It's that easy Request Information
3.61/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GBS Enterprises provides warranty services for mattresses and home furniture through many of the Top 200 bedding and furniture retailers across the US. GBS focuses on exceeding customer expectations and prides itself on being a great company to work for.

69 GBS Warranty Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Do not ever buy this warranty program! They refused to honor my warranty when my dining room chair broke. They claimed it was a "manufacturing defect" and I should go to the manufacturer to complain - even though the original warranty expired over six months ago. They first refused to cover it sight unseen, claiming it is a "hardware problem" and that is not covered. They then looked at photos I sent in and came up with yet another excuse when they realized that I was right - it was not a hardware problem. So they came up with another excuse, but only after I waited for over two weeks for them to respond, and they never did, until I called them. Do not use them. They should not be in business.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I purchased leather furniture from Ashley, Tucson AZ. I filed a claim in July for a tear on the sofa and stain on the loveseat. Sent in photos - never heard back. Call back and was told the loveseat was discoloration - not covered. Before they can determine if the sofa could be replace I needed to send in the receipt. Sent the receipt. Waited. No callback. I called back and was told the top of the receipt was not visible; needed to resubmit the receipt. Sent the receipt again and was told the claim was denied because from the photos it looks like the leather and cushion are missing. REALLY!! If someone took the time to come out and look at the sofa you would see it's a tear and nothing is missing. I honestly believe GBS had no intention of repairing the sofa. Customer service is horrible.

GBS Warranty Services response

We appreciate you taking the time out to inform us of your recent experience. Upon reviewing the photos that we received from you, shows a hole in the outside arm of the sofa, in which you were unsure how it happened. Although, your protection plan covers “rips, tears and punctures” from a single incident, the damage in the photos indicates material is missing or has frayed, which is not covered under your protection plan. Additionally, there discoloration on the seats of the loveseat. Discoloration is listed in the protection plan under the "Important Exclusions," therefore, the damages are non-warranted for this claim.

As you requested a Release of Claims letter was mailed to your address on file. Once we receive your signed letter, we will issue you a refund for the cost of the protection plan.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

The GBS Warranty Services rep told me that since I have a dog, it would urinate on the couch and since it's cloth, the stain would be covered but I have to call as soon as I can. So, I purchased a warranty from them against burns and stains. The rep I talked to when I filed a request was cool and nice. She was very accommodating in setting up a date when somebody could come out. I told her that when I unzip the cushion cover, there were no stains there. I know the dog did not do anything on my couch and she’s not allowed on it. So, I don’t know what that horrible smell is.

It wasn't long when GBS dispatched the technician. However, they didn't have anybody in-state and so I had to wait an additional week. The technician who came was fine and the smell was gone now. I asked him how to clean it and how to keep it clean going forward. He said said that he can’t tell me and that I need to call the store. GBS protection plan has definitely met my expectations. I would recommend GBS Warranty Services.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for your valuable feedback, Tonyce. We appreciate customers like you who take time to let us know who we are doing!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

The mechanism for the reclining loveseat was damaged, so it hit the ground whenever anyone sat on the chair and it didn't close or open properly. The bench with the dining room table also had a long crack in the center, which was in the actual frame of the wood. I have a GBS Warranty protection plan that covers my sofa and dining room set, so I called them for a service request. The customer service representative was great and very knowledgeable. However, they didn't have any of my information, even though it was supposed to be registered when I purchased the plan. So I had to go back to the store and get a ton of documents and email them. Somebody was supposed to follow up with me, but no one ever did. I ended up having to call back three weeks later and get the thing restarted.

Once GBS filed it, somebody was out to my house in about two days, and it was quick. The guy came and said he was going to use wood glue to fix the chair and paint over and varnish it. It really looked like he painted over the crack, so the crack is still there and the chair is still damaged. The people I spoke to were very kind and were good at their jobs, but the service itself wasn't great. Getting a GBS warranty is not worth it.

GBS Warranty Services response

We appreciate your business and the feedback of your recent experience. After looking into the account and reviewing your claim, we would ask that you please provide us with some detailed pictures of the cracks on the affected pieces so that we can further investigate the best course of action possible in accordance to the coverage of your protection plan.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We had weird spots that came up on our couch and it was fixed by GBS. My husband did not that they were very, very picky about what they were gonna do and what they weren’t gonna do. He wasn’t really happy with that. For example, when we called, they had to know exactly where the spot was and if we missed telling them a spot, they wouldn’t clean it. They’re like, “We could only clean exactly what you told us where the spot was.”

We missed two spots and they didn’t clean it. They didn’t clean the whole couch and the spots have come back. But aside from that the guys that came out were nice. We didn’t have a problem with them. Their hands were just tied so they couldn't do anything that wasn't stated in the actual claim. They didn’t go above and beyond and made the customer satisfied.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Armatrout, thank you for your business and your review. After reviewing your claim, it is important to note that our protection plans are not a cleaning service, but provide service for covered stains or damages that have been reported to GBS based on the terms and conditions of the furniture protection plan. The technicians that we assign can only provide service for the furniture that is listed on their work order. This is the reason for which we ask that all stained or damaged furniture be reported to GBS, therefore we can make the best decision possible under the guidelines of your coverage. This provides our customers with the best and most accurate service and information possible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Poor communication, and possibly the most useless product we have ever purchased. Took 3 months for someone to come out and look at our furniture. My wife and I took days off of work just to finally be able to get our stuff looked at. But each time they would call and schedule. Never a sorry said. Finally after getting someone to finally show up we get a call 2 weeks later saying our stains were not covered because there was more than one. They didn't even offer to take care of one stain. All they offer is to provide you with their terms and conditions.

They did say they could send someone out to clean our furniture but we would have to pay for it. Honestly if I offered this company's services to my customers I would be embarrassed. So when the guy at Ashley Furniture tries to sale you a cleaning plan and says, "If you ever get any stains we will come clean them. Just buy this service plan." Do not buy it!!! It has been so frustrating dealing with GBS. Never again. We have ask for a refund and will steer way clear of GBS services in the future.

GBS Warranty Services response

Nathaniel, we value your business and thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced with us. We are currently reviewing your claim and will provide an update or contact you if more information is needed to get a full understanding of the impediments and provide accurate information.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

We bought a warranty which is serviced through GBS. We made a claim in May. It is now the end of September and we still have no resolution. We have called numerous times (18 and counting). We are always told we will receive a call back. We have only had 1 return call the entire process so far and they called our secondary phone number (of course). They have dispatched a tech after about a month. The guy came out and said he was not certified in this brand of chair. He took pictures, recorded some video and said he would note that we need a specific tech certified in this manufacturer. A couple months later after a lot of back and forth they told us they ordered 3 parts. Only 1 ever came in. It’s the control board for the user. I’m not a professional but I’m certain this piece will not fix the problems.

They sent out a second tech who told us the same as the first. He’s not certified. After calling back we asked why they keep sending out someone who can’t fix the chair. We also discussed the lack of parts sent out. They again told us the manager is now involved and we will receive a call back as our claim is a top priority. The latest we would receive a call is in a few days. It’s now been a week and no return call. We aren’t unreasonable. We want this extremely expensive chair purchased with an expensive warranty to be fixed so we can use it, replaced with the same model or give us a credit to the store for the value so we can get something else. We are entering month 6 of this process. Which in my opinion is unacceptable.

I will say the people who take the initial calls are all professional (except for the couple of them that hung up on us after placing us on hold for over 30 minutes) but most of the interactions have been pleasant. We know it’s not the lady’s fault that answer the phones that the company won’t live up to the plan we purchased. And we try our best not to let our frustrations be taken out on the call center people receiving the calls. They seem to express concerns but never seem to get anywhere. We now have the managers phone number and we try to call him directly but it’s nearly impossible to get him on the line. I’m sure that’s by design.

It puts us in a tough position. Based on the experience I wouldn’t ever want to purchase another warrant backed by GBS. But if we didn’t have it we would be in an even worse position. If I could give them zero stars I would. It feels like they want to make this an impossible task so we may give up and just take the loss. But we aren’t the type of people to just quit. We paid for the insurance on it and we want what we paid for.

GBS Warranty Services response

In order to review your claim and assist you with a resolution we will need your claim number or invoice number. Please reply with this information and we will be happy to help.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I filed a request with GBS because I had some issues with my furniture and I was disappointed. I had to jump through hoops just to get something done. The brochure and the salesperson said A, B and C are covered when it's only A and B, which I find very disheartening and discouraging. It says specifically in the warranty that electrical components are covered yet a USB plug is not considered and I don't understand that because I plug a USB and it transfers electricity from the plug into the device that I'm charging. That's electrical, by every shade of the definition.

It's also dishearting that I call for somebody to come out and fix something and they ask me if I have the parts. By the time I had taken pictures and sent everything to them, it took them a week and a half for the tech to come in and because I didn't have the parts, all they did was take pictures and leave which is asinine ridiculous. GBS needs to tighten it up. I'm very dissatisfied and people need to know about it 'cause it sucks. GBS needs to tighten it up.

GBS Warranty Services response

Jim, would like to thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent claim. Your Furniture Protection Plan covers at the expiration of the original manufacturer's or store's warranty, failure of motors and associated components. This refers to the wires and cables connected to the functionality of the reclining mechanism. If it does not work to provide control or power to the reclining capabilities, then it is not covered. USB ports that are used for accessories do not fall under the covered portions because it is used to power outside devices.

We apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced and have reached out to your retailer. Since it has been less than a year from the date of purchase, you may be covered for this damage under your manufacturer's warranty. The Customer Care Department can be contacted at 866-436-3388.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I got a GBS Warranty for an indoor furniture. We had an accident on my couch and I called on a Friday. They called to confirm a time on Monday, and they were here by Wednesday. I would've hoped they would've come a little sooner because it was urine on my couch but I understand. I wasn't angry that they took five days. Everything went pretty well.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for all the valuable and honest comments you have addressed to us. We appreciate your patronage.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

The sofa was super dirty and I couldn’t clean it. It took a while for GBS Warranty to find me as a customer and couldn't find my contract but once they figured out the warranty, everything was perfect. The tech came out and he was friendly. He did everything and the sofa looks brand new now.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thanks for your feedback, Jessica. We work hard to meet expectations like yours and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I got a protection plan with GBS Warranty that covers any kind of damage. I got chocolate on the sofa and I called the number that Ashley Furniture gave us and gave them some information. They put in a work request order and somebody called me to schedule an appointment a couple of days later. Then, they sent a technician out to do the service but then, when he looked at the fabric on the couch, he said that it was too delicate and it needed to be dry cleaned or the cushion cover needed to be replaced because that was covered as well under our warranty.

If I couldn’t clean it, then they’d replace it, but he said that I was not supposed to get it that wet. He didn’t have any dry clean stuff and he said he was gonna report back that he was unable to clean it. He was gonna let the company know and they were gonna call us back, but they haven’t called us back yet. Nonetheless, I tell people to get GBS Warranty. We have a headboard on the bed and the technicians came out and cleaned that. GBS is efficient in getting people out in a timely manner. If you want to keep your furniture nice for a long time and you pay a lot of money for it, GBS Warranty is definitely worth it.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review, Alana. We appreciate and value your business.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I filed a request with GBS because the kitchen table had a heat mark on it and for the most part, it was good. But when they sent out the tech to repair the damages, the tech wasn't able to repair the damages. They told me that they were replacing it, but I haven't heard anything in three weeks.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ernest, we are currently reviewing your claim and someone will be reaching out to you with an update. We appreciate your patience and look forward to speaking with you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I initiated my claim online at the end of August. I received a call on September 4 and additional information was requested. I emailed invoices and additional photos as requested on the same evening. Did not hear anything for the next several weeks so I called and they verified that they did receive my emails and I will get a call regarding the outcome. Waited another week and finally I just called. My claim was processed over the phone. Of course denied! I was asked a question and I answered it honestly regarding a tear in my leather loveseat. I said it was not at the inseam however the customer service rep said it was at the inseam. (Although the cushion is clearly bulging from the center of cushion.) Everything was said and done in a way as if I was being untruthful and in a way to avoid approving the claim. Never will I pay for warranty service from GBS!!!

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for having taken your time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I'm sorry to hear about any frustration you may have experienced. We look forward to using your comments to improve our service.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I called in a claim two weeks ago and gave all my information to the agent on the phone because she said that our warranty did not show up in their system. Then, I emailed her our invoice with all the furniture we purchased while I was on the phone with the agent. She said she would start my claim and call me within 72 hours. They never called. Two weeks later I called back and they said they did not put my invoice with the paperwork, so it will take another 5 to 7 business days to input my information into their system. It takes a week for them to do data entry and guess what? My claim still will not be started. The agents do not speak great English, I've had difficulty understanding them and they become rude when questioned why it takes 3 weeks to file a claim with their company. So, it will be a month before a claim can be filed with this company. And, there's no telling how long it will be before the furniture is repaired?

GBS Warranty Services response

Sandra, we want to extend our sincerest apologies concerning all the issues that you have faced. We pride ourselves in maintaining the highest quality standards for our customers. So, we hope you will give us an opportunity to discuss this further with you. Our customer service supervisor should be reaching out to you shortly and we hope to find a solution that is fair and reasonable.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I purchased the GBS Warranty sofa protector plan. Then, I suddenly saw some leather damage on my electric sofa. I called for repair and within three days, a service technician visited the house. He checked the total sofa condition and what is qualified and not. He said everything is under the coverage so they will order the parts and it will take three days to dispatch. He said that he will come back in two days. After that, he never showed up. My request is still pending and not resolved and I’m still waiting for them to show up. But, I’m satisfied with their customer service.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for the candid feedback, Rama. Our In-Home Services team lead will be in contact with you today to follow up on the call. Thank you, again, for taking time out of your busy day to provide us with an overview of your service experience.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Our dog had gotten sick and some of the diet from his food has left a little bit of a mark on the couch. We were told it was better not to clean it with normal furniture or upholstery cleaner and just call GBS so I did. They needed some number from our receipt and we told them which piece of furniture was on there. We called later in the evening and the next day, I had a call from a guy to set up an appointment to come out and do it. He was out here the day after he called and it was super quick.

When he came out, he was nice, cordial, and courteous. He looked everything over and inspected it. Also, he asked us what had happened and asked if we had put cleaner on it or anything like that. We told him that we hadn’t per the furniture store recommendation. He asked us to put the dogs up for a little bit and he went ahead and cleaned it up. He made sure the stain was gone and told us to make sure to let it dry before anybody sat down on it due to a possibility of creating skin irritation.

GBS Warranty Services response

We appreciate the feedback, Aj. Thank you for being a valued customer.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I’m in the military and I moved from Texas to Maryland because of my service. Before moving one of the legs on my couch was detached. I didn’t have time to file the claim to get fixed so I waited until I got to Maryland. I tried to file the claim but it’s outside of 30 days. You would think they would try to accommodate but no! Money wasted on a warranty!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I had a good experience with GBS. I have a white couch and one time, some type of liquid was spilled on it and it made a stain. Filing a claim went well. The gentleman they used was excellent. He came over as soon as possible and cleaned it. Now, the couch looks good as new.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for giving us this proverbial pat on the back. You made our day, Mary!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I got the GBS Warranty protection plan for my indoor sofa. When there was a stain on the sofa, I submitted a claim with them and had a great experience with their rep. She processed the claim then had that scheduled for a cleaning within a few days. In about three or four days. the cleaning company came out. But I called a few days later to let GBS know that I was really disappointed with the technicians that were sent out. They were at my home for five minutes or less and they both were kind of gruff. They were polite but they were not that well-dressed and smelled of alcohol. So, I was mildly uncomfortable having them in my home because of the alcohol smell on their breath.

Other than that, the techs were pretty quick. They washed the entire furniture, took a picture, and said it was resolved. But as soon as it dried within a couple of hours, the stain was still there. So, I called GBS the next day and they were very helpful in following up. I sent some photos along to show them that the stain was still there and they sent me a replacement fabric cushion for my couch. So, I had no problems with GBS at all.

Having the warranty gives me a nice peace of mind and it was worth my value that I purchased from Jordan's Furniture. I have three little kids and it's comforting knowing that if I have a big stain, I can have it taken care of. In fact, I had them come out a few months ago for another stain on the couch and they had to send the technician twice. The first time didn't resolve the stain, but the second time, it did. So, everything's good.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We take pride in giving outstanding service to every customer and overjoyed to receive your compliment and appreciation.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I bought a warranty for my couch. My daughter threw up on it, so it got a little stained up. GBS' customer service was good. Someone called me the same day to schedule an appointment, and the guy came the next day and he was really great. The warranty met my expectations. Overall, the company is great.

GBS Warranty Services response

Crystal, we are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this review. Our company values put customer satisfaction as a top priority. We are committed to our customers. We look forward to serving you again.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I had some wood frame cracking due to normal use of my cheaply made furniture chairs which, of course, were quite expensive. Add to it a very expensive GBS Warranty service which seemed to cover everything in the store. Looking at the contract however, nothing seems to be covered or can easily be passed off as "use or abuse". After digging up the paperwork I had to submit a claim 3 times before I received a response of "not covered - please purchase new furniture or take it to these repair companies." The contract says they will not cover furniture repaired by unauthorized repair companies, so who knows if this will void it. Keep the money in your pocket and don't participate in this sham!

GBS Warranty Services response

We are extremely sorry to hear about this and even more sorry to disappoint a customer. We want to sincerely apologize for your negative experience. The plan is of great value. So, we hope you will give us an opportunity to handle a Covered claim in the future.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

GBS Warranty said that it would cover any problems that we had with two couches and a rug in terms of spots, stains, rips, tears, and not only would they be good for us, but they would also replace the couch or the rug if they couldn't fix it. It sounded pretty comprehensive and we've never taken that insurance before. But we thought that the couch was an expensive furniture, and so was the rug, so we went ahead and purchased the warranty from GBS.

We have two older poodles, then we got this new poodle that came from an abusive situation and she was marking. She marked her territory on the new couch, but I didn't realize that she did it until I went in there to sit down. It wasn't wet, but I smelled it and I knew what it was 'cause I've had dogs my whole life. The new poodle urinated between two cushions and it went through into the foam core, which absorbed it. I said, "Well, thank goodness, we got this insurance." We called GBS and the rep was very nice. She said she'll get somebody out but wasn't sure which day. I told her as soon as possible would be great . It smells in there and I can't leave it like that.

She said that they'll take the cushion cover off of the cushion, and the feather thing off. It made sense at that time 'cause that was what smelled, but it was hard to take them both off because the end one is not a perfect square and it fits to the arm. We went through a lot to get them off, only to find out that it was not only them that smells, but the foam core. Now, I've got six pieces in absence. I’ve got two covers, two feather covers, and two foam cores that I've taken, put down into the basement and await for the man to come. He came and my husband said that the guy was there for 20 minutes. My husband brought the pieces up, and the guy sprayed on them and said to put them outside and they'll dry.

When I got home, the pieces were hanging on our picket fence. The foam was standing on end. We thought that it was hunky-dory. When we were all set, we brought the pieces in. I got a really good sniffer, and I said that it still smelled. The guy was only here 20 minutes and how could he clean that within 20 minutes. But with today's cleaning, maybe they can. We realized that we could not put it back in there so I called The Dump and told them what happened but they told me I have take that up with GBS.

I called GBS, told them my whole sordid story, and they said they don't cover smells. That was crazy because nobody could live with this. What was the sense of the insurance when they didn't spend any time cleaning it and it was quite big to do. I said that I was told at The Dump that GBS would cover all this. Then the lady that sold us the couch from The Dump called and said that I got her in trouble because that she lied to me and said GBS would cover it. I said to her that I would just assume if a dog or a human being or a baby soils her couch, and she cleaned it but it still stinks then it's not clean. I was told to read the fine print so it was extremely frustrating. We were stuck and there was nothing we could do about it.

We have a swimming pool. My husband went to Petco and got for $12 a gallon of some kind of a chemical thing that guaranteed to take the smell out. He sprayed that on everything, saturated everything, and when it all dried, it still smelled. Smelled of that and the chemical now. He took the big foam cores, cushions and foam rubber then put them in the pool with some laundry dish thing and soaked them. Then, he put them on their side and because we couldn't bring them up, they tore every time he tried to move them because they were so heavy. They absorbed an amazing amount of water.

I took the two feather inserts to the cleaners and I had them dry cleaned which cost $54. I took the actual fabric of the couch covers, and put them in the washing machine. There's a new detergent called Persil and I am not exaggerating when I tell you that I washed those couch covers seven times to get the smell out. I kept washing them in cold water, turned out a beautiful smell. The stuff I picked up from the cleaners for $54 turned out great. My husband could not get the foam dry so he put it in the garage on a board, and then he put another board on top of it and went over it with the car to get the water out of the foam. Then we dried it for three days and hoisted it in the garage. There is no more smell. We fought everything back into the cushions, and we are now enjoying the couch.

GBS is not our friend and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. I'd like GBS to reimburse us for the price of cleaning and not to mention, the frustration of doing all these ourselves. They're lemons and they're not a good call. They didn't take care of us and they left us unsatisfied. It didn't seem to bother them one bit, and they just said that I gotta read the small print, and the small print says it doesn't cover smells. It was not pointed out to us at The Dump and it sounded like such an incredible deal that we couldn't pass that up. But the whole policy should be rewritten, and they should cover smells. GBS has no accountability and the insurance was useless so we had to do it all ourselves. I'm only happy to say we loved the couch, and we are so happy to have it back.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for your feedback - we’re listening and appreciate you taking time to report your experience. Your information has been forwarded to the appropriate department for quality and training purposes.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Get the protection plan from GBS. Since I have kids, I have a five-year protection plan from them. So far, I had to file a request for a spill. The reps I spoke with were very informative. They were not rude. Within two days, a technician came and while I wasn't here, when I came home, the furniture was clean.

GBS Warranty Services response

Our company values put customer satisfaction as a top priority. We look forward to serving you again.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Our experience with GBS Warranty Services went wonderful. I had them for the bedroom furniture. When I first had it moved in, I didn't realize it was that delicate. I scratched it a little bit when I had to put a couple of pieces like a lamp. I just wanted to get those fixed because I haven't gotten the other things that go underneath yet like the little Velcro thing. It took three weeks for a technician to come out, but that was because of my schedule. Their customer service was wonderful. They've always been excellent, and they've always come right out and fixed whatever I needed. They met my expectations and I would definitely recommend them.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion on our service. We take pride in giving outstanding service to every customer and we're overjoyed to receive your compliments and appreciation.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

The GBS warranty was offered free when I purchased my couch and since having it, I had to call in a service request once so far. We were on vacation and someone was watching my dog. When we got home, we found our dog's vomit on our couch. A phone tag took a couple of days but once we got a hold of someone, he came within 10 minutes on a Sunday morning and cleaned it. Overall, I was very pleased with the service. The couch is a little faded where it was cleaned, but it's better than a dog vomit. I'd recommend GBS.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for the candid feedback. We appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to let us know how we did and look forward to serving you again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

We have GBS Warranty Services for two couches and a chair. Our dog had an accident on the chair twice so we filed a request to GBS and it was easy. We told them that we needed to get the chair fixed. So, we scheduled the repair, the person called me, he squared it away and it was done in a couple of days.

GBS Warranty Services response

Evans, thank you for the great review! We appreciate the honest feedback and use the data to improve our services. Thanks, again.

Original review: July 29, 2018

My couch was the first couch I've ever bought and it wasn't cheap. I purchased a GBS extended five-year warranty for it. One time, my dog was bleeding everywhere and got blood on the couch. I called GBS and they were prompt and were always willing to listen. They gave me all the information that I needed to follow up later if I needed confirmation numbers.

The service technicians have always been professional, very nice, fast and gave me advice on what the first steps to take to make sure that the stain doesn't set in. I'm glad that I bought the protection plan because I would not have been able to take care of the issues I faced without it. I tried to fix something on my own one time and I definitely made it worse. I'm glad that if a tear or anything like that were to happen to my couch, I would have something to rely on to come and fix it. Buy GBS Warranty if you’re gonna make an investment. It's worth it.

GBS Warranty Services response

We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: July 22, 2018

I have the GBS warranty on a couch and a bed frame, and I would definitely recommend them. I called them because there was a tear on the couch but because of their availability and the fact that we’re working, getting someone to come out took a while. We had to find a time that worked for us and the technician. But once we did, the technician was able to fix the couch.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Original review: July 19, 2018

When I purchased my first piece of furniture through Ashley Furniture, I purchased a protection plan with it and had wonderful experience from the provider. I was able to call them when I had an issue arise and it was taken care of. So, when I purchased a fairly expensive couch, also from Ashley Furniture, I decided to get a protection plan for that as well. Ashley Furniture also seemed to push buying the plan. They carried GBS Warranty at the time, so I called them to file the request and I had a good experience with their reps. But everything after that was not good.

I filed a claim and when I initially called, I offered to send them the pictures that I took so they would know what to look at right when they were coming here. It was kind of hard to describe which areas of the couch were fine and which had problems, because when you're looking at it, you're thinking one thing and the person on the phone might be thinking another thing. But they didn't let me send them the pictures.

Then, they sent out a technician quickly and he came out when they said he would come out. My mother was at the house when he came and he didn't give her a good impression. He was cleaning some areas but he was addressing areas that weren't the areas I was concerned with. And when he tried cleaning the areas that I was concerned with, I don't think anything was happening. He was also saying maybe it had something to do with the manufacturer. But we only had the couch for a few months and I think something must've gotten on it that I am not certain of. So, I felt like I paid $500 for a protection plan and I wasn't getting that out of it.

Then, I didn't hear anything from GBS for weeks after he came out. I had to call them at least two weeks later to see what the status was and there was a lot of confusion. My husband called them back later in the day, then I texted that person that he talked to and I got a different story from the person I talked to earlier in the day. So, there was a sort of disorganization and I felt like the status of the claim was not updated accurately. I knew that my claim was already closed because I was getting my couch replaced but when Ashley Furniture contacted me, they were saying that they had an additional claim open. But it ended up being the one that I filed for which I was getting a new couch.

Overall, I bought the plan so that if something happened to the couch, it was gonna be covered. And in the end, it sort of resulted in that. But extreme measures almost had to be taken in order for that to happen. So, I was pretty dissatisfied with my experience.I had to go above and beyond to get what I was promised when I purchased the warranty. Their process was also really disorganized. The tech they sent wasn't prepared when he came out and maybe if he was more prepared and they let me send the pictures, things would have gone differently.

In comparison, the first company I worked with seemed a little more organized. They wanted pictures and different things like that, so they were more prepared when they came out to do the service. But I would also say that with that one, the issue was something super minor where they could send just a new cushion cover. So part of me thinks that they're good for their word if what they have to fix isn't a big deal. Still, I don't know if I would spend any extra $500 to do it again. Also, the first policy that I purchased was fairly cheap, so getting repairs would've been cheaper. Whereas with GBS, I felt like they were trying to do whatever they could to scoot around the issue so they didn't have to provide a service other than coming out and wiping down the couch.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for your feedback - we’re listening and appreciate you taking time to report your experience. One of our team leaders will be reaching out to you shortly for further assistance.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I purchased a plan from GBS for my indoor furniture. My chair was loose and there was a stain on the table, so I called them. Filing my request went very smoothly. The rep asked me a few questions and in less than four minutes, she had me an appointment. However it took GBS a week to send a technician out because I couldn't do it until a weekend. Still, GBS is a good service that one should consider. Overall, I've had a good experience with this company.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thanks so much for the kind words, Dandre. We really appreciate it.

GBS Warranty Services expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GBS provides mattress and furniture protection services to over 200 mattress and furniture retailers across the United States. The company also manufactures sleep products under the brand names of Healthy Sleep Cool-Tech and Healthy Sleep Ultra-Tech, which include temperature regulating blankets, pillows, sheets and mattress protectors. GBS offers three levels of furniture protection plans: premium, premium with power, and premium with power, mechanisms and frames.

• Accidents only furniture protection plan: This plan protects furniture from accidents such as spills, grass, mud, rips and heat marks. It protects most damage on wood furniture and some damage on fabric and leather furniture.

• Plus power furniture protection plan: This plan includes all the benefits of the accidents only furniture protection plan, along with protection against motor and mechanical failure.

• Plus power, mechanisms & frames protection plan: This is the highest tiered plan and covers everything the other plans cover along with frame and mechanism breakdowns.

• Additional programs: GBS also provides protection for outdoor furniture, area rugs and adjustable bases.

• Dispatch and claims process: When customers purchase furniture protection from GBS, they’re guaranteed friendly and quick dispatch licensed and insured technicians to fix or repair the problem. If the problem cannot be fixed, GBS will replace the damaged item.

• Best for: furniture retailers and families

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs