2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

1.3/5 (52 ratings)

About GBS Warranty Services

GBS Enterprises sells furniture warranties with comprehensive coverage. You can add on its protection plans, which offer nationwide home repair services for a multitude of damages, when you buy your merchandise through many major furniture companies.

Pros

• Comprehensive coverage
  • Nationwide in-home repair service
  • U.S.-based service centers

Cons

• Nontransferable coverage
  • No direct-to-consumer availability

Bottom Line

GBS sells warranties for furniture issues not covered by manufacturers, such as stains and rips. Its plans are sold with merchandise and are not available for direct purchase. Technicians service or replace covered items.

GBS Warranty Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I place a claim in March 2020 and until this day October 5 2020 I cannot get a answer as to whats taking so long. Every time I called they telling me something different. One of the ladies there even told me my claim was rejected and I don't have any warranty. I bought furniture in 2016. I purchased warranty that is valid for 5 years. I have my warranty card. I even call haynes furniture where my furniture was purchased. They send me a copy of my receipt and warranty. I spoke to 2 supervisor. They promised to review my claim and call me back the next day. They did not. I am the one that always reaching out to them to find out whats going on.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. and Mrs. Iran, we value your review. We are sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience previously. We are happy to advise you that we have reviewed the claim and processed a full replacement for the complete sectional. The approval has already been sent over to the store so that you can get your even exchange or make your new selection. Thank you for being apart of GBS.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

The frame of our furniture was making noise. GBS Warranty's techs came and they fixed it. That made the noise end. Getting this warranty is worth it for people who have kids and dogs and use their furniture a normal amount.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Nicole, we value your review. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with our service and satisfied with the technician repairs. We thrive to provide you with exceptional service. We look forward to assisting you in the future should you need us. Thank you for being our customer.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

There was cat urine on the chair and we had a contractor in a couple of days after calling GBS. The guy seemed to know what he was doing. He cleaned it with some little machine. But there's still a urine smell to that chair. I bought that chair for my granddaughter when she was pregnant with my little great grandbaby. They have kitties. So I was thinking that something might happen to it. But they could have cleaned it themselves and have better luck. So, if the chair would still gonna smell like cat urine, it wasn’t worth the money.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Patricia, we appreciate your review. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with our service and satisfied with the cleaning. We apologize that you are still experiencing a little odor. Although the protection plan does not cover odor, our technicians thrive to deep clean the stains while attempting to remain within the cleaning code of the fabric or leather. Thank you so much for being our customer, and we look forward to servicing you in the future should you need us.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

We bought a GBS plan so that in case something happened to our furniture, they would take care of it. We purchased a couch from Jordan's furniture and when a piece in the ottoman seemed to be splitting their techs came in a couple of days after we submitted a claim. They sewed it up and we're very happy with the service we got. They did the job that I expected.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. T., we value your review. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with our service and satisfied with the technician repairs. We thrive to provide you with exceptional service. We look forward to assisting you in the future should you need us. Thank you for being our customer.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I got GBS's protection plan for stains. I submitted a service request for a stain in my furniture and their tech came after a few days. He did the job. He didn't wear his mask the way he was supposed to though and it bugged me that he came into my house that way. Other than that, the service was fine.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

After/while, purchasing our sectional sofa from FFO in St Joseph MO, the salesman talked us into the extra warranty. He explained they would fix anything, breakdown, replace sofa if it was broken. We have had the sofa a year and a half and we started having problems within the first 5 months with breakdown. The FFO manager gave us new cushions and has been wonderful. He told me to contact our warranty company and explain the frame and the wood that was sticking out of our couch. We did...it took them roughly 10 months to send someone out (they said there wasn't a technician in our area). Finally after calling and calling, they sent someone out.

The technician took pics and said our frame was loose and that wasn't covered. You can clearly see the frame is broke and the wood from the frame is sticking out from the couch. Please do not use the company. They will not stand behind their warranties and will put you off and make you wait. They have not tried to make it right!! Apparently this company doesn't have the respect for hard working people and the things that families have to pay for.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

This warranty has been useless. Shortly after purchasing my furniture I noticed a tear, some discoloration and a few other repairable issues. I reached out to GBS and started a claim. Months later (8/2019) a company came out. I thought they were going to make the repairs but they just took some photos and left. Months after that I began calling to find out what the status of my repairs were. I've been calling ever since (at the time of this review it is 9/2020). No one can expedite my call past the initial customer service level. Everything I call I have to listen to the same song and dance about them needing to order the parts and none of the reps think it's odd that each of them are saying the same thing but it still hasn't been completed yet.

I just want a resolution. I want someone to acknowledge that this is unacceptable and terrible customer service. I want to speak to someone other than a call center 1st level customer service rep who can't seem to get me a real resolution. I want to call and know that I've spoken with someone who can deliver results. I've heard the same song and dance for way too long. I'll never buy another furniture warranty and am strongly considering learning how to initiate a class action law suit because this seems very procedurally rooted and most certainly I'm not the only victim of this company.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Tisha, GBS would like to extend our sincerest apology for the delay. An authorization was submitted to your retailer for the replacement of your reclining power sofa. Your retailer should have contacted you to make the appropriate arrangements based on the item availability. If you have any additional questions, please make sure you contact our Customer Care Team.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I bought a couch from Ashley furniture and GBS handles the warranty. The front of the couch broke and if you sit on the couch it drops to the floor. It has taken 2 month and a dozen calls to get any kind of response other than a guy that came out and looked at it and left then reported that there was nothing wrong with it. This company should be ashamed of their poor service.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

It was messy on the headboard of the the bed and we needed that to be cleaned. I had to call the GBS number and make an appointment based on the stuff that I had in my bed. It only took a week and it exceeded my expectations. It was good. He's a really nice guy too. He collaborated with me in terms of what he wanted to do before he could start and everything was clear.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. and Mrs. Henok, thank you for your outstanding review. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with our service and satisfied with the cleaning. It gives us such great pleasure to know that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to being able to assist you, should you need us in the future. Thank you for being our customer.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

My husband noticed in late July that the second drawer in our Demarlos Chest of Drawers was falling/down out too far when opened and falling back/down when closed, making the drawer unusable. I filed a claim through GBSEnt.com and received a reply that said the hardware damage was not covered under the warranty we purchased through Ashley Furniture in July 2018. Issues such as this should be covered under warranty given that it is not a piece of furniture that receives a lot of daily use (ie sitting on a couch or food/drink on a table) and the chest of drawers should be able to handle more than 2 years of being opened once a day; the drawer is unusable with this issue. Having to pay for someone else to repair this is unacceptable given that we paid a lot of money for this warranty when the furniture was purchased.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

We purchased our couch last year and with it purchased a GBS warranty to cover cleanings, accidental punctures, etc. A puncture was accidentally put into our chaise so I called to file a claim, fast forward 12 MONTHS. I still have not received any kind of services or new fabric. There has been no technician to come out and they tell me the same thing on the phone every time “We’re sorry for your wait. We’ll have someone come out” and no one ever shows up. They’re a scam. Do not buy.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

A piece of our couch's frame had come undone. It was starting to poke through the rear of the couch. I have a 5-year warranty with GBS that covers any cleaning or repairs for the duration of the warranty. I submitted a claim online and went through a simple process. The tech who came had a face mask on. He removed the back panel of fabric in order to access the interior. He moved stuff around, nailed and stapled things, and our couch was fixed in about an hour.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Devin, we value your review. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with our service and satisfied with the technician repairs. We thrive to provide you with exceptional service. We look forward to assisting you in the future should you need us. Thank you for being our customer.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I set GBS Warranty Service up for my mom. One time, the electrical thing went out on her couch. I called GBS' 1-800 number and their reps were extremely helpful. They dispatched a contractor in 24 hours and the tech who came fixed the problem. The quality of the work done was very professional. The couch looks just like new now. This warranty has met our expectations.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Daniel, thank you for writing us this review. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with our service and satisfied with the technician repairs. We value your feedback and look forward to assisting you anytime that you need us in the future. Thank you for being our customer.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I just bought a loveseat from Ashley, and I took out the warranty again. We have a mechanical chair with them as well since mechanical things break. I just moved into a new house and when I did, I plugged in the chair. I reclined it all the way back, so my wife could get into it. When I tried to put it back up, it wouldn't go up. I went through Ashley and asked them how I could go about getting a response to my warranty. They gave me a phone number to call, which was the warranty company, and I asked for the people to come out and look at the chair.

GBS Warranty had somebody out here quickly and they were very friendly and professional. I've got a lot of stuff going on, so my communications with them was quick. They found the issue, and they left. Unfortunately, it turns out that it was an electrical issue with the house, but I didn't know that at first. They plugged the chair into a different outlet, and it worked.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Tim, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Congratulations on your new home. We are happy the technician was able to assist you with locating the unknown issue with the outlet and ensuring the recliner worked correctly. We look forward to assisting you again in the future!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I have plenty of spots on my couch and I have to call for each specific little thing that I have on it. It's ridiculous. They cleaned the one specific spot where something fell on it and that was it. Now, that's cleaned and the couch is still filthy because I have all these spots on it. If they're coming out, why can't they just clean the entire couch? I was under the assumption that protection was to clean my couch, so they could come out and clean my entire couch. That's what I thought I got. The guy that sold me at the furniture store told me that and then when I called, it's something different, so I'm really upset. The guys from GBS were okay, but it was nothing special that they did. I thought that they would come in with a steamer machine or something, and all it is is some type of brush with a cleaning solution. I could've done that. It wasn't what I was expecting and I'm regretting getting the program.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I'd much rather interact with a human being than a computer. I called GBS, spoke to a person and then I was told that somebody would contact me in the next week or two. The guy called me three days later, and he's like, "Hey, I'm in the area. Can I stop by?" I said sure. He was very nice. He cleaned the cushion, got the stain out and he went about his way. The furniture is completely fine now. If I need to use the warranty again, I'll definitely be calling 'cause I still got a while to go. I was pregnant when we bought the furniture. I know that having a newborn, they puke and pee and poop all over the place, so I thought it was a good idea to get a warranty.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Shannon, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are happy you're pleased with the results and that we were able to help. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future. Congratulations on your new addition to your family.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

I called and filed a claim. The technician came out and looked at our sectional and took the pictures he needed. He was amazing. We have a hole in the fabric and the recliner is broke. They ordered the parts to replace the recliner which was fine. Instead of us getting a new chase like we were told over the phone by two different people they sent new fabric to cover the hole. We did not pay $500 for the protection plan to have the hole covered. I will NEVER buy anything from them again until they change insurance companies.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I have been trying for a month to get replacement cords for my couches. I was told by Haynes to call GBS and give them a 10 digit number. When I called GBS they couldn't find my warranty told me I needed to go back to Haynes and get my sales receipt. After contacting Haynes they told me the sales was already sent to GBS and I shouldnt have to do the leg work. I called GBS again they told me the same. I went back to the Haynes store and ask for the sales receipt. Haynes informed me again of the above, I insisted on getting the sales receipt this time. I emailed them, after 4 days of hearing nothing from GBS I called them, their operator told me I should hear from a tech within 7-10 business days/ I called again to which the operator told me very rudely she couldn't find a claim then stated it could be because it's still processing. The incompetence is staggering with this company.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Had a party. Furniture got goodness knows what all over. The food drinks were a accidental occurs. Warranty is suppose to cover accidents. I'm being told it's a general cleaning which isn't covered. The accident more than likely goes beyond cleaning but they're refusing to help. How is spilling on furniture not covered but it says accidents are. Very unhappy with service.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I’ve had the warranty with GBS for two years for indoor furniture and a couple of weeks ago, I needed some work done. Something took the finish off the dining room table but everything’s good. I can kinda see it, but I know where to look.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Scott **, your review is very important to us. We strive to provide top notch service to each and every one of our valued customers. We are happy to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations and look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: July 23, 2020

There had been an accident on one of the leather couches and the end chair and GBS came out to clean that. The whole process of setting that up was very easy. I'm not 100% satisfied though. I still feel like there's a bit of an odor to the couch. I had also purchased this leather conditioner cleaner from Jordan's when we got the furniture. He said it was very similar to what he was gonna use to clean the couch, but I still don't feel like it got the scent completely out of it. I didn't call GBS back. I called Jordan's and asked if we could get some more of the actual cleaner itself to see if I could do it again and see if the smell would improve. Other than that, the guys from GBS were very professional and punctual and came right away. So, it was a good experience.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Sarah **, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are pleased that your experience over the phone and the technician's visit went smoothly. We appreciate and value your business.

Original review: July 20, 2020

Bought a leatherette couch approximately six months ago with this warranty plan. My kids were jumping on it. I know I shouldn't allow that to happen but it developed a small tear in the armrest. I called them immediately. They said originally that is a factory defect because the stitching separated morning to 9. I said better pictures. They said, "Oh that's not a factory defect. That is from dogs chewing it." Problem is I have no dogs or pets. After proving that now their excuse is that is repeated damage and that is not covered. Either this place cannot make up its mind as to what lies are going to give me.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Richard **, we appreciate your review. You filed a claim for a tear on your reclining love seat. We requested photos for further processing of the claim. Once we received the photos, it was found that the leather has a considerable amount of different jagged entry points which mimics the appearance of something chewing on the material. The protection plan that you purchased does not cover misuse and/or abuse of the furniture. As you are indicating that this damage was the result of children jumping on the furniture causing multiple lacerations and in some areas the complete removal of about 3 to 4 inches of the area where the seam was located. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused, and we look forward to servicing you for future covered stains and/or damages. We are unable to further service this claim due to the terms and conditions of your protection plan.

Original review: July 19, 2020

Immediately the next day after I got my furniture, my nightstand had started chipping. I filed my claim, and I explained everything of what the issue was. To get someone out here, I was told that someone was gonna call me within three to five days to schedule a day. That next day, a guy contacted me and said that he was in the area. He asked if I was available, which I was, so he came. When he was here, he fixed the problem and it took him 30 minutes to complete the job. Overall, everything went well. The guy was nice and he finished the services quickly as well.

GBS Warranty Services response

Ms. Zhana **, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that we were able to assist you and resolved your issues in a timely manner. We work very hard to meet expectations like yours and we’re happy to hear that we hit the mark!

Original review: July 15, 2020

I had an ink stain on my couch. We tried taking it off with some pencils but it didn't budge. We called a claim in to GBS Warranty and their tech called us right away to schedule an appointment. He came on time with a mask and took care of the stain really quickly.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Irma **, we appreciate your review. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with our service and satisfied with the technician's repair. We thrive to provide you with exceptional service, and we look forward to assisting you in the future should you need us. Thank you for being our customer.

Original review: July 13, 2020

I have an elliptic recliner and there was a bad cord on it. I just made one phone call to GBS and they give me a day a service guy would be here. It took about three days for the guy to come out but it was on the day he said he would be here. He then did what he needed to do and he was very polite. He replaced the cord and that was it. So far, GBS met everything they said they’d do when they gave me the warranty.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. William **, we appreciate your review. We are extremely proud and happy to know that we were able to step up and meet the mark when you were in need of our assistance. We appreciate your business and we look forward to assisting you in the future.

Resolution response: July 13, 2020

Thank You to Al at Ashleys Home Furniture Store. He clearly saw a problem with the system and fixed the issue.

Original review: July 11, 2020

Complaint Description: GBS is a fraudulent company that does not adhere to their warranty they provide in order to steal money and harm consumers. I bought a kitchen table 2 years ago from Ashley Furniture Homestore and I bought an extended warranty to make sure I was covered! The warranty is from GBS Enterprises LLC, but they won't stand behind it. I had significant water damage to my table (which is covered), but they denied my claim. The reasoning was because there were two small scratches where the paint had rubbed off the table. These scratches are also covered. They told me that since I did not file a claim on the scratches, which are not visible unless you are studying the table with a magnifying glass, they will not cover the water damage.

I called their call center in Florida and spoke with Roger **, the manager, It almost seemed as he took pleasure in explaining how I would not be covered because of some technicality of his interpretation of the warranty. The warranty specifies damages won't be covered if they are deemed an accumulation and not specified to one event. This clearly means wear and tear over time, but they have manipulated the wording so that as soon as you get the warranty they can just deny your claim and keep your money. I never asked for the two small scratches to be fixed as they are so small you can't see them. But they used this as an excuse to deny the claim and keep your hard earned money. They sent a technician to my house who told me this was going to be covered and it was as clear as day and night. They still denied my claim.

When I spoke with the manager Roger he said the frame would still be covered but not the table itself. So the frame got damaged and a piece was chipped. Again clearly covered under the warranty. Even after the manager said it would be covered they lied and denied the claim. I am disappointed that Ashley Furniture Homestores would work with such a horrible company like GBS Enterprises that clearly has no intention of delivering on any of their promises and what their contract states. Both of these claims have been filed in the last month. The warranty was purchased from Ashley Home Furniture Store and they told me no matter what happens I'll be covered. Again another lie.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Joseph **, thank you for speaking with us. As discussed, we have issued a full replacement for the dining table. Please allow up to 3 business days for your retailer to reach out to you regarding the authorization.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I have two indoor sofas and a couple of weeks ago, I had them come out to clean both of them. I thought that they were gonna clean the whole thing, but they told me it was just spot cleaning, so I still gotta get it cleaned later. Still, when the guy came out, he cleaned where the spot was and he did a good job.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Brenda **, thank you for your review. We apologize that the technician could not give you a general overall cleaning. Your protection plan does not cover general cleanings. This is something that would have to be purchased out of pocket through one of your local technicians. We are very pleased that the technician was able to correct the actual stains that you reported. We value you as a customer, and we look forward to servicing you in the future should you need us!

Original review: July 7, 2020

We bought our indoor couch from the Ashley Homestore in November and they offered a five-year warranty as a bundle on top of our couch purchase. When we had a stain on the couch from our dog, I called the number that I got with the warranty and they asked a few questions. They then said that it sounded like it was covered and they would send someone out to clean it. A few days later (early the next week), someone came out from a company and cleaned the couch, and then the stain came out, so we were happy with it.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Brittany **, thank you for the awesome review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for being our customer.

Original review: July 6, 2020

The problem that we're having with the kitchen table is not ever gonna go away and my frustration is more with the people I’ve talked to at the store, and not with the warranty. Every time they say they'll send somebody out, it takes a month for someone to show up and they do a touch up. This doesn’t feel like they're fixing it, but when I talk to the store, that's just always the answer. It has been a long process in trying to take care of this table and it's frustrating. A second tech that has come out to work on the table said that the issue happens from water. I asked if he was telling me that I couldn't put a cup on a kitchen table and he told me to use a coaster. I then told him that it was unrealistic. When you buy a kitchen table, you expect it to be able to handle breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I feel like I just got a funky one, but I'm just going through the motions. Another thing is that with the touch-up markers, it’s like the whole thing has been retouched up and he put a finish over it. Besides that, I haven’t paid attention to it and I don’t think I’ve seen much since, so we’ll see. He got it cleaned up for now and then he called in to talk to somebody at Ashley. They then transferred him over to GBS, and he said they were gonna make a claim and then get ahold of me again. That was before the 4th of July, and I've never been contacted since then. Still, the guy was great. He was really helpful too.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. Brandon **, we value your review. We apologize for any inconvenience that you have endured during the processing of this claim and the claims you made with the store. We are pleased that your experience during our technician's visit went smoothly. We appreciate and value your business.

Original review: July 5, 2020

There was a little scratched tag mark on our sofa and we called GBS Warranty Services for it. The rep assisted me and found all my information. She also took care of the scheduling. Their tech came the next day wearing the appropriate face mask and he took care of the job pretty well. He also also went above beyond and fixed one of our stool chair's legs for us. We just bought new furniture again and went with GBS's plan once more.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mr. George **, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that we were able to assist you and resolve your issues in a timely manner. In addition, we are very proud that our technician took precautions to protect you and your family, as well as provide you with outstanding workmanship. We work very hard to meet expectations like yours and we’re happy to hear that we hit the mark!

GBS Warranty Services Company Information