4.2/5 (945 ratings)
Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

About Medical Guardian

Medical Guardian offers medical alert devices and monitoring services. You can choose from a range of devices for at-home and on-the-go use. Its products include mobile devices, home-based systems and a medical alert smartwatch. Medical Guardian offers fall detection as an add-on for every system it sells except the Freedom 2.0 smartwatch, which hasn’t been released at the time of publishing.

Pros

• Month-to-month contracts available
    • Transparent pricing
    • Fall detection available
    • Companion app

Cons

• Upfront fees on some packages
    • No free trial period

Bottom Line

Medical Guardian systems connect to a monitoring center that can send help 24/7. You can get a price break if you opt into an annual billing cycle, but upfront fees are required for some products, such as the Mini Guardian.

Medical Guardian Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

My father was diagnosed with interstitial lung disease and he is on oxygen 24/7. Occasionally, his oxygen gets very low so we needed some kind of medical alert system to get help if needed. Two of our neighbors had such devices. One had Medical Guardian and the other had Life Alert. I researched them and I liked that Medical Guardian is in Pennsylvania which isn't far away. That made me feel better about them. We went with Medical Guardian and so far my father has used his badge a couple of times. He leaves the device on his headboard so he has something close to him while he's sleeping. He also wears the neckless device all the time and takes the portable unit when he goes far. We are happy with how fast somebody got to my father's location when he used the device.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

My mother-in-law wears her Medical Guardian all the time and she has fallen three different times since she's had it. But it has been her choice to not use it because she is so hard of hearing and it's very difficult for her to understand the questions that the operator is asking her. That was a concern we had when we ordered it and they assured us that it would be loud enough that she could hear but she cannot hear it.

The first time that she used it, she didn't understand correctly how to do it. Her understanding was that she's gonna get us, who are supposed to be contacted if something happened, if she pressed the button. Our understanding was that they would ask her if she needed any type of help and if she said no, they would not dispatch anybody but they would go down the line calling those of us who are supposed to be contacted. But an ambulance had been dispatched and it was en route from a different town but we were able to call them and they voided that call. There's nothing wrong with the equipment. It's just her inability to interact with it.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

My son purchased my Medical Guardian for me as I can't walk around too well anymore. In the beginning, I had problems with my device. The light on the device would flash on and off. The company fixed something from the office and now it's working well with two green lights on. It's a bit expensive but it's worth it.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I thought the Medical Guardian would be a good solution. But I don't like the quality of it. The bracelet keeps coming off and it keeps falling and keeps getting tangled, so it's not really good. I also don't like the light. It's way too bright. I used the device once. My husband fell, and I called the fire department. They responded, but they took a while. I know a person that was outside, he was the one that called the fire department, and they got the fire department here. So, by the time Medical Guardian answered, the fire department was almost here.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

My experience with Medical Guardian has gone well so far. Their reps are courteous and informative when I speak to them.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

My knees snapped and I went down. My daughter happened to be here that day but my son-in-law said, "What would you do if you were by yourself?" That must have nerved them up a little bit and my son-in-law purchased my Medical Guardian. I feel more secure having it. I put it around my bra strap and let it hang there and it’s nice and light. It's very convenient the way I have it. I have the wrist one, too, but I don't wear that because my wrist is very small and I don't like the way it looks.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

My daughter ordered Medical Guardian for me. I wear my device around my neck and so far it has been comfortable. Having their service has worked out fine for me.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

My husband and I are 83 years old and we live alone. Our kids were worried about falling and they thought that getting a medical alert device was an important thing for us to do so we followed their advice. Our daughter-in-law took care of getting Medical Guardian so we didn't have any choice. She made all the arrangements. My husband and I each have the alert necklace and we are using it in the house. Supposedly, we should have it at all times. We've had to reset the device a couple of times because my husband brushed against it under his shirt. But other than that, everything is taken care of. We’re satisfied and the good news is that we haven’t had any opportunity to find out that there was anything wrong.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

My wife and I went with Medical Guardian for her alert device. My son sent the order in and I paid for it. The set up process went fairly well. We followed the directions and things worked. The device has been doing very well for my wife.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

My son got me a Medical Guardian device. One time, I made a mistake and pushed the button. Something else went off and they responded really quickly. I told their rep I was okay. So far, I like the device and I'm satisfied with it.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

My daughter decided to get a Medical Guardian for me. I wear it and I keep it inside my shirt, so it doesn’t jangle around.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I had a bad fall and I needed some someone or something to get out fast response to. I wear the Medical Guardian device around my neck and wear it all the time. It works good, it's convenient and not heavy.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

The medical alert device has been fairly easy to use and I don’t have much of a problem. I use a CPAP anyways and it’s all wrapped up around my face all night. I wear the pendant during the day and the watch at night. So, there's not really much of an adjustment. So far, I tested each device a couple of times. I tested one upstairs and one downstairs. I also accidentally hit the button the other night. The response I got was good and it was within 10 seconds or so.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

My Medical Guardian is working out fine. It's very comforting. The only complaint I have about it is that when I call for help, I can get 911 here before they answer. It happened last night. I needed help and they came on quick. They said the call is being placed. They said that about four times. During that time, my neighbor got 911 to answer and on their way before I got Medical Guardian on the phone. I told them to cancel it because we had the ambulance on their way.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

My husband passed away and my kids decided that I needed something because I was gonna be alone. Medical Guardian works fine as far as I'm concerned. I don't like to wear the thing around my neck and I really don't like the size of the thing on my wrist but I'm wearing it. I feel secure with it. I also have several friends who wear them and have them and one person has had to use hers a couple of times.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

My husband and I both have a Medical Guardian wristwatch and it was very good when we were setting it up. I get a little bit sweaty and it kinda sticks to me so I'm going to try to make a new wristband for it. But so far, I'm very happy with it. It really makes me feel good with my husband because he likes to be outside in the nice weather, putter, and walk around and he's very unstable. This way, I know that he can push the button and get me so I know what's going on. I could get out and help him.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

My daughter works for a doctor's group and she was insistent in getting me a medical alert device if I would be comfortable having one. After I lost my husband, I live alone, so she was worried about me. My grandson came and hooked everything up for me. So, I love that. I also feel very good about my sense of security since I got Medical Guardian. Before, I always walked around with my telephone with me. After it was laying there all night when I was in bed, I'd get up in the morning and it'd be beeping at me. So, thank goodness I don’t have to do that anymore. All in all, Medical Guardian is very reassuring for me.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

My daughter was worried about me. She thought I needed a Medical Guardian device. She got it for me. I have one for my neck and one for my wrist. They're all right.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

My daughter picked out Medical Guardian for me and so far, I'm happy with it. Initially, we had a little mix-up in the paperwork. My daughter filled it out and left it on the table. I was supposed to put it in the envelope and mail it. But I picked up the papers and put it with some other ones. Then I got a letter saying they didn't get the papers. But we got that finally straightened out and I'm completely satisfied.

I used the device once and my experience was very good. At the time, I fell in the kitchen and I couldn't get up. But the speaker was in the bedroom and I couldn't yell loud enough to get through. So, I pressed the button again and by the time they got here, my daughter had come over and helped me up. I didn't need much of help though. If I get up with my knees, I'm be fine. But that day, I couldn't get up on my knees because I twisted my knee before. In the end, I was real happy with Medical Guardian and they were here in pretty good time. Other than that, they sent me the wrist button but I also have the wrist to deal for using Eliquis, so I'm not too comfortable with both of them being sort of hampered. So I sent one of them back then I got the necklace one, so I have one of each. So far, I have no issue with the necklace and I don't even take it off at night when I go to bed. I leave it on. I would highly recommended it, too.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I feel good about the response I get when I test my Medical Guardian device. While the black lanyard it's on is comfortable to wear, I'm thinking about getting a cheap necklace I can put it on so that the lanyard isn't peeking out of my clothes all the time. Also, I don't wear it to bed 'cause it feels uncomfortable there. When I take a shower, I take the bracelet device with me instead of the necklace. I've recommended Medical Guardian to other people.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I love Medical Guardian. My daughter wanted me to have it for security reasons and I feel a whole lot better because I know if something happens, all I've got to do is just press this button and someone’s gonna come here and help me. I don't have to worry, like what I did with mom, about how I was gonna get someone over here to help me. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to test it very often but I did test it when I first got it and it seems to be working fine. Their reps were very kind and nice.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I have an equilibrium problem and my daughter bought a Medical Guardian device for me. As soon as I put it on, I did a test on it and everything was great. Having it is like wearing a cellphone around my neck. It's too heavy. But other than that, everything's fine.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

We first did Life Alert and they gave us a runaround for about two weeks. We found Medical Guardian in the phone book and went with them. The device is on her neck and she's complacent with it. I test it once a week as the instructions call for and their response has been excellent. I used it twice and they're very prompt.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I remember to keep my Medical Guardian on. I feel a little safer with it.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I won't recommend Medical Guardian. I don’t know if it’s gonna work when I need it to work and it makes me nervous. The one time I'm gonna use it will probably be the last time and I need it to work 100% of the time, one time. I've been afraid to press the button because I didn't want to dispatch 911 to my mother's house.

I've had it 30 days, maybe even longer. God forbid, if something happened and the thing had failed and I didn't know I should have been testing it, then maybe that's something that somebody should have called the first 10 days after it was shipped to make sure that I got it and we had it set up. The whole purpose of this thing is to help me sleep at night because I have an elderly mother who wants to live by herself. I'm in the service business too. I'm thinking about the process that we use when our clients sign up. We check on them and check on them and check on them to make sure they know what they've got and how to use it. Medical Guardian didn’t say this is a critical product and it's not one to be messed with.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

My daughter got a Medical Guardian device for me. I have the button on me and I've charged it. So far, I have no problem wearing it. It gets me help when I need it and I'd rate it high. I've also used 911 before and I don't have to have the device, but it's good.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I've had five falls wherein three have resulted in injury. My husband found Medical Guardian, and he liked the way it looks. However, the device is not that comfortable. It is a bit big and heavy. Other than that, it's fine. I tested the device and the response was very fast.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I had COVID-19 virus and three days before that, I had my knee replaced. I could hardly walk and breathe. I was in bad shape because that COVID-19 hits your lungs. I was very weak and that's why my girlfriend got Medical Guardian for me for six months. It’s comfortable and setting it up was not long at all. It was very easy. Just plug it in, call them, and that's it. They were very good whenever we called them.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I went with Medical Guardian because I felt more comfortable with them and they have a good reputation. The Lifeline was too expensive. Medical Guardian has been fine so far. It's comfortable to wear but my other watch doesn't have a band. This one's got a band where you have to hook it which is kinda hard. I’m not used to it.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

The trouble was the device worked exactly like it was supposed to. I'm recently widowed and I'm at the far end of a dead end. From here to the entrance is, maybe half a mile winding and wending your way. I wore the device to bed and I accidentally set it off without knowing it. I have it in such a way that I hope it makes it a bit stronger to keep around my neck here. I must have pulled on my lanyard and it pulled the clasp apart. The clasp is a magnet around the thing. And then once it came apart once it was easier for it to come apart again for some reason. I've made a Jerry-built gadget here to kinda keep it from doing that.

When the rep tried to talk to me, just see if I was all right, there was no electricity so I didn't hear a voice. Medical Guardian put in that I needed help, which was perfectly appropriate. They were work like gangbusters and were terrific. They did exactly what was supposed to be and the firemen used the lockbox and came in. I'm not going to wear the device in bed anymore. I'm going to put it right alongside the bed. Because I'm not a false alarm person, and it's annoying that I had to have all these three young, handsome firemen come and rescue me, who did not need to be rescued. I'm a fairly active person despite my age. One false alarm is plenty. But the firemen were very efficient.

And then after the three firemen left, I said to myself, “Oh, let me call you guys and let you know that I'm okay.” But I couldn't find any number to call. I tried two or three, but they all were daytime business numbers. It works fine when you're not out of electricity, especially for a whole week. I was wondering if they should have a 24-hour number. But I only gave my house number, never dreaming that in those couple of weeks that we would have this huge power outage. I have now given one of my cell phones. I'm most satisfied with Medical Guardian.

Medical Guardian Company Information