4.2/5 (960 ratings)
Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

About Medical Guardian

Medical Guardian offers medical alert devices and monitoring services. You can choose from a range of devices for at-home and on-the-go use. Its products include mobile devices, home-based systems and a medical alert smartwatch. Medical Guardian offers fall detection as an add-on for every system it sells except the Freedom 2.0 smartwatch, which hasn’t been released at the time of publishing.

Pros

• Month-to-month contracts available
    • Transparent pricing
    • Fall detection available
    • Companion app

Cons

• Upfront fees on some packages
    • No free trial period

Bottom Line

Medical Guardian systems connect to a monitoring center that can send help 24/7. You can get a price break if you opt into an annual billing cycle, but upfront fees are required for some products, such as the Mini Guardian.

Medical Guardian Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

I have been trying to cancel my membership for over 6 weeks apparently no one cares once they got my money. Now, I'm fighting for a complete reimbursement of my money!! I want my money back!! I want my money back!! I want my money back!! ASAP.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Our experience was great when we purchased this system. We thought we were all set and 90 year old mom felt safer in her own home. 2 years later she fell in her kitchen and pressed the button for 3 1/2 hours and got nothing. Thank God my brother came and found her. She broke her hip and is going to rehab but has expressed she is not safe at home because the device did not work. She would rather go to a nursing home than return home.

After 5 phone calls and getting different information from the employees we finally found out she was supposed to test her device. To no fault of our own we were never told that. There were no directions in the box so we had to call to set up devices. They will not take any responsibility in regards to this and only offered a restocking fee credit of 50.00. Where is the follow up for the elderly? They are very glad to take their money and be done with them. I am so appalled at the uncaring attitude of the untrained staff. Buyer beware.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

The customer service is excellent from purchasing to installing. The sales rep and customer service took their time, researched and made sure all tests were performed correctly. Unfortunately the fall button failed the test and they must send out a new one. I am still wearing it in case I do fall. It allows me to push the button, if I pass out it will be of no use. Customer service promptly shipped a new button to me. I would recommend Medical Guardian to others because of their fantastic customer service and the cost is reasonable. I did extensive research and Medical Guardian was always at the top of the recommendation list.

Original review: July 25, 2022

I've been very pleased so far. Had one mishap where accidentally hit the button and they responded immediately. A couple weeks ago, got a call from them to check on me... I hadn't done my own check to ensure the device was working so they called me to check I'll be going to England in Sept, so that will be the real test. We shall see. For now, I'm very pleased with it. It charges easily. I can wear it either on provided lanyard or clipped to my waist. Like both ways. Not too expensive either.

Original review: July 11, 2022

Purchased a Medical Alert System for my mother, at the time 86. It was supposed to have "fall protection". After she fell, no detection, we were advised the one they sent us did not have the fall protection. I had been paying for that for almost 5 years. Last year they offered me a small credit. I always pay per year vs per month. Sadly, my mother passed away. Instead of refunding 4 months -- they told me the previous credit I was given offset any refund I would have gotten. Obviously --- they didn't care why they had given me the previous credit. Also charged me a $50 restocking fee -- which no one conveniently mentioned. I prefer to not do business with companies who don't treat customers fairly. I would not recommend Medical Guardian.

Original review: July 7, 2022

So far this unit has performed as stated. I like that the monitor is loud and easily heard. I have the additional fall monitor for my husband which enables me to go out to the pool or grocery store knowing if he falls, I will be contacted by phone.

Original review: June 18, 2022

When my dad died I notified them and was given a RMA to return the equipment. They received it 5 days later. I have provided the tracking number multiple times and they still have not processed my return almost 2 months after getting the equipment back. They are still billing me. I have contacted them several times and get a different story each time. They collected an additional payment and have not refunded it back to my card. The monitoring services were great but prepared for a nightmare when you try to cancel the service.

Original review: May 29, 2022

My husband fell and the device did not recognize that he fell. Luckily he wasn’t hurt and neighbors saw him and did help him up. This is the second time that this happened. First time I excused as he was sitting in a chair and slipped to the ground. Thought maybe he was too low recognize that he fell.

Original review: May 19, 2022

The price is reasonable compared to all others that I checked into and they walked me through the set up with no problems at all. I was a little disappointed that after I paid in full there were all kinds of discounts hitting my inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2022

Fall detection is a main part of this device in case of the stroke. I use this device for some time until noticed that fall detection doesn't work. It doesn't work even after upgrading to a new device. Customer representatives rare pick up the phone on Saturdays.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I advised the initial person I spoke to I had a METAL roof..The device they sent (that I purchased) does NOT work with the metal roof situation -New device was to come Friday (2 days ago). Has not ... Have no idea what the device they are sending is-but feel the salesperson SHOULD have advised what I wanted would not work with metal roofs...It was CLEAR to him a few times CELL DOES NOT Work IN The house because of a metal roof--WHY didn't he tell me I couldn't get what I wanted?

Original review: May 5, 2022

I received my new medical watch a week ago and when I was setting it up I could not get the steps to work. Then called the rep that sold me the watch and he did not know how to setup the steps and he put me through to customer care, a lady got on the phone and she was unsure how to set it up so she put me on hold for 12 minutes then came back and tried a few things with me, still did not work, put me on hold again for another 11 minutes then came back and said someone would call me before 5pm today. Received a call a 4pm and was told they would be sending me a new watch and I would have to return the one I have to them. Overall I have wasted 2 hours of my day with the customer care and salesman

Original review: May 2, 2022

Needs better battery technology and had to glue string back to clasp already with a hot glue gun. Paid a lot of money and had to fix it in the first 6 months. Considering looking for a different one in the future. Not sure I would recommend this one to friends or family. Idk!?

Original review: March 30, 2022

Contents of purchase arrived intact and on time. However the lock box did not arrive with the correct 4 digit code. Once installed on the door it wouldn't open. The tech support said the company dropped the ball and said we should call a locksmith to remove the box. NO. Very disappointed in their response.

Original review: March 24, 2022

The first call I made to them was a nightmare. I got a salesman that thought I was too old or too dumb to figure him out. One of the final questions I asked him was if I bought the equipment from Walmart was it going to be the same monitoring. I already knew the answer and could have bought it cheaper at Walmart but he decided it was just easier to end the conversation and say I would have to talk to Walmart about that.... the guy was only looking to out talk me and make a quick sale. My second call was completely different and I managed to get all questions answered and order placed. This time the man on the other end was a true professional. Now just waiting on the equipment and hopefully all things will go well. 3 stars is not very fair but the first call was a 1 star and the second was a 5 so wish I had never called the first time.

Original review: March 22, 2022

I have not received my product as of yet. Oh, I do so however look forward to using these device for my mother. I will be pleased to do a follow-up as soon as I received my device which I as of yet have not.

Original review: March 10, 2022

The issue I’ve had as a caregiver for my mom is the App… It is too hard to access and won’t even open up most of the time. Read the App Store reviews for more details. The unit itself is great and so easy to Use and there was no installation. Just charge it up and go!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

I was looking for a medical device that I could have with fall alert protection. Medical Guardian is supplying me with this protection. I was not happy with the first equipment I received but when called to set up the system, I was told of optional pieces. I am now thrilled with my small pendant and the system. Hopefully I will only have to press the alarm button once a month for a test.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

I spoke to Allison. She was well informed and very polite. She answered all my questions and made me feel comfortable making my decision to go with Guardian.

I received my Mini Guardian three days ago. I charged the battery then spoke with a women who went over my instructions. Very easy to set up. Thank you, Carol

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

Wish the battery lasted longer than 5 days between charges! Even 2 more days would be nice. That way it's only once a week instead every 5 days which would make it easier to remember to do as you could pick 1 day a week and that would be designated charge your battery day!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

It is very easy to set up. We got both the wrist unit and the neck pendant, so if we get tired of one, we can switch. Three dollars more per month to add that option. We are pleased and will recommend it to our friends. I sure hope that Medical Guardian does not sell my phone number or e-mail!!! THAT would piss me

off. !!!!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

When they updated from G4 to G5 they changed out the machines and the wrist bands. The new wrist bands have no metal clasp. The have a plastic push nubbins. The don't stay on. My mom hates it. She called and they said they would send old bracelet. She got new ones again. Then I called and ask her to be switched back to 4G with the better bracelet. I was told it would ship next day. She got it and it the SAME one she already has. These are elderly people. Customer service is terrible. We are switching companies. Her neighbor is having the same issue. Shame on Medical Guardian for sending non senior citizen bracelets.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I buy few medicine and they give me on-time delivery. This is really good. they also reply me instantly. I think they are very responsive about the time. Overall, the experience is good and I would recommended everyone. Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I was very excited about the Freedom Guardian Watch because it was everything I needed for my mother. I read the reviews and did my research then placed my order. This arrived in about 5 days and I was quick to charge it for the night so I could set it up in the morning. I woke up, made my coffee and called the company to activate it. Now, I live in the suburb of a large city and getting a phone signal is not a problem. This was a problem for the watch so the Tech asked if I could try standing outside to see if this would help. It seems that a metal roof or siding will block the signal (I have neither). Well, there is freezing rain and sub zero but I took one for the team and went outside (really the doorway and held the watch out further) this changed nothing. The watch would not connect to the signal of AT&T.

I was able to test the system and talk to the operator when I pushed the help button. The Tech suggested I power it off and try setting it up at my mother's home. Upon arriving to my mother's I called the Tech back and powered up the watch. Now there is NO signal. The person I was talking to was very nice and easy to work with. She told me the watch is only 3G and lots of areas are weeding this out for the faster 4 and 5G. There is also a "VERY small antenna in the watch that limits its range." Her words. She then told me I was by a lake and around a lot of trees which can also block the signal - really! Well the GPS is working. I asked if they were upgrading this watch and this was a no. I think this could be a great product if they pick a better phone carries and stronger antenna. I'm so sad but I am returning this product. I feel the technology already exists - Guardian please team up with Apple watch and make this work for our seniors.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

My mother has the MiniGuardian, and recently fell (first incident with the unit). The system did in fact summon an ambulance crew (my mother pressed the button). But the crew could not get into the house for 15 minutes -- until I noticed flashing red lights from the window and opened the front door (I was actually home, but was pre-occupied in a different part of the house). What about the lockbox code? The crew was told by the dispatcher there was no such code. But after the incident, I called customer service and inquired about the lockbox code and the rep immediately told it to me! But the dispatcher (called the next day by pressing the button on the device) stated there was no lockbox code.

What about calling emergency contacts? None were called (including myself who is first in the list to be called). The customer service rep said that there were none in the system and that's why no one was called. I told him to pull up the scanned signed doc of the system agreement which he did, and he admitted that yes there were four emergency contacts listed. He could not explain why the info was not in the system. To summarize: The system -- when needed -- only came through for summoning the ambulance, but failed on providing lockbox code, and failed on calling emergency contacts.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

The Medical Guardian equipment was bulky and heavy, and my mom didn't like it; we tried two different products, so we gave it all a shot. I received confirmation that the returned equipment was received on 8/6/2020 and was told to allow a ridiculous 30 days for a refund. I went along, but when I hadn't received a refund my next credit card bill, I called on 9/21/20. Still no refund on 9/24, so I submitted a dispute via my credit card company. On 10/11/2020 the credit card company reversed its refund and told me the dispute was still in play.

On 10/21/2020, I called and talked with Barbara who told me that Medical Guardian hadn't been able to refund my money because of the refund dispute, even though the transaction had been reversed TEN DAYS prior. She said I would be credited within 72 hours. What malarkey. I told her that if the refund weren't posted in that time, I would go ahead and work through my state's district attorney. She said, "OK" without any apology for this poor service.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I order the home medical alert system for my mother end of 2019. I was told when I purchased the system and paid for a year of services that I had 30 days to try the product, and would receive a full refund if I was not satisfied. I made sure the warranty was for 30 days because this was a Christmas gift, and I knew my mother would be leaving for 2 weeks the day after Christmas, so it would be at least 2 weeks before she could try it out. I asked extensive questions about the warranty and return policy, and because of the answers I received I was comfortable paying for a year of services. That was a mistake.

The additional call boxes were not synced with the base unit, nor could I get them to sync. We had issues getting the base unit to work with the cable based phone system, which I was assured would not be problem when I placed the order. When we called to get assistance the call center was either closed (not open on Sundays, but the website said it was when I was researching), too busy to help at that point in time, or the person was completely incompetent and couldn't help at all. We called 4 or 5 times trying to get this system to work.

I decided to return the system, so I packed everything up and paid out of my own pocket for the return shipping and insurance. When I finally received my refund about 6 weeks later, it was $50 short. I called to find out why, and was told the warranty was only 15 days therefore I was being charged for shipping and the 1st month of services. What it comes down to is this company charged me $50 for nothing but lies, deceit, and frustration.

I was going to file a complaint with my State Attorney General's office, but once the pandemic hit I felt there were bigger problems in the world. If this is how they are treating me, I have serious concerns about they are treating the disabled and elderly consumers this service is designed for. I spent hours online doing research on different companies and felt this was the best service for the price. Remember, you get what you pay for, and Medical Guardian will rip you off. Take your business elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I can't get up when I fall. I now have Medical Guardian's device that goes around my neck. It goes when I go. I haven't had to use it, but so far it's easy to handle. The Medical Guardian team has been very cooperative and very easy to deal with.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I'm 82 years old, living alone and I have issues as well as a pacemaker. I wanted to make sure I was covered and so I got a medical alert. I got a Medical Guardian and put a lockbox outside my house in case the fire department has to come in. Medical Guardian would notify them so at nights, I have their device around my neck and by the bed. During the day, I have my Medical Guardian watch on. Having it makes me feel secure and safe.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I had a ministroke and I would pass out and lose my balance. I live out in the country in Marion, Arkansas where phone service is not doing well. I got myself a cell phone that has a button that I push when I have an emergency. When I had a ministroke, I used the dial and somebody came by and helped me out. The ambulance came and took me to the hospital. When I got out, one of my children said something about getting me a push button. Now I have a device on my neck from Medical Guardian. The button is there for me when I need it. I also have a button in each room.

Medical Guardian Company Information