It's that easy Request Information
2.52/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GBS Enterprises provides warranty services for mattresses and home furniture through many of the Top 200 bedding and furniture retailers across the US. GBS focuses on exceeding customer expectations and prides itself on being a great company to work for.

142 GBS Warranty Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 19, 2019

I called to cancel my furniture warranty protection plan due to the furniture company that sold it to me had lied about what was all covered. I called on 2/28/19 to cancel this plan and I was told on March 4th a letter was issued to me to sign and return to your company. As of today, 4/19/2019, I have yet to receive that letter. Furthermore, I have called 5 times now about this issue and all I get is the run-around that the department that handles cancellations can only be reached by email. Well 6 emails have been sent to that department on my behalf and still nothing. It shouldn't take almost 3 months with today's technology. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB and The Attorney Generals office about this.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Shoemaker, we apologize that you have not received your Release of Claims letter was mailed on 3/24/19. A reprint of your letter, which to ensure that the refund is being issued to the correct party, requires the original signatures. Please allow 7 days to receive the original document. We have taken the liberty of sending an additional form via your email for your records.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I spent roughly 800 dollars on a protection plan through Ashley Furniture. This is a GBS Enterprises product and was explained in the store that anytime I have damage to call and file a claim within 30 days in order to get it approved. I made my first call in regards to scratch damage and a stain in my couch. They approved the claims and sent out a tech to remove the stain, then after 5 minutes of work the tech left saying he had to come back to block off time for the furniture damage.

After receiving no calls back GBS had secretly denied my claim and never called me to communicate that while I was waiting for the next scheduled service time. For that matter, GBS has never called me back a single time for anything. I cancelled my policy because they are dishonest about their business practices and about what they have already agreed to do.

I cancelled on FEB 4th, as a matter of procedure to make it as painful for cancelling customers as possible they only allow a cancellation letter to be sent via the mail which GBS has to generate. After calling back about this letter getting sent to me on Feb 15th, Mar 18th, and April 18th they said they mailed a letter on Mar 29th (which of course I never got). In each of these calls Feb 4th, Feb 15th, Mar 18th, April 18th I asked for expedited service on my claim processing and that letters be sent immediately because I was so dissatisfied. In each phone call they assured me that it had been expedited and that they were waiting for information from the cancellation department.

Julian **- Supervisor - in my April 18th phone call again assured me information regarding post office information and that again I would get another letter in the mail in the next 10ish days. From that point I have to sign the letter, mail it back to them, and once it reaches the accounting department and they cut me a check it will take another 14 days to get my money back...

Think about how insane this is. It takes from Feb 4th to June 1st estimated money back. In order to cancel a policy and get your money back. It also took 4 phone calls regarding one single issue of getting this letter in the mail. This company is in the business of defrauding customers by wrongfully or dishonestly denying claims, and then punishing customers who just want to exit and get their money back. I intend on following up with the AGs of each state this company has a location in, for further investigation. Look at the 140 complaints just on this website with this business. This is egregious.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Worst warranty ever! I been trying to place a claim since beginning of February, 2. Month passed, every time I call they take half hour to finding me in their system and come up with an excuse on missing info, paper, bla bla bla, they tell me they will call me back. THEY NEVER DO! If I could go back on time I would not have my money wasted on trash service.

Original review: March 30, 2019

The customer service reps that I have talked to at GBS have been very nice. Having the warranty is very valuable. When my baby threw up on the sofa, GBS came right away and it was very quick. The gentleman who came out to clean the sofa was very nice, very informative, and professional. It was a good experience.

GBS Warranty Services response

Jade, your review is very important to us. We strive to provide top notch service to each and every one of our valued customers. We are happy to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations and look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I had to call multiple times to ever get an answer on my claim. The first time the claim was submitted but nothing ever happened until I called and confirmed it. Then I had to call to get an update on the claim status and was told it would be denied but was going to be reviewed. Never heard anything back until I called again a few weeks later and was told that they needed more images to confirm the status. I sent over the images and never heard anything back. Called a couple of weeks later and was told it had been approved for a replacement. It was ridiculous that I was never getting any notification of any of these decisions.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Becker, your feedback is appreciated. You called to file a claim on the punctures to the right arm of your sofa. We looked into obtaining the parts to process a part replacement. After receiving word that the items were unavailable, we immediately moved forward with a full replacement. The item has since shipped and shows completed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?

Original review: March 29, 2019

I had to call several times to get anything done. Several emails on the same thing I had to say and then I never did get called to let know what the outcome was. Took over 3 months. Nobody ever let me know what was going on. I had to call and find out.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Davis, your review is appreciated. You contacted us to report breakage to your ottoman. We requested photos so that we could review the damages and take the most effective action on servicing your furniture. Once the photos were received and reviewed, it was evident that the most cost-effective action was to replace the piece as the damages were beyond repair and covered under your protection plan. The work order was then sent to the dealer to process the replacement and, according to our records, as of the 18th March, the ottoman was shipped.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I bought my dining room table and 6 barstools from Ashley's Furniture. The sales rep sold us the 5 year warranty and explained that if anything happens to the table or chairs they will come out and fix it. If they can't fix it they will replace it. I just noticed a piece of wood chipped off my chair. I also had some scratches on my table. I was asked how did this happen and I told her that I do not know. I submitted my pictures.

Two days later I called again because no one reached out to me. The lady reviewed my claim and stated that my damages did not look accidental and there were multiple scratches. "We're not going to be able to help you." I asked to speak to a manager. At that point I'm very upset because that was not what I was told before buying the warranty. The manager told me the same thing. Why have a warranty if you get denied. I see a lot of people have this issue with this Company. They take your money and leave you hanging. Sales people lie to make a few extra dollars. Never again!

GBS Warranty Services response

GBS has taken the opportunity to review your claim. We would like to extend our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences you have experienced.

Although the plan covers for scratches or gouges that penetrate the finish, certain stains, and certain damages, these damages must be the result of a single incident. Damages or stains that have accumulated or built up over time are non-warranted under the plan's terms and conditions. Additionally, the coverage is limited to the damage or stain type that is listed under the "Plan Coverage" section for the correlating damages. Breakage of the wood is not a coverage that is offered by the plan and therefore damages relating to such are non-warranted. The plan is in a third parties name, therefore if any specific plan questions are requested or as per the notes, a request for a refund is desired, we ask that they contact us directly per the requirements of their plan's guidelines.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 28, 2019

Do not buy GBS Extended Warranty. Bought a extended warranty in 2015 through Haynes provided by GBS. There is a tear in the underside of footrest in reclining couch. GBS says they won't cover it. There is no exclusions in their terms as where the the tear is located. They are saying they will only cover the top of the furniture.

They approved claim first then said to submit serial number so I could get set up. They took all my info and then never contacted me. They had my email as **. I called back and they said claim was denied because the tear was not covered. I ask to speak to a manager and was put through to a team lead and he stated same thing that they don't cover the tear so asked for them to send me documentation stating that. So they sent it and it says it covers tears, rips, seam rips and punctures.

It does not state that it can't be on underside of furniture. Nowhere in the documentation does it state it has to be on top portion of couch. They are making it up as they go along. I responded through the email and they refused to correspond in writing. An automated response said I had to call to discuss it. Then when I called back and asked to speak to the manager they told me no one will override the decision. I said I didn't care and still wanted to to talk to someone. So they said I would have to wait until someone calls me. I also asked for the legal department and they stated you can't speak to anyone in the legal department, that I would have to email the same claims email and ask to be contacted. This place is shady and a joke.

Purchased reclining couch and love seat from Haynes in Newport News Va in December 2015 with GBS Extended Warranty for 279.99. I think it’s crazy that a place like Haynes would associate with such a shady company like this. I only bought the warranty because of Haynes recommendation. I am out $280 bucks and now my footrest is sagging because the foam is coming out of the tear. BBB rating is one star and their Facebook page only has complaints. GBS Enterprises/GBS Warranty Services, LLC. 550 Fairway Drive. Suite #205. Deerfield Beach, FL 33441. F: 888.447.5585.

GBS Warranty Services response

GBS would like to extend our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences you have experienced. We have taken the opportunity to review your claim. The damages that you reported for the USB port that was not working and a tear in the material. USB Port for accessory purposes is not a coverage that is offered by the plan and therefore damages relating to such are non-warranted. Regarding the the tear, it is standard that photos include the damaged area and serial numbers of the damaged furniture item. Photos that are submitted with all the necessary information help to avoid any delays in the claim process. All photo reviews are pending review for damages that are covered under the terms and conditions of the consumer's protection plan.

After reviewing the requested photos, the tears in the material were not of the upholstered leather, but of the decking or cambric used underneath which comes in contact with the internal mechanisms over time with usage. These areas of covering or material is non-warranted under you furniture protection plan. Based on you indicating that the leather is impacted, but not displayed in any of the attached photos submitted by you, we have assigned a technician to provide an assessment of the damaged area. Upon receipt of the technician's report, GBS will contact you with an update regarding your claim status.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 26, 2019

I have a GBS protection plan that covers wood and fabric issues. So far, I've filed two claims. One was for my chairs and the other claim was for my table. Both of them had stains and I wanted one of the maintenance guys to take a look at them. The rep I spoke with was very nice and friendly. While the person they sent out cleaned the stain on my chair, my requested service for the table was never completed. I thought I was getting a phone call within the next five days but it didn't happen. I thought I wasted money. It was disappointing and I wouldn't recommend them.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Gomez, your review is appreciated. You contacted GBS to report scratches to your table top as well as stains to two of your chairs. We sent a technician to bring the chairs back to factory standard, but the table was not examined or addressed during that visit. In light of this, we have assigned a technician to come out and address the damages to the table in order to fully satisfy your claim. You will be contacted shortly to set up an appointment date.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I called GBS Warranty Services a few months ago for a cleaning and their reps were fair. It took about a month for a tech to be dispatched because I had to call back to get everything squared away. Overall, it was a good experience. I would refer GBS but just make sure to know everything that’s included.

GBS Warranty Services response

Jelene, we appreciate your review. We are extremely proud and happy to know that we were able to step up and meet the mark when you were in need of our assistance. We appreciate your business.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 24, 2019

My experience with GBS Warranty Services is not very good. When I needed the sofa cleaned, they said that the insurance doesn’t cover it. I pay $115 for this insurance and GBS said the insurance pays for everything, but it doesn’t cover anything. I’m not happy. I don’t recommend this company.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Vasquez, thank you for your feedback. You contacted us because you noticed some loss of resiliency to your sofa and loveseat. During the call, we reviewed the terms of your protection plan with you and explained that loss of resiliency is non-warranted under the exclusion section of your protection plan.

We would be more than happy to provide some out of pocket avenues should you choose to pursue getting another opinion or possible unwarranted resolution.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 20, 2019

I bought a sofa/loveseat and obtained a GBS Warranty about 2 years ago with a five years protection. Few months ago after returning from military deployment, I noticed the loosing of the armrest and called for someone to come inspect it. I was told to upload pictures and later told to upload my receipts for payment. The customer care representatives was so rude and arrogant on the phone telling me they deny my claims because it was considered normal wear and tear - enforcing the fact they have the pictures to prove it. I even told her to send a representative to come take a look, but she cut me off and dropped the phone on me. Can you imagine that? This company is a scam.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Dore thank you for both your service and your review. You contacted GBS because of the missing buttons, color loss and tears to your sofa and loveseat. During the call, you were asked how and when the damages were noticed. You stated that the damages were noticed three weeks prior and that your “…son messed up the furniture from excess usage.” You were then asked to send in photos so that we could review the damages and proceed with the claim.

After the review, an email was sent to you explaining the deciding factor of your claim. You contacted GBS again for clarification and on that call, the agent that you spoke with politely and professionally explained that the damages displayed in the pictures show seam separation to numerous casings and the decorative buttons are gone from the casing of the loveseat. According to the terms and conditions of your protection plan, seam separation and the accumulation of damages and stains not from a single instance are considered non-warranted. Both calls that you placed to GBS were reviewed for quality purposes and listened to as we investigate any wrongdoing expressed by our customers when it comes to their interactions with our agents. In both instances, the agents answered and assisted you professionally and respectfully.

Should you choose to pursue the repairs to your sofa and loveseat, we would be more than happy to provide some out of pocket options to you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 19, 2019

I bought the GBS protection plan through Ashley Furniture for a sectional I purchased there. A few months later, I noticed a small tear in the fabric of the sectional. I was relieved at first, believing I could get this fixed since I had the protection plan, but this has turned into the worst customer service experience ever. I first submitted the service request through the GBS website and was told I would be contacted within 24-48 hours. When they failed to get in contact with me, I tried calling their direct number only to be told for days on end (over a week) that their systems were down and they couldn't take any claims until they were back up.

Eventually, we reached someone when the system was back up and submitted our claim. We were told they had to check to see if the item was available and they would get back to us. Again, no return call after a week, so we called back. We reached a different person who told us that they would have to send us a new piece of the sectional to replace the one with the tear. They said they would call us back, but never did. We called back again and were asked to send in a copy of the receipt, a copy of the warranty, pictures of the part numbers under the cushions, the SKUS, etc. etc. I think they were hoping I couldn't provide something so they could get out of it, but I had it all. SO, they said they were not going to send us the piece, but they were going to send us fabric in the mail. Once we got the fabric, they would send someone out to see if they could repair it with the fabric.

We waited and waited for the fabric and it never came. So, we called them back and they said, "Oh we are going to send the fabric on the 24th. Give it seven to 10 days." Two weeks later, no fabric and no phone calls. We called back and were told that they never sent the fabric on the 24th. By this point we were livid and told them to just cancel the protection plan and refund our money. They said ok, but it would take four to six weeks to get our refund. Six weeks later - nothing. So, we called a supervisor who told us they never received the cancellation request. So, she had us send an email directly to her requesting cancellation, which she confirmed receipt of. She said it would be another four to six weeks. Six weeks later - nothing. We called her again and she said she wasn't sure what happened and she would submit the cancellation again.

Finally, after another six weeks, what did we get in the mail? Not a refund check, but a letter stating that if we sign to release them from any further liability, then they would send us a refund check. Never were we told this. We were expecting a check. But, we signed the release a month ago, sent it back and are still waiting for said check to arrive. We submitted our claim at the beginning of October. It is now mid March and we are still waiting. This is by far the absolute worst customer service I have ever received in my life. DO NOT buy a warranty from this company EVER.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Kane, your review is appreciated. You contacted us about the tear to your sectional. After reviewing your claim and the photos of the damage, we initiated a part replacement. At the time that the part replacement was initiated, we were experiencing some system issues that hindered us from being able to proceed with the advancement of your claim. While we were waiting, you requested to be reimbursed for your protection plan and cease our attempts to fulfill the terms and conditions of your protection plan. We were able to process your compensation and closed the claim.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I have GBS warranty for indoor furniture and I needed our chaise to be cleaned. I called GBS and the rep was very nice, polite and helpful but nobody has called me to set up the appointment for them to come and clean our furniture. I have been using this service for a couple of times and they usually call me within a day or two but just this time, I don't know what happened. Still, I’m glad that I got this warranty. It has saved me. I would tell friends to definitely get this too.

GBS Warranty Services response

Our company values put customer satisfaction at the top of our list of priorities. We are committed to our customers and making sure that you experience the best service. We are glad to have been able to assist you numerous times in the past and look forward to serving you again.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 17, 2019

Juice was spilt on my chair and GBS Warranty Services sent people right away who tried to clean it but the stain just didn't come out. So I called and they were very attentive in the beginning. They said that they would do a replacement but I never heard from anybody again and it has been a couple of months already. Overall, my experience with GBS has been disappointing.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Paling, your review is appreciated. You contacted us about the beverage spill to the left arm rest of your recliner. We sent two technicians to address the stain and neither were able to correct the damages. We then proceeded to the next step in your claim by ordering parts. We have since contacted you via phone and email on two separate occasions with no response. Please contact us a s soon as time permits in order for us to promptly resolve your claim.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 14, 2019

We got a pet damage warranty protection from GBS Warranty Services and when our dog peed all over the furniture, I called them. My interaction with their customer service rep was not good. I told them to replace my top and bottom furniture because it smelled and it had a stain. I was told that GBS do not replace for smell. So, I had to keep calling over and over again to get an exemption. Then, instead of sending me both the top and bottom parts of the furniture, they sent me the bottom one only.

It took GBS three weeks to send a technician for my first request and when he came out, he sprayed some chemicals on the furniture but it did not get rid of the stain. GBS was not able to meet my expectation. I have notified them about it and I’m still waiting for the pieces. It has been two weeks already. The warranty is affordable and valuable but they have bad service. It was not the rep’s fault but the way they process their claim takes too long and they do not have attention to detail.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Williamson, thank you for your review. You contacted us about the pet damages to your sofa. We assigned a technician to address the damages and prior to the technician’s visit, you called and cancelled the work order. When asked if you wanted to reschedule, you confirmed that you did not (want to reschedule). Eight months later, you called back to report the odor of dog urine on the seat casing of that same sofa. In the exclusion section of your protection plan, odor is listed as one of the instances that is non-warranted.

We would be more than happy to provide some out of pocket options should you decide to continue with attempting to have the cores inspected. We cannot guarantee that this avenue will remove the odor, however, we are willing to extend the information at your expense.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I purchased the GBS furniture protection against accidental damage. I had a pet stain on my couch and I called GBS. They dispatched a service tech the next day to clean it. He answered all the questions, and he was in and out. He resolved the issue in 10 minutes. They scheduled the service conveniently, they were nice and they gave us more information on the services if we had any issues. The service was perfect. GBS is a great investment to pay the extra warranty on it and it will cover you for a very long time. I would definitely recommend them.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Giambra, we greatly appreciate your feedback.We are happy to hear that we were able to assist you and resolved your issues in a timely manner. We work very hard to meet expectations like yours and we’re happy to hear that we hit the mark!

Original review: March 9, 2019

I don’t plan to ever buy warranty services for my furniture ever again if the servicer is GBS. Not they are inept, lazy and have zero knowledge of their procedures. This the 3rd time my recliner has had to be repaired and every time the experience has gotten worse and worse! Longer and longer. Less responsive and less knowledgeable. It’s seems that they only have one or two people working there also! This time they took a month to get notified that a part was in stock and they called me today and told me they finally found it. But don’t know where they found it?! In the US or overseas! That they couldn’t tell me but they thought it will take another 3-6 weeks for it to be sent to me! Then they’re probably going to schedule one of their ridiculous service people to come and install it, which will probably take another 5 more weeks. So what, 3 months for a freaking plug?! Absolutely ridiculous. Will never work with these people again!

Original review: March 8, 2019

Below you will find the process I went through GBS. I called into Ashley Furniture on Monday Feb 25 for a pee stain (from our child). At the end of the call, I was provided case #**. They advised me that I would hear from someone in 3-5 days. Also, they told me not to clean the furniture because that would make the furniture null and void.

I called back into GBS on Friday March 1st. I wanted to see if someone was assigned to our case and what the status was. I was advised that whoever created the original case assigned this to someone that no longer services in Florida. Not sure why this would ever happen or why no one picked up this before I called into you guys again 4 days later. Either of which, I was then told it was routed to someone new. I asked how I could speed up the process. They said I could call All Furniture Services (the new routed company) so that is what I did. All Furniture said the earliest they could come to my house was on Wednesday March 6th or Wednesday March 13th. I of course took the earliest date because I wanted these pee stains removed as quickly as possible and on the 6th, it would have been 9 days at that time

All Furniture Services provided me a timeframe between 11-3 to arrive. They of course did not show up until 3:15. Also, I had to take the day off of work for this because I was under the impression since I had a warranty, they were coming over to actually clean the couch, not just take pictures in 5 minutes and leave. I called into GBS on 3/7 (mind you this is 10 days later) and had someone review the file real quick. They said the couch doesn’t meet the warranty because the pictures provided show the whole couch needed cleaned. I told them this is not what I was looking for. I don’t know why the whole couch was even taken into consideration. I called on Feb 25 for a reason. It was to service the middle couch that connects the chase and end couch. There was a pee incident and I needed it cleaned

All in all, after going back and forth with GBS and the warranty department, on Friday 3/8 I was told this is not going to be covered. Make sure to never purchase a plan from this company. I buy all furniture from Ashley Furniture but after going through this, not only will they lose me as a company, I will most likely never get a warranty on furniture again.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Wagner, thank you for your review. You contacted GBS to report a urine stain on your couch. We assigned a technician to the claim in order to have the damages reviewed and repaired, if warranted. The initial technician that was assigned to inspect your furniture no longer services Florida, and upon that realization (on the same day that you contacted us), we had already re-assigned your claim to another entity who’s contact information was provided to you upon your request.

The protection plan that you have for your furniture covers for single, accidental damages to the furniture that is reported within 30 days of noticing it (among other great benefits and coverage). It is not a cleaning service. When a technician is assigned to a claim, they are to primarily confirm the accuracy of the damages and, if warranted, they will attempt repair. If the damages are non-warranted under your protection plan, they are instructed to take photos and report back to GBS for further actions or instruction.

The photos that were taken by the technician display multiple stains along the back casing, the decking and the seat casings of the sofa. The tech report stated that there is an "accumulation of different stains all over," "the sectional needs a deep clean (by the customer) ...but some stains may not be cleanable."

Those damages were never previously reported to GBS and as such qualify as accumulation and are past the reporting time frame. Since the damages were non-warranted, the technician is then expected to take photos so that we can review the reason for which they do not service the piece (hence the photos that were taken and no repairs made during your visit.)

Your protection plan states: "This Plan does not eliminate the need for routine care and maintenance of Your Furniture which shall be Your sole responsibility." In other words, those stains would have to be serviced (professionally with the receipt or proof of this service) prior to us addressing the stain that the call was originally made for.

We would be more than happy to provide some out of pocket options should you choose to proceed with the repairs.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I had a GBS Warranty on my Ashley Gilmer Sofa that I purchased just over a year ago in Chicago. The sofa had a break in the frame and GBS sent someone out to review it to decide what to do. I had since moved to San Francisco and GBS determined that the break was to be covered by their own admission but stated that I was now out of the delivery area (after having moved). Because the repairs cost too much money and I was out of their undefined 'delivery area' (and even though they were willing to replace the full couch), they told me that they would not be covering this.

They told me I could get it fixed on my own cost but that they would only cover future warranty repairs (even though its apparently out of the delivery range so that makes no sense). They offered me no other means to make me whole. They could have offered to cover the cost up to the couch's value (as their limit of liability states) or just performed the repairs anyways.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Klein, your feedback is greatly appreciated. You contacted us to report frame damage to your sofa. During that time, we were made aware of an address change. After the pricing for the repairs came back to us from the technician that went to inspect and possibly repair the item, we were made aware that you were out of the service area which then exhausted all other avenues. We will be getting in contact with you shortly to discuss the remaining details of your claim.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I got an indoor furniture protection and when the frame broke in the same place twice, I called GBS for a service request. It was easy submitting a claim and the rep arranged for someone to come and fix the furniture. I got a phone call from GBS and that was smooth. I had no issues. They were able to dispatch someone out in 10 days. My dad was present when the first technician came in October and a different one came for the second time in January. The wooden frame that the fabric stretches over was spliced together where it should have either been one long piece or overlapped better. The second guy glued it, nailed it and wrapped it. He did extensive effort so as not to come back. So far, the frame is good. GBS was a reliable option and it was worth the trouble to use it.

GBS Warranty Services response

Lori, we appreciate your review! Your response is a testimony to the great benefits that our protection plans offer when utilized properly. We aim to provide all of our customers with exceptional service and are happy to have met the mark!

Original review: March 2, 2019

So I purchased a sectional in May of 2017, I have 2 small children so went with the 5yr protection plan, it clearly says what is and isnt covered! It's February 2019 and my handle on my non electronic recliner has broken off leaving metal wires exposed in the crack of the couch as well as a triangular piece with nails sticking out coming from the frame of the chaise! I called to originally make a claim for the recliner handle (the most used seat on the couch) and priority for the claim, the lady taking my claim asked if I wanted to include anything else that may be covered under the protection plan, so I included some newly added yogurt stains from my toddler, (you have to tell them when the accidents occurred and in the plan contract it says within 30 days) why not knock out 3 birds with one stone!

So I made my claim, scheduled an appointment with a technician within 2 weeks, Wednesday at 6:40pm, the day before my appointment at 8am, I received a text from the third party company that one of their techs car broke down so I have to change my appointment time to later time in the day bc they have a tech coming from Miami (3-4hrs away) to arrive between 2-5pm. When originally I choose the first available apt 8-10am so I could be there, it was fine I adjusted my schedule and had my sister stay at my house to let the tech in. So she tells me the tech gets there around the new scheduled time, knocks on the door, doesn't introduce himself, or what company hes from. Nothing! Just says hi, "I'm here for the couch", he looks over the couch, Tells him what is broken and needs fixed, he takes literally, one maybe 2 pictures, leaves goes out in his car to "make a report".

The guy literally was at my house for maybe 15 mins, 10 of it sitting in his car making up this report! Just says he needs to do my report, doesn't even tells me I need to get back to the protection company to find out the status of my claim or anything. I called back the next day to find out the status of my claim, they say, "Oh, we haven't received the report yet from the technician." So I'm like, "Okay, he was in the car sending a report why hasn't it been sent in yet?!" So she says, "Call back Monday and they should have the status of your claim." I gave it the weekend and Monday and called back on Tuesday. They still said they hadn't received the claim and to call by the end of the week.

It's Friday 3/1/19, a week and a day since I had the tech to my house, I call to find out the status of my claim and the lady on the phone says, "Oh I'm sorry but your claim was denied! The tech deemed your couch unrepairable. Took "17" pictures that shows stains all over the couch and an accumulation of wear on the couch so we were unable to approve your claim!" At this point I'm livid! The woman worded it in such a way that made it seem like my couch was so filthy thats why they couldn't fix it! HELLO!! The couple yogurt spots from my toddler is not why I made this claim! But because I included it in the claim process, basically my couch is filthy and can't be fixed!!!

So the lady on the phone says she will she need to speak to her lead about my handle and frame problem, puts me on hold for like 10 mins, finally comes back on the line and says, "oh, he said he will make an exception, if you get your couch professionally cleaned and provide a receipt for your cleaning then, we will proceed with fixing your handle and frame of your couch on the claim!!! WHAT!?!?!? What does it have to do with fixing my handle and frame of my chaise?! These people are lazy and just want to take your money and not do the work!!!

A pointless $250 protection plan on my 2500 section! I have gone through other furniture protection plans and was provided exceptional customer service, with multiple couch cleanings and repairs. This was by far the most unprofessional and customer serviceless experience I have ever dealt with, coming from the customer service industry! Pure laziness and full of excuses! Do not go with GBS warranty services, unless you want to waste money on a pointless warranty service!!

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Lindsey, your feedback is appreciated. You called into GBS to make a claim on your sectional for the frame damage. When asked if there was anything else that you would like to report, you added the milk and yogurt stains from your son. Though both items are covered under your protection plan, it is imperative that you report those damages (warranted spot stains) within 30 days of noticing them, rather than letting them pile over time, resulting in accumulation which is non-warranted. The damages to the frame are also covered but since there is an accumulation on the sofa from everyday use, we offered that we would take care of the frame damage once you are able to address the accumulation on the sofa, which is a standard good faith gesture we offer to customers in your specific predicament.

Your protection covers single, accidental instances which need to be reported within 30 days of noticing them. You can call and add as many additional stains/instances to the claim between the time you initially called us and the day the technician arrives to address the damages and all the stains will be accounted for and covered. If, however, the stains happen over an extended period and are reported after the fact, that is non-warranted accumulation. Likewise if there are two damages that are reported simultaneously, instead of denying both because of one (non-warranted), we will often compromise and cover the underlying damages if our customer is willing to cover for the acquired accumulation.

Should you decide to accept the terms under which GBS would cover the frame damage, please contact us so that we can move forward with the repairs following the spot cleaning of the milk and yogurt stains.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I have spent over $600 on their protection plans from Ashley Furniture, I had a problem with my kids coloring on my sofa covers and placed a claim in October 2018. They have not helped me whatsoever. I have called over 20 times and they can't find the claim and act like they will help then no help, they are a ridiculous company and a huge waste of money. I have filed a complaint with the better business bureau and have demanded my money back. If I have to get an attorney I will for my next step.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Morgan, thank you for your review. You contacted us for the markings to multiple seat casings, the bedding of your sofa and water damage to the USB of your night stand. Once we received the photos that we requested from you, the damages displayed are an accumulation and buildup of multiple occurrences over time. Also, USB ports are also non-warranted under the protection plan.

Should you decide to have the damages repaired, we would be more than happy to provide you with some out of pocket options for technicians in your area.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I have a small, 1/2 inch, tear on my reclining sofa foot rest just purchased 4 months ago. Per Ashley Home Funiture's warranty tears, punctures and rips are covered. I sent photos along with a copy of the warranty and GBS is denying stating fabric is missing. This "rip" "tear" can close together. I discussed with the representative if the policy states tears what is GBS definition of this word to them. The dictionary says tear means, rip or torn something apart or to pieces. Come on GBS and Ashley Furniture honor your warranty. Worst furniture store and worst warranty I have ever been subjected too. Stay away from both of these terrible companies.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Ellis, we appreciate your feedback. You contacted us to report a tear to the footrest of your reclining sofa. We requested that you send in photos of the damage so that we can have a better understanding of the location and coverage of said damages should we need to take further action. In the photo that you sent, rather than a tear, there is a hole on the footrest with missing material.

A tear can be professionally put back together by a technician and has no missing materials in between. That is the reason that we would cover for a tear (depending on the protection plan coverage and the material) and not a hole.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I called GBS Warranty Services, Deerfield Beach, Florida in Dec. 2018 and filed a claim to have a serious scratch repaired to my dining room table. The technician came out and took a picture of the scratch I pointed out then proceeded to take several picture of the entire table top. There are some minor scratches on the table top but they were not part of the claim. We only wanted the one major scratch repaired. I never heard from the company so I called on Feb. 25, 2019 and was told the claim had been denied. They said the scratch could not be repaired since there were other scratches and gouges on the table top. The table was manufactured to make it look distressed with nicks and marks which were done on purpose. Do not buy furniture at Ashley Furniture or another company that has warranty protection from this GBS Warranty Services. All they do is take up your time by sending a tech out then deny the claim.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Paulsen, your review is appreciated. You contacted us about a scratch mark to your table. We sent a technician out to review the damages and carry out a repair (if warranted). Instead, the technician took photos of the table and left without any repairs being done. Your protection plan covers for single, accidental incidents that are reported within 30 days of you noticing the damage. The other scratches on the table were never reported and because some are overlapping the damage in question they would have to be addressed before we could move forward with the scratch that you reported. According to the terms of your agreement, “This Plan does not eliminate the need for routine care and maintenance of Your Furniture which shall be Your (the customer’s) sole responsibility.”

We would be more than happy to provide you with some information should you choose to pursue the repairs prior to us servicing the reported damage. However, that would be an out of pocket expense.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Over the past 16 months, we have tried to get GBS to honor a claim that is clearly covered by the furniture protection plan (exact claim details are clearly spelled out in the warranty brochure) that was sold to us by Ashley Furniture in Knoxville, TN. We have been given the royal runaround, calling multiple departments, sending pictures, etc. Finally, GBS denied our claim, deeming it "accumulated wear and tear." According to the Better Business Bureau, that's what GBS tells everybody whose claim is denied!

We finally gave up on the claim and asked for a full refund of the furniture protection plan. GBS said they would e-mail us a form to complete and return for a full refund. That did not happen, but we received a Release of Claims form via regular snail mail 3 months later! In this form, GBS offered us a refund $39.02 of the $1230 premium we paid for a five-year protection plan, although we were only 16 months into the contract. Those are pretty good terms if you can get somebody to sign up. No thank you. I will NOT be signing this form, and you will continue to be liable for everything covered in my insurance plan for the duration of the five-year contract, even if it takes a lawsuit!

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Smith, thank you for your review. You contacted GBS because of the scratches to the bottom of both your dresser and bed frame. We sent a technician to inspect and possibly repair the damages. According to the photos and the report, there is a buildup of scratches that have happened over time on both pieces of furniture. This buildup of damages is referred to as accumulation and is non-warranted under your protection plan.

The amount that was reflected in the Release Of Claims, is the remaining prorated amount based on the $129.99 that you paid. This process is standard procedure as outlined in your protection plan.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I submitted a claim in November 2018 (it's now Feb 2019). I heard nothing. I called after the holidays only to find there was no record of my original claim so I refiled. They gave me some options for a date, a choose one but got no time frame afterwards as I expected. It ended up being something that wouldn't work for me (they only tell you the day before), so I canceled and they said I could just send pictures to an email. I did so, heard nothing. Called back they didn't get the pictures. Sent them again which worked. The agent said he "saw the peeling you're talking about" and checked the value of the table, then said it would be easy to just replace it.

Asked for a picture of the full piece which I didn't have at that moment, so he said it would be fine to send later and call back. I did that, and they said I would be hearing back about the replacement in the next couple of days since the claim was complete. The next day I received an email siting that the peeling would not be covered because it was "accumulation of stains/damage". There was never a point in the process where that wasn't the conversation I had with the rep on the phone, but they time and again told me it would be replaced.

I called back to be told that everything I had been told before was incorrect and there was nothing they could do. Absolutely ridiculous. The piece should be replaced just for the very fact that this company is so incapable of providing a clear message to its customer. Such a roundabout waste of time and I will be following up to resolve this.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Sweetser, we appreciate your feedback. You contacted GBS about the peeling of the finish on your cocktail table. After reviewing your call, you were told that the table would be replaced based on the agent’s experience. Your claim was since deemed non-warranted due to the accumulation of the damages that cannot be attributed to one single occurrence. As a good faith gesture, we are in the process of revising your claim and retrieving some information in order to move forward with a resolution. You will be contacted shortly.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I purchased the GBS warranty to clean the couches if anything happens. One time, the dog peed on the couch, so I called GBS for a service request, but they took forever to come out. I kept having to call back. First, they said they were gonna have somebody and that they would get a hold of me. I waited for several days, but nobody called back. I called back again and they said it was processing. Finally, after several times, it was resolved and somebody was sent to my house. The technicians that came out did fine and I was satisfied with the service.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Gallegos, we appreciate your feedback. We’re listening and appreciate you taking time to report your recent experience.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I got a protection plan from GBS Warranty Services for my bed that goes up and down and when I called them for a service request when it got stuck, the customer service rep was very nice. I had to have something pretty quick since I had no bed to sleep in because I have to sleep being up in the bed and when it stopped, it was down straight. A technician came the very next day. He looked at the bed, fooled around with it for a little bit and he found the problem. He then fixed it and left. The GBS protection plan has met my expectations so far. They were very good and they did a great job.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Whitehorn, thank you for your review. We value our customers' experiences and treat each case with the upmost care and urgency. We are glad that we were able to quickly resolve your issue and we appreciate your business.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My sofa recliner had a cushion collapse as well as recliner. Lift mechanism would not close properly. My wife contacted this company twice but could never get a claim number. She was always told she would get a call back. Never happened. Just a scam.Then I was told by their non customer service that she never called. I was in the room with her during one call. I have phone records. I called. After nearly one hour on the phone I finally had a claim number. I had to send an email in with copy of my purchase receipt which I guess they thought I wouldn't have. Never received a confirmation email. Now I'm waiting on a call back. Which I hope will happen but given my previous experience with this company I seriously doubt this will happen. If not I guess my next step will be to contact State Attorney General's office. Save you money and the headache. Don't buy their warranty.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Miller, we value your review. You contacted us about the squeaking and asymmetry to your recliner. We sent a work order for a technician to take a look at the damages that were reported as a courtesy because squeaking (noises) and asymmetry (loss of resiliency) are non-warranted under your protection plan.

We contacted the tech company and are currently awaiting the report from the visit which has been appointed for today, 2/28/19.

GBS Warranty Services expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GBS provides mattress and furniture protection services to over 200 mattress and furniture retailers across the United States. The company also manufactures sleep products under the brand names of Healthy Sleep Cool-Tech and Healthy Sleep Ultra-Tech, which include temperature regulating blankets, pillows, sheets and mattress protectors. GBS offers three levels of furniture protection plans: premium, premium with power, and premium with power, mechanisms and frames.

• Accidents only furniture protection plan: This plan protects furniture from accidents such as spills, grass, mud, rips and heat marks. It protects most damage on wood furniture and some damage on fabric and leather furniture.

• Plus power furniture protection plan: This plan includes all the benefits of the accidents only furniture protection plan, along with protection against motor and mechanical failure.

• Plus power, mechanisms & frames protection plan: This is the highest tiered plan and covers everything the other plans cover along with frame and mechanism breakdowns.

• Additional programs: GBS also provides protection for outdoor furniture, area rugs and adjustable bases.

• Dispatch and claims process: When customers purchase furniture protection from GBS, they’re guaranteed friendly and quick dispatch licensed and insured technicians to fix or repair the problem. If the problem cannot be fixed, GBS will replace the damaged item.

• Best for: furniture retailers and families

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs