2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

2.0/5 (56 ratings)

About GBS Warranty Services

GBS Enterprises sells furniture warranties with comprehensive coverage. You can add on its protection plans, which offer nationwide home repair services for a multitude of damages, when you buy your merchandise through many major furniture companies.

Pros

• Comprehensive coverage
  • Nationwide in-home repair service
  • U.S.-based service centers

Cons

• Nontransferable coverage
  • No direct-to-consumer availability

Bottom Line

GBS sells warranties for furniture issues not covered by manufacturers, such as stains and rips. Its plans are sold with merchandise and are not available for direct purchase. Technicians service or replace covered items.

Top GBS Warranty Services Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… I had to call the GBS number and make an appointment based on the stuff that I had in my bed. It only took a week and it exceeded my expectations. It was good. He's a really nic...

Verified

I have a 5-year warranty with GBS that covers any cleaning or repairs for the duration of the warranty… The tech who came had a face mask on. ... He moved stuff around, nailed and...

What is GBS Enterprises?

GBS Enterprises is a third-party provider and servicer for furniture warranty plans. It partners with furniture and mattress/bed manufacturers, dealers and distributors to offer warranty policies for mattresses and bases, area rugs and other furniture at the time of purchase. Its furniture coverage typically lasts three to five years, though warranties for beds last about twice as long.

The GBS Protect All service plans cover fabric, leather and wood and come in three levels:

• Premium (rips, tears, stains and burns)
  • Premium with Power
  • Premium with Power, Mechanisms & Frames

Protect All covers punctures and rips, stains from human and pet bodily fluids, dye, grease, oil, nail polish, paint and marker and more. Its coverage for wood includes peeling, scratches and lifting of veneers, and its bed protection provides motor, mechanism, electrical component, controller and power surge services. Regular wear and tear is not covered.

GBS also sells Healthy Sleep’s Ultra-Tech and Cool-Tech mattress covers and encasements, which protect against dust mites, bed bugs, allergens and moisture. Ultra-Tech pillows feature anti-microbial, moisture-wicking fabric with filling that aligns your head, neck and spine. Cool-Tech products protect from stains and spills and help keep you cool while sleeping.

GBS warranty services costs

The prices for a GBS extended warranty vary based on the type of product you’re covering and its value. These warranty plans incur an additional cost at the time of product purchase. Retailers sell the policies, and buyers cannot purchase them directly from GBS Enterprises.

GSB Enterprises Warranty Services FAQ

What does GBS' warranty services cover?
GBS warranties cover damages to furniture, area rugs, outdoor furniture and adjustable beds. Comprehensive damage coverage includes pet, food, oil, dye and cosmetic stains, rips, scratches and more. GBS also covers glass breakage, veneer peeling and cracking. You can upgrade your plan to include mechanical and power functions.
Where are GBS' warranty services available?
GBS has technicians in all 50 states. Plans are available for purchase through participating retailers.
Where is GBS located?
GBS Enterprises is located in Deerfield Beach, Florida.
Can you pay GBS online?
GBS warranty services are not available for online purchase, but online claims service is available.

Do we recommend GBS warranty services?

Yes. GBS Enterprises’ warranty plans are a good idea for customers looking to protect their purchases. They typically provide comprehensive coverage that far exceeds the manufacturer’s warranty, and the company has technicians in all 50 states. Because the extra protection covers rips and stains, it’s ideal for customers with pets or children. If a protected item can’t be repaired, GBS will replace it.

GBS Warranty Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

The service request with GBS was on the couch seat cushions. It was simple. You have to go through step-by-step, what happened, and which part, which was time consuming having to think about every little spot on the couch. And then when the technician got there, he didn't have for the second sofa. He only had reported for the first. I had gone through a lot of time going through both sofas. Make sure the request gets communicated with the cleaner.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Catledge, we appreciate your feedback. You reported stains on two identical sofas, and the agent did add both of the sofas on the work order. We do apologize if the technician advised you that there was only one sofa on the work order. It may have been something that was overlooked because of the fact that they are identical. We are pleased that the technician was able to still clean both sofas, and correct the stains. We look forward to providing you with excellent service in the future as well! Thank you for being our customer.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I just had Jordan's Furniture come out, and after they left, I got a call saying that the issue wasn't something covered under the manufacturer's warranty, so it had to go through the protection plan. Jordan's connected me with a rep at GBS and the woman just asked me some information and I gave it to her. It was a quick, easy and simple phone call, and then that was that. But it's been about three weeks, and one of the spots that was repaired is ripped again. I have Jordan's coming out again next week and they're going to see if it's the same spot the third time. They're going to see if it works under the manufacturer's warranty or not. GBS is definitely worth it.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Kristene, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are pleased that your experience over the phone and the technician's visit went smoothly. We appreciate and value your business.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I bought a very expensive leather sectional sofa for my daughter May 2018. Purchased a 5 year extended warranty thru GBS. Had a problem with the leather tearing. Filed a claim with GBS. They ask for pictures, sent pictures. They would not cover the piece that was damaged. Ask them to come look at it and they refused to send a rep to even look at the damage. The warranty was not worth the paper it was written on. Don’t buy an extended warranty from GBS. Waste of 250.00. They made their decision based on pictures. No personal service.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I got a sectional and I bought GBS Warranty for it. My dad is in and out of rehab right now and was crashing on my couch and spilled chili all over my couch one night. I needed to get that fixed because I'm not down with chili stains on a couch. I had another warranty company with a different sectional that I had before, and that was the worst experience of my life. GBS was so easy, and they were quick. It was effortless. I almost felt like I had to do nothing. It was nice.

I spoke to two representatives and both of them were great. I had to do a return and exchange my couch when I first bought it. The guy was super helpful, super quick and made me feel really comfortable. Then I didn't realize that I didn't tell him it was an exchanged couch. So, when I went online, I was logged in at the same time, and I could see the claim immediately. I didn't realize that it was the wrong type of couch. I called back and the girl that I talked to was really helpful. She even gave me a number to text the pictures to. I was able to send everything super quickly. They were so nice and they laughed with me, too. GBS is excellent in every way. Even the guy that came and did the service was great, too. He even showed me what to do to make sure that the couch piece would dry because it takes a while. He was super nice.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Samantha, thank you for your outstanding review. We are happy to hear that you had excellent service from your interaction with the agents, all the way down to the technician visit. We thrive to make this a seamless positive experience for all of our customers. Thank you so much for being a part of GBS. We look forward to providing excellent service again in the future should you need us!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I got a full coverage plan from GBS. I called them for the sofa that was broken. The middle seat was slammed into the bottom. I got a text message three or four days later letting me know that the tech was gonna contact me to schedule a date. Then they contacted me and we scheduled the date. It was a day or two after they came over so the whole thing took about a week. They weren't able to get me a date right away when the tech was gonna come. I had to wait. I wasn't really sure when they were gonna contact me, if I was gonna be available. I couldn't really work around my schedule 'cause I was waiting for a response. But the work was good and I'm happy with the service I got.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Sujey, we value your review. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with the scheduling of your appointment. We are extremely happy to know that we were able to pivot this experience to a positive one during the outstanding technician's visit that you received which ended in your problem being corrected. Thank you for being our customer.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I purchased furniture on May 29, 2021 from Ashley Furniture in San Antonio TX and purchased a furniture protection plan (warranty) from GBS Warranty Services. At the time I was given a few basic details regarding the warranty but received no brochure or information in writing regarding the terms and conditions of the warranty I was told by ashley that they had not received brochures from gbs. I assumed that I would receive the warranty information when the furniture was delivered on 8/21/2021 (it was on backorder).

On 8/21/2021 the delivery people explained that they were not provided the document to give to me so I visited ashley homestore on 8/22/2021 to obtain a brochure as having a warranty with no documentation is worthless as they could state that anything that occurs would not be covered and I would have no recourse. Again I was told that ashley had no brochures provided from gbs. I contacted gbs this week via phone (week of Aug 28, 2021) and have emailed several times but have received only a promise via text by a representative that someone would call me asap. I only got a text response because I gave a dissatisfied rating of their customer service via text when they initiated.

I called ashley customer service on 8/27/2021 and explained to the representative that I want to cancel the warranty from gbs that ashley furniture had sold me and was told that I needed to visit the ashley store in person to get the cancellation and refund. I visited ashley homestore 8/28/2021 and was told by a manager that they cannot cancel the warranty after the furniture is delivered-so now I am attempting to see what can be done through ashley corporate office. I was also told that if I disputed the charge for the gbs portion of the ashley invoice I would be "Sent to collections."

This has been a nightmare so far and a horrible experience from a customer standpoint. I will be contacting corporate for ashley furniture 8/30/2021 to see what they can do for me. Gbs is a joke. If I can't even get a brochure for the warranty purchased how would I ever know that it had to be cancelled before the furniture is delivered? Signed....A very dissatisfied customer.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I have been a Ashley customer for a long time. Be aware of the extended warranty Ashley pushes on customers to buy. Nothing is covered, it's unacceptable customer service and dishonest business model. They had sent technicians to my home that said an item needed to be replaced, and I had to call weeks later to see where my items was to realize the claim was denied. The customer service is a noisy office in another country where they don't know how to give you a detailed explanation but "that's not covered" even though it in the list of things that are covered. It is unacceptable service and dishonest business.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

Per the furniture warranty I purchased they covered "gouges that penetrate solid surfaces". I submitted a claim ** with a 14" long 1 mm deep gouge on the nickel plating solid surface of my bar stool. They said it was normal wear and tear. It would be as if someone keyed your car and your insurance company stated this was normal wear and tear. That's how egregious their oversight of this warranty is.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

This warranty is a scam. I was told it covered tears, rips, burns and single marks as is quoted on their website and Ashley Furnitures sales pitch. Two years later I reported three tears in the cushion covers. I called to have s them replaced and was told the tears were not covered because the tear was in the seam...WHAT? That's the most likely place it would happen. Do not waste your money. These people are CROOKS.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I cannot describe to you how terrible my experience with this company has been. After purchasing many items through Ashley's, paying for their premium warranty, it's been 2 years and GBS is to accept my claim. To be honest this is an issue with both Ashley's and GBS. I purchased two large rugs And Ashley's explain to me through GBS that they cover just about everything, fraying, staining, striation and pattern. This however is not true.

After about 3 months with the rugs, we noticed a lot of these issues starting to occur and after months of arguing with Ashley's, we decided to never shop there again, but always held on to hope that GBS would help us when we really needed it. This was an incorrect assumption. I literally just got off the phone with a GBS agent And to my genuine surprise, the very rude agent refused to help me. She had me go through the whole process only to at the very end tell me that my claim would be denied. The manufacturing damage was due to Ashley's, but the staining and cleaning should have been handled by GBS which it was not and for a certain will not be. I paid for a 5-year service plan and now I'm left with nothing. They do not cover literally anything having to do with the rugs, only light staining. What a terrible rip off and a terrible company.

GBS Warranty Services Company Information