mobility needs. GBS told me that a replacement chair would not be provided by GBS unless parts are no longer available - even if it takes a year to resolve the issue. Ashley Furniture's charge of $169 to me for GBS' "so called" warranty was a waste of money.

GBS Warranty Services Company Information