It's that easy Request Information
3.83/5
Based on 12 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GBS Enterprises provides warranty services for mattresses and home furniture through many of the Top 200 bedding and furniture retailers across the US. GBS focuses on exceeding customer expectations and prides itself on being a great company to work for.

12 GBS Warranty Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

I purchased an indoor furniture protection plan with GBS from the furniture store as GBS was what the store recommended. I filed a request for the repair of a recliner and had an excellent experience with their customer service rep. And they dispatched a service tech within a couple of days. They did a fantastic job and I would highly recommend GBS Warranty.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We got a 5-year indoor protection plan from GBS Warranty Services. I've also got another plan with another furniture company and compared to them, GBS Warranty Services was good to work with. When I call GBS, the dealing with their rep was great. It was really easy and quick to file a claim. I really like it 'cause I gotta go through so much paperwork with the other company. When I called GBS on a Tuesday, I got a call back within 24 hours. I couldn't do it through the week 'cause of work but someone came out to my convenience on a Saturday.

The young guy was really good. The stain that was on the furniture didn't quite come out because it was something that was set in. The ink that was in there came out but the other was I think some chocolate that my grandson put in and I'm hoping over time that it may come out. But if it seems like it's getting darker, I may call back to have them come back out and do it again just to go back over it.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for your confidence in our service. Please feel free to contact us directly should the ink stain wick up. We value your business and appreciate your feedback.

Original review: May 30, 2018

There was a wire that broke on the remote for the big lounge chair they bought for me for a Father's Day present. Our experience with GBS Warranty worked out great. The tech they sent out came to fix it after a week and a half. They did what we wanted them to do and everything was fine.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for having taken your time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

Original review: May 24, 2018

There was a piece of furniture I had purchased from my brother who passed away and he had gotten some ink on it. I even had a cover on that piece of furniture, but the little spot that was empty ended up with a little bit of black marker. I requested a service and GBS gave me a date and time when they would come out, and they came out that date and time. And the man removed the ink stain quickly, so I was very pleased. My warranty from GBS, which covers everything including indoor furniture and mattress, works for me. I had it purchased for my brother who had down syndrome and with him, you never were quite sure what was gonna happen.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 23, 2018

I was very dissatisfied with the way GBS reps talked to me. They're a bunch of rude people. I purchased from them a six-year warranty on my furniture because their rep said that if we had any animal problems, like if a cat or dog scratched it, they would fix it. And then, I had a couple of little cat scratches, no tears, where the cat had jumped on it. So I called about it. The rep asked me when it had happened. And I told her I didn't actually document what day and that it was probably in a month or two. She came back and said that if it has been more than 30 days, they can't fix it. I told her I have a six-year warranty on the furniture and then she said it has to be reported within 30 days. And so, she was really ugly. And before I could get the other part out, I told her that the loveseat that I purchased where the cupholder was, was coming apart. So, I had to call back.

I talked to another little girl, which was a bit more civil. And so, they got somebody to come out to fix it. But they wouldn't do anything about the animal things. Though the guy that came out to fix it was really nice. He also put some stain color on the furniture even though the GBS reps said they don't cover chipping or discoloration. The stain didn't stay however. The guy told me that a lot of people he has gone to have complained as well that GBS reps were rude people.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for providing this information. We use your feedback to improve our services. We are always looking to improve our processes so that we avoid causing these types of situation and we'll use this example as part of that ongoing effort.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?

Original review: May 22, 2018

I have a GBS warranty protection plan for my living room furniture. I filed a service request to them and their customer service representative was very good. A service technician was dispatched in about four days and it was handled in a timely manner. This protection plan has met my expectations.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for the valuable feedback.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I’ve had my electric reclining loveseat for over 4 years. Last year I contacted GBS to have my chair serviced. I had to contact them multiple times to find out the status of my claim. After 10 months and not hearing from them I contacted them again. I finally received an answer that they were unable to fix it. The store where I purchased it from informed me that I was getting store credit for my loveseat. Due to they could not replace it or fix it. I’m happy that they reimbursed me for the love seat but it doesn’t take care of my matching set. I was just disgusted that I always had to contact them and they never contacted me like they said they were going to do.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for having taken your time to provide us with valuable feedback relating to your claim. We are sincerely concerned and apologize that we fell short in communication. Your helpful comments are much appreciated and your feedback will help us to continually improve the standard of services offered to all customers.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I always wanted a white couch. We bought an off-white one from a furniture store and paid $129 for a 5-year protection plan with GBS Warranty Services so that if anything happens, they'll come out and clean it. The couch is a linen more tweed and I wanna put towels down before I let anybody sit on it. However, in less than six months that we have had the plan, the couch had food stains due to minor spills and food getting on there, so I called GBS. It was a rush order to get it in because there was a window of time for when the couch got the stains to getting it addressed. It was not a pleasant experience because there was a ridiculous amount of questions trying to be very specific like where exactly the stain was and what it was. There were at least 10 questions and I was on the phone for almost half an hour trying to set up the cleaning service which by the end of it, I was irritated. I paid for the service and why it was such an issue.

After the service was scheduled, a guy came out close to two weeks after I submitted the claim. He was very nice and it was amazing how quickly he was able to clean it though he used harsh chemicals, which I don't if it was good for the furniture or not. It was quite a smell in the room for the rest of the day, which made me hesitant as to how often to use the couch. Other than that, I’m very happy with the service and I would recommend them. I hope that I don’t have to go through the experience I had every time I call in terms of getting them to simply schedule the service.

GBS Warranty Services response

We strive to provide our customers with excellent care and we take your comments to heart. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused during the claim process. We appreciate your confidence and trust in us. Thank you for the valuable feedback and for your continued business.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I purchased a regular warranty from GBS Warranty Services wherein they’d clean my spot for my chair for five years. My dog threw up on a new recliner that I just bought so I called them. At first, I had a little trouble filing a request from them. The lady I talked to didn’t seem to know what I was talking about. So, I went to Langlois and called from their store. The lady that I got was really good and gave me some information. In a couple days, they sent out a technician and cleaned the recliner for me. I had a good experience with GBS. I’d tell others to try them too.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for your valuable and kind comments.

Original review: May 12, 2018

First experience was a bit lengthy; took several months to resolve. Second claim went smoother, more quickly. Only real suggestion for improvement would be option of cash payout instead of replacement for new chair from same store. If original store is selling defective products I don't like gong back to get MORE defective products from same store. Give me cash and let me choose a different store for better products.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for the candid feedback. We value and appreciate your patronage.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I purchased an all inclusive five-year warranty plan from GBS Warranty Services for a sofa. We got a stain on the couch that needs to be removed so we called them. However, it took a couple of weeks before they sent out a technician. Nevertheless, once they cleaned the sofa, it was great. They could be faster though from when I called to when they came. But other than that, my experience was good. Overall, GBS is a great value especially if you have small kids.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for all the valuable comments you have addressed to us.

Original review: May 3, 2018

My cushion to my sectional has a tear. I called in January to see about fixing it. I was told to send in pictures and they would start a claim. I did. I did not hear from ANYONE. I called again in February, and was told to resend the information. I did. AGAIN I did not hear from anyone. I called in March and was told they were sorry but no one followed up on it. The process was started again. I called 3 weeks ago and told that the order was started but not finished, and someone from Ashley will contact us. WE STILL HAVE NOT HEARD FROM ANYONE. It's been 5 months, and not even a follow up call. When I call I get a runaround. I am very disappointed and will be contacting someone in reference to this, not to mention putting a very dissatisfied review on both this and with Ashley.

GBS Warranty Services response

Thank you for the valuable feedback, Mr. Pendry. Our Senior Escalation Specialist will reach out to you this morning for claim assistance.

GBS Warranty Services expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GBS provides mattress and furniture protection services to over 200 mattress and furniture retailers across the United States. The company also manufactures sleep products under the brand names of Healthy Sleep Cool-Tech and Healthy Sleep Ultra-Tech, which include temperature regulating blankets, pillows, sheets and mattress protectors. GBS offers three levels of furniture protection plans: premium, premium with power, and premium with power, mechanisms and frames.

• Accidents only furniture protection plan: This plan protects furniture from accidents such as spills, grass, mud, rips and heat marks. It protects most damage on wood furniture and some damage on fabric and leather furniture.

• Plus power furniture protection plan: This plan includes all the benefits of the accidents only furniture protection plan, along with protection against motor and mechanical failure.

• Plus power, mechanisms & frames protection plan: This is the highest tiered plan and covers everything the other plans cover along with frame and mechanism breakdowns.

• Additional programs: GBS also provides protection for outdoor furniture, area rugs and adjustable bases.

• Dispatch and claims process: When customers purchase furniture protection from GBS, they’re guaranteed friendly and quick dispatch licensed and insured technicians to fix or repair the problem. If the problem cannot be fixed, GBS will replace the damaged item.

• Best for: furniture retailers and families

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs