1.1/5 (35 ratings)

About GBS Warranty Services

GBS Enterprises sells furniture warranties with comprehensive coverage. You can add on its protection plans, which offer nationwide home repair services for a multitude of damages, when you buy your merchandise through many major furniture companies.

Pros

• Comprehensive coverage
  • Nationwide in-home repair service
  • U.S.-based service centers

Cons

• Nontransferable coverage
  • No direct-to-consumer availability

Bottom Line

GBS sells warranties for furniture issues not covered by manufacturers, such as stains and rips. Its plans are sold with merchandise and are not available for direct purchase. Technicians service or replace covered items.

GBS Warranty Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

Do not purchase this extended warranty service through Ashley furniture. They are completely deceiving and do not cover many of the things that the contract states they will cover. They refer to everything as 'wear and tear' and therefore not covered. I had bubbling on my table. That is not wear and tear. They took my money and do not follow their own policies. They don't care for their customers and their $800 warranty is a scam and complete waste of money.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

Bought their coverage for my furniture when I got it from Ashley. When buying the service they make it sound so easy and helpful and that you don't have to worry about anything, "they got you covered", but in reality when you call for assistance, they make up all kind of excuses and ** to make you disqualify from the protection plan coverage. They were never helpful, and never covered our furniture. Every time we call they give us the runaround. Basically, they only want your money. Stay away and don't waste your time and money with them.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I'm completely unsatisfied with this service. This is for sofa set purchased from Ashley Furniture. I paid for coverage and can't even use it because I reported it outside of the 30 day window from which I discovered the damage which is just an excuse and a loophole. This plan was a total waste of money.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I purchased a warranty plan for a sectional sofa two years ago. When I finally needed to use it for cleaning I got the run around to have a tech come service the sofa. After three days later from the original date a tech came just to do nothing at all but say he has to put in a report to corporate to comeback. Four days later I called to get an update. I was told that only my chaise will be serviced and not the rest of the sofa. In the warranty it states that the damage on the sofa is covered in the warranty. I will never purchase another warranty with this company and I advise no one else to as well.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I purchased swivel chairs from Ashley Furniture and the 5 year warranty from GBS. After about 1.5 years, both chairs failed. I have contacted GBS 16 times over the past four months and provided all pictures/explanations on five different occasions. I've been told that the vendor (Ashley Furniture) didn’t register the warranty (they had). I’ve been told that the warranty was for indoor furniture only (Ashley confirmed that it was for outdoor furniture). I’ve been told that a claim was manually entered on three different occasions, only to find that I needed to start the entire process over again when I called because there was no record of our conversations. Each time, they say they will follow up, but they never do. Every 2-3 weeks, I have to go through the entire process all over again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I purchased a lift recliner from Ashley Furniture and got the 5 year GBS Enterprise Protectall furniture insurance figuring I was covered if my chair ever had issues. One of the springs that controlled the foot rest retract broke. So called the furniture insurance company and put in a claim. They rejected it right off but then reconsidered since the mechanism controlled the foot rest. Their technician arrived and looked at it and said yes he would order the springs and then when it arrived we needed to call to schedule an appointment for him to return. Simple fix and he would replace the spring on the other side also.

Well the very next day I got an email saying they denied our claim. And guess what the technician couldn't be reached to question him. No business card was provided. So that was it. We won't bother with this rip off company anymore, they have horrible ratings and I will report to Ashley Furniture what a bad deal it is. So we're going to find a business that actually has someone who can repair a lift chair recliner or I won't do business with them.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I took out the warranty because I was told that the frame and motors would be covered on my sectional. I noticed a tear one day in the fabric and after looking on the underside I found that one of the metal springs/support had actually snapped in half. Still in my warranty period but they are refusing to cover it because the fabric is dirty. Whether the fabric is dirty or not (which it isn’t) the actual frame of the sofa has failed me.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Horrible service, I would never do business with them and would certainly would not recommend. Customer service rep denied some damage on a sofa because they are multiple punctures on the fabric and they don't cover multiple instances, when I asked what is the meaning, he said it has to be just one puncture or tear, not multiple, so basically if you have an accident make sure it is only one hole or one puncture or they assume it is a pet or a shark attack. Claim denied based on assumptions, not what I was explaining happened. Contacted a manager and it seem they read from the same "script" making assumptions that the damage was done by a pet/shark based on a photo. They will make any excuse on the rainbow to not honor their supposedly warranty. Waste of money and time.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I purchased a warranty plan for furniture that I purchased from Ashley Furniture 2 years ago. I have been attempting to file a claim for over 3 months now and I cannot get ANYONE to return a call or a email. I am growing increasingly frustrated with this company. I paid $300 for this warranty and to not be able to get a hold of ANYONE is very aggravating. If I had to do it all over again, I would not have purchased this service.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I bought furniture from Ashley Furniture and they sold me 5 years protection plan. Now, I called for the damages and they are not honoring that. They don't even bother or even send someone to check and simply denied it's normal wear and tear. I would recommend not but these kind of protection plans. It's complete wastage of money. They just set up a call center in FL but no authority to do anything.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

In August 2019 I purchased a sleeper sofa and added a 5 yr protection plan by GBS. I filed a claim on 10/20/2021 and received a disapproval in less than 2 minutes. I contacted the company by telephone immediately and my claim was also disapproved then. My claim was for where the family cat had urinated on the couch. When the incident happened we tried our best to clean it using over the counter products. I removed the stains but the odor remains. I was told that because there were no stains that it was not covered. It clearly states in the product that the coverage includes damage from pet bodily fluids. It also asks you during the claim process if you did anything to try to correct the issue, which I told them I had used OTC products to clean the area.

This company is all about playing on words in order to disapprove claims. I then asked the lady to cancel my remaining contract nd refund the remaining funds. She said she needed the invoice, which had been included with my claim. She told me that since the invoice was handwritten that they could not accept it as proof. It seems that this company has the answer for anything that would cost them a penny out of their pocket. This company is nothing more than a scam to rip people off. DO NOT PURCHASE A WARRANTY FROM GBS.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I got my couches last year in October. It’s been a year. I called and let them know that couches cushions are sinking in and it has stains. They got all my information and they put everything in just so they can tell they can’t do anything because it was build up. How the hell is build up. Really upset that they charge $150 and they tell me they can’t help. Not worth on getting warranty so the can tell you it’s not covered. Ashley Furniture clearly tells you get the warranty all stains are covered. Some people buy stuff with a lot effort so companies can pretty much steal your money.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

If by any chance a furniture co. offers you a coverage with GBS protection decline it. It is worthless. I called to report a problem with a couch that I bought at Ashley furniture 2 years ago, the insurance was for 5 year protection. The frame has twisted due to faulty craftsmanship? And they wanted to know when this first happened. After I started going to my chiropractor weekly for having a twisted back he saw the defect in the couch.

When I reported this to GBS they asked how long has it been going on "pick an exact date". I told her I did not know but for the sake of argument I picked June 19th since that was the first time I saw my chiropractor for the first time in a long time. She said they would not honor that claim since I did not report it in the first 30 days of happening. Couches deteriorate slowly, and the frame subsides slowly, it did not break. Now I have to pay Ashley Furniture to fix my couch with my money. DO NOT BUY GBS PROTECTION, BEWARE.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I paid for the 5 year protection plan that covers absolutely everything. Rips, tears, stains, structural damage, accidental damage, parts and mechanisms, etc for my sectional sofa. It has been impossible to get someone on the phone. I have been told they will not cover because they do not cover frames, yet it is clearly stated in my plan paperwork that frames and structural damage is covered. Also, I am not even 100 percent sure the problem is a frame. All I know is I heard a loud pop on the couch and it now sits lower. This is accidental damage to a part or mechanism of the sectional. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was disconnected. I will continue to write reviews and complain to everyone I know about this company until this is resolved. I paid for the coverage and want the protection!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I sent GBS pictures of the disintegrated mattress cover and original invoice, which proved it was purchased at same time as Tempur-Pedic mattress. At the time, I was told that only this mattress cover could be used to keep the validity of the mattress warranty. After multiple follow up attempts, GBS finally refused to honor the warranty claim because they said the product label wasn’t visible in the pictures. I had already thrown out the disintegrated mattress cover, which made a huge mess in my bedroom. I explained to them in advance that I had already thrown out the mattress cover, but GBS instructed me to proceed and send in all the evidentiary documents. Poor product, poor service, lots of wasted time trying to follow up on warranty due to their unresponsiveness.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Hi, We purchased a furniture protection plan with an Ashley couch. Kids at our home were crafting decorations for a birthday party and ripped a couch with a box cutter accidentally. We called GBS for the protection plan. My wife whose first language is not English filed the claim. First an agent denied it saying it was frayed not cut, but the photos clearly showed it was a cut. We spoke to supervisor named Erica, she first claimed she will review call and get back. After reviewing a one hour call, she got back saying it was denied because my wife used a word 'play' instead of 'craft project'. She also asked me to take responsibility of my wife if she does not know English. She was unprofessional and racist. Also, she told me that she is the only supervisor and I cannot complain about her to anyone. They use tactics to fish for words to deny the call. English is not the first language for my wife and I, and it seems racist to pick on words to deny claim.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Please do not buy this warranty. If I could give a rating of (-5 stars) I would. I paid extra money for a 5 year warranty from this company GBS that my sales rep sold to me. Now 2 years later when I need my nightstand and dresser drawer repaired my claim has been declined by GBS. I am now being told they will not repair the damage because it’s more than 1 scratch and the damage appears to be normal wear and tear. However, I was told by my sales rep this warranty would cover any damages on my bedroom set. (DO NOT BUY THIS EXTENDED WARRANTY.) It’s a complete waste of time and money, nothing will be covered when you call in to make a clam despite what your sales rep is telling you.

I am so disgusted with both Ashley furniture and GBS at this point. I was never given the warranty info the day I purchased the furniture to know what would be covered or not covered. When I asked for a copy to review for my records I was told GBS had not sent any to the location for customers at this time. I will never buy anything from Ashley Furniture again. I paid over $3500 for poor quality cheaply made furniture that will most likely need to be replaced within 5 years of buying it. This company and its warranty is not worth your time or money. This has been a horrible experience that I would not want anyone else to have to ever go through. BUYER BEWARE….

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

This warranty is a scam. I purchased a sectional sofa with an oversized ottoman from Ashley Furniture at Naperville including a five-year a full coverage PREMIUM plan (ProtectAll By GBS). At the time of purchasing the furniture, I asked the sales person if the ottoman is strong enough as it seems that is not, he said any issue with the frame will be covered by a protection plan. After less than 18 months, the ottoman decking started to go down. I filed a claim to the GBS Warranty Services.

An assessor visited the furniture and said the frame material is defective. It is supposed to have strips under deck to support it and avoid this issue, he said. But this is my observation, the company must make a decision to repair it and replace it. But after a week I got an email that denied my claim. GBS says "Decking Damage – Per the terms and condition of your protection plan decking damage is not listed as coverage on your protection plan and as a result is deemed non-warranted.". It is such a ridiculous excuse. There is no explanation for not covering decking damage in warranty policy as well as Ashley's website. The assessor also verified this is the furniture issue.

Then I went to Ashley to find my sales person that I couldn't find. I talked to another sales person and explained the issue but he said you must follow it up with the GBS Warranty and Ashley is not responsible for that. I asked him why you sell something that you know will be damaged very soon because of the lack of quality. Finally, after a long conversation, his point was that this is kind of Ashley's policy to keep the cost low by sacrificing furniture's quality. They also outsource warranty to a 3rd party to deviate customers' dissatisfaction from their company.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

On my 2 month old couch, I had an incident where I keep all 5 my grandkids at one time. 1 of them wrote on back of couch with markers while I was changing a diaper (and I got peed on doing that), 1 running across it with dirty hands from eating, and other jumping and peed on himself. Since all happened at night I called next day. I was Told that since it was all over couch it was considered accumulation, they only do spot treatment and it was not covered.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Sandra, we appreciate your review. You claim and photos were reviewed, and it was determined that you have an accumulation of damages. The protection plan that you purchased does not cover accumulation. You would need an overall general cleaning. This is something that would have to be paid at an out of pocket expense. We are more than happy to provide you with technician referrals in your area. Thank you for being our customer.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

We purchased a sectional leather couch from Ashley Furniture. Sales rep said we should definitely purchase the warranty just in case. I asked about the damage it would cover to the sales Rep before buying the warranty. He said it would cover all accidents to the couch. Well, we had an accident with one of our grandkids taking a knife to the couch. It ripped it in 3 places. I took some leather tape to hold it together and filed a claim. GBS denied the claim saying because I put tape on it they will not cover it. They also denied because it was not normal wear.

The reason people buy accident protection plans are for accidents!!! I am a business owner myself and would never operate my business like this. I cannot believe they denied my claim. After looking the company up I see this is normal for GBS. Ashley Furniture is a part of this corrupt selling of warranties. I will never buy from them again. They should not be associated with a company that is so dishonest! I hope I can help even one person not go to this furniture store and especially not purchase an accident protection warranty.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I tried to explain to them my situation and although the contract is covering for cuts and tears, when I submitted the pictures they easily denied and I could sense how they were coming up with nonsense reasoning to wash their hand. Don't waste your money for them.

Resolution response: Dec. 10, 2021

This was resolved quickly by Ashely furniture. I am confused as to who sent the part though. I contacted Ashely about sending it back to them but they never got back to me. Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

I purchased a warranty with GBS when I bought a recliner with Ashely Furniture in 2020. A year and half later (July 1st 2021) the headrest motor stopped working and it was stuck in a forward position which made it extremely uncomfortable for our necks. I contacted GBS and filed a claim. A tech was sent out by one their contractors who advised the motor needed to be replaced. GBS said the motor would arrive at my home in 2 weeks. Well that never happened. I gave them another week and called and asked why hasn't it arrived. They said no that's not the case, parts take up to 4 weeks. The part never came so I called again and was advised the part will arrive on 8/26/2021 and she promised. I said thank you bc my husband has been in the hospital since 8/3 and it would nice if he had a comfortable chair to sit in when he return home. It's the only chair we have In our living room.

The part never arrived. I gave them 2 more days and then called again. They said, "We don't know when it will come. You need to call Ashley furniture." I called Ashley who said it's GBS responsibility. They contacted GBS for me and said someone would call me from GBS IN 2 DAYS. NO CALL. CRICKETS. I called and the staff didn't know anything, didn't know what was up with the part, said she would escalate to a supervisor. Again Crickets. So I emailed the company. A person got back to me and said a supervisor contacted the retailer and is waiting on a answer? Of course no follow up on them even after I emailed her back and told her I was contacting the Better Business Bureau and the insurance commission. Still no response. I have filed a complaint with BBB.

What frustrates me is that I will have to wait several days for a response to BBB by GBS and they will probably say a part will arrive in a few weeks and so the cycle continues. And I'm out of 150.00 for a useless warranty and over 800 for a recliner We cannot use. Very upset right now. My husband has been very ill for a while now and to have to go back and forth and be treated like a non person is very upsetting and hurtful. We don't have the money to go out and replace this very expensive recliner. My husband will be out of work for months recovering.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I purchased furniture on May 29, 2021 from Ashley Furniture in San Antonio TX and purchased a furniture protection plan (warranty) from GBS Warranty Services. At the time I was given a few basic details regarding the warranty but received no brochure or information in writing regarding the terms and conditions of the warranty I was told by ashley that they had not received brochures from gbs. I assumed that I would receive the warranty information when the furniture was delivered on 8/21/2021 (it was on backorder).

On 8/21/2021 the delivery people explained that they were not provided the document to give to me so I visited ashley homestore on 8/22/2021 to obtain a brochure as having a warranty with no documentation is worthless as they could state that anything that occurs would not be covered and I would have no recourse. Again I was told that ashley had no brochures provided from gbs. I contacted gbs this week via phone (week of Aug 28, 2021) and have emailed several times but have received only a promise via text by a representative that someone would call me asap. I only got a text response because I gave a dissatisfied rating of their customer service via text when they initiated.

I called ashley customer service on 8/27/2021 and explained to the representative that I want to cancel the warranty from gbs that ashley furniture had sold me and was told that I needed to visit the ashley store in person to get the cancellation and refund. I visited ashley homestore 8/28/2021 and was told by a manager that they cannot cancel the warranty after the furniture is delivered-so now I am attempting to see what can be done through ashley corporate office. I was also told that if I disputed the charge for the gbs portion of the ashley invoice I would be "Sent to collections."

This has been a nightmare so far and a horrible experience from a customer standpoint. I will be contacting corporate for ashley furniture 8/30/2021 to see what they can do for me. Gbs is a joke. If I can't even get a brochure for the warranty purchased how would I ever know that it had to be cancelled before the furniture is delivered? Signed....A very dissatisfied customer.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I have been a Ashley customer for a long time. Be aware of the extended warranty Ashley pushes on customers to buy. Nothing is covered, it's unacceptable customer service and dishonest business model. They had sent technicians to my home that said an item needed to be replaced, and I had to call weeks later to see where my items was to realize the claim was denied. The customer service is a noisy office in another country where they don't know how to give you a detailed explanation but "that's not covered" even though it in the list of things that are covered. It is unacceptable service and dishonest business.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

Per the furniture warranty I purchased they covered "gouges that penetrate solid surfaces". I submitted a claim ** with a 14" long 1 mm deep gouge on the nickel plating solid surface of my bar stool. They said it was normal wear and tear. It would be as if someone keyed your car and your insurance company stated this was normal wear and tear. That's how egregious their oversight of this warranty is.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

This warranty is a scam. I was told it covered tears, rips, burns and single marks as is quoted on their website and Ashley Furnitures sales pitch. Two years later I reported three tears in the cushion covers. I called to have s them replaced and was told the tears were not covered because the tear was in the seam...WHAT? That's the most likely place it would happen. Do not waste your money. These people are CROOKS.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I cannot describe to you how terrible my experience with this company has been. After purchasing many items through Ashley's, paying for their premium warranty, it's been 2 years and GBS is to accept my claim. To be honest this is an issue with both Ashley's and GBS. I purchased two large rugs And Ashley's explain to me through GBS that they cover just about everything, fraying, staining, striation and pattern. This however is not true.

After about 3 months with the rugs, we noticed a lot of these issues starting to occur and after months of arguing with Ashley's, we decided to never shop there again, but always held on to hope that GBS would help us when we really needed it. This was an incorrect assumption. I literally just got off the phone with a GBS agent And to my genuine surprise, the very rude agent refused to help me. She had me go through the whole process only to at the very end tell me that my claim would be denied. The manufacturing damage was due to Ashley's, but the staining and cleaning should have been handled by GBS which it was not and for a certain will not be. I paid for a 5-year service plan and now I'm left with nothing. They do not cover literally anything having to do with the rugs, only light staining. What a terrible rip off and a terrible company.

Original review: July 24, 2021

I spent over 20,000 with Ashley Furniture, bought their 5 year warranty, that was supposed to cover damages, base. When I try to have some of damage taken care of they did not warranty any of them, so I have a dinner table and chair, office desk and chair that they will not honor, I will not buy anything else from them and definitely not that warranty. I so upset with them, I use to love their furniture, until it's time to use the warranty.

Original review: July 21, 2021

I have had claim after claim, total of 6 on same recliner since 2017 when we purchased it from Ashley. All issues have been eventually resolved until now. In April we noticed a rip in one of the recliners. Called to file claim, who determined after reviewing pics was seam separation covered under manufacturer's warranty only...they referred me to outside vendor to repair at my expense. A tech came out and stated was not seam separation but rip and would be covered by extended warranty. I immediately called and talked to supervisor who I sent work order from tech, he agreed it was a rip and would order parts, allow 4-6 weeks to receive and then call for tech to come out to install... After month and nothing, I call to inquire. They say cancelled order 2 days after placed due to no part number, wth...

I take pic of part number and attach to text they sent.. After few weeks and no reply, I call to be told parts discontinued...I'm like now what? They say have to put in request for credit...weeks, nothing!!!! I call back after finally receiving a denial letter saying seam separation not under warranty...WTH??? I am still going round and round with them almost 4 months later.. I even asked for corporate info to file a complaint. They gave me their own damn division and said complaint was not valid due to denial that damages were not covered by warranty. They still refuse to send out one of their own techs to review damage... CLEARLY GBS DOES NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS. They DO NOT NEED TO BE IN BUSINESS.. DON'T WASTE TIME OR MONEY..

Original review: July 16, 2021

Updated on 08/05/2021: I want to clarify that I’m not one who likes leaving negative reviews & I typically don’t. We are reasonable people who understand you can’t always get your way & we don’t expect that. But when it comes to insurance companies/warranties/etc. that we & others are talked into buying as a means to protect an investment, we do expect that a “good faith” effort will be made by the company to resolve their customer's problem when it is supposed to be covered by the policy they paid good money to have in case it’s needed.

In fact, it was my hope & intent to change my previous review to 5 stars after I got a response by the company from it. By the way things were communicated in their response, it did seem as if they were at least making a real effort to resolve our problem. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be cohesive communication internally with their reps because I have been told conflicting info repeatedly & as of today, we are now back to square one… Exactly where we started when the initial review was submitted. Not to mention the amount of my time is have wasted on trying to get this taken care of. That alone has cost me more money, so I will not be putting any more time & effort into trying to work on a resolution at this point. It’s highly disappointing & I do hope this will help someone else from getting into the same situation when buying furniture. Do not let them talk you into purchasing this warranty, most especially if you are on a budget!

Original review: I asked so many questions prior to purchasing this warranty, to the point that it became kind of a joke with the employees! I was assured my new sofa would be covered if we experience problems with animal fluids, etc. so against my better judgement, we splurged for the 5 year plan to cover this expensive furniture. I have not made any claims whatsoever until recently & never received a response to my first claim.

I called to check on it a couple of weeks later & was told they will not do anything other than clean the outer material of the furniture. No deeper than that, which isn’t of much help. Needless to say, they still have yet to send anyone out & I have actually just filed a subsequent claim which I don’t expect to go much different. But I will definitely come back to change my review if it actually does!!! It seems they get away with ripping people off because there is no one to hold them accountable considering people don’t tend to file bad faith lawsuits on lower amounts like this, but perhaps it is time for “we the people” to finally put an end to this type of bad business practices.

GBS Warranty Services Company Information