2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

1.8/5 (57 ratings)

About GBS Warranty Services

GBS Enterprises sells furniture warranties with comprehensive coverage. You can add on its protection plans, which offer nationwide home repair services for a multitude of damages, when you buy your merchandise through many major furniture companies.

Pros

• Comprehensive coverage
  • Nationwide in-home repair service
  • U.S.-based service centers

Cons

• Nontransferable coverage
  • No direct-to-consumer availability

Bottom Line

GBS sells warranties for furniture issues not covered by manufacturers, such as stains and rips. Its plans are sold with merchandise and are not available for direct purchase. Technicians service or replace covered items.

GBS Warranty Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I purchased furniture on May 29, 2021 from Ashley Furniture in San Antonio TX and purchased a furniture protection plan (warranty) from GBS Warranty Services. At the time I was given a few basic details regarding the warranty but received no brochure or information in writing regarding the terms and conditions of the warranty I was told by ashley that they had not received brochures from gbs. I assumed that I would receive the warranty information when the furniture was delivered on 8/21/2021 (it was on backorder).

On 8/21/2021 the delivery people explained that they were not provided the document to give to me so I visited ashley homestore on 8/22/2021 to obtain a brochure as having a warranty with no documentation is worthless as they could state that anything that occurs would not be covered and I would have no recourse. Again I was told that ashley had no brochures provided from gbs. I contacted gbs this week via phone (week of Aug 28, 2021) and have emailed several times but have received only a promise via text by a representative that someone would call me asap. I only got a text response because I gave a dissatisfied rating of their customer service via text when they initiated.

I called ashley customer service on 8/27/2021 and explained to the representative that I want to cancel the warranty from gbs that ashley furniture had sold me and was told that I needed to visit the ashley store in person to get the cancellation and refund. I visited ashley homestore 8/28/2021 and was told by a manager that they cannot cancel the warranty after the furniture is delivered-so now I am attempting to see what can be done through ashley corporate office. I was also told that if I disputed the charge for the gbs portion of the ashley invoice I would be "Sent to collections."

This has been a nightmare so far and a horrible experience from a customer standpoint. I will be contacting corporate for ashley furniture 8/30/2021 to see what they can do for me. Gbs is a joke. If I can't even get a brochure for the warranty purchased how would I ever know that it had to be cancelled before the furniture is delivered? Signed....A very dissatisfied customer.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I have been a Ashley customer for a long time. Be aware of the extended warranty Ashley pushes on customers to buy. Nothing is covered, it's unacceptable customer service and dishonest business model. They had sent technicians to my home that said an item needed to be replaced, and I had to call weeks later to see where my items was to realize the claim was denied. The customer service is a noisy office in another country where they don't know how to give you a detailed explanation but "that's not covered" even though it in the list of things that are covered. It is unacceptable service and dishonest business.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

Per the furniture warranty I purchased they covered "gouges that penetrate solid surfaces". I submitted a claim ** with a 14" long 1 mm deep gouge on the nickel plating solid surface of my bar stool. They said it was normal wear and tear. It would be as if someone keyed your car and your insurance company stated this was normal wear and tear. That's how egregious their oversight of this warranty is.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

This warranty is a scam. I was told it covered tears, rips, burns and single marks as is quoted on their website and Ashley Furnitures sales pitch. Two years later I reported three tears in the cushion covers. I called to have s them replaced and was told the tears were not covered because the tear was in the seam...WHAT? That's the most likely place it would happen. Do not waste your money. These people are CROOKS.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I cannot describe to you how terrible my experience with this company has been. After purchasing many items through Ashley's, paying for their premium warranty, it's been 2 years and GBS is to accept my claim. To be honest this is an issue with both Ashley's and GBS. I purchased two large rugs And Ashley's explain to me through GBS that they cover just about everything, fraying, staining, striation and pattern. This however is not true.

After about 3 months with the rugs, we noticed a lot of these issues starting to occur and after months of arguing with Ashley's, we decided to never shop there again, but always held on to hope that GBS would help us when we really needed it. This was an incorrect assumption. I literally just got off the phone with a GBS agent And to my genuine surprise, the very rude agent refused to help me. She had me go through the whole process only to at the very end tell me that my claim would be denied. The manufacturing damage was due to Ashley's, but the staining and cleaning should have been handled by GBS which it was not and for a certain will not be. I paid for a 5-year service plan and now I'm left with nothing. They do not cover literally anything having to do with the rugs, only light staining. What a terrible rip off and a terrible company.

Original review: July 24, 2021

I spent over 20,000 with Ashley Furniture, bought their 5 year warranty, that was supposed to cover damages, base. When I try to have some of damage taken care of they did not warranty any of them, so I have a dinner table and chair, office desk and chair that they will not honor, I will not buy anything else from them and definitely not that warranty. I so upset with them, I use to love their furniture, until it's time to use the warranty.

Original review: July 21, 2021

I have had claim after claim, total of 6 on same recliner since 2017 when we purchased it from Ashley. All issues have been eventually resolved until now. In April we noticed a rip in one of the recliners. Called to file claim, who determined after reviewing pics was seam separation covered under manufacturer's warranty only...they referred me to outside vendor to repair at my expense. A tech came out and stated was not seam separation but rip and would be covered by extended warranty. I immediately called and talked to supervisor who I sent work order from tech, he agreed it was a rip and would order parts, allow 4-6 weeks to receive and then call for tech to come out to install... After month and nothing, I call to inquire. They say cancelled order 2 days after placed due to no part number, wth...

I take pic of part number and attach to text they sent.. After few weeks and no reply, I call to be told parts discontinued...I'm like now what? They say have to put in request for credit...weeks, nothing!!!! I call back after finally receiving a denial letter saying seam separation not under warranty...WTH??? I am still going round and round with them almost 4 months later.. I even asked for corporate info to file a complaint. They gave me their own damn division and said complaint was not valid due to denial that damages were not covered by warranty. They still refuse to send out one of their own techs to review damage... CLEARLY GBS DOES NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS. They DO NOT NEED TO BE IN BUSINESS.. DON'T WASTE TIME OR MONEY..

Original review: July 16, 2021

Updated on 08/05/2021: I want to clarify that I’m not one who likes leaving negative reviews & I typically don’t. We are reasonable people who understand you can’t always get your way & we don’t expect that. But when it comes to insurance companies/warranties/etc. that we & others are talked into buying as a means to protect an investment, we do expect that a “good faith” effort will be made by the company to resolve their customer's problem when it is supposed to be covered by the policy they paid good money to have in case it’s needed.

In fact, it was my hope & intent to change my previous review to 5 stars after I got a response by the company from it. By the way things were communicated in their response, it did seem as if they were at least making a real effort to resolve our problem. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be cohesive communication internally with their reps because I have been told conflicting info repeatedly & as of today, we are now back to square one… Exactly where we started when the initial review was submitted. Not to mention the amount of my time is have wasted on trying to get this taken care of. That alone has cost me more money, so I will not be putting any more time & effort into trying to work on a resolution at this point. It’s highly disappointing & I do hope this will help someone else from getting into the same situation when buying furniture. Do not let them talk you into purchasing this warranty, most especially if you are on a budget!

Original review: I asked so many questions prior to purchasing this warranty, to the point that it became kind of a joke with the employees! I was assured my new sofa would be covered if we experience problems with animal fluids, etc. so against my better judgement, we splurged for the 5 year plan to cover this expensive furniture. I have not made any claims whatsoever until recently & never received a response to my first claim.

I called to check on it a couple of weeks later & was told they will not do anything other than clean the outer material of the furniture. No deeper than that, which isn’t of much help. Needless to say, they still have yet to send anyone out & I have actually just filed a subsequent claim which I don’t expect to go much different. But I will definitely come back to change my review if it actually does!!! It seems they get away with ripping people off because there is no one to hold them accountable considering people don’t tend to file bad faith lawsuits on lower amounts like this, but perhaps it is time for “we the people” to finally put an end to this type of bad business practices.

Original review: June 16, 2021

It’s big scam of protection plan from Ashley. Nothing will cover. Highly not recommended. Ashley will provide discount and add this protection plan. Actual it says will cover accidental protection, when you start claim will say this is not covered. To fix you have to pay from pocket.

Original review: April 28, 2021

BUYER BEWARE. GBS Warranty Services is a joke. Do not waste your money on GBS Warranty Services' protection plan. Shame on Ashley Furniture for promoting GBS Warranty Services. I spent over $800 to have GBS Warranty Services furniture protection for all my furniture from Ashley Furniture. I have spent over 10 hours on the phone with GBS Warranty Services, majority of it was on hold, with zero resolution. For some items, I was instantly denied by someone who I highly doubt was even qualified in furniture repair. It is all based on assumptions with GBS Warranty Services.

I was only lucky once to have a technician to come out to look at my coffee table. The technician was from a random company called "Quality Furniture Services". The technician tried to repair my table with a repair marker, which I declined him to do so, because I had a gouge in the top of my table. A marker will not repair a gouge. I do not care what a representative over the phone thinks. This was three weeks ago. I have tried to get in contact with Quality Furniture Services since then, and I have ZERO luck. In a matter of a fact, I am on hold with them now and I am going on 50 minutes. All I want is my coffee table to be repaired. I paid for a service and I am not getting what I paid for. I will never shop at Ashley Furniture again, and I will never purchase Quality Furniture Services' protection plan again. It is a SCAM.

GBS Warranty Services Company Information