3.9/5 (61 ratings)

About Medical Guardian

Medical Guardian offers medical alert devices and monitoring services. You can choose from a range of devices for at-home and on-the-go use. Its products include mobile devices, home-based systems and a medical alert smartwatch. Medical Guardian offers fall detection as an add-on for every system it sells except the Freedom 2.0 smartwatch, which hasn’t been released at the time of publishing.

Pros

• Month-to-month contracts available
  • Transparent pricing
  • Fall detection available
  • Companion app

Cons

• Upfront fees on some packages
  • No free trial period

Bottom Line

Medical Guardian systems connect to a monitoring center that can send help 24/7. You can get a price break if you opt into an annual billing cycle, but upfront fees are required for some products, such as the Mini Guardian.

Medical Guardian Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

Had to use once and response was immediate. The lady called all the people on my contact list and then called the EMTs. She kept me online so I felt safe. Since I had just got the Guardian she relayed to the EMTs where the key to house was since I had not set up my lockbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

Once you inquire to learn about their product, they won't leave you alone. Phone call after phone call and email after email. When I called Customer Service (on my own time) and complained to the person who answered the phone, she simply hung up on me! I tried twice and they hung up again. I wouldn't buy from them or make another inquiry as they DO NOT LEAVE YOU ALONE?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

Very displeased with the entire experience with Medical Guardian. First, they sent the product to the wrong home - I asked for it to be sent to our home, not my mother's, as I wanted to get it set up first. I had to drive 40 miles to retrieve it. Then, the device would not charge properly or connect to any service at our house or my mother's. Ended up sending it back, which cost me over $20 to ship. Huge waste of time and money. They did refund the $507 I was charged but does not replace all the time, gas and shipping that was spent.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

The Medical Guardian device is good. I was moving and something touched the button, and it went off. I like it.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

The rep who helped me sign up with Medical Guardian was excellent. Then, I went into the hospital right after I contracted with them. When they didn't hear from me, they reached out to see if they could offer more support. They wanted to help me set it up. I'm looking forward to a very beneficial and successful relationship with them.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

It used to be when I tested my Medical Guardian, I got an electronic voice. The electronic voice seemed to be smart enough and they put me through after two rounds of, "I want to talk to a live person." They finally put me into a live person. The live person was very nice and friendly. But that was over a month ago. When I tested this time, I left a message that I wanted to talk to a live person. I said the same thing. But I never heard back from a live person. That made me nervous. I hope that doesn't happen if I ever need it.

Also, the charge goes well below 50% after 24 hours. You don't get much of a charge out of it. I just recharge it every 36 to 48 hours. We also had that problem where when I tested it, I'm at 31 Huntington, but it kept saying I was at 29 Huntington or 33 Huntington. But then suddenly, the app is right after I talked to a live person. That got resolved. But I'm wearing my cell phone at all times because I don't have 100% confidence in this. Right now, I would not recommend them to anybody because of the voicemail.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

The device is all right. I have to be careful because it's just held together with a magnet and sometimes it comes loose. But it's pretty easy enough. I'm satisfied with it.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

My mom is not really happy about paying for it. From her standpoint, the device is bigger than she would have liked. She envisioned it being smaller.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

I feel more confident now that I have it and that I know I can get help. They answered all the questions I had. It's been a good experience so far. I've gotten to know a couple of other people that also use their system and have been really pleased long term. So that's reassuring too.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

The rep was great. She explained everything and I felt comfortable and I felt I was making the right choice. It went great.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

My mother-in-law has Medical Guardian. If it gets activated and she doesn't respond, then they call us. We have a list of people, and then we would decide if she needs an emergency. Their customer service has been really good. Fortunately, we haven't needed it for an emergency. She activated it once. It was in the couch. It got sat on and she didn't know. She didn't hear anything. So, they called us, and then we got ahold of her on the phone. It's a great product, especially for seniors that live alone.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

My mother has the device and she accidentally set it off several times, and that seems to go fine when they come on the line. We've been happy with the device, and it seems to be doing what we needed it to do. I feel better about her having it on. The only thing was the sales folks were a little pushy on the front end, but it was fine.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

The gentleman who helped me and answered all my questions was so knowledgeable and friendly, and very easygoing. Medical Guardian seemed like the perfect fit for us. It gives my grandmother the confidence to know that she's okay because keeping that independence for as long as possible is so important for their mental health. She definitely feels far more comfortable at home knowing that if she needs the help, she's just a button away. She wears it religiously and it really does make her feel good.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

They were very responsive and they answered all my questions. The rep was great. I tested the device when I originally got it and they responded immediately.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

My experience with them was okay. However, I found out that it only works if you're awake to be able to push the buttons. If you're unconscious, you got to pay another $100 or so to get that type of thing. But I assumed that was part of the original deal. It's very expensive.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

My dad dropped the device one time and the fire department ended up there. When they called him, he said he was okay. But being that old, they didn't know if that was true. But other than that, we're doing well. Medical Guardian was very easy to set up.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

Everything's been positive. They've been helpful. It was easy to set up. They walked me through a test and it was good.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

Dana was the most helpful individual that I've talked to on the phone for a long time. She was fantastic.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

Customer service was great. When we were trying to set it up and do the tests, we got a voicemail. That was kind of weird. But then, we got it sorted after. But other than that, everything was really good. It was affordable service and I would definitely recommend it over some of the others.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

I got a really helpful sales rep who answered all of my questions and gave us information. On top of that, there was no contractual obligation and it was an easy pay and set up.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

When I bought the device, the reps were very knowledgeable, and they helped me out. They were selling a product, but it seemed like they were interested in getting me something that I was gonna be comfortable with. It's really a good device. I'm happy enough with it. It has this light that when you're wearing it, it’s almost like a heartbeat. It lights up. They say not to wear them under your clothes, but it’s a little bit bigger than a domino, and so I find that it's noticeable.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

When I tested it, I spoke with them and I was very comfortable with how it went. I would recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

They were very helpful. The product showed up timely, and we are happy with it.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

Had the watch for a couple weeks when there was a network problem. Lost two days. Then, watch did not charge, or work. They sent a new charger. Lost six days! So far "reliability" seems to be an issue! So far Guardian has not offered any refund for the days of coverage we did not have, but paid for. There is no refund on the watch if you cancel, and they have a three month contract.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

Livid I bought a Medical Guardian alert device. Received item. Paid $329.95 on Aug 27. I opened packing box and looked at items. Cheap plastic wrist band or a cord around neck. Plus a device like answering machine to plug into wall. Decided this is not for me. For the price of this device every year renewal, I could buy a beautiful Apple Watch pay once. So packed, returned within 26 days, paid $20 to send it back and charged $30 fee for having it for 27 days. I had to pay $50 for not wanting an item. I was told if I returned within 30 days there is no restocking fee. I was told this fee was just because it was in my possession. They’ll never tell you this. JUST BEWARE OF THIS WHEN BUYING. IT WILL COST YOU $50 to just have it and send back.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

So far, I have found no glaring weaknesses and I haven't had an occasion to use the services. That's a good thing. The equipment has been tested and working properly. To be fair, the services are too new to rate.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I purchased the Guardian mini and it is convenient to place in a pocket or wear on the lanyard. It doesn't seem bulky like others and get in the way, resulting in false notifications. I find that because of these features I am more inclined to keep it on.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I can't say enough bad words about Medical Guardian and their senior pendant product. The product broke and the call center has been incompetent in getting a replacement product out to my father. There are so many better companies. Do not believe their marketing pitch - my 90 year old dad has been alone all week without his emergency alert product because of their incompetency. I have literally been on the phone with them every day and all I get is, "We messed up, it's a shipping problem, we are sorry." That doesn't cut it in the medical alert space. Choose wisely - don't choose Medical Guardian!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I cancelled Medical Guardian on 8-27-22. I returned all equipment but they automatically took the annual fee out on 8-29-22. They received the equipment on 9-2-22 but according to the rude agent who told me I would have to wait 30 days from the receipt of the equipment to refund my money plus it was mentioned I would have to pay a $50 restocking fee. So in the meantime I notified my bank and it is in dispute but is now on my credit card to pay. Since when does it take 30 days or more to credit back my credit card? This is the technology age not the Pony Express. Be wary of their cancellation ripoff.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

I enjoyed using the Medical Guardian smartwatch. It does everything as advertised. I like being able to get the local temperature and knowing how many steps I've taken for my morning walks. Every product has room for improvement, I would hope to see features such as measuring your body temperature, your heart rate, blood pressure and blood oxygen.

Medical Guardian Company Information