2.71/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GBS Enterprises provides warranty services for mattresses and home furniture through many of the Top 200 bedding and furniture retailers across the US. GBS focuses on exceeding customer expectations and prides itself on being a great company to work for.

GBS Warranty Services Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

We noticed that the middle portion of our couch was kind of sinking and when we checked it out, we realized that the wooden frame had cracked. The middle part was the only part affected because the other frames on either end of the couch were all metal. So, we called GBS and scheduled. The reps came and picked up the middle portion of the couch, brought it back to the warehouse and put in a new frame.

The only issue that we had was getting it back, which was a little frustrating. They were supposed to deliver it one day and then they said that they weren’t gonna be able to and they didn’t call back almost immediately to schedule a new time to come and drop it off. We had to call a couple of days later and we were going to just pick it up at the warehouse but they were able to bring it back and deliver it to us. So, there was a little bit of a communication error but other than that, it was good. Everything was fine and fixed in perfect condition. We had a great experience other than the minor scheduling issues at the end but they did a great job.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Stevens, thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with our service and satisfied with the repairs. we apologize on behalf of the technicians for the delay during the return process and look forward to more effectively assisting you in the future should you need us.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I had a previous experience buying a warranty and they gave me so much hassle when I called and get a stain removed. There were so many questions about what it was and they were giving me a hard time about it. It took a month for the repair people to come out and when they did, they would only treat this one couch cushion and wouldn't touch the rest of it. It was so frustrating. I spent hundreds of dollars on a warranty and I felt it was not worth it at all. But I had the exact opposite experience with GBS Warranty.

I had multiple different stains on the sofa and I wanted to get them treated. When I spoke to the reps, they said that someone would call me. The repair guy called me back within 24 hours and then scheduled a visit within 24 hours from that. When he came, he did a great job. He took care of all the spots that I showed him. He was quick and polite. The whole process went smoothly and efficiently. All in all, GBS is a great warranty. The company is great to work with so my experience has been very positive.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Meyers, we are sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience previously, even if it wasn’t with us. We are happy, however, to hear that we were able to provide you with the opposite during your recent encounter with GBS. The fact that we were able to pivot your expectations toward the positive is an amazing feeling. Thank you for being our customer and we look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I live alone and I was getting ready to have a second cataract surgery in just four days. I had one a week before, and when I had those surgeries, I have to sleep in the chair. I can't sleep in the bed. And the chair wouldn't move at all. It was like dead in the water. I talked first with the factory for the recliner chair then I talked to Jordan's who then told me to call GBS Warranty Services first and so I did. Then Jordan's sent their person to fix the chair.

When I called GBS, the lady I spoke with was very professional. She got all the information down. I explained to her exactly what the chair was doing. I told her about what the technical people had said at the factory. And then, as we were hanging up, she said, "Okay, a technician will be in touch with you." She said it would be six or eight working days, and this was like a Thursday. And I was demoralized because someone will be in touch with me to schedule a visit. So considerably, it could have taken two weeks before somebody came out.

I started to cry, and I don't do that very often, but I was feeling overwhelmed. And she said, "Well, I'll put a note on here that if anybody can speed it up, will they please do it." And so, that was where we left it. But I like the idea of them being able to review request from people like me on a case-by-case basis. In normal times, I would not be in a panic mode. I could wait two weeks for a technician to call me to set up an appointment or I should say six or eight days to set up an appointment two weeks from when I called. But I was really under the gun with that one. And subsequently, it turned out that I had complications with this second surgery, and I would be really in bad shape if I didn't have this chair operating like it is now.

I was in charge of engineering and maintenance for big corporations and then, my last job was with a major hospital in Boston in that same kind of job. And I think when I was scared, I would have appreciated the person reaching out before I burst into tears to say, "Let me see if there's anything I can do to expedite it," rather than getting the standard answer of six to eight working days. She also did have a very accent. She was a little bit difficult to understand, but I've traveled a lot and I just couldn't figure out where she was from. And I finally just decided I'm gonna listen to her carefully, and I did, and it was fine.

Still, I was a lucky duck this time because I'm sure that the piece that was replaced was a big ticket item considering the cost of the chair. The chair, as I recall, was maybe around 2,000. It could have even been more. And the issue was what we call an adapter. It's like the black box on the floor and it wasn't like some of the wire needed to be connected. It was a fairly substantial piece of equipment that makes this chair run. And it's running beautifully now.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for the awesome review, Marcia! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, especially with the circumstances surrounding the time frame in which you reached out to us for assistance with your chair. We’re happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and hope that everything continues to go well for you moving forward.

We look forward to being able to assist you should you need us in the future.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I bought a GBS warranty protection for a recliner. The chair was still under extended warranty, and it stopped working. The chair has needed that warranty three different times since we’ve purchased it. So, we’ve only had that chair for five years and we’ve had to call for service three times. That’s a little disappointing.

The power wasn’t getting to it and it wouldn’t recline. So, I called for a service request. We had a situation because my mother had a broken hip. The recliner was going to be very useful for her, and it broke just as she came home from the nursing home.

The service warranty went fairly well, although it was a little confusing. You start out calling Jordan’s, and then they tell you to call someone else. Then they send you back to Jordan’s, and then you wait for somebody to call you to set up the appointment. It seems a little bit drawn out. It took about a week to dispatch a service technician. They moved it up and made it more timely, but we still waited a week for it. We also got some special service because we explained the situation. They were able to fix the chair, and we didn’t pay anything even though we were one month short of the five-year expiration on the warranty. The rep was very good, polite and personable. He got down to business, put down a drop cloth to protect the carpet, and fixed everything promptly. He was the serviceman you wanted. He was great.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thanks for the awesome review, Debrah! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

My dog got sick on the area rug in a couple different places and the customer service of GBS warranty was pleasant and effective. They dispatched someone after four days and from there it took about a week and a half for the work to be completed. The rug is in the main traffic area, so we’ve had at least 10 claims in two years. GBS has definitely been worth it for us and has paid for itself.

But if I could ask for anything, I hope they could clean the entire rug rather than just a spot cleaner. The first year of service that we had your service, someone came out with a Bissell Spotbot, which was kind of a joke because we needed somebody to come with a professional cleaning system. That one was unsatisfactory. They now bring a professional grade carpet cleaner. But I wish they could do the whole rug rather than just one spot because then that one spot is lighter than the rest of the rug. We had multiple spots because it was a dog urine and the technician kinda argued with me a little bit and then called GBS. It was all about timing and being billed for time. It was gonna take him an extra 5 to 10 minutes to clean the rug and give me the big deal about it. Ultimately GBS approved the extra time. But it would be lovely if we didn’t have to mess with that.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Wulf, we appreciate your feedback and are glad that we were able to effectively assist you with repairing the stains to your area rug. Though cleaning the entire rug is a good suggestion, your protection plan covers accidental instances and is different from a cleaning service which provides overall cleanings. As outlined, your protection plan “…does not eliminate the need for routine care and maintenance of your furniture…” We strongly suggest periodic cleanings on your end in order to maintain the integrity and longevity of your area rug.

We greatly appreciate your input and are more than happy to assist you should you need further assistance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

GBS Warranty Services set the appointment to clean a cushion that an animal had an accident on. And in a matter of a few days, the tech showed up promptly. He was efficient, courteous, and polite. Everything went great and now, there's no stain, no smell, and no odor. Hopefully, we won’t do it again, but if we do, we will call GBS Warranty.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

We got a five-year plan on the sofa from GBS Warranty Services. The staples on one of the supports of the lower section of the seat area had pulled out, so it got loose. It started making a noise, so that was when we called in and GBS scheduled the appointment for us. The rep I dealt with was very professional. The tech was dispatched within five working days. He was very professional, very knowledgeable and sure of what he was doing.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I made a request for a tech to come out and clean a stain on the couch. The tech who came was awesome. I've been with GBS fro six months and my experience with them has been good.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

There were a lot of moving parts involved, including the leather, in my recliner sofa. The price of GBS was good, so I went with them. I called out a service because my sofa had an electrical issue. It was not working. Overall, everything went fine with my experience.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I can't actually answer as to how the company's work is. I do know that I have been on hold to speak with Customer Service for 70 minutes. No option to leave a message and receive a return call. If they can turn this around I will be happy to revise my review but for now the service is awful.

GBS Warranty Services expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GBS provides mattress and furniture protection services to over 200 mattress and furniture retailers across the United States. The company also manufactures sleep products under the brand names of Healthy Sleep Cool-Tech and Healthy Sleep Ultra-Tech, which include temperature regulating blankets, pillows, sheets and mattress protectors. GBS offers three levels of furniture protection plans: premium, premium with power, and premium with power, mechanisms and frames.

• Accidents only furniture protection plan: This plan protects furniture from accidents such as spills, grass, mud, rips and heat marks. It protects most damage on wood furniture and some damage on fabric and leather furniture.

• Plus power furniture protection plan: This plan includes all the benefits of the accidents only furniture protection plan, along with protection against motor and mechanical failure.

• Plus power, mechanisms & frames protection plan: This is the highest tiered plan and covers everything the other plans cover along with frame and mechanism breakdowns.

• Additional programs: GBS also provides protection for outdoor furniture, area rugs and adjustable bases.

• Dispatch and claims process: When customers purchase furniture protection from GBS, they’re guaranteed friendly and quick dispatch licensed and insured technicians to fix or repair the problem. If the problem cannot be fixed, GBS will replace the damaged item.

• Best for: furniture retailers and families

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs